Designers » L » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Essential Lacoste for men

Essential Lacoste for men Videos
Essential Lacoste for men Pictures Essential Lacoste for men Pictures Essential Lacoste for men Pictures Essential Lacoste for men Pictures

Essential by Lacoste is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Essential was launched in 2005. Top notes are cassia, bergamot, tangerine and tomato leaf; middle notes are pepper and rose; base notes are sandalwood and patchouli.

Cassia Bergamot Tangerine Tomato Leaf

Pepper Rose

Sandalwood Patchouli

Essential Fragrance Reviews

kllex7
kllex7

I had this back in college years, it just reminds me a chill out time back then. Amazing burst of citrusy and fresh woody scent. Suit for everyday fragrance. It has a playful/sporty scent which is good for daytime use.
I definitely will recommend this fragrance to anyone who is looking for casual,fresh,playful scent.

Sillage:B Moderate, noticeable freshness
Longevity: B Not bad, lasted 4~6 hours on me
Compliment: B some say good, others doesnt seems to bother or nothing special
Value: B Price is okay to me, and worth a try. But somehow i like it!!

kittybobmeowpants
kittybobmeowpants

#1 favorite on my bf. i found a 4.2 fl oz tester bottle on ebay for $22 and it is gorgeous. love love love it.

cpellegrino
cpellegrino

Very fresh, like you just got out of the shower. Almost a soapy scent. In my opinion, it's best to use just a few, light squirts, as it can be easily overpowering with a big squirt or two. I also have the body wash version of this, it's even better because it's more relaxed from being washed. Overall a good scent. Would recommend for guys in their 20s and early 30s.

plumberry
plumberry

I get fresh green leaves and a soapy amber. a light refreshing smell. Great for summer!

Blowhard69

I have the gift set with shower gel and deo. Have worn it a week straight hoping somehow at some point this would achieve some sort of breakthrough on my skin after wear after wear of disappointing performance. It's no use. Projection on my modestly dry skin has consistently been sub-par with Essential toning down quickly within thirty minutes into a skin scent that is very soft and takes a good deal of pushing my nose into my skin to pick up even after 4-5 sprays. It's a shame because I love the combination of black currant leaves and tomato leaf in this one, gives it a real spring-summer morning dew feel with a touch of the European countryside. This is a very linear, what you smell on top is what you get with a bit of rose entering the pictur after an hour and hints of woods in the dry down but with the tomato and black currant leaves still dominating. Essential lasts about 6-7 hours with projection soft. It is better suited for athletes who can't afford to be distracted by their colognes and the casual 20 something looking for something versatile that can be worn all seasons during the day.
I have finally given up trying to get performance out of this. The scent was very good and rather unique and distinguishing though it should never be used for formal events. Performance is very disappointing, odd considering how long lasting Lacoste Essential as Sport is.

Blowhard69

Very distinctive scent, you know what it is immediately when you come across someone else wearing it thanks to the tomato leaf and cassia heavy composition. Fantastic for sports and spring, summer casual wear, very refreshing and soapy. Very green and citrusy, well balanced but unfortunately as much as I love the scent, my recent bottle from 2012 doesn't have the projection my vintage bottle had. This thing just doesn't project at all on my skin, even with 5-6 sprays within an hour I have to lift an arm to even get a whiff. Bear that in mind when considering this one for your collection. I hate to say it, but Belcam's copy of this called Ace is a bit too heavy on the cassia and tomato leaf and isn't as well balanced with the citrus and light woods, but its quite competent, much stronger and a better interpretation of the original formulation with excellent longevity and projection. If you are getting as poor performance as Legolas and I are, I highly suggest you look into Ace for about 1/4th the price. Longevity for me is about 5-7 hours, but rather faint quickly into application.

Legolas
Legolas

It smell nice but it's to weak.. there is no projection in this frag.. and funny thing that it's quite longlasting 7-8h..

Ryanmmas26
Ryanmmas26

Although I voted to dislike this fragrance id really say im neutral to it. Its ok but nothing that really makes me like it but also nothing that makes me dislike it.

It has a very green,slightly sweet and slightly uplifting scent but really doesnt sway too much in any specific direction which is probably why I feel neutral on this fragrance. To me its really hard to describe. I will say I believe most people will like it.

Performance is average on this 1 in all categories. It projects just moderatly and lasts me 4-6 hours.

To me this is neither good nor bad which will cause me to give it a rating of 6.5 out of 10 !

A lot of people love this fragrance but to me its just average at best. With that said its not bad either.

maani
maani

Essential Lacoste perfume is very refreshing ,sexy and masculine ,very nice for young boys and best for casual daily use,price is cheap but quality IS BEST ,IT smells very expensive than it actually is.

aucffan1

I am surprised more people didnt put 'Love It' insread of 'Like it'..

Its spicy fresh, clean and enjoyable.. I dont wear colognes in a season , I think this is great all the time.. That being said it may be more of a fun scent rather than a serious, business, formal occasion scent...

Decent longevity and sillage.. I get hugs and compliments at the bar from the ladies..

A solid 8.5 out of 10.. Its my favorite from Lacoste.. I have a lot of colognes and would keep this if I had to get down to only a handfull...

suryopras
suryopras

woomanmoomin
woomanmoomin

I agree that this is primarily suitable as a summer fragrance (it's generally for that purpose that I've bought it a couple of times now) but I am not convinced that it particularly deserves to be classed (and, in some cases, written off) as a young man's scent. It is no generic aquatic (no aquatic at all), nor does it scream sexuality in a way that might be no more fitting for a more mature user than for an inexperienced teen. Although I find the sillage and longevity only fair anyway, to my nose and/or on my skin the combination of aromatic (I hesitate to say pungent) green/leafy notes and the pepper accord seems to work well with the woody and spicy base elements (not least the patchouli) to balance or hem in the citrus notes of a kind that I might expect to be more prominent in a fragrance exclusively suited to the sporty younger man. This is, at any rate, a scent that I remain quite happy to wear after around seven or eight years' familiarity with it. That is not something I can say for fragrances such as Lacoste Red or Burberry Brit, both of which I quickly found too floral, with too little of anything I might regard as masculine depth in the base, for me to want to wear them. That said, in my opinion, this has little or none of the dark, earthy or smoky masculinity of many scents based around oakmoss or vetiver, for example. In summary, I find this to be a very fine, green, adequately fresh summer fragrance with just enough spice, depth and refinement to save it from the fate of being undeniably and exclusively a young man's scent.

mvhooper2
mvhooper2

Adds a good combination of citrus,grass, and wood to make a very masculine, modern fragrance. I find this to be VERY wearable and unmistakably masculine. Good all year round, but better for spring and summer.

Pranav
Pranav

It was a blind buy for me.. which became my signature eventually. Really good refreshing fragrance. Just awesome. And amzingly stays 8-10 hours easily on my skin. I just love the tomato leave and citrus combination. Very well made. It is refreshing MALE(both men and boys can carry it really well) fragrance. And can be worn by any age group.

I do only 2 sprays of this. Just works well for me. Soon will be buying new bottle for myself. Will hand over older bottle to my cousin. As he also loves this one.

One more thing can some one suggest a fragrance which smells mile tomato leafy and green notes in it?

Vignesh_Dhakshina
Vignesh_Dhakshina

Amzing.. Fresh.. But not very long lasting.
5.8/10

Teahupoo
Teahupoo

A lot of people bash this one, saying that it doesn't last, that it's generic...but you know what? This lasts longer than acqua di gio and gets loads of compliments!

On a hot day, put this on and enjoy. Girls love it...smells refreshing and green.
Great stuff!

Melsisy
Melsisy

Sooooo sexy....!!!!!!

Irishfragrancefan
Irishfragrancefan

If your looking for an average sports cologne or casual cologne this would suit well! This fragrance opens up with a tomato smell with a hint of tangerine in the background! Smells very green and casual to me! Longevity is about 7 hours with weak projection! I have not received any compliments wearing this. Overall a decent fragrance but nothing to hype up

kenney77
kenney77

Outstanding opening love the tomato leaf in the beginning very sexy very good cologne

gfelton505
gfelton505

Aggressively green and fruity up front, like a watermelon limeade, then settling in with a little spicy patchouli. A bit simple. Moderate sillage, longevity moderate, characterized by a fast attack that fades within three or four hours. Better for a younger person and a little pricey for the degree of interest and sophistication the bottle. Not bad but not my thing.

bonacosta30
bonacosta30

Green, green and green. This fragrance is green. Yeah, green. A pleasant scent, but smell a little bit like disinfecting product, little bit synthetic. It has a very poor projection and longevity, last about one hour on me, noticed only by a few. Keeping that in mind, it can be used for casual or office, that about all i see for it, because i prefere acquatic scent for hot summer days. If I have to choose between it and Lacoste essential sport, I choose sport edition without hesitating. Here with the score:

Smell: 7/10. Not bad, but their is a lot of better scent for that price. Very green smelling.
Longevity: 1/5. Rude, but true. Last maximum 1 hour.
Projection: 1,5/5. Notice by a few only.
Versatility: 3/5. For daily use only. If you don't like acquatic scent, that might be good for hot summer days.
Overall: 12,5/25. Not a bad smelling fragrance, but lacking in projection and longevity, and you have to like green scent to appreciate it. It is a pass for me.

smierdzacy
smierdzacy

The top notes are really fresh, sporty and fruity. Reminds me a little of Ribena(blackcurrent juice), I guess thats from the cassia. Too bad they don't stick around a little longer as this scent becomes quite unrecognizable after about an hour. The dry down is slightly woody and green and that is the only way I can find to describe it. You know you're wearing a fragrance but its so faint and in the back round that it would be hard to distinguish it from other brands.
At first this kinda annoyed me but then I realized what kind of scent this is. A purely casual, sporty fragrance to throw on when showered after a game or even just chilling at home. This is for people who want to smell fresh and clean not looking for attention or compliments.
So is it versatile, no. The projection and longevity are poor too. I certainly don't buy into this 'time-release technology' marketing hook Lacoste throw at us because I have never gotten more than 3 hours with this stuff.
I personally find Lacoste Essential quite overrated, but if you're looking for an inoffensive, casual, moderately priced fragrance then it may be for you. 5/10

Fleshy and green, slighty soapy and powdery. I smell something slightly sweet. Maybe it's the cassia. I don't get it strongly though. Cassia smells like cinnamon. I mean it's also called Chinese cinnamon. Also no tangerine or rose. I find this fragrance very nondescript.

sflores777
sflores777

It has a Chrome vibe with some green. If azzaros chrome had a green scent this would be it. I like it though good stuff

SculptureOfSoul
SculptureOfSoul

A rather harsh lemon and alcohol opening made me instantly regret spraying this on, but only moments later it rounds out as other notes appear at either side. One note is slightly green and I'm assuming this is what they are calling the "tomato leaf" note. It also claims to have blackcurrant (cassis) in the topnotes, and while whatever note is here does not smell all that true to actual blackcurrant absolute, there is a slightly sour note pinned under the 'green note' and I'll play along with the marketing and call that blackcurrant.

The initial impression of this is actually quite similar to YSL's Live Jazz, although I like the green notes more here. They smell less 'salsa like' than the notes in Live Jazz, and despite this fragrance being a bit 'rougher' around the edges, it all seems to work so far with the sporty vibe. Of course, I'm wearing this in my air-conditioned abode, and not in any kind of sporty setting, so keep that in mind. I've no idea how this holds up in the heat or with a bit of sweat.

And so now I wait, 30 minutes into the frag, and nothing has changed. Well, this accord as is is nice enough, but if nothing is to change for the life of the fragrance I'd be disappointed. I'm looking forward to the supposed rose and pepper in the heart, and patchouli and woods in the drydown. I'm trying to remain optimistic, but am beginning to wonder why I didn't wear something I'd know I'd enjoy today. Is this all due to the patented 'time release technology?' I suppose only time will tell.

Fresh, clean, with an interestingly round green note.. what else do you have to offer, Essential?

[into the dry down now...]

The scent has rounded out and gained a bit of a powdery/soapy note, and also has grown sweeter.. so I'm thinking the rose in the heart contributed to this, although there is no easily identifiable rose note to point out per se. The full effect of this is a very round and clean smell, the green aspects have been muted. It smells very faintly of sweet grass, but more than anything smells like a freshly laundered towel. It has a certain 'plush' aspect to the scent - the roundness that I spoke of in the topnotes was further fleshed out by the sweet and powdery notes and this creates a truly plush feel to the scent. Clean and inoffensive. Does the fresh thing better than Hugo XY - better than most fresh scents I've smelled in that it stays clean and fresh and relatively non-synthetic. It's just too bad I've smelled this same accord a thousand times in the laundry detergent aisle.

Not a bad frag by any means. But while the top notes suggest something potentially interesting, the heart ventures into cliche territory. Absolutely great if you want to smell like a fresh towel. I know a lot of women love that smell...

taster
taster

At the opening Lacoste Essential is quite sweet and feminine, but then it sattle down and becomes more woody and masculine. It's youthful, and it smells very green and refreshing. I suppose, thats because of ingredients like tomato leaves and other green herbs:)
This is one of my favourite summer fragrances. In my viewpoint it's already classic and it's perfect after shower on sunny summer days!
I give it 8/10 but it could be 9/10 if it was more versatile

If you're not sure about original or fake bottle, there are some good comparassion between them on youtube.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

I don't know if I got a fake, but it smelled so sour. I had to get rid of it as soon as possible so I used it as a bed sheet spray.

Sherrywijaya69
Sherrywijaya69

can wait to try this,for my bf,that famous youtuber ryan higa wears it ^_^

teresathebarista
teresathebarista

The only cologne my boyfriend has. I like it- it's not as seductive as some men's colognes that I've loved, but it's very clean and fresh and non-offensive.

btaylor.014
btaylor.014

This is one of my favorite everyday colognes because it is simple and performs well. It really radiates on a hot day or when my body gets hot which is exactly why I like it. Say you're having a BBQ and you start throwing a football around casually and start to sweat a bit....well you might be worried you're going to start to smell a little but the essential just seems to kick in and you start smelling even better than before. It's a nice, simple cologne you can count on the entire day no matter what you're doing. Clean and fresh.

aucffan1

fresh and a little spicy... one of my favorite from Lacoste... I can see myself always keeping this in my collection because I feel it is very versatile.. A blue collar to black tie event type scent...

Ariesboy
Ariesboy

This is an exceptionally fresh and enjoyable scent to wear.

It is not sexualised at all. It is tame and innocent.

Bought it as a blind buy and was very satisfied. I have worn three bottles of it.
Women love this.

le petit philosophe.
le petit philosophe.

This one was the first actual 'fragrance' that I ever owned, it was a gift that I had received for christmas when I was 15. I had no idea what it would smell of, I was just attracted by the slick marketing campaign (that television advert featuring the Feist song and the handsome fellow in the green polo jumping along the ocean tide). Although I do remember loving it when I first sprayed it on myself. It was pleasant and just complex enough, although coming back to it now I don't like it nearly as much as I somehow remember. And so, just like that, it is relegated to the mental back shelf that is nostalgia. It really is a young man, ahem, boy's scent. And it was perfect for what it was back then, in a very specific time and place (come to think of it, it was probably there with me during my first kiss). That being said, I wouldn't wear it now.

Note wise, I get a wonderful opening of somewhat undecided greens, a handful of tomato leaves and that bitter bergamot; quite lovely actually. But it soon dries down into a cloying and rather synthetic scent. I don't really get the rose as much as a rather peppery and synthetic woody accord that actually came across as quite cloying to my nose when I walked out of a department store with it sprayed on my wrist again the other day, for old times' sake.

All of that aside it's still a well made scent with greater than average longevity and it projects nicely enough. The bottle is a gorgeous piece of minimalist design with those curved glass lines and brushed stainless steel cap- I was considering reintroducing it into my collection merely to have it present, but upon revisiting it I cannot foresee myself ever reincorporating it into my current rotation or wearing it nearly as much as I did all those years ago, if at all. Although there is that adage stating that "you never forget your first". Forget? Maybe not. But needless to say, I have moved on to different, if not greater olfactory adventures.

stacia79
stacia79

How should a teenage boy smell? Ideally, like Lacoste Essential. When my son reaches adolescence I will buy him a bottle of this. It seems right for an active young man. It's not overly sexual, just fresh and aromatic. Lots of green leaves in here. It gives the impression of an outdoorsy male who has been playing ball in the park all day with his buddies and then goes home to grab a quick shower and throw on a new tee shirt before going to meet his date. Easy going, no fuss, a clean grassy scent. I find this quite appealing and youthful.

dmirror
dmirror

This would be a great fragrance if that tomato smell could be toned down a bit but its what stands out the most it smells decent but i just don't like the tomato in it but a good alternative to this is sean john I AM KING its almost kind of similar but I AM KING smells better i say check it out before blind buying essential is just alright i am king is better

Manolete
Manolete

This is very fresh, but be careful, it´s not "watery fresh", it`s a sharp and a bit astringent kind of freshness.

Ivan Reis
Ivan Reis

It's funny it doesn't have green apple. It smells like green apple to me.

hornetz
hornetz

I really tried to like it, but whenever i wore it, it felt like someone's cooking gone bad. I smelled green apples and cardamom which is ok and nice on its own, and then comes the Tomato leaf monster which overpowers all the other elements giving it a very bitter accord. It is green in nature and hints at being sporty but cant seem to make up its mind in which direction to go. The fragrance lasts quite well on my skin but thats the downside who wants to smell like a tomato garden.

machine3atman
machine3atman

This smells very nice! The citrus notes give an morning energetic feel. Gets me up everytime I'm down.

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

Nothing special about this one, but nothing to hate about it either. Hardly "essential". Many colognes use bergamot as a main note, including this one, but I don't detect much else going on for it to stand out. Could just as easily be named Lacoste Mediocre.

jembigonjes
jembigonjes

Very good bottle shape.

Opener was pure & fresh, dry down quite lose it freshness turn into cucumber smell, and badly afterwhile I can smell none..before 1 hour...

very good opener :)
strange cucumber dry down :(
worst longevity :(
good bottle :)

kokorico
kokorico

i just bought it smell good on my skin

mtheory8
mtheory8

I think this is a very pleasing summer scent. Melon and tomatoe leaf opening, soft and fresh. Doesn't smell synthetic unlike some other summer fragrances. Not super unique but its very very nice for the summer.

iremz
iremz

My bestfriend usin that. Woody but fresh,smeels like aftershave but sporty. Not much different from others.. If u in happy,active,sportive and summer day it s gonna be nicer..

ScottyVizz

Pleasant smell but not much else can be said. The perfect cologne for the non-cologne wearer.

zenmonkey
zenmonkey

Can't say I really like this one. The smell is a shade feminine to me, and it smells really cheap to my nose. My wife was not a fan either, her comment was that it smelled like something she would spray around the house as air freshener. While overall not a bad smell, this fragrance has nothing to offer compared to the other options available for warm weather fragrances. Pass or try, but do not blind buy.

Kevin_tuan_91
Kevin_tuan_91

smell it on sephora with my friends. the opening is grass smell, but i really like it. after a while, it is musculine. all my friend say it is good. just think gonna purchase it ..... man vs woman like it....

mylezy17
mylezy17

Wow! I love this stuff! Probably one of the best I've smelt. I get the fresh cut grass note in this, smells divine! Perfect for spring/summer, longevity and projection is amazing, 10/10! Totally recommended

galacksy
galacksy

I, as a female, must say that this is the best cologne I've ever smelled. Every once in a while when I pass the men's fragrances, I spray some of Essential on and just enjoy every second of smelling it. It's just so good!

ikuone
ikuone

I bought myself at local store...first I was stuck with other choice then I
Decided to choose lacoste essential due to refreshing smell that really made my mind calm and feel easy. It is really lasting on my skin...I usually wear for work especially at night shift...wow till morning I can get the smell and sometimes it can be really mysterious smell but in a good way which I like it...

mtlimodriver
mtlimodriver

Got it for a gift.

Green, sweet fragrance. Synthetic smelling

Soft projection and poor longevity. I usually use it for work because of this reason.

Very mediocre

djgleny
djgleny

Essential is a very fresh,soothing,clean sporty fragrance.Has a citrus opening and is soothing to the nose.I personally like clean fragances and cannot wear something very havy which gives me a headache.However its a very generic perfume and can be used everyday to work.Its very inexpensive as well.
Overall:
Longevity-3-4hrs
Sillage:Moderate
Day wear intended for younger crowd.

Schmee1989
Schmee1989

Before I started getting into fragrances, essential was really the first scent that I smelled that I immediately loved. I don't know what it is about it, but it smells so fresh, clean, and good to my nose. To me, essential smells exactly how it looks in the bottle. This is certainly for the spring and summer days, and I would put this fragrance in the category for the younger guys. If you like citrusy and/or fruity scents I'm sure you'll love this one. I've heard that plenty of ladies like this scent too, and if we are going to be honest with ourselves guys, that's the main reason we buy these liquids that we do. Also, for some reason every time I smell this I get the picture of green grass haha. It's essential that I always have a bottle of essential.

renzo77
renzo77

friends heard those brands Lacoste, Hugo Boss and Georgio Armani are a crap cheat us with a lot of money by charging fragrances perfumes do not last spoke of this craps like lacoste has no duration or projection that is very cool apart from buying nonsense like this does not stop these scammers steal by

KeithScar
KeithScar

Lacoste Essential is a great spring/summer fragracne that is essential in freshness and has nice citrus vibes and dries down to a nice masculine sandlewood vibe. Perfect for casual every day use when you're on the go. This is way bette than the flanker Essential Sport

RobbieX
RobbieX

This is a nicely blended fresh citrus. It's almost identical to Byblos Uomo 2001 on me.

Essential has fresh green notes and a lovely sweet citrus background and I can just smell the rose too. I can't particularly smell tomato leaf though. (If you like an amazing tomato leaf note try Sisley's Eau de Campagne)

There is no problem with longevity or projection.

I actually prefer Essential Sport slightly but this is a really nice summery and very fresh scent.

I like it.

Kain
Kain

A decent fresh, fruity and floral fragrance which is a good choice for a guy who don't has any fragrance in this genre and he want something pleasant and safe to wear casually in spring and summer.
But if you already have great fragrances in this genre, save your money!
The opening of this fragrance is a sweet, green and fruity smell which is light and transparent.
This sweetness is smooth and OK. it's not that strong.
The fruity notes are not that fresh and citrusy. in my opinion the fruity scent smell more like juniper berries instead of bergamot or tangerine. but all and all, it's a sweet fruity scent. it's not citrusy. don't let the citrusy notes fool you!
In the mid the green vibe of the scent settles down and now the rose scent join in and you have this scent to the end.the rose note here is sweet and light but it's not feminine.
Average projection and weak longevity on my skin.
يه عطر خوب و خوشبو كه اگه تازه با دنياي عطر و ادكلن آشنا شدين و ادكلن خاصي ندارين اين ميتونه يه گزينه نسبتا خوب باشه. چون بوي خوب و عامه پسندي داره و شما ميتونين هر روز تو بهار و تابستون ازش استفاده كنين
رايحه اوليه اين عطر يه بوي نسبتا شيرين و ميوه اي هست كه كمي حس گياهي و سبز تو رايحه اش حس ميشه. بوي ملايم و خوبي داره و اصلا آدمو اذيت نميكنه
در ادامه بوي سبز و گياهي ضعيفتر ميشه و شما همون بوي شيرين و ميوه اي رو دارين به اضافه بوي گل رز كه به راحتي به مشام ميرسه
همين بو تقريبا تا آخر ميمونه و تغييري به اون صورت نميكنه
در كل عطر خوشبويي هست اما اگه عطرهاي تابستوني خوبي تو كلكسينتون دارين بي خيال اين شين چون هيچ چيز خاصي نداره و يه عطر معمولي و عاميانه هست كه بوي خيلي معمولي داره
پخش بوش متوسطه و ماندگاري زياد خوبي نداره

dmhorton
dmhorton

This cologne here is summer in a bottle. This reminds me of that smell of fresh cut grass for some reason but i like it. Its nothing too amazing but its a safe ordinary summer scent. The compliment factor for this one is moderate. Its not gonna be a head turner but you might get a few compliments here and there with it. Nothing amazing but definitely a solid scent for the collection. I would say try it out

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

Received quite a few GOOD compliments wearing this back in high school..Very clean GREEN scent..I feel preppy whenever i wear it...love it..and ladies love it too guaranteed!! *winks*

Osrockoo
Osrockoo

love it smells super nice

tomerits
tomerits

very fresh with nice longevity,its what we call a "safe buy", easy to wear and will be perfect for hot summer day/night.my favorite from lacoste. like it a lot.
my rank 4/5.

sameel

well this one is not for me the begining is harsh but dry down is not so bad.....ok scent nothing special..

fresh_scents
fresh_scents

It is another generic scent formulation that doesn't deserve high praise. I like Lacoste Essential for its simplicity and will purchase a bottle when my two other downtime fragrances (Burberry Summer and Lacoste White) run out.

rajeev
rajeev

a nice fragrance... nothing to write home about. was expecting far more out of this one.

bsbnsc

wow my review has been deleted! I wrote 'it smells cheap' on this one. I assume that was one of Lacostes' employee who secretly deleted my comment

tastetherainbow87
tastetherainbow87

It's smell good ain't worth the money that asking for don't mind getting it just don't smell unique to me

ITS juan
ITS juan

This fragrance is not for everyone. its for a young man. i haven't smells any cologne that smell sweeter than this. this is as sweet as it gets. MY FAVORITE!!! Should be used only for going out with a girl. It's for special ocations but don't over wear it.

colettemichelle
colettemichelle

I have a sample vial of this. While I like it, I wouldn't purchase an entire bottle of it. First off, it's marketed as a masculine fragrance, which I can understand, but I think I'd prefer it on me rather than on a man. I picture a boy (not a man) somewhere around his late teens/early twenties...someone who wears a fragrance not for personal enjoyment but "to get the ladies". It's an inoffensive, generic scent from the ubiquitous "sporty" cologne genre.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A sporty-barber shop frag, which goes all musky and damp...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 1 Hour. 3.5 inch projection Classic barber shop with sporty feel, not nice IMHO. Dated and should have been from the 90's

1 hour - 3.5 hours - 2.5 inch projection. Goes more damp and muksy and smells like something I would not want to mention for bad taste purposes.

3.5 hours - 7.5 hours. 1 inch projection

One of the yuckiest I have ever smelt

alfreal
alfreal

Very fresh and safe scent for summer days. Dry down, Sillage and Longevity is good. Not recommended for night time.

bsbnsc

cheap smell. cologne for nerd. don't you dare use the word 'classic' on this one, people might get confused by it

it actually smells pretty good when you spray it on your apartment

uuriintuya.mendsaikhan
uuriintuya.mendsaikhan

Aawdaa awch ugwul zugeer sanagdlaa.

sameel

little harsh at first but after about just 15 or 20 minutes hmmmmmmm! just love this thing!

plastik
plastik

Like others have mentioned, this is a safe and pleasant scent. Opening smells like citrus with a leaves. With so many other fragrances in my collection, I decided to sell this one, because it doesn't really "wow" me enough to wear over the others.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Cheapy, safe designer. I expected something very fruity and aquatic for some reason, so was surprised from what I got was a very green type scent, like leaves, vegetation and some powdery fruits. Like being in a strange greenhouse, steamy/humid tomato/vegetable leaves and the fruity vibe combined.

So basically the tomato leaf here really puts me off of what was a relatively generic, boring start. Creates a strange 'greenhouse-green' stuffiness that messes with the whole formula.

And also, very cheaply blended, the 'powderyness' stands out here, like Elegance and Challenge, also by Lacoste. Bad. I thought it may, because the bottle is very nice!

Very subtle, nothing was loud, with no real discerning quality, I was disappointed alright! Woods were so, so, every fragrance has them!

As one experienced reviewer put, if I may kindly quote 'Absolutely unessential'.

A scent is a scent right, and Ok, maybe forgive me for sounding snobbish? But look past it, there are far more involving works out there, and not half only in the niche game!

2/5.

yella_light
yella_light

Classy sporty fragrance that can be worn on any occasion.
This can be a signature scent that won't offend anyone.
One of the best Lacoste scents out there.
(3-4 sprays max)

Age group: 13+
Projection: 4 stars
Longevity: 4.5 stars
Versatility: 4.5 stars
Smell: 5 stars
Overall: 4.5 stars

bcoops
bcoops

I tell u, I was iffy on this, but I'm really enjoying it and I definitely find I get 'bursts' of it during the day even while doing nothing, its like opening a can of cold sprite! ..its refreshing and clean

follow...this shit is great...on a scorching hot summer day this is excellent! well done lacoste I enjoy this very much

mark.gordon
mark.gordon

lemon, bergamot, mint, lavender, a little cedar a little lime with a more fruity dry down... smells even better when i sweat.

nazari753
nazari753

very green and addictive fragrance. It's very versatile and I wear it for working out and after taking a shower.
It's refreshing and keeps a smile on your face. I like the tomato leaf and rose in this fragrance.

Chris72
Chris72

Ok guys, here's my story....I was out with a beautiful female friend of mine & after trying out many different fragrances, she adviced me to purchase this. Personally I wasn't a fan. Too much of a leafy smell, just smelled like a bunch of minty green leaves, bushes, & trees to me. I really didn't like it, but she insisted & insisted. So I said what the heck, what's the worst that can happen?.. Now, I'm a 1/3 done with the bottle...guys EVERYTIME I walk in2 a room with this the girls are like "you smell soooo good!" or friendly smiling at me asking "Wow, is that u with that scent?"...and I mean just about EVERYTIME... It's come to the point where if I don't get a compliment, I think something is wrong w/their sense of smell!.. It still smells like a green minty forest to ME, but WOW, I am becoming a fan, besides who am I to tell these woman "Hey your wrong, & I'm right about this fragance?".. I think I'm just gonna keep on wearing it & keep my mouth shut :)

Nikolaos1984
Nikolaos1984

Its different but good!

micrtin
micrtin

this one is very refreshing, green scent. Somehow gets me in a good mood. Last very long, 8+hours
**Before byuing this, I recommend trying Hugo by Hugo (1995). It`s quit similar in that its fresh, clean, green, but much more sophisticated, smooth and a bit more mature scent. Once you compare you will see that this is like a mint candy compared to Hugo. Hugo also outlasts this one by a couple hours in my opinion

karthiktas
karthiktas

One of the class smell. Very nice. Freshhhhhhhhhhhhh & it does projects very well, people will smell u when u walk.
Projecion: 9/10, Longevity: 7/10

johngreenink
johngreenink

If you're going to pick a 'fresh' scent this is a great choice. Essential manages to be light but still have a distinct personality. It adds a green 'edge' to a fresh scent base. Cassia, lime, pepper; these are all star players, and just a hint of rose at the bottom keeps the perfume serious enough to wear at pretty much any time of the year. Understated, masculine, and full of the energy of Spring - wear this one to feel motivated.

Kannantas
Kannantas

Very Good Perfume. I spray on my cloths. It stays long. Everyone will ask u what perfume u wearing. Try It. Worth. Stays Long Enough. Not too strong.

imochy
imochy

This is a young man's everyday scent.

Nothing stands out of the crowd, nothing really special, smells good and fresh indeed, but that would be it.
Good though, as it has the sporty-feeling in here. Something you expect from an active young man.

However, on my boyfriend, it's highly addictive smell! :D

mr lenard
mr lenard

Beautiful fresh smell suited to laid back people who don't take things too seriously

Ralphfaeill
Ralphfaeill

Smells good on my body but less attractive for me..I'd prefer other perfumes..

tavinver
tavinver

It is a very agreable aroma but not exceptional, short life, sometimes is citrus, after wood notes.

smokva
smokva

I have it and don't like it very much. To me it smells like watermelon when opening. Later it just fades away, base notes are very weak...I almost don't feel it.
Very disappointed.

behzad1280
behzad1280

Green and light.
Make you feel levitating!
Very aromatic and simple. Good for young men.

یک عطر سبز سبز سبز و بسیار ساده با رایحه بسیار سبک که به آدم احساس معلق شدن در هوا رو میده
تا حدی منو یاد "گود لایف دیویدوف" میندازه، اولش خیلی خوبه ولی زود خسته کننده میشه
واسه جوانترها خیلی مناسبه

sourservice
sourservice

Sporty, fresh, green. This is nice fragrance, above average scent for most people. For people who want different smell from acqua di gio and bvlgari aqua.

Longevity is OK, above 6 hour in hot climate, projection is good. Occasion: casual wear.

tujiang
tujiang

很有英伦风格的一款男香,味道很清新。
另外,这是母亲去香港给我买的,我会永远珍藏在心里的。母亲,我爱你,我永远爱你!

Buysblind
Buysblind

Essential by Lacoste

Lacoste Essential is a good, casual, Spring and Summer day-time fragrance. For the average guy, this will do the trick without leaving any negative impressions or having him smell like everyone else out there. At the same time, it fits right into the mainstream.

The top notes are fruity and slightly sweet. The pepper and woods in the background become more apparent after a couple hours as the scent settles down and help add a little depth. However, I would not classify this as a woody or spicy scent, instead it is fruity, with a transparent aura and an aquatic edge.

It has a nice smell. While synthetic, it is well done and never obnoxious or cloying. It's lightness and transparency keep it pleasant at all times. The scent does not change much over time, the fruitiness eventually dies down and transitions to a smooth, though typical, woody base that remains close to the skin.

Essential is perfect for warmer days when you just want to smell fresh and nice and aren't trying to make a statement or stand out. But people will notice it and enjoy it. It' can be used at the gym, for a casual date, the office, or for just hanging out with your friends.

It's also a great first cologne for younger guys looking to buy something.

Still, it's appropriate for all ages, especially the 30 and under crowd. Relatively inexpensive and easy to find, I would choose this over other popular fresh fragrances that can be found at drugstores, like Versace Eau Fraiche, D&G Light Blue, or CK One. Overall it's much smoother--no sharp edges or unpleasing qualities.

Longevity is good, 4 to 8 hours depending on the weather and where you apply it.

Projection is not strong, though it is apparent.

Fairly versatile with exception to nights out and formal events.

Rob Frost
Rob Frost

The opening is fresh, fruity, green, clean, bright, casual, lighthearted, friendly.

It's like stepping out of the shower on a spring morning, opening the window to your blossoming garden and letting a mild breeze dry your body while you're having a fruit salad for breakfast.

The drydown is somewhat woodier while retaining the apple note.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

Start similar to azzaro chrome but in a less synthetic way and to a green side.
Then after about half-hour it turn too a more green smell and remind me of 212 carolina herrera.
Good for casual use in spring and summer.
It lasted very well for that type about 7 hours.
It's good but there is better.

Anup
Anup

This may be another generic aromatic green, but it is enjoyable none the less. This is one of those scents that i wouldn't necessarily want to own, but wouldn't mind keeping a 5Ml decant around :).
Personally i appreciate, and almost EXPECT every house to have their own personal version of the "generic green cologne". Sort of like a tongue in cheek kind of thing saying, "everyone else made one, we can too!!".

As i mentioned this is very enjoyable.
The sandalwood in the base is blatantly apparent throughout the entire piece, and gives that "seashore" ocean rotted wood smell, which is extremely memory jogging (i went to the beach every summer when i was a kid)
In the top i get an extreme bergamot kick, but oddly enough it doesn't burn my nose with it's acidity (maybe a different aroma chemical?) with some semi-sweet mostly bitter mandarin orange meat/rind.
Keep in mind, the top notes in this one are hard to dig up, but when you do, you'll really find this to be nice.
In the middle i DEFINITELY get the pepper, dry and aromatic, connecting the spazmatic base notes to the fleeting top notes, along with some soothing juicy floral rose(just a tad).
Did i seriously forget to mention the greenest part of this fragrance...the LEAVES..oh lord the LEAVES. They're very genuine, and in like a few of my reviews, i will also suggest you go out and smell the leaves in THIS fragrance to fully understand their HULK GREEN attitude!

I approve (love my decant)

Smell: 8
Longevity: 7
Sillage: 10

xerces1492
xerces1492

I never liked the whole aqua craze, even when my dad was wearing Cool Water (yuck). This is a welcome departure. And it's tame enough to not offend the boss man. On me it lasts quite a while even though I have dry skin. It might just be because of all that Floridian humidity. Not terribly original though. It smells too similar to old spice et al body wash. But at least this one can be smelled outside of the bathroom.

jackcar7
jackcar7

i love the green and fresh scent but it doesn't last long on my skin, it last maybe 1 to 2 hours.

tigergirl
tigergirl

I love this on my dad.

scattolini
scattolini

This fragrance smells like "first job", not to manly-man, not too feminine. Ideal for 20s something males. It´s very clean, fresh and perfectly sweet. Not woody at all.

Despite of having nothing special, the basenotes, patchouil and sandalwood are great and last about 6 hour. The fragrance has good projection and wouldn´t bother anyone even if you exagerate on sprays.

Pretty good at start, but it gets a little annoying when using many days in a row, although is a honest perfume.

Final Score: 6,5 / 10

noddoc
noddoc

An extremely fresh fragrance, definitely summer fragrance. I like it very much, And women like it too

Ad nauseam
Ad nauseam

Lacoste Essential is a fresh and clean scent perfect for Summer. It was 95 degrees here today when I tried it. I like it. It instantly reminded me of beer spilled on a beach towel and left in the sun to dry out and sour. This is not necessarily a bad thing, as this scent triggers fond memories of days spent at the lake in my twenties. I might have worn this back then. It does make it a unique scent. I like the woody dry down as well. It's not bad at all. That being said, it's a little one dimensional. Nice and safe but nothing special.

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

Very green
It smells like green leaves with some sweet pepper and fresh newly cut grass
I think it smells a bit like green wine gums as well.
Especially nice for spring

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Meh. Starts harsh and synthetic.
Develops without the harshness but still a bit stale and lacking character.
I really don't get much other than the citrus and cedar. The rose softens the scent.a tiny bit but te scent still lacks body.

Stefan

This was a good one for a while, but it lost it's sweetness and kinda turned stale. Anyone else have this problem?

sunodennis
sunodennis

Just liked it. Nothing extraordinary, I think, but it wont bother people, if you put it on. Vote: 6/10.

Luc
Luc

Very beautiful, fresh fragrance. This is not a typical watery-citric scent. Laurent Bruyere's creations are always special and different, that includes both sexes. He's done an amazing job with L'Original from Decléor making it one of the best fragrance, and this one is another winner.
Like his previous fragrances for men, Lacoste Essential is not overwhelming and does not irritate. You can put a lot and it won't really bother people. This is very subtil.
One thing though I have to mention, if anyone wants to try Essential in a store, make sure you try it first before any other fragrances because you may find that the "tomato leaf" aroma is a bit strong. But if you start with this one, it won't bother you.

jerichodeg
jerichodeg

I love it. It's fresh and green with a rosy background. Don't be fooled by how it was packaged. At first, judging by the color of the juice, I thought it was just another lemony scent.

Yes, it's fresh but there's more to it than just that. The only con I could think of right now is if this is everyone's signature scent.

martind18
martind18

i liked the initial smell, it wasn't fabulous, but was a nice citrusy smell. It wasn't until the end of one evening when I kept smelling that hair salon smell, and realized that it was this scent on my skin. So, probably just a chemistry issue, but I certainly didn't enjoy the fact that I smelled like a hair perm.

Minity Meo
Minity Meo

The green apple was not appear in the piramid olfative ,but the fragrance smell for me is a fully green apple fruity, fresh and smooth. PERFECT for a hot days or hot nights.

Valentino
Valentino

This is another one of my failsafes. I reach for this when I want a no-nonsense, clean and manly scent. It is superb for sporty, active types yet also suits work settings well. It is very much a daytime affair however, as it lacks any depth or complexity.

I really love the clean note here, it's like a sweet green tangerine(!)It projects well enough on me to turn heads but then something happens like a boozy/alcoholic note? I couldn't work out where it comes from but this is the spilled beer/sour note which people have mentioned. I didn't find it a problem and it is quite masculine.

Unfortunately then it's all over. I think this is because in terms of brand image, Lacoste can never release a dark or mysterious scent. The image they go for will always be young, light-hearted and sporty so this is bang on target as far as I am concerned.

guest_Martin
guest_Martin

What can I say? I got a sample in 2009 summer at the airport and i smelled it a few times on the airplane and i really like it. I haven't bought it yet but this week i got a sample again and there is a note which is freaks me out. Kind of brings me a headache and becouse of this note it smells like a cheap plastic one. I don't know what to say, seriously. Not bad, but i can't say that this is a safe choice. I like aquatic fresh frags and i'm not a fragrance guru who says "it's lame, not unique, etc.." every time, but this is really a bad one. There are a lot of better ones on the market, still in the Lacoste house.

thief of hearts
thief of hearts

long mountain bike ride + hot shower + Essential = blissful relaxation

fingerlicker
fingerlicker

Definitely my favorite from the frags I own! Great longevity (more than 12 hours), great sillage. Girls love it. I really can't find a flaw in it. The only thing is that it's quite sweet and with strong projection, so it might get irritating to you at the end of the day, but only if you overspray.

Surely 5/5 from me

Lacoste Essential is one of those scents that stays and smell better on test strip but not on my skin. The scent is still pretty good overall and stays fresh and sweet; perfect for hot breezy summer day.

I also own Paul Smith Extreme Man and I am surprised that PS Extreme Man and Lacoste Essential smell very similar. The only obvious difference is Lacoste is fruitier, juicier, and much sweeter at the beginning while PS is a little dry. I also detect rose in Lacoste and geranium in Paul Smith.

The lasting power is about the same, which is not very long. I would be lucky to get more than 6 hrs, but usually I can manage to get around 4 hrs on both of these fragrances unless I use a lot, of course. I suggest testing this on the skin and then decide if it meets the expectation. For the price point, I think it is still on the expensive side. Luckily, woody aromatic fragrance is pretty common, so be sure to look for alternative and shop around for the best value.

andrevarx
andrevarx

A pleasant EDT. Input your notes are rich in shades of green and citrus notes leading to the dominant aroma of roses, but roses manly after all. Its base notes tend to be combined with the fresh wood aroma of roses.

It is eminently a youthful fragrance, I think is not suitable for anyone over 30 years, is too fresh and youthful. His season of use is perfect for summer, leaves a trail nice but subtle. Its use for special occasions I think is limited and does not go beyond the casual meal or night out at the nightclub. It has good length, up to 6 hours. Recommended for young users (teens and men up to 30).

il dottore
il dottore

excelente para antes y despues del futbol o el gym ... ese sabor a guayabo es adictivo en cierta forma... no es una fragancia que digamos asuu es lo maximo...pero se deja usar a diario a gusto...

guest_allen
guest_allen

8.15 / 9.99

Damani Code

Now 100+ degrees everday in Nevada and the title alone, "Essential," suits the purpose of this cologne. If you like green herbal cologne, this holds onto 'the green' for a good 3-4 hours then takes a subtle dry down into a tamed, pulsating sweet woody scent. This is truly only a summer scent as the longevity in cooler months is spotty.

I give it a 7/10.

bigfattonypwnsyou
bigfattonypwnsyou

I should of bought this a long time ago, iv seen reviews about it saying it smells like beer..?? It doesnt smell like beer WTF. The person must drink to much beer or sumthin. Their crazy thats all I have to say. Anyways, its an amazing scent. That's all I have to say.

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

when i got this blind buy in 2007.when i first smell it i smell alot of green notes in this without reseaching it first..and i know its for summer scent..i really love this opening in this ..its not too sweet but its in the middel type of sweet.i think the cassia and bergamot makes a good pair..its very green and its reminds me of a island with tall grass

lacoste make a good fragrance and this is one of my favorite summer scent.it really refresh me up. after owning the same bottle for 3 years now, which half the juice left..im going to wear it this summer..longevity is moderate

ScottyVizz

The fact that everyone enjoys this is more confusing than the fact that Justin Bieber is selling albums.
What a boring, trite, lame, miniscule fragrance! Smells like mandarin peels covered in spilled beer. Come on people you can do much better.

mohit.mair
mohit.mair

Smells feminine initially, but dries down to masculine scent.

Very fresh and expensive smelling.

Unfortunately, longevity and silage are poor. It lasts just 2 hours on me.

Very good summer/rainy daytime indoor scent.

garyberry
garyberry

i love this cologne, it was the first cologne i got when i was 15 and it started my obsession. its very clean smelling and has feminenity so i like it. iam a guy but iam weird haha

Damani Code

Hummmph! I can't really give it a fair judgement until the temps hit 90 then I will post my official opinion. The scent is near clean, close to fresh and far from useful but a top of boring.

Lance
Lance

I totally agree wit eyeteach12, I have both of them. And I think Chrome is much better with longevity and sweet!

guest_El Nino
guest_El Nino

The smell reminds me of a dark forest on a remote island where a plane has just crashed leaving human remains everywhere. Lost in the dust, a survivng human crawls who when he screams only generates blood from his throat. Mmmm a truly remarkable scent...

(I need to stop watching action-thriller movies)

sbstone
sbstone

The top notes and the base notes are good, but the middle notes smell very chemical/synthetic and burnt rubber on me. In other words, it's very good up front and after a couple hours, but in between is very off-putting--at least on me.

rx
rx

Clean and fresh, I use it everyday. After a clean shower, day or night it smells nice. For a more serious occasion at night, my current favorite is Mont Blanc Homme Exceptionnel.

Humphrey Bogart
Humphrey Bogart

Reminds me of Chrome, yet a little lighter and better smelling

rithacha
rithacha

REALLY nice! Citrusy, bright, fresh, and sporty. When I hear a reference to the "fresh, clean-from-the-shower" trend on men's fragrances, Lacoste Essential is immediately what my mind jumps to. Fresh from the shower, cleanly shaved, with a crisp white collared shirt. Exactly what I imagine.

One more thing - I don't find Essential to be masculine AT ALL. It smells just like a fresh aquatic or woody women's perfume. Especially when the drydown comes through. I'm sure it would smell nice on a man, but I think it would smell even better on a woman. Just saying.

guest_David
guest_David

Lacoste Essential is a good perfume.

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

nice and clean, with a kinda crisp bite to it that lasts all day.

B.valentine
B.valentine

very refreshing and somehwta tropical...any more than one spray and it smells too synthetic, but not overpowering.

Brando
Brando

Love love love. One of my all time favorites. Very unique in my opinion. Hard to explain the scent but it is amazing.

Cognitive Dissonance
Cognitive Dissonance

For me Lacoste Essential opens with a fresh, sweet, but very synthetic burst. Not synthetic in a bad way, though if I overdo it I find it gets a little irritating (a little bit like Chrome by Azzaro).
Longevity is moderate, about 5 hours. Projection is pretty good. In hot weather it cuts through the heat and leaves you with a sharp but pleasant scent.
I own Essential and I do like it, even so, I hardly reach for it. It just doesn’t have the character of some of the other fresh summer scents.

andy

smelled this and although its a total citrus fruity forgettable scent its well done

its a perfect summer and hot weather scent and can be worn by ANYONE but i prefer fierce, archaic, world extension, thallium sport over this one

pape
pape

very light perfume. Ideal for discreet and self-effacing men. The first note is just a very little aggressive but it's fresh and simple after

guest_adel boss
guest_adel boss

this cologne is very fresh and sporty.but still masculine thanksto the woody base.

iamrahulfromindia
iamrahulfromindia

hello everybody,
another fragrance fanatic joins u.this is my first review...pls be sympathetic if it does not match ur levels of expression.
ok,i find this monotonic and very very very similar to ferrari yellow cologne minus the synthetic top notes of the ferrari...anybody agrees?

r0bdigz
r0bdigz

Great spring/summer scent. Perfect for a sunny or rainy day. This is a great scent to wear to work. Very light and inoffensive. Very green. This will be in my rotation for awhile.

flem
flem

Fresh and sporty. All very accurate. I imagine soccer fields when I smell this for some reason.

And even though it has that fresh scent, it has managed to not smell too much like a body wash. It's just clean.

Think active.

andy

this alligator juice smells good and has a nice fresh feel to it. sorry that it is citrus based and everyone is kinda sick of the conventional citrus balanced with wood, spice.

periquito89
periquito89

Once I called it bland, but I was wrong. Can be cloying, and you don't have to spray too much to get this efect. It is long lasting, and it may has a sporty aura. But I just don't like the smell that I am almost sure is the tomato leaves.

kisherceg
kisherceg

I so love it because of the fine,light tomato leaf note in it:) Fresh,not synthetic, I think... Since that Joop! What about Adam is hardly available and discontinued it is the best for me with this note :) I want more fragrance with tomato leaf :)

Zizo
Zizo

Perfect for sunny days. Lacoste Essential changes according to temperature, just like a chameleon. Doesn't last that long on me though but i still love this cologne. Wish it could last a little longer. Smells like freshly cut grass. You should have this in your collection. Nice Fragrance.

Jeff
Jeff

I don't quite know exactly what, but this particular fragrance seems full of memory and brings back memories of old friends and relatives long gone.I spray it and float back several years and envision myself in a field of freshly cut grass at a big family picnic on Easter, hunting for eggs. Essential has by far been my most favorite cologne. Though the longevity could be a little longer. I can still remember by step grandmother saying "ooh, you smell good," every time i gave her a hug. I first got it in a sample along with another Lacoste sample for women which i gave to her. I like how it begins with a spicy citrus tone and retains that refreshing citrus all the way to the end, ending on a sandalwood (i think) base. This is a summer scent i would think, but is enjoyable all year round.

ahmed ehab
ahmed ehab

its not bad but i thought it was very synthetic , like its a lab scent not something real but its not bad .
test it first coz it might not match with ur style !

Archaic
Archaic

I love the top notes (tomato leaves + citrus). I'm not very fond of the peppery spice in the middle notes though. Longevity is below average (below 4 hours). Sillage is personal. Great for office wear. Yup, I can detect the sourness if I over applied this scent. Frankly, pepper is not my favourite notes.

toysoldier89
toysoldier89

I would recommend this to everyone! it is an amazing fragrance & it last awhile which is great! ITS A MUST when I'm going out!

seabear
seabear

This is one of my Top 5 fragrances for summer. An absolute must have.

guest_midooo
guest_midooo

this is a great frsh unique smell, but dont spray it close to your nose as it is some sort spicy

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

LACOSTE ESSENTIAL is the male signature fragrance from Lacoste. Designed for today's modern man, ESSENTIAL is a light, easy-to-wear frragrance incorporating Lacoste's unique time releasing technology so the scent can be reanimated on the skin long after the first time it is sprayed.
This masculine scent possesses a blend of tomato leaves, citrus, fruit and watery for the top notes. The middle notes include black pepper and florals. Finishing off with patchouli and sandalwood.
it's a citrus fruity scent for men.

Stefan

I've gotten compliments on this, and also women asking what it is so they can buy it for their men. BOO!!! Mixes very well with Givenchy Pi. Sweet and lasts a while

dancam86
dancam86

Very good cologne for everyday use. I agree that it is more appropriate for the mornings and informal occasions

urobian
urobian

easy, simple, comfortable, funny, calm.. a softly green air around you if you wear this fragance..

kevin_kim
kevin_kim

Very fresh, watery, sporty, and very good. I am addicted to this smell. I love it and i would have to say its my favourite out of all the colognes ive smelt. Go buy it

acc
acc

it is extremely ordinary. only suitable for morning use.

da_markos
da_markos

it's very simple and fresh but i like this soo much. for me it's classical smell for any sport. u fell very stylish on court, pitch or ground when you are wearing this. practising sport is much more elegant with this scent ;)

Alexey
Alexey

I love it! It has the essential things I need in a perfume. I love it!

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

I love it so much more than AQVA or any Fresh perfumes. Highly recommend for summerdays. It's simple, but happy, usual, but attractive. It has a great longervity. Try it! You'll love it!

Essential by Lacoste 3.94 out of 5 based on 835 ratings and 162 user reviews

Boots.com
38.00 GBP
Lacoste Essential Eau de Toilette 75ml
Lacoste Essential Eau de Toilette 75ml
Lacoste Essential Cologne by Lacoste, 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
Lacoste Essential 1.35 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Lacoste - Essential 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray N A - Beauty
Lacoste Essential 4.2 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Lacoste Essential 4.2 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Gift Set 4.2oz
Lacoste Lacoste Essential Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz Deodorant Stick 75ml 2.4oz Shower Gel 50ml 1.6oz 3pcs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lacoste Essential fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lacoste Essential, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Essential by Lacoste. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Essential by Lacoste represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.