Designers » L » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

herbal
smoky
L.12.12. Green Lacoste for men Videos
L.12.12. Green Lacoste for men Pictures

French tennis player Rene Lacoste created his first polo shirt in 1927. Its code is L.12.12. ("L" stands for Lacoste, the number 1 symbolizes the "Petit Piqué” material used, 2 represents short sleeves and 12 is the number of prototypes made before the final product). Lacoste launches three new masculine fragrances inspired by their polo shirts. Three perfumes match three colors of the polos: white, blue and green.

Three new men's fragrances L.12.12. White, L.12.12. Blue and L.12.12. Green, in addition to a common sporting note, each possesses a different olfactory character. White represents simplicity, elegance and freshness, blue symbolizes intensity, aquatic life and manhood, and green stands for nature and good vibrations.

L.12.12. Green is a natural relaxing fragrance with citrus notes of Italian bergamot, grapefruit and iced melon. There are also the extracts of verbena, blue lavender, thyme, birch leaf and fig.

Lacoste L.12.12. design is simple and elegant with the brand’s sophistication and symbolism. The bottles are sleek and minimalistic with a distinctive logo of the brand - the famous crocodile embroidered cloth. The texture on the surface of the bottle reminds of that of a polo shirt.

It is available as 30 and 100 ml EDT. L.12.12. Green was launched in 2011.

Lavender Birch Bergamot Grapefruit Thyme Lemon Verbena Melon black fig

L.12.12. Green Fragrance Reviews

Demosthenes1
Demosthenes1

This cologne is incredibly fresh. I find it best used in the summer. It actually warms down a bit on your skin, which is pleasant as the "fresh" scent woould start to get bothersome over time. I use it on regular days when I don't want to pull out anything more expesnive or complex. Its a rather simple scent, but it does the job. 7/10

mwafik10

سعره أيضا غالى
أفضلهم رائحة الأبيض والأزرق

jdfarley
jdfarley

This one smells very nice, fresh, and inoffensive, but I just can't see myself purchasing a bottle since it has almost no longevity on me whatsoever. It becomes a skin scent maybe 30 minutes after application. I barely smell it afterwards. To be honest, I haven't found any Lacoste fragrances to last on me, which is probably why I don't have any in my collection. For the money, Claiborne Sport is a much better fresh type scent and lasts forever on my skin.

Edit: Actually, Lacoste L.12.12 Green is growing on me. While the longevity is not the greatest, I can still smell it about 5 hours after I applied one spray on my wrist. Its green and soapy, perfect for everyday use. While still overpriced, this one's not bad at all. Would even consider purchasing it if the price was right.

khd9009
khd9009

يعيبه الثبات

GaryG
GaryG

This one smells nice and average on my skin. Light, airy, nice on a spring day. I have a lot of other fragrances with more depth, character and distinctiveness to choose from. Nothing bad with this one, just better candidates for me to select from.

JohnB2014
JohnB2014

The best of that series.

bobosan336
bobosan336

Tried the green, blue and white. This one was the worst of the lot - dry grass, some memory of booster but without the eucalyptus, some memory of easential but without the smooth balminess. I don't see why one should get this one.

cologne guy 2010
cologne guy 2010

i feel like ive got my face burried in freshly cut grass. its very blah to me and i wouldnt buy it

Jeanks1
Jeanks1

When I wear this cologne people tell me I smell good but me personally, I don't like, only wear it so it doesn't go to waist. Ill never purchase it again!

catoja
catoja

Hi guys, im new here.
I would like to say that L12.12 Green, was my first perfume, been using it for 3 years. Im a casual user of perfume, but this one i think its worth it, its not heavy on the skin or nose.
Im starting to love perfumes, getting this idea of saving a budget to buy one per 3 or 6 months.
A friend of mine gave me a sample of Armani Black Code, and i like it too.
One Love, stop wars, wear perfume ...

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

This opens up with a generic citrus. I also get a fresh cut grass vibe, which is not so bad. However, after the top notes fade, this fragrance morphs into a block of lye soap, which is just disgusting. You might as well bathe in soap-water instead of spending $78 on this crap. With that being said, longevity is very good, projection is average. This is not worth your money!!!

polkadot27
polkadot27

A very fresh cirtrusy scent i can smell lemon and lime mixed with leather and spice, reading the notes you wouldn't think it would work but it so does, it is soothing and calming and the herbal scent gives it that oozing natural feel. Ideal for the sporty leisure type of man, sexy but understated it is very natural & not overwhelming like most other male scents are. Ideal for a down to earth guy who is active and comfortable in his own skin.

sameh
sameh

I just finished it 2 days ago , all i can say that it is nice & clean but my humble opinion till now that the Red is much better Scent , Sillage , Projection & longevity on my skin.
P.S. i started the White Now & when im done ,I will write my review 2 Compare !!!!

Fresh and green, a bit dry. The fig, melon and grapefruit are prominent so I guess this fragrance could be classified as "fruity" but it's not very sweet. There's a slight "grass clippings" accord going on in here as well.

Kain
Kain

A fresh and green fragrance which is completely boring and generic, without any character and It doesn't worth buying at all!
At the opening you can smell huge dose of lavender and citrusy notes plus some green and some fruity notes in the background. lavender and sharp and almost salty aquatic citrusy notes are the main player in the opening and green and fruity notes are in the background. you need to search for it.
In the dry down lavender start to decay and sharp salty citrusy note become stronger. it's very sharp and salty mid. so if you don't like these type of fragrances you will hate it!
In the base, that sharp salty smell settle down a little bit and you can smell semi sweet fruity scent which is in the background.
Projection is average and longevity is around 3-4 hours.
Save your money!
یه عطر متوسط با بوی خنک و تند و تیز شاداب با حس سبز که بوش بدک نیست اما به هیچ وجه ارزش خرید نداره به نظر من
رایحه ابتدایی این عطرترکیب بوی قوی گل لاوندر هست با یه بوی مرکباتی و تند وتیز که این ترکیب رو بوی خیلی ضعیفی از رایحه میوه ای و رایحه های سبز و گیاهی همراهی میکنن
بوی مرکباتی تند و تیز و حسی شبیه به بوی شور داره و بینی رو تا حدودی میسوزونه
در ادامه بوی گل لاوندر شروع میکنه به ضعیف شدن و بوی تند و تیز و شور مانند قویتر میشه
شما این بو رو دارین تا اینکه بعد از گذشت حدود 1 ساعت رایحه پایه خودشو نشون میده
بوش شور و تند و تیز کمی آروم میشه و شما حالا میتونین یه بوی ضعیف و نسبتا شیرین میوه ای حس کنین که البته بدلیل بوی تندو تیز مرکباتی در حاشیه قرار داره و فقط میشه حسش کرد و خیلی قوی نیست
پخش بوی این عطر خیلی معمولی رو به ضعیفه و ماندگاری در حد 3-4 ساعت بیشتر نداره
شخصا خرید این عطر رو پیشنهاد نمیکنم چون هیچ چیز خاصی نداره

Gault
Gault

Basicly a plain boring scent with birch and a little sweetness this time. Its very much like Lacoste Essential and D&G Light Blue PH mixed together, smells convincing the first time on a paper, but shows a different face on skin. The intensive lemon verbena scent makes it a little bit uncomfortable, but it still isn't the worst from the L12.12 line. Even if you can survive these harsh herbal green notes, its too average to spend money on, but I would probably wear it sometimes if I had it as a gift.
You're better off buying those two mentioned or Versace Eau Fraiche if you really want a citrus aromatic/aquatic.

guillermostf
guillermostf

before i bought it, obviously i came here to read some comments and notes. i thoght: it seems to smells very nice: has melon, black fig (as Dune has)and it was enough for me to try it up. But... no. It's not ugly, it's not a bad scent, but i just get a little dissapointed, i think those raw material can be work togheter a little bit better than they actualy does. 2/5

juiceboxking
juiceboxking

i put this on @ 7pm and i could still smell it @ 2pm! amazing longevity if applied liberaly.

Scrash Luisao
Scrash Luisao

I just think everyone buys the fragances they like, I have this L1212 green, it is special for me, I love that smell and people around me tell me always, " you smell so good man".

areidmeade
areidmeade

If you
re on here wondering what this fragrance smells like or reminds you of, its baby wipes. And yes i tested this, took a baby wipe and wiped it on one wrist, sprayed this on the other. *sniff, sniff* "Wait which was which again" The smell is VERY similar to the wipes, slight differences(mainly the citrus), Wouldn't pay 40$ for it but it is pleasing to the nose.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

12.12 Green opens with a pungent blast of lemon and bergamot, given chase by heady thyme and lemon verbena notes, which lend the earlier stage of the scent some herbal greenness - with quite a snap! As it dries down, a dry and very clean wood note (presumably birch) appears, followed by something fizzy, which reminds me of pickled ginger. Lavender asserts itself intermittently as the pyramid devolves into a bright laundry musk base. The thyme and verbena are most prominent, and together with the birch create a "new pine" accord that reminds me of a Christmas juniper wreath. The birch, which persistently mingles with equally-persistent bergamot, develops a kind of church pew smell, with hints of sweet incense burnt into the wood. 12.12 Green/"Vert" is not exactly my kind of green, but well made and worthy of consideration, particularly for the younger crowd.

Fehdandoo Del Enzioo
Fehdandoo Del Enzioo

smells like comin out of a shower .. i would take it even if it was free .. the white lacoste labeled as "pure" is the best .. the blue "Powerful" also is great smells fresh ..

id go with the white and blue .. those are hott ..

On receiving the PR for these scents, I immediately assumed three things: WHITE would be the best, GREEN would be "fresh and grassy", and BLUE would be "sporty". I was not TOO far off...

LACOSTE L.12.12. Green's notes are listed (the only one of the three) linearly, and now I see why. This begins with the bright freshness of citruses (bergamot and grapefruits) and a melon note that takes the bitterness away, without too much sweetness; resulting in a well-blended (albeit common) accord. The "green" comes in when the thyme (subtle aromatic herb) and verbena (lemony and verdant) combine with a soft warm lavender, more of the soapy type than floral. The birch (bark, I am assuming) adds a minty woodiness to this alongside a slight dry fruitiness that (according to the notelist) I can only assume is fig. It really does not "project" all that much, but it does last pretty well, though remains VERY close to the skin.

Sillage: close
Longevity: average
Overall: 3/5

All things considered, this is a very nice scent, unassuming and perfect for Spring and early Summer. Eau de Lacoste L.12.12 Green is not that spectacular, but for the retail price...I would say it's a safe buy for those who want to smell "good", but not overpower or offend. A re-issue of Essential? I think not. It does favor BIG PONY 3 (more than Essential) with its green nuances and herbal and woody feeling. I do like the idea that the polo shirts come in many colors (and styles) so the scents should too. What is next L.12.12 orange? purple? Maybe PINK?!? I would like that...

NB: For anyone who is interested, the Lacoste website will mail you single use sample wipes of all three L.12.12 fragrances, if you e-mail them!

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

Initially smelss fresh and clean

Lasts 2 hours only

Same as so many other smells, has no character of its own

Waste of money

Grottola
Grottola

Grapefruit and patchouli. Smells like every other "fresh" masculine fragrance released in the past 2 years.

Dislike.

aktp-iciook
aktp-iciook

As far as the 3 brand-new Lacoste.12.12 fragrances go, I'd say this is my least favourite.

IMHO, I find Lacoste.12.12 GREEN being almost a clone of Lacoste Essential rather than Lacoste.12.12 Blue.

Try, buy or pass: I'd say TRY or even pass if you know how the Essential smelss :D

Cheers,

antonpan
antonpan

12.12.Green is the worst out of the new Lacoste trio, it is incomparable with the wonderful White and masculine classy Blue. Lacoste Green smells like one of the RL Big Pony fragrances - synthetical and cheap. It is citrusy and a bit grassy, but the combination of these cheap ingridients is not well thought-out.

L.12.12. Green by Lacoste 2.88 out of 5 based on 143 ratings and 27 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lacoste L.12.12. Green fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lacoste L.12.12. Green, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L.12.12. Green by Lacoste. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L.12.12. Green by Lacoste represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.