Designers » L » Woody Spicy « Groups

L.12.12. Red Lacoste for men
dislike

tropical
smoky
L.12.12. Red Lacoste for men Pictures L.12.12. Red Lacoste for men Pictures L.12.12. Red Lacoste for men Pictures L.12.12. Red Lacoste for men Pictures

The L.12.12. collection by Lacoste, dedicated to the first polo shirt designed in 1927 ("L" stands for Lacoste, the number 1 symbolizes the "Petit Piqué” material used, 2 represents short sleeves and 12 is the number of prototypes made before the final product) was presented in 2011 with three men's fragrances: White, Blue and Green. In February 2012, the collection expands with the fourth edition - L.12.12. Red (Rouge).

L.12.12. Red is a passionate, dynamic and energetic woody - spicy fragrant composition. It opens with powerful aromas of red roiboos tea, mandarin liqueur and juicy mango. The heart is very spicy and includes notes of black pepper, ginger and cardamom. The warm base follows with benzoin and acacia wood.

It is available in red bottle as 30 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Mandarin Orange Mango Rooibos Tea

MelihElitas

easy , normal nothing special

ShaverX
ShaverX

Not much too say about the notes that hasn't been said already. For a fragrance that doesn't get much love around here. It sure does get a lot of love when I wear it. It is one of the very few that I will constantly get compliments from the ladies. This along with D&G light blue and ck escape. I know, Who would of thunk it. The 3 most synthetic fruity/citrusy aquatics..lol...

I can where creed aventus for weeks without any fanfare but put on one of these 3 synthetic aquatic bombs and receive all sorts of praise. If you don't want to add this into your normal rotation I can totally understand but it's worth at least a spot in your gym bag. A couple of spritz before you work out and you will start to see notice women get on the treadmill beside you when so many other empty treadmills were available. The proof is in the pudding....

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

Looking for a cheap/great scent?

This may be for you. It's very sporty/spicy which I love.

It starts out very very spicy....but in the light, crisp way. Honestly after seeing the reviews of longevity and projection, I sprayed around 10 sprays and it was way too strong and I could smell it through the next day!

Also....girls love it. There's just something about the spiciness to this one....

Gault
Gault

Very light, airy, fruity cardamom, the pepper here is almost like mint. Boring and weak performance. Next.

sweetjess
sweetjess

Bought this for my boyfriend :) He really likes the sporty feel to it!

Cassiano
Cassiano

A curiosity about that name: the letter L means Lacoste, the number 1 symbolizes the petit-pique, embroidered material that was applied in this line (the Lacoste logo) and the number 2 symbolizes the "short-sleeved" shirt. Then the number 12 indicates the number of prototypes made before the final product. It's a confusing and little commercial message, that the final consumer can wonder and that, in my point of view, would be used only for internal identification purposes.

Anyway, the cool style and the "short sleeves" theme is, actually, the concept of this fragrance.
Consists of Mandarin orange, mango and Rooibos tea, in the output. This tea, also known as Red Tea, is done with the infusion of a shrub called Aspalathus linearis, cultivated and well diffused in South Africa. Then, in the heart of the fragrance, black pepper, ginger and cardamom; at the base, benzoin, acacia and woods.

The result is a fine, fruity aroma with a juicy mix of mango and orange that lingers throughout the development of the fragrance, which surprised me, since output notes don't usually cross over 1 hour of application. The tone of the pepper is very characteristic and, along with the ginger, give the final touch to this red composition.

I don't feel the influence of cardamom and, on my skin, the base – that should be slightly floral and creamy – was not evident. Still, the proposal of "red" suggests another kind of fragrance, less fruity and warmer, less daytime, more night time. In this respect, perhaps it would be better a bottle in orange or yellow colors.

The biggest problem of this scent, in my opinion, is the low projection. If its projection was bigger, taking into consideration our warm climate (I am from Brazil), it would be a best seller for the summer, for sure. But it is delicious, it lasts very well and the bottle, though simple, denotes the quality of their famous brand shirts.

Agreed its very sharp almost unpleasant at first...when it settles down its great! Notes of Mango, spices..really
this is right up my street, it's one that can be warn everyday for sure.
Doesn't stick around very long but hey it's subtle.

Not as nice as the sublime Blanc but very good nevertheless.

cologne guy 2010
cologne guy 2010

the initial spray of this cologne is very strong and hits almost like mosquito spray but once it has time to settle a bit it turns very sweet. the tea and mangos are very prominent.

sillage: 6/10
lasting power:7/10
smell:8/10

avg:7/10

would/would not buy again: would buy again

pif
pif

Nice typical masculine odour, nothing special, fails to produce any sillage.

Biker LJ
Biker LJ

gifted myself with the Rouge after reading rave reviews on this one...

the smells are complex but lean more on the sweetish side, the spices kick in only when i sweat! (which is nice)

not many people noticed it, but i could smell it well through out the day.

a must have for the freshness it brings in, i have a smile on my face the whole day :)

unshkbl00
unshkbl00

This cologne serves it purpose. You can sport all year round IMO however, the reason would change. This opens with a fruity (Not Girly) note that sort of stays around for a while then the transition comes and it turns into a light clean scent. Far from soapy but it just smells good, non offensive and moderate. Really Really good scent to try out and keep in the stash. Oh and women will 99/100 give you a compliment on this too!!!

Sweet, woody and tropical.
Mango is the most prominent note to me, followed by tea, pepper and wood.
Quite sharp and fresh, but fruity. I think this one would be well loved by young men (teens to early twenties).

sameh
sameh

In spite of the negative reviews that i red a bout the L.12.12. Red by Lacoste , frankly i must say that i find it a really good scent & when i sprayed it on my cloths in my wardrobe it lasts 4 a long time , every time i opened my wardrobe i smell a really good scent with good longevity & projection / Sillage & i got compliments from my wife a lot .
Scent : 8/10
Projection / Sillage : 5 hour
Longevity : 10 - 12 hours
Bottle Design : Average.
P.S. i have the green , blue & white & i will start using the green 2day.
P.S. can not wait 2 have the ( intense ) edition which as i saw the TV ad is black.

stayclose
stayclose

Start off good sort of a aquatic. It evolves just as decribed tea/mandarine/mango. Then in the middle the cardamon and mango/mandarine blend together making a more intimate scent and stays the same through its life. Avarage strenght. Don't like cardamon. D for me.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Lacoste Red falls behind White and Green in that its spicy freshness is a bit overwrought, to the point where too many bright notes conspire to make the composition functional. The fizzy tea, cardamom, and fruit notes up top have a vaguely tropical appeal (let's not kid ourselves into thinking there's actually citrus and mango in here), and the wry ginger drydown is synthetic and one-dimensional. Where White smelled of laundry on steroids, and Green was succinctly grassy and sharp, Red is a bit too bland to compare. Would make an excellent room spray.

bcoops
bcoops

very surprised! i was at a Lacoste store today and saw this and figured "might as well try it" I usually stay away from Lacoste because they dont seem to get any love here( I also like essential)...I smelled this and fell in love straight away ...yes its synthetic and all but the bottom line is I can t stop smelling my wrist! For retail prices its a no go but for 37$ off amazon for 100ml its a buy!

rjames5
rjames5

This scent to me has three major steps:

1st phase (0-1 hour) : As soon as it contacts your skin, it gives off a vibrant warm spicy note. to myself it reminds me a burst of energy

2nd phase (2-3 hours): Cools down into a sporty like scent that has spice/kick to it. It is as if each scent represented a sport, this would indeed represent something very physical and gritty.

3rd phase (3+ hours): becomes a very intimate sensual spicy fragrance. Really someone has to smell this at almost point blank range. Very sensual, yet in weak in sillage at this point.

To me, this is a signature everyday fragrance that is really one of a kind when it comes down to spicy scents. I recommend this to be an everyday scent for all seasons. Do also recommend reapplying as well.

Do not smell this on paper, the paper blocks out the warm spice and makes it very harsh on the nose. Also, I recommend applying this cologne when your skin is dry and warm. Try a sample and see what you think.

Overall 8.5/10 due to its unique spicy scent.

SmokinYodas
SmokinYodas

Most of the Lacoste 12.12's smell the same to me from start to finish, synthetic, fresh and soapy with perhaps one ingredient that defines them to their color theme. With the Red there is a blend of spices, ginger, black pepper and cardamom. The only negative is the projection and longevity is rather lacking.

I bought the Red, the White and the Blue in a gift set for my 10 year old son.they are all similar, light, a bit powdery, not really my favourites, but my son likes them, and they aren't heavy or overly masculine. They smell a bit of fresh laundry, which is fine. I can't hardly tell the difference between the 3, although the White is more manly.
I later got him Big Pony 2 which is way nicer in my opinion.
So those Lacoste are nice simple scents,a bit sporty and outdoorsy, nothing extraordinary there.

tellesnovaes
tellesnovaes

Apropriado para o verão.

steve0580
steve0580

The spicy opening is nice without being overwhelming. It settles down very quickly and from there - dies. Very little projection and strength.

For the price, buy something else.

irin_ka
irin_ka

reminds me so many other aftershaves, all the Adidas, Umbro, Denim, Nivea...

syameeboo
syameeboo

i love this frag a lot! why? all event and situation are perfect but i use for work only

aliabooboo
aliabooboo

The top and middle notes are unbelievable. But from the get go, I gotta say it just smells like scented wood. The woodsy "base note" is pervasive throughout. I've not tried the other La Coste scents, just received a free sample of this. Overall, I quite like it but I wouldn't wear it. It's too masculine.

Needs some bass!!

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A frag reminiscent of the 80's, which initially projects well, and soon turns into a clone of Guy Laroche Horizon EDT...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 1.5 hours. 1.5 foot projection, strong. This is a harsh, spicy, common place, dated scent which is very suprising as some of the other scents in this series - white and blue bottles, are very modern and different good. The penny dropped after 30 minutes, that this is 90% a doppleganager of Guy Laroche Horizon EDT.. that particular frag is a third of the price of this and lasts longer, though my personal taste likes neither

1.5 hours - 3 hours - 4 inch projection. Linear

3 hours - 5 hours - 2 inch projection, thereafter faint smell on the skin which is a little more easy on the nose and slightly softer

Not for me

paulhunter
paulhunter

This is a very sweet and Summery men's fragrance. When I sprayed it, my initial reaction was "TEA!". I can easily see that Roiboos tea is the featured note in the campaign for this EDT. There are light fruits and spices which make this a lot less warm that I expected... this is very much intended for Spring/Summer wear.

Fragrancelover2012

It really reminds of the long discountinued fragrance my mom used to wear:Escada Tropical Punch but mixed with the masculine spiciness of a men's cologne.

Fragrancelover2012

I ordered a free sample card off Lacoste.com which I recieved in the male today and it also had a sample of the white one! It has a real tropical/spicy/tea scent to me.

spartan
spartan

Sampled on A test card today. I will definitely put spray to skin on this one next time. Seems to be complex and very unique.

jtappenden
jtappenden

Purchased today,this is passionate,spicy & sporty.It exudes modernity,fun & contemporary style & elegance.

Fehdandoo Del Enzioo

I LOVE IT!!!!! THE LADIES LOVE IT!!! ..

smells so fresh, so hott !! the only bad thing about it, that it only lasts about an hour or so on me ..

it smells perfect, tailored to my liking..

I feel like being bashing to the head with the initial blast that's piercing and sharp like an artificial sweet fruity energy drink. Nothing comes out like "mango" or "tea" here. It's quite energizing but not is a nice way for me. Then the drydown is good. It's pleasant and nicely sweet like the White L 12.12. flanker, which I still think it's the best one. I wouldn't get this for now, but I'll wait til whenever Lacoste releases a mini set or 1oz set of all colors like Ralph Lauren did with the Big Pony set. I think it's better as a set, not individual bottle.

Fehdandoo Del Enzioo

When i first smelled it .. i just couldnt but help remember good times.. this is the best perfume ive smelled in a long long time .. so nostalgic, so energitic!! .. I LOVE IT!!! .. bought it on the spot!!! didnt even ask about the price!! ..

bronstein
bronstein

Another say-nothing fragrance from a sports fashion brand. If anything, this one's designed for people who don't feel comfortable wearing a scent because they're afraid their "friends" wouldn't like it. Put differently: dull stuff for dull people.

sNaKey
sNaKey

I smelled this today. Despite all great ingredients shown here, i didn't smelled something more than a dull scent. Maybe I'm wrong but I felt nothing more than another L12.12 (either blue,green,white) and just a bit spicy. I was excited about the combination of rooibos tea and mango. After I smelled it, big dissapointment. Not going to buy this Lacoste.. Sorry but NO!

andy
andy

like a lot of other lacoste scents it has a definite fresh blast and a nice drydown. As for the scent I detect a lot of nondescript citru/mango that sweetens up a bit with the aromatic spices and the woodsy notes pull it all together and this is one of the more non/sensual and reserved types of scents compared to many of the other woodsy musk types of fragrances out there

dozza14
dozza14

Really excited about this one, I think the notes sound vibrant and agree with other reviewers that along with the white version this could be a winner! Unfortunately Lacoste have been a little hit and miss over the last few years. The white L.12.12 was amazing, equally the vert and blue versions were terrible. The challenge and challenge remix fragrances were really weak, nice smelling but extremely poor longevity. Elegance was interesting and a great design, quite unique. Essential was a big success but personally was not a fan, until the sport version came out which I still like to open. Lets hope this rouge version is a classic with good spicy silage. Guessing the black version will be out for next Christmas, sorry, Noire!

RobbieX
RobbieX

Interesting notes, gonna try this as soon as poss.

kalravrkapadia
kalravrkapadia

Tea and Mango...unique chemistry...might work in hot and sultry climate..

Fragrantic
Fragrantic

The green and blue were just poor follow on's from 'Essential' and 'Cool play' respectively.
The favourite was white as they hadn't done anything like it before. I wonder if this is just going to be 'Style in Play' mark 2? Let's hope not!

L.12.12. Red by Lacoste 3.29 out of 5 based on 206 ratings and 40 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lacoste L.12.12. Red fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lacoste L.12.12. Red, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L.12.12. Red by Lacoste. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L.12.12. Red by Lacoste represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.