Designers » L » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Lacoste Lacoste for men

Lacoste Lacoste for men
dislike

Lacoste Lacoste for men Videos
Lacoste Lacoste for men Pictures Lacoste Lacoste for men Pictures Lacoste Lacoste for men Pictures Lacoste Lacoste for men Pictures Lacoste Lacoste for men Pictures Lacoste Lacoste for men Pictures

Lacoste by Lacoste is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Lacoste was launched in 1984. Top notes are lime, lavender, clary sage, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are carnation, green notes, galbanum, basil, jasmine and geranium; base notes are tonka bean, amber, musk, oakmoss, vetiver and cedar.

Lime Lavender Clary Sage Bergamot Lemon

Carnation Green Notes Galbanum Basil Jasmine Geranium

Tonka Bean Amber Musk Oakmoss Vetiver Cedar

Adidas Sport Field
Eau de Sport

Lacoste Fragrance Reviews

reinhard5490
reinhard5490

When you tried this Lacoste, you will wondering why L series can ever exist.

I had the special edition vintage with plastic bottle with on-off switch (kinda cute, honestly). The scent itself is reminiscent of Paco Rabanne pour homme but emphasized itself in Lime - a powerhouse gone lite/sport. Its like younger and more wearable version of Paco Pour Homme - a very good and promising fragrance that will prevent you from overspray (Beware, a spray or 2, this fragrance smells good. More than that, its very annoying scent, the bitterness in the dry down will be VERY pronounced) - this is good though, when you bought a powerhouse, you'll have to adapt to spray with moderation. You cant drive a Mustang the way you drive a Prius.

A very good and promising fragrance that came from the Lacoste when its about to meet its downfall, combined with mediocre marketing and its scent was too late to come to the market which already switched to aquatic.

Verdict : When you want to enter the powerhouse, but want it lite and have a quality.

C@nn@r
C@nn@r

I think I tried the new formulation. It is very green, citric, and floral. The main notes are definitely lime, lavender, oakmoss, and florals. It evokes lighter 80's powerhouse vibe. So imagine an 80's powerhouse but the summer or sport edition of that. It was ok for me. The lime was too pungent, I guess I'm used to modern grapefruit, mandarin, and bergmot. Overall I will pass on this.

@kl99

What an amazing story :)
Who knew the Patou/Lacoste collaboration even existed way back then and that the gorgeous Lacoste fragrance of '84 (which I also collect and use as signature) was a result of that.....great story!
Found a couple og items (edt and deospray) on German eBay ;)
Thank you!

kl99
kl99

Yesterday I made an incredible discovery.
In an open market I have found a mignon of Lacoste by Jean Patou. True.
On the top of the bottle under the stopper it is written eau the toilette, on the right side of the falcon there is the crocodile with under stamped Lacoste and at the bottom of the bottle appear Jean Patou Paris in a different font.
I thought somebody had put an adhesive of lacoste on that bottle, I have also tried to scratch it out, but the Lacoste label was printed on the glass as Jean Patou was.
No so much information on the web but apparently in 1967 Jean Kerleo have made his first fragrance for Patou/Lacoste. I love and collect fragrances since the end of the 80s but I've never heard about this hybrid till yesterday. If you digit patou lacoste you can find some pictures of this odd combination. So this perfume become discontinued quite soon but Patou keep the formula and licence for patou/lacoste edt and Patou/Lacoste eau de sport that launch in 1968. So when Procter and Gamble buy Patou and Lacoste they relaunch the first Lacoste scent in 1984 with the original formula of Patou/Lacoste of the 1967 (tried both are the same with some little retouch).
Well The Epic is over.
Thank you.

Second update march 12:
Stocking up on vintage Lacoste. Received 50ml edt w open sprayer + 2x30ml edt sprays, all from the period between 1984-1986 (as are my 100ml aftershave and 100ml edt splash). Wow. The edt sprays opens up the fragrance beautifully and it smells warm and gorgeaus!
It also seems to make the projection last longer ;)

UPDATE:
After the succesfull buy of the vintage edt I've just recieved a 100ml/3.38oz bottle of vintage aftershave lotion (aftershave) in the tall transparent dark green bottle w white pop-off lid. Sweet jesus it smells gorgeous!
It's almost like the scent has mellowed over the years and have become even better. It is everything I remember it to be and then some (as in the edt). It projects a warm, comfortable, well blended, masculine quality fragrance. I even get cinnamon and menthol ;)
Yes the longevity and sillage is moderate but in return it smells yummy the whole way through.
In my opinion, stay away from the putrid citrusy babypowdery reformulation made by Procter & Gamble which has a slightly cheap and chemical sting to it, and go for the vintage juice made i France by Sofipar Intl. You will not regret it ;)

Smell is a matter of personal taste- and preferences, I know.
I just cannot speak highly enough of this juice and it has just become my signature scent :)

Greetings from Denmark

Marand75

Hmm... I remember clearly that summers day in '84 at the age of 9 I snook up in my parent's bedroom and grabbed my stepdad's newly bought Lacoste aftershave, splashed some on my face and BOOM my senses exploded - what a yummy, gorgeaous fragrance!
Years went by and the original Lacoste disappeared from my country ( Denmark).
So imagine the joy I felt when discovering it again, though reformulated, bought a bottle last week from Germany, opened it, put on a couple of spritz and then......disappointment!
Overly citrusy all the way and the drydown very soapy and babypowdery. Gutted.

THEN a couple days ago I got hold of a vintage 100ml EdT of the original juice, tried it on and DAMN what a difference!
It contains everything I remembered - it's fresh, warm, well balanced, masculine and just totally yummy :P -- and I love it to bits.
Now as far as the reformulation goes: damn you Procter & Gamble for not trying harder and damn you IFRA and the European Union for your dumbass restrictions on notes and scents! There.
And as far as this fragrance goes: if you get the chance, then go vintage ;)

egoscentrick
egoscentrick

I want to love this fragrance. I've tried. It is a great example of what it is, and I can see it suiting certain men. For me, the green-ness (esp from its era) irritates my nose and feels too aggressively soapy. Like the experience of sniffing a bar of old school deodorant soap in the box at the store. Perhaps I'll try again, but I agree with others who cite a 'dated' quality that's a bit creepy in the original Polo green vein.

Jackom
Jackom

Nice perfume for everyday. very freshy, minty/bergamoty, lemony and a hint of spices on the top.
Would wear it anytime

RobbieX

A really gorgeous and very fresh spicy/citrus scent. Unique too - love this to bits.

intelrunner
intelrunner

So, first of all - I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan with the US Air Force, so I may be a little biased as anything smells better than the air here in Kabul.
No offense to anyone from Kabul, but when the forecast constantly calls for Smoke in the winter months, the air isn't really "fresh".

I sprayed once on my neck, once on each wrist. I was a little afraid on first sniff, as I got a heavy whiff of musk. I'm not a large fan of musk. In a minute or so though, the citrus and "wood" smells started to shine through.

Honestly, this is a woody/bright smell. The vetiver is realy prominent, as is a train of citrus (lemon/lime) which trails down from the top notes all the way to the base. It's not an overpowering smell, but definetly has some projection. As I just put it on about an hour or so ago - I can't speak to longevity.

Some reviewers said this might be dated - and if you are buying every single "new" cologne that comes out, truly it is dated. However as a smell on its own - it definetly stands alone - and it's fairly unique.

In a sea of Paco Rabanne 1M, Aqua Di Gio, Spicebomb and A-Men (these seem to be the most popular scents worn by men here), this definetly stands out, in a good way. It will likely replace Armani Code as my daily wear cologne while I am here in Afghanistan.

I'm not going to provide it a number rating - as that is a little subjective. However, I'll rate it as:

- Good for daily wear
- Good for office wear
- Good Projection
- Non Offensive
- Not Overpowering (depending on # of sprays)
- Generally safe for most situations (will not stop bullets)

Combat Tested (literally). Honeybadger Approved.

Jason Bogie
Jason Bogie

I just sprayed some D&G masculine on top of the Lacoste . Wow.

pedrozanforlin
pedrozanforlin

Anybody remember when you were not immersed in the world of perfumery?
Well, we just felt an aroma and liked or not.
When liked, that smell made us imagine, think of places, situations, sometimes dreams.
This scent is extremely simple! But very well built, reminds me of summer. a summer with class.
Simple, wonderfully fragrant, summer, a stylish bar in the open, a beautiful day.
I love this perfume.

Jerry Can
Jerry Can

This used to be a mainstay for me in the early 1980s; so after many years having never seen it, imagine the excitement finding it online at The Perfume Shop. It arrived today and I couldn't wait to try it. Quelle surprise…et quelle dommage. Yet another reformulation. Where IS the menthol? Its exclusion leaves the scent somewhat emasculated since it virtually defined this fragrance. Consequently, the pachouli, basil, vetiver and (especially) cedar are expressed much more than I remember.

The good news for me is that I still like it - the dry down improves it dramatically and is recognisably the original Lacoste. (Actually, it is especially good after an hour). But, I loved the REAL original. So, whilst not a non-event, it also isn't the reunification with an old friend I was anticipating. Still, a fresh summer scent. A little dated I'll admit, but still wearable.

JohnB2014
JohnB2014

a classic summer fragrance.Very manly!

Roman86
Roman86

At first this one seems rather pleasant as it's a fresh, clean, citrusy type of fragrance. However, soon it takes a turn for the worse the longer it stays on you. Other than having the Lacoste brand on it, it's a rather cheaply constructed fragrance that smells cheap and I imagine due to the reformulation that most fragrances have gone through after being on the market for so long. For the price this goes for, I say look elsewhere.

markpadilla13
markpadilla13

smells like old christmas tree in a box imo. Reminds me of childhood.

mridul99
mridul99

The only worth buying Lacoste fragrance ever in my opinion. This one surely is a classic. this indeed is one of the very good fragrances to have. Has a very typical freshness of its own and its very captivating.

Why it is so difficult to find is what I really wonder!

Thumbs up for it! A truly great fragrance to have!

Molko
Molko

Modern/classic, fresh, masculine, little more than sporty, maybe sporty-elegant scent for every season, similar to deodorant smell, but not bad at all

Slayerized
Slayerized

This is indeed a simple citrus scent of the '80 that smells clean and fresh with a mossy base.
It starts out with lots of lemon which fade after 20 mins and are joined by some flowery stuff before the mainly cedar and moss take over for the drydown. It has some similarities to YSL pour homme (little sour citrus) and even Gillette Cool Wave aftershave for the mossy drydown! This is though weaker than the YSL and has less going on. I see this fragrance more as a very strong aftershave (like Cool Wave) that lasts for a good 3-4 hrs before it fades; it has for me that fresh vibe that a good aftershave gives me. Sillage is average to close to the skin. Best to use during spring and summer for its fresh sensation.
Very good fragrance if you want to smell fresh and masculine for a few hours the '80s way!
Thumbs up! Rated: 7.5/10

renoir
renoir

The best fragrance of the 80's. None of the other Lacoste come close. Too bad its phased out, I thought that one would remain for decades. It is no doubt at the same class as Bacoraban.

The best thing in it as glitteralex said is that it is true sports fragrance, possibly the best in terms of odor protection. Unlike most scents used in eau de toiletts, it does not stink when one sweats heavily, it actually overpowers the sweat odour and absorbs it. The expansive musky and woody basenotes gives a very stable support to the flowery and citrus middle and top notes in quiet a unique way.. Guys: is it available anywhere?? I haven't seen it in the Middle East, Canada, The US, Spain, England, Turkey, Thailand since the end of the 90's.

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

Awesome summer scent. it's so bright, green and clean. The only complaint I have is the longevity. It lasts about 3-4 hours on me which is ok if I'm going somewhere for that amount of time but I don't like re-applying. I think that this was very ahead of its time for 1984 because it can hang with the things out today.

ABRAG
ABRAG

Wonderful refreshing fragrance

Hot Classic

I would recommend him

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Essentially a lime and fresh grass scent, with touches of basil and oakmoss to darken it up. The opening burst of lime and bergamot are nice, although a little too brief for my liking, and the whole thing quickly opens into bittersweet grass. The drydown arrives after a mere twenty minutes, and peels back the darker greens to reveal sage and cedar. Quite a good green scent, but nothing tremendous here. I'd wear Bowling Green by Geoffrey Beene before this, or even the much cheaper Sport Field by Adidas.

farhat_abid123
farhat_abid123

i m love it this fragrance

mrdibiagio
mrdibiagio

Esta fragancia es masculina sin dudas. Recuerda los viejos aromas de barberia antigua, con estelas de mentol y lavanda.
La salida es punzante y amarga, con notas concentradas de lima, limon afilado, menta, lavanda y aldehidos, todas muy difusas jungando conjuntamente. Mas tarde la fragancia se vuelve mas terrosa segun recuerdo, aun con las notas alimonadas y de menta, quiza por la accion del vetiver. Poco a poco la fragancia se suaviza horas mas tarde, con notas suaves de madera, pero predominando siempre las notas de menta, mentol y lavanda. Una fragancia de corte deportivo elegante.

akshita.tewari
akshita.tewari

It's so warm and sensual! Love it on my man! He had it earlier, but once he got through his bottle, I couldn't wait......I went and got him a replacement pronto! :) it makes me want to get under the sheets with him ;)

Freshmike
Freshmike

When I first wore this, I didn't like it. I felt it was too harsh, sharp and strong. After a few more tries, I found it to remind me of a softer, citrusy variation of the classic Polo cologne. Now it's quite different from what's in my collection, based on Fragrantica's, "if you like this, try this." It's clean, fresh and vibrantly daring, even. Definitely a bold, strong masculine scent that can be offensive if too much is applied. I like this as my spring and summer daytime fragrance; however, it's just a pleasant for any occasion. My name is Mike and I APPROVE this review!

elegantpasha
elegantpasha

I like this one, but just for those hot summer days in the mediterranean..... :D

guest_guido1967
guest_guido1967

one word, a classic top fragrance, send me back to the 80`s, a vintage bestseller in germany.

candykiss0011
candykiss0011

My dad loves this one, yet I smell like it's too harsh. It's a classic scent, perfect for ages 50s and above.

RobbieX

Very fresh and clean almost "fizzy" - lovely fragrance for summer - quite light and unique- a "one note" frag - in my top 20 ever. Lovely one from Lacoste

cherryred80
cherryred80

Very fresh and innocent smelling cologne, ideal for summer wear. I have to emphasise that this does smell very good indeed. However, it doesn't last more than an hour on me!

raph400
raph400

Once you have tried the awful Lacoste Booster, you can hardly believe "Lacoste by Lacoste" comes from the same brand. Not pretentious nor complicated, this is an elegant and slightly soapy summer scent.

andy
andy

i knew i smelled this somewhere and remember it smelling REALLY good lacoste makes good fragrances and this is a nice high end one

LaPD
LaPD

Went to a Lacoste store today. Saw that they had the fragrances also...

I was very intrigued by this bottle. I love retro stuff and this was definetly a retro bottle! Simplistic and art-deco :)

I tried it on me. It smelled nothing special. And then the flowers came out... hmmm I don't know. Feels a bit outdated there... After reading some comments, I never got the impression that this was a sporty fragrance. It didn't feel so fresh...

Afterwards I smelled pine or something... and turned a bit soapy to me. I wasn't surprised to have read the "pine sol" comments on here.

It's pleasant but do I want to smell like pine-sol or car freshener? ... it's not a bad smell... so... perhaps...

Sillage is decent and longevity is ok (4-5hours).

Fabricio
Fabricio

Good fragarance, somewhat fresh and elegant. Besides being from 1984 it still remains very up to date in y opinion.

dunatko
dunatko

i dont like this brand - shoes, bags, polos, fragrances and big boom around it - lacoste fragrances are nothing xtraordinary but i really like this bottle :-)

glitteralex
glitteralex

This is a very classic composition. I was surprised, as many of the subsequent Lacoste frags have been fairly formulaic.

The lavender, mint, bergamot and lemon meet a spicy and traditional base. This is a true and original "sport" scent, in the best sense of the word. Timeless.

Very green and fresh smelling. It is a clean fragrance but somewhat a little dated i think compared to what is available now.

Lacoste by Lacoste 3.89 out of 5 based on 207 ratings and 39 user reviews

Lacoste Lacoste L!VE 0.27 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Lacoste Lacoste L!VE 0.27 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Deodorant 2.5oz
Lacoste L!ve Deodorant, 2.5 oz
Lacoste L!ve Deodorant, 2.5 oz
Lacoste Eau De Lacoste L.12.12 Rouge - Energetic by Lacoste EDT Spray 1.7 oz for Men
Lacoste Eau De Lacoste L.12.12 Blanc - Pure by Lacoste EDT Spray 1.7 oz for Men
Lacoste Eau De Lacoste L.12.12 Blanc - Pure by Lacoste EDT Spray 1.7 oz for Men
Lacoste Eau De Lacoste L.12.12 Bleu - Powerful by Lacoste EDT Spray 1.7 oz for Men
Lacoste Eau De Lacoste L.12.12 Bleu by Lacoste EDT Spray 3.4 oz Tester for Men
Lacoste Eau De Lacoste L.12.12 Rouge Mini by Lacoste, .27 oz Mini EDT for Men
Lacoste Eau De Lacoste L.12.12 Rouge Mini by Lacoste, .27 oz Mini EDT for Men
Lacoste Cologne by Lacoste, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Lacoste Cologne by Lacoste, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Lacoste Eau De Lacoste L.12.12 Rouge Cologne by Lacoste, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
Lacoste Eau De Lacoste L.12.12 Blanc Cologne by Lacoste, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Lacoste Eau De Lacoste L.12.12 Bleu Cologne by Lacoste, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Lacoste Eau De Lacoste L.12.12 Rouge Cologne by Lacoste, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Lacoste Cologne by Lacoste, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Lacoste Cologne by Lacoste, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lacoste Lacoste fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Lacoste Lacoste, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Lacoste by Lacoste. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Lacoste by Lacoste represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.