Designers » L » Oriental Fougere « Groups

Lacoste Elegance Lacoste for men
dislike

cacao
Lacoste Elegance Lacoste for men Videos
Lacoste Elegance Lacoste for men Pictures Lacoste Elegance Lacoste for men Pictures Lacoste Elegance Lacoste for men Pictures

Lacoste Elegance was introduced in 2007. It is an oriental-fougere fragrance for men. It opens with notes of peppermint, thyme, and juniper and continues with spicy accords of nutmeg, cardamom, black pepper and raspberry in the heart. Base notes bring wafts of chocolate, sandalwood, amber and musk.

The bottle was designed by Denis Boudard, while the outer box by Lutz Hermann Design. It is available as 50ml (1.7 fl.oz.) and 90ml (3.14 fl.oz.) EDT, 50ml (1.7 fl.oz.) and 90ml (3.14 fl.oz.) after shave balm, 150ml (5.24 fl.oz.) bath gel, deo stick and 150ml (5.24 fl.oz.) deo spray.

Spices Mandarin Orange Dark Chocolate Caraway

Lacoste Elegance Fragrance Reviews

headofstate
headofstate

An interesting anomaly for Lacoste, known for extremely reliable sports clothing and rather solid if not somewhat disposable and synthetic hot weather fragrances for spring and summer. This is Lacoste's only entrance into the world of gourmands; with the result a rather odd and obscure blending of extremely dry chocolate and cold fresh spices with a sour mandarin note tucked behind it. This one is hard to access. It's sensual, it's highly original, it's dark, cold, warm and yet fresh and spicy as well. It seems custom made for sensual evening wear and/or winter cold days/nights and will score tremendous points for originality and obscurity. This is for the man who has everything else. Unfortunately for me I can't yet make sense of it yet to give a fair review and will try again in the future. Seems to be on the verge of being discontinued, do not see it any longer available in specialty Lacoste stores in Lyon, Marseille or Toulouse.

sarito84
sarito84

This is sickeningly sweet. Definitely not for me..

Very sexy

kaju23
kaju23

I have great memories with this fragrance, really liked that chocolate scent.

I highly recommend this

kenney77

Love it one of the best I've ever had love the opening notes very sexy

SnowStorm

It wasn't bad, it was just a little one dimensional. I like frags with more ingredients. This one sits in the junk drawer and might come out once or twice a year.

Space Invader
Space Invader

Price: 4/10
Projection: 4/10
Versatility: 5/10
Compliments: 4/10
Buy/Try/Pass? Pass
Rating (0-10): 4

Note: Swanky bottle, smells like posh-trolls urine.

sameh
sameh

Lacoste (1984) & Essential r MUCH MUCH better !

SnowStorm

I enjoy the scent of this one, I just don't like wearing it.

lucky-boy
lucky-boy

Very very sweet! Not for me
Very bad projection and sillage, and not a good longevity too!
But scent is not bad.
Overall: 4/10

GuarDs_OF_AqiDaH
GuarDs_OF_AqiDaH

not my way ..

This is what I'm seeking in a recent "designer" fragrance. I know I'm not going to get the complexity, richness, and natural smell of the ones from the 1980s, for example, but who cares (I have enough of those!)? I don't know if I think of Elegance as elegant, but rather almost "experimental." The reason is that it combines the new raspberry/wood molecule with mint, juniper, thyme, chocolate, and a kind of woody grassiness. Who would have thought such a combination would work? And the thing is that all the notes stay for hours, rather than there being much in the way of development. In this way, a new kind of complexity is created. For me, one full spray to the chest lasts all day, with just the right projection/"sillage," so perhaps the complaints are due to skin chemistry with this one. Note that the much more expensive Tuscan Leather uses the same raspberry/wood molecule, apparently, but I prefer this fragrance (and I enjoy The Knize Ten). Another odd but compelling recent designer fragrance is Magnetism for Men by Escada, so if you like Elegance on principle you should try that one too.

I think I understand why some might say this is not really a "personal fragrance," but it does settle in nicely for me, and there is note separation and dynamism. The "synthetic" quality is interesting, unlike some fragrances that have a syrupy "chemical soup" quality to me (like a couple of Adidas ones I've tried). I tend not to wear this one if I am going to do a lot of sitting during the day. It's better if you walk around when wearing this one, so that the "synthetic" quality never becomes bothersome. It's an "oddball" that's worth a try if you enjoy variety, but it's not a typical fragrance for any specific social occasion. Also, if you don't care about note separation or have not developed your ability to detect several notes in a fragrance, this might not work as well for you as it does for me.

Miro
Miro

it's but 1 hour later, none can feel it, none even you!
Who cares it's a nice perfume so if you want to buy it go ahead!

Anywhereyouare
Anywhereyouare

It doesn't last for long on my skin. Unfortunatelly!

I would call it "nicely done", I just love that hint of mint warmed with so sensual note of raspbery. A touch of woodsy notes mixed with a chocolate impression makes it just delicious. It's not too official, feel playful and youthful, not immature though. For free spirits.

For special occasions I will look for something more refined, but still, it has that elegance. For a spring/fall time it's very good choice, day-time or evenings.

VanAllan
VanAllan

Fresh fruity opening, with a touch of suede/leather that evolved on my skin pretty fast (10-15 minutes) into a sweet soft spicy gourmand middle-base, with nutmeg, caraway, chocolate and amber as most evident notes.
Low sillage and longevity (I've got no more than 3-4 hours with 5 good sprays).
A safe oriental-fougere, nothing remarkable or different enough for me to deserve a purchase.
It reminded me at some stages, of a less peppery version of Hugo Boss Baldessarini. My rank 7/10. ☣☣

Strangely good scent. I can smell the plastic (or chocolate or leather?) at first then freshen up with something orangey. The spices are stronger than chocolate note; giving the scent some warmth but not spicy. The scent isn't exactly elegant, but more like cozy and comforting scent. Great for this time of the year; fall-winter. Sadly, the plasticky smell bothers me a bit, so I won't be investing on a bottle any time soon.

hay81hay
hay81hay

opening with touch of leather, spicy, 10 minute later change to oriental woody, with some sweet.
chocolate and caraway are easy to smell in dry-down .

longevity and sillage are ok
nice fragrance worth the try, but for me not very special .
attractive bottle.

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

A very sexy laid back unisex smell. Perfect for leisurely autumn evenings.

Rich28
Rich28

This is a nice fragrance. As the name suggests, it does conjure images of a certain kind of elegance however, it needs to be stronger, it's way too weak.

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

In my opinion this is one different from most other colognes lacoste! impresive opening.i found the chocolate note is very irresistible for the ladies.

Good sillage but longevity is average on my skin.so is great for fall/winter and dandy style.

guest_obama
guest_obama

the message the man in the advertisement for this perfume want to say to people around him (hey, i put a perfume can any one smell it can any women attracted to me) but all people around him thout that this guy is idiot.
this is a meaningless perfume , may be a a bad after shave. I am sorry for money i paid for it.

periquito89
periquito89

I agree with rebella as the refreshing and almost cold start, it is nice. The scent captivated me at first but then a particular and lasting smell with a flowery tone (to my nose) ruined the experience :-(. I don't get a chocolate note, and even less a "dark" one. The scent itself is a bit fruity and flowery, for sure doesn't smell bad, is a little different from many others I've tried but then, not a choice for my own use.

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

nice and mellow, but the sillage lacks in this one. a good frag tho

SaintLue

This one really has Grown on me. At first i wasnt a big fan of it. But once i started collecting a few more colognes i grew a love for it. Its Very spicey But smells great on me.I only have asmall tiny bit left so i kinda left it untouched for awhile but im REALLY missing it so i might take a wiff of it pretty soon

master_Shaiki
master_Shaiki

Scent of a very great

SaintLue

Not bad.Smells quite nice.but dosnt last long.I Usually wear it before i go in to work

urobian
urobian

the ad and name is ridiculous..but the important matter is really great, lovely floral-fruity touch, versatile and sexy.

Abbas
Abbas

A new purfume that i got in present, it is nice and warm purfumes but not lasting for long time.

AZ
AZ

It unique but I didn't like the smell, I got it as a present.

But it not bad and the you could wear it for daily use.

Mahmoud_agd
Mahmoud_agd

Hmm, Smells very unique and different ... But not my personal kind of choice when it comes to colognes.

rebella
rebella

This is a modern fragrance. The top is very refreshing, a bit icy and almost cold and when my husband wears it, I always feel a curiosity about what that comes next. It´s a sursprising perfume... because in the end the cold, crispy notes are taken over by hot, varm and creamy chocolate. Lovely!

Lacoste Elegance by Lacoste 3.67 out of 5 based on 148 ratings and 32 user reviews

Lacoste Elegance After Shave Balm 75ml 2.5oz
Lacoste Elegance Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.6oz
Eau De Toilette 3oz
Lacoste Elegance Cologne by Lacoste, 3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Lacoste Elegance Cologne by Lacoste, 3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lacoste Lacoste Elegance fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lacoste Lacoste Elegance, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Lacoste Elegance by Lacoste. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Lacoste Elegance by Lacoste represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.