Designers » L » « Groups

Lacoste Essential Sport Lacoste for men

Lacoste Essential Sport Lacoste for men Pictures

Lacoste Essential Sport is a modern, sporty fragrance for men introduced in 2009. The fragrance incorporates nutmeg, amber, patchouli, mandarin orange, juniper, pink grapefruit, bergamot, white musk and geranium. Available as 75 and 125 ml EDT.

Ginger Bergamot Grapefruit

Water Notes Juniper Nutmeg Geranium

Vetiver Patchouli Musk

Chrome Summer Edition 2013
Silver Shadow Altitude

Lacoste Essential Sport Fragrance Reviews

Ryanmmas26
Ryanmmas26

This to me is 1 of the hidden gems of the fragrance world ! Dont get me wrong I love Dior Homme Sport and Chanel Allure Homme Sport but this hands down is my favorite sport scent. (Its also my go to gym scent)

This scent has THE BEST and most natural smelling grapefruit ive ever smelled in a fragrance so if you like fresh,sporty,clean,citrusy scents then your going to love this(ESPECIALLY if you love the smell of grapefruit)

Well you know as far as scent goes this is a winner so now onto projection. It projects moderatly for about 3 hours and then the remaining 3 hours its a skin scent. It generally lasts 4-6 hours.

Id rate this an 8 out of 10 ! It does what a sport scent is supposed to do and does it better than the competition.(IN MY OPINION)

SC83
SC83

Being a fan of Lacoste Essential, I had to try the Essential Sport. I didn't care for it very much. This scent almost seems too light. Longevity and sillage seem weak to moderate as well. The regular Essential blows this one out of the water. 4/10.

Bewar
Bewar

Great scent but weak sillage and longevity :/

JohnB2014
JohnB2014

very addictive :) 9/10

X-hot
X-hot

A nice refreshing perfume, good for daytime.

picasso_x
picasso_x

Fresh and clean sporty scent. Fresh citrus and a little bitter smell. It's good for gym or casual,You can wear for every day in summer. Long lasting and sillage is average.Good for among crowd.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

if you like Dior Homme Sport..you might enjoy this. ..very fresh and lively...like a orange or lime peel ... dry down reminds me of Air wick Christmas edition Pine Evergreen maybe its the patchouli giving it that earthy feel to it in the dry down... too bad it doesnt last long on my skin

Gault
Gault

Similar to Bvlgari Aqva Marine and a couple of other aquatic fragrances, but there is something bitter and suffocating in this. Almost like sodium hypochlorite.
Makes me feel like when I'm going to be sick and sensitive to even the smell of tapwater.

Swiftkidd
Swiftkidd

Like most reviewers who comment on Lacoste fragrance. They're notorious for poor longevity & weak sillage especially for their price point in which I've purchased 8 fragrances from their house costing £344.

Nick M
Nick M

Good lord, this has the most deserving sport title ever! Literally, it's perfect for smelling fresh while being active -- very fruity, to the point of being almost edible.

Personally I would love if my car smelled like this all the time, but to wear as a cologne? No thanks.

Dodabird
Dodabird

This stuff smells so good we literally had to go straight home the first time my husband put it on in a store because I couldn't behave. It took a few weeks for me to get used to it and I will still occasionally just grab him by the shirt and bury my nose in his chest. I am in LOVE, I've actually thought of wearing it myself. I don't even care that it's a men's fragrance.

bonacosta30

Lacoste essential sport is a great summer scent. It smell very good, very acquatic and remind me of water melon...i dont get citrus in it. Very popular with young girl (teen, about twenty or younger) who are those who gave me the most of the compliment that i get with it. That make it perfect for college/ high school or for young athletic or any one that like younger girl :p It lack in longevity and sillage IMO, so i would suggest to try it first to see if it is ok for you, because that can be frustrating. Remind me of Nautica voyage a little bit in the dry down, and, in some occasion, i was asking if what I wear is Nautica voyage while wearing it. A little bit more expensive, and weaker than Nautica voyage so mayble you should check them both. My summer signature for this summer. Here with the final score:

Smell: 9,5/10. Smell good to me, and it is my girlfriend favorite so i use it often ;)
Longevity: 2,5/5. Poor, about 3 to 4 hours, that can be frustrating if you blind buy...
Projection: 3/5. A few inch in the first hour, then go close to skin and faint.
Versatility: 3/5. Like Nautica voyage, i don t see myself wearing this in cold time, night out or any formal occasion. Good for summer time or casual.
Overall: 18/25. It would be a great scent if longevity and sillage were higher, so i would suggest it to anyone who doesn t matter about these. If you do matter, try it first on your skin, i think it is worth it because it smell good.

bonacosta30

Hey roge' you're right! A lot of people think that i'm wearing nautica voyage when it put this one! That must be why i like it that much, since nautica voyage is one of my all time favorite. By the way, it is also true that nautica voyage is a lot cheaper...about half the price...

apierce1991
apierce1991

I see a lot of people who dislike the scent on here, but it's only because of the simplicity or the fact that there are scents that are very similar... Well, I like this scent for casual, every day wear. It's light and fresh, and it actually gets compliments. Not to mention, it's pretty reasonably priced.

parida.avinash
parida.avinash

this is one of the best perfumes for summer i have used (others are on list though) i like the top note that swirls around when i spray. and that where it stops. i dont find any longevity in it.
it could have been better if it could last long , even if a bit long.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

Update..July 20/14
After a long winter I couldn't wait to wear this frag! I really enjoy the opening notes as listed below, I realized that this fragrance is definitely sweet and herbal making it very delicious to wear during the summer montfragrance is excellent for casual wear and very relaxing as well. I would recommend to anyone who wants to try a fragrance which isn't offensive or heavy. This frag in bodies just that...8.5/10

This was one of the first colognes from lacoste which I found it having a very pleasant scent which surprised me. When I first sprayed on my skin, I found it having a very fresh/clean scent with a citrusy/aquatic blend.
It lists Vetiver as one of the base notes...I'm not able to detect the earthy spicy scent. To me the most noticeable scent consists of musk/amber with a touch of patchouli and grapefruit.
When I think of a sporty cologne, I invision a light spicy blend which is a clean scent not too sweet. Instead this cologne has a slight sweet/aquatic blend which I enjoy a lot. I found that it last a least 8hr's which was GREAT especially during long summer day's. This cologne is most suitable during the spring and summertime...not a fall/winter cologne.
I give this cologne 8.5/10 one of very few cologne that Lacoste has put together for men.

Roge'
Roge'

This is about as synthetic as it gets. Absolutely nothing natural about this. Your typical flag football fragrance. Given it's sporty nature, im sure the guys wouldn't mind tackling you while wearing this haha! If you're purposely going for this kind of scent and price range then Nautica Voyage is a waaaaaay better option.

Raychee123
Raychee123

light, citrusy, and out of the shower fresh. Sometimes its nice to go simple and just smell clean, uncomplicated, and fresh. Not too bad at all Lacoste

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

Tumble dry and tumble around on a perfectly manicured lawn. The most happy-go-lucky freshen-up fragrance around. Here the ginger, juniper, geranium, vetiver, and patchouli get fresh and elegant together.

elsekymeky
elsekymeky

Summer fragrance, obviously citrus.
Smells like Bulgari Aqua, Boss Pure.
Perfect for summer outings, but not long lasting at all.

evilspin
evilspin

I never got into buying day scents or sport editions of fragrances since they never appeal to me and they are so mundane & casually like the others. But some sales rep was going gaga for this so i got it as a casual scent. After it dries I cant smell it on me anymore and i spray it in my inner elbows so i can smell it throughout the day and i cant see the beauty of it nor find it nice enough to write home about and it fades quick but Geez I dont think i ever gotten so many compliments throughout the day with any other fragrance besides Un Jardin Sur la toit (ultimate day wear fragrance) & Dior Homme.

Its not sexy nor awesome to smell as I have many panty droppers in my collection to choose from but i guess this is just an everyday smooth soft fresh clean scent that appeals to women & doesnt intrigue, cloy or offend.

RobbieX
RobbieX

Light, sharp, fresh, zesty, clean and citrussy with a lot of grapefruit at the start. I think that this is a well blended citrus. In the drydown more vetiver comes out. There is a note in there that reminds me of Weekend by Burberry. Staying power is actually quite good. A really great refreshing summer holiday scent!

smellitivity
smellitivity

The bergamot and the grapefruit in the opening are quite fragrant and the rest is aromatic and almost bitter, with a slightly woodsy dry down.
I owned a bottle of Lacoste Essential Sport Cologne, I don't think I'll buy another one, but I liked its sharpness and bitterness. I'll leave it to the "younger bachelors" as jebaso well put it

Bartek87
Bartek87

I bought this fragrance not long time ago. Essential Sport is amazing sport frag. The opening is very fresh,ice and citrus. Frozen ginger and pink grapefruit give an incredible freshness. Great scent on hot summer day.

Projection: in the first 3-4 hours is very good.
Longevity: on my skin 6-8h

jebaso
jebaso

crisp, sweet, clean, fresh, grass, citrus. lighter than the original. for the younger bachelors. daytime scent.

cyber861
cyber861

یه بویه ملایم و باحال با ماندگاری پایین.ولی حسه معلق بودن رو هوا رو به آدم القا میکنه

Olefact
Olefact

I find it to be a cologne of contrasts: the coolness of the juniper balances out the citrus. All the other ingredients seem to be there just to bridge the distance betwen these two notes, and they do because the scent is still cohesive. It has a has a uniqueness to it so I don't think it can be faulted for being a "clone cologne"; what it's not is a fine cologne.

juan carlos.henriquez
juan carlos.henriquez

me encanta este mas q el primer esential, es como una fresca mescla entre aqua de gio y polo blue.

cyberzigot
cyberzigot

I got this accidentally. Actually wanted the original Essential. In the beginning I was hugely dissapointed. Lacoste Essential (LE) was fresh, green, woody drydown and had moderate projection. LES begins aqua citrusy and doesn't project. I can only smell it for 5 minutes then its gone. I contemplated selling it.

However I gave it a chance and wore it to office. Five sprays as oppose to my normal 2. After 5 minutes, I can't smell it. It is only noticeble once in a while in small whifts. To my surprise a female friend complement me when she cought a whift of it in a breeze. She said it was soothing and comfortable scent.

Give this a chance. Its a understated skin scent, much like Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir. It is linear with citrusy openning and in the middle note you get the nutmeg. The nutmeg might give it a somewhat synthetic vibe but is it light so it won't bother too much. The base is real soothing.

Good choice if you don't want to smell too loud and if you don't want to choke out the girl you are going to be cuddling. I'm going to use it freely as my office scent. Impossible to offend anyone. They either don't detect it or think its a mild comforting scent. The original is still the better scent.

smell: 3/5
projection: 2/5
longevity: 3/5

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A sporty fragrance, light and casual, which achieves what it sets out to be..

Smells typically La Coste, when will the variation of a theme, of a theme, of a theme, end the reucurring nightmare of spending eternity with your best friend?

Change, evolve, gamble..

Heverton
Heverton

A clean, fresh scent that starts out with a synthetic pineapple smell and trough time settles down on my skin giving space to a semi-sweet aroma. It isn't bad, but it is nothing out of this world. Sticky to the original if you have to choose between these two.

junglefun
junglefun

I own this, and I like it as a casual, clean, and fresh scent. There is a synthetic vibe about it that I don't like, and think that there are better options out there to buy if you are looking for something in this genre.
I just want to add that this frag lasts a long time on my skin and remains strong, so keep that in mind if you wear it in the day, and want to wear something else that night.

periquito89
periquito89

There is one particular reason for which I prefer this over the original: it lacks that proeminent note of tomatoes leaves which disturbes me a lot. That feeling here is just a hint. It is light, and it is just ok.

Omega Man
Omega Man

I agree with the general consensus of reviewers that this a pretty unoriginal and linear soft clean light scent. It probably appeals to teenage guys who just want to smell clean and inconspicuous and don't want to smell like a gigolo.

guest_narigudo
guest_narigudo

ridícula . não há como não associá-la a perfumes nacionais de quinta . um gigantesco clichê de frescor , que se encontra em qualquer esquina . dispensável .

arecky262
arecky262

beautiful scent, one of the best sporty fresh fragrance I've ever experienced, not to kick you in your nose

jasonx
jasonx

This has been done a million times before. That's all I can say about Lacoste Essential Sport!

urobian
urobian

Totally a disaster, what happen with lacoste? the original essential is a nice aromatic/green comfortable fragance.. "sport" is nothing with that, just a synthetic -plastic fruity aroma, fresh, clean..you can choose others.

andrevarx
andrevarx

An EDT with a very simple flavor that can be defined as a woody aromatic with a touch of geranium notes marked. Smell is very linear.

The age range is from teens to under 30. It is a very subtle scent that is good for nothing but fragrance daily. It may be good leaving the gym, although the smell is very subtle. Very simple and subtle.

I love all the Lacoste scents but to be honest I thought another sport scent I bet it has "x,y and z" and sure enough it had x,y and z. It breaks no new ground in what is in it or how it's blended but it's better than I thought it would be...

The notes are listed linearly but I got a top of citruses, quite bold and zingy, more bitter than sweet. then it gets spicy/sweet on me, no doubt due to the juniper and geranium (ho hum). The finish is quite clean despite the prescence of patchouli and amber. The musk is your typical white musk but the nutmeg is quite nice with warm sweet, clean air about it. Yes it is nothing new as it reminds one (vaguely) of Cool Play in its sportiness but is sweeter and greener and a tad warmer...

Sillage: okay
Longevity: decent
Overall: 3.25/5

It is no stunner but then "sport" fragrances usually aren't. It is a 'good' clean and fresh scent, suitable for office, school, or wearing around those with "sensitive noses". I would also wear this when leaving the gym or to refresh after a long day of work...

The Essential Sport is quite a linear fragrance that doesn't change much during its cycle on my skin. It's grapefruity that doesn't smell cheap or sour. I also smell amber/vanilla in the mix; making this scent semi sweet, soft and very enjoyable when it dries down. The Original is nice but this one isn't bad either. I wish they'd come in a box set together.

ososigma16
ososigma16

In my opinion, this is the typical fragrance that you can get when you are beginner, for educate your nose, you know not a good fragrance that your proud to wear it, it's ok for some of those days that you do your carwash or the laundry.
I like more the original Essential.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

Lacoste Essential Sport is about freshness and
energy in a bottle. The main inspiration of this
fragrance was to create an ice-cold freshness
together with an energetic spice effect!

antonpan
antonpan

Definitely one of the most "grapefruity" scents I've ever smelled. Grapefruit here is bright and sour. The scent is rather similar to Boss Pure, but stronger. Not bad, excellent for young guys, but really smells not expensive.

aktp-iciook
aktp-iciook

☻☺☻☺☻
In my opinion, I have a total opposite impression on Essential Sport from da_markos's review.

I like Essential Sport more due to its less greeness. I agree with da_markos that it is so citrusy and fruity that it can be viewed as a cheap fragrance.

All in all, I'm not impressed with this edition. I would rate it a bit above Essential but definitely not to be part of my collection.

Cheers,
☻☺☻☺☻

da_markos
da_markos

all i can say now (after testing it at blotter) that regular version is way better. This is too citrus, too light. .(unfortunatelly in a bad way).Very forgotable scent. regular version is a typical sport fragrance so i dont see a point to make it "more sport".
It's still nice and easy to wear scent but if you have to choose - get regular "Lacoste essential".

Lacoste Essential Sport by Lacoste 3.76 out of 5 based on 238 ratings and 46 user reviews

LACOSTE ESSENTIAL SPORT for MEN by Lacoste EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ UNBOXED
LACOSTE ESSENTIAL SPORT for MEN by Lacoste EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ UNBOXED
Lacoste Essential Sport
Lacoste Essential Sport Cologne by Lacoste, 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
LACOSTE ESSENTIAL SPORT for MEN by Lacoste EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ
LACOSTE ESSENTIAL SPORT for MEN by Lacoste EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ
Lacoste Essential Sport Cologne by Lacoste, 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
BeautyBar.com
42.00 GBP
Lacoste Essential Sport Eau de Toilette 125ml
Lacoste Essential Sport Eau de Toilette 125ml
Lacoste Essential Sport
Lacoste Essential Sport Cologne by Lacoste, 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
LACOSTE ESSENTIAL SPORT for MEN by Lacoste EDT SPRAY 4.2 OZ
Gift Set 4.2oz
Lacoste Lacoste Essential Sport Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Lacoste Lacoste Essential Sport Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Gift Set 4.2oz
Lacoste Lacoste Essential Sport Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz Deodorant Stick 75ml 2.4oz 2pcs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lacoste Lacoste Essential Sport fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lacoste Lacoste Essential Sport, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Lacoste Essential Sport by Lacoste. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Lacoste Essential Sport by Lacoste represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.