Designers » L » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Eau de Gaga 001 Lady Gaga for women and men

Eau de Gaga 001 Lady Gaga for women and men
dislike

leather
Eau de Gaga 001 Lady Gaga for women and men Pictures Eau de Gaga 001 Lady Gaga for women and men Pictures Eau de Gaga 001 Lady Gaga for women and men Pictures Eau de Gaga 001 Lady Gaga for women and men Pictures Eau de Gaga 001 Lady Gaga for women and men Pictures Eau de Gaga 001 Lady Gaga for women and men Pictures

EAU DE GAGA is an enigmatic scent, fusing daringly diverse elements to create a beguiling allure. The fragrance is built around a beautiful heart of white violet, an intoxicating flower that fuses male and female attractions. To counterbalance this opulent woody-floral intensity, the scent opens with an invigorating burst of sparkling lime that exudes dynamic vibrancy. And it evolves into a sensual trail based on leather, adding a primal quality to the scent.

Eau de Gaga 001 was launched in 2014.

Lime

White Violet

Leather Woody Notes

Azure Lime

Eau de Gaga 001 Fragrance Reviews

If you're up for a cheap thrill, this is it. A zesty / sparkling and aromatic lime opening joined by a kind of watery accord that smells more leafy-violety than actually watery. Everything sharpened by a woody-leather bone-structure. Totally synth and surely not groundbreaking but considering you can find 30ml bottles for 7 euros in discount stores here and there around the globe, you might want to give this a chance as it's actually pretty enjoyable in a hypothetical Azuree Lime ---> woody citrus axis. Completely genderless.

Nice presentation a-la Kilian (ah, the irony). Cheap is good sometime.

Rating: 6.5-7/10

felicite34
felicite34

Bought it, luckily it was a small bottle, really don't like it. But if you were Goth you will love it.

lirael00
lirael00

Too much lime for my taste. Definitely for citrus lovers. Otherwise not that bad, luckily I got a half empty tester so I'm done with the bottle now, but I won't be getting another one anytime soon.

Cel405
Cel405

I spotted this at TJ Maxx for $4.50, so I grabbed it. I've only read reviews on this, but never tried it first. It seems this is a "like it or hate it" type of scent, based on what I've read.

In the bottle, it does smell more like a man's cologne. A very nice one, actually. After a spray on my husband and one on myself, I wanted to see which one worked better. Actually, they both smell very different on us. On him, the leather and woods are more pronounced. On me, the lime was the first thing you smell, but only for a short time. After, some of that leather and a touch of the woods were there. About 30 minutes later though, a beautiful violet / floral scent came through. The other elements seem to be there, but just to add complexity to it. The violet is the main scent I pick up.

I found that this lasted a decent amount of time. I still kept getting whiffs of it at around 4 hours or so. The scent range is not massive though. I found that it sits fairly close to the skin. You'd have to be up close to someone in order to smell it, imo.

I like the look of the bottle; simplistic and sleek. Very nice. Over all, for a little over 4 bucks, I'd say this was was a nice score!

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

Thank you for all of the recommendations to satisfy my craving for a "soft leather." This one intrigued me and I am not at all disappointed! So, here is my visual for this scent. When I first spray: Hot guy in black leather jacket, wearing cologne and chewing mint gum. (He's come to pick me up for a date. :) Mid-stage: light citrus mint (if there were more lime, it would make a great "mojito" accord! Finally, there is my soft leather...which was really subtly present all along. I love this because I love mint & leather and the bottle is a beauty. Now I have two favorite "celebrity" scents.

pinkpinion
pinkpinion

Quite funny, yesterday I was chopping lime and I adore that smell. I thought to myself: I should get a perfume with that note in it. Today I happened to stumble upon Lady Gaga eau de Gaga. Normally, I try to avoid celebrity perfumes but this bottle screamed "power & femme fatale". Yeah, I'd like a bottle of that. So I tested it and there you had it , the lime! And then violet, huh? That was unexpected. Quite interesting, definitely not your standard cheesy celebrity perfume and not a cheap feel to it at all. It is quite masculine and heavy, so keep that in mind if you are not into that. I have the feeling that it would have gotten a lot more of the well-deserved attention and respect if it were from a famous perfume house. A shame really, although I am not complaining since it means you can buy this cheap and it is unlikely you bump into someone wearing it too.

Summer.ladon.smith
Summer.ladon.smith

I really like this scent, but do wish the lime note was a bit less intense. I do adore the sent of lime, yet the top note being nothing but lime is a bit much. If it was mixed with a bit of violet leaf, I think that would have been perfect. Grass notes could have worked well too. Also I can tell there are violet accords in here but it's very faint. Almost no violet at all the wood note is also very weak. The leather note however, I think is at the perfect strength. Pronounced but not over bearing. Cool rubber & acidic lime makes a grate scent. Thou more masculine than unisex, I fined this perfume to be neutral enough for any mature woman to pull off. A very nice olfactory experience, good for lifting the mood. But it still would have been perfect with less lime, more violet & a bit of violet leaf in the top note.

Cauda Pavonis
Cauda Pavonis

A lovely floral/citrus opening with tea notes. Starts off very feminine, quickly dries down to much more masculine. Light and inoffensive all the way through. Excellent celebrity fragrance, if longevity is lacking (it *is* an eau, however.) Glad to have this in my collection - I'm going to decant some and carry it around to refresh myself on hot summer days.

lindley
lindley

Very pretty and refreshing cologne-like scent. I would swear it was a tea scent, despite the listed notes. Maybe it's the bermagot reminding me of Earl Grey. And I love the scent of Earl Grey.

Unfortunately, it is as fleeting as it is pleasant. Otherwise, it would be a regular wear for me.

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

First impression - very strong and sharp citrusy scent. I smelled nothing but bergamot and I thought that a feminine girl can't pull off that fragrance. Within an hour I smelled the testing strip again and I got a very tender aroma of violets and woods. The scent is beautiful, refreshing and reminds me of Paris by Balenciaga, which I totally love. I definitely gonna add this to my collection, it's great for summer.

VanniGodfrey
VanniGodfrey

I'd been extremely turned off by this fragrance since it was launched, but I recently purchased it anyway just to add it to my collection. Lo and behold it's really grown onto me over the past several days. I tend to dislike overpowering citrus perfumes, and although that element to this one is what had always been off-putting for me personally, I really think that its incorporation into this fragrance makes it extremely unique. Like most people say, this is nothing like any other celebrity perfume, and I really appreciate it for what it is. Unfortunately, on my skin it doesn't last too terribly long, and funnily enough I find myself wishing that this perfume I hated for so long had stronger sillage and lasted longer on me. When I wear it, I get mostly a soothing herbal/lime sort of smell, and then a little bit later I smell a soft floral note. Never quite picked up on any woody notes though, and I think if they were more prominent the perfume would last a little bit longer and be slightly more dynamic.

Perhaps I wouldn't have given Eau de Gaga a second thought if it didn't have Lady Gaga's name on it, but as a fan of hers I just enjoy collecting her products, and I love seeing this bottle on my shelf. It's too bad this perfume didn't get the publicity it deserved, and it's unfortunate that she most likely won't release any other fragrances, but the two she has are both very unique and memorable.

FairyDuff
FairyDuff

What's wrong with my nose?

Violets? Leather? I'm getting black jelly beans!

Don't care -
I've bought it!

I like black jelly beans,
and if everyone else says I smell of woodsy violets,
then I say everyone wins!

Superb fragrance.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Eau de Gaga

Top Notes Lime

Middle Notes Violet

Base Notes Leather Woods

This is a big improvement on Gaga's first fragrance Fame. I was gifted Fame and I used it up mostly to get rid of it LOL It's an extremely radically sweet honeyed apricot scent, too sweet and cheaply made. It was only interesting as a marketing gimmick because the liquid was black. But the scent was nothing special. But this this is a classic fragrance. Yes it does smell like an old fashioned men's cologne, a fougere, an aftershave, and on me it was more masculine than feminine but it does have a violet/lavender type of scent that does really appeal to me. It is not very strong either it's just a comforting scent of citrus and woods. This scent opens with a fresh burst of lime. A lot of lime and lemon. It then has a soft but fleeting floral touch of violet. I thought the violet was slightly like lavender and it gives this scent an aromatic quality. There is also something herbal. I wondered if it was patchouli but if it is patchouli it's very faint. It's definitely green and herbal but not overpowering. It could be sage. The violet does stand out enough for it to be feminine but it's only one flower doing it's thing so it's not a floral feminine fragrance either. However because it is not a complex and multi layered men's cologne either this is a unisex fragrance. Both men and women can enjoy this scent. It's refreshing and while it's not sweet it is comforting. The leather/musk is just the right amount. Finally the whole thing becomes woodsy. Beautifully woodsy. This scent is clearly meant to make up for the cheapness and poorness of quality in Fame. I can see Gaga wearing this fragrance more than Fame. She appears to have only worn it during the launch/publicity phase. She has more in common with the unisex aspects of this fragrance. This scent is a confident but relaxing scent of citrus and leather that smells really good, luxurious, even vintage. The bottle is black (probably Gaga's favorite color as we remember the black parfum in Fame) and resembles a Kilian fragrance bottle or a Chanel, almost like the same shape/color as Coco Noir. This is a luxurious but affordable scent. I really love it. Finally she got it right.

djbuffoon
djbuffoon

Refreshing, atmospheric fougère in the classic tradition. Very surprising that Gaga released this. Her debut fragrance, Fame, was exotic, smoky, and contemporary, albeit on the feminine side, but this is the exact opposite. I pick up additional notes that are not listed, including black tea, sandalwood, patchouli, and sage.

The opening of lime is not harsh or synthetic at all, but smells more akin to authentic lime in sparkling water. In fact, there is an effervenscence to this juice that lasts the entire duration. The white violet appears after a couple hours, but it's gentle, and serves to mellow out the lime and leather. Really like this one, it's actually become my go-to when I want to smell pleasant and nothing else fits the bill for the occasion. 8.5/10

lemonzest
lemonzest

Surprisingly elegant and tasteful, almost ostentatiously tasteful. Mostly straight up lime at the beginning, with the tiniest whisper of violet. Definitely unisex. Smells like a classic gentlemen's cologne. Royall Lyme, to be precise. (Unfortunately, it lasts as briefly as that scent, tant pis.) This crisp, conservative scent causes a person to want to be prissily precise. Good grief, what a strange effect.

Pros: crisp, classic, unisex
Cons: linear, weak, short-lived

OK, I decided this needs help, so I added Yardley April Violets, and wow, the mix of the two was just gorgeous.

Sailor Pluto
Sailor Pluto

I am surprised at how short this lasted on my skin! It was very faint and I couldn't smell anything 5 to 10 minutes later... too bad!

KDJ
KDJ

Okay so it took forever for me to find this in a store. It seems so rare to find, and of all places, I find it at Walmart! Anyway, when I first sprayed this on me, I get the blast of the citrus and woody notes. I'm surprised that oakmoss is not mentioned on here, as I can smell it and it's listed in the ingredients. I think the oakmoss is what drives me away when I first sprayed it. It was really strong, but after a while on my skin, the floral violet note came through and I fell in love. The citrus from the lime adds that sparkle of cleanliness and sharpness that's just right, and doesn't overpower the floral aspect of the scent. I'm actually glad I picked this up!

Also, this scent gives off a very fresh feel to the overall fragrance (assuming it's from the lime), thus giving it a herbal kind of smell to me.

clgiles888
clgiles888

Gaga and I have a love/hate thing going on! I was immediately repelled by the Fame perfume, and was hesitant to try this one. Went for it today and WOW. Eau de Gaga puts a sparkle in my eye and spring in my step. Upon first spray I was worried I was going to smell like a Gin & Tonic, but she changed immediately into a fresh lime,sexy leathery powerful scent. Which a few minutes later....ahh there is the feminine side, a wink of flirty violet. I'm afraid this will be perceived as too masculine on me but I really can't give a damn. I want more!

Wathgwen
Wathgwen

I have been itching for something fresh but not aquatic for a few weeks now, and I've found it. I got this for €9.99 for a set with a 30ml fragrance and 75 ml shower gel. This is a blast of lime right off the bat. Exactly what I'd look for in a unisex scent. It doesn't have that sharp gasoline smell that some men's scents do, and it's not a gourmand fruity floral like so many women's scents nowadays.

It took some building up but after a few sprays each time about an hour apart, the full complexity of it is coming through. It's also projecting nicely; we'll see how long that lasts.

I get lime and leather from this, with a touch of wood but nothing overbearing. I'm not getting so much violet, but I'm not particularly familiar with violet so I might not be able to pick it out.

cpharr13
cpharr13

Very fresh.Very herbal...that lime is pretty intense apon opening.Very masculine in my opinion...it smells pretty harsh on my skin (I'm female) it was a blind buy as it was only $6 at tj maxx ...I'll be giving it to my brother!

suzycurlyq
suzycurlyq

OK I have had this on for a few hours and yes the first few minutes are lime juice pure and simple. But then it turns into a more gently soft but handsomely smell. If you like to wear men's fragrances and you are a woman this is probably the most perfect manly-womanly smell I have ever smelled!!!

I think I love it!

tessa2809
tessa2809

Dont let the first 15 minutes fool you! Upon applying I smelled a sharp rhubarby scent, which almost made me go to the bathroom to wash it off. But after 15 minutes it transformed into something woodsy and tea-like. Definitely unisex because of the leather, it makes me feel like a badass :)
If any of you are still mourning over the discontinued 'I M Spicy' by Fiorucci, this is the next best thing!

antigone26
antigone26

I hated this at first, but it's really grown on me. Very sleek looking and professional, and smells great. Has a mature feel to it and reminds me very much of the Tom Ford kind of branding. Lasts 3-4 hours which is decent. Will definitely keep purchasing!

Corinne39
Corinne39

Earl grey tea and violets..refreshing, energizing and imho perfect for spring/summer. Yes it's a little masculine to start with and is easily unisex, but the dry-down is, again imho, too soft for a male fragrance. ps. Thank you for the swap MrsLetterO..

Madrona
Madrona

Nice woodsy tea scent for the gym. Probably not the kind of usage that was intended, but it is really the only use I see for it personally.

Akarui_hana
Akarui_hana

Unexpectedly nice! It has a crisp quality that is invigorating, the citrus feels very natural and bitter, the leather is quiet and the violet is barely perceptible.
Indeed it is unisex in the conventional way and quite pleasing, I cannot imagine anybody being offended by this smell.
I would call it a wise option if you want something urban and fresh without being dull or generic.
It lasts well on clothes and hair and about 4-5 hours on my skin.

OKcololo
OKcololo

Despite the beautiful, lutens-esque black and red bottle and the typically over-the-top advertising, this is merely a pleasant, fresh woody-lime fragrance. It's got an invigorating fizziness up top and starts to resemble Tommy Girl a bit in the drydown (which is only good news to me, frankly!) So basically, it's nice, but merely nice. I'd much rather smell this on guys rather than the host of hideous chemical-fresh things that are everywhere these days.

darlingnadine
darlingnadine

Too masculine for me at first. The drydown is more unisex.
When I sprayed it on a tissue something in it reminded me of Ck One (I think it's the violet) but once I put it on it was different. It's an ok scent but nothing special. Good longevity, 6+ hours. I prefer Fame.
Update: I tried it again and this time I noticed the tea scent everyone was talking about. Interesting!

manu.tq
manu.tq

Eau de Gaga reminded me A LOT of Bvlgari Man Extreme. It has the same citrus vibe but less explosive. The drydown still has similarities probably due to the Woody notes. I actually prefer this over BME because it feels less generic.

Longevity is below average (about 4 hours), and projection is decent for the first 2.

matillyrose
matillyrose

Wow... was all I could think when I first tried this fragrance.

Straight out of the box, Mint Tea, I was taking big deep breaths of steaming Mint Tea with a squeeze of Lime and Honey.

This is quite a herbal concoction and the White Violet borders on the woodsy side, almost an Iris note.

Beneath it all lingering close to the skin is a sweet note, I am going to say Honey where the bees have been feeding on Citrus Blossoms. The more it blends with my skin the sweeter it gets.

I would class this a masculine scent but I just love to wear it, makes me feel quite sexy really in a carnal kind of way, don't know where that's coming from.

Must be the bad girl in me.

What I really want now is some Moroccan Mint Tea sweetened with Honey in a long glass tea cup.

Tremere
Tremere

Iso E Super, D-Limonene, Vetiverol, and something ozonic, possibly Ultrazur. I'd call it Las Vegas but it's closer to Reno.

muncierobson
muncierobson

Much as admire gaga I wasn a huge fan of her first fragrance. It was ok.

Having read many positive reviews I blind bought a small bottle for less than £10.

Very pleasantly surprised! I had a colleague who wore Elizabeth Ardens Green Tea and while tea is not listed that is the overwhelming feel I get from this scent. It's light but not lightweight. I detect a hint of citrus and a touch of florals but not violets. Maybe the suede stops it being too sweet? I cannot detect an individual note.

Pleased to read I am not the only one who identifies with tea!

Easily unisex and safe for a variety of environments.

Good to have a clean and fresh scent that avoids smelling soapy or overtly citrus (nothing wrong with those of course).

I think I will wear it casually during the day on warm spring days and cool summer ones. Days I might also wear Mugler's Cologne or an Acqua di Parma Colonia.

angelo..zucchinni
angelo..zucchinni

im just happy to know that not EVERY great quality and well made scent that actually is not weak and lasts and smells wondefull for hours...could only be had for a modest 15bucks....whereas you can take a $200 bottle of cologne..put that aside and buy 13 of these instead..and hand out 12 of these for gifts...and 1 last one for yourself ofcoarse..and most of your friends if not all...will love this really nice parfum by lady gaga....smells soo good...tea..minty..fruity...woody..lil balsamic...and the immediate spray inhale is gentle but robust with easing odors...8.5 out of 10.......i was impressed...fairly potent indeed.....ps..upon wearing now for hours i must add the lovely white floral and even rose i belivev..that is also prevelant in this really nice parfum..love it

learnincurve
learnincurve

On me it starts out with a blast of lime and then the violet takes over for a long time before mellowing into a combination of lime and green tea. So many bad violet products over the years have always made me shun it but this is very well done. It's a very simple fragrance but not in a cheap way, with this less is more.

I bought it dirt cheap on amazon, no it's not worth £60 but I'm very happy for the price I paid. I suspect this is going to be used in a fair few layering experiments with other simpler fragrances and I may have to stock up on this as the sales would suggest it's not long for this world.

Update: Layer this with CK eternity! It's made both perfumes what they were always meant to be. Wow.

Duskfall
Duskfall

This is unisex for sure. If you're a female trying this, don't let the masculine lime burst opening scare you because the drydown is the key for us women. It's a beautiful, well-balanced and sensual blend of lime, violet and wood (the leather is pretty much nonexistent on me). I'm wearing EdG 001 now and it makes me feel like I'm sipping ice tea on the sunny Mediterranean coast (even though it's actually a dreary winter day here in the North). This will definitely be one of my top summer scents!

I haven't tried the Tom Ford one this is being compared to, but I'd say EdG 001 has an "azure vibe" (à la Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo-series, for example). And, before anyone throws a hissy fit in the lines of "That cheap celebucr*p has nothing to do with Acqua di Parma!", I'd like to elaborate that I'm not saying it's exactly similar to Parmas, it's more about the general impression. :D

Satisfactory lasting power. It might seem like a relatively light fragrance, but the projection can turn surprisingly heavy if one gets carried away with the sprays.

Erui
Erui

On my boyfriend it's pure leather and wood, on me lime is more dominant. It's fresh and lovely, fills me up with energy, I use it on days I don't even want to get out of bed.

LuxAestiva
LuxAestiva

Surprisingly lovely and well done for a celebrity fragrance. I wasn't really a fan of her first fragrance, but this one is much nicer. Everything about this, from the fragrance, marketing, and packaging, is the exact opposite of her previous fragrance endeavor. This one is more "Lady" and her other one is more "Gaga." Unisex, but leans more masculine in my opinion. Juicy, tart lime gives way to fresh florals, wood and a subtle leather. It's a well balanced, fairly subtle fragrance. The more I wear this, the more I fall in love and crave it. The bottle is classy, simple, and timeless, reflecting accurately on the juice inside.

I don't normally layer, but this becomes citrus-neroli-floral-leather summery heaven when layered with Annick Goutal Neroli Cologne.

Peachysugarbuns
Peachysugarbuns

Eau De Gaga 001 is a fragrance as safe as a body spray from the 1990's - Green Tea body spray from The Healing Garden, to be exact! The powerful nostalgia factor and deliberate deviation from other sickly-sweet celebrity scents allows me quite enjoy Eau De Gaga 001. I'm pleasantly surprised.

This fragrance is soapy and lime-dominant on my skin. Lime can sometimes smell chemical-like, like cleaning solution, or too sweet, like a tropical drink mixer, but in this composition the citrus is truly clean and fresh. It's not too zippy, though - the violet smooths everything out without coming off as powdery or "dated" and a delicate wood/leather combo adds support in the drydown. Just like certian pillar fragrances from the 1990's, Eau de Gaga 001 can be worn beautifully on either gender. This fragrance lasts a VERY long time on my skin and since longevity seems to be SO rare these days, Eau de Gaga 001 gets mad props from me!

The bottle is very "By Kilian" and the advertising photos are very "Vogue", and while I don't think any of that fits the scent very well, it doesn't matter - Eau de Gaga 001 shows effort on its own. We don't need more fragrances of this kind coming out one after another, but this one has refreshed the mass market enough to hopefully inspire other mass-market creations to finally stray away from "sugary sweet". I plan on wearing Eau de Gaga 001 a lot this spring. Thumbs up!

xJessax
xJessax

Lovely enticing fragrance. I love the fact that this is marketed for men AND women this time around. I received this as a spontaneous gift. It opens with freshly pulverized lime juice. It's quite fresh and invigorating. Interesting! It settles beautifully into the skin, I get subtle hints of the leather and woodsy essences...it also has a powdery-peppery vibe going on. (Or maybe it's just my nose.) Actually, as a matter of fact, I like this even better when my boyfriend wears it. It rests beautifully on male skin, or perhaps it just suits his chemistry. It smells divine on him!! Masculine, fresh, a smoldering scent really.. and something very unique and unlike many other celeb perfumes. Love it!!!

Scent~ 8.5/10
Longevity~ 5-6 hours on skin
Sillage~ Soft to Moderate

Edit: It does seem to remind me of herbal tea, in a good way! Brings back fond memories of sipping hot tea with lemon and sitting on my leather couch next to my sweetheart. :)

Jennifer555
Jennifer555

Smells great! Does not smell cheap or synthetic at all and not a typical celebrity scent. It is quite strong and lasts. Opens with a strong fresh and clean citrus scent. I really like the bottle; it is sturdy and classy. So glad I picked this up!

Valerie K
Valerie K

I LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE!!!!! Truly provides a pick me up on a stressful day..

tittertat
tittertat

I can't believe that musk isn't listed, I get a similar dry down to Britney Spears Believe. Not bad at all for the price and could pass for unisex. I thought this one was lighter and more warm weather than Fame which is heavy on the dark berries. This one I get citrus, white flowers and a light musk.
I really don't get leather but I often don't get listed notes in perfumes...something vaguely Christmas also. I noted it reminds me of Unbreakable by Chloe and Lamarr.

Cookietookie215
Cookietookie215

I bought a 15 ml bottle of it and its more than enough for me. EDG001 Starts out with a zesty fizzy lime, and for about 15 minutes thats all I smell. After, I get a lot of leather undertones with some sweetness which I think is provided by the violet note. From the base I get soft woods and maybe a little bit of musk. I think this is the ulitmate universal fragrance (after Calvin Klein's 'CK One') If you like CK One you're bound to like Eau De Gaga 001.

Equestre
Equestre

Bought this today, $13.99AUD for a gift set containing a 50ml bottle plus shower gel. At that price, I was happy to take a blind-buy gamble.

Opens with quite a strong citrus (yes, rather detergent-like) that soon settles down into something a bit smoother and creamier. I've been waiting for the leather and I haven't found it yet (about 1 hour in). At one point there I was thinking it was getting a bit masculine/aftershave-y but it keeps evolving.

It's not overpowering, which is nice. I think this is a safe scent, definitely unisex, which could be seasonally versatile too. My anti-perfume parent actually liked it, so that's a bonus.

Will keep trying it to see if I can get the leather note!

hcourtn5
hcourtn5

This smells like the kitchen of a Chinese restaurant just after they've mopped the floors. I get trash and cleaning agent smells from this fragrance... I gagged.

nvenus
nvenus

If you like lime combined with leather, you will enjoy this.

spray_and_pray

All I get from this is green tea. Nothing super original. A very fresh and clean fragrance. I can't imagine anyone being offended by this juice in any situation or setting. The buzz around this was nuts earlier this year. Ironically, it is being sold in Christmas giftsets at Wal-Mart for $20 w/ shower gel. My advice is to wait to purchase this until the week after x-mas when Wal-Mart slashes the prices on their christmas items. You can scrape up fragrance gift sets at 50-75% off original price. I usually scrape up a few gift sets of Nautica Voyage for $5 each year during after x-mas sales. Most mass produced designer and celeb frags aren't worth full retail so don't be a sucker. I will say tho, Eau de Gaga is slightly above average compared to other celeb scents

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Classic-shaped bottle for a unisex fragrance. Four sprays stayed a moderate sillage scent; the initial burst of lime continues thru until the switch to leather and woods keeping the top strong; within an hour Gaga leaned more masculine than feminine; all of the notes are discernible and make their statement. It's earthy with a classic worn leather scent leaning against a polished bar built entirely of real wood.
This feels as if you're either wearing you're wearing a man's shirt and his cologne has worn off on you or you've layed in his arms all night and you are now wearing his fragrance.
The lime disappears in two hours and the woods and leather begin to dominate comfortably for a few more hours. Lady Gaga 001 is calm and aromatic, it's innocently seductive. Worn by a woman, perhaps more of a surprise and on the sensual side because of its masculinity. I can see this either on a rainy day or wearing that LBD as a surprisingly sensual perfume.
Kudos to Gaga for putting out a unisex scent in a great bottle at an affordable price for the masses. It addictively grows on you with its refreshing simplicity that's comforting and doesn't scream testosterone in a man's cologne. The leather and woods are quiet, subdued, earthy and classic. They remind me of the arms of a man who rolls up the sleeves of his Oxford-button-down just past his wrist; his watch hanging low. He never wears short-sleeve shirts.
This grew on me and I've reached for it often. Considering my arsenal, that says alot. Lady Gaga 001 is mature underlying seduction in a bottle, the type of beguilement that is more entrancement in an understated way.

ClippyluvsMU
ClippyluvsMU

This is light and lovely. It falls into a springtime range for me. I don't usually wear things that I deem "light", but this is one of a few that I have to say I am on the cusp of "love".
I liked the first Gaga frag (Fun, a little dark, "smexy"), but this is class at this, and many other price points. Not "typical" fruity/floral celeb frag here. It is almost dry-but retains a fresh, hooded-eye, quality to it, that TRULY is unisex. It simply smells good.
I had this on my list before finding it, and when I did, I knew I should have grabbed the other two bottles.

Bottle: 9.5/10 (Glossy Black Chanel? Yes. Oh yes.)
Juice: 8/10
Sillage: 7/10 (SPRING/LIGHT=ACCEPTABLE AS SUCH)
Long: 7/10
Repurchase: Yes

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

Not a fan of Lady Gaga's first fragrance and not a fan at all of lime. My expectation of this was pretty much rock bottom. I saw a display at walmart today (wasn't this at high end stores and expensive when it came out?) and sprayed the back of my hand.
As suspected, the lime hits hard in the opening, but its not too Pine-Sol smelling which is good. The leather kicks night right after. Again, leather and lime sound so unappetizing to me, but here it totally works. In the dry down the violet comes out and makes it slightly flowery and elegant. This is totally unisex and can be dressed up or down. Its soft, clean, and easy too wear. I can just as easily see a woman all dressed up wearing this, or a guy at the gym spraying this on after a shower. Hard to believe but its true. All in all I like this. Its not cheap smelling in the slightest and a quality fragrance for the price point. Lady Gaga did good here, thumbs up.

Konga5000
Konga5000

1) BLIND BUY on good vibes by you people.
2) Was surprised because GaGa is just a blurry Xerox of Madonna --that this in fact would be a copy of Madonna's frags. Not the case at all.
3) This smells like a man's scent--not even unisex to me. Just sayin'.
4) First blast; LIME. I love lime. No problems here.
5) Dry Down time; a balanced leather (musk) /floral mix. Pleasant!
6) Nice price: 12.99 at TJ Marshalls. (I love seeing that RED clarence sticker!)
7) I guess I'll try her other one in the black egg.
8) Longevity- nothing more than "fair". It was pretty much gone by the 3 or 4 hour mark.
9) uncomplicated, upright and strangely NOT obnoxious as originally presumed.
10) No Vanilla. No Fruit. No Juicy. (I mean this in a good way).

SUMMERY: Good blind buy- not for everyone though. Ladies might say "pee eew". Great affordable "foundation" scent for layering. Have a feeling that when discontinued--this one will hit the roof in price.

adriana.van h
adriana.van h

i love the fact that it is unisex,while going out me and my brother both wear this perfume and it will smell different. We get many compliment about it from men and women

Lovesmells
Lovesmells

I agree with others here. I could not stand the first one...from the marketing, which I thought it was gimmicky to the smell.
This is quite a departure. It is very light, softly masculine with light lime and then leathery smells after.
It doesn't last at all. I am surprised that the leathery under notes do not last.
It's not what I would call unisex but I'm wondering though if it would smell better on a man

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

So, I love this. So much better than the first one, which was very fruity and sweet. This one is citrusy and leathery; very masculine and grown up. Love the ethnic vibe....

heather62
heather62

Purchased this at TJ Maxx for $12.99. I smell tea, lime, and leather. It's nice enough and I do like it but it does not last on me.

weegee
weegee

No leather and no violets to my nose and I do love both but curiously, I'm not disappointed in the least. Why? Because on my skin Eau de Gaga is all lime (& lots of it) with a heavy dose of black tea leaves. Absolutely gorgeous! Nothing masculine about this at all to my nose, just the summery freshness of a tall glass of iced tea with a slice of lime. After reading the looooong list of reviews I was prepared to dislike it but one sniff is all it took to totally captivate me.

The opening is deliciously crisp, so much so that I reapplied hourly. Not that I needed to though because it is nicely long lasting but that initial spritz is just so darn... tasty. Thirst quenching, actually.

After I got over my initial infatuation with the opening and stopped reapplying hourly I finally experienced the beautiful dry down notes. The tea and lime fade into the background and a mellow mix of woody notes emerges softened with the scent of suede and just a hint of violets. The dry down is faintly similar to that of my beloved Jolie Madame, believe it or not! Amazing... just goes to show that celeb scents should never be dismissed before testing. Celebs don't create fragrances, they hire often VERY talented perfumers and now and again a true gem emerges.

I was gifted a 15ml bottle by a lovely member and this shot to the top of my "must have" list. Wore it to work one evening and got compliments all night long from coworkers who'd never mentioned my fragrance before! Definitely a departure from her first fragrance and not a bit masculine to my nose. I do love lime and now I love Eau de Gaga.

Edit: 9/26/15 50ml bottles have just appeared at Marshalls/TJMAXX for just $12.99. I bought 2 today and nothing could pry them from my hands. This is delicious! Each time I wear it (and I did, daily, on a beach vacation last week) I like it even more.

dsty
dsty

As others have said, this is unusually mature and sophisticated for a celebrity scent. A unisex combination of violet and leather will do that, I guess, if it's done right like it is here.

I especially like the opening, where the subtle leather is dominated by the fresh, bright lime. It makes the citrus a bit soapy, pretty original and very enjoyable. That phase doesn't last long: the lime starts to fade away and soon it's replaced by violet, making for a reasonably sweet and very smooth floral leather instead. I like that part as well, but I have to take care not to overspray or else it becomes too much for a hesitant admirer of leather scents like myself. A couple of light sprays are enough to keep it going for hours, by the way, and would suit a spring or early fall day excellently for both men and women.

So all in all Eau de Gaga is a solid like for me - I don't love it enough to put it on my want list, but I'm glad I got to sample it.

Kohla1
Kohla1

Eew! I do not like this at all. More masculine than feminine. I have mens fragrances that are more suitable for women than this. I do have to say that it has excellent projection and sillage though.

mmaza
mmaza

I was a bit disappointed. I expected a longer lasting citric than that little poof in the beginning. I was testing it and sprayed a little on my hand. I did not like it at all. It smelled very strong violet, almost like lavender. Reminded of a perfume my mother used in the 90's mixed with some douche guy. Then i thought i'll give it a big spray and test it. I could really smell the lime and woody notes. After a while i smell like violet with woody notes. When the perfume is dying out i can smell that leather, like stepping in to a new car. Even though i was disappointed in the beginning i kind of like it now. I can see myself wearing this at special parties or events.
I really see men and women wearing this.

lulu169
lulu169

Just tested it doday since it was on sale for a bargain 10€ for 50ml...but I wouldnt buy it even for this...very Unisex, but more on the masculine side - anyway I wouldnt like it on men, either. Im getting mostly violet LEAFS with citrus and leather. not nice. The asting power is really really bad, as was with Fame. Too bad Quality, doesnt represents the Star

spiderleenie
spiderleenie

I like this a lot more than Lady Gaga's previous fragrance, Fame. Eau de Gaga 001 doesn't smell like your typical fruity floral and vanilla celebrity fragrance.

First off, this is most definitely a unisex fragrance. I can see both men and women pulling this off with ease.

Upon initial spray, I get a huge burst of the lime. The lime smells very fresh and delicious. Once it starts to dry down on my skin, though, more of the violet and leather come out in the fragrance. I find that the violet keeps both the lime and the leather notes from being too loud.

Eventually the "woody notes" come out, and they kind of become the star of the show near the end. My nose likes to think it smells like cedar, but who knows? All I know is that the woody notes definitely add the bulk of masculinity to the perfume.

As for longevity, this fragrance lasts a LONG time. All I need is 1 or 2 sprays, and I'm good for most of the day.

Overall, I really enjoy this one. As a female, I enjoy the lime and the violet notes (as they keep the fragrance fresh, zesty, and juicy), but I also enjoy the leather and the woody notes. The base notes make this an earthy and masculine fragrance, but the lime and the violet keep it from being too heavy. I think it's blended very nicely, especially in comparison to Fame. I feel that the quality for this one is much higher than Fame's.

I want more Eau de Gaga fragrances. I really like this one, and I'm impressed.

xoxoMyke
xoxoMyke

I was completely surprised when I saw Eau de Gaga 001 at Kohl's. I immediately grabbed the bottle and I completely admired the beauty of the bottle. It's truly classy and chic in appearance!

I sprayed the juice on the tester card and was highly disappointed in how powdery and citric it was.

Convinced the scent would be different on my skin, I sprayed it on the back of my hand. I waited a few minutes before sniffing. I still found it to be too citric and powdery.

While not a fan of EdG001, I do look forward to EdG002. Unisex fragrances should be the future. With EdG002, I hope she goes for a heavy, opulent smell - along the lines of TF Black Orchid or Eau des Baux.

This Eau de Gaga line looks very promising if they continue in this uncharted territory of unisex fragrances (celebrity designer-wise).

anitaoolong
anitaoolong

I love this fragrance! Coincidentally I bought Crabtree & Evelyn's Himalayan Blue about a year ago at the same time of year, which is mid-winter in Australia. For some reason I really appreciate these two citrus/leather fragrances on these cold, clear days.

Smelling Eau de Gaga reminds me of summer Saturday mornings as a child with moisture still on the grass and lawnmowers whirring to life around the neighbourhood. Maybe that's the attraction of wearing this in mid-winter:- a promise of the return of idyllic, carefree days of summer when it's still months away.

The fragrance itself is simple. Citrus, green, fresh, a little floral, and surprisingly long-lasting. It's modest and uncomplicated. Eau de Gaga could sit happily with a few Crabtree & Evelyn scents with that natural, botanical impression.

It opens with a blast of lime similar to O de Lancome, complete with what seems to be a suggestion of oakmoss. The floral heart is mainly violet and woods sprinkled with a bit of spice, reminding me a little of Balenciaga L'Essence.

Don't be misled by the low price point. This one deserves consideration. I think it's wonderful!

Momenti
Momenti

"A delicate soul" **

This is an eau, indeed, light, floral, nice.
What can I say more?
Oh, yes, maybe I'll just add a thought: Lady Gaga is a little girl and plays Little Red Riding Hood. And she befools the Bad Wolf.

AlisonD
AlisonD

This is a very nice fragrance.
I like it from the top notes to the dry down. Like others have said there is a green note there somewhere. Its not as clear cut and defined as the 4 notes listed would have you think. The mix really works.

Its a little different to most other perfumes and at dry down is quite mellow and attractive.

I just paid $39 dollars for a large bottle-which is gorgeous-and it was a great buy.

Highly recommended.

occua
occua

The first Gaga fragrance I ever tried, admittedly, my favourite of the two. This is, to me, exactly what it says it is, lime, violet, and leather. Unisex all the way. Masculine-seeming-feminine/unisex scents tend to work better on my skin then your typical peony-and-rose-floral-sugar-explosion that most perfumes aimed at women my age and younger. This comes off very tea-ish as most have said, with the hit of sweet lime and violet coming off strong until the drydown when the violet and leather take over. I really like it. The woody notes aren't there for me at all, and I am fine with that. I'm interested in seeing what else comes out of this line if this is only 001. I'll keep buy if they'll keep selling. The only celebrity perfume line to keep me this hooked is Elizabeth Taylor's, which for me, saying a lot.

scentconnoisseur
scentconnoisseur

To me this is a dupe of Indigo Nest. In fact, so similar, I had to return it. I prefer the Nest fragrance. C'mon Gaga, you can do better than this.

Swamp Lily
Swamp Lily

I love this fragrance. It’s not pretty, it’s not sweet, it’s definitely unisex and unlike anything I normally wear. I’m a woman who normally goes for woody, citrusy fragrances, a light floral, a bit of spice even perhaps a soft oriental, nothing too frou-frou, nothing too powerful or sugary.

So I picked it up because of the lime but the lime that I detected on the test card is not evident for very long on my skin. It’s woody, leathery and has the barest hint of floral but mostly its masculine and I don’t care. I also picked it up because of words like enigmatic, beguiling and opulent. I’m a sucker for the right words.

Sometimes it seems a bit more like rubber than leather. After a while it becomes powdery, even soapy like a good quality shave cream and then I get green tea and violets. It’s comforting. Tea is not listed in the notes but I noticed other reviewers picked it up as well. I haven’t been that fussed on other tea scents but again, this is an exception.

It’s amazing what a scent can do. Eau de Gaga is like being wrapped up in a big manly hug while at the same time feeling independent of the hug and happy, strong and confident within myself. I have no idea where I’ll wear this. Tonight I’m wearing it to bed.

Edit: Layers well with Versace Versense.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

First hour is 80% lime and 20% leather. This could be unisex but to me, it leans a bit more masculine. No soft edges here. I can finally smell a hint of violet or florals in the drydown (by this time, it has been over four hours. I like the bottle. It has the same vibe as Tom Ford or Balmain. From looking at the bottle, I expected something warm with amber or smoky scent. This zingy-citrus-no-sweetness-or-floral-or-smokiness is not for me. Try before you buy.

One spray on me
Sillage: arm's length
Longevity: one hour then very faint skin scent

Valentina_Dreams
Valentina_Dreams

At first spray, the fragrance opens a door into what smells like a cheap barber shop-esque parlor. On the outside it advertised the place to be very swank, adventurous, inviting me to a thrill ride with lush leather seats and refreshing citrus drinks. But inside, as I take a deep breath, I find no leather but something like vinyl washed with lime soap-soaked wash cloths seats where once the famous sat, the dents of their asses have created creases so deep, I can smell traces of old flowers that have stained the upholstery a grey lavender. I find the place almost empty of excitement. There's mostly the scent of men's after shave and the hint of something that once was very juicy, like blueberry, but that must be from fruity drinks spilled here long ago, before this parlor-of-a-fragrance ceased to be popular. Well... maybe it still is desired by folks who want to get away from it all, it does have this shadowy escape sense to it, a place where you'd want to hide a secret affair, but when it's brought out in the light of day? This is FADE as opposed to Gaga's FAME.

adamspira
adamspira

When I first bought this last christmas, I found it really hard to like. Eau De Gaga smells of Lime and leather at the start giving it a fresh, clean and masculine scent. As I wore it throughout the day the white violet was kicking in which smelt amazing. I think everyone went through this when they first tried this fragrance.

Electronic100
Electronic100

I really like this one. I get beautiful green notes of tea which I always enjoy! All the interesting shenanigans happen whilst the perfume is first sprayed. The dry down is nice too but it doesn't last very long. This said, its a nice fragrance for summer!

Scentsations_oudlover
Scentsations_oudlover

This is very green to me. I can see the white violet but I'm really getting the citral and geraniol. I think the green really comes from the linalool. These are a really interesting combination of fragrance molecules because they're typically found in this grouping in cleaning supplies. I think it's extremely well done due to the fact that it actually smells like a wearable fragrance and not my floor cleaner. I'm not smelling much leather rather than a transient suede type aroma. I wear this in the spring which is saying a lot since I'm a woody musky fragrance guy. Nice work!

Tiagoep.
Tiagoep.

Is very wonderful and different. I think, this is one of my best fragances. Incredible Bottle and nice Sillage. I Love It.

Capricorngal19
Capricorngal19

By far the weirdest celebrity perfume to date because it actually does not smell like a celeb vanilla candy smelling mess that I expect from celebs.
Oh no... Lady gaga aims to please.
It's simple enough to not annoy you, but classy enough to leave a good impression. I must say that the leather is a nice touch with the burst of citrus. I do get the floral in here too. She made a perfume that will smell different on everyone. I will be purchasing this and I really like this way way WAY more than Fame.

Fame wasn't strong enough for me but this one makes up for it.
Thank you lady gaga.

Colettekn
Colettekn

Quite nice, reminds me of Eau Parfumee au The Blanc by Bvlgari.

geekgoddess
geekgoddess

I wonder if this cologne is especially dependent on body chemistry. I don't get any green tea at all, just sharp lime and leather. Some days though, I smell a bit of nearly imperceptable sweet floral scent that fills the slight gap between leather and lime and transforms it from an interesting cologne to something wonderful.

TonioValentine
TonioValentine

So I really like this fragrance but I'm slightly upset that it doesn't really last long. As soon as I spray it I get the lime note but there also seems to be a tea note somewhere, like a green tea or camomile. The leather note sends this fragrance a little more on the masculine side and I find it more of a classic scent rather than your typical fruity scent all the celebrities seem to come out with. Thumbs up Gaga!

nikolaydl
nikolaydl

Since I became perfume maniac, this is the first fragrance that I could smell all of the notes in it. When I spray it on my skin, I get that very fresh lime, which also stays till the end. About 30 minutes later the white violet appears and makes it just a bit feminine, but not enough in my opinion... Then after another 30 minutes the leather and the woody notes blends with the lime and the violet is almost not there anymore. It lasts about 6 hours on me. It's marketed as unisex, but I think it's more masculine. It's not something unique, I'm quite sure I smelled something very similar before, but it's really nice and fresh and I really enjoy it. I would definitely get the full size bottle.

victoria.mei1992
victoria.mei1992

Really great perfume, could be niche. I think I will buy this. Wow, has like green note in it a little bit fresh and spicy at the same time.

patxaran
patxaran

Not your typical celebrity scent next door this one! It is a subtle fragrance, nothing symphonic but beautiful in its simplicity. I am using it with the showergel and body lotion to boost its lasting power. It starts off really lime-y and then calms down into a gentle mix of powder and leather. I press my nose on my arm after a few hours and it is as if a boyfriend's cologne has left a trace on me. I use many "male" and unisex fragrances so this is perfect, but if you are looking for a more feminine leather fragrance you might be disappointed. Try this is you are the sort who likes barbershop / colognes / vetivers or perhaps the DSquared Wood fragrances.

SeanTheKunst
SeanTheKunst

As a massive fan of lady gaga I absolutely love this fragrance. Its a step up from her debut, which when comparing actually leaves me sick to the smell, so artificial and generic.

Absolute step up, more of a lemony, green-tea vibe to me though.

celebrity89
celebrity89

All I smell is tea with lemon and honey. Nice looking bottle.

Update: I got the X-mas set and find this to be essentially Earl Grey tea with a twist. No wonder it's masculine, it's marketed as unisex.

Lisa290872
Lisa290872

Oh wow. I love this. I feel very sexy wearing this and is a muskier version of CKone in my honest opinion. It is great that a celebrity has bought out a scent that is not sweet or fruity like the rest. This is definitely Lady Gaga saying I am different and I stand out from the rest. I also like that the bottle is simple. She is expecting people to buy this for the scent not the elaborate packaging. Nice one.

sapphire14
sapphire14

I was given this fragrance as a gift, and to be honest I didn't overly like it when I first wore it. I wanted to like it (because I love Lady Gaga), but I couldn't bring myself to love it. It's designed as a unisex scent but I think it's definitely more of a masculine fragrance. It's not something I would wear daily. Yes, I do like how light and fresh this perfume is and it's not too sweet or too fruity. It's very citrus based. It's rather delightful and I think it would be absolutely heavenly on a man. Yet for me, as a woman, I find it a little overpowering.

gashdown
gashdown

Very simple cologne. Close to a lime solinote scent.
Think of a stripped down to its core Mugler Cologne, a vaguely updated 4711 cologne, a Tom Ford Neroli Portofino on a budget (if your budget is whatever you can find in the cracks of your sofa). Not bad, it's just that there are better options out there. Some of which cost less and smell more refined (4711). Something I'd spray my linens with in the summer, if I found a bottle for $10 at a discount store. I guess my linens will smell of Gaga very soon, mind you...

AneV
AneV

I like it, its clean a bit like Cartier eau de cartier a bit sweeter (nothing crazy) this really tempted me,but since I have Cartier I can't justify the expense :(

neonvalkyrie
neonvalkyrie

Tried it in store, on my wrist. I'm not a connoisseur, this is just my humble thoughts.
This one started with a sharp lime blast, then it settled into a cool, "menthol with burnt honey" smell. It reminded me somewhat of Versaces Eros for men.
But after a while (five hours or so) it morphed into a very feminine, very grown-up powdery violet. Intriguing, I like it!

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

The first Gaga fragrance was a disappointment to me - all that drama in the bottle but nothing special in the fragrance itself. This however is a delight! Refreshing, brilliant citrus tea fragrance that is just about perfect for Spring and Summer. This will keep you cool and calm in warmer weather. The drydown has a suggestion of leather but nothing scary - her fragrances are still not living up to her amazing weirdness and I look forward to something in the future that will be really strange and beautiful but meanwhile this may be rather mainstream but it's a lovely, uplifting scent- at an unbeatable price. Thank you Lady G.

"opulent woody-floral intensity"... where? I smelled none here. I'm not a fan nor a hater of Lady Gaga. I find her interesting somehow.
Her first Fame was vaguely decent but too apricot-y.
This one is all about lime boozy cocktail and then harsh woody. Where are the opulent flowers???
Not stinky nor totally bad but dare I say a waste of money and time?
At least, if you like it, it is longlasting.

VanMarlton
VanMarlton

A very decent scent that has actually surpassed my expectations.

But of course there's a ton of dislikes on fragrantica. Why? Because it's cool to hate on everything new.

rachelanne87
rachelanne87

This perfume, definitely has a herbal smell to it. Smells very much like green tea or walking into a tea store. It also smells more masculine then feminine. Unfortunately not my type of scent as I like more feminine fragrances. I actually enjoyed MAC Turquatic, which was also a unisex fragrance. I was hoping that, I would enjoy this as well...but I don't! But, will say that it's not a super strong overpowering scent, which is huge plus! Would smell great on a guy & will end up gifting it to a male friend or family member. I waited forever for this to be available in the US & was disappointed when I finally got a bottle.
Ended up gifting it to a guy who loves it, so I was able to find it a good home! :)

platinum14
platinum14

The lime/ musk mix (plus something like vetiver) give a loud start to this fragrance. It eventually tames down to a very late 70' early 80' men's fragrance. The drydown is more interesting.
Not my style, but the same fragrance by some niche brand would probably be getting better reviews. I've seen much worse by big name niche brands.

black_orchid
black_orchid

I have never think that I will like celebrity perfume so far. It's fresh, refreshing and calming. Something similar with Elizabeth Arden Green Tea but I think there is something more and mature in it. I like it very much. Bravo Gaga!

LeVitrail
LeVitrail

I sprayed it on my wrist and asked my husband what he thought about it without telling him it's Gaga's perfume (he hates her). He called it nasty...I personally found it pretty masculine and not exciting at all..there's no depth,intrigue to it. Was cold,limey...I really wanted to like it,though. I may give it one more chance since that time I sprayed myself with it once and it didn't stay on my skin for a long enough to check if the scent had got any better.

Pinja
Pinja

For Eau de Gaga, there is an impressive range of comparisons to other fragrances. I smell CK One, Moschino Happy! and some Mugler Cologne. Instead of making another review I collected here what Eau de Gaga reminds other reviewers of:

-Earl Grey tea (Now Smell This)
-"21st century CK One" (Victoria at Bois de Jasmin)
-"in the lines of a less stuck-up version of Chanel No. 19" (philistine at basenotes)
-Thierry Mugler Cologne (inanityandthegirl)
-Illumasqua’s Freak (Malibu at Fragrantica)
-Bleu de Chanel (ALEXAJOVCIC at Fragrantica)
-Azzaro "Elixir" or Van Gils "Live" (fuzzybutt59 at Fragrantica)
-JOVAN Musk Oil + J.SEX Appeal (AVONMAN at Fragrantica)
-Polo Green mixed with musk (tatonnement at Fragrantica)
-White Patchouli by Tom Ford (Ilprofumo at Fragrantica)
-"what I'd imagine a men's version of green tea by Elizabeth Arden would smell like." (OfTheNight at Fragrantica)

One theme seems to emerge. Though supposedly a unisex fragrance, the comparisons are mostly with masculines.

aliciabrown14
aliciabrown14

Can't stand the smell of this at all! It smells too much like the smell of some sort of sketchy guy, even though it is allegedly "unisex". I couldn't put up with the smell of it, it was too spicy of a smell for me, despite not having a spice note in it- reminded me of pepper and whatnot.

barentonwithaba
barentonwithaba

Huge let down. I smelled a tester and put it right back.

avonman
avonman

Lady Gaga...The 70s' called and JOVAN wants their Musk Oil Back!.... Growing up in the 70s with two older brothers, I was very familiar with J.Musk as I used to Sneak some, along with their J.SEX Appeal...So Yea that's what I got with this, not a bad thing but that's what this reminds me of...I can almost hear Donna Summer playing On The Radio!

tatonnement
tatonnement

Nice packaging, giving me a little of a By Killian vibe. But that's really where it ends. Tried this and got blasted with a lime cleaning solution, very harsh and sharp citrus - extremely synthetic as if drenched in bleach. Once it settled, it turned into something akin to Polo Green mixed with musk. Very weak in lasting power yet headache inducing. Feel like this one goes a long way with marketing power and fandom.

Camilla91
Camilla91

Smells like an inside of a brand new, expensive and luxurious car. It is a different scent and I enjoy it a lot. I am kind of tired of all the same fruity/floral/vanilla scents that celebrities launch and this one is a nice surprise. Not for everyone - that's for sure. Wouldn't recommend buying it blindly.

OfTheNight
OfTheNight

Eau de Gaga

This fragrance reminds me of my grandfather, he always smelt like lime and leather, he was a fan of lime soda and always wore his favourite leather jacket as a representative of the biker gang he was a member of back in new Zealand. I think that whole idea almost makes this fragrance seem quite romantic in a way. There is a bit of a dirtiness that wants to clash and wrestle with what seems like an inherent need to be clean. It's a great fragrance on me, it almost smells like what I'd imagine a men's version of green tea by Elizabeth Arden would smell like. Irregardless of the fact that this is a Gaga scent, when I wear this I don't think of her or the fact that she says this smells like sex...instead I find myself riding down the coast on the back of my grandfather's motor cycle once again and his gang following him in pursuit of something beautiful and dangerous.

Finally bought this today for $23/1 oz and here's my impression of Eau De Gaga:

Initial blast is very clean, seductive, & youthful. Shortly after, the "green tea" becomes very apparent. This frag also has a "soapy" vibe to it. The scent is not ground breaking or really unique but safe none the less. I think this would make a killer office scent.

Some people say this is either too masculine or too feminine. I think it is in the middle for sure. I can see myself being comfortable wearing this in public and I can see my girlfriend wearing this as well.

In regards to longevity, this frag has outlasted many celeb frags I have tried so far. Its also winter here in New England and my skin is dry. I am sure when the weather isn't so bitterly cold, this would last a long time. My only complaint was the sillage. The sillage isn't huge by any means. This is a close quarters frag.

Overall: 8/10

Ilprofumo
Ilprofumo

Wow, what a wonderful surprise. Tested it today. Opens initially as a citrus scent and then develops into an extremely élégant and sophisticated perfume. It reminds me of White Patchouli by Tom Ford but Gaga releases a floral-bergamot-musky perfume that is divine. I really really like it. Its staying power is fabulous. Very reasonably priced for the quality of product. More of an evening perfume. Well done GAGA.

martin_nemo
martin_nemo

Sprayed today at Shoppers DM. Not bad at all I must say!
Initial citrus-woody blast fades into quite loud white florals with just a tiny hint of leather. More on a feminine side, but probably I would wear it in summer. Reminds me of Shalimar Parfum Initial, but softer and less powdery.

ChristopherK21

GAGA JUST ANNOUNCED ON TWITTER THAT EAU DE GAGA WILL NOW BE SOLD AT TARGET!!!!

SO I AM ASSUMING WHAT SOMEONE SAID ABOUT IT BEING DROPPED AND DISCONTINUED BY COTY WAS NOT FULLY TRUE. THANK GOD!

Can't wait to see it show up in Target stores!

erica.andruscavage

FINALLY got this in the mail today. Ordered a few weeks ago from Amazon and they in turn got it from Germany. Very impressed and well worth the wait. Citrusy men's cologne when sprayed, but dries down to a classy sophistication of a spicy women's perfume. They weren't kidding when they said it was unisex. This is what her Fame perfume should have been but wasn't. If you were as disappointed by Fame as I was, you will be justly rewarded with Eau De Gaga. Too bad it is difficult to find in the States.

sarahwspain
sarahwspain

Ouch! This one wasn't really nice at all. I'm judging the fragance here, not the singer, but this one was something that could have smelled really interesting and it didn't deliver.

On my skin it opens with a dash of lime and leather. The lime disappears really fast and then all I get is a really aggresive leather, very strong and masculine for my taste. I don't get any wood and certainly no violet, since there's nothing floral or powdery about this. I don't think this is a unisex fragance at all (and this comes from a girl that sometimes enjoys wearing certain men fragances); I think this is something that could smell better on a man than on a woman.

Again, everyone's skin chemistry is different, but this one just doesn't agree with mine. It's a shame, because I actually enjoyed Lady Gaga's first release, it was a nice juicy feminine fragance.

I really dislike this one even though the bottle is fabulous...

Cinnaminnie18
Cinnaminnie18

The thing about uni-sex perfumes is that they are never spot on. They are always too feminine or too masculine. I personally found this to be overwhelmingly like a hot man, in sweat, wearing a leather coat. I found it best suitable for a man to wear. Then again, Gaga has a knack for androgyny. And she pulls it off well! For that I must say I admire about her.

deinnorra
deinnorra

After trying a few fragrances on strips in Sephora, I got home and smelled them once again as usual. I just could not remember what this was. I was quite sure that I hadn't tried any Hermes fragrances but this strongly reminded me of this particular brand. I was surprised to realize that it was Eau de Gaga. And this is even friendlier to my nose compared to some of the Hermes ones. Nice surprise!

Jakemusic
Jakemusic

I have been waiting for this fragrance to be released in the USA for a while and was so happy to find it at Sears.com! When I first sprayed it smelt like a citrus masculine scent. I wasn't that big of a fan of the opening but then it changed to a white violet scent which I loved! This was my favorite and was more feminine. This stage lasted the longest which I loved! It then went down to a nice leather scent which was great. I was impressed with the changes and it smelt like 3 different fragrances!
Rating: 9.25/10 I was impressed with the scent and was much different and unique then regular scents. I would give it a 9.5 but it didn't last that long! I paid $28 for it at Sears and it is worth it's value! Highly recommend it!

hummingbird76
hummingbird76

For those of you looking, it can be purchased at Walgreens here in the States. I agree too that it smells of a modern, sophisticated green tea with a hint of smooth leather. If this is your cup of tea, no pun intended, enjoy.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

The opening of Eau de Gaga is like a citrus cologne and feels a bit synthetic. But it soon calms down into a slightly powdery green tea fragrance. This green tea note is quite lovely, not overly synthetic like some can be.

The lime is present, lending the green tea its peppery and aromatic aspect, but doesn't overpower it. The violet and leather are not very prominent on me, but they add more nuances to the green tea, and probably contribute to its slight powdery texture.

The sillage is relatively soft and the longevity is around 8 hours. I find Eau de Gaga relatively simple. But it has an understated elegance, which is not common in celebrity fragrances. I'd recommend it as a relatively affordable green tea fragrance.

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

در مورد این خانم جادوگر چه در محافل و یا در یک محل کاملا خصوصی ودوستانه وخانواده را خودش را بمانند مزه لیموئی در نظر شاخک های زبان چه احساس ترشی به شما دست می دهد و زمانی کوتاه خود را درون یک پیچش از دستکشی چرمی طرمی زیبا را با نگاه گناه آلود در نفس نخست به بیراه خواهد برد تا زمان بیاد ماندی از شیشه شیک خودثبت خواهد نمود

ChristopherK21

Kinda dissapointed... The USA promo for this perfume is basically nonexistent... It's already passed the "official release date" and there has not been one thing announced by Lady Gaga or her "Haus Laboratorty" group that she works with to promote her fragrances... And so far the only place available to purchase this fragrance is Sears where you can get a 1.0oz 30ml bottle for $34.

I have waited long enough... I would like for the biggest bottle size to be available or at least a gift set.... Not a fan of Gaga's promotional campaign this time around... It feels like she and her team don't care about the US release.

I hope this changes soon!

erica.andruscavage

Here in the states it was supposed to be released on January 15 but I cannot find it online or in stores anywhere. Can anyone let me know where I can find this? Been waiting a long time. Thanks!

Like the former reviewer I am pleasantly surprised by Eau de Gaga
It smells light and pleasant , a hint of citrus but light touch, it isn't a citrusy scent more a light spicy floral. I expected masculine and it isn't, it is more feminine in my opinion, with a refined violet undertone especially in the drydown.
I tried the Stella Mac Cartney Lily which is way harsher and spicier in my views!!
If I find it at a good price I might just ignore how much I dislike Gaga and buy it!!
I will add though that longevity isn't great, but it lingers on the skin...
In the end, overall too masculine for my taste

PerfumeManiac101
PerfumeManiac101

I got this fragrance today at Sears. And wow. Just wow. It is not what I had expected. Amazing. When you first spray it, you get a tea smell with a hint of citrus. When it goes into the fragrance more, you get that violet, and that brings out the feminine vibe to the fragrance. And then it slowly blends into s sexy woody leather ending. This is way better than Fame. Well done Gaga! 10/10!

nettoyant
nettoyant

Woody lime, with a touch of powdery leather with fairly short longevity and light silage. The wood is number one on the pyramid for me. It's there in the beginning and end along with lime. The leather is very mild, just enough. It's really powdery too so the violets are definitely in the fore.

It has that pencil shavings (ISO E super) thing going on which I don't mind at all. I can see why some don't find it soft and sweet enough to be "feminine". I personally find it perfectly unisex - wearable by any and everyone. I love the bottle! I've been wearing this early in the morning when I teach then within 4 hours it's gone and I use a more strong scent. Perfectly unique and mild, such a great celeb offering.

Nyssa Ainley
Nyssa Ainley

I had a sample of this sent through Feel Unique as I was curious about how Her Ladyship would have made a fragrance.

I tried to like it, I really did, and I have Fergies Outspoken which also has a Leather note to it so I am not against animalic, material notes in fragrance but I felt that this was too UNISEX for me.

Now, I love CK ONE a rather Uni fume, and I adore L'eau D'issey Pour Homme. But this was too masculine for me.

I guess I like the fresher scents but I just threw this one in the bin as even my dad thought it was too strong.

ikuone
ikuone

I just got a sample today... N i love it. Love the combination of leathery flower and woody in its blend. Simple and easy to recognize. It remind me of Oud Rose perfume.

rooa
rooa

This is a strong citrus perfume that gives me a sharp feeling after wearing it. It's strange but not masculine. I like the leather notes but here are barely noticeable.

NoirEternal
NoirEternal

Eau de GaGa 001

I'll start with the name, I love it.... there will be more to come from this line 001 being the introduction, gaga's private collection per say... I can't wait to see what other notes she focus on... 001 is centered around the "White Violet" floral

The Past fragrances it invokes: Christian Dior Fahrenheit, Tom Ford Neroli Portofino / Azure Lime, with a dash of Lady GAGA Fame

The Fragrance: I believe this fragrance contains a few more notes than the ones listed... 001 starts off with a blast of Neroli / Orange Blossoms lead by a sweet lime accord... that neroli accord is cold icy then a herbal note makes this neroli foggy / misty, this really stays throughout the fragrance... white violet brings a warm sensual softness which is deepened by the leather note but never loses the freshness of the neroli / lime combo, the sweetness is very reminiscent to Fame but very Toned down, less jammy / floral

but 001 is very Fahrenheit inspired just with neroli opening, if you own Fahrenheit this to me is just a really nude / sheer version... as Fahrenheit is fuller / heavier more floral per say.... just add neroli / lime keep the violet / leather and ditch the other notes, you have EAU DE GAGA 001

ADDITION: 001 is not your typical celeb fragrance for 1... that imaginary Neroli note won't appeal to teens even with the sweet lime note with the added leather / violet really takes this towards a different road versus the vanilla berry jammy fragrance the teens will eat up... this is definitely daring sells wise

t4x3
t4x3

My husband gave me the latest Chandler Burr Untitled Series for Christmas, so when I tried this perfume, I had no idea what I was wearing. I was sure it was a lime-based cologne with just a few ingredients and thought it might be a new Hermes as it reminded me of Jean Claude Ellena's Jardin series. Honestly, besides the lime blast at the beginning, I couldn't pick out any particular notes, but the whole smelled modern, fresh, and sophisticated. I decided it belonged to the class of newer, more abstract perfumes I had sampled at Saks and Nieman Marcus in Houston such as the recently released Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Soul line. While I see in the reveal that I was quite right about the small number of notes and the abstractness of the scent, I know I was equally wrong in equating this scent with a high-end department store line. It is, in fact, a surprising celebrity fragrance.

On me, this is a skin scent with amazing longevity of over 12 hours.

Hewlett
Hewlett

Bought this scent on sale on a danish website. Thought I would try it out, so I made a blind purchase (this scent is no where to be found in the shops, not even testers).

It opens with a strong citrus and smells very much like a cologne. Settles on the skin, but stays very fresh - I didnt get the leather note or maybe my nose just didnt catch it.

Way to strong for my personal liking - All I could think about when smelling it was that it is for men - and men only.

I smell nothing in this scent that makes it feminine and luckily my partner likes it, so it has now been passed on to him :) Probably as a summer fragrance.

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

Waverush, you can buy it at allbeauty.com

waverush
waverush

WHERE CAN I BUY THIS? There is no information anywhere - ANYWHERE - regarding where to purchase. I know US launch is in January, but there is very little information about that either. It is active in UK & Australia, but there is no place to buy it.

xionoula
xionoula

At start, smells like squeezing lime peels!! But in a dark green fond,with leather accords pushing to take their turn.

GregorAPBDH
GregorAPBDH

All my reviews are non biased so if I like the person behind the scent and I actually dislike the scent I would say so. After waiting for 2 years since fame left the Haus. We finally got the long awaited second fragrance from Mother Monster. This scent is built for both her male and female fans. I am male and I was more than happy to wear fame as I wear women's scents anyway but this is just amazing. The notes are perfect. This scent lasts for ages on my skin and I wore it to her concert in November. I sprayed it in the morning at about 7 am and got home at 1 am the next day and could still smell it on me. This is a great fragrance and I have a feeling 'Eau De Gaga 002' will be even better !! this gets a 10/10 from me. Paws up Lady Gaga and may the clock keep ticking until the next era, the next tour, the next set of amazing outfits and most of all the next perfume love you Mother Monster x

sparris
sparris

Slightly masculine-leaning take on Hermès Kelly Calèche/Coco Mad to my nose. The first few minutes are kind of obnoxious but it mellows out and comes together better, sort of a soapy leather type perfume. Not sure what to make of it yet...

Atticusalexis
Atticusalexis

Was anticipating this to be another disappointment after fame, which is something that i would expect it to rival the notoriety of Etat Libre D'Orange's secretions magnifique.Too tame and ordinary. This however is good, it is a good somewhat linear citrusy slightly sweet tea fragrance. I did not detect any leather, the powdery part yes. It is nowhere complex or intriguing but it is one of the better ones released as we approach the end of 2014. Plus point, reasonable price point, tasteful packaging. Would get it if i don't have fragrance that gives off similar vibe in my collection.

takeasniff
takeasniff

If you like Closer by Halle Berry or Hugo Boss Femme Nuit then you might like this. I don't mind it I wouldn't wear it because I am a bit over these type of scents like my fume to smell a stinger and sweeter at the moment but knowing me that will change in time to come.

Tiwalii
Tiwalii

Gagas Fame was a huge disappointment. I loved the bottle and the black liquid, but the scent was bland and way too mainstream.

This scent on the other hand is fascinating. Not in a complex way, but because it is so simple. Just four notes in a perfume is sort of brave. It can turn a scent into a one dimensional flat creation, or it can become sharp, crisp and somewhat avant garde. I think Eau de Gaga belongs in the avant garde-section, much like the lady herself.

The scent starts with an explosion of lime that qickly calms down into a fresh tea-like note. White violets joins the composition and gives the scent a pleasent, sensual and almost old fashioned feel. It could be just my association though. Violets make me think of ladies from the Victorian era.

Soft wood and a very pleasant and discrete leather note appear, and gives the perfume a slight masculine vibe. This is actually one of the most pleasant and discrete leather scents I have ever come across. I love the more intense and strong leathers also, but this is really a nice one.

Over all a very nice, fresh, but not too fresh, scent that stays close to the skin and lasts about7-8 hours. For me this is a typical daytime scent, soft and clean enough to be worn to work and throughout your daily chores.

I bought the smallest bottle of this (30 ml) as a blind buy. I think I have to get another bottle of this in a bigger size. I really enjoy wearing it. It's a nice variation from my usual oriental, dark and spicy scent favourites.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

Pfft....this just smells like lime juice and green tea. Fresh, airy and clean...sure, but it's not remotely interesting.

Anyone calling this "complex" needs their nose syringed.

allegro_barbaro
allegro_barbaro

This starts out very citrusy with little mint and fades quickly to green tea with a slight hint of leather. Yet another nondescript 'creation' from Ms.Gaga. Perhaps she is being ironic.

hedward
hedward

- Unfriendly stranger -

I do appreciate Gaga for her different take on celebrity fragrances but this doesn't work for me at all.

It's austere and unfriendly. Opens up green with a blast of unsweetened lime and dries down to a woodsy violet paired with animalic, cold and strikingly masculine cumin. Nice bottle though.

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

I actually like the bottle, It reminds me of "Coco Noir" by Chanel (but in a cheapier way).

The scent is OK, but it's to much "citrus" going on.
I will wear it during the summer.

I like this one better then Gaga's other scent which (for me) was a fiasco, but she still could have done it better, in my opinion.

FinnL.101
FinnL.101

Lady GaGa has finally announced her long awaited 2nd fragrance Eau De Gaga after a 2 year gap since her last fragrance, Fame, released in August of 2012.

When announced I must admit I was extremely disappointed with the packaging, both the bottle and the box, as at first sight they both seemed extremely lazy and boring. I felt as if she could have put a little more effort in the designing of it. As I have smelt it and come to know and understand the concept a little better this , my opinion has slowly become more favourable. I have finally come to understand what Gaga was trying to achieve and communicate: a simplistic, elegant design, very reminiscent of extremely iconic designer fragrances such as Chanel No 5.

This fragrance has always been marketed as a unisex fragrance but to be honest I don't know how a girl could wear this! It is extremely masculine without a feminine trace to be found. This cologne (which I will now call it for the rest of the reviews) is riddled with squeezes of lime which slowly become more calm and comforting as the fragrance wears down while the leather note slowly creaks in for its five seconds of fame supporting that same vibe. Finally, we get the woodsy notes which leaves you with a generic comforting aroma which is very light on the nose.

All in all it is a very chic, eligant, mature fragrance which probably would suite most of your teen celebrity fans but surtsnly will support the more masculine person that be man or woman. Hopefully in terms of packaging we can see something a little more adventurous.

erica.andruscavage

This is supposed to be in the US in January. I'm looking forward to it because the prices I've seen online are outrageous, plus I would have to wait for it to ship from overseas. Reading a lot of great reviews.

ignatius94
ignatius94

Smells like tea; half-lime, half-leather. Not a typically pleasant scent but more of an acquired taste. Disappointed by a Gaga fragrance again.

ChristopherK21

Living in the US, This fragrance has not been officially released here yet, so trying to find it is next to impossible, and when searching for it, I can only find it for rediculously high prices of $100+ ... So I am pretty desperate to have a bottle. :( If anyone has it and want to get rid of a bottle and would be willing to send me it, I would love you! Message me if anyone is interested!

Eau de Gaga 001 is a generous blast of lime, with a few mildly detectable supporting notes. While I don’t find it enigmatic, sensual or primal, as the description suggests, I do find it fresh and citrusy, and a pleasant change from my usual lineup. I find the scent to be mostly linear, lasting about two hours where it is noticeable. After that, it slowly fades and becomes mildly noticeable for about another two hours. This smells traditionally more masculine than feminine, but I do like it on myself.

spidola
spidola

Eau de Gaga is good day-time cologne. It’s not sweet or cozy or perfumery, but it’s fresh, uplifting and different among the huge quantity of caramel-sweet offerings of last times. I smell mostly lime and woods with light hint of leather. Linear and simple. It’s suitable for gym, in office, outdoors, everywhere and any time... absolutely unisex...and the bottle is gorgeous!

Silage moderate, longevity 5 hours

Lucida
Lucida

I haved mixed feelings about the perfume itself. I do believe that the more it stays on the skin the better. A feminine fragrance but in a very masculine way and vice verse.
The bottle is an absolute mastepiece. Elegant, bold, sophisticated, simple. I would never use these words for Lady Gaga but then again they could perfectly describe Ms.Germanotta.

Cinnamon1970
Cinnamon1970

Miffy8900, totally agree on Chanel Cristalle and Dior resemblance!

lennylu
lennylu

Starts with a fresh blast of lime cologne (almost 4711-like), and settles into a pleasant leather woody minty tea. Good longevity, average projection, definitely more masculine than feminine. Much thanks to Tyler for the generous giveaway sample!

nitschevo
nitschevo

Very nice scent in my book. The leather is soft and clean and the woods white and bright - but both notes are holding their ground. The lime adds freshness but that's balanced out quite nicely by the violet, which also adds a creamy, flowery note to the scent. No sugary sweetness here folks.
Good job Lady Gaga & Team!

mabelcruet
mabelcruet

I sampled this whilst waiting in the pharmacy for a prescription. I'm kind of vaguely aware of Lady Gaga but I've not really paid much attention to her. Anyway, the bottle caught my eye-its really very elegant and simple. Top notes to me were lime and citrus-it definitely reminded me of 4711 cologne. It settled down after about 20 minutes to celery-proper green crunchy celery! Sharp, fresh, no fruit or sweet notes-it was definitely more masculine as time wore on. The leather came in late after about an hour, and by then it was a fairly nondescript masculine woody note. It was OK, not a scrubber, but I wouldn't go further than that. It lasted about 3 hours on me, and sillage is very soft.

Edit-forgot the mint! At the same time I was sensing celery, there was also a hint of mint, but I don't see it on the notes. It was very 'green tea' like.

This is only based on one quick squirt though, on a cold and wet day. Maybe its more of a summertime fragrance.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I'm stunned at how good this is, fame was so nasty, but this one is the complete reverse. A beautiful fresh lime opening, which dries down to an almost leathery minty tea, it is fantastic. Bottle is really smart too, got about 9 hours from it, impressive.

mjdancer83
mjdancer83

I love the sparkling lime opening...probably the only fragrance I've tried where I actually like that type of opening. After the initial burst, I get something almost tea-like, similar to Burberry The Beat. The leather and woods come in after it's been on my skin for a while, making it a little darker...a nice contrast to the bright opening. Very nice scent overall, and I wouldn't mind owning a full bottle (love the sleek, simple style of that as well!)

Sharks
Sharks

Initially this opens as a refreshing, effervescent lime soda. It then morphed to a soft leather. On the dry down, I am smelling a soft, tea like scent as mentioned below. Overall, a very sophisticated, elegant fragrance!

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

Initially, it smells like key lime tree/leaf. It's very natural and fresh. After a while I get the leather note and the dry down is very woody, unisex. Light fragrance that is modern and classy. It's a versatile fragrance. Very impressed. The perfume lasts on me for about 4-5 hours. If you want a citric scent that is good for day and night, for hot and cold days, I recommend you try this!

pinnock22
pinnock22

This really smells nothing like light blue. trust me ive worn LB for 2 years...

ALEXAJOVCIC
ALEXAJOVCIC

I tried it yesterday and I was so happy to see it on the shelf! And I gotta say I really really like it! The scent is timeless because of it's simplicity. The first time I smelled it it bursts with lime and It smells like a really good (i repeat really good) cologne. But then it goes into a nice sweet lemonade which makes it for man and woman. Perfect balance between having an non-winning argument If it's more for woman or man. After some time, It gets warm with leather! and somehow, then it started to smell like fame, but more for man and I don't know why. But I love the freshness of it and then the warmth of leather and that grassy feel. The bottle is simple because the main point of this fragrance is to be timeless and unisex. Simple timeless unisex bottle with simple unisex smell. And I GOTTA say, the smell reminds me A LOT of Bleu de Chanel!

evacecilias
evacecilias

Tried this on strip the other day....
Very different from her first scent and I like this more.
First thought that came to mind was L'eau de Cartier original.
That watery violet fresh smell.
I really never tried it on skin so I have to get back for a full review.
To me , that bottle does not match the scent...
I just wanted to share my first thought so you guys can get an idea of it!
At least my idea of it...

jdokicfan
jdokicfan

Picked this up today as it's finally available in Australia.

The opening is a blast of lime and violet which is quite pretty and feminine but also very unisex, which is what the fragrance is marketed as.

Once it settles the woods come through and you get a very nice Woody, Leather scent with the florals from the Violet.

I do get that sort of Tea like scent on me after it settles for a bit like others have mentioned.

It's nothing amazingly special but i think it's quite different to most other celeb scents and i love that its marketed as unisex. I think this one is going to be really great for hot summer nights here in Australia.

Jomoves
Jomoves

I wasn’t a fan of her first fragrance – great bottle, dull fragrance – but was looking forward to this one. It definitely seems that even Coty doesn’t have that much faith in this release (Or Lady G’s status as a commercially viable personality) as it’s received minimal advertising and next to no fanfare. With her first scent the advertising was off the charts! This seems to be modelled on Beckham fragrances, both inside and out. The bottle is a black version of one of VB’s fragrances and the juice could easily be one of DB’s summer releases, at least at first spray. But it does get better, and that citrus burst gives way to a nice leathery, sharp but soft scent that reminds me in some ways of Jo Malone’s London Rain trio of fragrances.

Not a must buy, but definitely on the will buy when the price drops list.

Isobela
Isobela

Initial blast is pungent watery citrus, which smells cheap like air freshener and does not bode well. However, after the drydown starts to settle in (which thankfully is almost imediate) it has a bit of a turn around. It settles into a very pleasant leathery smell infused with a powdery Iris. This actually must be the violet note, but is more like Iris on me. This combination of leather and powdery Iris type smell with absoluetly no sweetness or vanilla, is along the lines of chanel no 19 or rive gauche and is right up my ally. Both of which I adore, obviously this is not as complex as those two beauties, nor in the same class of quality but never the less quite pleasing to my nose.

During roughly the middle stage you can get a hint of her original perfume (minus the sweetness) before it quickly deepens on the leather. Lasting power is not huge unfortunatly. All in all this one has definite potential, the real downside is the not so pleasant initial stage, this does not completely ruin the experience though as it is so fleeting. I like the fact that this is a departure from those extremely sweet berry patchouli type celeb scents that are so popular, I'm hoping this might mark this beginning of the end of that trend. They are nice enough and all but I think their time is over, I've become bored of them, and they are so darn strong. Unfortunatly I think they may reign supreme for a bit longer as I already see this on serious discount and it is only just realeased here!

All in all better than her first one and shows definite potential, though personally I would like a bit more complexity but that leather note is divine. Also, I give lady Gaga points for not producing a berry sugar, squeaky clean 'patchouli' sweet bomb! :)

TylerTremallose
TylerTremallose

I absolutely love this so much more than The Fame.
Starts off as such a nice citrus smell. A bit refreshing and sparkling.
As it develops, it evolves into a beautiful woody/leathery scent. Not strong leather, just a bit that makes it nice. The violet in it also puts a nice floral touch on it.

Not long lasting as I wish it could be and not very strong either. Quite light with two sprays.

As mentioned above, I also do get a tea note after it settled. Smells quite nice to me.

I also do prefer this bottle over the previous one. It looks expensive.

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

I love Lady Gaga, but I didn't like her fordet fragrance , Fame. It was to sweet and mainstream, somehow, and most certainly not as outstanding as it was hyped up to be. So i was a bit hesitant when I met this one , and tried it on. First it was a screechy lemon blast that reminded me of mens cologne. But after a few minutes it became softer , but still citrussy, but a classy and deep citrus, such as Chanel Cristalle or Dior Escale á series. After half an hour it became even better - more sweet and creamy, but still zingy and lemony. Not as lemon custard , more bitter and non-foody/gourmand. It reminds me of french lemondrops in a tin can I got from my Grandmothers purse as s child. It has a vintage touch to it , but still in a modern way. Same style as the Tocca perfumes. Sometimes when wearing it , I get a reminiscense of Jessica Simpson Vintage Bloom, which also has the same lemon in it. Eau de Gaga is more masculine, but I can't see a man wearing it.
I love the bottle - sleek and elegant - and the newest of the Black Bottle series :P Like Coco Chanel Noir and Tom Ford , the black bottles look fancy and classy. I am not really sure if the bottle matches the juice. Personally , I think it would have suited the fragrance much better to be in a heavy facetted vintage style glass bottle maybe in darl green , with a poof spray atomizer with a tassle. Dita von Teese style. But that's just my opinion.

The scent is beautiful , and the bottle is nice and very Gaga. And it is affordable! Think it will be a xmas gift hit. Well done Lady Gaga .

Dodgy
Dodgy

I tried this this afternoon and, actually, it's quite pleasant. Its not powerful, but it IS an eau, it is persisting quite well, though. A nice simple violet on the skin, once the initial, slightly ersatz, 4711 moment is over.

Complex is not always the best.

GabriCookies
GabriCookies

First of all I would like to point out that I like Lady Gaga's first fragrance "Fame". It was somewhat complex and unusual, even though way too sweet.

I tried Eau De Gaga thinking it would be even more sophisticated and I was hoping in something very Tom Ford-esque (the packaging, the unisex factor etc.).

But dare I say it?
Hand sanitizer.
This is the most basic citrus fragrance I've ever smelled. I can't believe someone was paid to create this scent. It is a likable scent, if you are looking for a pine car freshener, but I can't see how a human would want to wear this.

fuzzybutt59
fuzzybutt59

Was tempted to buy a 30ml as it was on special offer,must say I'm quite impressed.Much nicer than the vile "Fame"-Yuk!.
Reminds me of the smokey cherry nuances of Azzaro "Elixir" or Van Gils "Live".
More of a keep it in the handbag to freshen up fragrance,than to wear on a night out on the pull!
For the little money it's being offered at,this is well worth it.
A good blend of fruity/leather notes,with a hint of violet?
I like it,but doubt if I would ever buy it again,unless it was on special offer.

Alison Wonderland
Alison Wonderland

My local chemist had a tester of Eau de Gaga today, and I bravely sprayed it on my wrist and a card.

I say "bravely" as I really disliked Fame, Gaga's first scent, but have learned by now to never judge a perfume by its label, "face" or celebrity.

On opening, I was hit with a blast of sour pineapple juice. That was the literal smell I felt, mixed with musk. Quite harsh and I didn't like at all.

On the card, however, I smelled lime mixed with quite nice violet and woods.

About 20-30 mins later when the scent calms down on my skin, the sour pineapple/BO blast goes away and I get the lime and leather notes. Its a LOT better than the initial opening, but just not working at all with my chemistry. I now smell like a stereotypical dominatrix sipping a margarita. The lime is just way too harsh and sour on me.

Yet on the card, the lime and leather are blended quite nicely actually with the violet and woods, while on my skin I get no violet or woods at all, and a screeching over-the-top lime. Boo.

This is not a scent I would generally go for, as I am more of a gourmand/floral girl, and have generally shied away from leather notes too. But I have experienced amazing use of citrus in perfume, so I approached this with an open mind. The bottle itself is very classic and elegant, reminiscent of a Chanel perfume, not at all alien-esq or tacky like her first fume. But Chanel is Chanel, and as we all know a flanker does not a perfume make.

But I digress. Just because I personally don't like the leather note and the horrible opening/screeching lime note on my skin, the violet and woods I smell on the card redeems this a tiny bit in my eyes. Just because its not my cup of tea doesn't mean it can't be yours, if you can stand the strong lime note and it works on your chemistry.

I am disliking it less the more it dries down, but is still not love or even strong like from me. There are just so many better frags out there, that actually smell magical on my skin. Shame as the dry-down on the card of floral violets and powder with lime is actually pretty interesting.

Oh well, can't win them all! For my fellow Fragrance lovers, I would definitely recommend testing this or else buying a sample before shelling out for a FB.

1 1/2 out of 5 for me, the 1 is for the bottle and the 1/2 for the dry down on the card versus my skin.

lilywhite13
lilywhite13

This scent smells exactly like a hand sanitizer, I think it's the lime effect.

Terrible, longevity and sillage are very very poor so much so 20 min after I tested I could smell barely the white violet and 1 hour later it was all gone.

This smells so interesting. I love violet and I like how I can sense it in this perfume.
Who would have known this is an unisex scent! I sure as hell didn't notice.
I like the simplicity of this composition, I can smell all the notes and my nose doesn't get confused.
Very elegant packaging for the celebrity perfume!
Interesting, sexy and mysterious!

Tiger84
Tiger84

I would'ven ever thought that I would see a sturdy black (by Kilian-like) bottle... with the word EAU on it. I must smell this just for this reason!
Marketing it for unisex is another big good point in my book, so it just became a must smell.

szilvihorv
szilvihorv

This is so much more than the listed notes let the audience expect. Eau de Gaga is probably the most underrated celebrity fragrance at the moment. Beside the distinct notes of lime, white violet, leather and woods, it also smells herbal to me, a bit of mint here and a bit of tea there... Can't decide whether I smell earl grey or green tea but whichever it is it's gorgeous. And then there's just that bit smelling like soft roses. Wonderful.

Eau de Gaga smells like a gorgeous garden after rain, with loads of herbal plants and violets and roses with a shot of sparkly citrus in the opening. Rich and fresh, and the leather gives it a nice depth that distinguishes it from other fresh florals in the market. As it dries down it sweetens a little, and also the woodiness comes forward.

Longevity is surprisingly good, 6-8 hours easily.

Rianna
Rianna

Had a little spray on my wrist yesterday. Couldn't stop sniffing it on my cardigan today and had to buy a bottle. I love it, it's clean and fresh and is totally different to anything I've smelt before. It is quite addictive and perfect when you're fed up with your florals. It's not too harsh like some of the more masculine/ladies fragrances and lasts for ages. If it wafts past you you're going to want to smell it again. It drys down into a blend of I don't know what but I just can't stop smelling it. Very clean, and expensive smelling.

MooivanKoosje
MooivanKoosje

O my Gosh! I'm totally in Love. This perfume is unisex but ultimate sexy. Herbal but warm and sweet. I'v bought in in Germany because it isn't availeble at the moment in the Dutch. When you like niche perfumes give it a try. And a men or woman who's waring this is defenillaty a "little monster" :-)

kl99
kl99

Nice. Basical. Reminescence of many others. NOI Missoni? Monsieur Balmain? Cant say exactly. Recall fragrances of the 90s.. and hair spray no gas of that era.
Weareable unoffensive.
Packaging is simply the egg of Columbus.

rickpoison
rickpoison

So I finally tried this out, very masculine scent to be honest but not really that heavy. Silage is at least on my skin few centimeters at start and then sits close to skin.Longevity is pretty poor on me, 3+ hours at best. Fame was much more long lasting but if you didn't like that heavy sweet scent this maybe more 'it' for you :) It opens with lime scent, but not the one of lime juice or fruit but more of a peel scent, it's a citrus lime scent but a bit more bitter and piccant. There is a strong scent of leather in the opening too. Heart of the perfume starts with toned down lime and violet scent, but once again this is not the synthetic candy like violet, it smells like the flower scent mixed with the smell of the whole plant, it's pretty herbal.The base is surprisingly the sweetest part of this perfume even tough this is everything-but-sweet type of scent :) the woody notes mixed with very soft violet scent and pretty aromatic leather give you this kind of weird musky sweetness. The lime is not present in the base. I would say this scent is citrus-herbal with a hint of floral and woody notes, but it's not really a forest scent. It kind of reminds me of Greece or Itally and the basil aroma and fresh limes and grapefruits on the wooden tables, it's quite mediterranean scent.I liked fame more but I really love this one :)

gaz525
gaz525

What a let down, basic citrus smell reminiscent to something Calvin klein esque,weak and watery with a slight musk undertone. Just boring and nothing special and the gorgeous packaging suggests something dark and mysterious (as did her last one) but unfortunately just a light whispy fragrance reveals itself. Still love here just not this fragrance,May purchase in a few months when it's a tenner

TakeABiteOfMe
TakeABiteOfMe

It's something really strange, even if it doesn't seem.
First of all the packaging is pure luxe. It's elegant and sober, nothing violent or shocking. It seems a bottle of an expensive niche perfume, or the bottle of Coco Noir by CHANEL.

I tried this perfume on my skin and on a mouillette, and the result is completely different.
The top is the same more or less in both: sparkling, fresh and sharp.
But the development is completely different.
On the mouillette the perfumes transforms itself in something that reminds me of tea leafs, something fresh and a bit grassy/exotic, very interesting.

On my skin it smells sensually flowery, but not a classic flowery perfum. It's more musky, it's more a skin perfume, something that simply exalts the natural smell of our skin. It's sexy in a very discrete way.

It's perfectly wearable for both genders, a perfume for everyone.

lizzie81
lizzie81

ok so I got my hands on this today, what a disapointment it was! I had hoped this might finally be the daring and unique perfume I had expected with her first release but alas, to me this smelled like generic cheapish mens cologne. Yes this one leans more on the traditional 'masculine' line of smells, which incidently I don't mind at all but it isn't one of the best men's colognes I've tried, not unique.

This to me is like her first one (rather weak and watery) with the sweetness omitted and a dash of lime and lynx added instead. Maybe my expectations are just completely off when it comes to Gaga's perfumes, but I see those crazy outfits and well thought out, clever persona and I assume her perfume will be unique and strong.

Tbh I'm not sure this will appeal to most women and if you do happen to be a chick who loves her 'masculine' fragrances you could find an awful lot better......thierry mugler, guicci, burberry etc or on the celebrity side David Beckhams' perfumes smell great.

PerfumeKing14
PerfumeKing14

Ok so as a lover of Lady Gaga & I was pleased when I found out this was being released. I got my bottle today before release as I pre orderd it online & wow is it different. It's not 'celebrity' at all, if anything it feels more designer to my nose. The lime & leather really stand out for me & I love that. It's fresh, almost like a mojito cocktail (the lime) but the leathery scent to makes it nice & cool, It does smell kinda like cologne by Thierry mugler (I have that) but Eau De Gaga is much nicer to me & lasts a lot longer. I need to stress though I think personally this is one you should smell before buy as It's completely different to fame. Fame is miles better in my opinion though.

cicciosam
cicciosam

Eau De Gaga ...

- First of all she did not any publicity or launch .. =(

- Second I went to smell it and I absolutely don't find it original .

- I think I have smelled it elsewhere ...

- It is completely diffrend from fame .
With fame i felt in love with sweet fragrance and not citrus.

- I really don't care...And i really don't like it ...FAME is more original .

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

I'm in love with Eau de GaGa no1. This is gorgeous in a non- in your face kind of way. It's very well made and works in harmony with my body chemistry. I don't get the whole mint/lime bomb that everyone is talking about, I'm definately feeling the violet in this.

It's elegant, unassuming and definately unisex. This is going to be nice in the fall with the cold weather coming in.

I've only as this an hour and I'm getting compliments already. Can't wait for the next in the line.

carlsx
carlsx

It's like CK One. A nice fragrance for every day but nothing special. Bottled like prive or private blend but the scent is rather generic.

IlGurudelProfumo
IlGurudelProfumo

Eau de Gaga is an elegant fragrance... At the first moment my reaction was: oh my god it smells so bad ( mint mixed lime) but in a second moment it becomes more woody and extremely sensual, the white violet is very very aphrodisiac. I love the soft sweet touch in the base notes given by the fava tonka. This fragrance was launched as unisex fragrance, but I think it's more a masculine fragrance. This fragrance has a moderate/soft sillage but it last many hours ( 8+)

ChristopherK21

Where do you guys think the the best place is for someone who lives in the USA to buy this early? Ebay?

Riverwide
Riverwide

Extremely similar to Thierry Mugler Cologne, so if you're a fan of that, you may like this. It has that citrus, grassy, slightly minty vibe, with some wood thrown into the mix. Certainly very different from her first, incredibly sweet fragrance The Fame. Nicely done!

braen80
braen80

I got it today, pretty glass, I thought the name of the EU GAGA BUT then something special, expanded, and drops were disappointed, spicy floral elements reminiscent .1,2 .. it smells .. easy for wear. I expected more but the NO1. and it has preferred the persistence of masculine beauty .

Diorius
Diorius

Check #HausLaboratories, EdG is available from 1st September in Europe ;) so don't think of 17th Sept.

mapache
mapache

Available in USA January 15th 2015

Malibu
Malibu

Eau De Gaga applies with a musky leather accord, and as it settles down the leather accord develops fully and combines with the long notes of lime. I expected the violet to be predominant, given the official description, but on me the leather accords and lime that take centre stage. There is a hint of green leafy florals, but they aren’t strong enough for me to separate.

After a few hours the dark florals in the heart of the fragrance develop fully; I don’t know what different florals have been used here, but the Eau De Gaga’s heart reminds me of Illumasqua’s Freak, so maybe belladonna is in here like it is also in Freak (and also in Fame)? There is also something mossy and earthy, but it doesn’t seem łike patchouli to me.

After several hours the violet comes through on my skin, and leads the salty musk into the woody base. I can’t seperate the types of wood used and desribe them fully, but I really, really like the rich base.

Although Eau De Gaga goes close to the skin after several hours, the Longevity is excellent for a mass-market Coty release; it averages at around eight hours wear on me.

If I'm being honest I do prefer Fame to this as I think it's easier to wear, but I've largely gotten to the point where I'm bored with constantly smelling sweet fruits, powdery florals, vanilla etc on myself and others, so the clean, uncluttered and leaning-towards-the-masculine-side-of-unisex Eau De Gaga is a refreshing change.

I think that, like Fame, Eau De Gaga is going to be a love or hate it fragrance as it is so different from the usual celebrity scent, but I must applaud the makers for thinking outside of the box with this - it’s very well made and smells much more expensive than it is. Stronger, unisex fragrances can make my migraines worse, but so far so good with this - it’s perfect for colder, wetter weather.

kareembrightman
kareembrightman

One have just offered me to it, this is a perfume more delicate, deeper and more worked than "FAME".. The packaging and the bottle make very Luxurious. As for the scent he even it is unisex. A man can wear it just as much than a woman. It is lightning and brilliant while having a part of shadow and mystery. I did not smell the violet although it is effectively powdered but nevertheless it is powdered slightly and not abundantly as can be it Guerlain Fragrance.This is a perfume for a young and ambitious person is. Only bad mark: the longevity !!! It does not like a lot but leaves an imprint on the skin rather light as some... tea.

In French :

On viens de me l'offrir, c est un parfum plus délicat, plus profond et plus travaillé que "FAME" .. Le packaging et la bouteille font très Luxueux. Quant au parfum lui même il est unisex. Un homme peut tout autant le porter qu'une femme. Il est solaire et lumineux tout en ayant une part d'ombre et de mystère. Je n'ai pas senti la violette bien qu'il soit effectivement poudré mais néanmoins il est poudré légèrement et non pas copieusement comme peut l'être un Guerlain. C est un parfum pour une personne jeune et ambitieuse. Seul mauvaise note : Le sillage !!! Il ne tient pas beaucoup mais laisse une empreinte sur la peau assez légère comme du thé.

blueviolet
blueviolet

Very aromatic, very lime and kinda....basil?
Reminds me of something....been racking my brains but can't put my finger on it.
There is noooo sweetness or, unfortunately any powder. It's more herbal and that's it, slightly woody towards the end. Different, in a market full of sugar sweets this is a little different.
Don't think it's for me tho.

CatherineLaundon
CatherineLaundon

I just bought my bottle of Eau de Gaga today from The Fragrance Shop UK. The perfume isn't supposed to launch here until the 17th September 2014 but the shop assistant sold me a 30ml bottle anyway!

Eau de Gaga is the new eau de parfum from Lady Gaga and the Haus Laboratories. The perfume comes in 30ml, 50 ml and 75ml. I had hoped to buy the 50ml but as the perfume hasn't been officially released yet, the store didn't have its full stock in. However, I'm not complaining, i got to buy it early!

This perfume looks a lot less conspicuous than Fame did. No alien claw/egg here. Instead the packaging is sleek and adult. The bottle is made of solid glass and looks and feels substantial. As someone who was/is a big fan of Fame, i must confess i wasn't wholly sold on the packaging for that one, as i didn't believe it gave a good impression of the scent within, which was actually quite sweet. No black fluid here either, it's just the outside of the bottle that's painted black.

So, onto the scent- My first impressions upon spraying this perfume onto my wrists was of the citrus scent coming through. Although it's not in the notes, Earl Grey tea is listed as one of the ingredients (this perfume contains over 30 natural ingredients including oakmoss, bergamot and patchouli) and this is very prominent on my skin. Seriously, I can not get over how much this perfume smells like slightly-watery tea!

The rest of the opening is very fresh (mint) and definitely gives off an 'I-just-stepped-out-of-the-shower' vibe. I was beginning to feel a little disappointed at the tea-smell, however after letting the perfume waft for 10 minutes the middle notes started to come through.

The middle notes bring forward the white violet scent. White violet is the strongest smelling flower in the violet family. The opening citrusy tea doesn't go away fully but fades somewhat into the background to be overcome by the violet making, to my nose, a much pleasanter smell. This stage lasts around 30-40 minutes on my skin.

The base of this perfume is cool leather and sandalwood. The leather note is actually quite accurately depicted here, unlike in some other fragrances. This is my favourite part of the fragrance. The citrus and mint notes seem to permeate throughout this scent and they're still present in the base however, now they have darkened somewhat. I get quite strong whiffs of leather and woodsy notes here and there, making this fragrance smell surprisingly sophisticated.

*A little trick I've learnt, is that this perfume along with Fame really reacts to heat. If you apply it to your wrists and then rub them, the fragrance will skip most of the opening and go straight in at the leather notes. So if the tea-smell puts you off, try this! The same also applies to the sweetness of Fame.*

One criticism i have about this perfume though, is that the notes could be stronger. The silage here is moderate (to about an arm's length away) which is nice, but the combination of the actual notes themselves makes them come across as a little weak, if that makes sense. Okay, so fresh citrus scents aren't really known for their potency but seeing as how Fame was such a heavy scent (especially for a celeb fragrance), i must confess that i was expecting something that packed a bit more of a punch than this does. It's a little weak for me, however if you found Fame to be headache-inducing, Eau de Gaga is spectacularly different! The transition between each of the three phases is subtle and so some people have complained that this scent is too linear, but they just need to get their noses in and take a great big sniff!

Eau de Gaga is marketed as a unisex fragrance, aimed for "the adventurous woman and the man who loves her" according to the tagline. I think this is accurate. In my opinion this is definitely a more masculine fragrance. There are some moments in the middle, when that white violet comes into play, that the scent becomes more feminine, but overall this *will* take an adventurous woman to pull it off! I am a woman and personally i quite like and am quite willing to wear this fragrance but i know many women who will be put off by the manliness of it! This is not your typical cheap fruity-floral tweenage girl scent.

On the other hand, for the gents who complained that Fame was too girly for them (it was, Fame was not a unisex fragrance despite some early marketing claims) this might just be the answer to their prayers.

I also would question the decision to release this perfume during the autumn/winter season. The freshness of this perfume along with the citrus notes to me, would be better suited to warmer weather as it is a cool, almost-but-not-quite aquatic scent, like for around springtime. However, perhaps the more masculine nature of this scent means that for the women, wearing it during the colder months stops it from becoming too oppressive. Men should probably wear this during spring/summer though.

That's all i have to say on this first impressions review of Eau de Gaga. I will update to give its full longevity when i've worn it around for a bit. Overall, this is an interestingly different fragrance from what i normally buy. It has it's drawbacks, but i think i am really beginning to like the sexy masculinity of this perfume. This is the scent of the strong, assertive woman who's not afraid to take a few risks. It's definitely the most masculine scent in my collection! It's almost the total opposite to everything Fame was, and although i'm not sure that this has knocked Fame off my No.1 spot just yet, I am looking forward to spending more time trying this scent out and getting to know its composition better.

*UPDATED FOR LONGEVITY*
Full longevity is around 8-9 hours on my skin. Amazing. For comparison, Fame was around 6 hours.

louisminaj
louisminaj

This is such a weak, dull, boring fragrance. Fame wasn't anything special but this one is just stupidly bad. The fragrance is more masculine then anything, it's very heavy in lime in my opinion, which is not good as I Dont like the smell of lime! The fragrance is very been there done that. The longevity is so dire as well, lasted all of an hour on me and I didn't enjoy any of it. I would advise to give this a miss.

Slaymaster
Slaymaster

I had the opportunity to sample this at an event recently and it was amazing. The longevity was okay, though I didn't get to try the fragrance properly. This is definitely a unisex fragrance, rather masculine if anything.
I really do recommend it and can't wait to buy

shasta
shasta

Judging by the shape of the bottle, I see she tried to up her perfume game. Good for her because that egg and claw shaped monstrosity was just that- a monstrosity.

auroramaria
auroramaria

It seems quite sophisticated although I'm not sure about the lime violet combo.
The leather and woody notes seem like a nice base.
I'm eager to see what Gaga did with this new scent I'm not too fond of unisex fragrances anyway let's wait and see.

SzekelyEmoke
SzekelyEmoke

Lime and violets... I can see it not being long lasting at all and a bit boring. But I am eager to purchase it even though, as I love Gaga! :)

clickingpenguin
clickingpenguin

It's just a black rectangular bottle with a rectangular top. I think it's hilarious that people are accusing her of ripping off other bottle designs.

Belladonna000
Belladonna000

Looks interesting! And, it's literally a black rectangular bottle. Enough with the unnecessary comparisons.

Bazil Tarmizi
Bazil Tarmizi

Just grab Victoria Beckham Signature perfume bottle and dip it in black paint . There you go Eau De Gaga .

ChristopherK21

I am anxiously awaiting this perfume as well, but in a good way! It has been 2 years since Lady Gaga released her first fragrance named "FAME" and I can honestly say that I truly enjoyed that fragrance. In fact, it is one of my favorite that I own. I am a 21 year old male, and I am looking forward to the fact that Gaga is going to be releasing a unisex fragrance. I think that this will be a positive opportunity for Gaga to brand herself. I also do not own a lot of unisex/male scents, as I find them all to smell pretty similar. I am anxious to see if Gaga will put out something unique for unisex use.

Something else that I love from the promotional photos is that I find this bottle to be similar to Chanel No 5's bottle, which is a classy iconic shape.

I am definitely looking forward and will buy a bottle of Gaga's new fragrance, as a fan, and a perfume lover!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lady Gaga Eau de Gaga 001 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Lady Gaga Eau de Gaga 001, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau de Gaga 001 by Lady Gaga. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau de Gaga 001 by Lady Gaga represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.