Designers » L » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Eau de Lalique Lalique for women and men

Eau de Lalique Lalique for women and men
dislike

Eau de Lalique Lalique for women and men Pictures Eau de Lalique Lalique for women and men Pictures

Eau de Lalique by Lalique is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for women and men. Eau de Lalique was launched in 2003. Eau de Lalique was created by Emilie (Bevierre) Coppermann and Jean-Claude Ellena. Top notes are mandarin orange, pimento, bergamot, garden dill, cardamom and lemon; middle notes are cinnamon, hibiscus and freesia; base notes are sandalwood, musk, benzoin and guaiac wood.

Mandarin Orange Pimento Bergamot Garden Dill Cardamom Lemon

Cinnamon Hibiscus Freesia

Sandalwood Musk Benzoin Guaiac Wood

Quince Mint & Moss
Eau Parfumee au The Blanc

Eau de Lalique Fragrance Reviews

diego.lesgart
diego.lesgart

Tonic and fresh and then mute to dry ... very similar to Au Thee Blanch by Bulgari ... Very anise ...

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

Smelling this straight from the bottle I was unimpressed, but when it settled on my skin I fell in love with it. The mixture of citrus, cardamom and dill gives a bright green herbal tone, the hibiscus and freesia add a touch of sweetness but sacrifice none of the freshness. This one stays green all the way through the woody drydown. The longevity is much better than I expected, about 6 hours on me, the sillage is moderate - and the bottle is beautiful.

czerwinski1
czerwinski1

This fragrance it has the best projection in hot weather, whole day. Kept in clomate of Jardin by Hermes. Worth cognize :)

Takeshi
Takeshi

My very first Lalique. "It's not pickle juice!" Someone might be saying that wearing this eau. Personally, I think there's nothing wrong in thinking like that. This makes me think of a herb garden in your back yard and a tiny cozy kitchen while you're thinking about your lunch or whatever. Dill, pimento,Freesia,,,and Jean-Claude Ellena, you mix 'em up in a pot and voila! You get Eau de Lalique. Sourness and vegetable feel all the way through. There's no carrot in this, and it's very important to me, because I don't like to smell/eat that.

Is this unisex? That is a good question. I can't say for sure that this is for either sex perticularly unlike other unisex frags. Maybe. As a man, I wore this last year and used up a 50ml bottle, I quite enjoyed the experience. (got another 100ml bottle which will be opened soon) To me, this has a lot of food ingredients in the notes and that is genderless, I even salivated sometimes. That being said, this is probably made with women's sensitivity in mind, perhaps?

Edit: Let me add something here as well, for some reasons, this bottle never disappoints, I even considered buying a 200ml bottle on top of almost full 100ml, this is a herb garden by JCH magic, if you have like a bit of culinary brain cells, this might hit the spot. And also I liked old review by someone, who got a great compliment at a library. I'm typing this on my profile page so I'm not seeing it right now, but this is truly a good bottle to own IMHO. Different taste than many of other summer bottles, not boring in any sense, give it a shot if you got a chance.

Mango Plantation
Mango Plantation

First out of the gate, dill. Very unique. Dill begins to fade, and then remarkably, I was left with the scent of EA Green Tea - when it very first came out. Mayhaps just a wee hint of a spiceyness whispering thru. Should be wonderful for the dog days of summer.

Eau de Lalique is a rather unique Summer scent. It's fresh, crisp and herbaceous. A pleasant diversion from those predictable, citrusy Summer scents on the market.

This fragrance is a bit of an acquired taste. It obviously won't appeal to everyone. Men will probably feel more comfortable than women wearing Eau de Lalique. The dominant blend of dill, cardamom and citrus is a tad masculine.

I do like the way Eau de Lalique smells on my skin. Its green spiciness is what makes this fragrance so distinctive. It's also a fragrance that I suspect will smell different on everyone. I almost blind bought Eau de Lalique, however I chose in favour of buying a sample, which was the right way to go.

I agree with Sherapop that dill is a rather daring note, however I can't imagine Eau de Lalique without it. In my opinion it makes this fragrance smell natural, almost like that of a herb garden. On that note, anyone that loves Annick Goutal's Ninfeo Mio or Hermes' Un Jardin series will more than likely adore Eau de Lalique.

I am most impressed by this fragrance's longevity, even though the sillage is rather weak. You've also gotta love Lalique's bottle design, especially with the eye-catching turquoise juice. Be daring and give Eau de Lalique a try.

SuperUltraFabulous
SuperUltraFabulous

I am a man and I find this soft and tad feminine at first. However, as the fragrance progresses, the cardamom, freesia, and dill harmonize to a mellow, watercolor green eau that a woman or the right man can wear all day long. The base is contrastedly richer but not overly so, as this grounds the top and heart notes to your skin. The result? Incredible longevity. Since I purchased the 200mL bottle, I generously sprayed my forearms and neck at 10:00am and I still smell Eau quite well at 1:30am THE NEXT DAY. This is very exceptional for such a light citrusy fragrance. This fragrance is delicate, but make no mistake, projection is impressive too.

• Spray a little, the more delicate it is.

• Spray more, projection and longevity increase exponentially.

If you already own Lalique White you might say Eau was the prototype. This is a reasonable conclusion as both fragrances feature cardamon and citrus. I, however, find both happily coexisting in my collection of fragrances.

White is very manly and even sporty. Eau is unisex, green, soft, and floral.

• The sprayer works very well with generous, broad sprays.

• The crystal bottle is beautiful too.

• I would purchase this over au The Vert any day (which I find the bergamot presentation heavy-handed)

• The composition is entirely niche with high quality aromachemicals.

• Thus far, I have received repeated compliments. I've even gotten: “Damn, you smell good baby.” Isn't this what's its all about?

curvealert
curvealert

My search for a perfect summer fragrance led me here, and I'm not disappointed. As previous reviewers have noted, this perfume can be placed in the category of "pale watercolour", similar to the Jardin series from Hermes and the Bvlgari tea scents. This is an impressionistic perfume that has minimal sillage but has the ability to refresh and stimulate your senses. On first spray, the top note of dill is a little daunting, but after 20 minutes or so this gives way to a lovely blend of spicy and citrus notes. I imagine wearing this on very hot days; it's versatile and can be worn at formal and casual occasions, day and evening.

esteban747
esteban747

Very, very fresh. But not in the typical sense of "citrus" and "light musk". It feels very open, like a cool breeze in early spring.
It's a very different scent, all the notes harmonize with each other, not like other fragrances where the notes wrestle for attention.
Unisex for sure, it never tilts too much to the masculine nor the feminine side.
The pepper is noticeable for a quick moment in the opening with a fleeting citrus scent. Then the cardamom and dill creates a wonderful combination that makes this fragrance truly unique.
Even though it's a refreshing scent it's also a sophisticated one. The drydown is musky and also I get a slight mineral tone ( sort of like that clear mineral taste on real mineral water), very comfortable.
The only downside for me is the sillage, this is such a wonderful scent that I wish everybody could smell it! Still, this is a gem.

Many colognes features green herbs such as basil and tarragon. How many feature dill? To my knowledge, very few. Lalique EAU DE LALIQUE dares us to don dill. Are we up for the challenge?

It's an interesting question to me because on reflection it is entirely unclear why we wear any of the scents which we habitually wear. Consider some of the standard colognes: citrus abounds. The classics of the classics, neroli colognes in the style of 4711, would never cause anyone to pause. Why? because there are so many of them already in existence. The question remains: Why?

The answer is that at some point down the line some perfumer somewhere thought that citrus floral compositions featuring neroli were a good idea. Refreshing, clean smelling: who would not want to smell like the flowery parts of an orange tree? Well, maybe Gabrielle Chanel...

Jean-Claude Ellena and Emilie Copperman asked another question when they created EAU DE LALIQUE: you want to smell like aldehydes, we say why not smell of dill? The most obvious answer to many would be that they have no desire to smell like pickles. Dill is connected in many people's memories with pickles because it does not have all that many other culinary applications. Can dill serve as a focal note in a cologne without making us smell like a picnic condiment? The answer, I am happy to report, is: yes.

In this creation, which seems obviously to me to be a cologne in spirit, although the longevity is, as advertised, closer to that of an eau de toilette, the dill is used alongside cardamom and citrus to produce a uniquely refreshing fragrance experience. Some of the other listed notes, such as pimento, I do not detect at all, but the blend is smooth, light, refreshing, green and clean, and tinged ever so slightly with the scent of both cardamom and dill.

EAU DE LALIQUE is a summertime scent for adventurous types who do not care what others think of their choice in cologne. This one is not loud, but the dill is without a doubt detectable and anyone who fears being accused of smelling like pickles may think twice before donning this juice (no, not pickle juice!). To me, EAU DE LALIQUE fits right in with the Hermès Jardins series. Remember shredded sour mango? This creation for Lalique may have been a first effort in that direction.

happychub
happychub

just bought this edt 200ml, very fresh and clean smell for hotday, last the whole day. received compliments from wearing this scent. the top notes smell something green,the middle notes something flora and a bit tea notes, the base smell a bit woody.
smell 10/10
lasting 10/10
sillage 8/10

knit_at_nite
knit_at_nite

On my skin Eau de Lalique is soft but tenacious,2 or 3 sprays lasting 6-8 hours. At that rate, I could practically bathe in my 6.6 oz bottle and it will last years. This is a great summer fragrance, as the aromatic dill and cinnamon/cardamon combo seem very cooling to me. But it's the drydown with the sandalwood, benzoin and wood that really makes me crave this in all 4 CA seasons.
This scent is so well crafted- cozy without screaming Oriental- and it works in both hot and cooler temperatures. Great work Emilie Copperman and JCE.

Sissi
Sissi

There is nothing opaque about Eau de Lalique, to Express How evervesent Words and Anethetics put together like a Rose is a Rose by any other name
But this captures the Eau in de eau in laymen's terms
French for Water, Eau de Lalique offers of what the consumer expects, A Watery Giotto of fruits and vegetables. The opening sort of Zolts you up from a
Sombulist interlude with Cardamon driesto the prime
then in a few minutes dill softens the edges of the Caramon note adds an edible aroma conjours an image
of a lush Greenhouse nursed the finest and the most juiciest and delectable Fruit and Vegetables & the Most fragrant Florals with the most striking color palettes soaked after the midnight rains and releasing
an intoxicating scent steeping though the air giving a
feeling of Primal self awarness of nature,

As Eau de Lalique dries to the heart,
Red Pimento comes crawling to our senses like a Vine
onto a wall Spicy but tame in Comparison to the Cordamon blast at the opening stands on it's own with it's Spicy accord, My skin has a habit of Eating most of the Fragrances i review and Eau de Lalique is no
exception It Vanishes in just 5 Minutes on me not giving me a chance to detect the drydown but i can say beford the enevitable process begins that i do pick up a faint scent of Hibiscus This shy note gives it an Elusive quality that after all the showy florals have gone to rest an unexpected beauty shines
under flamboyance. Also did i pick up the scent of Carrot? with this perfume your find Something new with every wear.

Despite of all the interesting Juxpatations of notes
of Eau de Lalique, did not grab me mainly for two reasons The weekness of the Perfume and also to the Nauseating strengh of Cardamon note and Dill, but neitherless An above average Sent.

id
id

It lasts 8 hours on my skin in summer. Perfect scent for warm weather, interesting and fresh, I'd even could call it spicy aquatic. I feel dill at the opening and I like it a lot. It is not citrusy on my skin as some reviews say. Very comfortable, cooling and interesting. Thank you, J. C. Ellena.

passionata20
passionata20

To me this is the closest to Bvlgari "au the verte". Very frash and very much like a sweet green tea fragrance. Not a great staying power but a really pleasant scent.

abirae
abirae

I wanted to love this one. I enjoy the top notes, particularly the dill note which is so unusual. Unfortunately, my skin amplifies musks, and on me, the lovely top notes quickly give way to a drydown of calone and a buttery musk. I strongly suggest trying this one to see how it works on your skin.

I got a sample from MD100000 (thank you!) and I don't know how to explain it yet because I try it on both of my wrists and each wrist smells different (Am I going out of my mind!?) One is light fresh citrusy musky, and the other is mild floral green. I don't get anything spicy here for sure, and they both definitely have this gentle oriental vanilla'ish sweetness. Overall seems light and fresh, and not as strong as I would like. Anyhow, I just have enough for a second try. We'll see what will happen then.

Adrien02
Adrien02

I would even go so far as to say this could be a citrusy-oriental spicy. At least it starts out that way. It is definitely the lightest oriental spicy that I have ever smelled or owned.
I like the way the flowers and woods meld at the drydown. The citrus is very sharp in the beginning and mellows toward the drydown, perhaps due to the musk,sandalwood and guaic wood.
Maybe it's my body chemistry but this lasts longer on me somedays more than others. Not cloying like some other heavier oriental spicy and a definite win for office/work use.

gypsykitten
gypsykitten

To my nose, this smells like a weak version of VCAs Cologne Noire, one of my very favorite Mark Buxtons. For that reason, I love it. It is true that it doesn't last long, but it can be had for relatively cheap so it's worth it to me.

sjanira
sjanira

I agree with Kama, it's like and icy Earl Grey Tea. I smell lots of dill with bergamot, quite aromatic and refreshing. For about 2 minutes I get all those top citrusy refreshing notes and then it dies. It's extremely weak and not worth it. After 5 minutes It's gone!. There's nothing spicy or aromatic anymore, just a watered down barely there fragrance. I don't recommend this to anyone.

Malegria
Malegria

I feel a lots of dill in here and it reminds me of pickles!
It is a lovely fragrance,makes me think about the lake with cat tails and waterlilies blooming.It does not feel to me like oriental spicy at all.Like sweet calm waters, it makes you feel refreshed...A mermaid scent.

Kama
Kama

Eau de Lalique is like frozen ice Earl Grey tea...
It is unisex fragrance with strong bergamot beginning.
This scent is like a nice full box of fresh aromatic Earl Grey tea that someone would put into the fridge!!! It is not a fragrance of hot cup of tea… but of frozen tea lives…somewhere you feel a bit of citrus..

Then the middle there is kind of masculine part. It is cardamom taking its play, but it is not as visible as in masculine fragrance Equus by Lalique. It is rather sublime and delicate cardamom, but still nicely alive and alluring. It is like to put bit of cardamom on flowers (freesia!).
But just before, between bergamot aroma and cardamom aroma there is some chemical part… or..magical part! And when it starts to melt together it is the nicest part of Eau…
In the moment when the flowers bloom the feminine site starts to show up, and garden dill gives real green accent on the skin.

It is not very long-lasting fragrance, but really great refreshing spicy perfume for hot summers!

Eau de Lalique by Lalique 3.92 out of 5 based on 156 ratings and 22 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lalique Eau de Lalique fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Lalique Eau de Lalique, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau de Lalique by Lalique. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau de Lalique by Lalique represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.