Designers » L » Woody Spicy « Groups

dislike

I have it: 533 I had it: 135 I want it: 420 My signature: 10

ozonic
oud
Hommage a L'Homme Lalique for men Pictures Hommage a L'Homme Lalique for men Pictures Hommage a L'Homme Lalique for men Pictures Hommage a L'Homme Lalique for men Pictures

Lalique is celebrating 20 years in the fragrant business... and many more in the business of providing precious crystals for perfumes. In order to mark this important anniversary, they launched a new masculine fragrance aboard the luxurious Orient Express.

The spot chosen couldn't be more laden with historical memory: Not only had René Lalique decorated several of the legendary train's wagons with his ornate creations, but his grand-daughter Marie-Claude launched the first feminine scent by the house of Lalique, Lalique de Lalique, on the Orient Express herself in 1992. Nowadays Lalique counts 9 fragrances in their catalogs, 5 for women and 4 for men, distributed in a selective circuit of doors.

Homage à L'Homme (Homage to Men), the newest Lalique fragrance, is a spicy woody fragrance for men which reads as a "niche" scent, developed by acclaimed perfumers Christine Nagel and Mathilde Bijaoui. It will be available in two declinations: One in crystal for collectors (cost 1200 euros) with the sculpted Pan-pipe man, referencing the original sculpture made by René Lalique for the Orient Express in 1929. And another in glass designed by Thierry de Baschmakoff (Aesthete) which is inspired by Art Deco style.

Lalique is also reissuing the flacon "chèvrefeuille", decorated in gold, in a limited edition of 50 numbered pieces for collectors, in celebration of its 20th anniversary. Hommage a L'Homme was launched in 2011.

Saffron Bergamot Violet Leaf

Tonka Bean Violet Pepper

Musk Labdanum Agarwood (Oud)

Hommage a L'Homme Fragrance Reviews

Konga5000
Konga5000

Blind buy because of the reviews on here. And because I like Encre Noire Sport by Lalique.

First blast - great! Sprayed my wrist 5 times......honestly I cannot smell anything!
Sprayed my shirt 10 times...... can barely smell anything.
Super weak longevity & no projection ... at all.

Nice bottle though.

Art Is
Art Is

Very interesting smell. Very good Lalique.

sasa.ss
sasa.ss

Who'd say that perfume combination filled with violets could smell so manly. It smells like very clean version of Kouros on me.
I guess it works together with my body chemistry.
Great fragrance

no-fi
no-fi

Hommage a L'Homme is the first Lalique scent to disappoint me. I had already been enchanted by the uniqueness of Encre Noir and surprised by the versatility of Lalique Pour Homme, but Hommage fell short. It attempts to be as innovative as Encre Noir and as wearable as Pour Homme, but ends up being neither.

The dominant note throughout is violet. It is very, very sweet. Paradoxically, Hommage is also incredibly sour, and I'm not quite sure why. There are some nice notes in there, like the unlisted tea note, or the sweet oud, which sadly struggles to be heard over the violet. But nothing really comes together cohesively, and the contrasts are too stark to be enjoyable.

I really tried with Hommage, wearing it several times with an open mind. I wanted so much to like it. Sadly, it's not for me. If you like it, though, you'll be pleasantly surprised by its good longevity and decent projection.

mikemuscles21
mikemuscles21

I am loving the strong black tea notes with the more subtle Oud. What a relaxing scent.

shavenonthedarkside
shavenonthedarkside

This starts with an explosion of violet. Purple, purple, purple. Good longevity---4 hrs. 25 & older. A manly scent. A masculine floral cologne. No questions about is this a man's scent.

Projection is solid---arm length.

8.5/10

evilspin
evilspin

AMAZING! That is all!

Anything with Labdanum and Tonka Bean is a Go for me as I noticed I love fragrances with those notes so they had to be key components so I had to try this...Once I did i needed it asap! Couldnt find it anywhere yet by chance a friend had it in his bathroom and I had to try it, still couldnt find it anywhere and no one even heard of it until I saw it at a discount parfume warehouse in Miami. Got it for 30 dollars (yes its the real thing) and it was as amazing as I remembered, now im gonna go back to the same place and get the Voyager version which I am intrigued to try. Hope I like it since they dont have a tester)

Cant describe this but to me its a niche version of a complex mixture of Dior homme, Violeta's Baby cologne and a subdued version of stong now famous oud note with recent fragrances and a little bit of fresh sour citrus lime for awakening the senses and black pepper for a kick, perfect combo.

Castor
Castor

Amazingly complex yet subdued and discreet, as men's edts should be. In my case, a rediscovered one that feels to be included in my rotation.

GRAF
GRAF

Hommage a L'Homme is a fresh, floral, powdery, a little sweet and spicy masculine fragrance. The top notes I get are vivid safran, vivid violet leaf, vivid violet, oud and pepper but I do not get any musk at all. Generally a good fragrance for all year around but not for hot weather! The violet leaf is the chief here and the other notes come after that. The longevity and the sillage are moderate. Nice but nothing special, just a very good fragrance from Lalique. If I will buy it again? No, because it has something that burns my nose. It is a good fragrance but not for me. Always try before buy.

timon912
timon912

Pretty subtle, smooth scent that is masterfully blended to balance the dark oud against the bright/sweet florals. The overall impression is similar to R de Revillon, imo. Both have that smooth "player" vibe to them. Although, I do prefer R de Revillon to this because this one is just a bit too sweet for me. Still a very nice scent, though. 7/10 overall and 9/10 for value.

Endymion

Unfortunately I cannot understand all these loving reviews. For me it's way too sour to even like it.

Haroonjil
Haroonjil

One of the best.

Marilimorajaspani
Marilimorajaspani

Subtle and refined, slightly sweet if you care to notice. The oud is present yet the floral notes do well to balance the oud.
This fragrance is clean and modest yet it has personality. I think it is a modern composition of a classic recipe.
The bottle, presentation gets a 10/10
The price is very reasonable when compared with other beautiful perfumes so 8/10
Versatile, formal and informal, day and night. Office or Theatre or restaurant. 8/10
Perfume (impo) 7/10
Sillage 6.5/10
Overall = ?
tbc....

aanton1
aanton1

Lalique hommage a l'homme is truly a phenomenal fragrance. I can imagine Jay Gatsby wearing this as the juice and the bottle truly gives you that vibe. It smells classy, masculine, and timeless. It opens with citrus and vetiver with just a hint of violet. The violet really gives it another dimension without making it smell too feminine. It then turns into this woodsy, warm masterpiece. This makes you want a glass of champagne. The art deco bottle is just stunning, one if my favorite bottle designs. This fragrance could very well become a modern classic and is very unique. Lasts on my skin for around 4-5 hours, overnight on clothes. If you are looking for a fragrance with quality juice, style, class, and sophistication, look no further than this.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

Out of Lalique's men's fragrance this juice is in the top 3. I've had this juice since mid last year. I didn't use it until the early fall.
As soon as I sprayed it on my skin I pick up a powdery/woodsy scent from tonka bean and this nectar of honey giving it a slightly sweet undertone which acts like bee's being busy....oh ha :))
The layer violet/violet leaf with musk adds a real warm floral aroma. There's a smig of pepper and tonka bean which awakens your senses.
Longevity and Silage is better than moderate lasting 6-8hrs when I spray it once on my skin.
Finally thoughts,
I adore the quality of this fragrance giving it depth. I would class this as a black tie/suit fragrance. The juice has a very SOPHISTICATED AND CLASSY vib. In my opinion this fragrance could be worn almost all year round. Rating this amazing GEM is easy...9.5/10. This juice is very affordable without it putting a hole in your wallet. This fragrance could be considered a nieche fragrance because of its high quality aroma..why shouldn't be?

leovn
leovn

The scent is classic, formal and matured. Better for men over 30 or even 35. It's more suitable for suit and tie for office setting. Floral and powdery at first then slowly dry out to a spicy wood scent. Moderate sillage but long lasting.

Buysblind
Buysblind

A classy and subtly sweet violet note over a powdery base of saffron and a cleanly spiced oud. This fragrance exudes understated class at a noticeable, though polite level of projection. It's refined and calm, and casts a professional, almost intellectual air around its subject. I love the way the violet has been treated in this composition, never feeling to dry or bitter gray or too green and leafy. It's like that pale and fragrant light purple shade of violet that's just a touch sweet and perhaps more moist than dry. The tonka/musk combination in the base is fantastic, creating what is really a unique and lasting accord, very different from your standard woody base. On me, the violet note dominates over the others, and leads the front. I always feel composed and grounded when I wear this, and prefer to wear it with a business-casual style of dress. Excellent longevity and absolute bargain at $35, as this is probably my favorite offering from Lalique, and that includes their masterpiece, Encre Noire. Thumbs up, and a recommended blind buy for anyone over 30. If you're younger, you may want to sample first unless you've always been a fan of 'mature' styles of fragrances.

FYI: Do not expect to receive the bottle that's displayed at the top of this page (the bottle with the statue of the man on the front). You're much more likely to receive a square bottle (like the ones in the advertisements below), which are very nice in their own way.

Endymion

I really like the bottle but the scent is just too sour for me to like, which is sad because I had high expectations to this perfume and realy wanted to like it.
But too weird, too sour for me. :(

svw
svw

A real gentleman's scent...clean and respectable

Longevity & silage for me are average if u just spray a bit.

The oud in it is really faint if there is any at all.

Top notch bottle design

***** rating

Epley_MPLS
Epley_MPLS

I agree with the masses that this is a nice fragrance, but I also think there are some misses with its overall effect.

The scent of this seems to rely heavily on its base. To me, my nose picks up on a cedar scent before anything else. That's why I added "Black Walnut" by Banana Republic as a similar fragrance. They are not the same, but definitely have some of the same things (especially the cedar base) in common.

Another review mentioned that the opening is the best part of its scent, and I whole hardheartedly agree. People say that's when oud is detectable, but man it fades fast. So does the violet. This is disappointing, because these make the fragrance seem more unique and whole. All in all, I would say this is much more "woody" than "powdery" or "spicy". I just sprayed it again, and seriously, the fact that it dies so quickly from that opening is sad. In the beginning it is so much fresher and bright.

Because of the wood, it does carry the masculine vibe, so "Hommage a L'Homme" is a fitting name.

This fragrance is very versatile, but I would suggest wearing it at the office or to more formal type gatherings. It doesn't seem to fit the casual wardrobe because it does carry a classy vibe. This is also a scent that many people will probably enjoy, as it doesn't stretch any aspect too far. The scent is warm and approachable, and you won't push anyone away with too much sillage.

While I like this stuff, it did fall a little below what I was hoping for. It is very close to "Black Walnut" so maybe "Black Walnut" is similar to Dior "Fahrenheit".

As you probably already know, the bottle is marvelous and the sprayer is about as good as they can get.

The bottom-line is that the overall presentation of this fragrance is great for the money you pay, so as long as you don't already have something similar in your war-chest of frags this is a worthy buy.

houstcs
houstcs

This is intriguing as it smells a little different each time I wear it. Sometimes I get the sharpness of Dior Fahrenheit, but sometimes I get a little rubber. Either way, mechanic shop in a good way. I just used the last of a 5ml decant and will likely not purchase it unless I see a great deal, which they usually are pretty cheap for how awesome all Lalique smell. Again, as all Lalique, way under priced compared to the market. People tend to be black and white regarding Lalique as they love it or not. High quality, but close enough to Dior Fahrenheit I will chose Dior.

RileyB
RileyB

This fragrance is beautiful. It seems every time I put on a new Laique to test I’m taken by how well constructed they are for their price. Perhaps it’s because the nose behind it is Christine Nagel who authored other laliques I’m fond of. This one is well thought out, and while non offensive and non taxing to olfactory senses, it has a certain degree of uniqueness that prevents if from being in any way boring. There’s a distinct sense of class about it. It’s gentle yet very strong in the sense that it has good structure and carries itself with effortless strength while being worn. Easy to wear, I think that’s part of what I like most about it. And yet you feel you are wearing something that is of a very good quality. One I am grateful to have had the opportunity to experience in fact. Thank you Lalique, I tip my hat to you.
As far as notes go, I’m enjoying a soft yet very present and appealing violet with a slightly smokey oud. There’s the peppery saffron and as it dries down the oud brings a certain slight tanginess to the picture. The appeal for me increases as it dries down.
As a fragrance It’s reminiscent of Fahrenheit in some respects but I prefer this in that it doesn’t have the petrol smell I get from Fahrenheit, instead it’s cleaner, more wearable, perhaps a little lighter but better structured in my opinion.
This is worth more than what you pay for it as well, so a great scent for those hunting for a bargain. Perfect for the office environment. It gets my vote - easily.

iTryToSmellGood
iTryToSmellGood

This is amazing stuff the bottle is beautiful and the scent is stunning. It's modern and mature and smells much more expensive than it is. I'm not much good at picking out notes but from the opening to the dry down it is sublime. It's fresh but doesn't smell too generic, and to me pretty inoffensive. It'll also get compliments, someone in an elevator told me it smelled nice and was more subtle than most fragrances. That's also how I'd describe it, subtle but with class and a certain level of maturity that goes along with it. And that's what I love about this fragrance it makes me feel like I'm part of some aristocracy, that's the type of class this gives off to me. Also, I've seen a few people say that this would fit an older man in his 30s but I'm much younger than 30 and I wear this very comfortably.This is a very safe blind buy but don't think you'll get anything mediocre. My new signature scent as well.

psebi101
psebi101

A floral-aromatic scent that opens with violet leaf which sends a link in my mind to Fahrenheit (but the connection will disappear rather quickly). Although it has some weight to it, it doesn't jump too much off the skin and basically will remain a sweet powdery/floral/musky combo which, surprisingly, is quite mainly and elegant.

Projection: 5/10

CGV
CGV

Oh YES! This is the juice! Well mannered, intelligently crafted and mysterious juice! The violet done in an brilliant ashy way not so powdery, more smoky, oud adding just a touch of mystery to it while pepper, saffron and tonka bean rounding it up nicely, not screaming but definitely well present. 8-10 hours longevity is fine, satisfying sillage & projection. A definite singature scent perfect for spring, fall or winter and maybe summer nights as well. Timeless creature of fragrantic perfection! Christine Nagel never fails to impress me!

fumeguy
fumeguy

Starting from the presentation to the scent lalique has done a wonderful job on this. This is my only second from this house and i am immensly intrigued by the other perfumes.

Bluntly put this is a refined and better fahrenheit.

Smell wise, i get an easily 10+ hours on my skin and i can smell on the clother even till next day.

Start with an oudy and violet notes with the oud fading away midway and the powder, violet and woody notes remaining till the dry down.

Its an office same perfume and completly value for money.

piersvernon
piersvernon

Would agree with Smora, on this one.

This fragrance doesn't need to yell 'Refined', it just is.

Really nice subtle opening, and just simmers, into a rich, yet not overpowering spice mix.

A really great all-rounder, day or night. Lingers for an entire evening.

Makes a great office fragrance, or 'evening-out' fragrance.

malencar
malencar

Instant love ! Beautiful everything....box, glass and fragrance. Classy...reminds me of Fahrenheit Dior...but it has more to it. Got several complements.....

smora
smora

What a beautiful neoclassical masculine scent this is, named by de Baschmakoff's tentative title of the great looking bottle.
A truly dedication to men. A retro old school vibe paired with contemporary oud tendencies.
Beautiful violet rides in its green leaf. The smell of freshly cut grass mixed with darker oud note covered with a little bit of powder accompanied by saffron. Tonka bean is coming from the base, giving this composition a sweet contemporary touch. Ideal for formally dressed men who like to unloose their tie just a little bit.
Hommage is a special everyday scent. Unreal hybrid of modern and classic. For men who open a door for their ladies and carry linen handkerchief. Olfactory echo of a better past.

Scentrack: Drago Diklić & Svadbas - Moja draga

Rating: gentleman's *****

gedlive
gedlive

The oud is like a short lived top note. The brief opening is the best part. The mid has a nice achord of violet, violet leaf, safron and pepper. It is a bit to feminine for me, but pritty good overall.

I tried spraying more liberaly and rubbing it in. The oudi resinous note is richer sweeter and lasting more into the mid. In the dry down I get the more powdery violet without the oud. The pyramid is a bit upside down. I also get a fruity plum jam like note which is nice.

Rating: 7.75/10

ianannable
ianannable

The Lalique house produce another classy fragrance at an affordable price. I still haven't come across a Lalique scent i didn't like.

A well balanced violet,oud and pepper combination with the woody background. Longevity is good.

A thumbs up, and another winner!

bonacosta30
bonacosta30

Sweet sour powdery oud. I don t get much spices here but a lot of violet for sure. Strangely, the oud seem to be in the head note and i don t smell it after a few minutes. A very original scent, unusual, so i can see why people around here compare this to a niche scent. Longevity and projection are mayble a little bit above average. A scent that can be wear in most occasion, more unisex than masculin IMO, the strong flowery powdery sweet note make it very wearable for a women. Not expensible, could be a nice introduction to "niche like" scent. Not sure if i love this smell on me yet, need to give it a few more try. Got it for a very good price, so i will give it a chance. Let s see what we got:

Scent: 6,5/10, powdery scent, sweet, lot of violet, very sour at the same time. Not bad, but not excellent. I got hard time with the sour note...
Longevity: 3,5/5, around 6 hours. Good.
Projection: 3,5/5, arm lengh, doesn t project a lot and not a compliment getter IMO.
Versatility: 4/5, can be use in most occasion, most of the time. Could be a good yr around frag, safe for office i would say.
Overall: 17,5/25, something to try (in my case i should have try it more than a few time before buying it), not safe for blind buy.

Sussudio
Sussudio

Great smelling fragrance in a stunning bottle.

The experience?
Violets are blue ...It starts off with a clean Fahrenheit impression that lingers on for a few hours, afterwards the prominent violets dry down in this amazing warm, peppery violet smell. This stuff adds a few bars on your class-o-meter, effortlessly. On top of that you will feel fresh and it will never become cloying. What more do you want?

Power? Does the job during the day, projects nicely in the first 4-5 hours but slowly transforms to a skin scent in the aftermath. Not a loud fragrance but that's just fine as this juice is elegant and classy. Being brash would not fit the philosophy.

Compliments? I see a lot of heads turning when they pick up my scent trail. Also received compliments from almost everyone who's a relative to me.

ps. If you think Fahrenheit is mysterious and interesting but you're turned down by the darkness/rawness about it, give this one a chance. You can almost call it a clean version of the Dior masterpiece. Also, the price is unmatched as the quality leans almost into niche.

Joeri

This is still one of my best. Class personified.

Fearfactory
Fearfactory

Got this today and i like it. There are some notes that make me think of Spicebomb, not the same of course, but in that vein. A little sweeter maybe but all in all classy. Lasts well too.

nanakoj
nanakoj

I want to say 1 thing. This fragrance smells so good I cant describe it ... Its smells better than most niche fragrances ... Guys just go and buy it ... period. I will give it a 10/10

Its smells to rich and I tell you this will impress any women the moment they smell you.

I salute you lalique

NazguL2
NazguL2

Blind buy. The saffrond with the violets and leadind to a beatiful musk + oud is ... awesome.

No regrets. Amazing and loving scent, warm and a trully hommage a l'homme

gvd
gvd

Blind buy, no regrets. Classy stuff. Like Fahrenheit, but more sophisticated. Less gasoline, more violet.

jhitt793
jhitt793

A sensual, masculine and comforting fragrance by Lalique, Hommage a l'Homme is an instant classic. A beautiful blending of both violet blossom and violet leaf open the fragrance invitingly. Violet flower with it's gentle powdery sweetness contrasts the earthy, oily violet leaf. Black pepper and saffron add a much needed piquant accord, embuing the fragrance with warmth and spice. A depth and smokiness is created by the inclusion of oud. It is used here to great effect in my opinion, balanced expertly and never overpowering. Tonka bean, with its coumarin facets, blends the fragrances smoothly as if a paintbrush blending colors against a canvas. A honey-like ambery note adds a final touch of warmth via the inclusion of labdanum resin. I absolutely love this fragrance for autumn as it has an inclination to suffuse its wearer and those lucky enough to be close by with ardor. (163)

pontifex maximus

knight is right, Lalique conformed this lovely fragrance stays in production :)

Zerga55
Zerga55

Blind Buy, Sniff It, & Wow..! It Goes Straight to My Top 5, just like that. BUY IT !

Knightofwands

P.s to my last entry. I emailed Lalique about the discontinuation rumours.
This was the reply:

"Thank you for your email and interest in Lalique Parfums.
We do not plan delisting Hommage à l `homme and it is in regular production"

Where, oh where do people get these b/s rumours from? They should use their brain and do their research before peddling incorrect rumours on here!

Knightofwands

This is a wonderful scent! I would be devastated if this work of art became discontinued. As the previous reviewers said, start buying this unique, beautiful fragrance and give Lalique a good reason to keep it in production!

It's pretty close to my "Holy Grail" of fragrances :-)

ScentedRomeo
ScentedRomeo

Lalique Hommage a L'Homme is a beautifully crafted perfume by the Art Design House of Lalique.
As for many of their fragrances for men and women, this juice IMO is one of their best compositions.
It starts off on first spritz with a violet/violet leaf, pepper and oud accord with a phenomenal dry down of sweet tonka beans, saffron, labdanum and musk with the oud nuance always in the background.
The dry down for me smells heavenly. I can't stop sniffing my wrist all day to be honest.
It's a beautiful and creamy scent on my skin and lasts a good 8+ hours on me with 3-4 sprays on my chest, pulse points and finally on my undershirt.
The presentation and bottle with Lalique is always impeccably exquisite and always a piece of art, with thick crystal cut glass and quality heavy metal topper with their crest engraved on the top of it. Nothing is cheap about this luxury niche-like design house.
The fragrances that's created by Lalique is never "mainstream or generic" not redundant or boring. And with their performance you will always get the best in longevity and sillage..this on my skin anyway.
IMO this juice deserve a 10/10. A great smelling fragrance composition by Christine Nagel and Mathilde Bijaoui.

OBTW to some reviewers that stated that this is discontinued, that's basically an incorrect assumption. Hommage a L'Homme is still readily available on the Lalique website or you can also purchase this beautiful frag from any reputable online merchant that has it in stock.

And to all of us..Always remember that scent is subjective. We all have our opinions because it seems we just can't help it. Opinions are something we give & share with each other whether we're aware of it or not. So therefore we must use respect in the same manner. Thnx. :)

edge42
edge42

Unfortunately 99% of sales associates have no idea what they're talking about. Hopefully that's the case here as well regarding discontinuation. Hommage a L'Homme is a fairly new fragrance and also still listed on Lalique's official website.

If it is being discontinued, more people need to try this one before it's gone - it's one of my faves! Top 20 for sure.

surfingonthenet
surfingonthenet

@talldarkroast
No,it's not. It's pretty different from He Wood.
He Wood is more cedar. Hommage is more oud and pepper.
He Wood is more serious. Hommage is more clean and aromatic.

Roman86
Roman86

My only complaint is that I wish it was stronger. If only it was stronger and richer than this could have been a knockout. As it stands, it's a pleasant, sweet but light fragrance that is more of a whisper than a yell. It's a good choice for people who aren't big into wearing fragrances or want something for intimate occasions.

pontifex maximus

A very elegant fresh spicy tobacco fragrance. Performance is pretty good on my skin. I really love the Lalique house and this is one of their best fragrances in my opinion.

Kumana
Kumana

It's a woody, fresh, clean, smooth & inviting fragrance. Although it did not last long on me but I like the spiciness. Couldn't really feel the dry down :(

mrluctoretemergo
mrluctoretemergo

for the first and the last time i'm gonna respond to those people who for the 57th time removed my comment that this fragrance smells like quorum silver...how old are you people...? 12 ? You don't have to agree with my opinion, but please let us respect each other's opinions... if i think it smells like that and others know this scent, they might be interested/put off/intrigued merely by that fact...

this is about scents folks.. not about politics....PEACE OUT...AMEN

picasso_x
picasso_x

This is very interested one from LALIQUE perfume after Encre Noire. To me Hommage is niche perfume. It's not fresh citrus not sporty not sweet. It's fresh spice more violet, oud and saffron smell. A bit boozy woody mix aromatic spice. It's modern woody spice like CH CAROLINA (modern oriental spice). Good long last and sillage. Good for man not boy. Amazing odor and amazing bottle design. love it.

talldarkroast
talldarkroast

can anyone tell me if this smells anything like he wood by dsquared?

big_justin
big_justin

definitely not a main stream fragrance. Starts with prominent floral note and a little powdery which I guess it's the mix of Saffron and Violet. woody note is heavy as usual in Lalique. complex but not very appealing at first sniff.

Like somebody said, at beginning it smells like Dior Fahrenheit, but only a little. when it drys down, it's similar to Black Walnut from Banana Republic, much less powdery than Lalique.

in a word, it's well-made, you might need more time to feel the good in it.

Overall:7/10
sillage: 6/10
Price: 8/10

courant
courant

This fragrance, purchased for my husband, will live both sides of the dresser, I can assure you. It's a male cologne for the first half hour, dare I say nothing remarkable, and then it unleashes into a violet woodsy sweetness that simply screams 'expensive'
The bottle is gorgeous. If I see this on a one day special again I wont be able to stop myself. Absolutely recommended!

neo_xx
neo_xx

first , I must flatter Lalique for the beautiful Bottle . Really well done , the bottle is gorgeous and high quality .

now for the scent ,,

simply , it is a Violet Bomb. with a woody base , what I really get is cedar in the base and not Agarwood .

all in all , it is nice and fresh . Longevity is moderate , usually 8 hours more or less .

projection is also moderate .

a very good fragrance , if it only had more depth it might be a masterpiece . but unfortunately that is not the case here.

I would give it 8 out of 10 .

Hassan Nasrallah
Hassan Nasrallah

elegant scent witch can fit for any event and any situation
as beginner i didn't arrive to know or to recognize any ingredient unless the musk but for a second i felt it contains honey
bottle is super nice
this perfume is really suggested

biscoff
biscoff

I received mine together with Encre Noir Sport and as first sprayed on me ENS, I sprayed Hommage L'Homme on paper strip. I was 'Oh, that's not good" - it had some camphor feel in it. The next day it was its turn to be tested on my skin... And here the miracle happened - another masterpiece from Lalique! On the skin it had sweet (but not heavy), smoky nuance which combined with the violet is just classy. Quality in your face!
Veeery nice done, Lalique! Thank you! You did not disappointed me once again. The only frag that I had love/hate relationship is Lalique Lion... I need just Lalique White in order to complete my collection from the house of Lalique :-)

4.5/5 for Lalique Hommage a L'Homme.

halftwintowers
halftwintowers

This fragrance definitely surprised me. From the top, it's very sweet. I get a sweet violet leaf, violets, and maybe the tonka bean pretty early. The pepper starts to show but it's not in your face. The saffron is also present but the violet leaf definitely shines in the top and mid. The base gets nicer with a sweet oud note (not heavy at all), musk, and some earthy labdanum (which definitely turns down some of the sweetness). The whole composition leans towards elegance and refinement. Once encountered, you can not deny the quality of this fragrance. I get 7-8 hours from this fragrance with 3 hours of projection. An excellent choice for the fall, but can be worn year round.

jimmyo1
jimmyo1

Im speechless...got mine today and Wow what an absolutely wonderful Fragrance.

Class personified, smooth blended ingredients and totally amazing smell.

9/10 for me.

Beautiful Lalique, just Beautiful!!

Weirdest thing! Been wearing this for a while now and saw the oud note on here but never detected it until now.
Bam! There it is..a really subtle oud note behind the sparkly violet and musk and a sweeter nature I've never picked up on before. A hint of tonka prehaps too?
This stuff was highly prized in my collection anyway but I have a new found appreciation for it.
I'm really surprised I could pick up on more in this fragrance after so many wears I really thought I'd gotten to know it. Just goes to show it can happen at anytime.

Joeri

Used it a couple of times now. It took me a little while but I consider this one to be very, very, VERY good! And totally non-ubiquitous as a bonus.
When in company, you will be the only one wearing this, and you will shine. Beats fahrenheit by a noselength.

Joeri

Got it today, together with an azzaro legend. Heavy bottle for this Lalique, very, very nice. Even the box seems quality-stuff. Tested it right away. Man... can't say it was an immediate olfactory orgasm; but the intensity, the richness....surely very high-quality juice. Never had anything like this before. Definitely a brand to explore. Of course, I also tested the Chrome Legend. Considering the quality, it almost seemed like a joke next to the Lalique. Bottle, box, juice, the whole set. I know, it's not so fair to compare these two, as they play in a completely different league. But I must say, all the people around me who had a top-note sniff, preferred the Chrome. Every one of them. As for me, I'm not so sure. Luckily, I have both.

simg24
simg24

If you enjoy the sharp violet and passive aoud in Fahrenheit and Fahrenheit Absolut then you should enjoy this. Although not exactly the same, perhaps l'hommage lending a slightly floral take instead of the brash leather/anamalic potency of Fahrenheit. As amazing as Fahrenheit is, this certainly doesn't fall short in comparison and a great addition to the lalique house.

deja vu-gr
deja vu-gr

Another one outstanding perfume by Lalique.
I don't have to say much more because reviews here say it all.
The quality from the top till base notes are superb,out of this world!!
A niche quality fragrance that can easily be the precious diamond of a man's perfume wardrobe and a signature scent.
Very wearable indeed and the bottles (either the classic or the special one)are a piece of art.
Simply love at first sniff!!

olfactoryfan
olfactoryfan

It seems to me the man Lalique envisaged when they created Hommage a L'Homme was a refined elder statesman. Because this scent has a distinguished, almost aristocratic vibe. This is, most assuredly, a gentleman's fragrance.

Hommage brings to mind an exclusive Victorian members-only club with studded wing-backed leather chairs, cigars, brandy and a fire burning in the hearth.

It opens with a spiced, woodsy smokiness that reminds me of the anise-infused intro to Guerlain's L'Instant Extreme when I put my nose to it up close. This mellows to a dry, dusty tobacco accord with a discernible dark note from the oud underpinning it.

On my skin projection is modest and longevity is around the 6 hour mark before it fades out.

There's no question that this is a well crafted and elegant fragrance. It does indeed have a niche quality about it.

Hommage a L'Homme feels like it's paying hommage to a man from a bygone era, but in this instance that's a good thing.

spankrabbit
spankrabbit

My favorite Lalique.

A nicely done violet/oud combo with just enough pepper near the opening to keep it from going full frontal floral. This will be cloying if oversprayed: sweetness overload.

I found this has a wonderful dry oud scent in the middle notes - not resinous or syrupy but slightly bitter like delicate incense. Although prior comments mention Fahrenheit and Bvlgari Black, I didn't sense anything that instantly reminded me of either one.

Longevity for me was very good. The scent would waft in and out during the day as it responded to my body heat.
A very good scent at an excellent price.

cytherian
cytherian

I received a sample from FragranceNet. This is a pleasant fragrance, but doesn't stand out as particularly unique. It's like this is what Perry Ellis M was trying to achieve but M got choked up with synthetics. Lalique is on a similar vibe but a notch above.

It has a very unisex appeal. There is a soft warmth to it with a vanilla and cinnamon kind of essence, accompanied by some musk. I can't pick up much else. It doesn't project much on my skin, settling down to a skin scent after an hour. OK longevity.

But really... Lalique? I expected something a bit more masculine with "L'Homme" in the name..

wonderlife
wonderlife

Well blended but nothing remarkable. When I read about the Violet+Oud combo I expected Magic, but all I got from my samples were soft and feminine... Interesting, how is this an homage to men?

dq_firefly
dq_firefly

It smells a bit sour, which is a big disappointment :( is it normal or did my bottle just turned bad? (I ordered from amazon, ship & sold by amazon so I guess it's authentic) Does the same thing happen to you guys?

lovetribe
lovetribe

interesting but I feel something of bvlgari black (what a hate). is soft as body kouros.
but I would not if purchase it.
second recension...i hate it.

Absolutely out of this world!!!
Love at first sniff and it just gets better and better as it drys down.
A wonderful fragrance that is very similar to Dior Fahrenheit due to that violet note but there's so much else going on its quite different and somehow fresher...like a sparkling champagne Fahrenheit almost if that makes sense.
Lalique have some very impressive and complex fragrances amongst their range.
I think YSL L'Homme Libre cologne tonic has a similar vibe but paler by comparison.

Update: Woo hoo! 8 people concure with my YSL comparison in 12 hours...They truly are close and have a real quality, when you try them side by side you realise the differences...but both are niche quality compositions and if you like violet and want a change from Fahrenheit these are the best two out there. I still prefer this though it just has an added magic.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I tried this on an arm. Interesting, but I'm not sure whether or not I like it! Given all these reviews I'm surprised that I'm indifferent to it - but I am.

I need to wear this for a day.

OneRedRose
OneRedRose

Tried a sample vile spray. Didn't really like this scent, reminds me a bit of Jacques Bogart One Man Show Gold Edition which I didn't care much for either. Too much violet for my personal taste..... resembles like a violety bitter tabaccoey blue-berry pie-filling without the sweetness. Probably good for the office if you like that sort of scent.

babygurl72
babygurl72

My favorite Lalique so far. At the beginning i get a cherry tobacco vibe, which works well with the oud. Im a woman, and i wear this! I also get lots of compliments. Dont be afraid to buy this one.

Carestinus
Carestinus

After being a total fan of Lalique's Encre Noire and Dior's Fahrenheit Absolute for years now, the idea of a violet-oud combo made me go mad and definitely my expectations were too high and specific. Take that into account for the following.

Hommage á l'homme is a very nice scent but it doesn't go further than most good mainstream offerings. There is no edge and every wearing makes me eventually feel the urge to go and spray something else to get some excitement.

Don't get me wrong, it smells nice... it's even very nice... I get a fully clean cigarette smell, the tobacco you get when the cigarette hasn't yet been burnt (this is so obvious to me that I wonder what is being blended to produce it since it is not listed, I second you antonpan) and then some pepper together with a refined blast of violets. I wonder why good ingredients don't always make a great blend. I also wonder where is the reported oud. I think in this case what is missing is an oomph factor. Instead of going wild or dark, or even unique, the mix leans towards caramel and powdery violet, the aroma of those violet candies, sweet, very polished but sooner or later bland.

I reckon the problem here is my own taste. I am neither looking for office type of scents nor business meetings so I feel a bit bored wearing this. However, to be fair, it's been complimented a lot by my relatives and friends (perhaps because they do expect me to become a serious polished businessman one day haha).

I'm truly sorry but this is a no no no (for my own body).

PS: as usual, the bottle is amazing as in all Lalique scents.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

This is another classic scent by Lalique! The bottle, of course, is stunning. The fragrance opens with violet and I also smell caramel at the beginning. It is fresh and clean. It is perfect for day or night, and I like that. It lasts a long time on me.

EloquentOgre

I knew to expect an impressive bottle, given it was a Lalique fragrance, but wow, this one really is gorgeous. Pictures just don't do it justice. But we're here to talk fragrance, not bottles!

I never thought of how violet leaf and oud would mix, but a quick breath of the opening of Hommage a l'Homme reveals they mix incredibly well. It's a match absolutely made in heaven. As I revelled in it, I could hardly believe this fragrance was as inexpensive as it was (just over 40$ for me). As I inhaled the beautiful blend, notes of violet flower, soft, smooth and beautiful, and subtle notes of pepper also began to enter the picture, and they served to augment the agarwood and violet leaf, and did so quite well. The whole image is completed by sweet notes of tonka and ambery notes of labdanum.

After the first hour or so, the violet leaf begins to fade, and the violet flower becomes more noticeable, and this trend seems to continue through the fragrances life until the key players, the violet flower, violet leaf, oud are all sharing the stage equally, still complemented by the pepper. And it is good. The fragrance lasts on me a good 6 to 8 hours, slowly fading into a skin scent, and then lingering on for a bit longer.

As I said already, given the packaging and quality of the fragrance itself, I simply cannot believe that this fragrance is inexpensive as it is. It is through and through a work of art, very beautiful, very enticing. I'm glad I finally pulled the trigger and bought it, it was well worth the money. One thing I'm learning in my adventures with fragrance is that price is not a measure of quality, there are some real gems out there at all price levels, and this one is one such perfume.

longz
longz

At the first spray, I don't like this fragrant. For me it's too herbal scent. Lalique hommage scent similar with traditional herbal from my country. IMO: you should try this one before you buy. I blind buy this lalique because the gorgeous bottle.

Today, I give it try again and I hope I become like it (*Even just for a little)

I think that's original and amazing but don't like the Herbal burst scent.

Edit : After 1 hours, the scent turn into amazing oud, love the dry down.^^
you should wait to sniff the amazing scent from lalique.

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

This perfume has a strong character. Agarwood and violet make a wonderful combination together. Nice refined powdery drydown. As always, Lalique flasks are works of art. Long lasting, and got some compliments. Thumbs up.

EloquentOgre

Prada Luna Rossa smells of a luxury hotel soap infused with essences of lavender, mint and orange. This fragrance has entirely different composition, and entirely different character. Entirely different. Violets and Violet leaf, offset by oud and pepper, with a soft almost sweet ambery background probably provided by the Labdanum.

carera
carera

Ihave snif today sorry for laliqe lovers iwas dissapointment idont mean its not beautiful but its different copy of kiton and prada luna smell them&compare !!!

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Lalique never fails, and this is real tribute to the men.
Hommage a L'Homme is unique, combines floral accents of violet and saffron and fresh with hints of citrus. This is a fresh floral and powdery by the predominance of violet leaf but the leaf to flower difference is that the leaf has a more refreshing, metallic, almost frosty air and balances the powdery touch, different flower that is more creamy and powdery equilibrate perfectly. Reconciled appear a touch of pepper and a well-warming shy sweetie by tonka bean, this in a set after opening.
The base has a discreetly agar wood / oud appears, means that in a curtain behind without destroying it clear fresh floral aroma, and yes, perfectly matching, refining so accurate. Bravo!

kam_batra
kam_batra

Interesting bottle design. Smells is great but what a lousy lasting power and silage of this scent.

I had to sell my bottle as I can't tolerate any non-performers in my collection.

Unique scent with a great bottle design, no good if the juice doesn't last.

aromaphile
aromaphile

Months ago, I purchased Encre Noire. What impressed me the most, aside from attractive bottle and pricetag, was the quality of the scent. I'm not a chemist. Nor do I possess the ability to dissect a fragrance to the molecule...and I don't have a large niche collection. Iso E Super? Whatever. EN smells, to me, like a beautiful, smoky, earthy, moist vetiver.

Thanks for baring with me on that tangent...

Hommage is another quality release from Lalique. Initially, the main theme to my nose is fresh violet/cedar. There's a warmth that presents itself in this beginning stage, but only slightly. As the olfactive journey continues the scent warms, however subdued, as it blends seamlessly into the base.

Leave your expectations at the door (positive or otherwise) and check it out...for the bottle if nothing else.

ronnie1975
ronnie1975

very nice scent, soft floral( violet) , get nice pepper and bergamont. longevity and projection bit low .
3-5 hours on my skin.
it feels like a tea /fruit note also

update; its so versatile to wear, its beautiful.
next to my platinum egoiste right now love it.

downside weak projection 9.7 rating, better projection would be a perfect 10

MUST8936
MUST8936

The big brother of Terre d'Hermes.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

After experiencing with Encre Noire, this fragrance gives quite difference nuances than the first one. Blast of sweet spicy at the opening, really pleasant then followed by faint floral notes afterward. On me, it has moderate long lasting and sillage...but I couldn't stop sniffing on it!

reinhard5490
reinhard5490

The House that never fails to amaze me. The Glassmaker that makes perfume and successfully doing their best. now they delivers Homage to the Man. I expect it would be something like those oud that showering the market currently

Thank God, its not like any of those. its softly sweet woody floral spicy. very well blended, I never smells something as nicely done like Hommage in other mainstream fragrance. its complex, not simple. its soft, but projecting. its stays long, but doesnt gets cloying. Lalique gives you a quality that you'll only see on those niche segments of fragrance. perfectly blended, quality ingredients that make sure that everything goes well, a Lalique very signature of a quality fragrance

spray-wise, the oud note contribute to its sweetness and easily gets cloying. its better when you wear cotton fabrics, Hommage really stays at cotton and woolen, and also projects better in these fabrics. the sillage is not a screaming kind, but rather soft and inviting. not something that you usually get from mainstream designer fragrance, reminds me of how Frederic Malle projects

the Bottle is... well, few if any brands that can ever match Lalique bottle. the sprayer is nice, only at the first time it seems to be spitting instead of spraying. but after few usage, the sprayer will spray quite large cloud. just like Lalique Pour Homme. very good sprayer and bottle. put in in your showcase, your friend will ask in amazement what is this. fabulous

projects soft might seemed like doesnt project for some, especially if you get used to those strong monsters. Hommage is a fragrance with niche characters, those quality... albeit being soft it still there, people will notice you for sure, cause nothing like this fragrance scent. totally unique, totally worth to keeps. a fragrance that would fit a groom, a man with tuxedo in a dinner. a man with attitude.

think about someone like George Clooney walk in a dinner formal party, when he walks, all ladies head turned on how nice and inviting he smells. he smells like a true gentleman, not a boy in trance club of Europe or a muscle macho man in Conan The Barbarian movie. This man is charming, with a princely manner walks down the stairs, he kiss a ladies hand before inviting her to drive around Monaco with his Bentley. He knows what he deserve to have

Homage to the Man.
★★★★★

SuperUltraFabulous
SuperUltraFabulous

This is really classy stuff here. Probably one of the gems of my budding collection. Hommage is complex, long lasting, and entirely beautiful.

Spray lightly and you will rewarded with all the notes you see listed above, especially an oud note that smells a little close to vetiver (perhaps this is a transitional fragrance for Encre Noire people).

Overspray and the violet stays prominently on your skin and your clothes all day (this EDT is tenacious on clothing only slightly less so on skin).

• There are no odd smells or anything remotely suggestive of commercial or designer fragrances; this is entirely niche and upscale.

• I would definitely wear this with my finest garments. Excellent for the office.

• I get compliments when I wear Hommage.

• The atomizer disperses fragrance really well... a rather large cloud.

• The bottle is lovely.

• I got wonderful customer service when I visited the Lalique boutique.

m_e110
m_e110

enfejar jadid lalique mitonam faghat begam bombe nitroghenie super sexy

Kain
Kain

I'm a big fan of Lalique house because most of their fragrances has really nice smell, good quality and for the price you're paying for they are great and they worth it.
So I blind bought this fragrance!
It's a good fragrance but to be honest with you it's not as great as other Lalique fragrances that I have or had!
The opening is sweet, dark and woody scent with noticeable violet note.
I can smell oud and violet hand to hand with sweet and pepper notes mixing with them.
The oud note here is not very strong or medicinal. it's just there to give the scent woody and dark aroma. so this fragrance is not a power house for winter! it's a good choice for spring and fall.
Now in the mid all notes settled down very quick. the oud note doesn't have that dark aroma anymore. it does have just a normal woody smell, the violet still exist and the sweetness and pepper are in the background. it's very close to the skin and doesn't project that much.
In the base I can smell a very light woody scent mixed with weak violet and the scent has a soapy vibe.
Both projection and longevity are weak on my skin. last only 2-3 hours and project only for 1 hour.
Nice smell but there is nothing special here.
Just sold my bottle a few days after buying it!!
من شخصا از طرفداران پروپاقرص عطرهاي لاليك هستم چون به نسبت قيمتشون هم كيفيت خيلي خوبي دارن و هم بوي خيلي خوب
با توجه به اين قضيه من اين عطر به محض اينكه اومد و بدون تست خريدم
راستشو بخوام بگم و صادقانه، عطر چندان جالبي نيست و به خوبي عطرهاي ديگه لاليك نيست اما عطر بدي هم نيست و بوي خوبي داره
اولش بوي چوبي با حس تاريك عود ميده به همراه رايحه گل بنفشه و مقدار قابل مشخصي فلفل و رايحه هاي شيرين كه با هم تركيب شدن
بوي عود اينجا خيلي قوي نيست. فقط در حدي كه يه حس تاريك به عطر بده
در ادامه خيلي زود همه رايحه ها بشدت ضعيف ميشن
بوي عود ديگه اون تاريكي رو نداره و بوي چوبي معمولي داره و مقداري گل بفشه و مقدار خيلي كمي هم فلفل و رايحه هاي شيرين اونو همراهي ميكنن. بوش ضعيفه و به سختي به شمام ميرسه
در رايحه پايه شما يه بوي ضعيف چوب همراه با گل بنفشه دارين كه يه ته بوي صابوني اونا رو همراهي ميكنه
متاسفانه پخش بو و ماندگاري اين عطر اصلا خوب نيست. حدود 2-3 ساعت ماندگاري داره و فقط تو يه ساعت اول پخش بو داره. البته اونم نه خيلي زياد
چند روز پس از اينكه اين عطرُ خريدم فروختمش رفت

vergil_s
vergil_s

این عطر با یه نت خوب از فلفل سیاه به نظرم هم یه مقدار تندی زعفران که کمی هم عطر رو شیرین میکنه باز میشه.
بعدشم نت فلفل هست اما کنارش رایحه ی گل بنفشه و نت خاکی عود مشهوده.
اینجا عود خاکی و دودیه تقریبا.
اما به نظرم خیلی هم کار خاصی نیست.
رو پوست من زود محو شد.
.............................................
کاملا با کین عزیز موافقم.
اولش فکر کردم فقط من این احساس رو دارم .
بوی نت های عطر خیلی زود کم رنگ میشه و از بین میره!
بعد 2ساعت انگار هیچ بویی به غیر از بوی خفیف بنفشه و فلفل نمیاد.

fotis
fotis

Originally sensual, but later evolves into something acidic that does not match my skin. Τhe design of the bottle is great.

DoraRoxx
DoraRoxx

Something NEW! Hey Hey!
I really like the scent after an hour.
In the beginning I only get flowers (Violet and Rose?) and pepper. Later the musk/ woody warm feeling. Could there really be Oud inside?
I LIKE it!
Reminds me of NOBILE 1942 ponte vecchio for men.
Not much oud at all but nice EDT that can last up to 3 hours. After that I guess no one will notice it anymore.
Maybe it grows on me and i will purchase.
Bottle is of course elegant but I am not waering the bottle, I am wearing the scent!;)
Sillage is average. Thats okay. It is not a loud scent. More elegant and mystical.

I want a more intense version! add more oud and vanilla!!! Come on!

AJ73
AJ73

A clean and young fragrance. In a good way.. I mean not like al other clean/fresh synthetic rubbish that is on the market nowadays. For Hommage, Lalique chose a different recipe. There are no popular ingredients like vetiver, cedar or citrus. There is Oud which might be the next hype but here it is used moderately in a nice and balanced composition. There is this cigarette tobacco note. PallMall as I remember.. as it smelled more sweet and tea like. Then the whole thing reminds me of driving a new BMW with light leather seats. Very luxurious and perhaps a little too polished and handsome. I would have liked some roughness here.

Two months later:
Despite what I wrote before the scent became quite boring to me so I swapped with a friend for a bottle of (discontinued) Eau de Monsieur by Annick Goutal ;-)

antonpan
antonpan

An extremely natural smell with an almost "niche" quality. Although tobacco is not listed as one of the notes, to me Hommage is a tobacco scent. It starts quite bitter and "Fahrenheit-y" with a big amount of violets that could make a "petrolium vibe". But soon the fragrance becomes delicate and sublime and starts to remind of a real tobacco, like that in the package of cigarettes: rich yet light, a bit sweet and dry & bitter (peppery?) in the dry down.

Hommage a L'Homme is easy to wear scent (because of the high quality of ingridients) and has a wonderful longevity. Nevertheless it is not loud and stays close to skin. I assume this release has a big future.

The bottle is a masterpiece.

apointofsmell
apointofsmell

I tried it this moning and I was thrilled by the very first sniff. Smoky and fresh at the same time, very original with good longevity and sillage. Probably the best new launch for 2012 I ve smelled up today. Notes (from prime-beaute): top: violet leaves, bergamot, saffron, Mid: chilli leaves(!), violet, black pepper Base: labdanum, oud, musk

pawel5791
pawel5791

interesting fragrance, reminds me of dior fahrenheit and something I can't identify at the moment . really nice bottle.

leecher88
leecher88

design of the bottle is amazing !!!!
nice one interesting how it would smell

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lalique Hommage a L'Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Lalique Hommage a L'Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Hommage a L'Homme by Lalique. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Hommage a L'Homme by Lalique represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.