Designers » L » Oriental Woody « Groups

Hommage a l'homme Voyageur Lalique for men

Hommage a l'homme Voyageur Lalique for men
dislike

Hommage a l'homme Voyageur Lalique for men Pictures Hommage a l'homme Voyageur Lalique for men Pictures Hommage a l'homme Voyageur Lalique for men Pictures

Lalique also presents a new masculine fragrance, Hommage à l'Homme Voyageur. Lalique Hommage à l'homme Voyageur, inspired by travel, is as dark as the blue waves of the Atlantic at night. It is a blend of bergamot and cardamom in the top, vetiver, patchouli and papyrus in the heart and vanilla, amber and moss at the base.

The fragrance is available in a bottle inspired by the Lalique Duncan Collection from 1931 as 50 and 100 ml EDT. Hommage a l'homme Voyageur was launched in 2014. Hommage a l'homme Voyageur was created by Michel Almairac and Mylène Alran.

Bergamot Cardamom

Vetiver Patchouli Papyrus

Vanilla Amber Moss

Hommage a l'homme Voyageur Fragrance Reviews

MetalMan
MetalMan

Every single day is a gift and a burden when you are lost. I am at a loss for words to truly display the depths of my frustration and the blind hope I cling to for the sake of normalcy. I do not know where life is leading me and I constantly fail to enjoy the tedious nature of day to day existence - I am swimming in a sea of doubt, regret, self-loathing, and complacency....if there is a hell, I'm sure this is pretty close to it! I digress...Whilst trying to refuel my hopefulness, I decided to adorn myself in the gift of a friend, Lalique Hommage à l'Homme Voyageur.

The name is a mouthful but the scent is a smooth operator! It took four full wears for me to finally appreciate what this is - which is rare for Lalique as I usually love them from first spray! This fume is all about the depths and nuances of patchouli - if you don't appreciate that then stay away (instead of posting dozens and dozens of hater reviews)! To my nose, this is a celebration of patchouli - it is thick, dense, humid, slightly plastic at times, and somehow smooth like a fresh leather jacket. It would be foolish to say that there isn't a connection to Encre Noire as the dark and smoky vetiver in that is present in this fume as well, but is is heavily accented by the slightly off cousin, nagarmotha! It's a very dark green concoction that sometimes feels like being drowned in a sea of foliage (not like the Happening though - that movie was terrible). I cannot help but think over-inflated egos and ridiculously expensive tailored suits when I smell this - it would be a perfect accompaniment if that was your deal. I will rock the hell out of it in my t-shirt and jeans any day though. The heart notes last for three hours or so before transitioning into a slightly warmer and airy amber and oakmoss tinged patchouli. I can't help but think of a fluffy wool sweater at this point (from leather jackets and snazzy suits...) as it is far less austere and daunting. The scent begins to take on the freshness of a cool breeze in a warm forest with the oakmoss gaining power against the strength of the patchouli - the amber and oakmoss duo creates the perfect balance. Hours later, there is a honeyed oakmoss note (paired with a very attractive white musk) that is very reminiscent of that found in Bergamote Boisee with equal beauty and quality! This went from a like to a love with this final wearing - I'm glad I own this classy beauty! I hope we all find some good, solid ground to thrive on!

Day 47 - Swimming
Listening to: Tool - Disposition

evilspin
evilspin

I love the original homage l'ahomme from Lalique, I did a blind buy on this one upon reading the reviews here. I can't say I'm impressed sadly. Yes I get the glue-like sense people are talking about but besides that I wasn't loving this. This is unisex for me and this reminded me of Gucci Rush ll for women. My friend used to wear that and this instantly reminded me of her. I showed her this sfter and she agreed and said this smells like it's got girls. And I agree. I'm not knocking down the scent as a whole but sadly I would have rather gotten the inital frsgrance I was gonna get but opted to try this one...and that was Alfred dunhil icon. That one is amazing manly yet fresh woodsy and citrusy and underrated

masak389
masak389

No more words can be added to Houdini4 review. Just a good and accurate description to a underrated and beautiful fragrance

I've been waiting to try this fragrance since long before it was released and I can't believe it's taken me until now to finally get my nose on and subsequently purchase Lalique Hommage A L'Homme Voyageur.
The main reason was that the release of this scent coincided with the withdrawal of Lalique from Selfridges in the UK meaning that Lalique could only be found in the remotest boutiques and even then many didn't carry the new fragrances like this one or Encre Noire Sport.
I managed to find this in an ornament shop which sold Lalique glassware and several nice fragrances from Lalique and Bentley.
The opening of this was just a yes for me straight out of the bottle, I found it to be a masculine poem of notes which invoked a list of fragrance comparisons in my mind but nothing, the same or copied as you'd expect from Lalique.
The citrus brightness of the opening then woods of vetiver and cypress with oakmoss it actually evoked Vintage Halston Z14 or TF Italian Cypress. That was my impression on the first wear but with each subsequent wear this fragrance changes and the main event now is the unforgettable and smooth signature of patchouli adding the earthy smokey effect of birch wood at times. Another comparison would be to Guerlain Heritage or even Lubin Idole. This fragrance coupled with the smokey smell of cigar smoke on my coat actually conjured up Creed Aventus for a brief moment.
Very interesting and subtle stuff from Lalique the drydown is a pleasant combination of amber and patchouli which is chunky but smooth and the citrus top notes actually last a long time before retreating.
Personally, I think this fragrance is another success story from Lalique and very nearly something I love unconditionally. The only reason I don't and have slightly less enthusiasm for it than I did at first sniff is because wearing HL'HV a few times my 'love' has mellowed & dwindled to just a 'like'.
Lasting power is okay and silage too, Lalique have added a really decent fragrance to an already strong lineup.

zjevander
zjevander

At first I did not know what to think with this fragrance? Is that really glue-like smell going to stick around or what? But this fragrance is AMAZEBALLS!! The Patchouli and Amber are what stick out most to me about this fragrance. I can smell the papyrus (or cypriol oil same thing) I think, I haven't smelled papyrus on its own, but I think I can spot it through trial and error. This fragrance is great, I smelled the gluey note when I first started wearing this fragrance, but after a couple of weeks I don't smell it anymore. This composition is so wonderful, I can't say one thing bad about it. I think this is a great blind buy, very sweet patchouli and vetiver with papyrus and amber and vanilla, etc. You can't go wrong with these notes. Another Unique from Lalique that is just a great, dry, sweet manly scent.
Scent: 8.5
Price/Value: 10
Longevity: 8.5
Sillage: 7.5

joe38
joe38

Ingenious composition !!!
Aptly naming !! As if it were made during the trip components collected!
Stylish and sophisticated cocktail is classy!
Nevertheless, youthful and sensual oriental and modern too ....
It includes carry a classic feeling as a universal and timeless fragrance!
Not the striking potency but beautifully performed during the day!
Strong in the collection is recommended and not risky blind indulgence!
I think 8.5 / 10 assessment of the real smell!

Junaid777
Junaid777

I purchased it a week ago and after a few applications i must say im thoroughly disappointed with it. It has a bitter opening and a powdery dry down and then pooof....its gone. I dont smell anything at all. May be it doesnt suit my skin type.

farno
farno

I love L'Homme Voyageur. To me it smells like Lui by Rochas with added vetiver. In the the dry down the vetiver almost gone and that's when it is almost identical to Lui. I am certain that there is neroli in this and I am surprised that no one has mentioned it.

Sam37
Sam37

great perfume, it is classy, gentle, masculine.

K1
K1

I do believe in Lalique. Their most generous fragrances have quality and class. This one is a nice touch of spicy fresh notes and papyrus. Cardamom potentially is a dandy note. It's rounded and biting at the same time. Hommage Voyageur is a juxtaposition of spicy and icy citrus opening, plus ambery vetiver surprise coming much earlier than expected. The core of the fragrance is on frosted dry vetiver and light patchouli infused in vanilla oriented amber. The result is so instant and dandy, green, foggy, earthy and spicy. Nice item to get rid of stress.
★★★

ianannable
ianannable

A fine addition to the Lalique collection. The fresh,spicy notes combine well with a touch of sweetness. This is not your run of the mill fragrance,it has a quirky twist.

This is classy,versatile and definitely worth looking at. A fragrance that grows on you with time. No regrets on this one.

iBehnam
iBehnam

من این ادکلن رو بدون تست خریدم و با اعتمادی که به لالیک داشتم و خوشبختانه راضیم ازش. ترکیب هل با خس خس عالیه، بر خلاف خیلی از ادکلن های متوسط که به نظر من ترکیباتی که با هل به کار بردن خوب نشده. پخش بوی بالا و ماندگاری حداقل 8-9 ساعت

CGV

2nd feedback: good stuff. Very good. First I was a bit concerned in regrads to its performance but it does its job well requiring a good few sprays. I like to indulge in the fragrance Iam using and this is a typical one I like to put more on than usual. Its never offending anyways. The sour & bitter aspects are soooooo yummy and juicy in a dark, mysterious way. love it!

CGV

I agree with Martin about the sour & bitter aspects of this fragrance which I totally dig. It has balls. I dont get however (thankfully) any of the silkyness which others do describe. On me this is vivid, sparkling dark blue, advantureous, fresh aromatic spicy with a sharp, bitter & sour edge throughout the lifetime. its linear for sure. at the very end some smoothness and distant creamyness comes in and a delightful sweetness is playing around from earlier stages still. A natural, smooth, vetiver takes the final stages just like in case of Eau Sauvage Parfum. Never boring with a great overall performance. smells like a cracking dark blue ice cold cocktail. signature scent for the right type of guy! use both on skin & fabric so you get different drydowns with different timings!

Martin__
Martin__

The opening is sour and very spicy in the same time. It's one of the very few fragrances, where cardamom is a backbone. I could swear I feel violet, the same one that is present in original Hommage a L'Homme. It reminds me of kind of a sharper, more sour and more mature (I would say) flanker of YSL La Nuit de L'Homme at that moment (however, both contain a big amount of vanilla). Then it starts getting more and more bitter with every minute. That is when dusty patchouli, woody and inky vetiver and dry papyrus come in. But that's not just it. In the same time Voyageur is changing into a mossy scent. Yes, spicy, woody and mossy - that is how I would describe it.

Longevity is good, around 9 hours, sillage is a little below average.

IMO Voyageur is better than its predecessor.

Knightofwands
Knightofwands

A flanker only in name and (gorgeous) bottle design, this is a completely different scent to the original Hommage. There are similarities to Kokorico, but this is more complex and refined. I have smelled Kokorico in a shop, and wasn't that keen due to its overwhelming dirty patchouli note, so am not able to do a side by side comparison.
Voyageur has a well balanced patchouli note, with the vanilla, cardamom and vetiver complimenting it.
This, for me, is quite a challenging scent. I find it dark, dry, brooding and mysterious. The quality is, as always with Lalique, excellent and it's beautifully composed. YET, there's something about its dryness that causes me to often select other scents in my wardrobe over this one. This said, when I do spray it on and go through the dry down, I wonder if this could, one day become my signature scent (if, as fragrance collector, I can ever get to that point with so many choices in my wardrobe!) . Now available at less than £30, and with great quality and performance, it's a serious contender.
This is truly a bottle of mystery and contradictions, refinement and individuality, and of paradox. Be patient with this one, it takes time to unravel its secrets! -:)

E-Jam Q
E-Jam Q

I bought this frag.Because I find The encre noir too strong.This is more my kinda scent.Yes it tend to smell glueish in the first 10+ minutes but after that it,s super cool.8/10 for my taste.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Hommage à l’Homme Voyageur is a spicy-woody scent with a quite “glueish”, rubbery texture, inky polished notes of vetiver and cedar with a slight sort of “petrol” aftertaste, softened by floral notes (I get something like violet although I don’t see it listed, however something talc-powdery), sandalwood on the base, all refreshed by a conventional citrus-bergamot accord. As I said the vetiver (and all the scent actually) is quite on the Encre Noire genre, salty and “waxy”: together with cypriol, patchouli and oak moss notes, all the three basically smelling like nuances of plastic, it creates and smell halfway ink and brand new leather (freshly-cleaned with shoe polish). Good persistence. Besides Encre Noire it also reminds me slightly of Jil Sander Man from 2007, although less smoky, less soft, less elegant. Overall a bit uninspired and surely not “realistic” at all as regards of the woody notes (so definitely fans of earthy & raw vetiver may want to skip this); but in its chemical, “urban”, polished and office-safe contemporariness, it’s not bad. An easy-going scent, decently nice for all situations. It should just cost a couple of dozens of euros less.

6,5/10

murysusanto

Having to give away my kokorico by gaultier so I stick to this one, and after few comparison and not using it for a while, again I certainly would go for this one than kokorico.This smells very unique, close to armani attitude but last very long so I'm liking it much better now.

jhitt793
jhitt793

Hommage a l'homme Voyageur begins energetic and assertive as an immediate rush of bergamot and cardamom is perceived. The bergamot is zesty and bright and combines well with cardamom's spicy aromatics. Together they create a delicate balance of citrus, spice and sweet resinous scents. Following this dynamic opening, things gently become carefully subdued and muted. Vetiver's woody, arid quality dominates, accented by cypriol's (papyrus) earthy dryness. Nuances of patchouli and it's dark edge pierce through, but never distracting from the overall composition. In the base, warm amber offers a touch of sensuality and a deep sweetness mirrored well with an albeit subtle vanilla note. Oak moss further embellishes the musky and rich earthy tonalities of the fragrance, pairing well with aforementioned vetiver. To me this new addition (flanker if you will) to the Lalique line stands apart from its predecessor Hommage a l'Homme. They smell nothing alike in my opinion, which is a good thing. Each stands alone as a separate fragrance, neither leaning on or referencing the other. Voyageur is an exotic journey into the orient; masculine, sensual and open to discovery. (164)

smora
smora

Interesting scent, created by Michel Almairac and Mylene Alran. It is something in between classic male perfumery and fresh aquatic scent. Male fresh elegance, combining strong, earthy and transparent patchouli with humid aquatic notes, and small amount of spices. Well mannered scent, a little bit stiff and emotionally cold (the color of the bottle is perfectly matched with juice), but a small dose of sweetness from the base brings out some hidden charm and humanity.
Easy to wear, even in the formal environment. Very good Lalique.

Rating: hybrid ****

murysusanto

Got my stuff today, I had a strong feeling as this was blind buy that this stuff will be something similar to Gaultier Kokorico and voila...it is! Very similar, although I like Lalique better, Gaultier has that overwhelmed earthy smell, soil like. But this tends to last even in hot days. Oh well, I'm not surprised. I expect to have sweeter smell though, but its ok.

hamed perfumer
hamed perfumer

Hi
I test it today . It's smell like encer noir sport + Patchouli !!!
both of longevity and sillage are moderate !
It's not for me!

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

Voyageur has a nice Bergamot opening with a lot of spicy Cardamom. The middle and base notes seem to work hand in hand and introduce themselves early on, Patchouly and Vetiver take centre stage and on my skin the Vetiver comes through beautifully and what makes it special is how it is complemented by the base notes, which are Vanilla and Papyrus. If you can imagine how the Vanilla-Cypress combo in L'Occitane's Eau de Baux works to create a kind of leafy tobacco vibe (that is clean, green and creamy at the same time), well I kind of get a similar effect here, but more soft. A few years ago at a BBQ a friend offered me a vanilla infused cigar with an aromatic pale brown wrapper, the smell of the wrapper was subtle, spicy and absolutely divine, this mixture of Vanilla-Papyrus-Moss kind of reminds me of that. In combination with the citrus, spice and vetiver it makes for a very interesting and elegant composition.

I think that with such a mixture of notes, this fragrance could easily have been a total disaster. But each note is kept to a level of subtlety and blended so masterfully that the overall effect, it's freshness, spiciness and creaminess, is very natural smelling with execution that is seemingly effortless.

Longevity is excellent, I sprayed it on the back of my hand 8 hrs ago and after a workout and a shower I can still smell it. If, however, you are looking for a projection/sillage monster then this is not for you. This one is subtle and classy, it is not a barbaric shout, but an intimate, gentleman-like yet authoritative whisper. Just perfect.

My wife was unsure whether she really liked it or not, but I'm sure it would grow on her. Personally, I am really liking it and could see myself wearing the hell out of this as a daily scent. It's on my to-buy list...

What I love about Lalique is that they produce niche quality at an affordable price and they don't make a big song and dance about putting 100+ ingredients into a perfume. They conceptualise and blend simple formulae yet do so with innovation and high quality ingredients. Voyageur is a perfect example of this and I have to say it exceeded my expectations, it gets a big thumbs up from me!

freddiefingers

This can equally be classified as as woody spicy as I find it spicy enough to fit that classification.

It has a citrus opening but that is not all there is as you do get pretty much all the main characters there too-by which I mean the patchouli and vetiver.The opening does not last long and as the bergamot recedes what we are left with is a patchouli dominated fragrance .If you are not into that note then this might not be for you.Behind the patchouli is a dry vetiver which combined with the patch gives this a nose burning combo but being a fan of both notes I find this very tolerable as I believe the base notes of vanilla,amber and moss serve to give this a slightly milky or creamy feel.It manages to stay linear on my skin but after 3 hours it loses it's potency and creates a minimal scent bubble around.

I get a good 6 hours of longevity on this after which it becomes a good skin scent and the sillage is moderate enough

I do not find this an original creation given the fact that one note-patchouli-really stands out and once you smell you might,given your disposition to fragrances,feel you have smelled something similar in the past.That was my initial reaction and it dawned on me the dry down is similar to that of Dolce & Gabbana's Velvet Patchouli.The only difference here being this has a more sparkling feel to it.

This will be good for spring days and evenings and for fall.It's not too obtrusive so can be versatile in that respect.The bottle is just a darker shade of the original and the sprayer shoots out massively so beware.It's a classy fragrance which I like and may come to love after time

Hey @freddiefingers

I agree with your original point and repost to an extent.
I have often fell victim to modern technology(ie iPhones iPads etc...) when surfing the web pressing things mistakenly due to touch screen swishing and swiping.
I've noticed I've voted on sillage and longevity before without being aware and sometimes without having tried the fragrance which is what is frustrating to both of us given that this corrupts the results and the data becomes impure and subject to false positives/negatives.
I suspect this might account for some of the 'early bird' responses. Just a thought.

Anyway...I'm truly looking forward to trying this as a proud owner of Hommage L'Homme it seems really interesting from the notes listed here and the bottle looks stunning in that colour.

matty64
matty64

I love the design of the bottle. A window within a window...The color of the bottle is also somehow comforting.

@perfumecritic

I dont doubt your point but why not write a proper review based on the scent experience or are they sworn to secrecy?The issue we have here is people voting based on the list of notes and shape of a bottle and or packaging.That is juvenile.

fqjcior
fqjcior

Thierry De Baschamkoff is the nose? C'mon Fragrantica, please check it out. The guy is a bottle designer, but not the perfumer!

perfumecritic
perfumecritic

Hi Freddie: Some of us work in the industry and we get lab samples or pre-release testers to write about or for PR purposes....As a journalist, I get a package every week of something that hasn't launched yet...

freddiefingers

Here we go again:this is to come out in 2014 but someone has already voted on sillage and the season and time of day to wear this!
these retards ought to grow up!

SuperUltraFabulous
SuperUltraFabulous

Yummy. Can't wait to try this!!!

I get so many compliments with the original Hommage a l'homme. I'm curious if the two fragrances share any olfactive DNA :^)

Hommage a l'homme Voyageur by Lalique 4.20 out of 5 based on 120 ratings and 32 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lalique Hommage a l'homme Voyageur fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Lalique Hommage a l'homme Voyageur, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Hommage a l'homme Voyageur by Lalique. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Hommage a l'homme Voyageur by Lalique represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.