Designers » L » Chypre Floral « Groups

Perles De Lalique Lalique for women

Perles De Lalique Lalique for women
dislike

I have it: 451 I had it: 133 I want it: 290 My signature: 12

This perfume was introduced in 2006. It won a best-perfume award in 2007 by Marie Claire. There are two kinds of bottle; one was designed especially as an extrait de parfum 60ml bottle and the other as Eau de Toilette 50ml and 100ml bottle. The extrait de parfum bottle was inspired by by the René Lalique “Cactus” powder bowl of 1928, which is the real symbol of femininity. The flacon is handmade, made of opal with a beautiful stopper adorned by black dots.Every single bottle is signed and has its own unique number. This chypre-floral compositon was designed by Nathalie Lorson, Firmenich. The notes are voluptuous, intoxicating, feminine and very seductive. Bulgarin rose shines with its sweet and spicy nuances. At its heart, the note of sensual and powdery iris caressed by bourbon pepper which offers the wave of some modern colouring seguing into patchouli and musks. The casmir note gives off its elegant and refined character.

Rose

Pepper iris

Patchouli Orris Root Oakmoss Vetiver Cashmirwood

Elle
Midnight Poison

Perles De Lalique Fragrance Reviews

AngeC
AngeC

Ordered a tester for this based on all the reviews here - unfortunately didn't work for me. I guess it sort of smelt as it is described here, but not nice on me and it immediately dried down to a very faint smell of almost nothing ... like: when you go to the perfume counter and spray a perfume on the card and by the time you've gotten home there's a very very faint whiff of something mixed with card ...that's what it smelt like on me.

Sida

Original and decadent fragrance which unfortunately made a chocolate odour on my skin. I´ve bought it because of bitter vegetable note on the top (pepper+oakmoss?). But it lasted only 5 minutes. I gave it to a guy and it smelled great on him!

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

I have a manufacturer's mini of this, and I absolutely love it. I don't get a whole lot of pepper with Perles de Lalique, which is rare for a pepper frag with my skin. It starts out quite sharp, then mellows into a pungent, rosy creme that is sweet, but restrained.

The most notable aspect of Perles for me is the way that rose blends with powder and pungence to create such a smooth, expertly blended aura. I can see how orris, iris, and vetiver blend with rose and patchouli to create such a scent, yet individual notes do not make themselves known on their own. Without a scent pyramid, I'd be guessing at earth and berries.

The original price is beyond exorbitant, but Perles can be found for a song on various discount sites online, and is well worth the bargain price.

Comparisons to Midnight Poison are not without warrant, but Perles is lighter, fresher, and earthier in its composition. As a substitute it is worthy, but there is no sex in Perles de Lalique and Midnight Poison is a veritable vamp. I would advise taking both frags on their own merits, as each is quite beautiful in its own right. The differences in the two can be easily attributed to the perfumers' preferences, as Cavallier tends to gravitate toward more pungent, visceral notes and Lorson goes for more subtle, creamy blends in my experience.

Perles de Lalique is fresh, creamy, sweet, and unusual, making it a worthy addition to any collection. It is wearable, but uncommon, and quite lovely. A+

angelick
angelick

Got a sample of this beautiful fragrance, and I must say it's a love at first snff for me. Just a question, does nyone think this is similar to Givenchy's very irresistible l'intense? It seems to have the same smoky rose quality in the middle like l'intense to my nose.
That's another favourite fragrance to me, hence the comparison to my nose. Just love it,but perels has a different opening.

auroramaria
auroramaria

This is a very classic and beautiful offerin from Lalique.
It opens powdery with rose and iris and it dries down woody with oakmoss patchouly and vetiver.
It's gorgeous and a bit underrated probably one of the best by Lalique.
It's not too heavy so it can be worn even during spring and summer A real keeper

InfirmièreParfumée
InfirmièreParfumée

It is such an intoxicating fragrance, indeed !

Perles de Lalique is a great scent that makes me want to keep sniffing myself. NOw that is a very good characteristic in a fragrance I look for.

This bottle was a blind buy for me. My first Lalique fragrance. The top note is a slight warm and sharp scent and then it dries down into a slight musky, so womanly fragrance of floral and lushness.

I see this fragrance with a long dress in a ballroom, in a nice spring A-line number in an art gallery...

Such a wonderful fragrance ! I don't see myself getting bored with this one.

Be careful with the younger generation though. It is not a guarantee they will enjoy it.

The scent is slightly more mature. Very sophisticated and mature.

Penny Urn'd
Penny Urn'd

Pearls may go with everything, but Lalique's Perles does not. It stands out rather than blends in with its lush trail of patchouli; spicy, generous black pepper; and a kiss of the romantic, with its beautifully blended rose.

That said, once you spray (and I never use more than 2), you are committed. It stays on my parched skin for an unheard of 6-8 hours.

Another poster has proclaimed it to be better version of Marni. I concur. It has the depth and richness that Marni, while nicely blended, does not.

For a mainstream offering, it might be considered too masculine, too unusual, or too much. If that doesn't scare you, good. Because it is too delicious to pass by.

EmeraldDream
EmeraldDream

This beautiful floral chypre is reminiscent of an old world library. The polished wood table in the middle carries a huge bowl of roses whose perfume permeats the whole room, mingling with old leather and the lingering scent of a burnt-out wood fire, together with pipe smoke that is clinging to the velvet curtains. It is a warm, comforting, rather masculine scent, with just a little too much pepper. Take away some of the sharpness of pepper, and this would be one of my all time favourites. (Tip: dab or spray this on the inside of a leather bracelet or on leather gloves, and you have the most gorgeous leather scent.)

The EdP is very similar to the perfume strength, and much, much more affordable. On the other hand, if you buy the perfume you will get the most beautiful, opaque Lalique bottle with a necklace of feathers in a box that looks like an old fashioned hat box. The packaging is an experience in itself.

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

Gentle Readers, when it comes to perfumes, I love the weirdos, and this perfume is like your grad student neighbor (whose area of study is what, again?) who, you regret knowing, sits in his kitchen night after night in his underpants reading old books and smoking a pipe while the scent of whatever he scortched for his dinner hangs in the air.

Patchouli for unwashed body, pepper for a little sting, vetiver and smouldering sandalwood; appley-piney-musky-woody, camphor and cedar. Like being in a forest fire. Destructively beautiful. So good I'm mixing my metaphors.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

Ladies and Gentleman this is all about the Patchouli! Quite dry and spicy. Out of the bottle it was not appealing to me. On my wrist the fragrance transforms into a lovely warm scent. Honestly I am not getting any form of rose here. This one is bold and strong. If your not a patch fan avoid this one at all costs as it will not be your friend. It has a unisex vibe but then again to me all patchouli scents seem to go both ways. It is very easy to become asnomic this scent so be cautious. It's there you just can't smell it. I am wearing this one side by side to YSL Elle. While the two are sisters they are not identical twins. Elle has a touch more sweet cedar femininity while Perles is a more dry Patchouli. If I had to pick between the two I would go with Elle over Perles yet if your an Elle fan and can't find it at a good cost grab Perles. This is definitely not your common mainstream smelling scent which I do like in a perfume. Ideal for the cooler months. Elle smells fresh cedar and I get a clean yet dirty scent with Perles. This is not a put off by any means yet I would have to be in the mood to wear it and for me that would not be every day.

Phantosmia Bella
Phantosmia Bella

Usually I'm really not a patchouli fan, but this is a great scent.
Rosy, peppery, complicated with the vetiver and cashmirwood creating a fascinating fragrance.
I love this perfume, it's interesting, "serious" but very wearable for all seasons.

longevity is moderate is so is the sillage.

Alley - D
Alley - D

It's taken me at least 5 minutes to try and work out where to start and I'm still struggling. In times like this - when I 'm lost for words I've been told to keep it simple.

Majestic!!!!!!!!!!!

Of the same family as YSL Elle and Midnight Poison. It's a bit redundant to have more than one (I do, cause I'm dumb like that).
This is so full of Iso E Super that the main scent is CEDAR. Perles shares a similar, near fruity rose with the above named fragrances but it's woodier, more powdery and more austere.
If you're debating between the three, I'd say Elle is the driest, Midnight Poison is the sweetest, and Perles is the most earthy.
The patchouli & pepper combination is a bit sharp, and to some noses, perhaps overly so.

loada82
loada82

Wow.
It gives me memories.

pravda48
pravda48

Oh no, someone help! I'm mmmm'ing all over myself like an oddball sniffing my hand O.o

Also something about the base of this reminds me of a L'artisan I can't quite remember.

It's earthy as it can be, lots and lots of delicious patchouli and oakmoss. Lots of rose mixed in very well with that. And something with such a draw behind it! I guess that's the ISO E super?

EDIT: Ok I just did a side by side (by side?) w/ this, Midnight Poison, and Lady Vengeance. They all have the patch/rose theme w/ a cool vibe, but the main differences are:

PdL: LOTS of pepper up front! Dries down to a wonderful woody middle phase, then gets very soft at the patch/rose/iris phase. Testing from a dab vial though so not using a lot. Maybe that'd make a difference.

MP: more citrus/fresh, a cooler tone because of this. So so patch heavy, GREAT sillage and lasting power... but changes a lot in the drydown so that the VANILLA really is in the forefront now (along w/ ever present patch)

VE: actually it's more a lavender/patch w/ a heavily velvety 'scent', a smooth sort of textured smell, due to the ambroxan. But much more lavender than patch on me, w/ the ever-intoxicating patch/bergamot/lavender combo. GREAT sillage/longevity.

So simply because of the longevity issues the other 2 are winning for now. The pepper in this is a pleasant difference in my opinion, and the patch more demure than in MP, and without the love/hate ambroxan of a JHAG.

lindaberlin
lindaberlin

I love this perfume so much I could drink it! Yes, it does smell a bit like YSL Elle. But the pepper, patchouli, rose, oakmoss, vetiver all are so yummy in this fragrance. I wear it and I want to just have a cloud of it around my body all day. I do just notice the iris and cashmir wood, but just beautiful.

casmirlover
casmirlover

So why isn't ISO E Super listed in the notes above?? I checked after puddley's post -Perles de Lalique is listed as second in top ten fragrances with regard to their content in Iso E Super rating - containing 80% of Iso E Super, giving way only to 100% by (in)famous Molecule 01.. I've had this perfume for more than a year now and this information casts a totally new light on my perception of the notes..

musi1701
musi1701

Dieses Parfüm ist etwas besonderes, habe bis jetzt nichts vergleichbares gerochen. Es macht süchtig! Alle in meiner Umgebung mögen dem nicht. Ich liebe es!

jht4060
jht4060

Sometimes first impressions are misleading. I recall a friend of mine recounting an evening at a bar with two strangers, first bewitched by the pretty girl and then by the brainy girl. Perles De Lalique is the brainy girl. I bought it blind and my first trial left me unimpressed - black pepper and lots of Iso E super, where is the rest? After wearing it a few times I finally got the gestalt - a chypre muted to the point of being barely recognizable. A skin-scent chypre with a bit of rose and patchouli to round it out. Quiet elegance. Now please excuse me, because I am immersed in a fascinating conversation with the brainy girl in glasses. The more I talk to her the more attractive she gets.

puddley
puddley

As a fragrance blogger and ardent fumie, I get to smell a lot of high end niche perfumery. More recently, I seem to be turning back to more mainstream and designer scents because of the quality and innovation that is happening in those places that we turned our noses up at - the department store!

I smelt Perles in Selfridges this weekend after a bore-fest at the 'wall of niche' where no new releases and no samples appeared. This perfume flabbergasted me.

Perles is awash with ISO E Super (the velveteen woody aroma-chemical that was responsible for the popularity of Ecsentric Molecules 1). Apparently it contains 80% of it (albeit in dilution of course). The notes read as a standard patchouli chypre, but what you can't perceive from the notes is it's vibrancy. It has an aldehyde-like uplifting brightness that feels immensely euphoric. It reminded me of a less rosy, more woody, version of one of my all time favourites - Calypso by Robert Piguet. The patchouli is there (especially towards the drydown), but it's not overpoweringly patchouli. This stuff has subtly and a great transformation from the peppery bright beginning through to a soft whisper of a woodsy close. It has impressive longevity too.

I would say that this is not 'for women' but unisex. I would also say that it's flipping marvellous!

timeapepper
timeapepper

This is really one of my fav scents. Honestly, if I´m wearing it, I feel like a diva from the 1950´s :O) This perfume is outstanding, I love the masculine touch...I notice some kind of a smokey part in it. Mysterious. It´s not a warm scent, more fresh. The glass is beautyful, a piece of art. I ask myself, why this is not so popular...

Scrilla
Scrilla

What a divine surprise! I just received a decant of this in a swap (thank you, Birsen) and it is so beautiful! I love the opening the most, unlike many of the reviews. I find it opens with a heavy hand of patchouli and sweet rose. I don't get as much pepper as I'd like, but that's only because the scent is so well blended.
After the patchouli blast settles the rose becomes a little more prominent and almost soapy. Rose is tricky for me and often becomes too soapy, this toes the line but is mellowed by the moss and patchouli. A very beautiful, unisex chypre. Modern with classic influences.

Unfortunately it is a skin scent. I love this so much I wanted it to have enough sillage to titillate my nose a little as it wafts up from my chest, but no. Right on the skin. No longevity issues yet. I've had it on for 6 hours now. The price is more than right, however.

Update: spring is coming and the moisture in the air is affecting my perception on some scents now. I love it still, and it is much more spicy. Pepper, of course! Finally my piquant friend, you show your daring edges.

kai.laidla
kai.laidla

I love it and I hate it at the same time. It smells on Your skin like forbidden love affair. That is why I have to have one bottle of this!

Totally different and incredible scent with rose on the top. I never thought that I would like a fragrance with such big amount of rose, but the patchouli is the key. I am really amazed how good are rose, patchouli and pepper together.

To me it seems as one of the most interesting fragrances from Lalique.

birsen
birsen

I love Lalique...And this is one of the best patchouli scents ever. Very nice blended scent, as it dry down gets even better and it lasts forever on me, and i have to note that my skin is a perfume sucker...
Overall very good stuff!

The word that describes this fragrance is quite simple: VERY. At first, it is VERY spicy, like pepper dominated rose totally. Then, it is VERY powdery, cause strong iris leaves nothing behind. And, when luckily iris is gone, the base note is VERY earthy. Roots listed in ingredients must be true! However, to my nose, base note is the best of them. So, it is strong fragrance, and that is why I can't understand one thing. Who called it Perles de Lalique? I expected something subtle, looking at its name and at a beautiful, elegant bottle. But I got peppery-iris-roots smell, far too strong to my nose. I wonder how they sell it if fragrance's looks does not match its content at all...

christianne1
christianne1

I am surprised that I ended up loving Perles de Lalique as much as I do because it has a rather harsh opening. It didn't smell like it could possibly turn into anything that I usually like. But it certainly did...so don't let the opening scare you away because you will be missing out on a whole lot later.

For some reason I am not getting the masculine vibe that others are getting at all. It smells rather feminine to me once the initial odd blast disappears. The dry down is soft and maybe even a little dainty. I get the slightly mentholated camphor quality that others have mentioned (for the first hour or so), which is something I like. I love the Bulgarian rose in this with the patchouli. Perles de Lalique is a fairly gentle fragrance once it dries down but very long lasting.

The dry down on this is absolutely fantastic. Very elegant, refined fragrance but could still be worn casually or pretty much for any occasion, year round. I think Perles is highly underrated.

EDIT: Holy longevity Batman!! 24 hours later including a shower and this is still going strong! Unbelievable! The dry down on this is phenomenal...add to it how long it lasts and this has jumped up to one of my favorite fragrances. I started out "meh" but ended up in LOVE!

JaxTheMinx
JaxTheMinx

As a Lalique fan, I blind purchased a 100ml EDT. It goes on messy and smelly like crushed leaves or a wet forest floor. After a bit it calms and just as I enjoy the dry-down, it vanishes from my skin within an hour and a bit - unlike my other Lalique fragrances.

HOWEVER, when I catch a whiff of it on my previous day's neck scarf, I cannot stop drinking it in. Then it is truly beautiful and quite different to my usual taste in fragrances (florals).

I keep using it and keep hating the initial rough burst of fragrance, but after having read the reviews here, I might consider spraying it on my clothing only. It's nothing like Clinique Wrappings but that initial roughness I experience when I apply it, reminds me of Wrappings, which sends me reeling for the first 10 minutes.

(Wrappings is one of my signature scents but sadly I've not sourced a bottle in years.)

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Sample review:
I agree with everyone who says this smells masculine. On me it's also very masculine. I only see the slightest resemblance with Dior MP, but only in the spiciness of the scent. It doesn't go any further than that for me... The opening of this one is slightly similar to the opening of MP, but MP's dry-down is much more feminine & sensual, more creamy & sweet, where Perles stays masculine on me.
The quality of the fragrance is very good, as is the longevity... it's just not for me.

EDIT: Hmm.... there's something about this scent that makes me want to sniff my arm over and over again. I'm still trying my sample on my arm everyday. It's like: I can't love this scent because I hate (some) of it and I can't hate this scent because I love (some) of it.

guadaval88
guadaval88

Finally I tried it. Madonna wears it a lot. My "innocent" appearence do not fit with this perfum at all,so no one ever could imagine to tell me about it...but when I discovered the notes, and after I've tried a lot of similar and classic stuff, I decided to get it on my skin. It's so clean and dirty at the same time; patchouli mixes with the pepper and rose so well, some kind of smoky, sexy breeze borns from the heart. Nothing is what it seems!-tell this beautiful thing,and it's absolutely true; nice compliments wherever I go, this perfum wakes up a part of me that it's not at first sight at all. Almost perfect!

juri cela
juri cela

I don't smell any rose at all! anyone likes it on me even it smells like a male cologne, always get compliments. And the strange thing is that i dont like this perfume but I keep wearing it O_O

yacoco
yacoco

Midnight Dior
kind of male scent anyway nice but nothing different

ginger68
ginger68

When a few years ago I tried it I said "I cant't stand it!". I didn't understand it, it was so odd on my skin. After reading beautiful reviews I decided to give it another chance. Well.. wow! At first pepper, and I like this spice very much, and camphor. Then it becames very sexy, a modern chypre than maybe a man can wear because it is elegant and not sweet. Very sophisticated fragrance! And now the bottle is mine. So never say never!

id
id

Very nice elegant and special (memorable as well) scent but so short lasting on my skin.

paolalou
paolalou

Perles de Lalique is one of my favourite parfum; I would say that he is a spicy chipre floral, because of the pepper Bourbon. The Essence of Rose of Bulgaria gives him femininity and softens the strong character that can rightly be interpreted as masculine. The noble Iris makes the fragrance richer with its powdery sensual accents. Patchouli and Casmir notes with their intensity complete the fragrance with a touch of elegance and sophistication. Perles de Lalique, I love you!

vicka16
vicka16

I find Perles De Lalique very masculine scent. For me it's all about vetiver and patchouli. In my opinion it is similar to Midnight Poison.

Minnija

this one is SOOOO clean...so amazing! I get compliments every time when I wear it, or at least someone will ask what is that? there i snothing sweet about it, nothing sour...it is very different from most of the perfumes, because it makes illusion of clean but wet cloud around you. and yes, it smells expensive, but price for this one is not expensive at all. Love this stuff

guest_Vie Cafe

I sprayed this on my BF for fun and it was absolutely amazing on his skin!!!

I know this is not a proper review (see my review below), but I recommend that men try it as well. Such a beautiful perfume.

Sida

It turned into chocolate on my skin! The start was beautiful - bitter fresh like you´re mowing inedible grass around a brook. But then cocoa, in the leap.

aficionada
aficionada

Too medicinal, too peppery, too masculine to my nose. If it were a hard perfume it could be used instead of moth balls. I bought this perfume just because I adore EAU DE LALIQUE. Such a shame... I guess this one is not my cup of tea.

WOW
Les perles has a strong "masculine" vibe that is very sexy on a woman. pepper/patchouli/oakmoss make this rose one dark sensual rose indeed. It also have a vintage vibe, but maybe it's because it is a chypre. A lot of older fragrances are chypre or floral and any chypre feels classic to me.

This is not for fans of sparkly or green roses. It is Chypre-woody-spicy! lovely!

vaiduakhu
vaiduakhu

Selective Beauty 2012 product in EdP:
From the bottle I detect a strong rooty but smooth and sensual smell. However, on my skin the patchouli turns very dry, harsh & scratchy. This patchouli does scare me off as I often live in harmony with this note. I receive no tarty red rose. I perceive just a whiff of white rose blended with spicy black pepper. But soon after that the patchouli returns and I can't smell anything besides patchouli again.
What a pity for that!

LittleRed
LittleRed

Yes, there is an initial blast, on the first few sprays, of something very distinctly peppery and almost camphorous as another reviewer noted.

However, this opening has disappeared on all subsequent uses in my case, and now it starts off with just a hint of pepper, followed immediately by the florals. Lovely. The patchouli and vetiver base soon establishes itself and carries on for the duration of this fragrance, giving some weight to the somewhat translucent rose.

bashe
bashe

this is so unique! it´s waaaay too much, heavy and strong peppery..but..I wouldn´t mind if I had one on my shelf...this is a nightscent which should be used occasionally...the smell drives me crazy and makes me sniff the sample at the same time...weird, right?

not insolence
not insolence

Странно нещо открих днес!Perles de Lalique е дамският еквивалент на Egoïste Platinum Chanel!Същата студенина,направо лед!Държи на 1 метър разстояние!
Жена,която го носи,сигурна съм,няма да бъде доближена.
Да го носиш,когато си с любимия-абсурд!Ще се чуди,какво искаш да му кажеш и защо така се обръщаш на 180 градуса...
Ако пък си наранена и не искаш да обръщаш внимание на никого,мисля,че е по-добре изобщо да не слагаш парфюм.По-добре да не привличаш внимание.Или поне не слагай този,за да не те питат:''Защо мирише толкова отчуждено?''
Много харесвах този аромат и исках да си купя.Но не искам да съм недостъпна.Искам да съм близка,топла;да съм жена,която обича и е обичана.Затова,не ми трябва лед,дори през лятото.Ferre е точният парфюм.

yvankraft
yvankraft

Like the light of the sun at dawn and at sunset "Perles" shares the same colour with "Elle", but the circumstances in which they play the role in the aromatic drama are definitely divergent. Both scents are quite refined, romantic, devoid of any useless vainglory. Pure beauty. Roses, leather and pepper, a very uncommon combination of very known elements makes the spark of this perfume.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

The opening notes smelled very medicinal and herbal; this lasted a fairly long time, then the dry-down went straight to a powdery rather undiscernable floral note. An OK fragrance, but not noteworthy .

judyk
judyk

First wearing today - I love how it smelled fresh out of the bottle but it dissipated instantly. In fact, for the next half hour the entire scent all but disappeared completely. When it did resurface it was soft, only slightly sweet, with the occasional hint of the intriguing, sharper notes I enjoyed so much in the opening. It lasted like this for about 6 hours.

Now, if I wear a perfume, I d*mn well want to be able to smell it. ;) If someone could capture the opening of this one and make it last, I'd buy it!

I usually like chypres, but not this one. It seems to me too light. I don't why, but on me it opens almost unnoticeable. Most of all I feel the iris note and the patchouli maybe.

BABEHUBBS
BABEHUBBS

i ordered this last night was on the fence but after reading the reviews and parfum1 had a offer i couldn't refuse so at like $34 EDP 100ml can't wait to smell

dlane1953
dlane1953

Woody-spicy-peppery surprise

Well, not often does the description of a fragrance and its reality collide with such force! I expected to pick out rose in the top notes, but what hit my nose was a cedar and incense combination that smells very unisex. Patchouli comes to the forefront too, in a big way, so don't buy if this accord is bothersome to you. The rose, a very dry rose, makes its appearance briefly, after about 15-20 minutes on me, but was quite subtle. Peppery notes are prominant--love it!

What I end up with is a spicy-woody-peppery patchouli scent with no sweetness whatsoever. Sillage is STRONG, apply sparingly, and longevity-well, still waiting for that, will update later! But I sense it will be quite long.

It's one of a kind; I recommend this for the guys as well. This could work for day or night, I think.

UPDATE: Longevity is BIG like the sillage; 9+ hours on me. A IMPORTANT TIP: this fragrance developed an unpleaasantly artificial note about 4 hours into the wearing period on me.I would caution anyone new to the scent to apply lightly, let it wear without reapplying to refresh to make sure you really like it--otherwise, I think it would become overpowering in this stage. Now I am reassessing my view of the scent. Hmmm.
Sometimes suprises are unwelcome!

donna77
donna77

Very elegant and mature, i`d say ,not to mention staying power. It`s still on my shoulders after 12 hours. Great perfume.i feel i have to try more Lalique perfumes.

This perfume is absolutely amazing!! its my favourite right now!!! only prob is i have to shower myself in it to have any longevity,its not a stayer unfortunately, its like too good to be true. not for sweet smelling perfume lovers.

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

Ok, I'm pretty sure my bottle of edp is authentic...but this description and mine are light years apart. Feminine? Really? It smells unisex to the nth degree to me. I get woods and more woods with just a touch of creaminess under them. I did not pick rose even a little bit. I first sprayed on my pillowcase where it remained for over two days. Then, I tried it yesterday. The same bravo woodiness and patchouli both ways. Long lasting sillage on me too. I am not complaining, far from it. I love it! I just don't see this in a white bottle, much less named for pearls. I see this in a golden opalescent tree trunk shape. Honestly, I am only disappointed in the bottle. For Lalique and company, I think it was phoned in and accidentally assigned to the wrong fragrance. If it had soy milk scent and white florals, this would be the bottle.

scentous
scentous

I love lalique perfumes, and this one is one of the best along with encre noire pour elle..very unique and different, fresh and joyful, but elegant at the same time..opens with a cedar note, fresh with herbs, and grows into an earthy rose-patchouli combo..Peppery note is always there but softens in the dry down..Reminds me of Loccitane iparie, but a smoother and feminine version..Sillage and longevity is very good..

bobbyferrant
bobbyferrant

i find this works extremely well with a males chemistry...dry roses on a peppery wood base scattered with patchouli and powdery musk.

Troodos
Troodos

Every time I wear this I am told I smell gorgeous, women especially seem to love it and have often gone on to purchase it. It has a lovely, deep, sexy patch note that should be more hard to wear but somehow feels warm and sexy but ok for day wear (if applied lightly). If you want women to say you smell gorgeous then this is worth a go!

mirunacatowl
mirunacatowl

It starts rosy-sweet (Bulgarian rose), but it gets soon invigorating dry. I perceive dry patchouli, a lot of oakmoss and pepper, all together work on me almost like peppermint. The woodsy-oakmoss notes make it a bit masculine. If one likes Si Lolita, one might like this too. I like both, whereby de Lalique is somehow colder.For this cold rainy end of February here, it is a bit too distant and dry, the top rose disappears too fast and the woodsy-earthy notes overpower too soon. But i can imagine I might like it a lot when the spring really begins and gets warmer. Then I hope it will act very refreshing!

I´ve find this:
8 Fierce for Men (Abercrombie & Fitch, 2002) 48%
9 Kenzo Air (Kenzo, 2003) 48%
10 Encre noire (Lalique, 2006) 45%

Raquel73

"I'm not suprised, that Perles has such a good reviews.
80% of scent contains ISO Super-E.
It means, 80% of Escentric Molecule 01..."
How do you know that? I don´t find any imformation :S

Oooh! I love this!!!
The first is pepper but sweet,and more later is a few powered,finally is sooo elegant.
Good sillage and long lasting!!

Roqfort
Roqfort

I'm not suprised, that Perles has such a good reviews.
80% of scent contains ISO Super-E.
It means, 80% of Escentric Molecule 01...

Singabera
Singabera

It's amazing! 100% unique.
Wood and rose - I love it even taling into account that I hate roses in perfumes. But here... peppery rose, beautiful. Good for all seasons.

Try it even if you are not going to purchase it! It's worth it)

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I should not have been surprised at the knock-your-socks-off camphoraceous/medicinal beginnings of this perfume judging from the above reviews, but I still found this to be totally different from most mainstream perfumes and even some of the more esoteric ones in my collection. It is absolutely wonderful, but definitely a try-before-you-buy perfume as the heavy herbal smell would not appeal to a lot of women - this could even pass as a unisex IMO. The oakmoss and iris start seems to actually go on and on, and the rose, although noticeable, is by no means overpowering, or even in the forefront, at any stage of this perfume's skin life. I could not class this as a warm or even sweet perfume, and I think you need to be a mature woman to wear this with any assurance. I love it - cool, dry, aloof, VERY me. (Bought blind!) 10/10

And how refreshing it is NOT to smell the same old, same old citrus opening notes and floral heart!

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

The first thing I smell is a very nice cedar and incense note, not at all what I was expecting. Actually, I like it much better than what I was expecting, which was something in the white floral genre. After a half hour, the incense and cedar are joined by rose, but it’s a subdued rose whose role is simply to sweeten and plump up the woody notes, not take center stage.

There’s a good bit of sillage, but it’s light and transparent, never invasive. A couple of hours in, the cashmeran-heavy base becomes evident, providing a sharper, more “perfume-y” feel to the composition without detracting from the rose-tinged woods. After about 4 hours it dries down to a lovely, musky rose skin scent that lasts for a few more hours.

I see that Perles de Lalique EdP is available for a reasonable price online, so if I were looking for a FB that is eminently wearable in almost any situation and represents great value for the price, I would buy this.

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

When I get a sniff from the bottle, I thought: "Patchouli, patchouli, patchouli, a clone of L'eau D'Iparie by L'occitane". Then I sprayed it on my skin. No, Pthis scent is softer and more complicated. When patchouli goes away, Perles turn into something like my favorite Etra by Etro - a very aromatic a little sour and spicy wood. If you are fond of Etra and are looking for an equivalent try Perles. This scent is more interesting and expressive than some niche fragrances are.

Tristiana
Tristiana

exceptional! with note of unique elegance, dry and full of rich aromas, bouquet gradually changes in extraordinary mix of pepper and winter's roses. So good made, so intense and persistent that long tail of fragrance follows the person who wears this perfume.. I love it !! especially in winter - sweater, scarf and Pearls.. I don't need then any others perfumes. But I can recomend it just for person who doesn't want to be sweet and innocent ;-)
LOVE LOVE !!

that's chypre. all said.
love it, reminds me of pearls, that's how they would smell.
but i don't get rose, not loud and clear at least. I get comphor in the begining.

jae
jae

This is a great fragrance. But it's not for me. When I first tested this, I got the rose and iris loud and clear with a creamy element. It was pleasant enough to purchase. But the pepper kicked in on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. times and dominated the whole composition on my skin. Maybe it's the climate over here, maybe it's my skin chemistry. Whatever the case is, Perles de Lalique is not for me.

I'm sure the gift set will be a pleasant surprise for someone...

maiker
maiker

ELEGANT. RICH. MYSTERIOUS.
words that describe this scent. but i can say i smell camphor in it. very intensive. and is something i love to smell. so it come good to me. lalique surprise me once again.

P.D lost for 8 hours.

paula1968
paula1968

Chypre,dry,elegant perfume.

melia
melia

Oh I'm glad I just got the opportunity to test this one today, because it's really not my cup of tea... I definitely can't say it smells bad, but there is this minty kind of bath-salt from my youth smell in it which just gives me this weird feeling. The funny thing is that jasmine musk from the tom ford white musk collection had the exact same thing on me, maybe it's the vetiver-orris root-patchouly-combination they both have... Anyway, the only thing I could suggest is try before you buy, because I even couldn't advise for which kind of perfume lovers this one would appeal, because it's a little bit sweet, fresh and peppery. Actually the longer I sniff it on the paper the more I like it, but when I smell something else and then this one again it just does not work. Helas!

white queen
white queen

I bought Perles de Lalique 2 years ago.It was recomended me by dhe giri in the shop and i fell in love whith it.It was my signature-day and evening,so i finished 3 100 ml bottles of it.But now whith the 4-th is difficult.I thing sinse 1 year they changed little bit the smell.Now its smells on me like medicine. It is interesting that whnen i bough,some strangers around me wondered ,, what smelling bed?''But i loved it.

I just tested a sample and am positively surprised. It's a good and strong nightscent that isn't like many others. The wood, patchouli, pepper and rose blend well together and it makes a sophisticated impression. I can understand that this scent won an award. I would be tempted in buying it, if it didn't have a rather weak staying power for such a bombastic scent. If it was more inexpensive or will ever have a sales' price, I could think about buying it. But since it's almost gone after 2 hours wearing it and the "leftovers" aren't that great then, it's just one more beautiful scent that I will not buy due to the high price and low lasting power.

dragonesque
dragonesque

A cool-blooded, mermaid kind of scent. Cold, sleek and otherworldly. It conjures up images of a mysterious dark forest with a swamped lake. The air is moist and rich in juniper odor. The naughty wind is playing among pine crowns. Occasional plashes of sunlight sparkle on the water. Birch-trees droop their branches over the lake. Isn’t it here that mermaids swing and giggle at midnight?
Cool, reserved and distance establishing, on the one hand, this scent somehow lures you in and keeps you close. Good for moist windy weather.

Antigone
Antigone

Perles de Lalique EDP

soooo sharp and specific. But in a nice way. Not for everybody. Unfortunatelly it faded away after about 3 hours.

Minnija

for me this one is very similar to the YSL elle edp :)

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Spicy and sooo special. This was my signature scent for 2 years and I loved it so much. I totally forgot about this one but it's such a special one. It smells really like pepper.

nada

I agree - camphor is there the second you out it on. I do love this pefume though, so I close my eyes and take deep breath before I spray:) the rest is wonderful!

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

one of the most medicinal roses i have ever come across! sinuses giving you grief? take a sniff of perles de lalique--the camphor note will clear you right up! and the dark peppery rose will leave you with a feminine feeling. confused? okay, here is the simple version: vicks and roses. the end.

Nuriyarose
Nuriyarose

fresh rose , very light and delicate
as soon as i put it the first thing that i say ...'oh ..its like Paulsmith woman " and now i see that its the same perfumer... the differnt is the paul is with red pepper and his one with white pepper..

It is no secret that for a long time I've been searching for the perfect rose scent. I knew I wouldn't love a rose soliflore, there had to be other components, but who would have thought that pepper and patchouli would be its perfect counterparts.

Perles de Lalique is like heaven to me. It's a rich, tarty red rose amidst darker, masculine accords of pepper, patchouli, incense, woods and a hint of soap.

It's dark yet angelic, with a touch of strangeness. It smells like something you'd expect from Andy Tauer, just perhaps not as strong and bold. Both Perles de Lalique and Incense Rose share some similarities.

Lalique isn't entirely mainstream, yet it's not niche either. The quality of this scent however, begs to differ. It's just so warming and unique that I can't help falling head over heels in love with it.

It can be spicy at times, and a little sharp but I like that about it, it has presence. The scent is also dry, reminding me of rose potpourri. There are so many different dimensions to this fragrance.

The longevity and sillage are to die for, sending wafts of it around you like a cloud for the whole day. Another bonus is the rather affordable price tag which definitely took me by surprise. I managed to find a giftset with the large full bottle for around $80 AUD.

It may be early days, but this fragrance is full-fledged love.

Wilka
Wilka

I'd just bought 'Perles' by Lalique at Montevideo, Uruguay, where I live. I simply love its 'pepperly' softness and hope it will soften my still busy late Spring days, here in South America. However, I fear it might disappear among other town smells... Though I wear fragrances to enjoy them myself, I like others to notice them!
Wilka Irene

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

This is exactly the kind of scent I love! It's powdery, woody, slightly peppery, slightly sweet from the rose, iris, and patchouli. It feels dry and earthy, but not dusty. It's calming, clean, and feminine. I always think I'm smelling a dominant cedar note, even though none is listed. If you like cedar, you might just find yourself loving this scent. It feels fresher in hot weather than in cold. In cold weather the pepper becomes sharp and the fragrance doesn't feel as fresh.

I think it's heaven. I can't imagine living without it.

Passionflower
Passionflower

This is everything I dislike about perfume. Too sharp, too overpowering and too nauseating. Not for everybody, definitely not for me.

birdbrain45
birdbrain45

I wear this in winter as it smells quite woody on my skin. There is nothing sweet about this scent, which is why I like it. I do get a strong cedar note,which is not listed. Like a walk in the woods, among cedar trees with a few roses growing in the shadows

juliane
juliane

I know why we all find this so special and so many people love this:
It's a soft rose, a bit pepper and some woods in the top and the middle and much soft ISO E SUPER in the drydown.
As I know Iso E Super from Molecule 1 by Esccentric I can definitely detect and I love it! It gives the sexy, clean sensation of clean skin and fresh linen. A bit detergent like but also a bit different.
It's a soft perfume but be sure everybody smells this, even unconciously. As Iso E Super reacts with each skin differently and by this way becomes an individual skin scent Iso E Super might be the pheromone of our modern times!

dianacreole
dianacreole

Unlike anything I have smelled before. This is very clean and intensely feminine. The dry down is quite spectacular. I just wish it were a lil stronger.

guest_DD
guest_DD

I have to re apply it very two or three hours, the perfume doesnt last too much. not suitable for hot summer

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

It is very nice and orginale fragrance.Chypre,dry.,
But very warm with beauty musk :)

azuriiita
azuriiita

This have a powerful stunning opening of roses and vetiver!

After a while, iris and patchouli gives this a singular "personality" :)Warm, sensuous, delicates peppery notes

In my opinion its very feminine and a bit romantic ... so intense but not 'passionate'. Very soft on my skin at dry down :) Its very well, I like it so much.

Not for everybody... for sure.

regie-reggae
regie-reggae

They give a feeling of walking in the forest, the heart note is warm, a bit sweet. It's beautiful.

A rolling stone gathers no moss--unless it happens to be wearing PERLES de LALIQUE. This is the mossiest chypre floral that I have ever experienced. Upon the first spritz, my mind was suddenly filled with images of walks down the bread aisles of bad grocery stores. Honestly, I spent a great deal of the day reflecting upon the concept of mold.

That said, I am perhaps to some extent to blame. I reapplied the edp a few times over the course of the day, in an effort to ascertain the essence of this perfume. Well, I definitely answered that question! Unfortunately, the mossiness accumulates with each spray, while the florals quickly dissipate. It may therefore be the case that this perfume is wearable when used very, very sparingly. I'll have to test it again. And I will, no doubt, since I now possess a 3.4oz edp!

For now, however, if it's off to the bath. I need to call an immediate halt to all of these images of petri dishes and moldy loaves of wonder bread flitting through my head!

xxerus
xxerus

Great & classy chypre scent; also wearable by men. However, I found the lasting power so-so...

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

Camphor camphor all the way.
In a good way.Camphor is considered to be an aphrodisiac and an anti-depressive in aromatherapy terms.
Perles de Lalique are cold and classy, warmer as the pepper melts and very appealing to men.

Levana
Levana

adorable fragrance, now i know why my mom was so excited about this perfume, its fresh, its spicey its soft, pepery . its everything at the same time, dont understand me wrong its not a bad overwhelming scent, but stunningly beautifull

Gosh
Gosh

Signature scent and very underrated fragrance. Its a wonderful modern rose chypre. The pepper can be strong sometimes and creates the minty feeling some people don't like very much in perfume. I can smell the mint from bottle, but not at all on my skin. Anyway rose patchouli combo is eternal and so beautifully blended here. If you have this perfume and the pepper is disturbing you, try it in hot summer. I did and it was amazing! The scent is hot and cold, fresh and sexy, feminine and masculine - just marvelous.

guest_lina
guest_lina

I tried this fragrance at a store and I was surprised by it,in a bad way!I just didn't believe that Lalique made a bad perfume , and then after a couple of hours it transformed into a magnificent scent and I was at ease because Lalique can't make a bad fragrance!As all of their perfumes it is sheer femininity!

parmania
parmania

This is my favorite of the year! I love it!I agree with Aysu, the aroma is very maskulin so my husband and said, What smell? One, you use the past-Maskulin!

Aysu
Aysu

I don't know which note gives me this feeling but I smell mint in this perfume and because of this, I cannot convince myself that this is for women.
I appreciate the whole quality and elegant feeling it gives me, but its masculin character from the beginning till the end keeps me away from this perfume. If I had to choose a masculin smell, I would choose Narciso Rodriguez instead of this.

DD
DD

One the most elegant fragrances I've tried, but unfortunately it wont stay on more than 1-1.5 hours. In fact i assumed it to stay longer as it is a perfume and you have to reapply it more often.

rebella
rebella

This is one of the most elegant perfumes I´ve tried. It makes me think about a confident, beautiful and efficient woman with kind of business style. She wears a grey pen skirt, white bluse and her hair is pulled back, maybe she wears glasses and ofcourse a beautiful, but classic pearl necklase. But underneath her strict surface she is very sensual, soft and filled of happiness and playfulness. She has silk underwear, but keep it as a secret.

Feminin, beautiful, soft and sexy... but in the most elegant way.

Trvevil
Trvevil

Perles started to smell on me very weird- like some really freaky balm at the beginning, then I think: What does it resembles me? And answer: the drops I have used when I got running nose... Hm.. Ok, I thought, maybe few hours and it will be somehow less mint+honey+rose+... It's like it doesn't want to fit/blend together. The pepper is very prominent here and it co-creates this weird smell on my wrist... Maybe it's oakmoss's job? It sometimes ruins scents on me... I agree that this perfume is very outstanding and very natural smelling one. It definitely also feels like dust... Something woody here too... I don't think it's masculine... It's just the 'chypre spirit' in my opinion. Interesting experience, but I don't want to go around smelling like this. Longevity is very good, of course. So, if you are bored with fruit salads and want something very unusual, you can try this. I think it fits every season except very hot summer days.

when I smelled it from the bottle,it didn't seem to be something.even when I tested it on my hand it seemed to be somehow a masculine scent,but it remained on my skin I realized it's great and very different to regular perfumes.
to me the first notes really smell masculine,not very sharp and not very tender,but not a typical feminine scent.there are no fruit and no flower here.it seems to be a sport fragrance.
but when it remains on skin it becomes more and more balanced,still no hint of typical feminine sniff,but most likely a smelling that matches everyone's body.it's like the smell of body,not artificial at all.but nice smelling.
I think it matches to young girls who are wise,independent and sporty and don't like to smell like the common ROSE scent.
it's a great choice for autumn and winter

Elumina
Elumina

Rene Lalique was a great creator, i really admire his works. Its my first Chypre scent and i must say i like it. As the most people said its a peppery and powdery but for me also a woody scent. I dont smell the flowers there, so its a good perfume for people who dont like fruity, floral, aquatic or heavy scents. The EdP bottle consist of frosted glass which i adore and i think the smell of this perfume match good with the look of the bottle. Unique and feathery, thats Perles de Lalique.

Ina_Mo
Ina_Mo

This perfume is something very special and unique. It is extremely powdery and it feels like fine, gentle powder is touching your nostrils. It incorporates divine powdery notes of pepper and iris, which are irresistibly attractive. The longer I wear it,the richer it develops on my skin. Just like beautiful pepper-like dust! A long-lasting base is an embodiment of feminine sophistication!

debbborra
debbborra

The white pepper does lend a slightly mentholated quality. The wonderful thing is that it makes the pretty rose notes INTERESTING. The overall impression is a scent that is modern, but grown up. It is elegant without any fussiness. A clean sophisticated scent without any of the candy qualities or marine accords that plague much of the modern market.

sneza
sneza

...I always get compliments when I wear this one...The most wonderful scent in the world...

Althea
Althea

I got it in a shop as a sample with my purchase. First I thoutgh it is for men, but no-no. I can not smell the rose, just the pepper is very intensive. And also it reminds me of methol jelly which is supposed to be rubbed around nose when someone has a cold or on throat when it is sore. Also at the begining I smell wet autumn ground and leaves.
After maybe 5 minutes it weakens and softens on my skin. Very strange scent, althought I prefer very floral, this one is an exception. I am totally in love with it.

Ninulia
Ninulia

Very different... I want it!!! smells litlle like mens perfume but at the same time it is very feminine..

Mitsouko

I've yet Perles! When I currently wearing it, women and men expanded noses and looking at me. I don't understand why? ;)

Mitsouko

Long time Perles was pushet away me and luret me. Until in the end I were downing: I want it. I want weare on my neck. Perles are not fair on normal vise.In the first phase smelled like camphor.In next minutes apearet lovly rose and lot of patchouli. Perles are not sweets, not haevys, not swishs.
Although a little smelled like exotic, old cupboard full roses petals, Perles are modern. Reminscently niche Dzongha Artisan's. And, for me - importand - they've as aromaterapie: calms, mind is clair. Perles premium lady's mamy secretly enchant. Wheares, I warn -they are controversially, strange. Fascinatigly me.

Perles De Lalique by Lalique 3.93 out of 5 based on 584 ratings and 111 user reviews

Sample
Perles De Lalique Mini by Lalique, .15 oz Mini EDP for Women
Perles De Lalique Mini by Lalique, .15 oz Mini EDP for Women
Perles De Lalique Perfume by Lalique - 0.15 oz Mini EDP
Perles De Lalique Perfume by Lalique - 0.15 oz Mini EDP
Perles De Lalique Perfume by Lalique, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester for Women
Perles De Lalique Perfume by Lalique - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester
Boots.com
75.00 GBP
Lalique Perles de lalique Eau de Parfum 100ml
Lalique Perles de lalique Eau de Parfum 100ml

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lalique Perles De Lalique fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lalique Perles De Lalique, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Perles De Lalique by Lalique. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Perles De Lalique by Lalique represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.