Designers » L » Floral Green « Groups

Sunwater Lancaster for women

Sunwater Lancaster for women
dislike

Sunwater Lancaster for women Pictures

Sunwater by Lancaster is a Floral Green fragrance for women. Sunwater was launched in 1997. Top notes are ylang-ylang, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are and jasmine; base notes are amber, sandalwood and vetiver.

Ylang-Ylang Bergamot Lemon

Jasmine

Amber Sandalwood Vetiver

Eau Vitaminee
Astor Place

Sunwater Fragrance Reviews

dream

I have a sophisticated story with this perfume, I'll tell you why.
I got this perfume as gift, I sprinkled it and I hated it, all I could smell was very sharp celery. I washed my hands and put it aside in the wardrobe.
One day I was very very sad, and tears were shedding of my eyes, so I thought about sprinkling a bit ( to punish myself even more maybe)
After sometime I've started to smell something delicate and comforting, unlike the unripe scent that I used to smell.

I kept putting it in my purse as an emergency perfume (That's what I call the less favourite perfume, to use it in any urgent case, like someone gets fainted, a gum stuck in clothes, I get to a restaurant and the food smell stuck on my clothes)

By recurrent times I was using it I was noticing the delicate pleasant scent that comes out every time.

I thought it was only me until I started to being asked about what perfume do I wear.

I remember a schoolmate asked me about the perfume, when I sprinkled it on her wrist she said, well, that's not what I smelled, I told her just wait for an hour or two, the day after she told me that I was right and that she couldn't take her nose off her arm, and her sister also noticed the beautiful scent :)

The sad part of the story is that the perfume is discontinued, and I didn't make the risk to buy any other as from what I read in reviews, all available bottles of this perfume are expired and the expired scent is completely different.

oktober
oktober

It smells like a soup very very rich in TARRAGON!!!

Very similar to Nikos Sculpture for women, btw.

It's alright if you like the smell of tarragon.

Another huge expectation vs reality clash.

ParfumAmour
ParfumAmour

This is beautifully blended, each note merging joyfully into another. It smells like a day on the beach, sitting on driftwood, while sipping fresh lemonade. Lightly sweet, fresh, a truly happy fragrance. It dries down gently and gives more sandalwood and amber, now your skin is tanning on the beach and it feels warmer. Overall it is fabulous.

Corinne39
Corinne39

I used to buy this all the time if I went to Spain and it was perfect for the warm weather...Then I made the mistake of buying some online (can't remember where from though) and it was terrible...Celery, celery and celery with a hint of curry powder!!! such a shame as it has put me off buying it again :(

Ursus74
Ursus74

Dear jedikitty! Your product was probably rotten. It is nice fragrance. I know because I had both :) Last month I have bought a rotten one... :(

gwyneddd
gwyneddd

I used to wear this a lot in summer in Europe. It's a fresh citrusy herbal and has not much staying power--but that's good in summer. I love the tall flacon. The lemon and bergamot stand out at first and it dries down to a light floral.

Hhina
Hhina

I loved this so much ...This is a very light fresh perfume, for summer hot days I use it a lot

basgam
basgam

If you can get past the first few notes which might be a bit overwhelming, salty and herbal, the fragrance turns out to be a very summery one. Whenever I smell it, it's like I was on holidays: sandy beach, warm ocean, fresh breeze, smell of sun lotion or skin after sunbathing. I wouldn't recommend it for winter as it's a typical summer fragrance.

mina.cabaleiro
mina.cabaleiro

The first perfume that my mother gave me, I remember fondly, thanks to this I became fond of lotions and fragrances, one of my passions. A beautiful memory.

dream

I remember the first time I put it on I didnt like it at all, by time it turns to a very beautiful scent, and everybody was asking me about it, too bad it isn't available any more :( and unlike winter perfumes, this perfume smells great even in winter

jedikitty
jedikitty

I so wanted to love this one...

Based on many online reviews, I bought a (full size) bottle of this eau de toilette, only to find out that it totally does *not* work with my chemistry.
Celery, or otherwise, this juice really stinks on me, like a nasty, dried up sweat.

So... if anyone is interested in a full size (1 fl oz = 30 ml), boxed, with topper, sprayed maybe 3 times total - PM me with details.

I also have the mini (0.17 oz = 5 ml) to go to a good home :)

Narmis
Narmis

This was the first "womanly" perfume i received from my mother so it brings back great memories :) It's a sweet, floral, yet tangy and spicy scented perfume. Love it!

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Sunwater takes its cues from Yatagan by Caron with its ridiculous wet celery top notes. Even Yatagan's celery is staid by comparison. Eventually a sweet jasmine accord wells up underneath the bitter vegetal greenery. I suspect the sugary heathen that lurks in the shade is the ylang-ylang, or maybe even the thin amber in the base. The scent doesn't really work, but at least it tries to be both green, woody, and clean. Most perfumers just throw a drop of cis-3-Hexanal in a gallon of dihydromyrcenol and call it a day. Here we have some sweet flowers blooming in the drydown of what has to be the weirdest bitter-green opening I've ever encountered. It gets points for trying to end on a high note, despite starting off on a real low.

Siv55
Siv55

This, to my nose, has a huge note of celery. I loved this stuff, I used to practically bath in it. It's very very summery in a kind of hot garden thats had the hose put on it way. Beach/poolside stuff.
My husband did'nt like the celery note at all so I stopped wearing it. Although I think he called it cucumber (which it also doesn't have in it :/
If we had a row I used to put this perfume on and say "You've upset me, so now I shall smell of celery."
Then we'd laugh.

guest_Ang
guest_Ang

This was one of the first "adult" perfumes my mom allowed me to buy. I felt so pretty wearing it. It's like a warm spring day. Makes you smile. I received many compliments while wearing it.

Fashionista-IM
Fashionista-IM

I loved this so much ,I wore it every day , when I lived in the Grenadines ..it reminds me of happy times !!! I can still find it in my home country , when i see it I am gonna buy it all !!!

Grenouille
Grenouille

just a note for those who keep looking for sunwater. as you know, it was discontinued, but give a try to Misonni Acqua. To me it smelled very much alike. And I was a great fan of Sunwater. Unfortunately, i order one of the last bottles on a site of discounts (not this one) and it didn't smell exactly the same. it was a tester and i think that they had kept it for too much time, so the scent was a bit altered.

mwater1
mwater1

Sunwater starts off on a bitter and herbal note, the opening resembles a mixture of basil and rosemary mingled with lime to me. But within mere minutes, it develops into a fresh flower bouquet. As a fragrance of floral greens it eventually turns very soft and refreshing. If you can get past those first few notes, you will enjoy this fragrance.

falovalo
falovalo

This is one of the worst fragrances I've ever smelled. It smells like a scorched coffee bean or rubber. It's sharp and it burns my nose. I think I'll wash it off now.

guarana
guarana

This was the first perfume I bought for myself when I was a student. It was quite expensive and I remember that the shop-assistant didn't want to believe that I am willing to spend that much on a perfume...
It's a light, pleasant, cheerful fragrance that can brighten your day. Very discreet though, it's like a veil.

ydee
ydee

This is a very light fresh perfume, for summer hot days I use it a lot.
Have used it for years already.
Sarts out with citrus-apple note and than turns to a light lily of the valley-jasmine smell, very light though.
However lily of the valley is not in these notes here.
It is not for you if you like a strong perfume.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lancaster Sunwater fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Lancaster Sunwater, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sunwater by Lancaster. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sunwater by Lancaster represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.