Designers » L » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Attraction Lancome for women

Attraction Lancome for women
dislike

Attraction Lancome for women Videos
Attraction Lancome for women Pictures Attraction Lancome for women Pictures Attraction Lancome for women Pictures

Lancome launched a new fragrance line for women called Attraction. This floral-woody harmony was built on the notes of iris and patchouli. Iris is one of the most expensive ingredients in the world of perfumery. It is housed in a luminous round bottle with a golden cap. Top notes include gardenia, neroli, and ylang-ylang. At its heart the notes of iris, orange blossom, jasmine, tuberouse and Bulgarin rose make a perfect floral bouquet. The base is made of cedar, patchouli, vanilla, musk and amber. It was created by Daniela Roche-Andrier and Christian Biecher in 2003. Attraction was created by Daniela (Roche) Andrier and Christian Biecher.

Gardenia Neroli Ylang-Ylang

Tuberose iris Orange Blossom Jasmine Bulgarian Rose

Patchouli Musk Vanilla Cedar Light Amber

Attraction Fragrance Reviews

FireDragon76
FireDragon76

I was younger and poorer when this fragrance was gifted to me so I never got to repurchase it before it was discontinued. It was my signature fragrance for special occassions. They repackaged it for supermarkets for a while but I wasn't curious to buy it that way so I can't comment on whether it was reformulated or not. I reall wish they'd bring it back. It wasn't heavy on my skin but lasted all evening and into the night.

teacup
teacup

I don't wear it very often but I love that it is there for me. It is soft and sweet and very comforting. It is like a duvet that I can wrap myself in when I am stressed out. On me it is powdery with no sharpness. It is like a lullaby. Sort of hypnotic. I wear it to bed on bad days. It makes me feel secretly beautiful and very safe. Aromatherapy.

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

My mum liked this one, she was sad when it was discontinued but loves 'Miracle' more.

This was a lovely, warm, sophisticated and classy scent to me. The bottle was very lovely. I still have a mini of this, but it's probably gone bad by now.

FloridaMom
FloridaMom

Not bad, but not fabulous. Starts off a little cloying, settles into something nice, but generic, then disappears. Going to pass it along when I clear out my closet (that's how much I don't use it, it is stuffed into the recesses of my closet). My family hates it. It does smell good on my clothes, but not on my skin. Luckily, it was part of a collection of perfumes my neighbor gave me, and I did not lose money on this one. Hopefully one of my girlfriends will have better results with their body chemistry.

NMWS76
NMWS76

I had this in the original bottle and loved it. We were younger and poorer (still not well off) so I used it sparingly for years. Then it was re-bottled and sold in supermarkets and I haven't tried it but others say it's not the same as when my husband bought it for me. It was lovely on me and I would re-purchase again if I could get the original. I loved the flacon! So classy looking and classy smelling on me or so I've been told by others. I don't really like sweet fragrances but my body chemistry responds well to them and even if I think they're cloying in the bottle or on others, neither I nor anyone else thinks they're cloying on me.

brangie
brangie

The first time I bought Attraction, was in 2005 and finnished the 100ml bottle, loved its intensely warm woodsy sweetness. White floral? Yeah maybe...
Never really knowing how powerfull this perfume was.
Last year I bought 100ml and 50 ml because I read that production was discontinued, knowing how much I liked Attraction at the time.
Tastes change.
The overwhelming sweetness is just too much for me nowadays, every time I try again. Wishing to find the florals in it, but not finding them. That part hasn't changed, although I was never looking for a thing like that in those days.
The little bottle is more than enough for me. Longevity is absolutely amazing.
If there is someone who really wants a 100ml bottle, sealed, never touched (waiting to be used by the right person) please tell me so, maybe we can arrange something.
It makes me sad there are people longing for it, and me never finnishing my 50ml bottle, although there are things about it to make me spray again every time.
Don't know what it is about Attraction, I'm bouncing.

I'm not a guest, I'm brangie.

Never really knowing how powerfull this perfume was.
Tastes change.
The little bottle is more than enough for me. Longevity is absolutely amazing.
Don't know what it is about Attraction, I'm bouncing.

akaymak

it's my most favorite one that I've ever got. I have more than 30 pafums but this one is the best. It is something special, something expensive and sexy. I just bought my second one and therefore I'm very happy because I was afraid not to find it anymore.

dtchbrd
dtchbrd

I love this fragrance and used to receive lots of compliments wearing it. I really do not understand why it has been discontinued.

mhubbard
mhubbard

Just received my mini, which was a blind buy, and I'm testing this one out first at home, as I plan to go to the office and church today. It is as expected, a ladylike, classic floral which should not offend with a tiny application- it is powerful! Somehow it reminds me of vintage fragrances, perhaps L'Air du Temps. From my perspective, I don't see this particularly as an evening perfume, as it lacks sensuality. Alas,it also lacks originality and it appears unlikely that I would repurchase when my mini runs out."Ladylike" is my kiss of death.

veralapa
veralapa

I still can't believe they discontinued this perfume. I absolutely love it. Perfect at night time. Afraid to use it so I don't run out :(

Kamaty
Kamaty

What a discovery !!! Lancome made a great masterpiece !!!
Was a blind buy ...i dont't like bunch of flowers in my nose and i had afraid that.
What a surprise !!! The first snif is a little strong but not flowery. Just seconds later everythig changes in a wood,musk,sweet and AMAZING smell.
Make me feel classy and very smell good !!!
Why discontinued ????????? And i have just one bottle.....

velvetnightmares
velvetnightmares

this perfume is nothing like the scents I would usually wear, but for some reason I really like it. It is rather strong and very unique. For me it works best in cold weather. It makes me feel very happy, on those cold days of the fall and early winter days.

bambiphan
bambiphan

I really love this one! I dont know where to buy this in my country now! Can any one show me another product like this scent! Thanks first!

tangerine-tane
tangerine-tane

Absolutely love this fragrance! The musky and woody smell makes me feel lovely. ♥

micklynl
micklynl

Beautiful fragrance. I love the musk in it, but I like all things musky ;) Has a sweetly clean and feminine smell.

maria-swe
maria-swe

I just must to say that this perfume is just so beautiful in every sense of it. I first tried it at a nearby perfume shop when it first came out in the market. At that same minute, I fell in love with it! I bought myself the biggest bottle that same day and saw to it that I'll never run out of it. I get so much compliments from my friends and strangers (men & women) whenever I wear it :) Now it's unfortunately discontinued :(... but I happened to find it again at a local internet shop here in sweden =) and they only had 3 bottles left(3.4oz bottle).. and guess what? I bought them all! :D

kapanadze.ni
kapanadze.ni

so in love with this parfume...<3

FunnyValentine
FunnyValentine

I'm in love with this one. It's so feminine. Like the original, natural, wild and mostly hidden femininity in every woman. I love it on myself but no one else does, so i had to stop wearing it. Curses!

akaymak

It is one of the best scents I've ever got - it's feminin, sensual, elegant and luxerious.
I love it !!!

Anna_Maria
Anna_Maria

I like it's sweetness and freshness from the opening, notes of orange blossom and jasmine are noticeable, but I don't like drydown, it looks a little dirty and kind of rancid to me and spoils all impression from the fragarance. If not this, I would like it.

Wonderful, soft, sober and elegant scent. Not loud but intensive on my skin. I can also smell a small hint of leather. Great. No syrupsweet flowers, deep grownup flowers and a good splash of amber and musk. Great on a woman in the middleage - like me.

Härlig. Mjuk, sober och elegant doft. Inte högljudd men ändå intensiv. Jag kan även känna en aning läder i mellan/basnoten. Inte sirapssöta blomnoter utan djupa vuxna blomtoner med en härlig dust av amber och musk. För kvinnan mitt i livet - som jag..=)

onimoka
onimoka

3 years ago i gave it away because i wanted something else. Now, i think "Why, o! why!?!". I was lucky to get it again (Thank you to my dearest EK!!!) I can understand why people do not like it. It must work with the body chemestry. Back then it did not worked for me either, but now i love it. Autumn weather will be perfect time to wear it. Cozy, sweet, but not too much. Sugarish- vanillysh, but just right. Long lasting. But i must say, that this fragrance need to be "controlled". If I use more that two sprays it gets a bit over the top.
P.S I am also, suddenly, very attractive to the fact that this fragrance is now discontinued and cost way more than 3 years ago! But i have it, HA HA HA :) <3<3<3

Hyponse
Hyponse

Floral with musk notes. Does not exite me, but I wear it sometimes.

I won this when it came out in a raffle and I thought it was so so bad. Really stinky and nauseating.

Siv55
Siv55

Seems to start a bit violety, sort of spiced heather honey. Sweetish vanilla but not very. Dies very quickly.
Somehow manages to smell halfway between what is described as dated, and modern perfumes. Simply says I am wearing scent, but doesn't make any other kind of statement. A vague attraction, not eyes meeting across a crowded room. Not memorable.

Wega
Wega

On my skin, sharp, nose-burning, stomach-churning dryer sheets. A very chemical, plastic musk. Sorry, but this was an immediate scrubber. There could be no drydown worth the opening on this one for me!

Edit: Oh no! It will NOT come off, either!

Gosha
Gosha

This is warm, creamy, vanillic, floral, lightly sweet, lightly ambery, very womanly scent. I agree that it is mature, but I am not saying that it should be worn only by mature women! In fact I can't stand this ridiculous "age categorization". Who is to certify that a light fruity-floral is the only good thing for a teenager or that only a strong, classic fragrance should be used by a woman over 50? Plenty of young girls will wear very well a rich, "mature fragrance" just as a light, frivolous scent can be perfect for a grandma! :-)

It would seem that this fragrance sits differently on each skin as there are plenty of reviewers who find it strong, potent and overly intense, just as there are plenty of those who think that it's weak and short lived. Myself - I don't find it overpowering or particularly lasting, but I would not call it weak either. It lasts around 2 hours on me and remains pleasant throughout the time.

I must say that I am rather enjoying Attraction, however, it does remind me slightly of various other fragrances (several Boucheron or Elizabeth Arden creations), so in this regard it's nothing outstanding. Still I will happily wear it from time to time, especially now in the gloomy winter months!

Mariame
Mariame

Powdery floral-iris scent.Stays close to skin.Evokes cozy and warm feelings.Feminine,elegant ...just unforgettable.

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

A pleasant fragrance, sweet and somehow fresh at the same time, but unfortunately it vanishes very fast. Probably I need to give it another try in colder weather but now all I can say is that it is too light and lackluster.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

There is something in Attraction that smells just like wild honey that we used to buy out in the country. First it smells a little floral then this wild honey in there to me. Just a little is enough for me, it is potent on me. I think it would attract bees or bears with all this blossom scented honey smell.

Cereza
Cereza

It opens sharp and bitter on my sking, but after 10 minutes it changes to something extremely warm and cozy. I probably did wrong to test it on a day so hot like this, but I just had to.

As the notes change the patchoulli shows her face and starts to dominate at the drydown and here the problems start - I can't live with pachoulli, just can't. So it's a dislike for me.

But if it woulnd't be for patchoulli, i would really like this fragrance for the top and heart notes. Well...for the first 20 minutes. Too bad.

Aredore
Aredore

"Attraction" opens with green notes and florals, but the musky, vanillic "skin" scent dominates the composition. It's billed as sexy, modern evening scent, which it is.

But it's sweet - almost sticky sweet. The cedar, patchouli and iris have to work to keep the scent "grounded." It's a mature scent, something I could imagine a ladder-climbing buisness woman wearing once "juicy couture" was no longer acceptable but before she gets her "perfume clue."

Overall, it's not bad. It's just not great.

gesch

After months of seldom wearing attraction - i now wear it in the spring, and have to say: today it smells delightful!
during summer it was almost harsh and the sillage overpowering and shy of inducing headaches, during winter it was just harsh and smelled too formal/tough - today it smells like comfort -> creamy flowers: a bit of powder without smelling musky and just like smelling fresh cut flowers.
And without wanting to step on so's toes: This is the smell I imagine for mums: creamy soft flowers with a hint fresh! I would cuddle myself right now ;)
though the sillage is good as always, it just stays flowing around.
my new spring love...

dalmajen
dalmajen

This is a very strange perfume in my opinion! First of all, it's a bit sweet for my liking, and can't detect the vanilla at all! I only have a very small bottle, but would choose this over Tresor, which is far to cloying. I think this is more suited to fair woman, that enjoy a light floral note.

ktv0926
ktv0926

I own Attraction for almost a year and though the scent intrigues me, it is seldom the one to be chosen to wear. Attraction is very memorable, which I love about it, it has the sweet and powder quality to it with iris dominating in the composition.

Why don't I wear it as much? Attraction never gets weaker, which is supposed to be a good thing, complimenting to the quality of a fragrance. But in fact, it is so strong, that as time goes I wish it would have settled down already and evaporated just a little - it never does, thus becoming overwhelming and heady.

To be fair, I should mention that Attraction always gets me tons of compliments and this somehow makes up for the excessive strength.

P.S. best silage ever! And a year later I'm finally totally in love with Attraction!

daisywest
daisywest

I love this perfume So much, got lots of compliments when I wear it;P. somehow it reminds me Brahms Waltz, elegant,sophisticated,polite and humble.

glitteralex
glitteralex

I found this bland, chemical, and linear the first time I tried it, on a dry day last summer. Yesterday, I just rec'd another sample of the EDP from a generous MUA swapper. It was a horribly cold, wet day, and I experience this perfume very differently. It lifted nicely off my skin, with a metallic, woody feel. It is surprisingly polite; it reminds me a great deal in character of EL Dazzling Gold and Mark Cross' Embrace. It has a certain medicinal quality that I rather enjoy, and I don't find it sweet in the least, rather, it has a "dry" note to it. It is light in nature for the powerhouse ingredients it boasts.

shelpen
shelpen

Champagne for everyone!
It's crazy but Attraction is a very close interpretation of the smell of this bubbly drink. I mean like I smelled a glass full of it, that close.
It is "entertaining", but do I want to smell like it? Probably not... :)

Szonja
Szonja

I received an almost empty bottle of it and tested it for about three times. I found it very warm, ladylike, adorable if it suits your skin. For mature women, I can imagine it on an elegant mom from the '70s... it has a bit vintage feeling.
I think the vanilla basis dominates in this perfume's character.
Love the bottle, solid and smooth, yet elegant.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

I think ita a great perfume,cant understand the negative comments.I had it some years ago,and i find it feminine and sensual too.Very good for daily use,you smell clean and beautiful all day.

Not bad, but not wonderful either.

My opinions on this fragrance keep changing. One minute I'll dislike it, the next minute I'll be somewhat intrigued by its scent.

When I first applied Attraction to my wrist I was really confused as to why the gardenia, neroli and ylang ylang blend smelt so spicy and almost bitter on my skin. I guess it's a matter of chemistry although my friend also had the same reaction.

Finally when the intial blast of the top notes pass, I am left with a rich and heavy blend of flowers, which in my opinion is pleasant but not very soft or feminine.

When Attraction begins to fade and transcend into the drydown the scent becomes sweet and 'vanillery'. This drydown makes me like this fragrance, yet for the first hour I really did not enjoy Attraction in the slightest.

To purchase this fragrance simply because I am 'attracted' to the drydown is silly and a waste of money, especially when this fragrance is extremely overpriced.

I'd say that overall Attraction would have many positive responses, yet for me it just didn't have the 'wow-factor'. The lasting strength was phenomenal, I guess that's one good point, however I'm not surprised that Lancome has decided to discontinue this fragrance.

Nausicaä
Nausicaä

This one started out quite nice, sweet and flowery (but not too sweet) that evolved into a more heavy-sweet-vanilla-ish scent. But then it became spicy and I did not like it at all, it even gave me a small headache. After a while even the spices dissapeared, and now it is just a calm quiet scent; clean and fresh, but still serious.

I quite liked this one, exept from the spicy bit in the middle in wich I hated. However I might steal the mini-bottle from my mom and try it some more.

gesch

This is a very strange perfume - it changes between uncommon and plain. Plain as in 'not boring' but not very interisting.
On me it's for the first half hour a sweet ylang-ylang and later that changes to an amberish patchouli-iris. For that I'm really grateful since I'm not into the rose-note as well not too much vanilla.
I bought it 'blind' in the internet because i was searching for a rarely worn everyday-scent.
It is not often worn and to be found in the stores, but on me it gets too strong, so i only wear it to dinners, classic concerts and so on. It smells rather classic-sophisticated.

cora
cora

I had it as a gift 2 years ago and still have it ...This parfum does not have a proper "face" for me. After applying, it becomes powdery and i am getting bored.I personally don’t like it, but I use it ocassionally just to wear something for the day.

vtothek
vtothek

Woah, overload on the iris in this one. It completely takes over the composition after the top notes fade and makes the dry down very sour and cheap smelling. Can't smell any of the dry down notes. Top notes are nice for a few minutes, but overall a haphazardly thrown together composition.

veruska
veruska

In my mind the last interesting lancome perfume was tresor. i admit i haven't tried Magnifique, but most of the other modern lancomes did'nt work for me. A co-worker though wears Attraction and it made me go to a department store to test it. Thing is Attraction is a bit average but better than many others, more succesful lancome scents.Although i don't see it in the notes i smell in a fresh orange note, that leads in a white floral with a more prominent tuberose note. There are many great tuberose's around so i'd never pick this one from the lot, but it's not a bad introduction to this particular flower.My favourite part though is after 1hr when i get a straight patchouli vanilla combo. Better than expected.

lexina
lexina

I have purchased this via net, before finding this website and I really regret it. The scent is pretty, for someone who does like this mostly flowery perfumes with vanilla. I deffinitely don't. The only good thing is I love irises and plant them anywhere and then enjoy their smell. They smell like grandmas garden and I have good memories conected my childhood among her flowers. That's why I keep this perfume, but most definitelly I'm not gonna buy it again.

brickbird
brickbird

I tried this one at a duty free shop in an airport some years ago. I had a good impression. I bought it recently, but I don't have the same feelings about it. I find it a bit aggressive. Too sharp, too strong, too overpowering ...

lolita82
lolita82

Strong fragrance to be worn in winter! Get lots of compliments when i'm wearing it!

Lolly007
Lolly007

Ich empfinde den Duft garnicht stark.
Er ist eher auf meiner Haut sehr leicht und ist sehr schnell verflogen.

I do not feel the smell at all strongly or to sweetly. He is very light rather on my skin and has vanished very fast.

elgab89
elgab89

I feel the sweetness of this overpowers the floral or the woods accords. I love sweet perfumes, don't get me wrong, but in this case I do feel the sweetness takes over.
I am sorry to say that it is just another Vanilla perfume. Not as great as I thought it would be.
The Attraction was short-lived for me, I'm afraid.

joybee88
joybee88

This was a gift to me but I almost never wear it. It's too intense for me and kinda strong. I still smell strong hints on my wrist after a shower the next day.

angelineangel
angelineangel

Just purchased this perfume. Love the top and base notes, but I'm still deciding on the middle notes! I'm hoping it will be a lovely everyday perfume!

Attraction by Lancome 3.55 out of 5 based on 365 ratings and 54 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lancome Attraction fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lancome Attraction, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Attraction by Lancome. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Attraction by Lancome represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.