Designers » L » Woody Chypre « Groups

Balafre Lancome for men

Balafre Lancome for men
dislike

Balafre Lancome for men Pictures Balafre Lancome for men Pictures Balafre Lancome for men Pictures

The fragrance was named after a famous person of the history of France. 'Balafre' means ‘scar’, and Le Balafre (The Scarred) was the nickname of Henry I de Lorianne, Duke of Guise, one of the actors of the St. Bartholomew’s Massacre, who had a scar on his face. The fragrance was launched in 1967 and is considered to be a classical fragrance for men. Balafre is rare and expensive as it is not in mass production any longer. Eau de Toilette can be ordered at the Lancome institute in Paris.

This sharp day-time fragrance is ideal for cold weather wear. The top notes are bergamot, cypress, green herbs, lavender and neroli. The heart notes are carnation, cedar, musk sage, fern, geranium, oregano, and pine needles. The base notes are amber, leather musk, oak moss and vetiver.

The nose behind this fragrance is Gerard Goupy.

Cypress Chamomile Lavender Green Notes Neroli Bergamot

Carnation Clary Sage Cedar Pine Tree Needles Geranium

Leather Amber Musk Oakmoss Vetiver

Monsieur Rochas

Balafre Fragrance Reviews

AZ
AZ

This fragrance is really weird ( re-launched edition which is green). First I loved it, smelled like fresh lavander have some similarity with Caron Pour Homme but with less sweet and bought it then next days I smelled it again it seems very much different it was more smokey lavander, more like a dark forest feeling.

Anyway after while I tried it again and started to like some of the notes that I started to notice. I dont love it but I would not buy another one. It is a nice scent.

Rerik
Rerik

This fragrance is a statement.
A fragrance that gives man power.
It smells like trees. As one would go in the woods.
Often copied but never equaled.
A very similar scent is Bogner Deep Forest.

pronose
pronose

it's re launch again by lancome and you can buy it at lancome's shop for about 165£! pretty expensive though!

Fimafeng
Fimafeng

Fantastic scent.
I just want to get a hold of the original mix once again. It is so elegant and sporty for daytime use in the autumn, in the city or on the countryside among falling coloured leaves and fresh air.
It is a sporty gentlemans perfume.
I wonder why Lancome does not relaunch it. It is a classic by its own standards.
Bad marketing management by the house.

fazalcheema
fazalcheema

altimo225, you are wrong...i have about 60 ml of balafre and the pictured one is brun, not vert..brun is the original and vert came later

Bootsmann
Bootsmann

Hello all
I cant wrigt english, than I wrigt german.
Ich habe eine grosse Flasche BALAFRE MONSIEUR EAU DE TOILETTE 1000ml - 85% vol.
Nicht im Handel zu kaufen.
Herstellernr. 6986 52 EMB59139 Made in France.
Ein original aus dem Jahre 1967. In einem sagenhaft schönen massiven Messing - Kippständer und Unterstellplatte. Alles im sehr guten Zustand.
Eine wahre RARITÄT. Vor allem in dieser Grösse. Gerne sende ich Euch per Mail ein paar Fotos.
Ich biete diese Flasche zum Verkauf an.
Meldet euch unter meiner Mail Adresse
steininbach@hotmail.de

abdulhameed ali
abdulhameed ali

it is not available in market, when I asked in duty free shop they tell me it out from the market.

guest_gigante adamastor
guest_gigante adamastor

HAS ANY ONE AN IDEA HOW CAN I GET bALAFRE vERt by LANCOME ?

guest_krustnase
guest_krustnase

Hallo to all, I beame a new member, because all my searches for the vintage Fragrance in the last years has been unsuccessful. The aroma of BALAFRE has remained for me for all these years. Exact such as Fragrances like THAT MAN, MEN`S CLUB, OLD INN (early OLD PUB), SILVESTRE (not PINO) and GRES POUR HOMME. Theses wonderfull Fregances are out from the market - why? Has anyone an idea, how to get it?
Krustnase from Germany

altimo225
altimo225

there were two balafre-vert(green water) and brun(yellow water).picture on this site is vert.but they say brun is better.lancom issued it didnt notify that it is vert

Balafre by Lancome 4.25 out of 5 based on 54 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lancome Balafre fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lancome Balafre, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Balafre by Lancome. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Balafre by Lancome represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.