Designers » L » Floral Fruity « Groups

Benghal Lancome for women

Benghal Lancome for women
dislike

Benghal Lancome for women Pictures

Benghal by Lancome is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Benghal was launched in 2006. Top notes are ginger and mandarin orange; middle notes are apricot, osmanthus and jasmine; base notes are sandalwood and musk.

Ginger Mandarin Orange

Apricot Osmanthus Jasmine

Sandalwood Musk

Marry Me

Benghal Fragrance Reviews

astamm62
astamm62

This wasn't my cup of tea..Cedar isn't listed a note, but this reminds me of the way a pet store smells.

Scentmad
Scentmad

I bought this when it was launched. Oh dear. Bad move. Catches the back of my throat. It's amazing that Lancôme had the nerve really but you've got to love a trier. Discontinued and with good reason.

Elmyra
Elmyra

This is the weirdest fragrance i have ever purchased. Saw it on special tho at approx $20 so i thought id give it a try...i know my mom would like it, as she wears things along the lines of Opium and Estee Lauder.
I dont know how to rate it, not great, not horrible, extremely unique and different.
I like the top notes, the ginger, but the dry down isnt too great for me. I dont like the peach note, they havent gotten it quite right.

Maybe its because i have the best perfume with a peach note ever made imo - Burberry body intense, absolutely nothing beats that one, its pure and utter perfection. :)

(Btw another absolutely incredible scent with a peach blossom note is Legend by Mont Blanc, one of my top 10) .....just thought id mention it as its extremely well done -)

...i have also had one of the most successful ginger based perfumes ever created - BVL by Bvlgari...so hard to find it nowadays... :(

And i guess thats why i am able to make these comparisons. Benghal in no way sums up BVL or Body tho :p
If i dont learn to like it, i can always wear it right after my shower while im at home vacumming or doing laundry. Lol!

scenteena
scenteena

I'm still on the fence about Benghal, and it's not looking good. Perhaps, like some of you, I got caught up in the imagery of an exotic scent transporting me to a beautiful, Indian palace garden. It's an intriguing concept, no doubt, but IMO the problem lies with Lancome's execution of it. This could have been awesome had they used a heavier formulation. A fragrance like this needs an oiler base to give it richness, depth, and greater longevity. The weak EDT formula they chose to go with, is not at all unlike a body spray. Seriously, it reminds me of "play cologne" that used to come with toy beauty sets for litte girls in the 60's. Any stages of evolution regarding Benghal are irrelevant because it doesn't hang around in any time or strength to be experienced, so what's the point? A whiff of ginger on my wrist!? I could probably get some ginger out of my kitchen cabinet, sprinkle it on me and get the same effect. But this is SO NOT why I buy fragrance. I'll use up my bottle, but won't repurchase. And so alas, Benghal will soon be put on the LONG list of other SCENTED WATERS posing as fragrances!!

cinsot
cinsot

The piquant rhubarb sensation sky76sky aptly describes is Benghal's redeeming feature on my skin.

Finely milled ginger dust blasts from the very pretty bottle and settles high up in my olfactory and does not budge for a good hour or more. Elizabeth-Arden-True-Love brand of apricot jam slowly reveals itself behind the ginger dust.

Yuk!

Hang on a minute! Is this icky sticky goop turning? Was that a glimpse of crisp jasmine? Can I really smell a whiff of refreshing citrus?

Welcome tart rhubarb.

I adore the concept behind this scent "...evokes the gardens of an Indian palace..." but in reality the jasmine note is too fleeting, therefore this wearer does not arrive at destination Benghal.

Despite its flaws on my skin it is likeable.

Rosellini-in-love
Rosellini-in-love

This is a beautiful fresh (but not too green) scent. the ginger really brings this whole perfume together. No matter how much is applied, its just nice. No headache & non offencive, however it's very unique.

gingergirl60
gingergirl60

I love to buy fragrance when i travel and I picked this one up at Delhi airport.I find it very light and delicious but it gets warmer on me as the day goes on.Damp, pungent yet subtle...get lost in it!

Grazia
Grazia

The perfume is spicy ginger, unusual, unostentatious. I didn't feel an apricot and a jasmin. It lasts 2-3 hours on a skin and 8 hours on cloths. I like to catch whiffs of this perfume as I move around, an unique fragrance! The bottle is beautiful and stylish, I like it even more than perfume!

guest_LeeLee
guest_LeeLee

The ginger is very sharp on me, almost glittering bright. I discovered an orange blossom lotion which when layered together (with the perfume peeking over the top and used sparingly) presents me with a slightly naughty apricot and orange bliss that settles nicely. Light or nil on the lotion gives me an entirely different experience, a sexy burst that is not too earthy on me. There is a noticeable perception of heat for me, which begs for sunshine. Something reminds me in this of dry champagne as well.

melia
melia

I'm sorry, but I REALLY hate this one. My mom bought it in Sweden once; she was totally convinced of it's superiority by then, though I already had my doubts. When she smelled it at home she agreed with me that it smells like a toilet refreshener, so now we're stuck with this shitty fragrance. Maybe it's a good perfume in dry weather, but surely not in a rainy country like the Netherlands.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Oh, I love this! Lillybee & Nuppu have it spot-on.

I am particularly picky about how ginger is represented in fragrances as it can make or break them for me. Here, the ginger is true & resplendent in a basket of "real" sharp, sour & refreshing fruits (I do not find the florals break through the fruits, which is no bad thing).

Imagine a tart apricot jam or a tender pink rhubarb compot piqued by ginger & you will get the idea. It is refreshing, spicy, yet delicate & transparent in nature. Mouth-watering yet refined & mature with a super sandalwood base.

This is not your average fruity floral - Benghal is not tooty-fruity, it is authentic & interesting, warm yet sour, feminine without being particularly "sweet & pink".

A unique gem of a fragrance - I look forward to adding Benghal to my collection for summer.

kezbekistan
kezbekistan

Very pretty perfume. On me the sandalwood, jasmine and ginger seem to dominate. I agree with Nuppu, it's almost a green fragrance. But with a nice spicy, woody background. Maybe green on mahogany?
But a spray on a friend of mine was like a cross between apricot jam and marmalade; very sweet/citrus with a hint of flowers in the background.
still pretty and light, just different.

guest_Lee,nose!
guest_Lee,nose!

I just bought this fragrance purely for the description on the box! I am loving the smell on my wrist and keep having a wiff every couple of minuets, it is in a league of its own! Very unique well done Lancome its a brave move! Not your normal safe smelling fragrance!

sharyssa
sharyssa

Very spicy.To me it smelled like a bad version of Burberry London.I don't like this one but all in all Lancome has good perfumes.

sam
sam

After spraying it smells exactly like apricot jam on me :-). The dry-down is more floral-musky. I really love to wear this fragrance spring or autumn-time, although it is supposed to be a summer perfume. One of my favourites from Lancome (No1 ever is Poeme)

tangledvines
tangledvines

I am always purchasing perfumes searching for that one beautiful, long-lasting scent, as I seldom find a perfume that lasts on my skin let alone one I find truly "beautiful". Just when I was about to wave my little flag in defeat..there she was! Like a diamond shimmering in a pile of coals: Benghal! Perfect! Sweet apricots mixed with a little spice. It's a unique and wonderful scent that actually lasts and lasts on my skin. I sprayed it on roughly 6 hours ago and I can still catch whiffs of it as I move around. This is a first for me.
The Lancome website says it is now discontinued. *Heart Broken* I was lucky enough to find a bottle of it, and I hope when I run out I will be able to seek out a bottle online.

Moszatka
Moszatka

I don't like this, because of the ginger- I think. It can be similar to wet clothes on my skin. Not as good as I expected.

amanda
amanda

less sweet than tropiques but very interesting and modern scent, a bit masculine for me,

Nuppu

Now I have to make new review after purchasing this. First I did test it on airport over a year ago, liked it, try to forget it, but Benghal just keep alluring me in my memory until I just must go and get it. And I'm so glad I did it.

At first you get some citrusfruits and cardamon, then arrive big, bold duo of zesty ginger and sweet apricot. So delicius, but ginger keep everything nicely spiced up and not too sweet. I don't get jasmine or osmathus at all. Just bursting, hot'n spicy apricotjam, bright, colorful and so happy. And suits cool and rainy autumn well, too.

Benghal do have some exotic feel and even when it's fruity, it's nothing like most fruity fragrances. On many perfumes you can think "this one remind me of this and that one", but Benghal is new and special delicates, at least for me. Love it!

Ah, and the bottle is gorgeous and stylish.

guest_Tiya
guest_Tiya

I just bought this fragrance at a local T.J. Maxx and I absolutely love it! I was expecting something more subtle but I was amazed at the energizing aroma of the apricot (which is the most dominant) and the hint of something much more exotic. Overall, I love it!

lillybee
lillybee

I just bought Benghal as an addition to its sibling fragrance Tropiques. I agree with Nuppu, I was expecting a deeper, heavier oriental, but because it's an Eau de Toilette, I knew there's going to be a twist. It's light, airy, fruity, reminds me a of a mixture of elemi, allspice and sweet orange-y citrus notes (I smell no ginger at all). The most dominant on my skin is the apricot from the first few minutes right till the end. It is sheer and fresh first then it becomes greener and deeper almost like vetiver then mellows down to a powdery sweet smoky and sexy skin-flavoured base (somewhat like Dalissime by Dali without the vanilla) Delicious, though somehow the apricot drowned out everything and it didn't last more than 5-6 hours on me, so it's a 4.5 out of 5 stars from me. Benghal is also available from online stores not just at airports so give it a try!

Nuppu

By the name you woud assume some spicy, oriental thing, but this one is fresh and green, ginger dominates. Very nice and I kick my self 'cause I didn't bought it when it was on hand.

Benghal by Lancome 3.74 out of 5 based on 118 ratings and 22 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lancome Benghal fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lancome Benghal, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Benghal by Lancome. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Benghal by Lancome represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.