Designers » L » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Chrysalide Now or Never Lancome for women

Chrysalide Now or Never Lancome for women
dislike

Chrysalide Now or Never Lancome for women Pictures

Chrysalide Now or Never is a fresh floral and luxurious fragrance for women, launched in 1998 by the house of Lancome.

It contains the notes of: plum, vanilla, sandalwood, narcissus, clover leaf, jasmine, cardamom, pink peppercorn, pomegranate seed and mandarin.

it is available as 30 ml EDT

Jasmine Narcissus Sandalwood Cardamom Vanille Mandarin Orange Pink Pepper Clover Plum Pomegranate Seed

Smarty Susie

Chrysalide Now or Never Fragrance Reviews

paleface
paleface

This is soooooo nice, so verrrry nice! On me it is all about yellow and white flowers with green, fresh leaves, some honeyed clovers peaking out from the bunch. Shyly sweet as flowers are; I don't detect any clear fruity notes - only a hint of orange, also on a fresh side - neither any spices. Instead I find something aquatic, like water lily (not mentioned above), in the start, that vanishes rather soon.

The blend is beautiful, allegedly simple. Innocent like Emilie from Fragonard, classy like old Nina (1987) by Nina Ricci. Don't get me wrong: these three are totally different perfumes (actually I find Chrysalide unique, which per se is quite remarkable). But the vibe, the air, the flower-power - the focus is always there, in the bunch, even after several hours.

Sillage is rather intimate, more like a magic circle around you. But lasting power is good: for many many hours you can get the whiffs of those gorgeous, pure flowers. They soften, they mingle, but they definitely stay, lingering and loitering...

One of my new, but sadly discontinued, favourites. Already thinking where to find next bottle...

passionata20
passionata20

13. may 2013

The theme of the collection of makeup that also included this fragrance was blue, like the box of the fragrance, but to me the right colour for this fragrance would be a combination of acid yellow and acid green. That´s how i see the smell of this fragrance. And i must say, this is not a negative association. The smell is quite an acidic (not spoiled in any way), quite sharp and even sour in the opening and until the end of the middle stage. I guess he opening features very strong notes of mandarin and pomegranate with a lot of synthetic jasmine. about 10 minutes later the pink pepper makes a visit for a while, but this is not the kind of sweeter pink pepper we are used to in modern fragrances, this is indeed peppery.
Are you scared already with my description of so many notes taht seem like a total disaster? Do not be, in fact it is a weird one, but very wearable and strong combination of notes that i even enjoy. Quite enjoy. It is so different from nowdays vanilla stuffed perfumes. The projection is quite strong in the beginning for the first couple of hours, no complaints about that. Today was a humid weather, more on a chilly side and my guess that´s when this fragrance works best. not for the hot climate, however i will give it a try during the summer.
The closer to drydown, the more yellow flowery and woodsy it is. I don´t know which notes are those, but i enjoy them very much. I tell you, from all the notes listed here i can smell Jasmine, pomegranate, mandarine orange, pepper, a bit of clover. Somehow no plum, no vanilla, no cardamome, not really a narcissus note (maybe my nose just fails, but no strong narcissus note like i am used to in other fragrances9.

It is quite unique, however some might say it smells cheap, when in fact it is not. Yes, you always can find something similar amongst cheap imitation fragrances, but i bet they are still not that good composed and they miss this fabulous drydown.

Stays strong for 3 hrs on my skin, then fades into soft drydown close to skin.

GREAT!
Gives me an impression liek this is a "Miracle" also by Lancome, but on steroids, super concentrated "Miracle" (actually "Chrysalide" is predecessor of "Miracle", they are not the same, don´t get me wrong, they just share the same vibe IMO)

Beatrixel
Beatrixel

oh my! the white florals always have a way of saying I'm whorish yet a virgin at the same time. this is probably why I am so attracted to them. jasmine will always be a dual scent to me, but in this one it's quite remarkable!

guest_cajuny
guest_cajuny

I still have my 98's bottle and i enjoy it every time i smell it.I quite like it was limited edition coz i'm among the happy fews! ;)

lucifera
lucifera

thanks for putting this one up :-D i adored my first lancome fragance in my teen years and probably will buy it when i can get my hands on it somewhere xD didn't know it was a limited edition.
Sweet in a good and non cloying way!
it also has a little banana'ish in it
quite pleasant

Sultan
Sultan

one of my favourites of Lancome. I bought it in 1998 for my friend and never seen it again elsewhere. even though the bottle is very simple and was dane as limited edition for the season's makeup the fragrance is truely amazing. Ines Sastre is beautiful as always!

Chrysalide Now or Never by Lancome 4.29 out of 5 based on 19 ratings and 6 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lancome Chrysalide Now or Never fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lancome Chrysalide Now or Never, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Chrysalide Now or Never by Lancome. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Chrysalide Now or Never by Lancome represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.