Designers » L » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Climat Lancome for women
dislike

aldehydic
Climat Lancome for women Pictures

Climat by Lancome is a Floral Aldehyde fragrance for women. Climat was launched in 1967. The nose behind this fragrance is Gerard Goupy. Top notes are violet, peach, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, bergamot, rose and narcissus; middle notes are aldehydes, rosemary and tuberose; base notes are sandalwood, tonka bean, amber, musk, civet, bamboo and vetiver.

Violet Peach Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Bergamot Rose Narcissus

Aldehydes Rosemary Tuberose

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Amber Musk Civet Bamboo Vetiver

Climat (La Collection Fragrances)
Tamango
Madame Rochas 2013
Sortilege
Chance Eau Tendre

Climat Fragrance Reviews

halona1
halona1

Beautiful and so underrated. I was just graduated when i got Climat into my hands and wore it religiously as signature for a long time. It was unusual because Climat wasn't popular in my age group then, all were raving about Escada juices.
As much as i recall on my young skin it was transparent green and aquatic. One my co-worker complemented me each day, she stalked me and didn't leave me in peace till i wrote her the name.
Of course i still do have sentiments for this precious perfume, but i think it wouldn't be the same effect if i came back.

brian.cloutier1
brian.cloutier1

A wonderful clean classic floral! Fresh and alive.... The true authentic vintage version..... 1st edition second and final 2003 edition are all just a tad different melody swirling around the original vision.... Buyers beware! eBay is loaded with terrible china knock off fakes! Look for authentic trademarks.... A true vintage bottle in box will have no bar code......1979 versions are amazing and gold bullion prices.....
I need to make this irony statement.... If you take Avon Regence cologne and mix it with Avon Tasha you have Lancôme Climat..... Go figure.....

tandem_4x4
tandem_4x4

Got my original miniature from 60th. Its really difference from the modern versions. I was very sceptical about comments that old one is different, as I have other vintage perfumes and they are exactly the same as the new once. Cant say the old one is really bad and new one is really worse. I actually love new one more, though old one is good too.

vik73
vik73

Like many others( Je Ose, Fidji,Joy) Climat was reformulated. Nothing common with the thing I remember. So pity! I can hardly understand the idea of reformulating the most classic creations!

lukafrod
lukafrod

i had it long time ago..
i so loved this aroma..really amaizing smell.
suddenly, i saw it in a pharm close to my house..
it so differnt, almost does not remind the original one...
what LANCOME did do for this fragrance???
i think i'll never get it back...
it so sad.

marioslg3
marioslg3

is this totally feminine or can be used by a man? what do you believe as i havent try it?

RozaMoisevna
RozaMoisevna

Back in soviet times it was the most wanted perfume. Such a pity it disappeared after the rumours that it was the favourite one of French prostitutes...

truffles

Saw the new bottle of this at an airport today and sprayed some on my arm, just in case the airport one was real and the one I bought on Ebay (and returned) a couple of years ago was fake. Sadly, it's much the same affair as that one.
LANCOME, LANCOME, LANCOME, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO CLIMAT, AND WHY?
This stuff is NOTHING like the original Climat, I can't fathom it at all.
The 'new' Magie Noire is very much like the old one so why was it so beyond Lancome to not massacre Climat, eh?
I purchased a 'smellalike' oil perfume recently that was supposed to be 'Climat' and it was very strange. I think they must have based it on the new ridiculous imposter and never even smelled the original..

neckar
neckar

Cálida, envolvente... una delicia de perfume, una pena que ya no encuentre.

Fräulein Schill
Fräulein Schill

Bought original Climat a long time ago and still carry on loving it. / Just for a short reference, I wonder why some people prefer very (!) negative comments about smell? I always thought there are as many different options of description and so far each smell has own influence on each separate person. Am trying to read some review about one smell that am awaiting and all I can see is funny opinion. However, I am sure the smell isn't so bad. Never mind.

pif
pif

IMHO Definitely perfect feminine SPECIAL OCCASION odour. To my taste - the best of those I have smelled. When it was discontinued by the manufacturers so many fakes appeared on the marked that I very much doubt that people can properly evaluate the original Climat these days. I personally can`t imagine a sane human leaving a negative feedback on this.

timida88
timida88

Magical! for me it is smell of springtime :)

Red Susie
Red Susie

I used to wear this perfume 30 years ago, and then it disappeared fom sale in New Zealand (small population at the ends of the earth means limited fragrance imports I guess especially back then). I remember I loved it and for some reason I remember most the violet, although clearly there was more to it. I still love aldehydic florals, but from what I read here it seems I'll only be disappointed if I try the reformulation

wbp
wbp

Very oily smell with vintage feeling. For the vintage lovers must be ok, for me is really hard to wear for more then 10 minutes.

ms rochambeau
ms rochambeau

I had seen images of Climat on Ebay before and didn't know much about it, so I didn't want to risk it. However, A woman at a flea market was asking a fair price for what was left (1/3) of a vintage, 1/2 ounce parfum, a few months ago, so I snapped it up. I'm glad I did. Climat, is one of those creamy, old-style chypres that seems to lie somewhere in between the beautiful and long discontinued Deneuve and YSL's "Y". While I am NOT a lover of aldehydes (love Chanel No, 5 though), I have to say that they don't seem to feature prominently in Climat. What does seem to dominate, in a good way, is oakmoss, which is, strangely, not listed above. If you're a chypre lover/collector, you should definitely keep your eyes open for a VINTAGE bottle of Climat and heed the words of many of the reviewers here: Don't buy new Climat expecting a real classic chypre because the IFRA will not allow them to make a chypre like this anymore.

oxana0311
oxana0311

i have had so many different perfumes including very expansive ones, but climate is still my number one choice, too bad you can't by them anymore. luckily i bought a small bottle in Paris a few years ago but its all gone by now. Hope to find it there again this summer

itsizzi
itsizzi

I was introduced to this fragrance in the 70's when a friend brought a bottle back from France. I had read once that it wasn't introduced to the USA because it was too complex for American women. It is, or should I say was, the most wonderful perfume I've ever worn. It's a classy, sensual scent that every man in my life commented on and women ask what I'm wearing. But, as others have noted, what is sold today bears little more than a shadow resemblance to the original. Such a bummer. I see that Lancome has discontinued it again.

scouserdog
scouserdog

I had the vintage which was lovely but sadly is long gone. I was thrilled to see it back in the shops but this smells nothing like the original - a total waste of money.

Marianne, DK
Marianne, DK

This was my favorite fragrance in the 80's, when suddenly it dissapeared from the danish stores. Last week I found it again on a holiday in Amsterdam, new bottle - and new smell. It has the same sharp lemony burst at the beginning, but the refined, beautiful soft layer of rose and jasmine, which I liked so much, did not develop afterwards. I had read about reformulation of this masterpiece and it is true, sadly enough.

mystica
mystica

This review is for the new version:

I didn't have the chance of trying vintage Climat and since some time I was wondering about the difference between the two. Indeed I had opened a topic about this which didnot help much, but revisiting this page again I am so happy to see reviews comparing the two.

It seems that the new Climat has not much to do with the old one (another Magie Noir case). Having tried two or more times the new one to be sure as to how it really smells, I can say that my experience is totally different with it (than the other users').

I smell curry, spices that is particularly (even exactly) curry! It has a strong aldehydic and animalic note to it, which I can describe as "old world". As for flowers, rose is detectable to my nose.

Overall, the new Climat is a very heady fragrance which takes a slightly softer -and somehow more floral- turn some time after the application. I would certainly wouldn't classify it as a floral though. It is well composed hence it's hard to break it down to its components (by delving into that curry note!). This is a mega mixture which I will describe as:

Aldehydic - chypre - animalic(civet) - spicy-like - slightly floral - and slightly powdery.

A very interesting fragrance.

Floral aldehyde fragrance!

I would say that the aldehyde note and the narcissus note are the most noticeable in this fragrance. The composition of this fragrance seems much more complex than compositions of the nowadays fragrances. And it's great!

Actually, I can't say that I like this fragrance too much, because I prefer more lively floral compositions. And in this fragrance floral notes bring associations with flowers in the glass more. But I really appreciate that this fragrance smells complex a lot. And it's really elegant.

craitza
craitza

It smelles like an elegant old lady.

Meggie1031
Meggie1031

I just purchased a new "sealed in the box" bottle of Climat EdP on Amazon.com last week. Awful, awful...smells like hairspray - I am returning it tomorrow. So very, very disappointed because I love this fragrance. I still have 2 of my original bottles from 10 years ago - empty, of course, but I can still open them and smell what is left. Climat is a truly beautiful fragrance. I would love to find it again!

onimoka
onimoka

I was around 10 years old, when my mom got "Climat" as a present. 15ml bottle, just as the one on the fragranticas picture. Smells divine! I remember putting tip of my nose very close to the bottle, and the smell would fallow me for hours. I just got 75ml bottle of "Climat" EdT, as a gift from my moms friend. First sniff....jes, it is "Clemat", but lighter, somehow more like a "day" fragrance. Not cheap, but not the same as the old formula. I like this new one too. It is sweet - aromatic. Much thinner that the old version. Long lasting. NOT old lady like (at least not on my skin). I do not know why they brought this back under same name though. It is kinda cheating on the customer. If you are thinking of buying a new "Climat", get a sample first. You can consider it as a little sister of "Clemat".

P.S want to add that i will also agree with "Doc Elly". I detect some citrus notes too.

Old world sexy. A slightly oily, strong floral with a definite vintage feeling. Not my style, but glad I got to sample it

Sourneli
Sourneli

I was student when I was using it in early 80s, It was wonderful time...:) I was feeling so confindent leaving house in the morning with sent of Climat!!!!!

twillocks
twillocks

This is okay but not me. I think it is the Aldehyde ?? I don't know. someone else yes, me no.

IrishCol
IrishCol

I used to buy myself this perfume when I was working during my 20's! It was always my favourite and made me feel so grown up and sophisticated!! So so sad that it is so hard to purchase now ... how I wish I could smell it one more time...so many great memories of that time in my life!

Bebe70
Bebe70

Absolutely wonderful!
A perfume that makes a woman unforgettable.
The truth is it smells very much like Estee Super, but Climat is superior to Lauder's creation.

teetee
teetee

my mum use to wear it like 20 years ago. I bought her this year s edition and it has nothing to do with the original smell. The original was fresh watery aldehyde smell, todays version is cheap drugstore something to use maybe as a "house perfume". loved it, hate it now.

Grazia
Grazia

It's a great beautiful classy sweet and slightly sour scent with elegant dry down and a wonderful veil!

truffles

Apart from Magie Noire, I would say that Climat is the most beautiful perfume I have ever worn.
I discovered it about ten years ago when I found an unboxed miniature bottle in a charity shop.
Oh my! What a delight.
The little bottle sat on one of my kitchen shelves in my little flat and is long gone and much lamented.
I'm not going to try to describe the smell, I couldn't put it into words and it would definitely lose in the translation.
It's a floral aldehyde and I think you can tell I like it!
(I love Malegria's alien description though! For me, although I know she meant something different, it speaks of Climat's elegance)
Climat screams 'class' and 'quality'!
Actually, I'm wearing Liz Earle Botanical No 1 at the moment (it's not on the database here yet), and, strangely,citrus aside, it's the only perfume that has ever reminded me slightly of Climat.
I bought a new and sealed big bottle of Climat EDT recently on Ebay and was so disappointed. I don't know if it was a fake or a reformulation but it was barely there and had nothing of the contents of that little bottle about it.
When I am rich I am going to get the really expensive set of Lancome minis and hope that that Climat is the same as the one I remember.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Flowers straight up, preserved in aldehydes! That’s what jumps out of the vial, even before being invited out. Once on the skin, a lot of citrus comes to the fore, making the blend masquerade as something almost like orange blossoms, one of the few flowers that I like in perfume. This citrus phase is nice, but it fades pretty quickly, only lasting a couple of hours. What I tried is the EdT, so a more concentrated version might have better longevity. This is a pleasant floral scent that seems to be heavy on the top notes. It’s nothing extraordinary that I would go out of my way to obtain more than a sample of.

missrika
missrika

I'd love to trade for some of this. My Mother always wore it and smelled divine.

defne
defne

A floral that becomes so flat that it bores you, the drydown is a total disapoinment

katnos_patsi
katnos_patsi

my mother love this scent.she wear it since her universty times.there was deficite of this parfumes iN USSR so i think this smell takes her top that happy days when she was young.but i dot like this scent.it too heavy and smells like oil.

Malegria
Malegria

I have a complicated relationship with this aldehydic wonder. It`s a nostalgic scent for me...my mom wore it for a while when I was a very happy toddler, and then she bought a bottle when I was a very unhappy teenager. I love and hate it at the same time.
The opening is almost sickly fresh, and then it quickly develops into a gorgeous sharp floral...the trail it leaves behind is unbelievable!But there is something "too much", something disturbing about it, pain/pleasure type that won`t let me have it. I would also add that there is nothing sexy about it for my taste, it`s a scent of a different,non-carnal nature, like it was made for aliens with turquoise-colored blood that communicate by telepathy and have sex in dreams.
I always love it on others and immediately it puts me in a hound dog mode - but, unfortunately, it is just not made for my pleasure. Climat is my Nemesis perfume.

Climat by Lancome 3.99 out of 5 based on 212 ratings and 37 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lancome Climat fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lancome Climat, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Climat by Lancome. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Climat by Lancome represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.