Designers » L » Chypre Floral « Groups

Cuir de Lancome (La Collection Fragrances) Lancome for women
dislike

leather
smoky
Cuir de Lancome (La Collection Fragrances) Lancome for women Pictures Cuir de Lancome (La Collection Fragrances) Lancome for women Pictures Cuir de Lancome (La Collection Fragrances) Lancome for women Pictures

La Collection Cuir by Lancome is a chypre floral fragrance for women. La Collection Cuir is a new fragrance and it was introduced in 2007. The noses behind this fragrance are Calice Becker and Pauline Zanoni. Top notes are mandarin orange, saffron and bergamot; middle notes are patchouli, hawthorn, jasmine and ylang-ylang; base notes are orris root, birch and styrax.

Mandarin Orange Saffron Bergamot

Cuir de Russie

Cuir de Lancome (La Collection Fragrances) Fragrance Reviews

Henriette
Henriette

Very beautiful, warm, cozy scent.
Very classy, old money kind of scent.
I do not find it so much floral as others have stated and I do not find it being a "floral chypre" has Fragrantica categorizes it.
For me it's a warm cuir scent, do not think about leather similar to Bandit's, Knize Ten or Cabochard, not at all. Cuir has the greasy cuir as you would find in a saddle, expensive English gentleman shoes, the kind of scent you can feel at Hermés when visiting the saddlery section in their stores.
All that being said I love it a lot, it's very feminine and at the same time very masculine, it's very very refined, so classy that it's beyond gender classification.
It's a soft scent, not loud at all and I love its being so intimate. I always use it sparingly.
Immediately after spraying it you are immersed in cuir and minute by minute you are led into softness, a smoky softness at times, a woody softness at others.
No flowers for me and no nauseating sweetness as in some other cuir based scents you are overwhelmed with.
In a word: PERFECTION IN A BOTTLE.

smcandsmc
smcandsmc

I'm not sure I would call this feminine, considering that every new frag for men is loaded with enough super sweet violet leaf that it could induce type II diabetes. Soft is the right word-- Azuree can step on you with her stiletto heels, but CdL embraces. Very lovely and comforting without boring you. The smokey birch is very welcome and differentiates her from Chanel Cuir de Russie; CdR is not leather enough for me.
A worthy addition to a leather enthusiast's collection, to me it is the soft end of the spectrum when you don't want any skank or riding crops.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

Mmm, lovely, soft, warm leather!

My grandfather used to make teddy bears when he retired, and there would be bags of suedey fur around his house, the leather of Cuir reminds me a little of that lovely smell. Quite different from the minimalist luxury car-seat leather of Cuir de Russie

It opens with a rich citrus quality that reminds me a little of Shalimar, much softer though. Very complex, it's not a straightforward leather.

The tangy warm feel develops into a dusty/sweet quality (that could be both hawthorn and saffron)and there’s an anisic note that smells like licorice. Alongside the birch tar and styrax notes the effect is chewy and leathery, almost gourmand (I'm reminded of a chocolate flavoured liquorice all-sort!)

Cuir de Lancome is complex yet cosy and easy to wear, sweet but quite unisex. It’s lightly musky but not animalic (nothing haybarn or cat-pee-esque)more sensual than erotic.

In a way it reminds me of Luten's Chergui, but warmer and more golden. I’d imagine wearing it in autumn, but I think it could be worn any time of year, especially evenings, for a luxuriously soft, warm and elegant aura. Everyone will want to cuddle you!

po
po

Just got Cuir de Lancome this morning so it's too early for a review but I'll type what's printed on the back of the box for those who are curious:

''The Left Bank; a back-street in St Germain... a woman steps inside the luxurious lobby of a Parisian Hotel. Her appearance creates a silence and freezes time for a short moment. She embodies those women who possess infinite charm, timeless grace, a unique presence - her assured step, even the slightest gesture capture attention and light. Her undeviating stare explores the depths of your soul. Ethereal, almost unreal, she drifts toward a small marble table where a bouquet of flowers and a note await her. Slowly she sinks into the velvet arms of a large sofa. An eternal moment: sensually, she removes her gloves, the warm, supple leather slides gently over her fingertips. Around her, the flowery notes of the bouquet seem to hover in the air. The words she reads draw a smile... like a secret lighting up her lips. Her glowing eyes radiate an intriguing light: that of intense passion. She is, at this very moment, the quintessential woman, her fulfillment is absolute and unveiled.''

amelie
amelie

Maybe I'm spoiled, so long I wanted to have it ... now I don't know whether I want it or not. Truth, Cuir de Lancome is very similar to J'ai Ose (Guy Laroche), and in particular EdT that I loved! But it is a bit cold as Caleche, which I also loved.
How strange, I was looking for it in all the perfume and it's here now on my wrist. Subtle smell like the finest soap, clean (saffron?), maybe to go to the theater, or on the red carpet, but it just wasn't for me anymore. The chypre I loved is here, I no longer look for something. I think this is goodbye, not because I don't like, is actually brilliant. I'm happy though because I found it really is a clone of my beloved J'ai Ose.

edit/ it was as if I had seen my greatest love after 20 years or more ... all the same, and yet not.

angel6
angel6

I like to Thank Sparklegoth for send me a sample of this beautiful perfume that I want to try for so long.
When I first applied I could smell a lot of similarity with Traversee du Bosphore just not as sweet but the resemblance is there, but as it dries down becomes a very elegant leather. I'm in love.

Update (30/11/13)
I just received this perfume in the mail today, and just read the back of the box, it is so poetic, the description of the women that wear this perfume.
"She embodies those women who possess infinite charm, timeless grace, a unique presence-"
I just compare Chanel Cuir de Russie and Cuir de Lancome and they are so similar that I don't think I need the chanel if I have Cuir de Lancome.
you guys should read the whole thing, it's beautiful.
I love this perfume so much that I want to get a back up bottle.I rate this perfume 10 out of 10. MASTERPIECE.

KaseyC
KaseyC

I don't get the leather note in this perfume. If there is any, it must be a different scent from that of my leather bags. Instead, all I get are spicy notes and heavy notes of styrax and saffron.

If you love floral and fruity fragrances (I do), then I have to tell you it takes a while for you to get used to this scent. I don't mean it is unpleasant. It's just different. It's heavy and kind of sweet. This perfume somehow reminds me of certain kinds of oriental herbs and spices.

SolangeN
SolangeN

Bought this unsniffed and now have the problem of don't want to wear it because every spray brings it that much closer to empty. A well-balanced blend of balmy, sharp and floral, it lasts well into 6 hours. The saffron intensifies and hones the leather the same way it does for Black Cashmere's wood.

How is it possible this and Sikkim are discontinued and La Vie est Belle exists? How expensive could it be to produce? Does Lancome not want repeat customers? At this point all I buy from them is Magie Noire.

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

This is absolutely gorgeous. At first it was mainly fresh citrus notes for me - but then evolved into something else entirely! Leather, Saffron, Smokey notes and then those beautiful florals!

Apart from the exquisite scent, the longevity of this has blown me away! This is the only Lancome perfume I've tried (so far) that doesn't disappear within an hour or two. Cuir De Lancome seems to last the distance on me (4 hours at least before it becomes a softer, close-to-the-skin fragrance.

I will be buying a full bottle of this when I can :)

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

Whenever I wear this beauty, which is almost never because it is such a nice collectible, I am blown away at how genuine the leather accord is. This smells exactly like an old, brown leather jacket from the 70s to me. It opens up as a fresher type of leather scent, but quickly morphs into the rich patchouli/saffron leather perfume that is Cuir de Lancome...

I smell the orange brown leather of a well loved leather coat, the remnants of patchouli oil worn as perfume, the distant notes of days spent outdoors and campfires that last all night long. A very discreet ylang ylang adds the warmth of solar rays on the skin.

A true majestic, but wearable leather scent. A perfume to be treasured and passed along to future generation... if any of it remains! Because I love this ALOT.

Bottle and box are to die for, the epitome of elegance and discreet class. No glitter, no colors. Just class. I feel so fortunate to have received this gem in a swap!

Lubylikes
Lubylikes

Well, call me a sucker for styrax, saffron and hawthorn, I am totally down with this fragrance. A leather without the creaking, CdL might be those brown buttery soft, knee high boots you bought in Italy and refuse to take off even for sex. Or it may be the fabulous tan you got in Spain when white was your colour and the smell of oranges underpinned everything. It's not about sex though, it's too refined for that, but it is very sensuous owing to patchouli and ylang.

CdL's base is delicious after sleep but don't get it any warmer, it's not really suited to hot weather when it can be cloying; Russie's brighter rose & citrus might be a better idea then but I've never tried CdR in summer to be sure.

I don't worry much about projection, as long as I can smell my own perfume I don't care if anyone else can and CdL has perfect sillage for me. It has longevity to die for, can wear all day on a few morning spritzes and will still be on your clothes come laundry day. You can wear it almost everywhere with anything, it won't ever let you down.

Cuir de Russie is a dry, rigorously polished and uptight leather compared with Lancome's golden take on Cuir. Sometimes Russie is right for the moment but mostly I reach for CdL. I'd hate to ever be without it.

alexis_lomakin
alexis_lomakin

I bought Cuir de Lancome blind because it seemed to have everything I like, and Luca Turin has written a nice review on the fragrance in the "PERFUMES: the guide".

...Wow!
What a wonderful economy (still of high quality) version of Cuir de Russie!
However, like people from different parts of Russia, Cuir de Lancome has its own unique accent.
5 stars to it!!!

blacktaffeta
blacktaffeta

Well. This is obviously hugely popular, and deservedly so, as it's a lovely rendition of a classic done with high-quality ingredients and a true desire, apparently, to be faithful to the past. So kudos to Lancome for this, and the others in the series - Sikkim, Magie etc..

Although Cuir opens oddly on me (maybe the saffron?) with a slightly burnt-bacon note which is disconcerting, soon it settles down to a very lovely buttery leather/suede note that is very charming - IF I stick my nose against my arm. Longevity is good.

The problem I have is simply one of projection. To me it is terribly faint. DH can smell it quite well (and likes it btw) but I seem to be largely anosmic to it, which is very sad.

I bought this blind because it seemed to be everything I love, but am regretting paying quite that much for it! Those reviewers who picked it up for pennies when it was dsicontinued did very well - those days are gone. So if you are considering paying top-dollar for this then I suggest you try before you buy, just in case you can't smell it either!

TillyWave
TillyWave

Cuir de Lancome is refreshing to wear, no not because it's "fresh" it's because CdL is real perfume! It wears long but not loud, it changes as it wears, it has personality, and it is not a pale imitation of something else.
I personally would categorize this as a Floral Woody Musk--the top notes are a pleasantly harsh saffron/birch mix, to me it smells like sniffing a shot of good whisky, with vapors that burn your nose, while drinking in a warm bar with that has a fireplace burning. At first I thought I would only be able to wear 1 spray of this, as the top is very strong, but CdL wears down into a sueded jasmine/floral, with a heavy wood base and a hint of smoke. The suede and smoke notes start to wear off, and the base wears as a musk/powder/rooty (orris root?) wooded floral blend.
I know this isn't a great writeup of the way it smells, but I think CdL smells wonderful, in a league of its own. It has excellent lasting power, nice projection, it smells like a lot of thought was put into it. This perfume is no longer made, and seems to be disappearing, so get it while you can...

Hélio Sérgio Rocha
Hélio Sérgio Rocha

Here we have a soft leather fragrance but not like the others: it is très chic!

The opening with safron is quite soft with some citrus notes to balance its power.

Then, the leathery notes (may become from the birch) appears making this scent so confortable as the leather here is quite soft! Also, added to this masterpiece i have some patchouli to put some sweetness accords.

I do not get any floral notes here but something powdery that brings some luxuty to this scent.

The dry is little bit resinous and leathery, but on a smooth combination.
Longlasting and good projection.

People must say it looks like Cuir de Russie, but i do not agree (i think it could be the soft and luxury leather that both have).

If i could choose one of them, i'd go with Cuir de Lancome - easier to wear!

*****

sanzioonofre
sanzioonofre

I love leather fragrances. In special the 'cuir de russie' scents. This one is not an exception. I can get lots of styrax and birch tar. Cuir de Lancôme is very conforting, almost medicinal, bitter-sweet, smoky, tar-like scent. Sometimes on my skin it reminds me of Fahrenheit by Dior. Maybe it is the same styrax gasoline-like note they share. One of my favorite fragrances!!!

AnaCezar
AnaCezar

As another member said, this is perfection in a bottle. Smells like liquid heaven. I must say I´m quite surprised cause the first time I tried Le Cuir I really hated it. My nose played a big trick on me. It´s such a soft, creamy, velvety, classy, sophisticated leather scent. Longevity is impressive.

missy.stratimirovic
missy.stratimirovic

My first blind purchase. Absolutely sophisticated and elegant. The opening notes are fantastic and the drydown is resinous and smokey and not very sweet. There is a point somewhere in the middle where it's almost masculine but all in all it's a feminine classic. I am not a big fan of leather so I guess this is not that leathery after all. Not in the Cuir de Russie kinda way. A big plus :)

rottannie
rottannie

The beautifully nostalgic scent of horseback riding as a child. Love this.

zosoroxy
zosoroxy

Incredible leather, tobacco, & floral, +++ Bourbon VANILLA!!! Vanilla in the top notes. Vanilla through the heart. Drydown? A trail of true, high quality, pure vanilla. (EdP).

Sillage & longevity are impressive indeed! I've rc'd numerous compliments while wearing this :) Beautifully blended, soooo silky, comfortable, easy to wear w/ jeans & a sweater, or more formal wear; And oh-so-smooth as silk-(I couldn't resist saying it twice- And now thrice- Cuir de Lancome is sultry and sm-o-o-o-th!) Calls to mind an indulgent, exertion-tired, after a day of skiing, cozy, kick off your ski boots and relax by the fire fragrance, for my lifestyle. It transitions seamlessly amongst top/heart/base. Just an inexplicably beautiful floral, leather, smoky/tobacco notes.

BUT- I don't know why, others in general seem to either not notice, nor bother to mention, the intensity of the beautiful, boozy, Bourbon, smooth as silk Vanilla in this fragrance??? To my nose- unfortunately- it overpowers the entire composition. (I cannot tolerate heavy vanilla/tonka- For example, I cannot tolerate Shalimar, either.) Although, I do recognize, and fully appreciate, a *touch* of well-blended vanilla, in select classics- ie Lanvin Arpege, VC&A First... Regrettably, the vanilla component is just TOO much in this otherwise relaxed, elegant, classic Lancome limited edition, imho.

Is anyone else sensing an overdose of vanilla? Perhaps I have a particular intolerance for it?

So, I'm looking to find a new home for my remaining 2/3 bottle w/ box! If anyone might be inclined to trade, (w/i continental US), please pm me! :) (Please don't hesitate- Otherwise, I'm likely to throw it away soon!) (I'm cleaning my perfume house.)

And... Speaking of leathers, I also have EL Azuree w/ box,(citrus/leather by Bernard Chant for Estee Lauder), 85% full bottle, to trade :) Anyone?

Lumiere

One more update: I find Cuir a very long lasting and sophisticated fragrance. Birch and chamomile make it a bit medicinal and aromaherapy for me-however, that is a plus for me, I do like it a lot. I sense also some incense-it is calming. I have discovered it works for me when I layer it with tiny bit of Obsession, CK, in warm spring weather it is a wonder, these two together. Cuir as base, and Obsession to lift it a bit.

nastyamason
nastyamason

I love it. It was not love from the first sniff. In fact, the first one was just okay. I saw it deeply discounted at the time and considered buying a second bottle but I was not so impressed with it and passed on the bargain. But as I wore it, I realized this is one of the best perfumes. I wanted a second bottle for sure and ordered one today. Paid more than for my first bottle but it is worth it. I do not get a lot of leather, just a hint maybe. I definitely smell birch. It is very expensive smelling and very elegant perfume.

Lumiere

I have received my Cuir now. It arrived 4 days ago, all beautifully wrapped, as always with strawberrynet orders.

I have unpacked my body lotion first-it was Laura Biaggotti Rose this time. Stunning, very soft rose-will write review on corresponding page.

Then, to my long awaited Cuir. Unwrapped, this luxury white paper box appeared, so retro-bottle in the nest, and you need to take off the top part of the box. Oops, bottle jumped out of the nest, on the carpeted) floor, and yes i understand what you meant about the bottle top, its is beautiful retro shape, but it is only a cover. Anyway, nothing happened to the bottle. Box reminds me the perfume my mum had, Signature, made in Bulagaria, the same white box and nested perfume.

I sniffed the perfume with anticipation. Oooh, it was so strong, and was nothing like I already have. Maybe tiny recollection of Habanita came to my mind. And then I 'saw' leather. Wet leather, maybe even leather fresh from a horse saddle, after the run somewhere near the river, in the wet snow in early spring. I had this picture so strong in my mind. I walked around a bit. It was a very comforting feeling. All naturals smells, fresh air from outside, leather...After 1 hour i strated to sense transparent scent of birch, it was coming from somewhere almost higher up, like from the leaves and branches of the tree. Later, scent has settled to finally florals, gentle flowers, not too sharp, just distant but confident of themselves.

After 2 hours, I went to the shop for a quick over the counter purchase, and shop assitant suddenly sniffed the air. She said, Oh, what a beautiful smell, is it coconut? Who has coconut? I turned, the only other lady just left. I shyly said, Maybe it's my perfume? This scent? -and extended my wrist and moved closer-I had perfume on my hair as well. She said, YES, this OMG it's so beautiful.

I should wear this outside, and let you know how Cuir behaves in different tepratures. It windy colder weather perfume, IMHO, but who knows, it may reveal it's hidden side in the hot weather, too.

This is now one of my treasure perfumes, that I keep for more special moments.

geekgoddess
geekgoddess

Cuir de Lancome is the softest, most classy leather fragrance I've ever smelled. Not soft as in faint or close to the skin (this scent has good silliage), but soft as in gentle and caressing. So many leather fragrances are harsh and seem to have too many rough edges, but CdL never falls into that trap. This is like the butter-soft leather of a vintage designer handbag that has soaked up the smell of its owner's favorite vanilla-scented handcream over the years; not the leather of a beat up biker jacket smeared with engine grease.

glorious1

I am just now wearing this one. I am loving this! Very beautiful. Gives me energy and confidence. Love the leather and the combination.
I'll see how the longevity is but don't see how this will fail!

glorious1

I'll see how the longevity is but don't see how this will fail!

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

What a perfect fragrance! Its brilliance lies in the perfumer's miraculous ability to marry the discordant concepts of 20s leather fragrances and modern woody amber fragrances. The result is at once harmonious and novel. The opening is straight-up 20s leather a la Chanel's Cuir de Russie. It is very plush and luxurious in an extremely classic way. As the fragrance warms up, there is a bit of time traveling, and you can smell the transition from the dense smokey 20s leather to the modern Olivia Giacobetti-style light suede. Not continuing on a linear path, the fragrance dries down to a fantastic patcholi/amber/musk base that is chic and wearable, as one would expect from Ms. Becker.

I loved this so much that I went ahead and bought Lancome's entire La Collection line, discovering the even more lovely Sagamore. These fragrances are highly underrated and are disappearing fast - get them while you can.

distortech
distortech

Thus far, this is my favourite Lancôme fragrance EVER. Perfection in a bottle. Love it.

jadetrail51
jadetrail51

You can't judge a book by it's cover, or a scent by sniffing the bottle without applying. In fact I almost passed this over by doing that assuming it was too strong and discordant. Was I wrong, it's so well blended that this nose can't detect all the notes that are in it. It evolves into something so cozy and soft. A little like a pleasant memory of something long past. This will be one of my fall perfumes to wear for an elegant evening out with my husband. He hasn't smelled this on me, but I know he's going to love it. This one's luxurous, confident, and more than a little sexy.

CozyCat
CozyCat

I'm no fan of leather or suede notes, they always turn to sharp, synthetic plastic on me...but I LOVE this. I was surprised that I loved it as much as I did at first, but when I came on here and saw the notes...well, well, there is no leather or suede in this after all. It just smells suede-like, the combination of the woods, styrax and other notes give it that effect. It's subtly sweet and vanillic, especially when you get to the dry-down, but still with a deep and bitter woodsy-leathery feel that is just delicious. I personally find it cozy and very sensual, but in a very uppity, intellectual manner, I guess 'aristocratic' is the word. Like a lady with a loose French chignon, strands of hair falling around her bedroom eyes, pouty lips, wearing a chic suede camel coat, a sensuous, sultry woman in androgynous style because she has no time to waste on frills and thrills, she'd rather sit and contemplate the meaning of existence,while she enjoys a steaming cup of espresso and a cigarette at her favorite patisserie on a rainy autumn morning. Love it!

glitterlust
glitterlust

It opens with a most spectacular and severe leather slap. There's supple cirtus mixed with the blackest tar note (like CDG Tea or Bvlgari Black). It also has a distinct hawthorn note like that of Fahrenheit.

In half an hour most of this leather slap has disappeared and there's a sweet, sticky, doughy blend of ylang, saffron and styrax by the bucket (it reminds me vaguley of why I don't like Kenzo Amour le Parfum).

I don't find it at all similar to Cuir de Russie and the sillage is less impressive. It's brilliantly elegant and ravishing but just not what I was hoping for.

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

A rare gem. Multi-faceted and paradoxical. At once soft and rugged, displaying multiple aspects of leather. Accords of baby oil, elegant cedar, tart violet, richly appointed leather seating, and pleasantly chalky musks. Makes the nerve endings reach out in pleasure. Luxurious in the way that supple worn leather upholstery in an exotic antique car is luxurious, carrying olfactory memories of long-ago smoked cigarettes and gentle leather conditioners. Unisex because of its complexity - it has elements that are both masculine and feminine. Dries down to resemble a luxurious, well-rounded, and supple leathery balm. Compliments and lingering attention for this one. Men with confidence and good taste should wear this, as few leather offerings for men currently match the complexity and tenderness this evokes, not to mention the elevated curiosity and compliments from admirers who respond to this fragrance's call. Reminds me of a denser, more plush, more seductive, and more accessible rendition of the early Narciso Rodriguez For Him, at a time before they pared down all the chalky goodness to reveal more of the green violet handsomeness of NR For Him.

SilvanaMo
SilvanaMo

Recebi meu frasco de Cuir de Lancôme hoje.
Experimentei com pressa, espirrei no pulso, e quase me arrependi da compra, cheira remédio, muito amargo.
Depois de muito tempo, quase duas horas, começa ficar mais doce, menos agressivo.
Vou usar no inverno.

OVincze
OVincze

I find it really odd that leather is not listed among the notes, when, in fact this to me is one of the most leathery fumes. It is unusual, sophisticated and requiring an acquired taste, not offensive but different, no great sillage but it is more intimate but then I feel a leather fume should be that for it smells like your skin after bathing in the sun on a warm spring day surrounded with some trees on the beach and a few flowers lurking in the background, feminine, elegant, sunny, mysterious, a very nice, very well done fragrance, more spicey than sweet but not easy to categorize. Great for perfumistas who want to smell unlike the crowd but yet familiar and cozy and natural projecting a beautifully feminine skin scent.

calyx93
calyx93

This is the smell of shopping with my mother, when I was a child, in ladies' shoe stores and of the handbag, shoe and glove sections of her favorite department stores. As a young boy, I was of course lugged-around with her before starting school and during weekend trips.

Such a good memory - not sure if I can wear it easily, just yet - but I spray this on my arm and memories - GOOD memories - really come flooding back. As others have mentioned - it also smells a bit like the inside of her best handbags. Also there is her makeup, a tin of violet-scented pastilles (given to me periodically so I'd shut up and behave) and her beautiful calfskin wallet (where the "magic" plastic cards and checks were kept).

To me, it's a time traveling liquid - able to soothe me and make me feel small and safe again. I'll let it be my "blankie" tonight and soothe me through an emotionally-rough Valentine's day's eve. I love you mom :)

ashyashy
ashyashy

It is strong stuff. And it smells only alright after 10 mins, not a bad sense but I cant say people who smell it will like it immediately. You gotta let it grow on your skin and I think it is more for your personal devour than for gaining praises or comments from other people. I would spray it when I feel that day is my day and dun wanna care whatever others' think at work or on the streets.

garamascara
garamascara

Opens with the strong medicinal blast like a freshly opened box of band aids, not unlike Shalimar, which I love. Fades in to soft cloud of floral suede oriental. This is not a dirty old motorcycle jacket type of leather; this is the leather of luxurious cashmere-lined calfskin gloves. Very pleasant and easy to wear and I mean that in the best possible way, definitely not boring.

kris919

I also think that fans of Shalimar would like this alot, although this is more subtle

kris919

very close to the skin, doesn't project on me. It's been on me for a 2 hours now, and all I smell is citrus and a vanilla type smell - although vanilla is not listed in the notes. Not getting the leather or any woodiness, but rather a citrus-y furniture polish kind of scent w/ a warm, close to the skin vanilla (btw I hate vanilla). Wondering if this bottle has turned, or if it's my chemistry? Azuree was my first leather scent, and I will always compare every other leather to it. So Azuree wins for being bold, bright, dirty,and very leathery. Cuir de Lancome to me, is very quiet, innocent, and can't see over the steering wheel.

I.I
I.I

FANTASTIC!
It has a great longevity on me.
After a lot of hours I still smell it from time to time.
Spicy, woody and aristocratic. Sexy in a mature way, sophisticated,elegant and unique, aristocratic and noble! I like it very much!
I suspect that styrax is an element that I like very very much in perfumes (I have another perfume with styrax and I am able to distinguish it very clearly).

taboo2287
taboo2287

the first reaction after i sprayed it was: omg Shalimar (the original) and i am not a fan of shalimar, but then it started to cool down and after about 4 hours came the most beautiful dry down its woody misty and i detect amber as well even though it's not listed in the notes, if i wanna describe it i would definitely say: imagine someone wearing amber is having sex on vintage leather sofa and after they leave the ambery sweat dries off on the sofa and here you come to sniff the leather sofa... that's how Cuir de Lancome smells <3

id
id

Birch, patchouli, styrax creates nice dry soft suede scent on my skin.Very wearable powdery leather plus whiskey accord. And nothing about chypre floral. Reminds me of Armani prive cuir amethyste just not so sweet. Only medium sillage, stays close to the skin. Longevity is very good.

jtd
jtd

I find Cuir to be definitively leather, but so unlike most of the other leathers I know. There is not a trace of scratchiness that I usually associate with leather scents such as Bandit, Aramis or Rien. In fact it’s hard for me to consider Cuir and Rien in the same category. Cuir is a sweet, smoky floral leather (I get a lot of iris.) I can’t quite point to the source of the smoothness. Perhaps it is simply its well-considered moderation. Cuir has the nose feel of an emollient, viscous but not sticky. It makes me prick up my ears waiting for that roughness that the composition tells me is coming. But then, no, it’s more like a low-pitched vibration. The growl is implied, but what I hear is a purr, with all the sly contentment that a lounging cat suggests.

Overall, I find Cuir very sophisticated. I tend to love rough and angular fragrances. Cuir is certainly not one of them. That said, Cuir does make me sniff my own wrist more often than any other perfume I can think of. I suppose I’m always listening for the growl. If Cuir is a bit of a tease, I’ve fallen for him.

teaweed
teaweed

Fragrantica's note pyramid is incomplete. Cuir de Lancome has vanilla, a lot of vanilla, and maybe some tonka. I think it's miscategorized too. Chypre without oakmoss?! Neither is it particularly floral.

It opens with a weird discordance that probably involves the mandarin orange. When I tested by spraying directly on my skin, the noise lasted about half an hour. When I applied it by spritzing the air and walking into the mist, the discordant accord only lasted a moment. Then it segues into vanilla and a dry, fleshy wood (birch? styrax?) that is reminiscent of leather. From this point, the fragrance is happily linear. It's soft, warm, slightly sweet, woody, leathery, and quite lovely.

Sillage is good and the scent's lasting power is impressive. I'm talking days: one spritz on a wrist lasted all day, all night and through the next morning's shower (including a soapy scrub and vinegar rinse). Even after the shower it was still at about 75%. By the morning of day 3 it was a skin scent that finally came off in the shower.

jae
jae

You know, if I had tried this one before I tested Serge Lutens's Cuir Mauresque, I would have still ended up with the both of them. :-P

Ok, I stated the above to say that Cuir De Lancome reminds me of Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque in general. But this is a bit more powdery, less oily and more unisex, IMO.
Longevity seems to be on par with CM, the sillage seems to be closer to the skin than CM and seems to be more versatile than CM. I could pull this off in the early Spring. I can wear this one with brighter colors. It's the daylight Cuir Mauresque.

That makes Cuir De Lancome a winner in my book.

Update (10 OCT 2011): Serge Lutens' Cuir Mauresque still tops this one...

Galya
Galya

longevity is very impressionable,I detect a lot of woody+marmelade of apricot......

Kazorwaman
Kazorwaman

...very-very-very sophisticated scent!...Not for a all-day-round :)
...there is much of a woman in the aroma. I don`t smell leather,but smoke like in a good, old bottle of whisky :)
Take a deep breath in and you will feel warmth and sweetness of some flowers. It is a perfect scent for winter to get you warm :)

meg1969
meg1969

I get pure buttery, leather.. like I just stuck my nose inside a new pair of high-end, tall (past the elbow) gloves. The longer it stays on, the more it feels like a very sophisticated, wealthy woman who is always dressed impeccably and goes to the Plaza for tea would wear. She gets her hair and nails done regularly, and doesn't do her own laundry or clean her own house. I love it, but wouldn't wear it unless really dressed for it's formality. Bandit may be similarly leather-y but in a less formal way. Haven't tried Knize 10 yet to compare.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

At first it smells a little musty, a little citrusy and floral, and a little soapy. As the flowers die down, the smoky birch tar scent comes through, along with some other odd notes that I’m not so crazy about, sort of like an old pair of cloth and rubber gardening gloves that have never been washed. I think it must be an odd variation on isobutyl quinoline.

I was expecting something a lot stronger and more leather-like, so this must be an EdT concentration. Having said that, just when I thought it was about to disappear, it comes back in gentle, sweet floral currents, barely there, but distinct. It seems to take a half hour or so for the odd opening notes to settle down and the true character of the perfume to establish itself.

I wouldn’t characterize this as a leather scent so much as a soft, understated, suede-tinged, lightly vanilla-flavored floral. It’s one of those translucent fragrances that’s perfect as a no-brainer default scent to put on before going to work, a lovely, soft and fuzzy pastel sort of perfume that radiates an aura of simple, subtle, sweetness. I think it would even be safe to spray it. The bottom line is that this is a beautiful, low-profile perfume that I’d like to have in my workday rotation if I didn’t have too many already.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

I wasn't on the hunt for a new leather perfume as I found the one that hits the spot for me in Etienne Aigner Black. But when I was one of the winners of lovely janudy's giveaway, my curiosity got the better of me and I chose a sample of Cuir de Lancome based on its great reviews.

And a beautiful perfume this is indeed. At first on dry skin it's a rather bold leather accord. But as it warms, it softens and fuses with my skin--yes, sensual, leather 'skin' on skin.

The flowers give this a lot of dimension and heart; I think soft citrus plays so well with leather too.

The drydown is wonderful--complex, sultry yet distantly laid back. Orris and woods give this an aloof facade, yet the touch of vanilla-like styrax/benzoin make this so seductive. I embarassingly feel myself making Bette Davis eyes when I wear Cuir.

Personally I couldn't wear this everyday and Etienne Aigner seems to suit my personality better with it falling into the citrus aromatic category (yes, a citrus aromatic leather perfume!). But I do appreciate Lancome's masterful execution of this leather fragrance immensely.

carinas
carinas

Cuir de Lancome was a blind buy for me and a good one indeed.
I've been looking for an every day scent for autumn and winter for over a year now and based on the reviews, Cuir sounded like the one to try. I've never even considered wearing leather, but was too curious to resist buying it.
It's very wearable chypre leather, that has history and soul. It makes me feel sophisticated and chic, would wear it to boardroom or to a lounge at night. It's very versatile and definitely the best of Lancome.
Out of my humble collection of perfumes and all the samples I have, Cuir smells most like "me", I'm positive it's gonna be my "to go" fragrance. The lasting power is great, sillage is soft, it doesn't scream "here I am", it doesn't just sit on your skin, it becomes you. It's gorgeous. Totally worth checking out.

I like that it's not widely available and will leave some (jealous) people wondering what is that gorgeous smell... I'll never tell ;)

rheea oana
rheea oana

It is like they really went through all the old closets in the world and dug up old purses to captivate in a bottle that exact smell!
Smells just like my grandmother's suede purse.
Old school charm re-invented! It still maintains the retro vibe but adapted for now!
A creamy boozy spicy impression! It's like spiced bourbon!Very smooth and velvety -close to the skin but clothing it at the same time.
Quite alcoholic form the top to middle only to end up citrusy, but just a impression of citrus of no substance for its' starting the heat up - warming woods and creamy suede!

More suited for fall-winter season don't know why I can't see this on myself I thought it would smell like dry wood just with a hint of spice! It's more creamy liquor than anything I've ever smelled -it's not sweet but I get a nectar sweet note in the base along the overall scent!If this scent had a color it would be tan suede !

Awesomeness nailed it! A floral leather chypre...I had read much about Lancome's La Collection and have had my eye on Sagamore for quite sometime now. I was fortunate enough to be gifted a vial of this by MsMaryO (Thanks, My dear!!) and am totally in love with it...

This is almost like someone took all the notes and shuffled them like cards. Patchouli in the heart-not the base, saffron in the top (not the heart), and no moss and only light florals...but it works! This opens with the leathery note immediately apparent, but also the citruses and the saffron's warm floral spicy/pollen-like scent. The beauty in the heart of hawthorn, jasmine and ylang is just wonderful. Sultry, rich and slightly sweet when combined with the patchouli it has an earthy sexiness. Mmmm! The drydown is where I get the best reaction on my skin: styrax (and its mysterious aged scent), birch tar (smoky leather) and cold iris root makes for a dry very chypre-like finish without moss or too much powderiness. A very elegant scent for a woman; but I wear it myself, due to the stunning drydown rich in orris, styrax and birch tar-three of my favorite basenotes! This has a feel of aged and distressed leather, but is elegant and crisp at the same time. My admiration of Lancome in general has grown greatly. And, if this is how they define leather, I cannot wait to see how they define sycamore!!

Sillage: better close, but detectable
Longevity: good
Overall: 4/5

I am amzed more and more at how many "women's" scents smell better on men, and sometimes vice versa...I find this to be a great scent on my skin, and say damn the classifications! The more I sniff real quality scents, no matter what their "gender". This has a lot of flowers, sure, but is very nice on a man and also (I'd imagine) on a woman. Hey! Why not just let the wearer decide-people are gonna wear what they want anyway...

janudy
janudy

I know there's no leather listed, but something is giving me an impression of leather---buttery soft leather the color of this perfume. This perfume goes on smooth as silk. Whereas Bvlgari Black makes me feel like I should zip up my leather jacket and take my man's motorcycle for a joyride, this makes me feel like I should sit up straight with my ankles crossed, hair in a bun, but with my blouse unbuttoned a bit more than proper.

I think that this is slightly on the feminine side of unisex, but a man could definitely wear it.

CUIR DE LANCOME is a very styrax-rich quasi-leather fragrance with a strong, dark demeanor which really reminds me of a livery, although leather is not listed as a note.

This is a heavy composition best suited for winter, although the drydown is quite a bit milder than the heavyhanded rawhide opening, so it is possible to wear CUIR in warmer weather, if applied lightly.

I find CUIR to be rather masculine, but it mixes well with rose perfumes to create a more floral leather fragrance with a bit more feminine appeal.

levissima
levissima

na mne sploshnaya koja, zveti vilezaut v samom konze i ne samie priyatnie.... nichego zvetochno-shiprovogo net...

lizzykay
lizzykay

I have worn Cuir de Lancome on occasions in different seasons and it keeps changing. It is more of a cool weather perfume as it comes over a bit sweet and strong in the heat. I don't detect the citrus at all on me. The floral is background. It is a bit spicy or maybe smoky and the patchouli and other baser notes mature very nicely, yet never in a masculine way. A very classy perfume as one comes to expect from Lancome.

sfonativeboy
sfonativeboy

Cuir De Lancome is my latest purchase.
and from the moment I sprayed it ...
I really was taken by its... yes,
Woody, Smoky and Leathery fragrance ....

Its an "Everyday-Leather" scent and luckily for me not too feminine.
Although my fave still remains
Chanel- Cuir Russie as a definitive
"LEATHER SCENT"

they do share similar notes...

Chanel Cuir de Russie:
aldehydes, orange blossom, bergamot, mandarin, clary sage; iris, jasmine, rose, ylang-ylang, cedarwood, vetiver; styrax, leather, amber, vanilla.

Lancôme Cuir: bergamot, mandarin, saffron, Jasmine, ylang-ylang, hawthorn, patchouli, Iris, birch, orris root, styrax.

The difference I found is that there is a grassy green note as it settles on my skin
to CUIR DE LANCOME..
not sure what produces this ...
but it works for me ... in a strange way

A male friend said it smelled like
"Expensive Men's Shaving Soap"

I think its another great find!!!

tsth
tsth

I received my Cuir de Lancome today. OMG, I think it is THE MOST sophisticated fragrance I own. The image I get with this fragrance is metropolitan/svelte/assertively feminine. I love this one. Totally different than SR Woman...more refined and mature than the SR. I only own the one other leather scent, so that is why I am comparing the 2...

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

a very elegant and soft leather scent. The citrus and ? orris cut through it and make it ladylike rather than really sexy. It's a lovely wearable day-leather.
I must note that this perfume smells like Shalimar without the Vanilla, so Shalimar fans give this a sniff!

magie
magie

I did not like it on paper, too strong and rather masculine, but on my own wrist was another story. Warm and sexy, yet very elegant and subtle. The perfect scent for a cool night with someone special. A great feminine leather scent.

ktv0926
ktv0926

Cuir de Lancôme intoxicates me by its strong almost masculine leather scent. It fills me with comfort, confidence and feeling of security. It is perfectly suitable for men as well in my opinion.
This fragrance is a beautiful blend of masculine strength and feminine elegance.

P.S. it is strong and long lasting, shouldn't be oversprayed.

jeca
jeca

Cuir de Lancome is a great classic with retro chic, an excellent example of feminine leather fragrances. Everything is so well combined: flowers, woody, smoky, leathery tones.

Cuir de Lancome (La Collection Fragrances) by Lancome 4.22 out of 5 based on 382 ratings and 63 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lancome Cuir de Lancome (La Collection Fragrances) fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lancome Cuir de Lancome (La Collection Fragrances), you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cuir de Lancome (La Collection Fragrances) by Lancome. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cuir de Lancome (La Collection Fragrances) by Lancome represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.