Designers » L » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Hypnose Lancome for women
dislike

I have it: 1683 I had it: 1337 I want it: 962 My signature: 67

Hypnose Lancome for women Videos Hypnose Lancome for women Videos
Hypnose Lancome for women Pictures Hypnose Lancome for women Pictures Hypnose Lancome for women Pictures

Hypnose by Lancôme is sunny, woodsy, oriental fragrance with gourmand nuances. The fragrance features passion flower which creates both gentle and passionate feminine aura; a magical product of orchid – vanilla – which semlls a warm and creamy on skin; a vetiver surrounded with white flowers and jasmine Sambac gives sensual and deep sensation.

The beautiful bottle is designed in a form of woman’s silhouette, and the color of the perfume hypnotizes just like tender blue woman’s eyes.

See Hypnose video ad.

Hypnose was launched in 2005. Hypnose was created by Annick Menardo and Thierry Wasser.

Passion Flower

Hypnose Eau Legere
Play It Rock
Orchidea della Cina

Hypnose Fragrance Reviews

two big names and a mess. I find Hypnose very disturbing since it came out, because it smells of nothing really. It's just a big plasticky punch in your nose.
Not a stink, not a skank, not even weird/unusual/challenging.
The listed notes are beautiful but I cannot smell them in the perfume. Passion flower and gardenia? Where exactly in that mess?

My bf's had a friend who in spite of being a demure type (and a moralist in her case) insisted in wearing sickening extra-sweet fragrances, very clashing with her style, but that's not the point. The real problem was her insisting in layering Dove body cream (plastic smell) with Hypnose and tell others that it smelled clean and natural. The concept of "natural" is a very varied one. People should be taken to fields in order to know what smells "natural". And no, it's not clean.

I will give Hypnose another 2 years before smelling again. sometimes I change my mind, especially if in 2 years all the good stuff will be lost forever.

Ahlamsarah
Ahlamsarah

My sister gifted it to me when it was launched, i liked it a lot back then even though i don't like sweet perfumes and i got a lot of compliments, but now as everybody is using it, it feels nauseating to me, it lost its mojo !

ameliunim
ameliunim

Hypnose.. at the first sniff it killed me. Too much. I thought that every scent of the World is there. So I put the paper into a pocket and smell it after a few hours. It was much better, I could smell spicy vanilla but still - too intensive. The next day I tried it again, now the great point - it lasted and lasted with the same intensity, but it started to irritate me. I was mad at something and the reason was that perfum. When I smell it I have an impression that someone is trying to drill my nose with something sharp and then put vanilla into these holes. Too weird.

MyFaveIsGlobal
MyFaveIsGlobal

Tried this yesterday since one of my good perfume friends said it smells like vanilla ice cream on her and I'm all for that! So I went to the Lancôme counter and gave myself a spritz no vanilla ice cream at all... I got raspberries, sweet licorice and a powdery vanilla. It smelled really good, just not what I expected. This did last really long though (13 hours with a spray on my hand and several hand washings) and had great sillage. But some time later maybe 8 hours or so, the notes switched to a different development and I got more of the vanilla in an ice creamy state with a little of the licorice and topped with raspberries. Why am I getting so much raspberry! Maybe the Passion flower tricking my nose? Great fragrance though, but not what I expected. Maybe it was the tester bottle?

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

This is a lovely winter fragrance, cold, sweet & smooth.

I get a synthetic violet note that isn't listed, does anyone else?

Most of Lamcome's fragrances are too sweet & synthetic for my tastes, but i do like this.

arrokaj
arrokaj

i like it but it seems i was allergic to it cause every time i sprayed i would sneeze :) sweet although

EmiliavonRaupach
EmiliavonRaupach

It was presented to me.I could not wear it and I had to represent it. I really tied. Something is wrong with me -like i Can not also wear Laura biagotti Laura parfume. My system Can not stand it i feel sick.

vaniljapulla
vaniljapulla

As much as I'd like to love Hypnose, all I get in the end is a sickly sweet, milky vanilla á la Gloria Vanderbilt. Some may love it, but on my skin it smells like fermented breastmilk. :(

rhynel
rhynel

Mysterious, alluring vanilla. Kind of root beer-ish, but not in a middle school way. Love the gardenia opening. This is the most wearable vanilla I have found in a while.

Pinja

Octoberamy, synthetic is how I perceive and smell this. I do not know how much vetyver (or other ingredients) is in there. Could be 1 molecule per bottle and they could still legitimately state that there is vetyver in the perfume. Anyway Hypnôse smells very good just the way it is.

Pinja,
I don't understand your post about Hypnose being totally synthetic, since it is based on Vetiver which is naturally obtained ( a grass) and has no synthetic alternative. Do you mean that synthetic, or "fake" is how your nose perceives it? Or do you believe it to contain no actual naturally obtained ingredients?

Octoberamy

Wow this is on my "want" list. I just tried it at the Lancôme counter and have it on a paper sample. I love how gentle it is. Anything without Musk and Patchouli will get my attention, since I find those very sharp and pungent.

flowerpwrz91
flowerpwrz91

Pinja, Your review has made me want to give this perfume another chance!
Instead of fighting the 'synthetic' smell, I should just recognise it as a note in its own right and appreciate it - and not expect it to smell natural.
I also have (and love) Rush, which also smells completely synthetic, but in a good way - and has an exciting Electric smell, (if Electricity were a note)......
Not everything has to smell natural.

Pinja

A lovely thing about this more light and airy than heavy vanilla is that it does not reduce itself into a thin amber or amber-patchouli drydown.

Hypnôse is completely synthetic, there is nothing natural about it. It is good and unpretentious just the way it is.

I like synthetics as a category of their own. Fragrances which do not try to imitate nature or evoke memories or associations with plants, nature, materials, places etc. Synthetics are what they are, and especially lovely to wear during the chilly spring months. It feels like they shield the wearer from the weather, unlike for example chypres.

Hypnôse I have in the lovely group of favorite synthetics like Gucci Rush, S-Perfume S-ex, Mugler Cologne, Womanity, Eau des Merveilles, Eau Claire des Merveilles, Un Jardin Après La Mousson.

ellaquintero
ellaquintero

Amazing longevity, amazing scent. Truly hypnotizing. Sweet, lovely, even sensual, long lasting.
Funny story:
I wore it yesterday all day and at 4 am at a party a drunk guy told me: "It's incredible it is 4 am and you still smell so good... You smell like autumn flowers". It was so funny but still very nice and flattering to hear that :P

cyclone1391

My 2nd review of this but I think I can help some people enjoy this perfume more. It's all about how you apply it!

Yes. This is a very strong scent if you spray it on like a normal perfume. The licorice like scent (passion flower??) will drown ya and give you a migraine.

Sooo..... literally just do one spritz in the air and wave your arm through it and then repeat for the other arm. Then use one more spritz at chest height about a foot away from you and walk through it. THAT'S ALL THOUGH DON"T USE ANY MORE!!! After about ten minutes the licorice goes away and it's a very soft woody vanilla.

Hope this helps! :)

arlina1
arlina1

I am in love with this perfume...in the bottle. I wanted it but have learned to try a perfume on before buying it, not just based on bottle smell.

Unfortunately this took a wrong turn on my skin. I could only wear it if I wanted to keep bugs (and men) away. It is my chemistry because on others and in the bottle it smells great.

lirael00
lirael00

I don't like it, cause the vanilla in this one is just not working with my skin chemistry. It gets too sticky and sweet and nothing more. I envy those who can wear this and smell good.

MandiPants85
MandiPants85

I really like this scent, it's sweet for sure, and smells like some sort of licorice. it smells like something familiar and homey but I can't quite put my finger on it, much like allure. I would definately add to my collection. Lancome is too underrated.

HB-C
HB-C

I found this very disappointing, too sweet for me and didn't last very long at all.

Rielle
Rielle

For me Hypnose smells like a bouquet of powdered sugar coated lily of the walley. Not sure if sexy but still alluring.

kay0981
kay0981

Hypnose is a delicious, creamy vanilla with a twist. It was one of my first fragrance purchases ever, so I've had it in my collection for quite some time now. I don't wear it as often as I should, but whenever I do, it always feels really special. It's a beautiful, unique creation from Lancome, and I really love coming back to it, especially in winter, when I want something warm and comforting.

The composition of this woody oriental is relatively linear and simple, but incredibly effective. With rich, creamy vanilla as a key accord, supported by a delicious passion flower note, Hypnose is a truly unforgettable and addictive fragrance. It really keeps you coming back for more! The vanilla is done beautifully in this – dense, creamy and fresh, with a hint of soothing mintiness; it reminds me slightly of delicious vanilla ice cream...The passion flower, equally pronounced, is bright and exotic, and resembles a fruity aroma of fresh peaches. This well balanced duet is strengthened with warm, woodsy accords of vetiver in the drydown. This adds a little dryness and bitterness to the composition, and takes the edge off the sweeter notes.

This is a very bold and unique fragrance, and will catch everyone's attention when you wear it. Both sillage and longevity are fantastic - a couple of sprays is enough to fill the room. A wonderful choice if you enjoy sweet, and slightly heavier scents, but still want something with an edge, and not overly sugary. A definite must have for any vanilla lover. I only have a tiny bit left of my bottle, but I'll most likely repurchase because I just can't imagine not having this in my collection!
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Beef1
Beef1

My spouse gave this for me. I do not like this so much. It is too overpowering and just wont't fit for me.

musi1701
musi1701

Sehr guter Winterduft. Süss, pudrig, sehr langlebig. Mag ich!

Aurica
Aurica

This was a blind buy, a nice holiday gift-set with 50% discount, and I'm so happy I ordered it! It's so warm and sexy, delicious! I'm wondering why I never bothered to try this in store:) Already one of my favorites.

BenBnBe
BenBnBe

This perfume reminds me when we had at home icing sugar(powder sugar)and we put into vanilla,and a few days later smells beautiful,it was very creamy,sugary,vanille scent....and i love it!!
When i find this perfume reminds me this powder sugar with vanilla,i was so happpyyy,it`s super creamy scent,full of vanilla!Ooooh,i looove it,i looooooooooove it,on me smells beautiful,love it!!!!

ifeomajoy
ifeomajoy

This is a beautiful perfume that's constantly evolving on my skin; like an onion bulb, layer by layer a new alluring sweetness. Truly hypnotic!

I guess I like it, on others?!? On me, I am not so sure I can handle the vetiver..the vanilla smells pretty, it isnt foody, it is more like a rich dry vanilla...overall, on others I like smelling it, on me, I dont think I like it , too linear, a bit unisex, sweet but not overly, just not impressed with it.. And I am not fond of vetiver either..it gives a certain after shave/dryness edge to this scent..lots like it, I can see why, just not for me...

Toom_Snoopy
Toom_Snoopy

It's strange to me because I only get a little light vanilla. It's all about passion flower and vetiver. Remind me of the smell of shampoos.

katieathens
katieathens

I first smelled it on my sister...I hated it! It was unbearably sweet, at first it gave me a terrible migraine and then it made me nauseous! I couldn't even smell the vanilla which I normally adore. Something else overpowering was getting in the way! The men's version on the other hand... I ADORE!!!

LoveForYMCMB

(I am using my sister's account)
This smells like talcum. Plain baby talcum with abint of vanilla. I would describe it as powdery at least.

cyclone1391

A staple "class-act" perfume for me that I wear for interviews, presentations etc. Not the favorite of my close guy friend but he does enjoy it (he's quite the cologne connoisseur himself). He said it definitely smelled gourmand on me but a very light one. What he loves on me though is Night from Victoria's Secret.

Women on the other hand always compliment me on this scent. Just be wary of how much you originally apply because this lasts quite a while and can easily become sickeningly sweet if overused. Opens with a predominately sweet floral and settles to a sweet and soft vanilla after about an hour which will last over night on me. My guy friend said it smells a bit "cocoa-y" which I did not really detect but maybe it's his interpretation of the vetiver and vanilla together.

aysegulsec

Hello, this is my second review about this beauty; It's been a week I'm using it continiously and I think I'm in love with it. It is one of the deepest fragrances I've ever used despite the fact that it has just five, clear and simple notes. It transforms so beautifully in time that you really understand what they mean by top, middle and base notes.

Not just three steps; every layer has its own life and transformation and it really is a pleasure to smell something so floral becomes a creamy and sweet vanilla with a warm touch of vetiver.

It surely is a winter fragrance IMHO; I'm very fine with it during day in the office; sitting by window, drinking my cup of tea and feeling warm and happy.

It is a soothing fragrance; I think it's due to passion flower; it is the main ingredient of Pasifflora syrup, which is a herbal tranquilizer especially indicated in Premenstual syndrome and mild anxiety (passiflora is synonym for passion fruite).

Sorry for such a long reviev; to sum it up; Hypnose is feminine, warm, deep, sweet (but not overwhelming and sticky) and always transforming and evolving; you never get rid of smelling it. Nice Job Annick Menardo and Thierry Wasser ;)

LoveForYMCMB

This is one of the most soothing fragrances I own.

aysegulsec

I've been using it for two days now and we're getting to know each other.

I had first smelled it on my cousin and it was a delicious vanilla so I blind bought it, sprayed on my wrist and started to wait for that vanilla as if waiting for Godot but nope; vanilla did not turn up for a long time. I smelled all the floral notes but no vanilla at all. After a long time (2-3 hours) I managed to get a whiff of it. When I read the comments here, nearly everyone mentions a vanilla note, sticky, gourmand, bubblegum like; So I was thinking there is sth wrong with my nose. So yes, it is the base note and it really took a great deal of time to come and meet my nose as if coming from the "basement" LOL :D

Hypnose is not a shallow fragrance, that's for sure. She does not give you all of its secrets before she knows you well, today she tells me more about herself and I know it's not just an ordinary purple smell. Shy vanilla is more extrovert today; I'll be using hypnose for a few more days continiously, I'll spray it in the morning, during day, before I go to bed and write my ultimate review then; all I can say now is, I've met a beautiful, extraordinary, deep, distant but warm fragrance.

Quite delicious one. Vanilla makes it very very sweet and there is also something quite spicy about it. Very pleasant scent, suitable for Christmas.
Hypnotic it is.

Merriam
Merriam

This is my all-time favorite fragrance! Very elegant, lasts very long and the scent is just.... out of this world!

Deliciuos
Deliciuos

This scent is truly hypnotic, of all the scents, this one is very distinctive, I could recognize it anywhere. I was quite surprised by it's notes - I would never thought that it had so much vanilla in it, that's probably what drew me to it. It actually smells like very sweet lily of the valley, strangely it's not even in the notes.
As for the lasting power - amazing. Lasts the whole day, sometimes even lingers in my clothes for some time, it's a strong scent, I also think it's really suitable for the nighttime, since it's so powerful, but not too overwhelming, although it could give some people a headache. The composition, the lasting power - everything is just right, a really nice perfume, I adore it.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

I was sure there was geranium in this, but apparently not. Anyway, this smells A LOT like the bottle of "Pillow Mist" made by L'Occitane (with lavender, tea tree and geranium oils) that I often spray on my bed clothes to relax me before going to sleep.

Hypnose isn't exactly relaxing though; the heady sweetness of passionflower and vanilla has a penetrating focus that can cut through a room if used recklessly.

With careful application, however, it is quite alluring and very feminine. Just use with caution.

nazaksay
nazaksay

best perfume ever!

rafatramon
rafatramon

magnifique et différent! It reminds me of soft coconut biscuits. very sweet and sexy.

galaxy86
galaxy86

This is my signature night scent. I never get enough of it either. I only that I have learnt picking on is vetiver. I am still new of picking notes but vetiver is something I love and have learnt to pick in basenotes. After years of hunting I have found scent that describes me and not otherwise. I cant say more about notes except there is vanilla and jasmine in it.

CozyCat

Alluring, sweet, extremely feminine, like the syrupy, beckoning call of a beguiling enchantress. Creamy vanilla ice cream...a few drops of sunny passionfruit nectar...a cool, dewy breath of soft white flowers...a base of crisp woods. I love it!! It's one of the most charming, feminine scents I've ever come across. So versatile too. A day to night scent, good for fall, winter and spring. Great sillage and longevity.

Edited to add: I rarely smell this on other gals, but the few times I did over the past couple years, I felt that this perfume tends to make the wearer seem gentle, sweet, cheerful and very approachable...they were complete strangers and I did not talk to them nor did I take a good look at them, but that's the feeling they gave me purely from the way they smelled, and imo it's a very good thing :) If you work in sales or anything that requires dealing with people, you might want to try this.

Update:
sadly, I had to let this go, I'm finding it too sweet and headache inducing these days.

blueviolet
blueviolet

Aw my love affair with hypnose never ends...love vetyver and this is not a complicated fragrance. No elements that fight for domination or drown your senses. Just vanilla, passionflower and vetyver. Warm and sweet.

shrewd
shrewd

Bought a vial.
Got headache every time I sprayed it on.
Too strong and overpowering.
Not for me.

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

I received Hypnose for Christmas last year, I do like the scent but its not a scent I want to wear(everyone says they smell vanilla, to me its very root beer or sasparilla). Maybe I have weird associations because my father used root beer to dye counterfeit "aged" papers when I was small in our basement, haha.
I would like to swap with someone who would like this, its a large bottle only sprayed twice. I am open to either womens or mens fragrances, to swap with.

Maya Spell
Maya Spell

I think the Name and Color of this Perfume is exactly what it Is..
Strangely I smell more Jasmine and Gardenia..
It's Dark and Mysterious but not overwelming..

alicektn
alicektn

I like overspraying my self with this and then getting hypnotized from the woody vanillic scent. Vetiver is tempered here but still it gives balance to the creaminess of the vanilla and the passionflower. Without it, Hypnose would be cloying for my taste. The bottle is actually very pretty and the sprayer distributes the fragrance beautifully -- very ergonomic.

mohammad2010
mohammad2010

بوی بسیار عالی .با ماندگاری طولانی. مخصوص خانمهای جذاب و شیک .

rita.m
rita.m

I've tried it on my skin today
Beautiful fragrance--- creamy vanilla with jasmine
Very nice
very Wonderful
Very feminine
Very chic
very long lasting on the skin
Very good price--65 $ 75ml
Designed for distinctive, elegant and attractive women
فاتن--خلاب--ساحر --راقي--شيك

Scout
Scout

Smells amazing on my elderly mum. Stunning, actually. On her it's a classy creamy dreamy earthy sweet burst of brightness. On me it's sandblasting powder with a fake fruit scent. She got a great free gift! Try before you buy!

Miriama
Miriama

Someone below WhiteCity mentioned that it smells like Labello back in 80's white blue tube. I was thinking for years what Hypnose reminds me of, finally I know. Exact the same smell like this lip balm. Love it.

armacoonsum
armacoonsum

I love vanillas. I love dry, clean vanillas, spicy dirty vanillas... even buttercream straight-up-and-down gourmand vanillas. But, OILY vanilla? As in, Wesson corn oil with synthetic vanilla masking fragrance thrown in? I tried. In the enthusiastic, over-the-moon faces of my fellow fragrance counter ladies, I tried. And, well, no.

maraika
maraika

I'm surprised by the many negative reviews here, not because this scent is something sensational, but i can't imagine, it might be strongly disliked and offensive. But at the end of the day, each person has a different sense of smell. Actually i was avoiding to try this, as i had bad memories from a fake imitation, that my friend used to wear. There was something really artificial and irritating in that one, giving me a wrong impression about the original Hypnose. So, I tried a sample of the real deal today and my nose is glued to my wrist from the beginning to the lovely dry down. At first there is something fresh and a bit juicy to my nose, along with vanilla. I thought - some fruits maybe, but i saw no fruit in the pyramid, so might be the vetiver and the flowers. Then the scent remains quite linear with vanilla, but what a lovely vanilla that is - sweet in a cuddly way, not overpowering, not too much of anything. Just a pure vanilla ice cream, but not entirely a gourmand, edible one. I cannot feel the migraine potential, maybe because it's only a sample, not a sprayer, but i think if you put it with a light hand, it's a soft, feminine, cozy and very delicious aroma.

Oleanna
Oleanna

My immediate impression of Hypnose was a heavy vanilla cake with cardamom frosting, and sweet creamy vanilla icecream on the side. Not much else than vanilla going on for me, I´m afraid. Wearing Hypnose EdP also made me sneeze after a while and I got a bit of a headache. However, the dry down later brought out some tiny molecules of something else more interesting in the scent, not quite sure what yet... Hypnose reminds me of my favorite ice cream flavor, "leche merengada", that I tasted in Spain several years ago. Very sweet vanilla, with a hint of cinnamon and lemon rind.
Edit: Hypnose is a soft, sweet, good friend of mine now. No more headaches! On the contrary, I often wear it to bed. Also, I tend to detect more and more cardamom and less cinnamon in it. It is not among my favorites, but, it defnitively has a place on my perfume shelf! It is very reliable for being so soft and sweet - in a not too owerpowering way.

Nussichka
Nussichka

Headache in a bottle. This scent makes me feel so terrible. I have never tried it on myself cause I can't even stay near a person wearing it.

Honeybunny
Honeybunny

My interpretation of passionflower is like washing your hands with Dial Gold soap, taking a pepper shaker and pouring a bit of its black pepper contents into your hands, and gently wafting it up to your nose; the scent has the powderiness and earthy sharpness of black pepper combined with the creamy, petal-soft, tactile musk of a woman’s delicate skin. It does not smell like its namesake fruit, and is perhaps why people who may not be familiar with this flower are sensing anise or licorice as a note?

It also has a milky-chewy fruitiness that can only come from "real" vanilla plants, a vanilla without sugar, alcohol, concentration, or play-doh.

The vetiver keeps the peppery passionflower petals and the vanilla pods “alive” and still connected to their respective plants.

The jasmine is the gasoline-y kind, although very subtly so, adding its own addictive yet discreet indole (rather than the overly-sweet, suffocating, humid greenhouse kind found in Bvlgari Jasmine Noir). I think both LH and BJN use jasmin sambac, but I feel the jasmine in Lancôme Hypnôse is drier, sun-warmed, and less sweet. The gardenia does not stand out on its own, but blends into the background.

However simple, this charming perfume is greater than the sum of its parts and is distinct enough to bring back a memory:

A child 3-5 years of age playing outside, the sunshine warming their baby shampoo-smelling hair, giggling that high-pitched shriek of pleasure as they dip their wand in and out of a colorful plastic bottle, lifting it up to their lips, getting bubble soap in their mouth, face, and dripping down their elbows, of course, and with a look of utmost concentration blowing those magical, opalescent rainbow bubbles all around them, the grassy summer wind happily gusting to join in on the fun.

If any of you lovely Fragranticans can remember that far back to your own childhood of blowing bubbles in the summer sunshine, does it smell similar to you?

Miiaa
Miiaa

very nice perfume but sweet and overpowering at the same time, careful when spraying it can give headache

karulka12
karulka12

For me smells a bit like bubble gum, but there is something magical and mysterious about this scent. I found it soo seducive and sexy. Love it!

zara0203

Sorry to say I was hugely disappointed. It smells like plastic on me, sort of artificial scent. It doesn't work on me, not smell like me. The whole bottle has been used a couple of times. Shame!

aristouka
aristouka

love at first sight ! buy it!!!

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

Typically I like vanilla scents. This one has a bit of a plasticky note to it. I see that other reviewers have compared it to bubble gum, and while that's not a perfect comparison, there's definitely a bubble-gum note *in* Hypnose. It's nothing special. It smells just slightly "off" from what it could be, as if there were some glaring error in its composition that no one quite knew how to fix.

kanpit
kanpit

I can't find a category for this scent. not floral, not musky,not fruity... but i love its warm and sweet smelling.

soonflower
soonflower

Years back I totally hated Hypnose, couldn't stand that 'bubblegum note'.
Hypnose made me sick.

Nowdays I'm hypnosed by this lovely aroma.

It's so creamy and cozy that I'm melting when I get a whiff of it.
I want to smell it all the time.

Mouth-watering vanilla with woody undertones in the base is just delicious.
Hypnose is ultra feminine and alluring.

po
po

I feel like Hypnose is ''The Perfume That Hasn't Decided''.
It's vanilla based but not gourmand, has Jasmine but it's not floral, the passionfruit doesn't come off that fruity and the vetiver doesn't really make it fresh either. The overall mixture is plain old fruity bubblegum on my skin. That's for the EDT.
It might appear confusing to me but it's still a mix of easily liked notes that can function as a versatile perfume for others. It sure is a crowd pleaser and I know I would have loved it as a teen. It's just so strange that two genius perfumers like Annick Menardo and Thierry Wasser created a fragrance that's ''a little bit of everything and nothing at all at the same time'

windhill
windhill

Mild, cold and crisp vanillic sweet. I really love it, but my girlfriend hate it. She said it does smell like wet grass and ice cream in an unpleasant way.

the_blue_cat
the_blue_cat

This is my absolute favourite perfume! I've loved it for 7 or 8 years now! I remember falling in love with this scent the minute I've tried it.
For me, the name "Hypnose" suits this aroma perfectly. It's almost magical, it makes me feel powerful and seductive, almost like a goddess with enchanting powers of hypnose. I feel I can do anything and enslave everyone when using this.

The perfume is simple, but yet complex. I tend to love fragrances that are not too "cluttered", more simple and linear. And Hypnose is my one true love. Just 5 different notes compose this olfactory spell.
I love passion flower in just about any scent. And the vanilla and vetiver mixed in make it trully delightful, like a sweet dream and a promise. A true masterpiece in my oppinion!

Tsukinohime

I done a review of this before, but can't help doing so again! If a fragrance can be described as an introvert, Hypnose is surely one of it! It is cool and distant the first time you smell it, but progressively became warmer as you get to know it better. It's definitely something that improves over constant and upclose and personal interaction. Hypnose is the very first fragrance that I purchase more than once, so in a sense my first signature scent. I may stray away time and again, but in the end I always turn back to Hypnose. Wearing this again today after a long time. The vanilla scent laced with a distinct coolness reminds of me of the good times when I first wore this. Other things may come and go, but Hypnose will always be part of my perfume wardrobe...

MLK
MLK

This makes me feel ill and gives me a migrane - I sprayed it on in the store and I had a headache for the rest of the day. I will never wear it again and so glad that I only tried it once.
This one is definately try before you buy - wear it for a while and if you really love it, then go out and get a bottle. Otherwise, save your money for a decent fragrance.

Nadia Beatriz

Today i got my 2nd bottle on the mail today.. i wasn't thinking about getting another bottle of this beauty,because i got sick last time i had it,but i smelled this in a person lately and it really made me get another one,this is a treasure,and not simmilar with anything i know.. the stronger note is the pasion fruit flower i guess.. it's divine,sweet and warm.. Oh god,i really missed it!! Happy to have it again after about 7 years :-) well done lancome,once again :-)

ecerusen
ecerusen

migraine triggering perfume. thats all

musha92

to @katmo Eau Fraiche (Usually 3% or less perfume oil)
Eau de cologne - EDC (2 - 5% perfume oil)
Eau de toilette - EDT (4 - 10% perfume oil)
Eau de parfum - EDP (8 - 15% perfume oil)
Soie de Parfum (15 - 18% perfume oil)

musha92

all my friends don't like the smell of this perfume.. but i love it .. i find it really relaxing for me.. :)

janainavieira
janainavieira

wonderful and long lasting fragrance. People said I was an walking white chocolate bar.

Arinetrix
Arinetrix

Wonderful Perfume, specially for evening or winter. And for woman who love something heavier, also for day. Love it :* it´s one of the best perfumes I ever had..highly reccomend

nora elia
nora elia

I love it! The first time that I tried it was too strong for my taste, but the second time It was relaxing, comforting, cozy just what I needed for rainy days

rosagarcia163
rosagarcia163

Smells good but not hypnotic at all very blan in my view

Hypnose didn't vow me, although it smells pleasant, straight vanilla scent, a bit boozy,a bit dry also, yet pretty quiet, I just didnt take to it.
I think though it is a comfy scent to wear in winter, I gave my bottle to my mother in law, and it smells special on her, interesting scent, just not for me .

CoolBreezes
CoolBreezes

The passionflower in this adds a wonderful dimension to the gardenia and jasmine in Hypnose. Passionflower itself is a lovely, fresh floral to my nose, and here it keeps that backbone with the vetiver. All nestled in a soft bed of vanilla. Really lovely, longlasting, and beautiful for summer.

Caist
Caist

An applause for how well this one stands it's ground in uniqueness without being too wild. Worked for Lancome and was never able to recognize it on someone, but it was always a good compliment from me. Fresh and sweet, but smooth and feminine. Please stay awhile Hypnose, you enigma, you!

FranFran
FranFran

This is wonderful! I was a tad bit disappointed when I first tried this because I was expecting a creamy vanilla and all I got was passion flower with only aa slight bit of vanilla under. Used it again about two days ago on my jacket and every time I put it on I still get whiffs of it. At first its passion flower, jasmine and a bit of vanilla but after wards the vanilla sticks out more, the jasmine disappears and you're left with passion fruit ice cream. I'm not like people who refers to a scent as candy smelling if it has a lot of vanilla but this one smells like jellytots to me thanks to the passion fruit flavour mixed in I have no idea why. Oh and by the way, this is SUCH a man magnet its no wonder so many people associate this with bad memories, its probably because it reminds them of an ex who loved this haha. I love this so much because the first time I tested out purr by Katy Perry it smelt like this to me I have no idea why, so intelligent me went ahead and bought purr which was pleasant, but no where near as creamy as this. Love love! 10/10

SzekelyEmoke
SzekelyEmoke

I hated this perfume. Was a blind buy. Thank God I could sell it! :)

Vivette
Vivette

I'm very fond of vanila scents. They do cheer me up when I'm feeling low. This one is no exception and, believe it or not, my first Lancome. I like it because it's comfy and easy to wear, and though sweet it's not cloying on my skin.And the bottle's gorgeous too.

mrjohn12
mrjohn12

You know, I remember absolutely loving this perfume, but I associate it with some pretty bad memories now. I wore it a lot because this guy liked it and it just reminds me of this nightmare 4 months I went through with him. I was so lost at that point... So, good fragrance, just not for me anymore.

fleur.du.coeur.
fleur.du.coeur.

For me it smells like candies...:)

liiva
liiva

Vanilla, vanilla,vanilla, sweet, sweet and one more time sweet. Nice and nothing more. This is for vanilla lovers. Yes, I agree, easy-wear.
I like, but longevity not so good how I was expecting.
And this smelling really like cough medicine in first minutes. :)

alumiini
alumiini

Something bothers me in every single Lancomes perfume. I can't even tell what it is. And i wanted so badly love this one. But... no. Does not impress me.

Nice? Sure. And that's it. Same old song with every Lancome. Nice and easy-wear. Ok.

I want much more persona and edge from my perfume. Lancomes are like the biggest compromises of the world of perfumes to me. So not my cup of tea.

alysofy
alysofy

I love the bottle,not the smell.This smell too artificial for me,too much chemical.But have to say this is something unusual.So if somebody wants I can swap or sell.Please write an email.Thanks.

Alex Souza
Alex Souza

Cheirinho muito gostoso de baunilha,delícia de fragrância!

selinu

Oh lala i found the problem. I've always thought this is a fresh scent. However the notes appears in cold weathers. Oohh I'm so blessed right now with my dear hypnose ❤

selinu

Oh my dear hypnose... I absolutely adore this scent BUT it doesn't last at all on me. And silage is really poor . I actually can cry right now. It doesn't last on my clothes either. Every comment says it has long lasting power and it is overwhelming. I think the bottle I have is oxidized or something. Definitely will repurchase it and try my chance again. Cuz the scent is sooooooo heavenly. And my boyfriend DOES LOVE this.

kikiena01
kikiena01

Yes, it smells very much like Eternal Magic by Avon, which I REALLY HATE.. But Hypnose has way more vanilla sweetness and is not as powdery and soapy as Eternal Magic. I love it, it's very likeable, but I still don't know if I'm gonna buy the big bottle - because of the similarity between these two fragrances. Guess I can't go over it. At least I have a sample :)

GREETINGS FROM THE CZECH REPUBLIC! :)

selinu

Indeed masterpiece and all of my friends(boys) going crazy for this scent. It can give a headache if it is over applied. Great femine beatiful just looove it

fara.idola
fara.idola

I love this perfumes. Long lasting for me.. I'm confident while i using it!

thatsperf
thatsperf

The scent of vanilla cake in a futuristic crystal bottle. This scent holds a significant happy memory in my life at the time of sadness and huge change. With the vanilla I can smell the passionflower note so in every spray I am transported to an exotic island holiday.

At first I smell vanilla and some sort of warm spicy/balmy accord. Eventually it dries down to a very strong, linear passion flower scent that reminds me of bananas.

Kimmy89
Kimmy89

I'm sad to say that this wasn't for me. I didn't like the passionflower x Id say this is definitely for people in their 30s-40s

Revontuli

I tried to like this perfume, but no, it'll never happen. It never felt any special to me, it's boring... It is spicy-warm but I also sense a strange sour smell in it.

Besmertni
Besmertni

Lancome hypnosis is an exceptional perfume!

MissEmm13
MissEmm13

This is nice, but a little boring. I only smell vanilla unfortunately. It's not a strong or warm vanilla though. Not sugary either. It has great lasting power, I must say. If you like unique, cool vanilla scents, this is for you.

flalala
flalala

I'll never forget my first time wearing this one: I got into a car, there were three people inside. First thing I heard: "god, you smell incredibly good". They didn't even say "hi".

freddinos
freddinos

This is one of my favorite perfumes, but not when sprayed on myself. I love the vanilla and passion flower, but I'm not so fond of the vetiver and wood. Recently purchased a full bottle and even though I love the idea of wearing it, it gives me a headache. If they ever make a version without the wood and less vetiver- perhaps a summer edition- I'll be all over it:) Just to mention that I'm not a woodsy notes enthusiast, so if you are maybe this will be truly heavenly for you:)

MaddieClfd

Well, I disagree with a comment below, you don't have to overapply perfume to dislike it. Ability to wear a perfume has very little to do with it too. Sometimes even the tiniest amounts can disagree with somebody.
I guess it is important to wear whatever we enjoy wearing, and accept the fact that somebody else may truly dislike it.
Even though I'm not a fan I never made a negative comment about it to a person who wears it.

It is heaven!!!

MaddieClfd

I don't like Hypnose, I really don't. It is sweet but flower notes make me nauseous. I don't even like smelling it on others.
Sometimes my attitude toward fragrances changes, it hasn't towards this one and it's been years since I had my bottle.
I tried, tried and gave up. Obviously - not my kind of thing.

veeseye
veeseye

I don't know what happened. I absolutely adored this for months before I purchased. My skin emphasizes most of the stronger top notes in perfumes and tends to give a sweeter twist to everything, but not this!

It was just the right level of vanilla and spice. Very oriental, perfect for winter. (I noticed it definitely does not do as well in hotter weather).

Now I can't stand it for some reason. Way too strong on my skin chemistry.

I have a full 50mL bottle for sale if interested :(

cpmm
cpmm

Just hated it. Got it as a present, ested it and gave me an instant headache! I have a full bottle hanging in my closet, i'll be getting rid of it soon. Too sweet, too flowery. Just not my kind of scent. :(

skiwi23
skiwi23

I find this perfume very irrisistable!! Itz very warm and cozy. Itz just the right amount of creamy vanilla. I'm on my 2nd bottle and I absolutely adore it :D

butterflywarrior
butterflywarrior

This perfume reminds me of being in or near a tropical jungle or on a tropical island with it's exotic scent. It reminds me of the island of Mauritius where the ocean breeze carries an aroma of tropical flowers, vanilla and earth. When I smell this scent, I imagine a turquoise blue lagoon, the sound of the waves caressing the white sand beaches and the scent of the sea and earth mingling with tropical flowers and vanilla orchids. A scent of paradise to cherish. Relaxing, romantic and soothing idyllic tranquility.

When I first tried Hypnose, I tried it on a piece of fabric and then sprayed it on my arm and went for a long walk. What an impression it left... a lingering trail of something tropical, warm, cool... such a unique twist. It sat softly on my skin, yet somehow kept offering a lingering trail to my nose.

The fabric I tried it on didn't do any justice to the scent, and I highly recommend to try this on your skin. It blended perfectly with my skin, leaving a natural scent with a unique twist, yet on the fabric the scent smelled synthetic.

On my skin I can identify all the listed notes, but most certainly the strongest scents here are passionflower, vanilla and vetiver in that order. The scent overall reminds me of being in a tropical forest or on a tropical island. This makes sense since passionflower, vanilla and vetiver are all from the tropics. It delivers a passionate and soothing trail of scent that is indeed hypnotising and sensual.

I would not say this is sweet enough to be considered gourmand and I do not sense any edible character to this. On the Lancome site this is classified as a woody oriental and not a vanilla oriental. This is more woody oriental on my skin, although the vanilla is certainly there, but yet only to balance the fragrance, not to take it over. The passionflower is at center stage with both woods and vanilla to deliver a striking balance. The passionfruit flower is a somewhat rare note in the perfume world and this is what makes this perfume stand out. This tropical flower is both warm and cool at the same time offering a very unique twist. The sweetness that the vanilla contributes is balanced by the earthy woody note of vetiver.

The bottle is gorgeous, and the twist reminds me of the unique twist that the purple passionflower offers the fragrance. However, the add campaign unfortunately doesn't do this scent any justice in describing what it's about. It's not that the add campaign is bad, it just doesn't have the depth to capture the beauty of this fragrance. The campaign could have used the beautiful passionflower to demonstrate how natural beauty can hypnotise us in wonderment. This scent is hypnotic in a more beautiful natural sensual way, exuding passion... like running through a tropical forest or walking on an island and leaving a trail of lingering scent. A woman who is so free in her carefree love of life that her natural beauty is hypnotic... people wonder what it is that she has, what scent it is that she wears, and they want to find her passion for life...

Overall this scent is a unique, well composed blend of stunning notes delivering a passionate, inviting, soothing and sensual character. Although I only discovered this magnificent fragrance 8 years after it was created, I feel so lucky to have found the final missing piece to my perfume wardrobe. Well done Lancome, Thierry Wasser and Annick Menardo. I love it and hope Lancome keeps producing this one!!

Museumgal
Museumgal

There is a burst of tropical sweetness from the passionflower, and then it settles down to a slightly sweet, warm vanilla. It is not overwhelmingly sweet or gourmand like some vanillas, but still warm and comforting. The passionflower is a different enough note that it takes on a more sensual quality, making it good for evening wear. The wood is grounding. The other florals blend in with the vanilla so it is harder to smell them separately. Not overwhelmingly or cloying sweet.

whiteshoulders
whiteshoulders

Here is Hypnose to me. I am sitting looking out my window, and it is snowing big, soft, fluffy flakes of snow, and the sun is shining, and the trees, both pine and other, are filling up with snow. Now and then a wind blows, and a big tumble of snowflakes blows down and around; it is magical. Just gorgeous. I am eating toast with butter and honey, and drinking coffee. As I sit here I can smell my Hypnose, the icy coolness warmed up by the richness of the vanilla, and the sweet, delicious passionflower, and my heart is filled with joy.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

Smelled like grown up powdery vanilla...not bad. I was expecting this to smell worse than it did so I'm happy. Plus the bottle is cool looking.

Save M
Save M

I love it! I've been wearing it for seven years and it is still one of my favourites! So warm and cold at the same time, sensual and deep. just perfect!

nicolevivi
nicolevivi

vanilla ice cream no?

HLVTCA09
HLVTCA09

i like this scent but i think the passion flower is prominent over the vanilla... i find it a little too sweet and sugary (powdery-sugar). Maybe i will use it someday ..

aqua76239
aqua76239

a friend gave a sample of this recently so I am glad I was able to try it. Its woodsy vanilla with hint of fruit, very pleasant and uncomplicated. It has good projection but I don't find that it lasts a long time on me, maybe couple of hours. I do like this a lot and wish that I would have discovered it before the wave of woodsy gormands that everyone has in their line right now because I have several scents already that are simular.
I would definately wear it if I got it as a gift or found it super cheap. Its a lovely scent that is suitable for all ages

Sheiloka
Sheiloka

Hate it!

Ouch!
Ouch!

I'm a huge fan of this perfume. It brings forth nostalgia everytime I smell it. I've still never been able to pinpoint what it is from my childhood that smelled like this but I know it's not passionflower.

From a very simple composition comes a beautiful vanilla and passionflower mix. Passionflower smells like candy/bubblegum to me. The vanilla in this is not very cloying or overly thick to my nose, this perfume manages to keep a delicate and young feeling.

The fact that there is vetiver in the base is strange becasue I can't smell it at all. This stays nice and light and is so so so yummy to me. I'm glad I have this!

It's not overly complicated and would be a safe bet.

ninius
ninius

Hypnose (eau de parfum) starts very strong and can be overpowering at first sniff. But when it calms it smells like heaven. Sweet flowery vanilla heaven. A scent like no other.

The fragrance needs to be used carefully. If you apply a bit too much it turns into a sickly nose harasser (have happened to me accidentally couple of times). It refuses to leave your skin and really stays noticeable for over 12 hours. I've sprayed it at 7 am and can still smell it at 9 pm. Simply amazing.

This was my first perfume ever and I've used so many bottles over years I can't even remember how many there have been. It's no doubt my signature fragrance and an all-time favorite.

Par
Par

If u are looking for a wonderful perfume which is not too strong and makes u want to puke, then hypnose is the perfect perfume for u. I wear it when i go to work and always get compliments from colleagues. I want to try new perfumes but will always keep my hypnose perfume to wear on special occasions. I definitely recommend it.

icingsugar
icingsugar

This reminds me of a pine forest, very woodsy and conjures cold imagery. But really lovely. Its weird but when I was younger and I'd smell this in department stores I always thought this smelled like the colour purple. Really lovely, not too soft but not harsh either. Have owned both the EDP and EDT and the lasting power is average in both no real difference except price and the colour of the bottle is very slightly different.

lgdncr
lgdncr

This smells awful on me. Maybe it would have developed into something better if I could have stood to wear it any longer than 5 minutes. On me it smelled like antiseptic, masculine soap.

Beach Girl
Beach Girl

The scents I am mostly picking up are the passion flower and some vetiver. I own some property out by a lake and there are passion flower vines growing on it. They smell fantastic, and I have always wondered if the scent was used in perfumes. So I was surprised and excited to find that this perfume, indeed had passion flower in it. Yes, there is vanilla in this but it's not a warm vanilla to me but kind of cool and icy with perhaps a little mint. I don't find the vanilla all that strong. Perhaps it's just me. With the first spray, I thought that this was too subtle. Boy was I wrong! In about 5 seconds the power of the fragrance shot out from me into the room. It's strong and has lasted now for several hours. It's fabulous!

Kain
Kain

A very sensual and pleasant fragrance for an attractive woman!
It's a vanilla dominated fragrance, so if you don't like vanilla, stay away!
The vanilla in this fragrance is really pleasant and quality. it doesn't smell synthetic and cheap like some fragrances.
The opening of this fragrance is semi sweet and creamy vanilla scent mixed with very bright and light floral notes.
It's sweet but not too sweet and cloying! it's very smooth, creamy and sensual. very yummy scent!
In the dry down the smell didn't change that much, except very light vetiver note came in and gave the scent a little more character.
The smell has very light soapy vibe too, but it's weak and it's not a soapy fragrance.
The vanilla is the main note of this fragrance and everything is in the background.
Both projection and longevity is very good, but because of simple and linear vanilla scent you may get bored!
A quality feminine fragrance for vanilla lovers.
يه عطر بسيار خوشبو و تحريك كننده بر پايه رايحه وانيل كه به نظر من جذابيت هاي يه خانم زيبا رو ميتونه دو چندان كنه
اگه از بوي وانيل خوشتون نمياد سمتش نرين چون شما از اول تا آخر بوي وانيلُ تو اين عطر حس خواهين كرد
رايحه اوليه اين عطر بوي نسبتا شيرين و خامه اي مانند وانيل هست كه مقدار كمي از رايحه گلها با حس سفيد اونو همراهي ميكنن
رايحه گلها خيلي ملايمه و اصلا توي ذوق نميزنه
كيفيت رايحه وانيل تو اين عطر بسيار بالاست و بوي بسيار مطلوب و تحريك كننده اي داره
خانوما وقتي اين عطرُ ميزنن حواسشون باشه سمت آقايوني كه از بوي وانيلي و نسبتا شيرين خوششون مياد نرن چون احتمال خورده شدنشون زياده! :دي
در ادامه بوي عطر تغيير چنداني نميكنه چون در كل عطر بوي خطي داره. فقط مقدار خيلي كمي وتيور به رايحه وانيل و گلها اضافه ميشه كه كمي بوشو متنوع تر كنه
در كل عطر به بوي خيلي خيلي ملايم و صابوني مانندي هم داره اما اين عطر يه عطر صابوني نيست
پخش بو و ماندگاريش بالاست اما نه جوري كه آدمو خفه كنه
خانومايي كه از بوي وانيل خوششون مياد و ميخوان جذابيت بالاتري داشته باشن حتما اين عطرُ تست كنن
چون بوش خطيه و از اول تا آخر بوي وانيل ميده ممكنه براي بعضي ها خسته كننده بشه كه البته بستگي داره به ميزان علاقه شما به بوي وانيل

sZIG

Despite many people saying this has strong staying power, i disagree! I am wearing this perfume right now and i have only been wearing it for a couple of hours yet i cannot smell this on me, only when i put my wist right up to my face, and even it is quite weak then! perhaps this is because i got it in a travel pack and the bottle wasnt even filled up all the way so i felt i had to be sparing with it...but still...

Anway, onto the actual fragrance!

It smells AMAAZZING! It is very unique! I would call it an oriental scent, although i usually picture oriental perfumes as a warm scent, whereas this is cooler. vanilla is probably the most prominent note in this, but not in an overpowering way! I would definitely rcommend this fragrance for people who are sensitive to strong smells, becausese it is a fragrance suitable for winter without being too heady. I feelas though you can guess the scent from looking at the bottle: sexy, sleek, tranquil

sZIG

Anway, onto the actual fragrance!

Snowfairy
Snowfairy

If this had no vetiver, which smells masculine it would be perfect.Lasts long and is sweet and sexy.Why oh why do they put vetiver into women perfumes I'll never know.

cecfor
cecfor

Very scrubbed clean and synthetic. I don't smell much vanilla here. Something else is dominating this one. I know now what it is. My father has a passionfruit-flower in his window. In the evening it starts to evapourate its smell and it smells exactly like this perfume. So that's where that synthetic vibe comes from I guess. I thought it was a laboratory creation. Because that's how it smells to me: artificial.

kasreen
kasreen

LOVE this perfume. It is so great for work and at the end of the day you can usually still smell a trace of it. This is one I always come back to and buy again and again.

ruski-lady
ruski-lady

I love this perfume. Personally I find that it is a unique blend of vanilla and white flowers. If you were to compare it to Hypnotic Poison which is a very warm vanilla, Hypnose would be its polar opposite sister - much colder despite it also being vanilla. The colour of the juice reflects its character quite well.

I like to wear this during the day in winter when I'm with my boyfriend. The vanilla makes it cozy and enticing while the white flowers help to bring it into daytime terrority. I find that it is just the right mix of cozy, sexy and fresh for those times when you're spending a lazy day with your man.

BeautifulDynamite
BeautifulDynamite

Oh this perfume..

I'm really into vanilla like scents and this one is beautifully done. For me, this is the first cousin of D&G's The One or Dior Addict.

Def purchasing next time I'm at the perfumery.

Liquefaction
Liquefaction

There is something that reminds me of licorice which I do not like. But it's not enough to stop me from loving it. Lots of compliments while wearing this one.

CaledonianChic77
CaledonianChic77

This is a warm, yummy & mature fragrance by Lancome, nice & sweet with the coconut, frangipani & peach then settles into a musky vanilla woody base. I find it plays with your senses in a teasing sort of a way, sort of get's you hooked & also bewitching. Its slightly powdery & i could say refreshing then Hypnose ends up soft, alluring & very seductive. On my skin the sillage is very good around 6-8 hours the vetiver is very feminine and it brings me in mind of another favourite vanilla scent of mine Coty Vanilla Fields.

blondeambitioned
blondeambitioned

I love anything vanilla, and I thought about blind buying this one based on the rave reviews. I'm glad I didn't. Today I was able to test it at Ulta and sadly, this just didn't work with my chemistry. I would have never guessed from the notes that it would smell fruity on me. Upon first spray, it had a lot of spiciness and then dried down to vanilla mixed with a very sweet rotten/overripe tropical fruit, which must be the passionflower. I agree with another reviewer that it smells like a creamy tropical drink. It is a nice fragrance for others, but I can't tolerate any kind of sweet fruity fragrance. I'll pass on this one.

annettepe
annettepe

i really like this perfume, definitely on my wish list. i always spray it when i see it, and the smell lingers for a hours and hours. in the reviews people only mention that it smells like an expensive vanilla, which is one of the main notes but i also smell something else thats very sugary and sweet, a bit candylike, but i dont know which note brings this. its not a cheap sweet perfume, definitely very sophisticated and classy. definitely a recommendation

pattyk
pattyk

I bought this perfume many years ago and still use it on occasion. It is a great smell with vanilla, which I love. It is very strong so easy on the spray. I find it to be very feminine and alluring. You definitely leave your scent behind when you wear this one and it does last a long time. Very much worth the purchase.

iowagirl301
iowagirl301

This is absolutely without a doubt my Holy Grail perfume. I hope they never discontinue this.

aqualysa
aqualysa

I had this perfume in miniature, first. And I fell in love. I decide to buy the full size, and it was right decision. This perfume is smell soooooooo nice. I'm vanilla scent lover, and this perfume smells like vanilla but not in overwhelming way...not a cheap vanilla. But the elegant one.

perfumebox

Sensual and sunny at the same time, Hypnose smells like boozy candied flowers to me.
This isn't a typical vanilla-dominated scent because the distinctive passionflower runs the show mostly (hence my likening it to candied flowers). The booziness comes from the dark and aromatic vetiver. It's fairly linear and not the most complex scent so it won't get raves from fragrance snobs. Also, if you were expecting a typical floral perfume you might find this too sweet. I personally really enjoy it on occasion, and it's different from all my other floral perfumes.
I bought my first bottle about 3 years ago, and my boyfriend (now my husband) ran out and bought the EXACT same thing as a gift for me, so I ended up with 2 bottles. (Not that I'm complaining since I ended up throwing out the first one when it went off recently.) The bottle is gorgeous but the violet juice does change color and with time and light exposure, so it's a shame if you love displaying it.

DNA Salli
DNA Salli

Other than its sweet vanilla scent, this perfume has tangible magic powers! I wore it when tired and it always gave me strength and energy! I wore it when sad and it was uplifting! A soft-fluffy wrap if there is cold in the soul...Excellent staying power.

angeldoll
angeldoll

Wow ! This fragrance is pure passion. I feel very seductive when I wear it. Sexy vanilla,passion flower & jasmine. It's warm,sensual fragrance and It's a little creamy. I think the name of the perfume is great. It is a poison that gets under the skin of each And hypnotizes everyone ! :)
Ah, yes - This perfume reminds me of Dior - Addict :)

calaira.maria
calaira.maria

Hypnose is definitely not my scent. It smells on my skin like a bubble gum and a rotten jasmin. It stays the same for 6 hours, it's not changing. It's flat, not interesting, it doesn't even try to convince me that I should give him some more time. After using 2 of 5 ml I'm almost sick of it.

Beatrixel
Beatrixel

dear reader,
hynose from the house of lancome, launched in 2005 excels in the area where most newcomer fragrances don't.
as the name implies, Hypnose is an enigmatic blend of vanilla and passion flower, creating a powdery, elusive and feminine aura. the vanilla is balanced and it doesn`t become boring and linear as most scents based primarily on it do. I also sensed some spices which are not listed here. it`s not powdery stale as some might be compelled to think! Please, check and smell twice, because depending on your current state this might smell differently. It catches a glimpse of the fairy/fae imagery with its woodsy undertones.
how to wear...
it could be described as a night scent, due to the vanilla. however, it stands out as something tasteful and not overwhelming.
as it is simple in composition but textured on skin, I guess it matches nice summer dresses. imagine yourself at a soiree dansante at the end of May and you`ll know what I`m talking about. It`s magical, sleep inducing, hypnotic. On a side note, be careful because some dude at the party might want to drool on you in delight. Don`t let them get hypnotised so easily!
the colors that come in mind are tones of blue, cold colors, going as far as white. I can't say that this is for all ages, but it could be an inspired choice for women who like to maintain a young and seductive vibe even in their 60s, so it could be any age from 15 to 60+ . and no, I am not kidding. who says that 15 year olds can`t smell good?
the experienced longevity for this fragrance upon my skin was up to 7 hours and its non-intrusiveness makes it quite a good choice for those who like to mingle with people without overpowering their sense of smell- imagine again, a dinner party.
to me this is a calming scent which has a lot to tell.

you could say that chopard is its winter counterpart, but that one is heavy on vanilla and might get that dude drowsy on your shoulder.

claudia26
claudia26

I think it smells like a vanilla cookie.

AnastasiaCinnamon
AnastasiaCinnamon

Like it.On my skin it is gentle,subtile and a bit sexy aroma.

Ceylane
Ceylane

It was love at first sight. I think it smells so perfect, sweet, but not gourmand, a little powder ... very good! Great silage and staying power.

emelim
emelim

i smell too much vanilla, bitter :(

advabart
advabart

Love it, but it might be a little too heavy for everyday use.

Edit: still appreciate it, but recently it has begun to smell too synthetic. I can hardly stand the top notes...

Nefelisparkles
Nefelisparkles

Why, oh why does that smell like lemons on my skin???? It isn't listed on the notes but it's absolutely there! My husband could smell it too!!! But what is left from the lemons parade is just gorgeous! warm and cozy! A friend of mine has it and is delicious on her!

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Within the first 30 minutes, all I can smell is Tide laundry detergent -- the unscented kind. It smelled different from the test strip and my husband agrees. On my skin, it was very sharp. The vetiver insists on playing with jasmine tagging along a few steps behind. There are no gardenia to bring down the sharpness, nor vanilla to sweeten the team. I will test again another time in case I had grabbed the wrong bottle. For now, I will say, it's not for me.

Rating: will test again

coco?c'est moi :)
coco?c'est moi :)

No,no,no !!!!!!!!!!
This perfume is not at all like Eternal Magic !!!!
To my nose Hypnose is tropical - woody - sweet ( in the vanillic way ) .
Eternal Magic is only sweet , sugary sweet , no tropical sense , no woody note , just sugar-syrup .
My nose find similarities between Eternal Magic and Infinite Moments .
Hypnose is far superior .

GlitterCupcake
GlitterCupcake

Delicious, soft vanilla with a twist.

Very relaxing, perfect for autumn/winter. The ultra-yummy passion flower note is very distinct at the beginning. Then the scent settles down and all you can smell is vanilla; but not the sweet, boring type – rather a soft, creamy, fresh and minty vanilla.
It grows sweeter and sweeter as it dries down, but you can still just about pick up something fresh and fruity about it, which makes it such an unusual, delicious and vibrant combination.

Staying power is brilliant, and despite a lot of negative opinions, I find it easy and light to wear. This is an amazing fragrance - you get a yummy, vibrant vanilla packed in beautifully shaped bottle, and this lovely blue colour... all these things make Hypnose my Lancome favourite.

yidansheng
yidansheng

orange blossom character (kinda like Hypnotic Poison and Alien), only more sparkling citrus note on top. Basenotes amber, vanilla, powdery woody.

annisa.a
annisa.a

This was the first branded perfume that my parents gave to me (first used it around 2006/2007) and despite I love the scent, I never bought nor tried another Hypnose until recently.

But oh well, after comparing so many fragrances, I can still consider this as my most favorited perfume, although I prefer to use Hypnose on special occasions/night outs.

It's definitely a vanilla scent, but for me, it's more a "cold" vanilla. Still nice and lovely, but gives you more elegant impression, instead of sweet and young impressions of "warm" vanilla.

Zoya

I used to like it very much, even wrote a positive review a couple of years ago. Now it just makes my head hurt. A lot. I don't know why but I'm not the first one that it happens to her. If you like the smell, buy it in the small bottle (30 ml) to be sure that it fits you.

bobbyferrant
bobbyferrant

Very textured and creamy..T get alot of almond/anise facets in the beginning, with prominant headspinning passionflower. Theres a bunch of synthetic head-space vanilla but with a cripsness to it (like in burberry brit). I also detect a bubblegum and clean cotton accord..Its cuddly like being wrapped up in freshly laundered; fluffy white blankets from childhood.

Migalex
Migalex

This is really really sweet in a very nice way and does have a slighlty fruity gourmand edge. It seems to me very well achieved, quite fidgety and difficult to grasp at once, several of its parts, while competing for attention at the same time, moving alternatively between the forefront and the back. The scent is quite unique and I do like it. What is not great is the staying power which I actually find outrageous, very but very poor. Another thing I do not like about this perfume is the name - I find it too pretentious in a provincial way as I find most of Lancome perfumes names. Is it supposed to make you hypnotize a man?

m4
m4

Oh how this scent brings back the memories :D I was with my mum in a store and we tried Hypnose because the nice blue bottle caught our attention (it´s so long). How I love it. Maybe it´s just me but it smelled like bubble gum. I smell most vanilla with bubble gum plus some velvety tones which makes it unique and unforgettable. If you wear it you bring the attention, be sure! Lasting power is great and the sillage also. Bottle is big plus also. Velvety vanilla with bubble gum and everybody wants to eat you :-)

perfumebox

Sweet, rich and balmy, but with a bright fruity-floral tang that keeps it from becoming a dark oriental.

This is more suitable for crisp weather as it can get a little too sweet in the heat. I bought a bottle about the same time that my husband bought me one, so I ended up with more than I ever intended to own. The good news is that it's definitely inviting and appreciated by both genders in general.

This scent isn't overtly floral despite the notes. It comes off like some sweet morsel from the middle east; edible but infused with the distinct aroma of flowers. If you like Victoria's Secret Scents but are ready for something a little more grown-up, this would be a good option.

But you had better like sweet scents!

dovey
dovey

Both hypnose & Hypnose Eau Legere have a very strong anise note
I'm surprised its not mentioned in both !!
Sadly anise is a deal breaker for me in perfumes,, for it gives me a stomach ache
Still searching for that sweet warm vanilla scent........

Mrs_Mary
Mrs_Mary

Hypnose and Lolita Lempicka are my two favourite perfumes EVER! And, guess what! Men LOVE it!

Duffy
Duffy

I absolutly love this! Its so powdery like baby powder. run to the store and get one for yourself, because its worth youre money trust me.

CozyCat

I've read a few reviews below that spoke of the 'synthetic' or 'hairspray' vibe going on in Hypnose. What they call the 'synthetic vibe', my nose translates into a fresh and vivid crispness that I love, it is what makes Hypnose special and gives it a cool, sophisticated edge, setting it apart from the other sweet, syrupy or heavy vanillas. This scent is indeed very sweet after all, very vanilla with a bright tinge of passionfruit and a light vetiver base. A simple composition but an elegant one, far from cheap-smelling. It is also a feel-good scent, joyful and optimistic. Very versatile as well, night or day, casual or formal, and great in most seasons (too sweet for hot weather though!). A very charming, grown-up crisp vanilla for lovers of sweets. A simple yet sophisticated all-rounder, and, yes, it's all about the vanilla! Great sillage and longevity too.

Tsukinohime

It's like a purple dream: bizarre, confusing yet addictive. When I sprayed this on my wrist I can't stop smelling it every now and then and I just love the way it evolves on my skin. At first it is a bit boozy, but after some time it became a soft, sensual floral woody vanilla scent, which is both warm and cool at the same time. It's this ambiguity and paradoxical nature that intrigues me. I knew of this fragrance a while back, but don't know if I would really like it or not. But today I decided to try it once and for all and now the answer is clear: this is going to be a very long love affair. Hypnose is definitely going to be my signature scent from now on.

chair
chair

LOVE!!!This is an extremely great smelling scent. It's sexy, fun, and happy! Just you only need a little spritz because I accidentally sprayed too much on and we had to roll down all of the windows of the car.. lol. But my older cousin aged 20-25 wears this and so do I(I'm a teen:)) So LOOOOOVE

dezaval
dezaval

This is a totally recomended perfume for those who love tropical scents and are vanilla-addicted. Mysterious, very sensual, very feminine, very summery! Like having escaped on a tropical paradise...I wore it the year it was released. Everybody was asking me which perfume it was. Many friends of mine liked it on me and they bought it. I still like it and miss it. I'll definitelly purcase it again!

jennifer.radcliffe3
jennifer.radcliffe3

i love the smell of this ! it's fresh and pretty and not too strong.the smell is sweet, light and oh so pretty

s.w.
s.w.

sensual, sexy, inviting, mystical, long lasting fragrance! i love it so much! amazing beautiful vanilla! it has only one minus - its very recognizable. that was a reason why i have not use it before, but only sniffing from the bottle. but today i have tried it on my skin and can say that its more than cozy and splendid!

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Lancôme Hypnose is a beachy vanilla suntan lotion scent in the most delightful way! Sweet vanilla and subtly fruity passion flower warmed up with vetiver. I love this fragrance and the gorgeous face of this fragrance, Daria Werbowy!

windswept
windswept

Possibly the worst perfume I have ever experienced. I'm not a perfume snob.. Some perfumes give me headaches, some give me nausea... but it normally takes a while or it's a subtle feeling of sickness and I'm still able to say it's a good perfume. In fact some of my favourite perfumes do this to me if applied at the wrong time of the year/day/occasion. But this is not the case with Hypnose.. one sniff and I must get away.

Note: I put it on my clothing.

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

Hypnose is a nice scent and lasts for awhile. But it doesn't stand out to me as one I have to buy. Its a nice sweet soft scent a little woody a some points but ends up slighty powdery towards the end. It would be a good scent for everyday wear. Basically this is an I don't love it but I don't hate it scent for me.

although i like it,sometimes it gives me a headache.anyway it is a nice perfume and my husband finds it relaxing...

Merlinrumpel
Merlinrumpel

Its a good soft perfume, starts with floral notes an then turns to smell like vanilla. not strong enough to be called hypnose, the longevity it´s about 2hs. But still a good perfume to wear everyday.

nooory
nooory

I used to like this. But lately, i've been sniffing fruity notes in the dry down which i do not like one bit. it is weird cause no fruity notes were listed. oh, well..

snowbunny007
snowbunny007

This fragrance borderlines on being a single note vanilla. Similar to how Coty Wild Musk gives the impression of being a single note musk.

Hypnose is note single faceted, but like Coty Wild Musk, it has been given such a good blending so as to create that illusion.

If you really like vanilla, you might should give this a try. It reminds me of Fancy by Jessica Simpson, but without the cake notes.

This is a simple scent. I found it boring and redundant (it reminds me of a metric TON of other scents), but it's not offensive.

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

This one is on my Top 5 "perfume-list" . It's original and sexy . Long lasting as well . It's very hypnotizing for sure .

enzyme1
enzyme1

I love this perfume, it is not a complex formulation just vanilla, passion flower grounded by vetiver. I find this to be relaxing and warming, a good night time scent that won't agitate you.
Some aspects of this fragrance might put some off wearing this like the synthetic heart of the perfume, but it is not a cheap synthetic smell like drug store fragrances but a synthetic scent done well.
If your collection lacks a sweet calming perfume I would consider picking this up, or at least buying a mini of it.

annisa_ayunindya
annisa_ayunindya

totally headache, sweet but gave me headache...

pum.ohse
pum.ohse

Too ordinary.

cikcik
cikcik

This is for the EDP. Some of the previous reviews mention lavender. Well, yes, l get some, but it must be the vetiver. Different people get different notes from Hypnose. Sugar? Vanilla? Soap? Fruit? Bitter citrus? Well, even l get confused when l wear it. Starts with fruity-vanilla, gets woody with vetiver. Sometimes like Vanille Noir of Yves Rocher, sometimes like Dior Addict, sometimes even like Shalimar... Projection? Not good.

This fragrance smells mostly passion flower and vanilla. I like the passion flower not in it. It smells yummy and tropical. I rather like this fragrance than don't.

greek_goddes

I am using Hypnose since I was 17. I firstly bought it on Christmas of last year of high school.
I always have at least a small bottle in my collection in order to take a sniff from time to time.
I am not always in the mood to use it but I have an emotional connection with this scent.
It doesn't smel like me! Hypnose is quite sugary and I feel more like a rebel :P
But I have all these memories, good and bad things to remember that I cannot forget this scent.
Actually I miss these careless years...

nikkimouse
nikkimouse

I'm sorry, but I find this revolting, cheap, quite synthetic and generic. There's an O.D. of passion flower that nausiates me. Smells of cheap shampoo, but worse, too bad, the vanilla and spicey aspect is very nice. Perhaps if that gruesome passion flower were replaced with something, anything else, maybe tiare or fragiopini flower, it would be something special, worth while. I wouldn't use this if I won a lifetime supply! gross!

Senses version is far better

incandescent
incandescent

Personality: Feminine, sensual, optimistic, sparkling, friendly.

Age: 22-40

Scent: A bright and tropical floral top note followed by a thick and wet vanilla middle note (like enjoying expensive vanilla ice cream), on a subtle and classy woodsy base. Dries down into a smooth powdery vanilla. Overall the scent is very pleasant and 'safe'...a lovely balance between 'sophisticated' and 'easygoing', it is sweet and tasty without being obviously gourmand.

When: Applied discretely, it can be worn in summer. But best for spring, fall and winter. Day or night.

Where: Dating, Office (applied discretely), as a signature scent, Semi-Formal events, Dinners.

Sillage/Longevity: Excellent sillage, longevity of 7-8 hours.

JUST FOR FUN: If Pisces is your sun sign or ascendant/rising sign, this is just for you, whether you choose it as a party scent, or a day-time scent. Sparkling, sociable and day-dreamers, it's a perfect match.

akats
akats

First I will say that it is not my type of fragrance, and I tested it accidentally. Well, it is a soft tender smell, pleasant to my nose, but as someone mentioned, it is boring. It is almost the same from the beginning to its end. For someone who likes these soft powdery scents, it will be a good choice. But for the rest absolutely not.

menita.kortelainen
menita.kortelainen

At first i loved it and bought a large bottle of it. Now I hate it..it gives me a headache. Maybe i used it too much for too long,but really boring and gross to me nowadays. Very powdery and recognizeable.

Revontuli

I chose this perfume without trying at all with a rush at Tax Free shop. I bought EdT as the price was reasonable. It smells soft spicy-sweet on my skin and I like it, good for daily use. But deginitely not something original, you can find something similar very easily. So, if you want a brand perfume with good price, go for it.

Moirahas
Moirahas

For me it is a weird perfume...I can't identify any of the fragrances but a mixture of them and also a strong scent of woman skin-soft,warm,and sexually responsive...its almost reminds me of the orgasm smell.Again maybe I'm just weird,I don't expect anyone 2 feel what I do but this is just me.I dunno how he did it though...

WhiteCity
WhiteCity

Does anyone remember the smell of LABELLO,the original lipbalm in the blue-white tube ,when it first came out?? well,thats the smell of Hypnose.It took me back to the 80's,when I held my labello as the most precious belonging!...innocent balmy vanilla.

atv315
atv315

My goodness, warning: harsh review. I have been looking for a signature vanilla fragrance for this winter coming up and a lot of things I found online pointed to this so I went and tried it. Now, I am not a fan of artificial smelling fragrances but Thierry Mugler, for example, does it intentionally and at least makes them unique and sophisticated. I find Hypnose just HORRID. It smells SO CHEAP. The scent is weird yet completely boring, with an overwhelming artificial scent of musk or cotton or something like that. It suffocated me and because it's so linear and doesn't evolve, it suffocated me in the same way for hours. This smells like a perfume you'd find at the checkout line at the drug store. I'm not a fan of Lancome fragrances to begin with, so I don't know why I was expecting to be pleasantly surprised. I even said I wouldn't judge it by the sample so I sprayed it on my wrist to see if it would magically mutate. I regretted it the whole commute home and was hoping nobody could smell it from one wrist. To each his or her own of course.

ellachamp
ellachamp

smells like vanilla but not the typical or generic cheap vanilla scent in most perfumes. this fragrance is very sophisticated. i feel beautiful when i wear it. scent lingers for up to 8 hours. it's a little bit on the expensive side but it's soooo worth it. this is perfect for the evening. a romantic date maybe?

Whit
Whit

I had this at one time. I loved wearing it because it was so sexy smelling to me. My husband loved it too: he was always like "Are you going to wear Hypnose? It smells so good on you!" When I ran out, I never repurchased though I don't know why. Clearly it was one of my favorites. Hmmm.....maybe it's time for a revisit? Lovely, sexy, warm fragrance.

MrsTefee
MrsTefee

Sweety powdery vanilla. On me it smells similar to moonlight path by bbw although more vanilla and less floral like moonlight path.

Its very light and doesnt last long.. very close to the skin. Its nice but to me its nothing too different or spectacular....just nice.

EskimoKissez
EskimoKissez

My initial impression of "Hypnose" is spicy... but not dark spicy like Euphoria or earthy spicy like Midnight Poison... more like a soft, sweet, sensual spicy like Kenzo Amour. I agree with Happyme2009 that this is BEST of Lancome and simply put, sexy in a bottle. :-)

cathy.halk
cathy.halk

I think, i must have been one of the very first who bought hypnose. I loved it.Seductive,sweet and so much different from other sweet perfumes.The only reason that i wear it no longer now ,is because i smell it everywhere and this is not good if you want to leave your signature!

craitza
craitza

Hypnose is one of the most pleasant scent:warm ,soft ,sweet,very feminine.

tigsy
tigsy

This is one of the more distinctive and unusual perfumes. It can be quite 'heady' at times but saying that I often have a bottle and get compliments which is always good!

marielisagrant
marielisagrant

all i get with this is pink musk sticks (the lollies)but at the same time i like it, i dont smell any vanilla which is disappointing. i wouldnt be wearing this one to impress anyone but my own sugar craving!

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

Wow this is a superb fragrance! It captures warmth, freshness and sophistication in a brilliant manner. It smells very floral and fresh when it's first sprayed on, but dries down to a soft and luxurious bouquet of tranquil wood and sweetness. I wish the men's Hypnose, which smells good, was this outstanding. The sillage on this must be a trail of magic.

Hippyhop2
Hippyhop2

I get that so many people love it, I really do, because it's a special scent, you know when someone is wearing this. But on me... it doesn't work. I don't like it, maybe because it is woodsy. Perfume is a personal thing, so I get that people can love it. For me it's a bit in your face. It's really a perfume you either love or hate.

zielona
zielona

I should hate it. I should be consistent in my dislike for everything that is too popular and too bossy.

But I can't! From the first time I smelled it, I can't stop loving it. I'm amused how mix of these simple notes bring back memories of... old funfair. Candyfloss, bubble gum balls, jawbreakers, popcorn with caramel syrup, everything sweet, loud, colorful and so happy. Like time-machine, I feel like a child again and can't wait to buy some candies. Sorry, no "sexy" impression this time ;]

It's so sweet, cosy and happy fragrance; but definitely not in my perfume wearing' comfort zone. Maybe some day...

Tulipano
Tulipano

This is a love potion! Warm, sensual, elegant, love in a dazzling bottle! This is self-confidence! Sensational, breath-taking, erotic. I am stunning, I am unique, I am sexy! I am in love! I am here for you, look into my eyes, you gonna see love! I am all yours!
I wear it and i do not need to put on anything else to be beautiful..
This is my signature perfume!

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

One of my favourite scents. Smells sooo good by creamy vanilla on my skin. Perfect for winter.

acv43
acv43

This scent is really quite beautiful!
This time of year i love vanilla oriental scents- they are just so yummy and warm on a cold day. although many say this scent is better for night, to me this is a good day time scent if you love spice. the powdery vanilla and soft spice blend wonderfully together with the natural fragrances of clean skin, i don't think this would be at all offensive to others around you like some oriental fragrances can be. immediately after i sprayed it i was a bit dissapointed because it came across as pure powder to me, however given a bit more time (like 20min)the passion flower and vanilla come through smelling very lovely :)
Although i thoroughly enjoyed this scent i think i might still choose a fragrance like Dior Addict over this scent (in vanilla-oriental types), only because i think the vanilla scent comes off a bit dry- if that makes sense? I think i prefer my vanillas a bit creamier and more ozonic( ok- yes, i am making up words :p)However hypnose is still a wonderful scent in a beautiful bottle so i can see why it has so many fans

stephanie.hotz
stephanie.hotz

Even at first contact all i can smell in this is powder and a not so nice floral mixture. i really wish i could smell the to notes but I cant

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

Noses Annick Menardo and Thierry Wasser deserve my total admiration for creating such a wonderful scent!

I remember I first smelled Hypnose around the end of 2007.. so many things in my life changed since then, but recently I was asked by my boyfriend to choose a fragrance as a gift for the passing of a hard exam and – though being very undecided between this one and other wintery masterpieces I crave for such as Indian Holi, Organza and L’Idole, just to name a few – I felt like Hypnose was the right choice for me as for now.
All about Hypnose is meant to impress and leave a mark: the indigo and slightly provoking eyes of the model in the ad, the light violet juice, the stunning glass bottle that recalls the movement of a silk dress (at least to me), and – last but not least, of course! – the fragrance itself.
Mystery, comfort and smooth sensuality are the words that better describe Hypnose for me: I’ve never paid attention to passionflower before getting to know this special fragrance, and I have to say that it provides the opening of this EDP with a perfect mix of exoticness and freshness (hints of not listed tropical fruits maybe?): as soon as the passionflower breeze starts to linger with vanilla and jasmine the composition gets creamy and close to gourmand, reminding me of cookies filled with vanilla cream and covered by powdered white sugar. Heart and drydown are the undisputed reign of the most flowery and powdery vanilla I’ve probably ever smelled, kept from getting sticky sweet by vetiver I suppose (I’m not that familiar with that note, I must confess).
Hypnose’s sillage is one of the best I can think of, honestly there are few scents that project that well and distinctly.. longevity is average and sometimes rather low (about 3-4 hours on me), the scent gets quite close to skin after a while but I have no problems with re-spraying the fragrance during the day, mostly if it smells so divine on me.

If oriental floral and/or oriental vanilla are your thing and you’ve never come across Hypnose (I think it’s rather impossible, though) you have to give this beauty at least a try. You probably won’t regret it. I don’t care if it’s not unique or the most complex scent of the universe, to me Hypnose is a true masterpiece. Will adore it forever and ever!

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

I don't get the hype. It doesn't smell that special. It's boring. It's overpriced and it doesn't last on my skin. It smells like passion fruit, I don't even get the 'creamy vanilla'. B-o-r-i-n-g.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Soft, warm, flowery vanilla. It's not very seductive or hypnotic, but ah, that's just a name. However, it is sexy. Cozy sexy.
It has a slight fruit hint to me nose. A very very light touch of pear. Maybe it's the passionflower, I wouldn't know.
I could smell a lot of jasmine in the opening.
In some fragrances I like jasmine, in some I don't, depending on the other notes. HYPNOSE perfectly reflects my relationship with jasmine. Sometimes I really like the opening, with soft vanilla and jasmine mixed, then the next moment it's the pear note with the jasmine, and I don't like it that all.
The drydown however, is GORGEOUS! Vanilla, licorice, fresh jasmine (which I love, in the drydown :p) and a soft, smoky vetivier scent. Very warm, but still very light. And not sweet.

To me, this is not an exclusive winter scent. I would also wear it on cool, magical summernights. The fragrance has a freshness to it, something watery, airy, and that makes it very suitable for such nights. Especially the drydown makes me think of a garden in a summernight, when all the flowers release their scents.

Namyra
Namyra

This is not a perfume, this is a nasty dream, an instantaneous vision of paradise lost. It's really sweet, with a lot of creamy vanilla in it, so you could be temped to make a hasty association with other gourmand fragrances, but this is infinitely more seductive, there's no real "sugar" here, this is not infantile or girlish in any way. It has something exotic and mysterious that remembers me of a summer brazilian night, even if this is definitely a winter fragrance. I detect anice and licorice too, but they are not in the olfactive pyramid. Nothing to do with Ange ou Demon, that I hate, in any case. Annick Menardo I love you!

Bethesda
Bethesda

Beautiful, creamy, floral vanilla scent that I can't stop sniffing after receiving it for Christmas. The vanilla is present in the top, middle and base notes and it wraps around you like a cashmere blanket. If it were a sickly sweet vanilla it would be suffocating but it's cosy rather than stifling, kept earthy by the smoky vetiver and just a dash of liquorice spice. The jasmine is just as potent and gorgeous as the vanilla and it stops the composition from turning into a spicy gourmand mess. I also detect a hint of violet in the top note which gives it a rather green and herbal opening and complements the liquorice perfectly. I just love the violet colour tint to the perfume too and the twisted ornamental glass bottle!

This lasts about 8 hours on me, which is not to be sneezed at, and I would say the notes that last the longest are jasmine, vanilla and vetiver. Definitely up there with my all-time favourites. I don't think there is anything else out there like it. It was the perfect opulent, almost chypre, vanilla scent to wear this Christmas but I think smelling the fragrant jasmine outside in the summer will be sublime. It's a great night out scent, but also ideal for a night in by the fire. Unique, adaptable and delicious.

Allisontaylor
Allisontaylor

I have smelt so many fragrances that now they all have that similair scent to me. Not Hypnose. This is totally different. I can actually say I smelt nothing like it. But I dont necesarilly like it that much. It's very velvety at the beggining but a while later it develops into a very soapy and clingy scent on me.

appleblossom22
appleblossom22

If you like jasmine, this scent is for you. Me on the other hand, I find the scent repulsive. The other notes are barely noticeable and the vetiver and jasmine blend turns into a sour milk scent on my skin. I tried to make nice with this but the scent triggered my gag reflex. I'm sorry, I don't intend to offend, I just had a horrible relationship with this. I'll never buy blind again :/

Merri
Merri

First spray I get passionfruit, I love that note. Then it is sweet, alot of black licorice/anise to me but no one around me seems to smell that, they all say vanilla? I do get vanilla but it is an airy, fluffy vanilla that floats above the skin. I don't know if I am describing it right but when I smell my wrist I smell warm candied, fruity licorice, and I like it, but every now and again I get a whiff of this wonderful vanilla and think "Wow, that smells good!". The sillage is not crazy, after an hour it seems to stay close to the skin and then lasts around 4/5 hours. I do get compliments wearing this though and the best compliment is my husband's "You smell gorgeous" :) I am going to be wearing this one ALOT!

Beautiful. Mildly sweet and woody, a harmonious blend of florals and subtle vanilla. One of Lancome's best.

missymary
missymary

Very striking floral with the pungent vetiver note, shame about the lack of sillage after about 10 minutes. It could have been a remarkable perfume otherwise, one for the fans of such as Armani Code.

I have found the lack of sillage and longevity of Lancome perfumes makes them extremely poor value. The only exception is my beloved Poeme.

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

This is my number one favorite scent from the Lancôme house...it's just so sweet and fluffy that I feel compelled to love it...kinda like a sweet, fluffy fragrant puppy.

Hypnôse is very sweet on my skin from start to finish. Personally I don't perceive it as sexy, sensual, seductive or anything else in that style.

Instead I find it warm and cozy...it's cute...the perfect perfume for a fuzzy sweater and a hot cup of cacao when the snow is falling outside and a log fire is roaring in the hearth. These are the images that I visualize with Hypnôse.

The florals provide a little contrast to the vanilla, preventing it from becoming monotonous. And the vetiver emerges later on in the show...but this is basically an all-out showcase for a syrupy gourmand vanilla note.

The fantastic team of Annick Menardo and Thierry Wasser who collaborated on this fragrance shines through with the high quality.

A cute and yummy cold weather treasure.

shullygully
shullygully

I just love this scent because its warm, velvety and mysterious yet delicate. Very very sexy.

Caffaccino
Caffaccino

Oh, how I love this scent. Many people complaint me while wearing this scent. My aunt says it smells better on me than it does in the bottle. Very elegant and classy perfume.

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

Just got myself a bottle of Hypnose and I must say it is perfect for winter and especially the holidays.
I very much enjoy the almondy vanilla mixed with that twist of passionflower note. To some noses this might be synthetic and artificial but on me it turns into a Christmas elixir which instantly gives me bliss.
I perceive Hypnose as linear, it smells the same from beginning to end but with waning intensity during the hours. The fact that Hypnose is not very long-lasting (on me about 5h) is no problem as I usually apply again (or a different scent) in late afternoon.
It just makes me feel cuddly, comfortable and safe from the world´s madness.
However, there is no vetiver for me....as it usually becomes quite sour on me I wonder where it is...probably swallowed up by all that almond notes :-)
If you are much into gourmand perfumes you might give this a try. It is, however, not by far as sugary as Angel or Flowerbomb are.
Besides, it has a certain similarity to Shalimar Initial (which was also created by Thierry Wasser) : Powdery-sweet-cuddly-youthful.
The young crowd can wear it but I am 30+ and I refuse to fully grow up :-) Let´s enjoy this nice frag until we are old and gray :-)

Hyponse
Hyponse

This is my all time favourite perfume. I can`t find any scent that smells as good on my skin. Powdery vanilla, but yet has a sting to it that get`s you attention. Hypnotic scent! Loooove it!

Sirenita
Sirenita

This fragrance is my guilty pleasure. My head tells me it's not original or clever, but still I find it sweet, warm and comforting on my skin. Ultimately, all the original, well composed fragrances in the world don't mean anything if they react badly to your skin chemistry, as many do with mine. On my skin, this smells of warm woody vanilla with just a little whif of something exotic (passionflower). Not powdery and sweet, just warm and soft, like a cashemere jumper over a silk slip. The vetiver makes this a more grown up version of the vanilla musk I used to wear as a teen (although there is no musk here, it's just an impression of warmth and soft sexiness this fragrance has) and the passionflower gives it a slight difference. This is one of my favourites for winter.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

The concept of juxtaposing green floral notes with powerful powder and vanilla accords is commonly encountered in feminine scents of the last ten years, and Hypnôse is a reference for it. There's an exotically heady floral on top (must be the passionflower) which rapidly melds with sweet vanilla and jasmine. From a few feet away, it smells unexciting but nice. Close up, I'm struck by how blatantly chemical the composition is. There's potential for a great modern perfume here, but corners were cut and its components are crudely assembled. Still, if applied lightly, this makes for a respectable college girl's perfume.

CHOCAHOLIC
CHOCAHOLIC

I used to wear this perfume six years ago..Although I found this strong, there was something about it that I really liked; maybe vanilla or the fact that its lasting power was excellent.Most of the women I knew then, were asking me about this scent and they finally bought it for themselves. Of course, it became widely known and extremely popular and as a result it ended up in a common smell that did not catch my interest.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

The passionflower is outstanding in the opening, and can be smelled through the drydown, i love it, jasmine is not overbearing, well played, and the vanilla is just a touch, not too much. The overall powdery feel is perfect, not baby powder, but more of an overall powdery effect. What a unique gorgeous, sexy, but simple perfume. Love it! Smooth, relaxing, but sexy. I dont find this to be a dark fragrance, instead, light but with depth. So very nice. This one was really a pleasant suprise for me, feel so foolish for looking this one over, passed it in the store so many times, without thinking twice. It wasn't until I read reviews that I knew this would be an exceptional perfume. A big THANK YOU to all the fragnatica members that contributed :)

vdxl
vdxl

A nice passionflower-vanilla-woody perfume that is young smelling, but still not part of the tutti-frutti mania. The passionflower/passionfruit effect here smells complementary to a lavander note that is modernised, finishing with a velvety vanilla. Lovely...

SPHINX
SPHINX

Very unique, long lasting and gets people talking. Sits amazingly on me and has alot of depth. Its a sweet warm exotic smell that says alot about the wearer. I love it and will always come back for more.

Spicy
Spicy

for me it's soft hypnotic vanilla. Not for summer, but very warm and cozy for winter and rainy days. Love it!

cheeks
cheeks

When I first tested this, it was love at first sniff, it was the perfect vanilla for me, quite syrupy, but also sparkling and crisp, more like vanilla ice cream than a warm vanilla. I found it to be an optimistic scent, there's something fruity in it as well, I thought it also smelled abit like sweet guavas that I used eat when I was living in South East Asia. The vetiver adds a touch of sophistication to stop the vanilla from melting all over the place into a warm cloying mess. Anyways, perfect for warm weather. The second time I tried it, it was more intense and alot sweeter than I remembered, and during the second wearing of Hypnose, it began to annoy me as the hours went by (it's warm all year round where I live, so you can imagine how sticky I began to feel). I didn't give up and tried it for a third time, and what I got was a weak vanilla and Vitamin C tablets. Ugh. The first time I tested it was the EDT (or maybe the Eau Legere?), second time it was EDP, and third time I'm not really sure, probably a bad bottle or something. I might have to try it for the 4th time, I really want to get myself a crisp and cool vanilla scent. Btw, get the EDT or Eau Legere version if you live in a place where it's warm and sunny all year round, it's fresher and not too syrupy like EDP, though the lasting power is not as great.

Colas123
Colas123

This is unique smell,but for my taste a little too light.lancome,bravo for original idea.

Miss brokrn heart
Miss brokrn heart

I likkkke it
Sweet like ice cream yumy..
vanilla smell espicalist .. Not remind me any fragrance gergeous because i love it
Warm i love wear morning in winter wow .. Remind me old story ..
I sold 2 times in 2008 and 2010 50

Raina
Raina

Lovely. The vetiver, vanilla, and jasmine combination in this reminds me a little of Docle&Gabana The One, but this one is less loud and has a freshness. In fact I see them as sisters. But whereas that sister is a bubbling sexy mess, this one knows how to be a lady in the streets but a freak in the sheets. Shes more sophisticated but you can definitely see the passion in her. Lovely.

EDIT: At first, I was obsessed with this. Then after a few applications the sweetness started to become cloying. It got worse once I started smelling this on every stranger I passed. Perhaps the EDT would have been a better purchase as I find something not as creamy or smooth about the Parfum version.

maatgirl
maatgirl

Fragrance of the Week October 2-8
Currently I am using one fragrance in my collection exclusively for a week, so that I can experience each one in depth, and, hopefully, provide some insights for others on each one.
This past week, the focus was on Hypnose. Periwinkle blue in color, it is categorized as an oriental vanilla by this site, and I think that classification is justified. In my collection, I tend to group Dior Addict and Armani Code for Women into a similar category (blue bottle/juices, oriental-vanilla/floral, etc.) so I will evaluate it with those two as reference points.
When it comes to the overall scent of these three, I think that Addict is the most vanilla, most assertive and the most sexy of the three; Hypnose, by comparison, is a lighter vanilla and it lacks the orange flower note that gives Addict some of its complexity. Due to the quirks of my body chemistry, Hypnose is far less tenacious than either Addict or Code, and thus to me is more suited to day time wear (I also tend to apply with a light hand.) Code seems more floral to me than both Addict and Hypnose; I also think Hypnose is the sweetest of the three, though it is also the most ephemeral.
I really do love this scent, but I tend to see it as a day wear for fall fragrance, if applied lightly. Most importantly, I loved wearing it for a whole week; its somewhat gourmand vanilla oriental vibe really made me happy...even though it is not among my top 10 favorite fragrances.

ahnm
ahnm

this is one of my absolute favorites! it literally make sme smile when i sniff it. the opening is a light fruity-floral, but not like a fruit-punch cocktail type fruity.. it's a subtle, soft fruity. this is probably the pasionflower. i also smell jasmine and other white florals. the middle and base notes are pretty linear and stay warm, dry, vanilla-y throughout, but not in an edible way. this is a fragrant, dusty type of vanilla. i think it's the vetiver that keeps it from being the sticky, sugary, vanilla. i'd compare this to a chiffon cake or a flaky pastry with tea, while perfumes like JS fancy and aquolina pink sugar are sprinkled sugar cookies, toffee puddings or frosted cupcakes with a milkshake.

tenderhearted

I just want to write about my special Hypnose today (I have a cruelty free imitation of Hypnose,not the original one).

Every time I walk by and sniff the precious bottle,it makes me breathe in deeply and smile. It just smells like I know it from a fond memory. It smells vintage,a sweet,pretty dustiness I love so much. It is creamy,softly earthy,and somehow so familiar to my heart.

I just want to mention that at the top,it is listed that others who enjoy Hypnose may also enjoy L de Lolita Lempicka. Well, I gently disagree. I think if you enjoy Hypnose,you would enjoy the original Lolita Lempicka (the cute apple shaped one) . I think the jasmine,vanilla,and vetiver put these 2 more in the same family than L de Lempicka and Hypnose would be.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I can't believe I've never tried Hypnose before (well, as far as I can remember or if I have then it must have been ages ago!) but after reading the good reviews of it on here I decided to give it a go. So, when I was in a perfume department this afternoon I had a spritz of it.

On my skin, Hypnose smells rather nice and likeable, if not very exciting or standout! It's soft, vanilla'ish and slightly powdery, like a nice fragrant talcum powder. I'm not sure about the passionflower, but I can detect the jasmine which is quite nice. I think the longer it's been on my skin the better it smells. It's very subtle, not in your face, and would make a good workplace perfume because I think it's very inoffensive and quite subdued. I'm not sure at this point if I would actually buy a bottle (if I did maybe it would just be a small one, or perhaps I'd swap for it!) but still, I'm kind of liking it. I think though that it might be the kind of nice but slightly boring perfume that I would tire of very quickly! Who knows though, maybe I wouldn't and I might end up actually getting myself a bottle of it!

chowchow41
chowchow41

A great fresh passionflower opening, really like it.
Then it combines with soft vanille, love it.
Great perfume for everyday use.

micristal
micristal

I'm not a Hypnôse fan, but there is one good thing to say about it. It lasts forever. And ever. And then some.

I sprayed it once on my wrist last weekend because my best friend got it. I went to a party and sprayed another perfume on myself (neck and hair) and all I could smell was Hypnôse. I took a shower the next day and I could STILL smell it on my skin. And on my clothes. Next morning.. guess who woke up next to me? My vanilla scented stalker was still there.

Of course, this will never happen to me with a perfume I actually enjoy. Oh well...

MyriamHM1000
MyriamHM1000

Not my favorite but I can't believe the compliments from coworkers.

It is one of those that would be like a $200 dollar perfume compared to Bath and Body works splashes.

Great for work - year round office wear; not for a somber spirit; a youthful vibe and a sweet girl maybe not top dog at the office but she is on her toes.

lyria
lyria

Reminds me of blueberry chewing gum with something milky. Everyday use might make me tired of it but it is a fine change to put it on from time to time. It does have a sweetness, however one which is not sugary but mysterious. Charming and interesting for sure; the smell stays the same and only gently fades away.

Nadia Beatriz

When I first met this fragrance i felt in love at first time.. and bought the biggest one.. then i started to get bored to use it until i offer to a friend and ask her the bottle when she end the bottle took a long time because it had too much still.. but its a good fragrance anyway.. just not to use over and over.. just make a pause btw each others perfumes..

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

Hypnose smells like a mix between a fruit scented eraser and flowers. Sadly I get no vanilla at all. I don`t get why this one is so vanilla-hyped?

Tartangirl
Tartangirl

I got a sample that I sprayed on my wrist today. I am glad I only sprayed a small amount because it's indeed very, very sweet. You really have to be careful when using it as it may make people around you feel sick. But I like it. It's like a gourmandise, a scent for special occasions, definitely not something that you'd use every day, I think you would get bored very quickly of it's sweetness.

Flowercat
Flowercat

This perfume definitely has 3 distinct stages on me, which confused me and stopped me from buying it right away--I wasn't sure if what I smelled on my wrist after leaving the perfume dept. was Hypnose or another I'd sampled. The 3 stages are so different! First, I detect the strong citrusy scent that has licorice or some other potent thread running through it, with a powdery base thrown in. Kind of masculine. Not for me! UNTIL...the second stage kicks in about 20 minutes later and the powdery part strengthens and a floral essence emerges. Ok, I'm thinking,don't reject this one yet. After another 10 minutes or so, the best and final part develops: a sweet vanilla sort of mingles with everything that came before it and forms a unique vanilla/powder/floral concoction that lasts. Just barely sweet, but sweet enough to satisfy my girly side. I almost returned this one until I gave it a second chance to perform its 3 act show for me,and smooth out my confusion. Don't judge Hypnose too quickly!Not only does it do many different things on different peoples' chemistries (based on all these reviews!) but its final scent on your skin isn't a sure thing until at least a half hour after spritzing.

Grottola
Grottola

Froot Loops with vanilla! Haha, Hypnôse is a fun scent. It opens with a surprisingly long-lasting lemon/citrus that smells kind of like Froot Loops. That citrus is paired with vanilla, heliotrope, and the faintest bit of anise - a signature of Annick Menardo. Once the citrus FINALLY dissipates (after half an hour or so), the vanilla/heliotrope base takes hold and stays that way for hours. It is also when the citrus dissipates that some fruity notes show up. Towards the end a bit of amber and vetiver rear their head.

I find Hypnôse to be a wonderful fresh floriental, and definitely unisex when applied sparingly. Annick Menardo (the genius that she is) has a knack for taking sweet notes and balancing them out with other elements to make them work; make them smooth. For instance, Hypnotic Poison, and the equally wonderful Lolita Lempicka.

Definitely check this one out if you're into vanilla/heliotrope scents. Or, if you're a fan of Annick Menardo in general. She's quite a talented perfumer, and her signature is shown through Hypnôse. Lancôme's scent quality has gone down in the past 20 years or so but they have a lot of good fragrances hidden between the popular ones.

skki
skki

This is so good , very fancy and grown up!!! I have the 1.7 oz eau de parfum and just a little bit is enough stays all the day long even in my clothes =) this is very heavy on the vanilla note and a little bit sweet .

This is GORGEOUS!

I have a "dupe" of it and I just love it so much.

This is very beautifully strange. I smell creamy, warm whiff of vanilla/jasmine,I smell a fruit and floral scent of the passionflower,and this is breezy smelling,creating the most magnificent trail around my head and body.

I can also smell dust,which is unique and beautiful to me. It has to be the amazing vetiver,which I enjoy to my soul,and vetiver can give the impression of dust. I mean this is in a very good way. It smells like a green forest dust. This impression makes it very mystical to me,and makes me feel that this perfume has an amazing 1000 year old soul,so very wise and full of passion and knowledge.(Oh, and jasmine can also give the impression of lovely dust)

This scent with only a few notes has such an amazing story.
It speaks of breezes,and light,almost intangible things,and it whispers thick with dusty vetiver grass.

This is why I truly feel many hearts and noses would enjoy this perfume. One heart will feel the fresh air sweet softness,and one heart will respond and feel the deep wise earth grass.

jrova
jrova

At first, when I sampled tihs fragrance at a department store...i wasnt sure...all I got was alcohol and jagermeister. I dont kknow, it just smells exactly like a licorice liquor and jagermeister is exactly what I was thinking as I smelled it. But a couple of inutes later, it was magic. Smells so different, unique, sexy and feminine. Love this fragrance Have good memories associated with it. Love!!!

Zuuus.p
Zuuus.p

Hm..the drydown is soooooo beautiful..delicious creamy vanilla..but in the opening, I´ve found something strange, something bothers me and I´m sad about it because the drydown is really gorgeous!!:/

Anup
Anup

My mother used to manage a Lancome stand when i was 14-17, so i am very familiar with most of their recent fragrances.
When this came out i was given TONS of hypnose homme vials, and never really enjoyed them.
I DID however sneak some of her Hypnose Femme vials frequently! ;) This is a primarily sweet fragrance featuring nuances of creamy florals, and soapy rough vetiver.

The top:

I get a mildy acidic bergamot, and mandarin orange rind(a generic start for many fragrances), and a harsh miasma de aniseed! :O
If you're thinking the same thing i am, you'd be thinking this is VERY confusing already!...Almost Hypnotizing!!!
*creepy hand shaking, along with wiggly fingers*

The middle:

The heart of Hypnose is primarily owned by an extremely powdery hard jasmine! Not that i mind, as i mention in many of my other reviews, i am a jasmine ADDICT!!!
So if you are turned off by jasmine, head for the bloody hills with this one! Along side the Jasmine, i get a crazy dirty soapy vetiver, which is sort of like a good friend to the jasmine.
Telling it to count to 10 before it blows a fucking floral gasket!!!

The base:

While being extremely vannilic, it is also remarkably barfy...Which isn't a bad thing.
It's very VERY radiant...in all the WRONG ways, but smells completely RIGHT for this. Hey don't say I didn't fuckin' tell you this wasn't confusing.
It's ok i'll see you in counseling soon.
In the meantime, go out and enjoy this fragrance.
Hell maybe even buy a bottle, it's pretty good!

:EDIT:
I had NO idea Annick Menardo had her hands in this, but now that i look at it, i'm glad i hadn't gone into this review with a biased opinion! She is the MASTER of sweetness!

ALL HAIL ANNICK

I approve

Smell: 7.5
Longevity: 8
Sillage: 10

vallin
vallin

boring vanilla. doesnt work on me. smelled it on girl who i studied with. worked good on her - was kind of fresh. on me its boring vanilla which i cant stand.recommend to spray it on body in store before buying and wait one day.

eva.90
eva.90

I love it! I am very picky when it comes to perfumes, but once I found Hypnose I never ever put any other. The only thing is that it doesn't smell so nice on everybody. But if it smells nice on your skin, men will ADORE it.

dido1974
dido1974

I like this perfume, but for me it is not a "WOW, how amazing smell"
Maybe because I love MORE heavy, sweet, oriental and woody fragrances.
Longevity on my skin very poor, 1-2 hours

madhatter1
madhatter1

Wow I need this! It seems to last, smells sophisticated and crisp like Armani Code. Sort of also reminds me of the vanilla notes in JS Fancy however lasts longer. Looking for a deal on this one.

lizaan
lizaan

I've had this bunch of testers just collecting dust at home so I decided to sit down and try them all, you never know when you'll find that perfect perfume.

I had about 10 of them and Hypnôse was the one impressing me the most, it's so beautiful and I don't think I've smelled anything like it before.

At the first spray I can smell a hint of liquorice and strong florals, this soon develops into a lovely fresh and clean smell which I love. Sweet and spicy, yeah but first of all it makes me think of newly washed and tumble dried white cotton bed linen.

I can smell the vanilla in it too, but it took me a while to detect it actually since this is not the typical vanilla you usually find in perfumes.

It's very crisp on me, and smells really clean. I just love it! I have to get this, but be careful tho at my first experience with this i sprayed a lil too much and it gave me a bit of a headache, but as long as you're light on the hand you should be fine.

Conacha
Conacha

I confess I bought Hypnose because it was on sale (a third of its usual price on my country... which means its the price you usually find in the US).
It starts fresh and crisp, but rapidly it turns into a creamy vanilla mixed with something else I can't put my finger on... is it the jasmine? is it the passionfruit flower? I don't know, but it isn't your usual Play-Doh vanilla.
It's sweet on my skin but not overly sweet. It's warm and gives you comfort, like your favourite sweater on a cold day in autumm. The thing that intrigues me the most is that it melts into your skin so you wear the fragrance and the fragrance doesn't wear you.
Is it oriental on me? I don't know, I don't feel "mystery" on it, but it is seductive. All I know is that when I smell it I feel happier.
It lasts a lot on my skin (I'd say 5 hours, and that's a lot for me!!) It can be an everyday scent perfectly or it could be the one you use on certain ocassions. I'd say it has a mature feeling on it, but I'm 23 and I love it.
Definitely for autumm and winter, could be too much for spring or summer.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

This perfume is classified as oriental vanilla and that's exactly what it is. The vanilla here is light and powdery, it doesn't have the syrup quality that we see in Kenzo Amour Indian Holi or Kenzo Amour Le Parfum for instance. This one is more like the original Kenzo Amour but with an intersting twist. It is extremely sweet. Same ball game as Dior Addict.

orchid_84
orchid_84

I really enjoy Hypnose. It is a thick, sweet, creamy vanilla-passionfruit scent. Very gourmand. A hint of smoky woodiness from the vetiver adds a little depth. I think in comparison to other vanilla-oriental scents out there, it's not at the absolute top of my list but it is still rather delicious.

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

OMG this is what I have been searching for! I literally have smelled every perfume in stores for the last 3 weeks, been back and forth a million times. Not sure how I missed this one before. But while at Ulta today I sprayed this one on me instead of on card and waited a bit to see what it was like. WOW this is like perfect in every way. Soft, sensual, little bit of sweet, little bit of that powdery, I just LOVE IT. It works wonders with my chemistry. I did not buy it right then and there, decided to wait even longer just to make sure it didn't change on me. After I got home I was still loving it, so went across the street to a Bon Ton store, and the smallest bottle they had was the 1.7oz for $59. Even though I love, didn't feel like spending that much, rather start small. So went over to Macy's instead. They had all 3 size bottles, smallest being $47 and then on the counter lay before my eyes was a gift set with the 1.7 oz perfume, and the matching shower gel and lotion for $59!! Well that baby was going with me! The girl even gave me a free cute little tote bag, and 5 free beauty items! I got 2 mascara's, 2 face moisturizers, and self tanning cream! Macy's had everyone beat on the deal!

**UPDATE** I actually ended up returning this one to Macy's. I wore one day and I felt the suffocated feeling as another person mentioned. I think it's because of the warmer weather. I still LOVE the scent, and will go back to get bottle of it in the fall/winter. I just could not justify keeping it right now when I was ultimatley looking for a summer frag, and it's too much money to keep buying so many!

I understand that many people like it and somehow it is quite attractive. By now there are some smell-a-likes for a cheaper price out there. For my personal wear it's too stinging sweet though.

tulpe
tulpe

adorable. elegant. sexy. sweet but not foody sweet. it has no age limit. wonderful, worth every penny ipayed for it.

AnaCezar
AnaCezar

Vanilla has always been my favorite note, so it was quite predictable that I would love this scent. In fact, Hypnose is one of top my favorites perfumes. It´s very gourmand, imo. Somehow it reminds me of marzipan without beeing oversweet. It resembes Hugo Boss Pure Purle (which has marzipan as a base note), but it´s lighter and less sweet. Vetiver provides a very sensual flow and passion flower makes it very delicate and feminine.
I have the EDT, and though it has a nice sillage, I have to reapply it sometimes along the day. Nevertheless, the EDP is too strong for me.

mandashell
mandashell

Um yeah my like for this has turned into a love. This is the ultimate fruity-vanilla-delight on my skin and it is so lovely. It starts off rather lemony but it isn't overly sweet or masculine, so chemistry is a key player with Hypnose. It has plenty of sillage but I don't find it overbearing and would even attempt to wear it in the summer. I also get only a hint of woods and vetiver which stop it from turning into a sticky-sweet-vanillac nightmare.

Some may reserve this for special occasions but I'd readily wear this anytime I felt like it. LOL! XD I can't get enough of that combo of Passion Flower and vanilla, so delish. I don't find it linear even though it isn't very complex. I love it just as it is and sometimes a fragrance doesn't need to be complex when it fits the bill perfectly! :)

Hypnose is pricey but worth it for the quality of ingredients and lasting power, which is a minmun of 8hrs on my skin. So, if you are looking for a fruity vanilla fragrance with a little bite then you may want to give it a try.

krissycat
krissycat

I really love this frag. I guess it agrees with my body chemistry because for me I tried on this and Hanae Mori today and where Hanae Mori had a note in it that bothered me just a bit and reminded me of Vanilla Fields by COty, Hypnose just smelled plain good. The vanilla in this is not straight up vanilla, its almost like I smell sparkling notes like a really good champagne.. something fruity and delicious in the top notes. Infact I like the top notes best. I almost wish I could spray it every half hour just so I can get the fresh top notes from the scent, because on dry down I don't really smell anything anymore. It doesn't last on me as long as I would hope but I get the same from Poeme which I also love the top notes. Maybe other people can smell me when I can't but I did not receive any compliments on it today. I just loved it very much.. it was a good scent for me to enjoy

ChickyC
ChickyC

A blind buy after reading so many positive reviews and being a vanilla lover thought i would love it but it just didn't work on my skin at all. A strange mixture of passion fruit and vanilla - with vetiver fighting it's way through. I tried to last as long as I could to let it settle but had to scrub it after 30 mins..and could still smell it 3 hours later. Oh well...next!

dadulka82
dadulka82

Hypnose is lovely, fresh and sensual fragrance.
I intend to use it in the summer/evenings
Love it and will buy it again

olga1780
olga1780

I adore this perfume. On me it smells so wonderful and lasts for hours. I mostly use it for special occasions, sillage is too great for casual use.

katherinahh
katherinahh

Why I didn´t find any special in this perfum ,I don´t know...It´s lovely, sweet, yes hypnotic...but doesn´t tell me anything more, maybe it ´s soo heavy to me

HeavenlyScent
HeavenlyScent

There's something very odd about this fragrance that I just can't put my finger on. Deep and dark vanilla with a strange twist. I liked it for the first year but now, I'm completely over it.

charlottesmom

This smells exactly like those scented magic markers, the purple one that smells of grape...in other words this perfume does not work on me. Although it did smell pretty nice after I scrubbed it off (after 3 hours of practically gagging). The tester strip smelled nice the second day and my jacket smelled nice the day after so obviously it's my chemistry. Oh well....

charlottesmom

Sparkybish, thank you for that laugh!!! I loved your review, I want to try Hypnose, hope my chemistry likes her better than your chemistry did. :0)

sparkybish
sparkybish

Dear Hypnose,

I don't know why we have to be mortal enemies, but we are. Everything you are about, all that makes you You, normal tickles my fancy in a big time way. But when I spray you on my skin, you bloom into this mega bomb of something I just can't be in the same room with. It's not you. You totally smell fine in the bottle and on other people. It's me. I make you smell funky. I am the problem in this relationship. And I feel bad, because even with our one arm stand, our brief encounter, you just want to linger. I try to push you away, but you cling. You give me a headache and make me feel a little funny in the tummy. But not in a sexy, intriguing way. So maybe, in some small way, it's a little bit about you too.

I'll always treasure our drive home from Ulta with the windows open in 34 degree weather.

Love, Maggie

melbritt24
melbritt24

A creamy, dreamy, sweet fragrance with heady vetiver in the opening and creamy vanilla in the dry down. The passionflower floats throughout. I love this fragrance at the opening but it dissipates too quickly on me.

I was given a sample at the Belk Lancome counter but never bothered to buy a bottle being that the scent just didn't have the staying power.

Update: I decided to buy a 1 oz bottle and perhaps my skin chemistry has changed, but this lingers nice if sprayed several times in the same spot. This is such a cozy and gentle scent!

4 STARS

froken
froken

Pure, soothing, wet. Deep as a long breath of a sleeping person. "Hypnose" is a cold-colored fragrance. It feels like you are looking at the reflection of the sky in a lake somewhere in the forest. Feminine? Yes. Saturated with deliberate sexuality and calm. I can't say it is a perfume for the evening wear, I mean special occasions, - it is too simple and light for evening time. Though the way the note of Passion flower waves around you - this vibration adds something eluding to this scent, something perfectly special.

NNN
NNN

I don't like monster sillages, excess of vanilla and sickening fragrances.
Based on the notes, I thought that I would hate Hypnose, but I couldn't escape from a lady selling this one today.
I must say I was pleasantly surprised. It's not that sweet and sickening, it's actually a warm vanilla, very agreeable and sexy.
Wouldn't buy it for myself, but it was a good surprise!

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

This one is sickeningly, syrupy sweet. It smells like a vanilla protein shake. Not a vanilla milkshake which smells rich and creamy, but a protein shake which is trying to replicate a vanilla milkshake but can't because of the added chemicals.

It also smells like a certain medicine. If Pepto-Bismol had a vanilla version, this would be it.

lafefe
lafefe

Four notes: Hypnose proves that for a masterpiece you don't need a complicated olfactory pyramid. Hypnose is a hate/love perfume, it's undoubtedly a beautiful fragrance that calls your attention. And deserves it. It's feminine, romantic, elegant, perfect for winter and spring, a very well done blend, rich and sensuous. I own many vanilla-based perfume but Hypnose is unique, I guess the winning choice was to add passion flower and enriching it with an exotic intoxicating twist. I'm discovering many new perfumes now but still Hypnose remains one of my favourite.

kawaiisha
kawaiisha

This perfume works if you want attention, cause it really grabs peoples attention, a bit fruity in a nice way. long lasting, but too common smell. still going to purchase it since i like the smell.

CurlyWurly
CurlyWurly

Oh what a wonderful fragrance. I don´t know why I didn´t like it for such a long time. Now it´s one of my favourites ever. It smells like creamed with an expensive and delightful bodylotion. Creamy and clean, fresh and feminine. I haven´t the right words for this perfume. Oh yes, just one word: STUNNING!

Ohkit
Ohkit

The most intoxicating (in a very bad way!) perfume. It smells like a horrible vanilla/mint/cough syrup mix on me. The worst part is that it lasts for an enternity. IMHO - one of the worst perfumes. Ever.

mjb28
mjb28

The opening was very strong, overly sweet, very floral and feminine you will probably like this, especially if you do like vanilla. At first I hated this perfume! I bought it in winter and it had no scent life whatsoever! I don't smell myself after few minutes at all. So I keep re-applying. And go to work. Strange thing happen. Everybody at work was complimenting how good I smell. I never thought that in those "no-smell moment" the fragrance was developing into something beautiful. The drydown is really heavenly. It is delicate, sweet, alluring, gently floral, and incredibly sexy. I was catched under its spell!

movs
movs

This is one of those perfumes where everything blends so perfectly that I find it hard to distinguish the single notes.
I know it sounds strange but to me this fragrance opens with sweet juicy blood orange, but this makes it in no way a citrus scent.
Passion flower adds fruity freshness to this fragrance in all it's stages and gives it an exotic twist while vanilla and jasmine create the most delicate warm base. It's so well balanced, not really floral but neither one of those pie-like vanilla scents. It's more like toffee and creamy jasmine.
I think this scent is so alluring and soothing that it will make you feel sexy just wearing it.

I don't see why you shouldn't wear this in the day time but because it is a very sexy scent, it would be obvious to use it an evening where you want to look and smell your best.

In 3 words: ALLURING - WARM - EXOTIC

jaa456
jaa456

It's good, I received it as part of a gift set. I would not repurchase. Too boring. It doesn't spill. It just hangs there. Lasts all day, I get lots of complaints when I wear it but I prefer something more interesting.

Christie171
Christie171

Hypnose-Lancome

There's no words to describe how much I love this marvelous masterpiece of a perfume. I'm not going to give a long review because I can go on and on about my love for this! Everytime I smell this on someone, I feel like making love to them!

Vamy69
Vamy69

I got the pleasure of testing this lovely perfume today at Macy's. To me this smelled like some sort of candy, cookie, cupcake or something I have smelled before or possibly eaten. LOL It is very creamy and very vanilla! I would almost classify this is a gourmand scent. I am actually shocked at myself because I do not own this yet as I am a HUGE fan of sweet gourmand perfume treats! This is for sure on my to get list. Just delicious!

rosabell
rosabell

This is definitely sweet and girly and feminine. I wanted to buy it a few years ago and changed my mind in the last minute. Now I am sorry I did not because I crave it and maybe it will be my first purchase this year.

Not a sillage monster but it has a decent longevity. To me it suggests a sunny perfect May afternoon, a delicious dress with great sandals, a clutch, an amethyst broch,blondie curls , a happy smile and pearl earrings. I can picture myself wearing Hypnose...

purrz11
purrz11

I agree, this reminds me alot of Love Spell by VS. I get the same grape note in both of them. This is more powdery to me. When I first sprayed it, I got a yummy grape bubblegum scent. Not bubblegum in a kiddie kind of way, just delicious. After a couple of minutes, I smelled lemony vanilla. Once it all settled down it smells soft, a little sweet, spicy, and floral. It's very nice, not overpowering. I like this alot!

OOOOHHHH!!!
My second review for Hypnose!
I love it so much that i can't stop talking about it!
I wish i could have the whole collection (+body lotion,+shower gel).
This fragrance is so me!
Sweet but elegant, floral but vanilla too!
Really complex and beautifull!
White flowers, beautifull nights, love and dreams...
So romantic and dynamique at the same time!
My favorite and my signature scent for ever!
I will always have at least one bottle at my collection!

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Perfume)

Imagine floating on the fluffy vanilla clouds… This is how HYPNOSE smells to me. This scent brings heavenly bliss of being in the land of happiness, just like the land in “Somewhere over the rainbow” song with its nostalgic feelings of being happy and enjoying simple things. There is no hint of darkness or unhappiness in this scent.

The opening brings the exotic passion flower with a hint of bergamot but the scent very quickly transforms into the creamy vanilla on my skin. It stays linear gourmand vanilla scent. Delicious, yummy and very edible…

I love vanilla scents but most of them tend to turn smoky and even leathery on my skin. This one stays as delicious vanilla cake all the way through. At the same time it smells quite sophisticated and expensive unlike so many sugar overloaded cheap vanilla creations on the market. The sillage and longevity is great.

andrada2003
andrada2003

I received it as a present for my birthday, last year. Sorry, not my fragrance at all... Too much vanilla, too much candies, I smell like a cheap cake. I tried it a couple of times, but never works. One of my colleagues is delighted when she smells it, maybe I'll give it to her.

teetee
teetee

no,sorry-
chewing gum. too sweet, too plastic, too --- fake.
can t really imagine where to wear it? too heavy to work, too sweet for night, too boring to have fun with it...

it is very remarkable sweet scent, in a wrong way for me, unfortunately...

toothfairy
toothfairy

Too sweet, too heavy, sickening smell of this perfume makes me feel giddy. Not for me,I don't like it. I want to get rid of it.Real Hypnose.

Angelstar
Angelstar

I absolutely adore this perfume!!!! I have worn it since it first came out and can't get enough of it. It is both fresh, on initial spray and then drys down to a lovely warm, creamy, soft fragrance. Very feminine. I have tried quite a few fragrances but nothing seems to have such good reaction with my skin chemistry. I am completely addicted.

Blimunda
Blimunda

Blessed be the day I sprayed this magical drops on my skin… For so many years I rejected it, underestimated it and pushing it away from me, because I thought of it as an uninteresting mainstream fragrance with a dull or even, I dare to say- ugly bottle, but I was so wrong as it’s everything except average.

It starts with strong juicy passion flower and after a couple of minutes of floating on the skin, it settles down, becomes rich in its joyful happy spirit, turns into warm and cozy scent, almost sunkissed, exotic, alluring, full of happiness to spread around. It has some flirty sweet bubblegum notes which make it the most immature adult fragrance, yet unique :P

This the one you could take with you on the deserted island.

I’m in love, I’m hypnotized….

bombonica
bombonica

I just love hypnose! Got it as a gift, I wanted it for 2 months. Love the top notes, the middle ones and especially the vanilla at the end... It has such a gorgeous silage. I will buy at least a 30 ml bottle a year, along with alien, ange ou demon le secret, armani code this fragrances are a must for me

sofiii
sofiii

Hypnose is a gem, if you really dislike it, maybe give it one year, and you might discover a whole new perspective to it. At least it happened to me. I couldn’t stand some peculiar weird spicy notes a in Hypnose and find it strong in a odd way, but when I’m re-trying it, I simply like it a lot.

Hypnose starts quite sweet, is like star anise, fruity bubble gum infused liquorice. Soon after this, the quasi-bubble gum sweetness with some subtle woody hint is quite dominant for a while, which is oh so lovely. This is not your ordinary plastic pink teen perfume bubble gum, it is sweet, but it’s not headache inducing to me. Somehow, it smells kinda similar to Love Spell by Victoria’s Secret; the difference is I find Love Spell really synthetic, kinda watery and headache-inducing after applying to my skin; but Hypnose smells similar but rounder, with more depth. Love Spell gives off a quasi-fresh vibe, but it actually leaves me no space to breath, but Hypnose simply hypnotise my senses and let me inhaling it in a quite comfortable and easy way. Hypnose is like a gorgeously perfumed Maison with its floor-length windows open in a late-spring warm night.

The dry down is warmer, more white-chocolatelized/caramelised in a high voltage sugary way, which somehow smells like a carefully blended Britney’s Fantasy and VS’s Love Spell, with a woodsy sweet undertone; but this is still hypnotising and I don’t feel the typical nauseous feeling when I smelt overly sweet perfume like Fancy. However, Hypnose’s dry down smell really similar to a bodyspray by Impulse, called London (about AUD $4), and this made me feel somehow economically, it’s unnecessary to purchase a bottle from Lancome.

I used to like Hypnose Sense a lot and hated Hypnose, however at this stage, I would highly recommend Hypnose to anyone 20+ who likes sweet perfume, because I find Hypnose has more personality while being a sweet perfume. Hypnose can be quite a heavy-duty perfume in my opinion. Applying with a light hand, it could be great for daytime, and maybe one more spray, it will be suitable for a night out too.
To those who are not a huge fan of sweet perfumes (me too) but would like to use something sweet occassionally, I would say Hypnose is a decant-worth or miniature-worth perfume to keep.

rainydays
rainydays

This is 100% Licorice on me. Sweet, strong, licorice, like the pungent black candy with an incomparable bite and strength to it. Not as heavy on the vanilla as I expected. I can definitely see how so many people would view this as seductive, but it's a little too "playful" to be sexy, in my opinion. Still a very nice scent!

Nat13
Nat13

I love this scent, yet somehow feel if I went for a large bottle (I have a mini) that I would be finding it repulsive before geting to the end of it. I'm only going to wear this one very occassionally so I enjoy it when I do.

I was first inspired to road test this on freezing cold rainy day, and really did feel all snuggled up in my nice fluffy jumper and Hypnose. It has a warmth to it that is just comfortable to having wrapped around you in contrast to external conditions.

The vanilla is definately there, but I am not getting a lot of the other notes people have detected. To be honest, I think of those pink star shaped musk sticks when smelling this.

Yep, that's it, pink musk sticks in a Mc Donalds vanilla soft serve ..lol.

On the down side, whilst it clings a couple of days to fabrics, it only lasts a couple of hours on my skin.

greek_goddes

I'm on the third bottle already.
So feminime, seducive and sweet! I love this fragrancy!!!
It reminds me of beautiful winter nights. Definetely good for gift.
I can clearly smell the sweet vanilla and the passion flower.
The only thing that i don't like is the price.

tjupp
tjupp

Hypnose is hands down my favourite Lancôme perfume. I find the sweet vanilla not too overpowering and can definitely smell a touch of liquorice and wood. It's a sexy, yet sophisticated scent for a confident, warm and modern woman.

vtothek
vtothek

I had recently tried Hypnose on again and couldn't help but think of another scent it reminded me of, but what? My mind was blank. Then I realized it - Hypnose is very vanilla heavy with a faint whiff of something anise-like in the base, it smells like the grown up version of Heiress. While I always enjoyed Heiress because it was different smelling compared to other drug store perfumes, it was far too 'bubblegummy' and childish to wear. Hypnose on the other hand is perfect, a more mature version with the same sweetness. The scent is very sweet, but not in a candy type way. There is a distinct sharpness to it (probably the vetiver) that makes it seem more complex. It's very distinctive and perfectly blended. I'm so glad to have finally realized how much I like this fragrance.

I uses to think it's too heavy and I never go to test it,because I don't like heavy perfumes.but when I tested it on my skin I realized what I was missing!
I always wanted to have one of lancome perfumes and though I liked o oui,miracle forever and magnifique,Hypnose has been the best so far.
on the other hand my lolita was broken and I wanted to have a gourmand perfume for winter as the empty place of lolita in my wardrobe.
going to the notes,to me it smells likes pure vanilla,but in a sophisticated way.sometimes I think I smell something like ice cream which is both delicious and sexy.
whatever it is,it's not heavy.on my skin the silage is average.surprisingly it doesn't last very much on my skin either.maybe it's my skin,because most of vanilla perfumes don't last on me much.still I like it very much and I like hypnose homme very much too.the bottle matches the name well.it's almost a precious.

Martika
Martika

I love Hypnose's sweet but not nauseous vanillic sillage. I just finished my 2nd bottle of Hypnose. For someone like me who own lots of perfumes to finish a bottle is a huge achievement. I rarely get to the end of my bottles, I guess that says it all. This perfume is a big favorite, it screams all over "me"!!!

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

The passionflower in Hypnose is simply divine! It smells tropical and somewhat fruity without any of the sticky, gooey mess of stone fruits or the hysterical sweetness of pineapple or the predictability of coconut.

And its tropical sweetness persists down to the base where it is joined by a light and fluffy vanilla, foamy and pavlova-like in texture.

As for the vetiver, I didn't really pick up much but I do think it contributed to the overall summertime feel of the perfume and kept it from becoming too sweet or generic.

Hypnose would make for a very pleasing summertime fragrance for me as it was so incredibly light and uplifting when I was wearing it in the heat on the weekend.

vetiver
vetiver

Dear Aysu! i thought i was the only person that gets lavander in this scent! i find this perfume very weird, i feel a lot of lavander and green notes drenched in vanilla syrup!!! just weird...i don´t like it!

Aysu

It is a very sweet scent, with vanilla as the most dominating note.. But for me, vanilla is not yummy or edible or gourmand here. It is quite sharp!! I don't know what makes it smell so sharp but I feel some strong notes like anise, lavender or licorice, although none of them are listed.. Or maybe the use of vetiver is too much... Whatever it is, It smells exactly like sweet men's cologne, not very feminine, in my humble opinion.

noharadwan
noharadwan

lancome has made a heavenly perfume .. hypnose ... its definitely the olfactive family i like .. oriental vanilla , i believe its similar to THE ONE D&G, its sweet smelling which dry down to a wonderful woody vanilla .. i am so happy i had it

cocolollobrigida
cocolollobrigida

i dunno why many people love this perfume. it smells so bad! there is a heavy vanilla smell but it doesnt smell like 'normal' vanilla,it is so sickly. and i can not see any difference among 'Hypnose' and other cheap smells that lasts for hours but make sick people and make headache to people. but lots of people love sweet perfumes and they dont care what their perfumes include. maybe this perfume can be loveable for 'em.

KATeriCOS
KATeriCOS

Hypnose is a scent of the sheer luxury. It's sweet and sexy, elegant and provocative. It's a statement.
I know many women seem to have a problem wearing it because it's so "recognizable" but it's only a matter of confidence. The wearer MUST compete with the beauty and richness of this perfume in order to make it her own. You have to DARE wear it.
I'm deeply in love with this fragrance. Bravo Lancome! A true masterpiece in 3 fragrance notes.

floszra
floszra

I have to rewrite my rewiev.:)
Hypnose was one of my most hated scents... But guess where have I ended up... I'm going to buy it.:P I made a mistake when I tested only Hypnose EDP instead of EDT. I still don't like the EDP version (it's too quintessential for my taste), but the EDT and the sheer version are really clean, unique and amazing.:) Great lasting power though.:)

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Seeing now what the fragrance notes are, I have to say I get almost nothing but vanilla. Normally vanilla is my best friend in a fragrance, but this just didn't work for me. I get a definite powdery iris. This is pleasant and light, but seems like something a new mother would wear.

secretcrush
secretcrush

I picked this one up at a deep discount when I was going to school... I liked it enough but I kept picking up anise or some kind of spice that wasnt agreeing w/ my chemistry... A classmate of mine adored this everytime time I wore it 2 class and needless 2 say I gave her my bottle foolishly. I now know that the element was most likely patchouli, which I do like in moderstion...

scent_lover
scent_lover

This perfume means a lot to me.... well, I think that it is just a little sweet, something like a jasmine and vanilla mixture to me. well, at least that is what feels after 2 hours on my skin. very feminine very sophisticated and very cozy without lacking seduction. I think it is definitely a fall-winter perfume. A very good choice for a sophisticated woman! ;)

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

People smell the air for more when You wear HYPNOSE By LANCOME.It is the Perfect Representation of Lavish Style and Modern Shapes. You can feel Cozy and Comfortable when wearning it. Sweet,Romantic,Feminine,Vanillic, Sophisticated,Hypnotic,Warm and Undeniable Seductive.

An Audacious Fragrance that blends dazzling Oriental and Woody. Sweet opening like Caramel.The Heart is Charming and The base notes is a Rich and Heavy combination By Vanilla and Vetiver that sit Calmly,Radiation Warmth and Sweetness that i find to be quite Special.

Great for Every Romantic moment in a woman's life. when You wear it makes you feel Super Special.I definitely suggest it to a Elegant Lady between 30/40 Years old.HYPNOSE is also Suitable for AUTUMN/WINTER Eveninigs.it conjured up a Romantic Dinner for two by candlelight in my mind

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?It is one of the best part this EDP for me.

Thank You LANCOME.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

God Almighty!!! Oriental woody????? You must be joking, the fragrance is purely gourmand!!!!!
The fragrance is about vanilla, licorice and a hint of vanilla generously sprinkled with licorice :-)
I am a gourmand fragrances fan but Hypnose makes me feel I am swimming in a pool filled with vanilla and licorice extract. (even though licorice is not listed I can clearly smell it!!!!)
It is a shame as I was so looking forward to smell something more, a passionflower or vetiver and got none of these :-(
I must say Hypnose smells like a very sheer and misty version of Kenzo Elephant to me.
It is nice, but for God's sake - too much licorice! I wouldn't tell no difference if I poured the whole bottle of liquid licorice-vanilla cake flavouring on me!!!
Hypnose is more winter fragrance than summer one :-) loveable, but if you are not a gourmand freak like me - you may pass this one as you will not like it, that is for sure.

Fides
Fides

Passionflower - not very detectable.
Vetiver - not very detectable.
Vanilla - all over the place - yes, very detectable.

Very linear, simple - vanilla, creamy and fresh (it figures, cloying vanilla would probably be lethal for lot of us). So, nothing much to say, vanilla is more than obvious, if you like it/love it, go and buy this perfume, and don't ask about the price.
Hate vanilla? Run for your life.

dina
dina

I've been wanting to buy this perfume for 2 years now and each time I go to purchase it, I end up buying something else :) Now that it has been mine since yesterday, I can tell it starts with Guava notes for the 1st 10 min (it's the Edt version not Eau Legere though) then the Passion flower takes over with lovely sweet notes. The dry down smells a bit coconut(y) to me, I guess it's the vetiver and vanilla combination.
IMO, this fragrance has multiple facets:
it's very feminine with a just a slight of masculine side (vetiver), it's fresh while being sweet/gourmand; it could be worn any time, any place. I love it :)

lilygreen
lilygreen

This is the only Lancôme fragrance I can tolerate aside from Miracle. The vanilla note is what I smell the most and the vetiver and passionflower notes keep it from being too sweet/candy-like. "Sweet" to me is Aquolina Pink Sugar...a literal candy smell. I like vanilla when it borders between warm/nutty and sweet :)

Annica
Annica

Hypnose is really delicious. I have it but I don´t use it frequently. There is something missing..... Unlike other oriental-woody perfumes I have tested this scent doesn´t develop on my skin. It´s the same smell from beginning to end. For that reason, I think it´s rather bland. I guess that it´s my bodychemistry.

Maki
Maki

My sister in law wears this scent and she absolutely adores it.
I like it for the fact that she enjoys it so much, but wouldn't buy it myself (accept if it would be for her).
Although I do get the idea, I find it a bit too outspoken. I'd recognize it on anyone.
It's a mesmerizing and mellow scent if I'd wanna describe it, little too sweet and candy-like for me though.

alexanna7
alexanna7

Love the orchid vanilla,vetiver,passion flower in it!It's different,feminine,soft and strong at the same time. It's a unique scent that's worth to be discover! Love it!

StephD

This is the second time I write a review for this, but ohh my I can't explain how much I love this perfume! It's summer here, so it would be slightly too heavy for the season, but I am looking forward to the fall, just so that I can start wearing it again! Beautiful scent- sophistacted, mysterious, cozy, sensual... perfection.

ahmed ehab
ahmed ehab

OH MY MY MYYYYYYYY !!!!!!! what a lovely sexy delicate SENSUAL perfume !!!

this on the right woman is literally lethal !!

CAUTION ! : sensual sex bomb coming your way !!!

i would kill for this amazing smell :D

lancome is officially a master perfume house :D LOVE IT

Rouu
Rouu

ADORE IT , its comes in a very sweet warm feminine scent on my skin
very warm and gourmand nuances. i was expecting somthing heavier and stronger however i get surprised by that sweetness,delicate and tender scent!
the bottle itself is so nice and promising

seeing the short notes was strange comparing with the complex warm aura i faced tons of vanilla and sweet nots on my skin
its very wearable classic fragrance, gained more complements on that one ..but the strangest was ohhh wiiii you smell like a sweet piece of gum
love it and i'll always luve it

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

This perfume does not come out sweet or fruity on my skin what-so-ever. I adore it! It is truly hypnotic. As with most scents, you need to try it on your skin to see if it melds well with your personal chemistry. On me, the vetiver is dominant. I do not get any fruit notes at all and was shocked to discover there was passion fruit in the fragrance. It is the perfect winter fragrance. My children and cats LOVE this smell. It is cozy and is the olfactory equivalent of your favorite fall sweater. It even has slight nods towards men's cologne which to me signify's strength, comfort, protection and safety. This pairs up well with Bath and Body works Warm Vanilla Sugar products, especially the lotion which will make the scent adhere to winter dry skin better and leave the faintest whiff of you and your amazing delicious scent where-ever you go. I think this stays quite close to the body and does not create a silage that would be overwhelming to anyone. Bravo Lancome!

Veroronnieronron
Veroronnieronron

This is not generic, it is instantly recognizable, but it seems to be pretty popular so theres a danger of smelling like everyone else! I do wear it, but its not a signature scent. Very long lasting, though.

guest_Me
guest_Me

OK, now this is one perfume I have something against. What is it. I do like the smell of it as well as the packaging and the medium strenght. But to me the whole thing seems to be an idea which could go somewhat further. It may be flat or a bit shallow or the mix of common and predictable ingredients. I do not know.

poly1979
poly1979

es uno de mis perfumes favoritos tan dulce como los caramelos de anis, es elegante y distinguido, es para ocasiones especiales o para cuando te quieres sentir especial, siempre que lo llevo me preguntan cual perfume uso y lo bien que huele.

Giovanna
Giovanna

What a nice surprise! A few years ago, I hated! this perfume, however, last week I smelled it on somebody else at a teater, loved that smell and knew it was hypnôse! Few days later, went to smell it on a perfume store,and yesterday I got it with the body cream and body shower! My boyfriend loved the smell and I found a new favourite!

Edited: My boyfriend only complimmented hypnôse on the day I bought it...I still love it however!

guest_Giovanna
guest_Giovanna

misswhite130
misswhite130

I've never known such a scent! on me, i love it. yet on some people, it smells horrible! i guess it all depends on you chemistry. but my father does say it smells like malibu, which isn't too far from the truth, but what do men know? personally, i like it. it's different, but be careful! try a tester before you buy!

gesch
gesch

Hypnose is a wonder-bomb with the right body-chemistry and the scent of vanilla/passionflower:
my sister wears it, loves it herself, I love it on her, guys love it on her.
If I just smell it on clothes, or esp. me, I feel sick - this perfume then has the same nauseating effect on me that "Emotion Devine" by Mauboussin had .
My conclusion: no scents with passionflower (maybe together with vanilla) for me.
Maybe that counts for others too?

adele l
adele l

I love nearly every variation of oriental, but this one has the same hideous accord that is present(for me) in opium, giorgio bev hills, tabu and youth dew. i even enjoy many strong and challenging fragrances-but this one is a scrubber

ajbww
ajbww

i love this perfume, it smells so lovely and yummy and relaxing and i think it suits me very nicely. my 4 year old daughter always says "you smell nice mum"!
its live a clean fresh vanilla not a sickly sweet vanilia
i love vanila scents

belletresor
belletresor

Lancome seems to be perfecting the art of the super-sweet fruity fragrance. Perhaps it is my body chemistry, but this never developed into more than a very, very sweet, "in your face" perfume.

I guess the main note is vanilla, but it is such a strong vanilla that it smells just like a fruity pineapple drink that I had while on my last caribbean cruise (minus the yummy rum). I really wish the vetiver made more of an appearance, since I think it's sweet, herbal, woody-ness would offset the overdose of vanilla.

I had high hopes and tried it twice, but it never developed into anything more than sweet, sweet and more sweet. I also noticed it smelled quite like a man's cologne after it ran its course, 4-5 hrs later.

Too bad - the bottle is indeed beautiful!

deeper_shallow
deeper_shallow

I finally remembered to sniff this at the perfume shop today - I became somewhat infatuated with Hypnose Senses last year, and thought it a bit dumb that I had no idea what the original smelled like.

As soon as I sprayed it, my first thought was "so here's where they stole the scent for the PROFFS brand hairspray!" Seriously, it smells exactly like the hairspray we used in our high school plays (I was the make-up director), or, well, the hairspray most everyone used here from the mid-80's onwards. (Swedes, you know which one I mean. Tall, hot pink bottle. Could keep your hair in place through a hurricane.) The happy, super-fruity smell brought back a lot of fond memories, but I'd rather not wear it on my skin.

And then I came home and realized that Hypnose came out ten years after the hair spray. I'm not sure what to make of this information.

a.k.a.warum
a.k.a.warum

I remember spraying it on paper in the store and liking it instantly. I thought of it as a soft floral. On my skin there weren't any flowers, only sweets! The beginning smelled to me like purple hard candy, lemon + grape or lemon + blackberry, and then it settled into vanilla. It's nice, but it's not my style since I like my vanilla to be mixed in with things. Won't let it play solo in my script!

ChemistRhi
ChemistRhi

This is gorgeous. Got it before I used to obsess over every note; to me then it just smelled like a sweet sugary sensual delicious smell. :-) and still does!

It's really unique, long lasting, brill sillage, sexy and sensual. That's all I can say!

augustana_evangeline
augustana_evangeline

I get a very classical white floral oriental vibe from this scent......not for me, but would be lovely on the right chemistry.

although I must say ,the bottle is very much like that of the old Guess bottle, if the other thread in Vintages is right.....?

When Lancome's HYPNOSE first arrived on the scene, my initial reaction was that some clever perfumer had added vanilla to AROMA CALME, put it in a smaller, more elegant bottle, and called it "eau de parfum".

Looking now at the notes, my impression wasn't all THAT far off. Here's the equation:

(rose + iris + cedar) + vanilla =
passion flower + vetiver + vanilla!

I am not entirely convinced that vanilla-saturated rose + iris + cedar would smell exactly like HYPNOSE, but they are both minimalist, linear scents--and they are both purple!!!!

I don't mean to suggest that I do not like HYPNOSE, because I do: only about one quarter of my 1.7oz edp remains. I think that this is a fine, creamy vanilla floral, albeit one with somewhat mediocre staying power, at least on my skin... The bottle is really something to behold--and hold--though!

kristina_vili
kristina_vili

Unbelievable,adorable,awesome scent.Unfortunately its too popular and allmost every second girl has it.But nevermind I Still Love it.

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

It took me a while to warm up to this one, but when I finally did, I just fell in love. It reminds me so much of L'Heure Bleue! I think I first tried in 2007 at a Lancome counter, and it seemed oddly sweet, like an overripe fruit (vetiver and banana, maybe). I even wondered how on Earth could anyone ever wear that. I insisted a few more times on other occasions to no avail. Fast-forward two years, and something drew me to it again. This time around, it just stopped me in my tracks! I obtained two samples and wore them to death to make sure I wasn't mistaken. Nope, I was officially in love! This scent is sweet and cool, but with a steamy sexiness about it somehow. It smells like black liquorice candy, which may not sound very elegant, but trust me, it is. Cool, composed and sexy. Very coquettish. I now own a large bottle and I think this could become a classic.

danimcneil
danimcneil

I think i really like hypnose. i think... I mean, have you ever had one of those scents where you just dont quite "get it"? At first, i didnt immediately like it cuz i thought i smelled anise in it, and then a lot of nice vanilla and vetiver. The next time a wore it, it smelled like a bit of orange peel over a very "dior hypontic poison-esque" scent. after that feeling for a a while, i went out and bought a 1 oz sized bottle. Now all i seem to smell is the white of an orange (the part between the peel and fruit) and a little bland vanilla. So i think i need to keep using it to really understand Hypnose. I do think it is a summer scent on me. Hypnose is a very fresh vanilla. I will re-review if i come to an understanding with this scent. ;)

zvoncica
zvoncica

The first thing that came to my mind smelling Hypnose is: Lancome keeps making possible new classics.

The receipt for this is moderate amount of vanilla with flowers and woodsy notes. It s not so powdery as many vanilla perfumes tend to be, actually it is tiny bit creamy and above all joyful. Oh, and fresh!

Hypnose is casual perfume I think it makes perfect comfort in rainy and sad days. The Up Lifter might be its second name. It is like an older sister to Senses…grown, smart and wise. Remindes on Miracle, not by olfactory reasons but with its likeability and difference from other perfumes out there.
Thumbs up for Hypnose.

taylor
taylor

i think this i nice fragrance for both day and night. i love vanilla in fragrances and powdery scents. this one has a sparkling note to it and it has great lastingpower.
i also find it unique, it´s not like any other perfum i´ve ever smelled.

This is one vanilla-based fragrance which I find utterly breath-taking.

Hypnose is yummy and sweet without being overwhelming. This has no where near the same strength as Fantasy or Pink Sugar, to my nose this is light and much more grown up.

This is spicy, but only mildly so. Hypnose is mostly soft and slightly powdery vanilla, jasmine, passion flower, vetiver and bergamot.

I find this fragrance to be one of those scents that smell better on the skin rather than paper. On the skin it becomes very warm and soft, however on paper it can be rather sharp.

The lasting strength and sillage are good, but I must advise you all that this fragrance should not be over-applied. Hypnose would make a lovely fragrance for the colder months and special occasions, however I would wear this casually myself.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

Very sugary!!! I was quite suprised that Lancome would create such a sugary scent, its alot like Pink Sugar by Aqualina to me. Very light. Its not one of my favorites but it is agreeable to my nose.

StephD

I got this because my boss always wears it. The scent is absoltely amazing... it reminds me of a crisp, clean vanilla, with a touch of anise. It smells like candy as well. The staying power is very good, I like to spray it on my clothes the night before I will wear them, that way the scent is more rounded out. This is definately one of my favourite perfumes. It's good for day because it smells clean, yet it's perfect for night because the vanilla makes it very sexy and will turn heads. It smells very similar to 'Ange ou Demon'.

michelle23
michelle23

One of my all time favorite perfumes! It's literally hypnotizing, and I've been told it smells like those yummy green and white frog candies! mmm!

carolfonte
carolfonte

This is a very chic and sensual perfume.
Perfect for a date or maybe just a night out.
It didn't last long on my skin, though.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

If sexy could be put in a bottle, I would say this is it. Incredibly simple yet fascinating, classic vanilla turned exotic, it just screams confidence in a woman. The best of Lancome, it's a turn on;every time I wear it, somebody hits on me! Really hypnotic, I give it a 10!

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

The beginning was a bit nauseating for me. It smelled like a combination of hairspray and children's vitamins. It took an hour for it to settle down enough for me to "like" it. It's still powdery, but it has changed from being a "cool" scent, to a slightly warmer-toned scent. It was powdery at the beginning, but now it's like a very powdery-soft floral-fruity-infused sugar. The drydown is much more bareable, but I don't know if I'll want to buy a bottle of this quite yet.

PORSCHA
PORSCHA

I love the woody vanilla base of this perfume, and the subtle jasmine.. It's definetaly a seductive,alluring scent. It stays on for hours and smells even better when it settles. It is a very different, unusual, mysterious perfume.
Smells amazing, both day & night, It deserves to be in my perfume collection.
If you like woody orientals, than this one is for you.. I dont find it to be as heavy & strong as some other woody orientals I own, it's a subtle woody oriental.

Snoo
Snoo

I owned this but I have to say I wouldn't try this again, probably because it doesn't fit me.
Nonetheless, it is a great perfume for the proper wearer - I just don't feel sexy in it.

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

hypnose is like a clean blanket warm out of the dryer. it's so warm and inviting that it actually feels plush. usually, i don't like fragrances that could be described as clean because it makes me think of words like fresh or light. those are never descriptive of my favorite scents, and, despite my use of the word clean, do not fit hypnose either. my favorite part of hypnose is that i smell anise with the vetiver, and it is the perfect amount and sort. i would say that it less sweet and candied than in lolita lempicka, but not as straightforward as in anisia bella. the whole scent feels very balanced and natural like it is pretty without trying too hard. to me, that makes it much easier to wear and appreciate.

taydev
taydev

i tried this on during my lunch break today and i loved it. it was strange tho because either my scenses were off, my body chemistry had an effect on the scent, or it might have been the weather, but the drydown turned sumwhat fresh like chance fraiche on me. It may have had a lot to do with me going back to work in a sweaty sticky muggy warehouse. it didnt smell bad though but yes this is preferably for cold weather nights

moonruby
moonruby

This reminds me of Armani Code for Women, and many have commented that Armani Code is the knock off version of Lancome Hypnose. I find this to be a much sharper version.
Its creamy vanilla scent come off nasty when sprayed on.

glitteralex
glitteralex

This perfume typifies what happens to a potentially very good scent when there is NO QUALITY BASE OR FIXATIVE. The notes-vanilla, vetiver, fleeting lilac, jasmine, woods-are all there, making me want to like them. Despite being strong in presentation, and possessing decent longevity, even in the EdP this frag is "skinny" in the way the Armani Code (w) is. They are scents for women who want something mysterious but are afraid to commit completely. They have an ethereal but unimpressive aura.

Tomorrow I will layer it with Molinard Vanilla soliflore and report back.

Sassy1
Sassy1

When I first got my bottle, the top broke and I spilled a few drops on me...omg! Can a perfume be any stronger? For the rest of the day, all I could smell (and everyone around me could smell) was a super sugary sweet artificial vanilla. I've actually added some musk in an attempt to tone it down. If that doesn't work, this one's a giveaway or trash.
Update: to the trash it goes...I wore this one day and my husband complained the couch pillow smelled like some kind of cleaning fluid or bleach. I let him smiff my scents and this was the one. He hates it so it's gotta go. I like Wish better anyway...

burnt_tyre
burnt_tyre

The simplicity is his advantage.
I adore smells with the synthetic note. Here I smell it
- my nose is interpreting it as the fragrance of banana condoms, of latex.
And there is this very sexual and unique impression!

Perfume is excellent.
cheerful, energy and remarkable in the warm day.
They are a little bit truculent and as playful as the teenager with the pink bubble gum, but I like it in them.
with cool evening are able to change their role:
then they are seducing, they are surrounding with mist of the sensory warmth.
It is unbecoming to say about it he is universal, so I will say it is excellent "smell - chamaeleon".
The smell is giving back character of the real woman in the unpretentious, light and funny way
- not snobbish but also not infantile.
I know that they are creating this smell: Vanilla - Vetiver - Passion Flower.
But my nose smells it this way:
notes of the head are a juicy apple with something exotic.
middle notes are a bubble gum.
and notes of the base: the warm vanilla, the latex, the banana and the milk.

Hypnose is one of my favorites for warm days of the summer time.

lynnroo
lynnroo

it is really tempting and it has a depth that makes you wanna explore it. at first try i thought i found the scent i've been looking for since armani night got discontinued (it was my dream fragrance) but after an hour and a half it started to get annoying. considering that i get bored of scents very easily (especially the sweet ones) i couldn't imagine buying the whole bottle. maybe it needs to be lighter or vitalized a little.

sharyssa
sharyssa

This is a seductive sexy scent and my boyfriend will tell you that! He loves when I wear this and so does my boss ( a male) on my job.But I like this one alot it smells so exotic and powdery sweet one of my absolute favorites!

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

My Lancome favourite,i feld so feminine and good smelling when i wore this.There is something that reminds me of Boucheron Trouble,which i also love but it doesnt have that citrus note like trouble.A must have for vanilla lovers!

marad
marad

I haven't tested this perfum just until today!Though it's a pretty hot day today and Hypnose is supposed to be a winter perfum I can still smell its perfect scent on my skin. I love it!

sky76sky

I have to hold up my hands & say that I was wrong.....Hypnose has snuck its way in to my heart & is now part of my collection.

I really am not a lover of overly sugary perfumes - & this one is sweet - but I have learned that its beauty is in its simplicity.

It left a soft, vanilla-warm, powdery veil on my skin & clothes...the vetiver had just enough woody, depthiness to keep it elegant & the sugar toned down.

My sample vial was quickly finished but my nose kept finding the scent lingering on my clothes & pillow...& I missed not being able to wear it. Now I own it I have grown very fond of wearing it at night, & as my sleeping perfume.

Hypnose is not a boudoir-belle, or a brazen hussy with hungry eyes....she will take her time to seduce you slowly with her soft butterfly kisses, gentle caresses & a knowing smile.

I'm happily hooked :)

katyas
katyas

I have been interested in this perfume for some time and was finally able to test it a few days ago - this is just a lovely, lovely fragrance. For some reason, even though there apparently isn't any in the scent notes, I got lilac from it - soft, powdery lilac. Sweet and gentle, not overpowering, just very soft and nice. I definitely have this on my "must have" list now.

Russian
Russian

After a totally negative review posted here,i have to say I changed my mind.Yesterday I sprayed hypnose on my wrist and i tried to smell it from time to time.
First - It is a very lasting fragrance!
Second - It is a very sweet and conforting,alluring scent.Very warm,I guess it would suit a long night blue dress.
I guess this fragrance should match 100% your skin type if you want to wear it.On me it smelled a lot worse that on my friend - cheap- like,as i mentioned before,but on her was wonderful- very sexy and unique.

Aalia
Aalia

The passion flower note is bitter, grassy at first here; and seems more like a citrus note rather than a floral note. Raw passion fruit itself is extremely acidic, perhaps passion fruit, and not passion flower, is in use here? After a few applications the passion flower becomes distinct and palatable, but it varies back and forth from passion flower -to pure passion fruit. With a few applications the jasmine intensifies and a touch of the vetiver arises. The vanilla is forward and ever present. I do love simple scents, and this one has merits of a unique combo of notes and itś very pleasing and clever at the same time. The perfume just does not match the packaging or advertising campaign. The perfume is not tantric or hypnotizing, I cannot lose myself in the scent, and itś too light for others to smell- so I doubt I can seduce or enchant someone while wearing it. This perfume is not incredible or amazing-itś delicate, elegant, charming, adorable, and pretty.

sky76sky

Totally agree with Belle de Sud - if you like the idea of iced passionflower, with vanilla icecream & only a touch of vetiver then go for the women's version.

If you find all that a bit too sugary-sweet & lacking in depth, try the men's version. Very classy & far more interesting.

EvelynDFrech
EvelynDFrech

Vanilla, I could never use this one. On me it turnes to sugar. I have used it with another perfume to make a sweet touch to the scent (just a drop, not sprayed)It's a bit boring.

OZ
OZ

It's a nice fragrance, smells very sweet and pretty light for me. It smells kinda sexy, I used to wear it everyday but some how I don't like it much right now, I wonder why...

Annie_D
Annie_D

For a very simple fragrance with few notes, it is quite complex it is ever changing on me. At first it blasts me with passion fruit then it fades to have a nice powdery touch. I can't quite decide if I want it or not, because it seems the scent can't make up its mind during the dry down. The vetiver comes out a little strong and with the passionfruit is smells wrong...can't describe it its just rotten almost. Then the vanilla drifts back and it makes it quite powdery and fruity at the same time. I don't know if I want the unstability. Maybe on other peoples skin it is different, but the scent is controversial on me. I love passion fruit so it might win me over in the end ;) I would try it first before buying because obviously it can be indecisive.

MoietToi
MoietToi

My friend uses this scent. Allthough it's described as heavy it smells like some kind of lollipop on her. Anyways I tried it on once it was not for me but it really suits her.

michellehii
michellehii

A gift from my boyfriend. I like this smell, it reminds me of a vacation.

My favourite perfume from Lancome. Very sexy with musky base, I thought it is designed for night use because of its strong vanilla and Jasmine. More to oriental smell. Suprised me because it is comfortable to be wore in the day. Loving this.

Trvevil
Trvevil

Loads of sugar with vanilla and passion flower. I guess passionflower is the one who gives this perfume that special smell. It's very delicious on me. It has quite pleasant sweetness, not loud, but never unnoticed. I guess it can be pretty heavy and lasting power is great. Base is really delicious, vetiver and vanilla is as good as vetiver in Agent Provocateur.
At the beginning I get passionflower that smells like it had a loads of sugar as well. Following heart note is my absolute favorite part- vetiver with passionflower on background- adds very woody feeling to it. Vanilla preciously softens it. Love this. I bought myself 1 oz bottle because it's so strong that I require 2 sprays maximum. Projection is very good and the sillage too.
The bottle is nice and interesting too. Lancome's Magie had similar bottle to this Hypnose bottle- I read that it was inspired by silhouette of a woman wearing kimono ^-^. Sprayer allows you to spray lightly, if you push sprayer fast and lightly.

gozgoz
gozgoz

Perfect for cold days...warm, chocolate-vanilly, a little bit spicy and fumigant(!). Reminds me my old favour obsession.

Zoya

I really like it. Great evening scent. Sweet and sensual. my boyfriend said i smell like Cremeschnitte. Its a good perfume, but be careful not put too much of this on, it can make you dizzy.

justine_gayle
justine_gayle

everybody around me hates it. but i love love love it! :) this will certainly make you feel sexy and confident! ;)

ktv0926
ktv0926

This fragrance is very memorable, it's one of those that are used like - "Oh, this smell reminds me Hypnose".
I had it and I loved it and will be happy to own it again.

kahokero
kahokero

I agree with tica. I think Hypnose is the best perfume by Lancome. It is strong, long-lasting and sweet. It is perfect for cold days and the bottle is beautiful. I didn't smell any woody notes, though.

tica
tica

In my opinion Hypnose is the best Lancome fragrance. I love it, an unique scent with great lasting power. I will definitely repurchase. Next time I will buy the gift set (body lotion, shower gel and perfume)

snobuni77

I have to give another review now that I have had this on for a while & sprayed it a few more times.

I take back that I said this was perfection in a bottle because now it gives me a headache.

Something in this takes away from the creamy vanilla that I smell in the background.It is like a powdery flower that I can't put my finger on.It's almost a sour scent but not a lemon sour.It doesn't smell natural though & it is very pronounced on my skin.It makes my nostrils cringe & It is so thick I can taste it even with only one spray.
My chemistry does this fragrance no justice.
It is a real shame because the wonderfulness behind it is calling out to me.The creamy vanilla that I love does come out in the dry down but that unknown sour stink is still playing peek a boo with me :(

It is such a shame because this has great potential & I really want to love it.......Sooooooo Sad

snobuni77

This is a very comforting scent for me.
I get warm cozy spiced vanilla tea sweetened with honey.
It is a very dark & romantic scent. I think it would be worn best in the evening or when snuggling up next to a fire.

It does get sweeter with time & the warmth of your body.It was great worn out in the cold on that snowy mountaintop with my boyfriend. I got a whiff of the spiciness and the jasmine Sambac as I kicked up snow with my skies.
Then back at the cabin it got sweeter as my body temperature raised next to my lover & the fire.
Perfection ;)

ruxxy
ruxxy

There's something quite unusual about this particular scent. Firstly, on my skin, as on many others', it smells warm, cosy(perhaps because of the jasmine-vanilla combination), sweet and appealing, just like a fine, classy, yet balanced pastry product.
But if sprayed on clothes, releases a mix of amazingly fresh and clean notes, more like the non-sweet side of "Angel" by Thierry Mugler, instead of some unpleasant hints of nuts or algae(like the ones in "Cool Water" by Davidosff).
This double personality of "Hypnose" is the living proof of pH influence on perfumes, often neglected by those with a less sensitive nose. It also points its quality above average, as I have smelled linear perfumes, which leave the same olfactive print, independent of time or skin type.
To sum up, it would make a good choice for gourmand people, being able to turn either fresh or warm, depending on where you apply it.

belle de sud
belle de sud

I find the Hypnose Femme too sweet as well, though I love peach-vanille notes. However I tried the pour Homme and LOVE it...wearing it today as it would happens! The spicy accord is accented and some of the cloying drydown removed and the vetiver more pronounced. Those of you 'on the fence' with this one should give the men's version a sniff!

succubus
succubus

I love wearing this on a rainy day because whenever I smell it, I feel a sense of warmth. What I love about this is that the vanilla's there, but it's not too overpowering.

It's indeed a very sexy scent.

Elumina
Elumina

Hmm i think this fragrance is one of my favorites, was love at first smell^^

The passionflower harmonises very good with the vanilla scent, maybe could be too sweet for someone, but for me its a good perfume to wear on special events, also has a good staying power. The bottle reminds me a bit on an hourglass, so pretty :) im really content.

Migotka
Migotka

It must be one of the most romantic and cosy fragrances out there. I first fell in love with it when I got a sample with a magazine, and I strongly insisted that Santa got it for me for Christmas:)
I dont use it very often now, I really dont want to finish my bottle, but I often just smell it before I go out. I love feeling the warmth and the positive aura it creates around.

Cleopatra
Cleopatra

So far, this is my favorite scents.
The smell is so different.
I feel so sexy and feel like mysterious woman when I wear it :p
Perfect to wear at night, when the rain is falling down..
It's really hypnoze me.

bluesuze
bluesuze

A very nice, warm, vanilla scent. Pretty one dimensional on me, but nice. I usually do not go for vanilla, but in this perfume it is pretty. Also I just fell in love with the bottle, it looks so beautiful on my dresser top.

Boggi
Boggi

I must admit I tend to choose perfumes based upon how the bottle looks. I have avoided this once because I dont like the modern look of the bottle.
But I tried it today and it's a spicy, exotic fragrance. I could be wrong but it reminds me of Kenzo Jungle Elephant.This one is perfect for comforting you at night in the winter.

Aysu

I find it quite masculine and also too sweet at the same time. I cannot stand this fragrance although I generally like Lancome scents.. Its sweetness is disturbing for me, not a complex and high quality sweetness like Angel or warm and sexy sweetness like Poeme, just too sweet.. Not a high quality perfume and has no depth..

Malegria
Malegria

I found it well made, but it is not anything special, which I expected from Lancome. Almost a scent for an office if it was just a bit lighter.There is also a masculine note that is quite annoying.Or may be I just expected too much!

Teolinda
Teolinda

Oh, my God...am I disappointed!! I´ve heard so many good things about this perfume and it smells quite nice in the bottle. But as it hits my skin some strange odeur starts to happen and after an hour i´ts all powder, powder, powder. Im getting a little bit warm and dizzy.
I´m not going to buy a bigger bottle of this one.

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

This one isn't sexy on my skin but it is sweet and long lasting. I do smell vanilla in Hypnose and what you smell when you first spray it is what it smells like througout the day. Not a complex perfume, but not everything has to be complicated. Nice, straight-ahead perfume without too much fanfare. I think the bottle is pretty too.

sealprincess
sealprincess

An extremly beautiful scent and it lasts a really, really long time. I sprayed some on before I went to bed and when I woke up the next morning I could still smell it. A little goes a long, long way!

tamika1girl
tamika1girl

I recieved this as a gift for my college graduation, and fell in love with the distinct scent-it is very crisp and exotic.

mahoooya
mahoooya

i love this perfume.. i wore it for my 1st date.. and everytime i smell it... it takes me back to that day!

guest_lorena
guest_lorena

At first it smells good and fresh, but after a few minutes it turns extemely sweet, and I start feeling uncomfortable , It happens the same when I use Ange ou demon

Ninulia
Ninulia

AAA this is my FAV!!!!! I love love love it!!! sweet sexy and everything delicious, smells like liquer...

Candra
Candra

The first time I tried this perfume, I did not like at all. I gave it another try and something strange happened. I began to like it. Now i'm completely in love with this perfume and decided to buy a bottle. I'm not disappointed. It smells sophisticated. I use it for day- and evening wear. The lasting power is great, so you only have to use a little bit.

Passionflower
Passionflower

It smells a bit like liquorice at first, but after that it smells like vanilla. I think I like it but I'll try it a bit longer to be sure.

cdawnn1
cdawnn1

This is one of my favorite fragrances. It's a seductive scent that is delicious and sensual. I am a huge vanilla fan, and I love woodsy/orientals, so Hypnose is perfect for me. I can see it being worn for daytime or evening. It also has a "licorice" smell to it. That makes it a bit similar to Lolita Lempicka and Armani Code for women. This still stands out as original though.

LuckysGirl
LuckysGirl

It smells absolutely horrible on me. I smell absolutely no note of vanilla. It actually makes me cringe. I couldn't get rid of it soon enough. I think it's the worst fragrance I've tried. I hope I have better luck with my next purchase.

solocha
solocha

I have to say, I've changed my mind about this fragrance. I found it too sweet when I had it, but now that the bottle is empty, I miss it and realise it is unusual , unique, mysterious. It probably just needs a bit more care not to over-apply it.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

I'm very interested in trying this again. The first time I smelled it I was reminded a bit of Boucheron's Trouble, but lighter, although I don't think there is any citrus in it. I like it a lot, but not sure about it, I have to wear it sometime. It has something dark and entrancing about it, but also something bright and inviting. Love this contrast.

pimpnazt
pimpnazt

It's very sweet smelling. It looks like it was meant to send a "temptress" message, but I'm seeing sweet. I'd like to add it to my collection.

2007
Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

Crisp oriental scent, more evening than daywear but very nice.

2007

Lancome Hypnose Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz
Hypnose Perfume by Lancome, 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Hypnose Perfume by Lancome, 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Gift Set 1.69oz
Lancome Travel Set Beauty Lotion Cleansing Fluid Purifying Foam Hydrating Cream Night Cream Mascara Bag 6pcs 1bag
Lancome 'Hypnose' Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz
Lancome 'Hypnose' Eau de Parfum Spray
Lancome 'Hypnose' Eau de Parfum Spray
Lancome Hypnose Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Lancome Hypnose Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lancome Hypnose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lancome Hypnose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Hypnose by Lancome. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Hypnose by Lancome represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.