Designers » L » Chypre Floral « Groups

dislike

honey
Hypnose Senses Lancome for women Videos
Hypnose Senses Lancome for women Pictures

Lancome Hypnose Senses changes from violet nuances of the original edition into sunny colours this season. It announces warm, summer days with chypre accords which are balanced harmonically with an opulent floral bouquet, accentuating natural aromas, tranquility and escape from big cities, leaving noise and dynamics of capital behind. The fragrance can be expected on the market in June 2009. The nose behind this fragrance is Christine Nagel.

Orange Mandarin Orange Pink Pepper

Osmanthus Rose white honey

French labdanum Patchouli Benzoin Tonka Bean

Hypnose Senses Fragrance Reviews

the_new_esta

Disappointing fragrance. I bought it when gift with purchase was on at the Lancome counter, but have now offloaded it onto my mum.
It doesn't really fit in any categories... I didn't mind the scent at first, but it doesn't dry down to an overly nice base and then it's just gone.

Deep honey balm, relaxing, but quite sexy. Name 'Senses' suits it very well, because this scent is definitely very sensual. Sweet & intoxicating. Senses' storm :)

edna maria de lima rocha
edna maria de lima rocha

ganhei hoje Hypnose Senses mesma coisa do Accordes Lumiere Gold tenho e poço afirmar..

LisaLovesPerfume
LisaLovesPerfume

Love this scent, but be warned...it is a very strong fragrance. I didn't spray much and it was a bit overpowering. Maybe it was due to the humidity because I have read other reviews saying that it did not last long. I had the opposite experience. So just to be on the safe side, spray lightly at first just to make sure. Otherwise, it is a lovely fragrance. I actually prefer it to the original Hypnose, which I also wear and it is strong as well. It's nice to get a fragrance that has staying power.

Nukhet
Nukhet

This reminds me John Galliano's fragrance, its very similar

GallardoChipChip
GallardoChipChip

So similar to Coco Madmoiselle. I like it.

Lovely scent - poorest lasting power ever on me!!! :(

kasks
kasks

Tried this and both Mom and I liked it so much! I distinctly get honey, rose and fresh herbal, almost minty notes on my skin. I also thought that there was a hint of white floral and clean musk. Its sweet, but not sickening sweet. Its a soft powdery sweetness with a predominant honey and rose note. About sillage, I guess it completely depends on how you want it. About three sprays would ensure that you can smell this beauty on you for a good 6 to 7 hours.
I guess the best part about this perfume is its versatility. Its a soft yet assertive one which you could use for work, a quiet evening out, a formal gala or just to catch up with your friends.

Lidell
Lidell

Heavy but somewhat plain, I miss some depth. I smell honey and rose with smoke, nothing more. Its sweetness easily becomes sickening, yet on a very cold winter day it's like a soft, warm blanket. Use it carefully.

Rosita.Castro
Rosita.Castro

Oh, God! I love this. It's really amazing. So classy but funny! Enjoy it!

Lola-sweet

And so classy and femenin

Lola-sweet

Ilooove this perfume, i was surprised to see bad reviews about it! But i guess its body chimsrties cz it smells so yummy on me :)

kelly_xatz

Balmy smoky sweet honey rose, I get everything!!!it becomes greater in hot days. The only fragrance which makes me feel myself. But as much I like it, I never get any compliment with it, and if I ask I receive ok as answer. What is wrong? Not noticeable? Weak? Indifferent? Worth wearing it only for me? But I still love it.

francess.raymundo
francess.raymundo

a strong magnolia based scent

Gyöngy
Gyöngy

Smells like plastic. I don't like it.

Bandit
Bandit

Not my cup of tea.

Rhairis
Rhairis

Strong, soft, velvety and unique!
It is a sweeter version of Coco Mademoiselle.
Greetings from the Brasil.

kikiena01
kikiena01

This perfume is what I would my grandma imagine to wear. Can't say a thing against this, but it really smells kinda old to me. The most noticeable notes are definitely rose, honey and pepper. It creates very deep and mysterious rose scent. I like it, but still wouldn't wear it, because, well, I'm only 18.

GREETINGS FROM THE CZECH REPUBLIC! :)

wishesarepies
wishesarepies

I brought this as an on-line purchase, initially I didn't like the scent straight out of the bottle and considered giving it away. But the moment I tried it on my skin and it was utterly heavenly! Definitely one of my favourites!

Ouch!
Ouch!

This opens with a distinct weird plastic note. WTF is that? I was expecting citrusses and pepper. None of those exist to my nose. This smells like plastic candy...
The kind of plastic I get is like a new kid's beach bag, those clear ones that are waterproof...I think it's the honey not meshing with things well.

but....

This strange weird plastic note does dissapear after a few minutes and what emerges is a very cuddly, soft, cozy and innofensive floral perfume. It's romantic, think of eternity moment by CK. Think of a fuzzy musky boquet that's pink coloured. I love it!

The fact that the base of this perfume contains patchouli and labdanum is confusing to me, this is not a resinous dark base...this is a puppy dog...cute..very feminine and comforting.

I'm a fan!

This has nothing to do with the original Hypnose, this is way more musky smelling!!!

Fresh&wild
Fresh&wild

Love at first sniff♥♥♥♥
Hypnose Senses was a surprising gift for me. I prefwr not to get a petfume i don't know anything about. But this one was an exception!!! Qhen i got it as a birthday present i was not excited to try it and left it unopened for days. One day i was lazy and didnt put any perfume on; i thought to myself its the best time to try this new scent; and boom!!! I was hypnotised.. this perfume has everything i love to get from perfuming. The long lasting goodness. The big sillage at beginning. The cashmere like comfort it gives....
Hypnose Senses get 5/5 on my perfume scale.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Lancome Hypnose Senses is an excellent scent for winter and fall! Opens with golden sweet honey, fresh rose, deep patchouli, and spicy pink pepper. In the dry down you can smell the warm scent of benzoin and tonka beans, powdery-sweet osmanthus, and citrusy orange. It took me a little while, but I ended up really loving Hypnose Senses!

Hatleberger
Hatleberger

Too much honey for my taste.

chain
chain

I just purchased this perfume,l cant give it a positive or negative review because l reacted badly to this perfume,l could not breath well.Am seriously considering returning same.

Articia
Articia

Honey opium. Warm winter.

Without standard vanilla. The sweetness comes from honey and mandarine orange.

Long lasting.

Beautiful, calming and sensual.

I don't think it's a copy of Coco Mademoiselle because here you feel that honey and in Coco there is not a bit of honey.

ryanhuynh
ryanhuynh

I love it. It's better than Hypnose. In the fragraces collection of Lancome. I love this scent, Tresor In Love, Tresor Midnight Rose, Tresor, Mignifique, Miracle and La Vie Est Belle except Hypnose. Because I tried Hypnose from my mom she had it. So I tried it and I compared it with Hypnose Sense I had and I relize my scent better than my mom

laboona
laboona

great perfume i like it so much it is still on my skin since last night

Vamy69
Vamy69

This perfume is very sexy. If you like rose and smoky scents this is perfect for you. It lasts a good long while too. It is a cozy, cuddly fall and winter scent for sure. I can picture wearing this watching snow fall cuddling up with my sweetie sipping hot toddys.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

It's not bad. I smell pink pepper, rose, patchouli, and the osmanthus. It is wearable..great for the office. I would have to say I would stick to Miss Dior Cherie or Chanel Mademoiselle...it reminds me of a generic combination of the two scents.

It lasts 12 hours on me
The projection is great
I can smell it all the time I wear(12 hours)
The scent is warm, classy, cozy but a little bit old

I could imagine classy women in her forties
she's sexy and mature...

I still love it

mooomim
mooomim

My mother's scent. ^^
I can't imagine this scent on young girls.
A wonderful smokey mature fragrance, longevity is pretty good.

soixante-neuf
soixante-neuf

very mature and very sexy scent.
Love it.

kitten_steele
kitten_steele

For those who have seen this one has been discontinued. It seems it still sells in Europe, or at least Sweden, 'cause on the Swedish websight, it's still there. On the UK websight too. So if you really love the scent, check out Europe where it still exists.

rubypumps
rubypumps

It is a nice light fragrance. Smells like bodylotion on me, because it stays too close on my skin.

verzosa
verzosa

I actually didn't expect much from Hypnose Senses, however it's a lot my likable now that I have it in my possession. Though there is nothing unique about it, I find it very wearable when I don't feel like wearing my other loved fragrances.

It's a soft citrus floral, but the scent itself is strong enough for someone to detect. I don't think there is too much to say other than that.

Don't get me wrong, I like this perfume. I very happy with the way this works with my body chemistry. It's not bland, but theres nothing unique about it. It's forgettable, but very pleasant. So this doesn't hinder you from getting compliments.

This is one of those perfumes I wouldn't purchase again, but if it were a gift I would be very very happy.

SnowFleur
SnowFleur

Smells lovely--- I was quite taken with it, because it smells sooo much like Coco Mademoiselle!!!! Many people commented on this so it's nice to know I'm not the only one who thought that. Still nice!!!

mi-jo.sayegh
mi-jo.sayegh

I'm sad this doesn't work on me. I love the smell from the bottle, love it on other people, but on me it smells very synthetic, and honestly, I don't mind when perfumes have a bit of a synthetic vibe to them, but not this time. It didn't stop me from using half the bottle in an attempt to make it work though, but I haven't touched it in almost a year. I have two types of honey on hand in my pantry, raw pure (delicious) honey for tea and using as a dip , and pasteurized honey for cooking with. This on my skin smells like the latter. It must be my body chemistry as it smells lovely on my clothes and on others :( I'm still going to say I like it because I really do, just not on me.

NaniFiona
NaniFiona

Wonderful, captivated me in the first sniff!
Of all my many perfumes, this is the only one i get many (spontaneous, lol) compliments on from my fiance. It`s warm and sweet, not so sweet as Angel, though, it has more of sensuous vibe on. Not for everyday use, on my opinion.

Princess
Princess

I like this, soft feminine & grown up. You can smell roses, honey & pink pepper. Much better then the orginal

nikkimouse
nikkimouse

This is definently too sweet, but I still cant help but to like it! It seems to just melt (I sometimes wonder if there's just the slightest drop of leather) into your skin, Reminds me of Killans 'Back to Black' ..keep in mind they are not the same, and the quality of 'Back to Black' is far superior, but this is definenlty a good, less expensive alternative. Has the same kind of vibe, of dripping honey, oozing ssap from a tree, cinnomony super sweet, resinous, spicey, the spices and herbal factors are charming and difficult to dismiss soft but definently very noticabole, I wish it had more of a nuttiness and a touch of tobacco with tea ..like 'Back to Black', but oh well, you get what you pay for.

I will also say that it's very well blended, hard to decifer between all the notes, very harmonious

For some the initial syprupy thick sweetness may be somewhat nausiated.. very pungent, but wait, it's well worth it, the drydown is to die for! ':)

It's definently a skin scent but does have some projection and time is about 6 hours on me, not bad at all. ... I find myself craving this scent from time to time

If you do love Senses and have the money to splurge you simply must try Back to Black ... Kilians uses only top notch ingreediants. It's much more natural smelling and ... their fumes last forever!!

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

On my skin this smells just like Bazooka chewing gum... nostalgic yet, odd. I like this one, but, don't love it and I don't see myself reaching for this much.

Kamaty
Kamaty

Nice and very pleasant fragrance chypre ,every notes well balanced.
The drydown is comfort and stay close to skin. Honey is not strong like L'Instat Guerlain. Well blended with pepper and stay delicious on my skin.
I love original Hypnose but i used a lot !! So i'm loving Senses right now.
Congrats Lancome!!! :)

alexanna7
alexanna7

Hypnose senses is a verry sexy and feminine perfume! With his: rose,pepper,mandarine,benzoin,tonka bean,patchouli and honey! All those notes creates that special,unique smell! It's soft,sweet,sexy,feminine! Perfect for summer!

Enchntress
Enchntress

I should like this one, but my skin turns it into a terrible, heavy Marilyn Miglin Phermone type scent. I couldn't wash it off quick enough!!

That being said, to anyone whos skin meshes well with it, I have a 1 oz, sprayed twice and still in box, up for trade.

Pierina

Attention all Lovers of this fragrance! It has been discontinued! I found out today that Lancome is simplifying their fumes and focusing on skin care.
I picked up a spare for 50% off.
Get a back up if you love this one because she is going going going GONE!
Remember to store properly because lancome scents dont like sunlight or shaking...

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This opens quite peppery but within a few minutes blooms into pure honey. Some flowers swirl in during the dry down, with a hint of mysterious labdanum. Staying power 6-8 hours. Nice, but quite sweet. A treat for honey fans.

eclecticgal1
eclecticgal1

This is one of the few perfumes that I wear and consistently receive compliments. By the time that I receive the remarks, it has settled down and I can't smell it!. I love Chypre fragrances and can't wait to wear them.

Even though it is a Hypnose flanker, it is a fine one. Like a lot of people's comments about it, I agree that it is completely different from the original which I also have and like.....but not as much as Hypnose Senses.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

Well, this perfume smelled amazing to me! I like the original Hypnose and this is NOTHING like that one at all. This has a definite gourmand flair to it, IMO. It is soft, feminine and even though I wouldn't call it a skin scent, it stays close to the body. My problem: I loved it, my husband bought it and then I made the mistake of taking it with me on a trip I made last fall. The trip was for a dire family emergency & I had to care for my sister who was ill. Without thinking much of it, I put it away when I got home and then went to use it a few months later. UGH! The emotional devastation and fear and overwhelming pain came rushing back to me with the first spray. It is unreal to me how strong our scent memories are and how we can associate time periods, moments, people, pain and more with scent. I had to let it go for these reasons, but it is a beautiful, soft and lovely scent. I recommend it for early fall, late "Indian" summer even...Loves to my Fragrantica Family... xo

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

Nothing balanced or sensual about this. Smells like pure alcohol and chemicals - no florals, rose or whatsoever on me. How did this even get released?

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

On me Hypnose Senses starts out with an initial blast of patchouli and pink pepper.
It takes a minute or two for the scent to settle and for the patchouli to make space for a juicy, yellow and almost sunny accord of orange and mandarin.
Mandarin, orange and pink pepper make for a lovely, softly spiced and refreshing scent combo before the honey kicks in and sweetens the composition.
The floral notes and the gorgeous resins are rather shy while patchouli dominates the drydown.
The patchouli note in Hypnose Senses is a dirty one but it is light at the same time.
I can only guess that this effect is created by the overall transparent scent experience.

Even with thee support of shower gel and body lotion I have to say that the sillage and longevity of Hypnose Senses are far below average which is a shame as my husband rates the fragrance as one of my top 20 fragrances.

All in all, this modern chypre is still a like for me.

mewcobain

very sexy, classy and relaxing..but a bit aged ..I feel really addicted to it

beatrix75
beatrix75

the orig hypnose its very good but its too much sweet for my teast but this hypnose senses its realy coming on my senses !!its sooo long lasting creamy balmy feeling ,i have the kelly caleche and i must admit that they have something in comon!!the flowery the nice feelings or ???bouth its extrem elegant and luxury femininne from the start to the and!!!

icekat
icekat

I love the original Hypnose with its vanilla gourmand goodness. I was expecting Hypnose Senses to have a resemblance to the original one but I just could not see it. Hypnose Senses is a totally different fragrance that moved away from a gourmand territory of the original Hypnose into a modern chypre. The scent is focused on light and feminine rose and tea-like osmanthus infused with the light sweetness of honey. It is lovely, delicate and elegant scent, which I enjoy wearing in cooler months.

At first sniff Hypnose Senses comes across as strong, balmy and a bit medicinal. The pepper is noticeable as well as the honey. The floral heart smells to me a bit like a honey tea with rose petals. The honey note is quite noticeable but it is not sugary sweet honey but more like a woody honey mixed with a bit of wax. The scent becomes more powdery towards the dry down with benzoin and tonka bean layered with light patchouli. The composition is still wrapped in the light honey note.

Overall score 7.5/10. I like this scent now but I did not on the first sniff. I am glad I gave it another chance as I learnt to really appreciate it. I think this scent has class and more grown up than the original Hypnose. However, I suggest testing it before buying.

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

I tested this on my skin today in the store. I really liked it at first. There is a sort of coco madamoiselle veneer to it. I felt.good in it. Didn't.love.the.drydoen but didn't hate it. It was.pretty good. Like 7.5.....I'm thinking about buyingit because the small bottle is a affordable.it was a nice fragrance.I think I'm goingto try hypnose again. I wore hypnose a couple years ago with the lotion and it was.a.little.powerful on me but I loved it. I think I will try it again without the .lotion and see if I might be able to wear it. Senses is nice. It I really loved hypnose. Isn't it sad.when it doesn't work with your chemistry but you like it?

koiomo
koiomo

This perfume lasts very long on my skin ...maybe a day or more. It's Thailand..weather is hot and this frag suits the climate very well. It's sensual, sexy, classy(but my sis thinks it's old) anyway I love it and want to steal it from my big sis..she used up 2 big bottles now. It's fit for sexy night out at the coolest night club.

claudystream
claudystream

Elegant, kinda draws you in. Lasts a while, though it gets just a bit too intense around the mid-notes for me, and it might start to smell a bit like sweat (maybe my nose is broken -_-) on certain types of fabric. But if I apply it lightly, it's quite a likeable scent.

CHOCAHOLIC
CHOCAHOLIC

I guess this is a love or hate perfume. In the beggining, it smells like wine and after a while it turns into a soft, floral, powdery scent. I cannot say that this is a copy of COCO MADEMOISELLE, HYPNOSE SENSES is not that sweet or elegant. The name is not the appropriate, as there is not something sensuous in this scent..Imagine a woman dressed in pastel colours and fancy accessories walking in a park during a spring night. In this scent, there is obviously a strong antithesis; even though it seems nostalgic and innocent, it has a dark side at the same time. Just a pleasant perfume that makes no difference. I wouldn't repurchase this one.

Khiry
Khiry

This one doesn't work with my chemistry. Maybe it's the benzoin, or because it's a chypre. I wouldn't get any compliments - I'd be thrown out of the room! It turned toxic & dirty on me. Luckily it was a free sample. But everyone has a different chemistry, & one's own can be variable, depending on many things. So I may give it another chance next year.

Galya
Galya

i have to spray about 10 time for to smell something ery very light ,sadly it's not edp at all ,I'd like to name it eau invisible :((((

aidauzemljicuda
aidauzemljicuda

as if bunch of flowers went to a party and got drunk

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

This perfume is nothing special!! Don´t know why did lancome bothered to do this.. It´s so boring and smells cheap!!

po
po

I really tried to like this but since I first put it on my wrist I felt it's not ''me'' at all, I constantly had the strange feeling that there was another woman somewhere close to me that smelt this way. Like honey, roses and powder for start. I almost convinced myself that this perfume is romantic and elegant but there was still something annoying about it which I couldn't figure out. I bought a small bottle anyway.
Later I smelt something dirty which is supposed to feel seductive i guess, the labdanum- tonka combination was not appealing to me at all... I continued to wear it a few times to see if something changes but nope, I couldn't stand it and gave it away.

Pinni
Pinni

At first this perfume smells delicious. It's juicy and floral. Sweet but in a nice sparkly way. I loved it since the beginning. I tried it on today and surprisingly at first I didn't like it! My skin chemistry didn't agree with the opening. As it started developing it has been getting better but it's still not the juicy delight it was on the sample paper.
It actually felt kinda cheap, a cheap version of CM with worse staying power and not as beautiful development. It changes faster and more dramatically and ends up kinda different, in a softer more candy, vanilla and bubblegum way. For a brief moment it smells a bit like MDC EdT version.

If you ask me it smells mostly like Coco Mademoiselle! Especially the beginning. Not identical but too close to be original. I still kinda want it but I'm trying to convince myself that i won't need it when I get my bottle of CM. I'm also a little bit disappointed as I kinda feels like Lancome is trying to benefit of the popularity of CM.

Maybe this is just something that I should keep smelling from the bottle. That's how it smells delicious, even juicier than CM (won't say if it's a pro or a con.) I didn't like original Hypnose but this is nice.

Kazorwaman
Kazorwaman

This one I bought just some days ago. Now it is sommer days and rather warm, so the "Hypnôse Senses" is perfect light and little bit sweet scent :) For me it is not sharp/strong at all.
I adore LANCOME! Just bought "Cuir de Lancome" for my mother and it is so chic! Smells fantastic!!
For me all LANCOME parfumes smell elegance, a woman who is loved and respected..

raquelcosta
raquelcosta

the scent in the bottle is floral and warm, i like it quite a lot but on my skin...

OMG, it's extremely strong. I always apply perfumes very carefully because i know i get headaches with strongs scents but this one i apllied only on my wrists and it gave me the most horrible headache in about 5 minutes!

it's not for me at all

melbritt24
melbritt24

Smells very much like Coco Mademoiselle to me complete with the aldehydes that I dislike!

roam
roam

Very, very peculiar. I just obtained a sample of what is doubtfully this fragrance. I saw the bottle which the woman took the sample from, and it was definitely this bottle... she also labeled it as such. However, I would say it's not at all floral, and has the same notes as the original or the Hypnotizing Elxir... oriental.

It's incredibly strong, whatever it is. It overwhelms with just a few drops. It gave me a headache and made me dizzy and nauseous. I ignored these symptoms and took the sample because I was initially so impressed with it that I wanted to love it intensely. It's been about an hour now, and I'm very disappointed. It began with an intense cedar, almost whiskey smell, only to turn completely into a powdery vanilla on the dry down. There was no development. My love affair with orientals just wasn't meant to be...

EDIT: I reapplied some from the bottle out of curiosity. I'm certain now that the perfume I tried on at the counter was different than the perfume she took the sample from... This one is a powdery, sugary ambiguous floral scent. It's less abrasive, but still lacks any character or complexity.

omixochitl
omixochitl

I think this one is very special. It opens very sharp and peppery for me, kind of "smokey" (honestly at this stage it's not so pleasant). But the drydown is a true modern chypre.

Hypnose Senses is "dry", spicy and very subtle. I think that this is a very sexy scent.

Very poor sillage and longevity.

sarzie101010
sarzie101010

Bought this one for my mum, she loves it and so do i, beautiful.

madhatter1
madhatter1

While on vacation, I was close to making a $24 hypnose purchase however senses might be more to my liking. I do like how hypnose is a powerful scent on me however I remember senses as powdery, woody, vanilla floral so I tend to lean toward this blend. Back to the outlet to narrow down my choice. With either, I cannot be wrong with a lancome spray somewhere in my collection.

maryco036
maryco036

This makes me think of baby powder mixed with vanilla. Cute and atypical, but I don't think I would wear it.

sofababe
sofababe

I don't see any connection between Hypnose Senses and either Coco Mademoiselle or Miss Dior Cherie. I love both of those too, and would say they are both sweet but not so Hypnose Senses. Its light floral, powdery in the dry down, delightful for springtime. I applied some at bedtime last night and could still smell it on my skin when I woke this morning. Reapplied after my shower and after 5 hours sweaty dusty work I still smell it! Lovely!

Jazzy76
Jazzy76

Nulla a che vedere con il mio adorato "Hypnose "...quando ho sentito in profumeria questa versione, devo dire che sentiva quasi di...vinaccia!

huiyt
huiyt

It's nice, but I'd never buy it -- I'm not a fan of the mix of flowers and baby powder that I smell with this one.

worood-mohamedia
worood-mohamedia

A VERY ATTRACTIVE BOTTLE A SOFT POWDERY FLORAL PERFUME FOR A DAY TIME.

HOPE007
HOPE007

I don't really know what exactly it is about this, but I love it.. The top notes remind me of scented dolls I had when I was a child & I just find it so lovely - maybe it is the peach/citrus/roses? I don't know, but what a wonderful memory this brings up.. The dry down happens rather fast & it is a rather light, yet almost dusty musk - very nicely done overall. It wears well on my skin & I definitely would purchase this one again (which is saying a lot, hahaha)

I don't see how it is related to Coco Mademoiselle, which I own - not on my skin anyways.. I love that one as well though.

bayan1988
bayan1988

I think it's remembering me of an old perfume that I wear , maybe it is one of jenifer lupes perfumes :)

mulan
mulan

This fragnance is very interesting at the opening and yet very ordinary when you wear it longer. It's like bvlgari rose essentielle edt. but a little bit more luxurious and more elegant.
You can wear it always :)

Pierina

After reviewing the mixed responses on this scent I decided to toss my own hat into the ring.
I love Hypnose Senses its one of my signatures.
Im happy for the negative responses because it shows it isnt for everyone, I hate to be like everyone else!
This must react well with my body chemistry. When I wear this perfume I feel empowered and sexy and am routinely complimented on my scent. I wear it when I run the floor in my department, I likr to thing that this is the lingering smell that identifies me when I leave the room.
I can see similarities to Coco Mademmoiselle and Dior Miss Cherie, But to my nose there is something a little more exotic to it, not unlike the amber you find in Secret Obsession. if scents were a colour Dior and Coco are pink, obsesion is burnt orange and the hypnose is apricot, similar to the liquid within the lovely bottle.
regarding the sillage, it lasts all day on me and the frangrance travels slightly from its beginning but stays recognizable from morning to evening.

teetee
teetee

at first: it has nothing to do with miss dior cherie... there might be a little something from coco mademoiselle....

anyway - there is the pepper opening... (the moment where of resemblance with coco mlle) then very nice and long lasting middle notes. My skin develops the honey the most a bit of peaches, on my friend the smell is more peppery... hypnose senses is the only lancome perfume I ve ever tried that does not end up with plastic chewing gum... the end is my favourite stage -it is clean, sweet (not sugary sweet) girly fragrance.

I am in love with this scent but I admit there is nothing to love. It is nothing special, similar to some other perfumes. but- this smell gets really ADDICTIVE. I don t know why but i cant get rid of it... i have more perfumes but this one has to be on my shelf "just in case" :))

Sloshpot
Sloshpot

This is a SHAMELESS copy of Miss Dior Cherie!! i sniffed this once in boots and went away convinced of it and as i love miss dior cherie so much, kept thinking i had to have this one as it was considerably cheaper.. the next time i went to boots i sprayed this and miss dior cherie on either wrist and walked around town shopping for a couple of hours sniffing both wrists and decided that yes, it does smell very similar, (although miss dior cherie definitely more superior) but the hypnose senses had practically faded to nothing whereas the more expensive dior was still going strong. so i decided not to purchase.. didn't seem worth it to have a rubbish version of the one I would rather save for!

kelly_xatz

sweet and romantic like wet flowers. nice to have it in hot summer nights. longlasting and tempting

LoneCamel
LoneCamel

hauntingly horrible, i got allergic reaction and instant headache from this one, never happened before. so wierd. it smelled like a paper cut: sharp, unexpected and you cant wait for it to go away :S

guest_Lily
guest_Lily

thanks to everybody who dared to post negative reviews so now i know i am not crazy! just paid £30 for a small bottle of this,got home,sprayed on my neck and wrists and feel sick the whole evening,headache,and it stinks! cant sense the smell at all,just the stink and my tummy hurts now.my mate said it smells lovely on my wrist,god,oh well maybe i'm allergic to this one,sprayed myself all over with 'Rock n rose' by Valentino parfume for 5months and never felt ill and loved it,just dont know what the hell is wrong with this one! will try to get a refund tomorrow..

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

I love most Lancome fragrances and Hypnose Senses is just that exception. I have tried to understand the fragrance and worn it few times but everytime I have that feeling of an elegant lady wearing soft leather gloves and silky dress, sitting in a 1940's restaurant with all people smoking cigars and it just makes me sick.
I can't deny, it is quite complex fragrance but ever time I wear it - the cigars' smell emerges and makes me sick.
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
I cannot see myself wearing it, ever.
A big NO-NO to me.
Any other Lancome fragrances I truly adore, it is the only one I binned as it wasn't even good enough to use as an air freshener.

TillyWave
TillyWave

So this scent definetely opens with a huge wine note. It's very nice actually. It reminds me of a skinny woman with straight, shiny hair wearing a sleeveless wrap dress (which will never be me:)

Then it changes from wine to honey with floral notes. The drydown is an accented vanilla bean. And the scent goes on strong & lasts a long, long time. If you like to be able to smell your cloud of perfume all day, this would work.

I suppose Hypnose Senses is in the same vein as Coco Madamoiselle, but I don't find this to be a copy at all.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

I don't no why I feel in this one Shalimar? I'm must test it once again :) Is very interesting and suble scent.

sue165

2 days ago I was in a meeting with my lawyer.. and asked me..sorry but u smell so sexy what perfume r u wearing??
:) it smells so good in u..
Great longevity,, great sillage

guest_Debbiecup
guest_Debbiecup

this is white wine in a perfume bottle make sure you eat something while wearing or you will feel very sick if y ou are sensetive to wine or champagne

Redlipstick
Redlipstick

Ooooo, this is lovely. I'm a floral gal and this is a slightly powdery 'warm' scent - I love it. This is everything I wished Chanel perfumes could be.

There's no vanilla which is why I can wear this somewhat powdery, 'serious' perfume without any headaches. The opening and drydown are equally lovely. The opening is slightly pink peppery with a bit of tangy mandarin and honey. The dry down is slightly powdery patch, tonka, nice labdanum and osmanthus (I adore osmanthus). Kind of spicy, but not a true spicy scent.

This works very well for the office as the sillage is average and the dry down becomes beautifully warm and full, yet understated.

This is not an extraordinary perfume - there are many similar smelling ones out there - but I do love it. This is FBW once my 5ml sample is used up, especially when there's a good Lancome GWP.

sofiii
sofiii

Lancome Hypnose Senses starts really nice rose-infused fruity sweet with a little bit dry sweet woods. Then it gets more depth, more refined sweet dry flower bouquet with a little bit dry woods. Somehow, till this stage, Hypnose Senses reminds me some essence of Britney Spears’ Believe, in really good way. The dry down is quite discreet and has a lot of warmth, at this stage, HS givesreally comfy and snugly feel.

To be honest, I hate the original one and it gives me a headache! In comparison with Hypnose, Hypnose Senses is like a bliss. It is a nice perfume to wear, and the comfortable rate is more than average when thinking about most of the newly released big, loud, ‘it’s me, me, me’-screaming type of perfumes. However, it lacks something that can make it shine.

blurio
blurio

Definitely better than the original Hypnose. But still there's something missing in it. It's not original and it doesn't make you curious about it. It's only a good scent that you can wear. Probably you won't want to spend that much money only to smell good.
There's one more thing. You should definitely spray it on your wrist before you buy. Me and my two other friends tried this one at the same time and it smelled good only on me. On the others it was kinda stinky.

StephD
StephD

I recently got this perfume. I reminds me soo much of Coco Mademoiselle. It smells like honey, woods and florals. On me, I don't find it works too well with my chemistry, it ends up smelling too generic. But i've smelled it on other women, and it can be incredibly sexy, in a sophisticated way.

sue165

Well I Hated l'original Hypnose, but I'm kind like this one.

belladonna'sbliss
belladonna'sbliss

Beyond Perturbing that they chose to hide behind Hypnose marketing with this perfume. People who do not like Hypnose will pass it by and people who are expecting their loved hypnose will be confused. This has nothing to do with the original.
The Osmanthus and pink peppercorns come out on top for me along with the a fleeting kind of wine smell; something like ice wine or other desert type.
Little bit of ripe fruits roses and Patchouli with the lightest Chypre impression continue for hours. Blending into labdanum, benzoin and tonka bean. Now these base notes are what sealed the deal for me and make this a increasingly desirable and wearable perfume. even though they are not strong they are present and very nicely blended with a rose that stays to the end.
Ok kind of girlie & bubbly diffidently feminine. But could still be taken seriously in a suit, or stilettos just as easily as jeans and a t-shirt; which is a big part of it's appeal to me and probably many others.

Aroussa
Aroussa

Senses is my new true love. I first smelled it on a colleague and was intrigued. Then obsessed. Finally bought it this week-end. For me, it's lovely, unique, feminine but with a strong heady quality. It lasts very well on me. Absolutely gourgeos for any season, day or night. MJ's Daisy and Miyake A Scent aficionados and lovers of other unisex-y scents had better stay away - this is just too overtly and unashamedly 'notice me' sexy!

maijaaijam
maijaaijam

It's been a while after testing it, so impression is not so "fresh".
I remember it was nothing really special, but pleasant - detected no top notes, quite linear scent. Only the drydown seemed little bit sweeter than beginning. Soft, unobtrusive scent, not very chypre, more like simple floral.
Not very longlasting.

ananda
ananda

At first I could smell the flower bouquet: not my type, but pleasant. Quickly it started turning into a more powdery scent, which I really like, and I though it was starting to get interesting! Hypnôse Senses had become a beautiful promise, but right after that it turned into sharp alcohol. Almost ether! As the progression went on, the scent got little bit sweeter, but nothing beyond that. It ended up like one of those cleansing solutions that you use to take of the make up.
=/

guest_rachel mary
guest_rachel mary

I tried two yesterday at the same time. Hypnose senses and Lola by Marc Jacobs. I sprayed this and thought it was simple and pretty, but that was it..sprayed Lola didnt like it. by the time i walked out of the shop Hypnose senses had completely disappeard by Lola had developed into something sensational and lasted all day. Hypnose senses doesnt have anything truly original about it, there is a lot like it out there.

Berith
Berith

I bought it recently.
Fresh and sweet at first.
Warm en soft to touch at the base.
Lovely and chypre and woody. My favorite!
A great fragrance to remember!

LadyMuck
LadyMuck

Quite a light floral fragrance. Feminine and romantic but not striking in anyway. Good for day wear.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

I liked the musky vanilla in the original Hypnose. This one is oh so boring! It just smells like generic perfume...nothing outstanding at all! Very disapponted!

jatzzie
jatzzie

Oh, how I love Lancome's fragrances in general.:) I really like the original Hypnose so I was naturally curious to try out the Senses-edition.I found a superdeal at a drugstore which was 28 e for the EDP and body lotion, so naturally, I had to have it.:) Anyway, onto the review.It has been a while since the last time I caught a whiff of the roginal Hypnose, so I'm not gonna compare those two.Some say it smells very similiar to Coco Mademoiselle or YSL's Elle, however as much as I tried understanding and haha sniffing, I couldn't find similarities between them.Esp, Elle which is like from a whole dif world.but that's just my opinion.:) Anyhow, Senses, it's sweet, but not like oversugary, or it has some sugaryness to it, but it's all good, in this sort of good way.If that made sense, haha.I think it's a very nice winter fragrance altho I've understood it was specifically created for summer? Lancome has a tendency to make fragrances which stand out, or like, they aren't the usual massproduced stuff, and I think Senses is another success for them.It's powderlike, romantic, the staying-power could be a bit better.A lovely fragrance that does not dissapoint, at least me.:) Oh and the bottle, well I like the original Hypnose bottle so it would only make sense to like the Senses-bottle too.:D

jigglyclefairypuff
jigglyclefairypuff

I found this more tolerable compared to the original Hypnose.
However, Senses lacks originality - when you've tried at least 50 other designer fragrances you'll find that Hyponse Senses smells similar to the next.

Pleasant, pleasing to the nose.

katyas
katyas

I was about to get a new bottle of Magie Noir, when I tried this scent and had to have it. It is gorgeous with my chemistry - smelling like sweet flowers, fresh wood chips and honey .... mmmmmm honey .... My only complaint is that it doesn't last nearly long enough, but I will experiment with laying with the lotion I have, and the shower gel, and hopefully that will give me the extra time necessary to get through a day. I love this stuff!! I've been wearing it nonstop since I bought it, because I just love that sweet floral/honey/woodsy scent. It seems that this particular scent hasn't been well-received by many people - chypres can be a little odd, so please try before you buy, but don't let the negative reviews scare you off - remember, scents smell different on each of us, and it might be that you will love this also.

fragrance_is_happiness
fragrance_is_happiness

I finally gave in and purchased this. I find this to be a very 'cheerful' scent that stays close to my skin. It doesn't last for long so I spray away with abandon. By doing this I smell this on me for a few hours without feeling neauseated... its very lovely, to me smells more like a nicely scented body creme or lotion rather than a perfume. I am currently loving it as a daytime/spring summer sort of smell. It does resemble a few scents are different points, a bit like flowerbomb,a bit like coco mademoiselle but I still find it to stand well on its own. I love it.

mymlan
mymlan

Soft, gentle floral fragrance with a bit of lukewarm sweetness in the endnotes. Lovley flowers and well balanced. This is the first Lancome I actually like. Doesn't choke surrounding individuals, or leave much of a trail.

zvoncica
zvoncica

The day I tested Hypnose Senses was one of the days when I wish to sleep and be oblivious of everything around me. I came to store and wanted to try Chanel 5 Eau Premiere, when I passed by pink lovely bottle. I don’t pay attention to pink bottles in my regular state of mind. Well, I told to myself, I do need a lift up…

Hypnose Senses is fresh floral. Starts with mixture of citruse and rose, soon develops musky background with, I suppose, addition of vanilla. Above all it is extraordinary cheerful perfume. It doesn’t change in composition at all while lasting on my skin for good 4 hours.

Mostly people have trouble in finding cyphre floral that suits them, I think that Senses could easily suit many tastes. I was so happy for discovering that with some pink bottled perfumes I can be familiar. Oh, I`m not going to buy Senses, I`m to serious and strict for happy smells.

mmizy
mmizy

this perfume is very lovely and reminds me of Flowerbomb minus the warm vanilla and sweetness. It is beautiful and floral and i feel like there is a tea note but not very long lasting. Like all the other new fragrances out. I still like it. It will be my alternative to flowerbomb when I run out.

Marianne
Marianne

I have to agree with some of the burried reviews - it's nothing special. To me, Hypnose smells like marzipan but Hypnose senses has no special note, it's just some kind of annoying, strong old ladie's scent.

markRep

I eventually went a got a 1oz of this due to the fact that I would always try on the tester in store. I really have a fondness for this and is leading the way for me to likeing more florals.
it also has:
labdanum,
benzoin and
tonka bean. to go with the
Osmanthus
Patchouli
Pink peppercorns
Bais Roses

And the nose behind it is:
Christine NAGEL

agreed, this is elegant and very nicely blended. Lasts about 6 hours on me. I hope it stays around for when i need my second bottle. reminds me of a summer wedding pure white dress in a clean line tailoring. I find this perfume crisp clear with full modern romance.
(Maybe with a subtle trim of lace ;) )

sophievlad
sophievlad

I agree that it reminds Coco Mademoiselle- but only for the first 5 seconds - I think it's this brandy plus dark chocolate (as I smell it) note - but it quickly calms down and becomes very warm, a little powdery , very nicely floral. A good lasting power - depends on the wearer's skin, of course, well, mine keeps the charms for at least 9 hours. A Really Elegant Perfume, in my opinion. Also, the dryout somehow reminds me the old version of Magie Noire...a little.

COSMICSCENTS
COSMICSCENTS

I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE A STRONG FRUITY FLORAL SINCE PEOPLE DESCRIBRD IT SIMILAR TO COCO MADEMOISELLE, BUT IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE. THIS SCENT DOES NOT LAST VERY LONG ON SKIN AND IT HAS NOTHING OF THE ORIGINAL HYPNOSE WHICH I LOVE.I WOULD SAY THIS FRAGRANCE SMELLS LIKE A FLORAL INCENSE.

krishka
krishka

Nice scent but lacks personality....smells like any other perfume out there...

Scentgoddess
Scentgoddess

I smelt this one recently. It's feminine, sensual. I have smelt others like it though. The bottle is classy and beautiful. I have seen reviews dissing it because of it's similarities to Coco Mademoiselle but there a loads of perfumes out there with subtle differences. I quite like it. I think I give it the benefit of the doubt. It works well on my skin and it's a good one for when you can't decide which fragrance to wear.

I was instantly attracted to the beautiful, light peach-coloured bottle, so naturally I strode towards the Lancome fragrance counter, eager to test this new scent.

I was blown away by the loveliness of it all. Hypnose Senses is a light, refreshing floral that wears delicately on the skin.

The scent is certainly not loud or incredibly bold, rather it prefers to be subtle, yet softly feminine and in some ways it embodies a sense of girlish charm which is difficult to resist.

Some of the reviewers here describe Hypnose Senses as being sweet. Well I agree to a certain extent, however it is more of a sweet rose, violet and jasmine type scent rather than being sugary or candy-like.

The lasting power is quite good and due to the subtleness of this fragrance, the scent stays very close to the skin giving it that calm yet intimate quality.

Some have mentioned that they find similarities between this fragrance and Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel. Personally I too can detect some similarities, however Hypnose Senses is much fresher and lighter, and where Coco Mademoiselle has a slight fruity hit, Hypnose Senses does not.

I'll admit that Hypnose Senses isn't overly unique, yet I find something very charming and appealing about this scent. My only criticism is not on the scent itself but on the bottle which is rather chunky and difficult to hold, with the lid also being rather stubborn and difficult to replace after use.

markRep

Ok I finally see why people think this is like Mademoiselle in the middle notes you do get that same sharp floral chypre note and with the rose and patchouli but it is still quit different from MD. You can also find that note in other Chanel perfumes like Chance eau fraiche but they are diffrent are they not? First testing I had tried others and missed the nice chypre sharp almost aldehyde note; now I like it even more. But it is not and never will be Madmoiselle, I wore that perfume for years and all these have in common is the Olfactive Group.

mack
mack

I've never tried the original Hypnose... however I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Hypnose Senses!!!

deeper_shallow
deeper_shallow

I've actually never tried the original Hypnose, so I can't compare them, but I don't smell any similarities to Coco Mademoiselle either. On me, there's honey, peach, pink pepper, maybe a little violet. It's nice, sweet and floral, soft and warm but still fresh. Very good for everyday wear.
ETA: It's funny - I was fairly certain that once my sample vial was used up, I wouldn't actually buy an entire bottle, but now I find myself missing it! And no, I still don't think it smells anything even remotely like Coco Mademoiselle.

Trvevil
Trvevil

Nothing, absolutely nothing from Hypnose in this. I found that it's very similar to Elle YSL, but floral instead. Also no similarities with Coco Mademoiselle too. I prefer and love original Hypnose, but this one no.
First of all- this is summer? Yeech! I remember chamomiles! It was like chamomile at first, then it turned to something like beeswax, I have a candle made from beeswax that I bought on ethnic market and it smelled like that candle does. Hour later it turned rich floral including chamomiles and other flowers. They are very bright and super warm. Not my story though. Lasting power and sillage is very good.

markRep

do not like the original only because it smells like sweet tarts(candy) to me. This is sweet and floral but I agree with Divenus; That this perfume is unique and not just another sweet floral. notes for this one
Osmanthus
Patchouli
Pink peppercorns
Bais Roses

I can smell the patchouli and a little rose. Must be the Osmanthus for the sweet floral smell. lasting time is a good few hours. I too would say that this is a playful floral oriental. I realy like what the patchuli and pepper does for this fragrance. Not on the top of my list but I like it.

guest_myrth
guest_myrth

it's only patchouli and peach, i can't smell anything else but this mixture is quite well balanced; became masculine on my skin after a while
5/3 stars

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

Anyone remember those gift sets which always included a tiny bottle of perfume plus a huge box of matching talc? The talc was inevitably in a round container, and under the top was a fluffy powder puff meant to be subtly applied to your face and bod. In reality, the damn things were so large one application made you look as though you'd been stranded down a chalk quarry for years.

The smell was always soft, warm, floral, generally with an underlying waft of violets/roses/both.

Well, here we are, back again, marketing all grown up but still as safe as bedsheets laundered by your mother, with the kind of scent a well meaning older sister would lend you. Even writing about it makes me fall asleep. And dream of chalk!

ChristyS
ChristyS

I find it quite nice and wearable, one of the best in the last years from Lancome in my opinion. A long-lasting, slightly sweet rose floral.For daytime wear. Surprisingly long-lasting.
Romantic fragrance :)..Oh, and to me it has no similarity with Coco Mademoiselle, which I also know very well.

guest_gracia.
guest_gracia.

I got a sample today i must said it smell very similar to coco mademoiselle the liquid colour is similar too, is just a copy, very disapointed but i never like the origuinal hipnose is a very simple perfume .

Divenus

Thank's kevaana, but it's not only my nose that is unique. I'm a very unique person to.
Like you, because we all are exclusive persons.

And since you agree that this pefume
could smell like Kelly Caleche, probably yours COCO smells like caleche too. Did you Konw what I mean?
And I understand tat they have nothing to do. Neither kelly with senses and coco.

It's your opnion, and it's my opnion. But don't you agree with me that we can't make a solid judgement of a perfume with just one spritz in a casual day? And compare perfumes and tell that they look like cheap copys smelling it just once, seems to me a little hard opnion.

I think I own enough perfumes (incuding this in discussion) to made a judgement if they look like or not.

But...
It's just my opnion, and who am I?

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

I sprayed it on a few days ago and I disliked it as well. I must say I don't really like the original hypnose either.

This one seemed to me as a very sloppy attempt to copy...Kelly Caleche

Hummmmm! This is great!

It's a floral oriental instead chypre.
When you spritz it firt notes are a fresh floral, subtle and soft. Almost doesn't smell.
But suddely it starts to turn in to a oriental woodsy touch that really reminds a lighter version of Onde Mystery by Armani. Something better for daytime and summer. Because Onde Mystery is a night fragrance.

Must tell too that has nothing to do with Coco Mademoseile. And neither with others Hypnoses...

It's very fine, and elegant. Different of every summer fragrances in the market right now.

Give a try, probably you will like.

Patricia84
Patricia84

I must disagree with the reviewer below. I have owned Coco Mademoiselle for years and Hypnôse Senses is not the same perfume. Yes, they are similar, but they are not identical. They actually smell totally different on me. I have tried Hypnôse Senses and it smells great although I think it's more of a winter perfume. I reckon it would smell even better layered with something else.

kevaana
kevaana

This fragrance is a shame.If we were in the world of crimes we would have called this a copycat. If we were in the world of music we would have called this plagiarism. But in the world of fragrances we call a "similar idea". This fragrance (with the slight exception of the top notes) is 100 %COCO Mademoiselle. Anyway is a cheaper version of Coco M. I am very disappointed by Lancome.

Hypnose Senses by Lancome 3.53 out of 5 based on 656 ratings and 130 user reviews

FragranceShop.com
HYPNOSE SENSES for WOMEN by Lancome EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 2.5 OZ
HYPNOSE SENSES for WOMEN by Lancome EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 2.5 OZ
Lancome Hypnose Senses Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Lancome Hypnose Senses Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lancome Hypnose Senses fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lancome Hypnose Senses, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Hypnose Senses by Lancome. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Hypnose Senses by Lancome represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.