Designers » L » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

La Vie Est Belle L`Eau de Toilette Lancome for women
dislike

nutty
almond
La Vie Est Belle L`Eau de Toilette Lancome for women Pictures La Vie Est Belle L`Eau de Toilette Lancome for women Pictures La Vie Est Belle L`Eau de Toilette Lancome for women Pictures La Vie Est Belle L`Eau de Toilette Lancome for women Pictures

At the beginning of 2014 Lancome is presenting a new version of the popular perfume La Vie Est Belle as EDT by transforming and shaping the composition towards lighter and more gourmet shades. The new version will be launched in spring and the composition will be perfect for that period of year.

In the latest version the accent lies on essences of magnolia as key ingredient of the composition set in an elegant powdery embrace of iris Pallida known as the key note of the original perfume - La Vie Est Belle Eau de Parfum edition and white flowers absolute that contributes to softness and sensuality of the composition.

Magnolia is one of the first flowers to announce spring and blossom its graceful petals. As a symbol of beauty and youth, magnolia in this fragrance mixes its aromas with warm, subtle and gourmet blend prepared in delicate way to warm us up, embrace and express the beauty of floral bouquet built of precious iris and white flowers.

Carefully selected flowers of the new composition reveal the joy and energy of awakening of spring and the beginning of a new natural cycle showing us their powdery and delicate gourmet face sweetened enough to elicit a smile and a feeling of happiness. Depth and warmth are provided by elegant patchouli and soft vanilla and gourmet face is revealed by almonds, pralines, sugar syrup and tonka.

The new fragrance of the La Vie Est Belle collection is signed by perfumers Anne Flipo and Dominique Ropion. Face of the advertising campaign is still smiling Julia Roberts, and her fragrance was eternalized by Carter Smith. Actress Julia Roberts has been cover face of La Vie Est Belle collection since presentation of the first fragrance in 2012 and now we'll see her on new photos of the advertising campaign prepared for spring 2014 promoting the new floral fragrance with sophisticated gourmet charm.

La Vie Est Belle L'Eau de Toilette arrives in characteristic form of heavy glass flacon decorated with an airy silver bow ribbon on the neck of the bottle. Liquid of the new fragrance is luminous pink. The fragrance will be available as 50ml EDT and 100ml EDT.

Magnolia Almond

iris White Flowers Patchouli

spun sugar Praline Tonka Bean Vanilla

La Vie Est Belle L'Eau de Parfum Intense
La Vie Est Belle

La Vie Est Belle L`Eau de Toilette Fragrance Reviews

Kon-nos91
Kon-nos91

Well, I hate LVEB, because it reminds me of a person I hate and because it's a very strong combination of a dirty patchouli together with synthetic sweet gourmandise tones with an edgy freshness.

I do love Lancome's quality, lasting power but mostly sillage of it's perfumes. It's super hard to compare it with other companies those days that watered down their already known perfumes.

I thought I would find a favorite LVEB edition, there are so many, I thought LVEB Intense one would be amazing because of it's whipped cream-hazelnut base, but no. I was first impressed by Florale newest edition because it's like they make original slightly fresher and simplier.

If I had to choose one, if LVEB was the only perfume on planet, believe me I won't cry that much and Eau de toilette edition would be my pick. Why? Because it's spun sugar tone lasts longer and because it's very good for winter ONLY. Not for summer. Even if you're a fan of LVEB EDP. I could write a lot explaining about all the editions tested, but there's no reason. All remind the original and it's natural since the name is the same. I hope Lancome will go ahead a little bit, be a little more creative and make new perfumes under it's signature than releasing extra editions of it's already used too much 'stars'.

nickhi1984
nickhi1984

I bought the EDT because a) it's cheaper and b) it's not as overpoweringly sweet. I sprayed this morning (one on my wrists, one in my neck) and the scent lingered the entire day. I took a shower about 12 hours after applying, only to find the scent still present after my shower. For an EDT (or just about any fragrance nowadays) that's some pretty good staying power. Very impressed with this one which works beautifully during our Autumn

auroramaria
auroramaria

I got the Florale but I do not like it as much as this EDT. This fragrance is divine it has just the right amount of sweetness and the magnolia keeps it elegant and feminine does not last more than three hours so you need to re apply during the day. For me one of the best out of LVEB line

mutintabailey
mutintabailey

This is lovely but does not last long and not intense it definitely is washed down watered down(little pointless to wear as it didn't last on me)
The EDP is much better!

shalimaraddict
shalimaraddict

The EDT is lighter, and the almond is more present. It dries down to quite a sweet fragrance, but it's definitely more office friendly than the EDP.

gibylovelyscent
gibylovelyscent

I love LVEB Edt. A lot. It lovely for young woman.but i dont care i love it than LVEB Edp or Flowerbomb Edt that i have.

kbot
kbot

Did NOT care for this. All I'm getting from it is powdery patchouli sweetness, NOT my thing at all. I expect more for the price. :-/

LisaLovesPerfume
LisaLovesPerfume

I found this to be very similar to the eau de parfum, but without the strong projection. Don't get me wrong, it is noticable, but without being potentially offending to other people. I love both versions and wear them quite often. However for people that may work in an office setting, this version would be a better choice. Being that I am a creature of the 80's and 90's, I happen to love a fragrance on a person that is noticable, but it seems people are offended so easily these days by beautiful fragrances that you can actually smell, it is truly a shame.

Spun sugar and not too natural magnolia are the leading notes. As I have L'Instant by Guerlain with natural magnolia, amber and honey, I don't need it. Uninteresting sweetness(

matty64
matty64

That bottle does something to me...I can't explain it?! It's beautiful!!

Sylvie-Aus
Sylvie-Aus

This version of " La Vie et Belle " is perfect for me as I do find the EDP a bit heady , pachouli is taking front row on my skin , I have to admit I am a bit bored with the pachouli mania . This is lighter with a hint of fresh floral , warm elegance , l'Eau de Toilette is delicious , versatile and user friendly . I am in love with it ! I would not wear it in summer / hot day though , I mean hot days in Australia since we having a very hot spring right now !

dirtbox_fairy
dirtbox_fairy

I love this! I have both this version and the EDP and I like them both but for different reasons. This one I love because its much sweeter and deliciously decadent! I really get the almond, vanilla, spun sugar and tonka bean notes but not a great deal else, only a slight hint of floral notes. It is lighter/not as heavy so is more suitable for spring/summer. The only thing I don't like about it, is that it doesn't last long enough, I want to smell delicious all day! :)

Musky4
Musky4

I completely agree with the reviewer below. I tried this again today for the first time in a long time and definitely prefer it to the EDP. It's less sickly-sweet and more refined. A nicer composition to my nose, but then I do like almond notes, so I guess that helps! I've tried all the LVEBs and think this is my favourite. It'd be lovely for Spring.

Bruno57
Bruno57

Just tried this one today ... So much more enjoyable than the eau de parfum !
It's still sweet but lighter and less heavy/sticky.
But remember: only one pschitt, it's enough ! Don't do like so many person who bath with this fragrance

I find it enjoyable! I love La vie est belle and the absolu version and this is just as good. Maybe just a little bit lighter. It's warm, comforting and incredibly sweet. Just delicious.
Now when the weather is getting rainy and cold I want to be inside the cloud of La vie est belle all day!
Delicious, delicious, delicious!!!

Steleale

Yes Berta you're right, this is more floral! :)

Steleale

Tinaelisa the EDT version is more fruity at the beginning than the EDP, but after 10/15 minutes the gourmand notes come out and they're not different from the EDP version, just softer and crispy at the same time. The lasting power is very good: I spryed on my wrist at 9 am and 6/7 hours later was still on!

Steleale

It's incredible how to similar fragrances (almost the same) could be so different at the same time. The EDP it's cloying and nosey, while the EDT is, yes very sweet, sugary and candy, but here patchouli makes a good job...it makes the fragrance more interesting and seductive. No red fruits here (tks God). The sillage is less heavy than the EDP, everything is less girly, more womanly, moderate either. I have to admit to myself: I like LVB EDT...

sarah.r.sahib
sarah.r.sahib

I dont care a bout the original La Vie Est Belle EDP cuz its so heavy to my nose and cuz me headache but this is amazing version very crisp and fresh with floral notes , very airy and silky and warm , the silage is fabiolus and longivity is superb ... very well done lancõme

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

I find La Vie est Belle EDT to be a bit more different from the previous Légère version and the original one. At first, there is a green magnolia, a bit synthetic and sharp. However, after a few minutes, the gourmand elements bloom and I was in delight. Besides the creamy praline, vanilla and caramel, there is also a lovely almond note within. Sometimes I even thought of coconut, which makes the whole composition very sunny and a bit tropical.

With time, the praline gradually subdues while some white flowers emerge. After about 5 hours, instead of a full-on gourmand, it almost smells like a very rich, milky concoction of vanilla and floral, covered by a light layer of cacao powder above.

The sillage is moderate and the longevity is almost 12 hours. While I can't say LVEB EDT is very innovative, it's quite steady comparing to some other similar offerings. I find this EDT more floral than the other two LVEB, which could be an interesting option for those who find the other two LVEB too heavy on gourmand elements. I'd also recommend it to those who like sweet vanilla and floral fragrances.

CozyCat
CozyCat

Out of all the 3 released so far (original, eau legere and edt), the original is still my favorite, eventhough it can be too heady and abit cloying at times, it has more depth, more layers, more body and more character, it's also the most delicious overall. This EDT is nice, but more generic than the original...the scent is not as distinctive and would be easily mistaken for many other perfumes in the market. It is nice though. Still not light enough for summer, but won't make those around you pass out (like the original would) even if you choose to wear it in the heat or to the office. Just as long as you don't overspray, ofcourse. Longevity is good for an EDT, good sillage too.

Littlegrassstraw
Littlegrassstraw

At first sniff I thought it is way too sweet but La Vie Est Belle has grown on me and I now like it quite a lot. My skin seems to enhance synthetic tonka bean: there tends to be a period when that is all I can smell and it stays dominant throughout. But otherwise the transitions of notes are smooth, like a film in extreme slowmotion moving from closeups of one luxury infused chocolate truffe to the next. I think it is the patchouli which makes it work for me as I do not enjoy to smell like food personally. It makes the mix perfumy enough and the drydown very nice to my nose. I think I will enjoy wearing this during fall when the sweetness can make me feel warm and cosy.
Strength and longevity are pretty good to me, it projects well and lasts the whole day (as I said, slowmotion transition).
I have not smelt any of the other LVEBs but judging from the other reviews, this is the right one for me as it's less sweet and a bit lighter.
In the right setting I think it could be rather sexy in the way covering yourself with something delicious tends to be - maybe not highly sophisticated but an instant attraction.

Shwets
Shwets

If the original was too intense and too patchouli the try the edt. Its certainly not original with other similar fragrances, however it is classy and a lighter version. I like this one!
My fav of the three (original/l'eau parfum and this l'eau toilette).

Update three hours later: on paper it smells like flowerbomb! On my skin its a lighter version of the original LVEB but masculine so prob would spray on clothes for myself.

Germany
Germany

Highly addictive fragrance. Similar to flowerbomb and bonbon as well as tho the other la vie est belle , Its fresh and sweet at the same time. I love the almond note in this , the fragrance is really very girly, womanly, sexy and pretty at the same time. I am so happy I got this version as it is my favourite of them all of the la vie est belles. Legere is also nice. I can smell the praline and vanilla a sugar with almonds. It's such a refreshing spin on the EDP.

Quite sweet at the beginning, but after a while it is silky like a cashmere pullover. Therefore, I think it is better for spring and fall than for hot summer.

Irinka Popova
Irinka Popova

for me this is better and more powdery than 1st LVB.not so sharp and sweet,very nice and soft.perfect spring temptation!!!

Luciak
Luciak

What a beautiful surprise! Ok, I am a perfume nut, and I have so many bottles of perfume sitting prettily on my shelf. What I do, and what I did not do this time, is buy blindly, or almost. Instead, I sprayed this lovely elixer on my wrist at the perfume counter, and then walked around at my leisure. Every once in a while, I took a sniff of my wrist, and I was so pleasantly surprised with each sniff. At first, there was a burst of warm citrus that was sweet and cozy. The middle notes were friendly and familiar. The dry down was a crisp and soft vanilla that settled so nicely on my skin. The sillage is just right, as far as I'm concerned. The lasting power is perfect. This is my new signature scent and I am so happy that I have finally found a scent that is perfect for me!

Lacrimosa
Lacrimosa

❀ A burst of sugary chocolate along with a mild but significant floral touch! Yummy, but not for me....!

iranperfumer

در نخستین رایحه این نام قدر و بینهایت سخت کوش که برای خود نامی در این دنیای مد و تنوع طراحی ها توانسته گوی سبقت را برای تمام خانمهاخواستار خود باز کند و در حس اولیه تمام مکانها ئی که وارد میشوید رادر اختیار خود قرار دهید.

morgienow
morgienow

Does anyone know if this will be sold in the US?

Decodawn
Decodawn

I had to go out and buy this fragrance and I love it!! The NEW EDT is a slightly different version this one is Magnolia the original LVEB was Iris. I purchased on the day of the launch in March 2014, I saw the Advert on TV with the beautiful Julia Roberts and thought i am going to try it! Lovely fruity, juicy opening, fun and fresh then moves to a more seductive and intense middle then finally a sensual and comforting base of Vanilla, chocolate and totally delicious. This fragrance is by no means an 'original' as it does smell incredibly like Flowerbomb also Jimmy Choo (that copied Flowerbomb) and also Shalimar Initial (that copied Jimmy Choo) and finally Si by Giorgio Armani, but hey, this is the fragrance business the highest form of flattery is to imitate. La Vie est Belle, will defo SELL mainly because of the Julia Roberts association and because it is a very pleasant sweet smelling fragrance but to me it does not compare with the likes of Coco by Chanel, No 5, or Opium or Shalimar, it is nice but not a CLASSIC.

Yosa
Yosa

I bought an unnamed fashion magazine today for one reason, and one reason only:

A 6 page ad for La Vie Est Belle L'Eau de Toilette, accompanied by a page-sized cutout carton splattered with the perfume! (WOAH! Talking 'bout an advertisement campaign..)

I love it! When I brought the magazine in the car and splashed it in front of my partner, his exact words were:

"If a woman smelled like that, I would run after her on the street!"

And that comes from a man who normally hates perfumes..

I'm picky with smells too, but I instantly loved this scent. It's sweet, but not overly so. It's floral and womanly, without being too 'old' or too 'young' - it could fit any aged woman.

It's a sophisticated fragrance. In fact, I think they picked the perfect celebrity for it - Julia Roberts! The smell really goes with her image. Pleasant, friendly, sophisticated in a joyful way..

La Vie Est Belle L'Eau de Toilette makes me think of a summer wedding - it's a happy perfume. It is a more commercial scent, but ever so pleasant!

redrose
redrose

a bit fresher and sharper version of original one- and this is what I love about this new fragrance. Still long lasting with good sillage. I do enjoy wearing it.

passionata20
passionata20

23. February 1014

Seems like the beginning of 2014 is filled with unremarkable releases. I have tried the new Balmains, Cavallis, DGs etc and they are very much unimpressive. La vie est belle EDT is another unnecessary release IMO. The bottle is all clear, not the blueish, like in the avatar picture and the juice is indeed smells just like the dilluted version of original LVEB, so nothing new. Made me yawn, so boring it was.
Ok, the sillage is good at least and stays on for over 4hrs.

I just received it today from France, and at first sniff, it smells very pretty, and not very different from the Legere version which I own It still has very much that gourmand vibe, but it is softer..I cant say I get much magnolia though, or iris,the gourmand side dominates quite a bit..I expected more floral, fresher also..if you already own LVEB Legere, not sure this is very different!? longevity is fine..overall, very nice, but not as springlike as I thought it could have been. More like a toned down version of the first two. But I honestly love it, it is my favorite of the three!!!

xclairabellax
xclairabellax

I cant wait to try it..I only wear La Vie Est Belle in the winter as I feel its a cold day fragrance. Therefore a spring/summer version is much needed.

HOWEVER -

Unfortunately I think the bees and wasps will have field day with this! makes me a bit nervous to even try it :S

La Vie Est Belle L`Eau de Toilette by Lancome 4.07 out of 5 based on 242 ratings and 37 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lancome La Vie Est Belle L`Eau de Toilette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Lancome La Vie Est Belle L`Eau de Toilette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Vie Est Belle L`Eau de Toilette by Lancome. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Vie Est Belle L`Eau de Toilette by Lancome represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.