Designers » L » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Magnifique Lancome for women
dislike

I have it: 533 I had it: 360 I want it: 259 My signature: 20

Magnifique Lancome for women Videos
Magnifique Lancome for women Pictures Magnifique Lancome for women Pictures Magnifique Lancome for women Pictures Magnifique Lancome for women Pictures

Magnifique by Lancome is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for women. Magnifique was launched in 2008. Magnifique was created by Olivier Cresp and Jacques Cavallier. The fragrance features saffron, caraway, rose, jasmine, sandalwood, vetiver and cypriol oil or nagarmotha.

Saffron Caraway Rose Jasmine Sandalwood Vetiver Cypriol Oil or Nagarmotha

Magnifique Eau de Toilette
Intuition

Magnifique Fragrance Reviews

victoria.mei1992
victoria.mei1992

Love it, sweet feminine, good for night.

polly golightly
polly golightly

zafferano, rosa, cumino e sandalo. speziato e legnoso senza essere greve. magnifico!

Sonja Novakovic
Sonja Novakovic

Wonderful, sexy perfume. I keep it for special occasions rather than wearing it every day.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

My mother had this perfume and I really liked it (although she herself wasn't a fan). It got discontinued, so when I saw an online store still carried it, I ordered it and was disappointed or wondered if it had turned bad. It was dry and sour.

Yesterday I fell in love with it again. I could once again pick up on it's sweet juiciness, and the saffron and wood seem perfectly blended. I think it might have to do with the weather changing, as it has finally gotten cooler and more humid.

On the right day, it's a gorgeous scent.

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

Bring it back :'( :'(

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

A beautiful warm, elegant and sophisticated perfume to my nose. I have been reading through some of the reviews and I really do not get some peoples` idea of a horrid perfume. To me this is one perfume that is everything I look for. Saffron, caraway and rose make this a spicy but not heavy perfume. Projection and longevity are good as well. This is a perfume of a lady who is confident and well groomed. Magnifique you have been well named.

Oh well, this is a weird one. It doesn't even smell like a perfume, more like a building material or some kind of chemical.
At first I got an alcohol smell, it faded away, but the perfume didn't get any better when time passed.
Such a shame!

galaxy86
galaxy86

Smells okayish. I have found better perfumes with same accords (except oily smell) which smell better and are reasonable. It smells more like fragrance oil I would burn in my liquid potpourri. I always wanted to know what is was and then read here, it has cypriol oil in it. Maybe I might grow to love it. Will try again in couple of years.

wee drop
wee drop

I have been unsure about this perfume right from the first time I smelt it. It hooked my nose straight away and I was intrigued by the top notes so I bought it. Once it develops it softens on me as the middle and base notes emerge BUT it does start to smell like rhubarb and custard sweeties.
I have to be in the mood to use it. If I'm going clothes shopping somewhere expensive I'll wear it then because it is different and edgy. A confidence boost in those circumstances.
Despite smelling like candy, Magnifique is very much an adult perfume, which I like about it

kayraven
kayraven

I haven't been eager to try this one, but I was just passing by it in the store and decided to give it a try. I wasn't prepared to even like this, but I sincerely did, at first. The first thought was: "Wow, this scent is beautiful!" But then it felt a bit too artificial and sweet, like the really unnatural chewy candy. Maybe a bit like gummy cherries. I do like rose smells so probably this was exactly what dragged me into it. Overall, after it settles it smells too boring, fake and unattractive. It has good lasting power, which I am impressed by. But what I am put off by is the bottle, which looks weird and doesn't link to the scent at all, the way I see it, it's far too edgy. And it's a bit too expensive for this kind of smell. Would never buy 'cause I'm a fan of unique fragrances and this is just too boring.

xabaras
xabaras

This is a beautiful scent. The saffron and the caraway in the opening create a spicy and fragrant mix which wraps you in a sexy veil. As it develops on your skin you get a hint of rose and jasmine, pleasantly blended, not overpowering. And then... we proceed towards a magnificent, just perceptible, smokiness into a land of woodsy notes. Magnifique indeed. This scent really distinguishes itself from the other ones. For an elegant romantic woman who knows what she wants.

IsabelAlice
IsabelAlice

Great scent. Warm and sophisticated, yet simple, it embraces you as a soft and tender cashmere. I guess that's the feeling Donna Karan would like to evoke within all those Cashmere fragrances, such as Black Cashmere (which I love very much) and Cashmere Mist.
The rose plays along, developing the fragrance, but not an onipresent rose, such as in Agent Provocateur (the first one). The basenotes of sandalwood, musk (yes, I get musk there) and caraway, with a heavy and welcomed hint of vetiver and cedar are comforting in a way I feel warm and relaxed to do all the activities my days are having nowadays. You see, it's not a comforting-go-to-bed scent, it's a comforting-you-go-girl scent. And least but not last, the spiciness of saffron, tingling sweetly with the tender jasmin note.

It has great longevity; sillage is heavy in the first 2 hours, then it moderates.

Wearing Magnifique I feel very womanly, feminine, confident and active. I perceive a sexyness that's not the boudoir one, a sexyness that comes from being assertive and charming.

I guess the ladies should give it a try, and the gentlemen also. The rose-spiciness may get very interesting in male skin.

Ali565
Ali565

This is one of my favorite perfumes.

I never quite liked the scent straight out of the bottle as I found it to be mildly astringent, but once I put it on my skin, I was hooked.

I kept coming back into the store to try it on and every time I kept loving the way it smelled on me.

When I heard it was going to be discontinued due to being very unpopular I was pretty upset. I figured either other people simply had no taste as far as perfumes went or my body chemistry just happens to be very unique.

I don't know as much about perfume as I would like, but from the sounds of it, I wasn't crazy about floral top notes but loved the dry down.

I have discovered that I am a sucker for anything woodsy smelling and this kind of had that quality to it. I have also always loved the smell of sandalwood and occasionally burn sandalwood incense in my house. So if this perfume has notes of sandalwood in it that might help explain why I like it so much.

I went and bought a bottle right away when I found out they were running out. I may even take to ebay to see if I can stock up on this scent, because like I said this is one of my favorite scents.

It's weird because I am quite picky when it comes to fragrances and many of them don't smell good on me. This one happens to smell good on me but apparently a good number of people don't think it smells on them. Maybe I am just an odd duck, but whatever the reasons, I will be on the prowl for this perfume and buy it wherever I can get it!

xnini
xnini

After 4 years Magnifique is still my favourite fragance. I love it!

Magnifique didn't capture me, I find it fell flat real fast, the top notes are promising, bright, full bodied, but then the scent doesnt open, it goes nowhere, looses steam, becomes light and non descriptive.
This is typical of most Lancôme,although they do have very interesting scents, Magnifique isn't one, sone scents are missing something to turn them into great creations. They are nice, pretty, pleasant, but lack the Waow, it is a Lancôme!?

Na0
Na0

I hate a lot of Lancôme's fragrances... But I LOVE that one ! This is so sweet ! And I love Anne Hathaway for the anecdote, she is so sweet and graceful. Nobody but her can represents that fragrance better !

danda74
danda74

My fav so far: it's spicy-fresh, rose/floral sensual, long lasting, wearable in many occasions and intriguing...
makes me feel comfortable anytime :)

Does anyone have a good alternative fragrance to suggest now that Lancome has discontinued it? (just choosed Saharienne YSL for spring/summer)

basgam
basgam

I can smell similarities to the original Tresor on me, but Magnifique is much warmer once settled. It opens quite sharp, spicy and woodsy, but after a while it settles beautifully on my skin with musky and warm notes. At the beginning it might be a bit overwhelming but after an hour it's gorgeous, subtle though smoky. Perhaps not my very favourite fragrance but definitely happy to have it.

kimbin.joong
kimbin.joong

please do not discontinued dizzz....really love d scent...makes me ALIVE

Lefemmenikita
Lefemmenikita

This is definitely not a run-off-the mill fragrance. It has a wonderful. alluring warm and spicy smell. Decent lasting power. I wish Lancome hadn't discontinued it

mylancome

Addict2Perfume: It's still available at some Lancome counters in my country.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Lancome Magnifique is quite unique! It takes a little while to like, but it grows on you. The spicy saffron top note mixed with a soft rose is not something you smell very often in fragrances. Caraway and vetiver are very warm so this makes Magnifique an excellent fall scent. The bottle is lovely and I think this fragrance recently became discontinued so if you are a saffron lover this is the scent for you!

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

I purchased this scent recently.. It´s for winter altough I don´t find it warm scent in my skin at all,it´s a soft floral innocent fragrance.. For my point of view it´s good for spring,becaue of such softiness it won´t hurt anyone´s nose.. I heard it was discontinued,don´t know if it´s true or not,but I already knew this fragrance,I liked,but never bought because,didn´t find it a must have at all,but since I´ve heard it was going to be discontinued It made me want to add it to my collection!! The longevity it´s pretty good,for this soft scent,but sillage it´s a real shame,unfortunelly,unless you are really close to me like hugging me or so,you won´t feel I am wearing perfume at all!! This is definelly woody, I don´t know what do I smell most,it´s perhaps safron,I just don´t know wich flower is that.. I also can detect roses,but barely.. Like I said,a nice scent,not a must have in my collection..

mhubbard

One more thought- reminds me of Madness but more expensive and not as easy to wear.

mhubbard

I don't find any similarities with Tresor. This one is much much more intense. Rather, think of Halston on steroids. It is loud, woody and spicey, a love or hate fragrance. It reminds me of the perfumes that older women used to wear 40 or 50 years ago. Not that its necessarily a bad thing, but beware. Best worn in the winter on very cold days and not to the office. Most people will not like this sophisticated scent and the very lightest application should suffice. That being said, it is growing on me as a refuge from Britney Spears type scents, as it is the polar opposite.

Kain
Kain

Overdose of floral notes in the synthetic way with sweetness and some spices in the background.
The opening is strong floral scent, mostly saffron and some rose, plus sweetness and very light spices in the background.
The floral scent is not light and transparent like most feminine fragrances. it's very synthetic.
It's a linear fragrance. so you have this scent all the way through. you can smell very light vetiver in the base too, but you need to search for it.
Longevity is very good and projection is Ok.
Personally as a guy, I don't like a women smell like this!
يه عطر زنانه نه چندان جالب
رايحه اوليه اين عطر بوي قوي گلها خصوصا بوي زعفران هست با مقدار كمي بوي گل رز. بوي زعفران تو اين عطر ملايم و خوشبو مثل زعفران دم كرده كه روي برنج ميريزن و فوق العاده خوشبو و دوست داشتنيه نيست!! بوي بسيار تند و شيميايي مانندي داره
اين بوي تند و قوي گل رو مقدار مشخصي بوي شيرين و كمي رايحه هاي تند و تلخ همراهي ميكنن كه البته خيلي ضعيفه و به سختي قابل استشمامه
بوي كاملا خطي داره و از اول تا آخر بوش يكسانه، فقط وقتي چند ساعتي كه گذشت و بوي گلها كمي ملايمتر شد، بوي وتيور يا همون خس خس بصورت خيلي ضعيف حس ميشه
پخش بوش متوسطه اما ماندگاري خوبي داره
شخصا دوست ندارم يه زن همچين بويي بده!!! اما باز سليقه شما مهمه و انتخاب شما

Jayela
Jayela

Very modern and elegant scent With no sillage. Shame on you.

caramellomacchiato
caramellomacchiato

one of my aunty is about 50 year old(still single and enjoy to be single);
once she told me,any time,when she wears Magnifique Lancome,she got a very pleasant date...
Magnifique Lancome is her Secret weapon~~

Kysyona
Kysyona

Tried to like it, tested it twice : it is so boring that I will not make any further attempts. I think I would have rated it higher if I had hated it: at least it would evoke some kind of emotion! - but this one is just BLAH. This is what happens when one tries to create a "commercial success": "boring generic" doesn't equal "liked by the majority"! It smells like everything and nothing, as if Lancome have mixed all their perfumes in 1 bottle thinking something good would come out of it. Even children's perfumes can be more interesting.I cannot draw any similarities between this and Poison, which I own and love for such a complicated bouquet that never stops opening new notes through hours of wear! This one, on the contrary, is surprisingly flat and undeveloping, it is definitely for those who want to blend with the crowd and don't want any attention, or the lucky ones, whose skin chemistry ups this perfume to something better and more distinct - I don't rule it out that maybe it's just me not cooperating. On me it sounds like pure mediocrity. The opening is even more blah than the drydown: alcohol + sugar + raspberries: alas, magnifique it is not.

apollinne
apollinne

Oh really ? Is it going to be discontinued ???

perfumebox
perfumebox

Magnifique is an interesting composition that’s cheerful, but has teeth. To me, it’s the olfactive interpretation of “coral” rather than “red”, as Lancome intended.

It opens with a burst of sparkling, spicy, fruity rose, made more interesting with the mildly bitter pungency of cumin. (NOT caraway as listed above.) As it develops, the rose softens as the fleshy sweetness of jasmine starts to seep into the mix, and the leathery saffron adds distinct texture and depth. The final dry-down is a smoky, herbal woodiness, accompanied by the lingering florals and saffron. Definitely not a generic crowd-pleaser.

I like it but probably wouldn’t buy it again because (1) I hear it’s been discontinued, (2) it’s got good projection and longevity so you won’t need to wear a whole lot, and (3) I use my 75ml tester bottle very rarely since I have to be in a very specific mood to want this.

ryanhuynh
ryanhuynh

I try this in my local shop I very love it because I very different from other fragrances I have. I love it

lulu7898
lulu7898

Beautiful from the start...Such a warm rose with a kick of saffron. The woodsy notes and the vetiver mellow out this beauty. My new best friend! And discontinued...

SallyB21
SallyB21

Like this EDP very much as I like rosy florals. This reminds me of Lancome Tresor one of my favourite fragrances but more grown up.

Tsukinohime
Tsukinohime

Magnifique is the scent of passionate love. The sensual rose blended with intoxicating jasmine creates an air of romance. Nagarmotha and sandalwood adds earthiness and warmth to the composition. When I wear this fragrance I can't help imagining myself in an erotic boudoir scene from some romance novel by Connie Mason or Jude Devereux. I feel positively beautiful and sexy. Elegant yet understated. Mature yet not in a matronly kind of way. Utterly sophisticated without being too complex or over-the-top. Much easier to wear than the overwhelming (yet beautiful) Tresor, but not as flighty as the candy cane sweet, vanilla laden Hypnose. It is fast replacing Hypnose as my favorite fragrance of all time. This is seriously beautiful!

Shtefitza
Shtefitza

This is oriental perfume I could wear daily without disturbing too many noses. :D It is overly simplified for my taste, but then again... quite a bit more amusing than a "generic" day perfume... Well done Lancome! This and Miracle So Magic are the only two perfumes Lancome can be proud of. OK, their O d'Azur and O d'orangerie are two very wearable "eau fraiches" that anybody could spray on after a shower and feel refreshed for another 2-3 hours (short lasting power).
Magnifique has quite a lasting power on the contrary.

mystica
mystica

I do like the smell of Magnifique, but somehow it's just too familiar, quite generic. A previous reviewer said that "it's too strong without any scent that makes it unique". This.

This fragrance reminds me more a juicy pomegranate scent than a rose scent. These roses smell synthetically and sour nearly like in Very Irresistable by Givenchy. Actually, this fragrance seems to me nice sometimes, but anyway it's not my cup of tea.

Dmarie0218

Spicy but not in a pink pepper spice... Very pleasant scent. The saffron sets this aside from others. A must have for winter time.

velvetnightmares
velvetnightmares

this perfume smells like raspberries on me... a warm light but very "playful" scent... just so lovely.

jreyes366
jreyes366

this scent smells so lovely on my sister but on me, it's awful. I don't know what it is about this scent but some of the notes just clash with my skin and make me smell awful.

HUEbris
HUEbris

spice like soda. for nowaday's powerful women.

celestialstar19
celestialstar19

This is a woodsy, smoky, rose. It is a compliment getter and it does last. If you like more darker take on a rose. I would highly recommend this one. I find it sexy and definitely smells way better than tresor.

Warm and chic. First I can detect Saffron, very soft and mild but yet intensive (in a good way). Next is Caraway, Jasmin and soft sandalwood. A great scent and I like it a lot. 1 spray and its a great every-day-scent. 3 - 4 spray's and its a great eveningparfum. But it fades quick from my skin, within 1½ hour its gone from my skin. Very shortlived for an EdP.

Varm och chic. Först känner jag Saffran, mjuk och mild men ändå intensiv (på ett bra sätt). Sen kommer Kummin, Jasmin och mjuk Sandelträ fram. En härlig doft som jag gillar mer och mer. 1 sprejning gör den till en härlig varje-dag-doft. 3 - 4 sprejningar så förvandlas den till en härlig kvälls/partydoft. Men den bleknar fort från huden, inom 1½ timme är doften borta från huden. Dåligt för en EdP, tycker jag.

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

Excellent , soft spicey-floral . Long lasting , on my skin about 8 hours . Can be compared with Tresor edp , but this one is more feminine , more '' chic '' . Positive vote .

KatyK
KatyK

At first I was just underwhelmed. It was an ok faintly woodsy, slightly boozy smell - not bad but not as spicy or sensual as I had hoped. Then came the drydown and it is just like Tresor! I know lots of people like it but I loathe Tresor - there is a particular note in it that is horribly screechy and sour to my nose and I cannot get along with it at all. I have compared the listed notes and I cannot identify from the info available which element is the bad guy but I wish I could so I would know what to avoid at all costs in the future!
Disappointing and I am not surprised it is being droppped.

mar-gosha
mar-gosha

Absolutely gorgeous! The slogan says it all: "You are unique, you are magnifique". That's how I feel whenever I wear this perfume. I remember the first time I smelled it - I got Macy's magazine in the mail, and there was that paper with a perfume on it. It was LOVE at the first sniff - rich, expensive,sexy and truly unique. My husband asked if I liked it and I already new he was going to get it for me. I received it from him on my Birthday and I treasure every drop. Too bad it is being discontinued, I don't know if I'll be able to find anything like this when I use up my only bottle. The sillage and staying power are awsome. This is a great perfume for special occation, not for everyday use. I imagine older girls in their 30's-40's, brunettes wearing it.

ohmira
ohmira

I love this perfume; it is my absolute favorite. It is very dry and so it's subtle, and earthy, which I also like. I am a fan of woodsy scents, but alot of woodsy scents seem to have sweet notes or fruity notes in them. The fruit/sweet notes always overpower the woodsy notes in my opinion. This perfume doesn't have that. I love it.

LindyLou
LindyLou

I love the woody notes in this it makes it seem powerful. Unfortunately the smells I like for a little while seem intolerable and 'not me' when I wear them for much longer. The one I tried had amazing silage especially to start. I always come back to the counter to have a sniff, to see if at last we're a 'match'.

Sassy1
Sassy1

Can you say "pencil shavings" and "blast o' plastic"??

Come on, Lancome, at least make some type of effort...

This stuff is downright horrid!!

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

To my nose (and skin) it's masculine. So, bought it! :D

1melany
1melany

Totally in love with it!!! I had sooooo much good comments about it. First perfume I found who stays on my skin.

vdxl
vdxl

Not extremely interesting, but I appreciate that you have some sillage, presence and a nice bottle. It tries to smell like a classic fragrance in an embarrasing manner: it immitates classic rose fragrances that our grandma would use and mix then with artificial fruit flavourings. Not that magnifique, but at least you have some decent perfume when compared to the new O flankers or Tresor in Love

pink sugar 80
pink sugar 80

I dont like this perfume at all and I dont understand why anyone would like this . This scent smells just like bug spray . Way to strong and gives me a headache !

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

Warmth sweet, slightly spicy, smoky and woody. The thing is: it isn't too much sweet but the centerpiece in it is this. From this point, all the other aspects are mild.

I can feel saffron and caraway but everything is really subtle. Caraway smells for me like a rather resinous, less smoky and creamy tobbaco. Saffron is spicier than this, but don't appears too much either IMO.

I would love more this one if it was spicier and more woody. Anyway, good scent and romantic appealing. A little lipstick perfume emerges from my skin sometimes and I like it.

SheShe
SheShe

I don't like it because it has medicinal feeling (saffron?) and I don't feel comfortable wearing it. I don't think Anne Hathaway suits the perfume (she's in the ad), she looks so sweet and cute and the perfume seems mature and sophisticated - it doesn't match. In fact there's something that attracts and repells in the perfume ;) and it is interesting, just not for me.

id
id

Subtle smokey leather feeling (saffron and vetiver creates it I believe) at first and later it comes the rose. Interesting, not sweet. Woody spicy more than usual floral woody musk. There is almost no musk in this scent for my nose. That's good. Perfect scent for autumn.

karisma2011
karisma2011

"c'est unique, c'est magnifique...", well they were damn right!:)

fantastic fragrance, warm and spicy! it always reminds me of Christmas, maybe because i have received it as a present 2 years in a row...? equally magnificent on a sunny day and definitely in my top 10. well done Lancome!

Kiyenna
Kiyenna

Once I smelled the sample I was hooked. I thought about it all the time until I bought it. It seems the more mature fragrances that hold me are pretty controversial. But I adore this perfume. It smells very classy and elegant. I wear it on special occasions and out to dinner. It is very crisp and clean. But also slightly sweet. And woody. It reminds me of being in a forest in the autumn with its rich, dark woods.

Also, Anne Hathaway looks gorgeous on the ads.

Diablo
Diablo

Magnifique name fits perfectly for this fragrance
my wife have it and when she use it so I think she smells wonderful, sexy , very attractive and happy. if I smell this frangrance of other women and I will turn my head once again, look and smile at her. it is the best female fragrance I've ever smells. it has a beautiful bottle with the red color and the red color signals love. I give my wife that love when she use it:)
Men love this fragrance on a woman and women deserve it.

antonpan
antonpan

Magnifique is an extremely beautiful fragrance. It, unfortunately, hasn't become bestseller, because of being too complicated and weird for most of customers. The scent isn't warm: it is cold and sour floral with addition of woody (a bit masculine) notes that make Magnifique so unique and hypnotic. Real sex in the bottle!

Roma27
Roma27

It's windy & cold outside tonight & I decided to wear this, might just spritz it before bedtime but I think it definitely will still be lingering by then. It's undeniably intriguing to say the least. A job well done to Jacques Cavallier with this fragrance. Ultra feminine is what comes to mind. The sandlewood & rose so delicate & soft on my skin. Woodsy indeed with musky undertones gets highlighted the most for me, not even a hint of jasmine detected on my skin. I just adore this, it soothes me, calms me down. I wish I discovered it sooner, all the mainstream perfume shops have discontinued this in my country. Only one or two small perfume shops still keep it. Now I have to hunt it down & keep it stashed away. It's one of those you want to hang onto long after it's been discontinued. I get hints of Tresor on the drydown which I absolutely love. The bottle on its own is just too precious for words. Ultra stylish in its simplicity. A perfect choice. Must add that I simply love Anne Hathaway, she's a porcelain beauty & her unique style suits this fragrance.

MsRachael
MsRachael

The bottle is very classic looking, and upon first sniff I was intrigued, but those first promising notes never developed into anything worth celebrating. Quite simply, I find it flat and unremarkable, which is almost worse than it being horrible. It blends into the background, a wallflower. The slightly unusual smokey, woody rose that first presents itself quickly departs, leaving a thin, mildly spicy jasmine that then simply runs off with its tail between its legs. Nothing special.

sarazonoz
sarazonoz

Hmm.. On me, all I get is wood, smokey wood and.... that's it! It doesn't develop into anything else.. I feel like I just got back from a whole day of chopping wood near an open fire in a forest. Not a fan, sorry : (

vanillablossom
vanillablossom

this is the most beautiful Lancome perfume in my opinion. I have finally got a bottle after admiring it for many years but being not quite sure if i'd wear it much. I am thrilled to now have it as its sophisticated, sweet and a bit woody, excellent staying power.

mylancome

It was gifted to me by my girl friend. In Asia, this consider a very erotic perfume with a review, if you don't want to get pregnant, never let your husband smell it. But when apply on my skin, there's no erotic effect, just smells elegant, high taste. I use this a lot cause stays on my skin. One of my sweetening perfume.

Anup
Anup

***WARNING: THIS IS BEING DISCONTINUED, BUY THIS UP WHILE YOU CAN!***

Not to be confused with our good friend of a different magnificent quality, Mr. secretions. Lancome magnifique is very sweet, dark and radient. A sunset in a bottle. In many of my other reviews i mention that my mother worked a Lancome counter when i was a teenager.
I remember her bringing this home in a signed box from the regional Lancome representative. It read "you are magnificent, you are unique. You are magnifique Briggette!" It was for her birthday, and i could tell she loved it.
The catch is, it didn't love her. My mother found this hard to wear because of how strong and radient it is. For example she sprayed it in the living-room last time i came to visit, and it lingered at about %90 the whole 6 hours i was there. If anything, you won't need to apply this but every other day.

This is pretty linear, which is nice in my opinion. There is a sophisticated, familiar candied...something accord that i can't quite place. I'll have to obtain a notes sheet from my mother if she still has one. Along side that there is also a very "golden amber" esque dried herbaceous note.
Reminds me of a fancy dinner in a big city hotel, driving home in the 20 degree cold and the heat in your car on full blast, giggling, talking and shivering!

I approve

Smell: 9
Longevity: 10++
Sillage: 10++

Christian14596
Christian14596

WOW.. this fragrance smells really good! on my skin its smells like something fruity yet still spicy.. I have never smelled any fragrance like this before which makes this really unique. The lasting power is incredible.. Its smells much better if you apply the body lotion first! This is one of the best fragrance out there!

When I read about this one I thought it would be a "roomkiller" - but its not. Soft warm saffron it my first impression, then some vetiver. I think Magnifique is for a grown up-woman. Nice scent that stays close to me. No sharp or heavy notes when I spray it on my wrist.

fanny
fanny

I like it, but I find it a bit too harsh. What's worse: there is practically no development nor depth in Magnifique.
What You Smell is What You Get.

Magnifique has two elderly sisters she can't live up to, still, she has some good genes in common.

The first one is SpellBound.
Not harsh at all but strong, with much more warmth and growing like the most beautiful plant around your body.
Secondly Paris.
A bit loud, but as in an orchestra of classical notes, with heavenly accords.

Both really Magnificent Perfumes, leaving any contestor far behind..

camillia
camillia

Magnifique is cool and distant femininity. It comes across to me as crisp and aseptic.
I smell the fumes from woods and spices. These have been cleansed of any impurity. There are rose petals in there, too. All together it smells a bit medicinal and soapy, but that is not a bad thing.

It's a linear scent, and fades rather fast. (I would expect a fragrance to hold on a paper strip for 1 day, but this-one did not)
However I like it enough to wish, people around me would smell like this. Actually, if I had the fragrance, I would wear it from time to time, too.

Sapphins
Sapphins

The smell makes you feel warm and relax, but not very impressive.

perfumeaddict
perfumeaddict

Magnifique is interesting and distinctive. I like it, but don't find it very spicy or smokey, and in fact was expecting a little more kick from the vetiver.

ChickyC
ChickyC

I've never had this happen to me before but I tried the EDP and got a very light fruity top note....then nothing! No roses, vetiver, woody notes. Looking at the notes I should LOVE this perfume but it just seems to evaporate on my skin :(

I'll try again soon...

UPDATE: Tried again and though I get a little more spiciness if I put my nose to my wrists it's still just very watery. My skin I guess - luckily I only bought a mini

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

Saffron? Rose? Jasmine? Sandalwood? Vetiver? Wow! All of my favorites wrapped in one scent! No wonder I love it. When I took my first whiff at the perfume shop in my town, I was enthralled. I smelled a cold, menthol, spice...almost green and sparkling...in one word, Enchanting. I love it, but I think since we are going into spring, I'm afraid if I bought it now, I wouldn't reach for it. This will be absolutely perfect during Indian Summer. Can't wait to purchase and wear it. Every phase of this perfume has intrigued me. It definitely morphs and changes and offers new surprises-all beautifully seductive. I think men will love this one.

Blackstar1957
Blackstar1957

my parents bought me a magnifique set which came along with a 30ml EDP, a 50ml body lotion and a 50ml showel gel. All i can say is that i LOVE this fragrance! its very different which makes the fragrance very unique.. it is a very complex fragrance and its very hard to describe the notes. on my skin Magnifique smells like a spicy yet fruity fragrance with a hint of floral. ITS AMAZING. the lasting power is beyond amazing .. the only downside to this fragrance is that it is very heavy and too strong for me bu i can deal with that! i also get so many compliments when i wear this!

Christie171
Christie171

Magnifique smells so rich and sexy without being trampy. Definitely something to wear on a night out.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Oh, this fragrance has such a hypnotic effect on me. When I first sprayed it, I almost got a lightly jarring sensation of clean, nutrient-rich bark mulch, infused with spices and a hint of rose, which immediately got my attention.

Then an arid, aromatic vapor arose--so much like a pyre of really dry exotic timber and mounds of dark red, almost bitter dried rose petals. I felt like I was sitting, spellbound, staring into the flames of an exotically mesmerizing bonfire.

Magnifique doesn't feel 'hot' however and is closer to the dry incensed vapor that might arise from a fire such as this, rather than its embers or flames.

The drydown is earthy, rich and dark, woody rose which stays really close to my skin.

Magnifique could get by as a soft, masculine scent, but I think it's more suited to women.

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Perfume)

Oh, MAGNIFIQUE… I am addicted to your woody, smoky and spicy beauty. I literally stay glued to my wrists to inhale it over and over. I grant it that it is unique and hard to describe, definitely one of those fragrances that either evoke strong love or hate. I am trying to figure out why I find it so enchanting. There is this hot but comforting feeling to this fragrance that I find quite appealing. Perhaps it is this mysterious and evocative nagarmota wood scent?

The opening is spicy and warm. Some reviewers mentioned tobacco like notes and I agree. It also reminds me a bit of a burning wood and fall leaves. The scent develops quite beautiful on my skin with the spicy woods and tobacco notes mixed with the subtle but red hot roses. The saffron note is quite noticeable in the opening and in the heart notes. The scent stays linear on my skin with the smoky and spicy woods and a bit of hot roses. The sillage is close to the skin but the longevity is quite long.

This fragrance reminds me so much of a fall season with its deep shades of burgundy, gold and orange. I love fall season especially when I can travel to the mountains and see all the shades of autumn highlighted by the beauty of mountain picks and calm lakes. I see MAGNIFIQUE being my companion on those trips sharing it's haunting beauty with the fall scenery and inner reflections. This fragrance does not speak loud but it has the determination, confidence and strength mixed with the deep sensuality. It is like taking a hike on a beautiful fall trail and then cuddling with a lover by the fireplace in a remote cabin. MAGNIFIQUE is a beautiful fragrance but I recommend sampling before buying as this fragrance is quite unique in my opinion.

Lancome MAGNIFIQUE is neither sweet nor very floral to my nose. I find this composition to be a somewhat earthy, light woody oriental, which stands out as unique for its caraway seed note. I do not smell literal caraway seed (as in GUCCI edp), but I do believe that it mixes with the wood to produce an almost ashy quality. The saffron note, too, seems quite subdued, at least compared to other saffron perfumes I've sniffed.

MAGNIFIQUE seems clearly unisex to me, but judging from other reviewers' remarks, there must be a lot of variation on different people's skin. (There are even comparisons to TRESOR!) I rather enjoy this smooth, subtle, smoky creation, which is linear and low-sillage with excellent longevity. Although this is not an exciting perfume, it is a likeable one.

Matin
Matin

Magnific, could not have put better name.
For my it is a really elegant, sophisticated, ardent and deep perfume.
A "musk" of "haute couture" and long duration. I have proved it and still the following day, after the shower still I sit it in my skin. It remembers me to Tresor but in the good sense (Tresor is a perfume that I do not support) this one has a younger and luminous touch inside the elegance and the opulence that wraps it. Not if it is a perfume for my, but certainly it looks like to me a great perfume.

teetee
teetee

I absolutely love this one.
Can t say it s perfect, but it is different. It is no smell-like-all-the-others perfumes i smelled lately.
It is young, shameless, warm...and strong. On me, it is spicy clean a bit synthetic perfume.

The opening is really spicy, caraway explosion. After two minutes it gets better...the other note are in harmony, stays for hours like that. ends up with synthetic gum after 4-5 hours (EDP) (this plastic end has most of lancome fragrances on me.. i have wierd skin, perfume reacts differently on me than on my friends.)

sofiii
sofiii

Magnifique EDP starts with a burst of syrup sweetness, not like some sugary cloying perfumes, the syrupness in Magnifique is quite clean, sharp, young and slightly watery in a tuberose sense, but of course, don’t worry, it smells nothing like tuberose. If Magnifique stayed this way, I would’ve happily purchased a bottle, because the top notes is quite lovely, young, optimistic, sweet in a light spirited way.

Soon there’s the saffron, spice, dirty nuts and a little bit earth notes emerges and takes over. I am not a fan of this combo due to the reminiscence of old, decaying, dim places and unwashed stuff. In some werid sense, Magnifique is kinda similar to Treson at this stage, the kinda dusty blurry softness somewhat makes me feel it’s quite cuddly, but totally not what I think what magnifique would smell like. This kinda cuddly feeling is like…hmmm… when you visit your really old grandma in a cold winter afternoon, there’s good sunlight in her house, you see all the dust coated photo frames, you smell the old rugs, tea towels and some aged biscuits which have lying there in a fancy china plate for a while due to nobody’s bothered to eat them in that house…and your grandma’s not wearing any perfume for years, she comes over to embrace you, and you can smell the weird(in a nice way) but familiar scent from her sweater and scarf.

During the dry down, the perfume gets more floral, but still with the golden dusty sense and the saffron, spice undertone. As time passes, the floral nice syrup smell entangles with the dusty, slightly wooden medicine drawer scent; and surpassed the wooden heaviness, and this combo smell quite rich, warm, self-assured, and somewhat really effortlessly chic.

Personally, I love the start and dry down a lot, and find the mid-stage purely weird as a perfume to wear. Pity, maybe it’s my chemistry.
Still, I would recommend Magnifique especially if you like saffron and sweet, kinda dark perfume.

xyelox
xyelox

i get a miniature of this, im gonna say i totally love it. very musky, but when it settles down, girl u gonna love this! :)

JustinV
JustinV

Hi girls, I know I am a guy, but here's my take for this scent. My mom has it...XD

On my skin (yes I spray it on me for the test):
Top : A weird, synthetic-like flowery scent, that lasted about 5 minutes, and it settles down it with saffron scent (yup, there is saffron in it!!), some spices lingering below, but not over powering, and other flower-like scent creeping up the surface, with a pinch of grassy scent. 3-4 hours mark.

Middle: Some musky scent pops out, something sweet-like-flower scent (which smells drinkable) creeps in. But i can still detect some synthetic vibe on the scent. Some smokey like incense emerges, but not outstanding, you will have to get very close to detect it. 3-4 hours mark.

Base: The scent calms down into amber like scent, with the top and middle notes lingering in the center. 1-2 hours mark.

This scent is kind of funky for few minutes...and then it becomes like a soft, gentle scent, which is amazingly pleasant to my nose.

Quite powerful, but gentle at the same time, it is not invigorating.

100% feminine scent,girls say 'you are gay today' when I am on this, hahahahahaha!

This scent has lots of 'some' in its ingredients, some incense I detect, some flower, some smokey-like scent, some of this, some of that, but the core is for sure the saffron.

This is 100% younger crowd scent, I can't imagine grandma's on it (Chanel no 5 is for sure grandma, hahahaha!).

I would recommend this for any ladies 22+ up.

Not many will like this scent, this scent is like a weird science project conducted by dr evil lancome, and it pops out to be something weird. Its a love-hate scent for sure.

Ladies, you do not want to go over board with this, its one spray to your 'in-between-your-breast' when you are wearing a low v-neck, and one shot on each of your wrist--> and a quick touch from your wrist to your neck's pulse points.

Or two on each neck pulse points (or 1 on the center of your neck), and one shot on each of your wrist--> and a quick touch from your wrist to knees if you are wearing skirt.

The scent which is perfect for dinners or functions. I can imagine a pretty young lady with a sense of humour and 'I am the kind of girl you can get married too' pulling off with this.

Function scent for sure. It is gentle, it could leave good impression. Don't wear this to office, it's too 'expensive' for it. XD

The country I am in has no 4 seasons, so it is either hot or cold weather. This works very well night for sure, it get cloying in the day.

My rating (base on 5 stars)

Scent: 4 (pleasant, gentle, weird at times, all you can get from a pretty lady at the evening function, who loves computer games??? HAHA!!!).

Sillage: 4 (Great sillage, it could leave a trail depending on body chemistry, mine can for sure =p).

Time length: 4 (For an eau de parfum that last 10 hours? Is more than enough to give good impression).

Occasion: 2 (This is where it falls, it is best at night for sure, please don't use it in clubs, this is something for gowns, for you to be social able scent, guys will hate you if you use this at clubs).

Overall base on mathematics: 3.5/5, but a perfect 5/5 for function wear =)

Fragaria
Fragaria

I tested this one and the only thing that really shocked me was the price! I sprayed it and thought absolutely nothing. I've never had this happen! It wasn't bad, or good, or strong, or too faint. One review said it's not so sweet. True enough, nor is it spicy. It's nothing I couldn't wear but wouldn't desire to either. You certainly can't go wrong with this but I didn't think I would pay more than 10.00 for this for the simple fact that it just didn't move me OR my purse strings! I Don't really know what to think of this.

priyaya
priyaya

I'm 20 years old, and most of my same aged girlfriends, and co-workers take mostly to wearing very sweet and candied perfumes in which they all somehow feel comfortable in.

I heart magnifique because i feel very feminine wearing it, but also a neutral and confident individual without feeling too stereotypical 'girlie'.

when i smell magnifique, i think of something lush and exciting, its ridiculously feminine but still balanced and not over the top like alot of those perfumes i've been testing thats marketed to my age bracket.

Another plus for me is that it doesnt make me feel like i'm wearing something that would only suit an older woman (when i say older i mean late twenties+) which is my main dilemma.

i find its particularly hard to find a perfume that matches my age at the moment.

i guess i do feel a little unique, in my world, wearing it. <3

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

Magnifique is a spicy fragrance. It opens quite loudly and sharply with Saffron, and this openning lingers quite a while. Then the Rose and Jasmine gradually emerge, here I can feel a tinge of sweetness but on the whole it still continues the spicy vibe. The floral chords doesn't last very long then followed the Sandalwood and Vetiver, this stage is a creamy woody feeling, from here it will last quite long, almost one day. I guess Lancome didn't define it as a day-to-day scent but targeted it to specific audience.

Overall, IMHO Magnifique should be categorized under "Orental Spicy". It's the type that can be easily noticed and identified. The most suitable occassion where it would be shining is at an evening banquet, and of course its hostess should be wearing a red evening gown and delicate jewelrys. BTW, the bottle design is right, the red color and the gradient effect match this perfume quite well. It was also a success that they invited Anne Hathaway to star the advertisement vedio.

Helsinki
Helsinki

Magnifique,

you have a peculiar way to start yourself. Your top notes are considerably masculine: Eucalyptus, menthol, super fresh. Right after that, a bunch of flowers and spices take turn. I could detect rose and jasmine very soon. And as surprising as it was to me, the vetiver note also exists.

The thing I'd like to know, Magnifique, is are you Escada S's little sister? You share a similar character indeed.

LoneCamel
LoneCamel

agrees with Xandria, feels like a modernized lighter Tresor and i prefer this one. i get citrus, cinnamon and something vey naturally fresh and green.. oh that's the coriander?. nice one, safe and warm

yaya5
yaya5

Such a strange smell for me, I still don't quite "get it" but I absolutly adore it. It's kind of dry and fresh with a slight, but very sexy, spicy/wood note. Very addicting!!!Also, it is sweet but only slightly. When you put it on your skin it hovers like a cloud above it, and it is long lasting too.

--Juss

fanhermes
fanhermes

The first note is very strange...then something happens and it turns into somehing unexpected, light, flowery and simple. I think it is a perfume for spring, although the sillage and strength are quite good. Unfortunately it is not unique, so...I won't buy again!

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I bought this perfume based on a tester which I liked and now if it wasn't for my mum borrowing it it would never get used.
I can't believe there is no orange in this, it is all I can smell. Orange, rose and sandalwood. It really isn't very woody to me. This is certainly a lovely warm fragrance, but very strong, more for winter. Not for me.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

I have tested this more than once. It's nice, smelled good on me, but each time I didn't fall in love with it... not enough to buy it. I keep thinking I will, hence the multiple tries. Then again, I've never been a fan of Lancome's perfumes. I find them to be too overwhelming and sweet. Not my thing. This is the only one that ever made me stop and think...

nancinha
nancinha

Magnifique is one of those perfumes that I smelled and was intrigued at that moment. I didn't buy it right away because I wanted to think about it first.

I went back a few months later and this time I actually tried it on myself. I couldn't stop smelling my wrist... the girl at perfume counter told me that this has nargamota wood (or however you spell it) and that it has addictive properties... that explained it! I didn't hesitate to but it right then and there and I'm glad I did.

I have received compliments on this perfume... it smells amazing on me. It's perfect for Fall/Winter, for a special night out. Believe me, you won't go unnoticed if you're wearing this ;) I love it!!!

scent_lover
scent_lover

to be honest i don't really like it. i don't think of it as a special scent standing in the crowd of all the others... to me is more floral than anything else and quite soft. a spring perfume for young girls. but nothing stunning really.... sorry

adele l
adele l

This is a very sweet rose- almost detect berries in the opening. It dries down warm and delicate. It's very nice but seems to have no lasting power on my skin which is unfortunate b/c the saffron and carraway give it a distinctness.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Woody musk???? No, no , no.....
Oriental spicy??? Yes!!!!
The caraway note is quite dominant with a little bunch of flowers...The fragrance is quite unique, I have never smelled anything like this before!
Great for office as well as a romantic date.
I strongly disagree with some of you, it is not a sheer or subtle fragrance.
To me it is quite distinctive, feminine (despite vetiver note) and a mood uplifting fragrance.
Will be perfect for coming winter!
One of the best fragrances made by Lancome, that is for sure.

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

The bottle is perfectly clear contains a Rose&Romantic scent.Magnifique is Worthy successor for Hypnose and Miracle.Unfortunately i have sensitivity at it but It is still a LOVELY scent for me.Why?Because i never tired of LANCOME fragrances.

Trait?Warm,Woody,Floral definitely Rose,Elegant,Romantic,Rich,Feminine. One of the best ROSE scents.Strong opening and almost Sharp to my nose but Turns Romantic and Handsome quickly That makes you feel Womanly.The base notes is Serious and Wonderful.

It is more of an Intimate scent.Yes quite Special.Suitable for AUTUMN/WINTER Evenings.Overall Everything about it ROMANTIC and Gives You feel like Clothe Body with Rose.I recommend it For a Lady who is not afraid of LOVE.

Sillage&Longevity?Are both Superb for me.

7.5/10

Xandria
Xandria

for me,it's Tresor for younger. not too offensive as Tresor. i like both, by the way.

Lottis
Lottis

I like that there is nothing girlish about this fragrance.
The rose scent is so far from the 'classic' one is my opinion. It is spicy and full of saffron, which highlights the rose scent in a very refined way. Clearly, this is a different rose.
I would say that Magnifique makes you feel like a sophisticated modern woman.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

Hmmmm, new age woody incense! I like it!

There is an artifical note here, maybe the plastic some others have mentioned. I don't think it detracts horribly from the rest of the perfume though.

Overall a unique, handsome, intriguing scent. I would wear it.

alexanna7
alexanna7

Love the saffron note and vetiver in it !that makes it more woody spicy.love the rose in it !And the jasmine!verry subtle fragrance!meaning many notes that create that wonderful fragrance!

Sissi
Sissi

What i notice about Lancome perfumes
that they have an distinct scent apart
from other fragrances lancome has a sweetish light and woody texture
notice Poeme Miracle Hypnose Tresore
and Hypnose senses all have this sweet vanilla
and woodsy scent that is sort of their
trademark.

The top note starts with saffron with
it's woody & sweet accord with the spicy drydown of Caraway. the middle dries to a Velvety scent of crushed Red
roses and fiery Sandalwood i can detect
a vanilla note in this so i think they
should place an vanilla note in the
note cards.

The color of the flacon is beautiful deep Ruby Red on top but dilutes to a
Clear Crystal at the bottom the sunset
motif beneth the red sky very cleaver.

vetiver
vetiver

Roses, spices, more roses, musk...i love it. I can smell it even after 7 hours!! and it will be in my clothes untill the next day! i like it very much, so feminine and elegant.

remas1
remas1

i like this perfume too much
after five minute the smell is very very nice .. realy realy very nice perfume

zvoncica
zvoncica

Magnifique is one of the perfumes with promising title, notes and producers fame. It does start great, extremely woody, not sweet, with faint rose and jasmin note. Opening has success potential and classy look, although it is similar to many market available floral woody musk scents. Except lack of uniqueness, Magnifique`s biggest fault is poor strength and no staying capabilities. Beautiful sandalwood and rose are swallowed by my skin during one hour.

Magnifique as word equals to splendid or excellent. Magnifique by Lancome equals to nice. Not impressed!

Marisa36
Marisa36

Ok I will admit that I'm now obsessed with this fragrance. This is going to be the first new scent I buy for winter. Really like that is soft and warm and ultra feminine. Can't wait!

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

Did someone say cloying??? Come on... to the over appliers and quick sniffers, make sure you haven't bathed in the most loved and fragranted Bath and Body Products in the shower before putting on your perfume... yes, this will make a difference. Don't put on scented lotion, before then layering your perfume on top of it all. YES, it matters. It's actually a really nice fragrance, sadly discontinued like anything else with substance and quality.

Vanilla violin
Vanilla violin

On my skin Magnifique presents itself as a beautiful and elegant rose scent. It is very romantic and tender in a reserved and well mannered way.
It reminds me of Tresor's dry-down but it is not as powdery.
Obviously it depends on the body chemistry. My recommendation is that you skin test it first before making a decision to purchase. It is definitely worth the money.

silent_statue

from all my perfumes, magnifique is still having the most unique & identifiable smell from others, which i love it most. i feel myself being pampered when wearing magnifique, and i feel less stress when i am wearing it for work. i would say that magnifique is magical & unique! many thanks to this fragrance creator.

NatWeb
NatWeb

This is a rose in the same style as Stella - a bit spicier and different to your usual sweet, jammy, straight rose scent. The top notes are almost like a drydown texture, very sultry and powdery and envelope you in a cloud of dark floral spice. At first I thought this would be a day fragrance but the more I have used it the more I think it is suited to evening. It's not a sweet frangrance at all, it's mysterious and alluring and changeable, ideal for a romantic dinner or midnight interlude. The bottle is a delight and exceptionally suited to the scent. Its staying power is pretty good but not overpowering. While most Lancome scents appeal to the mass market, I can't say i've smelled this on anyone else asyet and it's been available for well over a year. Very very nice.

guest_leily
guest_leily

This perfume is very beautiful. Its a nice citrus spicy scent. The only problem that I have is that it doesn't seem to last all day. Or maybe its my body chemistry, and as we all know, different people give off different scents when wearing the same perfume. i wish that my chemistry worked well with this perfume because I love the rich, classy scent. actually, i think it does work well with my body scent, a little bit.

LoveLy
LoveLy

this is really okay but its really plain and not unique...it smells like "perfume" that's it

fragrance_is_happiness
fragrance_is_happiness

This one is another scrubber for me. Too sharp and artificial for me. Doesn't change much. Smells horrible, something that I can't stand in this one... must be combination of saffron with some other note... Sorry. Love, love, love hypnose though.

Chaminou
Chaminou

Nice and simple, nothing special. I tried it many times, on my skin after a while it turns something disgusting chemical, like melted plastic. My Mam doesn't feel this strange smell, and she cannot understand, what I am talking about. Actually I had the same with YSL Parisienne, so beautiful, but then...

CherryBlossom
CherryBlossom

Just I got this perfume yesterday with others perfumes from Lancome and I'm totally amazed, really I like so much in my skin. Initially It smells more spicy (Saffron) but after approximately 20 min. reveals a floral heart of roses very pleasant (bulgarian rose and may rose). Also, this It's a very original and elegant fragrance in its base contains Nargamotâ (papyrus wood), so I recommend 100% to test in your skin and You do not let to influence for negative comments, remember each perfume is unique in each person =).

jigglyclefairypuff
jigglyclefairypuff

The lingering woody saffron notes make Magnifique iconic in itself.

However, unlike most fragrances, this lacks development so basically you smell the same characteristic notes over and over again.

It's unique, original and not so mainstream, therefore its almost impossible to get bored with this.

Few would consider this 'spectacular' but it is different from most modern scents, so this has my respect.

_lolita_
_lolita_

i decided to spend an evening with this fragrance and in the beginning it was gorgeous.light floral woody as i really do love woody scents!
too bad that after 2 hours there was nothing left. couldn´t smell anything of it anymore.

wood,wood and wood!I think it was better to name it she wood,instead of magnifique.
it was my first impression from this perfume.I smell vetvier and wood.that's all.I told myself:this is a perfume with personality.
yeah,the smelling is so mature and different,but not too heavy for younger audiences.
like so many of other reviewers,I believe it changes so much after 30 minutes.the floral,sweet notes become stronger and stronger.I thought I smelt hyacinth,because it's both floral and very sweet,like honey!as the matter of fact as the strong woodsy notes fade away,this honey smelling starts to become more and more dominant.
the long lasting power is very good!after 4 hours of applying it(so far),it's still living on my skin.
by the way Jacques Cavalier and Olivier Cresp both are huge perfume makers.so it's nice too see they have made a perfume together and the result was good.

silent_statue

i like it very much! got it first from a sample inside a mall, at first i was not very impressed by the smell and thought it was just like incense burnt smell. but after i reapplied it again, it was like Wow, i love it very much with its magnifique, dreamy & thousand of roses smell!!
and then i'd bought the 75ml bottle without any hesitate! :D

alicektn
alicektn

I haven't tried this but had smelled it on a friend of mine. It was truly gorgeous on her. Powdery,airy and rosey, really cute and feminine in a young way.

mizzgossip
mizzgossip

Tested it, but didn't like it at all. To me it smells like cartboard with perfume on it... ew.

guest_safa
guest_safa

hehe - i just came online to check the ingredients, because i came to the exact same conclusion... the drydown is almost identical to tresor (i tested both, one on each arm, and had to figure out why that was)... although i smell a bit of peach still from the tresor, i can smell a sweet, vanilla like rose in both of them... i think that is what i find similar... and perhaps some sandalwood?

regardless... magnifique is giving off a little kenzo flower EDP essentuelle in dry down too... i think it's the rose again...

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

I tried this in a sample that I got with a purchase. I love Anne Hathaway, the model for the fragrance. I was hoping to like this too, but frankly it smells like Secret Deodorant that's been on an armpit all day. Ick!

morea-aini
morea-aini

This is my newest fragrance. My nephew gave it to me for christmas, and at first i didnt like it at all. I felt it was far too strong. But after having it on it really grew on me, and now i love it more and more every time i wear it ! It starts off with a blast of sharp tones, but after a while on the skin it transforms into a warm and sexy perfume. This would deffinately suit strong young women perfectly. Also it lasts long, so you dont have to re-apply it during the day, wich is nice. :)

moonruby
moonruby

I have a soft spot for this one, and I think it's because it has a unique scent that I dont usually encounter in other fragrances.
The saffron notes bring out a bohemian, artsy-fartsy characteristic to it.

It's sophisticated and artistic at the same time, without the pretentiousness.

I knew there was a reason why I liked this alot.

Nice Sunflower
Nice Sunflower

I tested it on my skin once and had to wash it off after about thirty minutes. I just couldn't stand the scent anymore. On me it was the same smell you have in shops that sell incense sticks - intense and nice for a couple of minutes, but after that just horrible.

CurlyWurly
CurlyWurly

It´s awful!! I´ve testet it and got a bad headache. Never ever!

Zaleska
Zaleska

I wear it and enjoy wearing it. Does it smell like carrots on the top notes? YES! But that smell (yes, I can smell fresh carrots, that is not bad, I need to stress it) fades away and a gorgeous and mature scent comes! As some people said here, and I agree with them, it's more wearable than Trèsor.

EDIT: Trèsor IS wearable. I smelled the EDT before and it's not that nice, but the EDP version is gorgeous!

Oh no, no, no, NO! This fragrance had me cringing from the very first spray.

Sure, Magnifique is unique, but perhaps Lancome took their new daring approach to making fragrances a little too far this time.

I really expected Magnifique to smell magnificent; rich, elegant, powerful and almost regal. Honestly I don't find anything wonderful about smelling like a piece of burnt plastic and synthetic flowers.

The alcohol is so strong in this fragrance, it almost wipes out the notes completely. I agree with Lorena, I have smelt cheap drugstore deoderants that smell better than Magnifique.

If you can manage to get past the overly strong opening notes without washing this scent off, the scent does improve slightly. Magnifique becomes a woodsy fragrance, yet I'd say it is more masculine smelling than feminine.

I very rarely get headaches from fragrances, yet Magnifique has succeeded in giving me one. I think it's because of the strong caraway and vetiver notes.

I don't know if I could ever recommend this fragrance, I'm rather glad I don't work behind a Lancome fragrance counter, otherwise I'd have to lie and don a false smile everytime someone bought this fragrance.

clarius
clarius

guys at first Magnifique is not good because you have to make it dry... but after that its really wonderful :)

katyas
katyas

I tested this scent in Belk's the other day and fell in love - this is a GORGEOUS scent - soft rose mixes with a terrifically gentle woody touch to create a mixture that is sensuous and romantic, sexy and simmering and just almost good enough to eat. It lasted a long time and kept its fragrance well. I'm currently waiting for Macy's to get their act together so I can order it RIGHT NOW !!(I have gift cards, but for some reason their gift card automation isn't working ... *le sigh*)

Aalia
Aalia

I wondered where the spices were coming from. The caraway brings a decently spicy touch. The caraway wafts up and around, surprising you sometimes during wear, it doesn't fade away. The saffron keeps everything velvety and mellow. Seems as if there is citrus in the top notes too. The sandalwood is prominent, along with the jasmine and rose. The rose and jasmine combo a bit overwhelming at times. The vetiver.....I did not notice it.

Magnifique is elegant, smooth, and cool-
in a beatnik or hep cat way.
The scent is not stimultating, itś warm, comfortable, relaxing, and smells like incense, too, wich always appeals to me.

I do like it, but, I don't love it. Itś lacking in degree of quality and depth. I say lacking in degree, because Lancome could turn it up a notch-improve the quality and intricacy by a degree or two- and the perfume would become exciting. (The same can be said for Lancome Hypnose)(*sigh*) Also, the fixation and sillage leaves some degrees to be desired (for both Hypnose and Magnifique). (Although, I must add that Magnifique is a small notch above Hypnose in design, fixation, sillage, and quality in general.)

sky76sky
sky76sky

First sniff - & I think 'big yawn, another generic floral fragrance I've smelled a thousand times before' & then, BAM, it unleashes a whole bag of spiciness & the smokiest driest woods. In fact, it was so intense that I could taste it at the back of my throat, thick & greasy.

I love woodsy fragrances but this one disappoints - it has a strange synthetic edge that smells a bit like fuel. I really like the idea of the suprise element - but this 'twist' backfires in my nostrils. IMO, this is not as well-crafted or as balanced as Tresor.

adves87
adves87

I got so excited about the bottle that i actually bought this perfume in a gift set, without knowing the smell. It came in a beautiful satin bag and i just couldnt resist it. But when i sprayed it on my wrist... couldnt really tell what this smells like. Its strong but after a while i actually liked it. It works for special evenings but i dont think its suitable to use as an everyday perfume. However, i´ll keep it :)

Trvevil
Trvevil

At very first seconds Magnifique smells like carrots!What's Magnifique about carrots? Even now it smells like some carrots with spices, nothing magnificent at it, but at least different and funny. I agree it feels not very good. Only at very first minute I found it interesting, then it goes spicy woods. And extra carrot feeling. A perfume you can wear to your summer cottage where you grow carrots, potatoes and other vegetables. The cottage is woody and you used to make spicy carrots every evening surrounded by fine wood furniture. That's how I feel about it. Nothing magnificent, no evening gowns or make-up, only country, natural look and (!) carrots. Bottle by the way looks very beautiful on picture, in person quite acceptable too, but it definitely doesn't match the spicy carrot scent.
I'll add that from other side (when someone wears it) it smelled very pleasant and scented 'trail' is huge- like 25 m... :D

Lailica
Lailica

After 4 hours the smell reminds me of a less Exclamat!on from Coty...(!!!)((not so sweet, though).

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

I know people who do like this scent, but I have had a series of bad experiences!

First the scent it's self: Out of the bottle it smelt fine, but once I put it on my skin it became very woodsy. I really didn't care for it, which was rough as it lasted for a LONG time. I can't remember Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker too well but for whatever reason I keep recalling that scent when I think of this one.

Still even though the scent kind of burned me, I thought of all of those who did like it (like my mother), and how much I liked the bottle, and didn't mind that I had purchased it.

However, the beautiful bottle (which is really pretty red, and catches the light beautifully) started to peal!! It gets all over me when I move it, and I'll touch my face with out realizing and it's all over! It's terrible.

All and all, I really feel kind of cheated.

MrsParker1107
MrsParker1107

I love this perfume. Definitely have to buy this one. Don't smell the horrible scent everyone complains about...

jatzzie
jatzzie

My mom got this for christmas and I have borrowed it from her occasionally when I've been visiting home.I totally love it! It has this kind of royal feel to it and it smells great on me.Very special and unique fragrance, but not in a bad way at all!

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

awful perfume...i wouldn't recomend it to anyone. it would be just a waste of money. it doesn't smell like anything on my skin. it's like Lorena said: the cheapest cologne.

guest_me
guest_me

it's not my taste.. too strong.. n it's smell strange for me..

LORENA
LORENA

I have worn miracle, and I still have hypnose, and well , they are sweet fragrances I really like, so, I bought magnifique, and because of the name of the perfumes you probably expect " the masterpiece of lancome"... but finally you realize that this perfume not only is not " magnifique" but also it is worse than the cheapest cologne or deodorant you can buy in your small town.
when you first spray, and at first smell, you can predict something good, but after a moment, you are still with your eyes closed, smelling the fragrance, you notice, that the fragrance gets too spicy for an instant, and then starts dissapearing like a common 4 dollars cologne. Big dissapointment for me.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

A daring femininity that triggers true passion! A sophisticated and contemporary blend of Saffron, Bulgarian Rose and Nagarmota Wood. MAGNIFIQUE is the quintessence of sensuality and ultra-femininity.

You are unique, you are MAGNIFIQUE!

essija
essija

I think Magnifique is a Masterpeice. Its a Creamy floral concaucsion on my skin. I love it. This would be a fun and exciting fragrance to wear everyday. Wanting a Huge bottle of this to drown myself in.. Love the beautiful red bottle it's so gorgeous but the stuff inside is the best. My favorite by lancome now, sorry Miracle.. Maggie took your place...

XoXoL.o.V.e
XoXoL.o.V.e

This one is nice but i think at first is a bit usual it remind me a lot of perfumes but Later it become something special and very unusual(unique). :)

anava33
anava33

Firstly I supposed that Magnifique reminds me Dolce Vita, by Dior, but now, it is absolutely unique! The best Lancome pefume!

HeatherStarr2424
HeatherStarr2424

OMG Totally overwhelming. I can smell the paper samples in a brand new magazine. Too musky for me. But the strong staying power and from how far away you can smell this is impressive.

kahokero

I was happy to get a good deal on a 50 ml gift set - 30% off normal retail price plus points for reward programs. Although it is not my favorite fragrance, I think it is worth the amount that I paid. Sometimes I learn to appreciate the goodness of something after I have it.

kahokero

Magnifique smells a little like Britney Spears Curious in the beginning. The body lotion smells like a real piece of wood. I like the body lotion more than the perfume. This fragrance does not seem to sell well here in New Zealand.

Malegria
Malegria

Magnifique didn`t touch me in any way...Yes, it`s warm, it`s spicy enough , has the right notes for my taste and I should have loved it by no means...But I have to agree with Jalutschka - it turns out as boring as it`s slogan.Very uncool.

Millieqm
Millieqm

I like this! My mother wears it, it smells so nice on her, very much. It's very spicy. I would say is exquisite and subtle! Long lasting, really good.

randik
randik

I totally agree with Passionflower. This scent is really promising the first ten minutes, but after that it turns into something nasty...

kay_li13
kay_li13

i like it! but it's reeeeally expensive. it's rare for me to enjoy a fragrance or to even pick up what it is within the first smell. for this one, that was easy. it was nice and sweet and I really enjoyed it. sadly, i will have to wait a while to get this. :(

Passionflower
Passionflower

Don't like it. It starts off quite nice and soft, but after a while it leaves a nasty cheap smell, a bit like toiletfreshener. Not my thing at all.

Kind of Fairytale
Kind of Fairytale

I really liked this one. It´s odd, because this isn´t "my type" of perfume.
I though this is too spicy or too strong for me but it isn´t.
I was visiting my friend and she sprayed it to me. Then I sniff it all the evening and Liked it much.
May be I buy this for me..who knows.

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

Well the first smell I get a very distinct whiff of the powdery quality of Tresor which is then overshadowed by the overwhelming floral notes. Not for me but it nice. I didnt sence anything complicated in this fragrance.

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

Peculiar. Interesting bottle, sweet top notes and then it stops. I don't mean the scent goes away, I mean it stops at the back of my throat and feels unpleasantly dry (No I'm not drinking it!) Something in this perfume feels cut off, like I can't get past some strange synthetic note that's almost strong enough for me to taste. The sweetness dissipates and leaves a compromise of wood? spice? some weird thirsty mechanical-smelling component. Nice on paper, doesn't work on me at all.

Darlene1959

I love this scent. Although roses always seemed to make me feel as though that was an "older" person's smell, I like the combination in this perfume. The spicy notes also contribute to this scent. I have gotten a lot of compliments on this scent when I wear it.

norman
norman

Unusual and sofisticated,it is not for everyone.I smelled it two days before I bought it, not beeing sure if the Nargamota wood,saffron and other spices will mix and last properly on my skin.The top notes are remarcably according to sunny autumn days.Men really apreciate it.

Natalia78
Natalia78

This fragrance is empty and flat. it is like opening and tasting a nice wrapped candy only to find out that it is a yucky calorie bomb.Lancome did better before.

Aysu
Aysu

I was expecting something more different and significant but I think this is a perfume between Poeme and Tresor.. Sweet with strong rose notes.
Nice perfume but ordinary. Staying power is great though..

Suseken
Suseken

Not very special,but okay for every day wear. I smell rose notes and miss the spicy accent in this fragrance.

Allegra
Allegra

What comes to Magnifique, image doesn't meet with reality at all. Advertising suggests it to be very unique, glamorous and distinctive - and what do you get? An average fragrance with twists and notes that have been smelt a thousand times before. In other words, it's plain boring. Would be a waste of money to invest in a bottle of something so "trivial" a scent as this.

Eiza
Eiza

This is the first fragrance from the different group that i like to venture more. I get the sample and I love the floral spicy woody musky smell on me. Most of my friends love the smell..they tried to get the sample of this too. May be becoz i'm "old lady" type... :)

Lettenyl
Lettenyl

I loved this when it was first on my skin but after 10 minutes i couldnt smell it anymore. it is way too light for my liking. i wish i hadnt wasted the $80 i spent on it.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Elegant, femine. Floral -citrus with woody and delicate spices notes. Unfortunately, similar perfume it make long ago. There was - Alchemie.

Taliera
Taliera

I liked it first off - was a combination of light notes with woody and spicy smells - but then it turned too woody, and the overall smell was awful, becomming more and more "old lady" like.

Marianne
Marianne

@ Silvery: I agree with you. If it's called like that, the scent should be a bit more impressive. It's just average and not what you would expect if you see the advertisement...

Darlene1959

I really like this scent. It starts out smelling like a rose and get spicy as you wear it. The lotion is great too.

Silvery
Silvery

Hmm... Well, in my opinion Lancome wanted to come out with a palatial perfume with this "you're unique, you're magnifique" advertisement-----> then they should have created a better and more remarkable one. Actually, I liked it at first, it smelt good, floral-woody, and spicy but a little fruity too. But in the end it smelt like shampoo :O I don't know if you think similarly but it was my impression...

esprit2fly
esprit2fly

I don't find it Magnifique but rather banal, nothing special.

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

I got this as a sample on the weekend. Magnifique goes on extremely sweet with a blast of Rose, soon the other notes join it for a sweet floral fest with a touch of "washing powder smell".

Unfortunately I find Magnifique too strong without any notes that makes it unique for me. It smells like your quintessential perfume.

I will try it again one day in the future (the sample will probably sit at the back of the cupboard) but I don't think it's for me.

I definitely wouldn't buy it.

liat
liat

With all the "New great thing from Lancôme" vibe about it, I thought it would be more communicative, but it wasn't. Somewhat old-fashioned and not too thrilling a scent.

Jasper
Jasper

Just tried it. I had expected something with a more distinct floral note. This is too heady, earthy and I think it a little too "old" for my taste. I wouldn't even give it another try!

Jeanette
Jeanette

Do i smell some citrus in the top note? Got a sample and cant't figure out if i like it or not... I think men likes it, specially at later hours.

guest_rachelmary
guest_rachelmary

I loved this one, its spicy and fresh all at the same time.

imgcas
imgcas

This is sweet and salty at the same time. I can smell a lot of saffron in the opening, but it's too cloying. I was expecting more woods instead.

Moszatka
Moszatka

It's like Trésor on me, but sweeter:)
Delicious and specially!

klonk
klonk

Still don't know what to think of this one... Received a sample of this last weekend and tried it several times since then. Something in it intrigues me, makes me smell my wrist all the time. I like the seperate notes (rose, jasmin, and the woody notes) that come to my nose when I try to indicate them. But I find the overal smell too strong. I also get something like a smokey note which I do not like. I do find it extraordinary for sure. Just not for me though. I think it's just body chemistry...

grati
grati

i sampled it yesterday and i kind of liked it; it's an interesting combination of floral notes and intense peppery, which last long; i would say this is a good one, full of contradictions; i would give it another try:)

nefertitidancer
nefertitidancer

i love the first note... but then in about ten minutes till now it smells horrible and i couldnt take it anymore... like plastic or something. Just wish it stays the top notes...

Nuppu
Nuppu

I only did get faint floral with a hint of woods and musk, very subtle and thin. Maybe I didn't spray enough?

Magnifique by Lancome 3.38 out of 5 based on 875 ratings and 185 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lancome Magnifique fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lancome Magnifique, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Magnifique by Lancome. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Magnifique by Lancome represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.