Designers » L » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Magnifique Eau de Toilette Lancome for women
dislike

leather
Magnifique Eau de Toilette Lancome for women Pictures

After recently released EDP edition, a new version,Magnifique EDT has arrived on the market. It is perfect for the first spring days because it introduces fresh and sparkling hints of rose, jasmine, saffron, nargamot, exotic spices and woody accords. The fragrance has been available since February 2009. Its flacon has the same form as its antecedent, coloured partially in red, combined with a white, transparent part which promises lighter notes.

Jasmine Rose Saffron Spices Woodsy Notes

Magnifique

Magnifique Eau de Toilette Fragrance Reviews

victoria.mei1992
victoria.mei1992

Just now tried it, I had 4 years ago sample, but I think there was EDP, this smells very different, very linear, all time smell doesn't change, strong incense smell with creamy litchi undertone. Drydown similar to elie saab couture, almond smell. I thought that it will be totally different smell, maybe similar to deep red of hugo boss, which was EDP... But smell isn't bad, but strange... Real incense. Tried it on hair and it's great, dries into rosy Frech soap like in hotels 1997. Balsamic.

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

When I first sprayed this it was incredibly strong - and in the first minute or so it seemed quite chemical and medicinal which I wasn't all that keen on, but then it changed completely.

Magnifique quickly evolved into a sweet mix of Saffron and Spices and the medicinal smell disappeared. On the dry down I still get those delicious spices but also very delicate Jasmine and Rose. The wood notes are lovely but don't appear on my skin for at least 30-40 minutes after spraying it.

Have been wearing it for a few hours and Magnifique has settled into a combination of all these beautiful notes listed - the spices haven't faded, they've just become more gentle. It's actually gone a little musky on me as well which I am loving :)

The bottle captures this perfume perfectly - the mix of intense red glass with the lighter (and clear) shades represent the juice inside to a tee. It's strong and intense at first, but then it settles down while maintaining everything that makes it great. I can easily see this as my go-to scent for Spring.

For an EDT, the longevity and projection of this is really impressing me. In all honesty, I never expected to fall hard for this one, and I'm glad I have.

mrfive
mrfive

sorry everyone but, ugh, this stuff is hopeless to me; like pointing out that this is similar to the EDP and voting that it is.
I feel Lancome did go wrong with this, and were right to pull it.

"Both have similar top note a la chic carrots. EDT heart is very spicy caraway that overshadows those carrots & differs from EDP's glamorous pickled carrots."
Need we say any more? That's what's magnificent? Pickled carrots? 0_o
And there's more,
"...so I find it very woody and like soily." Fine. Well designed and in context that could work... but,
"I don't like to wear this..."
Precisely
Right there.

pomdgf
pomdgf

This is like a younger sister of Magnifique EDP and definitely lighter, softer and still magnificent. But I prefer an EDP more. It bring me back a sensual moment. Lancome never go wrong about perfumes for me.

John, I'm Only Dancing
John, I'm Only Dancing

I'm not sure if it was my body chemistry or the perfume itself that was off, but it was not at all what I had expected. Especially at the price I paid for it! I could only smell the spicy notes very faintly - they disappeared after about five minutes, and I could only smell them by pressing my wrists to my nose to begin with. The after-scent was far too sweet - some sort of chemically engineered fake fruit scent you only find in five dollar knockoffs of celebrity scents. I really wanted to like it, as the sample I'd smelled in a magazine was spicy and exotic, and oh so wonderful. This could have been so much better!

mylancome
mylancome

EDT is a lighter tender version, next time g for EDP.

sintjafreya
sintjafreya

I bought bottle of 75ml one month ago, and my bottle is almost empty. I don´t know, but I think this EdT lasts just for two hours on my skin. It is nice smell, but nothing special for my nose and for that what you get it is to expensive.

twillocks
twillocks

I really like this I love the spicy scent.

perfumia
perfumia

I did not like magnifique but the edt is lovely and really suits me. People stop me and ask what it is as a gentle waft follows me, and they love it too.
only down side, is it doesnt last so long as i prefer perfume to linger....

Mysticalili
Mysticalili

I can see the difference between EDT and EDP clearly. Softer than the EDP, the EDT is suitable for summer days. Too light for nights. Adorable fragrance indeed. I bought the EDT by mistake.Thought I was buying the EDP. lol! Can´t wait to get the EDP later. Magnifique fragrance (EDT or EDP)is a must-have! Love it!

yvashche
yvashche

Like most of the Lancome perfumes, I am not a fan. But this one is by far the best of the line. It is very strong and peppery, but with an old lady feel to it. It dries down better and stays potent for a long time. Not unpleasant but not great.

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

I really dislike this one. I agree with Chatnoir about the chemical smell to it. Anne Hathaway is the model for the fragrance and I love her which is why I wanted to try it, but alas, it's not for me.

Trvevil
Trvevil

I really see no difference between EDT and EDP. Both have similar top note a la chic carrots. Heart of EDT is very spicy caraway that overshadows those 'carrots' and differs from EDP's glamorous pickled carrots. so I find it very woody and like soily. I don't like to wear this, but I placed scented blotter into Vogue magazine and it really is very enjoyable. Ah yes, lasting power is magnificent and this one too is kind of sillage monster. If you hated the EDP, I think this is no better then.

anatalia
anatalia

I like this smell, is a slight and fresh fragrance oriental kind of. It seems Tresor, with gentle notes that were added. I recommend Magnifique to the mature woman. It is adequate for night.

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

Ugh. This literally smelled like "Off" bug repellent to me upon first spray. After it settled, the chemical-y smell wore off a bit, but it never fully went away.

Mals86
Mals86

I did not care much for the original Magnifique, but I wondered if the lighter version would be an improvement.

The fragrance begins with a hint of fruit (berries?) and some fresh bergamot and is quite pleasant at this stage. Then it moves on to its rose and jasmine heart, which seems to be fairly synthetic: I smell the same bitterness I got in the original EDP version. The saffron comes in after this stage, covering up the bitter chemical-ish note with its dry/creamy/spicy luxuriousness, and rounding out the florals. Saffron is followed by delicious spices. I can identify cardamom, and there are other spices, but they are well blended and I cannot pick out each spice. The spices flow into "woods" - really, it's what I believe to be Cashmeran, a synthetic aromachemical that has a plush woody character. I generally like Cashmeran, but there may be a little too much in Magnifique EDT, because it stands out and does not blend well with what's left of the spices.

Interesting, and certainly more pleasant from a distance than up close. However, I won't be buying it. (On the other arm I tested Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere, and the vast difference between the two, in terms of raw materials and of composition, is striking. The Chanel is pure loveliness.)

Magnifique Eau de Toilette by Lancome 3.38 out of 5 based on 131 ratings and 16 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lancome Magnifique Eau de Toilette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lancome Magnifique Eau de Toilette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Magnifique Eau de Toilette by Lancome. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Magnifique Eau de Toilette by Lancome represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.