Designers » L » Floral Fruity « Groups

O d`Azur Lancome for women

O d`Azur Lancome for women
dislike

Lancome is presenting their new fragrance O d`Azur which arrives on the market in June 2010. The fragrance was created by two perfumers, Domitile Bertier and Sophie Labbe, and the advertising campaign was made by Mario Testino.

Face of the new perfume is Daria Werbowy, known for advertising Hypnose.

O d`Azur is a luminous, fresh floral-fruity fragrance composed of elegant, spicy aromas of pink pepper on a gentle base of warm, woody notes and musk.

Top notes of the new edition O d' Azur will refresh you with zests and pulp of Calabrian lemon and bergamot aromas. A heart is feminine and gentle, created of peony and Turkish rose petals, decorated with pink pepper, while a base includes a warm embrace of woody notes, ambrette seed and sensual musk.

The fragrance is available as 75 and 125ml edt. O d`Azur was created by Domitille Bertier and Sophie Labbe.

Bergamot Amalfi Lemon

Zen Summer

O d`Azur Fragrance Reviews

SeleneHdez
SeleneHdez

I agree with the previous review, this it´s all about pepper and rose... it´s too warm, it´s not fresh al all

lisetlu22
lisetlu22

Oktober girl: Nothing in common with Escale a Portofino!! Escale is such a explotion of citrus and almond with the most elegant woods, that makes me feel so so fresh!!O d`azur is not fresh to me...is a bunch of roses and pepper. Not bad, but not enoguh for a summer scent, is more like summer nights or spring time.

yidansheng
yidansheng

The most feminine and pretty fragrance of Lancome O collection. Citrus combination is still on top, with touch of cologne-y green galbanum. But the fun part of this perfume is the floral, lychee rose and peony add a big part of femininity to it. I think it's quite suitable for daily office time.

Lana148
Lana148

This smells like hay and warm summer breathe.

Lancôme O d`Azur is not your typical citrus fragrance. It has a bit of a citrus at the opening, but this fragrance is not about citrus.

This one is super light peppery floral with ambrette base.

The result is simply beautiful - delicate, fresh, feminine fragrance with a charming dry-down. Unfortunately, it doesn't last.

oktober
oktober

Smells like Escale a Portofino, same lemon dish detergent. Nothing interesting.

At least it doesn't have the toilet cleaner zing so it's relatively ok but still a no-no for me. Fairy Lemon.

CoffeeCup
CoffeeCup

Light rose and sweet lemon. Very unusual, very pretty!

I love the bottle, the color, the scent, and the feelings this scent evokes in me. I might very well be that I'm persuaded by the packaging, but... O d'Azur is like a lemon sorbet sprinkled with rose petals. It's just dreamy! Dreamy and carefree spring morning - sun shining, birds singing, air so fresh and clean, when strolling down the hills wearing a light and pretty dress, towards the lazure blue sea to have breakfast... I said it's dreamy, and I am daydreaming. :)

Ok, back to the reality and to the actual scent now. The first time I sprayed O d'Azur I was extremely surprised of how warm (and dare I say spicy) it was. I was expecting some citrusy freshness, and got something rather different. But it turned out so much better of what I had anticipated! No spiciness, no worries. :) It's fresh *and* rosy at the same time. Nothing groundbreaking, but lovely, light and wearable.

The top and heart notes disappear in 2-3 hours, the soft musky trail lingers a bit longer. Could be better!

valeriapredoiu
valeriapredoiu

good clean scent but lasts for about 2 hours. safe buy for a summer gift

lirael00
lirael00

My friend suggested I should try this, cause I'm in search of a good citrus perfume that it's not too citrus or wears of fast. For me this is like I had been walking through groves of oranges and lemons. In the openning it's very citrus but then it turns into a more musky lemon smell. Unfortunately it doesn't last long on me, but I think this applies to a lot of citrus fragrances. It's nice but I'm in search of something else at the moment.

AVASCONCELOS
AVASCONCELOS

PERFUME DE PRINCESA, LEMBRA O MEDITERRÂNEO, SUL DA FRANÇA. O PERFUME É REFRESCANTE, REFINADO, DELICIOSO, MARCANTE E MARAVILHOSO, FIXAÇÃO MUITO BOA. PERFUME EXCELENTE E CHEIRO DE MULHER CHIC. ADOROOO..

Fonna2
Fonna2

Well, right next to the L'Orange was this.
After waiting a few minutes, I sprayed this on a card.

Honestly, I thought I had sprayed powdered water. I gave it a chance to "morph" into something. I waited and waited and then
*poof* , it was gone.

I will have to try it again.. After all, this is Lancome we're talking about.
Maybe after the citrusy L'Orange my olfactory senses went off.

maianh83
maianh83

Its drydown has the same vibe of Tresor Midnight Rose ( lighter version of TMR ), Tresor Midnight Rose is for night and cool weather, O-D-Azur is for hotter weather ang for daytime.
Very nice.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

This is quite a nice surprise :)
A blind purchase for a very good price and I am very happy with it!
It has a lovely fresh citrusy opening, but it is not too citrusy at all. Within seconds I detect the rose & peony and in the drydown I also get the musk & ambrette, adding a bit of sensuality to the fragrance.
Not too citrusy, not too floral. Not too sour, not too sweet. It's all blended very nicely!!
Light and airy. I only sprayed once on my wrist and it hasn't been on for too long yet, but from what I can tell by now I think the stayingpower is not too bad. It does stay close to the skin, but it is potent enough to let you know it is there without pressing your nose onto your skin :)

harpist
harpist

I was surprised by the familiarity of this scent and it instantly hit me that this is just like Jimmy Choo EDT except with more citrus and more floral qualities than musky pear. The added pink pepper and musks give this scent a more elegant and mature fruity floral than JC. In the end the musk gives this a shampoo-like warm quality. This is probably my favorite out of the Ô line of Lancôme because it is light an refreshing but I think the ambrette seeds ground it and make it more heavy- it's like a vacation fragrance but it is so fleeting. Seems to have moderate to soft silage and 3-4 hours of lasting power. Nothing too unique but it is a like for me. Except I am not tempted to purchase because I have a more beautiful and alluring citrus white floral with a hint of fruits, Jour d'Hermes.

Rasyima Ghazali
Rasyima Ghazali

I can recognize the scent. But not outstanding enough to buy a full bottle. But it doesn't give headache to my sis. I got the sample when i bought tresor midnight rose.

millie1980
millie1980

This is not at all complex or groundbreaking, but I can appreciate it in its simplicity. This is a refreshing and upbeat fragrance, if a little on the sweet side. It doesn't smell particularly natural, and so you won't be transported to walking amongst the flora and fauna of the Mediterranean. Rather, it evokes the feeling of jetting off somewhere warm and sunny.

Viridis
Viridis

I'm usually not a fan of the fruity-floral olfactory group. But on a whim today I decided to spray on Lancome O d'Azur. I had low expectations, it didn't smell that intriguing straight from the bottle.

The opening has medium citrusy notes, not overwhelming. Nice, uncomplicated, nothimg more nothing less. I still wasn't that impressed. After about two hours the heart of the scent has reached it's peak and to my surprise is very beautiful. Citrusy-floral with a tinge of musk. An interesting entanglement of notes.

The drydown is floral-musky. The musk never being too strong throughout the process. All in all a pleasant surprise, a scent that is probably underrated. Can't wait to try the sister-scent O De L'orangerie. O d'Azure went high on my wish list today.

Sillage is on the weaker side. Longevity is about 6 hours. I've always been intrigued by the O bottles from Lancome. Remind me of Frank Lloyd Wrights architecture.

articgirl
articgirl

Ô d'Azur... it is so fresh, clean, energizing, perfect for summer hot days . I particularly get citrusy,spicy & woody notes. I just feel like breathing a fresh marine Mediterranean breeze, walking along a warm fine sand beach...Although I can't smell the floral notes much in the dry down. The lasting power is great on my skin (more than 6hrs at least)

tinyxxangel
tinyxxangel

A wonderful bright aroma.. Bot too citrusy, not too clean, yet somehow in between. Truly perfect

It's delicate and fresh as dewy morning. Ladylike, elegant, cool, perfect for hot summer!

Update: it looks like my skin chemistry has changed, because now it is a bit soapy on my skin. What a pity!

fdmc
fdmc

Ô d'Azur conveys the feeling of being along the Mediterranean coast.
The scent is fresh and intense in my skin I feel the deep blue sea and white roses.
Perfect for use in the late afternoon summer clothes with a fresh, delicate and already tanned skin.
Everything a woman needs for a perfect Summer holiday.
I love it.

Margarita1982
Margarita1982

So sexy for summer nights!!!

pri_alip
pri_alip

Happiness in a bottle. That's what this fragrance is to me, in a nutshell.
Wearing it makes me feel like I'm a better person. lol

Sapphi9
Sapphi9

Tried this one tonight. I didn't fall in love initially but I think the tester I used might have been turning a little. I got a really bizarre celery note that lingered for a good 45 minutes.I'm pretty sure THAT isn't supposed to be there...

But once that went away this is a delicious scent! Been 5 hours since I sprayed and there is still some luscious peony, fruit and ambrette on my wrist. Never really got any of the woodsy notes. And this is going to sound weird (because they literally share NO common notes) but the dry down smells just like Michael Kors Island on me. Maybe it's just my chemistry playing tricks. Or maybe I'm thrown off by the celery. Who knows.

Anyways, liked it but didn't love it, but I would still wear it. Would be great for a Mediterranean beach vacation! (as would MK Island!) :)

lemontreelime12
lemontreelime12

This was a total surprise to me. It smells wonderful on, and lasts a long time as a light fragrance. It does not shut down my asthmatic relatives. I think this may be one of my new favorites!

nananessa
nananessa

I sampled this today at Belk's & was somewhat surprised! It didn't smell anything like I thought it would & I really didn't get a fruity smell at all. But now after wearing it a few hours, the fruity quality of the citruses are much more easy to detect.

It is a lovely, although simple, fragrance that is soft, very feminine, nothing outstanding & nothing offensive. For me it is a disappointment from this house in that I don't sense a very unique character about this one. I am sad to say that it smells like so many other things out on the market.

If only Lancome would listen to me & many others out there & bring back Magie Noir...!!!

pomdgf
pomdgf

I just got 125 ml last week and if you hope to smell just a fresh scent from this bottle you will wrong. For me a citrus scent is the main character but moreover that I got is elegant and sensual enough to wear and go out to the beach bar at night or work week. Sensual enough to make you sexy. But not last all day I have twice times a day to make these stay long on my body. Love Lancome.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

O d'Azur and O de Lancome are both similar in that they're light, fresh, citrussy and have the feel of refreshing eau de colognes that are perfect for wearing on warm, sultry spring / summer days. They're not so 'cool' though that they couldn't be worn in colder weather as they're so uplifting and gorgeous! They smell deliciously feminine, elegant and the bottles are very pretty.

In O d'Azur, the Calabrian Lemon and rose are the main notes I pick up and they're just lovely! It's such a fresh, uplifting and exhilarating perfume that I find myself gravitating to it each time I'm in the perfume department of one of the department stores I frequent and can't resist having a couple of big spritzes of it (or several more if the sales assistants aren't lurking around and are actually doing something else!). I REALLY need to treat myself to a bottle of it!

This lasts for several hours on my skin, and longer than I would anticipate given that it is fairly light and sheer, and the sillage is pretty good too which, presumably, is thanks to the musk and ambrette.

Both O de Lancome and O d'Azur aren't dissimilar to Romeo Gigli Woman, Lanvin's Eclat d'Arpege and Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria Lemon Fresca, and I'd definitely recommend all of them (well, except that I think Lemon Fresca is discontinued ... grrrrrr).

Anyway, I LOVE O D'Azur and think it's one of Lancome's best perfumes, along with O de Lancome and Tresor Midnight Rose.

smellhunt
smellhunt

I was wearing O d'AZUR during this summer and I was very happy with it.
Fruity-florals are not usually what I choose to wear, but I wanted something fresh and citrusy for the warm months, that would not overwhelm me or the people around me.
O d' AZUR is like a summer breeze, the notes are perfectly balanced, smells like a garden somewhere near the Mediterranean sea, bringing back memories of my childhood's summers and maybe that's why I like it so much...
On me it lasts long, I was getting many unexpected compliments, hours after I had put it on and it has a very nice silage, at least for my criteria(one has to be quite near me to be able to smell me, not from across the room).
I still have a bottle, I use this as a spirit lifter

iremk
iremk

Bright and joyful,softly aquatic and yet you can wear it without feeling like a tomboy. handy for summer days, but it may cheer you up by reminding these summer days if you wear it in winter I feel.On my skin, it lasts like 6 hours and than I have to refresh it, so I think it is quite stable on skin for an eau de toilette. I like it and will continue to use it. I wonder how it smells in colder days and look for to wear O d'azur in winter;)

agdimitrova
agdimitrova

attractive, citrus, airy, elegant, feminine, irresistible! Like it sooooo much!!!!

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

this one i didnt like all that much....love the orange one...this one falls flat on my skin....the orange one is brighter and last longer :0)

enzyme1
enzyme1

I dont think O d'azur is all that nice to be honest,. from the notes and bottle/marketing I expected a light shimmering watery refreshing citrus scent. This is too sweet, warm and floral for my liking. It is a little bit nauseating, in anycase it does not suit me at all so i will be adopting this one out.

gosuico
gosuico

Not as citrusy as I expected. Got more pepper and rose/peony than citrus. Does get warmth from the ambrette and woodsy notes, enough that I almost feel like it's a spring or fall scent rather then summer. Pretty but not my thing.

stelladoro
stelladoro

Lancome's Azur is bright, fresh and citrusy, but so is Orangerie, the difference being both intensity and warmth. O d'Azur is less intense, but brighter; not as warm, but more refreshing. I wore O de L'Orangerie last summer and wanted something brighter and more refreshing this summer. Both are outstanding citrus fragrances, both more long lasting and impressive than Prada's Milano Infusion de Iris or Infusion de Oranger, in my opinion.

mademoiselle-c

Fresh, clean, and easy breezy. It is a tad sweet, but in a refined, mouthwatering way. I prefer using this during warmer days as it gives me a blast of beautiful Mediterranean waters and makes me feel like I am somewhere magical. Sillage and lasting power are average - but for the $54 price tag, one can afford to reapply as needed.

Emeraude
Emeraude

Nice fragrance for summer and spring,its fresh and citrus notes, reminds me of Dior Addict 2.

SheShe
SheShe

I like the fragrance but why is it so subtle? Too hard to detect the smell. It stays very close to skin and it's very Lanvin-like (f. ex. Eclat d'Arpege) when it comes to subtlety - very weak sillage. Too bad because I've read it's similar to Saharienne. I love Saharienne and I have to admit sillage in the YSL perfume is much better.

It has something in common with Saharienne - perhaps the sand feeling - but Saharienne is much stronger and has better lemon ;)

If it was stronger, it would be great. Still it's a fragrance I really like, with lemon, rose, wood and light pepper detectable. Classy and calm. It's like a warm sand and air, I like this type of fragrance. Kind of subtle floral oriental. Bottle is pretty.

Edition: I like it more than when I tested it for the first time. Actually I like it very, very much :)

HuggytheHusky
HuggytheHusky

I've got this sample from my friend yesterday. I can detech rose, actully I hate some rose dominant perfume because it's almost alway too sweet, but not with Od'AZUR cause it's blen so well with bergamot and pink pepper given me luxury feel. It's good for ware to the celebrate event such as wedding or just walking in the garden but not for hip party!
To me, this also reminds me of Bvlgari Rose Essentielle but the begin is too sharp and drydown is less imprssive, with equal staying power(on my skin this stay for 3-5 hours) compare to Od'AZUR
I like this perfume!

missymary
missymary

So sad that this bland watery juice is a flanker of the wonderful iconic O. Far too much weak and vague pink pepper and lemonade-y citrus, and no way enough sharp green chypre tang. It is not an O by any stretch of imagination. It is very minimal and it fades in less than an hour. Almost any summer perfume or eau fraiche is better than this one. A waste of space.What is Lancome thinking?

Necabel
Necabel

Me dieron un abanico de papel rociado de este EdT y me pareció agradable. Ahora tengo una muestra y me ha decepcionado bastante. Sobre mi piel no dura practicamente nada, solamente percibo notas de talco que desaparecen pocos segundos después.

***

They gave me a paper fan EdT spray and I found this enjoyable. Now I have a sample and I was disappointed enough. Hard on my skin almost nothing, only perceive talc notes disappear within a few seconds later.

marid6600
marid6600

similar to Ralph from Ralph Laurent, for me...

Pinni
Pinni

After falling in love with Lancome L'Orangerie I naturally had to try out it's rival scent.

First I have to say that I love the design of the bottle. It's subtle yet precious. The golden honey color of the liquid is perhaps even more lovely than the also gorgeous green of L'Orangerie.

By now you probably understood that I had high hopes for D'Azur.

The first hint of it was very pleasant. My first impression of D'Azur went well with the honey color of the liquid. It was sweeter and warmer than L'Orangerie and quite different all together as the latter is mostly jasmine on my skin. D'Azur still has the same freshness but on my skin it started to feel even too sweet. It was definitely a pleasant scent but the airy watery scent of L'Orangerie fits my personality better.

I definitely would like this on someone else and could even wear it myself but it wasn't enough for me to really want it. It was like a pleasant person compared to someone very special.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

I am sorry to say but the floral notes in this perfume

are difficult to detect except for the bergamot, lemon

and pink pepper. The woody notes are there, but the

florals seem to be absent, pity.

Would have made a nice ocean scent. I find this too woody and spicy.

Vamy69
Vamy69

Smells great, fresh, clean but the lasting power and silage is terrible. I will not purchase this due to the poor lasting power.

mademoiselle-c

This scent is very fresh and delicious. It opens up with such a fresh breeze type of scent that truly makes you feel like you are somewhere with the most glorious fresh winds. The only bad thing I have to say about this perfume is that it has poor silage and the lasting power is not very good. It starts to dry down far too quickly and it completely disappears within an hour. I wish it were more potent because it is the perfect spring and summer scent. I will not be purchasing it because of the poor lasting power. -C xx

Patricia84
Patricia84

Is this meant to be the new version of Ô Oui (sadly discontinued)? They smell virtually identical!

shoreshells
shoreshells

Unfortunately it didn't match me very well. I was so happy to see this fragrance and test it that I got carried away and bought it (on to my mom). It did not last on my skin and I found the notes to be too watery and light. I know most people like light scents in warm wheather but on me, it's a waste of money. But I know it's beautiful on others!

fefi
fefi

delicious!! fresh and sweet, like summer days!!!

passionata20
passionata20

25. may 2011

I left it unnoticed when it came out last year mostly due to my lack of interest to flankers, but now i truly regret that! Tried it recently in a shop and instantly fell in love with it!! Very green and fresh at the beginning it has a very much appealing and amazing drydown with citrus-woodsy notes! It is like a YSL´s "In love again" origina with a woody-pine note. Absolutly amazing and brilliant combination, This is really my kind of hot weather scent. Lasting power is though better on a paper than on a skin (on a paper it stays fresh for several days, but on a skin only up to couple of hours, which is also not bad).

twillocks
twillocks

Very pretty! I like it alot

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

A new citrus for summer, I thought. Notes sound great to me, and I looked forward to it hitting the shelves in Ottawa. I finally saw it yesterday, and almost bought it unsniffed (I keep saying I won't do that anymore, but sometimes I can't resist). I am so glad I didn't. I got to give it a sniff today. It seemed OK on the test strip, so I sprayed my wrist before leaving the store. Strangely, I got no citrus notes in the opening, just a kind of fizzy, abstract, mixed scent with no clear or clean crispness that I was expecting. It then developed a fruity, sweet note that drove me to wash it off - but it was tenacious (aren't they always when you don't like them) and actually had impressive staying power for an EdT. Five hours later, I still had a light, vague sweet note...So not for me, for sure!

anna.023
anna.023

I really liked this one. Great for the summer on the beach. I didn't ger any spicy or woody aromas, I think it smelled like water.. if you know what I mean? Very nice and clean. I have bought it and will wear it in the greek islands all summer. A great summer frag, specially if you'r not that into citrus.

floricica
floricica

It start off with a slightly masculin touch to it due to the citrus notes but as it dries down it it becomes honey-like sweet due to the rose.
Lasting power is amasing considering it is an eau de toilette.

dmaw
dmaw

Reminds me very much of Lancome's Aromatonic from a few years ago...one of my all-time favorites (still have a little left).

natalyta
natalyta

Amazing fragrance - so fresh and bright as the Sun! Unique!...

krishka
krishka

sprayed it at te airport, unfortunately only on my cardigan by mistake....first wasn't taken in just another one pleasant, fresh frag, but after the opening is lovely very soft,yet enchanting and the dry down smells like violets to me..it is a keeper..really liked it...lasts long ...on clothes...think good enough even for fall...

mudpach
mudpach

It's perfect! Nice woody!

COSMICSCENTS
COSMICSCENTS

It's very fresh, not too citrusy or floral but a combination of both. I also seem to smell a little vanilla in the background. There are a lot of scents coming out this year in this category. Great scent for summer but I wouldn't pay full price for it.

Amethyste
Amethyste

It smells like soft grapes! It's fresh and nice. Somebody told me it's similar to White Linen by Estee Lauder, which I haven't tried yet. Anyway, a good surprise.

Edit: I tested White Linen and I don't think that they're similar at all.

floriana
floriana

Fresh, sharp and light fragrance. Most prominent note is bergamot. In opening smell mix of peony, bergamot and
pink pepper.
Slight, luminous. Couldn't detect any oriental or fruity note. Whole composition is warm, elegant and playful.
I realy like this bergamot, so unusual mixed with lemon and ambrette seeds with flowers in background.
Om my skin, a little chypre.
Good summer fragrance.

Fides
Fides

Yesterday I wrote a review on Armani's Acqua di Gioia, lamenting about the lack of that summer dew - like freshness and purity. And voila - O d'Azur!

After the first blast of fresh italian citruses (and boy, fresh they are), beautiful floral notes stand out, slightly oriental, spiced up with pink pepperish note and herby ambrette. Beautiful.

Smells kinda green and soothing. I imagine summer mornings somewhere in Umbria smelling like this.

springsoul
springsoul

I got this one from a friend. Most of people around me find it fresh. The most powerful middle note is that of rose, typical for Lancome.It is a linear, simple fragrance;I like more sophysticate,multifaced fragrances. I perfectly agree with delphine who says it is a floral-oriental,no way floral-fruitty. Also the name doesn t fit it.
The lasting power is weak, I believe, at least on my skin.

delphine67
delphine67

I bought this one yesterday. I like it very much. Its fresh but spicy to. the opening starts fresh, a bit citrus. Then in the dry down you can smell the flowers. the peony is a bit strong first. but got smooted by the rose.I also can regonize the pepper. The woods gives the perfume warmt. I dont see it much as a floral fruity. More like a floral oriental

O d`Azur by Lancome 3.95 out of 5 based on 424 ratings and 63 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lancome O d`Azur fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lancome O d`Azur, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify O d`Azur by Lancome. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of O d`Azur by Lancome represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.