Designers » L » Floral « Groups

O de L`Orangerie Lancome for women
dislike

O de L`Orangerie Lancome for women Videos
O de L`Orangerie Lancome for women Pictures

In Spring 2011, Lancome will present the new successor to the legendary fragrance Lancome O de Lancome from 1969. O de Lancome received its jubilant edition last year - O d'Azur - on the occasion of fragrance's 40th anniversary.

O de L`Orangerie is an homage to orange blossom and creates the fragrant experience of a walk in a French garden in spring. As in the previous advertising campaign, the new perfume is advertised by Daria Werbowy. Delicate white orange blossoms on bright green trees bloom around her in the photo, alluding at spring and the awakening of nature. The fragrant composition is based on orange blossom created on citrusy-aromatic chords.

Top notes carry the essence of the composition with skillfully accentuated accords of orange blossom absolute and citrusy zests. The heart intoxicates with aromas of orange blossom and white jasmine, while a soft and sophisticated base of cedar and benzoi support the theme of this edition.

The flacon of the new fragrance has the same shape as last year's edition - O d'Azur, created of relief light green glass. If you enjoy the shade of orange tree, the designers of this fragrance suggest trying these alluring and optimistic aromas.

Citruses African Orange flower Bergamot Orange

Jasmine

Virginia Cedar Benzoin

Miss Dior Cherie L`Eau

O de L`Orangerie Fragrance Reviews

auroramaria
auroramaria

A fresh floral absolutely perfect forma hot summer days smells elegant and the orange blossoms jasmine combo is come beautifully

oktober
oktober

I'm glad I have 2 backups, it was a limited edition. This perfume in MAGIC for summer.

P.S.- it also comes in freakin' huge 125 ml bottles !!!

CoffeeCup
CoffeeCup

Nice, refreshing, natural smelling. Light bitter citrus with very dominant jasmine and orange blossom on a very tamed cedar base. Crisp, fresh, greenish floral. Stays on my skin 2 hrs max, on my clothes the whole day or even longer.

To my nose it's predominantly a jasmine scent, and although usually I don't like jasmine at all, in this combo I appreciate it. I can see the beauty of this noble note for the first time. But let's not get overly enthusiastic - although I find O de l'Orangerie very elegant and very wearable, I don't see myself ever falling in love with it. (O d'Azur with its lemon-rose-musk is just so much more my cup of tea). It's a strong *like* from me, especially for the learning curve. :)

Plus. Being such a fresh invigorating fragrance - it does not smell like detergent, air freshener or dirty water, it does smell like beautiful, natural, dewy flowers!!! Thumbs up.

hconnors
hconnors

I don't usually like citrus scents on myself, but this O de Orangerie is a perfect balance of citrus and floral, fresh and fruity. While it enlivens my senses, it simultaneously satisfies them. Such a wonderful perfume! Natural, fresh and refined.

Felipe Ramone
Felipe Ramone

Go get it, girls! It smells like a natural flower, with hints of notes that remind me of animalic ones after the drydown. I don't know if it develops the same way of every girl, but it's VERY sexy for me.

SeleneHdez
SeleneHdez

Para empezar, dejen les cuento que desde que supe que se lanzo al mercado yo lo quería, pero aquí donde vivo nunca llego; ahora que ya me anime a pedir perfumes por internet lo pude conseguir, este y el O d'azur los conseguí en fragrancenet a muy buen precio, fueron compras a ciegas y me han encantado!

Precioso perfume, evoca perfectamente el olor de la flor de azahar al florecer, esta mezclado con notas cítricas y de fondo de siente el jazmin que le da cierta calidez.

Es muy cítrico y reanimante, luego de unas 3 horas se queda a flor de piel, la sensación que tengo al traerlo me recuerda al Miss Dior Cherie L'eau, aclaro, no son iguales, pero algo tienen en común que me lo recuerda.

gabri

After trying it, my mother raved about it so much that I decided to give her the bottle I received. She said she'll never use any other perfume......:o)

spiderleenie
spiderleenie

During the Summer, I tend to really enjoy fresh, bright, citrusy, and clean perfumes. Of course, I wanted to try out Lancome's O de L'Orangerie, and it doesn't disappoint whatsoever!

Any perfumes with a strong orange blossom/orange flower note tend to smell very nice on me; to the point where I always get compliments. The orange/citrus notes with the orange flower makes this a juicy and fresh scent. The jasmine gives it a little "oomph" that make this slightly more mature than other clean fragrances. The base notes of the virginia cedar and the benzoin blend everything nicely together, and I think they help the jasmine from overpowering the citrus notes.

After a few hours of wearing this, I find that this fragrance actually does become a little sweeter. It's not overdone at all; it's just a really nice transformation that the fragrance takes. It's not intrusive, and it doesn't prevent you from smelling the other notes.

All in all, I would say that this is a great Spring and Summertime fragrance that has a more mature spin to it because of the jasmine. I think it's lovely!

emi
emi

It has something to do with Alien by TM. Jasmin here is very prominent. Of course Alien is heavy and O de L'Orangerie is light, citrusy and a little bit aquatic, but still...

piahellgren
piahellgren

This is such a perfectly clean fragrance. At first there is this really beautiful water accord, yet it doesn´t give off anything aquatic (which is a good thing, IMO). When a fragrance is this nicely composed the joy is of course the result of the totality of what you´re smelling. I love that both the orange blossom and the jasmin are so toned-down- there is nothing indolic there! (Nothing wrong with indolic necessarily, but indolic doesn´t work for me at the moment). After the bubbly lemonade-like citrus peel settles a bit - but it does follow all through the end in this one and I really enjoy that- it is not taken over by the slight woddiness and the benzoin. The two latter are just supporting the white flowers and the crisp citrus. Plus I am yet to understand what benzoin does in a fragrance! I smell something like early summer fresh sugar snap peas in this composition! Imagine holding this just harvested sugar snap pee under running cold water and breaking it in two and the greenish, sweet and crispy smell that comes up from your hands. This to me is the secret of this exqusite fragrance- no "sultryness", just fresh, crisp armonas of flowers, fruits and vegetables! It´s like a happy and VERY healthy summer salad!

Boston2013
Boston2013

I absolutely adore this perfume. And I'm so glad to say that the silage is perfect. It's not a wildly powerful scent in that it wears close the skin, but what wear close to the skin is soft and beautiful.

Orange blossom, jasmine and then it turns very "creamy."

I put it on one morning and had a pretty busy day and much later in the afternoon, I was standing in an elevator, alone, when this soft and beautiful scent hit me and must say, I was practically "entranced" by it.

It took me a second to realized that it was me!! LOL It was my hair, I spritzed lightly before I left that morning. It wears like that, breathlessly delicate, but when you do get a whiff, it's a beautiful scent. It's perfection.

Fonna2
Fonna2

This fragrance starts out soft and light, then starts to morph right into *sniff sniff* ............ Diorissimo.
Very citrusy fresh scent. This would be great in the Spring, and just a light spray in the Summer.

People who like citrus would enjoy it.
As for me, well enough to like, however very rarely do I go for strong citrus.

mluckyg
mluckyg

Strong orange blossom plus jasmine, lots of citrus and cedar drydown. This is quite refreshing and transport me to a walk in a French garden in spring like the description.

Maodo

I LOVE orange blossoms, really, I LOVE them. Thats what attracted me in the first place in this perfume when I bought it. BUT in some way the gorgious and lovely little greenish smell of the first sniff does not lead me in to an exciting adventure further on.

L 'Orangerie with her fabulous start gets a kind of boring to me. I expected more from the house of Lancome. I miss fresh air to breath in and out wearing L 'Orangerie, I miss sharp hints of freshness, up and down, from the left and from the right, high and low. I miss the total story in this. The smell of L 'Orangerie, to me, becomes plastic, chemically and I feel like a numb doll. I think I am going to wear this perfume in summer when I go to sleep and hunger for sweet, innocent and worryless dreams.

I agree with cecfor and SheShe below

harpist
harpist

I find the initial top notes very enjoyable- it is a bright but not overly sweet citrus that is so alluring for its freshness. Then the florals give it much warmth. I originally guessed tuberose because it had a strange almost plastic white floral quality to it but surprised to see jasmine. I'm not sure why but I think the base benzoin and cedar mix gives this a damp laundry or wet dog smell for the dry down which I can't stand. It's maddening because the opening is so great but I am led to much disappointment. Not to my surprise it has soft silage and short longevity.
In comparison I find this the medium between the original and Azur in terms of citrus sweetness. Azur is more my preference.
I would instead recommend Bvlgari's Mon Jasmin Noir L'eau Exquise for a much more beautiful citrus/jasmine experience.

Maodo

If you like this perfume, you will like L'Instant de Guerlain Fleur de Mandarine too. I promise :-)

derkargy
derkargy

It's a bit stronger than the original.

Eneli
Eneli

Lovely, frech and citrusy mixed with jasmin. Reminds me alot one my favourite perfumes - Thierry Mugler Alien Sunessence.

suemass
suemass

I just love this for my summer fragrance! I reminds me of a garden with an orchard near. No sour notes just lovely uplifting fragrance. I spray this in my hair and every time there is a breeze I get this wonderful aroma that wafts by. It is one of my favorites; clean, fresh, floral, sunny!

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

I broke with my "all Lancome perfume is horrid" mindset and strolled over to their counter to see what was what, O'de L'Orangerie caught me at first sniff, there was something so familiar about it. I sprayed it on a tester strip and went on my merry way to Sephora where I proceeded to sniff a pack of yummies, but my mind kept going to the lovely Lancome....when my son and I were done shopping we went back through Macy's and I sprayed O'de L'Orangerie on my wrist, I still can't quite pin what other perfume it smells very much like, though it is not any of the "reminds me of" perfumes listed. I don't get a ton of citrus though there is a bit, it is more powdery floral on me perhaps a bit reminiscent of Shalimar. It is a very comforting floral warm fragrance, probably better suited twards fall/winter. I like it, but not love it.

Sillage: 3/5 stays pretty close to the skin

Longevity: 4/5 still going strong after 4 hours.

All in all: I like it, it's a nice safe non-offensive scent

bobo1
bobo1

J'ai adoré! Tout simplement!
For those who like Cedrat by Roger&Gallet a orange citrus version.

Longevity:
I sprayed it on the back of my hand more than 8 hours ago, washed my hands multiple times and it's still there .

kakaka2
kakaka2

This is a great fragrance! I had been avoiding it for so long just for the fact that citruses usually don't get along with my skin (or my nose :)).

However, I took the chance based on reviews here and once again I was not mislead. Yes, this scent is at first citrus but in a fresh, genuine way and in time turns into a very delicate and simply beautiful white flower composition. I find it pretty lasting on my skin, which is also a surprise, but on a relatively hot spring day I can enjoy this lovely fragrance the whole day.

I thank to all reviewers and highly recommend O de L'Orangerie as a true spring/summer beauty.

pbluberry
pbluberry

I like this more than the original. Smells sparkly bitter orange to me. Very refreshing but I only tried it on the test strip. Will have to try it on skin next time around.

maneki_neko
maneki_neko

It's delicious. That's the only way I know to accurately describe it. The bitter orange is so bright, and eventually gives way to a just-sweet-enough jasmine.

Couldn't do it everyday. It's like a rich dessert--best enjoyed every once in a while.

Tulip Time
Tulip Time

I love this fragrance and I find it "delightful". It works well in the warmer weather and doesn't overpower with heaviness. I'll wear it even on a cold winter's day just to feel a little light and spring-y.

lemontreelime12
lemontreelime12

I really wanted to like this, but those orange notes did not stay on top of the fragrance (or with the fragrance as time went on) as well as i had hoped they would.

If you love orange blossom as much as I do, this O de Lancome flanker is worth checking out.

I turn to wearing fresh orange blossom scents at the start of every Spring. It's my way of avoiding fruity or citrusy scents, and sticking with florals. O de L'Orangerie is so light and fresh on the skin, that it's perfect for those hot Spring and Summer days.

It's also a tad sweet, in a way that compliments the rest of the composition. The scent in its entirety strikes me as being rather cool and crisp. The mint-green coloured bottle really does suit the scent, as it's quite fresh yet feminine.

It may never live up to its classic and unique predecessor, O de Lancome, but this flanker does have the ability to stand on its own two feet. Its zesty approach to orange blossom intrigues me, and is also what makes it so universally pleasing.

It's unfortunate that O de L'Orangerie is a limited edition. The only stores that still stock it tend to be duty free, and I fear that after this year, it will become increasingly harder to find. O de Lancome, O de L'Orangerie and the accompanying flankers are some of the very best from Lancome.

Although the projection is a little weak, the lasting strength is surprisingly good. I tested it before heading off to work and still caught wafts of it after I finished my shift. I recommend.

paulancavalcanti
paulancavalcanti

I so love this perfume. It's a fresh orange, very refined one I must add, that lasts all day in my very hot city here in Brazil. Great if you like citrus scents, but in a very delicate composition. Not so great if you're a sweet addict, it is far from the overwhelming floral I'm used to sniff here and there, although there's a little sweetness in it (I'd say just enough to balance with the citrus).
It's a perfume for the day, wouldn't wear it at night, even if in a warmer one, for it has little sexyness to it. It's much more of a vibrant, energetic scent, the kind that makes me feel ready for a long day of work.

gabri

I am so angry this perfume I received from my BF does not last at all....It's so lovely and delicate, why does this happen ? :o(

girl1000
girl1000

I love this. It is pure summer joy in a bottle. The opening is bright citrus with warm white florals beneath, all entirely natural. The late drydown is almost entirely a very natural jasmine, which is nice but too simple for me. I only wish that some of the bright top notes lasted through the later drydown. I find l'Orangerie to be a gorgeous fragrance and a nice summery alternative to Dior's Pure Poison, which I also love. This scent is affordable enough to reapply with abandon, and I love it so much that the late drydown isn't a dealbreaker for me at all. It is somewhat similar to Jesus Del Pozo's In White, but for me, l'Orangerie is far superior to In White which gives off a slightly synthetic note.
UPDATE: I just tested l'Orangerie again, and either it has changed or I have, as the bright orange blossom note in the beginning now lasts forever on me. I love it! This would be a perfect scent for a wedding.

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

love this...since its been so hot all week..i had to spray this wonderfull fresh scent on!

Morgane08
Morgane08

O de l'Orangerie is spring in a bottle.
True, it is not the most surprising or original scent, but it is the most consistent fragrance I've had. By that I mean that when you spray it on your skin it immediately smells of Orange Blossom and Jasmine with a touch of citrus. And you know what? It stays that way until the end of the day. It never loses its freshness, which makes it the best spring/summer scent I've ever bought.
And yes, the longevity (at least on me)is excellent.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

PS: this is coming from someone who used to hate the smell of orange flowers and completely changed her mind thanks to Lancome.

Wingless
Wingless

I would love this perfume, fresh lemon and jasmine is like a dream to me, not too sharp or too cloying on the flowers.... but that plastic like smell of the orange blossoms kills me! simply can't stand it.

hollycat
hollycat

When I first apply its all citrus and then shortly after the jasmine starts to bloom in the heart notes. This process takes only about 15-20min. After that it dries down and you can smell the ever so slightest hint of benzoin and cedar. But the basenotes are practically absent on my skin, they just sort of anchor the scent.

To me this is a very simple perfume, yet very pretty. Its basically an orange/citrus/jasmine scent, all in the same ratio. The citrus stands out just as much as the jasmine. I think it would make a better lotion though. Because it almost smells lotion like when its on. Plus the longevity and sillage are poor on me, so a lotion would probably give it more wear time.

Overall, its very pretty. But I would never bother with a FB purchase.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

I am trying this on one arm and Eau de sisley no.1 on my other arm. I am lookng for a fresh citrus floral for the hot days of summer but I am looking for something that will not dry down into another of those light white floral.

While O de l'orangeraie is a very pretty fragrance, it does not strike me as being original enough. I still prefer the original. It is a bit generic and very politically correct, but if this is what you're looking for, then this one might be for you. It is totally non offensive and discreet. I agree with a previous review here that says it smells a little like Jo Malone's orange blossom at first spray. But it quickly transforms into something more subdued and soft and less orange-juicy/lilac. They end up being completely different.

Also this reminds me of a perfume that was very popular in the early 2000s but I can't remember which one! But it smells very familiar.

I love orange blossoms, and it's hard to find an orange blossom perfume that smells amazing, but this is just beautiful. My aunt has an orange tree in her yard, and when driving to Las Vegas, there are miles of blooming orange trees during the summer, just phenomenal! O de L'Orangerie is like orange blossom water--refreshing and clean, and the orange blossom is beautifully balanced by a warm base of resin and cedar. It does remind me of the original O de Lancome, but it's more modern, less citrus, and sweeter. This is so beautiful for summer or spring, sooo clean and delightful!

tschiepchen

O de L'Orangerie is Anna Sui's Secret Wish Magic Romance's twin and is an overall fresh fragrance that centres around citruses and orange flower with a faint bitter note that makes the fragrance perfect for hot summer days.

The sillage is average and the fragrance lasts for about 4 hours on my skin.

With every spray the composition is very fresh, uplifting and energizing - and therefore I do not mind touching up on this fragrance every couple of hours.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

Upon first spray, I was immediately reminded of Alien from Thierry Mugler. Maybe not the Eau de Parfum, but a cleaner version. Perhaps the Alien Eau de Toilette or Alien Aqua Chic? I desire to call it, "L'eau de Alien". I believe this is due to the way in which the jasmine is used or breed of jasmine. O de L`Orangerie craftfully uses more citrus and benzoin opposed to amber. This is a very fresh, well balanced floral where all of the notes equally share the bottle.

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

Oh, Lancome, you'll get a lot of lovers of your O de l'orangerie after Dior stopped making their Cherie l'eau. And I would be one of them, if I don't find another bottle of the green cherie.
Sure O de l'orangerie does not have the same bitter sweet opening, but the sour fresh burst of lemon and orange is good enough to want to go further. And there you have a pretty and clean white jasmine heart surrounded by the green-ness of orange blossom. The cashmere-like white flowery heart that I like so much. O, you truly are a sister of Dior's Cherie. Wish I liked your bottle as much as I liked Dior's, but let's face it, the juice is more important than a plastic ribbon. And it is very pleasant indeed.

cecfor
cecfor

It starts off wonderfully with fresh citruses, perfect for summer. Then there must be some peculiar reaction with my skin. After an hour or so it turns and then smells like thick chemically sweet lemon-scented cleaner. No, I don't want to smell like that. Drydown sounds interesting but I washed it off before it got there. On paper I did't get that chemical side of it at all, only the fresh summer scent that I ought to like. I think it is not supposed to smell like it did on me. So, advise from me: try on skin (as always).

NaniFiona
NaniFiona

Fresh, delicious orange blossons, calming and revigorating...after an hour a beautiful Jasmin starts to glow...

artsyrn
artsyrn

The words that come to mind are fresh, sweet,soapy,clean,soft floral-citrus...but there is something 'dirty'in it that keeps this from feeling immature! I wonder if this is the this the benzoin and cedar?
Oh de L 'Orangerie lasts and lasts and surrounds the wearer in a soft, sugary cloud of blooming springtime possibilities.

Aspendina
Aspendina

I THINK what I am smelling from this is all orange blossom, which happens to be one of my fav scents in this world, but hmmm its just not dead on for me. I grew up next to an Orange Grove in Fl and when they blossomed I could smell them at my house, so wonderful. I know what they smell like and again this is not dead nor is it doing anything for me. It also has similarities to Lilly Pulitzer Beachy, I can almost swear that is what I am wearing. I don't think this is for me. :-/ I already own and love Beachy and like it better than this.

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

I am not a big fan of lancome scents at all,usually there´s nothing really special about it that really caught my attention,but this one is really amazing,I love this one so badly That I really wanna buy it, just not for now,It´s magnificent classic, citrus and suits very good on my skin.. I must have this masterpice,and I´ll make a better review when I purchase it..

g&t
g&t

This is a beautiful refreshing scent, warm and cool at the same time, reminiscent of warm summer evenings.

ailimeavolokin
ailimeavolokin

I'm into orange blossom lately and this is my best hit so far. Juicy orange blossom, soft and cuddly jasmine and refreshig, slightly sweet citruses. The longevity is excellent.

Nikka Miró
Nikka Miró

Which perfume fresh and delicious! His smell of fresh green leaves and, embracing a citric scent of Orange, not only the broth ... but I can feel the bitter taste of bark too! Invigorating, love it! A great perfume, for use when the Academy or on warmer days.

SheShe
SheShe

It's both about jasmine and orange flower. Actually I find too much jasmine here, I'm not a fan of jasmine. The most pleasant in my opinion is the beginning when the fragrance is light green but this vanishes fast and becomes white jasmine -orange flower, a bit too overpowering like jasmine can be. Sweet, a bit soapy. I prefer O d'Azur, it wears easier for me. This one is nice if somebody likes these both ingredients altogether - Orangerie is too white and nauseous for me.
I agree that it has something in common with Miss Dior Cherie L' Eau, but MDCh is fresher and sharper.Also it reminds me of Alien (I don't like Alien!).
A pretty bottle!

Camin
Camin

I was in the mall and saw it and thought what the heck--and gave myself a spritz, expecting not to like it. But though it is very strong, it is lovely. I could smell the orange blossom right away, and a little of the zest too, and of course the heady jasmine. But a very clean jasmine, not the almost gagging-sweet jasmine you sometimes encounter (both in perfumes and in the plant world--there are different types of jasmine!). The drydown is somewhat powdery, but not cloyingly so. I would agree with others that it seems like a warm weather scent--though wearing it on a dull rainy cold day could really cheer you up!

serchina

Ladies..I read my comment again and I have to say it deserves much more than this..I want to wait for spring/summer to wear it but today I couldnt stop myself..I am really in love with this scent..i love every step of L'Orangerie..the beginning..the dry down..everything.its sooo soft..the citrus..the orange..the jasmine..everything soo balanced in it, fresh and all of the notes sooo elegant combined. I cant find the right words to describe this one :) its amazing..and its the perfect summer frag I used to miss and never found.

SPHINX
SPHINX

This fragrance has many lovely levels, subtle but it defintely has something that other perfumes don't. I have only had it for a day and already so many compliments. It wears really great on my skin, and the fresh citrus and orange notes dry down to a soft lingering powdery jasmine that reminds me of the sweet soft sent that jasmine plants gives on late summer afternoons. It's soft and elegant and I am addicted to the smell. My husband loves it to which is a total bonus.

serchina

I tested it last weekend and I have to say I fell in love..I cant wait for next summer to buy it..seems it will become my favourite for summer :)I adore the jasmine note with citruses..sooooo nice (you shouldnt spray it on paper..you should try it directly on your skin!)

bbbonbon

Update: Sorry, I gave it another chance and it was dreadfull. It was kind of nice on my skin but my clothes reecks of jasmin, which by the way, I loath most of the time.

gaby67
gaby67

in my skin smells like jasmine and nothing more, a little bit sopay, I'm ok with that but expected something more orageish... besides my husband hates jasmine :(

bbbonbon

At first, it was heavenly, the citrus, the orange blossoms and the cedar were lovely. But, after 30 minutes it change into something strange, I don't know if it was too bitter or synthetic but it was definitely weird. An hour later change again, this time into something pleasant, I mean now it's soft, citrusy and a little soapy. It's nice, nothing really special so I guess I'll give it another try.

Zaleska
Zaleska

The notes sound very appealing to me.
The only thing that made me "sad" is the soapy drydown that some reviewers below noticed. I like soapy, but I was expecting something more fresh, nothing "soap", only by observing the bottle.
Gonna try. After I tell you.

CONTINUATION:
Tried it: very soapy, nothing fresh, and made me remember of something I already have. Nothing new. A little annoying. Threw the paper strip away.

greystone
greystone

My wife has a sample of this fragrance and it is awsome.I love how they blended this scent,I feel that it is a masterpiece,I wish my house smelled like this fragrance.It opens with the best orange and citrus scent I have ever smelled and then You smell the sweet jasmine and cedar.This is one of my favorite fragrances to smell I and will be buying a bottle for my wife a.s.a.p.This will be another one of my wifes perfumes that I'll spray myself just to get a whiff of this beautiful and intoxicating scent.I love it.

RosaMilena
RosaMilena

What a radiantly beautiful, fresh, clean, dewy-green, orange blossom floral! This lovely flanker opens with a splash of dewdrop-fresh citric greens embraced by a warmly lush heart of neroli, clean jasmine, and headily smooth creamy orange blossoms. The tenderly soft base of clean, light woods and benzoin envelops everything in a tenderly soft cocoon of warm elegance and subtle sweetness. This is a delicately intoxicating haze of clean, white seduction. Feminine in extremis. I am enchanted.

Pinni

I did go and test this on my skin the next day I wrote my first comment. I didn't take long for me to decide I wanted it and today I went to get a 50ml bottle for myself.

The jasmine comes out intense and lovely on my skin, even more than it did on the paper. (Somehow my skin chemistry seems to enhance some flowery scents and vanilla.) The scent feels fresh and green like the wind in a fruit and tree garden. Still it's sweet and floral which makes it definitely feminine. Citruses are noticeable especially in the beginning and succeed in making the scent fresh without turning out soapy like many fragrances.

L'Orangerie is a lot nicer than it's predecessor which I can't actually say I like. I also tried on Lancome o d'Azur too, which was pretty nice but nothing that special or extraordinary and maybe a bit too sweet.

Lancome l'Orangerie instead will definitely go to my all time favorites. (And I have to say that I'm very picky with my fragrances.)

Mtsk
Mtsk

Great for summer time... love it and i will use it during my vacations to a Greek Island!!!!!!!!!!

Mandana
Mandana

Beautiful sweet modern fragrance with a hint of green. It settled on my skin and the sweet orange notes blossomed and stayed, the zesty green notes had long disappeared by then. I was kind of hoping the green notes would linger a bit longer; I dont get any cedar notes at all but I still love the sillage of sweet oranges with something faintly floral on my skin. I dont like the O de Lancome scent (smells a little dated now) and the new Lancome Azur doesnt smell too special on my skin, reminds me of a bathroom cleaner and doesnt otherwise smell of a day by the sea, which the name "Azur" seems to conjure up. But O de l'Orangerie is lovely, beautiful, romantic, flowing and enticing. One smelled, not forgotten! This is for me THE 2011 summer fragance. Bien fait, Lancome!

Trinity
Trinity

Oh, this is just sooooo beautiful! :-) I will wear this a lot during my upcoming vacation! Perfect for "green & fresh" lovers...

Very uplifting (orange flowers & citruses), cooling & refreshing; but manages to be sensual (jasmine, cedar & benzoin) too!;-)

This one is a winner!

smartypants1562000
smartypants1562000

Ladies, let your man pick out what he likes to smell on you. The smells of orange is nice and love the floral notes

Pinni

I sprayed a sample of it on paper today and liked it very much. In the evening I left the sample next to the computer and after a while I noticed that my bf kept smelling it! I had taken a couple of different samples but apparently that was his choice. Mine too I have to say... I think I'll try it on tomorrow.

It's a lovely fresh, floral and citrusy scent. You can detect the jasmine and that's probably why my bf likes this scent.

Karisha
Karisha

mmm... i loved this one. Just no words, only emotions!!!

Vamy69
Vamy69

This reminded me alot of Armani Code. It is nice but not earth shattering. The lasting power is not all that great on me either.

lialu
lialu

Lovely. Absolutely lovely. :-)

Elisabeth M.
Elisabeth M.

To my nose: by far the best of all the 'O's' de Lancome! Reminds me of holidays in south France/Cote d'Azur.This perfume captures perfectly the breeze of salted sea mixed with mediterranean flowers and spices. Love it!

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

I have a sample of this and one word describes it..YUCK!
reminds me of some kind of household cleaner! I would not wear this if it was the only perfume on earth!

Miripiri
Miripiri

The notes sounded nice so today I tried it. I am afraid I don't like it at all. It reminds me so much of Womanity from Mugler which I can't stand. What a pity.

tschiepchen

It smells EXACTLY like Anna Sui's Secret Wish Magic Romance.
I have the Sui perfume so I am able to judge that.
Smells a bit like Light Blue with a hint of orange blossom and lily of the valley.
Crisp, clean, fresh, nice for spring and summer.

Ladybird2
Ladybird2

It's definitely green. I also get the orange blossom. It's clean and fresh, there's a summer feeling there. But, it reminds me of some fabric softener, and so I feel why should I pay for this? Nice, but won't buy it.

Kellypham
Kellypham

i feel something similar to miss dior cherie l'eau, IT'S GREEN....but sweeter than dior l'eau. With the price £30 for 70ml, i think i might buy it for this summer..^^...Just a fresh perfume for daily use with reasonable price.

Aigner_Again
Aigner_Again

At the very beginning it's a mess. I got scared a bit. But wait a minute, this is Lancome. It can't be bad. And voila! after a few moments every note falls right into its place and you get an optimistic fresh green scent. Happy, romantic and young at heart. Not girlish-cheap! It reminds me of some other happy n'cosy greens like Daliflor EdT and Duende, but O de L'Orangerie is a higher level I should say. Absolutely my kind of perfume.

nicolette09
nicolette09

i sprayed it on the paper and it was so bad that i couldn't dare to spray it on me. Strong, very strong, gave my friend a very bad cough. I thought it smelled like mosquito repellent

100perfumes
100perfumes

" what you see is what you get: ..you can recognaize every note here
its very fresh, clean , shiny , spring feeling , the drydown is soapy in a style of Prada Amber Pour Homme and Gucci Eau de Parfum Gucci for women
also j Malone orange bollsom have in commom

marianna_palermo
marianna_palermo

nice fresh fragrance which doesn't vanish quickly. maybe a little too sweet after a while...

O de L`Orangerie by Lancome 3.91 out of 5 based on 483 ratings and 77 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lancome O de L`Orangerie fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lancome O de L`Orangerie, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify O de L`Orangerie by Lancome. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of O de L`Orangerie by Lancome represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.