Designers » L » Citrus « Groups

O de Lancome Lancome for women

O de Lancome Lancome for women
dislike

O de Lancome Lancome for women Pictures O de Lancome Lancome for women Pictures O de Lancome Lancome for women Pictures O de Lancome Lancome for women Pictures O de Lancome Lancome for women Pictures O de Lancome Lancome for women Pictures O de Lancome Lancome for women Pictures O de Lancome Lancome for women Pictures O de Lancome Lancome for women Pictures O de Lancome Lancome for women Pictures O de Lancome Lancome for women Pictures

O de Lancome is appropriate for summer and summer mood during whole year. It is full of sunbeams and refreshing notes. The dynamic citrusy aromas of lemon, tangerine, bergamot and petit grain blends with fresh flowers, such as honeysuckle, lily of the valley and jasmine. The heart is bitter and aromatic, composed of rosemary and basil. The sharp base note consists of moss, vetiver, ambergris and musk. It was launched in 1969. The nose behind this fragrance is Robert Gonnon.

Honeysuckle Mandarin Orange Bergamot Lemon

Vent Vert

O de Lancome Fragrance Reviews

birdy
birdy

very nice it's fresh without being fruity or sweet or flowery. just fresh lemon and fresh woods!

Maybertram
Maybertram

I received this as a gift a good couple years ago, but was unable to see past the mighty citrus opening - it seemed too bitter and too powerful.
I recently revisited what was a nearly full bottle, after reading the reviews here (thanks!), and oh boy, was it a beautiful surprise!
First of all, seeing the comparisons to Diorella was a bit startling (it is my mother's signature perfume, and I thought I would have noticed the similarities!) but they are absolutely spot on. There are important differences (Diorella starts off much less aggressively and is softened/sweetened by the floral elements) but all the marks of an elegant, classy chipre, ending in a woodsy, long lastin aura - are here.

The opening is a bit of knock out, and don't be afraid if it puts you off at first. The herbs and the lemon pretty much punch you in the face. But (at least on my skin) very soon the citrus evaporates, and the herbs get more complex and - whether it's basil, or rosemary, there's hardly any sweetness. It's actually as if somebody took the leaves with the whole bush, twigs, roots and all, and blended indiscriminately. I mean this in the nicest possible way.
It is green, but in a vermouthy, bitter yet drinkable sort of way.

What happens during the next hour or two is fantastic. I'm not terribly good at discerning notes, but something in the final phase of "O" (is that the oakmoss or the sandalwood?) creates a delicate, round, very classic cloud of scent (this is where it is most reminiscent of older, classic perfume).

I love it and I'm very happy to rediscover it.
Turns out the bottle design and the initial strong splash of citrus really fooled me.
(If you excuse a bit of clumsy synaesthesia here, I don't see it as cool and green, at all - it's very much a gold and white kind of scent for me)

Lana148
Lana148

O de Lancôme feels like classical, citrus based cologne.

This is citrus, bergamot, herbal mix with some vintage feel to it. It is fresh, green, summery and unisex.

janella13
janella13

Found a vintage mini bottle at an estate sale. Vintage trumps new formumation. Totally trumps.

Nice summer scent.

EDIT:
I so LOVE this scent. It speaks of summer. If you can get the vintage, grab it. The newer formulation is not bad, just doesn't have that punch.

Summer in a bottle. Joy.

Sylvie-Aus
Sylvie-Aus

Very similar of "Eau de Rochas", citrus and aromatic , well for me. A lot of herbs scents, more than woods , once again on me. It has been around for a long time, reminds me of my aunt & I am not a young spring chicken. Easy to wear, great fragrance for summer as is " Eau de Rochas". Smells as a quality cologne for me !

deepyb
deepyb

About 30 years ago my favourite aunt used to wear this fragrance. I LOVED it! For me it was like MAGIC in a bottle. A couple of years later (about age 16) I finally was able to afford a O de Lancome myself. I always felt very special, pretty and grown up while wearing it.

A couple of years ago I bought OdL, the reformulated version. Can't exactly explain which notes are missing. Although it reminds me of the vintage one of the 80's, it's not the same anymore. Nevertheless, still a very lovely perfume. Citrussy, green, fresh, crispy and a bit spicy.

Longevity and sillage: moderate.

Bajar
Bajar

Joyful, optimistic, fresh and uplifting. As most of the vintage perfumes I own this one reminds me something from my youth too. It brings to my mind pictures of my summer holidays somewhere in southern Greece where the lemon trees were still full of fruits and numerous pots with basil decorated every single yard.
I had the chance to wear it during my university years back in early 90s. A frosted splash bottle filled with the juice of carelessness. Not just a citrus perfume but a beautiful composition of lemon and basil with an earthy quality due to vetiver and real oakmoss. Recently I found a forgotten unopened bottle in my parental home, a backup from that era. I'm very lucky that it didn't get bad after all these years and that it still smells like summer.

Milenadim
Milenadim

My mum used to share with me when i was a little girl.I smelled it again yesterday after 15 or maybe more years and it immediately made me remind our walks for shopping after we both had sprayed o de lancome!

derkargy

The current version lacks of a bit oakmoss,I think and it's more lemony.Just like all the reformulations of all the legendary perfumes,the silage is weaker.

0829am
0829am

My mum has a really old bottle of this and shared it with me today. Her bottle was frosted and had no spray at all. Were all the vintage bottles like this?
She splashed a little on my hand and I was greeted with a lovely fresh citrus opening, with a hint of vetiver in the background. After the citrus faded, coriander and basil took over and it develops into a delicious herbal scent on me. At the drydown, vetiver takes centre stage.
I find that the scent starts off uplifting and later transforms into something calming and therapeutic.
I'm really curious to find out how different the current version is!

I owned one or two of the O de Lancôme flankers at various points, but somehow I never tried the original. Thanks to Action, I am able to experience this fragrance from a vintage miniature bottle which happily has not spoiled.

Super fresh and very green, O de Lancôme smells to me like a very green floral chypre with a bright citrus opening. This was what bright and shiny perfumes smelled like pre-Y2K. Now they all seem to have an SSRI sheen and smell very simple and abstract.

Funny, though I was sure that this was a citrus green floral chypre (the oakmoss is unmistakeable), I don't see any flowers listed among the notes!

Demira
Demira

A few years ago I asked one of my aunts is she knew what this perfume smelled like, she smiled and said: "It smells like money"... I did not understand what she meant, until a few years later while I was in Capri and this beautiful woman stepped out of this fancy restaurant, she was classy and rich, I could tell by her dress and looks, she walked towards me to meet some other people who were standing behind me, and that's when I smelled her, fresh, lemony, crisp and wonderful.... I don't know if she was wearing Oh! but to me it smelled exactly the same....

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

This bitter lemon and basil opening simply gives the impression of perfect LIMES, complete with 'leaves and stems'. ( Thanks go to Caribou55313 for the apt description! )

I would be saving for my very own bottle of this most refreshing concoction, were it not for a dismal truth.....

In 15 minutes there is nothing left to smell!

Sad but true.

Three Stars - Five Stars if the concentration allowed for better longevity!

IMsooKool4Real
IMsooKool4Real

For me this is a contemporary and fresh Ma Griffe pour Homme ... and I mean that in the most positive and complimentary way.

O' de Lancome is almost like a Eau Fraiche Homme version of the great Carven classic. It is so fresh, green and lightly mossy and the top has such a clean, subdued, bright citrus. For me O' de Lancome is the love child of a mature Ma Griffe and a young Estee Lauder Pleasures for Men.

That missing Oakmoss note in Pleasures is in this one. The cleaner citrus is in there. The cool patchouli earthiness of Ma Griffe made it into the gene pool. All of this makes it a great unisex fragrance but more than that - for me at least - it is the Ma Griffe pour Homme that never was.

Housebliss
Housebliss

They reformulated this into a most excellent fragrance for men, and as a man I couldn't be happier. This was instant love for me, and very reminiscent of the original Eau De Patou.

Man.....this is just awesome. I want to smell like this, anywhere, anytime.

Quick update: It doesn't last on my skin unfortunately, but it sticks to clothing quite well. I noticed the drydown is very similar to Hommes de Grès. Although it's a great fragrance, it only lasts 2 hours on my skin. That's not acceptable.

Kattmatte
Kattmatte

I have tried to get my head around the new formulation of this scent. Reading what others here have picked up I word here and another there.
"Rotten lemons" yes there is some truth in that. "Sharp" I agree to but there is something else… "coriander", there it is.
No, this isn't the Ô de Lancôme I fell in love with years ago. But this is something new, younger and most certainly unisex in a way the old version wasn't.
Ô de Lancôme in now something that could have been made in an apothecary in Parma.

strawberryswitchblade
strawberryswitchblade

This is the most simple, straightforward scent I ever encountered. There is no hidden meaning and no message to be delivered. It is fresh squeezed bitter orange mixed with just chopped fragrant wood splinters and a touch of aromatic herbs thrown in for good measure. It is an uplifting, happy, bright and unclouded cologne. It can make one feel clean even after not having showered for an entire week. Ok, I didn't try that yet but it's the feeling I get when I'm wearing it. I've been using it for several years already and never got tired of it. Sillage and longevity are just right for this type of fragrance. Not monstrous and not weak.

olorami
olorami

Muchos buenos recuerdos encierra esta fragancia para mi, fue la unica que tolere durante mi embarazo, esta en el salon de la fama de la gama de las fragancias citricas, segun mi punto de vista, no es el limon comun , me recuerda mucho a los te de caña santa que mi abuela preparaba para todos en la tarde, esta fragancia evoca a la maternidad, me recuerda al clima humedo y calido donde naci, un perfume tan juvenil, pero tan maduro y transparente, que no todos se atreven a amar porque no es comun.

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

@Jerrythecat, yes, many eaux are indeed quite unissex to say the least. One should also try Miss Dior Originale, yes, I know with a 'miss' in the name it makes things a bit more difficult for men to have a look. But it seems/smells a better version of present day Eau Sauvage. I got it as part of a swap and couldn't get rid of it so beautiful it wears on me, like ES Le Parfum. I will try to look for Ô de Lancome, as Chanel Cristalle seems out of reach. One should also have in mind Chanel no 19, although that is not a citrous scent. Thanks a lot for the tip.

Jerrythecat
Jerrythecat

In my journey through the re-discovery of the "eaux" after Eau de Rochas, Eau de Courrèges and Escale à Parati, I now am the happy owner of one of my timeless favourites: Ô de Lancôme (with the circumflex accents please). And I must say, what a beauty!
Yes, it is a perfume marketed for ladies, but all the "eaux" found their original inspiration in the "eaux de Cologne" which were originally worn by men back in the 30s, and Ô is definitely a unisex perfume starting with a citrusy punch developing into a flowery subtle combination which is not overpowering at all, and very close to Eau Sauvage. So why not trying?
Guys, you should definitely be brave and have this gem in your bathroom, in your bag and in your gym locker. You will not regret. And if you live in Europe, it is one of the cheapest luxury perfumes money can buy.
I would be curious to have any man's views on this!

Update: Ô is very similar to Eau de Courrèges but with a deeper sillage and lasting longevity. There is also something powdery and feminine in this perfume that gives me an immense sense of security and well-being like your mum's personal smell, without being too pronounced. Off to John Lewis next week to stock up!
Now I have a dilemma: shall I cheat on Eau de Rochas or remain faithful...

LoveForYMCMB

Coriander, coriander and more coriander. This is beautifulkky soft, ellegant and so classic, but it gets a little sharp within time.

LoveForYMCMB

This is beautifully soft. I thought i wasn't gonna like,it,m but it's one of the non-gourmands i like. This is simply precious!

Fridaime
Fridaime

O de Lancome, me encanta, me recuerda al Calandre de Paco Rabanne, es el cítrico ideal para mí. Me gustan los cítricos pero, generalmente se me convierten en olor a pepino o melón y eso es desagradable, este permanece realmente cítrico, huele a cáscara de limón en mi piel y luego se siente floral muy fresco, me encante en esta época del año (noviembre aquí en Chile). Fragancia deliciosa, espero no la descontinuen igual que el Calandre que fue mi favorito durante la mitad de mi vida.

chrislf
chrislf

I bought this on impulse after smelling it. I love the sunny fresh burst of citrus and the mossy vetiver notes. There isa floral touch to it [jasmine,honeysuckle?}. Although its supposedly a women's perfume [sexing perfumes is really just cultural nonsense] men could easily use this perfume. Having said that it actually has what most might describe as quite masculine aspect to to it the citrus is unisex and the vetiver is very masculine the floral touches soften it and give powdery hint after a while.. I love it but I have to say a big fault is that I find on my skin it doesn't last long.

acidrain
acidrain

Ideal for summer day fresh and citrusy

neckar
neckar

Una colonia que no ha perdido ni un ápice de actualidad, fresca, ligera y al mismo tiempo se hace notar. Una de mis imprescindibles para el verano.

harpist
harpist

Ô no! I think this could be gorgeous but the batch that I sprayed smelled so wrong. Overwhelmingly bitter citrus opening that is cough inducing- it's too masculine for me because of the rather synthetic oak moss. The heart is tolerable but a spicy and woodsy concoction that I would rather prefer to stay away from. Pungent, strong, and sharp- if I didn't know better I would think someone just rolled out of the dirt in a forest. I think the jasmine is what redeems this into a woman's fragrance and I do enjoy the dry down when it is not so overwhelming. Perhaps the new formulation ruined it? I can imagine the classy potential and elegance it used to be. Soft-moderate silage but not much of a lasting power. Too bad! ;(

yvankraft
yvankraft

One of the happiest scents I know. Full of youth and joy and quite nonchalant, ô de lancôme is a frag for beautiful moments, when you taste simple pleasures of life, like a spring walk in the park or the company of an old friend. It's a pity the frosted bottle is gone now, I loved it so much, how can they destroy the ideas of the designers, creators of illusion and poetry through aesthetic form? Difficult times...

tourmali45
tourmali45

Delightful slightly bitter lemony composition. Oakmoss lends its depth, but on my skin is never overpowering, just pleasantly present. The staying power is not great, but with light summer scents like this one, it's probably an unattainable aim. I would wear it interchangeably with Green Tea during summer.

Museumgal
Museumgal

Very sharp green citrus and oakmoss. Simple composition, good for spring and summer but very strong oakmoss, could get musty if overapplied.

laura.linger.3

Today, I put this on for the first time this 2013 summer. Fresh! Green! Sharp! Clean! Like I am in a beautiful meadow! It is a kiss from an old and dear friend. I love this fragrance so very much.

Lettukestit
Lettukestit

Oh my. First thought: this is what people think when they think perfume. Expensive smelling, pungent, overwhelming. Brings to mind oldish well-off ladies at the opera or something. A little powdery and very strong, almost masculine (but nowhere near as masculine as the CK One summer editions, mind :)).

In about an hour it turns softer and more powdery. A little like Anais Anais, actually.

I've not yet made up my mind about this one.
Edit. my bottle is frosted (bought it pre-owned), so probably it's vintage?
Edit. the box says copyright 1985 so it is ancient, and has possibly gone "off".

cristinaca
cristinaca

I'm so disappointed with the reformulated O de lancome. I used to have it in the eighties and it was nothing like this. It used to be fresh and lemony and much smoother than this. This has taught me not to buy blindly perfumes I used to love. This new O de Lancome is SHARP as hell, it starts pleasant enough but after a while all I can smell is intense vetiver I think or oakmoss. Those overwhelming aromas get to my head and I find them really annoying. I thought it would be a good change from Eau de Rochas, which I really love, but I made a mistake. Eau de Rochas is wonderfully fresh and aromatic, a great formula. I'll come back to you Eau de Rochas for sure.

AprilSea

@Mentmorian. Yes, that was the original perfume, before changing the formula somewhere in the 90s. My mom had it, and I remember the bottle being somewhat purplish, a frosty grey-white, stark and cold, lacking the embossed O.
They reformulated not only the perfume but also the bottle. In the present formula it's a summery scent. The original was a year round deep, crispy (not lemony) scent with good silage.

Mentmorian
Mentmorian

Did this ever come in a vaguely see-through light purple bottle? I'm trying to recall the perfume I was bought in 1986 in the UK, could have sworn it was O de Lancome.

ivi rose
ivi rose

This review is for a 1970s vintage bottle. I bought this blind because I found it at a good price and liked the lemon lime description. When I first sprayed it I didn't like it. It reminded me of someone I didn't like from the past, it smelled dated. I tried it again and I enjoyed the herbally, grassy, lemon lime scent. This one makes me happy.
It starts out real strong, but soon enters into a lovely herbal/oakmoss/lime world. A place I like to be. It doesn't last long on skin, but remains on my clothes til the next day.
I wouldn't call it feminine or sexy, but happy and serene. I wear it for myself and my husband likes it.
I am surprised at the clinique aromatics comparison. Aromatics is one of my faves and is much more spicy. I know everyone is different though.
I've had it on for about and hour and don't even smell citrus, but sweet honeysuckle mixed with windblown grass on a sunny day. oh I'm enjoying this.

Mickey Tollerraine
Mickey Tollerraine

very fresh, soft but weak. I used it when I was going to university, but never think to buy again.

july1960
july1960

Green jello, that's all I smell. As much as I love Lancome, this one's not for me!

lalludo
lalludo

this scent was a gift. from somebody who doesn't know me at all...! it is a very soft and fresh scent, citrus and lemon are very present, too much for me, it reminds me of toilette sprays...not very pleasant!

dkny27
dkny27

Get a lot of citrus!! Then the dry down reminds me of something very masculine.... Bought a mini and now just not interested..... Great scent for a guy....

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

Very similar to my old favourite Chanel Cristalle. The same sparkling green opening with a hint of lemon. The drydown is a lovely sweet floral that smells expensive, like flower petals rather than candyfloss. A lovely gentle fresh scent. Really refreshing and none of that awful cucumber and melon that I don't like!

Ouch!
Ouch!

I am lucky enough to be reviewing the vintage version of this as I got a lovely sample from a lovely fellow fragrantican!
So..this perfume on first application is another one that I would consider not my style. It opens with a nice citrus burst but undertones of what I can only describe as a chypre. It smells vintagey. There’s alot of oakmoss which always gives those classic chypres that same smell which is pleasant but to me..slightly like an old cupboard.

This perfume morphs massively within about 5 minutes. I sprayed it on while doing my morning routine and by the time I was dress and in the bathroom the citruses had faded alot and it now smelled extrememly bizarre on my skin. It smells like a mix-mash of flower petals that had been trodden into muddy water.. eugh. I was hoping it wasn’t going to smell like that for too long.

Thankfully it didn’t, what came next was a huge blast of vetiver. Lots...the perfume turned drier...and grassy while still holding onto a slight citrusy vibe but no more muddy petals.
I could smells wafts of vetiver all the way to work and I walk for about half an hour.

By the time I got to work it had settled quite nicely, much softer vetiver, oakmoss still there and no citruses.
It’s faded quite a bit though and I’m only getting tiny sniffs every now and then.

Not my kind of scent but glad to try a vintage!!

Migalex
Migalex

To my taste, they ruined this perfume, but that is me. They transformed a beautiful honeysuckle floral scent into a masculine smelling citrus aromatic scent. It is too lemon sharp in the opening, but that quickly goes away to give room to a sharp aromatic scent which I do not find pleasant at all, although as time goes by it does get softer. What a shame.

laura.linger.3

To me, this is joy in a bottle. It is uplifting to the spirit and the senses. I live in a very warm climate, so I enjoy it year-round. I found it just by browsing one day, and it just knocked my proverbial socks off, and I had to own it. For me, it is the greenest scent I have ever smelled. There's a lot of citrus in this scent, but it's the green accord that rules the roost. I also like that it's fresh and clean but I still feel like I am wearing perfume. It also comes in a beautiful bottle. I think I would call O de Lancome my "signature" fragrance, I love it that much.

mariasara
mariasara

This was my first perfum, as a gift on my early teens.I have the idea that it was more citric by then than it is now. Anyway, I like it very much, it´s the kind of scent you can never get tired of (light, refreshing, close to the skin)I find it very clean, uplifting and therapeutical. Wonderful when you are tired of the "stronger" ones. I love the way it settles down, with beautiful chypre notes, after the first citric top notes. Wonderful.

amelie
amelie

Very classy, very longlasting when you consider that it is still a citrus fragrance, it's more green than citrus to me, with a wonderful dry-down. Elegant, perfect for hot summer days.

purrz11
purrz11

I was out looking for a green, grassy scent. I tested it at the store. This seemed so promising at first but after about 20 minutes, it turned sweet on me! I don't dislike it but I have plenty of sweets. It just wasn't what I was looking for.

rainbow.owl2
rainbow.owl2

I just love the bitter opening notes - very refreshing! longevity could be better, but then it's so delightful to respray on a hot day.

derkargy

A fragrance full of nostalgia.

pum.ohse
pum.ohse

Really citric. I don't dislike this perfume but i can't see myself wearing it.

Don't you just love it when you stumble upon the kind of perfume you've been searching for all your life and were never able to find, but then you pick up a random bottle while shopping at the mall, and it turns out to be THAT perfume? This is what happened to me with O de Lancome. I'd been searching for years for something distinctly herbal, not fleeting, complex, and not overabundant in citrus. I've tried several fougeres as I was willing to buy men's cologne to get that green, fresh, and herbal quality I have so desperately desired. I never gave a chance to any Lancome fragrances, since I dislike Tresor so much. When I sprayed my arm out of a sudden curiosity, I knew I found the Holy Grail of herbal perfumes. It's completely green, loaded with delightful culinary herbs, just a pinch of refreshing citrus, and oooooh my--that oakmoss base! It's not the kind of oakmoss that is suffocating in the style of the typical chypres of the 80's, with all their headache-inducing resins and spices. It's a different kind of oakmoss--one that is vibrant, green, and totally alive. I'm in love and will definitely purchase.

dlane1953
dlane1953

I have this in the new formulation, and although I like it I would not repurchase because it's too linear to be interesting. A big blast of fresh without much depth.

miguel.cabrera
miguel.cabrera

I have always loved this frag. My sister has it but I think it's unisex. I know she's not using her EDT anymore so maybe I'll just get her old bottle instead of purchasing a new with all the reformulations going on these days one can never be sure of how much they have watered it down or added synthetic notes. It reminds me of Issey Miyaki's L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme.

I tested O de Lancome today after many years and I suddenly remembered why I like it so much then.
It's true that it's not the original formula. The lemon was really popping out fresh and mingled with basil in the old formula. The new one is not as brilliant, but the basic idea is still there.
I'm not a fan of citrusy scents but once in a while comes a citrus that I really like.
O de Lancome is a masterpiece of past times and new times. I like it especially in summer as a carefree scent, but it's not your usual run-of-the-mill lemon water. There are tones of those and they come and go with no remark. O de Lancome stood the test of time.
It's very fragrant and a real perfume in its kind. The lovely fresh green and lemon notes are suported by an aromatic base that makes it last long and true, without morphing to anything cheap and fake.
The aromatic vibe is due also to the spices and a few beautiful flower in it. It's a perfume that is more complex than one might think at first.
It may not be the ultimate sexbomb, not even a luscious sensual, but its nature is clearly feminine, like a fresh young girl wandering on a summer day in casual but cared outfit. Someone that nobody could see as masculin.
well, a man could wear this one, too, but IMO it is too much of a known perfume around. It cannot be mistaken. It was a big ladies staple in the '70s when I was a kid, so it would be strange for me to smell it on a man.

craitza
craitza

The old O de lancome was one of the most beautiful scent,fresh and longlasting.The leaves of lemon ere missing in the new one.The new O de Lancome is a weak copy,nice and fresh and green,but less good that the old one.

Pierina
Pierina

I came to own this by accident. An unreliable 'friend' had me order this and never gave me the money for it.
It has sat on my shelf 8 months or so. Today I decided to open it and just keep it. Afterall I paid for it...
citrus, spices, vetiver and bergamot. quite unisex quite like Dynamisante (I feel not the same mind you but like)
This is a confident and unfeminen perfume.
I like it.
I see people saying this is a summer scent and I do agree.. but I think a man could wear it anytime.

petal49
petal49

Wonderful crisp clean smell. Always reminds me of my lovely Mother. This perfume is an absolute joy to wear anytime - fills me with happiness.

Rose Hip
Rose Hip

I have it and I like it a lot - it's like a sentimental trip back to a summer sometime in the 90s. Reminds me of a lazy hot day in a big city. And the freshness is outstanding, summery, romantic.
It is to wear from time to time, when you're in a mood for summer or it is summer and you feel like having a sentimental journey.
It's lovely: young and fresh yet classy.
HAs anyone here said "smells like bathroom?" Far from it! Smells like summer luxury.

drummagick
drummagick

I've been researching for a summery perfume for myself today. Got it down to a short list of three I wanted to try, with this perfume being on the list.

I headed over to the mall and found a tester in Macy's. I sprayed a bit on the back of my hand and got burning plastic and (fake oakmoss?).

My short list is now VERY short.

vicka16
vicka16

I have a mini Ô de Lancôme EDT, and I don't like at all. For me it has this unpleasant musty smell, sorry. Maybe it just doesn't work with my chemistry, but the smell comming directly from the bottle is the same that I can smell on myself after I apply it (right away, or one hour later - it doesn't change).

Hippyhop2
Hippyhop2

This is THE summer smell. My mom loves this one, she must have gone through 20 bottles! On a hot summer day this perfume is like cool drink for your skin! This is a classic fresh smell.

cinsot
cinsot

My relationship with O de Lancome began in my childhood and to this day its lemony goodness lifts my spirits.

Fundamentally structured as a chypre, I find I need to go easy with the application as the moss can overwhelm the senses. O de Lancome then becomes yet another classic chypre reminiscent of many classic chypres which all seem to be losing their lustre lately for some strange reason. The heat may be a factor.

However, it manages to smell amazing mixed with droplets of Pacific Ocean drying on your sun-kissed skin.

A summertime treat arousing sensations of contentment.

Brigitt
Brigitt

One of my favorite, to wear in summer! Just love it!

Canelita
Canelita

I love this one one of my favorites ever :)
If you like the nature, the citrus mood this is perfect to wear any time.

appleblossom22
appleblossom22

Oh dear lord! Get this away from me! Call me unprofessional, but this is terrible on me. It smells like I've spend a day rubbing grass and pond scum on my skin. I probably will just donate this to Goodwill.

Hellokt
Hellokt

I love it a lot, but worry that it's too strong for those around me. It reminds me so much of clinique aromatics elixer... Except more green. I was surprised to find out this isn't in the chypre family. I now realize I have a bottle of the vintage O, which is why my experience is so different from everyone here reviewing the new edition.

missymary
missymary

I find it hard to appreciate green perfumes, although I like YSLs Y as a soapy chypre, so I was mighty surprised when I fell for O de Lancome in the airport dutyfree shop recently. It was a hot stuffy day and I was overwhelmed by the zesty cool bergamot and lime with hints of vetiver. There was biting power, but nothing harsh or bitter. It seemed to make my nose tingle like luminous bubbly champagne.
At home I liked it less. I never got back that amazing refreshing zing, although it certainly hits out with a strong citrus punch, but it fades fast too. To be fair, it's not a winter fragrance and it may come into its own again in summer, I hope so anyway.

AllieT
AllieT

Phew citrus!!!! I have worn this on & off for about 20 years. However have never been complimented on it. I love the staying power of this one, but it is rather overpowering, which is why my tastes have changed these days, am now more of a Green Tea girl ~ much gentler & less 'in your face' ...!

Spicy
Spicy

very "green" scent as for my nose. Good for summer.

Jazzy76
Jazzy76

Un vero e proprio elisir tonificante per le giornate estive....piacevole e fresco a cominciare dal flacone verdino effetto "glacé"

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This starts out bright and very fresh, a burst of citrus in the opening. The spices join in, with a predominant basil, making it garden like, though it does become quite masculine indeed. The oakmoss then comes out in force. A woody vetiver note makes an appearance at the end. If oakmoss isn't a problem for you (it gave me a serious headache), then this would be a great scent for hot weather, pretty longlasting, very natural. This reminds me forcibly of my Italian grandparents herb garden,growing from baking earth, fragrant in a summer sun.

curlykitty8
curlykitty8

I have worn this superb citrus delight off and on for over 40 years and every time I try it again I remember what a unique fragrance it really is. While many citrus blends provide an intoxicating and pungent burst at the start they quickly fade into a cloud of vapor. Not so with O ! It lingers over many hours with a soft melange of wood and flower, elegant yet subtle, fresh and soft.
This fragrance imparts a feeling of contentment and joy and the compliments are neverending.

miki1968
miki1968

i used this perfume many years ago...yesterday i got a 50 ml for a bargain that i could not let go...i'm very happy to have it again...the memories turned back...for me is not only a citrus fragrance it's more complex and a very well done perfume like most of the lancome's fragrances...mature elegant...makes me feel good with myself giving me a secure sensation...

Mandana
Mandana

I used to like this perfume, spray it on before I went to work. Although a bitter slightly artificial citrussy note came thru, O de Lancome smelt clean, fresh (though slightly dated) and "safe" enough to use for my daytime occupation as a physiotherapist. Or so it seemed. This was before I got married. 2 years later in the fall I tried O de Lancome again. My husband came into the bathroom and thought it was a new toilet cleaner I had just tried out :o He sniffed appreciately and said "oh was that the new lemon toilet disinfectant from the store, honey?" He said this without any irony too. I realised the strong clean lemon scent would never smell womanly or glamourous after that! I quit using the perfume as I didnt want to smell like a clean bathroom! I did recently buy the new Lancome scent de l'orangerie which smells beautiful and chic (see my review on that). Maybe they should change some of the basil/rosemary notes in O de Lancome to make it smell more edgy and modern?

daliflora
daliflora

Too harsh and unwelcoming, perhaps likely to be worn only by the fans of Chanel #19 :) Is this really "a perfume"?

Grottola
Grottola

Ô de Lancôme is absolutely one of the most delightful citrus fragrances I've ever smelled. It smells natural and uplifting and lasts longer than most other classic citrus chypres. It's very green and "balmy", with a kind of herbal face-lotion feel (which many older Lancôme fragrances seem to have), but if you want a green citrus fragrance, there's not much out there better than Ô de Lancôme.

My mom actually wore this one for years, and then I started wearing it when I was in high school. Like all citrus fragrances, it is a bit fleeting, however the mileage is still impressive for a fragrance of its type - I get 4 hours out of Ô de Lancôme before it finally dissipates.

I also find Ô de Lancôme to be totally unisex - there's really nothing feminine or overtly masculine about it, so anyone can wear Ô de Lancôme easily.

Try it if you haven't yet!

d04m022011
d04m022011

Ótimo, acho unissex, extremamente fresco.

Vamy69
Vamy69

I tried this today at Macy's and fell in love at first sniff. It is a very sharp fragrance and not for everyone. The only problem I had with it was the lasting power. It starts off promising packing a HUGE punch but after 2 hours it is completely gone on my skin. What a bummer. I am really glad I did not buy this because it would have been a return!

chris marg
chris marg

Found this fragrance when searching at the time for a 4711 substitute. 4711 is pretty hard to find in Canada in a small town but I was desperate to get it for my mother who is German and it is her fav. The clerk said to me that this O de Lancome was a fav of other German women looking for that similar scent. Citrusy I guess and she said that "vetifer" scent. Okay I though I'll buy it. Well Mom died a few months ago and when cleaning out her bathroom guess what I found? Her O de Lancome that I had bought her...untouched. Surrounded by bottles of 4711 that she preferred and had obtained from her trip to Germany. I guess that the clerk was wrong. I have since tried it....and it's a light type of summer scent that actually needs to stay on the skin for a little bit to have the best fragrance. If you just smell it from the bottle you dont get the real effect. It's one that needs to mix with your body oils. anyway all in all...its not bad but I still would prefer the 4711. If you are looking for a nice light summer scent that is very natural than this might be a good one to try. Attractive bottle. Pretty green.

marymargret
marymargret

Very similar to Diorella. Green, with a lot of basil and lemon, but a little bit darker, heavier (maybe the coriander), and fresh in a "soapy" way.

maddame
maddame

I tried it on paper today. It smells like lemon. Then, three hours later - lemon. Nothing special, really, unless you want to smell like lemonade. Sharp lemonade, that is.

anna.023
anna.023

Oh so sharp!! My wrist smelled like something that you polish the floor with.. I recived comments from friends like "are you wearing a mens perfume?" and "Oh God, what is that?!" in a not so good way.. My mamma really loves it, but she is really all about this extreame citrus smells. If you really want something extream and sharp, that lasts all day (even after many atempts to wipe it off) go for this one! I prefere Lancome O'azure, much more plesant. Azur whit a little bit more citrus would be heaven, any tips of something like that?

*I bow to JB78, for the gift of this mini (7.5 ml) vintage coffret he has so kindly sent to me. You are the best, my Old School perfumed friend!*

On sniffing this mini, after receiving it in the mail, I thought: "sharp, somewhat bitter...and (maybe?) a bit sour". Once it hit my skin (and the air) this vintage baby worked it's magic on me (and my Mom...she is drooling for one herself!)!

This opens with an intense citrus trio: mandarin, bergamot and lemon! Here they are: what made this so sour, bitter and sharp! And, I thought maybe it was aldehydes or something...?! Honeysuckle MAY be in here; but if it is, it's only to soften the citric "bite" with it's heavenly, soft aroma. As this begins to dry, it DOES get just a bit "soapy" with the warm greens of an herbaceous blend of corriander, rosemary and basil, mixed with the citricity. Now it is warm and green, like a vintage natural soap, but it also has a distinctive subtly floral air about it (jasmine?!) that adds to it; but this is totally woven into the herbs and very difficult to say: "oh, and that's jasmine!". An excellent scent for warm temperatures, and the herbs keep the citruses (and thin florals) from fading too fast! It is just delightful that this was made the same year I was! I had many 'citrus aromatic' scents before coming to Fragrantica; but since coming here, members have shown me the true beauty of CITRUS by itself. This scent is wonderful! I cannot imagine a reformulation of this (although I love the scent of sun-dried grass...and the song of crickets!) as it would be something (no doubt) more "fresh", "sporty" or "aquatic"! The drydown is awesome, as well, (like the rest of it!) with oak moss and it's wonderfully strange, sharp dry green scent with sandalwood's incensiness and vetiver's green earthiness. The soapy/herbal cobination persists right up to the drydown. The "juice" is the perfect color for this perfume...a light not quite sea-green, that captures all the layers of this gem. Citric, warm leafy greens and grassy, dry woods. O!...Indeed!

Sillage: quite good
Longevity: very good (for a "citrus" scent)
Overall: 4.25/5

If Acqua di Parma Colonia ever married for love and compatibility; then, O! de Lancome would be his soul-mate. Both have a wonderful citrus and lovely clean type scent in common and also some warm greens. HE is more woody and musky (and lavendery) and SHE is cute and innocently floral; but down to earth and no "pushover"...a match made in Heaven!

;)

shoreshells
shoreshells

This is a wonderful, bright, sunshine fragrance! The perfume has many facets but maintains the citrus, lemon, notes throughout the longevity of the perfume (which quite a few hours)! It's not a new scent, and I'm sorry I waited so long to try this one. It is not offecsive to ones self or others, it is clean and not cloying, it's becoming an everyday favorite! Try it if you're interested, you're the best judge of what you like!

Taliera

O this is a horrible scent. I wish I could like it, as I do like green scents, but it just smells so sharp and acrid. There is no warmth or friendliness. It just smells cruel...

lilou
lilou

My grandmother had this perfume, my mother had it too, so she offered me the EDT. It's a great fragrance, classic, very simple, light and fresh, for all women. Ideal for very young women if they want to discover fragrances. For summertime, hot days.

mediterranean
mediterranean

I wore this one on my wedding day in mid August 20 years ago and during my honeymoon in Greece.My husband loved it back then but yes, I agree, Lancome has changed it. What a pity! Still refreshing but never the same.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

Must be me. I've tried it a couple of times now.I'm not getting the light lemony green that everyone else gets.

Yes, it starts off really zingy, like a men's aftershave splash. This lemony green lasts for a few short minutes before it turns into something that could be a twin to Jean-Louis Scherrer (or a triplet to this and Aromatics Elixir). These other two are actually very heavy-hitting fragrances. They share sandalwood, oakmoss, vetiver -- which must take over on my skin. It's winter right now where I am. People say O de Lancome is more of a hot weather scent, so perhaps I should give it another try in a few months?

merilu59
merilu59

il profumo della mia gioventu

box of delights
box of delights

This is so lemony. It reminds me of when I was a kid and I used to buy lemon sherbets. I would bite one and then the powder inside the lemon sherbet would spray inside my mouth tasting of lemon. So refreshing. This perfume makes me think of that. A good perfume for a long journey as it is so refreshing and cool. The lemon trees in the green field, scratch a lemon and sniff it. Lovely.

applemint
applemint

....a dry lemon that lasts, with the green woody scent of citrus leaves and stems......as caribou55313 has put it. Exactly. But to me, somebody should have reviewed it like....starts green with a lolly-pop type lemon scent, not the fresh lemon zest you are looking for, then the green monster disappears and there comes a fairy with a sugar syrup wand, you are holding your breath because things are happening fast here... so the fairy hits you with her sugar syrup wand and suddenly smoke arises....and lo and behold you turn into a fro.....I mean a prince....something is wrong here :)
(cheap and masculine is what I was getting at :)

evelyn.www
evelyn.www

Tested on a card:
only vetiver and arome of an old-fashioned perfume.
I love green notes, but this one is not for me!

spookyjan
spookyjan

this is so annoying..i used this perfume a lot in over 20 years ago.bought it again last summer an its changed.it used to be a lovely lingering smell now it is just lemon air freshner gone wrong

dina
dina

Had the same impression as Pandalia when I tested O de Lancome just a few days ago; apparently it has been reformulated like many other perfumes, I don't feel any citrusy notes like it used to be in the past. It's now more similar to classic like Miss Dior...

delphine67
delphine67

Vey refreshing summer scent. I liked to use it when it whas a hot summers day.lemon green. Nice

Vânia
Vânia

For me, it s a strong scent...and a night scent, but i realy love it!

RRCOOLMAMA2
RRCOOLMAMA2

I had this, back then it was a gorgeous green grass, lemon that smells like it stay all winter outside.

But now, this smells like rotten lemons left in the desert with somekind of damp wheat yuck!

This is not the same O from many years back. And no it's not just one bottle, I've tested many of the same and still yuck. Bring back the original dose of each notes please!

truffles
truffles

I used to have this years ago and adore the bottle.
Unfortunately, there's a tinge of something in O that I don't like.
The lemony-ness is spoiled by the fact that O goes kind of 'spicy' on me after a while.
I don't recall it doing this in the 80s, unlike the bottle I bought about 5 years ago, I wonder was it reformulated?

pandalia
pandalia

Is not what i expected from a citrius fragrance. The smell of it remindes me of something lets say classic (1969). What surprised me is that all the others here have only good words about this one. Maybe the woman at the perfumery gave me to smell something else the O de Lancome??

Persian Belle
Persian Belle

I wear it especially in the spring and summer... or whenever I want a fresh feeling!

This fragrance is absolutely wonderful. Superb in fact.

I had chosen the perfect day to test O de Lancome. A rather humid Summer day in the centre of a busy and steamy city.

I must say that at first the citrus notes came on quite strongly. It was very green and lemony. Although not entirely unpleasant, I was expecting the worst seeming that these fragrances don't seem to agree with my chemistry or my nose very often. I was about to write this scent off the list when I brought my wrist up to my nose for another sniff.

I was met with a delightful, fresh and cheerful blend of honeysuckle, various herbs/spices, jasmine and mild citrus notes. On my skin the heart and drydown was soft, slightly soapy, musky and feminine.

I can't say that I understand the masculine references here. To me O de Lancome is girly and somewhat sweet, in other words something I can't imagine a man wearing.

I had no idea that this was a fragrance from the 70's, it is very modern and could easily pass as something being produced today. The lasting power is average, around 7 hours. I do recommend this.

This fragrance smells almost like a lemon peel, but more softer. Also it reminds me a citrus cologne for men, that is why I don't like it.

defne
defne

A very distint scent that truly is citrusy, the drydown is calming &refreshing,a classic for summer days at the office

krishka
krishka

Really refreshing and green...fills u with energy for the day!

Jo
Jo

i think there are plenty of male users - the perfect scent for an early morning start, very dynamic and optimistic and a bit of melancholy, the honeysuckle does it, i guess.

l'essence
l'essence

one of the loveliest most refreshing fragrances for summer. Green and citrusy but never sharp or acidic. The citrus tones are softened by a very classy combination which works so well on my skin

alianeblue
alianeblue

Lemon + more lemon + Lemon = O de lancome. This is a light and fresh fragrance which is perfect for a hot sunny summer day at Miami Beach, my lovely hometown. This one makes me feel like a bottle of pink lemonade, or maybe like a lemon icee. Want a drink?

AprilSea

My mom had it when I was a kid, back in the 70s. I grew up with this scent, one of the first memories of my life is regarding the embossing of the bottle - there were roses, in my imagination.
In 1995 I wanted to give Ô de Lancome to my mother as a gift - alas!, they have changed the original smell to this green fresh zesty concoction, which rather smells like freshly cut grass heated in the sun. You can even hear the crickets!

My mom is disappointed, too. I've asked her to try it, with the hope that maybe on her skin.. but no, a bit more and i could have touched the grass on her hand. This perfume is so different on her that the one I smelled as a kid. I still miss the original.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Really green and citrus smelling, after few hours of wearing it I could smell a rosemary and basil. Reminded me of my uncles colognes while I was a child and hairspray from Schwarzkopf. Definitely old fashioned touch, classical and lasting on my skin for 8-10 hours. Not my favourite, although i like green and fresh scents. My mother thought I was wearing a male perfume that day...

gutobega
gutobega

Extremelly citrusy fragrance. A lot of lemon and green notes. Great for summer, light and fresh and strong at the same time.
I really like it and think men can use too.

Budaqueen
Budaqueen

This was one of my first perfumes (many years ago) but I could definitely never wear it again. Too light, too airy... I prefer much stronger oriental fragrances now.

badusername
badusername

It took me the better part of the day to pin-point this scent, because I 'knew' it. Somehow, somewhere, I had already sniffed it (and swooned). After making sure that it wasn't one of the scents my deceased aunt or grandmother would have worn, I kept searching. I knew this scent; I knew I'd stumbled upon it before! But where? Tonight, I sprayed my pillow with some of this and it suddenly just hit me.

When I want to relax and go away to a place that nobody but myself has ever visited, I meditate. Imagination. I imagine a place that, to me, is the epitome of relaxation. Everything is peaceful. There is a river that stretches out endlessly, and I'm drifting on it on a quickly crafted sea vessel worthy of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Fin, while the sun shines down. No rapid waters, no waterfalls, just a very, very calm river. But what Ô de Lancome truly, truly invokes, are the scents that I've always imagined to come from the landscape around it. Green. It's green. Pure nature. Grasses, trees and citruses. A dark, bitter but calm green. Nature isn't always clean; it can be dark, bitter but something 'sweet' will always penetrate. That is nature. And the heady scents tend to come out during the summer, and this scent is a perfect example of that.

Ô de Lancome is a very natural scent that invokes that very mental exercise in me, not to mention that it relaxes me (of course). There is no denying that this is very green and something all of us want to find in nature. But in cities filled with smog, dust and dirt, this is rather hard. And if you get a chance to escape to the country side during spring or summer and lie down in your aunt's spacious backyard that looks out to farm fields and your uncle's honeysuckle plants and beehives, you realize that this is 'the life', if only just for a few fleeting moments. That is yet another thing this scent reminds me of. This takes you away to different places, where nothing is very complicated and all you need to do is to relax.

This is, in my opinion, a very intimate perfume, perfect for not only summer, but for all year round. I won this perfume here on fragrantica, so thank you.

shastaesscents
shastaesscents

Light with lots citrusy lemon. Bright and not sweet at all. Green and herbal.

charlie2
charlie2

I adore this scent during the summer months! I find the way all the notes in this scent establish themselves as it settles on my skin after 15 minutes to be a true pleasure...many fauceted. That said, I will add that if this scent is zealously applied it will become an old fashioned mish mosh! Soooooooooo...to get the fresh, feel good notes to come through and make you smile, go lightly! I just rediscoverd this scent. I will admit I have many a fond memory that goes along with it. I first used it at a time we were stationed in Germany. The summer was filled with Rhine River day cruises, visits to Vienna and Munich. I will say after just recently using it again for the first time since then (12 years), I still find this a most wonderful scent. One that will always be a summer favorite for me. A side note. As a migraine sufferer that has had to give away more than one perfume bottle I loved, this scent works well for me...no migraines. Just do NOT overdue this one! It will spoil the wonder of it!

lombredansleau
lombredansleau

Lovely fresh Summery scent, classy but it has something old-fashioned about it that sometimes put me off.

The_Entity
The_Entity

very cool and refreshing, drying into an old fashioned, comforting soapy smell...love it :)

Cyberlady
Cyberlady

This has been a favourite for more than 30 years. I wear it mainly in the summer because of its freshness. I never ever get bored with it.

azuriiita
azuriiita

This one its a nice lemon scent... Not sharp :)
Its fresh, cool, pleasant... just right balanced with the others components.
Pretty good.

Taliera

This green scent is as green as a scent can get. Like someone said, there is nothing sweet or aquatic about it. It is sharp, bitter and astringent. Some people think it's refreshing, but I find it repelling like Aerogard. To be fair, I can accept that it is a classic, but I don't understand where it's coming from... For me it ranks with Elle (from Yves Saint Laurent) as being scents I simply can't stand. It is like a greener, herbier version of Cristelle. So if you are attracted to refined, sharp scents, this one is definitely worth a try!

calevacin
calevacin

It's a perfect fresh fragance for daytime use and it's longlasting enough in my opinion, when I wore it I could still smell it when I got home in the evening.
Sharp - citrus - clean but with a spicy touch on the dry down that makes it so special.
It's extremely fresh and there's nothing sweet or aquatic in it. It's also very far from the "green tea" scents that were so fashionable in recent times.This fragance is genuinely green and this is a category where very few have succeeded. This one did in the 1970s and it's still a classic.

grati
grati

Very nice, elegant and tonic; it's on my top 3 list.

Moszatka
Moszatka

Very strong at first, but after few minutes it becames a perfect citrus fragrance. I like it. Long lasting and maybe has a bit aquatic accord.

Lolly007
Lolly007

Wunderschöner zitroniger, frischer Duft.
In einem heißen Sommer immer wieder aktuell.
More wonderfully lemon fresh smell. For hot summer over and over again topically.

liat
liat

A great one. In this hot climate, it's one of the best.

soirdelune
soirdelune

A summer cologne classic. On a hot summer day this cools like nothing else. Green, fresh, with a powerful citrus blast -- this is a scent that will not date.

solocha
solocha

The lemon is very authentic. At the first sniff I thought of this fragrance - a masculine, unfashionable smell. But I've found out when trying it later, it is very wearable for women and interesting. In the summer it's so refreshing, only equalled to a glass of lemon or grapefruit lemonade.

tackica_ns
tackica_ns

Light and fresh with a lot of lemon inside - perfect for hot days.

caribou55313
caribou55313

Superb on the hottest of days, a dry lemon that lasts, with the green woody scent of citrus leaves and stems.

2007

O DE LANCOME for WOMEN by Lancome EDT SPRAY 4.2 OZ
Lancome O De Lancome Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Lancome O De Lancome Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz
O De Lancome

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lancome O de Lancome fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lancome O de Lancome, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify O de Lancome by Lancome. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of O de Lancome by Lancome represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.