Designers » L » Floral « Groups

dislike

I have it: 1217 I had it: 1188 I want it: 669 My signature: 48

yellow floral
Poeme Lancome for women Videos Poeme Lancome for women Videos
Poeme Lancome for women Pictures Poeme Lancome for women Pictures Poeme Lancome for women Pictures Poeme Lancome for women Pictures

Classic floral oriental fragrance launched in 1995. The structure of Poeme is original, does not follow classic structure of top, middle and base notes. The notes of the composition are appearing alternately, like echo. The composition features intoxicating Himalayan blue poppy, white and yellow flowers (mimosa, rose, freesia...) and vanilla flower. Poeme is a poem in the world of perfumes; the contrasts of bitter and sweet create a special sensual aura. The bottle with this miraculous bitter honey is a synthesis of the contrasts – attractive curves and straight lines.

The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Cavallier.

Black Currant Himalayan Poppy Plum Green Notes Mandarin Orange Narcissus Peach Bergamot Datura

Mimosa Leather Orange Blossom Freesia Jasmine Heliotrope Ylang-Ylang Vanilla Flower Tuberose Rose

Tonka Bean Amber Musk Vanilla Orange Blossom Cedar

Arome Arthes
Essence d’eau
Nazareno Gabrielli

Poeme Fragrance Reviews

tanzp
tanzp

i love this perfume i am on my 2nd bottle with number 3 on its way , i don't want to run out lol! i get so many people asking what i am wearing just love it nice and strong to my new number one fave!! and tresor is a close number 2!

FireDragon76
FireDragon76

I really liked it when I tested it years ago. I'll test it again soon. I just hope the leather note doesn't develope too strongly on me. I've no idea why leather scent doesn't cooperate with my skin chemistry, I have nothing agains it by itself. I guess it's a bit like green notes, chypre, and incense, to name a few; they're tricky or just won't work with my chemistry but I have nothing againt those notes and often appreciate them on others. Heck, I've even been known to appreciate "metal" on other people.

Dafja
Dafja

I wil not make a list of my revieuw because this perfume is just a smell that make your clothing smell like if you washed them with the most expensive clothing cleaner ever. This smells flower and powder but its more on the flower side. I like it but i am not crazy about this smell.

crisjoy
crisjoy

Magnificent! Old school awesomeness!
It was love at first sniff, I sprayed it on at sephora and then I could not stop thinking about it. It was like one of those obsessive crushes, I was dreaming about it, it made me happy and smiley, so I had to have it.
I was looking for something to lift up my senses, something deep and beautiful, that really turned heads and my head. Something with mimosa, which I discovered I love and need in a perfume,maybe like Kenzo- Summer which sadly is discontinued. I would have never thought of Poeme, coz I thought it'd be oldschool (though I love Lancome as a house of perfumes, I think it produces one of a kind classics in a row, with Miracle even being one of my signatures. I think La vie est belle is a blop, one of them commercial nowadays perfumes that doesnt have character, but even that one is a quality perfume, cant be denied).
Anyways, seeing here that Poeme has mimosa in it, I thought I'd give it a try at Sephora last week. First sniff, I thought yeah, pretty strong and oldschool. But then... walking around the mall, I smelled something spicy, sweet, alluring, I loved it so much I thought about asking people around what they were wearing, but,then, I smelled my wrist and it was me!!! It made my day, can you fall in love with a perfume? I think you can if you feel prettier and more special when you are wearing it! Head in the clouds, this perfume makes me feel!
I ordered a 100 ml bottle and I cant wait to wear it!

katushka37
katushka37

I tested Poeme on myself for the first time yesterday. It is definitely a "big hair, big shoulders" fragrance even though it was created in the 90's.

At first it is loud and overpowering, one spray was enough to get me and sales assisstant sneezing. It was big on plum, tuberouse and other heavy-hitters. Fast forward three hours and it settled into the most beautiful narcissus and vanilla combo. Finally a drydown worth waiting for! You don't get many modern perfumes these days with stunning base notes.

I won't commit to a full bottle but I've already oredered a miniature and this will be another "dab only" scent in my collection.

Rielle
Rielle

If you like this, try Beckham Intimately Yours! Very similar for a lot less money.

asiabal
asiabal

i tried yesterday for the first time and i like it! it is floral and mimosa is really noticeable. it is also very long lasting- want it!

lindafoley58
lindafoley58

I'm a floral girl but I decided to try this for the first time. At first I sniffed it and was taken back from the smell of overwhelming spice. I trudged on and I'm glad I did. At first it was a little spicy but then it mellowed out nicely to a happy medium Between floral and spicy with a hint of powder. So if you are a floral girl I would give this a try.

Lizka7
Lizka7

Poem!
I can sing all day long, if I had a good voice :-)
Poem is probably one of the three my most absolute favorite perfumes.
The man who loved me gave it to me as a gift after my son was born.
Poppy and Mimosa are the flowers that make me want smell it over and over again.
This perfume is a male attractant.
It is one of the three perfumes on me that often get looks from guys.
Not the perfumista types :-)
Poem make me happy.

Bluemarinejosephine
Bluemarinejosephine

When it comes to fragrances, there is an unsurpassable elegance in Lancome; and Poeme is a gem, almost as beautiful and elegant as the magnificent Tresor (almost).

I love the fragrance itself which (just like Tresor) has a very ‘European” feel, the house and I always admired Juliette Binoche for her graceful elegance.

Likewise, Poeme is a very deep fragrance (like most of the Lancome fragrances are, with the exception on one or two like "La Vie est Belle" which fell in the trendy, sickly sweet trap of the uncomplicated gourmand pefumes.)

Poeme is so well balanced, the notes blend so beautifully together to create a scent where each note is almost undetectable. It is difficult to put my finger on what I am smelling (yet, I know that I like it very much.)

Just like Tresor, the initial sniff may be deceiving as Poeme needs time to open up to its full potential. The end result is a voluptuous, rich and dense aroma blend of honey and vanilla, cedar and a twist or subtle orange blossom. But I also feel plum and leather and musk and rose and black currant, all coming and going, intermixing so well to give a beautiful, warm and sophisticated result.

The longevity is exceptional. It lasts more than 12 hours on me, even after a hot bath, and more on my clothes and scarfs. Projection is also very good.

This is truly a very good quality fragrance.

I suggest you throw away all the celebrity perfumes, the uncomplicated sugary gourmands, the plastic and synthetic fragrances which are a trend of the moment and, next time you pass from the Lancome counter, give this one a try and feel how a truly beautiful scent smells like.

Enjoy the perfume quest.

nitschevo
nitschevo

Wandering through the shelves I came upon Poeme and Tresor and thought that I haven't smelled them in a while. Upon spraying this gem onto my wrist I thought "aahh - memories!" This scent is so unique and lovely. It's full on floral also, so I can understand why some steer clear of this one. It's like sticking your head into a flowerbush! But I love that. Below are way better reviews so I won't go into detail but let me tell you: this one is as lovely today as it was in 1995! I want a bottle :)

Julie Billi
Julie Billi

Too sweet & cloying for me....

jamaral
jamaral

Para mim cheira a mãe! É o perfume da minha mãe desde que me lembro. Nunca pensei em usar porque não me identifico nem um pouco com o cheiro. É sofisticado, marcante e único. Não aconselho a compra às cegas!

marekkalinowski
marekkalinowski

Poeme is one of the best fragrances ever made. Well, this is just a perfection in the perfume industry. It is a Holy Grail of perfumery. So unique and distinct - it's unmistakable and uncomparable, so full-bodied and self-sufficient, that no other single note could possibly make it better. So feminine,and sexy, and this is hardly for someone who yet has not enjoyed the emotional rollercoaster of romance and last, passion and love. It's deep and rich and very sexy - but experienced and classy kind of sexy - not cheap and flashy kind of sexy. This fragrance says - I am in love, I am complete and I have arrived.Its for someone who knows her own mind and knows how to go about getting what she wants. Plus the bottle is amazing and simple too, "Oscar "winner.

mymlan
mymlan

I gave my mini of Lancome Poeme another try. I didn't like it so much last time i tried it because of the bitter yellow springflowers but today I could see it's beauty. The mimosa is lovely and it's very golden and honeyed. The drydown is slightly animalic from the leather. Usually I can't wear leather but in this fragrance it just adds an animalic note to it and I'm surprised to say that I think it smells great.

In all Poeme is a very versatile fragrance, it works day and night most seasons. A typical signature fragrance for someone who loves florals. Anyway, I like it but I will not add it as there are fragrances I like lot more.

PLUMPIE

I have cracked and repurchased my 4th bottle of this in the last 5 years I have a love hate relationship with Poeme I absolutely adore it then all of a sudden hate the smell but we are destined to be together this is the most fabulous yellow floral syrupy honey concoction around and compared to most modern perfumery this is a true masterpiece!

Lilah Veil
Lilah Veil

I own Poeme and Avon Rare Gold and though both have white florals I detect nothing "white" in either of them. They are both golden as can be in the opulent way and if gold had a smell it would be these two.

Not to degrade Lancome but Avon Rare Gold is a very close runner here for the price. Both are two of of the lesser scents I opt for but last night craved for a pop of Rare Gold a few hours before bed. It kept striking me how it smelled so/too similar to something I already owned. Then it hit me. Poeme. I put Poeme on my other wrist and waited a bit for it to unfold. There is not enough difference in the two to distinguish. Regardless ingredients list or category listed above, one can save themselves a lot of money purchasing Avon Rare Gold. It has a lot of yellow, honey, mixed floral in it which is also masterfully blended and equally luxurious. Gardenia is detectable in Rare Gold but not noticeable enough for the price difference. They are near twins. After all these years I am happy to make this discovery. Surprise!

I have no vested interest in Avon, but a few of their fragrances compete well with or surpass some very pricey high-end fragrances. Poeme smells like Rare Gold. I see both were created in 1995 so it is no coincidence one is a spin-off of the other and a great match! (and looking back at ingredients lists, both are quite similar. Base is almost identical, mid notes not too far off, top a bit more complicated with Poeme, but too close to tell. Drydown = Poeme remains more linear golden, Rare Gold dries down to golden amber with the gardenia twist.

Englishrose4
Englishrose4

To me this is a warm deep floral that has a hint of incense about it.

Mimosa is the lead role supported by warmed honey, with some lovely sweet woody tones underneath. Lasts all day and projects well.

Pure classic to me very womanly and intense, I reckon you could take on the world and win in this!

A sexy cosy smell for a intimate autumnal evening!

almondcookie
almondcookie

I have had this perfume for over a year. I decided to give it a try this morning, I could not help but notice the similarities with Vanderbilt by Gloria Vanderbilt. White floral with a creamy vanilla base. A very Classy alternative, less than £10 for 100ml.

nadicamihajlovic
nadicamihajlovic

If there has to be only one perfume in the world, let this one to be the one!

IsabelVerh
IsabelVerh

To me, this is highly addictive. I always expect not to like it as there's something harsh in the opening, I'm not sure if it's a note or something caused by the age of my sample. After a while though, it melts into the skin beautifully.

The way the scent develops reminds me of melted butter... Heavy, creamy, dense yellow flowers. Poeme becomes a thing of beauty in hot weather. Intoxicatingly wonderful.

Shwets
Shwets

Reminds me of all the sweetness and fruitiness removed from YSL Cinema.

Prior to reformulation, Poeme was so much deeper.

Funnily enough i recieved two compliments after 30 minutes of spraying at Boots.

parfum de l'amour
parfum de l'amour

It's understandable why this is deemed "a classic". With a personality of its own, easily distinguished in the crowd and difficult to replicate, it does not stand much competition. All this thanks to a blend as original as it is complicated.
Dripping with intoxicating sweetness, it has a dreamy quality to it that makes the name "Poeme" such a proper choice for it.
The notes that linger throughout the hours are mimose, well blended with rose and white flowers. Poeme has an overall honey-like note that makes the blend so sunny and uplifting!
A definite 90s throwback, for those who grew up in those years it must bring back memories. It encapsulates the spirit of early 90s glamour. Think gold earrings, long blazers with slightly padded shoulders, big, wavy hair, Cindy Crawford on the catwalk, modelling for Yves Saint Laurent.
Very womanly and exuding relaxed, sensual confidence, Poeme is better suited for a young woman in her late 20s or 30s.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Fresh and elegant florals - with the perfect amount of green versus sweet notes....

Followed by a creamy floral / vanilla elixer....

Crowned with a drydown of the most dreamy vanillic, powdery goodness!

Rating = Divine ;)

elaheahsan
elaheahsan

My mother bought it and now both of us are regretful.Too heavy with a strong yellow floral smell.Sillage and longevity are awesome.appropriate for middle aged women.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

alright, i tried this yesterday at an outlet mall because i'd been sort of intrigued by it after re-trying tresor as an adult and just reading about it in general. (i had loved tresor in high school, when it first came out, but it feels more appropriate for me now.)

it's a sweetish yellow floral, mostly mimosa probably, and there is something almost tropical here, but maybe not quite. this isn't sweet in today's sense of the word, and it does smell 80s to me, kind of bold but very pretty and golden.

i want a mini bottle, definitely. although this is different than what i usually go for, somehow it really suits me right now. i think it's glorious for spring/summer and i love the bottle and i love juliette bincoche, and i must get a mini bottle and wear this again soon during the summer (even though i won't wear it a whole lot, it will be perfect when i do.)

raunchy
raunchy

i want to try! The positive thing with all lancome fragrances are always long lasting on me , good sillage and all seems familiar and easy to like on me.
Lancome = great longevity + sillage
Worthed money

ginawadsworth
ginawadsworth

Once again my husband has astounded me. He went to Auckland months ago, but asked me how to use this site. He not only remembered the name of a perfume, but also who made it.

He said this smelt wonderful, but was not sure if I would like it.

So off I went to sample. It is scentsational.

I tried some on paper and skin, and asked if he liked it on me. I am slowly educating him in the art of perfume sampling.

Upshot is he did, as did I. It has the a deep, resinous quality which I really enjoyed. It perfumed my clothes, another favourite of mine, and was long lasting.

Certainly it is a quality scent and my imagination wanders to a French court with the Kings courtesan wearing this. Everyone knows her by the scent she leaves in his bed chamber. No-one dares to cross her, not even the Queen.

It is just so opulent, rich and spicy, sensual and unusual. Certainly a scent to be sampled before buying, but if it suits you, a wonderful addition to the dressing table.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

This reminds me of Wings, only where Wings is hyacinth-vanilla, this is more freesia/mimose-vanilla. It is very sweet, so I'm glad I applied it with a very tentative hand--only a tiny dab on each wrist from the decant is enough to leave me in a golden floral haze. Any heavier application might have given me a headache.

It's Mothers Day, and I feel like this is a nice perfume for the occasion. Soft but powerful, sweet and floral; golden and elegant, it's feels timeless to me although I think it is certainly a perfume from the late 90's and might have a certain feel. Sillage is rather bold--don't over apply --and longevity as yet unproven.

Edit: longevity about 4 hours. And it occurs to me that this is a slightly more formal version of Chloe Narcisse, with the common narcissus note. Similar in their sunniness with Poeme being rounder and a little fuller and bolder.

This is a little too heavy for me. Very yellow floral and literally huge fragrance. I can sense narcissus, freesia, mimose, vanilla, amber an so on.
It's so strong, I honestly think it could last all week and more.
A classic oriental indeed. Kind of old-fashioned.
It has some nice sweetness in it, but otherwise it is just pinching my nose.

Akarui_hana
Akarui_hana

This for me is a new found love. I was in a perfume shop testing all sorts of fragrances up to the point that none seemed to be remarkable any longer and then... I found Poeme. It smelled so gorgeous and different that I instantly fell for it and I am so glad I did! It is breathtakingly beautiful! The flowers, the amber, the plum in it are blended in the most sophisticated and alluring way. I don't think I will ever grow tired of this one! It is the scent of a seductress! I sense it and it makes my knees weaken in delight! The lasting power is amazing and the sillage is enormous!

Jessica Arteman
Jessica Arteman

For me, this is the best fragancy, it´s so striking and the smell does not compare to anything. I always get compliments when using it;

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

What a beauty Poeme is. A very lovely composition of yellow flowers with some vanilla and peach. I do not think that it is too heavy at all. This is one that I would class as a modern classic. Longevity and silage are very good. Lasts for 8 hours on me. I would never say that this could only be worn by girls under 20 or a woman over 40, for me this is a perfume that can be worn by everyone who loves beautiful perfumes regardless of age or gender. I am very happy to have this perfume in my collection at last. Just right for spring and summer.

rokokoshka
rokokoshka

pleasant, rich and a little bit heavy (complicated) scent for me. It would better match to ladies of middle age and older. I have re-gifted it to my mom.
p.s. Super long lasting!

eaudemoi
eaudemoi

This was so pretty at first spray! Sigh. I'm usually not a fan of warm and sweet but this was like a hug...I don't even know if this makes sense, but an "elegant hug."

Too bad after an hour or so it turned into cough syrup on my skin. Darn it!

FloridaMom
FloridaMom

Very pretty, I get a very warm floral from it with some spice and vanilla. Nice for a first "real perfume" if you aren't into citrus so much, can suit any age. Pretty and feminine, soft but makes a statement.

Hellita
Hellita

No, no, NO. Not for me. Hard to describe why I don't like the smell, but the only thing that popped into my mind when smelling it was dandelions.

crescentsho
crescentsho

sweet and lovely.not unique but very nice. the longevity is very good! don't over spray.

Toom_Snoopy
Toom_Snoopy

One of the most beautiful floral perfume. Sweet soft gentle feminine and romantic scent and gives the carefree feeling as well. Although it's from the 90s, It's not old-fashioned but a little mature. The great things are the great longevity and sillage. I spray at my arm and then I hug my cat, she smells really beautiful. :)

LisaMari
LisaMari

Opens as a fruity floral but then dries down to intensively acrid green notes - like grass that has been doused with pesticides...

Dufteren
Dufteren

Oh you sweet perfume, how is it possible not to love you. I sprayed some on my wrist today, and I could not belive how beautiful this is. I can still smell it ,7 hours later, this is so utterly feminine to me. It makes me feel pretty,I could stop wearing make up and just wear Poeme and feel just as pretty ( I think). I did not know a perfume could do that. Dont understand how I have missed this on my radar,I am moving this upfront on my want list(almost bought it today, but darn, still so broke after Christmas).

incrediblemelk
incrediblemelk

This smells so '90s to me! Perhaps it was included as a free sample in the magazines I used to read as a teenager.

At first it reminds me of jonquils, freesias: those powerfully scented flowers that emerge from bulbs in the spring. It's a happy scent, but not one I think I could wear as yellow florals aren't really my thing.

One of my friends wears this as her signature scent and says she loves smelling it on other people, as if they're part of a community who all love Poême.

Hanya usman
Hanya usman

I use to love this frag on my sister when I was kid bt I tried it before couple of days n it smelled like an old lady perfume on me , although I was so eager to buy it

laz.croft
laz.croft

LOVE love love this perfume, long lasting and a compliment getter.

Edee
Edee

I think this fragrance can only be truly savoured and appreciated in the cooler/colder months because that is when the fragrance truly takes you away to those warmer months when the air is abundant with the smell of so many beautiful flowers while being romanced by the man in your life or a new love. It is literally the scent of falling in love or being in love for the first time.

chittylafemme
chittylafemme

Meh. Smells like White Diamonds, but not as interesting.

samsara82
samsara82

Dear Readers,

I remember this perfume with endearment and this is my review for Poeme by Lancôme.

This fragrance composition is exquisite formula where all the notes unite in harmony creating a beautiful spirit that enraptures you with romantic warmth and intimateness .

Yes, I find this fragrance of Lancôme very loving that has a comforting warmth to it like a loving embrace, word and deed by love one or when you're swimming in the glow of self love that brings that bliss coming from high above embracing you and making you feel the magic of its light that is so intimate that no mere mortal words cannot explain it fully by only to experience it yourself.

I have gotten many complements by even the coldest of people in my life who don't ever complement or even demonstrate affection but this perfume's warmth and beauty caressed their cold heart to that they were able loosen their stern nature to give a sincere complement to me and even ask by its name and complement again, it was quite moving what the power of perfume can do and be its witness .

I recommend this treasure of Lancôme to someone who isn't afraid to show their love and warmth be it extroverted or introverted style of expression but still gives its warm light of love for this perfume isn't for the fickle type or the bitter who are blind by the magic of life's treasures and blessings.

SayakaP
SayakaP

LOVE IS LOVE!
A big Mimose & Orange Blossom fragrance.

Worn sparingly, this is NOT a roaring monster like some say.
This is such a feminine, lovely scent. Warm, sweet, VERY floral & a bit bitter.

I don't think this appeals to young girls though.
If you've got a bad impression towards this as a girl, and now you're mature, give Poeme one more chance. It might surprise you in a good way. It happened to me.

I'm worried Lancôme might discontinue this one...
Srtangely, SA at Lancôme counter tried to sell the new Tresor when I asked for this one. Why? I like Poeme!

galaxy86
galaxy86

I really like this perfume. I rarely say that about floral fragrances. They make me like them but they dont last. They are gone by the time I make up my mind about like or dislike. But this one has managed stay in my everchanging perfume wardrobe. Pretty close to being all time favorite

WendyMH
WendyMH

I find this to be the most changeable perfume I've ever encountered. The first time I ever wore it I felt like swooning - gorgeous sweet, but deep golden nectar. Like liquid light swirling all over my skin. The next time it had a bit of a clang, as though a little nail polish remover had been dripped in. The 3rd time, after a very sour start, it was all sweetness and light again. The 4th time MORE than a drip of nail polish. And today I'm neither in love nor repelled...today it is a honeyed perfume, a little oily, with a too tart note that hits the back of my throat.

Not sure what to think. Poeme is a shape shifter. Not sure what she changes to match though. She has a mind of her own.

vv1978
vv1978

Longtime Lancome cosmetic user here, so always tried whatever fragrance they came out with. I purchased this twice in the 90's a plain but nothing shocking or interesting fragrance, for me the dry down was like a very faint incense scent. Sort of indifferent to this one.

Yohji
Yohji

Foona2
You absolutely right. Poeme is like that. U read and and re-read it until you do not memorise it completely.
I love it in winter and fall. Bought in Berlin about 10 years ago for first time(I'm yellow-orange liquids addict) and thought its..RICH. soooo many things in it, and your skin absorbs it like expensive oil

It the only one perfume on my "practice" that has kind of deep intense intimate structure. U can always recognise Poeme but you admit that its different Poeme on each woman. We all sing our own songs of love.
If it will ever discontinue....i don't know....The end of the world.
Hope not.

Fonna2
Fonna2

I must write a second review...

I had bought this perfume in the Springtime, and only liked it.
Well, after spraying it on while I was outside on the patio enjoying the cooler weather, I was absolutely stunned at what a great fragrance this is.
No more strong mimosa mimosa mimosa, and it's not as sweet as when I first sprayed it back then, .....in 80 degree weather.....in the car!!

The weather(and space) has to do a lot with what the fragrance smells like. I learn as I go...

I went from just liking to loving it, however, I will only love it in the Fall and Winter, and will most likely say farewell in the Spring and Summer.

andreea.damian.98
andreea.damian.98

I came back to this fragrance over and over again. Unique, unmistakable, unforgettable, intense ... I think I need an overdose of it; I have not worn Poeme for more than a year and I miss it.

bunny deluxe
bunny deluxe

The timeless beauty’s own.

There’s no words, just feelings, but I try to describe what this amazing creation means to me.
Our first meeting when I was about 15 years old, I went to Christmas market, and I saw perfume samples at a marketeer. It was really love at first sniff, something different, like any fragrance what a teenager uses.

I think my perfume addiction started at that moment, I bought it, and I really craved for a big bottle. After 2 years I got it as a gift by my Mum from Paris, and I was really happy, I used it for occasions: family get-together, party, date.
Never got so many compliments before, as when I blowed this beautiful scent, the lasting is exceptional! The white and yellow flowers interweave with each other, it gives a wonderful composition, like a beautifully written poem.

You transform to a chic, charming, elegant french lady by using this flowery essence, wherever you live all around the world.
I can say that I became a girl into a woman with it, and I hope it will be accompanied by my whole life through.

IRINA micut
IRINA micut

Ive tried many ..my love is POEME ..ITS PRICELESS .
FOM MY POINT OF VIEW IS THE BEST .

SEE THE REACTION OF ANIMALS (DOGS,CATS..) if they feel the smell on you :))

kati77
kati77

Its mine singnature for nights/to bed perfume. Sex. Since 2002,since that time i got my frist bottle as a gift. I buy or sometimes still i receive as a gift.
I feel as an attractive woman when wearing them. And i am attractive. For me its like for MM chanel nr 5, just naked skin and this scent.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

while this is certainly a complex fragrance i dont know if it is for me. for me i get a sweet vanilla with some spice, a warm undertone with some orange notes every now and then. definately a winter fragrance. while nice i think it might be too heavy for me. i kinda imagine a really mature 40+ classy lady wearing this. maybe a little to formal for me. its nice but just not for me.

my husband thinks its okay but smells like an old lady. ive been thinking about his old lady comments and i think its because of how strong some of these older perfumes are.

maurissa Cato
maurissa Cato

I love this.....totally....it's on my head turning, wow, mood scents list. I'll always wear it.

frag-overdose
frag-overdose

Like a piece of poetry
you understand even more so
everytime you get back to the
lines, it heightens your
appreciation, both
literally and figuratively.

I agree with many, saying the
smell becomes even more beautiful
after a longer while...
It lingers, like memories...
Certainly, this is beautiful.

dipisor
dipisor

It is a very mature and elegant scent. I love it.

ifeyinwa
ifeyinwa

I am so in love with this perfume, if anyone wants to trade or exchange, pls inbox me.

derkargy

I found my old friend a week ago,while I was travelling abroad.I detect a bit narcissus amongst all the other ingredients.It's really a dream,a wave that makes you happy during the dull days of autumn and winter.

naen
naen

Smells like a dream, like a happyness cloud, somehow powdery but just perfect. These 5 hours was my most zen, beautiful, calm, romantic and serene of this week. Thank you, Poême, you deserve this name!

Museumgal
Museumgal

There's nothing else like Poeme. It's impossible to pin down. White floral? Yellow floral? Vanilla? It's all these things and more, a chameleon of a scent that's extremely well blended. Amazingly nothing overwhelms any thing else. Deliciously sweet, like nectar, but not in a gourmand way. It's great for any time of year, warm enough with the vanilla for winter -- and heavy enough -- the florals for a summer evening. Heady, intoxicating, unique.

Odenir De Faria
Odenir De Faria

Ahoy, ladies!

Poême is one of the most feminine, lovely and loveable fragrances for women I have ever tried. My mother wears it and has this huge crush on it. Everywhere she passes there is this spring-like trail left.

The fragrance is not entirely sweet, it is pure floral. It is to die for!

My advice: just as mum does, wear it sparingly (in order not to suffocate yourself or others) and smell like a diva or an ethereal being. You choose.

Enjoy!

stormyla
stormyla

I made the mistake of trying this fragrance for the first time by using 2 drops of the vintage parfum. It took 3 days to wear off. The voters here were right about it being long lasting, but I think that Poeme deserves it's own category there.

All that I got, and I REALLY got it, was a suffocating world of Mimose. This is the fragrance that taught me how much I dislike heavily Mimosed scents. It explained a lot of previous dislikes for me.

It sounds like a lot of folks can really enjoy it, so buy all of the vintage juice up while you still can! BTW there is a good amount of the vintage parfum on Ebay at pretty reasonable prices. The vintage parfum is not yellow or golden. The liquid is a deep rich amber color.

acidrain
acidrain

جميل...رائع...فاتن...قاتل...ساحر...حسي...مثير...مبهر...أنيق...مهيج للعواطف...باعث للذكريات...مغازل...متكلف...هادئ...كل الكلمات لا تكفي لوصف جمال هذا العطر 3> 3>
اتمنى إعادة إطلاقه من جديد, اعشقه بجنون
Beautiful, amazing, fantastic, charming, heartbreaker, magical, sensual, seductive, fancy, elegant, emotional, memories alarm, sexy, flirty, sophisticated, calm, no word could describe this perfume exactly
I hope to re-lunch it with full line products lotion, Creme , Gel, and deodorant ، I ado0o0o0o0o0ore it,,

VanillaTabbyCat1963
VanillaTabbyCat1963

It''s strange.Time has given me the opportunity to appreciate Poeme as if it is my first time trying what will become my beloved signature scent-20 years along in our relationship.

I have loved this enigmatic beauty since it's release when I applied a scent strip tester in vouge magazine, and fell in love.

What could be more beautiful than this thoughtfully executed study of the interplay of opposites?

Much like the element of intrigue, peculiar to dance of the royal court during the Rennaissance, Poeme beholds the workings of intricate courtship between strength and tenderness.

I love Poeme like a twin sister.
There are a few fragrances that I currently have a backup bottle of: Cabochard,LouLou and Poeme.

My budget doesn't allow me to be so spendy anymore, yet I feel I have to act soon and purchase several bottles of Poeme( besides the backup bottle I have now) as I hear rumors it might be discontinued, and I don't think I could live the rest of my life without this perfume.

sandra9
sandra9

Lovely, just lovely!

esing
esing

the reviewers who says 'It is a scent of contrasts, strong, yet soft, and beautifully gentle. ',,'Beautiful, elegant, a little dramatic, robust, feminine, compelling',,'warm and romantic'....i completetly agree..these are the words describes poeme... actually its name describes this scent the best...you'll find yourself in a poetic deephness..
Thanks to J.Cavailler..

rochie
rochie

'AT LAST !!! My love has come along '. Sing it, Etta James!!!
I have been trying sooo many perfumes lately ( as you do), and they have been nothing to write home about. But this......WOW. Not for lack of trying, I can't write about this either! My vocab could never do it justice.
Who wouldn't want to smell like mimosa? Those beautiful, fairy, fluffy yellow pom poms, and narcissus too and every note in this perfume.

I actually go on the journey with this perfume. Every 20 mins or so it changes. I go through the top, middle and base notes, and sometimes, while smelling the base notes, I revisit some middle notes again. Amazing. I haven't come across many fragrances on me that do that.
It lasts, sillage , good also. This is warm and sexy in a soft, affectionate, sweet way.
Thank you Mr. Cavallier. I LOVE IT !!!

evesoho
evesoho

I was 14 or 15, reading Vogue, the last magazine I was into before losing interest in fashion mags at 16. My only perfumes at the time were L'Air du Temps edp (my first perfume which I wore on special occasions or to bed), Colors by Benetton (I wore to school), and a small bit of Shalimar I just sniffed from the bottle. One month, the ad inside for Poeme stopped my heart. I loved it immediately even from the sample underneath the glue-y paper strip; it seemed very *me* to me. Only, it also reminded me of the Amarige my mother wore for special occasions, and so I thought I wasn't old enough to wear it. Instead I promised myself that I would someday own the perfume as an adult.

When I turned 21 and had a big party, buying the perfume crossed my mind, but I wasn't about to spend my little bit of money on it, or any other $100 perfume, so I just wore my old Shalimar that night.

A decade passed, and I could no longer refrain from indulging in my love for perfume - I went on a sampling binge. Poeme was put on the list to retest... but fairly far down, because I wanted to test more exotic (to me), classical french, and niche perfumes. Poeme, after all, is easy to get, and I was sure that I'd now find plenty of perfumes that would make me forget about this one that has been sitting within arms reach (and now within my wallet's reach) on the shelves of my local department store for nearly 20 years. Except that I haven't forgotten it. And after testing over 100 perfumes since January, including elite Guerlains, Tauer, Penhaligon's, etc., I'm ready to admit that although Poeme isn't the most beautiful, or my absolute favourite, I haven't found any perfume that could fully take its place in the "big-sweet-complex-modern-yellow-floral" category.

Today, I went to The Bay, and sprayed it once on my chest for the first time in over a decade. Immediately I thought I noticed it lacked the darker, spicier edge it once had. Another Fragrantican below, more savvy than I, has picked out the missing notes as "carnation and clove". Well, yes, that's it, I believe. Regardless, Poeme still feels like "me" if a little sweeter now than I'd like. ;) Poeme captures a joyfulness that I believe is familiar to many, hopefully all. I'm convinced now, that Poeme is a perfume I don't want to live without.

Update 5 days later - I just made the decision and ordered a miniature bottle of Poeme pure parfum - I can't wait for it to be mine finally!

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

Poeme is a classic.

Beautiful, elegant, a little dramatic, robust, feminine, compelling. These words surmise this perfume for me.

It’s always evoked romance, and is unforgettable – not cloying, but one that is noticeable and leaves an impression in the room. It invites flirtation and a little bit of enchantment into the everyday.

Need only spray a little, behind the ears, the cleavage, the wrists, and smile.

There’s nothing else like it on the market. JPG Classique has some similar notes, somehow, but where as Poeme is a sophisticated older sister, Classique is the provocative younger sister.

Sillage is good, without being overpowering (dependant upon how much you spray) and the longevity is fantastic - if you spray in the morning you will still find it on your skin by the end of the business day, so if you are heading out that night, another spritz will help you along.

It's so pretty and haunting. It makes me think of the 1930s, of red velvet, twilight blue, mysteries, sexuality, darkly painted nails, moonlight on parisian streets, violent kisses, wrought iron balconies from where pinstriped men lean watching Bourbon Street below, the scent of Poeme rising in the steamy air...

pippab
pippab

While not anything very different from the mainstream, Poeme is a pleasant sweet floral fragrance. Heavy and womanly. It reminds me of Organza. Sillage and lasting power are good. Stylish bottle too.

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

I bought a bottle of this many years ago when I was new to perfume. I liked it very much then but a few years ago I got rid of the mostly still full bottle because I was embarrassed to wear it. Somehow to me it smelled cheap and skimpy. It was like the structure of a great perfume was there but something was lacking in the execution. When I look at all the notes I can't figure it out. Many of the notes I like are there and I can smell them in Poeme, jasmine, tuberose, vanilla, tonka, leather and cedar. It's all there but somehow Poeme is less than the sum of his parts. When I read all the love this perfume gets I feel left out. What is everyone else smelling that I'm not?

Rizaldo
Rizaldo

Remember Nazareno Gabrielli ...

gaz525
gaz525

Well where do i start. I first came across this perfume in 1995 when i used to stay at my aunties house. I was only 7 at the time. All my memories are held within this bottle. It is true that they just dont make perfumes like this anymore. This perfume would trail through every room of her house, and being a lover of strong perfumes i loved it. Not being a particular perfume wearer my auntie never bought another bottle and so fromm 1995 i never smelt it again. flash forward to 2013 and im 24 i remembered it strangely and decided to buy some for the sheer remeniscence. In love again, this smells like an explosion of white flowers (something i dont usually like) but this explosion is held back by a balmy, honey like milky note that keeps it from being too floral but makes it very sophisticated. I dont find this floral at all nust mind tinglingly good and different to anything else. If you like perfumes with major projection and that leave a lasting trail wherever you go then this is the one. There is no mistaking Poeme.

granadila
granadila

This is an amaziiing perfume, I am kicking myself for not discovering this perfume early, I have wasted a lot of money buying rubbish perfumes which have no story to tell. These days all the perfumes that are being produced smells the same to me, nothing special. Even if they have different names they all have this element in them that I have smelled somewhere before.

Poeme is different its long long lasting I get 24 hrs out of it on my skin.on my clothes forever. Even after a wash my clothes can still transfer the scent on to other things. You have to go light on this one as a tiny little bit goes a long way. Oh I am so in love with this perfume.

Its so bad that I only discovered it a few days ago. I had never cared to try any lancome fragrances before. I would say when i did I discovered they have some pretty good juice. I am glad I did.

This perfume is not for the faint hearted though, you cant wear this with jeans and a T-shirt, it feels out of place.Its perfect with tailored suits and stilettos, this frag speaks volumes.

iovita
iovita

Astonishing!

scentsforme
scentsforme

Very nice for anything…amazing smell 10/10…:P

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Poême opens with sweet white and yellow flowers accompanied by a sort of dirty earthiness. With the time, the dirty scent dissipates and what's left is a perfectly blended sweet flowers. I can sense some tuberose, some peach; otherwise I can't really pick these many notes within. The sillage is moderate on me and it lasts quite a long time.

If it's a poem, it certainly is not a melancholic one. It's sweet, bright, and speaks of the cheerfulness and joy of life. It's shining, just like the gorgeous golden bottle.

Save M
Save M

I completely agree with timida. I need to discover new fragrances from the past not only because they're worthy, but also because the market's flat nowadays.
It's like writing a song with just three notes!!!

I so love this fine and lucky fragrance!!! One of the best ever made!!!! A happy song of yellow flowers, deep and whole.
One of my favourites definitely!

timida88
timida88

Who created Poeme needs a prize! :) There's so much royal beauty in it's essence, difficult to retell. It is perfect perfume for a night when you want to feel like a queen. Poeme changes a world around you. I miss that creativity in nowdays perfume business.

MarisaM
MarisaM

I love Poême! Always have a bottel in my drawer. I've been using it since I was 18. Turning 35 in a few months. This is definitely my fragrance.

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

Poeme, to me, smells like the quintessential perfume of a Parisian Woman. A blend of opposites that clash together and turn even the most ordinary day into a spectacular one!

I find that this perfume takes on a different personality on each individual woman, making her glow in her own unique way. A masterpiece! =)

monamonib
monamonib

last review said the designer of poem is the same designer of classique and thid lady was correct becuse ifeel the soul of classique in poem . poem is the perfect complete perfume it is sweet powder fruit everything u want in perfume idiscovered by accident it has good relation with lou lou cacharel may be the note of blue berry at begin and sweetness but lou lou end with vanilla incense so poem is three perfume in one one spray is enough for fully joy and feeling you are the one

Sarahlulu
Sarahlulu

I see myself dipped in gold and radiating sunshine in this beauty.

Daffodils, jonquils and yellow bush flowers like Australian wattle (I think that's mimosa actually) are what I find straightaway ..

Truly does smell so rich to me ... and dries down to blossoms and honey on me.

I am loving it. I will wear it often, especially when I need some sunshine in my soul

I read on Fragrantica it is designed by the same man -
Jacques Cavallier - who designed Classique which is also a favourite of mine, although very different.

This one is mellow yellow. Gorgeous.

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

Beautiful, feminine, fresh - and only requires a small spray to last the day. VERY easy to overdo it with this one, but as long as you don't go nuts with it, it's positively delectable!!! Not a fan of many Lancome scents but truly love this one and have done so for almost half a life time now!

itsallgood
itsallgood

This is the perfume that helped me understand what I actually savor in perfume--a kamakazi mix of delightfullness. Poeme is well and truly layered which makes it distinctive, longlasting, and over the top. I like all of that. I wore it low so the scent could waft upwards as my body temp heated up. This perfume and others like it are like a too simple black dress in front with a slit all the way down the back that will never be forgotten. Not everybody can wear a dress like that and not everybody can wear this perfume. Intriguing scent.

Mushana

I love this fragrance....

romaroma2
romaroma2

one of my colleague pour everyday on her this horror deep scent with no ending notes. from the morning until evening smells the same. is long lasting but need t6o be strong not having headache being nearby this smell. i hope you will understand not to bother taking this bottle at the office because you can assasinate somebody. I like most of poem scent. I have right now o de l'orangerie and lo de lancome but are csomething very very different from poeme.

freddinos
freddinos

As most Lancome fragrances, Poeme does not agree with my body chemistry. It is a true yellow floral with a 'clean' feel, but from the middle notes down it has some similar notes with Tresor (maybe the peach) that make it a big no for me.I must also add that on my skin I get almost no vanilla but plenty of the tonka beans. If it suits your skin I'm jealous, as this is a true clasic floral with a slight vintage feel:)
Still I keep a 5ml miniature of this in my perfume collection, as some days I only want to wear Poeme and no other fragrance!

RuthKarnowski
RuthKarnowski

This was given me as a gift. I was totally unsure of it, but sprayed a little to be polite. I love it. It lingers forever, but not in an over the top give you a headache way. I use it sparingly, but am always complimented when I do.

dhiagelev
dhiagelev

I bought this in a collection of miniatures and though I liked all of them Poeme was by far my favourite. Subsequently, I have bought larger bottles and I still love it. My only criticism is that there was a distinct clove carnation smell in the first bottle which just made me ecstatic, a delicious perfume that I have never encountered before or since. Subsequent purchases, although still very appealing seem to have lost this extra, sumptuous note and this makes me so sad.
Still, warm, seductive, sweet but not too sweet, floral but not too flowery, and with a wonderful spicy undertone, this is a gorgeous, sophisticated, seductive perfume which suits my skin very well.
If anyone knows of a perfume with a strong carnation smell, please let me know as I would definitely buy it.

tourmali45
tourmali45

When I wear Poeme it doesn't particularly matter how I'm dressed and what the actual season is - everything around me turns yellow and smells of daffodils and mimosa honey. And I appreciate that Jaques Cavalier added something bitter into the composition, so that Poeme doesn't fall into excessive sweetness. Out of all Lancome fragrances, this one is my favourite.
PS: It was my favorite, no more. The same story as with Alien - I still like it, but absolutely cannot wear either of them myself. There's a note I started to find unbearable.

Bebette
Bebette

Haven't had time to give a full review yet but I had to mention, tonight I was in a lace top and jean shorts and the woman washing her hands outside the bathroom stall told me I "looked too cute and to stop it", I giggled, walked on by, and she grabbed my arm and said "OMG AND YOU SMELL LIKE AN ANGEL!!" "Poeme" I exclaimed, as I kept on walking! <333

Fonna
Fonna

Just bought this because of the reviews it had.
I tried it as soon as I got in the car.
Sprayed it on, and the first thing that came to my head was powder, then juicy honeysuckles then mimosa, mimosa, mimosa.
Very, very sweet, like a honey, not candy, and I thought this just may be too sweet for my liking.
It was so sweet that it felt "false" on me, I'm not sure if anyone would understand that.

Then something happened about 30 minutes in....a honey dipped musky rose. I kind of liked that.

It's soft, not sharp, I can't detect any citrus or green notes at all.
It's been two hours now.

It's sexy enough.;)

Huda1234
Huda1234

I discovered this perfume last year. So to me it was created in 2012.
But it reminds me of school, maybe because I smelled it a lot when I was in school in the 90's.
Very seductive perfume. This is a real perfume.

Beautiful_Scent
Beautiful_Scent

Yep, what else can I say that's not been said already?
On my way to work this morning, quickly nipped into a small perfume shop and got it! It is so warm and alluring. No! It is DIVINE. Yep, that's the right word :))

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

In my opinion, this is Lancome's BEST.

It's FABULOUS. It has a bold character while still being classy and elegant.

This fragrance isn't for everybody, which is a good thing. If I saw an annoying 20-something white girl walking around in this, I was probably have a case of the twitches.

This one includes a bold front of my FAVORITE flower ever, the Narcissus. And this fragrance represents that so well. It's also special to find such a heavy mimose scent.

These days, it seems the yellow florals have gone out of style...but I'll definitely do my best to bring this fabulous classic back ;)

This one is for someone that knows what they want and is willing to do what it takes to get it!

Kiera79
Kiera79

This feels like a very mature fragrance. Not old lady at all, but maybe 40+? It's very classy, yet at the same time smells like sunshine :) I guess that's the yellow floral. I feel like I should be dressed up when wearing this. The notes blend together very well... So much so that I can't pick out one from another.

antfarm
antfarm

I tried this on at the mall one day and it melded with my skin perfectly to create an aura of sheer elegance. It sort of reminded me of the '90s and made me feel nostalgic.

Poeme is so well-blended and carefully put together that the fragrance itself is not easy to describe. It just smells like a professional, classy woman. What I get most from Poeme is a golden vanilla that isn't foody, but reminds me of a precious liquid being extracted from a magical golden egg.

It's a little bit classic and upper-crust. You can't really dress casually with this one--it's a scent to live up to. Poeme lasts a long time and lingers on clothing, like a quality fragrance should.

Serafit
Serafit

I like smell of nercissus and for the narcissus I bought it, but narcisses is not strong in this perfume. It's most mimose. So, who loves mimoses, it's good perfume.

Tulip Time
Tulip Time

This is my first oriental fragrance. I bought it just on a whim yesterday in order to receive a purchase plus gift promotional at the Lancome counter. After using it yesterday I was a little perplexed as to whether I liked it or not as I was at a loss at what the notes were. With florals being my favorite I thought for sure I could identify at least some of the notes, Poeme is indeed an echo just as it's described. My husband says it smells wonderful on me and I find myself smelling my wrist to get a heavenly sniff of it. So instead of analyzing where the echo originates from, I decided to just sit back, relax and wallow in the delightful aftermath of Poeme. I think we are going to become quite good friends.

patersonjill

Update- Since my original review Lancome is now selling Poeme on their website. Thank goodness this fragrance is not discontinued - it's just not available all over.

Still my all time favorite and really fantastic. Super relieved to find it is still available.

saritarose

UPDATE/CLAUDIA Learned that my daughter the poetess knew and liked Poême. So she got a bottle for her birthday. Despite the mimosa note, I found I didn't like it--it feels suffocating--but what the heck, she likes it. And after all, she's not fond of my Antilope.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

The sweetest floral scent that I know! And dammmmmmm.... does it smell GOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!! Lasts a long looooooong time! Decent sillage! *Love* :)

*_koko_*
*_koko_*

I tried Poeme this morning.. It's a really complex fragrance.. It's feminine, in a vintage way, but however actual.. Om my skin is less strong than from the bottle..On my skin becomes more creamy and floral.. I can smell a lot of narcissus, mimose and amber.. It's really particular and I felt in love with it..my boyfriend likes it too so much..The longevity on my skin is incredible..Even after washing my wrist I still smell the fragrance..I think a scent to have, a classic.

Beatrixel
Beatrixel

one of the most complex fragrances out there. it'a a bottle of rarities. rarely does one smell narcissus and blue poppy.this fragrance sticks to the skin. is strong and very feminine, very floral. the amber is noticeable and so are the yellow flowers. it is a classic!
my mother used this and it complimented her very well. I have tried it as well and is gorgeous. for those who love scents like Lulu, Organza and the whole '80s-'90s spectrum, go for it. I repeat, this is a classic!

Decodawn
Decodawn

Poeme is a beautiful combination of femininity and seduction, peaches and cream, milk and honey. A burst of fruit and then a very sensuous dry down develops into a very warm and sensual fragrance. Incredibly long lasting I sprayed a very small amount yesterday evening at 7pm and I can still smell the fragrance this morning upon waking at 7am. A classy fragrance ideal for the over 40's age group or for a lady who likes her fragrances 'classic'. Available on the Lancome web site, although Boots are currently selling a 30ml bottle £26.66 along with John Lewis who are price matching Boots RRP £40.00 so go and get yourselves a bargain and stock up as I have heard that this wonderful fragrance is to be discontinued 'NO' I hear you all cry! Well, Lady Lancome if you are reading please still continue to make our wonderful Poeme as it says on the Bottle, No need to say a word, it speaks for itself. Love, Love, Love in a Bottle.

BeautifulDynamite
BeautifulDynamite

Nice fragrance...but something about it reminds me of Indian spice or something like that. Maybe saffron? On me it wasn't exactly the greatest but I can tell it has the potential to be great.

Daisydukes
Daisydukes

Just bought it today and I love it! It is available on Lancôme's site. A small amount is beautiful. This is what I wanted. Classic, elegant, sweet but not " foodie". Give it 30-40 min before you decide. It started off heavy on the daffodils but I'm loving it now!

patersonjill

I love this perfume! It's been my signature scent since it was introduced. This is really the only perfume that smells amazing on me. But I will admit, I don't think it's amazing on everyone. I actually feel this scent can be hit or miss for most. When it's great it's amazing. To me it opens with a floral burst and drys down to a very soft very slight vanilla/amber scent. This is one of those scents that on me, I can't smell very well, but others tell me it smells so wonderful. And they usually say something after I give them a hug, so they have to be a bit close to me (not across the room). I've been so broken-hearted to learn this wonderful scent has been discontinued - what a shame. Really what a unique, fabulous, wonderful, delight this scent has been. Good bye my favorite scent - you'll be missed dearly.

sZIG
sZIG

This perfume is amazzing!!! I thought i wouldnt like it because usually perfumes which are amber in color indicate that the scent is a powdery old woman scent! But this is so different! It is very unique- it is warm but still fresh for some reason it seems like te type of scent that would be in a house; like a gourmet air freshner....my friend commented saying she could smell cinnamon..also even my dad who isnt ino fragrances said this smelt nice when i was wearing it so thats always a good thing!

tomchuangot@yahoo.com
tomchuangot@yahoo.com

I love this. I feel it's fit to lovers. It's really romantic for a fall night.

Heleniko
Heleniko

Warm and sexy. Madonna's Truth or Dare is very similar to Poeme.

julieanneh
julieanneh

When I first tried this a few days ago I must have had a very old tester because it was horrible, I only could guess it was off. I've gathered up the courage to visit a different store with a much higher turnover of stock so hopefully not an old tester.
What a difference. I wasn't sure at first because it is a little different even thought its not a new perfume, but the longer I wear it the more I like it. Its not in your face but definitely has enough sillage without being overpowering. To me it is floral powdery oriental, but barely oriental but enough. Maybe its vanilla not powder I'm smelling? Its not sweet as so many are today either which is nice because I don't always want to go around smelling of sweets like a giant lollypop.
Lasts on me approx 4 hours

Kysyona
Kysyona

Well, this is just perfection. It is a Holy Grail of Lancome's perfumery. So unique and distinct - it is unmistakeable und uncomparable, so full-bodied and self-sufficient, that no other single note could possibly make it better. So feminine, that one can hardly fully appreciate it before reaching mid-20s at least, and this is hardly for someone who yet has not enjoyed the emotional rollercoaster of romance and stumbled upon the Real Deal on one of those rides. This fragrance says - I am in love, I am complete and I have arrived. Being the ficklest and most insatiable perfume junkie, I actually had to say this first in my head before writing in pure disbelief that I were even considering this, but yes, this could be THE ONE perfume I could see as my signature scent. I have worn this in good times and bad times, and every time it just makes me feel so happy, so satisfied with life and powerful as a woman! I think this is the antidote to feeling needy or insecure. I think of icons like Sophia Loren or Elizabett Taylor when I sniff it, and oh how I wish I were the only one who knew about Poeme!!:)

guillermostf
guillermostf

a woman wearing poême... so charming and sexy. I think after 2 or 3 hours, the parfum is really good and turns me on. 3 and 1/2 stars. Long lasting too!

kAItza
kAItza

I just love this perfume! I was scared of trying it for quite some time, but when I managed to gather my courage, it blew me away!
It doesn't smell bitter or spicy at all, it's just a very strong and very long lasting sweet smell (for me at least) of flowers. And in a weird but good way it also smells a little like bubble gum. It's a really pleasant scent, but one spray is enough is you don't want a headache ^^

jujuba4596
jujuba4596

This is my mom's signature. And I love it on her!!!!!

Ninula
Ninula

unfortunately it feels too strong for me & smells of a huge heap of yellow flowers & almond. quite bitter, no sweetness :( will try outdoors now that its autumn, hope it will show itself differently.

Aardwolf
Aardwolf

Tried it today. First impression: not very strong, sweet and flowery. After about 15 minutes I thought: what's that citrus smell! It was my wrist. I tried to like it but the scent kept changing, one could call it "fascinating", but "manic depression" is what came to my mind. The perfume lingers on for a long time, I got really tired of it. Perhaps a nice smell for perfect blondes in a business environment? Not for me, anyway.

Nosa
Nosa

Sweet, warm and powdery fragrance!I like this perfume.
so romantic! Very long lasting, unique smell.

dorapolicarp
dorapolicarp

This perfume is so strong in the first half of hour that I feel that I should stay away of public spaces until it settles into that beautiful, lingering, warm scent. I absolutely adore this fragrance. It is enough to spray it two times behind your ears, but personally, I spray it on my wrist, too, just so I can smell it through the day and smile again.

vhelsing
vhelsing

I bought this perfume as first in my early life and I fall in love whit it. I can't say what's in it, to me it's just flowerbomb. Many people say that it's heavy but on my skin it's light, hard to detect, but very nice, that's why I wear it during the day

Trvevil
Trvevil

Wow... This is so great. Smells bright, massive, intoxicating, it really pleases my senses. It has some "perfumey" nuances to it, but it is rather luxurious and grown up. It does feel a bit dated, but (!) it is so complicated and many things going on here that I come to wish there would be more perfumes like this.

I can't really describe notes this time, as it is blended so well and changes all the time. I do feel orange flower now tho.

It would suit pretty much anyone in my opinion, for those cold days, for fun, anything. I guess it is very versatile fragrance and probably changes according the weather, it has to be one of those xD And while being versatile, it doesn't fall into human aromatisation category. It is meanful, enjoyable composition that will please your senses.

I noticed that it has very massive sillage at first and still, after few hours is intense.

Mimi Faizah
Mimi Faizah

This is the best for me so far.Been using it since highschool.Longlasting.Superb smell.

smellhunt
smellhunt

POEME by Lancome is one of my very favorites. I wear it only during the cold months and I try to restrain my self to spritz only two or three times at the most.
It's an amazing floral with fruity notes that give it a playful character and woody notes that warm it.
For some reason, the way it smells, reminds me of afternoons spent in front of a fireplace, drinking aromatic tea.
POEME has an enormous silage, it is the kind of perfume that could fill not just a room, but prop ably a house... so be cautious.
On skin it lasts until the next shower and on clothes it lingers until you wash them (sometimes even after laundry) without loosing much of its power.
So far, it's the only scent that I really like on everyone who wears it.

malarvizhi
malarvizhi

OMG!! This perfume is one of the best. Now only i can afford to buy it. This is elegant,rich, sweet,lovely perfume. I LOVE YOU POEME...

musictwig
musictwig

I've been wearing this for years. I had so many compliments in the first week I wore it that I gave up wearing anything else! Complete strangers kept coming up to me and asking me what I was wearing, that I smelled amazing.

Every now and then I buy something new, but I always come back to this one.

blueviolet
blueviolet

This was my first real perfume, bought it after a trip to south of France. Why? It reminds me of the inscents the monks used in a church i use to visit i the mornings. I remember that trip as one of the happiest in my life and when i smelled this after i had to have it! Cant remember how i paid for it, must have been a fortune to me back then. Maybe i got it as a present. Still love it and still think its beautifully made. Classy and mature, just right amount heavy.

BbLinda
BbLinda

My perfume of choice for fall and chilly evenings. But one spray is enough for me. The scent is very mature and elegant, that is, in a very sexy way. This perfume makes you feel you've been 'chosen' to wear it, because it certainly is not for everyone. :) LOoooove this scent!

beatrix75

become my signature fragrance !!why?well the very nex day still i feel the soft beauthiful amazing delicate smell of POEME stll iits there OMG how i did not realise that its so me this frag its so fitting remarcable !!From two days all time i get a lot off complimets its just Perfect.

beatrix75

still a bigg classic a fauvorite a suprem and elegant luxuri fragrance !i love soo much and this fragrance its so much feminine so much exclusive and its perfekt for my skin for my sense!!!forever a bigg loveee

PLUMPIE

I have a love hate relationship with this fragrance I have owned 2 bottles of this and never finished one I end up re-gifting it to someone else. It's funny several girlfriends of mine have bought this because of me wearing it but on myself I don't like it. Yet several months after wearing it I find myself running to a lancome counter to spray it again but in several hours find it annoying and overly sweet. I think it is the mimosa which dominates most on my skin. On those who can truly wear this well the scent always reminds me of yellow fresh cut flowers and passionfruit cheesecake. On me it's just a cloying syrupy chemicalness.

hallucigeniae
hallucigeniae

I absolutely LOVE this perfume, it's classy and very lady like. It's strong, yet wonderful, feminine and timeless. One of my all time favorites.

rachbud
rachbud

I love this perfume - this and Magie Noir. This is an intense perfume that settles doen well, quite swett, with musky undertones, but it is one of my favourite perfumes - it smells so expensive. I have had a bottle for 12 years and keep it in my wardrobe and the scent is still as good as when I bought it. Gorgeous.

kayelund
kayelund

OMG! Enough said.

lily13ana
lily13ana

This smell is from another world. It is beyond perfection
Edit: obsession and poeme are the only reasons to wait for the next winter, because obsession smells very harsh in warm weather and poame doesn't last log and neither develops well( meaning 8 h). But in winter are the most used perfumes i have, even though poeme is gorgesous in summer too, more floral and less dense. But it is such a pitty not to keep it for winter.

redrosesr4ever
redrosesr4ever

God, this is extremely sweet! A more expensive smelling version of Jessica Simpson's Fancy. I hope one day it can grow on me. I want to own it, but just can't tolerate it right now.

Christie171
Christie171

Poeme-Lancome

When you first spray this on, it's heavy and thick but sweet. I love the scent itself but not overpowering it can be. Just let it take its course for a few hours and it settles down into a nice, creamy scent. I would write more but I don't think I'm old enough to fully appreciate this perfume. I think this fragrance it better suited for women in their 30's and older. The sillage is pretty good too. 7.5/10

urabrisa
urabrisa

Exquisito aroma. Tener a alguien cerca con este perfume es de las experiencias más confortables que se pueden vivir un día frío de invierno.

justbeQ
justbeQ

If I can't say it better than someone else, then I'm not going to try.
Please scroll down and see Nopasho's review. I don't think it can be said anymore eleoquent than that. So I will simply say its the first perfume a boyfriend gave me. And I have always had a bottle on hand since then. I have always received compliments when I have worn it. And it has always been my fume of choice on a date. A little dab behind the ears and it guaranteed nuzzling.-q

pfcs
pfcs

This is a warm,sophisticated scent, unusually good for a modern perfume.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Warm yellow floral scent; creamy, something candy-like and with notch of intensity.
Again mainly it's all about flowers here.
Pleasant surprise.
It has some power to it and with all the right stuff: mimosa, leather, tuberose, ylang ylang, vanilla, orange flower and then some amber for suspense.
Excellent silage and lasted up to 6 hours on me!

allexa
allexa

Beautiful perfume! I have many nostalgic associations with it. Today I've got a sample of this peace of art and I like it. Can't escape a feelling that this is a smell of petite, delicate woman. BLOND one. Don't know why, but she must be blond :) Too bad I'm 5'11" and not blond... :(

fawnmarie

This is not my all-time favorite fragrance, but I do like its depth and warmth. Reminds me somehow of Red Door, with the heavy narcissus and marigold. It is slightly less sweet than both Red Door and Amarige (which I love.) Two spritzes last an entire day. The honeyed tuberose/mimosa accord lends a very feminine elegance. I received this as a gift but am not sure if I would buy it for myself. I like it, but I'm more of a gourmand girl.

maianh83
maianh83

This masterpiece starts off as Givenchy Amarige with lots of Narcissus and then dries into vanillic Givenchy Amarige with a hint of the sweetness of African orange flower !

vmzaneti
vmzaneti

Now this is what a great perfume is all about. I was very positively impressed. I've smelled it today in an airport's duty free shop while I was waiting for my plane to arrive. Too bad I was in a hurry and didn't had the chance to spray it on the skin. This is the type of scent I would give to a girlfriend to be her signature scent, if she happened to hopefully like it. Just plain romantic, beautiful and delicate, and yes... distinctive from the modern offers. Wow, I can't wait to test it again and update my review here with more details. But anyway... this one is not a winner, it is a complete champion of the champions.

Sweet, warm and powdery fragrance!

This fragrance smells like a floral bouquet of mimosa, freesias and daffodils mixed with a lot of vanilla.

In general I like this fragrance, but it's powdery enough for me.

pum.ohse
pum.ohse

I really enjoy the smell. Is an original and sophisticated but heavy flower scent. Good for winter. Although is not for me, at least for now.

TO CLAUDIA
In that case, it might be a good bet for my daughter!

Migalex
Migalex

I love this one. It is one of the scents I like best. It is much stronger than most modern perfumes, although not a monster. Sillage is good, and the scent, to me, is lovely slightly fresh vanilla sweet tuberose, which I love. It makes it reminiscent of Oscar and of Classique, although of the three my favourite really is Oscar de la Renta. I Find Poeme too sweet at times and for that reason only there are perfumes I like a bit better. Also, I do not find the staying power on skin that good, although it can be very good on clothes and plastic. Amongst Lancome perfumes, I like Miracle better as for the scent, that one I actually find perfect, but I wish it were stronger, like Poeme. Overall, though, I love this fragrance.

gaeliclass
gaeliclass

I bought this because I love vanilla and floral. I thought it had a lovely scent. The tester worked well, so I bought a bottle.

Something happened when I started wearing this perfume. It smelled wonderful for the first hour, then as it started to drydown, it changed. It became rather harsh. The vanilla did not increase. If anything, the chypre is too much.

I am so sad. I gave it to a friend who tried it without having the same scent changing problem I encountered. All I can say is it works on some, not on others.

(english)

TO SARITAROSE:

My daughter is 18 years old, like Poeme, but can not use it. She has a profile more girl, more delicate and romantic, and Poeme is for those women smart and strong, and very, very, very feminine, regardless of age.

(PORTUGUESE)

PARA SARITAROSE:

Minha filha tem 18 anos de idade, gosta do Poeme, mas não consegue usá-lo. Ela tem um perfil mais menininha, mais delicado e romântico, e Poeme é para aquelas mulheres inteligentes e fortes, e muito, muito, muito femininas, independentemente da idade.

saritarose

Do I dare? I am strongly tempted to get a bottle for my daughter the poetess, who runs a Wednesday night poetry evening at a local cafe, but will it be too old-fashioned for her?

ann.sundwall
ann.sundwall

I just received a mini bottle of Poeme and do like it. But I would like to understand what exactly I am smelling. I realise that the himalayan blue poppy is a "fantasy scent" since the real himalayan blue poppy is scentless. But what is the quality of the scent? Is it standardised? And who invented it?

Similar question about fragrances that claim "red freesia". Different colour freesias have different intensities of the freesia scent, but I have never heard that red has a scent distinct from the other heavily scented ones. How much of this and the colour of the scent is due to marketing and how much actually reflects the constituents of the scent? I assume very little. The rich golden colour of Poeme seems to reflect its opulent floral scent, but could it have been a different colour? And to what extent would that affect my perception of the scent? And those around me never see the scent, so is their perception of it based on a different set of reactions?

mak.erot
mak.erot

Great, amazing, lovely. It was my signature for many years since 95's, until i found Alien Thierry Mugler finally. Poeme is magic, one or two sprays makes you feel like a princess with full of amazing flowers, try it..

(ENGLISH)

I love to use in cold and rainy days. I am one of those anti heroines of the film, those heroines nothing delicate, those of the firm opinion, and very, very, very feminine.

The scene that comes to mind is: a beautiful woman, protegonista and author of its history, walking in a street very beautiful, very urban, under a huge umbrella of long boots, with thoughts in the future.

She is feminine, independent, current urban. And so it is for me Poeme.

(PORTUGUESE)

Adoro usar em dias frios e chuvosos. Sinto-me uma daquelas anti heroínas do cinema; aquelas heroínas nada delicadas, aquelas de opinião firme, e muito, muito, muito femininas.

A cena que me vem a cabeça é: uma mulher linda, protegonista e autora de sua história, caminhando numa rua muito linda, muito urbana, sob um guarda-chuvas enorme, de botas de cano longo, com os pensamentos no futuro.

Ela é feminina, independente, atual, urbana. E assim é pra mim Poeme.

Taliera

Poeme is a mature floral. I love it now, and think it has a lot of complexity. But back in the day, it was an overpowering, peachy, nector-filled, floral stink-bomb. My opinion of it has somewhat changed. I think it's partly because of age, partly because I've smelled it more times, and partly because my perfume smelling experience has trebled over the years. In two words, I would describe it as "honeyed flowers". Not a big white floral, or a rosy fragrance, it is sweet (but not candy-like), cheery and optimistic. If perfumes had a colour, I would give it yellow - with a little white. It is true that it is syrupy and heavy, but if you can look beyond this, Poeme has a light side as well. I know that it is not meant to fit into the perfume-pyramid, but from the top notes Mimosa gives it that light, jubilant quality, which appears when you take a deep breath in. To me, Poeme is like a warm, late Winter's morning in Australia - when the sun is out and is shining on the Wattle (Mimosa) bush all covered in tiny yellow spheres. Poeme is a truly beautiful floral. I am besotted by it. If I didn't have Flowerbomb as my "signature scent", it might very well be this.

rosarossa
rosarossa

A very strange fragrance: at the beginning it seems so good after sometimes it changes too much, and it becomes awful. Someone said it is one of the worst chypre. For me, it is really disappointing as it last too much... but perhaps it is my skin. This is only my opinion.

ninie25
ninie25

I smelt Poême few days ago. Wow, it smells very very good. It's a real feminine perfume but in my opinion, i'm still too young to wear it. Maybe when i'll be 35 or 40 years old, because it's very good but it's not my time to wear it ;)

HilaryAppleFace
HilaryAppleFace

Poeme is one of those fragrances that at first spray, it is loud and obnoxious, but becomes soft and pretty minutes later.

Poeme begins with a very synthetic, rubbing alcohol note... somewhat like nail polish remover. At this point, Poeme is far from a haiku... it's a shrieking banshee. Once the synthetic note calms down, a very sweet and bright mimosa peeks through. The mimosa is joined by fellow yellow flowers and a creamy, soft vanilla. Poeme hums a sweet, joyous tune that is pretty and feminine.

Most people might be turned off by the first impression of Poeme, but let it stick around before you scrub it off. It might just leave you pleasantly surprised. I was very happy with the outcome of this fragrance, and hope to own a bottle in my collection soon.

tonni
tonni

Poeme is very sweet and mature flower scent,and the vanilla becames stronger and stronger in the drydown.

sarlouben
sarlouben

got this perfume today a very pleasant floral it is not heavy on me at all sadly it does not last long i dont know if its just me but it smells ever so slightly like elizabeth ardens sunflowers to me on the drydown

nopasho
nopasho

Blissfully deep sigh of being in olfactory nirvana, here... 'Poeme', not only a beautiful and apt name for a fragrance ('Lollipop Bling Bling' anyone?) but a gorgeous, opulent, creamy, rich shining 24 carat diamond of fragrance. If gold, jade and pearls could have a smell, 'Poème' would be it. Old school? Perhaps. Timeless classic: for sure! A fragrance like a classy discreet beautiful woman. A little mysterious, renders people spellbound and radiates that 'je ne sais quoi' soft almost careless and effortless sensuality of a a gorgeous 'woman's woman'. A 'femme'. This is a bewitching caress of utter floral fragrance beauty. Totally stunning, totally convincing, totally out-of-this-mediocre-world. Heavenly romance, and butterflies-in-the-stomach beauty in a bottle. Not sex, not sugar, not spices, not lollipop, not bling bling, not the smell of perfume-analphabetic money hunting shareholders, not a celeb image in a bottle. But alas: beauty, bliss, knockout ravishing joy in a bottle. 'Yes, I do for now and forever after'-feeling in a fragrance bottle. Smashingly shamelessly romantic, utterly feminine, soft yet strong, an undisturbable quiet zen-like presence and feel of a fragrance. Bliss, heavenly bliss, exquisite totally original delight. Nose candy for floral and other real original deep-fragrance lovers. This is a delightful complex wonder of a fragrance. Seductive, womanly, poetic. And a high quality fragrance to boot. Super long lasting, extra strength sillage, consonance and balance... It is a love poem and a song of joy and and ode to perfume artistry and mastery filled to the brim with a collection of the most beautiful flowers, the most classic-strong of bases, just enough fruit and in its heart and soul wearable contrasting notes that blend in seamlessly in the whole poetic picture of 'Poème'. Put every one of the current celeb fruity florals against this real 'fruity floral with a twist' and you'll understand why I often express my frustration with current aquatic run-of-the-mill generic fruity florals. 'Poème' is for me the one and only benchmark for 'fruity florals' from 1995 -the year of its launch- on. Period. Smell this one. This is the fragrance magic a true fruity floral with high class ingredients, made by and expert maitre parfumier and balanced and mixed to perfection, can be. Sheer beauty. This is one of the mothers of all fruity florals. In personality, quality, strength and creativity. I guess you'll need at least 4 bottles of 100 ml edp of a current celeb 'fruity floral' to match the sillage and longevity of one 30 ml edp of 'Poème'. This is a flower lovers nirvana, an olmfactory orgasm, an ode to the beauty of nature's blooming treasures, not some collection of cheap artifical flower extracts made in China, no offense intended, thrown together with only dollar signs blinking in the eyes of the PR-fragrance company men. I'm not a real flower fragrance lover, but I recognise an exceptionally great and strong and original masterpiece fragrance when I sniff one. 'Poème' is one of these rare creatures.

Enough waxing poetically about this classic. Some facts. 'Poeme' was launchded in 1995 and still going very stroooong. So it stood the test of time, another criterium in comparing it to fleeting (literaly and figuratively speaking) celeb fruity florals which have an average lifespan of 1 to 5 years. And then they are gone and mostly rightfully forgotten. 'Poème' was launched by the famous house of Lancôme ('Climat','Hypnose', 'Magie Noire', 'Magnifique'... ) and was conceived by none other than the great legendary nose Jacques Cavallier (Boucherons's 'Initial' and 'Trouble', many Bulgari's, Kleins 'Truth', Diors 'Midnight Poison', some Armani's, countless Issey Miyakes's, a Carolina Herrera, a lot of Gaultiers, Ricci's, Rabanne's...) A top nose quoi! Together with Annick Menardo and Francis Kurkdjian: the best of current the maitres parfumeurs. The golden crop. 'Poème' is built around flowers AND contrasts. And it is one of the most technically complicated tours de force in recent perfume history. Those notes: Jesus Christ in heaven! And all fused seamlessly together, contrasts included, into one hell of a fantastic fragrance. Faut-le-faire!

Top: Blackcurrant, Himalayan poppy (!), plum, green notes, mandarin, narcissus, peach, bergamot, datura (!)
Middle: Mimose, leather (!), ylang ylang, freesia, jasmine, heliotrope, vanilla, orange blossom tuberose, rose,
Top: Tonka bean, amber, musk, vanilla, cedar, orange blossom(!)

What a grand, opulent, rich collection of notes. And the genius of Cavallier was to forge all these notes (24) seamlessly together into a creamy, rounded, harmonius killer of a floral fragrance while building in some remarkable inner contrasts that don't disturb the bliss, the joy and the sheer olfactory pleasure that this poem and ode to the art of perfumery spreads around you by the buckload. Be prepared if you wear this to be noticed, to tell countless times what you wear and to be called 'old lady' by pimply pre-menstrual girls with padded bras and a thong whale tale above their waistline jeans who love the celeb bling bling fragrances. But if you wear this powerful masterpiece, you righlty won't give a hooters! Take your celeb scent and run to go buy the next Justin Biever frag. Or I'll spray you with 'Poème' so that you smell classy for once. I mean: this is for 'women' aged 15 to 95 and not for narrow minded 'girls' of the same age, if you catch my drift.

All starts with the base. As with all great fragrances: a strong, sturdy, reliable base where the middle and top can be reliably built upon. BTW, that's why all those current fruity florals and most ohter contemporary fragrances last so shortly and radiate so little IMHO: the base is mostly a three note breezy low quality artificial sandalwood-vanilla-something. Here you have a cemented lean, mean, clean strong linebacker unit of tonka bean -which deepens and anchors middle and top to a T (the stongest bases have tonka bean in it)-, amber, cedar, vanilla, musk. Together they make a hell of a strong, effective base. But nose Cavallier adds -suprise, surprise!- the delicate and pleasant orange blossom to the base. Read again: orange blossom in the base! Think about it. That is always the sign of a great fragrance: some strokes of genius. Like the coconut and allspice in the top of 'Hypnotic Poison' by Menardo or the amaretto in the top and dark chocolate in the base of Cartier's 'Le Baiser du Dragon' by Alberto Morillas. Soit. Here the orange blossom in the base translates into a delicate constant presence of the lovely delicate orange blossom in the whole of 'Poème'. Like 'Rose' in Lutens 'Sa Majesté la Rose' or 'Vanilla' in Bulgari's 'Black'. Especially since there is another dose of orange blossom in the middle level. So very strong base with a twist: orange blossom!

The middle is an all star team of the most beautiful, powerful flower scents: mimose, freesia, jasmine, ylang ylang, tuberose and rose weighted against each other with a pharmacist's scale so that they won't cannibalise each other. Cavallier puts as a guardian and enforcer to keep the power flowers from fighting each other to death or oblivion or from neutralising each other, the harmonious diplomat heliotrope next to it, which acts as KY jelly to let those passionate flowers make love to each other smoothly. Result: fireworks all over the middle and the rest of Poéme but without trashing the bed on which they make love. The heliotrope is the Ban Ki Moon to keep those flowers-with-a-big ego from clashing in an all out 'cat fight' flower war. And of course here comes another stroke of Cavallier genius: in all this flowery 'female' notes of love and peace with nevertheless an undercurrent of merciless competition between these strong 'female' flowers, he introduces the 'steadying' male fragrance note: 'leather'! Like putting one male in a room of competing female workers or putting one woman in a room of testosteron-overloaded male office PC tigers. It brings a certain agreeable tension but also a balanced harmony and stability between the yin and the yang of this fragrance's middle that would be fickle without the contrasting but stabilising leather, if you know what I mean. Just great! Perfect, rich, creamy, über flowery middle with a twist: leather!

Up to the top, the first impression a fragrance gives, a calling card, the first look at your blind date. The top is on paper deeply fruity-floral. Blackcurrant, peach, plum, mandarin, narcissus and green notes plus bergamot to give it an effervecent freshness. So far, so good and very classy. Two or three of these notes are mostly used in a lot of celeb fruity florals. But of course this is two levels higher. Nose Cavallier adds two genius twists that deepens this top and makes it frankly fascinating. First Cavallier adds datura. 'Datura' is an 'oriental' flower which belongs to the botanical mythical 'nightshade' family of which many other members are known for their hallucinogetic, mind bending effects because of the presence of alkaloids of which the concetrated form is used in morphine and codeine but also in cocaine. In natural form alkaloids are found in mescaline. And in datura. Crushed datura was used by sjamans to help whip up trances and hallucinogetic trips. But the alkaloid-free datura fragrance note smells strongly herbal and deep dark chocolat-y. Serge Lutens built one of his most revered and wearable frags around this rich, unique and fascinating flower: 'Datura Noir'. Of course the deep datura is a perfect twist-in-the-top and a great contrast with the other fruity flower top notes. And to top it off: the second twist in the top, the cincher. Cavallier adds yet another highly unusual note: Himalayan poppy. Of course poppies are the base material to produce opium which is then processed into heroin. The smell of 'Himalayan poppy' of which all possible addictive material is of course removed, is indolic! Yes: Cavallier places an indolic (some call that 'animalistic') note next to his very clean blackcurrant, peach, plum, narcissus, mandarin, bergamot. I wish all celeb fruity florals would do that! But these are for young girls and 'Poème' is for real women. So that is too risqué and grown up an too expensive, I guess. But the indolic poppy and deep herbal datura give a 'dirty' deepness and contrast and depth to ab otherwise squeaky clean fruity floral top that in most FF's is just a run of the mill three note raspberry-peach-strawberry combo. Be assured: that poppy fragrance note isn't addicive in a physical way (don't start injecting 'Poème' to get a high) but it is highly addictive in an olfactory way. Sniff 'Poème' to bring you into perfume heaven. To get you olfactory high. Very surprising top with a twist: clean, effervescent and fresh notes with an indolic, 'dirty' note and a deep herbal/'cacao' smelling note. A top with two twists: datura and Himalayan poppy!

So we have a great twists in all seperate levels. But 'Poème' is about general bliss and beauty with inbuilt harmonic, not clashing, contrasts. I have named three. But on and in each level there are more. I won't name them all. But in the flowery middle: the flowers are very well chosen: peppery jasmine versus rich tuberose versus tropical ylang ylang... In the top the sour-y blackcurrant versus sweet peach, the meaty plum versus the fresh bergamot... And we then have above it all the contrasts between the whole levels itself: sturdy base with flirtatious orange blossom versus female flowery middle with a male leather magnet in the middle versus floral fruity top with indolic poppy and herbal/cacao datura. The result is a really rich, intoxicating juggernaut of a fragrance. Both in complexity, strength and the sheer perfume artistry and craftmanship to pull this off.
It really smells like a poem, written by addicted French 'poète maudit' Charles Baudelaire, or it looks like a painting by the equally French 'peintre maudit' and addict of the hallucigenetic anisic drink absinthe Toulouse-Lautrec. 'Poème' has the reputation of being a dense, albeit complex flowery fragrance without much deepness. But there is so much more to 'Poème'! It is a peculiar perfume masterpiece-with-a-story. Mad scientist-parfumeur Cavallier smuggles leather, poppies, datura, an indolic note... into a so called 'classic' rich very 'French' floral. Devillishly clever and an unexpected hit for Lancôme. Like a devil's pact. So think again about the 'mainstream floral' 'Poème'. The old lady has some surprisingly daringly dirty tricks up her sleeve! And more importantly: sniff a tester vial of this olfactory poem again. You will by truly stunned! And hallucinate being in perfume heaven. Probably you really will be...

sweetjen
sweetjen

I just bought this one tonight, never having smelt it before. I had read some of your reviews here and when I put my wrist to my nose, WOW! I thought oh my gosh, here it is, this is it. It is a beautiful scent to me. So unique, which I love. So many scents out there today either DO NOT LAST beyond 30 min, and in some cases even less than that. So pathetic! Or they smell similar to something out there. So many fragrances today smell so much like something else. It's quite sad actually. But this one, Poeme, is so unique smelling. I personally dig it. It's intoxicating and addicting. Another lovely thing is you don't need much, and it lasts and lasts. This is going into my all time favorites list. I am so happy to have found this one:)))

passionata20
passionata20

I have tears in my eyes. Literally. Tears of happinies!!!
Upon applying this perfume today after many many years in denial of this creation i was like striked by lightning. It is that moment when you realize that quantity is NOTHING against quality and you don´t need dozens of bottles of different perfumes when you can have just couple of bottles of classic ones and it is enough.
This fragrance is like magic potion: very potent, moderatly sweetand spicy and a bit on the heavy side. Do i need to say more than just one word: PERFECTION!!!
Great sillage and AMAZING lasting power.
Opens up with spicy notes blended in honey and later adds vanilla, peach and a lot of tuberose with heliotrope. It is strange that sometimes it completly dissapeares and then comes back again. It is like surrounding you, not "sitting" on you.
Definitly will be one of my next buys and one of my most favorites.
I am really grateful to Lancome not to launching endless flankers to this masterpiece but if they DO plan to discontinue this one, they are completly insane!!! Just launch a new advertising campaign and that´s it! Or it is even not necessary, since quality of this more-than-words fragrance is more than enough to sell really well. Ultimatly seductive - not plain "sexy".
A MUST HAVE!!!! This will be your best spent money on a perfume!!

Hippyhop2
Hippyhop2

I like it....on others. It smells beautiful on some people, special and distinctive. On me... not so. Too flowery! Too bad... It doesn't work on my skin and gets too heavy. Giving me a headache. I bought it after smelling it on others and hoped so much it would smell on me like on them. My mistake. It has good sillage though.

aschiffm
aschiffm

yum, my mother put on this perfume in a store and i could not stop following her around the smell was so good. tried it on myself and was even better- the mimosa and peach stood out the most for me. a very sophisticated bitter sweetness which i found unique.

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

As a beautiful poem ..... It makes you feel loved, admired. It is floral - sweet . Yellow inspire optimism, joy, this is how you feel with this fragrance . Positive vote .

boruvka44
boruvka44

Vanilla with sweet juicy jelly lemon candy and mimose. Cheerful, rich, warm, sweet, heavy velvety. Perfect in cold weather

Gabriela
Gabriela

Poeme is truly a classic fragrance, opulent and a elegant. It has a golden quality that makes me feel so classy and sophisticated right from the opening.

On my skin it starts with an explosive blend of jasmine, narcissus, orange blossom and mimose, yes all at the same time...

This flowery explosion makes for a full bodied scent, deepened with the sensual golden sheer amber and honey in it's base, and fleshy fruits: peach and mandarine oranges. It is a complex fragrance and all the notes surprise your nose...I get no vanilla.

I loooove the peachy and honeyed aspect of this perfume, and the jasmine reminds me so much of Alien, but Poeme is a sunny, golden flowery concoction.

Poeme has amazing sillage and longevity. I think it is suitable for ages 20+, since it is a womanly scent.

pomdgf
pomdgf

This is a very first fragrance in my life and it's really really warming in a bottle. Lots of flowers and of course smell so good forever. Luvvvvv it!! Perfect for winter night or one spray in the morning.

mary1
mary1

Ho avuto la fortuna di ricevere in regalo Poeme circa 12 anni fà,l'ho amato subito perchè è dolce e raffinato.Và certamente usato con moderazione, è un profumo molto forte e di lunga durata.Io adoro i profumi dolci,e Poeme riesce ad essere dolcissimo,ma non nauseante.è certamente tra i miei profumi preferiti.

KatyK
KatyK

I like to smell this on other people - but not too close! On me it is a chemical nightmare! Screechy and deeply unpleasant - I do not know what note makes it feel like nails on a blackboard but it cuts through me and gives me an instant headache.

picco
picco

My father bought me this perfume when he was going back from secondment and all I can say, this is not my cup of tea. When he asked to smell the blotter I almost covered my nose...
It reminds me one of those old lady perfumes back in the day, so I didn't even spray it on me, but maby I should have sprayed iton to reveal on my skin. Sadly, I gave it to my grandmother and it seems that she enjoyed this perfume :)

appleblossom22
appleblossom22

In the bottle, it smells a bit molasses-y and powdery. I sprayed it on my skin and it immediately transforms into a citrus-y floral, heaven like scent. One spray is all you need if you desire a subtle yet detectable fragrance. This felt so warm and elegant on me. I'm rather young to be wearing this, but I simply cannot resist! Lancome scents have a tendency to bother due to the fact that almost every scent they create contains jasmine and rose, but this is a rather lovely exception. Everything is beautiful inside this scent, including the dreaded jasmine and rose.

I am a diamond
I am a diamond

Poeme is the perfect floral-powdery-sweet perfume for an elegant woman, very strong so only two sprays of it are enough.

stillsummer
stillsummer

this is a mom scent. I'll probably grow into it in my 40s-50s

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

mmm Heaven mmm
Such a great perfume. Smells just like JPG Classique, just the same. The name 'Poeme', the commercial, the smell.. it's love at first sniff for me. I don't have it yet, but soon it will be in my collection <3

rafaella
rafaella

oh,... poem! my first true love!... i was quite young to like this fragrance, but i do not know how it captivated and fascinated me in the same day, that blast of all flowers comming one after the other touched by sweet and sparkling notes.
first, i felt a similarity with jpg classique, next i realize i was wrong. the similarity is in the beginning of a fresh spray and it last a few seconds.

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

I tried this one today!! I wasn´t expecting that it was so apealing.. It´s a very good fragrance, of course it´s not for my age, not at all!! But still like to smell tis kind of scents in mature women, very classy.. A huge sillage and longetivity.. Very good indeed ;)

adesoprano

Wonderful! This is my dream perfume, and I find it similar to Poussiere de Rose, there is something in it that reminds me of childhood, probably the combination of peach with tuberose and rose. For me it smells like flowers and candies.

shari.carroll3
shari.carroll3

I really don't understand why someone would make such an overpowering scent and I like going over the top with my perfumes! About a quarter of one spray of this would do. There is something really lovely about this but it is way too strong and way too warm to wear.

derkargy

One of the best orientals.Great lasting power.One only spritz means a real lethal weapon,ha,ha!

No, thank you. This perfume is a serious killer.
Poeme was a new kind of perfume on market and till our days it is immediately identifiable and I'm happy that it is considered out of fashion now.
I hate when perfumes are considered outdated even when they are beautiful in themselves, but with Poeme it comes as a relief.
It is indeed a beautifully smelling perfume, absolutely glorious, feminine, rich, total floral experience, ok, but... it gives me immediate major headache and nausea!!!
I cannot really stand it! I don't know if there is any chemical that kills my nose and nervous system. Maybe mimosa is the culprit or honey?
Pity! I tried many times to wear Poeme because I like its richness and happiness but there is no way I can wear even a tiny drop without feeling bad.
Also when worn by others it still kills me!
Please, if you like it, go VEEEEEERY light with this!
I guarantee that if you wear only a spray (bbrrr!!) you will be done for a whole day (and others too)

douxe
douxe

i like vanilla, but this perfume is waaaayyyy too strong and overwhelming could it be a little lighter?

scentsuelle
scentsuelle

My friends took me aside one day and told me, that they couldn't stand my perfume. It was Poême, admittedly I was applying a few too many squirts, as many teenagers do but I actually feel quite embarrassed that I didn't realise how strong and incredibly sweet it was. This is definitely a super-girly smell for the lady who likes that little bit more...

Nathalia
Nathalia

There's nothing like it.

Poême has a complex, almost rhythmic, composition, maybe a bit creamy floral at the beginning (but pleasant) and then softly powdery after a while. The fruity and floral notes are really alternating like rhymes in a nice poem, with soft vanilla continually present and melting in surprising wood and leather notes coming up at times.

I'm discovering it again each time I'm wearing it.

If perfumes were musical instruments, I think this one would be some kind of brass, probably a Trumpet... See the shape of the bottle! : )
To use with parsimony. Because Poême is a rich, powerful composition with high notes, you get the best of it when you put just a few.

carinas
carinas

I used to like it. I'm drawn to strong perfumes and Poeme is certainly strong one. I tended to get headache from it's sweetness, but I loved it and used it none the less.
Then I smelled it on somebody else and realized, it could be very irritating and it leaves strong trail of cloying honey sweetness behind. The lady who was wearing it had left the store long time ago, but Poeme still filled the store with it's intense fumes. After that I never felt comfortable enough to wear it again.
It's quite linear and somewhat ordinary, but still beautiful. Use light hand with Poeme.

kathrinaaguir
kathrinaaguir

Good thing about this perfume: it's a long-lasting one. Bad thing about it: 3 years after I was given this,the scent and liquid got stronger and heavier, like oil !. directly to trash can :(

sarage
sarage

I got Poeme from a woman, who had gotten it as a gift and didn't like it.She wears only Shalimar and nothing else. She thought it was perfect for me, because I love poetry and perfumes. :)
Well.. Poeme is a very fine perfume, but definitely not for me.
It irritated my skin and my nose, too.
Too many white and yellow flowers and especially, too much vanilla.
(I imagine a perfume with this name a lot more light and ethereal.)
This is perfect for ladies who are looking for strong floral scents with vanilla. It is strong and feminine, and stays long on your skin.

missymary
missymary

Wowee! now this is what I call perfume. A lusty big rich white floral with a kick like a can-can dancer. It's got lots of jasmine and mimosa with tuberose and luscious heavy nectarine undertones. Oddly enough, I feel it has something of the surprising jasmine of Alien, and it has the exuberance of Amarige without the brashness.

In fact for all its theatrical power and presence, Poeme has a heart of mellow yellow.

The sillage is magnificent and longevity top class. Lovers of the heavy s**t, look no further!

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

This is a GREAT perfume! First let me start by saying it's not the most unique, it is somewhat your typical rose jasmine floral with some fruit thrown in and of coure the vanilla and musk at the end, and yes we do see this often with the greats of perfume. What it is that seperates this one for me and what makes me love this, is that the tuberose is stronger more predominant here than in the others. Usually it's some mix of rose, jasmine and gardenia... often the gardenia is too much and causes that old lady buttery effect (sorry to gardenia lovers, I do love gardenia but not done in a buttery manner, too serious for me) or the rose isn't a modern rose but what's commonly referred to as an 'old lady scent', here the tuberose I believe plays the biggest role, and instead of gardenia and jasmine it's just jasmine, I pick up no gardenia.....which I like (I like gardenia when it plays center stage and done modernly), it's a way of taking a classic and making it modern without loosing what makes the classics great! it's still creamy , it's still bright, beautiful and fun...yet sexy! This too me is definently one of the very best :)

ward.w.3ood
ward.w.3ood

Exclusive perfume

ekans
ekans

shiny wet flowers and sultry vanilla meringue.kind of rich smell,powerfull stuff from old world and i love it.poeme is homogenic but not boring,sweet but not cloying.do not get enought of it

ION
ION

How could I describe "Poeme"?
Most definitely it is romantic and addictive, like the marvellous "Tresor" before it.
One can notice the extra care taken by the company and perfumer to come up with another hit and most certainly they have succeded as "Poeme" is an amazing creation!
I am testing all perfumes from a paper strip and I can assure you it doesn't smell heavy or overwhelming at all! It is complex but nicely balanced, luxurious but simple as well, in a clean honest and luminous way. The impression of quality that leaves behind, I can only compare to "Dolce Vita".
Its seductive aspect is undoubtly guided by a polite and charming character (combine this perfume with a cheerful face and you'll find yourself "falling in love"!).
Trust me, people will be close to you pretending they are listening only to take sniffs of your lovely perfume, "Poeme"!

a note: it deserves a better bottle but the coarse angular impression one gets from the cap and the bottle's shape, follow the perfume's mood swings well.

Juma
Juma

I tested twice during a month to re-check our sudden love.Yes, georgeus scent, tipical 90' masterpiece.It lasts and lasts, especially on clothes.

It's strong floral, sweet yellow, real scent- for Pure Confident Lady.
Def. on my wish list.

tiffanykimwagner

Very romantic. It makes me feel like I am floating on cloud 9...

ANSD
ANSD

Yesterday, I went to a Perfume store with 2 friends, One of them put Poeme...and It didn't last long on her. It smelled weak and blended. What a shame, I tought that poeme was a strong perfume, with an extraordinary sillage...but I was wrong. I put my beloved OPIUM in that perfume store, and in comparison with Poême, Opium lasts longer and has a much more better longevity. My friend said...I put Poême, but I can only smell your OPIUM, LOLOLOOL. Kudos to OPIUM!!!

tiffanykimwagner

Very vintage and I love it..

TigerEyes
TigerEyes

Heavenly, rich and luxurious. I sprayed some on 5 hours ago and now we're down to sandalwood and honey, still with sillage. Lasts longer on me than any other I've tried. Feels like a light, soft blanket of liquid sunshine.

sistertricked

I used to wear this this summer, applying just a tiny bit behind my ears and on my pulse points from a decant (I never want to leave a trail or to kill anybody). It was enough just for my personal pleasure and I really enjoyed my precious little honeyed treasure during the hottest months (a nod or a shake of my head were enough). I noticed something new, that in the drydown I got woody accords of tonka bean and amber, which seemed to me to be a fragrance someone else was wearing, not me. Maybe it was the heat, able to make it unfold like it never had done before, so I was happier than ever.
Visiting the perfume shops around I found Dune and it was at a good price, too. I tested Dune first on a strip of paper, then on my wrists three times and I enjoyed it too. What do you think happened to my Poeme in the meantime? While not wearing it and not applying it anymore it came back to me: swimming in the water and getting my hair wet made me smell its golden honey in surprise; going to bed realized my pillow had the same honey smell; putting on clothes of the other days I felt it was there again and it was just fantastic, unbelievable staying power to say the least.
All this just to state once again my love for Poeme and the ways it has to seduce me. A great perfume and a joy for me.

Bab
Bab

Gorgeous. Freesia, Linden, Vanilla...rose. One of the most beautiful scents ever created.

Bubbletrubble
Bubbletrubble

Very old world...best for night wear..It was one of the perfumes wen I got married in 1999...so holds lovey memories and I still replenish it!!

I.I
I.I

It was a love from the first smell though I didn't plan it to be this way and I thought it would be a dull and bit outdated perfume.
I tried it hurrily as I was about to leave the store and I was 'thunderstruck'.

In general, I believe that it a scent for romantic, retro-style women somewhat older than 25 (IMHO).
It's a very classy, sophisticated, lady-like, gentle, airy, 'sensitive' and romantic floral perfume.
So, it wouldn't be suitable for a clubbing night but it would be suitable for a dinner under candles in a fancy restaurant, for a theatre night, for a 'serious' working environment, for a romantic night, though it's not seductive.
Lasting power is good and it can become heavy if not sprayed with a light hand.

Pinni
Pinni

This is a little bit of a mystery scent. I can't quite identify all the notes I smell here but they are really familiar. Actually this smells like my childhood. I was born -91 and this came out -95 so probably no wonder. Maybe someone I know wore it. It could also be because of the narcissus. (Somehow I remember my childhood Easters well.) Makes me think of my mother and some trips abroad with her.

It's a yellow type of floral scent, soft and gentle. (Though not that light.) Almost like honey. Vanilla is very noticeable especially in the dry down. Very pleasant scent. It's not a must have for me but I would gladly wear it.

BlueMoonRose
BlueMoonRose

I had this fragrance back in the 90's and I loved it! It is very unique although a bit heavy at times. I still love it though and would purchase it again.

katrosado
katrosado

From first spritz to complete drydown all I get is tuberose with this one. It has to be my chemistry. I'm finding that as I've grown older I'm having a major problem with fragrances not lasting and not having sillage at all on me. It is becoming disheartening. I have to say that this is lovely and it's definately worth a try if you love tuberose. It's so heady I almost thought it was gardenia for a moment. I'm going to get this for my Mother.

Udaria
Udaria

I finally bought it. It has a vintage feel because it smells full and rich, like classy old lady. A golden honey scent with a little of linden, and after that very little change, it just stays on and does not turn nasty. It seems to be meant for special occasions, and should be sprayed with a light hand. Most suitable for Fall and Winter to go with heavier fashions, then it makes sense.

servana
servana

When I first smell this from the bottle, it smells very strong & interesting. It smells like a combination of textas & skittles (weird, I know), but in the best possible way! However, once I spray it onto my skin it changes, & begins to smell like flowers blooming in spring, which I can't stand. It's that smell that irritates my nose & makes me want to sneeze.

And if you can believe it, I just sprayed this on less than 5 minutes ago & I can hardly smell it! Therefore, this has been used as the bathroom spray in my house for pretty much my entire life. Sounds harsh, but it's just the truth, lol.

sweetmagnolia
sweetmagnolia

In my opinion, the #1 Lancome fragrance and the most delicious cool weather scent ever! Poeme definately conjures up thoughts and images of the holiday season. Cozy and warm like a cashmere sweater and a blazing fireplace. Sweet,spicy and vanillic like the aromas that permeate the air during this magical time of year. Poeme is one fragrance that makes me long for the first signs of fall.

tjjbjaeg
tjjbjaeg

I was really looking forward to trying this - but found it vaguely reminiscent of the harsher notes in a bottle of opium that has been on the shelf too long. May be the one I tried was past date. In any case all I got was something sour, something bitter.
May be I'll try again in a bigger store.

This was pointed out to me as a honey scent. But I only get the honey initially when I spray it. I sprayed it on my wrists today and regretted it the rest of the day. On my skin it's very sweet-sour and very old-fashioned. I don't get honey but just an overly strong scent that might annoy other people. Actually I recognized the scent as one I noticed around me on other people and thought to be very bad.

I'm wrapped in Poeme - I'm in paradise..What a scent. Absolutely lovely. Warm, sexy,cosy. I feel like a rich princess with Poeme. I think this scent is for a grown up woman. Use carefully, or else it will turn to a heavy perfum.

Jag är inlindad i Poeme - en helt otroligt doft! Superhärlig, varm, sexig, mjuk och superkvinnlig. Jag känner mig som en prinsessa med Poeme. Detta är en doft för kvinnan mitt i livet. Används sparsamt annars finns risk att den blir tung.

watercolormermaid
watercolormermaid

This fragrance, Poeme, is like golden honey, on creamy florals with vanilla all wrapped in sunshine. You only need to use one spray, because of it's great sillage. When I wear this I feel in love. To me this fragrance is divine.

miahreis
miahreis

This perfume...OMG, AMAZING! I smelled this one first in hot, humid summer, after I got a sample bottle for my grandmother (who doesn't have AC) and it was a little headache inducing, but I loved it! When it turned fall, I smelled it again and I took the little bottle back, because my grandmother didn't like it, and I was hooked! I've not smelled anything like this one. It is a very elegant perfume with my favorite accord, Vanilla. It is a little old fashioned, but I still love it, and I'll be 23 in a month and a half. Poeme reminds me of Christmas, for some reason, and is the only time I wear it. I'll definitely re-buy!

Louw
Louw

I struggle to find the oriental aspect to this or to find any of the individual notes that are listed! On me, it just smells heavy, syruppy-sweet and very artificial and it gives me a headache too!

Exiihra
Exiihra

I've had this scent for a couple of years now, but it never stops amazing me! Very floral, although heavy oriental notes linger in it, making it unique and different from other "florientals" that tend to be more oriental than flowery.
I can't really explain why, but whenever I wear this scent, I feel almost royal. Also, it has great lasting power! One of my favourites for sure.

2nd review :

I have tested it on my skin , and it's just gorgeous ! It is working very well with my chemistry indeed! I immedialty deceided to add it on my wishlist !
It's romantic, but not naive , it's gentle , but does not lack character .
No need to overpray ! Just one spray on my wrist , and when i left the perfume store , while walking on the srteet i could still feel all Poême's pretty flowers dancing around me !
A must have !
May not fit to a teenager girl . (And i think they prefer sweeter things anyway)

gabita28iulie
gabita28iulie

For me it's perfect parfum,elegant and wonderfull.I can't stop wearing it.

adesoprano

I like it very much on the blotter, but on my skin it becomes dry, this is the word that comes in my mind.

LaPetite

I have very mixed feelings about this one . I have always disliked it so much on the shop's test paper that i have never dared trying it on my skin , but I have discovered recently that it is the favortie frag of one good friend , and on her skin it smells so good ! So romantic so balanced : flowery , but not too much , strong , but not too much , fruity , but not to much ... See what i mean ?
I think i will try it on MY skin very soon to make my final decision , whever love, like or dislike.

Fishberry
Fishberry

I change my style a lot, and at those times when I dress ladylike and old-fashioned, pretending that I'm a Czech countess in my ushanka, scarf, coat and high-heeled boots, this perfume is the perfect company! I love this scent and the way it makes me feel.

Dash
Dash

This is way too overpowering for me because of the heavy floral notes . But my mum uses it so it's great for the mature woman.
If your looking for sth strong with good longevity and silage, then this is for you!

jadetrail51
jadetrail51

This is intense and complicated and not in a good way. On me anyway, it's just a sickening heavy too old in the vase carnation smell. I know some of you love this,but it just doesn't work on me. I wore this shopping once, and someone in the boutique commented on the horrible smell,which was me wearing this EDP. Most embarrasing and humiliating!
Another interesting note is that this was gifted to me by someone who later betrayed me "big time".....Hmmmmmm.

Dessi
Dessi

Exclusive perfume ...Very lasting
and magnetic.
love it!!!

Lilii
Lilii

This one is very sharp, feminine and romantic at the same time, very long lasting...only for winter I think, since it is too strong.
I had quite different image of it before I tested it yesterday,I was thinking of it as a soft creamy floral scene but it is more like a oriental spicy...still I like it:)
If you use it in moderation, it is beautiful.

Horrible fragrance! Smells over powering, ultra chemical and cheap. Never.

deeannek
deeannek

I had forgotten how much I like Poeme. I bought a "lot" recently and it had 2 mini Poeme's and I have been wearing the heck out of it since.I wonder why this is classfied floral though. I would call it an oriental. It opens musky on me and a smell a little bit of fruit. I guess maybe that is how the mimos and orange blossom come through. Besides aren't the base notes classic oriental?

Gingerwoman
Gingerwoman

I was given a mini of this and I liked it, really original and peppery. Lovely bottle, but I couldn't stop sneezing when I wore it. I was definitely allergic to this perfume!This is the only perfume I've ever experienced this with.
So I gave it to a friend.

DriHonne
DriHonne

Just got Poeme EDP sample and have been wearing it for two days. It develops nicely: flowery (orange blossom, jasmin and roses), woody and musky. Usually perfumes (EDT, EDP) have a long longevity in my skin. But Poeme fades away in 3 hours... I have a similar fragrance (Nazareno Gabrielli) and its staying power is great (over 12 hours).Did I get a bad sample? Or Poeme does not love me back? :-(

Emiraa
Emiraa

One of my first parfumes. Very elegant and precious, for special moments.
Smels very nice and feminine.

Norgirl
Norgirl

This is a much to strong parfyme for me . makes me sick at list on my skin . I no somone who this smells so nice on so i tryed my luck as well . .

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

This perfume is very complex, I could not detect any notes when I sniff on it. But the impression...oh wow, madame grande! It is very suitable for women who has self confidence and born to be madame! :)

deannab10
deannab10

I have wanted to try this fragrance for a long time. I finally bought a small bottle on eBay and wore it today...It is not what I expected, but I am not disappointed.

Poeme Lancome for Women is a warm, rich, luxurious fragrance. It is a lush golden scent for the woman who knows who she is. It is definitely not for little girls. It is a mature night out...dinner and theatre or the ballet. Because of its richness, I think it would be a very good cold weather fragrance. Not an everyday fume for me, but I really like it and will probably wear it on occasion.

On a side note: Poeme put me in mind of Avon's Rare Gold. So I think if you like this type of warm, golden fragrance and are on a budget, Avon's Rare Gold would be a great fragrance to try as well.

melimelo87
melimelo87

A classic scent I might say for me this is what a lady would smell like . I hate Chanel perfumes I think they all smell too " grannie like" and maybe they are classic and will always be but they aren't for everyone.
This instead is just right not too old not too young .
The bottle is pretty and classic even the color of the fragrance looks classic. I can smell the rose and the vanilla. Try it if you are bored of Chanel perfumes :)

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

I used to be the biggest poeme lover out there, and im sorry that i burned myself out on it mid-bottle. It has aged nicely on my dresser, and i will pass it on to someone who will give it more love. I think poeme is a classic beauty. Hour, after hour, after hour, of sweet fruits, and rich flowers, and right now i am thoroughly enjoying a long, slow, sweet, dry down. Its hard for me to pick out individual notes in poeme, something that is too rich for my taste just blocks everything else. It sadly went the way of euphoria for me, which i just used too much, and now i cannot wear them without a headache. Although, they do smell lovely on someone else. Farwell poeme, may you find love with another!

krissycat
krissycat

I love this scent! But very strange thing about this perfume. On one person I worked with, this was her signature scent and it smelled lovely on her. I suggested it to another co worker years later, and she bought it and on her it smelled terrible! Either you have the chemistry to wear this or not. If you do it smells absolutely incredible.

Parfumanka
Parfumanka

Oh,this is so cool little thing! Amazing. Indeed, very rich. To me - perfect for winter time. The scent is so cozy and exulting, reveals good memories - romantic evenings in nice restaurants, wonderful winter walks or dates with old friends. All the ingredients of the scent compose together a perfect creation.

mimosabee
mimosabee

I can see this as a signature perfume of some women. Definitely a mature smell... 35+ women... It is indeed a very rich and classy perfume but It does not work well with me. Gives me a headache if I smell more than 5 minutes.
Be aware if you suffer from migraine, this might trigger it (It did for me)

[ilaria_ions]
[ilaria_ions]

I was lucky enough to be able to try this thanks to Yourfoxiness.
It had all the predispositions not to be ''my cup of tea''.
First, produced in 1995.I was 12 then, guess everyone around me was wearing it,sure enough would bring some unwanted assosiations.
Second,'1001 ingridients'in it which almost always don't appeal to me.I'm more of a few-notes-blended-to-perfection type.
Love the fact that i was wrong like no other time in my life.
Poeme is out there.It's a statement of classiness, richness and indulgement with the perfect sweetness of a floral. It isn't shy at all but it doesn't suffocate.I'm amazed how sweet it is, especially cos 'floral' usually don't work the 'sweet way' on me. I guess i have to thank the fruits for being there as a true supporter of the flowers without making it
the dreded floral-fruity as we know today. Lasting power unbeliveable.
Few days ago a memeber was asking help choosing between Poeme and Tresor. I must run and tell her not to bother with Tresor.

sistertricked

This has become my N. 1 Floral perfume, as I am steering clearly away from girly fruity-florals (I must say that I like smelling them on someone else but I cannot stand them on me as the berry-like scents give me a headache). Poeme nearly did so to me the first time I tried it: there was way too much going on, the floral punch was almost deadly but the orange flowers got me. It resembled JPG's Classique, which I used to appreciate on a friend of mine, and besides, these two scents share the same creator, Cavallier, so that's where the similarity came from. I used Poeme for the whole summer when I used to sweat and take showers every now and then and then reaplied and so on ... it didn't get into my skin and I did not totally get into using Poeme once we got home to start work again. Now with the cold season I longed for it, as it sent me wafts from my wardrobe and I got beguiled. I took it up and realized that the problem I had with it was because of never letting it go through all its phases. When evening came and I got honey - vanilla - orange flowers from my pulses, I was converted. Now, after a bit while of using it, I noticed that my skin adapted to the juice, to the effect that it maintains the fruit cocktail characteristic for about 10 minutes after application and then starts to mellow down when vanilla comes out. This is what I further learned from using my Poeme:
- it settles into a powdery and peachy vanilla with honey;
- it adapts to the skin and creates a personal aura;
- it eventually settles into a close to skin scent;
- it has a dualistic behaviour: sometimes it is about bergamot and vanilla (like in B. Brit), sometimes it provides a peachy-orangey lift-up;
- it makes me think about and want my Beautiful, another honey floral I appreciate;
- it is worth waiting for the drydown before judging it;
- it it true that if you do not apply one day, you will still be fragrant from the day before.
Well, now Poeme has become my signature scent and the more I wear it the more I like it and it's the only thing I want on. I recommend more than one try before buying, as getting to know it is decisive.

Eleiria
Eleiria

Very, very, very feminine. Must be used very sparingly because it's deadly. Uber-great sillage; you'll leave a trail behind you in every step, the rooms you walked out will still smell like you even after a long time... Very long-lasting, you may forget to spray it the next day because you'll still be smelling. Not everyone can pull off this exquisite scent, it's very strong, heady and therefore, dangerous. I used this for a short time when I was young but I realized I couldn't pull it off and gave it to my mom. I began wearing it in the first place because my Chemistry teacher used to wear it at the time and we -a group of young girls- couldn't stop sniffing her all day; when she walked by me in the class, I clearly remember myself turning towards her and smile dreamily as if I was entranced.

In short -- Poéme is a game of dare. Beautiful and lush; try if you are sure of yourself.

mediterranean
mediterranean

I love it and I don´t care what Luta Turin says in his book. Strong yes,powerful yes, long lasting yes,like most worth things in life.Very good name, by the way. It matches perfectly the style and personality of the perfume.

cloyd42
cloyd42

It's odd to see the word "classic" used to describe this perfume when it's pretty definitely sui generis in its structure and presentation. The ingredients are high-quality florals and fruit notes found in many perfumes but the serial presentation instead of either the traditional layered or single-note perfume is, as far as I know, unique.
I generally don't like white florals since on me they tend to be cloying but this scent presents the notes singly and they come and go as the day goes on ("In the room the women come and go, speaking of Michaelangelo". It's both clever and exhilarating since it seems like you change your perfume as you move about. It never builds to a climax or resolves into a single base. The other thing I like about this perfume is it adapts to the environment: on a warm sunny day you get intoxicating plum and grapes (not listed but I definitely detect concord grapes); when it's cold you get an elegant floral that works day or evening.
Sillage: reasonably close
Duration: excellent, 10-12 hours for the perfume
Fabulosity: up there
8/10 (-1 for firing Isabella Rosselini because she's "old")

VKW
VKW

There's plenty to admire about Poeme, for all the reasons amply covered by other posters here. But for me, its distinctiveness is ultimately its downfall : it's all about the scent, which packs an awesome wallop. In effect it wears you. It probably does not reflect well on me to say so, but Poeme is one of those perfumes that, when I woman I disliked started wearing it (after having smelled and admired it on me!), I found I could not wear it again myself. Lest I sound selfish, there have been similar circumstances where a perfume could peacefully co-exist on two adversaries, but they were sublter.

romrom
romrom

To me poeme is a classic, very rich scent that should be used in the cold winter months. I love that it doesn't smell like any other fragrance out there. Today a new perfume comes out like every 10 minutes and the truth is that they all start to smell the same, but this one sure stands out,the beautiful jasmin, the sweet vanilla musk, just wonderful and the best part that it lasts and lasts.

AngelAnge
AngelAnge

I don't know how to describe this Poeme! Finding this perfume was just like a miracle for me. I spent years of trying to find my signature, and bought lots of perfumes not because I like to collect perfumes, but I actually didn't like any one of those I bought and got sick and bored of them. When I found this one 6 months ago,I didn't buy any other since!
This perfume is very indulging. It's like living in a garden filled with flowers and fruits and honey. It's very feminine, strong and with a statement kind of perfume.
It's really very unique. I love It and glad that I found it.

judeaqua
judeaqua

Its hard to decide whether you'd like Poeme for its persistence or hate it for everything else. I surely would never buy this one. To me its a strong thick synthetic bitter oriental with all the fiery Asian colours thrown in. I cannot identify the other notes except for just one deadly Tuberose dipped in ink, lying on Dracula's coffin waiting for his rise from sleep ! May not give you a headache but it can choke everyone around to death. So need to be thoughtful in its use. Some elder women may prefer it since its super strength will strangle any other odour on its way and there's this 'listen to me' attention commanding nature ! Very similar to Escada Margaretha Ley, Lomani Solitice and JPG Classique, few of the other pretentious, never-ending smells masquerading as scent. I deeply feel its not for me.

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

Poem is a very classic purfume, a rich combination of flowers. With the first spray, you can feel the 90s' chic, it's powdery yet so fresh and clean. Actually, with my unprofessional nose I can't identify each single flower from all the notes, but I guess it must be the Blue Poppy that makes the openning a little bit smoky and gothic. Some fruits can also be detected at first, but still, it's the beautiful flowers prevails all along.

Longevity is good, I can smell it even after a day's work, and it still smells so natural, not like some of current perfumes which may dry down to a artificial base.

In one word, Peom is an outstanding fragrance in Floral category in that time, and remains its divinity by now. I hope Lancome can maintain it well and let it continue forever. If you're a fan of classic floral perfumes, don't miss out on Poem.

Poeme is one of my go-to winter scents. It is both sweet and spicy, sophisticated and perfect for romance, evenings and special events. It is nicer as it wears on you....the first time I wore it, two women asked what scent I had on. In winter, I tend to warmer and headier fragrances - Poeme, Bulgari noir jasmin, (A new fave, I am very fond of Bulgari scents - Pour Femme all year and Omnia in fall...) Red Door, 24 Faubourg. Poeme is not a girly scent, I'd not recommend it to someone young and trendy, rather, it is elegance personified, opera rather than rock, Italy and France rather than Mexico. LOVE IT....but it gets put away once the snow melts for it is too heady and perhaps too mysterious to be appropriate for spring and summer wear.

Fujikutza
Fujikutza

Peach, black currant, plum and vanilla it's what i love in Poeme, Amarige and Venezia.

Strange, i could swear altogether is... CHAMOMILE,
but nobody says they use it.

So, i'm looking for some magic essence
that stays like the top notes of Poeme
- again and again and again -
never changes or faid away.

PS: Love Poeme.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I think I must just hate white florals because every time I try one I it doesn't end well.
This was so so strong, sharp enough to give me a headache. Yes, it is certainly a floral, but one that whallops you in the face. I do get a powdery smell to it and I think it would be nice once it was nearly worn of. Reminds me of Amarige. Which I also hate. But more than this one.
Totally not to my taste.

guest_Perfumefreak
guest_Perfumefreak

I fell in love with Poeme instantly when I first smelled it.
It's warm, tender and curious-like. Very long sillage, it stays on clothes for days and that makes me want more.
Just L-O-V-E-LY!!!

Anna_gr
Anna_gr

I tested it yesterday and can't stop thinking about it. It's just wonderful - flowers with honey.... So soft, tender and classy.
I have to have it and will not rest until I do!
In my opinion, Jacques Cavallier created a masterpiece!!!!

EDIT: Got it as a present from my DH (dear husband). It can easily become my signature. Now that I wear this I can smell similarity to Classique by Jean Paul Gaultier. Many of the notes are the same and they both were created by Jacques Cavallier. Poeme is more tender and fits daywear while Classique is bolder (must be the Pear note that I smell) and sexier and fits the night. Both are wonderful....

adele l
adele l

This is my favorite lancome by far- very sweet and floral but more suitable to cool weather. It is incredibly strong and best applied with a light hand otherwise it's too much. It smells very classic with a lovely vanilla/honey dry down-it's not spicy or powdery on my skin.

Ouch!
Ouch!

This starts out as a very heady floriental, too much could be a bit of an overkill. It has that sort of smell that alot of perfumes had at the time. Those strong, statement perfumes. This is one of the nicer one's though in my opinion. It smells a little bit exotic, like it has tinges of something arabian...or...Oud or something. I would say there's slightly too much going on in the opening but...persevere until drydown.

With my chemistry this scent turns into a beautiful sweet vanillary scent...completely different from the opening. It still holds the floriental, exotic vibe but now it's smothered in a sweet veil of vanilla and tonka.

This scent takes time, so...give it some and you might find you like it.

pansylady
pansylady

orange blossom

orange blossom

and orange blossom

(not that I'm complaining!)

Great sillage and longevity, by the way-so long-lasting, in fact, that I can still smell it 24 hours later, after a shower, despite having spritzed myself with J'Adore this morning!

MrsTefee
MrsTefee

POEME!!!!

This is the most beautiful floral fragrance! I have tested it yesterday and still dream about it today and it lasted FOREVER even after I showered there was still a faint smell on my wrist!

The is the first floral/sweet perfume I have found that doesnt smell of alcohol! It becomes very vanilla and sweet on me.

Paganfront
Paganfront

too heavy to wear!

Sissi
Sissi

If color had a scent Lancome Poeme
whould represent Dark Blue although the
liquid from this perfume is Gold and the
box is bright sunny Yellow.

The top notes/Opening note starts off
with hardiness of Leather a few seconds
later dries to an softer femenine note
of Blue Himalayan Poppies Succulant
Plum i can detect a note of sweet Blueberries and peach.

The Middle Notes. Turns a bit more floral fist of the leafy green notes what i also forgoten was the note
of orange blossom on the top notes after the harty leather comes the sweet
scents of freesia & Heliotrope the shy and Ellusive Rose and ylang ylang drifts
quitly though the scent.

The Basenotes dries to an dry woodsy
texture of Sandalwood with an musky
accord of the fire of the Tonka Bean
note Vanilla and the finishing touches
of Warm Amber.

this is an warm inviting scent i recomeneded for the winter months
it will be too heavy for summer and humid condidtions perfect for sitting
around the fireplace snuggling with a
good book kind of an perfume
a conforting scent.

xs
xs

I can describe this scent in one word: DEPRESSING. No, it does not smell bad but it is a very very sad perfume.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

This is a sweet pretty scent, very heady but in a nice way. It is very unified (but not one-dimensional), I cannot directly smell any one note. It is just rich, creamy & sweet. Very nice.

I wouldn't personally wear this perfume, it is too 90s for me but I can appreciate its beauty.

Mushana

You cannot be ignored while weraing this scent...........lovely!

I always loved the adverts with Juliet Binoche........

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

LASTS FOREVER! Not too many perfumes can hold their weight but this one can! I didn't like this at first but I have been like this with many of my perfumes before and then later try it and fall madly in love as I did with this scent. Im getting ready to buy a 3.4oz EDP, this is slightly costly but so well worth it-I DON'T HAVE TO REAPPLY IT EVERY TWO HOURS LIKE OTHER SCENTS! This is a very musky sultry floral.

Amethyststar
Amethyststar

I love honey in a perfume, so I tried a sample vial of this. At first I put too much on, it was overpowering and I had to wash it off. Next I tried just a drop--and THERE it was, the honey was rich and sweet and heavy, and then I got a somewhat smokey/floral mix. I would use this for a winter scent, much to heavy for summer.

meisha
meisha

This is my favorite scent among my collection because it makes me feel feminine and classy. The staying power is excellent! I have to use it rarely and sparingly because my husband thinks it smells like a granny. At 1 point the bus driver had to open his window (it's winter here) when I boarded the bus. I think I sprayed too much!

The_Entity
The_Entity

i bought this when i was 13, loved it ever since, powerful, unique frag, best for evening wear, id wear this on a date

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

I must say the Poeme is a captivating scent leaving one feeling touched and delighted.

I can see an elegantly dressed woman, perhaps a young lady of refined taste. She is surrounded with French furniture and is sitting down on a Rococo style chair.

Her long velvety dress gently ripples as she smiles with a freshly opened letter, a poem composed by a fine young man who has a passion for words and landscaping.

This perfume is special and well thought as a beautifully constructed poem that is whispered into my ear by a French gentleman.

pearlprincess
pearlprincess

This perfume first surprises with an interesting dark honey flavour that quickly becomes lightly smokey with the scents of ylang ylang, vanilla and jasmine slowly spreading after touching the skin and then develops a rich aroma of gardenia flowers that are far, far away. The dry down becomes more dark floral, with the blue flowers in the mixture along with the plum and peach artfully hidden behind a veil of vanilla and the tasteful tonka bean.

It is delicious and does not disappoint as a Lancome perfume, both strong and enchanting, highly recommended for those of you who love heavenly sweet but powdery garden scents.

Scent 10/10

Staying Power 10/10

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

this reminded me rather of yvresse in its composition, ie; a fruity sweet floral with no woody or dry notes to it- which is why it's a big no no for me.

mandashell
mandashell

A lush and beautifully complex floral. It really is stunning and I am not a floral girl at all. The scent is vibrant and bold but at the same time delicate and sweet. It is a powerhouse of a fragrance and should be used sparingly in the warmer months but would work extremely well the rest of the year. This may be the only truely floral fragrance that I would ever wear and own. So lucky to have received this sample from c3c because I had my heart set on purchasing Miracle but Poeme blows that one out of the water! I love this and it is going right on my wishlist. ;'D

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

It's a pretty floral, but because the ylang-ylang note is prominent on my skin, the fragrance is sharp to my nose and caused a headache. I will clarify that my chemistry is very uncooperative with ylang-ylang, when the note is noticeable.

Among all the perfumes i ever wore, this was what suits me most. Poetic as it's name suggests, sweet, powdery, oriental in it's way for the young and romantic at heart of any age. Seems simple at first, but it's not. It's rich and pleasantly heavy. Reminds me of boho chic style. Delicious. 12.21

Marisa36
Marisa36

Got a love/hate relationship with this fragrance. I can appreciate its beauty but I can't wear this again. Too heavy for me. I will always remember it fondly though.

a.k.a.warum
a.k.a.warum

Definitely yellow, definitely sunny, definitely honey! It's a beautiful honey scent, better than some that feature honey among the notes. But I can see how it's smells like honey yet is classified as floral. To me it smells like honey mixed up with flower pollen. I had stuff like that when I was a kid, and it was delicious, and the I can recognize this smell! I tried a sample (thanks c3c!) and ordered a mini -- perhaps, it will get to a full bottle one day.

Honey and pollen make the heart of the smell, but I loved the initial burst of flowers, it did remind me of L`elue by Remy Latour and I like how it become slightly waxy after several hours. Right now it smells like beeswax, 6.5 hours after I applied.

I applied very cautiously after reading the reviews, but no cloying effect, no headache -- just gentle smell of honey and pollen. I update the review when I apply with more generous hand!

nyoka
nyoka

in my profile,I put that i dont like it but,thats not entirely true.sometimes I do and sometimes I dont.Its odd it smells differently every time i ear it.Although I do get compliments on IT.I guess its a take it or leave it one.Just doesnt float my boat,as they say.

c3c
c3c

After having this on my test list for what seems like an eternity I have finally had a chance to try it! Was I disappointed? Of course not! And so I will now praise it the way so many others have...

Poeme is soft and warm with a tiny floral spark to it & a vanilla/honey style dry down that lasts and lasts. I can't pick out specific flowers but "yellow flowers" seems to fit perfectly as there is something slightly sunny afoot.
For me it's right along the lines in comfort, softness, and classic timelessness as Laura Biagiotti Tempore Donna & LB Venetia. Both of which I have and adore so inevitably this will be added to my collection.

I would say if you enjoy Venetia, Tempore Donna, and/or Roberto Cavalli Serpentine, there's a very strong chance you'll enjoy Poeme. So don't be like me and wait and wait and wait to try this lovely little gem.

Although I rarely wear it, I admire Lancome's POEME as a creation. This unabashed floral-oriental perfume has an integrity that I find lacking in many late twentieth-century perfumes and which explains, I believe, why no flankers of POEME have ever been produced. POEME needs no tweaking at all. The world doesn't need "Poemette," "Poeme leger," "Mon Poeme," "Reve de Poeme," "Poeme pourpre," etc. POEME is a perfume that will stand the test of time.

The opening is heavily floral, while the drydown is quite distinct and seems very oriental, in part because of the dominant floral note which somehow sneaks in to steal the show: the dark and mysterious neroli. The drydown is so spicy to my nose that I continue to believe--against all evidence--that clove must be among the basenotes, and this is perhaps why I rarely don POEME, since I have a low tolerance for clove, whether real or perceived.

My own idiosyncrasies notwithstanding, I believe that POEME is a real beauty for real lovers of real perfume. It goes perhaps without saying, then, that the edp is strong, even viscous, and should be applied lightly and not reapplied in order to avoid overwhelming the wearer and those nearby...

Poeme is a heavy, syrupy sweet white floral, and I absolutely love it!

I can't stop smelling this one. It's a bit like Dior's Poison but much lighter, not as dark and more casual.

I sense a lot of plum, tuberose, jasmine, orange blossom, vanilla, tonka bean and mimose in this fragrance. The white florals are quite honeyed. I picture Poeme as a thick liquid, trickling off my skin, it is in no way light, this fragrance is thick and intense.

It has a definite oriental feel, which makes me conclude that this is an oriental floral with class. Seeming that the opening is rather strong, it's probably best to apply this fragrance lightly or spray the scent into the air and walk through it. It could easily become headache-inducing and cloying if over-applied.

The scent lasts for ages which is really wonderful. Poeme appeals to me because I like fragrances of this nature, however for people that tend to dislike strong, heavy florals with a classic feel, this probably isn't for you.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Poeme is, as all Lancome fragrances are, polite and ladylike.

Flower notes are mixed with black currant and plum at the opening, resulting in not exactly the most pleasant smell for me. In this first hour of wearing it I was on the edge of claiming that this is really unpleasant perfume. The better part of Poeme arises right after that, when comforting vanilla provides powdery tone. The linearity and peacefulness of this perfume are its main characteristic. Lasting time is quite good, but silage is rather weak and in my opinion no one but the wearer itself can notice it.

I can`t help thinking that Poeme is missing something, probably woody or spice notes, and this “lack” of vividness makes this perfume dull.

MissLola
MissLola

Test it today, sorry, i don't like it at all, to strong, i compare it to Anais anais but the last one i like verry much !

jatzzie
jatzzie

Ugh, no likey at all! I love Lancome's fragrances in general but Poeme...Yea, no thanks, just not my cup of tea at all.Too strong and it has some I dunno "disturbing" note in it, which many "classic" fragrances tend to have, so yea Poeme is just not my thing at all.I was expecting Tresor to smell like Poeme, but turned to be the other way around. :D

Puppe
Puppe

This perfume is one of my favorites! It gives dependence and it brings me to another time...It is more than a few words can describe for those who like powerful perfumes. The edp is long lasting!

Robby1
Robby1

THIS IS A LOVELY perfume! Love it! This is probably the strongest and longest lasting perfume I have ever worn. It has to be used in small spritzes because it is nauseating if used too much, like if you've poured too much sugar into your tea and have to make a fresh cup. Also, it stimulates my appetite and I eat a tonne if I wear it too heavy...

GIVE ME A BREAK
GIVE ME A BREAK

I still haven t made up my mind about this one yet.It can last and last ad last...for days,even on me. Normally I have to 'bathe' in order to keep a smell on me!It s a very strange and strong smell.It s a love or hate perfume,it s feminine and it s a good idea to carry DEPON or an aspirine.If not for you,do it for the others! It makes the statement ''Notice me,notice me,notice me!''

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

First of all,there is a strong "incense note" that is nowhere to be found in the ingredients.
Secondly,this is a perfume that depends immensely on skin chemistry.
1)It can feel pretty sloppy and overwhelming,
2)on some people it smells similar to JPG classic-same nose behind them 2
and
3)on the right woman it can evolve to a soapy/spicy/glorious aura.

guest_tina
guest_tina

Thank you Lancome this is the best perfume of them all it is a sin to ask for a better one I am in love with Poeme for years I tried to use other ones but I had no choice but to go back to it .

I see so many similaritie between Poeme and Tresor.though they smell different,both are romantic and classic.
to me poeme smells exactly like honey on skin as it remains for 5 minutes.it's cool because the color of bottle matches this sweet,honey smelling.
I also can smell narcissus which is again yellow and sweet.
I'm not sure how would a poem smell like,but this one can become intoxicating and too sweet for those who don't like these groups of perfumes.it's not as mild as the name,though it's soft like honey.

catapult
catapult

too sweet. a friend of mine uses it and it gives me headache everyt,me , smell it. too warm and too playfull

SYDNEYGIRL
SYDNEYGIRL

i wore this on my wedding day in 1996. im so glad i did, it seems to have stood the test of time! i no longer wear it, but each time i buy something from lancome and there is little gift of it with purchase i always enjoy the memories it makes me think of when i smell it. its a 'lovely' smell and a very romantic fragrance.

guest_DEE
guest_DEE

I collect perfumes and in my collections, you'll find both light and strong ones, and the ones you can use depending on the season.
There are times I feel like wearing strong ones and when I feel like it, Poeme has to be it! A spray as it touches my skin, defines these words..romance..femininity..beauty..love.. WOMAN!
It is best at night time, going out for a romantic dinner with husband...etc
It really stays for hours. Some may find it too strong but not for me. This suits my body chemistry
Definitely worth the price tag

sevanya
sevanya

I could never imagine the perfume can be so intense! and the perfumes I always wear are not light at all. But this one was so sweet and heavy for me that I couldn't breathe and got a headache during first hour. Now 4 hours passed and it's not so strong, as for me it smells like honey. I can hardly imagine me wearing it although the smell has good quality and is well done.

guest_Papillon
guest_Papillon

This is the first perfume of my life.There are a lot of love and flowers especially special flowers such as Datura from desert and Poppy from Himalayan.Nothing I can say except my love to this perfume.My no.1 of all time.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

My friend wears this..I love the complexity of it, it smells delicious, and there is a hint of incense, but it is very bold/strong, so I don't know if I would wear it.

I so wanted to like and wear Pome when it came out... just not recently ;-)
I did like it then, because it was intensely floral, intoxicating, captivating and strange! It's what I call a "total floral". Unfortunetely is very very very sweet, too much and it contains something that gives me instant headache and nausea. I couldn't wear it without feeling pain in my head, especially on forehead. The simply truth is that Poeme is deeply cloying, no matter if good-smelling.

sunkist7957
sunkist7957

As the name suggests, Poeme always reminds me of classic love poetry. So beautiful and romantic. It is a scent that will make you feel loved and beautiful at the same time.

Poeme has a classical, strong, peculiar and delightfully pleasant fragrance. It is magical and has the ability to enhance your mood. Like myself, everytime I wear it, I'll simply feel like I am in love.

If you are looking for something unique and a signature scent, try this perfume. I assure you that you will get a lot of compliments every time you wear it.

I love you, Poeme

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

what i don't like about lancome perfumes is that the only person who can actually notice it is the person who wears it...but only for maximum an hour...afterwards, not even that person will be able to smell anything. they are way to weak for my tastes and for their prices...

benzippo
benzippo

Long lasting, excellent sillage and strong. A little goes a long way, so be cautious not to over-indulge with this juice.

As with most strong perfume, with the right dose, it will reveals its full splendor. Over doing it will end up choking as the consequence though.

Since perfumes has all to do with personal taste, where it is no exception for Poem, thus, is whether you loved it, liked it, just ok or simply can't stand it.

It was launched around the same time as Lauder's Pleasures and today, I personally felt that Poem has more character than Pleaures despite Pleasure has a higher ratings of popularity where both are equally unique on its own right.

CaraMia
CaraMia

At first sniff and for sometime thereafter all, and I mean ALL, I got from Poeme was grape jelly. Not currant, nut plum, not apricot but pure concord grape steeped in sugar and pectin.

Earlier this evening I reviewed Midnight Fantasy and said I thought the florals helped cut the sweetness. Poeme has florals galore but the orange blossom and Ylang keep the composition sweet and dark. The cedar in this one doesn't stand a chance.

A very deep, opaque and crepuscular "fruity floral" suitable for Rappaccini's daughter, but not for me.

veronique
veronique

If you're in love, this is for you. Sweet floral oriental, so romantic! Very long lasting, unique smell.

dani78
dani78

I fell in love with this scent yesterday. So gorgeous, deep and intoxicating… It is not only a poem; it’s a song of light and darkness, of sunny days and hot nights, of deep love and flirty affair. I love dualistic perfumes and Poeme is one of them. It can enjoy you with its warm sweetness but also can fatally seduce you with its deep bitterness. And this happens at the same time…

guest_£elda2
guest_£elda2

it is very femminine fragrance.everyone around you can notice it.i believe that is very romantic!

Emeraude
Emeraude

sweet and floral,if you like florals then test it,is really good,I wear it in spring...

dutch mickie
dutch mickie

if you know the smell, you recognise it anywhere. it's my favorite: a floral, somewhat woody, spicy, incencecy candy though not to sweet to be annoying

F_A
F_A

For me Poeme smells of the rose blossoms that are sinking in fresh honey. It is sharp, strong, rich, very feminine and romantic at the same time. A must try for those who love honey scent in fragrances.

barbiot35
barbiot35

I had poeme when i was at 2nd class in university, it smells too sweety for me now:(When i was a young college girl it smelled wonderful to me. In years it begins to being too much sugary:(
It will be a really good choice for teen girls i think!...

sapphire73
sapphire73

I want this perfume so much I even dream about it! The thing is, I've never even smelt the bleedin' thing before! I just have a gut feeling that I'll love it. It has a lot of my favourite smells in it, like; jasmine, mimosa, freesia, ylang-ylang, musk, amber etc. So I just know it's made for me, I just have to buy it!

I've finally tried it and it doesn't dissapoint, heavenly! I so want to buy a bottle, gonna have to save up now!

leababe10
leababe10

i got to sniff this purfume and put it on as well omg it is amazing i love it so much. i cant wait till i can offord this purfume.
this is one of my fav scents i have ever tried. love love love it ............

Innocent
Innocent

Personally for me, this fragrance is too feminine and the vanilla is very nauseating. I feel that it's a dated fragrance, my aunt would love this.

margierose
margierose

I love this fragrance. It's longlasting not too sweet but elegant and ladylike. Just such a treat to wear and will please the man in your life. I guarantee it will please you and everyone around you.

katyas
katyas

This was (another) gift from my mother-in-law, and I fell in love with it right off the bat. It has a lovely clear sweetness to it, with powdery soft touches of woods and spice that make it just irresistible to me. >edit< I have a small vial of the pure perfume, also, and yesterday between spraying the EDP and using the Perfume for touch-ups, I discovered just HOW long the scent can last. I put on a last spray at about 6 p.m. Friday evening and all the way through Saturday and well into Sunday I could STILL smell the scent on my wrist - a sweet, honeyed sandalwood scent. I am VERY impressed with the staying power of this perfume! >/edit< I have only about 1/2 bottle left, and that's mainly because I've been trying to stretch it out! I really like this one!

Gina
Gina

Modern classic I say. Its sophisticated and yet flirty. I think its warm, rich, deep and sumptuous scent. Convinced my mother to buy this scent so I could steal it! She doesn't usually like floral scents but i think its tart enough to win her over. Beautiful bottle to enclose a beautiful perfume.

Carla
Carla

Thanks to the generosity of Fragrantica I am enjoying this fine fragrance. The name suits it well as the the notes are evenly executed into three versus with the repetition on the scent of the orange.The language of flowers is very well represented in a composition that characterizes a feminine flavor with it's sweetness and floral attitude. The touch of tonka bean along with the flow of warm amber brings forth a vivid imagination to the wearer.The discreet drama portrayed in Poeme with it's unpretentious scent is pure liquid luxury. A fragrance worth owning.

Smauglius
Smauglius

Leesee, what an intereseting opinion :))
For me Poeme is full of honey from start to drydown :))And not for very young girls. It's so funny how different noses accept the same fragrance differently.

Leesee
Leesee

Lancome's Poeme is a rosy, fruity, confectionary fragrance that seems to be aimed toward the 25 and under crowd. The scent has good sillage (a spray or two will last one nicely for hours), and a lovely, powdery drydown. A word of caution is in order though: the drydown does tend to emphasize the vanilla sugar notes, so some may find it a bit cloying. Still, while Poeme is not in the same league as heavy-hitters like Magie and Tresor, it is nonetheless a fun, frilly, and ultimately harmless scent with far more pluses than minuses on its scorecard.

ANTIPARFUM
ANTIPARFUM

I try this perfume today and I was surprise by the sweetness of this lasting fragrance. Very good for daily time. It's definitively one of my favorite's classic fragnance and I feel very feminine and sensual with it.

Taliera

There is something "exciting" in this fragrance - it gives me a burst of joyful energy. Ahh... I think it's the peach. I had exactly the same reaction to Dolce & Gabbanna's "The One", and discovered it was the peach... (And I ended up getting it :) ) But Poeme has a dry-down which I think is quite ordinary.
I will have to try it again - to do it justice.

camila
camila

Simlpy words: Clasic, and one of the favorites from lancome. I love this parfum, specialy when i m feeling relax and esasy like a sunday morning.

Aysu
Aysu

I love this perfume! gives me a romantic, feminine mood.. it is a very sweet scent, but not a girlie and cheap one.. feels like you smell a honey jar, I also feel mimosa notes very strong.. soo lovely..

azuriiita
azuriiita

One of my first perfumes. Tuberose, vanilla and rose are three scents that are very pretty and undeniably presents in this fragrance...
it's feminine and delightful.

PR
PR

Poeme perfume is on the heavier side, which is nothing bad in itself. The smell is not too bad and it lasts, but it is not the perfume I would like to buy

klonk
klonk

I think it's just a bit too much of everything. After about 8 hours, when the smell is just some sort of a whisper of all the notes left on my skin, I really like it...

scalaczek
scalaczek

Just love it: some say, it's a better version of SL's Fleur d'Oranger. There's nothing funny in this scent, nothing ironic, it's more like a red colored migraine. The tuberose is nuisance like a impulse, brain wave, that makes people writing poems. For me - masterpiece.

Nuppu
Nuppu

I do think that Poeme have something common with Poison, they both are strong, thick "florals" and full of everything. I do like Poison better, but Poeme isn't bad either.

liat
liat

My mother uses it for centuries. When I was a girl I once sprayed it on me and went out to school.
On my way home I was chased by a giant hornet that seemed to think it was tasty.
Well, not for me it isn't.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Poem... but heavy and thick. In this fragrance classified as flower, probably grow Flowers of Bad... For me Poeme Lancome's is definitively too hard and too stuffy.

Sensuos
Sensuos

I like this perfume... one of my first perfumes, one of my first choices!
Verry nice and long lasting!
I agree with solocha, it smells good only after a longer while...

guest_Asian
guest_Asian

This is my first perfume that I used.I
can't explain about that but it makes me
crazy and happy when I'm wearing.I buy it a lot because it's my trademark.I fell in love with it.I always spray at night or fall cause maybe it too strong in summer and daytime.Every time there
are at least one person come to me and
say "you're really nice smell".It's reminds me about past.My no.1 fragrance!

solocha
solocha

i like this perfume, it smells good only after a longer while though.

elgab89
elgab89

Loved it when it came out. I still like it. So many choices, so little time.

2007

NORDSTROM.com
Parfum
Lancome 'Poeme' Parfum Spray
Lancome 'Poeme' Parfum Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lancome Poeme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lancome Poeme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Poeme by Lancome. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Poeme by Lancome represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.