Designers » L » Oriental Floral « Groups

Tresor Lancome for women

Tresor Lancome for women Videos Tresor Lancome for women Videos
Tresor Lancome for women Pictures Tresor Lancome for women Pictures Tresor Lancome for women Pictures Tresor Lancome for women Pictures Tresor Lancome for women Pictures

Tresor is a treasure among perfume creations (‘tresor’ in French means ‘treasure’). It is one of the best-selling and most popular perfumes in the world. This exceptionally warm floral-oriental has a very fine and elegant composition made of rose, heliotrope, orris, apricot and iris. It was created in 1990. The nose behind this fragrance is Sophia Grojsman.

Pineapple Lilac Peach Apricot Blossom Lily-of-the-Valley Bergamot Rose

Love Spell

Tresor Fragrance Reviews

moonprismpower
moonprismpower

I seriously hate this. It smells violently of alcohol, hairspray and some kind of fake gross fruit that does not even come close to smelling like peach or apricot but is supposed to. It reminds me a lot of one of those body sprays from Victoria's Secret, possibly Love Spell. Honestly, all I could think was that it smelled really cheap and chemical, and the bottle felt cheap in my hand like it was made of a thick plastic rather than glass. I don't usually outright hate a perfume but this stuff is truly cheap-smelling and awful, it is just not a quality product.

nanapalooza
nanapalooza

I have the perfumed body lotion, and I don't like it at all. :( This is incredibly strong, and I can never use the lotion on my hands/arms because it gives me a headache. On first impression it's sickly sweet, obnoxious, and reminiscent of rotting fruit. Even my friends said I smelled too strong and needed to "tone down the perfume", and I wasn't wearing any!

leathermountain
leathermountain

Fizzy peachy aldehyde plus sweet powder up top and into the heart. At this point we have a sweet powdery version of Mecheri Peau de Peche or Micallef Rouge No. 1. Early in the base, a subtle leather note appears, growling intensely but quietly from a dark corner. Earning my respect.

leschoux
leschoux

I inherited the an old bottle from 1991 from my mother, who warned me that "it's something for older folks". While it's true, I still find it enjoyable to wear this in the evening.

Trésor handles itself like a classic should: it's rich, bold and provocative. Like many outstanding scents, it demands you to take side: either you love it or hate it. Many people I know can't take Trésor. I personally adore it, even though it wasn't really love at first whiff. I was younger when I first smelled it and I decided to save it for when I got older, which turned to be a wise choice.

I love the opening the most, even though the dry-down is also wonderful. It opens loud and bold with a lot of powdery scent. It's also heavily floral. Strangely enough I don't smell much fruit here, not even after the top notes fade away. It's a very rich perfume and you need to be careful to not let it wear you instead of the other way around, just like how you treat other excellent perfumes with lots of personalities (think Opium, Manifesto, Chanel no 5 or Hermes's Un Jardin en Méditerranée). Longevity and sillage are, of course, excellent. More than what you ever bargain for.

Overall, to me this is a very likeable perfume with lots of qualities to boast. It's bold. It's beautiful. It's brilliant. The only downside is that it probably suits only older audiences--younger ones may risk smelling like their mothers. Still, if you're mature enough to wear this and it works with your chemistry, Trésor will be a vanity table staple. If it doesn't, however, take note that you'll probably find yourself hating it.

parfum de l'amour
parfum de l'amour

An initial succulent feel bursts within minutes after the first spritz. At one time, I owned the highly coveted "Femme" and I remember vividly that what struck me about it was the same fruity succulence that the peach in the composition is without doubt responsible for. Contrarily to "Femme", "Tresor" evolves into a smooth scent with smouldering sweetness. I think this is one of those perfumes that succeeds in bringing out the beauty of sandalwood. I don't know of many scents that accomplish a clear, very distinguishable sandalwood finish.

Grown up, yes. This is as womanly as it gets. It's something I also said about "Poeme" in the recent time. However, this one somehow fits a more generous age range (say from mid 20s to 50s). It doesn't give way to the sunny playfulness that "Poeme" exudes. "Tresor" reminds me of much more things related to womanhood other than gaining self-confidence or professional fulfillment, such as motherhood and marriage. It has an overall conforting feel, like mom's presence when you where little, like your long term partner's hug, like relaxing on a sunny afternoon at home. It's a scent that many women can enjoy wearing.

gawerika
gawerika

This was my first niche perfume bought back in the early twenties and wearing me made me feel chic!!
I still appreciate it in very small doses during fall or winter on a cozy night around the fire but I would reserve it for years beyond forty when I have achieved a lot as this fragrance is best suited for accomplished, polished and sophisticated women otherwise it can smell dated. Just MHO...

ememha
ememha

I had my first bottle in the nineties and got so many compliments everytime i wore it. I really loved the smell. I do not know if my body chemistry changed or if they changed something about the perfume. But when i bought a new bottle a few years ago after the first one was finished, it did not smell the same. Overwhelmingly, cloyingly sweet. And i had the feeling it was so strong that i was pissing everybody off who came near me. Very sad but the bottle stands lonely and practically unused on the shelf.

raunchy
raunchy

I still love this lady, love for all of time..

Beccaru
Beccaru

Two words - utterly delightful!

Sylvie-Aus
Sylvie-Aus

It is warm Fragrance & I agree with " feeling safe " statement. I enjoy wearing it on a winter day! I found it quite sweet & fruity. Not overpowering but is long lasting.

laurakaye
laurakaye

Sampling Tresor for the first time tonight, and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

I'm sampling this from a tiny dab bottle from Surrender to Chance. When I saw the "fruity floral" description, I was a little confused, because I get the sweetness, but it's a warm, elegant sweetness. To me, this is an evening out, in heels and a dress with a cashmere scarf...or a very soft sweatshirt and well-worn jeans.

On my next department store trip, I'm going to have to try a couple of spritzes before I decide to buy, but the warmth and sweetness is just delicious to me.

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

Ma peau ne fait ressortir que l'abricot de ce petit bijou de la parfumerie française et uniquement l'abricot. Mais un abricot habillé de soie et de fleurs.
A tel point qu'il fait soliflore "abricot" !! Si ! Si !
Et je vous le donne en mille : je n'aime pas les parfums fruités !! hé oui !!! Très très belle composition surtout pour l'extrait, très aérien et légèrement poudré.
Parfum pour jeune fille et non pas pour une mature comme moi....

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

Multi-faceted and elegant. I'm not a big fan of purple florals (iris, lilac, heliotrope). Plus, there's musk, which suffocates most perfumes in my opinion. The fruits and rose that manage to get through, however, are nice and unique.

Whereas this has an "expensive" smell like, say, Organza or even Black Orchid, the musk makes it smoky and almost leathery. A perfume with this many ingredients perhaps should not smell like a fragrant cigarette.

Still, a memorable perfume. I am going back and forth on the verdict.

alice_fotini
alice_fotini

It's been long since I had a signature perfume, and Tresor would make a good option. I am in love with it.

It is flowery and fruity (rose & iris, peach) which might sound boring, however the smokey-sharp base notes of amber & sandalwood bring depth, elegance, an aura of mystery and seductiveness. Tresor is truly a classy perfume. Along with a few others (Allure by Chanel, for instance) I consider it to be the epitome of the French perfume.

All the notes are perfectly balanced, nothing is overbearing nor boring. A very elegant, feminine and uplifting scent.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

i'm redoing my review of tresor. this scent was released when i was in junior high or high school and i wore it a lot in high school. i really loved it then, but at some point grew tired of it and we parted ways. however, recently my tastes have been expanding, so i decided to give it another try and got a sample on ebay.

tresor is a lovely, warm apricot-floral scent. i am normally not a fan of super fruity scents, but this is tart enough not to bother me and is backed up by enough amber to ground it some. i think it's a little sharper than i remember. so that could be due to a change in formulation, my skin chemistry changing or my bad memory. or all three ;)

when i smell my wrist, the peach is a bit too sharp and strong, but the scent is gorgeous when i smell it wafting around me. with all those candy-sweet scents on the streets, tresor seems refreshing in a way.

Lillitth
Lillitth

Tresor is a beautiful perfume. I love the top notes and when it starts to dry down it has a beautiful peppery smokey undertone. It's a nice soft switch from my usually jasmine heavy perfumes I tend to favor. I find it very intriguing, but unfortunately it simply doesn't last on me. I might try it with the lotion to see if that helps the longevity.

Daughter
Daughter

Tresór l'eau de Parfum is delicious, but it is also too sweet and complicated in my opinion. I wouldn't wear it. It furthermore reminds me a lot of people I used to know a long time ago who wore it continuosly since it stands out and is a very recognicable classic.

Olfactorily, there is something nice about it too. I do love the fresh peach, very much actually, and the romantic drydown, but it's still too sweet and complicated. And memory wise, for me, it's a no go, since I knew people from my past who used to wear it, that I otherwise don't think about anymore. This scent brings a strong association to those people with it, I just can't help it.

All in all, it is better than most other complicated scents from the same period, that I smelled. I do imagine, though, that some young brave women of today still could fall very much in love with it if they'd like to wear something feminine and special, and don't mind sweet. There is something very precious about it.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

Review for the vintage Tresor 1990's

I wore this perfume for my wedding. This version of Tresor was gorgeous. I was 22 and the scent fit my age well. I hate to say it but the new version is a train wreck with a weak likeness to the original but it can't touch it. If you are able to get your hands on a vintage bottle or sample give it a try. The fragrance is very sexy and unique and rich. I am sad to see negative reviews as they are often of the new version which pales in comparison to the original.

darksome
darksome

A classic.

Rewiev for the EDP. Very fruity but in a such refined and sophisticated way. Woman that love fruity/floral scents, but want to smell mature, elegant, minimalistic, even a little vintage must own it.
Smell of Tresor sometimes reminds me on the ink, used in ballpoint pens - earthy/woody, slightly bitter, but also fruity sweet. Someone on Fragrantica even once said it reminds her on the smell of coal, probably because of the earty dusty aura.

Tresor is sweet and cozy, but there's something in this scent that makes it a little cold, out of reach, inaccessible and mysterious... still, it manages to make the wearer at the same time admiringly elegant and desired.

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

is it me or has the quality of tresor changed? i have an older vintage bottle from the 90's and this stuff is thick,juicy,floral peach richness of intense 90's powerhouse serious fragrance...it is wonderful and it is not modern to me whatsoever but when i tried it at the stores it seemed so much weaker and the notes less of itself..oh if they have changed this i will have to go back to vintage as i didn't get the overwhelming omph when i was at the counter that i get from my bottle..i think i am spoiled with 80/90's fragrances that unless the fragrance is just spectacular like Shalimar or Poison i am not impressed anymore...

Lilah Veil
Lilah Veil

Exactly why I LOVE it! based on review right below) EDIT 5-2104 - That review has been down rated and removed I suppose. The one below mine now is not the review I was referring to on original post which described it as "women over 35" and "generic, powdery, floral potting soil."

Afterall, women over 35 can't help but adore smelling like generic, powdery, floral potting soil. Depends undergarments, mothballs and rotten cedar too. Don't forget those. Your review just helped me decide on the largest edp I can find. It will surely be my new signature. I can't wait.

It's perfectly fine to not like Tresor.. but are you serious? Have you sampled the vintage 90's version, the original? It's damn gorgeous as it gets. Vintage Tresor is bright and sparkly... like it's name "treasure", and one of the silkiest, richest, finest, classiest perfumes in the world (my opinion). The composition is so well blended it is hard to detect particular notes. The rose in Tresor is velvetty and phenomenally special. Using blue/purple florals rather than yellow the mix is exquisite. I love the smell of but cannot tolerate wearing yellow florals such as Poeme without a feeling of nausea and suffocation. Ironically both Lancôme masterpieces, seems there is a likeness in composition; well rounded, masterfully blended, both intensely ripe in the perfect way... Tresor is amber/gold in color but has a rose/lilac/orris smell. Though beautiful, Poeme is completely yellow and overwhelming to/on me as in the way of feeling as if I have fallen into a casket of honeysuckle nectar and buried alive in it. It stifles while Tresor breathes in enough fresh green somewhere to offset the burial feeling. The two are different scents and my intent was not a comparison review but an assessment of yellow floral vs purple on my skin and to my nose.

I smell a lovely carnation in Tresor though it is not listed. It is sweet as can be in a decadently rich, super femme fatale glamorous way and it is concentrated. Using lightly is suggested. Sillage is forever.

I am working on my own fragrance for the younger women who decide which way a woman should smell at a certain age. It is comprised of only three notes; none of that complex 35+ stuff - Fruit Loops, cotton candy and marshmallows with a possible hint of bubblegum. (Still undecided on that as yet; a toss-up between bubblegum and Skittles).

It will be called "Tinkerbell Sensuelle" or "Lollipop Lolita". Enjoy! ;)

valbona.bergman
valbona.bergman

Lovely on the bottle but on my wrist ended up smelling like a thick rubbery material while being exposed to heat! Such a pitty, because i loved this scent ,but not on me.

greeneyedsoul
greeneyedsoul

I don't know why but I purchased a 1 oz bottle of this directly from Lancome and it has absolutely no holding power or longevity for me. Don't know about sillage. Have heard no one say. This disappoints me because when I had a sample, it seemed to last better. I love Tresor. It had to "grow" on me. It smelled like somebody pooted on my arm the very first spray...ha ha ha. But now it smells like a peach cigar to me....so wonderfully 90s...like red lipstick and fingernail polish. I love it. I just wish I didn't have to spray it 8-9 times to even be able to smell it on myself. Disappointment. :(

sacha-grey
sacha-grey

My nose feels fooled, it smells balmy, minty, rose, powdery, musky. Some of the notes I got. Maybe it's that strong lavender mixed with something. Quite an interesting composition but not much to my liking or of others. It's also really strong and of course long lasting like all of lancome fragrances.

jeannette_84
jeannette_84

I bought this because it reminds me of when I was younger. My mums friend had it and I really liked it. But now 20 years later I really don't like it. I think it's because the rose comes out too strong on me. And I can't stand the rose-smell in some fragrances.

loada82
loada82

It is so intense, but classic.

LisaMari
LisaMari

Starts out a pretty and warm floral with a slight saltiness but then it dries down too powdery and just smells like sherbet - rose sherbet...

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

There are so many reviews for this scent, I was on the fence if it needs one more, but here we go anyway.

The opening is blue, lilac, calm and then the White Rose jumps out. It quickly blends with Iris and Heliotrope to form a nice, soft, floral bouquet. Not too loud. There is a nice Sandalwood note in the background. The heart has more of the warm and sweet, peachiness with a strong dose of Apricot Blossom. The pairing of the peach with lily of the valley and lilac prevents it from getting tooth achingly sweet. The sandalwood is still in the background anchoring the entire thing. The dry-down is all Amber and Vanilla over the sandalwood base. It's smooth and creamy.

This scent has a great evolution on the skin and never gets boring. The balance between the florals and peachiness is well done so that the scent never gets overly sweet or gourmand and it has good projection and longevity. A really well done balance of sweet and floral.

Octoberamy
Octoberamy

I don't like this one, can't put my finger on exactly why, though. It's fruity, and floral, which I usually like, it just doesnt mix right, there is something medicinal about the scent. I love the Midnight Rose version, though.

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

Replaced Magnifique - smells very similar, but not as good! :(

Misspermata
Misspermata

It's tolerable. (ok I'm being a little harsh)
It's pleasant. When I first apply it, I smell fruitiness and floral notes to it, which I like. And then, I get this powdery whiff to it -which is the downside of this to me.

archivist
archivist

This review is based on a 2012 sealed manufacturer sample spray. In the first few minutes, I get a very pronounced dry, spicy vetiver with a peachy/nectariney vibe. It smells creamy in the sense that there's something in it that literally smells like lanolin and rosewater hand cream, which is kind of neat. On the drydown, the vetiver and nectarine/rose stay in a nice balance. The creamy/lotiony smell is a little off-center for me, because I associate the scent with having freshly moisturized hands, and it's weird to have this strong smell but still feel like my skin doesn't have lotion on it. It's a pleasant scent, and I like the butchy dimension of the spicy vetiver on the late drydown, but after the top notes have fizzed off, this is a very dry and masculine scent. I'm not sure a guy would want to wear it because of the lotiony vibe, though.

lanuitblanche
lanuitblanche

I have beautiful memories of this one being a teenager in the 90s, why oh why is it different for me now?? :-( I got a vintage mini spray, and was so excited about it... But when I put it on, it was extremely chemical. It's like having an apricot dessert pastry, when the cafe is about to close, and the staff starts to mop the floor before closing time using that chemical floor wash... You want to enjoy your dessert that you know has always been delicious, but the floor wash attacks you from every corner of the cafe, and you end up feeling like you're eating a chemical dessert. I must find a fresher batch maybe?? Really sad about this one.

nyalta77
nyalta77

Since my first whiff of Tresor in the 90's, I have been a die hard fan!!
No other fragrance is it's like; simply elegant...tres jolie... But very powerful!!
All fragrances from the era were...the end of the 80's... it was expected... it was the trend at the time...
I love the extreme lady-like quality of the perfume, it secretes and oozes femininity. It is as it's name sake, a Treasure, which should be treated and respected as such.
For me it is like Chocolate Eclairs, I love them too but I wouldn't want to eat them all the time...
Still, a true classic, a representation of all that it means to be " La Femme " :)

Ginger1111
Ginger1111

I am glad I didn't buy this and only had a free spray sample vial of it because I didn't like it at all it reminds me of victoria's secret rapture which I also didn't like.

harrypotter99
harrypotter99

eterno, una costruzione complicata e geniale, come sempre senza parole, un tocco di haute couture, ogni giorno !!!

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

Reviewing EDP here.

For such a strong peach/apricot centered fragrance, Tresor still really much is an oriental floral and not a fruity floral as one could think by looking at the pyramid... or by smelling the first few minutes of its development. I believe there is a big difference between edt and edp. The edp has a lovely peachy wood base that keeps the perfume from smelling like a... well, a synthetic peach candy. This is "floral fruity" before the floral fruity era. Complex and filled with more classical flowers: lilac, LOTV, rose, jasmine... for long I've dismissed this scent as too PC or too "stereotyped". I always thought, it is missing so many things I usually look for "something": austerity, sass, intellect, mystery, serenity, playfulness, innocence... all my many moods. Tresor has none of these for me. So what is Tresor? It is a woman's scent that will remind you of whoever wears it. A blended perfume that is recognizable but not groundbreaking. Actually, it is iconic in this way that it will never be considered mind-shattering or provocative. Lancome clearly had a plan when they made this and they have succeeded. I mean, look at the ads. The choice of model... the whole look. I find the new flanker's ad with Penelope Cruz very odd.... really?? Penelope Cruz? She is way too hot and wild looking for Tresor... any Tresor.

I secretly called Tresor a " 90s Soccer mom perfume" before, as if it was a bad thing. It's not. Moms who take their kids out to play sports are great and people love them for their sociable, outgoing personalities. Just like Tresor.

Sadly, as much as I wish I was a happy soccer mom, I am not, so this little bottle will be going back to the stores. Someone else will give it the love it deserves.

Lycie
Lycie

I know many find this perfume too strong and fruity and it can be a bit much if applied with a heavy hand. I like to spray once and walk into it. This way it isn't overwhelming and the scent isn't concentrated in one spot. I get the apricot notes, lovely rose and amber. Love this perfume but again it can be very strong. Use sparingly to truly enjoy it.

Lakambini
Lakambini

What more can I add to all the praise heaped upon this beauty...? Tresor is Tresor. It is voluptuous -- juicy-peachy, elegant-powdery, and sensual-sandalwood in the drydown. I've always kept a respectful distance from Tresor, finding it too ladylike for much of my GenX years and beyond, but now that I'm older I feel up to the challenge; a single spritz and you lose your slouch, you begin digging around in your make-up bowl for the luscious red lipstick; you turn all at once into a lady.

plohni
plohni

I have a good friend who for a time wore this alot. I couldnt stand to be in the same room with her , it was so sickly sweet, like a bouquet of flowers from a celebration that someone brought home and it had been around too long and started to rot. I just coudnt tell my friend that it nauseated me . I think it was too powdery maybe too much orris root. she hasn't worn it in a while and frankly Im relieved!

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

This isn't technically a review... But I just read in my Allure magazine that this is the fragrance that Penelope Cruz can't live without. I tell you what, if Tresor adds even a fraction of the sex appeal that Penelope has, I would wear this for any occasion that called for a little confidence ;)

chrissyc15
chrissyc15

This fragrance is very "old" smelling. I cannot for the life of me understand why it is categorized as a "sweet" smell. It actually smells VERY spicy and powdery on me. The sandalwood, musk, and amber are extremely prevalent in this fragrance. I am definitely not a fan! I smell absolutely no fruits or vanillas in this perfume. It almost smells to masculine.

LoveForYMCMB
LoveForYMCMB

So, I got a tresor mini for christmas. And this is one of the more ''mature'' fragrances of my collection. It's warm, not fruity on me, but floral with a hint of peach. It's a woman's fragrance, young peeps won't understand it.

Clws
Clws

I just got a sample of Tresor with my Christmas gifts. I thought I had never smelled it before, but of course when I sprayed it on I realized I had smelled many women wearing it! It is a very warm, fruity fragrance on me, maybe even a little boozy. Not my cup of tea, but still a very expensive smelling frag.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Lancome Tresor is a classic fragrance! Considering it was created in 1990, I feel like you can definitely tell it’s from the 90's time period, it has that distinct “dated” scent to it that was so prominent during the 90's. There’s a mature sophistication about Tresor with its fresh rose, sweet fruits, and sandalwood. I can pick up on the lilac in the dry down and to me this fragrance doesn’t say “old lady”. It’s classy, but young at heart!

GodlyGil
GodlyGil

This fragrance comes *this* close to smelling old, but the fruit notes pull it back. I like it, but not enough to spend my money on a full bottle. Will stick to samples I get with purchases.

Can't believe this was best selling perfumes! To my nose it is totally nauseating. Very strong powder and nothing more. Don't like it even on blotter, and on my skin it is worse, really awful.
What is interesting, I love - Tresor in love.
Why these two fragrances share part of name, I have no idea. They have nothing in common.

pipergirl
pipergirl

This is a soft, elegant and utterly feminine floral/peach/vanilla. Very, very pretty. Would be gorgeous both day and night.

Sushikat
Sushikat

On me this just smells like baby shampoo. It's not unpleasant, but not what I'm looking for in a perfume.

kyl77
kyl77

Tresor is a beautiful sweet, apricot rose scent with a touch of vanilla. It reminds me a bit of the smell of expensive bath powder or vintage lipstick. Highly feminine, Tresor isn't for everyone. If you prefer the current celebrity endorsed waterly florals or light unisex scents, you will probably hate Tresor. That said, Tresor is the perfect scent for a woman who wants to project a sense of femininity and romance.

Vanessa Dunlap
Vanessa Dunlap

Ah yes, this always takes me back to the very early 1990s...which is not a bad thing at all. There is something addicting about this fragrance! It reminds me of where I lived at the time and the people I worked and played with. It reminds me of a lipstick I loved to wear because it (almost) matched the color of my hair (at the time, I had my hair colored to resemble a deep merlot, so that if you held a glass of wine next to my head, my hair color would match it)(I think it was a Lancome lipstick, it had a deep mauve color, I can't remember the name of it, but if you have hazel or green eyes and fair skin, it will make you look electric!). Sorry, I digress. One sniff of Tresor and I had to have it. I smelled like a big fat apricot, when I wore it, but I didn't care! I felt as beautiful as Isabella Rossellini, and that's a "mission accomplished" for a perfume! I haven't worn it in several years. I hope it has stayed true to its original formula.
PS: I now remember the name of the lipstick! It was "Mauvette" by Lancome, in the L'Absolu Rouge line. I think Lancome no longer makes it.

Musky4
Musky4

I bought Tresor when it was first launched and thought it was just the most beautiful, romantic fragrance ever. I still remember those little scented fabric rose petals at the Lancome counter...
Many years later I became nostalgic about Tresor and decided to buy it again. I've had my current bottle a couple of years now and sadly it's hardly been used. I know it could be that my body chemistry has changed, but to me Tresor smells much harsher than it used to. It seems to have lost that powdery feel that I so loved about it. It starts off very strong but doesn't develop into the softer, sensual scent I remember so well. The cynic in me thinks that Tresor was reformulated before Lancome brought out the 'lighter' versions, but none can match the original vintage Tresor in my opinion. Such a shame.

debush
debush

sensual, classic scent!

tania.sedik
tania.sedik

Smells like fallen leaves in the most elegant possible way.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

Like smelling dried petals, some of which were reduced to ash. I like it, but I think it reminds me too much of things cathing fire in the dry semi-arid climate of my city. Just writing this review has made me thirsty

Fonna2
Fonna2

I bought this for my sister for a Christmas gift. Well, I must say she has good taste.

What a beautiful harmony of a perfume.
It truly smells like peaches and apricots, the one s right off the tree, not canned in syrupy sweetness.

The flowers are in the background changing from rose to lily to jasmine, and all the while the scent of peaches and apricot takes the center stage.
If I had to wear a fruit fragrance, this would be it.

vv1978
vv1978

Tresor always gave my perfume samples from the Lancome Cosmetic gift sets away. Unfortunately for me many women I worked with bathed in it. ugghhhh something in it is very fake and does not smell natural, annoying strong long lasting in my top ten of please don't come near me wearing that. not pleasant

gracenote-floralspice
gracenote-floralspice

What a sad story for me with this fragrance. Not sure if it was the bottle I bought on a sad evening leaving Paris, the fragrance bought at Charles De Gaule duty free. However, on me this just would not last. It disappeared. I was so sad. Perhaps the pineapple does not agree with my skin? I am not sure. Sad all round.

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

Oriental depth and power without the spice. I love it but it is so strong that even I (someone who loves heavy fragrances) haven't been game to get it again! I tested it again recently and the saleswoman said to me "once a Tresor woman, always a Tresor woman". She may be right, there is something that draws you back to it everytime, whether you buy it or not.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

If you enjoy the peach from ExClamation; the rose from Tocade; and the vanilla from YSL Vanilla Noire, you will enjoy Tresor. While I like peach, rose and vanilla, I don't like this particular style of those notes. I find it to have that strange plastic doll scent, along with something like turpentine. It's also powdery and peppery, and with a stony amberic note. Its strange and unique, but I'm not enjoying it.

maemaeri
maemaeri

Tresor why?! I wanted to like you so badly! But you gave me a huge headache and you made dizzy.

I know this is considered a floral fragrance but to me it's very spicy. It must be my body chemsitry combining with the notes which made this a very warm and strong spicy perfume and I am not a fan of that kind of fragrance. Tresor is a very classic perfume in my opinion.

However, I do have to say that this pefume does get me a lot of compliments especually from guys who are a bit older and mature. Also, the bottle is to die for.
With that said, after I am done with my bottle I would not repurchase.

Artemis145
Artemis145

I loved this as a teenager, nowadays it induces headaches. Sadly!

IsaIsabella

I have noticed that Tresor testers smell differently at different stores - perhaps some have turned? My initial sniff was one that was horribly pungent and bitter. Thinking back, I could have sniffed something that has turned.
Tresor is a liquor-like honeyed liquid of peach and rose. A little 'old school' but classy, opulent and rich.

mcredpers
mcredpers

My review is actually for an oil based perfume "type" as purchased from the highly rated Etsy seller OpulentAlchemy which I recognize as being pretty darn spot on because *blast from the unremembered past!*, I have definitely smelled this before, many times. Total 90's nostalgia in a bottle; even if I can't remember the context the scent is remarkable and memorable.
The awesome thing about Sophia Grojsman's perfumes is that even if the scent isn't my "type" I still can appreciate it. She has a really unique way of combining fruits and florals, and everything I've smelled of her offerings has screamed class. Tresor brings to mind a sophisticated, mature, and soft hearted woman that loves to be romanced and will value her family and friends above all else. Yes, the woman in my image is grandmotherly, but I relate it more to the maturity of the fragrance than by age.
On my skin Tresor's peach is more alcoholic sweet than dessert, with a powdery rose background. Something about it is so warm and comforting, that even though I can't picture wearing this out and about I find it wonderful for sleeping, as if being safely wrapped in a hug from my beloved grandmother.
I can picture this scent growing with me as I grow myself.

Pink_Ruffles
Pink_Ruffles

To me, Tresor is a high-class, professional woman. She doesn't need to be loved by others as she, herself, loves unconditionally. Those who have spent enough time with Lady Tresor love her most for her radiant, irresistible warmth and charisma that resides under her lady-like demeanor.

priyalugus
priyalugus

This perfume sends a shriek of disgust + nausea through me. It smells like $1.49 drug-store perfume. I've tried to understand the appeal here, but can't.

andabri
andabri

This smells like a roses (maybe yellow or white, not pink or red) and a branch of apricot blossoms. A whole branch, not just the flowers, but the leaves and bark as well; the sweetness of the blossom, the sharp bitter scent of bark, and the green scent of leaves. Then I get a sharp lilac scent mixed in. It smell's like an old fashioned perfume.

Doesn't mesh well with my chemistry, it's shows up too green and harsh mixed with an old perfume smell. The powder doesn't show up on my skin at all, which I think would have definitely softened the whole scent up, and made it more likeable.

sandra9
sandra9

My mom loves it. I just find it nauseous.

stormyla
stormyla

I've never been able to understand the popularity of this scent. When it first came out, the strength was overpowering and it immediately turned me off. Back then the scent had a sour note to it that I no longer detect in the more recent formulations.

Every now and then I try to wear Tresor. Today's Tresor is more wearable for me, but where before I found it mildly unpleasant, now it just seems lackluster.

I'm glad that so many people can enjoy this fragrance, I'm just not one of them.

LolaLoCer
LolaLoCer

This was given to me a long time ago from a boss who didn't like the smell. I love the peach/musky smell and it's lasting power. It has a slight similar smell to Dior hypnotic Poison, but with a more floral and citrus twist. I wish I still had this perfume, it was so lovely to wear in the fall and winter and it had it's own sexyness about it. This isn't a smell for very young, it's a slightly mature smell but still playful for those woman in their mid twenties and thirties. I just love this smell! So sexy, romantic, and classic.

evesoho
evesoho

Very strange, this perfume showed up in my dream last night... sitting on a friend's bedroom dresser, she said I could try it. I wanted to but didn't, and told her that I was already wearing perfume. The bottle was more like Miracle, although Tresor was scripted in pink across the front.

I've never tried Tresor. Now I plan to! This is the first "perfume dream" I've ever dreamt featuring a specific perfume - so it already has that distinction.

Update: I tested it at The Bay today - oh my goodness I know this scent exactly. My mom's best friend, whose daughter was also my childhood best friend, wore this for years and years. Also, many others wore it, I know, because I remember constantly looking around for Mrs. S. all over the place whenever the scent was in the air! I like this perfume because of the good memories and good person I associate with it, but in the end it's too fruity for me to want to wear myself.

BetsyMeszaros
BetsyMeszaros

I've never cared for Tresor. But every now and then I re-try something I don't particularly like. Today in ULTA I saw two bottles of Tresor. I assume the large one was EDT and the smaller one was EDP. I tried them both. There is absolutely no comparison. The EDT smelled like rubbing alcohol. The EDP had this most wonderful sweet peach aroma. It was almost intoxicating. Someone gave me the whole set for Christmas one year. I intend to dig it out and try wearing it for a day. If it smells like the smaller bottle in ULTA it's a keeper for sure.

Even my husband thought the large bottle smelled like carburator cleaner.

mediterranean
mediterranean

Smelling Tresor was like bumping into an old love and finding out you still hold a candle for him after so long. It was the perfume I wore after my wedding 20 years ago and my husband´s favourite.
It holds beautiful memories of our first years together and now when we are about to celebrate our silver aniversary(25 years, seems incredible),wearing it makes me feel somethings(and some men) are worth keeping.

Cybernoir
Cybernoir

Lancome Tresor is something of an enigma. Some characterize it as uninspired and unoriginal, but paradoxically recommend Tresor as a safe blind buy or good choice for gifting to others, precisely because it is inoffensive. Unfortunately, many others describe Tresor as suffocating, headache-inducing, overwhelming and offensive. It is the best known, and best selling Lancome, but if you look at the graphical representation on Fragrantica of those that Love, Like, or Dislike Tresor, it is striking how many people dislike this fragrance. Perhaps, then, not a good blind buy or gift.

So, is it boring? A perfume that garners dislike and love is capable of inspiring passion, and if it inspires passion, it can hardly be described as boring. Generally, those that perceive Tresor as dull describe a generic rose and jasmine floral. Those that describe Tresor as suffocating usually describe an overripe musky fruity floral.

On me, it is neither and both. It opens with a juicy, overripe peach, paired with a soft, sweet apricot blossom that emphasizes the peachy sweetness. There is a moment when the peach combines with a sweet, honey-like lilac, and a subtle but very sweet pineapple, taking it right to the edge of unbearable sweetness; but, on me, never really going over that line.

It feels like the end of Summer farmer's market, with peaches, apricots, and nectarines piled high in the sun. At my farmer's market there is a family that sells whole, cored pineapples, they core them on the spot, and the air around their booth smells of ripe juicy pineapple. That is Tresor, a fresh, not too sour or sweet pineapple, combined with end-of-summer peaches to create a strong ripe fruit accord. The bergamot helps to keep it light, countering the sweet fruit and giving it a little spicy kick.

The florals are there in the opening, but soft. The Lily of the Valley gives it a little soapy note, and also reinforces the non-soapy, but "clean" nuance of the apricot blossom. The rose is lemony, powdery, pink, and a little musky, and combines beautifully with the peach to create a peachy rosy floral. There is a lovely jasmine note, perhaps from the lilac, and altogether it is complex, contradictory, nuanced and rounded. There is more going on in the opening of Tresor than most fragrances have in their entire pyramid.

If Tresor is all about the roses, it is when the heart begins to bloom, that the rose comes front stage. This rose is darker and more velvety than the subtle pink rose that opened. It is a smoky rose, backed by a clear, strong jasmine and a powdery, earthy iris. The heliotrope creates the magic, giving a vanilla nuance to the floral accord. While the jasmine lends a heady and intense potency to the soft rosy florals, Tresor remains a soft, elegant affair.

And then, suddenly, as the base develops: Fruit? Here comes the peach again, this time backed by apricot, this time floating in a thick vanilla liqueur. Ambery, musky, and a nice dose of sandalwood to anchor the finale. I love the musky drydown, which adds to the powdery, bitter iris note still lingering from the orris root and iris. On me, I get a little amaretto from the apricot, which blends with the amber to give a boozy, sweet warmth that makes it very cozy.

This is a beautiful composition, full of surprises and feints, redundancy and reiteration, all coming together to make a perfume that is more than the sum of it's many parts.

Tresor gel is not the best body care product I have experienced: it makes great bubbles, but not so much aroma. The lotion, however, is divine. A little muskier than the perfume, it wears close to the skin and is unabashedly sexy. The pure parfum is less sweet on me, less silage, but good longevity, compared to the EDP.

biki

Not my cup of tea, but an easy-to-wear one, lovely and informal, wouldn't be surprised to get many compliments if i ever wanted to wear it. Well-done.

WildDove
WildDove

For me, Tresor is a late summer into early autumn scent, a lush abundance of apricot and peach with rose, amber, and vanilla. A little bit can be enchanting on the right chemistry.

Lilii
Lilii

I smelled it from the bottle today and I already started dreaming about it... romantic and feminine.

esther12234
esther12234

First of all do not test this fragrance on the blotting paper . When u apply it on skin it's one fragrance and on paper completely different .
On paper it's sweet vanilla -peach-rose-apricot.
When u would apply it on your skin magical iso e super which contain that fragrance would change the compostion in the different way -it's start to be more woody-peach-apricot , more velvety .As all fragrances which contains vanilla -it does longlasting and has a good trail . But I dislike the composition on my skin . I love it on paper .

millie1980
millie1980

I was disappointed, because Tresor is supposed to be a modern classic. It was overwhelmingly jasmine on my skin, with the other notes only faintly present in the background. By the time some of the other notes were more prominent in the drydown, it had almost completely faded! What a shame.

anamalia
anamalia

at first spray tresor for me is very incense like and the sandalwood and cedar are very strong, but they mellowed out and a sweet powedery floral/fruit emerged.

Tresor, to me, is a rare apricot fragrance that doesn't turn super syrupy. I actually find it quite powdery and floral. I also don't seem to get much rose.
Perhaps it's lack of sticky sweetness is because I'm getting more apricot blossom than apricot fruit. In addition to apricot blossom I find heliotrope and iris quite prominent.
Tresor is sweet, but mature. Lily of the valley gives it an 80's / 90's vibe. Which makes sense because it came out in 1990.
Having tried this, Kenzo Kashaya and Exclamation I get what people mean when they say something has Sophia Grojsman's signature. She does peach/apricot in a way that is unique to her.

Rizaldo
Rizaldo

This is one of the most offensive fragrances I have had the misfortune to smell - it's cloying, sickly and makes me feel headachy. Really unpleasant.

maneki_neko

I've reviewed and owned Tresor before. I spritzed a little on a card last week when I was shopping just for memory's sake. What WONDERFUL peach and apricot. I don't think I ever appreciated them as much as I did right then even when I wore this fragrance. I never got screechy fruit, smells-like-a-bag-of-peach-rings from Tresor. The vanilla comes through just a touch more on me, so I suppose it kept the fruits from becoming too uppity. No spices on me here at all. I totally see the Skintimate shave gel comparison, too--the powder element is quite close.

I just love Tresor. It's sensual.

Public service announcement: heavy sillage, longetivity like a Duracel battery. Little goes a long way. : )

jessamine
jessamine

This is the first real perfume I wore, starting when I wad fifteen. I remember looking for scents in the mall and taking home a scented fabric leaf. I thought it smelled a little strange at first, spicy and woody, especially to my young nose. But I've learned that if something smells nice and sweet at first sniff, it will get old quick. (The princess scents come to mind.) Tresor isn't confined to any one time in my life because I've always had it and sprayed it on from time to time. It goes well with cardigans and pearls. It is a true classic scent. I spritz it when I want to feel comforted. When life gets out of control, Tresor helps me remember who I am. That's how much it means to me.

Paintedlily
Paintedlily

This, I believe, is an extremely similar scent to Skintimate Shave Gel (the one in the pink can). It took me a minute to remember, but all of a sudden I was transported back to my youth when I was beginning to shave my legs and test out the waters of womanhood.

It's a soft powdery floral (rose, jasmine) with a hint of peach. A tiny bit of sandalwood gives the warmth to allude to the end of Summer. I'm not normally fond of fragrances that have powder as a considerable portion, but this is really lovely.

lovelyephemera
lovelyephemera

Smoky, spicy warmth on first application, it's like a very sheer transfer of men's cologne after a long embrace, layered over something soft and feminine. Incredibly sexy, but mature. Retains its character beautifully throughout the drydown, softened by a powdery vanilla. I've had a long standing affair with Trésor, and I plan to continue it.

Aina Harryna
Aina Harryna

I try this perfume in perfumes shop. Nice smell and elegent. Long lasting. Better mood and love it. I hope I get it.

megenz
megenz

Tresor is the kind of girl who comes across all ballsy but is really a sweet heart when you get to know her.

At first hit she’s smoky and heady but gets you at the end of the sniff with her sweetness.

She’s a grown-up girl that doesn’t suffer trends lightly. She’s treats comments about her age with contempt, rolling her eyes and flicking her head into the opposite direction.

Tresor isn’t for me, but I do admire her for her strength and being one of those identifiable fragrances.

bailarina
bailarina

I Love this little treasure because it reminds of the time when I was a young girl and my auntie gave me a mini. I loved it at first sniff and I still love it 20 years later. To me it didn't smell that fruity but more on the oriental side. I don't own it anymore because one of my friends hates it, but check this out: She hates it, not because it stinks, but because her husband's ex-wife used to wear it.

Na0
Na0

Well... I HATE it ... in the bottle.
I HATE it ... when old ladies seem to throw the entire bottle on them.

But.

When women with the good skin chimestry for it know how to spray and dose it, it becomes a wonderful scent.

BEWARE, ladies, it's very difficult to enhance it, but if you can, well, it will be marvelous. Otherwise, it will stinks a lot.

Smell : 3 / 5
Versatility : 5 / 5
Longevity : 5 / 5
Projection : 5 / 5

Overall : 18 / 20

Assiduosity
Assiduosity

Tresor by Lancome may not be quite precious enough to live up to the promise of its name, but it is an elegant and adult scent that rewards the attention afforded it.

It is a perfume that puts pay to the notion that all fruits notes must be sugary sweet nothings: this is a complex composition imbued with a strong sense of recollection.

It is often said that this is a Summer smell, I would contend that it has much more of Autumn about it, of a drawing in of the harvest and taking stock.

Everything starts with a large fruit note that succeeds in neither being too cloying nor sweet nor, indeed, fresh.

This is a preserved fruit fragrance and for all that is undeniably peachy, there is element, perhaps in the interplay with a muguet that is definitely discernible, that creates the impression of cantaloupe melon or very ripe conference pear.

Beyond this is copious apricot, though created once again in a confit form. Indeed there is alcoholic element to this central section that makes one think of fruits floating in formidably strong Mittel-Eurpoean liqueurs, like specimens in formaldehyde.

Even the rose which forms the fragrance’s other main theme seems suspended in a very fine fruit jelly.
Gradually first the rose and then the apricot dissipate and, the floral scented jam all consumed we are left with a dry down that is a little disappointing in its vanilla and sandalwood predictability.

In the final account, Tresor is an excellent confiture.

An olfactory aide memoire for soft fruit and velvet roses.

Yet as with all preserves, it calls to mind the past and leaves one longing for the real thing that it can never quite be.

**********

A gentleman is as likely to take jam on his bread as a lady.

PerfumedBrunette
PerfumedBrunette

Delicious! A treasure, indeed. Perfection, in an ocean of mediocrity. For this gem as well as many others, thank you, Ms. Grojsman!

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

Again, love-hate relationship. I love the sweetness and the maturity of it but sometimes it tips the scale towards 2 old. None the less, i cant stay away from it to save my life... LOL I must buy it again =)

aschiffm
aschiffm

I think this is very nice. Vanilla oriental floral, peachy pineappl-y. It smelled a little spicy and dense on me when I first sprayed it (not sure why!) but then got wayy softer and subdued with the soft vanilla and peachyness.

I can see why it's so popular because it's an easy to please regular soft oriental. But I don't think it's anything to go crazy about. Also my boyfriend didn't like it, probably thought it was too heady/perfumy when first sprayed.

Heady, bitter, nauseating.

Or did I try out a spoilt bottle?

Ingapetra
Ingapetra

What can I say....I felt in love with this perfume when I was 18 and still I am after 15 years ... I had forgoten it for a long time but now its again between my top 5 favorites. Its sweet, sensual, rosy and peachy....just works wonderfull with my skin chemistry especialy now: In March in French Alps- period between winter and spring.

rosembloom
rosembloom

I have recieved this little treasure as a gift and fell in love. Obviously, Sohia Grojsman is behind it with her beloved jammy notes of apricot and peach! I can almost detect honneydew melon in there that smooths it out but it is probably the pineapple which I notice. Ever so yummy and feminine! Clasy and sophisticated in an understated way and slighty powdery like marzipan powder. I love to wear Trésor at around this time of year when I need some Spring fruitiness and some Winter cozyness. It blends so well with my skin and leaves a honeyed fruity trail behind me. And that Rose!!! Which Rose is it I wonder?.. It is a soft and fresh one but it projects so well that it almost has this Bulgarian Rose spicey note. It does disapear rather quickly as it merges with the other notes but the light spiciness remains. It is indeed warm! Like a sweet hug from a woman u love. The florals here are tame and delightful: Lilly-of-the-Valley, Lilac, Apricot Blossom and Iris are soft and tender, reminding me that the sun is about to warm up these cold days and filling my senses with fresh optimism that boost my spirits. The apricot-peach nectar is present , even all the way to the drydown. Then, when the honeyed fruit and fresh florals merge with the drydown, it creates a magical aura around me ... Smell the color gold! . The drydown is very long lasting to my delight! I smell sweet vanilla, milky Sandalwood a bit of White Musk and then Amber settles down , warming up my heart. I insist : this must contain honey! lol... I highly reccomend if you want a perfume that suits in between seasons and that has a strong projection and great longevity. It does remind me of Volupté from Oscar de la Renta. But classier and so well rounded. I am in love with this gift! thanx hon!

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

warm, seductive, sensuous, and absolutely beautiful!!

freddinos
freddinos

Oh my, this will teach me never to blind buy a perfume again. Apologies in advance to all the Tresor fans, I know perfume is such a personal matter... But honestly, this was not at all what I thought it would be, or what I remembered from 20 years ago when my friend was wearing it. Maybe it's my own chemistry, but it smells almost well.. revolting.When I take a deep sniff it's almost like bad body odour, not at all pleasant! It's one of the few perfumes that made me physically nauseous. Better luck next (blind) time!

mina.cabaleiro
mina.cabaleiro

I bought it in a bid, was the best option at that time, but nothing memorable, is discreet, sweet, but would not buy again

wendyyparty
wendyyparty

Yesterday I went to a perfume shop and tried Tresor on my left arm, La Vie Est Belle on my right, and Chanel Coco Mademoiselle on the back of my hand.

A little too much? Well the selling agent even warned me I'd get the scents all mixed up but I just know I wouldn't, for I always ignore the opening and only focus on the drydown, those close-to-skin scents.

Amongst those three, Tresor was the only one that has earned my respect; I found Coco Mademoiselle to be more like a car refresher, and La Vie Est Belle was nothing but a typical floral gourmand perfume that turned out to be sickly sweet for my taste (no offense to those who love the two perfumes, I'm just writing my honest opinion after all)

I'm not saying I'd love to wear Tresor... This is one gorgeous scent that I am aware of her beauty, her charisma, her personality. But she's just not for me... not a type of woman I want to spend my time with if you know what I mean.

cecfor
cecfor

This is my third review. The first two which I now delete were based on my mini which is a turned one. I have now tried it in two shops after that. One of them also a turned one. The last tester was full and the color was more dense than the two turned ones. Well it is not as awful as I thought from the turned ones. But it is still not as it used to be. It lacks the soft sweetness and roundness I remember and there is still a harsh and bitter undertone which is too evident for me to wear. This really annoys me now, and I used to like it so much. Clearly there must have been reformulations along the way. So sad.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

I know people love this. I can't wear it. The peach/apricot notes make me absolutely nauseous to the core. I love the smell of it on other people. I like the scent of it on the paper tester blotter & my husband even bought me a whole coffret one year that I had to return because once the juice hits my skin, it smells like soured milk on a baby burp rag. If you can wear this....bravo! I know this is a wonderful scent with the right chemistry!
xo

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

My Mother wears this, and it smells heavenly on her! Fruity, floral, feminine... just lovely! On me, however, it smells horrid. Try this one on your skin before you buy!!

loonad

received this for valentine's day from my dearest husband.i find this to be a classic scent.i love it and so does my hubby.

watsonisthename
watsonisthename

My mom has worn this since it first came out 23 years ago. And every time I get a whiff of it, it brings me back to my childhood. Initially on first spritz, I think it smells disgusting. But obviously it worked with her body chemistry and not mine. The rose is what stands out on her and gives off a soft femininity to the strong perfume.
I wish I could wear this scent, but unfortunately I smell like what an 80 year old in a velour tracksuit playing slots would wear.
Alas, it's still nice to get a whiff when she walks past.

4scents
4scents

Rich in rose with a sexy undertone that is hard to define. I purchased this on a whim years ago because it was Lancome...It was tempting, tasteful and turned tragic as the floral elegance unfolded. The classy apricot scent was pushed aside very quickly on me leaving everyone near and around me with headaches. I wished I could have worn this timeless sophisticated scent better to do it justice but on me it was just way to strong.

karenrobert
karenrobert

this is my sister's fav scent. She loves this stuff. It's very strong and potent. For the best effect, use sparingly. My sister has a body odor problem and this is strong enough to cover odor issues. It's not a bad scent if you are not migraine prone. It smells like a powdery rosey vintage perfume. It's quite a sophisticated scent. If you are into fragrances made 30+ years ago, you might like this one. If you are into fruity sweet stuff , run as fast as you can.

Daisydukes
Daisydukes

This is not one to blind buy. It is not a "simple" scent by any means. I should like this one, based on the notes. Sadly on me it is a no. If you can wear this one, it is unlike any other IMO.

teilani
teilani

While not exactly the perfect scent for me (others are my signatures), it is still a very good one that I am happy to wear. The sweetness is more lush than syrup on me and how the bases linger is ... enticing. This is not over the top in any particular way, has a low sillsge (a good thing to me as I do not care for scents that announce my presence like trumpets) and lasts well - more than 12 hours. This is one that I wear as an alternative to Gucci Accenti.

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

Smells sooooooooooooo good. Reminds me of my mum a lot cause she wears this :) I wouldn't say you should be wearing this if you're under 25. Its a very classy and mature floral gourmand :)

Turbo-Rose
Turbo-Rose

Tresor is probably the first mature fruity fragrance I've come across... I love it ! It's a very fall/winter fragrance, probably more suited for the night but it could be very day as well. I also find that it has a honey quality to it. My favourite Lancome fragrance :)

loonad

in my very humble opinion,i find this to be quite woody with a bit of an oriental side to it.i find it to be suited for winter.

brigita0315
brigita0315

Classical,special,feminine.Long lasting.Very intense at the begining,bit too strong for me but with a very nice change in hours,not sweet.Unigue rich smell so I always recognize it when somebody wear it.Not everybody can like it,i agree,but i love it!!

miss mills
miss mills

Sickly sweet, nauseatingly so on me and instant headache, unfortunately. People seem to love it or hate it, I know a few people who have this as their signature scent (even sniffing it on them is only ok for me if we're outdoors, indoors it is way too cloying) but this is definitely a no go zone for me...is it really a floriental? All I get is fruit and sugar syrup from this concoction. Ick. A real shame for me, I love so many of Sophia Grojsman's other beautiful creations, maybe I should give it another go sometime, my feelings could change?

sZIG

This perfume really confuses me! I am wearing it today and when i first put it on it smelt disgiusting- it literally smelt like celery on my skin! But then my friend said to me "you smell sooooo nice" so then i was really confused!!

Personally this is my least favorite lancome perfume but you might want to try it anyway seeing as my friend liked it! I would call it a warm scent for more maure women.

Snowfairy
Snowfairy

Potpourri in a bottle but a hundred times stronger. NO...just save your money

PNBP
PNBP

my mom is addicted to this perfume. she even stores 2,3 bottles at home and even lotion. i ask her to change perfume like i alw do (i use 4,5 perfumes) but she said "no" haha. she juz loves it. Once i tried using it to go to school..i only spray a small amount on my 2 wrists..nothing more but when i first stepped into my class,the fan spread it even further more...(so if i sprayed it fully on my body,what would happened?xD) then my friends looked at me...u know,we dont usually smell our own perfume when we use it but i can even smell it tho i only sprayed it on my wrist. what a powerful perfume. i like it cuz it's not too old,it's still suitable for young women :D

Tsukinohime
Tsukinohime

After years of putting this one back on the shelves in favor of other frangrances, I finally went home with a 50ml (1.7 fl oz) bottle of the EDP, since it was available as a limited edition giftset. For some reason, this fragrance is only available (at least in my place I guess) in a 30ml or 100ml bottle, but I rarely buy perfumes in this amount as I consider the former too little and the latter too much. When I saw that this was a 50ml, I decided this was the time for me to try this, so here it goes:

To me it is the most wearable contemporary classic fragrance ever. It is a surprisingly soft rose floral scent with tinges of powder and woodiness to it. At first the floral notes dominates, but later a certain fruitiness starts to settle in. It is very pleasant. It adds a youthful note to this otherwise mature fragrance. This I believe is what makes this beautiful fragrance wearable for both young and old. The drydown is very powdery woody on me. Sillage I would say is moderate to enormous. If sprayed in just the right amount, it would definitely catch the attention of at least 3 to 4 people sitting around you. Longevity is very good, as are all the other Lancome fragrances (on me that is!). Depending on how much one is using, it could last anywhere between 8 to 12 hours. A very elegantly composed and techincally able fragrance I would say. It has comforting feeling that is hardpressed to explain. A je ne sais quoi charm, as the French would put it. It was (and still is) my mom favorite fragrance and now it is mine. It is indeed a timeless treasure, and the name is very well chosen. The image of the triangular bottle, the deep amber colored juice, and last but not least the beautiful Isabella Rosselini will be forever ingrained in my mind as I think of this masterpiece.

lemontreelime12
lemontreelime12

More floral than expected. But nice.

mar-gosha
mar-gosha

Actually, I like this one. At first spray it seems kind of strong and stays so for some time, but on the dry down it's just heavenly! So soft, warm, slightly powdery peachy-vanilla scent, so yummy... In my opinion is best suitable for more mature women, in their 30's - 40's. Men seem to love it.

Shone
Shone

I wanted to love it because my husband loves it. There is something about it that hits the back of my sinuses with a very harsh metallic scent. I just can't wear it.

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

وای فقط بگویم کدامین انسان میتواند از این همه بوها مست کننده بگذرد.

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

I do not usually pay attention to women's fragrances, but I smelled this as I was making a purchase of La Vie Est Belle (delicious and lovely) at the Lancome counter. Tresor is one of the most appealing fragrances I have ever experienced. It is fresh and floral, alluring and haunting, and decidedly refined. I chose to purchase La Vie because it is a newer fragrance and the bottle is very attractive. All of the women's fragrances by this company are first-rate, especially Miracle for women, another enchanting beauty. I wish they would create a Tresor for men!

princessoftarts
princessoftarts

This is like BAM amber. Amazing. Deep, rich, sophisticated. Very potent and last a long time.

Mickey Tollerraine
Mickey Tollerraine

This perfume is suitable for winter and for women between the ages 30-50. It's very long-lasting, but as i said heavy. furthermore,i liked Tresor's body lotion much more, you can use it alone as a perfume that is lighter version of tresor EDP.

Jonayla
Jonayla

This was my first scent what I bought myself in early 90`s. I love it and use it many bottle. Then I forget it. I try this one again couple years ago and I didn`t like it at all. It smelled weird, like a bouquet of rotting flowers. I was surprised, because it contains the components what I still like roses, jasmine, vanilla and amber. Maybe they have changed it of the years.

jadejoann4
jadejoann4

Dry powdery. I don't smell any pineapple at all as listed above. Maybe some floral? Rose? It's ok. A little dated and granny

topharrow
topharrow

My brother gave this to me as a gift. It is heavier than what I usually like. It is overall full of florals with a powdery dry down. I really don't get the fruity notes or sweetness that others seem to smell. I would classify this as a light oriental scent. I like it but it is not my favorite. It is what I go to when I run out of my fresh scents. My brother actually wears it himself from time to time. Should give you an idea of how heavy it is.

cloverstatic
cloverstatic

This was my signature perfume from 18 years until about 26, when I started playing with different scents. I loved this perfume, womanly, sexy, and perfect on my skin any weather or season. I had soooo many compliments from men. Now, I don't know what changed, either my skin chemistry or the perfume has been reformulated. The first smell seems like before, for a moment, then it changes. Like an identical twin who looks the same but has different facial expressions than her sister.... It no longer smells as good, where are all the deep sexy florals from before?... and the drydown now is pure powder on me like an old woman... ew. I actually grieved the loss of my perfume that for half my life was a part of me.

Sammie7
Sammie7

Very pretty and classy fragrance! Just seems like I can not smell it after awhile. Others tell me they can smell it! I gather it softly fades away!

ailishlu
ailishlu

ok I'm writing this review before I read any of the others, which isn't always the case. This particular Lancome holds special memories for me of carefree days and I could possibly be a bit biased towards it. 1990 sounds right to me, but I could never be sure when this first came out. I never actually owned it but a friend of mine at university wore this on a daily basis, and I sometimes used to borrow it from her. It was so beautiful on her. Now back in 2012 I was surprised to see this gem still available. I managed to get a sample and I'm wearing it now. I decided to wait for the whole day to pass before I write my review. I've actually had to spray twice today. which wouldn't have been the case in 1990. The first blast is strong and immediately reminds me of Wrigley's Juicy Fruit gum. Don't get me wrong, I used to like that particular gum, but not as a perfume. Well, this is not what I remember but I'm going to stick it out. As the day wore on I could barely smell it and I only got a stong grainy, smokey scent with a hint of fruit. Well nothing really special I thought. After having my second shower before going out this evening, I renewed the perfume and I got a different experience from the first spray, This time I still got strong and grainy, but a beautiful sweet bouquet followed it. I couldn't understand how it could smell so different from before. As the evening wore on I could feel it getting stronger and mingling with my body sweat. What a beautiful fruity, slightly sweet and powdery scent. How could I possibly have found this unpleasant at the beginning? As I sit writing this it is late in the evening and I am surrounded by this beautiful scent and it's still as strong. This is certainly not the same scent that I remember from the 90s, but it is still very lovely. When I first applied it I thought I would never buy this, but now I am reconsidering. You just can't go wrong with Sophia Grojsman creations. Simply lovely.

francesfragrance
francesfragrance

There's something in this fragrance that smells just wrong. Cant describe it, I think it's a classy smell but that 'something' is quite unpleasant to me.

bkblan
bkblan

It's nice and when I feel like smelling like an apricot, I wear it.

Lumiere
Lumiere

It's a beautiful fragrance , but since i found it so similar to Volupte by Oscar de la Renta and I have it and love it-I saw no need to have almost identic perfume IMHO

pushya
pushya

When I was at college it was my signature scent. My friends can't wear it in hot days because it's a bit sweet but it is perfect for my body chemistry and I wear it cool summer nights or hot suny days too. I love it's bright peachy sweetness and powdery drydown..

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

Ok....nobody does rose like this perfumer. It's an excellent French perfume. I have bought this as gifts in the past bit never really loved it. However, now I absolutely love it. I think its very pretty. It does kind of smell like lancome cosmetics in a way. I smell a lot of Victorian type rose on my skin. Very ladylike and like a love story in a dusty book.......I only am wearing a squirt and a half and I can't see this offending anyone. I am going to get the lotion next because I have heard its divine and uo the squirts to two squirts. I think this is very pretty. I think this is quite good.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

Was my fave at one point and time but I have moved on I find this too sweet (too much violet) and my partner dislikes it. I am more of a spicy oriental fan these days. But this is one of the most gorgeous fragrances of all the times nonetheless.

Buckshot
Buckshot

Simply beautiful! but had to move on.

s_athena
s_athena

My mother got a mini bottle sample in a Lancome gift bag when it first came out, and when she hated the scent she gave it to me to play with. I would spray it on my Barbie dolls, since it smelled too powdery and floral - too dainty and feminine for me. This one was my point of reference for floral and my distaste for this one was a big reason why I hated floral, rose and white musk scents until my 20s and gravitated towards more boyish and clean fragrances.

As it turns out, spraying it on my Barbies was strangely fitting, because smelling it now there's a plastic doll smell in the top notes that I don't remember from the earlier version. It's also become far more gourmand than I remember, with a lot more peach and fewer flowers. With all the flowers it was too old for me when I was 5. Now with fewer flowers and more gourmand peaches-and-cream it's too young for me at 26... looks like I missed the boat on this one.

The EdP and the EdT is strongsmelling, I've got the Parfum precieux, without alcohol, solid cremeparfum. And its a bit lighter, softer and still with Tresor's wonderful smell. Love it!!!!
EdP och EdT är starka dofter för mig. Idag har jag fått krämparfymen Parfum Precieux, alkoholfri. Mjuk, varm och "lättare" men med hela Tresor's underbara doftpyramid. Bara älskar den.

musictwig
musictwig

I liked the scent in the bottle, but it never seemed to last very long on me.

John, I'm Only Dancing
John, I'm Only Dancing

Honestly, I don't know if it's just my nose, but I can't smell peaches in this - it smells like an ashtray. lettyb is right - something about this just smells rotten. I can't exactly describe it (somehow chemical and foul, decaying plants), but it was one of the strangest and most unpleasant things I have ever smelled.

Maybe it's just me. But I certainly wouldn't buy it.

kittybexiu
kittybexiu

This perfume is such a gorgeous musky floral scent. It's such a romantic scent, and it's not candylike at all. Every time I wear it, I instantly feel super sexy and feminine. The perfume is super rosy and kind of spicy too. I think it's a night time scent, but I just wear it whenever I want and I always get lots of compliments. I wore it for so long people start to recognize me by the scent nowadays. Tresor is my absolutely favorite scent ever and it's a classic elegant scent that I think every woman should have. The reason this is extra special to me is this is also my mom's favorite scent too, since it's been around for so long. It reminds me of my mom and my childhood.
Bottom line, gorgeous scent :)

Volupte is exactly Tresor, but thankgod not so expensive! So Same nose, same quality, fantastic designer and even better price!

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

My mom got a mini of this when I was 7 and I remember that I loved to play with the cute bottle. It smelled familiar to my nose then, but also very grown up. It is sparkling, with hints of peach, and effervescent like champagne. The memories make me wonder if I should revisit. I am no longer too young for it and I think it could be something I will like, even 20 years after.

Overall, it is refined, very feminine, and slightly cerebral. An acquired taste I guess, as most people my age will dismiss it since it is not pink and it isn't sweet. Worth a try though.

lettyb76
lettyb76

This smells like peaches that have been fermenting for a long time. In other words, it smells like rotten fruit.

ver jaina
ver jaina

it was given to my sister as a gift (miniature bottle), and as a perfume fan i would like to take a sniff. when applied, it burst into a sharp powdery stinging smell. but after quite some time the sharp smell wears off leaving a somewhat floral-vanilla like base. still strong but at least it's tolerabe.
a pretty 'classy' perfume, but i'm a not a big fan of strong type of scent.

SallyB21
SallyB21

One of my favourites. I love rose florals and this is definitely one of those. I keep buying this fragrance.

suhaesa
suhaesa

tresor or treasure is a true treasure kept close at heart and soul..a dreamy, romantic connotation of luscious, fruits, woods and apricots, musks, and unique flowers and a bit of peach magic.. its a feminine fragrance thats still young at heart ..its a unique french perfume ..it reminds me of the french riviera..and the romantic stories of the romantic era..maybe Monets paintings were painted with a hint of treasure in the air.for its so surprisingly unique in its own simplicity ..and that's where its complexity resides..like a sun rise its sparky and sensual and happy with a mysterious blend of hmmmm i cant put it in words some thing that only treasure has.. its so unique, and round and luscious and full yet not demanding immediate attention.. its a slow love affair that you get to respect and appreciate with every passing moment..its true, loyal, and never changing..its a statement in the perfume world.. mellow yet with a strong character that just doesn't wither or change with time..treasure is like treasured memories in a bottle..lovely sweet memories..

rating 4.3 out of 5

a timeless treasure

CoolBreezes
CoolBreezes

Buckets of fresh, ripe peaches and apricots piled into wooden baskets with iris on the wind and amber and jasmine skipping in. I just tracked down some pre-reformulation Tresor and I am over the moon. A small drop, even, has excellent sillage and lasts a good 8-10 hours on my skin. I wear this one just for me because it makes me happy. I love drifting off to sleep with this.

kitten_steele
kitten_steele

I have a version of this perfume, called "Tresor Eau de Fraicheur Parfumante". 100 ml. It was released as a summer scent, around 2002. It's not in this database. Anyone else has that one? It's a lighter, fresher version of Tresor edp, so it's certainly a summer scent. Gorgeous scent.

Soap
Soap

I used to ADORE this 20 years ago, but it smells so immature and girlish to me now. Not a woman's scent; at least, not this woman.

It smells like water that had cut peaches and apricots floating in it, but sans fruit now. Very clean, soft, and leaves an aura of freshness. Watery, but more of a waterfall or spring rain than an ocean scent.

Not at all floral, citrusy OR spicy. All I get from Tresor is H2O, juicy sweet fruit, tea, and maybe cane syrup.

A delight for an unassuming young lady in her 20s; a beautiful scent to wear to work or church, as it's not perfumey or soapy in the least. Superior sillage; I can even smell it on me 24 hours later if I haven't bathed yet.

Go for it!

NeoJezebel
NeoJezebel

So unbelievably French, I'm surprised it doesn't come with a beret and a baguette. It's not for me, but it's undeniably a ladylike perfume.

urabrisa
urabrisa

No es para nada de mis fragancias preferidas, pero es elegante y un olor clásico. Suele tener buen aguante, amaderada y un toque a rosa.

windswept
windswept

I never appreciated Tresor in my teens but 2 or 3 years ago I remember getting ready for class and wanting something comforting and friendly to spritz myself with. As if by instinct I went up to my sister's dresser and stole a few drops from her Tresor mini. It was exactly what I wanted and needed. It didn't smell like too much this time. It didn't smell like my mum. It was like magic.. peaches, apricots and roses.

missmonday
missmonday

My mom used to wear Tresor when I was younger, I remember her getting ready, putting some make up on and wearing her beautiful dresses when she was going out, and I would always ask her to bring me with her but she would always say that she couldnt because it was for growns up only. Because of that I always picture Tresor to be an adult-only perfume with some sense of forbidden , and thats how I always felt toward that perfume. A special perfume that oozes sensuality, a perfume for a woman who can assume herself in a world of mature adults, must be the combination of peach and rose....

paojaime
paojaime

This is an old scent! Reminds me of my grandmother and of Buenos Aires, Argentina (my home...)... it's a comforting smell, for me. It is a classic though,I've never worn it but have always loved to smell it.

authentica
authentica

The opening is unpleasant to me, it smells sharp and not perfume-like, how can I describe it..like rotten cucumber..then comes the peach which is not something i appreciate in a perfume.I like the drydown though, but it's too weak and short lasting to make it worthwhile. Cute bottle but that's it. However I am willing to give it another try in autumn-winter, see how it works on me then.

Lucialuz
Lucialuz

peach, peach and peach ... and a little rose and a little vanilla in the drydown. I love it!

Lovely123
Lovely123

It's funny, because when I first smelled this a long time ago I didnt like it, I liked the Tresor in love, so that was the one I bought. Then, recently, I smelled this again and it reminded me so much on the in love one, except this, to me at least, smelled stronger and better. It smelled bold, while my other perfume was soft and a pushover. I'll have to smell it again.

Rascalita
Rascalita

this used to be my HG one. even i almost think of it as my life time signature. i love it so much for years. and couple years ago when i smell it from paper strip i decided to buy it. i know many people dont like it, but who cares,,this is how i want to smells like.
But now,,i cant bear it. its overpowering in many level. particularly in the first 20 second.its smell so sharp and makes me dizzy. i hardly can breathe easily. the middle notes also too much synthetic right now. The rose notes also smells annoying. im waiting like half an hour to changing my mind..but the base notes slowly come not appealing. its hard for me to accept that its not working for me. sigh..
i totally cant enjoy its beautiful aroma i used to adore. why this is happens to me..? is it beacuse of my age? im 16 when i first smell it. and still love it until im 22. now im 25 and i consider give away my full bottle.

KSBelle
KSBelle

I'm going to be honest here, I bought this because a man told me it drives him wild. I personally wasn't won over by it- but, he was. So when reviewing this perfume for what it's commonly used for, to attract the opposite sex, I would give it a 10/10. I don't normally wear perfume for the opposite sex, or the same sex. I wear it for what it does to me, reminds me of, how it makes me feel, and where it takes me. Tresor didn't really knock my socks off, but there was something about it I can appreciate.

For some reason I have a love/hate relationship with this perfume. She's like the attractive big breasted popular girl at school. She's nice enough, maybe not genuine, but she never offended me in any way- so for that I tolerate her. I know I should like her. I try to like her, so many people do. They can't all be wrong! There's just this twinge of fakeness to her demeanor. I get a whiff of perhaps too much apricot and heliotrope, and I begin to wonder if she's for real after all. Then she smiles and asks me to sit with her at her lunch table, and I give in to peer pressure. Yeah, she's pretty cool. A little fake, but cool. Besides, if I sit with her I'll be popular too!

To me this is a "play-it-safe" fragrance. A good date fragrance, or going out to the movies. It's sweet, but not overly done. There's a hint of bitterness, followed by a new plastic smell. For this I would rate it a 5/10. It's not a must have for me, but I do wear it occasionally. Men love this, but they would probably love it of you wore bacon grease, or a dab of beer behind your neck too. Another option is dipping yourself in powdered sugar. Tresor is a better option than any of these things, so when I want to get a mans attention I'll just give them a little Tresor. ;)

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

i think, as with many older perfumes, it's pretty much hit and miss with people. i like tresor for what it is and i was grateful to get another bottle after many years even though i won't go out to buy it (having too many others on my hit list). it's a peachy pretty perfume. it's not going to blow off fireworks in your mind, but it will be quietly reassuring you throughout the day-yes it does last. it's not a statement maker but a soft, gentle persistence.

desertrat
desertrat

LUSCIOUS! Men LOVE it. It's a classic and always a winner... Simply put... yummy!

Sugarscent
Sugarscent

The treasure of this scent is in the body lotion when you mix a very small amount with your favorite unscented lotion HEAVENLY and stays with you all. Day

keiti
keiti

I have sat with this thing on my wrist for some time now, waiting for it to turn at least pretty. It is not happening. The sharp, varnish-like odor is what dominates on my skin. No rose, nothing sweet like vanilla, or anything that might make this horrible smell better.

mak.erot
mak.erot

Tresor was my first perfume i bought at 90's.. I had good memory about this perfume. In my opinion, it's not a flowery perfume.., but it's great. Longevity about 6-7 on me so far, and sillage is exellent. So ladies, if you don't like flowery perfume, maybe Tresor is good for you..

Lissabone
Lissabone

Bought this one 20 years ago. Soon afterwards I was pregnant, and alas I couldn't stand it. Still can't.

derkargy

...finally I gave it to my mum.She's addicted with that glorious smell,even it has been reformulated.

hbomb9410
hbomb9410

Apparently Lancome fragrances and I do not get along. I smelled Tresor in a magazine ad and loved the hint of apricot, but all I got when I tested it was musty, powdery iris. I detected absolutely no apricot or any fruity notes. Such a bummer...purple flowers like iris and violets are some of my favorite flowers, but when I try to wear them in perfume they make me smell like my Nana.

RainbowCandiees
RainbowCandiees

I remember smelling this perfume on my mother when I was 6 years old. I loved the smell of apricot and vanilla in Tresor. She doesn't have it anymore because it ran out, but I'm going to try to get it online to have my own treasure.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

On me Tresor smells nearly identical to Guerlain's Champs Elysees, except Tresor seems a bit woodier. Overall, a nice scent and I like it. It can be worn for any occasion. Though, I like Champs Elysees better on me.

sistertricked
sistertricked

I had this in 1990; me, my sister and my mum made use of it and it was ... our secret and joy to share. When it finished we only had another big bottle and then that was it. Last year I bought it again for memory's sake and I have to say it still has its charm, really, we fell in love again. Scouring small perfume shops in remote places of Italy I came across bottles dated 1990 and bought two. God, did I know it was the real thing! The sense of smell really has grand memories! When I put on the vintage juice I noticed that the peach is almost half fermented and the rose is oily and thick. The more you wear it, swirls of peach and moss and what I call crunchy tonka beans come to life as if programmed to refresh the memory of the scent. Cedar keeps company till the end and creates a fresh but golden aura around you. The new version instead, albeit keeping high the scent's original spirit, reveals itself as more powdery with rose and less fermented but more wearable peach (I wear the new version to work and the vintage one for outgoings) and a more vanillic touch towards the end. The vintage version also reminds me of the peachy Diamonds and Rubies, also created by Sophia Grojsman. Tresor is the perfume of my family, of good memories of time passed, of hope, the smell of home. I keep it in my heart.

moynah
moynah

You know what if I was given this as a gift Id be thrilled - It really is a little tresore LOL

Im off the designer wagon right now and in the Niche Limo, however, my neighbour passed me the other day and immediately I said "you're wearing Tresor, right?" Yup, I was right. The projection on this is HHUUGGE tooti-fruti floral beauty.

Universally pleasant on the nose - reminds me a little of fruity wine -- and it LASTS a long time.

Smack my peach-up! Love it! x

Pusur
Pusur

ca 18 years ago, when I was young and pretty, Tresor was my dream with very big letter D. I couldn´t effort to buy perfume, well, I couldn´t buy a lots of things those days. Anyway every time I passed perfumery I dropped in just to smell it, just to keep fairytale of lovely smell inside of my hungry nose. I looked at commercials, magazines... Tresor was there like my life target ;) I did something horrible. I bought so called: imitation. Mea culpa. Like I wrote: couldn´t effort. After many years when I could buy whatever I wanted and I kept Tresor in my hand, so desired, so legendary in my mind, so... I understood that magic was gone. Maybe I destroyed it with imitation or maybe it was like with waiting for a most handsome guy at school will say: hi? I don´t know. I know that waiting kills. Don´t wait. Do what you want to do. Buy your perfume or... Just go for life. Don´t wait.

caramello-koala
caramello-koala

Iound this an intense scent but liked it so i sprayed it on the wrist and would see how i went as the day went on.

There seemed to be a strong resin like scent for a long while then out of nowhere the powder scne came through and was beautifully pleasant thought that did not last long and the scent pretty much died down after that.

It only lasted about 4-5hrs and most of the time i was 52% don't like and 48% do like.

misschic
misschic

I loved this when I was about 18 years old. It had the sophistication that I very much wanted to project. I don't wear it much anymore but still quite like this one. It is one of the more unique fragrances. Nothing else quite like Tresor.

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

'Nose' Sophia Grojsman made some of my favorite perfumes, but alas, Tresor is not one of them. From all the pretty notes mentioned above, I only get wood that is burning. Not in a pleasant way like Cabochard or even Cabaret where the smoky wood sensation is teamed up with other notes that enhance and beautify it. No, it's a pile of moldy wood dowsed with bad fruit. I really wanted to like this one, but on my skin its horrible! Definitely not for me.

goodcupoftea

i love this scent - it smells of roses and peaches. Wonderful, beautiful, timeless... and shick

soulflame88
soulflame88

I really hate the smell of this, it is repulsive, gives me a headache even when I smell it on others.

ellachamp
ellachamp

yuck! it smells horrible! I agree with the other reviewer, it's repulsive. 'nuff said!

VesterRose
VesterRose

I have a mini bottle but i Think it is oldladish lol ;) There are to much bittery tree and musk notes and i dont like the rose-apricot-peach comb

nananessa
nananessa

This is one of my other signature fragrances. It is a beautiful floral that's not too sweet on me. After a few hours I can smell the rose blended with sandalwood & vanilla that is just heavenly! A very classic, romantic floral that is not overpowering or bother my allergies. And it lasts & lasts on me!!!

Update: 12/10/12 I decided to wear this true treasure today just ALL for myself to enjoy since I had not worn it lately. Probably everytime I adorn myself with this absolute delight I always remember the very first day I smelled it on someone.

It was back in the early 90s, I was at work in the office about midday when this very attractive young woman came in the office dressed in all designer label's casual with a slight western flair, much like all Ralph Lauren maybe. Her long deep auburn hair glistened like gold in the sunlight as she came through the glass entrance door. I still remember it like it was yesterday. As she came in the doorway with the breeze blowing in behind her, her fragrance was absolutely stunning & engulfed the office! While she sat at my desk we chatted briefly before I could hold myself no longer---I had to know what she was wearing because I was not only struck with the mesmerizing aroma but I was able to so well savor the freshness that somehow shone so brightly through all the notes. She chuckled at my inquiry & told me it was "Tresor" & she had just sprayed some on in her vehicle just prior to coming in. I determined that day to get a bottle of it, although it took a long time. All these years later I have long since forgotten her name because I never saw her again, but I have NEVER forgotten her or her fragrance.

This is the Tresor woman. Confidant, Feminine, Sophisticated. Fresh. Comforting. And always MEMORABLE.

missymary
missymary

Woody is the keynote of Tresor, a very thick dry wood. I like the peachy/rosey topnotes but they are too weak. I was looking forward to Tresor but it startled me to find it not as floral as I was hoping. It has been compared with Amarige but it is nothing like. The floral is overwhelmed by wood and burnt-spice bitterness in Tresor.

The good part is that it's got more individuality than the usual florals. The bottle is original too : a curious cute little upside-down beehive stack.

It's the sort of scent that people could not quickly identify. I like the interesting aspects of it and I regret that I can't wear it.

Katzamis
Katzamis

A year ago a mere thought of smelling Tresor made me sick. Since then I've been to Spain where almost every second woman seems to wear Tresor, I'm not sure why (the climate perhaps), but it smelled divine there. Testing it back home I quite liked the spicy (and even tobacco)note in the background, but was disappointed by the overall cheapness of smell. Also, to me it doesn't smell like rose at all (at least not like a natural rose), but rather like peach and vetiver. I'm desperately seeking for a similar fragrance of higher quality.

goodcupoftea

I love this scent...at the beginning it smells not good, but later - just like an opening of a rose with a wonderful rose and peach smell...Its so beautiful...I always get a lot of compliments when i wear it.

veritech
veritech

Never liked the smell out of the bottle, but after reading the notes I gave it a try. It smells so different on my skin. It lightened up, wasn't nearly as heavy as I thought it would be. The florals came out stronger than the sweet/fruity notes. I absolutely love this one better than Poeme(too heavy and sweet on me).I'm surprised how much I like this! I am so happy I gave it a try!

wbp
wbp

Really strong fragrance, i had it for a present, but i gave it away. Just not my cup of tea. Too nauseate and heavy.

IeatYanYans
IeatYanYans

A lot of the people here either love it or hate it. Regretably i really wanted to like this perfume after seeing the components. I was expecting something floral, fruity snd sweet. When I first sniffed the bottle, it didn't smell too bad although I didn't exactly enjoy the scent. Spritzing it on my wrist, the smell hit me and I was immediately reminded of cigarette smoke with a mix of some kind of rotting fruit...Definitely will never try this again. My mom seems to like this scent though..

seashellbikini
seashellbikini

When I was in high school, my family took a trip to Hawai'i. The day we drove the long winding road to Hana was in the middle of the season when the papayas were falling off the trees and rotting in the road. The sickly sweet stench of decay followed us the entire trip. This is what Tresor does on me. I get an hour of rotting fruit before it dries down into a harsh chemical sweetness that hits the back of my throat like smoke from a refinery.

la tailleuse
la tailleuse

I got this perfume for years, a classic that has a permanent place in my palette. not for daily use, just for special nights out! very intense, sensual, feminine, warm and sweet... maybe sometimes to sweet?? :)

vmzaneti
vmzaneti

No wonder about the success. After an extensive test session of many different fragrances at the perfume shop, Trésor was the one that grabbed my attention most. What a beautiful scent!
I sprayed it on my skin and immediatelly perceived a strong resemblance with Yvresse, wich I insanely adore. Trésor is a more warm and powdery fragrance, while Yvresse is more fresh and crisp, with an effervescent vibe. But sure these two share many similarities. When I came home, it all made sense: I did some research and discovered that both were created by the same parfumista: Sophia Grojman.

Trésor opens with a very nice and classy fruity accord, with readily recognizeable notes of peach and appricots, enriched by some beautifully crafted florals. The peach note is incredibly longlasting and the heart of the scent is adorable, with the rose-jasmine-iris triad playing the main role, supported by the warmth and sweetness of the vanilla, musks, amber and an astonishing sandalwood compounding the basenotes.
It's joyful, romantic, playful, classic, ultra feminine... all at the same time. I think it is an ageless scent too, it would suit perfectly women from their 20s to 90s easily. A timeless fragrance. Seriously, I don't thing how could anyone go wrong with this one.

The only thing that may be considered is that I find it a bit too complex to wear as a casual everyday scent, I think it is more special than that. And because of its warmth I believe this scent would do better on cooler weather or at night.

By the way, this juice has just the right potency and is very longlasting.

A total winner.

pomdgf
pomdgf

For me this is not old but classy and luxury. Not for a girl but for a pretty woman who know what they want. It's uneccessary for the old lady I'm a 25 years old who love to wearing woman perfume sometimes. This is gorgeous scent with rose and lilac or Iris. Really romantic and Really beautiful !!

chiara.candaele
chiara.candaele

I have yet to discover why, but I find this perfume and all the other perfumes in the Tresor line repulsive. It smells like an old badge of soap on me. I presume it has something to do with a particular note not getting along with my ph.

maria-clara
maria-clara

Years ago I was looking for a perfume suitable for my work as a teacher. Tresor became my signature perfume for the workplace. Tresor is a pleasant, light, soft floral oriental, almost anyone will like. It's quiet, not demanding any attention, but it is there. Tresor was a little bit too pleasant and too quiet for my personal taste, but still loved it. I started experimenting, and I learned to spice Tresor up a little bit by layering it with another perfume to make it more outspoken, a little bit louder one direction or the other. Once I got the hang of this layering, pure ánd mixed Tresor became my 24/7 signature perfume for years. And: almost everybody liked the way I smelled, students included.

mizlover1

one of the most classy frangrances ever. reminds me of my mom, and she never wears perfume..she hates it...BUT this she would dab on certain things like..her robe..the curtains...etc. she would dab a little on hankerchiefs and put em in her drawer! i loved it. i hope to get myself a bottle soon

smvs2010
smvs2010

I love the smell of tresor... on paper. Unfortunately this perfume gives me a terrible migraine. So I had to gave it away :(

dontcallmyname
dontcallmyname

Tresor...
I have to say, this fragrance creates in my head a completed sketch for a little masterpiece in the world of perfumery. It is very good and expensive-smelling, the design of the bottle is charming - since the scent was meant to be worn by a charming lady, you know. Besides, I like the way Tresor behaves on my skin: it shows its admireable sweetness and sharp character at a time, I'd even say, a kind of resistence, sometimes a bad temper. It is definitely for a genuine femina).
In addition, I am enjoying the advertising video above, which makes me take a better look at the perfume and like it much better.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Peach candy indeed. Watery sweet peach candy. It reminds me even more of those refreshing, but very sugery peach drinks that are so delicious in summer. But NOT in a perfume. It's nothing like a real juicy, fruity peach, but really synthetic.
To make matters worse for me, I also smell synthetic pineapple and some light rose (which I only like in some rare fragrances, in it's heavy, dark form balanced by spices).
There are some green notes hiding behind the peach that are quite nice, but that's all I like about it. I would even avoid people who are wearing this perfume. Luckily it's quite light, so I'd have to stand very close to the person.
It's fresh and I do understand why people would wear it, but it's not for me, absolutely not.

thenewhat
thenewhat

After the top notes faded, Tresor began to smell incredibly synthetic to me, like children's rubber/plastic toys.

luxatron
luxatron

Alright, I went ahead and tried the Lancome Tresor and Jessica Simpson Fancy Love combination charmingly described by another reviewer as a "fragrance nuclear cloud" which people couldn't stop commenting on. Combined, Tresor and Fancy Love form this unexpected, ultra-strong accord of an Abercrombie and Fitch store/AXE Body Spray mashed with unsweetened peach skin. I have no idea how to describe that Abercrombie/AXE smell other than "masculine smokey buzzing", but if you've ever walked by an A&F at the mall, you know what I'm talking about. My brother noticed my perfume when I came home and said I smelled like "a girlier version of Abercrombie & Fitch...the equivalent of a Hollister store." I don't know about y'all, but Hollister isn't exactly what I think of when I want to smell and feel sexy, so for now I'll enjoy the glory of classic Tresor on its own.

thinknice
thinknice

I was in my early 20s when i bought a small size of this perfume. Although at the time it seemed to "rich" for me, I loved it enough to buy it for my mother for mother's day. She loved it. Now in my early 30s I belive I would love it too.

birdy
birdy

sweet like an acidulous apricot pineapple candy, tender because of rose and vanilla, very comforting, but still mature. a good fragrance for a gentle feminine woman.

MeganElizabeth
MeganElizabeth

This is officially my 2011 christmas perfume. I bought it for myself this year, and although in the past I was never 'in love' with it, now I can't get enough.
Not sure why, but it's just the perfect scent right now. So beautiful, and compared to some of my normal scents, this is incredibly subtle.

appleblossom22
appleblossom22

It's not something I'd usually wear but, wow, this was done right! It's unfortunate that the others that followed could not fill this scent's shoes. Like mom would say, "Don't fix what ain't broke, baby." Original Tresor is where it's at.

charmedbella
charmedbella

This fragrance reminds me of my mom so very much. I want to like Tresor, in fact, I think I do. It's very sweet, syrupy and powdery at the same time. I do not like the way it smells at first spray. Once it hits my skin and dries it seems to do well: soft, sweet, a little powdery. The only fruit I smell is the syrup part of the scent ... it's obviously a nectarine, everything else is floral, powder, and unknown spice.

The scent reminds me of the fall, curling up in a big chunky sweater with a good book and a fire roaring (must be the spice). But it also reminds me of putting on a slinky black dress and going out for a night on the town.

It is a strong, long-lasting scent, so I'd caution anyone wearing this during the day in an office environment where it could be over-powering. One, maybe two sprays should suffice for Tresor.

I find this to be a mature scent, but that could just be because I will always associate this fragrance with my mom, however, it does smell different on me.

dbrii24
dbrii24

Ahhh, the original! This is my Mom's favorite fragrance so for me, when I think of perfume I think of Tresor. She's worn it for as long I can remember. It's a wonderful floriental fragrance full of sophitication and warmth with a perfect light powder finish. It's so soft and romantic! It's a classic but in no way is it an "old" fragrance. It smells modern and doesn't really seem to age...it's delicate and feminine. Womanly. Striking.

Kharnak
Kharnak

Bright Peach. But a complex Peach that's VERY attention getting, even from far away. Smells like a Fresh peach skin. like a Fresh juicy bite out of an Apricot. This projects clear across any room. IT has a very long life and dries slowly with a very complex bouquet you have to resample again and again. Because you notice different things at different times. Smart. Smart and innovative like the timeless complexity of Chanel No.5, but a completely different Bouquet. It's all there, expertly, seamlessly blended. Less citrus, more sweet "lilac". Not at all boring like the modern sugar bombs & Flower bombs these kids go for.
Good luck trying to get this, everyone makes a MAD dash for it.
Yes.... it does remind me of a very sweet, fresh Peach flavored cigar.
Good for all ages and seasons. Can't go wrong with this.
But Please, Wear it with class & personality. Don't cheapen the line.

kiskionok
kiskionok

For me Tresor is a fragrance of self-confidence.I wear it whenever I want to feel strong and confident. It's absolutely elegant and absolutely office-friendly. and in no case Tresor should be treated like fruity.no way.

nora elia
nora elia

On me it smell like tobbaco and dry flowers. I had great expectations about it but i didnot like it.

me79
me79

I think a Man could wear this well, I know I do !

Annelien1987

I love it. I really do. Some say it's too old for my age, I couldn't care less. It's yummie and sweet. It's a combination of ripe fruits and flowers. It's romantic and sexy at the same time. I adore the commercial with Penelope, It describes the perfume perfectly!

EK
EK

I've had Trésor on my want list for a while even though I only smelled it out of the bottle. (That day I wore another one on both wrists, and I only test perfume on clean skin).
I finally tested it on paper. Not the same as doing it on skin, but still.
I smelled peach - a LOT of peach. Over-ripe peach on the edge of being rotten. And very very thick sweetness - the "wrong" kind of sweetness. I like thick perfumes, but this is too much. To me it's nauseating! What an unpleasant surprise!
I had to take it off my want list, this I won't be able to stand.

vuvubaribe
vuvubaribe

i liked this perfume i have it. when i first got i was a bit afraid about how womanly it would smell. then when i sprayed it on i kinda thought it smelled like Dr. pepper i know weird. but then after a while it melted in to this soft but like not to soft that it smells to feminine.anyways i was standing by my friend one day and this girl walked by and said that's i smelled good. it was the first of many compliments. anyways its a good smell though its not good enough for me to be crazy obsess over.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

In the simplist of terms, too me, this smells like peach candy with spices.

If I really pay attention to all notes, surely I can smell the rose and vanilla, sandlewood, pineapple, musk..etc.. even violet

but overall... it's spiced up peach candy,

Two of my least favorite notes in perfume would hve to be peach and pineapple

So needless to say, while I apprecite it, and believe it's well done, I no longer like this perfume at all, it's not something I would ever wear .. peach candy for grown ups... not my cup of tea.

If peach didn't play such a prominent role I might be more inclinded to use this perfume

Too bad, because the quality is there, the longevity and silage are fantastic

Rosellini-in-love
Rosellini-in-love

1.EDP is a bit harsh for me, more earthy & sharp
2.EDT - this is HEAVENLY! warm, subtly sweet, romantic, feminine, i get peach, with a slight floral twist and an almondy dry down. this fragrance has captured my senses for the last 3 years and no matter what else i sample or buy I'm always back to this. Im young, this is not old. Is there such thing as 'old lady' perfume? only if the perfume wears you.

GinsTheThing
GinsTheThing

First = I love peach, 2nd = I love to explore the classic fragrances. But Tresor ? My first mini was so awfully chemical/plastic that I thought it must have gone bad. Left things a while and bought a spray vial to prove how bad my first bottle was. To my dismay the same experience. Tresor just doesn't like me - though 5 hours later it became gentle,comforting, feminine. But that's a long time to wait for a happy dry down. I may even try a decant next as I can't believe this perfume reacts so badly with me compared to the love so deeply expressed on this page !

vmarshmellow
vmarshmellow

I had a mini of this around 2001 and I only wore it a couple of times. One of those times I wore it too work and a man at worked asked "Who smells yummy?" Turns out it was me.

I finally bought a full bottle a couple of years ago, but found I did not like it as much. Fast forward 1 1/2 years and a few wearings later ... I fell in love with it.

I don't smell a single flower. I'm a huge lover of florals but too my nose this is a woody gourmand. A gooey caramelly syrupy scent with twigs. As others have said, I too find this a comfort fragrance.

username101
username101

Office ladies should NEVER wear this perfume - I mean anybody can wear whatever they want, but if you care about the people who work near your desk, dont wear this - one of my coworkers wore it, and it gave me a headache throughout the entire day. Kinda like the original "Gio"

Karry_
Karry_

My first parfume. I adore it! That s a masterpiece. It's very complete!And very very chic!

Jomoves
Jomoves

I can distinctly remember shopping for a birthday present for my mother when I was about 12. I came across Tresor at a department store, and the sales assistant started doing her pitch, saying how great it was, how much my mother would love it and all that sort of thing. There happened to be another customer at the counter, and the saleswoman enlisted her in the spiel. The woman nodded and smiled and went along with it.

The assistant then became distracted and walked away for a second. The smile fell from the other woman's face as she turned to me and whispered "Don't you dare buy that for your mother! It's just awful!".

cottonpop
cottonpop

my grandma gave a tiny bottle to me when I was a little girl and I sprayed it on my forever friends' teddy bears and I loved it...Not sure it's something I would wear on myself though, smell very old school, not a modern scent, not unpleasant, but just 'older' more mature.

Jellybean
Jellybean

strong mature perfume; slightly powdery and mainly floral, that is strong floral. not for me, one of my mom's favs. manageable in small amounts and can be worn daily but better for the evening. and lasts the whole day.

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

Shyn's Release: I know exactly what you mean. I used to love this perfume. When it first came out, my mom was wearing the one from the splash bottle. I used to sneak into her room and sniff it when she wasn't home. :o) I remember being intoxicated with it's fragrance. I went to the mall and tried it recently and it was a horrible experience. Just to make sure that it wasn't just "me or my chemistry gone wrong", I brought the expert of this perfume (Mom) to the mall and had her test it. She said: "This isn't Tresor! I don't know what this is but it's vile."

So yeah... Tresor has been reformulated; or as Mom puts it, mutilated. :(

Annelien1987

I had a bad experience with this perfume when I had a sample of it. It smelled sooooo bad. That was more than a year ago. Today I smelled it again. WOW it smells really nice. It's yummie. I love peach. I smell peach and cinnamon even though it's not listed. It's really classy and sexy but a bit oldfashioned I must be honest. That doens't bother me but some might not like that. This would be great for winter. Gorgeous perfume.

Shyn's Release
Shyn's Release

Gosh I can't figure it out how I went from being totally in love with this to being repulsed by it.I used to love it so much I remeber buying a bottle of it when it first came out.It used to be in a splash bottle I loved it back then.But, fast forward a few years its so strong over powering it feels so dated.Like when I smell it I think of the mall.Not at all what it used to be I really think its been tweaked or my tastes have changed I used to love Posion can't wear that one either.I know this is Lancome's best selling perfume just not for me.I perfer Miracle and the new tresor Midnight Rose.

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

I apologise because i used to dislike Tresor till i tested on my skin.
And then OMG!
It is so warm, sweet and elegant! Not only for mature ages. I am 21 and i feel that the perfume fits my style.
Cosy and relaxing, makes you feel confident! It is like a cloud of flowers around you, but in a classy way!
I like wearing it when i am home, cocooning and the weather is cold.
Quite strong so you should not over apply, perfect for autumn-winter!
I loooove it!

williamvargas
williamvargas

SEXY WOMAN SMELL....maturity smells wonderful..it is intoxicating to me..i tend to like a scent that will turn my head around. this does that, for the same reason i love clinique.if you wear it right..powerful,sexy and confident.
this has been one of my wife's favorites for a long time now. and always gets more when she runs out and for that reason it is special for me, as she knows I love it on her.. special fragrance.

andrea.parada ortega
andrea.parada ortega

what did my nose did to you, lancome!

It gave my fiancé lots of sneeses

anniebanannie
anniebanannie

"I've never seen you looking so lovely as you did tonight
I've never seen you shine so bright
I've never seen so many men ask you if you wanted to dance
They're looking for a little romance, given half a chance
I have never seen that dress you're wearing
Or the highlights in your head that catch your eyes
...I have been blind
The lady in red... is dancing with me... cheek to cheek
There's nobody here, it's just you and me
It's where I wanna be...
But I hardly know...
this beauty by my side
I'll never forget, the way you look tonight"

The Lady in Red, Chris de Burgh.

A note of warning to those who might want this fragrance...it can appear a bit "retro" standing next to the sickly sweet tarts of today, but this is by no means an old madam. This is a woman in her prime(I picture 30s), and she's mastered the art of femininity down to the core. She was the original lady who decided to get rid of the 80s power hungry Amazon, and decided to have fun being a goddess. She thought, hmm, there is nothing wrong with being sweet, just keep a little respectability. She was tired of competing with the boys and decided she can have as much fun as they can by embracing herself. Love like there is no tomorrow. To love and be loved, and if it doesn't work out, I will still be here.

I smell apricot and peach jam flavored with rosewater and vanilla extract. A tablespoon of lemon is added to tone down the sweetness. To me this is the woman that is not at all naive and does not see the world in rose colored glasses. She sees the good in it still, but she is no innocent. She has earned her curves and hips, and knows what to do with them. She is an experienced young woman, who still has a lot to see. But is not blind to her surroundings. She is as magical and graceful as Isabella Rossellini in the original commercial. And has what probably all thousands after her wanted to mimic. Class. When they couldn't obtain it, gave up and went to follow Angel instead. Fast forward to the wayward spiral of today.

In a league of her own...Untouchable. Love her. I bring her out when I wear a dress, flats and have my hair down. Men look, admire, inhale, and admire some more. Some have "bowed", many have whistled. Some ask if I'm married. Many have stopped and offered me coffee. Boys and men, in all ages follow. Matronly it is not.

ION
ION

What I like very much about "Tresor" (and "Spellbound") is that one sniff is never enough!
To be honest, you think it's enough and before you know it you want one more. Once again..
The smell was so new when it came out, an ingenious proposal at a time you felt you had smelled it all. Impressive, addictive and full of curves (much like the bottle itself), this is a perfume that creates a bubble around you, asking to be loved!
Well, who could resist you "Tresor"?
I was at a dinner once and at the adjacent table there was a couple. The woman was well mannered, well dressed, overweighted and discreet. When the dinner was over and on my way out, I turned to this lady and said: "Please, do NEVER change this perfume you're wearing!" (imagine this, as if she were my fiancee'!).
Well, "Tresor" can do that to you, you know..
I understand that its pronounced romanticism makes it look like a mature woman's perfume but, it's our time to be blamed. Certainly not magnificent "Tresor"!

An advice: Avoid the EDP version. The EDT is more to the point and lasts more than you need as well.

Sorcerer1001
Sorcerer1001

Cant understand why so many people voted dislike. This is an enirely unoffensive and gorgeous scent. I think what makes me so crazy about it is the fact that im not so crazy about it if that makes any sense. It is very low key, an easy one to reach for without thinking. Plus its one of the few things ive tried that have called themselves fruity and ive actually been able to pick up on fruity notes, let alone ones that smell like real fruit. FIVE STARS

krmarich
krmarich

1990 was the era of the Sophia Grojsman fruity floral blockbusters. Tresor heralded that era as it bouced on the scene and sold really well! Who could resist this sweet floriental that defined a new generation of sweetness?

Tresor was sticky sweet indulgences that packed on the calories. Its funny how they never showed in a sleek black dress. It was sophisticated, rich and gourmand. Trendy? Of course.

It became sickening after awhile, yet its clones just kept apprearing on the scene. Its funny how it seems so retro in todays market. It was so progressive at the time.

patriciaenola
patriciaenola

@ Cathy GQ
I had difficulty reading some of the others, after your review could I click on your name to read other reviews you have written - this one is so appealing and you know this perfume as indeed so do I.
But its sense of warmth and reality is impaired with the knowledge that if perfumes can bring someone to love you - then it was beautiful for me - I gained the interest of my Husband - a lovely guy - My Mother borrowed it extensively and got caught up with a beast of a man - my Step-father - that was a tragedy she did not deserve that - he was unworthy of her

CathyGQ
CathyGQ

After having the experience of sampling both Tresor Midnight Love and Tresor In Love I gained even more of an appreciation of how unique, classic and hypnotic this can be. It´s like the experience of driving a Fiat Cinquecento after you´ve handled a Ferrari - the newer fragance doesn't hold a candle to the original and fails in comparison.
If only lancome would stop using the Tresor moniker on every new fragance dragging the reputation of the original. I would highly recommend this fragance to others and wear it every day. This fragance is truly going back to basics.

lovekova
lovekova

A miniature vial of Tresor leaked in my jewelry box back in the days when it came out. Everything inside smelled like Tresor forever! Which got me a little overloaded but I still loved those classical fragrances as a kid. Wouldn't wear it nowadays, when one tries to appear younger, not older ;)

Smiles395
Smiles395

I have this same perfume except the black part in the picture under the cap is clear on mine? Maybe that is how they were in Australia. Anyway I do like it as it is a unique scent. However, I feel that perhaps it is more suited to older women and not the younger market.

Matt Oldham
Matt Oldham

There's something terribly terribly wrong about Tresor. I hated it when it cane out in 1992 and now my father's wife wears it and it makes my face feel like Barney's on the Simpsons. To me it's an industrial beige blonde dynel mannequin's wig worn by an actual person. The almond-y milky Miami Beach quality is really disturbing. Makes me think of white birch trees on a kelly green background type of wallpaper with wall to wall white carpeting and white bamboo glass-topped furniture...but that's not the disturbing part; it's the chain-smoking brocade djellaba-wearing square-cut manicured hag sitting there. Some perfumes cover up cigarette smells; Tresor mixes with them and magnifies them, like, well--like a bad cigarette smells soliflore. The art of perfumery used for evil purposes. Should be a Mary Kay scent.

mystica
mystica

I have to say: This is the only perfume which made a stranger -a guy on the street- openly comment and compliment on my perfume. He said "you smell delicious". Such a bold move for a stranger, inspires Tresor. Powerful stuff then, what can I say? I was over the moon.

Annica
Annica

I got a perfume sample with a pretty bag for my birthday 19 years ago, and was completely charmed by the smell, but never felt that I could buy a FB. Too pushy and sharp. Somehow, I feel that this scent is rather unique and has made a mark in perfume history. Bet that we will chase it if it would be discontinued.

Scenxtual
Scenxtual

Tiger_greeneyes, you took the words right out of my mouth, from it feeling like a Sunday, right down to advising EDP rather than the EDT.

tiger_greeneyes
tiger_greeneyes

A couple of months ago I came home from spraying perfumes on test strips and there was one I couldn't stop sniffing but didn't remember which it was. I found out by chance (it was a blind purchase from ebay a week ago) that it was Tresor.

As with a lot of perfumes, straight after spraying it made me recoil. Once it had had a chance to develop and dry down, it is just about the most comforting perfume I've ever worn. It makes me feel like it's Sunday, I'm curled up on the sofa after a roast dinner, fire crackling, howling wind and rain outside but having that feeling where it's actually a warm, peaceful Spring day and I'm surrounded by warmth and love. It really doesn't get any better than that.

To my nose, it's seamlessly smooth and warm - which I find incredible as there's so many notes present. I've overlooked this perfume every time I've seen it, just like so many others that I'm now looking forward to trying.

A word of advice though - don't be tempted to buy the EDT, it's not a long-lasting option afaic, the EDP is much better value.

poivrerose
poivrerose

I've never tried this on my own skin, but have been smelling it on someone else for 10+ years, so I'm very familiar with it. And man, is this a thick powdery musky floral bomb! I'm sorry but I smell no fruit whatsoever in this concoction. It is very "old fashioned" to my nose. I'd expect to find it on the meticulously arranged vanity of a long retired 40s film star. Cherry blossom, powdery rose, lily of the valley mostly, with musk and amber bringing up the rear. If I may say this, please use this with a light hand ladies!! It is some potent juice. And I realize that this might be a very individual experience, but I just had to put it out there.

Fizzy
Fizzy

There is fantastic cheap substitution for this in Germany: Tristano Onofri, "Tesoro" EdP 100 ml/10!!! €. This is, what I am here talking about. When I first sprayed Tristano´s Onofri "Tresoro" today, I remembered Tresor by Lancome and bought Onofri after a hour on my skin. It is a little bit less sweet in the opening than Tresor, but the drydown is exactly the same. Longevity - pretty long, about 4 hours.

MyriamHM1000
MyriamHM1000

It will forever remind me of my mom and the 90s. She would wear this a lot.

I would not purchase this. hmmm I like clean smells or downright musky smells

This is sweet!

parfumfashion
parfumfashion

I am IN LOVE IN LOVE IN LOVE with this perfume I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT! I put it on every second! I cant get tired of the smell! I used to have Tresor a while ago and I finished it my mum had one too and finished it and I just had to get another one and LARGE of course!

Elise1214
Elise1214

I own Tresor and I will say that it is a fragrance that the wearer must wait several minutes in order to savor the true aroma and experience (but this goes with any fragrance).

Keep in mind that top notes, middle notes, and base notes are experienced in time increments, with your base notes being the final and longest lasting of the 3. With that being said, you cannot judge a fragrance based on what you smell within the first 10 minutes, because what you smell will not be the final outcome, and this could not be more true than with Tresor.

Believe it or not, this is the fragrance that I have received the most compliments on-- whether I was in a cocktail lounge, at school, or at work, people appreciate it, like it, and go out of their way to compliment me on it.

mika71
mika71

This one has never worked for me. I know so many who love it, but all I get is synthetic peach and a headache.

puppynose
puppynose

Loved it when it first came out, stopped wearing it for many years, got tired of it and just don't like it now. Cloying linear and it has become cliche.

mylancome
mylancome

Sweet, warm and calming, there is no matter to you whether there is war outside while you have your favorite steak and wine, like you are the most lucky woman in the world. Too bad it doesn't stay long on my skin.

Thandar
Thandar

Too much strong.I don't know why it is popular and so many people like it.For me,all i get is bubble-gum scent.

judeaqua
judeaqua

Top Notes : Ripe Peach.
Middle Notes : Peach with sugar.
Base Notes : Peach with sugar and water.

Kione
Kione

TOO.MUCH.

Don't like it.

derkargy

This was my signature scent when I was younger.A marvellous combination of attraction and luxury.But I don't know whether it would work on my skin after twenty years!

lahaina
lahaina

Omg i LOVEEEE this perfumei ! It has to be my favorite out of all the perfume i have. And i have alot haha such as paris hilton, armani code, juicy couture viva la juicy, jlo etc. But this one... is amazing. And i dont think its old lady smelling at all :l But everyone has different tastes in perfume which is why there is so much made lol. And its longgggggg lasting too (:

glama
glama

My HOME SCENT-This one is what my daughters call "my signature scent" & whenever someone is wearing it they know exactly what it is. Its very warm- peachy, vanilla-creamy- the only scent i do like with vanilla in it. My husband LOVES it. My daughter bought me a 3.4oz bottle in 07 & I still have it-I dont wear it much & when I do its only a little bit,If its good parfume- a little goes farther & lasts longer than cheap stuff.This one reminds me of window shopping in NYC around xmas for some reason. The bottle is to die for! You know its tresor just by the bottle

SnowVirgin
SnowVirgin

At first I hated this. When I first tried it on it smelled exactly like a dark corner of Home Depot's lumber section. But 2 tries later something changed. I finally was able to smell the warm, sweet woodiness and now I really like it. My husband in fact says I smell like pastry!

maneki_neko

I always thought Tresor was very sexy--definitely old school. I was almost intimidated to wear it, being a floral green, rose-y kind of girl. It is definitely one of those scents that changes drastically depending on the wearer.

Babyawei
Babyawei

It makes me dizzy. I don't like the smell.

oxm
oxm

Tresor by Lancome is something poetic fruity and floral notes seem to make a rock that releases emotions swing from the sublime end is woody and amber, on the whole there is a pink flower of love for fragrance excellence.The fragrance vaguely reminiscent of the bedrooms of the past, where on the dresser were the most precious perfumes and essences with boxes of powder and statuettes of mother of pearl, the pearl itself reminiscent of the inside of a shell, smooth, dry
and iridescent This is the summary of Tresor ...
Very romantic.

Mandana
Mandana

Aaaah, Trésor, why do I love you so, but you didnt seem to "sit" well on my skin? A great pity as I adored this perfume. It reminds me of soft ripe fruity apricots sprinked with spices and left to sit in a wooden basket on the step of a French cottage in the Provence, in the evening sun. Trésor went on well but after about 1 hour it developed into something sweet and strong that only gave me a headache. It smelled divine on my boyfriend's sister and the sillage was fantastic, like I was left with this beautiful floaty fragrant syrupy orange cloud when she had gone LOL How I wished it had the same effect on me but regretably it was not to be. The lighter Trésor version didnt appeal to me at all. This is a truly classic modern fragrance, soft, warm and vibrant but it broke my heart as it was not for me :(

madhatter1
madhatter1

Always liked this have a little left to use in an old bottle. It smells on me very nice, in that it is spicy feminine yet powdery. Stays on you, you really dont need a lot to experience the notes. It reminds me of how Estee Tuscany per Donna smelled
on me. I likely wouldnt buy again because I like 1-2 other Lancome scents better.

MsRachael
MsRachael

Stupefyingly awful, at least on me. Overpowering to the point that I had to wash it off before my sister would get into the car with me (I sprayed it ONCE). Like wearing a battle between fruits and flowers. The rose, apricot and pineapple clash horribly, and in confusion of the ensuing massacre, the jasmine takes everyone hostage. Makes me feel slightly nauseous even to remember it. No thanks.

sophisticated
sophisticated

most of the reviews show the fact that this one is a love or hate perfume, not a soft one that suits every occasion & you can just like it and move on, for me, this perfume is pure love, sensual, unique... must be the chemistry, i'm so happy it worked for me as most of the notes in it are some of my faves

Kazorwaman
Kazorwaman

Two days ago I had a chance to try it on my skin for a day. It is a nice, little bit soapy and creamy parfume.
But I was not comfortable with one of its notes, at the begining something was wrong for me and at the drydown too.
And I have a hand-wash in my bathroom, it has APRICOT sent - when I washed my hands I realiezed what was not working for me in the TRESOR : the apricot!!!Just not for me at all...
But if you are the one who love apricot - give it a shot!! Good parfume :) Worth trying :)

Nikka Miró
Nikka Miró

I do not like. It smells of old leather upholstery, torn with campari shed

bubblem3
bubblem3

Opinion mexicana :). Jajaja porque el odio a su olor? sere rara porque a mi me gusta, no destaca en una coleccion pero me gusta, es clasica, elegante y usable para citas romanticas.

Maeva
Maeva

If you are among the many who like this exquisite juice, you surely fell for it at first spritz! In fact this is a truly romantic fragrance. I loved Wristsniffer’s review, and also think Trésor is about falling in love, so I understand this fragrance in terms of the erotic connotations it holds for me. This perfume is based, not surprisingly, on rose, the all-time symbol for love. Indeed, “L’amour est un trésor”, as is said in the fascinatingly lyrical Kate Winslet commercial.

From its very opening, Trésor exudes love and passion; we could even say this is an overemotional scent, redolent of torridness, lit-up sensuality, the wonderful excesses of passion. It’s not surprising many reviewers related this scent to rotting flowers. It does smell rather excessive and there’s a certain feeling of saturation to it. In fact I can get a hint of overripe fruit in it (maybe the dirty orris root intensifies this effect). All this reminds me of another kind of “opening”, the start of a romantic affair, with its sensual awakening, ardently excessive too. This luscious opening develops into a powdery, more comforting and somewhat bittersweet heart, and then a cozily warm dry-down. The passionate scent from the beginning becomes a more harmonic scent in the end: as the ardor becomes more subdued, Trésor-the lover becomes Trésor-the partner, like in a long-term relationship. I can’t help romanticizing the fragrance in this way. That’s just how I feel about it :) !

Trésor opens with the warm fruity exuberance of creamy, opulent pineapple, fleshy peach and sensual apricot flower, all enticingly exotic, and it settles down into a sweet sensuality and an intensity that some of us may understandably consider too overpowering. I can think of very few examples among the perfumes I know in which the concepts “headiness” and class are so compatible!

The flowers are the least noticeable notes in this scent; it seems we are all more aware of the far more conspicuous fruity notes. But this fragrance is syrupy and fruity in a classy way, not in the way fruity fragrances are these days. They absolutely lack Trésor’s romantic depth.

Luscious, elegant, voluptuous, seductive… Another alluring masterpiece by the great Sophia Grojsman we fell in love with in the 90s, and in my case this one will definitely prove love for life.

Smelly Mama
Smelly Mama

First "big girl" perfume I have ever owed! I was 18 =)
I just love its elegant scent. Its fragrance is a combination of rose, lilac and apricot blossom. It has a long-lasting effect but is never too overpowering. I had gotten nothing but compliments every time I wore it. From men mostly..and some woman too. My ex-boyfriend even claimed it had an aphrodisiac effect on him. ;) lol Dork! hehe We were 18! Young and silly.

naheed

Tresor seems to hold a love hate relation with many here.

Sampled it last night and can say that I am in love with this gem of 90s. It starts like a burst of floral notes mixed with a bit fruit notes so that it calms down heavy florals a bit. Due to its such sharp opening, people seem to find it repulsive. And these heavy florals remain on the skin till it fades. It's not easy to single out any floral note in it as it's a complex mix of all floral notes. But there's one note that seems to have been added in such a way as if it has been wrapped around them all and that's the 'peach note'. I actually like the smell of peaches of apricots and that's what seems suitable to be added with such a puzzle of florals here.

On the whole, I love it and is not for everyone and suitably for those who can carry it well. Very feminine just like Sophia Grojsman's other creations.

Chris v V---thank you for the sample!

melody85
melody85

HORRIBLE. I just received a sample of this and it is the most repulsive, pungent smell, I feel like my nostrils have been assaulted. How can anyone like this? I must wash this from my wrist ASAP!

Niko
Niko

Totally smells like Lush's "Snow Fairy" on my skin :D great :D

Cubby
Cubby

I've been told Tresor lotion/cream is the best way to wear this scent. I have a hard time with it personally, but love it on almost everyone else.

Siv55
Siv55

I actually have this and have recently tried wearing it again. I still couldn't really tell you what it smells like. I find it completely forgettable. Rose and vanilla? Classic in a stunningly boring way, like being shown round a museaum or art exhibition. You want to appear sophisticated and appreciative but you'd really rather go somewhere exciting. At the very least you wish you could nip out and have a cigarette to relieve the tedium.

krissycat
krissycat

Upon first sniff there is an overpowering note in this that is too strong for me, but thankfully as it dissipates the result is a very pleasant perfume. It is definetely a heady fragrance but if not over applied it can be very elegant. I have only purchased the rollerball in tresor because I felt the EDP might be too sharp. Infact I mixed this today with Elizabeth Arden Splendor and I was pleasantly surprised. One day I might purchase the edp just to experience what that smells like, and on its own. I love Lancome. Every fragrance I've tried from Lancome is different from eachother in every possible way, not like a lot of other perfume houses where so many scents seem to play off eachother. Tresor is odd to me like Magie Noire is, very different, truly original

Convict13
Convict13

Sadly I have finished my bottle of this beautiful fragrance. It is the one perfume that I wear that men are compelled to ask me what it is, which can only be a good thing. Love this, so perfect for everything and everyday. Not overly strong, so a great perfume to wear to the cinema or to a restaurant.

booandgagamomma
booandgagamomma

This scent gives every women in my family migraines. Seriously if I'm stuck in a elevator with someone with this on- I'm sick for the whole day. And I'm not just fragrance sensitive...I can smell most other scents all day long. Except Armani Code...it may be worse.

RavenDarkholme
RavenDarkholme

I had it years ago. I liked it but it was to heavy for me, probably because of my age. Maybe now that I'm 30 I'd love it.

hathor
hathor

Just bought a small bottle of this in a fit of nostalgia- couldn't even remember what it smelt like, but one squirt and i was transported back in a sort of fuzzy golden haze to the early 90's when i was still quite young, living in my own tiny flat which was my "castle", with almost all my dreams still intact. i used to spend hours just sitting daydreaming on my sofa with the sunlight streaming through the window, looking out on a little bit of park with trees and rose bushes. I notice a lot of lilac when i first spray it on. it's quite strong, obviously a late 80's early 90's era smell. But recently i've been rediscovering some of these and actually they are not only b*oody good but also have this effect of taking me back in time. I remember once having had to do a particularly smelly job at work (hospital) and afterwards emptying a whole sample of this one over my head. It's a very ladylike smell, romantic without being sickly sweet, not too heavy, i can see why it's stuck around so long. it's also unlike most other perfumes i've smelled, sort of stands out on it's own. the colour goes with the warm peachiness of the fragrance. quite a bit of rose in this as well. i see this as a sort of last chance for me to have some of these older perfumes before they vanish into the past, although the better houses do tend to keep their best selling perfumes longer. This is a truly lovely perfume, which i'm pleased to have back in my collection. Golden summer memories of almost 20 years ago.

Aigner_Again
Aigner_Again

If you're not acquainted with Tresor, watch the ad where Kate Winslet performs and you'll get the picture very well. Once it was very helpful to me as I tried to understand what Tresor was all about :)

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

I loved this when it came out. I had a substantially sized mini. The first night I wore it out to a club downtown, nyc. Let's just say it was a "hit!" Recently, discovered my love for a spicy rose and remembered Tresor. So glad I did because I am loving this one. It's spiced peaches and rose with an apricot smoke in the background. It warms up on my skin and just smells like the most romantic, heavenly scent...I know for a fact men love this one!

kkimono
kkimono

This is definitely my "night" perfume.

eilismaireg

This is a re-review: On an unseasonably warm and golden sunlit day I decided to re try this one and I experienced it in a totally new way, what I perceived as overripe last time became lush and as golden as the sun shining through the windows. Malegria calls this frag 'content' and that's accurate.
This is a scent that's not trying too hard, this is warm, feminine comfort and I really like it!!

glamrose
glamrose

This perfume has elegance and success rolled into one. A must-have for celebrations such as the Oscars.

caitlina
caitlina

I like this scent though I can't put my finger on why. I like the sillage and it has very good lasting power. It smells like sweet flowers to me. My boyfriend likes it as well.

imoore
imoore

Favourite of my bestest girl pall.
She missing it dearly, and always sais :

It goes well with cigarettes.

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

I adore Tresor. To me it is like finding an oasis in the desert. I recently joined Fragrantica and soon after renewed my interest in perfumes and started collecting them again. In the past couple of months I have bought about 10 used perfumes on eBay, and 10 new discounted perfumes at Marshall's. They've all smelled awful to me! Too chemical, too synthetic, fake, harsh, offensive, stinky - I could not wear them and I had to return or resell them all.

Then I signed up for a Fragrantica contest last month and won a 1 oz. bottle of Tresor - the box was signed by fragrance's creator, Sophia Grojsman. What a wonderful treasure, it truly lives up to it's name. Tresor has a soft, sweet, feminine, heavenly smell - this, to me, is what a woman's perfume should smell like! There is nothing synthetic or "fake" about it. It initially has a strong blast of roses and sweet apricots. Other reviewers here mention peach, but Tresor is all about APRICOT!! (There's a difference between peach and apricot, ladies!). The drydown brings the delight of a creamy, luscious apricot/amber/vanilla aroma that lingers a long time, in a most romantic and luxurious way. Caramel is not listed as a note, but I get it too, giving a gourmand quality to this fragrance. To some it may seem too sweet and cloying - it is strong, so use it sparingly. I am thrilled with Tresor, and will use it for years to come.

srimati
srimati

sampled it today because I read alot about it but didn't find it special at all and did not realy stand out to me. I was expecting something peachy (apricot) to come through but I didn't catch it. I guess I saved myself some money.

romrom
romrom

This is such a lovley and romantic scent. It something for the good girl in you,it perfect for an intimate dinner.

xoxcassxox
xoxcassxox

My grandmother gives me this scent every xmas. At first it was to much to handle but I kept at it and now I use it alot. I always get so many compliments when I wear it. The staying power is good as well.

ReinaT
ReinaT

A very soft powdery rose perfume. I have a friend who loves it, but for me, it's just too powdery. I prefer Ombre Rose so I can have a touch of Oriental spice, and this fragrance lacks that. For me, it is a pretty perfume, sort of "old lady-ish", nothing magical about it. For me, all I can smell is a powdery rose. It does mix well with other floral, particularly rose florals (like True Love, 1881, 273, Rumour) but does not mix well with the fabulous Joy or Beautiful (I have tried). I'll use it up and then not buy it again. For a truly magical powdery rose, I highly recommend Ombre Rose, which is far more romantic than Tresor.

kugkng
kugkng

Where is the place for EDT version in here ??? Very big different relationship along both of them ,,,I do prefer EDT more than EDP,less sharp and pungent combo more wearable ,light, smooth ,very sheer but really last on me.

HOPE007

I agree there was some reformulation and something changed.. I remember it differently & you can read my past review based on that, and now it has a very sharp note on me which it was never like before. That note just kills it.. I gave it away to my sister who it does not really show up on and she adores it. When I am in the mood for something like my old Tresor, I put on Estee Lauder's Tuscany Per Donna (yep they still carry it) it is rather similar.. a little different though.. I'm sad about my new experience with Tresor..

personagrata
personagrata

It is really sad...such a good fragrance, a reminder of past romantic moments..to have such a bad end and reformulation...I loved it, i wore it when i was 16years old...i remembered something else, i repurchased it and nothing seems to be the same...The only fortunate thing is that the body lotion is a little bit closer to the older wonderful and romantic tresor...that suits so much to isabella rosellini s face

I use to like it a lot back in past years. Many years. Did it change? Probably my nose changed and also skin chemistry. I still like it for what it is: an intense romantic peachy-ambery rose with many facets. On some people it just blooms!
I used to love YSL Paris, which is very different in spite being about rose as well.
Both are too strong for me now and somehow too simple, but I think they are still beautiful in their own way.
I don't like to give age range to perfumes, but I think I can say that Tresor is a little old, just because of my memory. Too smelled around before, immediately recognisible. It's a big statement fragrance, with good sillage and lasting power.
What I don't like right now in Tresor is the woody base that now smells too powdery and musty on my skin.
All in all a great work of commercial perfumery. Give it a try, there are many testers around, and find for yourself if it fits your desires.

mimosabee
mimosabee

Another very heavy, mature and strong perfume from Lancome. Recommended for 45+

I personally don't like it. I don't think its good for the ones with fair skin. Strangely, it reminds me of a rich old woman over her 50s who wears disgusting real fur, have double rum parties at home with her folks and goes over Sotheby's catalogues for diamond rings.

oh and just like Poem, it might trigger your migraine if you have it...

Tresor is a perfume I wanted to like. I've tried this on so many times. I even owned it 15 years ago before I understood how to choose fragrances. It just never worked on me. I love the color and the bottle. It looks so inviting. All the descriptions of it sound enticing and romantic, like powdery, warm, peaches and cream, sweet, etc. But on me it smells very tart and tangy--definitely not peaches and cream. It's more like peaches and yogurt. My aunt recently gave me a bottle she no longer wanted, so I tried it again all these years later, and I still smell sour peach on top of all the powdery florals. I give up, it's just not for me.

justpeachy
justpeachy

From far away, Trésor smells exactly like its color - sweet, light apricot blushed with delicate rose, warm and translucent. I can understand why so many women (and men!) love it: the fruit is sweet but not artificial or cloying, the flowers are full and romantic, and the amber and musk lend it a warmly-spiced base. It's classy and comforting, and it leaves that delicate apricot-rose trail wherever it goes. Its staying power is also incredible.

Unfortunately, I grew up taking a certain cough syrup... and somewhere in the heart of this fragrance lingers a note that I can only describe as "Robitussin-esque!" That said, the bottle is beautiful, and the name is lovely - and it appears clear from the reviews that many have come to... well, treasure it.

TanjaS
TanjaS

I have ambivalent feelings for Tresor. I don't like the opening at all. It's too heavy and headache inducing. The drydown is actually quite lovely, maybe even seductive, but not at all heavy. The peach, musk, amber and especially the apricot stands out most to my nose. Tresor's drydown reminds me a lot of Neblina by Yves Rocher which I loved. I think I would've loved this fragrance if the opening had been more appealing to me. What a pity.

sofiii
sofiii

Treson starts soft, warm and peach in an old-time-glam way, it reminds me of Mitsuko, but in Treson, the peach is optimistic but not overly bubbly or excited (like those sweet fruity girly pink perfume), is relaxed but not the wasted-relax (like the feeling sometimes YSL Opium evokes), is self-assured, but not as cold as a business woman (like Chanel No.19).

Then there’s a bouquet of really muted, tart, soft, possibly boiled flower scent, which softens the already-soft peach by quite a lot; and the combo just blends better and better. At this stage, I think the colour of the juice is perfectly captures what Treson smells like, it isn’t as golden and showy as say..J’adore by Dior, it is not as intense as Femme by Rochas, it’s not exactly happy or sad, it is just content, nice, romantic in a low-profile sense, like a long-term relationship.

Every now and then, Treson makes me think of the Play-doh I played with when I was little, there must be some notes in it reminiscent Play-doh; but in Treson, things are quite harmonic, and wearable as a perfume. As Treson dries down, a certain nutty/dusty notes comes and stays quite dominant, which makes it warmer, more muted and tart in a relaxed way.

I didn’t like Treson at all when it was three years ago when I was 19. I like it now, appreciate the perfume, but find it hard to pull off in my daily life, because I just find myself shy of the kinda experience in life, to really wear Treson and make it shine on me. However, I would say, in my later 20s, one day, maybe Treson would be one of my highly used perfume for day time.
Highly recommend to most people who are 25+.

ChouliGaloria
ChouliGaloria

Tresor is a very nice french parfum, no matter what.
Best worn in colder weather and best when applied with a light and reserved hand. This perfume is not a body spray for angels sake! You need to have some class to wear it. You need to have confidence to wear it. You need to care about your body, mind, and spirit to wear it.
Tresor smells like a peachy-apricot-ambery-sandalwoody-musk vanilla on my skin. There is also a very slight powdery vibe to it. The rose note is like you would smell a rose bunch from afar, very diluted.
The bottle is artsy. The color of the juice is correct.
My man likes this scent too and he has bought Tresor for me as well.
Just so you know that I am not an "old lady". I am a woman that eats right, doesn't smoke, doesn't do drugs, works out at a gym 5x per week and even lifts weights, wears nice clothes, appreciates well designed art and jewelry, loves sex, drives a nice car, and likes french fashion designs. I'm a 40 year old American woman and I've even had 30 year old hunk-of-burning love men ask me out. Tresor fits me perfectly.

larali
larali

This was recommended to me, but I was not terribly enamored, and neither was my husband. It is PEACHY. Very peachy. If you love peach, you will love this.

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

Nothing particularly constructive to say, other than I hate this scent. I gave it to my grandmother. She covers herself in this every morning. It smells perfectly acceptable on her, she's a very youthful and feminine older woman, and she wears it well...But...I can't stand it on me or in the bottle. SO overpowering.

lafefe
lafefe

I'm so surprised to see that so many people don't like it! It was one of the first perfumes I considered PERFECT: rounded, elegant, well blended composition with no outstanding note. It's a very elegant and romantic floral, simply wonderful.

oona noir
oona noir

This one has definite opinions about who it wants to beguile and who it doesn't. It went on me the way I remember it smelling in the magazines- rotting fruit. But as it started to settle down, about 20-30 minutes in, it decided it liked me and let loose an ambery and musky peach. Beautiful. I don't smell the flowers here at all but the peach and amber are absolutely stunning. It reminds me of sitting near a fireplace with a cozy throw.

arg1971
arg1971

Tresor is a nice and soft sweet smelling fragrance I love anything with a hint of oriental sweetness to it.This smells like a hint of honey was added to this

michellecoburn
michellecoburn

Mentholated peach, rose, and vanilla. It's great!

mysr01
mysr01

My mother gave it to me a few weeks ago as a gift. It's my first lancome perfume and I love it! It suits me like magic. Kudos to Tresor by Lancome. ;)

Ladysong
Ladysong

I don't often use the word "loathe" in conjunction with perfume, but I might use it to describe Tresor if you caught me on a bad day. It's just too strong for me, and gives me headaches (even when worn by others). It's the olfactory equivalent of being punched in the jaw for me, I'm afraid.

hollycat
hollycat

This perfume has always intrigued me, right down to the heavy glass bottle. Its a romantic scent, a scent I would wear on my wedding day to my future husband. Its a powdery, peachy rose oriental that is timeless. Its all woman. Its a woman who is nurturing to herself as well as to others. A sensitive and self actualized woman who knows who she is.

HardCandy
HardCandy

This is by far my most favorite perfume ever created. Scents on my vanity table change on a monthly basis but this perfume is my staple. Ive held off writing a review of this scent as I do not have the vocabulary or the expression to justify this scent.

I could describe the perfume in notes - but to me - there is no distinctive note that could describe the perfume well. It grows and evolves on the skin. Initially you smell a blast of just ripened peaches and then it evolves into a softer powdery note that lasts on me well over 9 hours - I could still smell the lingering scent the morning after. On clothes, the scent lasts longer, my scarf still has the tresor scent.

Tresor to me - smells exactly like new cosmetics - like new lipsticks and blushes when applied to the face for the first time - dainty, feminine and laced with seductiveness.

Its a very familiar scent that cant be described but its also unique - it does not smell like anything Ive ever tried before.

The projection is killer and the sillage (perfume trail) is something that Tresor excels at. Its strong scent but projects softness and naivety. I dont think I will ever get bored with this scent :)

Aredore
Aredore

I first smelled Tresor over two years ago, when I was disgusted by its sour heaviness. Older, wiser and learned in the ways of fragrance, I dabbed the same tester on my wrist for another go. I now understand better what I hate about the opening.

The “sour apricot” I picked up the first time has a mentholated edge which, instead of smelling fresh and interesting, smells camphorous and, in conjunction with the fruit, like old-fashioned Ny Quil; the knock-you-out-in-20-minutes-or-less formula.

The heart of the fragrance is better. The peachy although slightly chemical rose takes over and directs the fragrances development over the sandalwood-heavy vanillic base. Tresor is a sweet sandalwood fruit tart. Syrupy, rich and pretty from a distance – cloying and medicinal up close, the love and the hate for Tresor is all justified.

I've been in the "love" camp for that past year or so, We'll see if I stay there.

Anorton1965
Anorton1965

I wore Tresor when I was in my late 20's, and haven't wore since then.

I have been on a search for the past few months for my signature scent, when I happened on Tresor again.

I read all the reviews here, and was hesitant to try it again. I'd read that the fragrance had been changed, it wasn't the same etc.

I tried it in the store, but there were several versions available and the store always puts those security tags right across the bottom so you can't be certain which version you picked up. On that test, whatever version I sprayed, I immediately didn't care for.

But, knowing I couldn't be sure which one I'd tried, I decided to purchase a small bottle of the lotion and a pulse point roll on.

I'm wearing the lotion with the pulse point over it today. And I was so happy to find that it smells just like I remember it.

It's a slightly spicy, powdery floral with a hint of vanilla and just a tease of fruit. I can't decide if its apricot or peach. I think it's the musk and the amber that make it smell softly powdery. It's a soft romantic scent, and the musk adds a subtle sensuous suggestion.

Ladies, if you were in love with Tresor of old and find it doesn't smell the same, try the lotion. I put on the lotion layered with the pulse point roll on perfume at 7:15 this morning, and 3 hours later it's still fragrant.

Sillage is moderate, and longevity is excellent. I'm so glad I decided to give this classic another try. I remember now why I loved it so much.

adele l
adele l

I have a 5ml in a coffret with other Lancome minis and don't use it nearly enough! It's actually very nice, peachy and powdery but not cloying at all. It smells mature and feminine and would be a good choice for days when you can't decide what to wear fragrance-wise. Not too strong- seems to have medium sillage and good staying power on my skin.

mihaelasusan
mihaelasusan

TRESOR WAS MY FIRST PERFUME ABOUT MANY YEARS AGO...IT IS ROMANTIC,CLASSIC AND SWEET.NOW I CAN WEAR ONLY IN COLD DAYS.HOWEVER IT IS ELEGANT AND RAFINED PERFUME.MY HUSBAND SAID :IT IS BORRING!AND I CAN'T WEAR NOW...WHAT A PITTY...

guest_mseidoom
guest_mseidoom

I brought Tresor when it was first launched in the 1990's. It was a beautiful fragrance and it became my favorite. Many years later, I noticed that it started to smell different. So I have been hoping these "new" variations will smell like the Tresor of old. I see the same thing has happened to J'adore by Christian Dior. Reading all these comments here, I think it's pretty much over. That lightly sweet, powdery and magical smelling Tresor will never be back. :(

Xandria
Xandria

my first perfume. i wear it when i was 12. quite expensive for me at that time but i just love this scent! good memories in bottle

guest_Vanillabean

God, I think Tresor is one of the worst scents ever. I hated the scent when I was a teenager and I still hate it. Rose and apricot? Where would anyone get that idea? It smells like a cheap drugstore perfume. I can't detect any particular notes because it seems so artificial--like it was created in a lab.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

Tresor is a nice fragrance but it seems to get too strong on some people. It has a kick to it so you have to be careful. I knew one woman who couldn't stand it when she had PMS but loved it any other time. When it is over four hours old on my skin it smells lovely. I was told that I smelled like clean laundry once. I notice the faint rose scent myself. The trouble is that I have to wait until the afternoon for it to smell good on me ! The lighter versions of it are nice if you can find them. The regular EDP is too thick and sweet when first applied for myself.
It has nothing to do with your age but Tresor just doesn't smell good on some people , let's just leave it at that !

alexanna7
alexanna7

love it.!its sophisticated,feminine,peachy.flowery.woody.a bit sweet.a bit vanillic.different.majestic rose too.lancôme make great feminine fragrance!for those who are feminine and different!i suggest lancôme to make u happy* i must add that i love this one to go to sleep!it's calming,peachy,flowery,sweet,sexy,sensual...love it!one of my favorites!

naheed

I just came to know about this one from a friend of mine so have added it in my want list. She used to wear it in her teens but now she says she wouldn't like to wear it anymore, in fact it surprises her that she used to wear it. But as I can see the nose behind this fragrance is Sophia Grojsman can't give it a miss.

Nicole79
Nicole79

I know this is one big Classic...
So very strong, thick , heavy, sweet, peachie , a bit dirty- stale and very powdery...suffocating almost !

I really don't like it !...I can't stand it !

.... must be the pinneaple , the peach and the apricot mixed with other notes that makes it an love or hate fragrance !

....There is something very depressing about this scent ;(;(;(

It has that "old " dusty style ! very oldfashion !
Not for me !

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Peach is a queen here with apricot being a little princess :-) I do not get much flowers or spices here, to me the fragrance is more of a fruity nature (but not a teenage-girl fruity one). There is hardly any oriental feel about it, take my word for that!
I cannot detect any flowers on their own, I can only say that the fragrance is a creamy peach shawl with a bit of sheer vanilla, (which is not aggressive or too dominant), the one that will keep you cosy and comfortable all day long :-)
The lasting power is above average, as is the sillage.
When I wore Tresor for the first time, the smell appeared familiar. It was Oriflame's attempt to copy Tresor by creating a perfume called 'Volare' - the cheap substitute of Tresor for less wealthy ladies.
Being quite open minded about perfumes, I will say try it regardless of your olfactive group preference.
I am sure you'll appreciate that little treasure :-)

soniamcalear

A superb eight hour perfume!!!! When I go to bed and wake up eight hours later and still smell the scent, it then passes my eight hour test of distance. This passed with flying colors! Very nice apricot scent. It smells a little like Realities by Liz Claiborn but not identical.

guest_isabell
guest_isabell

i love this scent the lilac its amazing and the apricot come through the most on my skin i wear it every day !!!!!!

guest_Vanillabean

God Tresor stinks. My best friend wears it and I can't understand why. I hated it when I was 10-years-old and I still hate it two decades later. To me it will always smell like some cheap junk you could buy at a drugstore.

NZsarah
NZsarah

It amazes me how different perfumes are on different people - some of you are saying here that it is too strong, I sparay 3 sprays on myself and can't smell it at all after 10mins! Is that a good sign?? I love this fragrance, it smells unqique and fresh and makes a good casual every-day scent.

guest_beatrix -göthemburg
guest_beatrix -göthemburg

beauthiful amazing fragrance but not for teenaige its for women vhen i vas in a H school i lovet but it vas a lite stronger to mi then but,now its time to buy i have 30 years and its vorking and i gate a lots off compliment even today vhen i tried in a stoor greate

guest_fanatic
guest_fanatic

I'm a huge fan of tresor! whenever I wear it I receive a lot of compliments and I havent met a single man who doesnt like the smell of it! it's so charming and seductive that I almost instantly feel myself as a goddess. it's perfect to wear for all seasons except summer and I'm gonna but tresor in love to wear in summer, they're not the same but I like the smell of tresor in love as well. also I'm 23 and I think every women can wear it at every age!

panda0410
panda0410

I realise this is going to be wildly unpopular.... but good grief... The peach and apricot in this seem to have grown thorns, they are sharp, unrefined and to my nose headache inducing. I thoroughly appreciate the musk and amber in the base, these are readily identifiable to me and are very welcome notes, but they do not allay the indolent head of the peach & apricot. I get the warm cozy feeling and ordinarily the notes should work for me, perhaps its the formulation, but I have had this twice now, and twice given it away. I wont try a 3rd time :(

EDIT: Ok, I must be out of my mind... I just cannot leave this one be, because on many levels I actually like it. I have obtained it again and will try again. I am starting to think that this is going to be one of those perfumes that I don't love, but don't hate either. A lighter hand on a cold day might do the trick ;) We'll see...LOL!

mymlan
mymlan

Tresor takes off with a delicious peach followed by an intriguing combination of rough iris root (like the one in Chanel No 19 pure perfume) and fresh roses.

The irisroot seems to erase the sharp edges that any rose may have and is also adding some oomph to this beauty by making it damp, almost wet and even cloudy when the top merges into the heart. Amazing...

After a while the rooty powder leaves the scene and the rose bursts out in its full complexion and loveliness. But instead of wet orris; soft musk, vanilla and silky powdery sandalwood is is now supporting the rose, making it dryer and even more sensual.

Tresor has an almost perfect longevity, sillage and bone structur. Simply adorable. Another must have creation by Grojsman.

ktv0926
ktv0926

Very rich, slightly vintage, complex and elegant scent. Respected classic. Must have for me one day.

Mushana
Mushana

This sat on my mothers dressing tabe for years in a box! I think she hated it and didn't know how to tell my Dad! She finally gave it away and I was traumatised because I used to steal a dab before school!

I may need to sample this again.....

Floritica64
Floritica64

One of my all time favorites. Very well done. Enough said.

Elisabeth M.
Elisabeth M.

This is the perfect perfume for autumn with its ripe fruit notes mixed with voluminous florals. For springtime and early summer I recommend the recently released modern version 'Tresor in Love' which contains light creamy fruit notes on top and a rose-based heart - delicious!

freggle78
freggle78

I agree that it is a nice smell but I'm sorry it is way too strong for me. If I were it my self, after one hour I have a headache, but when someone else where's it I still like it.

MrsTefee
MrsTefee

I love this! My mom used to wear it a lot when I was very young (5ish years old) and every time I smell it I get a flood of memories! I don't know if I could ever wear it because it reminds me of her but it is a very nice one.

Yes, this one is a true classic. Just like the Aviators. It does not matter how old the scent or desing is and who in the history has worn it, because I will wear it all over again. One of its kind.

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

I have always wanted to test this perfume but at the first sniff, OMG, it's too overwhelming, and even the dry-down is strongly powdery, which seems to lack some... grace I have to say. Maybe all the classic perfumes are not my cup of tea. Sorry to all the Tresor fans.

IamWoman
IamWoman

I really hoped I'd like this. Unfortunately, Tresor, which smells divine on a good friend, is overpowering and gives me headaches. It hits me HARD and overwhelms my senses. Sorry, takemyhusband...it smells nothing like Champs Elysees, which I DO wear often. CE is lilting and soothing, but I had to give my Tresor to the same friend on whom I'd admired it.

sarafirmino
sarafirmino

this one is really great, it's my mom favourite scent, her signature smell :D she loves it! and it gives me pretty good memories

MAB
MAB

I received a bottle of Tresor from a new "friend" when this first came out in Europe. He had never bought a scent for anyone before and I had never accepted one before testing *alot*! Despite my hesitation, it became my signature scent. It drove him crazy. All my air mail notes were scented with Tresor.
Our relationship is still long distance; but, I always look for that duty free bag of European Tresor when he visits his "Princess". (It still smells better than US distributed Tresor!)

jr

See 12/21/08 post. My mother lives out of state. I just came back from a visit for Passover/Easter/Spring Break 2010. The one item I continually look for in her house is the "Bath Powder" I gave her for Christmas in 2008. I don't think she ever got to use it :( I truely believe a family member saw it and immediately took it for themselves. Everyone in our large family loves Tresor! What to do, lol?

kittymoon
kittymoon

Isn’t this a caring mother in a bottle? Ok it’s not for you if you want to be unique. It must be one of the best selling perfumes ever. It is lovely and gentle like summer wind on soft skin. It’s got “Love me I’m a good girl!” written all over it. It’s so comforting, motherly, romantic, powdery, honest it nearly hurts.

Sarah Bas Eleazar
Sarah Bas Eleazar

There is perfume better than this?

Yes, only 1: Gió, Giorgio Armani, only.

Tresór is a wonderful, sweet, classy, intense, elegant, awesome.

Every time I smell it I stay marvel. How can someone have invented fragrance so happy?
I'm in love with him and definitely not a perfume for older women but for women elegant and very feminine

misswhite130
misswhite130

This perfume has always confused me. its sweet but woody and i can't decide whether it's light or heavy! i've worn it for almost 5 years now and i've never smelt it on anyone else. it's a classic scent but definately an aquired scent!

dalmajen
dalmajen

As I am a fan of Lancome, I bought a small bottle of this to try. As it had vanilla as one of the notes, I thought it would be O.K, but wasn't impressed at all. It comes across very sweet and cloying. I love a good staying fragrance, but this was headache material!! Have had much better Lancome perfumes, wouldn't buy it again!

I was planning to review Gabriele Strehle STRENESSE today, but it wasn't in the database. I liked it, and it reminded me vaguely of an old friend, Lancôme TRESOR, with which I have a long-term relationship. When I dabbed on the perfume for the first time in years, a flood of memories filled my mind, back from the time when Isabella Rossellini's image was ubiquitous.

I approached TRESOR with some trepidation today, not wanting to disrupt all of my past fond feelings for this fragrance. But my worries were for naught, for I still, after all these years, love the sweet rose, peach, and vanilla concoction that TRESOR is to me.

TRESOR, like it or not, was a trendsetter, perhaps the perfume that set off the explosion of sweet scents that have become so prevalent over the course of the past twenty years. TRESOR is an oriental floral in the sweetest sense of those words, for its vanilla infuses a slurry of pineapple and apricot--in addition to a double dose of peach--in which abundant rose petals float along with a few other diverse floral garnishes.

TRESOR is oh-so-sweet, yet oh-so-loveable, a guilty pleasure hidden away in a cookie jar to eat when no one else is around... TRESOR may have been my first comfort scent, and for that reason I hold it in esteem, despite my belief that its allures are somehow superficial. But I still cannot deny, no matter how hard I try, that I love the way this smells!

Frangipani76
Frangipani76

I remember I wore this perfume when I was in college. And all my friends commented," Why do you smell like an old-lady?". Hahahaha I dunno but I think I'll make a repurchase of this one. Despite of all the negative comments, I feel comfortable and feminine when I'm wearing it.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

My mummy uses the often this scent.She is a delicate person and blonde. These were first good scent which I felt at home and I interested myself as the teenager . My mother adore it , and I adore my mummy. :)

rotorres
rotorres

Fermented fruit!This perfume smells just like a fruit liqueur I made for Christmas gifts.It was dried pineapple, mango, apricots, sugar and vodka.I bought a gift set from ebay unsniffed, because I like a lot of the notes that were listed in this perfume, especially pineapple, bergamont,vanilla, amber, and lovely lovely jasmine.I can't pick out any one note in Tresor except overwhelming apricot/peach.There is no beginning, middle,or end. It stays the same all the way through.A disappointing usage of my fundage.This is the first perfume that has ever given me a headache too.If anyone wants to buy/trade PLZ contact me.

eilismaireg

This stank on me of overripe fruit, the pineapple and apricot notes too distinct. I do like a fruity note ie; I love Femme but this isn't dark enough for me, it's more like apricot jam. I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a Sophia Grojsman fan. I also find the bottle rather clunky and weird.
Tried this one again the other day and found it comforting...maybe it's a winter thing!!

Sissi
Sissi

I Think this has to be the most beautiful Bottle next to Chanel no 5
I Just love the coloring. it reminds you of the sun setting driving though
the Fashionable Parisian district of
Champs Elysees. Very Elegant.

The first notes is very sweet Apricot Blossom Peach.

and it dries down to Vanilla Amber And the last Sandalwood.

As much as i love the Bottle this is not one of my favorites because i not a
fan of Vanilla. but i will give this a

Synsa
Synsa

I got this tresor because a friend of mine who works as a stewardess recommended me. She told me that this is very excellent and divine.

So, I got it and it didn't work for me.

I don't like it at all. I gave away to other after few times trial.

For me, it just failed. It's gave me a headache, too heavy not suiting my age.

I'm sorry, but I can't even smell any roses notes. I don't think this tresor consider flowery. It's too much... maybe too much alcohol in it.

However, Tresor does has, long staying power. This is the quality that one might like.

Honestly, I wont buy Tresor again...

And don't even think to give Tresor as a gift to me... I won't be that eager... :(

sorry dear friends...

Fragaria
Fragaria

Someone mentioned the vulgar adds. I have to agree that most of the women rolling around in a bed or the flashy MTV-like adds where you can't even focus on the subject and have hard music makes me think the girl would grab the man in a dominant manner! Tresor with Kate Winslet was so soft and pretty and tender, I definitely want to try it now. I want to smell pretty, not like a female wrestler. The Tresor add accomplishes this!

Another Grosjman not understood by everyone. I used to dislike it, very much...but now I love it! It grew on me. Now I find it a real treasure. Will not be saying that for Spellbound however!!

I love strong florals, even the headache-inducing, overpoweringly heavy ones. I assumed that I would enjoy this classic fragrance, however this was not so.

When I first sprayed Tresor I had to smell my wrist a couple of times in order to clarify that it was perfume that I was actually smelling. It smelt like decay to me. Rotting fruit, wet sand, stale sweat and mothballs. I will add however that this was from an EDT tester bottle, so the EDP may be a lot nicer. This review may also be on one of the Tresor versions, so please correct me if I am wrong.

Needless to say, I was shocked by what I encountered. A tinge of sweetness later on only made this fragrance more nauseating. Something tells me that this has to be a different perfume, perhaps even an off bottle. I cannot understand why anyone would want to wear it.

In conclusion, thankfully, it's lasting power was very poor.

jatzzie
jatzzie

I was 100% sure before smelling Tresor, that I would hate it.I was expecting to smell this Chanel 5-type of old-smelling, extremely heavy perfume, but my gosh was I pleasantly surprised when I got this lovely non-overbearing flowery, dreamy scent. :)

HOPE007

This is a beautiful masterpiece of a fragrance that definitely has to work with a persons chemistry. As for those who say you have to be this hair color/skin temp or that I think that is silly.. but, well here goes:
I am a natural redhead/more on the strawberry blonde side as I have hit my 20's, I have a low skin temperature, and I live in a hot climate. For some reason this is nice and warm on me. I do not wear it in an overpoweringly manner and a little goes a long way. I can wear incredibly heavy perfumes and get away with them, many people have told me this - so I am not imagining it, hahaha... It is all in how you apply and how well you wear them. & this one is gold. I need to get more of this one.. I adore orientals, they are my favorite next to aldehydes.

jigglyclefairypuff
jigglyclefairypuff

Tresor was an acquired fragrance for me = I initially despised its pungent smell but gradually understood why Tresor is famous for what it is.

Heavy florals with underlying dark spicy basenotes.

I don't see myself ever liking this,but I hope Tresor will have my grudging respect in the years to come.

albatros
albatros

Tresor bu Lancome deserves to have another name definitely! It is far away from some treasure, i can call it Horror or Migraine or Chemical Weapon etc. and i am trying to be polite here. It happened to me once that it really made me vomit and after that i am literally scared to death of this (so called) perfume.

7seven7
7seven7

It doesn't work with my chemistry but I think it smells great on other people. My husband took a whiff of it and thought it smelled like "a little old lady".

flowers_are_evil
flowers_are_evil

love vanilla base note, reminds me of Poeme a bit.

soniamcalear

This to me is what Lancome stands for-heady and strong scents! This is a crisp green scent with Apricot mixed in. A truly beautiful scent! Used to be one of my favorites back in the early 90's. Magie Noir was too!

Old good Tresor! how I loved this back in time! It is a very romantic but not frilly scent. I used to wear it when I was about 20. Rose is the core, then apricot notes and woodsy soft notes in the drydown make it a glorious, warm, all woman, sweet and late spring perfume. It is actually a powdery rose, but in a total different way for that age. It smelled very new. I still remember the lady in a perfume store in Germany telling me: "Ja, ja, das ist ganz neu!" Well, it doesn't mean that only new perfumes are nice! Of course, it's no like so, but I really like when a new release is so meaningful that can be representative of a decade. I loved the elegant, sensual and romantic ads with Isabella Rossellini, so different from many vulgar ads today who push so hard on sexual stereotypes.
You need to spray only 2 squirt, not bathing in it! I always liked this kind of perfumes that you need to wear with sense, beautiful romantic bombs, half way between florals and orientals, a beautiful invention! I totally agree with previous reviewer.
Many ladies wore this back in time and it became kind of overused and abused. It smells a little dirty on some skin chemistries.
I grew tired and bored of it in time, but I 've worn it recently from a tester and felt in heaven! I'm thinking about buying a small bottle again.

Kamicha
Kamicha

Tresor has probably paved my path to orientals. I remember the very first experience of it clearly. The fragrance had not arrived to my hometown yet - but I was on vacation and tested it on on a duty free shop.

I fell head over heels for it - I never experienced anything like it. Every single note was pure enjoyment and it agreed beautifully with my skin chemistry - although florals tend to be difficult to me. I got my first bottle instantly and wore it for years, on my early twenties.

If you get the feel that Tresor is heavy I suggest purchasing a touch bottle instead of spray. EDP has amazing staying power and presence, just a light touch to pulse points was enough for me.

I note that there are some reviews that suggest it to be a spring perfume - agreed. The mood of Tresor is perfect for the time of year when the nature starts to wake up around you - but the weather is still quite cool.

On my skin Tresor is fruity rose with beautifully blended oriental base of softest, warmest amber, very rounded wood and vanilla. It might be the iris that brings a hint of powderiness and old school charm to it. For me it has always been a small wonder how well the fresh peach accord lasts in this scent, the fruit notes tend to be relatively short lived in many perfumes.

I would also describe it relatively ageless scent. The long lasting fruitiness and sparkling floral notes exude youthfulness, the complex blend and light powderiness carry some history and tradition. I also agree that it's strong presence needs some confidence from the wearer - but it is not all over your face if you don't overdose it.

Tresor is very recognizable but still very reactive to skin chemistry. And the downside is the popularity.

Haven't worn it in years, but I think that I might be ready for a small touch bottle for special occasions - and next spring.

This is the only fragrance from Lancome I actually enjoy.

Anahi
Anahi

OOh I do love this..

It smells like a powdery fruity floral, not as spicy as I thought by looking at the perfume content!

cleona3
cleona3

I think this perfume for mature women,not for young and romantic girl.
Not for every day,only for special occasion.
Smells too stong on me.

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

Many of the members who've already reviewed this scent have written very romantic descriptions, which to me, are very fitting. Tresor is a very romantic perfume that expresses a femininity that is derived from strength, spirit, emotions, and happiness. To me, Tresor smells like falling in love - everything is in bloom, everything feels light and full of wonder.

It's true that Tresor is a very strong scent, but it's not strong in the way that so many classic, aldehydic florals (like Beautiful, and Chanel No.5) tend to be. Tresor is a wonderful, powdered rose, that is kept in check by a generous dose of peach and apricot, which keep things light and fun, and it's also weighted by a layer of amber that's been woven with vetiver.

Though this is a perfume that some may consider to be old-fashioned or matronly, I think this is because it's been around for awhile, so a younger generation associates it with their elders who've worn it in the past, or have remained loyal to the scent and wear it to this day. It is one of the only classics I can tolerate, and to me, it doesn't feel old at all. Though the main component of Tresor is a rose accord, I wore this in high school and I never recognized the rose for what it was; it's beautifully blended with the amber, fruits, and powder, and leaves a lovely, light sillage that never feels dominating or "old woman-ish."

I think this perfume really was a gateway scent, which paved the way for other sweet, powdery florals that my younger generation and myself adore, like Flowerbomb and Alien.

I don't currently own a bottle of this, though I've owned bottles in the past but everytime I come back to it, I'm swept off my feet. In small doses, Tresor can be a great scent to wear if you want to add a romantic aspect to a night out (or in).

lollipop.prince
lollipop.prince

I work in a nursing home and have had the opportunity to take care of some wonderful, smart, and courageous ladies. Some of these ladies fought in World War II. For some reason when I wear this perfume, I feel like they become a part of me (these women). Now don't get me wrong, I love being a guy. For some reason one day I was curious and bought a tiny bottle of Tresor. Just the way it looked caught my attention. The rich amber-colored bottle: it was elegant and beautiful. There are not many times in a single man's life that he can experience something beautiful and elegant such as this. When I got home I sprayed it lightly onto my wrist and immediately I was transported to another time. A time when men were off to war and women were left behind to take care of this country. However, this fragrance somehow gave me a feeling that a woman who wore this would not have stayed behind. She would have joined the military and fought alongside her man. It is majestic and soft, confident and gentle. Some may believe it to be 'repulsive' or 'cloying'. I believe this fragrance is what it is: a treasure. Even for me, a single guy, I appreciate the beauty that is Tresor. It gives me courage when I wear it, and I'm not afraid to say I'm glad I tried this one.

Jasraeldesigns
Jasraeldesigns

This fragrance is a classic. I remember wearing this in college on a cold winter day walking to class. I did not like it than, as it was and is an extremely mature fragrance not for the faint at heart.
On my chemistry, it is STRONG. Really, a little bit goes the whole day, a long way for me. This fragrance reminds me of my mother, and its matronly, yet it is also pretty.

The complexities of the many layers of fragrance add to the "power" this fragrance packs.
For example, the peach, heliotrope, iris, along with the vanilla, sandalwood and amber is enough aroma to last years!
For my chemistry, the peach and heliotrope grandstand all of the other subtle nuances throughout.
Only to end with a shout of amber and vanilla. Sweet and strong

When used sparingly, and in COLD weather, this fragrance could prove to be extremely classy.

Give it a try!

Polymath
Polymath

I read so many good reviews of this perfume so I bought some. I really wanted to like it, but I was overwhelmed by the smell of rotting fruit. I'll try it again sometime, as I have found that my tastes seem to change. But this will probably not be anytime soon.

moonruby
moonruby

Heavily reminds me of old ladies on a tobacco smoking marathon.
It's not exactly unpleasant, but there's a particular note I cant make out that makes it a little off-putting.
I wont be wearing this till Im 90.

alef
alef

Ummmmmhhhhhh Tresor :))) I felt in love with it the first time I smelled it. It was 1990 I guess... I tried it and visited my ex-husband's office. I remember the effect it made on him :)))) It helped me several times to smoother men throughout my life-cycle :)))

Zaleska
Zaleska

Well,
1 - I love roses;
2 - I'm not blonde;
3 - My skin temperature is high;
4 - I live in a country with a warm and humid climate;
5 - I tested Trèsor EDP today and it works pretty good on my skin. It's majestic! I got compliments!

BINGO!

EDIT:
IMHO, I don't think it's a perfume made for a specific kind of woman and/or the country she lives. That's not the point. The key is not to exaggerate the dose.
With a little sense of taste and style, Trèsor can be classy no matter where you are!

bhean_sidhe
bhean_sidhe

Mypersonalharmonics, thanks for a wonderful comment, now I understand why I like it so much! I'm exactly like this (a rose-loving blonde with low skin temperature) and I've been dreaming of this perfume for years, though I wasn't so sure if it would suit me. Now that I have it I'm in heaven. :)

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

An excellent choice for rose-loving blondes with low skin temperature.A possible disaster on dark girls in a warm and humid climate.

Rose sparkling in a garden of peach trees,a slightly dizzy effect like you've had too much of a liquer,a haunting aura when you walk by.

Still,I think it really feels old right now,not vintage.If you want a vintage rose go for Paris-YSL.

Sublime bath line,suggested for a well being aromatic treat without the heady effect of the perfume.

guest_anaa:)
guest_anaa:)

This is my grandma's favorite perfume. I think it's classy and elegant but old fashioned and a bit too sweet for me.

katyas
katyas

I had this one on my "I want" list for a long time now, but only recently was I able to test it, and I was disappointed. It is too sweet (and this coming from someone who LIKES sweet), too synthetic, just ... too much. Like Deseo, it smells like the flowers are on the verge of rotting. Not for me.

sky76sky
sky76sky

I have to be honest: this perfume is too much for me - too much peach, apricot, sugar & invasion of my space - & it sadly gives me a headache.

BUT, I appreciate its qualities. It is an exceptionally well-crafted fragrance, that neatly sidesteps the pitfalls which ensnare your average peachy-sugar-frou-frou scents I seem to stand behind in supermarket queues.

There is a certain dusty creaminess of sandalwood, vanilla & musk with warm amber drawing you in. The flowers are strong, the peach features heavily, yet this scent manages to remain both romantic & seductive.

Not my cup of tea - but a piece of olfactory art.

ineedavktion
ineedavktion

I've tried several times with this scent and always walked away. In the last two weeks I have met two women who were both wearing Tresor and it smelled absolutely wonderful on them...so back to the store once again. I have to say going through the top and middle notes was not the greatest, but the scent left on my skin for the rest of the day was divine!!!! So, yes this is really nice, not to heavy, not too sweet. So if you can wait until the dry down, this one may work for you.

krishka
krishka

Classic and elegant...several years ago when a friend of my wore it i didn't like it on her( smelled very sweet and heavy) so never tested on my skin but recently sprayed it on my neck and hair and fell in love with it.On my skin i don't smell any sweetness, it is very oriental and fresh...kind of spicy...Unique and young!

vdxl
vdxl

A nice classic scent that remains truly feminine. It can be worn on all occasions as it evokes true elegance. A copied by many Bulgarian rose fragrance.

MoietToi
MoietToi

The opening is alright nothing too bad. However the dry down eew,ew,ew it gives me a headache. Litterally it smells like some kind of vanilla custard which has gone all rotten. However this scent may suit someone else looking at all the postive reviews. It's just something about me and Lancomes perfumes we don't get along very well.

Philyra
Philyra

I have a weakness for Orientals, and Tresor is no exception. The richness of the fruits, particularly the peach and the apricot, is exquisite. It's warm in a seductive and comforting manner. Its staying power is also a good indicative of its quality, very French indeed. It's no surprise it became a classic so quickly and has survived the cruel pass of time that others haven't. I wonder if this little treasure is Sophia Grojsman's favourite "child". One thing is for sure, she can be very proud of her creation.

megannsmom
megannsmom

It's funny, so many reviews say this is too heavy and sweet; I have worn this scent for years and have always wished it were stronger, LOL! For me, it is a light scent, fresh but subdued peaches with a bit of powder and musk. I love the scent, and as it is the scent I wore when hubby and I started dating, it always reminds us both of those days.....so I will of course always have a bottle around, LOL!

IloveDat
IloveDat

I love this the most, it's not really sweet I think, I dont' like sweet either, I knew it when I was a lil girl and now I still love it. It's good to use in winter. Don't use it in summer. Don't think that only old women wear it because lots of teenager are wearing it today, :)). And I love that ( also hate cause I can smell it everywhere, T_T )

guest_teddilvr
guest_teddilvr

I have worn Tresor for about 15 years, absolutely love it. I have received so many compliments over the years, from men and women. It has been the only perfume that would not choke me and cut off my nasal passages. I have many others, the only one coming to close to me wearing daily is Be Givenchy. Tresor is me....

falovalo
falovalo

I wanted to like it, because I smelled it when I was younger and wanted to feel more adult. But to me, it had a slight smell of beer or rotting florals, something off putting that I just didn't care for.

guest_justme
guest_justme

I like the smell, but on my skin, it turns into a smell very much alike dead rotten bugs. :( Can't wear it :(

Russian
Russian

Such a mild and sophisticated fragrance!I prefere the EDP version instead of the EDT one.
It is classic and because of that I think it can be worn by woman of all ages,not only the mature ones.
I agree the top notes are sweet and don't seem that classy,but the middle and the base notes are just perfect!
I could detect lilly of the valley,peach and bergamot when I first sprayed it on my skin.
The middle notes and more romantic and they last quite long.
My favourite part of this fragrance are the base notes.The base notes are like the top notes,but without that sweetness.
It's only the classy allure of this fragrance that remains after a few hours.
I like it very much and I agree it is a symbol of class and sophistication.It's not a perfume for everyone.If you don't understand or like it,then don't try to wear it.

holanda79
holanda79

Please what's the difference between this Tresor and Tresor Eau De Toilett??, cause i received the last one as a gift and it smells very soft and oriental sweet, i love it but a long time ago i used to have the Tresor and i can not recongize any defference, i want to know if is the same aroma.

darlingbuds
darlingbuds

As Joseph Welch said to Senator McCarthy: 'You have done enough. Have you no sense of decency. . . at long last?'

Unbearable.

kahokero
kahokero

Tresor smells sour. I don't like the apricot smell. It is not something that makes me happy, so I will not buy it. I don't even want to have it for free. I know that it is a classic, but it doesn't suit my taste.

dutch mickie
dutch mickie

definately not one of my favorites. got it 2 times from 2 different people. for me it stays on too long and there's a "sweet-girl" smell to it that doesn't fit me. i like the powdery and floral touches but miss the warmth of a fireplace. of course this is my personal opinion, lots of people seem to love the smell and it's recommended to me in perfume stores several times. a tip: try a sample first. think you like it of hate it

sapphire73
sapphire73

I bought this a few years ago, it's a classy musk, nice daytime fragrance.

pumpkinqueen
pumpkinqueen

It was my first ever perfume and for sentimental reasons i love it.

It is sweet and comforting BUT

1. I smell ALOT of alcohol
2. It gives me the worst headache

I will never buy it again

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

Peanuts. Tresor reminds me of sweet peanuts. It is very pronounced at first, but the nuttiness never really goes away. Now here's the really weird thing- I kind of like it. It's kind of like the gourmands- if you are in the mood to smell like food, Tresor's nuts aren't a bad food to smell like. I would pick these peanuts over "Angel's" chocolate any day!

Malegria

Okay! I give up and want Tresor NOW. I know I wrote that I would wear it when I`ll be more confident and mature, but I take my words back. It`s divine, gorgeous and may be the best Lancome ever...I tested it once again today and marveled at it`s beauty once more.So feminine, warm, content and everything you can wish to find in a perfume.

Smyrnist
Smyrnist

I have been using Tresor for almost 15 years. I used to like it a lot, but in the last few years i feel a strange smell in Lancome perfumes that really disturbs me and i cant explain what that stinky smell is... So i want wear this perfume any more... I tried Magnifique today, and there was this same ugly scent in it. I dont know what it is but it is very synthetic...

jr

Love it. My mother used to wear Poeme. It gave us all headaches. Then someone gave her Tresor. Ah, so nice, no headaches, so classy and beautiful. I've bought others for myself but deep down, really wanted Tresor. Mom can't keep her bottle from going empty. Everyone wants a spritz as they go past it, so for Christmas 08 I bought her the bath powder.

margierose
margierose

I think Tresor is marvelous. Such of lovely romantic fragrance. Love the apricot and rose,just so pretty. I get compliments all the time when I wear this fragrance.

rushbysi
rushbysi

Initially I did not have a liking for Tresor, as I smelt it on someone else and it just didnt smell appealing. While looking for a present for a friend who loves heavy orientals I gave it a test on my own skin and was amazed. I bought it then and there. Very flowery and pretty.

Nuppu
Nuppu

Ah Tresor! After one day of sampling and testing newbies, most of them too light, too neutral, too safe, too blaah, it was a real treat to spray on Tresor. Soft peaches, sweet heliotrope and jasmine playing nicely together. Feminine and flirty, and not at all for "for older ladys only" (and how I do hate when people use that term on perfumes), this is young at heart. Tresor kicks most new perfumes little, skinny butts!

Taliera
Taliera

I didn't like it on the first, second or third sniffing - but on the fourth it started to grow on me. I must sniff it again to do it justice...

Dani-G
Dani-G

Almost all of you have mentioned, that it is a quite heavy scent. I've tried it many times, but I did not find it heavy, even more - I think it is a light spring perfume, and I thought I can wear it in the office, since it is not too outstanding... Very strange, how different the tastes can be.

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

Not for the shy. I have found men compliment this scent quite a bit. I really detect the peach in this one but it isn't really a soft peach-this is a rather sharp-smelling perfume and is not subtle. The staying power of this perfume is unreal-it lasts all day and then some. I wore this for many years but no longer use it. However, I do think it is an intersting scent for a confident woman. I would suggest taking it for a test run before purchasing a bottle to see how it works for your chemistry because it is quite heavy.

Jeanette
Jeanette

I have a cute little bottle of this one. Sometimes i like it, sometimes i don't. It depends on my mood. If i fell sexy and confident i love to wear it.
Many people think this is an old ladys perfume but i disagree.
This parfume is for confident women in combination with high heels and a bold eye liner. So my tip is to try this perfume while feeling confident and sexy, it's in that state of mind you can appreciate and carry it with it's full potential!
(Men seems to likes it... but it might also be the high heels ;)

azuriiita
azuriiita

Truly fruity- floral scent... intense apricot and peach, with jasmine, amber, musk and a bit of vanilla ...
For me it's have a little fragrance of coffee dessert ...
Could be nice to women that likes be noticed by their perfume wherever they walking. I can imagine a beauty face woman with 1/2 hell leather shoes, and cotton or linen formal clothes, of neutral colors...

Malegria

I like it, but I am a bit shy to wear it. It smells very unique and 100% recognizable!On my skin it smells strongly of yellow roses, the ones that are almost ready to shed petals and already started to fade. I also feel heliotrope and ripe juicy peach.In my opinion,you have to be either very confident - classic-style, modest-chic kind of confident - or in your late 30s and older.I will definitely wear it when my time comes.

Lisa
Lisa

My favorite perfume, it can transported me to a better place, evey time I wear it.

sharp and too sweet at the first,but then you might find it so romantic.

Scent lover
Scent lover

On me it smells very sweet almonds. Too sweet I think. It would make a nice body lotion though! :)

katrin
katrin

it's a attractive scent , i get many compliments when im wearing it ..

sonrise
sonrise

This perfume just wasn't for me. Im not sure what I dont like about it. Maybe that it wasn't anything special. And I have no sweet or special memories attached to it.

klonk
klonk

Smelled this again after many years...
Forgot all about it, but this is what my mother used to wear (as many other mum's as I can read below!)and it smells soooo good on her! Very warm, feminine, soft, sweet and elegant. And yes, it is right; a little goes a long way...

tamika1girl
tamika1girl

I love this perfume for this close intimate occasions! It is very sensual.

shopping_crazyx3
shopping_crazyx3

Looks like a perfectly beautiful blend of Floral and fruit, so I don't know why it's an oriental floral?? Aside from the lilac, I adore this fragrance. It's sophisticated and elegant, but young and fruity. Perfect all year round because of the warm pleasent smell and the fruity floral summery hint. Perhaps I only like it because I'm very young, but I just like it. You should try it on yourself before you buy it.

Me_the_vip
Me_the_vip

i like this... very senzual and so elegant. perfect for a romantic dinner

Carmel
Carmel

I absolutely loved it when I was younger and wore it almost daily. On me, too, the apricot scent was the strongest. I haven't smelled it in a while and am not sure if I would still like it, as I have strayed away from warmer scents. But I remember that it was super pretty and that men loved it.

Allegra
Allegra

Alongside with CK One, Tresor is THE fragrance of the 90's. A classic perfume but too sweet and "heavy" to my taste. I liked it when I was a teenager but wouldn't wear it today.

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

Tresor is said to have notes of lilac and apricot, with lower notes with amber and musk. The lilac, apricot & amber come through the most on my skin. On me Tresor smells similar to Champs Elysees. I have it, but I don't wear it too much. It is great for scenting stationary.

cutiedoll25
cutiedoll25

i love this scent it reminds me of my mother. who pasted away

2007

It's flowery, romantic, perfect for dream girls. Elegant, very 'french', seductive, classic.

2007

Tresor Perfume by Lancome, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
TRESOR for WOMEN by Lancome EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
TRESOR for WOMEN by Lancome EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
FragranceShop.com
Tresor by Lancome for Women 2 Piece Set Includes 1.7 oz Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz Body Lotion
Tresor Perfume by Lancome - 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Lancome 'Tresor' Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz
Sephora.com, Inc.
Lancome Tresor 1.7 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Lancome Tresor 1.7 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
TRESOR LUMINEUSE for WOMEN by Lancome EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ NEW PACKAGING TESTER
Gift Set 1.7oz
Lancome Tresor Coffret L'Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz Body Lotion 50ml 1.7oz 2pcs
TRESOR for WOMEN by Lancome EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ NEW PACKAGING
Lancome 'Tresor' Set 122 Value
Lancome 'Tresor' Set 122 Value
Lancome Tresor L' Eau De Parfum Lumineuse Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Lancome Tresor L' Eau De Parfum Lumineuse Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lancome Tresor fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lancome Tresor, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tresor by Lancome. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tresor by Lancome represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.