Designers » L » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Tresor Midnight Rose Lancome for women

Tresor Midnight Rose Lancome for women
dislike

I have it: 985 I had it: 221 I want it: 1038 My signature: 34

Tresor Midnight Rose Lancome for women Pictures Tresor Midnight Rose Lancome for women Pictures Tresor Midnight Rose Lancome for women Pictures Tresor Midnight Rose Lancome for women Pictures Tresor Midnight Rose Lancome for women Pictures Tresor Midnight Rose Lancome for women Pictures Tresor Midnight Rose Lancome for women Pictures

The latest fragrance by the house of Lancome, Tresor Midnight Rose is announced as a seductive edition, successor to the last year's edition Tresor In Love in a purple flacon.

A new dose of Parisian romance provides a fragrant story beginning with passionate accords of raspberry and rich rose nuance. Love at first sight which happened between gentle rose petals and red fruit zest of raspberry continues with a hint of peony and jasmine, in an elegant and sophisticated way. Insolence felt in a heart comes from pink pepper and a dose of gentleness from currant buds. Base notes provide tranquility and comfort– composed of warm and soft vanilla, woody nuances of Virginian cedar and sensual musky veil.

Top notes: raspberry rose absolute
Heart: jasmine, peony, currant buds, pink pepper
Base: Virginian cedar, musk and vanilla

Face of the new Lancome Tresor Midnight Rose is Emma Watson, who posed for photos of the campaign in Paris. The photos were taken by Mario Testino.

On the market from September 2011!

Rose Raspberry

Jasmine Peony Cassis Pink Pepper

Musk Virginia Cedar Vanille

Jeanne Lanvin Couture
Tresor Midnight Rose La Coquette Limited Edition
Promesse

Tresor Midnight Rose Fragrance Reviews

suhaesa

purple is one of my favourite colours unfortunately not in perfumes i tend to stay away from any dark deep purpely coloured perfume bottle their juices usually nauseate me due to the extreme sweetness or synaestheticness ..but this one is a bit different story to an extent..
it smells as if it has a oud note in the background ..its creamy dense full of plums and woods and deep roses its sensual daring deep yet romantic and almost velvety ..
its a night perfume ..a winter perfume..its not easy for me to review perfumes that i havnt been using for a while this one i only have a sample that iam reviewing it from and its not on my love list...
its depth is a plus its an floriental without the sandalwood without any aldehides..its a syrupy dense raspberry vanilic woodsy connotation of ceder wood and musk layered with rose and peppers
the final result smells very oriental almost like arabian perfumes or french oud inspired perfumes..as it settles and merges with your skin chemestry it changes in to darker more prominent berry like connotation..

babykays
babykays

it literally smells like purple fox crystal candy. i bought 2 bottles of this and wanted to give the other one to my best friend... but now im afraid she doesnt like it.

UPDATE: so it is now 4 am in the morning. before i sprayed this perfume 5 mins before i wrote the first review, i was spraying a lot of fragrances i think i was nauseated. Now I can smell it right and it's beautiful. i love it.

Maine_girl
Maine_girl

I want to like this perfume so much. I've tried it many different times and I've come to the conclusion that this is one I'm just going to have to forget about - I just don't care for it. On me, all I get is raspberry and cedar. It reminds me of the way things smell when they are taken out of a cedar chest after a few years. Not for me, unfortunately.

ChypreAnn
ChypreAnn

Raspberry is to Tresor Midnight Rose as peach is to original Tresor: heavy, boozy, and decadent. I really like it! To me it smells exactly like Chambord liqueur. I was sniffing myself and thinking, WHAT was that drink we guzzled all the time in college? Then it hit me: purple hooter shooters. Tresor Midnight Rose is nostalgic -- wild college girls at the bar, with all their drama.

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

A woody, warm rose perfume. The rose-raspberry combination seems both creative and slightly musky-pungent, matched with pepper, musk and cedar as it is. Jasmine and vanilla--these elements I love but here they are hidden. A very similar but, in my opinion, more successful blend is the Body Shop's White Musk Smoky Rose. Less juicy but Smoky Rose has more florals for a better peppery-warm balance. The sillage and longevity in Smoky Rose are not as good, however.

yourlocalcynic
yourlocalcynic

I have a love-hate relationship with this perfume. On first spray, I am hit with a sickeningly sweet berry note and I hate it. However within 10 minutes or so that gives way and it becomes a quite lovely, sophisticated kind of woody/mildly spicy perfume that I quite love. If you can get past the first couple of minutes it really does grow into a beautiful smell. Lasts on me all day. A perfume I wasn't expecting to like as much as I do.

beatrix75

lovely tresor sexy sweeth varm fragrance

It is a charming fruity / berry scent ! I get compliments when I wear it and then for some reason I get tired of it, could be that it has in a way a simplistic vibe , and that it smells like many gourmand scents out there !? I prefer la vie est belle as it is in a way more complex and more mature .
So I don't know really it will never be a love for me, but it has a charming appeal in a young way, I think the lack of sophistication is what makes me more hesitant about getting it again.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Tresor Midnight Rose is a really gorgeous scent that I did not expect to like. It took me by surprise. When I first sprayed it on I thought, oh dear, berry notes, this is going to turn into syrup, but it does not. This is a very well balanced fragrance, especially for a woody fruity floral. It is sweet, but also deep, dark, peppery, cedary, and very green to balance out the raspberry, rose and vanilla.

When I first sprayed on the juice I got a very green note, that feels dark green like fig leaves but it must be the cassis leaves since they are what the notes say it contains. There is a wet sour floral note that must be the peony possibly, but it is short lived and not unpleasant. Then the rose and raspberry start to develop and after about half an hour strong peppery notes come in. After another 45 minutes, the raspberry note has turned very sweet, but it is a deep, dark sweetness that is lightened by the rose and balanced by the creamy jasmine and more green and pepper that becomes less sharp and feels "rounder" as the musk really asserts itself and softens all the notes.

At this point in the development I was afraid the fragrance would be overall too sweet for me to wear much, but the development was not over, there was more to come. In the final drydown the sweetness is balanced by a vanilla that for once is not too sweet, just soft and musky, and lovely prominent wood notes. The cedar notes are not sharp like wood shavings, but deep and fragrant like a real cedar tree with its needles blowing gently in the wind. The pepper and rose are still there, but at this stage, they take a back seat to the jasmine and peony. This is just a gorgeous composition, like the development of a lovely adagio movement in a symphony. Tresor Midnight rose is sweet,but it's also edgy and modern, a perfect mix to my nose.

It took me 3 days of constant wearing to really appreciate all the nuances of this fragrance, but now that I have, I must say that Lancome has hit a home run with this perfume. It is very well done and IMHO is as good as some niche scents I have tried. Thank you Lancome for a wonderful product!

Vampiris

this is my second review here, I am in love with this purple potion, my 75ml bottle is pretty much empty this weekend and I have just noticed that Midnight Rose is the only perfume in my collections that I have emptied..I have requested my second bottle for my birthday which will be in April..I can't wait for it..really..it's like I can't waiting to get one year older :)

I am surprised that how easy it is for me to wear it, I wear it to work a lot, it smells lovely and elegant to me, it's a cool scent to my nose rather than a fruity/sweet gourmand scent, because it has a fresh twist in it, I can also smell something citrusy, green and woody in it with the berry notes which makes it quite unique..there is a very light hint of rose in it on my skin, but not that noticeable..

I have found no one else wearing this scent in the past two years..somehow there has been a great chemistry between me and Midnight Rose from the first day we met, I got the most compliments from this scent..I am impressed by its excellent sillage and longevity..

When I am wearing it at work, I feel confident, girly, determined and powerful. Interestingly it keeps my mind sharp/clear as well and at the end of the day, no headaches like some other perfumes I have tried or had

I am really in love with Mid Night Rose, it's a mature sweet scent and it's so me right now

Izumee
Izumee

I would categorize this one as a floral fruity gourmand :p the vanilla is very apparent. With a fruity sweetness (berry), with a hint of floral. I think this is an excellent choice for a teenagers from 18-23 yrs old. The impression this perfume gives really show a resonance with that group of age, imho.

Stunning!!!!!!!
I finally got my own bottle of this gorgeous scent!!!
It has been on my wishlist for at least a year and now I pulled the trigger to finally get it!
And I am soooooo happy I did!
This is so deep & rich & extremely intoxicating!
It is more fruity than it is floral, but in a very good & sophisticated way.
It's sultry & sexy,...
It's seductive & indulging,...
It's longlasting and has a nice sillage.
Absolutely ~L~O~V~E~ Midnight Rose!!!
♥♥♥♥♥

jdokicfan
jdokicfan

BEAUTIFUL! probably my favorite perfume EVER!
Sweet, fruity and just stunning! I can't stop smelling my wrist when i wear this.
Something about the raspberry and the hint of spiciness is just perfect!

Octoberamy
Octoberamy

Midnight Rose is pure lovely. Nothing nose-wrinkling or sharp or unpleasant like with so many perfumes that you have to wait for. This is lovely right out of the bottle and hours later, it still is. A nice office perfume, offensive to nobody. Lasts a good long time.

ecerusen
ecerusen

*i have dry skin*

at first it smell like acqua di gioia on me(i compared with my acqua di gioia bottle) then it open and turn to warm and sweet(but not sickly sweet, its sweetness is fluffy and warm) gentle smell.

berries on face at the opening :) the only bad thing is, on dry skins like me, it is very short lasting. i wish it would be stay more because i really like this scent. the little soury from the cassis, makes this scent addictive for me. if you have oily skin, if your skin is perfume keeper(not eater :) ) i recommend this one for you. because its cozy, sexy and playful.

Natalie Nations
Natalie Nations

My admiration for Anna Sui fragrances led me to discovering Tresor Midnight Rose. I was looking for a heavier La Vie de Boheme, something that would stay/project on my skin better. Tresor Midnight Rose is definitely a step up. I love the combination of notes here: berry-sweet raspberry, peppermint rose, and then the woodsy-vanilla dry down. I also get a powdery note as this perfume settles, which I love! This is another scent I love to wear at night before going to bed. It's very soft and soothing...

Miriana93
Miriana93

Simply gorgeous scent. Smells sophisticated and it makes you ooze confidence when you wear it. Very bold and romantic. I can't wait to own it. Love at first smell. It is sweet and fruity with a hint of woodsy and spicy scents to give it the sultry feel.

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

Another masterpiece from Lancome! Minight Rose is so deep, mysterious and adorable - and the raspberry makes it even more charming... Like perfect purple suede. And it stays on forever!...

dalmajen
dalmajen

Very Berry!”
I decided to try this today, as had a lovely large sample. I have had Lancome fragrances in the past, and can't say I like them all, but this is the first fruity one I have tried. I have to be honest and say, I really don't detect Rose at all! But, Berries galore! First opening, a blast of Raspberry...followed by more berries..a hint of citrus, and still more types of berries. Too sweet for my liking, and didn't detect any cedar. It seems to last, but I find it very berry boring! The dry down is a bit of a let down, but perhaps this fragrance is geared more towards the real fruity (not much floral) fans. The bottle makes you think it will be more of an elegant scent..but, not in this case.

When I smelt it I thought - Hmm, that's sweet and I like sweet scents, so why don't I like this one?
And then it got me - it's the raspberry I don't like. I feel the same kind of nauseating sweetness which I felt in Emporio Armani Diamonds.
This one is also very very strong and long lasting. It calms down a little after some time, but still a big no-no.

ummimtrish
ummimtrish

I sprayed this once on my neck two hours before I saw my boyfriend and it almost knocked him out...Which is why I'm so impressed with this fragrance. He said I'm like a ghost because he could tell which room I've been in by the trail I've left behind, and that I smell like a cedar closet. He doesn't like it, but it grew on me and I love it (I hate the price). My mom also loves it, which sort of influences my feelings towards it because we're close.

The projection and longevity of this is the best I've come across. SERIOUSLY. On me, it does have a strong cedar smell but with a lot of tart raspberry, so I think I smell like a cedar closet that houses raspberry preserves. After reading that it has cassis, and that cassis smells like cat pee, I was turned off by it...I searched for the ammonia scent when I wore it, but I couldn't find it, and I asked everyone around me and they couldn't find it either...

Originally, I wanted to test this because I have read it smells like Parisienne (it doesn't smell similar at all) so I was expecting it to be more floral, but it's ultra sweet and I don't smell any rose. It was a pleasant suprise, though; I'll probably end up buying a larger bottle soon!

Sushikat
Sushikat

Starts out as a yummy berry scent tempered by the rose. The berry and the rose have a slight tartness to start that compliment each other nicely, but that doesn't last more than a few minutes on my skin. Soon the vanilla note becomes prominent, and the scent settles into a mellowed out version of the raspberry and rose. This could easily become too sweet & overbearing but the pink pepper and woodsy notes keep it from getting there. This is definitely not a scent for someone who isn't a fan of sweet fragrances but I am and oh my goodness I love this.

stephanieklein
stephanieklein

Oh, how I wish the longevity of this fragrance lasted! Despite three generous sprays (the fragrance was dripping up my arm), this just didn't last on my skin. There's a hint of it on my clothes, but for me it was more like, MIDNIGHT POOF! Gone at the strike of 12 (applied at the strike of 11).

lanuitblanche
lanuitblanche

A reviewer below said it was a Raspberry Jam Monster. On me, it is a Raspberry Soda Loch Ness Monster. It has a twirl of incense and a touch of pepper to keep it from becoming one of Strawberry Shortcake's friends (Raspberry Tart!). It has a gorgeous sillage and deep projection, which I find impressive (why can't more perfumes be like this?). But it makes me feel like I'm getting swallowed up by Raspberry Loch Ness. I think this is the only purple bottle that has disappointed me. :-P

Although, maybe it'd be good as an apres-beach scent, to cover up and counteract the salty briny seawater dried on skin after a full day by the ocean, before I can get home and shower. I'll try that this summer and report back. :-)

shivabglr

OMG! I can't believe how this perfume got me hooked and I'm now completely in love!

One of the few perfumes I will hopefully rebuy!

Nat85
Nat85

This is my favoured perfume of all times. Simply THE BEST.
I have my second bottle already and I will be buying more.
Whenever I wear it everybody complements this scent.Especially men.

This scent remind me of walking in midnight in magical garden. Stumbling by accident into rose petals, blackcurrant and raspberries.....I am in love :-)

misscherie07

it's a nice blend of raspberry and roses

shivabglr

To the comment below: unlike you, I wear this whenever I want everybody to notice me! I mean EVERYONE!

sometimes when I put a little of this on, my family tell me they can smell it downstairs!

the sillage and longevity are both CRAZY!

But the smell, it's really nice, though I always find raspberry a little off-putting for my taste, but this scent is strange! in a good way...like you wanna keep sniffing it and figure out what it is! I think this could have been launched as a thierry mugler fragrance! I don't know but it just sets my mugler-radar off!

Everybody tells me it smells like chocolate whenever I'm wearing this...I know there's no chcolate or anything listed, but maybe it's the raspberry.

I know the cassis is supposed to make it a bit fresh, but it kinda fails in doing so on my skin, and it smells medicinal, which of course lasts for less than a minute!

Also I GET NO ROSE!

I got it as a gift, and this scent is really not me, but because of its uniqueness and the fact that everybody likes it, I like it too!

sofyfragrantica
sofyfragrantica

Very sad..I love the smell so much but no one notices me when I wear this perfume.

fialho
fialho

for me it's kinda fruity , really fruity like some berry is pop out and it's not fresh berry it's sweet berry like conflec , the rose note is stain on skin - I think it's not my fav perfume but you can have it when you want many people smell your perfume cuse it's pretty sillage !

sobachka_Zhuzha
sobachka_Zhuzha

I went to Myer specifically to test this, but they ran out of testers! I ended up blind buying a small set on an online boxing day sale as I just got too impatient. And it turned out to be EXACTLY what I was hoping for! "Grown-up" raspberry stands out in the warm, sweet and slightly woody cloud that is Tresor Midnight Rose. The bottle is absolutely gorgeous, and I adore Emma Watson. Cannot wait for cooler weather and some sexy nights out to wear this.

jake.shouse
jake.shouse

Well got this for Christmas and I loved it in the store but the smell is too sweet and too much of a berry smell after it dries down I like it but it was not worth 80 bucks!

chrissyc15
chrissyc15

I do believe this is just about the ONLY Lancome scent I actually like. I find their fragrances "old" and to "powdery". So when I was in Macys and spritzed this one out of curiosity I was completely ready to turn my nose up and walk away.... BUT IT TOOK ME COMPLETELY BY SURPRISE!!!! The sweet elegance to this gem is amazing. It is VERY lighthearted and passionate all at the same time. The sweet burst of fruity freshness reminds me of summer, and then it settles into a sweet floral that can only be described as a late night date. Sweet floral without making me sneeze! Its name is completely appropriate!

lovely!one of the best lancome perfumes I've ever smelt(if not being the best)that audiences younger population and lovely Emma Watson and needless to mention the lovely bottle!
it starts with a splash of berry.I also smell something like lemon,sweet lemon I mean,but totally it's not sweet at all.to me it's a very sour,fruity smell.I also hardly smell too much rose,as the name inclines.I love the cassis I smell in it.the only note that can get on my nerve when I'm not in the mood for it,is pink pepper which is touchable in this perfume.it may have some similarities with other berry perfumes,but it's better than all of them.
I'm surprised by people claiming the long lasting is not good.on my skin it lasts for hours,but sure the first mouth watering notes fade away soon,leading to a sexy musky perfume and I've heard compliments wearing it:)

LoveForYMCMB
LoveForYMCMB

I don't dind it as sickly sweet as other fragranticans. I recieved this asd a christmas gift from my parents. They were 5 lancome minis. And this is my 2nd fav (La Vie Est Belle is my total fav). I feel raspberries all over it. I don't feel any rose, or maybe it's outshaded by those delicious raspberries. I recieved a 7.5 ml mini, so i don't know the atomizer version. But i'm at the base now and it's sooooo candy like taht it makes me dream!

zeb
zeb

So, where is the rose??

slowmotion
slowmotion

Too sickly sweet and fruity and dense for my taste.

Athens
Athens

I have no words to describe this wonderful perfume. First of all, I LOVE the raspberry at the top, which makes it so fruity but in a very addictive way, you want to sniff it again and again and you cannot get enough of it. It's so youthful and captivating, great for young girls and ideal perfume for evenings out.
It lasts really long and when you wear it you feel so special and lovely with a note of innocence and youtfulness.
I can't wait to make it mine, it's for sure one of my favorite ones!

YogaRose
YogaRose

If roses were edible....This scent reminds me of chocolate covered strawberries....but it's raspberries with natural blooming red roses; There is no "chocolate" note that I pick up, of course, but there is something decadent and beautiful to this.

naaym.agecra
naaym.agecra

I went to Sephora yesterday and sprayed this on my wrist and left. While I was shopping... I kept on getting a whiff of this very nice perfume and it smells amazing! I forgot I sprayed and it was coming from me.
I was completely blown away. This is sick! ♥ I love the drydown.
I have to have this perfume this week!!!

It is a big mystery why I don't like this fragrance. It has all the ingredients that I like! Honestly, I don't have any idea, why!

farah.dhaher
farah.dhaher

just in some words this is My signature fragrance

Lexy656612
Lexy656612

All I can say is PALMAVIOLETS !! =D

italiana
italiana

Black currant, black currant, black currant ...and nothing else. There is some rose in the opening but after this I can smell only red fruits. Too sweet, too boring - not for me.

Musky4
Musky4

Midnight Rose is one of the few perfumes that I reserve for special occasions, or evening wear. I came across this perfume by chance in Boots, whilst out testing other perfumes on my list. I wasn't aware that Midnight Rose had even been launched, but the sales assistant was spraying it on cards and asked me if I'd like to try it. Being a fan of the original Tresor and attracted by the gorgeous purple bottle, I naturally tried it and couldn't believe my nose! This was exactly what I'd been looking for - better in fact! I immediately abandoned my list, as Midnight Rose was without a doubt the one for me. An absolutely beautiful, feminine, elegant and seductive fragrance, that's long-lasting, dark, sultry and mysterious. Before Midnight Rose I didn't think I particularly liked rose fragrances, but this is something really special.

gashdown
gashdown

If I had to explain the meaning of the word "cloying" to someone, I'd have them spray on Trésor Midnight Rose. At first, you think the raspberry is a cute girly note. Then within a few minutes, you realise it's relentless, it won't go away. In fact, it transformed into the Raspberry Jam Monster that will cling for dear life to everything it touches, like a needy 4 year old who has just had breakfast while wearing her favourite Disney princess dress. Then it goes through puberty and thinks that velvet track suits with the word "sexy" printed in glitter and rhinestone on her ass is the epitome of class. That's the feeling I get from wearing Trésor Midnight Rose. It makes me want to scrub my skin with industrial detergents and burn the clothes that came in contact with that decoction and claw at my face while screaming "WHYYYYYYYY?!" at the heavens.

larita91
larita91

It's defineately more fruity than floral on me...I can really smell the raspberry, it is like a raspberry flavoured tea with lots of sugar in it.
Nice scent, but nothing special.
Sillage and longetivity are both good, but that's what I expect from a Lancome.

fiouu
fiouu

Personally I don't mind it, but definitely the strongest note here is the Cassis.
It will kick you in the guts again and again and again, but hey, read me out here, this is an amazing night out (clubbing?) scent.
It just clings on your skin for dear life, so if you need something that will last and radiate like the sun, then you'll go fine with this.
Be careful with overspraying since it WILL make you (and everybody around you) very sick and probably will make you puke (it's THAT heavy).
Wouldn't recommend it for warmer days or mornings since it tends to smell "stuffy" lol.

Methodorama
Methodorama

Beautiful looking bottle ! And love the ombré effect, but very strange juice in it. It's almost acidic and stings a little when u spray it , I don't know if it's the excess of sweet in it or the mix of spice with sweet. But it smells like spoilt wine : / and is a wee bit suffocating !

parissa1
parissa1

Lovely one. Very similar to secret potion from Christina Aguilera.

kelly_xatz

Very yummy, but after a while it leaves something bitter and strange that stings your nose. But This fault is never noticeable. Erases the most enthusiastic compliments I ve ever had on a perfume, although deep inside I want to vomit sometimes. I am in dilemma if I want to buy it again Because I m run of it already...

alicektn
alicektn

Lovely berry fragrance with deep but gentle base of vanilla and cedar. The rose is also there, but well mixed with the berries. I'd wear it anytime in the fall/winter, not only in the evening. It smells quite soft on my skin, which I like, since I get nauseous easily.

missakura
missakura

I tried this on a whim because I love berry fragrances, but was looking for a more complex, sophisticated scent. Right off the bat, I could smell the sweet raspberry mingled with rose. I'm usually not one to go for floral scents, but this one surprised me. It has really good lasting power. It will stay on your clothes all day long. I just finished off my 2.5 oz. bottle a couple of days ago. The bottle is so nice, I hesitated to throw it away. I kept the little rose instead. ;)

elda white petals
elda white petals

midnight rose l love you so much!!!! l was waiting so much to have you and l am so glad to have you now!!!
l have also Parisienne YSL and yes they are similar but l love this more!!! l was waiting 6 months to buy midnight rose reading some reviews and thinking maybe for 38 years lady (for me) is too much raspberry ??? Near my house is a perfume shop l was trying it again and again for a long time ...with hope of some day l was bored by this...but didn't happened !!! On me is perfect , makes me feel romantic with the spicy rose and the nights become magical when l wear it!!! Especially in the nights with cold air is more romantic ,flirty smells like ...innocent love in the first date!!!

vattenmelon
vattenmelon

THIS IS SO SIMILAR TO YSL PARISIENNE!! am i the only one who thinks so?? with other words..it smells wonderful. but they are redicuosly similar

Megpeg
Megpeg

I don’t know why, but this reminds me of what use to be my signature scent “provocative interlude.” It is not as gourmand/sweet and is much more of a floral, but sadly PI is pretty impossible to find these days. What is it about purple bottles they make the best scents! I can’t wait until the holidays I am going to treat myself to a bottle of this stuff!

RadicalFace
RadicalFace

AMAZING! MY FAV!! so sexy and sweet!! my boyfriend loves when I wear this!!

balzac
balzac

Tresor Midnight Rose is one of the only bottles of parfums I've ever finished, I've repurchased within a year. Only a half bottle left of it now. I will repurchase again and again and again. This will remain in my wardrobe.

When people ask...
"What are you wearing" I hesitate to tell because I want to keep it all to myself.
I've not smelled it on anyone else, (yet) and I'd like to think of it as All Mine, even though scents develop differently on everyone.

It IS extremely sweet and fruity...but the base of cedar, vanilla and musk make a thick cloud and the intensity of those sweet and fruity notes cut through and the pink pepper contributes and creates a quiet and mysterious elegance that does Not allow this to fall flat into ONLY SWEET & FRUITY. It has unique depth and rose sweetness that stay present all the way to the drydown... despite the musk.

This is so very well blended. Indescribable. Just Beautiful.
It's strong, so a few sprays is all that's needed.

projection 10
sillage 10
longevity 10

Layzie
Layzie

This fragrance is captivating. When a woman wears it and hugs me, I smell it for the rest of the day. The sweet, floral scent doesn't leave me, and I must admit it's a bit distracting when I'm trying to focus on work. It's strong but not cloying. If anything, it's a head-turner. Midnight Rose is a versatile perfume; it can be worn at school, work, and on dates. It's definitely one of my favourite women's fragrances out there.

This is a sexy scent, ladies.

Purrbaby
Purrbaby

I've had more compliments when wearing this perfume thn any other perfume I've ever worn. And I've worn hundreds of different scents over the last 20 plus years. I've received compliments from males and females of all ages and race.

Karen25
Karen25

Absolutely LOVE this perfume... and so does everyone else! Always get compliments when I wear it and it's regularly "borrowed" by other female family members!!

radi0h3adl0ver
radi0h3adl0ver

LOVE this scent. Was not sure about it at first as it was SUPER sweet and tart, but (on me) in about 15 min the warm cedar/musk comes through which makes this perfume absolutly ALLURING. So happy I took the risk!

Lolaisabella
Lolaisabella

I bought a decant of this in the EDP but sprayed it on myself like an EDT. I know not to do that again with this perfume! It's a true sillage monster! My husband came home an hour after I applied the perfume and told me he could smell it as soon as he walked in and we were at opposite ends of the house. This is probably not the best perfume to wear when going to work if you work close to other people. It's so strong and seems to last a long time. I've had it on for 8 hours and can still smell it.
As far as the scent, on me it is very sharp. The sharpness never seems to go away. It smells like berries soaked in very strong alcohol. It's too bad because I love raspberries. It is also a very sweet perfume but the sharp alcohol smell gives it kind of a sourish tone. I wanted to love this because Tresor and Hypnose are two of my favorite perfumes but sadly this doesn't seem to work for me. Most of the reviews are positive and many women love this so it must be my skin chemistry. This is why it's always good to try before you buy!

denncita
denncita

I tested this perfume today and it's by far the fruitiest perfume I've smelled! To me that's actually a good thing because I like sweet fruity perfumes. I can definitely smell the raspberry and it's delicious. I think that if you're into Victoria's Secret's scents, then you're going to love this scent. The bottle looks beautiful as well, I think I would buy it just for the bottle alone! Beautiful perfume.

harpist
harpist

My first impression was that this was soooo damn sweet but so captivating?!? The opening had this Japanese Calpico drink smell to it- the whole time I was thinking about Chobani Greek yogurt because wearing this reminded me of that syrupy fruit on the bottom.

I don't think I ever really got a rose because the berries were just almost overwhelming in this. Thankfully I think the cassis calms it down but I got a strange carrot note in the heart- it wasn't unpleasant but it turned this concoction a bit more sour? Also I could have sworn there was some peach in this... but sticky red currant and berries were mostly what I received.

I wasn't really intrigued nor impressed with most Lancome perfumes, but when I was heading to bed I was really surprised by its longevity! By then I had noticed some rosier florals with the warmth of the cedar- it was quite intoxicating and I kept wanting more. This has large to moderate silage and lasted the WHOLE entire 24 hours. If you want a syrupy fruity floral that will give you more bang for your buck with longevity, then Midnight Rose is for you.

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

This is a beautiful perfume, and one that I will never regret purchasing.
I love to wear it in the evening the most.
It is all raspberry, pink pepper and black currant at first. A little tart, but an underlying musk lingers and after about 15 minutes the scent morphs into a rich, berry infused musky vanilla, all the while holding the tartness of the top notes from the beginning.
It is sure to draw compliments. I dismissed this scent at first, because I wanted less sweet and more rose, but somehow this scent works well being sweet. I don't really care for sweet scents like La Vie Est Belle that they came out with after this. I think Lancome did well with this launch and this fragrance seems to continue to draw a lot of popularity from people.

I brought it to a bachelorette party, sprayed some and passed it around to a few of the other girls. Everyone loved it. Judging by the other girls' reactions, it was as if none of them had ever smelled perfume like Tresor Midnight Rose before.
A lot of the people here on fragrantica aided my decision in the message boards to purchase this so thank you all!

foxy_princess

this is so friggin addictive. it's a fruity perfume, but it has a bite and bitter edge to it thanks to the cassis and rose notes. the midnight rose. alluring but it still has it's thorns ;)

AvaAdore
AvaAdore

Does this smell like raspberry jam on anyone else? I like it, but I'm not sure if it's something I can wear.

beatrix75

i love this unique sweet sour berries frag its make me feel like i am in a garden of berries and rose home in my country in my mums garden .The best part its that longevity OMG long long lastin strong frag all day long its around you!bravo lancome you are one off the best !!!

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

Sinfully delicious!everyone who knows me well knows that LANCOME perfumes are one of my favorites on a lady.Tresor Midnight ROSE is erotic,pleasing and sensual and makes you feel great.sexy with a touch of naughty.it scent is meant to evoke the darkening sky of a summer twilight. Sweet,Romantic, Cute,Stylish, Irresistible,Floral and Utterly Seductive.

It is a exotic blend of fruits and florals,one that is warm and sensual.A lovely and delicious mix of fresh raspberry and rose over a sweet heart of peony,jasmine and pink pepper,finally vanilla,musk and virginia cedar bring up a sultry base as the dry down to this enticing and romantic mixture that is inspired by the smell and feel of the air during midnight walk in the flower garden minutes before a thunderstorm.

It comes in a gorgeous packing and a spectacular bottle.if you wish to attract the men,this is the one. It is definitely sensual and sexy perfume that should probably be worn for Evening and Special events because of it is boldness.perfect for Spring nights with someone you would like to seduce.I recommend it for audacious and romantic young ladies. great for gift giving.

Sillage?Impressive.

Longevity?Very Good on my skin.

7.25/10

red gloves
red gloves

I tried it today, for the first time, and I'm sold, absolutely! It's sexy, not too heavy, not too sweet and very, very unique!

Although it should be autumn/winter fragrance, I don't care, I would use it all year around! (Cause it smells nice even in hot, sunny days!)

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

Tresor Midnight Rose reminds me of grape juice or juice that fell straight from a cherry. Not only in how it smells but how it stains your skin, and I don't mean a visible stain... I mean the scent lasts forever, and given the realistic tart (but still sweet) fruit, rose and what has to be incense (to my nose), it's so strong, 12 hours later even the next day it's easily detectable... and all I can think about is how the scent has stained my skin, albeit in a good way but still... I get that same feeling when I spill grape juice or get a drop of cherry juice on my white shirt, no no... rather when I let the cherry juices fall over my lips allowing them to be stained. that gorgeous berry colour that you could never find in a common lipstick, is there in this cherry. Gorgeous, addictive and full of personality. This is a quality perfume with realistic fruit notes and the lasting power..... well, is just an added bonus

sarah.r.sahib
sarah.r.sahib

i just love this fragrance and love to smell it , its sweet-flowery fragrance , love to wear it in the night , very nice bottle :)

tai.brockmarleychevelle
tai.brockmarleychevelle

I was browsing for Perfume and asked the shop keeper what she was wearing, She said this fragrance. It smelt beautiful on her.. Sweet but fresh..

ThetaLee
ThetaLee

More fruity and sweet than expected but lovely at first. Fifteen minutes after testing it on my wrist I found it lost it’s fruity notes and left an almost artificial sweet, floral scent on my wrist.
Not a fan.

Best for teens in my opinion.

millie1980
millie1980

I don't know why this is called 'Midnight Rose', it's not at all sensual or mysterious as you might expect. It's just one of those sugary fruity-florals, and I can't even smell the rose that much. The bottle is quite classy and grown-up, but this is a teenager's perfume. Quite confusing really :-)

Ah ha...it reminds me strongly of Avon Little Red Dress, which is a lot cheaper.

passion4fashion
passion4fashion

A LOT of berries and a hint of rose.
The raspberry here is sweet but never too naive and unbearable,
the flowers and the base notes calm and balance the sweet mess.
For those young, cute, mischievous and witty girls. :)
It lasts about 6 hours (which is considerably long)
and the price is reasonable! :)

tori15015
tori15015

Note: I posted this review on Makeupalley.com as well :)
When I was looking for a signature scent, this was one of the perfumes I had in mind to try out. So, I went to the store and immediately fell in love with it once it was sprayed.
It's more fruity to me than floral, so the name, "Tresor Midnight Rose" is a little deceiving, though the rose is still detectable. The top notes of raspberry and blackcurrant stand out way more than the middle notes of rose and jasmine, and peony, but the middle notes still peek through and balance the sweetness of the berry notes with a soft delicate touch. And then comes the mysterious base notes of vanilla, musk and cedar. These base notes balance the sweetness and freshness of the berries and floral notes, by adding a wonderful warmth and depth to the perfume. This is why this perfume can be classified as romantic, yet captivating and sensual, while still being true to femininity.
This perfume lasts a lot longer than most perfumes do on me, and I'd it lasts about 6-8 hours on the skin. However, on clothing it lasts a lot longer. I could still smell it on my jacket sleeve a few days later from spraying it, just once, on my wrist in the store.
After smelling tons of other perfumes, this one just wouldn't leave my mind. Though I smelt others that were wonderful, this one is feminine, classy, and sensual at the same time. Everything a lady should smell like is inside this bottle.
I highly recommend you try it out!

SandraV
SandraV

Like the review below mine, I love the opening but as it dries down the cedar comes to the forefront and is SO sharp...almost a cat pee smell on me.I had such high hopes for this so I was really disappointed.

I love the opening, really dislike the drydown. This starts out so beautiful - roses, berries, and a good dose of sweetness. But it settles down to smell like a sharp mens cologne. So promising, but so sad.

xVal
xVal

Gorgeous bottle.
Smells really yummy at first, like a raspberry candy, but the drydown smells like baby wipes. :(

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

I just tried this while walking through Ulta earlier this evening. This is another perfume that is marketed in the purple bottle. After discovering how much I like the original Poison and Alien perfume, suddenly I'm more open to trying other "purple bottle" fragrances.

This wears a little less intrusively than Poison. It has a nice uplifting chord to it and comes across in the alto range, which is really one of my very favorite fragrance chord ranges.

So far so good, this is wearing on my skin fairly long with good silage. I will have to try this again to give you more details of the fragrance.

About 6 hours into the wear of this, this is becoming very playful - almost like cotton candy - or candy interplaying on my skin. I like this quality, it is fun, upbeat, playful, and has a bit of a flirtatious tease to it. This is becoming more active as it is wearing with my skin. I like this quality. It is very unusual and playful!

BlueJayWay
BlueJayWay

Was an impulse buy that I do. What caught my attention was the delicious aroma of red fruits, but mixed with "new clothes smell". I buy the last Christmas, which in my country is in the summer; this year we had temperatures of 45 degrees celsius, and the months after similar time, and every time I used it was very heavy, so I leave a few months until now. We are in autumn with temperatures around 15 celsius and the truth is that the fragrance is best appreciated with lower temperatures. Is delicious. Young smells as both serious woman. Highly recommended, and in my experience it is best appreciated in cold weather

Rasyima Ghazali
Rasyima Ghazali

Initial spray is a heaven! I was looking fr fruity scent as currently i owned citrusy,sweet,floral and fresh frags. I wanted to buy other frags (the one desire) but the initial spray drove me crazy. I bought it and love it :)

irinalmazova
irinalmazova

feminine, elegant, pretty, very good and decent perfume for your collection, you will love it. but definitely wouldn't say it is the "number one"

asta.ksivickaite
asta.ksivickaite

i got little miniature bottle today and now i want full size one. smells amazing! raspberry notes are so clear, that is amazing! i don't even know what to say. if i love the perfume, i love it.

iloveloulou
iloveloulou

midnight rose is a very romantic and cozy perfume , suitable for the evenings.. very nice and elegant bottle .. lancome signature ,sweet berries and rose. ull love it!

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

This one is pretty and wearable. It's fresh raspberries which I love. Kinda reminds me of hot couture cuz on me it's all raspberries which my skin loves. Add in lots of vanilla and a bit of rose and this is so fresh and fruity. It's like 3 other perfumes-hot couture(this is all raspberry but sugared here....not smoky. I adore hot couture but sometimes the dry down is too darn smoky and dry....this perfume has a fresh, bright, ripe scent. It also smells like Parisienne, but again the dry down lacks on my skin in Parisienne. Parisienne smells dusty on the dry down. Also, reminds me of givenchy very irresistible in terms of the freshness and roses. I know they call this midnight rose but this scent can be web day or night with absolutely no issue. I personally believe this would be most dreamy on summer nights in restaurants, clubs, bars, casinos. That raspberry would grab that summer evening air and just be so noticeable.i think this is a fun scent. I don't think it's a man eater scent. But it is feminine and gives a sensuality to it. I read people think this is an older ladies perfume or younger ladies perfume....I would say its going to be one for women who are 15-45. I am in my late thirties and I feel I could wear this and still be appropriate at work, on dates, etc. although I see wearing this one more to have fun. I think men would think it's very pretty and like the berries . Bravo to lancome for balancing the berries. It's good. I think I'd want this but I'm not 100 per cent sure. Taking my sample on vacation to Arizona and Vegas. If it does well there I'm so buying this for summer.

Rosey167
Rosey167

there is this bittery thing in it that ruins it... uh... no... not my cup!

Emerald17
Emerald17

This is quickly becoming my favorite scent to wear. On the tester strip, I could smell a sweet, spicy/woodsy rose. On my skin, it's a sexy, powdery, woodsy (almost incensy), musky rose....and my husband and I love it! This definitely tickles my senses and captivates my husbands'. Lasts several hours on me (with just two small sprays on my wrist).
I don't normally care for Lancome fragrances, but this is a must-have/HG for me!

foxy_princess

It's a fruity rose alright, but does anyone get that the cassis adds a bit of bitterness? Just a lil? It's really nice anyways :) it's a good all year round fragrance too! It's very 'eat me up' lol I'd wear this when I'm in a naughty mood! Men love the smell of fruity rose perfumes (trust me this is true! Givenchy Very Irresistable is from the same family and that drives men WILD), I can imagine this would have the same effect.
Parisienne is from the same family too but it's not 'mature' enough to be considered seductive.
I've got a little vial from a friend, I'll have to test it for the next few days to give my final verdict of whether it has qualified to be in my collection

Nancy123
Nancy123

I love Midnight Rose. One of my favorites. I have it since last summer and I always get compliments. Sweet, fresh and very sexy....

ailishlu
ailishlu

This is a very pretty scent but it doesn't project. It reminds me a lot of YR Rose Absolue,but perhaps it is a little lighter and less boozy. It stays very close to the skin and I would say it is meant to be worn during the daytime and in summer. I get a light spicy rose with remnants of the original Tresor. Very well done, but it could be a little stronger.

nerskine
nerskine

Smells delicious when you first spray it, but the finish doesn't live up to it on me.

cristal nuñez
cristal nuñez

i love tha perfume is delicious

Irideika
Irideika

All I could smell in the dry-down was a marshmallow'ey'ness... Definitely not my thing.

Ju-ju09
Ju-ju09

Very juiсy! Currant-mint chewing gum. Favorite perfume my sister.

djuzz.becuzz

I really loved this when I tested it in a store... First reaction was 'WOW!'
Now I received a sample from a dear Fragratican :) and I am wearing it right now.
I still love it! Initial spritz is really quite overpowering, but it settles...
It's quite linear on me and not too sweet at all. I detect mostly raspberry and currant buds/leaves and just a tad of vanilla in the drydown. I can't smell any rose in here...
I will either purchase this one... or YSL Parisienne A L'extreme... I think I have a slight preference for the last one...

lali29bee
lali29bee

I want this perfume. I couldn't believe I fell in love with it right away. I don't typically go for makeup brand perfume. I sniffed this in Macy's and stood there for a couple seconds in utter shock of how much I loved this. I want this perfume. not to mention I'm really digging the look of the bottle. I'm a sucker for those little flower details on the cap. I want this perfume. I'm not really sure why it's called Midnight Rose but I actually don't think it's heavy enough to be a night scent and I don't really detect a lot of rose. did I mention I want this effing perfume?

SniffDat
SniffDat

It's not a bad smell, very sweet. Not very sophisticated, though, if that's what you're looking for. I mainly get Raspberry and vanilla from this. But its power is overwhelming. BEWARE WHEN YOU SPRITZ. It's pretty much guaranteed to put you into a corner of the office for being nausea inducing levels of raspberry.

corpsebride
corpsebride

Midnight Rose is extremely potent, at the beginning sometimes even a bit nauseating, but seconds later it becomes a beautiful and powerful fragrance.

I like it a lot, I got myself a bottle and I want to make it my signature scent.

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

Smelt this at the store. I'm in love with it. It is sweet, yes, but not nauseatingly sweet. At first it hits you with a sweet juicy smell of candied raspberry but after awhile, the smell of florals peak out, blending with the fruity scent. A very girly, youthful scent of someone who's out for some old-fashioned romance.

I really wished I could own one, but this costs S$130(~$105USD) for 3.4 fl oz :(

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

The opening overpowers with a blast of candied berries and roses, with a sharp undertone of cedar and pepper. This makes the smell quite unpleasant at first. I almost gave up and washed it off, but decided to wait a bit and see what developed. About an hour later, scents have quieted, mellowed, and blended to form a more unified melody. Cedar is still present, but less harsh. Jasmine has appeared, along with a soft musk, to give a heady, mysterious, feminine appeal. Berry and cassis remain, but not so loud or candied. Rose is there, but only subtly so. Pepper gets a nod, but not much more, giving a subtle bite that adds complexity. I'm glad I waited, as I quite like what developed. I don't know that I'll be purchasing this one, though, as I am not sure I want to buy something I have to wait an hour for before I can leave the house without smelling like a teen's candy soda-pop exploded in a man's medicine cabinet.

EDIT: I've tried this a couple more times since I made my review, and I think I've decided that the cedar element overpowers the rest of the fragrance on me, making it a bit too bitter overall. I'll be passing on it.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

I tried this on today after wanting it for a while. I think I would love the rose if I could smell it for all the berries. I'm not averse to a berry note, by any means, but I was really hoping for more rose, considering the name. Wearing Tresor In Love on a regular basis, I'd expected more from its sister.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

Got this perfume recently as gift to myself on valentines' day. This is a sensual scent that captivates people. The first time I wore this scent was two days ago and guess what? the moment I walked into the office I got a complement. The guy was seating rather far and he could smell it so I think sillage is really good. I'm smelling the scent again tonight as I want to become more familiar with it. It smells wonderful reminds me a lot of Givenchy hot couture but a bit more sweet and not as sophisticated and smooth. HC has more incense. In Tresor Midnight rose , is more juicy the raspberry and the rose are the center of inspiration. The citrus notes and the raspberry notes are quite prominent with a smoky note, the cedar is also detectable. The citrus helps the scent not to become too sweet which is fantastic. I would like to do a side by side of these two scents but from memory they seem quite similar. I love reading the reviews here because I don't think I would have chosen this scent for myself.

milkyway
milkyway

Does this even need another comment I wonder?:P..
On me it's candied, VERY sweet rose with a sharp hint in the opening (vine leaf?cassis leaf?)..well, it pretty much stays this way the whole time- the candy settles down into something only slightly calmer, gardenia playing its magic and giving the fume an 'airy feel'..not your usual fresh sea breeze, but a whiff of a fun fair by the sea- with cotton candy, perfumed ladies, flower shops and carameled apples.

A tad too sweet for me personally..not a 'sweet' little fragrance Jeanne by Lanvin is but similar..and somehow much more concentrated and loud.

ps' Emma Watson probably would smell like that :)

greta.ekonomi
greta.ekonomi

Love at first sniff!! Can't wait to buy it!

BrookieSnookie
BrookieSnookie

Love this fragrance! Definitely something for date nights, a little strong for day wear, but my husband absolutey loves it!

Tansin Abernathy
Tansin Abernathy

This perfume hits you hard with the juiciness of raspberry mixed with prim-and-proper rose. There is no softness here, or mystery, here though. This is all edge and rock 'n roll from beginning to end. Once the berry softens, pink pepper and vanilla make the scene, picking it up with creamy sexiness and bite.

Elysia
Elysia

I find this scent very distinctive standing out from regular sweet, girly scents. I can understand why some find it even a bit masculine, it suits tomboys more than sophisticated ladies. I also suggest to use it with a light hand as it can be overpowering. Applying the right amount you find yourself in a sweet and mysterious cloud, at the same time spicy and sweet, scent of an independent woman who does not give in easily but worth taking your time with.

perfumequeen2
perfumequeen2

just to strong for me...

amyeh
amyeh

I adore this perfume, I think it sits better on those in their late teens/mid twenties and is great from bridging the gap of a sickly sweet young fragrance and a powdery more mature scent. Midnight Rose is like an embrace when you spray it you are fully enveloped in it. Having Emma Watson as the face of the scent is very fitting as it too has something bewitching about it.

IceQueen792
IceQueen792

The best way to describe this scent is if you've ever had canned lychees in sugar syrup, this perfume smells EXACTLY the way those lychees taste. It's pretty amazing, actually.

firenginered
firenginered

Got this as a present...not my cup of tea! Very strong and a little out of date. Has a bit too much spice to try to balance the floral/fruit nuances. Really gives me a headache. I like cleaner crisper florals and fruit. Too much hoo.g on in this bottle!

lexi.malevolent
lexi.malevolent

I really want this. It's very strong: two workmates and my mother own this. Being more old-fashioned, my mother would never dream of wearing this to work : she only wears this going out at night. I would have to agree: my workmates clearly don't. I can smell when my workmates have recently been in the lift or the toilet or at their desks when they are sitting there. Not for the faint-hearted. I do like the smell though so I find it pleasant but the longevity of a spray too many will follow you!

wbp
wbp

I was expected a little bit more from Lancome. But to my nose it smells just like one of the Yves Rocher's fragrances. Yes it is nice, but nothing special. On my skin is very flat fragrance. At this point i prefer Framboise Yves Rocher - is much cheaper but the smell is not cheaper at all!

daflowerbomb
daflowerbomb

Marshmallows
Black tea
Blackcurrants

ryanhuynh
ryanhuynh

I love this scent. It smell like rasberry juice I think so. And I think it's longevity better than Tresor In Love and this scent more elegant than Tresor In Love. Tresor In Love like a teen girl..

Eriu
Eriu

It feels like WOW overwhelming. I think it's a little bit too sweet but I still like it a lot! Not very "midnight" though. It isn't powerful enough.

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

واقعیت این است که برای این خانم جذاب توجه برای مردان بسیار مهمتر است تا شنوندگان خانم احساسات مردان چنان گستاخ خواهد شد که برای تحمل این شنونده بسیار سخت است تا بتواند از رایحه رز و تمشک بسنگینی وانبل قابل توجه زمان آزمایش مراسم وعمق فراافکنی رایح ها همراه او با این عطر است اما چه شخصی؟

Cairo Rose
Cairo Rose

Tried this on today and it is lovely. The rose and berries are tempered by the cedar. Three hours and still going strong. Deep rich mysterious perfume for a real lady.

gooberskitty21
gooberskitty21

Well done Lancome!!! I've never been partial to their fragrances....mostly because they remind me of my mother who drenched herself in whatever Lancome swill was most popular in the early 90's.She had a very vulgar and kinda sad Liz taylor wannabe/Cruella DeVille fashion sense that made me wince with embarrassment as a kid, still does... Think - fur coats, red lipstick, big blue black hair & those ridiculous long More menthol cigarettes that were smoked only look "classy" in front of people because they tasted like nothing... *shivers* So although clearly biased, that image nonetheless was what came to mind concerning anything Lancome.

Enter Midnight Rose... Me: "God daaamn girl!! Where'd you come from???"

This is the ONLY Lancome frag I'd touch. It's dark, sweet, juicy, tart, playful, classy, sexy & serious with a slightly masculine woodiness. All notes I adore, all in one composition -like whoa! I don't get that too often. Normally when I want something dark or sexy, I'll wear one thing. If I want an "I'm classy, but don't eff' with me" work scent, I'll wear something else. If I'm in the mood for juiciness, I'll reach for another, etc..

Midnight Rose manages to rock all of those essences at once without coming off as too busy, over eager or confused.

If I had to personify this beauty (which I usually tend to do because scents seem to radiate human qualities to me, dunno why..) She'd be a classy chic who knows how to let her hair down when the time's right, because she's wise enough to know that there's a time and place for everything. She's zaney,dark, sexy, successful, funny, very girly, very strong, tough, worldly and independent.

She'll stuff a snowball down the back of your shirt when you're not looking because she finds it hilarious. She'll snuggle with you and watch football. She loves kittens and teddy bears, but you should know that she also has a pet tarantula named "Nietzsche" who you better grow to love as much as she does, otherwise it's just not gonna work, sorry..

She'll wow your parents and friends with her brilliance, sparkle and class. She'll throw down in the boardroom and then come home to kick your ass at Call of Duty & Black Ops. She can help you work on your car or handcuff you to your bed. You can cry in front of her, she'll stroke your hair and just listen. You'll be able talk into the morning hours about everything and nothing. She's just got it all..

So back to the juice itself, its been described as strong and I do have to agree with that. But that's just another positive IMO because I prefer to spend my money on strong fragrances that last, that way I get my money's worth. I can easily control how intense I want to go with by how much or how little I spritz. Normally I go with two sprays for this one which to me is just right - lasts all day! If I want to go light, just spray once on your chest, or into the air and walk through the mist and voila! You now have a "lighter" version.

Love, love, love Midnight Rose!

I LOVE Emma Watson (I'm a big fan of Harry Potter ) so I needed to test this. This smells amazing, very sweet and fruity. The raspberry is dominant, I don't get much of the roses. They shouldn't called this "Midnight" it isn't that heavy..

jessdbarnett
jessdbarnett

sexy and strong

Angeldelight900
Angeldelight900

This is pretty but for some reason it didn't attract me enough to buy it, i was so close but i chose something i loved rather than liked, its a nice fruity black current sweet perfume but i hate ribeana and it smelt too much like that :(

sweethearttx
sweethearttx

On me, this scent becomes what I'd describe as powdery floral. I honestly don't smell any raspberry at all, except maybe in the very beginning. This is a very feminine perfume that seems perfect for a special date or formal event. Lovely evening perfume. I would wear it for special occasions, at night, all year round. The bottle is gorgeous too! My only complaint is it has more sillage than I prefer, but the scent is beautiful.

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

I like this one a lot...but to my nose it's Bath & Body Works Forever Red + rose. I tried it from a tester and it was driving me nuts because it reminded me of something so strongly! This one has much better longevity than Forever Red, though, and I do think that the addition of the rose and other notes makes this a much better rounded perfume. I wouldn't buy Forever Red in the full size because it was too sweet and simple for me, but I might eventually buy this one in full size, once I use up another rose perfume.

Ragzin
Ragzin

I've smelled this several times but I don't have it yet, the opening is reeeally nice, the sweet raspberry is the most obvious thing, however there's rose and pepper to balance it out and make it a more sophisticated and sensual scent. Honestly I was expecting this to be bad, but it turns out I was completly wrong as it's sweet and mysterious without being too girly nor too old lady like :)

Naji
Naji

Ribena, raspberry jam, skittles, roses, And dark fruit pulp I love. After the initial sledgehammer blow of sooty sweetness, and after you stop reeling and grab your thumping heart, you realize that whilst riding the wave of commercialization of this ilk of cloying, disturbing garishness, Lancôme has actually succeeded by a hair's breadth, in fabricating a frag that does manage to hold its own in the dry down. Climat will remain supreme in my opinion, as lancomes crowning glory. Nothing comes close. But midnight rose I cannot disregard. I like it. Since individual body chemistry defines all fragrances, I'm delighted to catch whiffs of honey and even Oudh on myself! But I have to say come summer, one runs the risk of choking on Midnight Rose. Definitely a winter thing.

Raquel73
Raquel73

I love this parfum, is so sexy for nights...
But the bottle is for me sooo sad :-(.That violet rose is sadness.If I look the bottle I feel unhappy.
I could used it without problem if i closed my eyes.

suhaesa

sweet sweet ..musky..dark euphoria type ,it reminds me of cheaper Arabian oil blends..its definitely for those who love peony and purple bottles !
its a night perfume a respected scent.. a night dream for those who love such accords ..its peppery.. vanillaic ..it dries down wonderfully ..the mysterious woods and the mischievous blackcurrant and the sweet rose make an unforgettable connotation of pure passion ..its a scent perfect for a romantic night out ..in those cold winter nights..
it could easily be a signature scent..its dense yet light its sweet yet mature ..its mysterious yet simple..its the kind of perfume that guys fall head over heels for ,,the night club kind of guys though ,,i think it smells better with the smoke from the night clubs..

edp
perfume ratting 4 out of 5
bottle ratting 4 out of 5
night ware
special ocasion like a date
winter night ware

morgane.jxspxn
morgane.jxspxn

This perfume is so heavy, and there's something very disturbing about it, this is typically the kind of perfume that throw me off. It has this kind of pepperish smell in the back, and it really sticks... I stro,gly dislike this perfume.

Lots of berries in that one, and I always get compliments when I wear it. Sweet, but not too sweet, with a great drydown, Midnight Rose is great, in summer but in winter also if you are in the mood for a juicy/berry perfume. It has its limitations, but I am sure lots of women don't feel out of place wearing such a juicy scent.

kitten_purry
kitten_purry

This is my secret gun if i want to impress someone..

Because i must say that i got compliment(or more than one if i wear beautiful outfit too)Girls, boys doesnt matter, literally i got compliments everytime i wear this.. I love it !

Thank you Lancôme.. ♥ ♥

kelly_xatz

I want to eat it! It's like a gum that you can't stop biting it until you re tired. Very long-lasting while it's gathering many compliments. It always reminds me of a fantastic summer night full of dancing when I first tried it. My boyfriend never complains when I apply overdose.

Janey1966
Janey1966

Mum bought me this when it first came out, for Christmas 2011. The 30ml bottle has almost ran out but I do not use it all the time. At weekends usually. Do I like it? Yes, but it is not a long-lasting fragrance like Givenchy Organza Indecence (a perfume I long for but I now know is discontinued) but it smells of raspberries and that's fine! I do feel safe and warm whilst wearing it though and I would say it is more of a winter scent than a summer one.

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

Very fruity initially, didn't get roses, but strong berries. After two hours it settled into a powdery floral vanilla that really reminds me of Rochas Tocade.

Too fruity and gourmand for my personal taste, but a very pretty bottle.

kitsunemagic
kitsunemagic

this is awright I guess =P on my skin this smells very sour and reminds me of a sticky sour raspberry candy

BeautifulDynamite
BeautifulDynamite

Starts out with a lovely rose, then I get hit with raspberry or strawberry jubejubes. Wish the rose scent persisted.

Smexi
Smexi

Its fantastic! I absolutely love love love it. Not only does it last forever, but I get compliments on it from men and women almost everyday.

Truth.

Ceylane
Ceylane

Smells like spicy raspberry and nothing more. Not bad, but not worth my money.

vikbielka
vikbielka

Cheap and synthetic blackcurrant jam, sorry, but it shouldn't be so expensive..for me it's like ¨yves rocher plaisir nature¨ style.

Ellenheaney
Ellenheaney

Vile! It starts out smelling of ribena or blackcurrant fruit pastilles (classy!) and then eventually mellows down to a slightly spicier version of tresor.

Definately not one for me.

prudenceliquorice
prudenceliquorice

Like a bottle of Ribena with a single rose petal floating on it.
I'm a fan of sweet perfumes but this is too monotone

vanessa.james.69
vanessa.james.69

Not a huge fan of Emma Watson as an actress at all, but I tried this out and it was nice. Not amazing, but okay...kind of synthetic smelling and a bit too sweet, but I can imagine giving this to my niece as a present.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

super sweet, thick raspberry jam and lipstick rose.
i don't get any woods--makes me wonder why its classified as a FWM?
i think its a sophisticated sexy grown up fruity floral.
polished, sexy, addictive. why did i ever think i could swap this???

colorblindlove

If anyone wants to swap with me for this (or sell at a discounted price if able to), please let me know!! I love this scent but it is too expensive for me :(

celebrity89
celebrity89

An excact replica of Yves Rocher Vie Privee. Toxic and harsh on the throat, seriously.
Why anyone would bring back such an offensive fragrance 15 years later is beyond me. Yves St. Laurant Pariesienne is similarly bad.

fdmc
fdmc

Lovely sweet. STRONG AND DARK.
For young woman, sexy, sophisticated and elegant.
Perfect for night.

projection- 10/10
longevity- 10/10

Paloma Lette
Paloma Lette

I learnt of this brand from my French friend Cecile, I opened her vanity to find it filled with the likes of Guerlain and Lancome, mostly skin products, not fragrance, however, I was walking past the Lancome store on the way to the Estee Lauder store, I was inspired to have a look in tribute to her, not thinking I would walk out now owning a Lancome fragrance.

Any perfume bottle that contains the word rose, or the note rose, I am always drawn to smell as it is my favourite scent of all time, naturally, Midnight Rose, was appealing at first glance, at first spray, I could smell most strongly the rose over the raspberry, peppers and currents, not until a few minutes does the fruiter notes of the fragrance come through. It reminds me slightly of “M” (not to offend anybody because I love that fragrance), though a lot more subtle and “clean”. This fragrance is delightfully feminine, soft and sweet- I am surprised and impressed at the staying power and sillage of this fragrance considering that it’s lighter in strength of scent. I noticed towards the end of the day (after wearing a sample for a few hours) that the notes tend to descend as slightly watery, but somehow still remain evident as they were at first spray. I have read reviews where users has stated that it as soft spicy, I can relate to this more so at first spray, other notes I notice throughout are the jasmine, pink pepper and vanilla, all notes that I love, I have been quite frank in other reviews about my love for certain notes, this fragrance has it all together in one!

I love the “freshness” of this perfume, which is surprising for me seeing as I’m usually a lover of overpowering, heavily scented perfumes, I am a lover of women who’s perfume I can smell before I even come in closer contact with them, however, this is is a well polished display of seduction. If I was to describe it to others, I would say it’s very velvet creamy, I feel more elegance come through from this fragrance, and who wouldn’t want to feel more sophisticated?

I am however, not a huge fan of the bottle and packaging, for a brand like Lancome, I would expect a more “expensive” looking packaging, mine came in a glittery box, mixing glitter with perfume brands cheap to me, I am not at all a huge fan of the colour purple or the silk rose on the side, it reminds me of witchcraft weirdly enough, but I do see the “mystical” link between the fragrance and the packaging/colour choices. Above all, I now consider this fragrance one of my favorites (knowing me it won’t last long because every fragrance becomes my favourite), I also have a sample of their latest perfume “La Vie Est Belle”, Lancome have created a luxurious blend of woman with this perfume.

daredevil
daredevil

Sweet raspberry fragrance cute but common cheap smell

Rianna
Rianna

I like clean flowery fragrances like Lacoste pour femme, Can Can, Heiress, Greet Tea Intense and Agent Provocateur Eau Emotionelle for example. I wanted something with a little bit more in it though. Midnight Rose has that. It's a great evening out perfume or even just daytime because it's drydown is clean. It smells sweet and interesting and once you smell it you want to just have another whiff. It's like a clean velvet smell. A bit fruity, vanillary, rose petals and pink pepper, with a clean drydown that catches your nose and makes you say Mmmm! What's that smell! I don't like heavy perfumes that smell like you've had it on all day and it smells musky and sweaty and a bit like B.O. Well you won't get that with Midnight Rose it's completely feminine, clean, confident and will certainly attract the males. Beautiful.

busik
busik

God, what a feminine! Although I am not fond of Tresor, hand reached for the bottle because this rosettes of attractive colors. Normally, when you try something new, you need a long sniff, try to understand, to see how is disclosed or flavor. It happens that the smell does not go to the brain, and that's it, taste it on your skin, do not try, there is no understanding, and seems to be "nothing like" smell, and lying to the collection. And this is not something that crept into the trust, and it was immediately clear, it is yours, and so easy, and my heart was light, it's like my childhood. Felt and rose, and currant, and peony, not what Elie Saab for example, ba-bam! chords on the piano) Well, very interesting modern rendition!

Evengelia
Evengelia

We are just coming into Spring in Australia and my city can be ultra romantic...this is my new favorite for the season.

Everyone is saying its suited for fall or winter but for me this screams warm days and cool nights filled with sweet roses and raspberies and then dring down to peonies, mint and powdery roses.

I am typiclly not a fan of lancome fragrances as theyre too typically floral and not much else i find....but this is a special floral, its whimsicle, romantic and for me, the ultmate scent for spring!

Xyria
Xyria

its a very fruity perfume, the berries stand out. I dont usually like perfumes that are predominantly fruity, but with this my experience was different. I find tough that it smells kind of bubblegum like, sensual bubblegum or some candy. I dont dislike it, but i think i wouldnt buy it because im crazy about it. About the comment someone made that the smell of it attracts men, yes, im betting it must attract some kind of men, its like you are some sensual yummy candy they want to eat.

miza norizan
miza norizan

i think it's misleading to put 'rose' in the name. I prefer fresh-floral perfume which i think is more womanly and classy than fruity ones.
This perfume is really fruity-gourmand and suits younger age bracket.
However, i have to admit that guys love this smell. I don't really like this perfume, but whenever i put this on, guys seems to be more... 'attracted' to me. (or, to the perfume)

blaaaaa
blaaaaa

For me this is fall/winter depresion killer! When I spray this it is like magic. Yes, it is quite sweet and juicy, for this reasons I find it's perfect for cold weather. It is long lasting even with my PH.
Sensaul, romantic, young...
Age? 18-30

Irisfvh
Irisfvh

This smells so romantic! :-) i don't like it enough to buy it but maybe when I'm a bit older and need a nighttime fragrance this is something for me, but not for now. i'm 21 and feel like i'm a bit too young for this!
Love it though

Lokyee
Lokyee

Really smell like skittles. Yummy.
It was a blind buy
I ordered it online before I could really smell it
I love it!

m4
m4

I don´t want to write negative review just tell my experience. I love the opening which is very sweet and I smell lot of berries. But this part stays just about 5 minutes and than the scent starts to turn into spicy and peony heart, I was ok with it but not enchanted. After some hours it starts to smell like pepper with some green notes and I don´t like it anymore. I appreciate the sillage and longevity cuz it´s really good. But it´s nothing for my nose. I expect sweet raspberry which I love but it was just very spicy and pungent peony and rose on my skin. Pity...

daina.Šņore
daina.Šņore

Smells like skittles.
I sprayed this on my wrist, and my mouth was watering

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I've just rented out one of my bedrooms to a French girl who is here in England to teach French for a year at a local school. One of the few perfumes she brought over with her is Tresor Midnight Rose and it's a stunner! The bottle is gorgeous and totally eye catching, with the purple hue and deep purple, silky looking little rose around the neck, and the perfume inside is even better. It's bright, youthful yet elegant and sophisticated, very French smelling (whatever that is!), intense without being overpowering, fresh yet deep, sexy ... I could go on and on! On my skin, and on my lodger too, it definitely is more fruity than rose'y and the rose in it is very subdued in comparison to the fruits. I smell mainly a deep, but not syrupy raspberry'ness with citrussy undertones, which is presumably the currant buds although to me it smells slightly lemon'y, and underlying it is the warmth and depth of the musk, cedar and vanilla. Although in some ways it's an intense perfume, it's not heavy at all and has a sweetness and freshness about it that keeps it from being overpowering yet the sillage and projection are amazing. It stays on me all day and night until I wash it off yet it never gets cloying or annoying. I can certainly see why this, apparently (according to what one Fragrantican has said here about it) was voted the #1 perfume that men would like women to smell like. It's one of those perfumes that pretty much has it all and definitely would catch people's attention.

I'm amazed that there are so many negative reviews about this perfume (although from what I can tell the good reviews outweigh the bad by a long margin!) and that some people have described it as being synthetic, chemical smelling, etc. It smells TOTALLY natural to me and not in the least bit synthetic. I can only assume that this is one of those perfumes that plays out very differently on every woman and that on some women it probably morphs into something not too pleasant, yet on others it smells amazing. Luckily, for me and my French lodger it seems to smell great on us! So, this has become another one of my favorite perfumes and one that needs to be added to my collection as soon as possible! I'm craving it and I want to see that beautiful bottle in my room every day!!

I'm not normally a huge fan of Lancome perfumes, and think the original Tresor and Hypnose, for example, are very overrated and quite dull perfumes (I do love O de Lancome and O'D'Azur though!) but Tresor Midnight Rose is, for me, definitely a winner and is right at the top of their range of perfumes.

Tresor Midnight Rose, by the way, is MILES better than La Vie Est Belle which, when I tested it, I thought was a surprisingly generic (and boring) sweet, gourmand perfume (much as I usually find gournand perfumes very appealing!) that smells very similar to so many others, including Pink Sugar, Prada Candy, etc. Tresor Midnight Rose to me is much more unique and lovely.

* * Oh, I should also say that my French lodger has her bottle of Tresor Midnight Rose alongside a bottle of Burberry Beat and in comparison Burberry Beat smells quite cheap, mundane and artificial! So, that from me gets a big thumbs down while Tresor Midnight Rose gets a HUGE thumbs up!

siomix2012
siomix2012

I dont smell any roses there...Top note obviously Raspberrys, really fruity and sweet last note. But is Not that heavy as I thaught. Long lasting(4-5) hours.it smells great and nice bottle.IS not that bad as many say it is. I've smell sweeter perfums and they do give head aches. all I can say is that is great and really fancy. I think ill make it my signature perfum ;)

KateAnette
KateAnette

This turned out to be a really lovely, sweet scent. Sugary blackcurrant (i know, wrong berry :) ) is what i get, a fruity floral with depth. I would love this, but then the pine shows up (the cedar i assume), and overwhelms everything else. Happened with Crystal Noir too, it was all pine on my skin. CN worked better for me in the summer, so i guess i'll have to try this one again next summer (it's cold here already), and see how it turns out. Bummer, i blame my weird skin chemistry. I bet this is great on the right person.

Well, didn't work for me in the summer either. If anything, it got worse. The opening is great, albeit a bit strong for my taste. After the initial burst of dark berries, it just went downhills from there. Loud and artificial, and the cedar kept getting stronger and stronger, uh. I recently tried the original Tresor EdP, and it's now on my want list, it was very pretty :)

kazulet
kazulet

its the best perfume at house of lancome.

feleeni
feleeni

I feel like a Kool Aid slash blackcurrant preserve wearing this. The personality of this perfume is as versatile as a dead person's pulse. No drama, no ups and downs. Probably more appropriate on a piece of bread with butter, than on anyones skin.

CaledonianChic77
CaledonianChic77

This is ideal for evenings i find because of its depth and the rose & berry notes really come through. Very elegant perfume I can't complain about its lasting power as i sprayed at 11am and its now 10pm and i can still smell it on my wrists & i've just woke up & its still there wow! .The 30ml bottle is dinky i mean its like polly pocket small, so cute & would fit into your mobile phone pocket of your handbag.

Vampiris

this perfume is my new love from Lancome..to me, it's quite a cool scent for Spring and Summer, I have gone through 3/4 of my 75ml bottle..

Midnight Rose doesn't smell too young or mature..it's delicious, sweet and elegant..a few of my friendly co-workers had asked what I was wearing smelt so delicious..I told them it was mid-night rose by Lancome..and yes..i wear it to work, too..because it just smells elegant and expensive..

it's very unique..a sophisticated berry/woody/rosy sensation..i loved it from the very first time i sprayed it on my wrist..youthful and girly..but not overwhelmingly sticky sweet..great sillage and impressive longevity..15 hours+ on me.. really worth it

a berry heaven for my hubby who just adores it..i teased him for liking me in 'candies' or 'fruits' all the time..he replied: "you know all men are like this"..i seriously doubt about it..but anyway..i love it too..so no argument here :)

last week i went shopping with one of my gfs..she was in the hunt for a new scent..she tested quite a lot of perfumes on that day, almost ran out of spots to test them on her skin..lol..I recommended Midnight Rose to her..she tried it..the whole time when she was around..the only perfume I could smell was Midnight Rose..lovely..outstanding and delicious..i can always tell when someone is wearing it..

it smells like black berry and current to me..i might be fooled by the color of the bottle..

Minjka
Minjka

My girlfriend got me this one. It's a good one, I'm not too smitten by it, but I think I might learn to realy like it.

mluckyg
mluckyg

I would like to like this one because of the beautiful bottle. It's very nice, bright and smell like rasberry vanilla cake. More rasberry than rose. Unfortunately, I could not stand the strong synthetic vanilla smell.

Anazap
Anazap

Received a sample. Very fruity/floral, high energy.

mimilli
mimilli

A huge punch of a little synthetic berries right in the face. Confusing, very very sweet punch I mean. After the shock it dries just enough into a lovely yet strong composition of vanilla and floral notes with a hint of pink pepper. At first I didn't like this at all but after a few tests I started to appreciate the heavy sweet blanket that it throws on you. I need to admit that one reason for me liking it is the commercial campaign - images of gorgeous Emma Watson are adorable. I've started to associate the scent with mysterious autumn nights. All together, nice fragrance for night use, but still a little too heavy and outspoken for me to love it.

siying.hong
siying.hong

Very sexy and womanly scent. not the young lady sort. but a lady who has blossomed well enough. maybe a lil mature too. it is a good scent, not the light sort. but not overly heavy as well. the only thing is it has a rather plastic smell. is there a note known as a plastic note? Hmm.

Perhaps that is bcos i sprayed in on the perfume strip and brought my nose rly close to it to sniff it. the plastic note cant not be detected when the scent is not so upclose n personal haha.

Dollycat
Dollycat

I have just received this one and o my god how i love it! The original tresor i really hate but this one is define. It´s a heavy, powdery scent, a little bit sweet and very warm and cosy. It´s not a sexy scent at least in my opinion therefore it´s too floral. Mostly i actually don´t really fancy the perfume of Lancome, there are a bit old lady like but this own is definitely an exception.

aqua76239
aqua76239

This very much reminds me of Chloe fragrance(the new version). Its the same kind of powdery rose except in Midnight Rose, its also covered with some dark fruit and vanilla. One word to describe it is "heavy"(not really a bad thing)-yes, Midnight Rose is an apt name as I see this is as more of nightime scent. Its nice but I wouldn't wear it as I normally don't like rose fragrances.

Ramz
Ramz

so delicious scent with bf ;)

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

i love this now...picked up a small bottle...great fall scent..very rich and pretty and lasting..smells like a sexy woman at night going out for live music and summer night drinks !

loonad
loonad

my sister's signature scent.so lovely on her.very fruity and classy as well.the bottle is a beauty.

ViciousDelicious
ViciousDelicious

I absolutely love this fragance. It sings elegance all the way. It might seem a little too heavy for some people, but personally I love the fragant duality between opulence and freshness.

Koukla190
Koukla190

YUM I really love this! On me it smells mostly like blackberry and vanilla, and also a little spicy and woody. It is sweet but not sickening. It is maybe somewhat similar to Flowerbomb, but I really don't like Flowerbomb, but I love this! It smells delicious, like you can eat it! It also lasts a long time and has great sillage! It's a sexy, deep, rich, mysterious fragrance, very seductive, great for fancy nights out in a black dress ; ) also, not to mention, I LOVE the bottle!

colorblindlove

I was shocked to actually like this scent a lot! I was expecting this to smell really flowery for some reason but it smelled fruity and flowery at the same time without smelling like a cheap fruity floral perfume. It just smells really good. I plan on getting a sample of this (if possible) ASAP and then if I still like it then I'll get the actual perfume :)

EDIT: I tried this again today and I still LOVE it! And this lasts on my skin for hours!! I sprayed this at about 7:30 pm and now it's 12-ish am and the scent just faded away. I'll be buying this ASAP! :)

zennia04
zennia04

Ahhhh, i feel in love with you, you are such a beauty Tresor Midnight Rose! I love your very unique scent, you remind me of romantic nights in fabulous feminine dresses.. But for now, you'll jz be in my wish list.. hubby said i had ENOUGH already, even more than enough to last me my lifetime.. soon when i have reasons to be lavish & extravagant, i'll soon get you!

gaga97
gaga97

really disapointed with this one i was expecting something sweet and feminine with rasperries but the only thing that i smelled was citrus with some plum and it's very sour !! i don't like it very much and it last on my skin only 3 minutes it's very strong and very light at the same time ! it's a pity because the bottle is beautiful and the commercial with emma watson is fantastic ! sorry for this perfume fans but i think it's not special and i wouldn't recomand it !!

Miss Glamour
Miss Glamour

I hate fruity perfumes... I also hate citrus perfume.. I don't wanna smell like citrus fruit !! the best kinds are woody perfumes and floral perfumes and fresh-smelling perfumes .

corinaandreea
corinaandreea

Like it!Midnight Rose reminds me of my Cinema-Ysl.

Heliotrope
Heliotrope

I quite like Trésor, a good balanced floral, though a little soapy, but I found Midnight Rose actively unpleasant. I don't smell any rose, jasmine, peony etc, just a harsh, sweet blackcurrant, like boiled sweets or Ribena, and there's an odd dark, metallic, oily undertone that catches in the throat - no idea what this could be.

A shame, because its a lovely name. The Body Shop used to do a beautiful (and very cheap) cologne called Cassis Rose, which succeeded in blending rose and cassis to fresh, creamy perfection, but needless to say it has been discontinued. It was the best rose scent on the market. If there's anyone out there who works for Body Shop, please can we have it back? It would knock spots off Midnight Rose.

JessyScarlet
JessyScarlet

Received a free sample of this perfume. Smells very fruity with a mix of sweet berries. A bit strong at first but smells wonderful after that. If you're into fruity and sweet smell I recommend this perfume. With the beautiful Emma as the face of this perfume, nothing will go wrong.

derkargy
derkargy

Too sweet for my taste.Tresor in love is much better.

Kazorwaman
Kazorwaman

Yes, it is SWEET, yes, it is FRUITY..But it is L`ancome! And it means STILE and CLASS :) The drydown it much nicer then the first notes,(not so sweet) but it is still not my stile, not my parfume..
But if you like sweet - try it :)

Damag
Damag

Just purchased this beauty today on my trip to Ulta! yes LIKE MOST PEOPLE HERE I'M A PERFUME LOVER!!! the cute bottle really caught my eye as I passed the perfume aisles first spray and oh my~~! I was immediately astonished, amazed, captivated by such beautiful notes, it was love at first sniff! I just knew I had to get my hands on this lovely, sweet yet not sickening sweet, dark, yummi, fancy fragrance! I wore it to a birthday party today and received compliments from most of my lady friends! so glad to have purchased it! :)

vmzaneti
vmzaneti

A modernized version of the classic, but it does not smell similar to the original. This one is more girly and it's sweeter.
I much prefer the original one.

chromaggia
chromaggia

Personally, I don't really get a lot of vanilla on my skin. When I first sprayed it on I got a nice blast of rose and berry, and even a few hours later, only the berry had faded, leaving behind the scent of dried rose petals. The woodsy notes didn't show up until later that evening (I applied it around two in the afternoon) and even still the rose stood out. A lot of people seem to not get the rose as much, and thus knock the name, but I think it shines through just fine, and it's a sexy scent to boot.

purpleunicorn
purpleunicorn

Love how the bottle looks, and love Emma Watson. I'm not one for particularly sweet fragrances, but when I tried this out, it really wasn't too sweet on me. I didn't get much of a berry note on my skin. I did, however, get an almost citrus-y note... probably the result of the berry combining with some other notes mixed in with my own body chemistry. I didn't care much for the vanilla, but I could really smell the rose and pepper... with only a slight hint of sweetness.

I like it. At 21 years old, I feel that this is age appropriate. It's not too mature but also not something that I'd associate with a 14 year old. It's a classy semi-sweet scent (depending on your body chemistry).

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

Sweet, fruity, yummy! I really like it. I was very surprised that Lancome made such a sweet, fruity, girly perfume. I could see this being something from Britney Spears or Taylor Swift. Don't get me wrong, I still really like it! I was just surprised. The rose isn't as strong as I would have imagined, given the name, but it's a really nice fragrance! Very easy to wear. Not too fussy.

carolinedb
carolinedb

I smelled this when it first came out, mainly because Emma Watson was the face of the fragrance. It's elegant, mature, sweet, and sexy. It's not a favorite, but I like it, and the bottle is very pretty.

Hayven
Hayven

Ahh, I am in love! It is a blast of berries in the beginning, but then it dries down to a soft, shy, light powdery rose. It remains subtle on my skin and clothes for at least 4-5 hours.

edit: as I wear this more often, there seems to be some kind of "ethnic" smell to it...like spices or the inside of an ethnic home/restaurant. I can't for the life of me figure out what it is.

zulukline
zulukline

I adore this scent, there's something different about it once it dries down. Its like creamy berries and a soft touch of powder. I don't have this scent, but I smelled it around Xmas time, I got it for my grandmother as a gift, but I love it so much that I want it. It seems like everyone loves this, so if anyone doesn't like it and has it, I'd be willing to trade. HMU to see what I have to offer.

EDIT:

Received this from a seller on eBay, it was used a little, but it's so amazing (and amazingly expensive) I'm in love with this. You can't be unhappy when you wear this!

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

I've always felt Lancome's fragrances are worth a try - they tend to be floral, powdery, warm, and oh-so-French, and though I've only ever owned one (Tresor), I would certainly be happy to add Midnight Rose to my collection.

I had read about this fragrance and expected something fruity and bright, but I was honestly blown away by how strikingly beautiful this one is. Seamless, bright, playful, loud but simultaneously polite and well-mannered.

At 30, I'm not usually swayed by syrupy fruity-florals, but this one is quite divine and more sophisticated than juvenile - lighter on the syrup and amber and heavier on the berries and flowers.

smellysmellycat
smellysmellycat

It's true that one would not expect a fragrance like that when hear the name Tresor.

I would define Midnight Rose as an uplifting cheerful and berryfull scent with a hint of dark side at the dry down.

Even though I find it more suitable for young ladies,it has the potential to fit into different ages and occasions.

It's a pleasant nice happy fragrance and totally needs to be tried by berry lovers.

But to me, it's not that significant. I love Lancome's style and i actually like the fact that they are targeting a younger audience with tresor.

Sillage : 7/10

FairyDaisy120
FairyDaisy120

I love this fragrance because everytime I semll it, reminds me of my Mom :) this is her signature perfume. I love the smell of nice berries just makes me smile. I would uy the perfume for myself <3

jackgirl
jackgirl

Lots of berries in the beginning. Later it becomes more spicy and bearable. Not bad but on my list.

dkny27
dkny27

The first time I smelled this fragrance it was a rather brief introduction and the top notes of raspberries pretty much sealed the "no sale" deal. I thought it too fruity, it's has a personality to match that of a younger wearer.
My mistake, because the second time around, I was patient with the fragrance and within minutes, the super fruitiness subsided and a wonderful floral sorbet developed. I had also left the sample stick in my car and when I came back, the smell was absolutely inviting and gorgeous. Very good pick for those cooler springtime days!

nush imogen
nush imogen

Little too floral sweet for an evening scent, even though i usually like sweet fragrances. Reminds me of Daisy by Marc Jacobs, it's ok, but doesn't last long and feels .. forgettable.

misscherie07

i love how its smels very berry
but it's to strong for me .
i love the bottle its so beautiful.
I bought it for my grandma and she loves it <3

flowers_are_evil
flowers_are_evil

this is one of the best fragrances I have ever smelled!
delicate, sensual, feminine AND long lasting! makes you feel like a real girly girl :) I can't smell a strong rose there, more raspberry and vanilla, rose is so gentle and light you only just get a lovely hint of it. I usually find rose perfumes too strong and old lady-ish, but this one is a rose masterpiece - young and beautiful.
I'm in love! :D

Aspendina
Aspendina

This is nice I don't get rose at all most just raspberries from beginning to end although the beginning smelt much nicer and more interesting, overall not bad at all, a nice clean, fresh raspberry scent, but kinda smells a little like other scents

Takhaet
Takhaet

I don't think it smells like Parisienne or Amethyst. Parisienne is lighter and more rosy and fresh and Amethyst is more blue berry + musk and pepper fragrance. A bit more musky than Midnight Rose.

Midnight Rose is very sweet but the sweetness in it is elegant and very lady-like, not a girly sweetness. Raspberry and rose complement themselves beautifully sitting on vanilla base.
It is not overwhelming or too strong in my opinion- it is the first this sort of fragrance that I discovered -can be used all year round - to keep me warm in winter and also refreshing me with the blast of fruit and flower in the summer . I don't know if it is just me but I noticed it smells a bit stronger and sweeter in winter and it is more refreshing-rosy and watery like in the summer. That's how I feel it anyway.

It is one of those seductive fragrances maybe even a bit "erotic"if you use it wisely ;-)

It's versatile and that's what I love about it <3<3<3

EDIT : OMG the lasting power is amazing! i can smell it on my skin even after a good one hour soak in a bath!!!!<3<3<3

tinaelisa
tinaelisa

For those wondering if this really does smell like YSL Parisienne, it absolutely does not! I've smelt them both searching for the perfect blackberry scent. Parisienne smells mostly like fresh roses to me. Way too fresh and floraly. Midnight rose however, smells nothing like fresh flowers but has that sweet, juicy blackberry scent with vanilla to add some oomph. I finally found a perfume to replace my discontinued Cacharel Promesse with. This one, I dare say, is even better. Especially the lasting power! This one is a winner!

icingsugar
icingsugar

Not sure why there is so much hate for this. Im spraying from a sample and it smells so innofensive to me. like smooth creamy blackcurrent. I wouldnt say I love this scent...i feel it doesnt match my personality oand I dont think I would want to smell of this all the time, but I can easily see myself reaching for my sample from time to time and liking it on other people. Now, if you want to try somethingvreally gag inducing try womanity.

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

Superb !!!! Midhight Rose reminds me a bit of Hot Couture . Long-lasting indeed , about 7 hours on my skin . Very raspberries, sweet, but I don't really smell the roses. It's a sweet fruity fragrance. Worth buying.Positive vote .

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

I think there is a family of similar fruity-sweet-rose scents.

Amor Amor
Gucci II
Parisienne
Tresor Midnight Rose

They all give you the same feeling. I love all 4 pefumes I mentioned, this is not a critique, more like a note I would say.

dbrii24
dbrii24

Midnight Rose seduces the senses. This fragrance is built around an intriguing woody, black currant base with a citrus & sweet rose center. The color of this juice is purple and it couldn't be more appropriate because much like it's hue it's vivid, luxurious and sophisticated. It's perfect for the young woman looking to add some depth to her perfume wardrobe but who still enjoys her subtle sweetness.

katyas
katyas

I tested this fragrance today. While I don't like the original Tresor, I did LOVE Tresor in Love, and I like this one. While it is a touch soapy, especially at first, it has a lovely rose scent to it, and lasts a LONG time. I tested it about 9 hours ago and I can still readily discern its fragrance. I decided to actually buy something else, but this remains on my wishlist to pick up when I can.

bglim
bglim

Flowerbomb, Moon Sparkle and Princess in one bottle. Raspberry juice that eclipsed the rose notes :p

snua86
snua86

When i first saw this perfume, it reminds me of its sister, Tresor in Love...i love TiL so much for daytime use, so i think this one is perfect for night time (hence the name)...however, when i lay my hands on this perfume, the sweet smell is so overwhelming...my whole room reeks of the smell within seconds...my siblings keep telling me this perfume reminds them of candies...cant find where is the floral note...so sad, because i relly love the bottle...i dont think it is suitable for work, but during a dayout would be perfect...for me, i'll stick to TiL

sarage
sarage

This is a positive surprise, I didn't think this would be something I would like (white flowers, vanilla). And I do like it a lot!
I thought this would be heavier, too much "midnight" for me, maybe a bit oriental.. but this is more light, a bit like Parisienne. But actually, this is more elegant.
At first sniff I thought it is nothing that special, but after a while I discovered an ingredience (I don't know what it is)which makes this scent very special, prevents it of being too sweet. Some crispy, fresh element which I like very much.
Beautiful bottle, but the name is a bit misleading in my opinion. This can be a daytime rose too.

Daliaabulfatth
Daliaabulfatth

I first tried this at a duty free shop & found it very captivating! I couldn't stop thinking about it until I actually went out and bought myself a 50ml bottle. I love how the bottle looks, very feminine and the purple color gives it a mysterious look. I started reading its reviews after I had bought it and was surprised how controversial this perfume seems to people. Most people either absolutely love it or simply despise it, I guess it's a very personal perfume. I love the smell of berries so that's probably why it captivated me @ first smell, but the lower notes come out more woody and maybe slightly incense too. U have to try it yourself to make up your mind. Personally I love it! And it's quite long lasting too!

LaPetite
LaPetite

When i saw how much this scent was disliked , i thought that i HAD to test it .
Not to offend anyone , but i have noticed that original , special scents , like Eden , Loulou or Womanity are strongly disliked here . Thus , i was expeting something exiting from Trésor Midnight Rose , tested it this morning , and i was like : " W...what ? That's ALL ??? "
Trésor Midnight Rose is pretty , nice ... BUT is looking so much like many many other scents , especially like Parisienne minus the controversial plastic note , and very like Cacharel's Promesse for it's romantic aspect .
I heard Rose note was making a come back , and Tresor Midnight Rose , launched last fall , is confirming this rumor .
Unfortunately , this lovely scent is lacking A LOT of character , that's the main problem with it , and maybe the reason why it is so disliked , people are fed up to be fooled by big houses launching boring scents , and those countless flankers .
I personaly won't vote "dislike" because i sincerely like it , but won't buy it .
From Lancôme , better buy Poeme or Trésor .

darrshanjvoraa
darrshanjvoraa

first thing i would tell is keep a light hand on this , its strong and sweet so spray a tiny amt and it will go very good in the evenings. its really fruity and deep and a little intense too, but a great longevity. a nice one

syarashin
syarashin

I have both Tresor in Love and this one. I like this one better. Eventhough this is not really the type I'd love to wear, it is still lovable. The berries come out too good that I can't even smell the rose - not a hint of it! The drydown - vanilla is creamy and soft. It is very elegant, sweet and sensual, great for evening wear and might also be used to high teas. I can't get enough of it! Sniffing my wrist until it stuck on my nose :P

Angelicax1
Angelicax1

This is one of my favorite perfumes in my collection so far.
I agree with some of the other reviewers that the name does not fit the scent. I definitely expected a more floral smell to this rather than the sweet black currant scent that it actually is. Nonetheless, it is a fantastic fragrance.
The initial spray smells like juicy berries and black currants but after it dries down, the soft florals, vanilla and a touch of musk come into the mix to create a highly seductive scent.
Very sensual, IMO.

jenny23
jenny23

I agree with the bottom review smells nice from the bottle,but when I sprayed this on my skin it smelt too mature and heavy for my liking

Kaala687
Kaala687

This is a beautiful perfume. When I first put it on, it smelled like grape. Very strong grape, but in a nice and pretty way. The rose started coming in after, nicely mixed with the grape. It sounds like an odd combination, but it added something that just made this perfume beautiful. The grape eventually disappeared and just left a luscious rose. This gave way to the musky note at the end.

This is a grapy rose scent, and it is surprisingly beautiful.

Pierina

I am rereviewing this one.. I received this through a brilliant swap with a lass in Canada.
I just love this fragrance.
On every level Its beautiful. It is fruity and berrylishous (indeed not a word but maybe it should be..) The Cedar, musk and vanilla give it a creamy depth that exalts it from berry fizz.
The raspberry does dominate the rose but with the rich base notes, it is balanced, fresh and pretty and when I wear it at work I have to stop myself from exclaiming god how good do I smell!!
It lasts for yonks.
I kind of feel that the opening is similar to 1 Million but it hangs around for longer.

Liina
Liina

I actually bought Midnight Rose because of Emma Watson being the face of the perfume. She looks so gorgeous in the add. The first impression was okay so I thought why not.
But now testing it at home and sniffing it all over again I can say what some other reviewers have said before. I can smell a lot of lemon in here. Fresh sour lemon. And also like said before - black currant jam. Yep it's a black currant jam with lemon. I can see where the black currant scent is coming - it's the currant buds but I have no idea where the lemon is coming from. Is it the raspberry? Because I can't really detect anything floral here, no rose, no others. The base turns a little woody-musky but the currant and lemon(?) are prominent.
Overall it's an okay scent but definitely not up to my expectations. I love the rose around the neck of the bottle and I love the add but other than that I could live without this perfume.

Lushylori
Lushylori

I really like Midnight Rose.
I just got to sample this one last week and I must say that I like this much more than The origanal Tresor.The bottle is pretty too :)

Cindykaul
Cindykaul

I will say, this is something I must get for myself!
Actually I'm not expecting too much of this perfume because I just finished the previously version – Tresor in Love, it was quite nice, sweet, so I guess the midnight will be some similar, But It was BIG mistake!! When I was passing the Lancome counter and saw this bottle, As a perfume lover, I have to test it, so I sprayed on the tester just keep in my pocket, later on then i sniff the tester, wow amazing smelling, so lovely, gracefully .

The sweetness just be right, very essential, charming, and extremely Elegant !!!!
and important is it suit me very very well !

nikitajade
nikitajade

maybe i got a bad bottle, or it's just my chemistry, but it was a blind buy. and when i put it on my daughter thought i was wearing man's cologne!!! not a good sign...

I tried this 3 times just to make sure that it was not for me!
It's not a stinker, but it smells so loudly black current and lemon, then a little shyly rose then a hint of musk, but basically it's all about black currant jam and lemon.
Probably very modern according to recent tastes, girlish with some sophistication and to my nose it smells quite scaring because it's just too acidic and loud. I still prefer old good Tresor and its rotten peach. Good staying power and beautiful bottle.

alassouli
alassouli

It definitely has a misleading name. I can't even smell a hint of rose. As some one mentioned earlier, it smells like a black current jam.

c3c
c3c

Musk and berries. That's basically it for me. I like it, I don't love it, but it's nice. It actually reminds me of DKNY Delicious Night without any of the notes I couldn't take in DN.
My husband doesn't like it but then he's a more of a fruity floral kinda guy.

Sillage is, wow, watch how much you put on. That probably added to my husbands distaste as he waved his hands around and frowned at me. I admit even with a spritz on the wrist and one on my chest I eventually found myself washing it off for relief. Lasting power, considerably better than Tresor in Loves rather disappointing show. Over all grade B- perhaps a B if I put less on next time, we'll see.

Update ~ I've decided this is not for me. There's something about the style of the musk I just really don't like. Have to pass it along.

misstierra05
misstierra05

I finally bought this scent yesterday, I absolutely love it. I had to have it from the moment I smelled it....Very Captivating and Lovely Scent and if you were a fan of Cacharel Promesse....you will definitely love this, I guarantee it :)

I'm on the fence when it comes to Tresor Midnight Rose. I'm not a huge fan of the top notes, yet the drydown has me somewhat captivated. Either way, I find this fragrance unique, which is one very pleasant aspect, especially in regards to a modern mainstream release.

Tresor Midnight Rose opens with a rather musty blend of pink pepper and rich, jammy berries. The overall feel is dark and mysterious, but perhaps a little too musky on the skin sometimes. A berry sweetness dominates this fragrance, sharing some similarities with typical releases from Escada to Mariah Carey. The rose adds a floral dimension to the composition, that certainly complies with this fragrance's femininity but doesn't cancel out the sugary aspect. I also get a strange cough syrup vibe.

For most of this fragrance's development, it's a mish-mash of heavy musk, synthetically sweet berries and pepper. I can't say that I'm a fan. However, closer to the drydown, Tresor Midnight Rose shows signs of complexity, and sweetens even further into a blend that can only be described as powdered chocolate and blueberry flavoured jellybeans.

Okay, so although it's still too sweet for my personal tastes, this rather captivating blend interests me greatly. In fact, I can hardly stop smelling it. It goes from a musky fruity floral to a rich gourmand in only a matter of hours. I'm kind of impressed.

The longevity is great, as is the sillage which projects itself quite strongly. Of all the Tresor flankers so far, including the original, Tresor Midnight Rose is certainly the best, but then again it has its moments.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

VERY VERY PLEASANT SCENT!! Ideal for that girl who wants to smell fantastically sweet in an Aura of fresh Berries, perfect for a night out. Great balance blended nicely its fun && playful you will deff. ENJOY IT!!

Everyworker
Everyworker

Very rasberry indeed. I can only smell a tiny bit of rose in this one.

Unlike Tresor in Love, this one doesn't remind me of the original Tresor at all.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

It really smells like a black currant lemonade or jam ot me. The black currant is SO prominent, at least on my skin. On my scarf i can smell a bit of the rose. But no raspberry so i dont understand why everyone is saying it smells like raspberry? I have several fragrances with raspberry where the raspberry is more prominent!!!

sofababe
sofababe

Not a huge amount of rose here for a perfume called "Midnight Rose". Not very midnight-ish either. Its a fruity (blackcurrant & raspberry) daytime fragrance. I do like it a lot but the name is misleading and the fragrance is pleasant but nothing unusual or new, however, the lasting power and projection are both extremely good. I applied what was left in mt sample vial (about half full) at 7pm last night and its now 9.30am and it still smells lovely. If you are looking for a fume with strong berries/floral tones I'd recommend this over all the other similar ones on the market currently due to the amazing lasting power!!

jozi1991
jozi1991

Very nice scent. Mostly i smell raspberry and rose so i really like it and its long lasting too. Perfect for dates and romantic evenings. Projection is also quite nice. So scent 9/10 projection 8,5/10 longevity 10/10

poivrerose
poivrerose

I think it's gorgeous. At the beginning this is sweet and slightly tart crushed juicy blackberry pulp. I do however smell a hint of rose also, and it is good and sweet. It does take a while for the berry to calm, but when it does the rose becomes much clearer, and it reminds me of floral flavored candies. The cedar and the musk sweep in nicely at the end, producing more of a sophisticated and romantic aroma. To me the drydown smells like a softer sweeter version of YSL Parisienne. I always wanted to wear Parisienne, but on my skin there was always a nagging synthetic sharpness that caused a headache. I think I might have just found my own wearable version of Parisienne.
Sillage is very good as well as longevity.

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

Is this a Raspberry body mist ?

Yes tooo much Raspberry which is not a bad point but that made me wonder : why this misleading name ? why it's called (Midnight rose) !!

This scent is reasonable for teenagers and early 20s Girls .. refreshing playful & Girlish ..

The great surprise is the sillage Really wonderful..

abigail5328
abigail5328

Tresor Midnight Rose is like freshly squeezed berries dipped in sugar!
Sweet, bold, romantic, juicy, fruity, flirty, delicious sugary fragrance!
Tresor Midnight Rose opens with a very strong burst of delicious mouth watering juicy, slightly tart berry’ness!
It is a beautiful combination of dark fruits with a touch of rose and a musky-vanilla undertone.
The rose is barely detectable as it is mainly overpowered by the prominent raspberry note. However it smells like blackcurrant to my nose.
The pink pepper note also blends quietly in the background, but keeps this scent remaining ‘mature’ and not too ‘teeny-bopper’.
Sillage and longevity are both great! I can still smell this softly on my skin hours later.
A great winter scent for day or night, but still remains suitable for the summer if worn lightly or it could become cloying if over sprayed.
The bottle is beautiful with its clear amethyst falcon and dark purple rose.

Morgane08
Morgane08

I'm having a hard time deciding whether I want this fragrance. Tresor in Love is an instant winner, yet Tresor Midnight Rose seems to be much more striking than the other. My problem is that it is too strong on the raspberry even though the rose is enchanting.

People said it reminded them of Parisienne. I agree, but Parisienne is far from being as sweet.

It's actually the mixture cassis-rose that makes it worthwhile. I had a Body Shop Cassis Rose fragrance that was discontinued and I miss it.

jusifragrance
jusifragrance

Well i give you a men perspective.

The fragrance starts up with a lot of sweet berries mixed up with fruity notes and roses. Then flowery notes starting to come up with a pink pepper. Well the basenotes is also semi-sweet with mebbe a hint of vanilla.

If you are not comfortable with sweetnotes this might not be what you are looking for.

But personally i find this one very attractive. I find this very real just like Emma Watson, so none synthetic feeling for me. This is definately a modern, flirty and romactic scent. First was wondering why Emma Watson is marketing this but now it makes definately a sense. This fragrance is kind, beautifull and sophisticated just like Emma Watson.

Projection and longevity: good to average

n.hidayah
n.hidayah

I wish to just shut up as i dont like to compare perfumes. However after some hours this Midnight rose lingers on my skin, it turns to smell exactly like midnight fantasy and then changes to smell like jeanne rose by lanvin which i have owned both. If the only thing differs is that this midnight rose tends to be more sour. It doesnt really impress me, its not unique but its comfortable for daily wear.

runninginheels
runninginheels

I may be in the minority here, but to me this perfume smelled very strongly of black currant. Because Emma Watson is the face of Midnight Rose, it made me not want to like it. But, alas, the unique scent struck me straight away - I was in a Duty Free shop and actually wasn't looking to buy a perfume, I was just browsing out of curiousity - but I couldn't stop thinking about the scent after I left the shop, and ended up returning a few minutes later to purchase it, totally compelled. One of my favourite perfumes, and an absolutely sublime scent.

whiten
whiten

I got strawberries! I don't now if it was a raspberry overload, but it smelled like strawberries to my nose, somehow...

I am a diamond
I am a diamond

Tried this perfume last week, very fruity at first spray, then the drydown reminds me Alien from Thierry Mugler a lot!
Lasts a long time also!!! I left the paper tester strip on the car, and thefollowing day the entire car smelled delicious.

Tovah
Tovah

This is definitely a strong raspberry fragrance; reminiscent of Nicolai Balkis. It's syrupy raspberry, and very sweet. There is a bit of rose, but it's not the iconic rose of Tresor. It's gentle, and powdery, in an overall sweet and powdery scent. If you love sweet raspberry fragrances and can't resist a hint of powdery rose, do not miss giving Midnight Rose a try.

CHOCAHOLIC
CHOCAHOLIC

Likeable but not something special. Fruity fragnances are not my cup of tea and this is no exception. I expected a deeper smell considering that this is supposed to be worn at night. Something more intense and less predictable. It's perfect for romantic hearts but it's not fascinating- I would love a darker and more mysterious version of Tresor, therefore it didn't fullfill my expectations.

misscareyann
misscareyann

This reminds me of Parisienne by YSL, except a tad bit sweeter, and no annoying nail laquer. It's young and pretty. Blast of berry, and a very soft berry rose dry down.

nora elia
nora elia

Few words to describe it: berries, sweet, touch of roses and excellent staying power¡ Love it

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

Is anyone else getting Taylor Swift's Wonderstruck from this fragrance? I guess the people testing Lancome aren't really checkin' for Taylor Swift ;)

This smells like a field of blueberries with a dash of rasberries and vanilla. If I didn't have Wonderstruck I'd get this because I think I like this bottle a tad more

karlee79
karlee79

This perfume to me is heavenly. First of all for all those looking for the true rose scent to come out, it wont! The raspberry is indeed actually in the same family as the Rose. Therefor I think this might be why they may share a similar smell and flavour. Perhaps its why the rose is hard to pick up on. In my opinion anytime rose and raspberry are combined , the raspberry is always dominant. But if you really stop and imagine how a raspberry taste and smells, dont you get that hint of rose? I know i do. This perfume reminds me of a perfume i found in a deep discount store aloooong time ago, and it is called Variations by Carven. Almost identical. I absolutley love this one, I have a 100ml bottle and a 50 ml as a back up . This scent was voted #1 on what men want there women to smell like.

Update: im not a scientist, or gardener! But what I do know , like explained in my post, is that to me raspberry and rose share a smell associated with taste and vice versa kind of effect. And raspberries are part of the rose family any way you wanna put it;)

PlunketNurse
PlunketNurse

First spritz wow! amazing well composed scent of tart berries, sugared flowers with a creamy vanilla sets of with a delicious shizo note!. It was a beginning of something indeed, 2 hours on, i noticed something nauseating and and very strong smelling coming from my bag.
Oh Cloying cloying rose at it s worst form ever. cassis rose is indeed a force to be reckoned with, perhaps a big thumbs up from rose-lovers but for the ones with more subtle floral preference, do stay away as sillage is gruesomely monstrous, emitting from my zipped bag for 4 hours and Strongly at that.

mimi88
mimi88

LOve this stuff. at firt bought mini bottle but wanted more so today finaly got my christmas gift from my self - 50ml this and mascara. this is sweet and sexy berries i can smell the casis also. i love it becuase to me its uncommon scent, heavy but not overhelming, also like it because it's not synthetic at all and my boyfriend loves this. the bottle is very elegant as the scent is.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

This is a very fruity scent IMO, would never have thought to classify it as woody musk! Berries are the first thing that hits you, and they remains the main theme in the perfume right through till the base notes. Reminded me of Ultrared (though the latter is a bit more subtle). Very fruity but not bad (if you like fruity, of course).

BellissiMaya
BellissiMaya

When I was in Middle/High school years back (I'm 25 now), my signature scent was something called 'Nomade'.. it was really sweet-smelling and it had an awesome sillage and left a trail behind. My little sister called me a bumblebee and my friends always knew if I was in school (sure, I overdosed, lol).

Anyway.. I could never find the perfume in the longest time ever.. all that till I got to try Midnight Rose yesterday... its soo reminiscent of my signature scent from high school! Its sweet, uplifting and just divine! As a pediatric resident, I have to be careful of the scents I wear as they shouldn't be offensive to the kids in the hosp.. this perfume is something kids would love! It's sillage isn't too great but it sure is intimate. I don't know why they call it 'Midnight Rose' though.. it smells like berries with a tad bit of the soft and spicy wood/oud from some of my arabic perfumes. Its rather persistent and long-lasting.. I can smell a bit of it after a couple of hours of use and a long, hot bath.

This is definitely going to be a favorite scent of mine! :)

appleblossom22
appleblossom22

The very first thing you smell when this scent touches your skin is raspberries. A second sniff reveals a mesh of rose and peony. The musk is nearly nonexistent in this and by the time it's dried down, the only thing left is rose. Personally, I find it charming. It may not be as elegant as you may expect from Lancome, but it's a flirty little twist. I intend on buying it anyway.

EDIT: The fact that there's jasmine in this slightly irks me, but I don't regret buying this at all. It's going to be a nice everyday scent:)

EDIT #2: Okay, I love it! Powdered raspberries all the way! I know it sounds strange, but somehow, it works!

Jomoves
Jomoves

Berries, berries and more berries. Plus a bit of sugar.

If you have a young daughter/sister/niece/friend and you want to give them a fragrance that will make them feel sophisticated but is age-approriate, then this should be top of the list. It's not my thing, but what young girl wouldn't want that bottle on her dresser? It's a great "first real perfume" gift.

I also watched the Youtube advert and I still can't work out why they decided to make a sweet and beautiful young girl like Emma look like a hard old tart.

Lt. Lasermind
Lt. Lasermind

- This perfume is targeted towards YOUNG people, (hence Emma Watson) so it's going to smell YOUNG. Just accept that and don't go smelling this expecting a mature sophisticated scent.
- No, it does not smell like the original Tresor or In love. Because it's a different perfume. If it smelled the same/similar you'd all be complaining about how it smells the same/similar. It's a different perfume, appreciate it for what it is, on it's own, disregard it's connection to the other Tresor perfumes.
- No, it should not be called Midnight Rose. The rose is barely noticeable. If you were hoping for a mature rose scent, or really any kind of a rose scent, then I understand that you're upset. The name is misleading and I am baffled by why it's called Midnight Rose. But hey moving on.
- Yes the ad is cheesy and weird.
Nevertheless, ...
- This is a fun, sweet, warm, feminine scent. It's an odd combination of notes, and it's definitely different from any other Lancome fragrance. Which is why it's great. It's different.
- It is different, all those people comparing this to Britney's Spears and other "celebrity" fragrances, you're out of your minds. While Midnight Rose is sweet it has class.
- The fragrance starts off sweet and childish, with raspberry and blackcurrant. They're fun and adventurous notes mixed in with the barely distinguishable rose that gives a softer edge to the top notes.
About half an hour/40 minutes later you can really start to smell the flowers, jasmine, peony and still some rose give the scent some class and feminine sophistication that distinguish it from other sweet fruity perfumes out there.
The dry-down really is worth waiting for. There is a faint smell of berries and sugary flower petals still, but the scent is more of a warm musky vanilla mixed with pink pepper and cedar. The spicy woody finish make this a well-rounded perfume with attitude.

-This is an adventurous, warm, feminine scent with lots of sweetness and confidence. And it deserves way more love than it's getting.

tulpe
tulpe

this is one of the perfumes which I get lots of compliments when I wear it. On my skin is sweet woody-fruity scent, which I kinda like. Bottle is very cute. Also staying power is good, nice to use this in autumn I think.

Hamano_Chiaki
Hamano_Chiaki

I understand why people who love the original Tresor hate this; it's very sweet and fruity. I hated the original Tresor but I absolutely love this scent! On my skin it smells like black currant marmelade.

takeasniff
takeasniff

@ JANINA

Hello, the designer themselves called it Tresor so I think they would know whether it has anything to do with the original Tresor. They are the perfume designers and experts not you dear. Stop being so snobbish to other reviewers who think they can smell the similarity their nose doesn't sit on your face so if it smells like the original to them it is not for you to be so rude.

Pierina

At a risk of being shot down here, I say 1) I like this and 2) it does remind me of Tresor.. I am assuming this word foisted around here 'flacon' means based on the original and I say this does a nice job.
I hated tresor when I first recieved a 5ml minature but I kept it anyway (I am a bit of a hoarder..) Well one day I came across it again and frankly found it to be sweet and romantic and I am detecting the same in Midnight Rose..
It does have a sweet combination of berries and rose in the beginning and then the base with the musk and cedar comes through. I didn't pick up any of the middle notes..
I think its really quite pretty and it suits Miss Watson. Deffinately a younger scent
It has lasted well on my parched paw.. 4 hours.
so not bad really.

yantestrs
yantestrs

I could smell the berries at the top and the powder at the base. A good smell. Seems an odd choice for a young woman, though; a bit heavy.

bookwyrmsmith
bookwyrmsmith

I agree that it is like Light Blue (but with a lot of berry and patchouli). Midnight Rose reminds me very strongly of Cacherel's Promesse.People who love(d) Promesse should probably try this as a possible current replacement for their discontinued favorite.

shoreshells
shoreshells

I don't like to compare perfumes to other perfumes; it's upsetting to think a company will just copy another fragrance, change a note and call it there own. I didn't find this with Tresor Midnight Rose. It's a little sweet for my taste but I can smell the rose and it's nice and not overpowering and bright. It is a dark rose and I'm glad it doesn't smell like Tresor perfume; althought I think they should have named it Midnight Rose and left the Tresor out of the name. It might upset those who love Tresor and keep those customers away that are not fond of Tresor. I hope it gets more positive feedback; it's really not a bad fragrance. I like it.

Wilka
Wilka

I tested it today. Though I love both rose and raspberry, I don't like the accord they've made up for this perfume. However, the middle notes suit me... It's definitely a fragrance for winter nights. Problem is that Spring is entering its last month in Uruguay, South America... and Summer is coming! So, for the time being, I'll put off Midnight Rose.

Necabel
Necabel

El perfume viene en un frasco muy atractivo, pero he usado una muestra de este perfume y no encaja conmigo, tiene algo que no funciona en mi piel, creo que es la frambruesa.

***

The perfume comes in an attractive bottle, but I used a sample of this perfume does not fit me, has something wrong with my skin, I think it's raspberry.

pearlprincess
pearlprincess

Top notes: raspberry rose absolute
Heart: jasmine, peony, currant buds, pink pepper
Base: Virginian cedar, musk and vanilla

This perfume is NOTHING like a Tresor, let alone a Lancome perfume. All the notes are lost in the beginning. The very first note you smell is passion fruit, which is not listed in the notes above.

The smell is so strong, one actually recoils from surprise rather than being drawn to take another sniff at the top note.

The offending smell boils down after ten minutes and leaves a mish-mash of crushed rose and cassis from the middle note.

The musk in the base of the mixture only makes the perfume last longer, which is not a good thing in this case. >_>

Perfume: 1/10

Staying Power: 6/10

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

oh wow, what a mess!!, overtly ''berry'', and the incence (i know it's not listed) and patchouli (which i normally love) is so harsh, is sooooo strh ong, i couldn't scrub this off (and I never say this about a perfume I normally love both but this is just beyond skank to vulgar) , there's no balance, no smooth edges, this is agressive an overtly full of berries, while i dont think it's masqueline i will say i think this is more agressive than most mens fragrances..... I dislike this in a big way. I honestly dont know what those at Lancome were smoking when they came up with this -___________-

sorry! but this is just WRONG WRONG WRONG!
bottle's cute tho

Marisa36
Marisa36

Love the flacon. As some reviewers have remarked, this fragrance has nothing to do with Tresor or Tresor in Love. The initial berry blast does remind you of a certain Britney Spears fragrance. After about 30 minutes though the scent matures into something a little more sophisticated, as you would expect from a Lancome fragrance. Emma is the perfect face for this. It is young, playful and flirty and will definitely appeal to a young and trendy audience. Not my cup of tea, but if you love floral fruity fragrances and love berries, you should give this a try.

Ok it is now an hour and half later and must admit that the fragrance is quite pleasant. Mmmm...Peony and vanilla is now all that is left.

K3ll3Y
K3ll3Y

I got a sample of this and wore it today. All I can think of is that I can't wait to take a shower. It's kind of a mess of notes competing with each other. It has a bitter, synthetic base note. I smell a mish mash of fruit, sugar and bitter alcohol.

I won't be buying this one - sorry.

SPHINX
SPHINX

EDIT: I have been using this gorgeous fragrance for a few days now and I am inlove!! It's such a heavenly smell that has such a sexy marute dry down. Its fruity and fun but deliciously deep and a really excellent autumn/winter warmer. My senses are overwhelmed.

Beautiful bottle, sweet soft scent that starts fruity and dries down to a warm jasminy spicy smell that stays on all day and doesn't overbear itself. It's definitely my new favourite. Silage is excellent and the dry down is definitely something worth waiting for. This frangrance has many different faces and it suits a more sophisticated woman, its not a cheap smell.

dianaapichardoo
dianaapichardoo

Finally I got to try the really hated Tresor Midnight Rose, which I thought would be a selling bomb just because of Emma Watson being the main campaign.
Because all of the horrible reviews and explanations about a plastic synthetic , extremely sweet and over powering scent, at the moment I tried it I was expecting a really intoxicating cheap berry scent, but it is not .. it is a rose and raspberry strong scent I must say, definitely for night and fall-winter time, it starts in raspberries and calms down to a rose flowery and a bit smoky scent.

About the bottle, I think that every perfume bottle has to be unique, new and beautiful... having to see the same tresor in love bottle was disappointing, but I do get that this perfume is supposed to follow Tresor in love concept, if you think that this will be somewhat like tresor in love, well no ... it is actually TOTALLY different.

I like it, I don't really understand so many dislikes, I'm pretty sure I will buy it.

LunaPearl
LunaPearl

I like this alot more compared to Tresor In Love, but I don't like it enough to purchase it. Synthetic fruity/bubblegum scent, sugary florals and berries. Unfortunatly it doesn't smell serious enough.

I imagine my 7 year old cousins wearing this.

I hate to say it but some drug-store celebrity fragrances are more far appealing than this.

missymary
missymary

I tested this today, and I was fully expecting a rush of berries, but instead I got strong rose with a slight muskiness and a hint of raisiny plummy darkness. I like it. And normally I don't like rose perfumes. This is like a nice light version of Stella.

It's a wee bitty chemical and not wildly exciting, but for a rose perfume it has unusual edge, and it's wearable. Lasts well too. Recommended.

ralucucky
ralucucky

I think it's nothing special, but it is the kind of perfume your boyfriend/husband would like more than you.

jodee
jodee

Finally got to try the Tresor MR. First, it was a very strong blast of my all time favorite bubble gum: Raspberry Bubbilicious. As I love the gum, not sure I would want that scent in a fume. Then after a bit, the sticky, sweet raspberry note toned down and it turned more floral..with more of the jasmine and peony coming out..finally leaving a lingering musky odor which I am not sure I am a fan of. I liked In Love on me much better than this..it's much more wearable for me. Midnight Rose I will take a pass on. Too bad, cause I absolutely love the bottle. This scent would be best for cooler weather, like winter.

Whit
Whit

Umm....ok, I can understand why so many people would dislike this. I wasn't a fan at first until I let it dry down. I'm not a fan of rose, but I let it dry and I was surprised. To me the dry down smells like rose, wood, and I know it's not listed in the notes, chocolate. I puts me in mind of Princess by Vera Wang, but with more rose. Tresor Midnight Rose is romantic and great for fall and maybe the warmer months, though I would think the rose note might be a little too much for the heat. The cooler months would be better suited for this frag. If you like rose, go for it; if not, try it and at least wait for the dry down before you decide.

janca
janca

My biggest problem with this fragrance is that I like the bottle and I was expecting something different. More elegant, deeper Tresor in Love, which I like. The parts of the whole concept: the bottle, the color, the add and the juice does not fit together for me. Smell is just oversweet, fruity and annoying on my skin. My inner image of romantic midnight is far away of what i get here.

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

I do like it for individuality and bright character. Firstly, very yummy mango, then glamorous mango-smth. Not Escada beach story, but smth with chic and own face. Not tender and timid but kind of showy, joyful, with reliable projection - the staying power is really good. Neither beach nor bitch but just right.

SAMFLOWER
SAMFLOWER

A headache this is what Trésor midnight rose gave me !
At the beginning cassis and raspberry notes are nice but after a while it becames sweeter and sweeter , can't wait the dry down , just need to wash my wrist.
For sure not for me maybe ok for very young girl

MaiCecile
MaiCecile

The opening notes (which last for about an hour to 40 minutes) are indeed a bright blend of raspberries, peony and a hint of rose. It then dries down to a more vanilla, musk and cassis smell, but remains warm and delicious rather than dark.

This scent is for those of us who like scents like Mon Jasmin Noir and Narsisco Rodriguez for Her but are looking for something a little lighter. It is definitely still a deep scent, but the fruit adds a juicy, pretty quality to it. It does remind me of Escada Moon Sparkle and Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy, but this fragrance is more sophisticated and demure. Less party girl, more intelligent girl on the town.

As I was sitting here in my cozy sweater, enjoying a cup of tea and the fall leaves outside, I sniffed my wrist and suddenly got a flash of Emma Watson doing the exact same thing. When I first sniffed this in a store I was surprised that she would endorse something so fruity, but now that it is on my skin I understand the fragrance much better and can definitely see how it suits her. She has said before that she is not really a perfume girl, but enjoys DKNY Be Delicious. This is along those same lines, just a bit more of a night-time or fall scent. It is pretty, young, and fresh with a touch of warm sophistication. Just like Emma!

A comforting scent for fall or summer nights.

suile
suile

There are a lot of new fragrances around at the moment that are pleasant and I would buy them, if they weren't so overpriced for what they are and this is one of them. Nice raspberry hit for about fifteen minutes, followed by musky or maybe smokey, powdery rose drydown that is longlasting. Very wearable, nothing annoying about it, I imagine the body products could be very good.

Lalunia
Lalunia

It is really nice,first I thought no it is not for me but the drydown is so nice, feel sexy and last forever on me, will buy, shame I have not seen the body lotion.

Shyn's Release
Shyn's Release

Okay I loved Tresor when it came out.I ran to buy a bottle of it and that was a big deal for me back in the day.But, now I don't love Tresor anymore it smells different more softer clearly its been tweaked.Enter Tresor in Love this was a huge let down.It smells like a watered down Tresor didn't like it.So you can imagine I didn't have high hopes for this.
Well, my I am totally impressed it didn't smell like Tresor another flanker.It should of had an original name no tie in with Tresor.But, that being said this smelled like a black berry fragrance with a whisper of Tresor in the backround.I loved this I want it I will get this one.It lasted had a lovely sillage this is what I was hoping Mignight Fantasy would be like.Except this didn't smell like grape koolaide.It was nicely done.

smellME
smellME

To all of you who dismissed this, take your time to wait for the fabulous drydown...thats what you will wear most of the day, but I agree to be named as a rose scent, only pass through the topnote isnt enough. To me it has vibes from the aqua armani ones and its fruity enough to resemble the escada series, but once again,have patience enough for the peppery drydown. I think its interesting as always with Lancome...
Dont know whats put in this stuff but it sure is addictive, been wearing it the last couple of days, and a lot of my other perfumes seems to fade next to it.,,,
The bottle with its amethyst seethrough caracter and the dark purple rose is simply gorgeous!
For me - a both night and day scent
Addictive - is the word !

mariamaria
mariamaria

this has nothing in common with Tresor or Tresor in love. It is a berry scent but nothing extraordinary, just something that you forget in half an hour...artificial and synthetic...i like berries but there are much better ones out there

Aroussa
Aroussa

Like sniffing a berry-flavoured lolly-pop or bubble gum. Artifical sickly smell all the way. Even worse than Parisienne! And I didn't think it could get any worse than that. Congrats, Lancome, on a job badly done!

In Vogue
In Vogue

This is rose-scented medicinal treacle. I thought the overwhelming stench of alcohol would wear off in a few minutes, but it didn't. This gave me a head-ache, and I never get fragrance-induced head-aches. I think the perfumers may have been aiming for something vodka-ish with this, but it doesn't work. For any-one who has always dreamed of smelling like a cough-drop!

Denoula
Denoula

I found this lovely at first and reminiscent of Flowerbomb, but after a while a sharp, acrid note came through that smelt to me of sweat! Not strongly, but enough to put me off.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

Not sure what has gone wrong with Lancome lately, but I get the feeling that they sold their souls to L'Oreal along with their brand. This is extremely berry like and 'purple' which I should like as I love Poison, but this is too syrupy and synthetic and I couldn't even bear the paper strip in my bag. It smells a bit like the newest Britney to me....

Kione
Kione

I was very surprised by the dislikes to this perfume, I loved it! Yes, its is very berry-strong at the start, but then you can smell the pink pepper and that makes it more mature. And on the dry down it becomes a bit smokey - in a good way, I loved it! BUT I think this is for a night out, not for everyday use. But Its deffinitelly in my WANT list!

My friends liked it on me too. So after reading such bad reviews maybe its just very good on my skin?

Staying power not more than 4 hours.

Migalex
Migalex

Sillage is quite good at least for the first hour, but on top of its for me unpleasant smell, I would rather it have no sillage at all. Too sweet and fruity, like raspberry sodapop. Sticky and heavy, but with no sophistication or sensuality. It might be interesting with a deeper base, with more musk, amber or patchouly, but to me what it actually smells like is those school rubbers for children with fruity smells, actually, raspberry scented rubber.

Matin
Matin

Not really original but good fore those who like sweet fruity floral scents. Flirty and feminine raspberry cream vanille-floral. good lasting power :)

PD: I think in this stile , this is very cute and nice , not too gourmand but really sweet fruity on my skin. Youngh and flirty spirit.
Not my stile at least.

CathyGQ
CathyGQ

Excelent fragance, but it´s not the original and the original still carries that X factor that makes it truly unique . This lacks that factor.

trollet
trollet

I've tried this one and it's berries,berries,berries.
From start all the way to the end. OK, I can smell some flowers in this but the raspberry dominate all the time. I want to eat raspberryjam not smell like it. And this is what it smells like on me. For fruit and berrylovers this is perfect and it lasts a long time.

orchid_84
orchid_84

This opens up with sweet berries and rose, and stays that way for a couple of hours. I actually don't mind it at that stage....a bit cloying perhaps, but juicy and fun. An artificial quality emerges more as it wears into that non-descript laundry detergent drydown that seems to be characteristic of synthetic-smelling perfumes. Not the worst scent I've experienced, but not so great and nothing particularly unique or stand-out.

Wynter
Wynter

Lancome's Tresor Midnight Rose is a sweet raspberry and light rose scent mixed with musk. It's a very pretty and feminine fragrance. It might be too heavy for warmer weather, but it's nice to wear the during cooler months. I love sugary sweet raspberry scents and enjoy wearing Midnight Rose, however you really do have to love sweet berry scents to appreciate it. I can understand how the strong berry notes could be too sweet for some women's tastes.

But I have to add that I love the beautiful bottle and the advertising campaign (Emma looks gorgeous).

Unikko
Unikko

Uggghhh... Death by billion sugared berries! Started rather nicely, roses and berries, but soon there were more and more berries. And more. And even more. The rose disappeared under all those berries and then someone poured a heavy dose of sugar on the top. At this point I had to scrub it off.

It reminds me of YSL Parisienne, which I own and like. It's like Parisienne on steroids and unfortunately too much for me.

FreyaMarie
FreyaMarie

I'm right there with all the reviewers calling this plasticky and chemical.

When I first sniffed the bottle I was pleasantly surprised by sweet inoffensive berries - a bit like Lanvin's Jeanne but sweeter. I sprayed a little on my wrist and went on with my day. To my embarrassment, I soon begun smelling like My Little Pony.

So yes - we're dealing with a very chemical, overwhelmingly sweet, plasticky fake berry scent. (And what exactly does this have in common with the original Tresor? Why keep that name when the scent is so different?)

cicinka
cicinka

It reminds me Escada Absolutely me and Guerlain Insolence a lot! Its not bad, but its not great. On my skin it stays a looong, and the silage is also surprising:) Anyway, its very sweet and sugary and girly...

melia
melia

There is some rose in the opening, which makes the whole composition appeal quite attractive, but soon it fades away and all there is left are sweet musky berries...

antonpan
antonpan

This should be named "Tresor Midnight Raspberry" instead of "Midnight Rose". Where are the roses? The fragrance starts with splash of red (and black ones) berries - they are juicy and joyful, delightful and "tasty". Like a jam! After that this berry sorbet becomes a bit musky, but doesn't change the direction. The perfume is not deep or rich, it seems to be a bit more complex copy of berry bomb Cacharel Promesse or a juicy version of Lalique Amethyste. Midnight Rose is too girly for a brand and too common for a market in a whole. Yes, it is pleasant and lovely, but that's not Lancome!

redrose
redrose

I just tried a bit of this mysterious new scent today as a persuasion by Lancome sale lady as I was looking for something for a winter time. I must say, did hit me quite a bit.I really like Hypnose and I stopped by to refresh my memories and I was introduced to a new fragrance which is amazing....I found it so "me" and Im glad as recently I could not express myself by any of new fragrances. Specially my husband finds most of them annoying so even if I like something he doesnt think that suits me. Fortunately we both love it...I am looking forward to buy it.I was told is going to be available for sale from October.
It is fruity and sweet,it is musky too and does have that "midnight" bit called by me "mysterious". I dont find to heavy or sicky. Everybody is different and even that I dont like Dior's Midnight Poison as is to heavy for me I do like Midnight Rose so much.
If you know Lalique Amethyst this is like more luxurious version of it,well now I know why my husband likes Midnight Rose. He always liked Amethyst on me but I found it a bit boring after awhile :)
I do agree that to smell roses in it is rather difficult.It is more on berry site but I still do like it and will buy it:)

TiaTia
TiaTia

way too sweet! i loved the topnotes, they smelled deep and sweet. but after a few minutes the deepness disappeared on my skin and left an annoying sweetness without ground! just too much sugar that isn't cute anymore but punches you in your face. it really smells very cheap then.
and btw: where is the rose????

GreyMan
GreyMan

I stumbled across it earlier and the bottle made me really curious. I tried it both on the paper and skin. I've been hoping for a nice berry scent for autumn and this seems to fit the bill. It reminds me of YSL Elle and Elle Intense. It would be a suitable replacement for Elle at some point. The intense notes fade rather more quickly than they should, but I like cedarwood in any drydown. For now it's a maybe from me.

I had great expectations... you know, Lancome, Tresor and all the fuss. I was disappointed. I like this fragrance but like is not love. Raspeberry and cassis are too strong and dominate the whole blend with a heavy scent. I see there is "night" in the name so I didn't expect anything too airy. It seems very difficult these times not to fall in either one or the either category.
Anyway Tresor Midnight Rose is too much "night in a wood" and too little rose. The bottle is gorgeous!
For a more balanced scent between rose and berries go try Rose Nuit de Mai de l'Occitane. For a fraction of price.

rougetnoir
rougetnoir

I've tried a sample of Tresor midnight rose. I don't like red fruits in perfumes too much, but this one is interesting. it's sweet, not only sweet, because of the pink pepper and cedar in the drydown.
it's lovely

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

This is a rather fruity/floral scent... At the beginning I can smell agressive citruses mixed with red fruit. The I smelled like a minty rose, it must be the cassis and pink pepper which gave me that impression.
Anyway I couldn't compare it to midnight poison, it's not dark, not so sexy. It s even a bit too girly but very nice.
It has good longevity on my skin and a good sillage too. I guess it is a hit because I can smell it everywhere I go, which becomes a bit annoying in the end. Most often it s middle aged ladies that wear it.

Update: After a whole night, I can still smell it on my wrist, mostly berries and vanilla.Very sweet.

Extremely sweet and fruity. I didn't find it pleasant and couldn't trace strawberry or vanilla, just massive plastic fruit.

PS: I even did the skin test now and it's still artificially sweet and floral. I couldn't really trace a rose either. My friend didn't like it either.

PPS: Now I got a bottle as a gift. It's not that bad on my skin as it was when I only tested it BUT it fades away almost immediatly. I cannot detect it anymore after only some minutes.

Lujza
Lujza

BRAVO,Lancome... nice bottle <3

"Music,When Soft Voices Die"

Rose leaves,when the rose is dead
Are heaped for the beloved's bed;
And so thy thoughts,when thou art gone,
Love itself shall slumber on. -P.B.Shelley

Tresor Midnight Rose by Lancome 3.77 out of 5 based on 1703 ratings and 314 user reviews

Lancome 'Tresor Midnight Rose' Eau de Parfum 1 oz
Lancome 'Tresor Midnight Rose' Eau de Parfum 1 oz
TRESOR MIDNIGHT ROSE for WOMEN by Lancome EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
TRESOR MIDNIGHT ROSE for WOMEN by Lancome EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Lancome Tresor Midnight Rose Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz
Lancome Tresor Midnight Rose Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz
TRESOR MIDNIGHT ROSE for WOMEN by Lancome EAU DE PARFUM WITH ATOMIZER 1.7 OZ LA COQUETTE LIMITED EDITION
Lancome 'Tresor Midnight Rose' Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz
Tresor Midnight Rose Perfume by Lancome, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Tresor Midnight Rose Perfume by Lancome, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Tresor Midnight Rose Perfume by Lancome, 2.5 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Tresor Midnight Rose Perfume by Lancome, 2.5 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lancome Tresor Midnight Rose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lancome Tresor Midnight Rose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tresor Midnight Rose by Lancome. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tresor Midnight Rose by Lancome represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.