Designers » L » Floral Fruity « Groups

Tropiques Lancome for women

Tropiques Lancome for women
dislike

tropical

Tropiques was launched in 2006 as a limited floral-fruity edition. It opens with notes of cranberry and raspberry, seduces with exotic mango blossom, jasmine and black currant, while the base notes add powdery vanilla trace, tonka, and sandalwood.

Cranberry Raspberry

Black Currant Mango Blossom Jasmine

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Vanilla

Tropiques Fragrance Reviews

CozyCat
CozyCat

This is a gorgeous fresh raspberry with some depth. I normally can't tolerate prominent raspberry notes in perfumes, especially combined with vanilla...too girly-sweet and often come off as too teen-y and naive. Now, I'm a girly-girl, but I tend to draw the line with raspberry (Daisy Eau So Fresh, Tresor Midnight Rose, etc). But Tropiques lacks that irritating vibe, and in comparison feels more refined with some depth and warmth, yet it is fresh and lightweight enough for even the hottest days. It's a sparkling scent that just makes you feel good. It doesn't smell cheap like strawberry shampoo or fruity body spray or a cocktail drink like many scents in this category often do. Women in their 20's and 30's longing for a cheerful red-fruit based summer scent (that doesn't smell juvenile) would appreciate this gem. It's a pleasure to reach for this, and when I got it as a gift 5 years ago, I drained out a bottle in less than 3 months, a record for me. I was so disappointed that I couldn't find it in stores to re-stock. Pity it's a limited edition, living in a hot climate, I would've gladly made this my signature if it were a permanent item.

KaseyC
KaseyC

This is another summery fruity sweet fragrance that makes my stomach happy! I adore the fruity sweetness in this fragrance. It's not like the one that I get from ESCADA summer fragrances. To me, it smells more mature and deep. It lasts long on me. It could be sticky if you wear it on a hot summer day with a lot of sweating. So, I recommend to wear it in the spring.

I am not very familiar with Lancome fragrances. But I think this line is kind of unusual as I remember Lancome is very feminine and this fragrance or this line is kind of fun and playful.

lollsazz
lollsazz

Not one of the fragrances I like to wear, but I do like to open the bottle and sniff the perfume once in a while :) To me it actually does smell pretty tropical, but in the sense that it compliments tropical smells, not that it actually smells of typical tropical fruits. It's a very summery, sweet, luxurious smell, but I don't wear it well as all perfumes turn more sweet on my skin and it makes this a little sickening. I actually think this could fit a wide age range.

balefulregards
balefulregards

This is one of my go-to summer fragrances.

O'boy! Makes me think back to the 80's but this one has a modern twist. A bit heavy, very fresh, a bit loud and yet soft and sexy. Sweet in a good way, not sugar sweet. Less is more, spray carefully or this one will turn to a room-killer, but 1 or 2 spritzes and you smell fantaboulus for many, many hours.

O'boy! Denna får mig att tänka på 80-talet men denna doften har även en modern fläkt. Lite tung, mycket fräsch, lite högljudd och ändå mjuk och sexig doft. Lite är lagom, spreja försiktigt annars blir detta en rumsdödare. 1 eller 2 sprejningar och du doftar fantastiskt i många, många timmar.

sweetmagnolia
sweetmagnolia

Wow! You would think with all those fruit notes in there, and just by the name alone, that Tropiques would be an over the top, in your face, tutty fruity mess.
But this is not the case at all! The base notes here, do a beautiful job of softening and balancing things out.
Tropiques is one smooth, creamy, fruity/floral.
And not typically what you would discribe as tropical
either.
This one is classic, elegant, understated and clearly created for a woman rather than the younger crowd.

Unikko
Unikko

Surprisingly, I'm loving it! I'm not generally a fan of Lancome perfumes with the exception of Mille et Une Roses which I adore, I find most Lancome offerings fairly general and uninteresting.

Tropiques is difefrent. It's mainly a berry-vanilla scent with woody undertone. Generally most scents with dominate berry and vanilla accords are way too sweet to me but Tropiques is not your usual sugar-infused teenager scent. It has dryness that keeps it from coming too sweet and the woody base balances the sweetness nicely too. It's not that tropical scent, IMO, at least not what I would expect from a perfume called "Tropiques", more just like juicy sweetness balanced with vanilla and soft woods.

qilaparfume@yahoo.co.id
qilaparfume@yahoo.co.id

smell like Escada Magnetism women,

guest_Jade07
guest_Jade07

LOVE Tropique! my favorite perfume, but sooo hard to find. Sadly, Christina Agularia's perfume (dont' know the name) smells similar and is cheaper, but not the same!!!!

guest_radeo
guest_radeo

blah! Sweet and fruity. Same fruity floral again and not much more dont get me wrong its not bad its ok but not different enough to make me buy it even if it is on good offer here.

essija
essija

I love Tropiques, it's very Soft and Fruity, just right for Summer, I agree it's not exactly Tropical, but it works in the heat, can't go wrong with it..

lillybee
lillybee

A fruity and syrupy start but is definitely different from other fruity openings and I've worn quite a few. Tropiques has an exotic sweetness reminiscent of pina colada and cranberry juice. It's sweet but sparkling and fresh like a fizzy cocktail on the beach. I get most compliments when I wear Tropiques than any other fruity floral scent.

I love the base notes the most when Tropiques blends magically with my skin and is now dry and sweet, like when you have a shower in summer and then the sun dries the remainder of the water that was left on your bare skin. Unfortunately the scent disappears completely after about eight hours, as Tropiques is an Eau de Toilette though compared to other eau de toilettes Tropiques is one of the longer-lasting ones.

A real gem, that may not be everyone's taste, Tropique is a unique tropical themed-fragrance that is playful, but sophisticated, exotic and natural, sweet but balanced. It isn't just a summer fragrance, it's too heavy and not citrusy enough for that. It's the essense of the tropics, capturing the warm and humid air and the smell of exotic fruits, woods and spices and all along staying bright and playfully light! Defies age, classification, free and enticing Tropiques has plenty of reasons to love it.

LauraM
LauraM

I only use this one occassionally as I am more partial to oriental floral scents, but for a fruity one...it is very nice.

wildflower
wildflower

Truly a amaizing scent. The trydown is very different, than the topnotes. One of my favourites. Not a suprise, since it has notes, that I usually love in perfume. At first its very fruity, but develops quickly to a very warm vanillla scent.

I don´t find this masculine AT ALL.

I just wish this would last longer on my skin.

amanda
amanda

ive just started to use it for summer, at first its strong, but it fades away surprisingly soon, fortunately in the heat the smells are stronger.
Anyway the smell is hot, andy very interesting.

Marianne
Marianne

Very sweet, but a nice kind of sweetness. Like a tropical fruit juice.

Moszatka
Moszatka

One of my favourite summer fragrances. It is like it's name: TROPIQUES!

guest_loranda
guest_loranda

i dont think its masculine, but not average. its one of my favourites, and i always get compliments on it.its fl.-fruity but its a bit woody too. very sensual and unique

guest_nicky
guest_nicky

its nice, ive already finished 2 bottles and i cant get bored of it. its sweet but a bit masculine in a way.. it has some similarities with ferrari black, which is a mens fragrance, but tropiques is more femenine of course:) spicy and sweet but not the way they usually are...it can be wore without age limit

Tropiques by Lancome 4.08 out of 5 based on 93 ratings and 19 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lancome Tropiques fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lancome Tropiques, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tropiques by Lancome. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tropiques by Lancome represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.