Designers » L » Oriental Woody « Groups

Arpege Pour Homme Lanvin for men

Arpege Pour Homme Lanvin for men
dislike

Arpege Pour Homme Lanvin for men Pictures Arpege Pour Homme Lanvin for men Pictures

This is one of the latest fragrances for men by Lanvin. This perfume is completely balanced; interesting harmonies appear with different notes: pepper-like dryness of the top notes and waves of warmth find its way through it; opulent jasmine and ascetic cold iris; warmth of the base notes following the rich floral heart. Women may also like it, even though this is definitely a fragrance for men, very elegant and sophisticated. The main notes are: pink pimento, mandarin, bitter orange and neroli. The heart is composed of iris, jasmine, walnut and Latin American tea mate, while the base includes vanilla, Tonka beans, patchouli, Australian sandalwood. It was created in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Pescheux.

Pink Pepper Mandarin Orange Neroli Bitter Orange

Nutmeg iris Jasmine

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Patchouli Vanilla

Arpege Pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

Dead Disney
Dead Disney

How good is Arpege Pour Homme?

So good that I almost sold my 2007 silver-collar DHI because Arpege covers so much of the same ground.

Luckily, I came to my senses and kept both.

cao.pin
cao.pin

I bought 2 bottles of this amazing scent
sweet powdery vanilla really really good

sadly discontinued

joenick68
joenick68

After all these years I still get compliments and even how to spell the name of the cologne, but I told the lady today, that is discontinued but still could be found and the price out there keeps getting higher.
Anyhow one of my top shelf colognes, one of the best from Lanvin. Get it while you can.

barzamihai
barzamihai

I discovered a treasure where I did not expect.Is the scent that you wake up to reality and then you bring in dreamland, with a flavor that is addictive.Sweet-spicy-powdery-vanilla for male-modern-elegant with a touch of iris very natural (not that smell of lipstick or makeup), but unfortunately: undervalued and endangered (interrupted). Projection and excellent longevity.

josevancouver
josevancouver

I like the way this smells...but it gives me a headache. I don't know why, but it does.

enjoythesilence
enjoythesilence

"Lovers don't finally meet somewhere...they're in each other all along." -- Rumi

Lanvin Arpege Pour Homme opens with a stimulating citrus which stirs the imagination. The citrus notes are quickly carried away, as if by wind. A gentle cloud of iris grows stronger and stronger until it completely washes over you in a comforting, yet melancholic haze. This initial cool phase lasts approximately 90 minutes. It reminds me of the scent of fresh powder snow carried by a winter breeze. Arpege really captures that magical aspect of high altitude Rocky Mountain powder snow, freshly fallen. The air is extremely dry, yet amazingly fresh and invigorating at the same time.

Underneath the cool cloud of iris, a spicy spark of pink pepper and nutmeg ignites a steady glow of the smoothest dry vanilla - wrapping you in a warm, golden embrace. This vanilla is not at all syrupy, nor too sweet - it is gorgeously rounded. This sounds bizarre, but you almost feel as if you could touch it - it's a beautifully balanced and almost 3D effect. This nearly-tangible and radiant warmth only remains for a heartbreakingly short two hours until the fire slowly grows dim.

A soft coolness re-emerges, but it's slightly warmer than the opening phase. Powdery and earthy notes appear and provide a sense of longing for the now elusive vanilla. Sandalwood and patchouli are extremely sheer, a mere reflection, but quietly present. The ghost of vanilla ever-so-softly whispers sweet nothings through this final phase of coolness, until it all slowly fades away several hours later.

This is a gorgeous fragrance, and certainly unisex. I am a woman and this is absolutely beautiful on my skin - not too masculine at all (but neither is it feminine.) It's a gentle, well-crafted fragrance for anyone to experience. I've tested this approximately 10 times now in a variety of hot and cool summer temperatures (55-96F). I think it's suitable for year-round wear, but it evokes thoughts of beautiful winter landscapes for me. This is one of those rare fragrances which could be suitable for nearly any season, situation and setting -- anything from resting at home, to an evening at the symphony, a day spent at the office, etc. (A special thanks to my dear Fragrantica friend, ~M, for providing me a sample!)

Soundtrack: Ludovico Einaudi - Burning

mmmmgood
mmmmgood

a masterpiece..and one of the better designer fragrances, ever made.

there's a long list of fragrances that are trying VERY hard to be what Arpege Homme is (Allure Homme Edition Blanche/Chanel, to a lesser extent Bvlgari Black, VCA/Midnight In Paris and Traversee du Bosphore L`Artisan Parfumeur, to name but a few)

but to my nose, none of them really take the crown..

MetalMan
MetalMan

Today was a good day - the rain fell in sheets, the wind blew ever so sweetly, and a gentle chill settled throughout the land...these are my truly favorite days. Often, in the wind and cold, I find myself looking for answers to questions I have held for nearly a decade and a half - most concern the meaning of life, love, and the curiosity of connection (to music, to scent, to people, to places, and so on). I spin through these questions and thoughts endlessly only to arrive where began - such frivolous toil! I chose a strong companion to aid me in this brief journey - Lanvin Aprege Pour Homme.

This is another stunning beast in my collection - and one that is sadly discontinued... Well, it is very potent to start off with - a sharp citrus laid over the rich heart of spiced iris and nutmeg and the always present base of a thick, musky vanilla and honeyed amber. This is truly narcotic - I cannot smell myself enough and it brings me such resounding joy when I catch wafts of it in the air surrounding me....it is a gentle yet powerful beauty - much like the perfect woman (or man). I catch whiffs of a peppery iris now and again accented with a honeyed woods and resins - some of my favorite notes in gourmand fumes all playing a beautiful harmony. This fume takes me to the arms of the perfect lover I never had - it illicits extreme joy and profound loneliness - a truly unforgettable experience that I couldn't do without! May you all find the answers to your burning questions and may you have a true love to cozy up to on these cold, rainy days!

Day 14 - The search for meaning
Listening to: Agnes Obel - Under Giant Trees

Jernê Knowles

Great Olivier Pescheux that presented us with Arpege Pour in its Home version conceituadíssima Lanvin, this house that is synonymous with elegance, refinement and responsibility as aims to bring to market leading his high name. Pescheu is a myth, his creations for Diptyque dispense other comments, beginning with the absolute 34 boulevard Saint Germain to intimate resected Vetyverio, delight in its most sublime and bottled form!

Arpege opens strangely amid an aromatic combination means bitter sometimes greenish, but also with a raucous spicy footprint that comes to be somewhat of a nuisance in the first minutes of application, but nothing that does not give to support to this combination bizarre evolve to your heart that brings the luxurious impressions if your house. Yet I confess I had to it gives opportunity for more than three times in order to understand their circumspect proposal.

In his notes means it becomes half dirty and heavy, I would say an opulent and dense scent referring to the most classic fragrances Lanvin already launched in perfumístico market, and believe that the combination of jasmine and iris pass the aromatic impression of presence eminent aldehydes fragrance, according to the website of the House does not contain such a note, but I get on the back foot and I suspect that yes there is the presence of the same in it. (Oloko)

Here, at its base it becomes the best fragrance, in my view, because it carries a silkiness that is very peculiar in some perfumes that have used this life, something bright, intense and fresh. Bet on the perfect combination of Patchouli, Vanilla and Tonka that to my nostrils, refer to hair smell of Chucky doll, yes, identical to smell that meeting on the basis of softened My Insolcence Guerlain, without taking nor, however, here in Arpege Pour Homme Lanvin, this smell is improved due to the virility that rises from beyond the notes of his heart. A perfume fixing between 8 h to 10 h and has a considerable projection in the first 4 h after his troubled exit, it will which is a beauty!

guerlainfreak
guerlainfreak

An absolutely gorgeous scent.
This is an homage to the past. Guerlain's Heritage is definately Arpege's older brother, and Dior's Homme and TF Noir's its contemporaries. The vanilla beautifully envelops the iris and there's good dose of spice to keeps things fresh. Ignore the hype and the scarcity of Arpege PH. It is a beautiful, solid scent at the end of the day and it will make you feel elegant and sophisticated, even if you were running naked in the middle of the street. And that is the beauty of wearing fragrances.
Smell great my friends.

Jim_Jones
Jim_Jones

Just pulled this one out after some months. To be honest, I kind of forgot that I have 2 100ml bottles that I purchased back a couple of years ago. There is a ferocious battle between Vanilla and Iris going on with Pink Pepper refereeing. The Iris is winning but only by a bit.

I personally think this is a top shelf fragrance that projects like an animal and lasts as well. It's sweet, but not too sweet and is smoothed over by a powdery overtone which I am totally digging. If you are into powdery fragrances (i.e. Dior Homme Intense) than definitely give this one a run. Its a bit sweeter than DHI but very close (at least to me) with the abundant presence of Iris.

So, Blind Buy? Eh, No. I don't think this is for everyone.

My Final Scores:

Projection/Sillage: 8.5
Longevity: 9.5
Scent: 8.5

SOvrgn90
SOvrgn90

This didn't work for me - too sweet or something although the lasting time was good. It actually gave me a headache a lot of the time. I got more compliments from JOOP.

Jernê Knowles

Great Olivier Pescheux that presented us with Arpege Pour in its Home version conceituadíssima Lanvin, this house that is synonymous with elegance, refinement and responsibility that aims to bring to market leading his high name. Pescheu is a myth, his creations for Diptyque dispense other comments, beginning with absolute 34 boulevard Saint Germain to intimate dried Vetyverio, delight in its most sublime and bottled form!

Arpege opens strangely amid an aromatic combination means bitter sometimes greenish, but with a shrill spicy footprint that comes to be somewhat of a hassle in the first minutes of application, but that does not give anything to support up to this bizarre combination evolve to your heart that brings the luxurious impressions if your house. Yet I confess I had to it gives opportunity for more than three times in order to understand their circumspect proposal.

In his notes half he becomes half dirty and heavy, I would say an opulent and thick scent referring to the most classic fragrances that Lanvin has launched in perfumístico market, and believe that the combination of jasmine and iris pass the aromatic impression of presence eminent aldehydes fragrance, according to the website of the House does not contain such a note, but I get on the back foot and I suspect that yes there is the presence of the same in it. (Oloko)

Here, at its base it becomes the best fragrance, in my view, because it carries a silkiness that is very peculiar in some perfumes I've used this life, something bright, intense and fresh. I bet the perfect combination of Patchouli, Vanilla and Tonka it to my nostrils, refer to hair smell of Chucky doll, yes, identical to smell that meeting on the basis of softened My Insolcence of Guerlain, without taking nor, however, here in Arpege Pour Homme Lanvin, this smell is improved due to the virility that stands out from beyond the notes of his heart. A perfume fixing between 8 h to 10 h and has considerable projection in the first 4 h after his troubled exit, it goes like a charm!

Pleasing and masculine in an old school way; Arpège is less sweet than it is spicy, leaning towards incense notes, though Lanvin (Olivier Pescheux) still achieved a great synergy of ingredients here. The dry down is not overpowering or cloying, yet it is assertive, lasting and projects well without an ostentatious sillage. An aristocratic powerhouse reminiscent of the classics à la Givenchy Gentleman. Although the composition of Arpège and Gentleman (the original - not the sickly Gentlemen Only version) is different, both exhibit a perfect balance of elements that embodies class and panache.

AZJeff
AZJeff

I bought a bottle on a blind impulse buy at a discount store a few years ago. I got it for a good low price. I tried it back then and didn't like it and then I got rid of it. I only remember that it was sweet, powdery and I think some smokiness to it. Back in that day, I didn't like sweet scents very well, but now I do. So I would need to re-sample this again to see if I really like it.

kanak
kanak

A really really nice one! Arpege starts off with sharp citrus notes although this stage is quite short before the wonderful Iris heart comes through with hints of vanilla and sandalwood poking their heads. This part of the frag is just divine and lasts a long time. Base notes are mostly vanilla and sandalwood with some sweetness from the Tonka. Overall projection is a bit on the mild side but still noticeable within arms length. Like Lanvin's Avante Garde, this is also a frag that shines in close encounters, a great date fragrance. Longevity is about 5-7 hours but I wear this one exclusively for nights out so it might be lasting longer but I am definitely out long before the frag is!! If you like sweet vanilla/iris type frags and can get your hands on a bottle of this discontinued gem, should pick it up for sure. I for one will definitely miss this when my bottle runs out. A good one. 8.5/10

RodyPR
RodyPR

Received it recently and was impressed, it's an awesome fragrance that smells luxurious. For me it's a 9/10 and for the price you should try without hesitation. I bought a 1.7oz bottle just in case I don't like but when finished I'm buying the 3.4oz.

gatsby
gatsby

the liquid is not blue like in this pics, it s sepia. Monster sillage and longevity, niche-quality. Gone forever from Lanvin products line since 2010 due to... poor sales(!) Underrated and underestimated, as many other masterpieces.
Thanks God I have some reserves. Definitely a hugs and kisses thief. 10/10

My husband has it and this is one solid scent, nice mix of aromatic notes, on a smooth bed of sweeter notes, but not unisex in my views...
Lanvin has made and continues to make quality ftagrances...Arpege was worn by lots of french girls when it came out, it is an unforgettable fragrance...the masculine version might not be so catchy, but it is a solid classy yet modern masculine scent..
Nothing in your face, the notes catch each other effortlessly, nothing disharmonious here...a scent you keep going back to..! Because it has something more !!
Pure niceness...I like it a lot on my man!!

Bodda89
Bodda89

You can do noting but love this thing

shinchan
shinchan

I am so sad to know this fragrance is discontinued, fortunately I got one of the last bottles in China.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Arpège pour Homme is an unpretentious scent which I’ve always considered fairly underrated for its value. It is not a masterpiece and not even a “great” scent, but it’s a good, solid mainstream fragrance which would surely fit many perfumistas’ shelves – if they only knew how actually good it is. The genre here is the sweet-powdery-ambery-spicy “metropolitan” and contemporary à la Dior Homme, plus a slight similarity with the equally underrated Jil Sander Man by Wasser & Menardo: here, as in Arpège, there is violet, sandalwood and a soft, polished, synthetic leather note (which I don’t see listed for Arpège, but I clearly smell it). Arpège pour Homme is somehow halfway these two, but spicier, warmer and more Oriental than both, especially in the first stages of its evolution. It opens with sandalwood, violet, spices (comprising also a “juicy” red pepper note), cardamom and tonka, amber, a refreshing yet subtle and silky citrus-bergamot breeze, a woody-balsamic note and a light, mellow and soft leather note. Soft, clean, effortless and “office-safe” elegance, with the right amount of versatile “mainstreamness” but without smelling generic or boring. I used this scent some years ago, right after its release, and I recall it was not a commercial success as I remember buying it for pennies in a mall; once I finished my bottle (which occurred quickly as back then I used mostly 1-2 scents at a time), I did not buy again until now. And now that I smell it again, I realise how distinctive it was, as it did not remind me any other scents – and I surely tried hundreds in the meantime. So, anyway: a bit mainstream, but not dull at all. As I said, the reference may be Dior Homme, not for an actual similarity of notes (well, just a bit), but more for the general inspiration behind this scent; it’s one of those mid-2000s sweet, mellow, soft and slightly feminine scents aimed at a sort of “urban”, thirty-something and office-safe kind of elegance, a bit glossy and trendy too (did we have the term “metrosexual” for this?). Finally, the drydown of Arpège is even better than the first phase, as it’s woodier, smokier, a bit darker and more dry, less “rich” than the opening, still irresistibly powdery and soft. Perfect sillage and solid longevity. Quite unisex too. It’s discontinued but you can still find it for cheap – and my advise would be to grab it, in case.

7,5/10

nero77
nero77

A soft, seductive oriental... why discontinued?

Why discontinue something like this? Arpège pour Homme is a wonderful soft oriental for men that is a mix of tonka bean, iris, pink pepper and vanilla... with touches of jasmine, sandalwood and amber in the base. It's so soft and sexy, I can't see anyone who wouldn't like it!

Right from the beginning I get Mandarin Orange and Pink Pepper... followed by jasmine and settling into iris and tonka bean (a lot of tonka bean), before turning into a sandalwood & vanilla combination. I think it's innovative and unique enough to stand out from many of the male fragrances... it's sexy in an edible, yummy way (like you almost want to eat it)!

When I wear this I think of one thing... smooth Jazz music! Imagine being in a blue-lit underground jazz bar with a smooth, cool sound playing in the background... a little Miles Davis perhaps? There's a guy sitting at his table, enjoying a cocktail with a female friend... the band keeps playing, never too loud. They are enjoying the company, the conversation, the soft mood, the unique atmosphere of the place... and I think this is a fragrance that would create that atmosphere.

Some have said it's similar to Dior Homme... well I would say there is a 60-70% similarity, but this is more "oriental" (it has more tonka bean and vanilla). Also the pink pepper makes a nice touch which wasn't in Dior Homme. The main difference is the leather that was in the Dior which is absent here. I actually find this one more similar to L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme in the "soft oriental" category.

A lovely, pleasurable and non-offensive, seductive fragrance. Why was this discontinued? We may never know. Smooth, soft and sexy. R.I.P. Arpège pour Homme!

KJS88
KJS88

Earlier reviews have more or less nailed this from various perspectives. I'd like to add my story.

APH is one of those fragrances whose DNA you smell in so many others released after it.

There's this gorgeous balance of modern masculinity, sensuality, and control to it that you don't experience very often, it speaks of quality.

The way pink pepper, iris, jasmine, tonka interact here, all very popular accords for the last 8-10 years, and often very overdone or poorly done, is a real treat.

Smelling this today after about 7 years makes me think (while wearing Guerlain l'Homme Ideal) that this is the sort of thing Wasser might've been trying to achieve in marrying the tres-popular boisee-sec skeleton so common now with a plush, floral oriental accord.

Of course, that's not what Wasser was trying to do in reality, but it almost feels like it, and Olivier Pescheux unwittingly anticipated this trend nearly 10 years earlier.

They smell nothing alike, but thats the feel I get smelling this.

I'm quite surprised this was discontinued so quickly, it really is a lovely rendition of the nicer aspects of modern male perfumery trends. Like many other perfumes, I wish this was available in different concentrations and body care products like the old days.

Its a very handsome and versatile fragrance.

chi84
chi84

awesomeeeeee ... long last perfume comparable with dior Fahrenheit 32... unfortunately why why lanvin discontinued this stuff... ???

Plantus
Plantus

My current favorite fragrance, is a such a joy for me to wear it. It is sweet and powdery but way more masculine that DHI or MIP for exemple.

The vanilla is absolutely the most dominant note so keep that in mind. If you hate vanilla stay away of this fragrance.

The iris note is very natural and is not come off smelling like lipstick or makeup. The bitter-sweet citruses and floral notes are always in the background and the spices give a nice and balanced dimension to the fragrance.

The drydown is to die for, so well blended and intoxicating! The lasting power is great, 10-12h and is still projecting(not a lot but still enough to attract some compliments).

The only negative part is the bottle, I find it ugly and cheep, the cap is very lose and light.

Excellent night time fragrance, I will need a bigger bottle, I think this fragrance is the only one from my collection for which I will buy at least one back-up bottle.

For me is a 10/10!

evilspin
evilspin

Replying to some earlier post about the juice' color, yes some of these are a blue tint and others are a taupe tan color. Have not heard as to why or about reformulations. They smell the same and are not flankers that have gone bad. Some of their ads are in the taupe color and some of the other ads are of blue.

hedward
hedward

- Nutmeg iris -

Opening: 0-30min
Starts with a very strong blast of fruity orange, neroli and vanilla. Within 5-10 minutes the pink pepper starts to appear clearing some space for the stunning nutmeg note. Meanwhile, the iris slowly creeps in and carefully softens the composition. The initial blast might be a little confusing and cloying but it certainly doesn't traumatize one like Joop! or Musc Ravageur.

Heart: 30min - 4h
To my nose the nutmeg is the key note in this fragrance - pink pepper is there to support it's spiciness, cold iris creates a powdery and soft contrast to the sharpness and mate tea (not listed in the notes) pairs up with the orange offering a dried fruits-ish aroma. Jasmine is also listed in the notes but I couldn't detect it at all.

The heart is VERY well balanced (some fragrances tend to make sense only after drying down) because the notes support each other perfectly yet letting nutmeg shine through as the main ingredient. Vanilla is there in the backround the whole time assuring that APH stay sweet and yummy.

Drydown: 4-12h>
5-6 hours post applying the iris is still there but it has developed an interesting violet-like quality. Also I can still detect the slightes hint of orange from the very opening providing a slight fruitiness. Pepper, nutmeg and mate have withdrawn by this time and vanilla finally accomplishes it's grand entrance.

Basically the drydown is in the same leage with DHI but trust me APH is much MUCH more masculine. There's a shitload of powdery violet-ish vanilla á la LLAM but the patchouli continues the spicy saga of pepper (top) and nutmeg (heart) which conjure a sweet, soft, elegant and slightly spicy masculine aura. As I've worn APH I've received a great deal of compliments especially during this phase - even from people who usually detest strong and sweet fragrances.

Conclusion
What can I say? APH is classy, sweet yet masculine, very long lasting, monstrous sillage, slightly floral, unique, easily likeable and very versatile. Those are just a few adjectives I can come up with this immense beauty. I've already bought 4 big bottles and I'm just getting started - I've now compared APH with most of the perfume in my collection (and the ones in the store) and by far NONE of the has even the slightest chance when it comes to this baby. It's just so complex and possesses something from every corner of the perfume world. APH satisfies me on so many levels that I'm almost perplexed of not having enough words to describe it's delicacy. There are simply no flaws in this fragrance.

Therefore shall APH receive the long awaited "signature" title. My most humble thanks to Lanvin and Olivier Pescheux.

Roman86
Roman86

Why oh why was this discontinued and nowhere to be found anymore? I had this one a handful of years ago and loved it. It was everywhere to be found at the discounters like Marshalls and T.J. Maxx for dirt cheap but now it has fallen off the face of the earth and none of the online discounters carry this one either. This really is an intoxicating sweet smell and best for the cold weather. I sort of have the smell still stuck in my mind but I wish I still had my bottle right here with me.

johnnyjazz
johnnyjazz

I absolutely hated this the first time I sniffed it two years ago, convinced so many reviewers here were only appreciative of this Lanvin creation because of its relative obscurity and the fact liking it conveyed a certain sophistication on them. Why? I didn't have the range of experience, the nose to fully appreciate and the understanding of how unique this blend truly was within the world of men's fragrances. Iris was still too feminine and shocking for me in this large of a dose, especially when pushed against the prominent vanilla and powdery tonka. After having put my nose on a few hundred creations since and coming back to it today, I now understand what all the hoopla here from some fantastic reviewers like ericrico, kavi and desmondorama was about. Lanvin's Arpege Pour Homme is a very, very ,original, unique wear that Olivier Pescheux didn't play conservatively. He really takes risks with this creation, pushing the envelope and standards of the industry a bit further towards creativity in an era of uninspired, insipid releases selling on designer name recognition more than craftsmanship. (See Polo's Big Pony, Lacoste's L.12.12, most of Gucci's recent creations)
There's a bit of everything here, with the vanilla blasting to the top to balance the iris and pink pepper and the tonka bean blending rather nicely with the nutmeg to get a lightly creamy, Christmassy Egg Nog like fragrance that finds a very professional, moderate balance that doesn't overwhelm or push too aggressively.
This is best kept for cold days and evenings, versatility is rather limited to under 40 degrees Fahrenheit but this works very well as a formal scent from November-March and as intimate evening wear as well. It's warming on winter days and can easily work for you as a casual day scent as well.
Did not illicit a lot of positive reaction from females the times I wore it, so take that into consideration before spraying on a first date or work, as the creamy elements of this do tend to turn off some women looking for more of a masculine scent to define their man. But for experienced noses, this is truly an artistic delight and joy because Pescheux still manages to find a large dose of originality and uniqueness when he trends seem to be going the other direction. Longevity is outstanding at around 8-12 hours and sillage moderately heavy to moderate, depending on 2 or 3 sprays. Be light on the draw with this one, it can overwhelm and lose some of its attractiveness without its subtlety. A great affordable winter oriental woody to own if you are well versed and experienced in men's fragrances. If you aren't, wait awhile and get your nose wet before considering this as it is somewhat difficult to access at first given its complexity.
A wonderful creamy, spicy brew. Overall 8.5

edge42

It's actually a taupe color (brownish grey), but can look bluish in certain photos and reflections, even in person. I have two different size bottles and had my wife check to confirm. Definitely taupe, she works in the design industry and is a color guru.

marioslg3

It s not brown. Is as u see it in the picture

edge42

Absolutely sublime! The buttery smoothness of this scent from top to bottom is hard to describe and totally addicting. But the drydown is mesmerizing, it really surprised me! Damn tragedy this is discontinued, because to me APH is reminiscent of Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense and every bit as good. Or dare I say it, possibly even better. If you can find it, you owe it to yourself to put your nose on Arpege Pour Homme.

Highly recommended!

marioslg3

Reading some reviews, i was expecting a very sweet powdery scent but to my surprise, this is a spicy bomb, especially in the top note. I don't see it as unisex, something mentioned in other reviews, this is a true masculine perfume. it has some bitterness from Givenchy Pi but Pi is much more sweet. Overall a very nice creation. The citrus is slightly there up to the end but only whispering, nothing strong as the pink pepper covers everything from the start. After some minutes, vanilla tonka and some floras start to come up but not in the way of le male or Pi. The pepper and nutmeg keep then down. Iris slightly sweetens the compo but again, this is a pepper vanilla masculine scent. Recommended if you can find it.

My husband wears it a lot. Great creation. Spicy woodsy on some sweet vanilla, liquorish sweet, strong but not so intense that it is bothersome. Longevity is great, it is a masculine scent with tonns of character!!
I like it on him a lot. A modern masculine take on a classy scent.

siddiquewallace
siddiquewallace

IMO ..this was the best lanvin PH out there until the avante garde came out.Arpege has this rare oriental spicy scent that lingers all day depending on who is using it ie.body chemistry and number of sprays etc

People would keep on asking u what u wearing all day

Neva mind its cheap looking bottle anywayzzz..lol

Kain
Kain

Let's dive right into it.
The opening of this fragrance is a warm and sweet scent mixed with peppery aroma and slightly smokiness.
The vanilla here has almost a boozy smell at the start but this boozy scent faded away really quick.
As time goes by the scent become sweeter and darker and beautiful iris note gave it a little powdery feeling.
The powdery feeling is not as strong as Dior Homme or even Dior Homme Intense for example, but it's there and you can feel it.
I think I'm the first one who mention this, but I can detect leather note in this fragrance!
The Tonka Bean note can give the scent almost a smoky aroma but smoky scent that I take in the dry down and specially base of this fragrance is way much more than that!
So I would say there is leather note in this fragrance that give the sweet and slightly powdery scent of this fragrance a very good masculine aroma.
All and All, it's a very charming and attractive fragrance and if you do enjoy these type of fragrances you will never regret buying it.
Projection is very good and longevity s above average.
I like it.
یه عطر خیلی خوب و خوشبو که انتخاب خیلی خوبیه برای فصول سرد سال
رایحه اولیه این عطر بوی شیرین، مقداری فلفلی و کمی تلخ و دودی هست که اولش یه حس الکلی مانندی داره
بوش گرم و شیرینه ولی نه خیلی زیاد که دل آدمو بزنه
در ادامه بوی فلفل محو میشه و رایحه های شیرین کمی قویتر و رایحه گل زنبق یه حس ملایم پودری به عطر میده
اگه عطر دیور اوم یا دیور اوم اینتنسُ تست کرده باشین این رایحه پودری گل زنبق براتون آشناست ولی رایحه پودری این عطر به قدرت دیور ها نیست
در رایحه میانی بوی تلخ و دودی عطر قویتر میشه که باعث میشه رایحه شیرین و مقداری پودری عطر حس خیلی مردانه تری پیدا کنه
در حالی که تو رایحه های این عطر اسمی از چرم برده نشده من جسارت میکنم و اعتقاد دارم که تو این عطر چرم هم به کار رفته
دانه های تانکا میتونن حسی شیرین و کمی تلخ به رایحه عطر بدن اما تلخی و دودی این عطر بیش از حد توان و قدرت دانه های تانکا هست و به همین خاطر من معتقدم چرم هم در این عطر به کار رفته
پخش بوی خیلی خوب و ماندگاری متوسط به بالایی داره
بوی خیلی خوب و جذاب و تحریک کننده ای داره و برای مهمانیها و مجالسی که مختلط هستن انتخاب خیلی خوبیه
در کل از بوش خوشم اومد

Let's dive right into it.
Projection is very good and longevity s above average.
I like it.
یه عطر خیلی خوب و خوشبو که انتخاب خیلی خوبیه برای فصول سرد سال
بوش گرم و شیرینه ولی نه خیلی زیاد که دل آدمو بزنه
پخش بوی خیلی خوب و ماندگاری متوسط به بالایی داره
در کل از بوش خوشم اومد

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

The first time I sprayed this cologne on my skin I knew that it was a excellent frag. It opens with a balmy/powdery...a very sweet scent. This frag also carries through as a fresh spicy scent which comes off as a warm tone.
The aroma first few notes that I pick is Neroli, pink pepper and a touch of bitter orange (citrus) smell really deep after it settles,. The base notes of Sandalwood, woodsy scent and Vanilla with just a touch of patchouli and Tonka beans adds to the warm tone.
This fragrance is one of Lanvin's best men's colognes.
It is a classic fall/winter fragrance which could used both during the daytime and evening. This cologne is up there with Guerlain pour Homme and Encre Noire Lalique . All three absolutely ROCK!!!!

IT'S A TOTAL SHAME its disco, when I wear it I'm always getting compliments mostly from women and they ask me what I'm wearing cause they want to buy it for their husband or boyfriend. Sadly I have to tell them that it is hard to find, maybe one day Lavin will re-launch this cologne because of demand out there.
Overall, I consider this one of my favorite fall/winter frag which I can depend on it and I never get bored of the aroma .
Longevity is SUPERB !!!! well past 8 hours
Sillage is also as excellent beyond my expectation's
Arpege Pour Homme NUMERO UNO in my book without a DOUBT !!!!!!!.

pronose
pronose

a very unique scent by lanvin! why lanvin stopped this rare gem???? truly unique and stunning! bring it back pls.
why lanvin stopped the production???? are they nuts?

Green Irish Tweed fans would really enjoy Arpege Homme.
It's an iris bomb whose powder factor is enhanced with tonka and sandalwood. In a few minutes the bitter orange and neroli pop up and keep it from being too floral. Sweet for a male fragrance, but not on the level of Le Male etc.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Smelled on a paper strip: At first sniff it seems too floral and too powdery for me. But perhaps I need to try this on skin someday.

UGLY bottle!

Mr. CG White
Mr. CG White

I've been craving and sampling Iris like a mad man I've tried Heely Iris Nuit, Iris Odori,Carner Barcelona D600,Esprit de Fleurs By Frapin and Blanc Voilette By Histoires de Parfums. Arpege competes with them all and wins by unanimous decision and even knocks a few out in the first round. This is a top notch fragrance in my book!

tacoataco
tacoataco

the best
when i see it in a sale i buy because i love this one
sadly only in internet & with a price one can´t tell because will be arrested :)

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

As with many men fragrances this starts off with a blast of generic citrus...and then the dance begins!!!!!

Lets start by ending. If you don't like Iris avoid, if you don't like vanilla avoid if you don't like, if you don't like sweet powdery avoid (sweet dior homme)

This is a spicy/powdery/vanilla sweet fragrance. It isn't baby powder, it is the make up powdery very kin to what you find in Dior Homme. The Iris floral note in here is big, loud and agressive. It never really leaves the fragrance and I am starting to learn something about this note. Every fragrane Iris touches it dominates. It is a "life of the party" note much like vanilla and you can't escape it and you definitely won't in this fragrance.

Okay upon initial spray you are met with citrus. Then it is gone. The citrus plays like three rim shots to cue the band. After that here comes the pink pepper---->Vanilla------->IRIS! Everything else is like backup singers to Dixie Chicks! You know who runs this band, you know who collects the check and you know that even in the best group...there is always one dominate soloist. That soloist is the Iris floral.

There isn't a buch of transition in the fragrance, those notes just play off of one another, with the Iris singing the loudest in the mic. Even when the others have a lead in the song you still hear the boistreous Iris.

This is a great signature scent for the fall and winter. It is a great first date scent, it is a great close proximity scent (even if you happen to go one spray too many) due to its pleasant and mature aroma.

My great compliment with this one was the other day someone said "you smell frisky this morning". It has the ability to turn heads and be sexy without ever using its signatue/professional/mature edge.

I don't put age on fragrances but I would call it mature. I wouldn't see this at a normal night club but definitely good for dancing at a mature jazz club or more sychronized dance type of environment. This is just one of those great fragrances that stand out and the price makes this a no-brainer. The sweetness provides a sexy vibe while the iris and spice a mature.

Longevity is 8 or more @ 6 it moves in a bit closer
Projection is great for the firs 5-6 hours
Versatility is great again not a warm weather frag
Signature ready

4 out of 5 easily especially at the going rate.

ROLDAN
ROLDAN

Look around. It's a huge quantity of boring / ordinary/ unstable colognes out there on the market... Why this Gem is discontinued?!,,, Such a great & unique scent. I just can't get enough of this masterpiece. I always get lot of compliments then I wear it. Bring it back ,Please!

Fimafeng
Fimafeng

Please tell me of the resemblance to vintage eau de Arpege homme anyone....

tujiang
tujiang

兰文的光韵:木质花香调 前调:红花椒、甜橙、苦橙 中调:鸢尾花、茉莉花、马黛、豆蔻 基调:珍木、顿加豆、柏木 很好闻,留香时间也不错。(喜欢)

leecher88
leecher88

its very similar to Pi but much more woody, which i dont like

And in my opinion Pi is better because its creamy yummy sweet!!

i gave it away

RAG1987
RAG1987

Long lasting addictive smell, one of the best in my collection.... sadly discontinued GRRRRRRR!

kida2010
kida2010

Beautiful scent, powder, sweet, iris, anise, vanilla.
Lasts ages smells great on my partner, if sweet scents arent your thing.
Winter scent, cuts through the cold air like anything, nice alternative to woody scents.

kavi
kavi

I got a sample of this a few weeks back and after wearing this for over 15 days, I'm considering this to be in my top 10 (possibly top 5) (out of many, many fragrances sampled and own/owned).

This is one of those special fragrances which, on my skin, I can smell so clearly and distinctly the transformation from the opening, the heart and finally to the base (drydown). The notes pyramid are so spot on I feel like I need to give an award to that person! :)

The Opening: Bitter oranges, mandarin peel and this dirty neroli note (I think the pink pepper gives it this maturity vibe). I DO NOT like this opening, but for me it goes away in 20 mins, then comes my favourite part - the rest of it!

The Heart: Very well blended Iris (giving it that lipsticky vibe, this is WAAAY smoother/less pronounced than Dior Homme Intense) and there you get the first hints of smooth Vanilla (this is like the smell coming from the lid of a vanilla pod container) and very little jasmine and nutmeg (not sure about nutmeg, its less pronounced). Lasts for 4 hrs on my skin (almost every time) and projects good (not excellent though)

The Base: TO DIE FOR! Tonka Bean and Vanilla held together with a very slight note of Patchouli. Damn! Lasts for about 5 hours and becomes less projecting but this is ok, it is mine to enjoy!

GMano07
GMano07

I have this and like it, but there is nothing better than the original 1965 lanvin for men. I have 2 bottles of it and love the fragrance . I wish they would bring it back

Jackfusion
Jackfusion

This was an exchange and the other was already haunted my wishlist. I wanted to meet some perfume Lanvin's night, this is the first, then I'll take the Avan Garde. Arpege begins with the note that Iris quite like, but this note is well balanced with vanilla and pink pepper, then do not feel well the smell of makeup that appears in Dior Homme and Shalimar Initiar. Passing about 5 to 10 minutes start to feel the note of jasmine along with sandalwood, also arise gradually notes Neroli orange and vanilla together. It is a good perfume. Openness is the best time, since the dry down found only fair. At Givenchy Pi vibe think the most interesting.

Scent: 8/10 (the opening)
Projection: 7/10
Fixing: 7/10 (about 7 hours)
Age to use it: +20 years
Versatility: 6/10 (suitable for cold days and nights).

fulger.vraja
fulger.vraja

When you have a business meeting, never anything else but Arpege Pour Homme. That I can be said about this fragrance.

MrMookie
MrMookie

What can i say? I totally hook up on the review of my dear friend EricRico!
A truly great soft'n silky sophisticated scent for the romantic moments in your life.
I find it very well balanced and the vanilla is amazingly well blended with the iris and tonka!!

I feel cozy when i wear arpege pH and i think this is S3X in a bottle! while wearing this at night time you cannot believe the positive comments you get from women and sometimes a look is enough to see they sniff their noses to your direction.

As Givenchy Pi and Versace Dreamer are OVER-rated (they are good in a way but..)
Lanvin Arpege pour Homme is very,very UNDER-rated.

The black circle in the bottle design is truly minimalistic avant garde together with the plastic cap.
My best pour homme Lanvin till date!
please keep this scent in production

Just wanna make a quick comment here. After years of absence, I decided to revisit and wear it again. For some odd reason, today I can only smell a sweet powdery vanilla and really really heady patchouli. I wonder why or what has changed because this is not how I remember it.

sameel
sameel

hot hot and hot!

iconoclast
iconoclast

I too had an inescapable reminder of Boss Soul when I first smelt this, although APH is far more natural smelling. But unlike Boss Soul, I would say APH is far too sweet and effeminate for most men. In fact the overwhelming vanilla tells me that its natural home is in an ice cream cone. Quite a dressy fragrance best suited to evening-wear, dating and/or clubbing, but not really my cup of tea. However I can understand why it might appeal to some men or women who covet this type of intense spicy sweetness because they think it’s flirtatious, and already cherish Givenchy Pi.

(Rubbish loosely fitting cap by the way)

palzzu
palzzu

i love when the very first time i smelled it in airport so i brought it back. girl friend around love it but guy not. got once i try to use it at night before jump into the bed and that night i can't really sleep well because the strong vanilla really make me dizzy. anyhow i'm still in love with my arpege just don't spay more then 2 spot! otherwise i will feel dizzy and choke again.

stayclose
stayclose

This stuff is super sweet.can smell alot like a womens scent. Does have a note in therr which sets iy apart. So I might give it to my girl friend. Thumbs down for me.
3.28.12

ericrico
ericrico

Olivier Pescheux has created a gem with this offering! The opening is a wonderful combination (to my nose) of fresh-ground pink pepper, nice neroli (personally, I don't think too much), fresh-squeezed mandarin orange juice with some of the orange rind. Awesome!

I absolutely love the top notes here - fantastic, masculine and rich but segueing into a powdery iris within a few minutes on the skin (this is a very particular scent in "where" you spray it.) I love Iris as a note and it blends beautifully with the Jasmine here - along with a dusting of nutmeg (but thankfully, not too much) or we would be heading towards a gourmand.

The excellent vanilla, sandalwood and tonka bean drydown is a bit dusty (but another key note, patchouli, sharpens the finish - kudos to the brilliance of the perfumier...again, lifting and 'focusing' the scent). I, personally, don't feel this is uber-masculine throughout its development, and I could see this as borderline unisex at certain times (most notably, the powdery iris/floral middle) - but as an overall scent, it is firmly masculine for the full wearing. This bottle exudes class, sophistication and quality!

Here is the key, going back to "where" to apply this. The top note of pink pepper fades pretty quickly on my skin. I actually loved it so much and, poof, it was gone in 10-15 minutes. So, leaving the 3 full sprays rubbed together on my inner wrists (now resonating the beautiful iris and jasmine dusted in nutmeg), I reapplied 2 full sprays to my shirt and...BAM - pink pepper that will stay with the neroli/orange notes for a while (still going at 45 minutes and should be there on clothes for a good couple of hours (much slower evolution in scent, for those of us who love to get the top and middle notes longer). One key, too, is that it does not turn nearly as powdery on my shirt, but you still get the nice iris/jasmine heart. The vanilla is there with the sandalwood, but the patchouli actually holds its own even more on fabric. When wearing this, I will probably apply at least 3 full sprays to my shirt, jacket, etc. to get the effect that Lanvin Arpege gave me today. It also lengthens longevity, as we all know, but it is retaining the notes that is key for me...

I am extremely happy with this bottle of fragrance - Lanvin Arpege Pour Homme is very chic and, in my opinion, rather unique. It has similarities, but the pepper/iris accord along with the green patchouli mixed into the vanillic base makes this truly stand-out! My final score: 8.5+/10 and a strong recommendation! I also want to mention that I bought the 100ml EDT gift set with a 150ml all-over body shampoo and a 150ml after shave balm - for those of you who love this fragrance...get the full experience from shower to shave to the wonderful fragrance!

[email protected]
chrismriley@hotmail.com

An unusual powder perfume, unisex, lovely, with good lasting power and very subtle projection..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0- 3.5 hours - 5 inch projection of a very subtle, powdery, moorish fragrance. This could be used in aromatherapy to calm the nervous! It is like a youthful talcum powder style perfume, which is so faint but lingers, and so those who like their projection to be subtle should love this one. Not your main stream frag; it is chic, debonair, cutely posh, metro sexual and unisex. Ages 24-38

3.5 hours - 6 hours - 2 inch projection. Lovely

6-14 hours. Close to skin but still there and still divine

It could have been an EDP, and would suit the Oxford, Harvard Graduate and those who like to be different.

Intelligently done, affordable, very cool and very good. A great blind buy and a wonderful experience to wear it

Quality

Fyl
Fyl

The most understated of WMDs. The most effeminate straight-masculine fragrance out there. Extreme staying power - expect a hint of drydown after not wearing a seasonal jacket for almost a year.

Nighttime, winter, business casual dress, sophisticated/flirty demeanour. VEEEERY relaxed. Old world upper class. Very dominant yet utterly unaggressive.

Definitely not for Jaegermeister/Coors/Zinfandel drinkers. Your beverage of choice is something to the tune of a DOCG Soave.

PS Women will line up to profess to hate it, in long monologues punctuated by constant entirely unaccidental physical contact and damn near snorting your lapels. Expect sudden infatuations and the occasional unexpected affair.

necromancer
necromancer

Smooth vanilla with a touch of the finest herbs. The drydown is something out of this world. Perfect for any age and season, but better suitable for winter. Great price for an awesome fragrance; go and get it!

oxm
oxm

Arpege by Lanvin is a very warm scent, reminiscent of Givenchy Pi or Terre D'Hermes, not to mention a replay of 1995 pour homme, fragrances, which have the peculiarity of giving shape to dreams.
Arpege keep up the good name of the brand with this scent, heat, spice, freshness and infinite caress of vanilla, I'm not good at describing scents and this more than any other I'm in trouble, almost as a move to respond to the most skilled chess master, but perhaps in the art of perfume has more heart in the brain, and this fragrance comes in concept from the bottom of the heart, dispensing good cheer and a state of grace ...
Thanks Lanvin ...

philchdwck
philchdwck

Amazing. Got this as a blind buy ridiculously cheap purely based on reviews and the lanvin heritage and wanting a classic man's fragrance. Given how long the original Arpege for women had been around I thought why not. My girlfriend loves the way it smells me. Work colleagues also seem to like this wiih a few asking where they could get it for their husbands etc. It lasts all day with only a small application. It is sweet smelling but has the ability to announce your presence without being overpowering or sickly. An absolute classic winter smell I'm in my third winter of this. And for the price you can get this for coupled with the fact that so few other people will be wearing this its a must.

johngreenink
johngreenink

It's very high in the iris/powder area - rather light and sweet. It's very much on the line between masculine and feminine, this scent. I think it's a very attractive opening, but the dry down is a warm floral that's not really suited for me. On my skin, it becomes very sweet and the iris begins to smell more like blueberries or apples. I think this would be a great scent for women, and really should be marketed that way (unless the ladies would like to keep this as their secret.)

If you like good quality powder/dry floral, this perfume is for you, definitely.

jcastano
jcastano

When I first purchased this, I was so impressed! It had a beautiful blend of iris, nutmeg, vanilla, and citrus notes. I bought a 1 oz bottle fairly cheap and was so excited and proud of my purchase. I even wore it that night! It seemed to work in the cold weather very well but that was my initial impression. Overtime, as I wore it, it just had a note in there that turned sour on me, something I never really noticed until repeated use. It turned into the smell of pecans on my skin, but not just any pecans, the rotten ones that turn black and end up tasting grimey. I thought my bottle had gone bad so I sprayed it on some Kleenex and nope, it was wonderful! I sprayed it on my brother in law and it was even more heavenly!

It's too bad this fragrance didn't work on my skin. It's sexy, mysterious, sensual, warm, inviting, and everything else in between. Projection is perfect and longevity is decent, especially for the price. Although this fragrance didn't work on my skin, I still feel the need to praise it. It's a wonderful fragrance if it transitions correctly on the right person but unfortunately for me, I wasn't so lucky.

Arpege Pour Homme doesn't fit exactly my taste in fragrances but despite that, it smells quite good. If you're into sweet woody-spicy fragrances, APH could be a valid option. Refined and classy but not too sophisticated. It opens with a considerable woody note, citruses and some sweetness. Sandalwood is immediately detectable and add a sort of woody-freshness juxtaposed to the rest. The best part is yet to come. The drydown. A well balanced blend of tonka beans and vanilla with patchouli undertones. Quite a powerful fragrance with an incredible lasting power.

While APH is a cult-fragrance for many, I still believe there are better options out there (i.e. a bunch of Guerlains).

tonco17
tonco17

This was a love at first smell :D
I absolutely adore this perfume, it is a rich spicy vanilla oriental with strong woods which prevent it from being cloying. Very extravagant, I would say. IF you like masculine vanilla scents, this is a must.

mehrdad

بصورت دائم مصرف نشود بهتر است
مردانه

Senzadite
Senzadite

I think this fragrance is somewhat related to Dior homme, but honestly this is way better...while Dior homme lacks longevity, this one stands out for HOURS and you get so many complimments and good comments (at least i do) powdery and warm delivers an aura of mistery and class.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

Top notes are little heavy and give me a headache.
A great classy fragrance that i can see it a special formal occasion.
Not suitable for every day work scent.
Longevity and projection are good.

Lotofire
Lotofire

YES IS POWDERY BUT IN AN ELEGANT WAY...I SENSE SOME IRIS HERE PRETTY SIMILAR TO THE ONE THAT I FIND IN DIOR HOMME, I OWN LOLITA LEMPICKA AU MASCULIN AND THERE IS NOTHING SIMILAR BETWEEN THE TWO...THIS IS CLOSER TO DIOR HOMME; THE ELEGANCE IS UNDENIABLE, THE UNIQUENESS OF THIS MASTERPIECE STANDS AGAINST ALL THE SUPOSSED MODERNITY OF THE NEW FRAGRANCES.

leogeee
leogeee

This is my standard frag. Once in a while I go for Lolita Lempicka au Masculin which tips the scales with anise and licorice. Arpege pour homme is truly a balanced blend. The Mandarin and Vanilla give it another dimension. It's where I go when I go home.

ReinaT
ReinaT

I looooove it! I love the smell of it on my guy! Warm and cozy and sexy! Definitely makes me want to put my face on the man's neck who is wearing it. Another great classic scent from these legendary French perfumers.

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

Under-rated scent that is not very well known. I have seen this as cheap as £7.99 for 50ml in the UK which is crazy because this really is niche quality. It is soft and sweet smelling and very self-assured in its masculine elegance.
I find it works best on a cold grey winters day as the summer seems to mess with the structure of the scent.

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

I'm still trying to find the main differences between Arpège pour Homme and Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin.

Arpège opens with the citrus notes but soon moves to its middle floral notes, with tons of vanilla and tonka bean. It also gets a little bit powdery thanks to the iris.

It seems to be pretty long lasting and it's a nice alternative if you finished your bottle of Au Masculin and want to replace it for another similar fragrance.

alaaddin777
alaaddin777

it smells like Mauboussin Homme's drydown.longlasting and contagious

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

I can place Arpege and Burberry Brit on the same pedestal, but Brit has that edge and finishing touch. They both initially dry down to a spicy baby powder for men. For me, its pleasant.

guest_MIles G
guest_MIles G

One of my work-colleagues asked at a meeting "who smells like a hooker from the lower-east side?". Apparently it was me, wearing Arpege Homme. It's certainly very powdery and sweet. In fact, I think it's a little too sweet for a male fragrance. To qualify that, I'm going to admit that I am a huge fan of Jaipur Homme, and have several versions of it, but the sweetness of Arpege Homme is more a light, fluffy cotton-candy sweetness than the dark, spicy sweetness of Jaipur Homme(particularly the EDP).
I'l wear it, but only in small doses, and only in the evening, and only in winter.

blueberry
blueberry

What a comforting, warm and easy to wear sweet oriental! Absolutely wearable for women, it is inoffensive and cozy. The vanilla is very delicate and not cloying, and bitter orange makes this fragrance refreshing at the same time, so this is not as enveloping and comforting as Givenchy Pi- in fact, I do not notice any similarities between the two, except for the presence of vanilla.
I agree it is nothing unique, but still a very nice and well-balanced composition. I wear it to office and it makes me feel divine, a good mood guaranteed! It works also fine on summer nights and on my man as well.
Good longevity.

redeemer
redeemer

Very classy bottle and very classy smell. At the begining it's spicy citrus an peper, later on it develops in to smooth, warm vanilla-tonka scent. Silage and longivity is quite good.

denmaz
denmaz

This is warm n sweet. Really good for formal use at night. Medium sillage, not offensive i guess. Eventhough i don't like vanilla smell, this one is mild so it's not cloying for me.

ausamamira
ausamamira

i dont usually appreciate strong spicy fragrances and they are not for me ... but Arpege is another story .... the tuned down spicy peppery smell that accompanies the sweetnes reduces the cloying effect of Arpege. it still cloying to me indeed, but applying it sparingly specially on clothes make it a great perfume that i dont mind wearing from time to time ...

jazz444
jazz444

My favorite masculine, bar none. Delicious, complex, and has a lovely sillage. Staying power is fantastic: 12 hours on my skin. The iris and tonka really stand out here, though they mesh so well with all the other notes. I love the understated packaging and bottle, too.

Prepare for compliments. One lady colleague loves it so much on me that she now wears it herself!

I will wear this scent for the rest of my life.

tyson-fox2931
tyson-fox2931

My big brother (knowing me to be a BIG perfume lover) bought me this for X-Mas. I wasn't very fusssed about it thinking 'Hmmm... pour homme' (as i hate mens perfumes) but after spraying it, I loved it. Its has that femmeninity to it.and so that makes it one of my faves!

BIG
BIG

when i tried it for the first time, the drydown was this bitter woody patchouli.

When i applied for the 2nd time, it was totally different: warm woody notes with some vanilla in the background. TERRIFIC !!!

sharp bitter citruses scent,mixed with some warm notes is how this fragrance starts.
it's somehow similar to so many other colognes for men,on the other hand yet,it has something new to offer.
personally I admire the middle notes more than the first impression where it becomes milder,even maybe a bit floral,but still distinct and bitter.I even smell something like pineapple,fresh % fruity which is not bad.
I think this is a good one for both office and intimate use,but I should confess that there's something wrong about it for my nose.it can simply get too much for me.so it's not suitable for everyday use.
boring bottle!

VanAllan
VanAllan

I really don't know how to classify this one: on one hand it has a good spicy-oriental start (maybe too much neroli...'knights' has right), and, on the other hand, after half an hour it becomes too sweet, too powdery reminding me of original Pi, Le Male and Boss Soul all together and it pretty much stays like this a long time. It's not a bad combination of notes(even not too original) neither a feminine type of smell, but something in it is simply too much for me. I suggest a better flowery middle notes combination in Zino or Dreamer (which are two of my all time favorites, especially now in winter). ☣☣

instantjim
instantjim

I am in a quandary... I bought this fragrance and love it. Initially my wife expressed her liking for it, but it was not long before she started to express revulsion. She says it is just too strong and is like some chemical cleaner.

I, on the other hand, really admire the sweet, peppery, spicy opening to this one - it is really distinctive. It is much more potent than fragrances I have with similar ingredients (say for instance Xeryus Rouge)and retains its strength unchanged for much longer.

More than any other fragrance I have tried so far, this one can be smelled by others when I have got used to it. My wife was telling me she could smell it long after I could no longer smell it.

So I tested her. I put one small spray on a sock and left it in the bedroom, "You've been spraying that stinky stuff again" was the immediate response, when my wife entered the room. Rats!

The patchouli and wood support the pepper and spice and mean that it is warm (actually hot would be a better description) and robust for most of its life. I would like to give a better review, but unless I build a concrete bunker in my backyard where I can wear this, I won't be applying this again anytime soon. Pity. I bought two bottles.

desmondorama
desmondorama

I just tried this very much under-rated fragrance today (after all these years) and I cannot believe I didn't buy it so long ago!

I bought a bottle inexpensively online as a 'tester' as I don't usually get the full impact from a spritz at a department store nor pharmacy stand and although I'd tried it before, I just didn't feel pressed enough to buy it; but what a fool I've been!

This is an elegantly packaged fragrance, a beautiful and simple bottle design which I read was designed with the House of Lanvin and it's heritage in mind and based on the original 'Arpege' bottle legacy. I know that some reviewers dislike the design, but it really is quite unique.

The perfume is deliciously warm and sensual with a great lasting strength and sillage that completely impressed my olfactory senses .....

Very much an Oriental, it reminds me of the potency of JOOP! Homme, A*MEN, BalMan and the original KOUROS, but without the high concentration of these sweetly masculine fragrances.

It's sophisticated, hyper sexy and a good fragrance to wear when you want to impress those around you and make an entrance. You'll be remembered for it!

Great to wear on a date, a formal occasion, an intimate encounter,lightly for the office, etc; but definitely not what I'd consider a casual scent.

I will buy this fragrance again, as I've worn it for more that 4 hours now and it still smells like I've just applied it not long ago.

A high 'thumbs up' and don't hold the stops. Serious parfumistos, do yourself a favour and get a bottle as soon as you see it, you won't regret buying it for your collection!

Cassiano
Cassiano

Orange, Mandarin, Pink pepper, Nutmeg, Jasmin, Patchouli and Vanilla: they are responsible for this bomb!

Arpège is so well blended that is, at the same time: elegant, sexy, refined, different, sweet, warm and unique!

Sometimes, I feel a little bit of "Boss Soul" in it. But is just a little moment and then, I feel the other notes and combinations of its evolution.

This scent has just one problem, in my oppinion: its bottle! It is difficult to hold it and spray and I can’t see beauty on it.

But the most important is the pleasure of wearing it. The bottle is just a piece of glass made to be inside of my wardrobe.

vdxl
vdxl

A very nice timeless cologne that may combine other known scents: Pi, Le Male, He Wood. To me it is very original, perfectly balanced, like a "Chanel No 5" for men if you know what I mean. I detect vanilla-tonka beans combo, violet, a soft woody note( sandalwood with maybe a little cedarwood ). Extremely sophisticated, very uncommon, special and available at great prices on the Internet.

ahmed ehab
ahmed ehab

ok ,as much as this hurts but i bought the perfume first and it smelled soooo good and attractive but then all of a sudden it started to give me a headache and made me sick so......... smell it for a couple of times before thinking of buying it .

junior halston
junior halston

This is a beautiful complement to the classic Lanvin Aprege for women. The notes and the subtle powdery of them give it a feeling of a fragrance composition that was formulated years ago.

A very aromatic baroque style scent for a debonair male - that now women can say "Promise him any thing but give him Arpege"

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

I love this one - full, rich, and sexy. A sleeper that deserves more attention. It's sweet, but not candy-ish. Neroli is one of my favorite notes, and it's done very well here. A must try if you like sweet orientals!

knightz
knightz

I normally like a little Neroli in a scent, it can add a variety of different nuances, but there is a bit too much in the start of Arpege pour Homme. Neroli oil. In 5 minutes the Neroli has calmed down enough for me to really start to like it.

As the Neroli tames down slightly there is a Peppery, rich Orange note with Nutmeg. The Pepper makes the Orange a little bitter. Coming up from the heart is a welcome Jasmine note, not too strong, it's floral scent cuts right through the darker opening notes. A light powdery feel develops, as the Jasmine note comes through, and it leads right into an Iris heart note. The Iris in Arpege reminds me, a little, of the Iris note in Dior Homme Intense, but it's not as refined as Dior's. Arpege features a powdery Iris note, but doesn't focus on it.

Some light sweetness comes up from the base while the Jasmine-Iris is in play and added is a Vanilla, Tonka, Sandalwood accord. Light Patchouli makes the sweetness sharper, but it's not too sweet.

After the first 5 minutes I enjoy Arpege pour Homme very much. It's a darker scent to me, and I consider it to be a sexy scent. I like it more each time I wear it. Good sillage and longevity.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

I bought a 50ml EDT bottle and was a little dissapointed. The orange is coming through in the fragrance but it also smells rubbery like new tennis balls kind of smell on me. On my dad it smells different so I gave the scent to him.

dunatko
dunatko

its nice - more classical fragrance for men but vannila there is too sweeet:-) hmm.. cant find here site with Lanvin L´Homme - its more classic than this one but i think its a bit better :-)

lolita82
lolita82

HEY ESTER I FULLY AGREE...omg my collegue wears it and i nearly get a stroke every morning! I'm management and do my best 2 look the part but when i smell this i have this look on my face which says here comes little miss trouble...i'm getting this 4 my husband this xmas!

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Nice and pleasant, though not particularly original.

Bought a mini of it for my husband and he could take or leave it, but I find I like the scent of this one on myself.

Smells like lime and lavendar for the bulk of its life. I do enjoy the sweet base notes but by the time they make their presence known, the scent has lost all intensity and couldn't be smelled by anyone unless they were well within my personal space. Ahem.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

Tried it once. Its vanilla is very similar. I smell this kind of vanilla from so many scents out there. By the way,Arpege has its own very ugly bottle.

lollynut
lollynut

Good scent.
Sweet and warm.
When I spray, i'd like to scream!!!

afraafra
afraafra

beautiful very similar to Givenchy Pi, only better!