Designers » L » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

My Sin Lanvin for women

My Sin Lanvin for women
dislike

aldehydic
My Sin Lanvin for women Pictures My Sin Lanvin for women Pictures My Sin Lanvin for women Pictures My Sin Lanvin for women Pictures My Sin Lanvin for women Pictures My Sin Lanvin for women Pictures My Sin Lanvin for women Pictures My Sin Lanvin for women Pictures

Lanvin My Sin (Mon Peche) was created back in 1924 by a mysterious Russian lady called “Madame Zed”, who worked on several more Lanvin fragrances.

This feminine, provocative and dangerously seductive fragrant composition begins with aldehydes, bergamot, lemon, clary sage and neroli. The middle notes are: ylang-ylang, jasmine, rose, clove, orris, lily-of-the-valley, narcissus and lilac. The base is oriental – woody with vetiver, vanilla, musk, woody notes, tolu balm, styrax and civet. The perfume was discontinued in 1988, but it is still available on line.

My Sin is available as EDP as well as EDT.

Neroli Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Clary Sage Aldehydes

Jasmine Narcissus Ylang-Ylang Clove Orris Root Rose Lily-of-the-Valley Lilac

vetyver Musk Styrax Tolu Balsam Vanille Woodsy Notes Civetta

My Sin Fragrance Reviews

Jacquelyn1
Jacquelyn1

My aunt used to wear this constantly years and years ago. I received a bottle of it from her back then. I loved it so much. Very 'incense-y' and wonderful. Almost spell binding. I always pictured it to be like something Cleopatra would have worn...
Divine fragrance and I would love nothing more than to find a decant of this!

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

I purchased a decant from the Perfumed Court and although it's OK, it's just a bit too Arpege-ish, and not something out of left field which I was expecting. Early on, I detect a disconcerting hint of napthalene (moth balls), but thankfully, it's fleeting. Excellent longevity but I'm so glad I didn't buy the full bottle on eBay that I've seen lurking there. Thanks but no thanks, Arpege is more appealing.

mabelcruet
mabelcruet

Oh my! This is Marlene Dietrich in perfume form. I got hold of a half-used vintage bottle (the design looks like a 1960s style or maybe earlier), and I think the top notes must have changed slightly. I don't get any neroli or citrus, but I get a lovely powdery incense with musk. The longevity is long and drawn out with beautifully smooth sandalwood and spice. Its exotic, its erotic, its seductive and its far too full on to wear at work! This is something to wear accompanied by silk or satin in the company of someone you want to tempt into coming closer. A gorgeous, classic, vintage beauty.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

I am so lucky I got a decant of this. This is a lovely cool weather musky floral. It screams old school in a good way. Unisex in my opinion. The aldehydes are turned up to the max while all the flowers blend perfectly with the musk to add depth and character.Perfect for a chilly autumn/winter day! I have had it on for 6 hours and it's going strong as if I had put it on 10 mins ago. Not for the faint of heart or the celeb lovers..

relle
relle

To me more woody than aldehyde with undiscernable musk. The blend of the sage with the lilac, neroli and ylang-ylang comes off as classy yet intriguing, in a sexy way. This is a review of the edc, (you know it's vintage if it's edc), from an estate, not ebay. For me it's worn on misty, sweater days, but it could work multi-seasonally. On me it's a skin scent with great longevity. With all these reasons I don't know why I don't use it often. It may have to do something with my s.o.'s preference towards spicier scents. For that reason, I'd consider swap offers, but if swapped I'll probably kick myself for letting this one slip away.

krmarich
krmarich

This is one of my "most wanted" since I first found out about My Sin in 2009. I finally found a bottle for a reasonable price. The big, hefty bottle is from Lanvin-Charles of the Ritz. I assume its from the 1960s.

Wow, this is beyond my expectations. My first impression was "I have smelled this before". Indeed, its character is from a bygone era. At first I was reminded of some lost Guerlain. Perhaps Djedi or Lui. Then it takes its own direction, like Arpege. This house, Lanvin must have scared the competition in the 1920s. My Sin is original and avant gard, especially by todays politically correct standards. She is a classic beauty, draped in diamonds and pearls. She listens to Jazz, drinks gin and forgets when its time to go home.

It opens with a blast of aldehydes and the civet is quite obvious at first. They settle down quickly and the clean soapy floral notes shine through that is impossible to pick out. The closing has aged patchouli and warm vetiver. Oh yes there is this very tactile oak moss that lies in hiding after about 5 hours that you cannot find in things formulated after 1970. My bottle last a good 14 hours or more. Its beyond words, really! Madame Zed was a brilliant artist, whose talent haunts every bottle.

There is a "lost temple incense" quality. I also get an eerie character here, like that love you have only experienced in a dream that keeps occurring until you wake up with a broken heart one morning. That is my description of My Sin. Its a mystical beauty that doesn't fit in the 21st century.

The only thing I find it has in common with Chanel N5 is the decade it was released, the civet and aldehydes. The comparisons are irrelevant as this has been out of production for 25 years. Luckily it was popular enough to have enough vintages floating around. To a collector, this is required sniffing.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Elegance in a bottle. Powdery, gentle floral with civet notes was my first impression, but there is really so much more going on. My Sin begins with soapy overtones that burst with little floral explosions. But not in a huge way that are overpowering. It's as if you're walking in an English Garden and you stop to smell flowers along the way. You pick up different scents. The Ylang-Ylang, the Bergamot, Rose, Musk and Vanilla are all delightfully delicious. Civet comes into play amongst the flowers. I adore civet in my perfumes. Civet is a note that seems to border on a love/hate relationship with people from their description. We've all seen the wording that describes cats at their most horrible and I'm guessing that's not a civet lover. Some of the descriptions are quite funny to me. I've owned cats all my life and I can honestly say they've never smelled like any of the descriptions I've read that are so blatantly descriptive in a negative way. It's strong and delicious in My Sin. So are the aldehydes, which are quite prevalent. There are so many wonderful notes that pop up in this gloriously creamy perfume at times, it's difficult to pinpoint each one. Oh, but it's fun to try! This is a sophisticated perfume for a sophisticated woman. The type of woman who has chutzpah. That's the woman that can wear My Sin every day and every night if she wants. With so much talk about perfumes for the young, for the old ladies, perfumes only a mature woman can handle, in all honesty those are only semantics, mere words that people use to try and describe what they are feeling about a fragrance. People attempt to describe what they feel. Perfuministas give their best to describe perfumes to the discerning public. But a perfume that has stood the test of time and is still wanted by so many, is still used and revered...now that's something incredulous. Something to be in awe of the maker. Just imagine the generations that have delicately traced their earlobes with this glorious scent, dotted between their breasts with a scant few petals of this perfume, annointed their wrists and inner elbows? Yes, perfume is My Sin, indeed. And thus, I sin every day of my life. And I'm happy to do so. Be it with My Sin or some other fabulous juice that I've found to complete me, what truly matters is that perfume and fragrance is a very beautiful part of my life that I shall always nourish. And you should too.Lasts about four hours for me and sillage is noticeable with the right amount. They just don't make them like this anymore. Such a pity. This one is delicious and if you're able to score one, you'll know the delights of My Sin.

Kiku
Kiku

My goodness! The French not only know how to create a great fragrance they know how to name them too, don't they? What perfume ever had a more provocative name than "My Sin"? Launched in the 1920's, the Flappers must have felt so naughty buying this one! But "My Sin" is so much more than a gimmicky name. It is simply one of the greatest scents ever created, one of the reasons French perfumes have such an exalted reputation. It has the structure common to so many great perfumes: an opening of sparkling aldehydes and citrus, a middle of soft flowers(I smell lots of orris), and a slightly dusty drydown of woody notes. "My Sin" is blended with such skill it's hard to distinguish the individual notes, it is seemless and perfect. "My Sin" is one of the great ladies in perfume history. Why, oh why, did Lanvin reformulate it? This review is for the vintage. The reformulation smelled chemical, artificial, and had a cheap, boozy quality -- one of the few times I was glad to see a perfume discontinued. A bit of perfume greatness gone. I think my heart will be broken forever.

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

About a month ago, I went to a funeral in New Mexico. Even in the Spring, it was already too hot to be wearing black. A GORGEOUS older woman, in her early 90's caught my eye. She was sitting in the church pews with a TIARA crowning her platinum blonde bob. On her lips she wore the classic "Cherries in the Snow" red that all bombshells of the day wore. She had on a light brown full length fur coat and a cheetah print pantsuit. She pulled out all the stops with that outfit. I immediately knew that she was someone I wanted to meet. After all, don't we all want to have that much moxie AT ANY AGE?? I can only hope to become a woman who can pull off wearing a tiara to a funeral!!

Well, it only got better from there because at the wake, she entertained everyone with her soft shoe tap while all the kids took turns playing the piano for her. I said right there and then that I will do whatever it takes to live a long happy life like she clearly has! After speaking to her, I found out that she had been an actress, she had married well, traveled around the world, had beautiful children who were successful and lived life to the fullest. She lost it all, but never lost her spirit. Her eyes still sparkled and she still had a bounce in her step. This woman had more moxie in her little finger than most people have in their entire lives.

Naturally, I HAD to ask what perfume she wears. It was no surprise AT ALL for me to learn that she wears MY SIN. Of course she does! What else could possibly fit the bill?

My Sin is for women who are not afraid to take life by the horns and ride it out. This perfume embodies the quote by Laurel Thatcher Ulrich, "WELL BEHAVED WOMEN SELDOM MAKE HISTORY."

Enough said. I have made it a point to wear both MY SIN and my tiara more frequently these days.

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

I won a sealed My Sin extrait from eBay, never opened. It was intriguing, but so simple. Where were these notes? What were people smelling to make reviews like this? Suspecting that my bottle was perhaps a bit expired (as it was with Arpege), I decided to try some more bottles.

I purchased a refillable spray version. Exactly the same fragrance.

Then a sample came from the perfumed court. This was a little different. The aldehydes were lighter, it was less powdery/soapy, and... it actually smelled a little expired! Is this the source of all these reviews? How many people have sampled a bad bottle of My Sin and reviewed it here?

The next step in my search for answers was the Long Lost Perfumes version. The top is hideous and cheap. However, the heart does really smell like my bottles of My Sin, but with lower quality florals. There isn't really a drydown to speak of.

Next was a sealed bottle of My Sin Eau de Lanvin. This one was identical to the other two full bottles I purchased!

So I tried five different sources of My Sin; the three sealed bottles smelled the same, while the LLP and TPC versions were very different. As such, I'll review the first bottle I received.

A soft, extremely floral aldehydic opening breathes life into the subdued and very classic soapy heart of Narcissus, Jasmine, and lilac. The aldehydes aren't too extreme - they're much like they smell in No.5 extrait. There is a lot of jasmine here and it's very indolic. It actually smells like wilting gardenia flowers. The presence of civet gives a darker, leathery quality to the bouquet. Sandalwood, musk, and a teensy hint of vetiver are present alongside a faint creamy aroma that very well could be benzoin for a touch of balsamic warmth. The entire thing is very cool and relaxed with a warm furry undertone from the musks. The use of a cat in the advertising is interesting because this smells a lot like cat fur. It doesn't last for a terribly long time and the sillage is average, but I can see this being a favorite in America during a time when elegance meant French perfume with a capital F!

That said, it's really not a sultry sex bomb or anything that I've read here. It's delightfully soapy and light in an extremely classic way. I must admit; through all of this sampling and searching, I have truly fallen in love with My Sin. It's definitely not easy love but that made it even more apparent when I fell hard for it.

antfarm
antfarm

My Sin...the black sheep cousin of Arpege and Chanel No.5. She has a little black book, handcuffs in her purse, and daddy issues.

I like My Sin a lot. The ads are great and really draw me in with the black cats. It's a smooth dark aldehyde that purrs on my skin and doesn't get screechy or chemical.

The first two samples I went through smelled fantastic--just like they were supposed to. Based on those lovely samples of the vintage parfum, I purchased a sealed bottle from ebay that smelled horrible: like wet matted fur soaked in turpentine and it even burned my skin. It must have expired, even though it was never opened.

My Sin is a lovely dark fragrance and it smells warm, smooth, and elegant. If you are purchasing it online, make sure you buy it from a store who accepts returns. As with any vintage perfume, there is a chance that you may get a bad bottle.

Christinasegal123
Christinasegal123

Aldehydes and flowers open it and they're rich and heavy. There's also a shocking bit of civet, I really am taken back to the days of my grandmother when she always wore her fur coats, gloves and hats....I like,this very much.

I have the vintage Eau de Lanvin version. I can see the similarities to Chanel No. 5 but this is smoother and more complex, though it may be that some top notes have been lost. Clearly, the idea here was to take things in at least a somewhat oriental direction. Don't expect powerful incense/sandalwood with this version, but rather a soft (and rich) yet very pleasant blend.

Jerine123
Jerine123

Just purchased the vintage EDT and it really is lovely. Had the EDP years ago and although this is a lighter version, you can still tell that it is My Sin. Since I am partial to most Lanvin and think that most of their fragrance qualifies as a work of art, this original does not disappoint. This fragrance is truly timeless and wish it would resurface in the original form from Lanvin. I don't think it is anything like Chanel #5. It has a much sharper initial civet and bergamont whiff and it dries down to almost an oriental softie with a little higher kick...very intriguing and memorable.

StarMagix

I have the vintage version of this fragrance and it still smells like it did way back when. I grew up wearing this one to high school classes and dates. It has such great memories for me and I still love it today. On me it last all day and into the wee hours of the night. I like the old version of the bottle way better than the newer version. I think it had more classic style and was a heavy glass.

mcgood
mcgood

I received my vintage extrait yesterday and dabbed like crazy this morning. 3 hours later I can't smell anything!! What a bummer!! Smelled awesome while it lasted!!

Castor
Castor

It resembles The Baron, which is the masculine version of White Shoulders. I guess it can make up for the reformulated version of the first one if layered.

Yes, it is an old school perfume, which in my case, it is far from being a problem.

ivi rose
ivi rose

I bought an old set of perfume, cologne and powder and I don't barely smell anything. What a waste of money. Buyer beware.

debi.onken
debi.onken

I have the EDT. It smells lovely, but it just doesn't last on me no matter how "generous" I am with it. I prefer White Shoulders which is very similar.

stormyla
stormyla

This was a truly lovely and seductive scent. I hope to find a vintage bottle of it.

loreeno
loreeno

No other thing can evoke such feelings as perfume. It entices the olfactory, has the ability to
conjure memories be it a signature scent of a loved one or one's own experience ,it can transfer you another state and time. Perfume can elicit a sense of sexual prowlness , innocence & demure or strength & confidence. It can set the mood of intimacy, joy and lightness or a state of deep solemn reflection. It is one of the greatest indulgences in life and has so many meanings to the individual wearing it or those under the spell of it's aura.
This perfume of yesteryear just does that for me...I am transferred back to a time where I am just 16 and realizing the mystery of my sexuality and the effect I could have on young men. I received this fragrance as a sweet-sixteen birthday gift. This wonderful scent made me feel so self assured , mature and oh shall I dare say sexy... something a proper girl wouldn't say let alone feel, in other words my secret sin. I became an enchantress by wearing this wonderful scent that opened as a beautiful heady white floral that warmed to a powdery sandalwood scent with an alluring seductive light note of civet....oh it was so velvety, warm and sensual.....my sin. It's sad it is no longer in production and we are left with only memories of this great scent or madly bidding on ebay for this vintage beauty that by now has lost some of it's intoxicating properties. But ah yes the memories shall persist. Life is short so let's wear the good stuff...happy perfuming to all you readers!

StarMagix

This was an all time favorite when I was in High School along with it's partner fragrance Arpege. I still have the square vintage bottles(they are splash on's) from long ago, and I have a small amount left in a spray on from 30+ years ago. They all smell divine still after all these years, perhaps a little weaker though. I do wish these would make a come back with the first recipes from way back. The remakes just do not smell the same IMO. These Lanvin fragrances have a special place in the true feminine history of women and romance.

Moyra
Moyra

The perfume deities saw fit to allow me to score a sealed, untouched 100 milliliter bottle of vintage My Sin Extrait de parfum for a truly risible price. The bottle is so old that it does not look like any of the pictures on this page, indeed, its the old fashioned dab on type with a square stopper made of black pressed glass in a plain, rectangular glass bottle.

Now here's the thing - my exquisitely warm, soft, smooth and utterly lovely oriental juice does not smell anything like the notes listed, neither does it resemble any of the reviews on this page. Its either a very old formulation or its flowery notes have completely disintegrated with time, because what I have is the softest, warmest resinous wood/vanilla potion with but a dab of aldehydes, and nary a hint of any flower or any civet.

I am not sure what's going on, but I have to say that my fabulous extrait of My Sin was either definitely improved by the decades since it was bottled or is an older, far warmer and softer formulation.
Whatever happened is sexy warm oriental magic, its autumn/winter perfection, and amply deserves a 9 out of 10 for everything from the juice to the sillage and the projection.

:::::::swoon:::::::

I was half expecting this to be a civet bomb, but it's not at all. Instead, it's an incensy aldehyde, with that bit of powder so reminiscent of vintage fumes. This becomes most beautiful after about an hour, when the true personality is developed. Although it doesn't smell like Chanel no. 5, it is clearly of the same era, and in my opinion, the same league. I like My Sin better because it has more mystery.

DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor
DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor

This as classic and bewitching as "woman" can be. Bring her back Lanvin! why must beauties such as this be executed due to time?
Reminds me of Simone Simon as Irena in Cat People, Veronica Lake in I Married A Witch, Kim Novak in Bell, Book & Candle, Catwoman, witches and night creatures. Most of all my mother as this was her very first "Paris" perfume!

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

As I applied Lanvin's My Sin to my wrist out of the bottle, it smelled just like Chanel No. 5; but in a few minutes later, it transformed into a soft, powdery sandalwood incense. The incense dominates the fragrance, though not in an unpleasant or harsh way. I don't consider it seductive, as it's name suggests (though it probably made lovers swoon years ago). In the same league as Chanel No. 5. - vintage charm and class!

I have a vintage bottle Eau de Lanvin. It seems almost like a cross between Chanel N.5 and Chanel N.22. I would say that the civet and vetiver in the base are rather prominent. I would like to try this in a stronger formula though.

Lady Love
Lady Love

(Vintage Pure Parfum Review)

¡PURE SEDUCTION!

The most beautiful cold-hearted woman scent!

A woman Who's Not Afraid of make guys go crazy. She Breaks Your Heart and doesn't feel any guilt. She gets what she wants, without consideration of risky possible consequences.

I don't see the similarity to Chanel #5 other than the aldehydes. If you can find a bottle of My Sin, buy it, you will be glad you added it to your collection. A classic beauty.

Attawapiskat
Attawapiskat

I only like the original My Sin made by Lanvin. The rejigged version from Long Lost Perfumes is awful and I won't wear that one.
The original My Sin is a beautiful classic aldehyde; nice and powdery. It is too bad they discontinued it.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

My Sin is one of those exotic perfumes that have fallen out of favor in recent times. It's not listed as Oriental but floral but the spice is there and sandalwood so I would call it Oriental.
It would be too much to wear all the time and I would imagine that it was a 1950s & 1960s dress up perfume. The mid-century ads with the black cats are delightful. As mentioned in the previous reviews , it smells like Gonesh incense. It smells like Gonesh Perfumes of Ancient Times incense to be exact. I really liked that incense. I really like My Sin but I don't think it's something to wear around in todays world. It's too rich so it has to be a private indulgence, hence the name My Sin.

guest_tourmaline
guest_tourmaline

Lovely, powdery, classic. This starts off a nice, smart white floral but very quickly segues into incredibly soft sandalwood and musk. The woody drydown reminds me so much of the old Gonesh Sandalwood incense that you could by at the grocery store. Gonesh incense is still around but they don't smell the same as they did 20 years ago when I was a young teen. The drydown of vintage My Sin reminds me of this sandalwood incense - incredibly soft and powdery sandalwood.

My Sin by Lanvin 4.44 out of 5 based on 179 ratings and 31 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lanvin My Sin fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lanvin My Sin, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify My Sin by Lanvin. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of My Sin by Lanvin represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.