Designers » L » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Via Lanvin Lanvin for women

Via Lanvin Lanvin for women
dislike

yellow floral

Via Lanvin fragrance was launched in 1971. The top notes of this elegant composition are green leaves, aldehydes, bergamot, lemon and violet. Heart features flowers of ylang-ylang, lily of the valley, orris root, carnation, jasmine and narcissus. The base consists of amber, oak moss, vetiver, cedar, sandalwood and musk.

Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Green Notes Violet Aldehydes

Carnation Jasmine Narcissus Ylang-Ylang Orris Root Lily-of-the-Valley

Vetiver Musk Sandalwood oak moss Virginia Cedar Amber

Via Lanvin Fragrance Reviews

Mr Viking
Mr Viking

Via Lanvin is the 70-ties in a bottle. The moment I open the bottle it takes me back. It is warm spicy and soft in the drydown, dry and green. I did not know about this perfume but bought it by description.
I love it.

suhaesa

wow so amazing..as soon as i opened the lid i was taken back to the 70ies although i was not born then but i can feel the history the times the people who wore it back then its so vintage..so powdery aldehydic smells like gin or whisky or maybe its because of the long time it has not been opened for but once the alcoholicness disappears it smells so french so divine like fidji and madam rochas mixed together and maybe a bit of arpage lanvin its a bit smokey warm spicy oriental woodsy ..musky ..ambery..yet crisp and fresh and lemony and i can smell the carnation and maybe a hint of clachea from hermes..i can still smell the sandalwood base the sublime elegant beauty the timeless woods..
its a classic french 70ies master piece..its what a perfume is meant to be ..feminine yet not sweet dry elegant sophisticated..multidimensional..every note sings in harmony with the other ..the whole composition is just full yet airy, true to its character.. and the longer it stays the more beautiful it becomes.. it transforms in to a second skin ..like vail..the notes come each with its own beautiful connotations tantalizing the senses and making you reminisce..its a bit soapy clean and classy..in all its dimensions.. its simply sublime.. divine ..and a true perfumers perfume.. that should have stood the test of time but i guess all good perfumes tend to be hidden or forgotten like rare diamonds

edt one thousand 1000 ml!
a classic masterpiece
bought from paris in the early 70 ies
perfume ratting 5 out 5
bottle ratting 5 out of 5
my own personal liking ratting 4.5 out 5

pixierobinson
pixierobinson

Loved this fragrance... why are the best fragrances no longer available?

krmarich
krmarich

This time the perfume found me, I was not looking for it at all.

I had the honor of discovering a mini sampler from 1971 for about $10. It included the EDT and perfume. My endless quest for vintage Lanvin presented this obscured classic. Indeed she is "old school French powerhouse" that has been lost, perhaps forever.

The EDT reminded me of Arpege with its burst of aldehydes. The perfume is deep and luscious. Both take a "greener" direction that was so popular in the early 1970s. Think Chanel no 19, Givenchy III et al. The florals mean business with the jasmine, ylang ylang and narcissus shouting "HERE I AM!!!" Its all in very good taste. Its like I have April in Paris bottled forever.

The bottle is classic with its plastic green marble top. Its a reminds me of Coriandre with that 70s "mod look".

Lanvin is a house that is filled with lost classics that I must have-My Sin, Scandal and Rumeur.

Via Lanvin is Karen Carpenter in 1971.

suhaesa

i actually have the original one.. got it from my mother.. from the year it was produced ..1971..!..and let me tell you its so beautiful..i actually got it from her because of the iconic bottle its so amazing, so architectural..so modern..the perfume is so smoky deep french old school classic ..i don't even open the bottle much for i don t want to spoil it..i am so lucky to have it..

edp about one litre 1000 ml of pure perfume
rating for bottle 5 out of 5
rating of perfume 4 out 5
long lasting

i will write another review wen i go back home and smell it again

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

I agree with Bigsley in that this goes on as nothing special. I have an itty bitty mini that smelled like nothing really in the bottle. Put it on and thought "one vintage I can live without!" Smelled a little later, and dang if it hadn't become something beautiful! I so love Lanvin scents. I wonder what the longevity of this one is, that is my only issue with My Sin and vintage Arpege. This does remind me of something, but I will have to ponder what it is.... Woodhue maybe?

I have a little vintage of this and did a sampling on cloth. It goes on harsh, with steely aldehydes, but then softens up nicely (amber and iris mostly do this, presumably). I certainly would wear this, though I'd wait for the opening to subside before going out in public. However, I already have some "masculines" that are similar but a bit more interesting (and without that massive slug of aldehydes, which I don't enjoy), and so I can't see this one being a "regular" in my rotation.

UPDATE: With a regular wearing, I find this softer but the projection ("sillage") is weak. The bottle I have is a sealed spray so I am surprised that it's not stronger. The mild drydown is quite pleasant, even if there is no "wow factor" to it.

Zzzut
Zzzut

To me, Via Lanvin is one of the best fragrances ever produced by Lanvin. It is so original and distinctive, I cannot even try to describe it. It is a shame this fragrance is no longer in production. I have never found anything even remotely similar to it. If anyone has any suggestions, please fill in the "This perfume reminds me of" box.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lanvin Via Lanvin fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Lanvin Via Lanvin, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Via Lanvin by Lanvin. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Via Lanvin by Lanvin represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.