Designers » L » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Roma Laura Biagiotti for women

Roma Laura Biagiotti for women
dislike

Roma Laura Biagiotti for women Videos Roma Laura Biagiotti for women Videos
Roma Laura Biagiotti for women Pictures Roma Laura Biagiotti for women Pictures Roma Laura Biagiotti for women Pictures Roma Laura Biagiotti for women Pictures Roma Laura Biagiotti for women Pictures

Roma by Laura Biagiotti is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for women. Roma was launched in 1988. Top notes are black currant, sicilian bergamot, pink grapefruit, mint and hiacynth; middle notes are carnation, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are amber, sandalwood, singapore patchouli, musk, civet, vanilla, oakmoss and myrrh.

Black Currant Sicilian Bergamot Pink Grapefruit Mint Hiacynth

Carnation Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Amber Sandalwood Singapore Patchouli Musk Civet Vanilla Oakmoss Myrrh

Roma Fragrance Reviews

ladushka
ladushka

It starts fresh...pink grapefruit..a lot of it..crispy mint but ut changes rather quickly...it calms down and melts into soft warm rosy mossy scent when rose and moss come into play. The undertone is slighly spicy but not bitter. The drydown is warm and I definately smell myrrh, sandalwood, amber and vanilla. The scent is very present but it is also calming. Longevity and sillage are good.

enola
enola

really reminds me of my hometown. both my mum and my auntie wear this, but for some reason I like it on myself best.
I love everything about Roma, from the initial citrus fresh blast, to the powdery, smoky and animalic middle, to the sweet persistent drydown. it's a safe haven for me; as a moody perfume wearer, I could say that this suits me on a deeper level.
I agree with someone else saying it used to be more fruity and sweet in the past but I wasn't wearing it at the time, so it kinda feel more personal now :)

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Roman Holiday

This fragrance with it's column shaped bottle evokes a golden afternoon in Rome, as you walk by the Trevi Fountain and descend the Spanish Steps. It's classically beautiful and lasts a very long time. I wore it three days two of the three days I didn't even have to spritz it on because it was still there from the first spritz. This is warm balsamic fragrance in which patchouli is working it's magic and causing all the other notes to harmonize. The opening is a bit aldehydic and then jumps into the fruity notes of grapefruit bergamot and there's a mint. The mint is the scent that most dominates the top. The floral heart is sweet with rose and jasmine and a sexy carnation. The base contains sandalwood and amber but most of all myrrh. The myrrh gives it a warmth and smokiness the amber a golden glow. This fragrance smells very much like a sunset. And it also matches up with the Italian opera aria Casta Diva by Bellini from his opera Norma. It's operatic to me. It's enchanting, foreign, sexy, and yet elegant. It's a beautiful Italian woman you meet only one time while visiting Italy but you never forget her for the rest of your life.

highroller
highroller

Roma by Laura Biagiotti- A Man's review of a women's perfume.
10 stars folks. This fragrance is a winner. It has ample longevity, Heavy sillage, and brilliant note combinations. The opening is insanely elegant, with Black Currant, Bergamot and Hyacinth standing out flamboyantly, followed by Patchouli, Musk and Myrrh and the rest of the notes being tweaked, twisted and prodded wonderfully by roguish Civet.
This fragrance is a classic, a must have for every woman and every man who collects perfumes and colognes as I do.

Pinja
Pinja

A beautiful, old style, flowery oriental fragrance. A more heavy than light fragrance. A proper perfume, meaning that it has what many modern fragrances lack: actual topnotes, middlenotes and basenotes. The fragrance develops on skin for several hours (instead of falling flat on skin and staying linear).

Top: A fresh and powdery blast of bergamot, blackcurrant, carnation, muguet, rose, amber and myrrh.
Middle: Dried fruits and flowers over the bed of amber, musk, sandalwood and myrrh.
Base: All powdery amber, musk, sandalwood and myrrh, some remains of the fruity and flowery aspects lingering in between.

The very different experiences/reviews on this one tell the essential about Roma. At least the older versions have different facets showing up during different wearings/wearers. Don't know how the most recent versions perform.

I love putting on Roma because I never know which notes will be emphasized in the beginning. The middle and the drydown end up being pretty much the same every time, but when the top notes first hit your nose it could be one of these, or some different combination that's emphasized:
powdery amber
powdery fruity
fruity amber
fruity floral
powdery musky floral
metallic, woody and some myrrh
myrrh, musk and amber

raiza1990
raiza1990

Spicy citrusy powder, from beginning to end. For me it is too sharp and i think it also smells cheap and old.Definately not for me. If the mint and the vanilla were stronger it would be more interesting.
Projection and longevity are not that great, even when sprayed on clothes.

mamehaviolette
mamehaviolette

This is so unique! It is very citrusy and minty, but balsamic and animalic at the same time. This smells also very italian as well. As soon as I tried it I commented with my sister that we could almost smell our kitchen, associating all the feelings connected to this scent. Just amazing. I want this sooo bad!

The_Entity
The_Entity

I can smell grapefruit when I first spray this, its a lovely heady summer frag, but theres something in the drydown that puts me off, cannot put my finger on the notes, but it turns sour

ArandeNim
ArandeNim

Today, I learned a valuable lesson about body chemistry.

On paper, Roma is everything I love in a fragrance. In a bottle, too, it smells woodsy and spicy and bracingly autumnal. Animalic, but presented in such a charming, affable way that there's power to the scent without being skunky in the slightest.

Elated, I sprayed it on myself. After a few minutes, I began to reek of bad breath. Ouch. I really wish it worked better on my skin, because on a test strip I absolutely love it, even after a day of smelling like gum disease I can't bring myself to rate this any lower than 'like'.

Asinya
Asinya

This is lovely, and quite strong in an inoffensive way. Sadly, as I knew before, amber gives me headaches regardless of combos - I still had to give it a chance though, and I love the scent, I just can't wear it. But it is beautiful, and I highly recommend it.

kewart

This is the perfume that turned me into a perfume-lover and started my addiction to scents of all kinds.
It is an unbelievably beautiful and confident scent which never fails to draw compliments.

When my nose first had the pleasure of discovering Roma,it twitched with delight, rolled over and gave itself up its considerable charms. It became a favourite of mine, particularly in autumn, when it seems to enhance the cooler, mellow months.Myrrh, balsam, civet and vanilla smooth it out after an unusual minty,cirtrussy top and a floral middle. It lingers on clothes and leaves a delightful trail behind the wearer.

Easy to find still on ebay etc at reasonable prices.

fostermd
fostermd

When it comes to perfumes I either wear the heavy, dirty, musky animalics or pure florals and when I saw that this one contained a virtual zoo of animalics I knew I had to give it a try. I did find that it was pleasantly sweet, rich and balmy with lots of vanilla and resins like myrrh and amber, but the currant, mint, bergamot and geranium gave it a very unique spicy flair that caught me a bit by surprise, but it is a pleasant sort of surprise. As it dries down the bergamot, mint and currant yield to the more floral heart of lily of the valley, rose, carnation, and jasmine yet effects of the black currant still leave their imprint on the floral heart and the floral heart is also relatively transparent to the woody, musky, amber-vanilla base notes that provide great depth and warmth to the floral heart. Then quite a few hours later the remaining base notes smolder as warm amber, vanilla with the woody tones of sandalwood, but at this point it is to be smelled only quite close to the skin. This is a very nice oriental that really is quite suitable for men or women. I wear it since Roma for men is completely different and I do not like it at all. During the first 5 hours or so on the skin it has good sillage but then draws in closer to the skin as the heart retreats and it lasts long enough as not to require it to be reapplied unless you are going out in the evening and want to refresh it. Although it contains I zoo of animalic notes there is nothing to fear, they all are quite tame. Only the black currant is the scent that some could find a bit unusual.

shadiiii
shadiiii

من با این عطر خیلی خاطره دارم بینهایت خوشبو با ماندگاری عالی و پخش بوی خوب

AlisonD
AlisonD

A pleasant spicy powdery perfume.
After the initial orange citrus punch when applied it quickly dries down to a gentle aromatic spicy fragrance with good longevity

I wouldn't spend a lot of money on this fragrance but if seen at a good price it is a nice one to have in the collection

la_belle
la_belle

„A Roman tribute”

Let me be honest: I'm a bottlomaniac. I love flacons that are inventive, interesting, creative, beautiful or just feel great in my hand ... And let me continue - Roma by Biagiotti takes the price... or at least it is to find in my top 5. A well-designed bottle to me is a bottle you remember, that feels right in your hand, and that captures both the fragrance and the symbolic value of the scent and name. Roma has it all. I've been so lucky to have visited Rome and the spirit of the city is definitely in this bottle. Walking among the ruins of what once was The City on Earth craves a certain amount of respect and awe toward the founders of such a place. Roma sums it all up.
The scent itself is a marvellous creation, starting out as a citrus-woody-spicy scent. I don't get any mint but the bergamot is lovely combined with the rose, which is actually from the heart notes. For several hours I can enjoy the changing mixture of the heart ingredients and when finally I hit the base (the longevity is more than 8 hours on my skin!), it is just yet one more wonder of a well-composed scent, releasing amber, myrrh and vanilla in a wonderful combination.
My husband bought this for me, the first perfume he has ever bought for me... He tells me that when he senses it in a room, he turns his head to look for me. That fact does not make me love it any less.
You have to be in your twenties to wear this, in my opinion. This oriental fruity beauty is a mature scent, and you will be noticed when wearing it, since it can be detected from up to 5 feet away, and make sure that this is the signal you like to send, namely: sexy and warm. If not - wear something else

Ilprofumo
Ilprofumo

I absolutely love Roma by Laura Biagiotti. I buy a bottle of Roma everytime I go to Italy and between visits elsewhere if I can find it. It is not available at department stores in my city. My first bottle of Roma was purchased in Rome, Italy which happens to be my favourite Italian City and second home ❤. I am wearing Roma as I wrote my comments.

1. Luxuriously rich, timeless, and priceless....for the right person.
2. It is an extremely elegant fragrance with compunction; in other words it has substance and best worn by women of likewise character.
3. There is a fruity, citrus scent that is present when first applied which gently imbeds itself slowly into the sweetness of Amber, developing into a unique delicious warm intoxicating fragrance that is both sexy and alluring.
4. Albeit there is a sweetness influenced by Amber it is not sugary sweet but rather an italian dolce reminiscent of italian liquors and drinks.I refer to Roma as perfumed "Chinotto" which is an Italian soft drink containing herbs and caramel. (Parallels similar to Hypnotic Poison by Dior and comments that root beer is detected.)
5. When Roma reaches its last layer it becomes a beautiful almond-dolce-light floral with a hint of spark lingering from the citrus.... which is extremely gorgeous and feminine. Longevity is excellent.....24hrs ➕ .

A real gem of a perfume.❤

nitschevo
nitschevo

Colin Maillard - I couldn't agree more. Perfect review in my opinion. I still have Roma on the back of my hand and that's exactly what I'm smelling.

I was lured in due to the similarities (Dune and Montblanc PDF) and am glad that I tested it. Although I must say that I don't completely agree with the similarities. However I do think that if you like either of them Roma is worth testing.

Fun fact: When I first sprayed this on I thought someone had thrown a grapefruit in my direction. It was so fruity and I absolutely did not excpect that!

bluecg
bluecg

A scent from the eighty's. Would like to rediscover it:-)

Corinne39
Corinne39

I love love love this scent! it was a blind buy earlier in the year, towards the end of summer..I got it and really wasn't convinced! Now though, the the arrival of autumn/winter it comes into its own...Its amazing..Christmas in a bottle, warm and sexy without hitting you in the face.. Can't get enough of it and receive so many compliments on it. Very glad I bought it, and at such an affordable price form All Beauty.com Definitely a keeper!!

Julia1506
Julia1506

This fragrance for me is so Italian! It has them all: flowers and woods, spices and aldehydes, some earthy notes, all mixed together so nicely, creating a symphony. It is elegant, complex, maybe oriental in a delicate way, not heavy at all. I think Italian divas could appreciate this kind of fragrance. I use it from time to time, mostly during the colder season as for me it is not a summer scent. And I love it.

Alley - D
Alley - D

Even with a cold I can still smell Roma - not a bad thing though. I love this fragrance. It reminds me of the original DKNY and Dune and smells of fresh tomato vines.

You shouldn't be disappointed with this one if you don't want to smell all 'girly'.

Elenose
Elenose

I entirely agree with jola 72! It should change its name! Not the same perfume i wore when i was adolescent in the 90's! The reformulations steal us our better memories, it's a shame

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

The initial notes of Roma are quite on the sweet-creamy side; ylang, vanilla, a hint of fruits, a balsamic-resinous breeze (myrrh, apparently: basically an Oriental spicy-incense-resin smell like olibanum), a minty note, heliotrope, delicate and aromatic citrus notes, aldehydes, supported by an earthy-animalic velvety base, refined and understated, which gives just a tiny touch of "animalic" à la Jicky but quite soft and hiding like a shadow behind a cloud of silky spicy soapiness. As minutes pass it darkens becoming smokier and more resinous, the balsamic incense is now more prominent together with woods and patchouli, always surrounded by a sweet talc creaminess of ylang, flowers and sandalwood. So in short it's all about flowers, resins, woods, quite on the sweet-bright side despite some interesting darker corners. Undoubtedly a pleasant scent, simple, friendly and elegant (not that sophisticated, though), versatile and iconic – you smelled this everywhere some fifteen years ago in the streets of Italy. The drydown is dry and unexpectedly more greenish, almost grassy and a tad metallic. It may sound weird, but given the similarity of the notes, it almost resembles to Zino Davidoff or Guerlain Héritage's "blond sister". Good and easy-going.

7,5-8/10

Jola 72
Jola 72

I have the modern reformulated version ed toilette 25ml bottle.First blast of minty myrrh note,powdery Italien leather,feells cozy and friendly.It is dry and powdery resins on my skin,holds on several hours.Safe scent all in all,perfect to the work and relax...
Sadly...

Not at all same Roma as it was time ago.Magical is lost for me in this new release of perfume.Why they call all these new reformulations for same big names,can not understand it...These are NOT same perfumes and would change names as well...

Karineabdel
Karineabdel

Une de mes collègues de travail revient d'Italie et a acheté ce parfum quelle a eu la gentillesse de me faire essayer. Au début, je sens les agrumes et la menthe. Une ouverture très unique et j'imagine que c'est l'odeur d'encens (que je ne connais pas vraiment dans un parfum) qui rend cette odeur particulière. Ensuite, c'est vrai que le parfum devient un peu masculin... Certaines personnes parlent de notes de pin et je crois pouvoir le détecter aussi. Pas tout a fait mon genre de parfum (j'aime les fleurs blanches, les fruits et les notes sucrées), mais très unique pour un parfum féminin. Typique des années 80 ?

JizzJuice
JizzJuice

Wonderful scent, beautiful woodsy drydown. If you like Must De Cartier and Krazy Krizia, then Roma will complete this trilogy. Got this on a blind buy and I'm very satisfied.

MadMadamMimm
MadMadamMimm

One of the first perfumes I ever wore. I think it is a beautiful unisex scent, perfect for fall. It makes me want to wear tweed and walk around a New England college campus.

greenelf
greenelf

Another scent that surprised me--I had fallen in love with Biagiotti's original scent, which was a fresh, all white floral perfume--and this scent couldn't be more different. One of the few oriental scents that have ever made a really big impression on me! It's very sexy, yet clean and fresh and lasting. This fragrance is a real balancing act, with notes than make me think of a rich, warms seductive scent like Shalimar, but without the ambery, musky, spicy notes dominating. The freshness and the fruit keep is sparking and not smouldering. I really miss this one, since I just have a mini or two left of it!!

kati77
kati77

Wow.......really its a edt but longevity so strong as parfum pure. Also strong spicy note, for me and my skin its too much. I dont detect at all rose or jasmin which i wish i would. Spice overpowered all the rest of mixture notes. I am sorry but i dont like it. Not my style ,nothing seductive here.
Big bravo for longlasting of this perfume.

lonestarlola
lonestarlola

I first bought this the year it came out, and I have come back around to it with as much reverence as I had the first time. I just bought a vintage bottle and am so thrilled to have it back in my collection in full size. A tip: If you want the old vintage, look for Eurocos as the producer and don't buy the non-marbled box. If you're buying on eBay and unsure, ask the seller to tell you what the bottom of the box says.

For me, this can be worn any time of year but in the summer it's more of a nighttime scent. I get the pungent bergamot, thick myrrh and balsamic notes very strongly, and the mint plays well with the mix of florals. Very Mediterranean, as one would expect. I imagine a hillside terrace after dusk and into the evening hours, sun-kissed terracotta underfoot and urns of herbal plantings growing wild along the balustrade. Tall Italian cypresses and evergreens press close, and citrus groves gleam darkly in the distance, their shiny green leaves and golden fruit reflecting the light of the sun and moon in turn. It's warm and earthy, sensuous and mysterious in the evening - like wandering the woods in the moonlight, an anticipation of adventure.

lizziekayy
lizziekayy

I have only the body cream of Roma. I find it a lovely sunny sophisticated fragrance. The packaging could only be one colour - terracotta. Like a warm Italian terrace with terracotta tiles and pots overflowing with citrus fruit trees . The grapefruit keeps it fresh rather than sweet and it dries down to myrrh and soft spice. Quite subtle and mysterious.

Jernê Knowles
Jernê Knowles

Imponência foi o que me veio à mente ao sentir na pele Roma de Laura Biagiotti, construído em 1988, ano em que o Brasil ganhava uma nova Constituição e também perdia José Abelardo Barbosa de Medeiros, o Chacrinha. Um perfume extremamente decidido ao que veio, pelo fato de conseguir capturar a sensualidade feminina e de forma aquecida demonstrar um novo conceito libidinoso, fugindo a escabrosidade. Roma é um caldeirão que está aquecendo Groselhas numa choupana destacada, com folhas de Hortelãs frescas e raspas de Limão, dentro de uma floresta úmida e serenada por uma garoa pós-estiagem climática. Esse caldeirão entorna e atinge um vaso com Rosas vermelhas que está próximo, e elas arrebentadas caem num carpete ao chão misturadas a porção do caldeirão. Nesta mistura dá pra se lembrar do cheiro estimulante de Cravos esmiolados, porém adoçados pelo concentrado de Groselhas. No carpete havia resquícios residuais de Âmbar que foram derretidos ao serem aquecidos pela porção, tornando-se assim um cheiro Oriental denso e majestoso, além de aquecido e adocicado. Nesta mistura que foi ao chão, ainda aquecida, percebem-se resquícios de Sândalo fundidos à Baunilha silvestre, misturados a essências de Musgo de Carvalho e ao mesmo, esse cheiro evidente emana do lado de fora da choupana onde provavelmente está numa árvore bem próxima ao local onde se fazia a tal porção. No mais, Roma têm as características da mulher sensual da década de 80’s que para chamar a atenção se possível fosse, até porções criaria, tornando-se mais sensual e, sobretudo evidente para auferir ser vista da forma como fantasiara. Para sua fixação e projeção, Roma tem minha atenção e admiração, porque para além de ser altamente sensual e aquecida, consegue ser resistente e duradoura.

Créditos ao meu Amigo Mario Colombo!

nada
nada

I love quiet refined sweetness of this gem. Spice at its best, not brash, not overpowering, but warm and shimmering.
It is not anything like Must.
And I think it has been discontinued, so whatever is out there, it is not a real thing. It does not have same intensity.

jessyparis
jessyparis

Roma by Biagiotti, is to me, very reminescent of Must de Cartier. Though, this mixture of woody blasamic amber scents dries down to a quite vanilly base. Very sweet still ageless.

EmiliM
EmiliM

I like to start my reviews with song lyrics.

***

Do I make you feel like Christmas time?
Put me in a party dress one time
Love me till I see the sunshine
Say you'll never leave me

Well, Roma, you definitely make me feel like Christmas time. As much as it sounds elegant and cold, to me it smells like cozy fall evenings. It makes me think of a fireplace and a blanket and cookies fresh out of the oven and a hot cup of tea. If Roma was a clothing item, it would be a burgundy woolen scarf. If Roma was a woman, she would be a mother. If Roma was a feeling, it would be happiness.

I love how warm Roma smells, like a golden glittery cloud hugging you as you walk, making you feel safe.

Planet_X
Planet_X

Its Christmas perfume, its winter perfume, its ..girl from next door perfume!! Someone who will knock to your door in pyjamas and invite herself for cup of tea)Do u love bergamot for waking up?.. I do!
Its lovely, not trivial simplicity, not usual-faceless-something
It is powdery, but if you like Armani Sensi you will understand what I mean. Its like burning logs as well, its like all those simple but NICE things we all waiting for...

Also I never saw a person, be it man or woman, who wouln't like it. All People love Christmas smells)))

So if you oriental-woody-citrusy-balmy person, give it a try I would say. Its not expensive. But its unique.

lily13ana
lily13ana

Roma starts strong and softens very fast. Is somehow similar to Dune, but behaves as a skin scent with good longevity.

athenian
athenian

I got a vintage 1 fl oz Eau de Parfum Concentre. Wow, this is so strong! Smells like pine and spices on me. Overpowering. I don't know if I like it.

Lakambini
Lakambini

I have a couple of minis of this, one of them the vintage formulation for sure. They both start off with a jarring, somewhat spicy-herbal note that could be the fragrance starting to go off, but is probably the intention of the perfumer, as can be gleaned from the various reviews here. This stage is a short one, and the fragrance develops into a muted, low-lying cloud of pleasant woody-vanilla semi-sweetness with a definite citrus character, which, however, never becomes astringent nor too lemony. Lasting power on me is close to five hours.

Its low-sillage elegance isn't something I would normally associate with the city of Rome though, despite the rather appealing classical column-shaped bottle. Aside from its obvious worth as an office scent (attending a woman in a pale, impeccable suit and gleaming hair in a chignon), I think this would make excellent signature material, if it weren't so difficult to find. I'm a Laura Biagiotti fan for sure.

SolangeN
SolangeN

A sweet amber that is at the same time transparent and fresh. No hint of "ozone" laundry or chemical musk. The mint is spearmint, not peppermint, and functions as an herbal bridge between citrus and amber elements - there is no "toothpaste" note. Perfection in any season. Purchased several years ago.

marzena.goralska.5
marzena.goralska.5

Ok, so I'm actually thinking about buying Roma but quite confused with the fact that there is old formulation which I presume doesn't exist anymore and new one that is not as good as the previous one. Also noticed there are two different packaging for Roma. Is there anyone who could clarify these things for me. I understand it's a review space but I would totally appreciate any help with that.

macheprofumo
macheprofumo

ROMA by Laura Biagiotti is a beautiful and classic perfume that reminds me of Roma the Eternal City and the Classic Italian Woman. Easily a 24/7 fragrance to be worn with resilience and confidence. I love it and wear it.

Swisa
Swisa

I love Roma, since the 90s.

Kimreu
Kimreu

The citrus blast that hits me at first spray smells like a clean sweat. You know that fresh pungent grapefruity sweat smell you get right after a good workout or jog? The not filthy but still nasty 'I need a shower' sweat...That! I think it's a grapefruit note. Also, there is a strong mint smell to add to the bite. Ironically it dries down quickly to a soft minty orange creamsicley sweetness. It's the oddest thing!! I bought this because I LOVE Venezia, so I assumed this would be similar and it's really not. Because of the opening, I originally HATED it and it was in my trash pail for a few hours, I must confess...I decided to keep trying it, rescuing it from the trash, and I'm glad I did...it's complicated and deserves some time. I like this quite a bit now. I hesitate when I reach for it because it is so complicated but the dry down is sweet and very 90's to me. It's not an easy wear for me, but worth the risk every time. I can see a gemini liking this fragrance.

valbona.bergman
valbona.bergman

this perfume is made to make you see Rome and it does work! i can see it in a cold but still sunny day, while drinking a strong esspresso , wearing something heavy and the fresh air caressing your face, while people are strolling up and down in a beautiful square.It is a strong rich perfume,spicy and warm. I still have half a bottle left, since my mother gave it to me :)

curvealert
curvealert

This fragrance is complex but very versatile; spicy yet fresh, warm but with a vibrant citrus opening. You could wear it on a summer's day but also to work in the autumn.

I'm very glad I blind bought it despite the 'kitchen sink' list of notes. Roma is a herbal, citrus oriental which has a striking medicinal note from the mint and carnation in the composition, underpinned by the strong presence of amber and myrrh.

It reminds me of my visits to Rome: experiencing la passeggiata, sitting in cafés in the early evening and drinking chinotto and Campari.

Andiamo a fare qualche vasca!

temporal
temporal

I have a recent "made in UK" version. It's a pleasantly warm yet light fragrance. It's very soft and feminine, a mild citrus note leads it from the beginning to the end. It interacts with the skin (pale ash blonde) very well, but seems to stay close to the owner. I would like it to be more vivid and long-lasting.

A bottle is enjoyable. I'm happy about this blind buy based on the reviews at fragrantica, though it's evidently different from the earlier "evening" version of "Roma", for which an advertising was produced.

Can it be, that reformulation of well-known fragrances seeks to turn evening perfumes into socially friendly (and thus, very light) day fragrances? Pity, that they fade away so quickly.

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

A true classic perfume with a roman heritage bottle design =)

Best suited for summers in a bustling city. It makes u smell elegant and yet keeping u fresh crisp smelling all day long. =)

U can follow me on YouTube @ BeautyOnSale

Inesis
Inesis

Roma makes me feel like a one fine lady, which I'm normally not. It's magic! Such a luxurious ambery goodness which even now, at summertime, is not at all too heavy.

The start is green, balmy and even a little herbal. I don't care that much about the beginning, but then comes the good part: delicious powdery amber that lasts for hours. You definitely won't have to add this stuff during the workday!

As much I really like Roma and even though it's one of the rare fragrances that can make me feel like something else, I still don't love it. It could be a bit stronger, now I don't think anyone else notices this. Might be good for some, but for me it's a little boring when a frag is just a skin scent. Thus, it doesn't earn my love, but I definitely like it very much!

RueCambon
RueCambon

It's one of my favourite...a lot of memories...an old perfume, which became a legend...love so much the bottle and smells very oriental to me, but not that strong...wearable for every season of the year and every time of the day...in one word...a legend!

Danita Verpoort
Danita Verpoort

Roma, for some unknown reason it has become a discount perfume.
It is elegant, green, fresh and a little bit oriental. The older version was more animalic and balmy.
But still a wonderful fragrance!

missdietcoke1
missdietcoke1

Oh Roma, sweet memories. It's been about 20 years I first came across Roma. Had a weekend in Italy and I swear streets smelled like Roma, they were promoting this beauty so heavily. Being 15 years old, and not knowing much about perfumes I instantly wanted to buy one. To my horror I did not have enough money left to purchase even the smalles size. The lady at the counter must have felt bad about me and gave me a vial, and I have treasured it for years. Nothing smelled better then Roma.
I am not too happy with the reformulation...Tried it, can do without it:)

opa
opa

Enjoying this beauty during last week! Gorgeous, complex, comforting and intellectually stimulating one. Detected three phases of its development very close to the description given by Cereza and I do love them all!

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

I think of Roma as a unisex scent. I get a pine forest smell, though pine is not listed as a note. It reminds me very much of the fresh, woodsy aroma of pine needles that you find when you are on a Roman hillside park, overlooking that glorious ancient city. The opening is herbal and refreshing (a little like Clairol Herbal Essence shampoo of the '70's), the drydown is rich and sensual. Very strong sillage and longevity. I recommend!

basgam
basgam

This was my first fragrance ever. Didn't know it's price, didn't know other fragrances too well, but people complemented me on it incredibly often. I guess it must have settled on my skin pretty well and some of my friends purchased the same perfume after me. I remember the smell very well and on me it was warm and chic, not citrusy at all. To me it still smells like good and sophisticated perfume, not like one of those cheap fragrances that one can find in perfume stores nowadays.

leorine
leorine

It smells like basil mostly

allegro_barbaro
allegro_barbaro

My Roma has zero lasting power and zero sillage. I have a pretty good nose for picking out notes but all I get is some momentary grapefruit zest on application followed by a barely detectable thin chypre drydown. I have been forcing myself to wear it the last month to see if I am missing something and I have decided I am.......the original formulation of course!

HopeFloats72
HopeFloats72

I hate boxwoods. The reason I hate them, beside the fact that here in the Southern US they're used in a great deal of funeral floral arrangements, is because they smell like a litter box. That smell is a smell I could live without for...ever.

However, I'm making an exception because of this fragrance and what it BECOMES...post-litter-box, attack-of-the-very-underripe-extremely-bitter-black-currant-bud opening. (The green smell is so reminiscent to me of Maxim's de Paris...just exponentially stronger and more offensive).

If I had scrubbed this concoction off at that point I would never have know what it would BECOME. Needless to say, I liked what it blossomed into, after that horrible beginning.

Once that 20 minutes of doubt passed I rather enjoyed wearing Roma, as it warmed with this wonderful ambery, incense fragrance that I've been smelling for the last 11 hours and 40 minutes! I have a great love for sandalwood and this has also been with me most of the day today-especially around the 2-4 hour mark. I love that! The patchouli is nice, but not over the top, which I'm glad for, because with the amber, vanilla and sandalwood just a hint of the patchouli is JUST RIGHT.

I liked it...but I have to admit it had to grow on me. If I had judged it from the first few minutes of wearing Roma, we would have parted ways. I am glad we didn't. Although, in the future I will try to make sure the hubby is already gone to work so I don't have to hear him going off about how bad my perfume smells!

Britt005
Britt005

i got this from my mum and she always used to wear this when she was younger. it's just a quite heavy and classic fragrance . something you would wear to a dinner but not for a day of school.
i just love the subtle smell of vanilla in it.

catsngunsnyarn
catsngunsnyarn

I LOVELOVELOVE Roma. The citrusy cinnamony powdery scent is clean, but still sweetly feminine and sexy. I've been wearing Roma since 1992.

Linden
Linden

Although the current formula is lacking some of the richness and longevity of the original, I still very much enjoy Roma. It remains a fragrance of contrasts that transitions beautifully from fresh grapefruit and soft mint in the opening to a warm, sweet-spicy base with a hint of very smooth vanilla. There's something incredibly sensual, almost intoxicating about it - a "timeless" elegance that still works its magic.

Finally, after all this time, I've managed to test Laura Biagiotti's Roma. Amongst perfume enthusiasts, this is considered one of the classics. I hear a lot about it, and even more appealing is its relatively inexpensive price tag.

First things first, Roma is unique. It is also very complex. While it did get off to a rocky start, once settled, Roma is a fragrance I can imagine myself wearing quite often. In other words, I am very pleased.

The opening was temperamental on my skin. The citrusy blend of pink grapefruit and bergamot, in addition to black currant and mint, smelt a little sweaty on my skin. It wasn't like the scent of bad body odour, but more like the way one smells after applying a sweet-scented deodorant and doing a tense workout at the gym.

Honestly, I felt so disappointed and put off by the initial 'sweaty' opening, that I had little hopes of Roma improving. Much to my surprise, Roma transformed into a smooth, slightly musky and spicy scent, which was vastly different from what I had previously experienced.

I find Roma to be perfectly balanced and well executed. It can sometimes be a little difficult to describe the way it smells, but I will try my very best. The pink grapefruit accord lingers, providing an element of juicy freshness throughout, while a musky blend of amber, oakmoss, patchouli and vanilla create a sense of warmth and sensuality. It may sound corny, but Roma, at least in my opinion, smells like a sophisticated Italian.

The sillage is quite strong, followed by excellent longevity. I never see this fragrance in Australia, but I do hope it's still being sold overseas. The packaging could do with some updating, but other than that, the scent should remain unchanged. Roma is, when summed up the Italian way, bellissimo!

mendosita
mendosita

Very summery, sparkling opening made of citrus and mint. It smells like mojito drink mixed with lemonade and champagne. Then- after about half an hour- "true" Roma is coming out. It becomes sweet, velvety with strong smell of incense. Lot's of incense combined with vanilla. Very cosy and warm. Wraps like casmere scarf. I like it a lot.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

A very unique opening; a blast of very green notes - seemed like basil and mint, even thought the basil is not listed...a clean bright green, reminiscent of summer herbal notes. From there, it developped into a very sweet fragrance, without the depth I was hoping for with the listed notes. An interesting combination, but not what I expected, and not something I enjoyed.

cleopatrasboudoir
cleopatrasboudoir

This is delicious! Soft, sweet, spicy and laden with vanilla, myrrh and sandalwood. I adore this fragrance! I happened upon an old sample and was so impressed. This smells like it should be a niche perfume. I haven't smelled the newer version yet...but judging from the reviews here, I might just try and get the vintage instead.

Lotto.Lupus
Lotto.Lupus

Very strong, but classic and stylish. Not for your everyday wear, though. Very early Biagiotti! ;-)

Cookie2
Cookie2

This has an amazing strong spicy yet feminine powdery vanilla drydown with a hint of cloves that lasts for hours. Quite intense, suitable for autumn/winter. The problem is getting past the first 45 mins to an hour in which the acrid mint in the top notes dominates and which I do not find pleasant....

cikcik
cikcik

ls this only EDT? Or is there any EDP? This is so lovely but it has poor sillage. A friend of mine , having used it many years ago, ordered again and wore it to work. We are 3 ladies in one room. We could not smell anything. lt has changed l think. Then l and my other friend tried it. lt only stayed on me though poorly. Starts with sugary citrus, goes on like peach and flower, and gets minty, then comes the adorable greenish powdery vanilla. l love the change. Wish it was stronger!!! Lasts for 2 hours. Can be a good summer scent though.

piapedersen
piapedersen

To me, this is one of the real classics. The flacon is beautiful, simple and decorative. The smell is very complex and I think it changes more than a lot of other scents, which gives the impression of mystique and sensuality. It's fresh because of the citrus notes and still a warm and deep feeling due to the woody and spicy notes. It has a very special meaning to me, because it was the first perfume my husband bought for me in the early 90es and he tells me that whenever he senses the smell he turns and looks for me. Sweet, I think ;O)

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

When I first started using this scent it was a wonderful mix of roses, bergamot and something else I could never identify (Lemon??). After a while it started to change on my skin. I hate to say this about a perfume, but it started to smell like car tires that burned?! I think my chemistry and Roma don't get along. It's a shame, because on others it smells wonderful.

Aysu
Aysu

My first Roma was from early 90s. Suppose that it was before the reformulation. Now I have it again and interestingly I like it more than before!
It could be either personal, simply change of tastes OR reformulation worked for me.. For me the only negative side of reformulation is weak staying power of the scent, previous one was incredibly dense, strong, leaves on clothes for day, and new one is definitely weaker. I used to like first one for the vanilla/amber/sandalwood drydown with powdery carnations (but it was not screaming out 80s!!) but I had to wait too long to get past of "spicy/minty" phase which I did not enjoy at all. But in new formula, powdery/vanillic dry down comes faster, and I feel vanilla is stonger in this one, so a dislike of past became a like of today for me..

Hippyhop2
Hippyhop2

This one is special... I wore this perfume when I was younger... And I don't get that old feel that some people describe...but I understand what people mean. I think you hate it or love it. A elegant, recognizable scent. I think the name Roma fits perfectly, classic and present. A sultry smell, perfect for evenings.

ivanavly
ivanavly

It's definitely a fragrance for older women. The thing I found incredible about it is that I sprayed it on a dress I was wearing one evening and a YEAR later I could still smell it on the dress - unbelievable lasting power.

rosembloom
rosembloom

A delight for the senses. I have a mini and use it sparingly but am definitely in love with this classy, fresh, intriguing and sensual fragrance. This spicy oriental seduced both men and women and all I got were lovely compliments! The acrid fuit opening is sharp to my nose (which i love!)but blends wonderfully with the floral heart and complex drydown. The amber note and patchouli are strong yet utterly feminine while the vanilla adds warmth to this gorgeous fragrance. The myrrh enchants me as it lingers xxx good day all!

krmarich
krmarich

Roma was the Italian signature fragrance-named after the capitol itself. I was able to find a mini that predates Proctor and Gamble. It inspired its French cousins to a lighter warm weather friendly trend. Yes, I was immediately reminded of Dior's Dune, yet this came first.

It opens with dark vanilla/myrrh/amber that dominates the entire composition. The florals are secondary to the civet and oakmoss. It last for hours and has minimal projection, which draws those you are with closer. It is very seductive!

The bottle is clever, if not a bit kitchy, like something you might find in a souvenir shop in Rome. That is the magic of Italy.

It was as sublime as the Eternal City itself. It was very modern as well. I imagine Anita Ekberg wearing this in the Trevi Fountain in La Dolce Vita.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

Roma is woody-ambery vanilla, it reminds me of YR Voile d'Ambre, except that Roma has got very noticeable mint and fruity blackcurrant notes. It makes me think if someone who is wearing a standard mellow vanilla-amber fragrance and is chewing on a minty gum at the same time. I'm not sure of I like Roma that much, I think Yves Rocher is a slightly better alternative (unless you want that mint!).

sally.west1
sally.west1

Loved this and Venezia in the old days of the 80's and 90's and have just re-visited Roma by buying a mini and seeing if I still like it. Yes I do! What a great smell, totally unique to me and unlike anything else - I suppose "Dune" is a little like this but this is much more complex and very warm and womanly. For winter or summer I think - luscious!

alyaa
alyaa

This is a unique fragrance that starts with a burst of mint, and in a very nice way. It then starts to mellow. I used to wear this when it came out and had completely forgotten all about it till I saw it at a discount store. I am glad I bought it

MMC

Um perfume que consegue reunir força e suavidade.Na roupa sinto patchouli,sandalo e ambar e na minha pele baunilha,mirra e um discreto toque de hortelã.Perfume que me envolve em uma nuvem delicada.Coloco uma borrifada para dormir e acordo com um cheiro maravilhoso.

Jazzy76

"Un soffio di eternità" :questo era ed è lo slogan....e riassume perfettamente lo spirito e l'essenza di questo profumo-tributo alla Città Eterna, dove sentori antichi-balsamici e guizzi frizzanti moderni si fondono in modo armonioso

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

Hi Dears,

This is amazing scent. And especially when other people say so when you are wearing it. I have not got compliments much but there are few scents I get and Roma is one of those. Other is M.Micallef Watch -time for love and third is Van Cleef First. Roma is very sexy, strong, comforting, special- meaning with her individual nature, deep. This is one of my all time fawourites too. Always got a new bottle when old one is ended up. Can`t be without. Though not always wearing... but never letting go of it. ;) ***<3<3<3***

Gekons
Gekons

The best perfume ever. I feel sensual, elegant and strong when I wear it.

3ood
3ood

i got this as a gift .. it doesn't smell like the city rome on my skin..it smells like india ..but maybe its only me ..that said ..on my friend it smelt lovely

marbre rose
marbre rose

Avevo una piccolissima bottiglia di Roma originale tanto tempo fa, negli anni novanta, comprata a Trieste. Ma quanto mi piaceva quel profumo, che ovviamente era troppo maturo per una giovane signorina che fui allora.
Non so se oggi lo potrei indossare...troppe memorie dei tempi non sempre belli.
(ragazze italiane scusate il mio italiano, questo non era che un piccolo esercizio in vostra bellissima lingua).

lapurrla
lapurrla

When applied for the first time since the 90's. If Angel's a patchouli bomb could this be called a vanilla-patchouli bomb? Rich and heady spicy mix for the vanilla oriental lover. I have a vintage boxed sample of Roma and I realised it reminds me of Krazy by Krizia. Side by side comparisons reveal they are quite different but many similar notes. Interesting to try both and I put YR Venice on the other wrist. Overloading on vanilla. Very rich mix. I feel like I'm wearing ice-cream or custard but prefer to eat. Is this gourmand then? It's delicious anyway. (Vintage boxed vial).

lyria
lyria

A delicate mint note cutting through flowery spices. Refreshing in a non-traditional, sophisticated way. Barely reminding of a medicine, however in the positive sense – just a hint. Charming, complicated and a bit “masculine” femininity.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

What the f*ck happened here?! This used to be such a lovely, warm and smooth fragrance in the 80`s, and now it`s smells like sour chemicals. HORRIFIC. Discontinue this crap please, and bring back the original!

eilismaireg

If you find this hard to get and you like it, try Armani Mania which I've noticed is VERY similar!

melbritt24
melbritt24

I wanted to love this...really! I love the name, the bottle...but the scent is much too strong and I believe its the hyacinth that creates an aldehyde feel that makes me feel nauseous.

This was a suggestion by many of you in response to my forum post request for a scent that was citrusy and spicy and smelled like Rome. I was in Rome two years ago this week and I miss the city dearly! I can not wait to have a chance to go back to Rome!

Hopefully, I will find a spicy, citrusy, Romanesque scent that my nose will love! I'm still on the hunt and open to any suggestions!

Ealing64
Ealing64

Un saluto a Jazzy76!
Finalmente qualcuno che scrive in italiano su Fragrantica... Quante siamo ragazze?
Concordo con il richiamo alla Citta' Eterna, Roma e' una fragranza quasi ipnotica, molto evocativa, mi piace indossarla d'estate, perfetta per un clima caldo.

Un bacio a tutte!

eilismaireg

This scent really smells like a 'friendly' version of Dune. It has an immediate freshness which is evidently the mint and citrus combo - this sounds gross but it's very very subtle. It smells slightly medicinal as the heart notes kick in which do smell a little like a pine woodland as the freshness is complemented by a slight spiciness. I think this perfume could be worn all year round and I would choose it as a summer oriental, personally. It's sillage and longevity are both mild and it has a comforting smell like wallflowers in a wood, which, of course, is a prominent note in Dune (wallflower).

Printeza7
Printeza7

This is such a complex parfum. I find difficult to smell the notes as individual parts. It is a great 90s fragrance, heavy fragrance, so i would recommmend it for winter time.

movs
movs

To capture the scent of Rome is not an easy task. What this perfume really has in common with the city, besides the flacon, is the golden color of Rome - from the golden liquid to the warm, brown toffee-like dry down.

I'm not crazy about the opening, which is quite fresh and almost acrid with grapefruit and myrrh. One would never expect that this fragrance would dry down to such a beautiful warm scent.
Before it settles, I also get some gasoline-like smell - not that pleasant, but of course there's also a lot of traffic in the beautiful city of Rome :-)
If you can get past the opening, you will be rewarded with the most alluring toffee scent - it reminds me a little of Obsession.
Longevity is very good.

Give it time to settle and let the magic of Rome begin.

In 3 words: WARM - TOFFEE-LIKE - ACRID

Hyponse
Hyponse

I like this one, spicy, creamy and floral. For night use. Long lasting.

Jazzy76

davvero la trasposizione olfattiva dell'atmosfera della Città Eterna...avevo il deodorante profumato e spruzzarlo era un momento quasi magico....penso che me lo regalerò di nuovo!

This will be nice on others but for me it's too fresh and lemony. At least it's pleasant and not a "bad citrus scent" that reminds of a cleaning detergent.

jasminejzhu
jasminejzhu

Refreshingly delicious with a strong citrus opening. I don't wear it out, but it always puts me in a good mood at home. Very good lasting power.

puppynose
puppynose

As long as A) I don't go nuts and DOUSE myself with this (ooops) and B) it's not my late luteal phase (oddly enough not when I'd expect heightened olfactory sensitivity but for some notes it is) I love this- and it does quickly dry down to a lingering beautiful somewhat sweet amber. Otherwise, a certain cloying rich heavy vanilla like note just drowns out all else, ruins it and actually makes me a bit queasy. So, when used with moderate to light hand, I enjoy it greatly on me. It is warm mildly sweet with the kind of amber that is both vanillic and of the rezinous spicy type- hinting at edible but not a gourmond. The floral components are not obvious but gently shape the complete fragrance picture. I have never liked Royal Secret- I've smelled many times over many years, and to me it smells cheap tacky and suffocatingly heavy, so I'm glad Roma actually does not smell the same.

For those looking for à cost efficiënt twin perfum, try Royal Secret Monteil!
Put that one on and wait 5 to 10 minutes and there you have it: Roma!

RavenDarkholme
RavenDarkholme

Creamy and powdery but sweet without being too heavy and easy to wear. I loved the bottle. Not a dayly use in my opinion but nice for special occasions.

BIG

I couldn't resist and bought myself a 25ml bottle. OMG, this perfume is so divine! It's a green-floral-creamy vanilla scent, imho. I'm strongly convinced that ROMA could be worn by a man! While ROMA Uomo isn't doing anything for me, its counterpart is truly marvelous!

BIG

THIS is what i wanna smell on my woman! I'd be tempted to use it myself!

mabler
mabler

This was my signature perfume in the late 80's/early 90's. When I heard it was going out of production, way back when, I bought 4 bottles, then I stopped wearing it because I was afraid I would use it all up. I just found out tonight that it is back on the market and can now use them again! (sorry donna karen/cashmere mist...I may use you as a backup only from now on!)

To Noor Jehan - yes, smelling the old bottle from the early 90's right now, and it does have a topnote of apples and cinnamon....but when I spray it on me it has more of a vanilla, spice, black current, musky smell)

Blimunda
Blimunda

Roma is a gorgeous powdery, warm, sexy and alluring oriental fragrance.

It opens up with light mixture of black currant and bergamot, then, my skin skips the middle notes and continues with the base notes. Oakmoss and civet give it a needed sharpness and puts it a bit on the animal, provocative side, sandalwood makes it be somehow smoky, and mysterious while the final touch of the patchouli and vanilla makes this fragrance powdery, warm and simply irresistible. It has good aura but the lasting power is quite doubtable though...

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Primo: Luckily I get hardly any hyacinth note as it is not necesserely the one I am fond of :-)

Secondo: I do not get the feel of bitterness or sourness as some of you do :-)

Tertio: The fragrance is more creamy oriental with a hint of vanilla, I do not get much spices here. If you want a spicy one, get yourself Kenzo Elephant :-)

Roma is a feminine distinctive fragrance. While I do not normally object feminine perfumes being worn by men and vice versa, I suspect that a man wearing Roma would simply smell... grotesque :-)

Roma is a glorious fragrance, I bought it in dark and for a second I had second thoughts after so many contradicting reviews I've read here. I didn't know what to expect...sourness? bitterness? choke inducing powder?
I shouldn't have feared! Roma is so calming, so romantic, so sentimental.
Nice start with lemony notes and mint makes it refreshing, senses awakening, so to speak.
Middle notes burst with florals; carnation nicely soothes jasmine and lily of the valley balances rose notes. The dry down is creamy vanilla, honestly I cannot smell civet or chypre-alike oak moss.

So what is Roma???

Roma is, what Thierry Mugler was feebly attmepting to create when working on his latest fragrance - Womanity...

Roma deserves that name better and it should be recognized as being the very essence of womanity...

I love you, Roma...

beatrix75

i love roma its a very creamy sweet cinamon kinde of fragrance vith spice and bergamot on my skin very impresiv how diferent its from person to person i reamember Itali the heat veather the exciting impozing ROm and menny ader thinks.Yes if you like hot sweet creamy fumes ...this is yours(all the days)fragrance

beatrix75

i vant to tried Roma,i want to order today hope so its so good and sweet like you say guys!!!

srimati
srimati

It was on the top 100perfumes to sniff list so I found it and thought it was different enough to buy. The first sniff was strong and I detected a synthetic scent though I might have it confused with a strong piney note but after it settled down it was quite nice. There's alot going on in it and I haven't had the chance to figure it all out.

Saltaire
Saltaire

I love it. Roma is my signature scent. I used to wear it all the time in the late eighties and early-to-mid nineties, but then I forgot about it and tried some other perfumes instead. None of those really convinced me though. I rediscovered Roma about two months ago and have worn it ever since. The opening is mainly pink grapefruit for me: very fresh and "appetizing", it always makes me want to drink orange juice. After a few hours the oriental-spicy notes remain and make me sniff at my wrists all the time.
For me it's not a "heavy" or provoking scent, only to be worn in the evenings or on special occasions. I like to wear it at work too, although I usually apply very little. It's very warm, but in a comforting way. I sure feel "special" wearing it, but never out of place.

Edit: I still happened to have one and a half bottle EdT from the early nineties when I rewarmed for Roma two months ago, so I wouldn't know if the formula has changed in recent years. The scent is still fresh and unchanged although the bottle had been opened about fifteen years ago. Amazing. I'm not giving any of it away, though. ;) I plan to wear it for the next twenty years, minimum.

MMC

Eu gosto de todas as etapas da evolução do Roma,mas para aqueles que acham ele forte ou ruim no começo vai uma dica:tenha paciencia espere e acompanhe todas as facetas dessa obra prima da perfumaria.O perfume mais romantico que eu já conheci,maravilhoso,perfeito.Amo o Roma cada dia mais.

kikinha
kikinha

It has definitely changed. I used to wear this perfume back in 1994 and it was different. I do not remember the herbal opening at all. I just got my bottle in the mail and I hated it when I first sprayed. However, after 20 minutes, the herbal note disappears and then I smell the ROMA I used to wear many years ago. It is worth to wait a little bit. I love this fragrance!

MMC

Eu uso essa maravilha,não me imagino sem meu Roma.Ele se modifica,de um começo onde se sente um cheiro bem herbal, daí vem as flores e por ultimo sinto a maravilhosa baunilha.Não sou especialista em perfumaria ,mas sei o que me agrada nesse perfume,a força inicial e o conforto final.

Cereza
Cereza

It started with lovely, bitter-smoky grapefruit, which for me was really refreshing. First I was afraid that it could turn to some kind of "air freshnerer" kind of scent, but here the grapefruit is, thank's god, diferent.
At the opening I can feel slight touches of mint, but that's it. The opening is a real "citrus" scent.
The flowers at the heart part appears very slowly, starting with very delicate carnation. Still the grapefruit and mint plays the lead role. The other flowers keep silent as I do not feel them at all. What do I start to feel? Civet and oakmoss, the perfume get's more animalistic and smoky, even a little bit sour and sharp.
I don't see this to be "oriental" or "oriental spicy". For me it's more "green" and refreshing than spicy and oriental.
I kinda like this. I don't get most of the flowers and the only thing I'm getting is smoky citruses with animalistic touch, but I can see this working for a holiday in a warm city like Roma.

Verso
Verso

One of my friends has this as her signature fragrance and I have always loved it on her. I felt for a long time that I couldn't wear it because it was "hers" - then realised recently that now we live at opposite ends of the UK I can wear it as much as I like, so bought some!

I am very new to describing perfume, so excuse the lack of technical know-how, but what I will say is that you have to give this one a while to fully express itself. I put some on this morning and was in two minds, but now, a few hours later, it's just heavenly. Rich, sultry, almost fruity vanilla... and something dark underneath. Gorgeous.

guest_ruth
guest_ruth

20 years using roma. Everywhere, i´m still asked about my parfume. It is becoming difficult to find.

moly
moly

This is such a great fragrance, not for me I'm afraid, so I bought it for my mum. It suits her perfectly and it's really comforting, warm scent.

Belil
Belil

This was my first blind buy and at frst I regreted it. The day I bought it I had a cold and a runny nose, so the opening seemed too harsh and it irritaded my nose. Then I forgot this perfume for a while and only remembered it when I had to wear something non sweet (when I am around my particular co-worker I avoid any sweet perfume). And the love story began.. Oh my, how could I didn't like it in the begining? It is so beautiful and graceful, fitting for the city of Rome. I wore it on a cold windy day for the first time, so it comforted me. Then after a week time, I accidentely smelled it on a cuff of my jacket and craved for it badly.
To me, as someone has mentioned it before, it smells of calm walks in damp pine forest, and my sad love story with long walks in a forest...

J'taime Guerlain
J'taime Guerlain

Back in Y2K there used to be a manager in one of the departments I worked in who wore this, I think it was her signature scent but she'd wear other things in between. I'd always ask her what this beautiful fragrance was and when she told me it was Roma I had to try some.

I didn't like it when I tried it, the blast was too harsh initially and I couldn't believe it was the fragrance I'd enjoyed wafting through the office. I opted for Tempora Donna instead.

Now that I'm 10 years older I would like to try this fragrance again, so I'm watching a miniature of Roma on ebay....I will update this once I receive it.

guest_tr
guest_tr

I used to wear the perfume all the time about 20 yrs ago, then couldnt find it anymore in stores. I found it again, but in eau de toilette and not the perfume oil I originally had it in. It didn't smell the same on me, but I did learn that a person's body chemistry does change over time so maybe that is why it didn't smell the same or maybe because it was eau de toilette instead

Black Butterfly
Black Butterfly

More than 15 years ago I loved this fragrance.
Few weeks ago I wanted to buy it again - and was so disappointed. I asked if "Roma" had changed, but they told me that it is still the same.

Is it?
Some of you suppose like me, that it is not.
It makes no difference, but: Does anybody know?

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

I bought this because I could not find any more Venezia by Laura Biogiotti. It smells good but it's a powerhouse of a perfume. It comes on strong and lasts until the next day. Go easy with the application, don't spritz ! It's a wonderful scent in small doses. It may react to body chemisty more than others judging from the reviews. I see that some are describing it as light.

uninco
uninco

I thought that I have to have a Parfum, named Roma, cause I Love Roma. And it is LB and rewiews are pretty nice and on the blotter it was smelling very fresh - nothing wrong can happen if I buy it ... and I've bought it, without testing... How can this awful smell be named Roma?? I'm sorry, it is just dusgusting. I feel really seek of it and I can't wash it off from my wrist. I feel terrible... I wish it could be so nice on me, like other say...

Holmar
Holmar

I wore this scent on a trip to Las Vegas in 1995.As I was going into Caesars Palace, a man tapped me on the shoulder and asked me what beautiful fragrance I was wearing. Roma is also one of my husbands favorite perfumes.I am so happy you can still buy online, I have not seen it in stores here for many years.

cloyd42
cloyd42

I never smelled the original but I like this formulation. The combination of pink grapefruit, carnation and mint is intriguing. I don't smell the vanilla but the oak moss and myrrh give it a grown-up sophistication.

guest_Kathryn 2010
guest_Kathryn 2010

Roma has definityly changed from when I first used it. Did they sell the formula to a US company?? I have bought this fragrance in Italy and it was just like the original. What's up with that? Can someone from Biagotti's company tell us what happened. Also, I used to use the body creme and poweder which was so deliciious. Is that not available anymore?

So
So

noor_jehan, sky76sky, angel73, seventh... girls, are we the only ones who seem to know that this perfume IS NOT THE SAME as 15 years ago ? I don't understand ! Nobody mentions here, on the site, that the FORMULA HAS CHANGED ! I used to love this perfume. Roma and Venezia used to be my perfumes. This was my dayweare perfume and it lingered everywhere on my skin, my clothes, my scarfs, my hair... But after they changed the fomula - a decision I never understood, just as the discontinuing of Venezia - I couldn't even stand this perfume anymore. I'm so very sorry...
Febr 2015: Well, just out of melancholia, I still bought an EDT for my collection and I must say... if you manage to get over the first "spray", the middle and base notes are superb ! Exquisite silage and longevity ! My kids adore it, my husband adores it, I adore it :-) Thank you, Laura Biagiotti

kittymoon
kittymoon

I remember the first time smelling it, it was like a revelation. I didn't know a perfume could be so velvety and powdery. I found it fresh, soapy, sweet, sexy and very powdery. Today I'm not keen on powdery perfumes anymore.

kewart

This is a wonderfully crafted, unforgettable scent.
I never fail to be moved by its opening blast of mint, blackcurrant buds and bergamot - totally stunning.
This is the perfume I waited my whole life to find! Lasting power is good and it lingers on scarves and collars long after it wears off the skin. Truly this beautiful scent lights up my life.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

This was not one of my favorites at all. Its not bad but no "Che" could I find for myself in this one! I almost forgot I used to have a bottle of this one. I used to go to Marshalls (when they were dirt cheap) and buy tons of perfume and this was one of them from many moons ago.

seventh
seventh

Deffinately not the same one as the original. Too minty, too strong but I don't think it lasts that much. I still have a huge bottle of it and Iwear it in the colder days. A little bit goes a long way. A bit more can cause headaches and could smell like a bug spray.

angel73
angel73

regrettably reformulated, so light now...
it smells too much the mint in head notes...a little perfume pleasant for summer but not unforgettable.He has not a longlasting ...

Nicole79
Nicole79

So I tryed ROMA today....I was expecting something else... i am dissapointed...a bit too minty maybe, i feel it too spicy...;(
but, i must admit that it is an intresting , kind of unique fragrance.
Update: but...the first impression it's not always the "right" one...so ...i have to test it again, give it "another chance";) bcz i can see it as a favorite , it has potential !
The bottle is so nice and i also love the color of the juice !!!
.. I want to love this perfume ...the same way i LOVE the City of Rome ;)

I smelled Roma many years ago for the first time and have worn it for short periods in-out. I think it's a beautiful intense fragrance that was very different and new at that time. Now it's a little bit too known around, but still beautiful. I preferred Venezia anyway. Roma starts with a floral opening, not very citrusy, that it's made fresh by mint, very nice! The heart is a total flowers blooming and I smell hyacinth, lily-of-the-valley, carnation and jasmin.
The drydown is sweet with vanilla and a note I can't put my finger on, but I'm sure I smelled it only in very few scents. It gives warmth and makes the whole scent creamy. Patchouli is gentle, thanksgod.
It is a beautiful fragrance, elegant, warm but not too deeply woody oriental. I wouldn't say it's an oriental spicy, rather a floral vanilla. I got tired with it after a while, but I still spray some on from testers around :D
The bottle is nice, a little bit banal for a perfume called Roma. I also like the colour of the juice.
It is strong and quite '80s in a good way. If you spray a little amount it lingers for hours, if you spary more you could kill someone.

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

This is the first Laura Biagiotti perfume I have ever tested, and truth is, I can't believe it's an 80s perfume. 80s perfumes were never so close to the skin or delicate. 80s perfumes were killer queens, they smote your enemies, stunned your friends and hung around for days after, olfactory generals winning a war against being ignored.

Incredibly, for a fragrance based on such a bed of florals, this has earned my beau's approval and mine. I still haven't worked out why...

The grapefruit/herb topnotes warm in a really elegant way. I can see why this fragrance would be named after a timeless sophisticated city, because it has a touch of the familiar in the base notes; vanilla, sandalwood, rose, amber...stop me if you've heard it before. And yet there is something subtle stopping this fragrance from becoming trite.

It's rather lovely, I think.

Helixturnhelix
Helixturnhelix

Last week a woman of the perfume store recommended "Roma" to me, as I told her the other scents I like and she couldn't be more right. I am so in love with this scent.
On my skin it opened up with sparkling citruses like drinking champagne while watching a fireworks display in a warm summernight. When they fade a warm, soft heart opens up with a gentle hint of soapyness (must be the rose) and a woody and spicy backround. To me it has a melancholy but romantic feeling, like dreaming of the woulds and coulds of a lost love. It feels like sitting outside at a distance from a party to rest and enjoy the peace of a warm summer night. As it dries down it becomes a warm and sensual scent with gentle woods and vanilla supported by a hint of animalistic notes. Smells like walking barefooded through the narrow streets of a sleeping mediteranian town. High, yelloish stone walls on each sides and the warm cobblestones under your feet searching for a small piece of sky to watch the shooting stars.

Really hard to discribe, it feels like it brings back memories of things that actually never happened. I love every second of it and I so need to own it.

Edit: Does not go well with my skin! Sadly the citruses turn into something really nasty, like rotten milk or vomit. Still like it, but only on paper. :( Had to give my bottle away.

menz
menz

I brought this online without knowing its fragrance, so at first was apprehensive as I thought it smelled more like a unisex fragrance (a litle bit like Alessandro del Aqua for men , which I do like )however over time it settled down nicely and as other members had found out , commented on their first impression and then enjoying its loveliness, YES A very fascinating and interesting fragrance., lingering on beautfully....I love it , would wear it easily for any occasion and would buy again

susieqrj
susieqrj

The very first time I tried it was on a blotter: awgn..... smelled terrible (reminded me of humid moss)
Tried it yesterday on my skin. Wonderful.
Bought it instantly.
Very oriental, the way I like!!

Mado Haddad
Mado Haddad

I brought myself a sample of Roma months ago& I expected to like it (based on the reviews I read)..
Well,when I first sprayed it I couldn't handle it, I didn't even wait for it to dry down &washed it off..
Today,I was going through the perfume samples I had forgotten & decided to give Roma another shot.. I sprayed very little of it& this time waited a bit & I didn't regret at all.
It smells so divine , so sexy & so unique , I never smelled anything like this before.. This will definetely turn a lot of heads :)
I loved wearing it in the Summer, but only in dry weather. Humid kills it for me

sky76sky
sky76sky

I was given Roma many years ago & remember loving its warmth & grown-up feel. I now own a mini....but the scent, as I remember it is a little changed.

The first 10 mins for me are not pleasant! I used to remember a rich fruity-citrus start with a woodsy herbalness. This time I get a tiny glimpse of this before I get civet, civet, civet! :(

I persevered (put my arm under a cushion) & then I was greeted by the more familar, rich, warm, spicy carnation, smoothed with vanilla & gentle flowers. As Roma develops it keeps getting creamier & more powdery with a bitter, depthy twist (patchouli & moss make this a real woman's perfume).

Underneath, there is a hard cold-slate smell - this is not at all unpleasant! Roma is like a big, rambling, tumbling down mansion from a by-gone era. There are vines with berries, flowers growing in dappled light, a dusty bunch of carnations in an old crystal vase, rich burgundy velvet chairs that smell of wood & powder, & a hint of the strange feral creatures that once made a corner their home...but overall there is the scent of the sun beating down on the bone-dry masonary.

The best bit about this perfume is that it keeps you guessing - it is always subtley changing. In the end I smell only the finest ivory soap & a trace of very herbal amber. A perfume with a distinct voice & full of elegance.

lillybee
lillybee

I find it refined, elegant yet warm and rich. Modern and classic at the same time. A fragrance I discovered how carnation can be done nicely, just a touch of darkness with a hint of spice. I like the woody - vanillic part too. Although it's been done many times before, the drydown of Roma isn't too harsh like that of Shalimar, it's like a whisper and more sweet than woody. There's only a tiny hint of what I think might be the civet or the amber? A kind of plum compote that's gone slightly sour? The most approachable of them great orientals.

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

Roma is hard to review.It is an important perfume of its generation.Well structured,expensively based,correctly marketed,it is no wonder it is still around 20 years later.Still I don't like it.

I find it tiresome and somehow confining.It evokes a sense of melancholy.The depression of a lost chance.

Like having a bitter liquer in Trastevere and remembering all your lost loves of the past.

Zocha
Zocha

I'm a big fan of Biagiotti's fragrances and all of them bought without testing! as in this funny country I live testers of less popular fragrances are not to be found.
And Roma is another success of LB.
The opening ingredients play around so nicely, while you almost succeed to distinguish one another comes along.
After a long while the composition settles into a beautiful, warm and powdery, feminine fragrance.
It's kind of mysterious like the streets of old Roma and you need an appropriate outfit for this fragrance I think, a t-shirt and jeans would be a profanation.
When I close my eyes and explore the development stages I can "see" the history of the eternal city: Roma - exceptional city, exceptional fragrance, love it!
Long lasting and rather intense thus not to be overdosed.

solocha

A very elegant perfume. This time it is much sweeter on me than before. The beginning is mostly pink grapefruit with flowers. The prevailing note is an untypically powdery, comforting scent of doll head, a bit plastic-key, but this doesn't have to be a synthetic note. It can easily be quality ingredients. In the middle is jasmin surrounded by other flowers as if in a bouquet placed in the summer shade. The end is more woody, smells like pine forest. It is lasting and strong but not offensive. I will wear it in the colder autumn, although some may choose it for summer days. It has also certain aromatherapeutic, calming quality. I wouldn't recommend it to too young women, and if so, then they should be dressed smart or feminine - frills, shirt, suit, broach, even hat.

guest_gonzy
guest_gonzy

Addicted to Roma for about 13 years and do not bother looking for something else. This is my fragrance!!!

defne
defne

suits the fair skinned ladies, all the layers come out in a comforting way.Definitely for winter

Enchant
Enchant

This scent is very comforting to me. From the moment I smell it I go into this meditative state of bliss. The warmth of the vanilla is wonderful. I think it also has a sexy edge to it too. Sometimes when I walk by the perfume I have to pick the bottle up just to smell it. It's just so lovely. I will always have this one in my collection from now on!

Elegant, layered, refined. This is a wonderful oriental with a few different notes to keep it ahead of the usual pack of orientals.

eskarina62
eskarina62

a woman feels so special when wearing Roma
it's as if the spirit of the ancient city has flown out of the bottle
romance, love, eternity and...
seduction

I simply LOVE it!!!

Helene
Helene

Very sensitive and rich perfume! Special for me

kokica
kokica

...this is ''the powdery'' scent in its purest form...fantastic,warm,very sensual...it reminds me of Greece,tangerines,sea,summer.....
the drydown is silent and powerful, it is very hard not to recognize this scent...I remember when I was working as a student, and me and my friend were cleaning offices, there was this office that smelled divine...like a scent of furniture soaked in precious oils, a hint of orange and ancient spice,I was enjoing it for a long,long time....and was in love with this soft,cloudy feeling of feminine wormth...much later I discover that the lady working there wore Roma.....love it,love it!!!

mariesthlm
mariesthlm

this is one perfume that melted well into my skin and left a warm scent in the air. it´s blend is woody but yet light and comforting to wear. a perfume for autumn and winter in my mind. I even wore the for men version of this for evenings, it works really well for women too.

solocha

I tried this and at a certain point during the day I was in a crowd of people and suddenly a smell of a fresh Christmas tree bark sap came to my nose and I was looking what it can be or who can smell like that. It was my wrist I think, there's definitely pine trees.

PR
PR

Vicalena , your description is incredible, very unique vision or may I say feel of a scent. I've never tried Biagiotti 'Roma' before, but I'll be looking for it now

Sensuos
Sensuos

It is a verry pleasant fragrance ... calm and...though strong! It gives me a verry good feeling of confidence!
It is somewhere between sweet and spicy but in a verry pleasant way...

F_A
F_A

For me Roma - a pine smelling fragrance. Reminds me of walking in the pine forest by the sea on hot summer's day....

Natalia78
Natalia78

Always wanted to have this perfume and have only decided after reading your reviews.
It's a quintessence of Woman.
Delicious and dreamy fragrance.

Suseken
Suseken

I agree with noor_jehan
A classic fragrance,I like it again ;@)

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

I love Roma, it's a very suitable perfume for wandering around a city like Roma. :) It's very womanly, but not very strong. However, it won't go unnoticed. It has a confident vibe about it and it sparkles with bergamot. I'm definitely getting some animalistic notes from this that are a little too strong, but softens up as it dries down. It's beautifully blended and great for dry summer weather.

kewart

I always thought Roma had blackcurrant leaves amongst its top notes?
Anyway, ikt's the initial blast that gets me every time. It's a real winner in my book.

noor_jehan
noor_jehan

i am kind of rediscovering roma again using it for the past few days. i still find it exciting, sensual and special. i like the vanilla-like drydown which i can still smell hours after applying. and the bottle, for me it is one of the most elegant.

but if someone remembers roma from the begining of 1990's, was it without atomiser, and somehow in my memories it smelled a bit more fruity (it reminded me then of apples and cinnamon, which are not among the notes :)). am i right?

2007