Designers » L » Oriental Woody « Groups

Roma per Uomo Laura Biagiotti for men
dislike

I have it: 451 I had it: 310 I want it: 246 My signature: 14

Roma per Uomo Laura Biagiotti for men Videos
Roma per Uomo Laura Biagiotti for men Pictures Roma per Uomo Laura Biagiotti for men Pictures Roma per Uomo Laura Biagiotti for men Pictures Roma per Uomo Laura Biagiotti for men Pictures Roma per Uomo Laura Biagiotti for men Pictures Roma per Uomo Laura Biagiotti for men Pictures

Roma per Uomo is a fragrant tribute to those elegant, but seductive men that can only be found in the eternal city, Rome. Strong and fresh notes of grapefruit and basil are mellowed by cedarwood and sandalwood, while amber and resin give off their warmth and sensuality. Top notes include grapefruit, basil, bergamot and galbanum. Heart note; jasmine, heliotrope, juniperberry and balsam fir. The base is composed of cedarwood, patchouli, sandalwood and benzoin. It was launched in 1995. The nose behind this fragrance is Annick Menardo.

Galbanum Basil Grapefruit Bergamot

Derby Club House Belmont

Roma per Uomo Fragrance Reviews

GustaveTheNose
GustaveTheNose

I remembered this one after smelling Belmont Derby club from Armaf , my father had a bottle of Roma per uomo in his collection and I remember how potent it was, the scent is still stuck in memory. It had a strong orange bergamot smell that you cannot miss, mellowed down by vanilla, that's all I could figure out growing up to this smell.
It is one of few frags that smell of bergamot and oranges but still very masculine. Enormous projection too.

sasa.ss
sasa.ss

citrus, subtle amber, honey... beautiful and pretty linear perfume which lasts about 4 hours, it has one of the most natural scents I've experienced

hsuru4u
hsuru4u

very faint scent. creamy and close to the skin-not what i expected- maybe my bottle was bad?

dorchild

Tenderforce

احب هذا العطر ,, رايق وجميل ومميز .. كان عندي عام 1997

samlovefragrance
samlovefragrance

Roma per uomo is a very likable, warm mediterranean scent that really mirrors the warm temperament of the eternal city, with a beautiful basil note, sweetened with vanillic benzoin, heliotrope and jasmine.
It's got lovely curves and soft edges() yet a green herbal undertone of pine and a touch of galbanum. The effect is very comforting, the same vibe as the delightful Dior's "Dolce Vita".
Not very layered, rather a straight up sunny Italian composition, quite cute:)

scent: 7+/10
longevity: 5/10
sillage: 6/10

gilmourand
gilmourand

Interesting fragrance for warm weather, the most striking resemblance for me is oleander ... not listed anywhere in the dominant notes. Is it masculine enough ? Not a typical masculine flavor, kind of a strong floral note, but definitely a very original mediterranean note.

Planet_X
Planet_X

I enjoy wearing Roma pour Uomo and it is almost more likeable to me, than feminine version, that I also love and own for many years. Its effortlessly chic, relaxing, soft, creamy, smooth, the softest and creamiest pine tree with juniper, by the way. From the first spray it is like..buttery, if you understand the comparison. Whether that balsam's of fir with benzoin contribution, but the blend is absolutely gorgeous. Projection and lasting time is very good as well.
To me it is not similar with Minotaure by Paloma Picasso, (also big like of mine) its probably goes in same direction, but they are not like kids from same mother and father anyway. Minotaure is sharper, more herbal and dry-frutier, Roma is again, - soft, creamy, woody - due to pine and cedar.

SirMasterpiece
SirMasterpiece

And it lasted 2 days...

Well, hello there stranger! You are curious about this perfume? Say no more.

From the begining Roma starts warm, smooth and most important caring. Caring? Yes...you read that right! How? Well, that's the real magic of this perfume, everytime you smell it you feel like some white, delicate hands on your face. An angel? No. It's just the magic powder you get after you really feel Roma. For me, personally, honest it's almost the same from start to the end. But did I mention that's something wrong? Not at all...but it could be a little better on this side. I'm not into sweet perfumes but I feel this in another category and that is the mood that you feel sure on a date and you know that everything will come as it needs to be.

Mhm, when to wear this? In the afternoon, when you can see the sunset while you are at a vintage restaurant with side view to feel and see the sun when you and your love share the same feelings! This perfume is the bridge between you and her. It's not to strong, it's not to weak, it's just for her nose, not others. She needs to feel it, to know that you are there for every second beside her. Remember the care I mentioned earlier? Here's the perfect moment! Just take Roma a chance and maybe you will feel as I felt when I first sniffed it :-).

8.5/10

Knife2

Hello all you balloon poppers! I was a bit severe in my (first) review of Roma, I confess. Decided to give it another go after quite some time. I almost threw the bottle away earlier! Well, I still find the opening notes of pine and citrus to be not right in my alley. However,it does get better after a while. The key is to not overspray or those notes will become almost suffocating. I get the best out of Roma when I layer it with Axe Africa, those 2 work very well together. UPDATE: I never thought Roma would become one of my fave scents, but it did after quite a while...

joe38
joe38

A classy men's fragrance!
I personally am glad that even today it's available days of perfume.
Even if only one treadmill - called "light" - versions !!!
At the time of publication there was a "freak" among the scents that time!
Almost smell went against the trend in the 90s!
But more striking and more unique phenomenon in itself was a civilized way!
I think in today's world begins to come alive when a "retro" feeling great fashion and may pass this veteran fragrance for today's fashion world perception and an occasional perfume last!
I think it is from the original release and now is 10 / 10 !!!
The revised version I think is slightly underperform, but it is still a "bright spot" in addition to today's fragrance !!
Heritage Classic!

agonista
agonista

It's just impossible to dislike this scent...aroma seems to be very familiar but it's really unlike any other fragrance....it's soft, pleasant but also deep , long -lasting, warm .... like the best balm that soothes pain and brings relief. It is not the perfume that is needed to seducing or giving some splendor for user...it is perfume that shows -quite simply-the scent of beauty.

matej.jedvaj
matej.jedvaj

it's simple, not overpowering, smells clean, you get the feeling like freshly washed in the best fabric softener in the world :) at the end it's close to skin and really sweet....besides d&g's the one, this is a true gentleman, very cary grant like feel ;)

and the bottle is cool

all in all, very addictive scent

one of my favorites

daniel.shephard bertie
daniel.shephard bertie

WHAT A NICE SMELL!.

fostermd
fostermd

This is a perfect example of a perfume that has a very misleading name. There is actually nothing wrong with Roma Uomo but when compared with Roma the name leads one to believe that this is just a masculine version of the Roma, which is marketed as a perfume for women. Since I love the smell of Roma and then tried Roma Uomo and it was not remotely like it, I was annoyed. I was expecting, and wanted a more masculine version of Roma. Why can't these perfume houses do this when they have a men's and women's version of a perfume with the same name? If they are not remotely alike, would it just not make more sense to call it something completely different? Really the whole thing went wrong when someone got the stupid idea to start arrogantly assuming that he or she had better sense of taste than the consumer and would decide for him or her which perfumes men should wear and which women should. Think what would happen if everyone decided for himself what he wants to wear! Apart from this perfume being too citrusy, with pine, which I do not like in any fragrance at all, and lacking sweetness, I do not find it warm at all. I fine it green, piney, and cold with no musky warmth or floral sweetness. Even the cedar and sandalwood are most certainly from the synthetics sandaxol, sandela and cedral. It does go on strong and has great sillage, there is no wearing this one discreetly. And it does last quite a while. With all that said, it is not a terrible perfume, but not at all animalic or floral, so the only thing that could make it worse for me would be to add lavender, and an oceanic, fresh, sporty notes. So if you are looking for a dry, woody, aromatic perfume with hints of pine and juniper then this is worth trying but if you are at all expecting something similar to Roma then forget it, the name is the only similarity.

marcelo.ignatz
marcelo.ignatz

Top excelent , remind diesel plus plus and minotaure but is much better and complex

Knife2

The very sharp and synthetic lemon in Roma kills all the other notes, making it rather more resemblant to a detergent than Paloma Picasso's wonderful Minotaure. I washed this of me after a while as it was irritating my throat and nose, it is that pungent. Projection and longevity is really good though. Scent-wise Roma falls well short of Minotaure who is more unique, warmer, sweeter, fruitier and overall a superior scent.

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

A good Parfum. Warm,sweet,romantic... relax me. The benzoin ago backdrop to all the other notes in a perfect way. A perfume indicated more for fall according to my taste .. has a moderate sillage and longevity on me lasts 6-7 hours. I like the drydown, thick and creamy .. a delicious perfume.

Sillage: 7.5/10
Scent: 8.5/10

Overall: 8.5/10

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

This fragrance made me sticking to a man even if he wasn t at all my type of guy i find sexy. For one night haha it was okay. Lucky him. :)

Nexxai
Nexxai

I really really REALLY REAAALLY like this fragrance. The smell is really good and everything else is above average, at least on my skin.

Was a blind buy and definitely a good surprise

My personal score is: 8.5/10

boruvka44
boruvka44

This is sweet like memories (however stupid it sounds:) classical 90´s.
My husband said it was too sweet, so i started to use it, satisfied.
It could be easily labeled as unisex these days - sweeter than the female version, but in fact, who cares.
Roma Uomo doesn´t smell very original, either deep. It´s not for evening intellectual conversations. It´s more like lazy summer holiday. Soothing, soft, sweet and easygoing elegant.
What i remember from my youth, from resorts in south of Europe - warm summer breeze brings this beautiful melange: blooming hibiscus bushes and other flowers, fresh fruit from local market, pine forests, blazing rocks, cafés and pastry shops with piles of quality ice cream, all kinds of nuts dipped in honey; all that mixed with the smell of beaches - tan oils and lotions, evening relax and fun on the promenades, full of nice smelling dresses and drinks, hotel rooms with clean beddings...
Same as summer holiday - the enchantment of RU won´t last forever. It has a little bit chemical vanilla - benzoin base, that reminds me of vanilla candles (but most modern fragrances are much worse)
The male notes are very gently represented by basil, juniper and cedar. The grapefruit fades within minutes and then comes barely perceptible, velvety bitter galbanum.
The base smells with soft sandalwood and sweet benzoin (maybe too sweet).
Pleasant woody-vanillic-resinous aroma.
Longevity on my skin is not worth a mention, but it lasts all day on cotton.
It´s kitchy and plain, but I find it "lovely". It gives me flashback, it triggers a scenery. I love when perfumes do that.

Molko
Molko

I used this fragrance some couple of years ago as unisex. It's enjoyable pleasant fresh sweet juice. Suits to shy, modern young boys or girls. It's too soft and I miss a little tricky and wildness, but it's enough good in warmer weather or spend a lazy day with/in Roma:)

bungocharo
bungocharo

It's a very unique fragrance. It's something that I like to sniff. But it's not something that I wouldn't want to wear everyday.

How does it smell like? I think it smells like going to a lovely pasticceria after a good dinner meal in Italy. It smells like...Tiramisu + Stracciatella Gelato!

That's why it's something that I like to sniff, but I wouldn't want to wear it myself :)

yarks
yarks

Mine is not the popular opinion, but I'll describe it to the best of my ability. What I like about this cologne is the incredibly sweet, candy-like feel. If you love sugar coated gummy orange slices or orange cream sorbet, a whiff of this will undoubtedly give you a rush of dopamine. It's the most artificially flavored men's fragrance I have ever come across, and it is as comforting as a fresh blanket from the dryer. What I don't like, however, is very similar to what I like about it- it's a candy-coated concoction and just doesn't really feel like a scent I want to be known for. It's the least complex cologne I've ever tried, particularly since it simply cannot evolve. If the top notes are divine to you, you'll probably not care about its relative stagnation. However, I just don't find this a good scent to have on my skin. Maybe to refresh a room, but not as a social enchancer. But hey, that's just my opinion. Sillage and projection were kinda mediocre on me, but it does last. I give it a 2.9/5. Smells superb for a potential Febreeze fragrance.

PGHChris
PGHChris

A pretty unique fragrance - especially here in the USA. I don't know anyone else who wears this, and I'm fine with that. This is a very good, almost year-round fragrance. There's some citrus and fruit, along with some sweet resin (maybe vanilla?) and wood. Again, here in the States, you will not find too many people who wear this. A great scent, and one of the most versatile in my collection.

X-hot
X-hot

One of my favorite fragrances.. 8.5/10

maysa2
maysa2

who is the nose behind this romance frag?

Bbjr
Bbjr

Smells like an orange dreamsicle and I love orange dreamsicles. Probably oversimplifying but this is a great male scent despite being a gourmand. The added spice from woody base notes make this work perfectly. Both the vintage and reformulation smell great but the vintage lasts longer.

AZJeff
AZJeff

I don't remember if I've tried this on years ago in the stores or not.? I recently obtained a sample of this to try out. It smells both sweet and spicy. I like it because of that. The sweetness isn't cloying either. So, where is this sweetness coming from? I did look into this further and even started a thread the "men's" area of the Club. I think the floral notes of Jasmine and Heliotrope(which I've rarely heard about and smells similar to Vanilla) are what's causing the sweetness besides Benzoin which is a type of resin. I was also perplexed by this having spice notes in it until it occurred to me that "Basil" is a spice even though lots of times referred to as an herb. I think maybe Juniper, Cedar and Patchouli may play a part in the "spice-like" aroma even though they aren't spices. This fragrance smells classy and it's one to enjoy in the day or night in the Fall and Winter.

FlirtBoy
FlirtBoy

for me this is a dinner with my lady in italian restaurant on the beach at the sunset while ocean breeze is gently waving our hair (to me it smells very "italian" in its way and bring back memories of Italy almost instantly)...elegant, fruity, nonchalant and sweet yet versatile enough to be worn by any age group (as Rhonoray mentioned)...and yes, it´s a bit similar to Minotaure and seems to be predecessor of Hugo Boss Bottled (but Roma is much about citruses while HBB is spicy apple-pie frag:)... 8.5/10

RHONORAY
RHONORAY

Everyone else can break it down. This gets a ton of compliments, can be worn by any age group (my son and my nephew love it) yet it's mature enough to be worn by a grey hair like me. Attractively pleasant. Hows that for being pithy and getting to the bottom line. You don't have to spend a ton to smell great!

Pete89
Pete89

Another 'Italian stallion'! There's something about these Italian fragrances which is just so seductive. Another favourite is mine is Moschino Uomo (check that one out if you haven't!). Anyway, back to Roma Per Uomo. It opens up very fresh with a citrus/orange smell and is joined by a woody/green smell in the mid and basenotes. Masculine, but not macho. Popular, but still unique.

The fragrance is from 1994 but it stands the test of time without any problem. Roma is a true classic which brightens up my day whenever I get a whiff of it. Perfect for the office. Good for all-year round use. Amazing as a compliment-getter (I had many). Conclusion: an affordable, versatile and superb-smelling addition to any collection!

Santiago
Santiago

quite common in italy, this is a good quality scent. it smells like "sweet oranges", in a good sense.. elegant and versatile, can be used at daytime and night; it has class. there's something in this scent that reminds me of the 90s.. anyways i think this better suits people above 25.

rejmond
rejmond

This is a very special and unique scent.A beautiful and elegant smell,perfect for those romantic moments.I love it ...

OneRedRose
OneRedRose

My best blind buy ever. I had read reviews about it and how other people described the scent. Bang on. Great scent! :)

My own view..... Very elegant and classy, gentlemanly, fresh cool aquatic citrus, sensual and suave. Like eating a refreshing orange sorbet at the beach but not as sweet. Great scent!

missu1111
missu1111

I absolutely love this on my husband. It's a warm scent, sweet in a very masculine way.

kizz_man
kizz_man

Not my type! but we can't deny this one, especially that it is coming from old school.
- Roma per Uomo and Minotaure relatives and carrying the same genes .

Rank : 2.8/5

thief of hearts
thief of hearts

warm sweet and delicate. hope to create similar romantic memories to those I've read about here.

anna.dkr5

I've bought a 75 ml bottle. :)

anna.dkr5

The first time I laid eyes on this beautiful and evocative bottle, I was in my teens, during the 90s. My best friend and I used to sample perfumes at our local Sephora on Saturday afternoons. I remember being captivated by this bottle and its colours. I wondered what it smelled like, but then I noticed that it was for men, and felt too embarrassed to even touch it (heh... it's ironic, as most of the fragrances I now own are marketed toward men). Since then, I never sampled this juice again, until I recently decided to blind buy a small bottle of it. Not only had I read loads of positive reviews of Roma per Uomo, but I felt that it was about time for me to purchase this beauty, whose concept I had been infatuated with for over a decade.
I have a little of this juice left in my bottle, and I'm seriously considering buying it again. Grapefruit, orange, and benzoin are definitely the main players in this fragrance. I also detect a faint accord that reminds me a bit of incense. I'd stopped wearing it for a while, because I'd grown a bit tired of the benzoin accord. However, this is really a gem. If you love it, it can easily be a signature scent. A couple of light sprays, and you're pretty much set. This is not a sillage monster, unless you overapply. If you do, it WILL become cloying. Roma has personality, but doesn't need to shout to be noticed. Longevity is good, even longer on clothes. This is a timeless aroma that gently exudes strength and class. Definitely unisex.

eliweisz
eliweisz

Tried it this morning. Mixed feelings: the opening is very pleasant and warm, packed with smooth citrus. Then it transforms into something more complex (flowers!) but far less powerful. Drydown is very close to the skin, and it's a pity - sandalwood is really beautiful here. Moderate longevity, disappointing sillage. Probably it's my body chemistry, but I'll go for something else.

Errol the Flynn
Errol the Flynn

Roma is wonderful. Originally bought this scent back in the 90's and wanting to recapture my youth I bought a 125ml on ebay. It is how I remember. Very exotic and spicy and lasts all day. Very powerful and top class scent. Women love this scent, very Italian and a true classic. Highly recommended.

dessso
dessso

Very versatile perfume on my skin, in the winter I smell more sweetness like vanilla / benzoin, but in summer I smell more citrus like grapefruit and bergamot, always very balmy. Good quality, I tried the flankers too but this one cannot be beaten by them. Longevity and sillage are decent and better than the other Roma Uomo versions.

anna.dkr5

@Nada: according to my personal tastes, it is.

marko.tiution
marko.tiution

it is a very very good fragrance!! if you are at least 25 years old you should buy it. it a typical man fragrance. I recommend it for men, NOT for boys

Watt-de
Watt-de

Very comfortable light, non offensive and bit soapy scent what I can wear no problem from time to time. It is not artificial wich is a good thing to me.

nada
nada

Can anyone tell me if uomo is as good as donna???

Cassiano
Cassiano

This was one of my first international colognes, together with Quartz Pour Homme and Café Café. And brings me great memories, as my first job, when I was still a boy of 17 years old, wearing social clothes and starting the "grown up" life style.

Roma Uomo is a delight, which opens with galbanum, basil and grapefruit, jumping to a delicious heart of jasmine, heliotrope, pine and juniper to then, get to its creamier base of sandalwood, patchouli and benzoin. The result is a creamy, sophisticated aroma that evokes the richness and elegance.

More than to find an occasion to wear it, the important thing is to find the perfect state of mind to sustain it.
Beautiful creation!

hadrian
hadrian

It was a privilege and it is still a pleasure to meet you, LB’s Roma Uomo!
Such a great perfume – and equally great is my regret that I discovered you just recently, just a couple of years before these lines are written.
How could I be so sightless? Where were my senses?
Roma Uomo is a colorful combination of citruses and sweets. It’s enthusiastic and joyful. It is a mature scent, but emanates the spirit of the Latin youth. His sweetness is not the Mugler’s or D&G’s one – but is that kind of aroma that will describe a city and his gents.
Of course, you may like it or not – is just normal.
My advice is to taste it. At least a few of you will adore it.
A deserved 9+/10

osiris5
osiris5

LB Roma per uomo among all perfumes I know, is a outstanding masterpiece.
It is elegant, sophisticated and prudent. Its like Rome itself impressive and yet it is friendly.
It starts with a fresh citric scent with a trace of the incense you can smell in the many churches of Rome.
In the heart it is like the scent of the the old Roman monuments with some green nuances and jasmine.
At last it is like a oriental scent with the aromas of Italian food served in the evening. In the base there is sandalwood and patouchli. It is really a special perfume.
It doesn't smell chemical like some modern perfumes like CK. Its a real Italian perfume which is really extremely long lasting for EDT.
It is really one of the best.

How good and nice a perfume can be depends on its ingredients. That is something I discovered just reading the sticker on the bottom. It says: natural spray * vaporisateur. When I looked at some perfumes that I have and that are for more than 80% natural, I was surprised that Laura Biagiotti Roma uomo had the same description. So now I know for sure that most ingredients of this great perfume are natural because this is an official product contents remark in the EU.
Yes I wondered already before I discovered this that this perfume smelled so natural. Wow what a masterpiece.
( The other Roma perfumes don't have this remark btw)

Antares811
Antares811

One of the best male scents. I love it on a man :-)

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

This is absolutely no mainstream fragrance. It's very different and I have not smelled anything similar.
It's my bf's signature scent and it smells really good on him. Also projects strongly and has great longevity on him.
It's a wonderful sweet scent with a fresh twist.It's balmy, creamy and well rounded. No sharp edges at all.
Unique!!
Definitely unisex as well, I'm wearing it right now. However I do find this to smell better on my bf. Not that it smells bad on me, it just smells different and better on him ;D

anna.dkr5

This is awesome. I literally waited years, nearly a decade, before I decided to buy this one. The bottle alone mesmerised me, but the positive reviews about the scent finally convinced me to try it. This is a true gem. So well-blended, yet I can distinguish most of its notes. Longevity is moderate, and it can last for days on clothes. It's also inexpensive, and could easily be unisex. It's sweet but not overly so. However, if you're not into sweet fragrances, I'm not sure you will appreciate this. It's not loud, so I find it hard to believe it could offend anyone's nose (unless oversprayed). It's a comforting and classy scent.

ian85
ian85

Masterpiece.
It reminds me a sailing cruise around Elba, Ishia, Ventotène, Ponza, Gianuttri, Procida near Napoli... Soft and addictive, Orange and vanilla with a creamy side. It smells happiness and civilization through thyrenian sea's port of call... Bravo, 10 / 10

Je viens de me procurer celui-là : effectivement un délice, et je vois bien le coucher de soleil, l’air est encore chaud avec les agrumes, mais on sent la douceur nocturne en embuscade, dans ce fond crémeux et vanillé... La soirée sera belle, les gens charmants et l’on entendra au pied des terrasses le léger ressac de la Méditerranée... Exquise Italie, à la faveur d’une escale en mer Thyrénienne... Bravo, 10 / 10

Cire
Cire

Having worn & loved Due Uomo, I decided I'd go for Roma without trying it. Bang! It hit me from open to close as if we had been best friends for long. From spraying time to retiring time, this boy is active i tell you. Many a person I work with always have a good word upon it, talk of strangers tapping you on the shoulder to ask you what you're wearing, this boy follows me all the time without being dominative cause, "Come On" I'm the boss at the end of the day right?, right!

Would I seek his services again?, hell yes! On me, this chap has it all in terms of duration, projection and sillage. We make a pretty good team I say.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

ROMA is a pure delight. It is soft and sweet, I love it! For a Sunday afternoon stroll, perfect.

Guest_Jackson Spines
Guest_Jackson Spines

This is a new "love" for me. Had I known how nice this fragrance really was, I would have tried it long ago. It's very different as far as men's scents go. Not heavy or macho or spicy, which is what you usually find in men's cologne. Instead, this one is fresh, creamy, smooth and sweet. The smell reminds me of an Orange Creamsicle! It really is a delicious fragrance. Some men may not want to smell like this. If you like the typical men's scent, you probably won't care for this one too much. I always look for something different and unique in each fragrance I try and this one passed with flying colours. Very pleasant and very special indeed!

EauDeBaldy
EauDeBaldy

I got this as a gift ( from Italy )...It's not easy to find here in the States.

In short, its nice, soft, subtle and sweet ( very spring/summer )

But the longevity is very very minimal for me. I would say maybe within 2 or 3 hours and it's faded (Could be because its so light to begin with, I dont know )

But, I did hear, like some others have said, It's a big fragrance in Italy, alot of the men there wear it.

A family member is who got it for me, after they smelled it on some passerby locals in Venice.

easyboy82
easyboy82

This is my favourite fragrance, it still is extremely popular here in Italy (where you can find it in any selective perfumery shop and where it is priced more or less as any other high end cologne) and there are good reasons for this popularity and longevity on the market. It is sweet, warm and sweet. Creamy. And at the time of its creation there were not so many sweet frangrances for men around as nowadays. Many of the fragrances of this type put on the market in the last years tend to be strong, seductive in a very bold kind of way, they are fragrances for a night out on the disco floor, they catch the nose but they lack subtlety. Roma Uomo is not like that. It is elegant. Very elegant and soft. It's the perfume for a gentle, romantic man, it is *very* seductive but in a subtle, velvety, charming, kind of way.If it was a dressing style it would be a casual chic outfit. It is just perfect for a man in his late 20s and 30's, but it really can suit any age and any dressing style from casual chic up to nearly formal. I use it in every season, but it gives the best in autumn and winter. It is good for daytime use, charming for evening wear. Just perfect.
Bottle: nice, the idea is a roman temple at the sunset.
Longevity: good.
Zodiacal signs I think it would be particular good for: sensually sweet tauruses, romantic cancers, charming lybras.

ComaSaan
ComaSaan

suitable for a 30 years and above gentleman. Its citrusy and floral. I regret buying this.

carolien1978
carolien1978

This parfume is very nice on my loved one! It's warm, elagant and gentemen-like....just like him. It brings back the good energy fibes ;-) It also reminds me of our holiday's together when we didn't have kids yet. So, that's why parfume to me is very wonderful. It can really take you in " another world "

Jimmy Raynor
Jimmy Raynor

Easy to get where I live. Got this for cheap (€30 for 75ml). First I only got creamy oranges with a grapefruit opening on a woody vanilla dry down. Recently I have been sensing more and more basil in the frag.

So this smells quite synthetic. It opens with grapefruit and citrus together with basil. The basil stays in the middle and some vanilla enters, very creamy and fruity. The dry down is a pleasant vanilla woody composition. I'm not too experienced so I cannot comment on the subtle notes in the composition.

For the price it's excellent. Longevity is moderate and I'm unsure about projection.

Haven't received any compliments yet but a lady friend testing colognes at my home found it one of my best ones.

Surprisingly it works in the summer, cuts through hot summer days pretty well without becoming cloying.

orestes
orestes

One of my favorite fragrances ever,like minotaure &212vip men,unfortunately discontinued now as minotaure

davutdeniz
davutdeniz

I have been using since 1994, İt is a wonderful parfume. it smells very good. But İt is difficult to find all places.

spc1969
spc1969

My fabourite scent. I have worn this as my signature sent since 1997. I love how fresh it smells but then as the day goes on it is warm and inviting. Women love the smell on men...what more can I say?

jgirgar
jgirgar

Creamy Orange Cake wearing a veil. I generally don't write reviews right off the bat and I wanted to wear this a few times before I really understood it. This is actually a very beautiful fragrance and I love it's light, creamy, limoncello-like quality. This scent wears well and lasts for hours. I see myself in an all white house with blonde hardwood flooring for some reason when I smell this. As someone said before they get a bit of lemon or orange cake in this and I see what they mean. And that's a yummy good thing. Thanks to Goldfinch for suggesting it to me! JG 051212

MrMookie

I HAD to buy it again after now 14 years its been a while and I occasionally did some squirts from a tester from time to time as I walked by the store and Roma was seducing me, calling me from the shelves..Hey Pssstt.. pick me Man...,one more time!
And i did it!, could not resist anymore it was a favourite scent then and im so happy i bought it now again.
Its a milestone scent for me, its package and bottle design is typical classy 90's Italian.
The juice gives me a great mellow and happy feeling wearing it, and dont expect an naive Happy,Happy - Joy,Joy scent!
I see good times , romantic times, sensual heated moments with your beloved ones and a bit mysterious but definiatly not dark!
Its perfect for summer days and evening wearing, it gives women a head turn if you project it rightly.
Be a little macho and daring and this truly can be a troublemaker!(As JMGCG said) Hahaha... but its true!
As others reviewers say its creamy and i certainly love its composed with galbanum and benzoin and citrus/grapefruits...
In my collection i certainly will rank this one in my top 5 of most seducing scents.

Buy it if you like a nice italian stallion summersweet delight!

soned
soned

I wonder what happened, but I bought this one blind once I heard it was similar to my favorite of all time, Minotaure. Now, I have not smelled Minotaure in about 9 years, but the scent of Roma does not remind me of what Minotaure was. This is a very waxy scent, kind of plastic in a way. I don't get any vanilla at all, but in all truth, I had to washed it away, so never smelled the dry down.

My best guess is, the bottle I have is damaged, or maybe not. Looks fine to me, the box was new, and the liquid looks exactly as the photos in here. Oh well, I already gave it away!.

jmgcg
jmgcg

This was my prefume election for a long time, after seeking a fresh alternative to the Tuscanny. It was my scent for warm days until the day it was impossible to find it for sale in Portugal.
WOW notes of grapefruit involved me for a long time followed by the warm tones of sandalwood and cedarwood.
This prefume is a magnet for women :-).
In fact is a trouble maker :-) I had a fellow woman who kept following me :-) "my god you smell so good, hugs me want to be involved this perfume "Yup I'm not kidding.
Longevity 8 hours or more
Scent 8/10
It is one of my perfumes I give it 9/10

craitza
craitza

Warm and beautiful,good for mature man.I like it so much...

Hippyhop2
Hippyhop2

I like this perfume on men, for me it's hypnotizing! It's creamy, softsweet, warm and still masculine. This is a men's perfume and I am tempted at wearing it myself, because it's a perfume you want to sniff again and again....
It's not a typical masculine scent but you can smell that it is for men.

sparkyman
sparkyman

I Bought this initially as a "less-expensive" substitute for Minotaure (that I couldn't find at an affordable price). I was so impressed with the immense peachy/apricot smell that I vowed to track down a bottle of Minotaure at whatever cost !

Roma Uomo is a truly magnificent scent - as Mr.Mookie has said, "Warm & Sweet", with a mellow resinous depth thats truly mesmerising.

I wore this to work the other day and was basking in the juicy aroma surrounding me - it made me feel very decadent. After spending about 15 mins away from my office, upon walking back in the aroma in the air was just staggering. I had only 2 squirts that morning, some 4 hours earlier, but the strength & depth of the scent in the air was truly magnificent. Upon returning home 3 hours later, my wife immediately commented on the scent as I walked through the door.. "Wow - you smell great" she said. I was finding it hard to believe the immense effect 2 reserved squirts had produced that day.

I'm not a fragrance expert, very much an absolute Novice (so specific notes & terminolgy elude me), but I would have to say that projection & longevity are exceptional on me. Roma Uoma has become an immediate favourite - it suits me, I could sniff this all day and never tire of it - it makes me smile and feel good.....and all of this with only a couple of careful squirts - what a truly great fragrance.

Linden
Linden

Roma Uomo has a sensual sweetness about it; refined by the fresher citrus and basil. It becomes richer and more masculine as it develops into the soft-woody and vanilla base, anchored nicely with benzoin.
This used to be one of my fave scents along side Minotaure which I still wear and enjoy. Both, similar in warmth and depth, although not in their complex composition, somehow exude a certain elegance that is hard to find among some modern perfumes.

Sasu*
Sasu*

So funny! 11 years ago... I was 16 and in love for the first time! Like head over heels!! He became my boyfriend and when I was waiting for him to come over, my knees would become weak and my whole body would start to shiver:D!! I remember I thought he had the most fantastic smell! But I never knew what fragrance it was, noone I knew used it (it has probably never bin a big hit in Norway:)). Last year we were visiting a friend of my husband, I went to the bathroom.. And on the bathroom counter, this friends perfume was standing. Ofcourse I had to smell it:D! And BAM(!!).. In an instant I was 16 again:D!
So now I know my first love was wearing Roma uomo

MrMookie

I really like the smell of this one because not many scents with this intensity are produced for men lately... its an unique one, remind me when i was in the caribeans in end of nineties, great evening scent i had a 15 ml tester is remembered and i liked it.

Its a sweet but not a sugarsweet scent because i dislike sugarsweetness in mens frags, this one is as i decribe it "sunny n warm sweet"
I can see a confident handsome men strolling on the promenade with an elegant red dressed italian brunette on his side walking to a night club on a warm summernight breeze..

Its a signature scent.
I might buy it soon again.

bp
bp

Old memories.
Miss you.

ajee
ajee

I love this parfume,I had this parfume twice, very good smell and elegant, this parfume is for real men

scentualMan
scentualMan

Originally, I bought this because I heard it was very similar to the now discontinued Minotaure by Paloma Picasso. Unfortunately, I don't find the two that similar though they do share an overall sparkling citrus vibe. Where Minotaure is citrus with aldehyde and florals, this just smells like orange peel and a lemon cake. The sweetness, which verges on gourmand, is tempered by the abundance of woody and herbal qualities.

So here's the summary: orange peel, lemon cake, herbs and wood. Like orange peels dipped in vanilla icing mixed with potpourri. Check it out if thats your thang.

tomerits
tomerits

very good perfume for winter nights or days ,very good longevity,nice vanilla scent and a true classic. love it.
my rank 4/5.

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

Roma is sweet and soft with an appealing powdery flower essence and a citrus accord quietly asserting its presence. This may sound as if I'm describing a feminine fragrance, but surprisingly the aroma is decidedly masculine, IMO. This is a nice fragrance for a classy but casual event.

highdef
highdef

reminds me of an orange cake, but its not gourmand fantastic fragrance

Theres intimate type of aura about this one, this one is sensual.
projection is moderate then close to the skin
longevity 6/8hrs

Fizzy
Fizzy

My husband used it but I throwed it out. He wasn´t happy about it, but, sorry, it´s a big stinker for my nose!!

oxm
oxm

Rome is a wonderful aroma in the opening citrus and basil in the heart of jasmine and juniper berries in the bottom and benzoin, sandalwood and patchouli make it a triumph. After everything is sprayed with a kaleidoscope of sensations, have you ever seen the sun peep through the branches of a forest road as you approach the car, here's all these little flares give the size of this perfume
is a voluptuous perfume, but without despotic, indeed is both confidential and discreet ...
Very good.

masterbrush
masterbrush

I got this because I liked it on someone I knew. But it's too much like a candy shop for me, I'd get worried being plagued by wasps wearing this. Anyway, with all its sweetness and 'aiming to please'ishness it fails in my view. It probably tries to be sexy but it is anything but that.

RobbieX
RobbieX

A warm smooth fragrance. There must be vanilla in this although it's not listed, maybe it's the combination of sandalwood and patchouli. It is similar to Minotaure but this is more subtle and it has a sort of "creamy" smooth vanilla drydown. Minotaure is superior than this though. However, this is a pleasant men's fragrance and comes in a nice frosted bottle. I would say it's one of the most classy of vanillas.

ahmed ehab
ahmed ehab

oh my goooooood !! UGHHH THIS IS UGLY !! disgusting , heavy , heavy , heavy , heavy like reaaaaaallllyyy heavy and sickly sweet and smells identical to a medicine called " AUGMENTINE" which is also very very bad :P

just tooo much and completly not nice at allll and dear god please do not wear it in the summer or u will DIEEEEEEE !!!! sorry laura not my thing

Nicole79
Nicole79

Roma is one of my hubby's favorites!!! The other one is D&G Classic :)
I like it too...very warm -woody, comforting, intresting, long lasting scent! I like that pine - note ;) suitable for every season summer / winter ! A must ! Lovely..........

i love it..i love it.very oriental perfume,waaaaw

hay81hay
hay81hay

this one is much better than Aqua di Roma Uomo , its lasting and sweet , worm , its not boring at all .

cowboykenny27
cowboykenny27

It starts of promising with a blast of citrus perhaps bergamot then settles down into a sweet vanilla base - for me yuk! very sweet and cloying

Mochagirl
Mochagirl

My brother's signature scent. He asks for a big bottle before each Christmas -which means he uses it regularly. Sweet, but not annoyingly sweet. Perhaps it's the grapefruit, the bergamot and the pine. It has a definitely attracting effect on women.

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

this is a hidden gem. where im from anyway. NOBODY has it here.smells like minotaure by palomo picasso. very sweet and alluring.i love it

Aristo
Aristo

The most beautiful men's perfume!

xavier
xavier

Desde 1995, el perfume que no puede faltar en mi casa. Siempre vuelvo a él. Quizá la única colonia que perdura en la ropa dándole un olor excelente incluso tras una noche de bares. Para mi es la fragancia perfecta. La adoro. Lástima que encontrarla hoy en día sea un tanto difícil.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

If it really smells like Rome, and smells as great as all of you reviewers say, I want it! If it's such a great cologne, my boyfriend can wear it, and I can spray it on my pillow....
If it really isn't distinctly macho/too masculine a scent, I might like to try it...

Diablo
Diablo

I have used this fragrance since 1998, and it´s still one of my favorites!
It´s smells very sweet like candy and I can somehow smell the mango in the top notes.This is the only fragrance that smells like mango. When you look at the bottle, it has the color of mango.

pedjoni
pedjoni

This fragrance is wonderfull.....
one of my favorite......it`s smell like beautiful sun.....

popcorn
popcorn

my huzbant adore this parfum, i like too. not so strong,not so hard, worm and deep