Designers » L » Oriental Woody « Groups

Sotto Voce Laura Biagiotti for women

Sotto Voce Laura Biagiotti for women
dislike

Sotto Voce Laura Biagiotti for women Pictures Sotto Voce Laura Biagiotti for women Pictures Sotto Voce Laura Biagiotti for women Pictures Sotto Voce Laura Biagiotti for women Pictures Sotto Voce Laura Biagiotti for women Pictures

Sotto Voce or whisper is a classic feminine fragrance, which is dominated by dry, woody notes with a fruity opening and floral-spicy nuances in the heart. Woody notes appear from the very beginning (rosewood), together with fruity accords (plum and peach) and coriander. Flowers in the base soften the strict and dry woody notes: tuberose, heliotrope, orange blossom and orchid. The base includes: vanilla, sandalwood, Tonka beans and musk.

The perfume was created by Sophia Grojsman in 1996.

Mahogany Coriander Plum Peach

Tuberose Orange Blossom Orchid Heliotrope

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Musk Vanilla

Desnuda
Sun Moon Stars

Sotto Voce Fragrance Reviews

freddinos
freddinos

The reason I fought on eBay to acquire a bottle of Sotto Voce is because I love Laura Biagiotti's creations and want to own them all! I was also intrigued by the notes and descriptions, and expected to receive something amazing. Sotto Voce is a nice perfume, that starts off as a VERY clean yellow floral. Think Poeme. In fact I'm sure I smell mimosa, but none is listed. After a good couple of hours it starts to mellow, and I can detect the vanilla and orchid, and towards the drydown a bit of musk too. I get no woods, none whatsoever. In fact I think it belongs to the floral category and not the oriental woody, and I found this very misleading in terms of expecting something full of spicy plum and rich woody notes blended with subtle florals, when I got an inoffensive floral with no spices at all. I like it, I don't love it. If it wasn't this hard to find I would probably give my bottle away, but now I will keep it purely for 'crazy perfume collector lady' purposes:)

Edit: From the middle notes down it is very similar to Sun Moon Stars, which can be found anywhere for really cheap (in case you do not want to pay the prices eBay sellers are asking for Sotto Voce! I am doing a wrist to wrist comparison and they are very close cousins indeed!)

icecube
icecube

Fruty floral the old way and o what a pleasure.
Not surprised Sophia Grojsman is the nose behind it.
I think my vintage one has tamed down a little - took a biiiiiiiiiiig spritz over halft of me and now the plums dans wildly around me.
It is so refined like a good old vine - so smoth and delightfull.
I feel fresh plumliquer and peach tart.
Sitting in an old garden aroud the weathered gardentable made of mahogany.
A shrubbery of sandalwood over my left sholder wiffs its godness over me.
All the other ingredients in this wonderful perfume shows its head now and then in this mystical garden called Sotto voce.

tterekhova
tterekhova

By husband bought it for me when we were dating and I could never understand it. Bottle is great though.

kotragx
kotragx

i liked narcisse of chloe, which was stopped and than launched again. if i had wishes to the golden fish they would be: launch again Sotto voce of Laura Biagiotti and Helmut Lang by Helmut Lang.

In my opinion the Sotto voce radiates something of cherry, something like the tase of black cherry in the Jack Daniels, very tasty. Sweet and feminine. Beautifull and light scent.

Yes, please launch it again

derkargy
derkargy

Please,ms Biagiotti,bring it back!

Britt005
Britt005

it's very classy . a bit too heavy and a bit too old for me . the vanilla and the woody notes just work perfect together , i don't like it yet but maybe in a few years i will love it ...

vivR
vivR

I only had one bottle of Sotto Voce before it was discontinued! How I miss this scent! For some reason Laura Biagiotti stops the production of her perfumes when they peak......

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

To my nose Sotto Voce always smells like the Italian love-child of CK-Eternity and Sun Moon Stars. It conjures memories of both, yet is not one of these all the way:

It's not as loud and fruity as Eternity, yet it has fruity notes that are very deliciously present. It's not as sensually powdery like Sun Moon Stars, yet it's sexy in a soft vanilla scented powdery dry-down.

To me, a mix of both great scents, Italian style. For al those that like one or both and would love to find a third of the same 'family'.
Silage is great. Longevity is: a perfume that goes through all the notes in about 5 hours. If you find it you really should sample it.

Lotto.Lupus
Lotto.Lupus

Very classy, but a bit overestimated judging by its price. Maybe because it's a rare find nowadays. Not bad, but doesn't match 'Venezia,' just my humble opinion. :-)

atiet97
atiet97

I like this but not crazily in love with it anyway. First thing comes in mind, instantly reminds me of Karl Lagerfeld Sun Moon Stars but lighter and without that sharp tangy pineapple found in KLSMS. Few second afterwards this is so much like Lancome Tresor. However, Tresor comes rounder and smoother....feels like true cashmere blanket. While IMO Sotto Vocce still has some rough edges. I dont' know which particular notes/ingredients that made this happened....but that's what I feel.

If you notice KLSMS and LT were made by the same perfumer, Sophia Grojsman which often created similar fragrances. Other than KLSMS and LT, Laura Biagiotti Sotto Voce, Paloma Picasso Tentations and Boucheron Jaipur are 3 other examples that resembles to one another.

At first, I disagree with her and asked myself...."Why so much effort to produce something that always reminds you of her late fragrance over and over again?". But later...I made peace with myself and think...."Well, maybe that's her message...that's her signature, creating something that always reminds us of her creation. So, that her adherents will always found out which are hers, even without having to browse our finger off on our beloved website".

All in all, although barely in love....I love the bottle, so the search continues

gladiolusgirl
gladiolusgirl

my fav ever!!! I used to wear it 10 years ago, and I finally have one, I only wear it from time to time to save it as much as I can, because I can not find it anywhere now..

lapurrla
lapurrla

Starts out as a really sweet, fruity-floral-vanilla fragrance. Pleasant for daytime use. As I only have a vintage boxed sample I'll save it for those times I want to smell super-sweet! Sweeter than my usual tastes, but still a keeper. I'd probably enjoy smelling it more on others, but that's unlikely as I read that it's discontinued. Far superior to most sweet perfumes I've experienced, without those nasty, jarring synthetic notes I've come to expect. Good lasting power too. The dry-down is gentle but those sweet notes just dominate the woodsy notes on my skin.

I find Sotto Voce far superior to the over-poweringly sweet Venezia Pastello. Venezia, however, remains my favourite in the Laura Biagiotti line. Love Roma too.

Hyponse
Hyponse

O Sotto Voce! I could never forget this fragrance. I have looked for it, but can`t get a hold of it anymore. Feminine, sexy, varm, fruity.

passionata20

I have tried to mix "Tocade" by Rochas with "Desnuda" by Ungaro to get a similar scent to "Sotto voce" and i think it works. At least on my skin it works. I have sprayed this mix on my one wrist and original "sotto voce" onto other wrist and they smell very much alike then.
P.S. i didn´t mix those two in the botlle, but sprayed one over another one.

MsMaryO
MsMaryO

My newest LOVE!! I've had a sample of this for several months and have only tried it once. I thought it was very very similar to LB's Venezia then, only softer, quieter.

So yesterday, I tried them side by side and found that they are very different. Venezia is very fruity in the opening and stays fruit throughout, and Sotto Voce is a little fruity (peach and plum) but ultimately more woody. I am loving woody scents lately so I much preferred SV over the Venezia.

I then showered and wore the SV all day. It had good longevity (about 4-6 hrs on my skin), although it stays very close to the skin. "Sotto voce" is a whisper and that describes this beautiful scent perfectly. It's a whisper that says, "Love me".

Absolutely gorgeous, sweet, soft and woody oriental, with all the requisite oriental notes of tonka, vanilla and sandalwood...just beautiful.

malia
malia

It was a gift. I guess there is no more suitable perfume present for musician then Sotto Voce. I loved the bottle at first sight and i LOVED the fragrance at first sniff. Oooh, what a delight it was. Wearing it i felt like Venus, all feminine, self-asured, irresistable on a ''sotto-voce''-way. God, i miss this perfume! Undiscontinue it, please!

passionata20

Very hard to find for a reasonable price this one is very feminine and amazing perfume! The name truly speaks for itself, it is not loud but sexy whisper. Got my full 75ml edt bottle today with amazingly low price accidently on some trading site!!!! I am soooo happy!!!!
This is bit different from what i remembered it to be, but it is even better than i thought i would be!!!!
Very yummy and sugary scent with long lasting staying power. The peach and plums totally got me, i wanted to eat my wrist! The tuberose and heliotrope give nice addition to the scent. It is sooooo well balanced and one of the best and outstanding fragrances i have ever tried! It definitly stands out from all others Sonja Grojsmann creation truly unique and non-replacable with anything else.
Ladies, do get it if you have extra money to spend!!!

guest_melosa
guest_melosa

Hola chicas, yo tambien soy fiel usuaria de Sotto Voce, de hecho tambien me trae muchos buenos recuerdos, y es un perfume que me personaliza... La verdad que es muy dificil encontrar puesto que lo han dejado de fabricar. Es una pena... Me puse en contacto con la Casa Laura Biagotti a través de Facebook, pero sintiendolo mucho me dijeron que probara el perfume de Roma. Gracias a Dios a Traves de una pag. web consegui creo los dos ultimos frascos existentes en el mundo, apesar de ser tester, ya solo me queda medio envase del segundo. :(
La verdad que fue un milagro encontrarlos, de eso ya hace 3 años casi.
Saludos a Todas...

Thank you so much Celina, for this super superhard to find and giving me back my memories from years ago!!!

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

Sotto Voce is one of the best fragrances ever.
I still have 2 bottles that I hold on to.
I love spraying it onto my wrist and I can smell it all day.
The scent is warm and feminine.
It is a shame that it is no longer made and it makes it even worse that it was replaced with Donna Due and Laura Rosé.
If you are looking for something similar, try Sun Moon Stars which is not exactly the same but smells like an unfinished version or rejected prototype of Sotto Voce.
Still, not the same but made by the same perfumer and there are obvious similarities.

guest_sunshine
guest_sunshine

My beloved Sotto Veco I let me parfuemeur@web.de in hannover customize the copy is better and cheaper than the original because it is a pure perfume i s a very long and the price of € 100 stops at 100ml. I also like the Pei is 70 € 50 ml and 100 ml. 100euro

janudy
janudy

Every time I put this on, I was to eat my arm. This just smells so good! I get this really soft, sweet woodsy note, like the smell you get when you open a wooden chest. The peach and plum are noticeable, but the overall effect is still very soft and quiet. It's my ultimate comfort scent and I'm so sad to see it's practically impossible to find.. The bottle is really cool too! The top is a tuning fork that you detach to spray the perfume and when you take it off you can hear and feel it vibrate slightly.

guest_Anne
guest_Anne

Where can I get this !!!??? Tried last few times abroad for 'old stock' in any perfume shops , but nothing !

It's a shame this has stopped being produced as one of the nicest perfumes I've ever had.

maen
maen

Hi, I love this perfum, (tender, different, creamy). It gives me a good remember from my childhood, when I was at school and I started my perfum's addiction... :), I found it and I discovered this marvellous world ... So elegant and feminine!

the best perfume I've ever had!!!There's absolutely nothing that can come close to it with the exception of Cloe at 100times the price, i get compliments everytime i wear it. Unfortunately I bought it while still living in germany and now here in Canada it's impossible to get it.
Anyhoo, love it, love it, love it

bhean_sidhe
bhean_sidhe

I hate to rain on this parade, but I don't like Sotto Voce at all. Maybe that's my body chemistry or smth else.

In a way it smells (on me) just the same as Tresor in hot weather (hence I wear Tresor only when it rains). For me it starts with a sharp cocal-cola fizzy opening, then changes into smth like Toscany Donna, then setteles into suffocating sweetness of candy and peach (and, gosh, I do like sweet, I do like peach!) It was really depressing and I was feeling annoyed whenever I was wearing it. When none of it was left, it was a relief.

lillybee
lillybee

I got intrigued by all these raving reviews so bought a miniature of Sotto Voce on Ebay. It starts out sweet and has an overpowering and almost cloying accord of vanilla / fruit syrup. Later it becomes a distinctly powdery, white floral scent that's less sweet and airier than before.

About 5 hours later I get a sweet, peachy orchid scent that's less powdery and more woody now. To be honest, the vanilla in the beginning ruined it for me but it does recover after the glitch.

A very feminine, soft (after the top notes) and powdery floral scent. Not what I was expecting from the notes though.

Philyra
Philyra

Whoever decided to take this one off the market should be punished by taking away his/her sense of smell. Why would you want to deprive anyone of one of the most delicate and well balanced perfumes I have had the joy to wear? Its solid consistency is also a quality I admire in it. Long lasting and embracing, you can wear it like a gorgeous garment. It will make you feel confident and happy at the same time. My heart goes to poor Sophia Grojsman. She created a subtle "soft tone", only to watch it end up being suffocated by the rattle of much inferior perfumes.

BABS
BABS

I am searching for a perfume that could smell like sotto voce,does anyone could help me ?
I like summer de kenzo,l'instant de guerlain,permier jours de nina ricci ...But it is not the same as SOTTO VOCE !!!

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

I'm sad, that fine smells of Laura Biagiotti, for example bright, rose, warm, feminine Sotto Voce stop producing.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

I bought a mini of this out of curiosity, and because I loved Roma so much. This is nice, but it's powdery. Unfortunately I get bad headaches from any powdery smells, so I probably can't give Sotto Voce the credit it deserves. It is a beautiful perfume on the right person, though. I just can't wear it myself. I get the peach and the tuberose, and the vanilla and musk on the dry down. Would be perfect on a summer night.

sandrina_bambina
sandrina_bambina

This is perfume I would never forget.
Nice fruity floral notes with woody base notes. Sweet and sexy, like a whisper.

I`m a bit sad because it`s hard to find :(

2007

Sotto Voce by Laura Biagiotti 4.07 out of 5 based on 177 ratings and 32 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Laura Biagiotti Sotto Voce fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Laura Biagiotti Sotto Voce, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sotto Voce by Laura Biagiotti. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sotto Voce by Laura Biagiotti represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.