Designers » L » Oriental Floral « Groups

Venezia 2011 Laura Biagiotti for women

Venezia 2011 Laura Biagiotti for women
dislike

Venezia 2011 Laura Biagiotti for women Videos
Venezia 2011 Laura Biagiotti for women Pictures Venezia 2011 Laura Biagiotti for women Pictures Venezia 2011 Laura Biagiotti for women Pictures Venezia 2011 Laura Biagiotti for women Pictures

Venezia 2011 by Laura Biagiotti is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Venezia 2011 was launched in 2011. Venezia 2011 was created by Lucas Sieuzac and Michel Almairac. Top notes are ylang-ylang, black currant and plum; middle notes are osmanthus, jasmine and rose; base notes are vanille, sandalwood and resin.

Ylang-Ylang Black Currant plum

Asja Fendi

Venezia 2011 Fragrance Reviews

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

I wore this in the 90's and loved it then. Time went by and my beloved Venezia was forgotten as I embraced the newer and more popular fragrances of the day.
Years later I had a yearning to try this again but was reluctant, as I thought that the reformulated version could not possibly be anything like the old one.
I was wrong! This is still as beautiful as the vintage formula, there isn't much difference. I still smell the original essence of the old Venezia. Perhaps this is a slightly lighter version, but that beautiful, heady, sweet smell is still there. I still adore this perfume, it's timeless unlike a lot of the oldies, which sometimes have a very musty, powdery smell, this has retained that modern day appeal.
Wonderful perfume, don't be afraid to try it, you won't be disappointed.

theperfumedveil
theperfumedveil

A pleasant reformulation of the original. Of course, it is not as good. Doesn't have the boozy wine note. I have the eau de toilette original and it lasts and projects way more than the eau de parfum of the new version. The old version was more sumptuous but the new one is a close second. Not bad.

mshilov
mshilov

Disappointing reformulation + ugly new cap. Everything "new" in modern perfumery is worse then the original creation. Pity.

nikkibom
nikkibom

Just received my bottle. I love this kind of perfume - smell. Bit heavy when initially sprayed - but this is what perfume should be like. You either wear it to smell and be smelled or you don't! There is one note however - I cannot put my finger on what it is. It is the same note that I could sense in Avon Perceive in the dry down - that i do not really like. Like a 'dirty puddle' smell - if anybody can understand where i am coming from??
Excellent scent all over though!

happycapybara
happycapybara

Bella Venezia. Heady and smoldering. Close your eyes and envision the velvet and brocade gowns, opulent chandeliers, masquerade balls and incense filled rooms where flirtations are hidden behind ornate masks, beautiful dark eyes flashing. Listen and you will hear Vivaldi playing, and see the canals through the windows as you dance in the Venetian style.

This scent is perfect for winter evenings. The scent opens with a spicy plum note, as it dries the vanilla becomes prominent. I can detect the sandalwood in the base and dry down. To my senses, (or perhaps imagination considering all that Venice conjures in my soul) I also experience expensive liqueur. Definitely a boozy element, softened by the floral presence of rose and jasmine. It does not smell old and it does not smell new. It is unique, and could be from another place and time, but also fits in just fine right now.

I have not smelled the original so have no basis of comparison but I find this version of Venezia lovely. I put it on to sleep one night, thinking about Venice and willing my dreams to follow, dreams of my most favorite city in the world.

Beautiful_Scent
Beautiful_Scent

Now, we all know that a perfume that is 20 years old would not smell exactly the same as a new one. Time will leave its print on it, even if it was kept in the box, cool and dark place.
I'm saying this maybe to find an explanation to why the new Venezia smells the same but not exacly identical to the old one.
I had in the past 4 big bottles of the old juice. Today I tried both the new and the old Venezia. To me the new one smells like the old one, but more like an EDT compared to an EDP. In other words, very similar, but lighter and without 'something' that the old one has.
For the difference, I am blaming the age, like a more matured wine. You may say that I am deluding myself, but I don't care.
The new Venezia is really awesome, it instantly brought back the memories of the old one with no trace of doubt, and it is nothing like any perfume on the market today.

naen
naen

Strange perfume. Might be the coldest, distant (and at times depressing) perfume from my wardrobe.
It's all about chemistry, I know. On my skin it feels at first like, for a few seconds, pure alcohol. After this the top notes appears, shy: ylang ylang (cold, distant exotic flower) and the plum. But all fades so fast, in under 2 hours, leaving me wondering, is this all?
Towards the end, mature, beautiful vanilla. Nice meeting you... where have you disappeared?

Light and shy, melancholic. And yet i'm finding myself reaching for Venezia more than for my others.

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

I bought this as a blind buy for a good price from my usual trusted online shop. I never smelled the original Venezia although goodness knows why I did not. I am making up for it now though. It is a really lovely fruity, vanilla smell. I do not usually buy fruity perfumes but I do love plummy notes and this one is just right for me. I bought the 2011 EDP version and I am very glad that I did. It is still a cold wet February day where I live so this perfume is fitting in very well. It is not one that I will wear in hotter weather but I would be happy to buy a second bottle if I use it all up before next autumn or winter.

darksome
darksome

Review for the EDP

Woody, slightly metallic, sweet but fresh opening.

Then it gets more earthy, mossy, still sweet with a fecal note on me. At this time it smells just terrible.

But then the fecal note disappears, leaving just an earthy, a little salty trace (Play-Doh?), surrounded by a nice sweet juicy plum that I so much adore in the opening of vintage Poison. I must add that the plum in Venezia smells very ripe and sweet - like mixed with apricot? It also gets more powdery at the end. The jasmine in this is heady and creamy, just supporting the juicy notes. Sandalwood is also very prominent in this fragrance, so I'm a little surprised that it has so few votes. This might be great for a layering scent. But it's not an one dimensional fruit perfume like most others.

Overall a gorgeous scent for plum lovers, but with an earthy note in the background. But still, not for everyone! It's very delicate, very sweet and has a vintage vibe because being mostly just fruity-earthy. But I looove exactly this vintage feel of Venezia.

elisheva70
elisheva70

Having been an devotee of Laura Biagiotti's Venezia in its original incarnation, I was delighted yet hesitant when I found out that they were re-releasing it. I had such wonderful memories of this gorgeous perfume that invoked something as lustrous and glorious as a baroque Venetian ball with beautiful women in rich fabrics, anointing themselves with gorgeous scent from a beautiful Murano bottle before being spirited away on a Gondola to be seduced by their very own Casanova. Yes, it really was THAT romantic a scent! I wore it throughout my 20's and 30's and men loved it. I loved it. Creamy, plummy, spicy, vanilla - this one still has all the elements of the vintage formula. I was frightened they would have tinkered with it too much but they haven't. I was worried it would now be too sweet for an early 40's woman to wear but I shouldn't have worried. It is as soft and classy as Biagiotti's other scents for women. The staying power was amazing. One spritz on my wrist lasted all day, all night and into the next day and dried down to a beautiful whisper that my adored one couldn't get enough of. Thank you Laura Biagiotti for making this customer very happy. I still have a bottle of the original and this is just as lovely. It still makes me feel special and ultra-feminine when I wear it. Please never stop making it.

lat
lat

Sigh... I wanted to re-stock on my Roma samples and got Venezia instead...
I like Roma much better but this is also a nice scent. It's very rich, close to skin winter smell, syrupy and cosy. I don't know the original version but this one still is a much better quality than any of the new fragrances out there. For lovers of vanilla packed orientals this is a solid buy.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

This is the great grand daughter to Roches Femme! Venezia is a lovely plummy fragrance with a resinous background and vanilla and jasmine flirting delicately in the foreground. It's sophisticated, gentle and lovely. I wish it lasted longer on me, it was gone in about 2 hours. I would have liked to get to know it better!

M75
M75

I like it VERY much. Although I do not really remember the old version, which I had for a couple of years, this one is absolutely great. it's sweet but not overwhelming. on me it is subtle and stays with me for at least 8 hours ! I have the EDP.

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

Today, I finally, finally have in my hands a brand new bottle of the 2011 formulation. The first sniff out of the box brought memories absolutely flooding back. Honestly, the original EDP was too strong for me, and too animalic (hence why I preferred the body cream for every day use) so this slightly weaker new version is just wonderfully perfect. This is not going to be an every-day kind of perfume for me now in 2013 when hardly anyone wears the heavy classics, and not my signature anymore, but I am over the moon to have it again.

The vanilla and plum are indeed the most prominent notes, as the votes here would suggest, but the sandalwood and osmanthus plus a slightly dirty jasmine is what makes this Venezia, to me. The sandalwood adds a depth and it is used in a similar way to Samsara--that creamy wood note. Though incense is not listed here, I do smell it (perhaps as a facet of sandalwood); I normally can not handle even a hint of indole, but this jasmine is deliciously dirty. The osmanthus is humid and creamy.

Ah, Venezia. The one that started this whole perfume journey...my first perfume love. I wore it through high school and college faithfully; this was ME, the one perfume associated with me for friends and boyfriends. I never needed much, as strong as it was, so my bottles and jars (for I wore the strongly-scented body cream most of all) lasted forever. My last bottle was hard to find, but back then I didn't pay attention to things like discontinuations. I figured it was just not very popular. When I used the last of that one, I began to search for a replacement and found that my beloved was LONG discontinued. I began testing other things and no longer had a signature because there was nothing else that compared to it for me. It is still unlike anything else out there, and *sigh* it's mine again.

mendosita
mendosita

I cannot remember that well how the old Venezia smelled like, so the new one seems to be really close match. I just got my bottle of an edt. It smells very cosy, sweet, but not cloying, I can detect vanilla and sandalwood as they take control over the fragrance.
Longevity is decent for an edt: it lasts about 4 hours.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

i can only imagine what a beast the original venezia was if this current version is "watered down"! right away i got the vanilla and plum. i thought i smelled cinnamon but not in the pyramid. i see now that it must be the resins. anyway, i get a chistmasy/festive plum pudding vibe to this. its dark, sweet plummy and vanilla yummy soft spicyness. to top it off, men really seem to like this. i got an amazing compliment wearing this today! i hope i have the good fortune to find a bottle of this one day before this goes down the sad road of discontinued like the first venezia. thanks for the sample onanona! xo

freddinos
freddinos

I am doing a wrist to wrist comparison between Venezia 2011 and the original, and I agree with the other reviews. This is a stripped version of the original. Plum dominates the top, and fades to vanilla towards the bottom. Longevity is not excellent. For my lifestyle though, Venezia 2011 is more 'useful'. The vintage Venezia with all the animalic civet was a big no for day wear for me, whereas this is a true oriental floral and is safe for day-office wear. I am saving my original for all those 'special' occassions and keeping this for everyday. Overall I like it very much, it indeed has the Venezia vibe! This remake reminded me of YSL Yvresse that was reformulated lately as a toned down version of the original

MademoiselleMaya
MademoiselleMaya

it smells cheap and generic unlike its original version. Basically like a musky vanilla. And it fades fast. I'm disappointed, it's awful :(

Aysu
Aysu

It is similar to vintage one, but as already said by everybody, it is not complex like the original creation. I find it a bit choking after a while, and find it too fruity. Too dominant plum & black currant notes mixed with vanilla is too much to handle.
It doesn't have an oriental feeling as vintage has. Anyway, still similar and can be an alternative if you miss the original that much. But don't expect to find the same sophistication.

Beth Lee
Beth Lee

I just bought the Laura biagotti Venezia 2011 perfume. Not exactly the same but close enough that will wear it with a smile on my face. One of my all time favorites.

By now I owned this fragrance. It's a nice oriental for winter time, but the staying power on me wasn't that good. Also it gave me major headaches, so eventually I had to give it away.

Violettera
Violettera

Pleasant in general, but not too woody, not too vanillic, not too fruity, not too good either. It's like so many fruity florals that are sold in the stores. Moderate sillage, moderate lasting power. I had big expectations and all I got is un unoffensive office cologne.

c3c
c3c

So I have finally tried the 2011 EDP and 2012 EDT version of Venezia. Being a true old time Venezia fan I couldn't wait to check them both out.

For me the 2011 EDP is the closest as far as the heavy rich feel of the original. Opening notes are almost the same, the middle and drydown are different. It's as if a section of the original leaves after the opening notes but whats left is quite enjoyable and definitely has the same Venezian satisfaction of a high quality perfume.

I now have two versions of an old favorite to choose from depending on my mood. Recommended, unless you are looking for an exact replica, in which case search out an original bottle. After all the price isn't all that different if you find the right deal.

I have to revise this a bit. The same chemical vibe of the EDT exist here but in moderation. I thought it was mild enough I could still enjoy it but after wearing it a few times I've realized I simply can't avoid the obvious, whatever this note is it drives me crazy. I'm going to stick with the original thank you. I guess modern day perfumery just can't stack up.

kosmoskukka

Okey, Universe does really have a weird sense of humour. I was purchasing and thinking to get a good deal, thought to get the old one (backup bottle for my Original Venezia). There were only picture of package and I was totally looking at it "this is it, and not being expensive, imidiately purchasing".. .. today post brought me Laura Biagiotti Venezia... 2011 *Smiles* I was wondering... what is this... noticed not being the One I was thinking it to be. Sprayed it to my wrists and ohh, okey, not bad at all... maby I can get to know with new Venezia. This is not that woody than original, but good though. I will give a chance for new version. *Smiles*

kitten_steele
kitten_steele

For those of you who wonder about these perfumes with few notes in them, like this one with only 9. I think that it's the only 9 notes known to the person who put it out here on Fragrantica. I've seen perfumes here with only 2 notes and that's impossible. Normally if you visit the designers website, more notes can be told.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I have a 75ml EDP bottle of Venezia 2011 for possible swap / sale. If interested feel free to message me!

Elisabeth M.

Did they change the formula again? The Venezia EdP I tested today is even closer to the original from 1992 than the version I purchased last summer when the fragrance was relaunched. Just love it!

Jazzy76

As lovely as the discontinued original

akats
akats

I have a question. How is it possible for these two fragrances -old and new Venezia- to be alike, when the one has 22 ingredients listed, while the other only 9? I had not smelled the old Venezia so I cannot make the comparison to the new one. Yet, I suppose there must be quite different. I will search for the new one and I feel glad that I have not smelled the old, because the comparison would be dramatic! I beleive that as it happened with so many other perfumes, the modern one is far more inferior to the old...

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Oh my World!
What a beauty!
I cannot remember last time I felt so under the spell of a fragrance - Venezia melted my heart immediately!
The opening is very pleasant; the fruity note of plum mixed with jasmin petals and a pinch of vanilla...
Absolutely marvellous!After 4 hours I can smell mainly jasmine and as the fragrance dries down, it becomes more cozy thanks to vanilla.
I have no idea how much is the new 2011 version similar to old formula but the 2011 version for sure would become my signature IF it only was widely available.
It is really rich, sensual, deep, a perfect juice for long, chilly winter months.
Lasting power and silage are both outstanding; I could still smell it on my skin after a long hot shower.
I believe that Venezia would appeal to extremely rich and sophisticated fragrance lovers; if Baiser Du Dragon, Elixir Des Merveilles or Badgley Mischka rock your boat, then you have to try Venezia.
Brilliant projection, lovely bottle, quality juice.
Two sprays and you're wrapped up for the rest of the day.
Venezia is a marvel.
Full stop.

Mayra1969
Mayra1969

From Frankfurt am Main, Germany. We recently bought the new Laura Biagiotti Venezia, at one of the Douglas department stores. We were disappointed to find out that this one is NOT THE SAME as the original one. Oddly the new has a musky tobacco smell or something strange, not rich, fresh, flowery, spring, nicer smell. Well, that's our opinion. We believe the body lotion is worth getting, not the perfume.

xabaras
xabaras

Glorious jasmine from the very beginning, real fragrant jasmine, not some chemical concoction that gets to your throat. This jasmine grabs your mind and soothes it. It's uplifting. It becomes sweeter after a while, more balanced, rounder, that must be the vanilla settling in. It is different from the plethora of fragrances that invade the world of fragrances without even showing character.I like it very much. I was so curious about this fragrance that I bought a full bottle without even trying it: I have no idea about what the original formulation was like, but this one is very lovely.

I love the original Venezia and I love Venezia 2011. this one has a nice plum-twist and its great, really. These two perfumes are like sisters - a lot alike and just a twist that separates them. The plumnote is adult, not fruity/sugarsweet, deep and just amazing. Then the vanilla and flowers are deep, womanish and sexy - I'm in love with this one!

Jag älskar originalet Venezia och jag älskar Venezia 2011. Denna har en liten plommon-not som står ut och gör den superhärlig. Dessa två parfymer är som systrar - ganska lika men med små detaljer som gör dem olika. Plommon-noten är inte frukt/sockersöt utan vuxen och djup. Härlig! Vaniljtonen och blomnoten är djupa, kvinnliga och supersexiga - älskar den verkligen!

smaragda
smaragda

i ADORE venezia ! it suits me perfectly, just like my second skin !

Solvita
Solvita

Smells really nice,very similar to 1st version,but lighter.Could be used in summer too.

alinajane
alinajane

Swedeangel's review is spot-on. The original Venezia was my adored signature fragrance and I've never found anything I liked as much....the usual story of bitter disappointment when they discontinued it.
I ordered a couple of bottles of the relaunched Venezia from Germany recently. I agree with Swedeangel on every point she makes; there is an undeniable reminder of the original but on spraying, the first impression is so synthetic, it smelt 'off' to me, not even too-sweet or too-cloying- just off, like an old lady's supermarket perfume that's been in a drawer for 20 years. It then gives way to a very faint copy of the original- yes, it's the same smell, I'd know instantly it was some form of Venezia but much, much weaker and by the time I'd got to work 40 minutes later my colleague said she couldn't detect anything on my wrist at all. This is such a shame. On the plus side, the new bottle is wonderful- modernised but not overdone.I will use this as an extra fragrance and just hope I got a 'bad bottle' and the other one I've got is better. But this feels like bad news....now the real Venezia will never be seen again.

Vierka
Vierka

I absolutelly love this smell! I don´t know the original, but this 2011 version smells really good on my skin.

Nicole79
Nicole79

I don't know how the Original Venezia used to be, but this one it's a nice , pretty fragrance.
Plummy, sweet and powdery, easy to wear , comforting scent .

It is apealing enough, feminine , it has a great sillage and the lasting power it's good enough...about 5 hours on my skin and many more on fabrics !
The bottle is very nice too.
A must try really ;)

More26
More26

The flacon and the campaign were very capturing to me, so I decided to try it. I must admit smelt really bad on my skin.. simply disappointing :(

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

Well I don`t have a clue how the original Venezia smells like but I tried today the new one.
What can I say... It`s nice. I didn`t really get the chance to get to know the top notes but after a couple of hours (and now, after 5 hours)I can smell a soft, sweet,light oriental scent. Very vanillic.
I wouldn`t mind smelling like this, it`s very cozy! But I don`t think I`m going to buy it.

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

I just tried a sample of Le Labo's Aldehyde 44 and in the dry down it's very similar to the original Venezia. Well worth sampling!

angyangy
angyangy

today i tried this scent....what a stinky blast!it hasn't got any structure and the olfactory pyramid is nonexistent.the perfume stands on the skin without changing and getting any shape.it's very simple and it doesn't make me think about venice and i'm italian and i live one hour far from venice.this strange smell remembers me about very sticky old parfumes.

curlyhair1
curlyhair1

I bought Venezia 2011 on ebay and it arrived Friday. I LOVE IT! In fairnes, I haven't yet sprtized it on my skin but the whiff from the bottle took me back. Smelled to me, very very close to the original. Can't wait to wear it to an upcoming wedding. I'm rationing it! I hope it comes to Canada soon. Apparently it's only available in Germany and Italy currently.

ivanao
ivanao

I have just bought it today. I still have little of the original Venezia, so I compared and tested... The new one seems to be at first a disapoitment, but later it fits perfectly with my skin, and I love it! :-) It is not the same as the one years ago, but I am not the same either. It used to be my signature frag and I think it will be again!

jules2909
jules2909

is the new venezia available anywhere in the uk? my mother just back from malta and couldn't find it on the island or a duty free

Tried again. No way. It's not anything like old Venezia. Similar for sure, but absolutely watered down and made much much simpler.
It's a nice scent and I could wear it if I didn't know the old one. Venezia used to be one of my staples of '90s. Then they discontinued (why???), then launched again, then now in 2011. I don't know if these are the rules of marketing but they don't work on me!
They could choose another name for this scent. It's modern and fruity with just a hint of the glorious oriental nuance of the old formula.
I don't feel like another Venezia for 46 euro. I want the old one.
Anyway, this new one is not so bad.
I like the plum feeling.
I suggest to give it a try if you don't care about old formula, especially if you were too young to experience it!
You may find a pleasant fragrance with a soft sillage.
Think of it as a new perfume on market.
For the nostalgic it won't work wonders, but a hint of real Venezia is still there. It was enough to bring back memories, so it is not completely different.
The staying power of 2011 is average in itself, totally poor if compared with old one!

fayireton

hi bandit.....please dont get me wrong. i was not picking on passionato20..............i was just saying that the review was harsh. unfortuntely i think many people will be quite scathing with their views on a relaunched fragrance, and thats a shame. im not on here to argue....we are all allowed our own opinion, but maybe we should be a little less critical if we are unfamiliar with the original ....and if we just dont like it then its obviously going to be difficult to give a fair and positive review.

to fayireton:

If they don't want us do give bad reviews on perfumes, they simply could make them better. Not passionata20s review is the problem, but this really bad reissue of Venezia. This is not about fandom, this is about marketing. They use the old name to give us a weak perfume, that'll never sell without the name "Venezia" on it, because it is really not a good perfume at all.

If you like it, that's fine, but a lot of people don't agree on that and you shouldn't pick one of the naysayers personally and make her responsible.

I guess, a lot of old fans will give the new Venezia definitaly a try and make up their own minds - regardless what you, me or passionata20 wrote about it.

fayireton

Hi passionata20..........i'm sorry you dont like the new or original venezia. i have both...so i compared both on my skin at the same time. they were both lovely, i did not expect the new version to smell as good as it did. im sorry you dont agree. maybe you should not bother reviewing perfumes you know you wont like! i had the original when it came out and fell in love with it...i have several bottles now, unopened. spraying the new one sent me straight back to the early 90s! its not exactly the same but it cant be can it!! so maybe if you cant say anything nice then just dont bother because there are alot of venezia fans that will be glad to have this gorgeous fragrance back. please dont delete as i am just putting my view across. i for one am happy to have this icon back X

Jazzy76

Ha mantenuto le promesse. Provato proprio oggi....peccato che nella mia città quasi nessuna profumeria lo tenga!

passionata20

i have tried this one several times now and today i went to the shop with my original edition of "Venezia" from the 90´s to compare with this one. What can i say? This version is not similar to the original Venezia! At least in the opening notes. Let me say that i am not a biggest fan of original Venezia either, to me it is a cold fragrance, it doesn´t have a warm vibe. I am quite neutral about it.
This version is even more colder and more plastic than the original one. The opening is quite synthetic and bitter even, very dry and lacks the richness of the original version. That bitter note(i don´t know what it is) simply ruins everything. Quite unpleasant to my nose in the beginning, but after 30minutes or even more in the drydown it becomes similar to the original Venezia and only then i feel the similarity, not earlier. That´s when it becomes softer and more spicy, plum note comes out in it´s full beauty. Still it lacks something, it is quite light. Not a biggest fan of original i also won´t be the fan of this one sadly. Someone who can´t compare directly with the original this one, will find it pleasant but not me. Almost every friend of mine who smelled new release of Venezia already says it is similar, but only when they smell the original the difference is obvious 100%.
One plus from me is the great staying power, lasts more than 6 hours on my skin, just like the original one.
I think they should have released it not as re-release but as a flanker, then it would not dissapoint the fans of the original.

Please do not remove this comment, since others might find it useful. Not every review should be positive, so people like me wanted to make a blind buy might find it very informative. Thanks.

fayireton

I have just got a bottle!! I love it!!!! Smells like the original :) more so then I expected!! I am so happy and have lots of memories flooding back :) Will defo be buying in bulk when I can it locally!! My hubby got this bottle on ebay. Love it!!!!!

gipsymama

I already found it myself at an German website! But thanks anyway!

gipsymama

Oh, memories ae all around me, thinking of Venezia in the 90's! I haven been searching and I asked in a lot of shops today when they are expecting this parfume to be in the shop! But they didn't know anything of this scent!AARGHHH.... So, please can somebody tell me where I can buy this in the Netherlands or online? ( only paypalsites please...)
Thank you so much!!

sistertricked
sistertricked

at Jazzy 76

le commesse non sanno nulla, ma il loro capo sì. è successo a me, stai tranquilla e aspetta, le profumerie lo hanno ordinato.

cocobella
cocobella

i love this one. i think it is very seductive. i have to admit that i do not remember the original one (i was too young for such a perfume at that time, but i remember the commercial which was very similar to the new one ;) ) but to me this perfume is really great. another one on my want list. to my mind plum notes in perfume often do not work (unfortunately as i love plums) but the plum/vanilla combination in this one is very well done. it is a bit sweet but definitely not too sweet, very warm and cozy. it is a mature perfume not for teenagers. thumbs up for this one.

Jazzy76

Ma quando arriverà nelle profumerie italiane? :(
io non lo trovo da nessuna parte e le commesse non ne sanno nulla...help!

swedeangel
swedeangel

Got my bottle from germany today,and was so exited to test it . i know what the recencents have said here - it resembles the old one but is a disappointment never the less.
At the first spritzes ,I felt like crying ,it was not at all like having venezia on ! The old venezia had a warmth,a rich and full note entirely without syntetic in it . This new Venezia smells syntetic,thin in its notes ,it has no body. The vanilla,the musk,the plums,that yummy caramel-comfort is just faintly there....
In its drydown it smells more like the original though, but like a weak faint echo only. And by that time,an hour - its hardly there to detect.
Im so sad they couldnt make it more like the original one,this smells ok but it is like eating a porkchop when you expected a filet...

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

I have been wanting this back for a long time.I used it when i was about 15(it was maybe to mature,but i just liked the smell) around year 2003,and today i saw it in the store.This one brings back so many memories for me.It is very similair but it is lighter.Times have changed and perfumes are not made in the same way as they use to.But it brought back memories so it must be quite similair.You can say it is Venezia in a modern way,and they did a good job.They kept the smell and managed to make it wearable even in 2011.
I will purchase for sure!

fayireton

PLEASE!!! someone tell me where I can get hold of a bottle of this!! I'm in the UK and I can't find it anywhere!! Please help!! Thanks xx

Bandit

I haven't been a user of the Original, but one knows Venezia, it was much worn in the 90s. A real stinkbomb (for one a good stink, for the other a nightmare stink).

The new one doesn't smell like the Original, I'm sorry. It's watered down to the point, where you cannot smell much at all. It is similiar, that's all. Very sad, indeed.

I'm sorry, that I have to dissappoint all of you fans of the Original. I think, that means that now Venezia is gone for good...

Saltaire
Saltaire

@nausikaa: I've just been to a Müller Store and tested it. I didn't know the original Venezia from the 90's, but I've read many enthusiastic comments here, and since I love Roma I thought I should give this one a try.
It's a nice warm scent, more floral/sweet than oriental to me, but it's only been on my (left) wrist for one hour or so (right wrist: Dune). So far it reminds me of Escape (CK), did anybody else notice that?
I'm not sure, if I'll buy it, depends on how the scent develops during the day.

Okey,
this is NOT THE SAME Venezia than it used to be. I have this new in my other wrist and old in other. And this new one is truely like a colonge, just a floral fruity like Juliette Has a Gun said. People, you will get disappointed if you think to get the old one back. It will be not. Will not purchase
sorry.

fayireton

Fizzy and Elizabeth....where did you get the new veenzia and how much was it??????? In the uk , all the stores i've been to have never heard of it!!! I dont even know if its really going to be available here!!! i love the original...and want to try the new!!! i would really appreciate any feedbck XX
thanx

Fizzy
Fizzy

When I first sprayed it, I could not get enough of it. So I sprayed maybe 20x, because the opening is amazing lovely! But there is no lasting power of the head smell and the smell turns very very fast in this well known old Venezia, which is oriental and with lot of spicy vanilla. One in all - a weak parfum with amazing opening. Not worth the money.

Elisabeth M.

I couldn’t wait to smell Venezia again as I missed it for many years so I really got excited to find the ‘new’ Venezia 2011 already yesterday at a local department store. I had to test it quickly to see if it is like the vintage version. At first sniff it smelled a bit dated to my nowadays nose , which I didn’t expect – in my memories this scent is such a rich and timeless oriental fragrance – maybe I recognized at that moment how much time has passed since its first release. I than left the store to see how this fragrance develops on my skin and short time later I fell in love again with this perfume as I did when it first came out in 1992. I had to buy it immediately. To my nose Venezia 2011 is very much like the vintage version only a bit lighter. May be it is just impossible to bring it back exactly like the old one because of ingredient restrictions on the perfume market. At least it is a very well done relaunch. Venezia is a timeless classic and I hope it will never be discontinued again. It is so great to have this treasure back! Love it, love it, love it!!

honey73

@LaLotus, OF COURSE it´s the relaunch! Here in Germany it is available since the beginning of August

LaLotus
LaLotus

How can some people already have bought it and reviewed it, while it will be launched 1st september this year, 2011? Today is august 12 2011! Cannot possibly be the relaunch of the original Venezia.

honey73

Blind buy as well and a good one!! I used to have (the old) Venezia for many years, so I know it quite well, and "new" Venezia is very similar to me. Maybe it is a little bit lighter, but still lasting power is good, and I can even smell it on me the whole day. Memories are coming back...
I would like to add that my expectations were not very high, as I was dissapointed with the "relaunch" of Organza Indecence, but this one is well done!

I did the skin test today and I still think it's like the former Venezia. It developes very nicely on me and the staying power is good. It gave me nice memories and now I'm inbetween whether I should buy or not :)

Catty
Catty

Due to the so wonderful comments, I´ll tested for sure.
this scent seems a dream!

It is very much like the original. I was brought back to the scent right away. So I would say it's the same scent. The staying power is good too. Just I had to figure that I probably wouldn't wear it anymore today. I was sure I would buy it but now that I used the tester, it's not for me anymore. I don't want to smell like I did when I was 16 :)

nausikaa
nausikaa

i've seen this yesterday at a müller store. i was about to buy it but they had no tester and i was afraid it wouldn't be as good as the vintage one so i decided to wait.

Bynesy
Bynesy

Im sooo pleased that this is back and cannot wait to buy this in sept, I used to get men and women coming up to me and asking what it was I was wearing as it was absolutely gorgeous, I cant wait and have put my order in with my hubby for it already!!

Hyponse
Hyponse

I can`t wait to buy this again!!!! Hope Sotto Voce comes again too.....someone ;-)!!

Jazzy76

News!!! Direttamente dalla pagina FB ufficiale del gruppo L.Biagiotti, la risposta ad uno dei numerosi commenti : "Laura Biagiotti- The formula is the same so you will love it! Help us to spread the news on forums!!" Son davvero impaziente per questo grande ed attesissimo ritorno!! :-))

lulupopo
lulupopo

It's great message.....ye, yes, yes.....I love it Venezia

Jazzy76

p.s. i read just now that it will be available on september ... very good!! I think i'll buy it !! :)

Jazzy76

I live in Italy, but i haven't seen any sign of this new Venezia.....I 'll wait again....:/

Nemolena
Nemolena

I agree we want also pastelo and sotto voce!!

Sarah Bas Eleazar
Sarah Bas Eleazar

We want "Soto Voce" !!!!!!!

And by the way !!!
We also want Venezia PASTELLO back too, you know ?!?

So

This is beyond any hope and dream !!!
BRAVO BIAGIOTTI !!!
I still have a bottle of the old perfume that I use only on very, very, very special occassions. Now I can use it more often with no worries ;-)
Still.... I hope very much the new perfume is't that changed. For eg. Roma used to be my daywear perfume and Venezia the evening one, about 15 years ago, maybe more... but at some point, the Roma perfume disapeared from shops and afterwards it appeared back, but a little changed... enough for be to not stand it anymore :-((( you can imagine my dissapointment, as both perfumes were my signature-perfumes.

snails
snails

we also want back Venezia Uomo, you know? :)

passionata20

Taken from the official Laura Biagiotti facebook page: "The myth is back!! It's official that Venezia by Laura Biagiotti will back on September 1st. We are very excited and proud! More news to be shared very soon!"

some update from Biagiotti´s official FB page:
"It will be back on shelf on Sept 1st! Don't worry, it's not a limited edition! Anyhow you will be able to buy it also through our official website..."

"The formula is the same so you will love it! Help us to spread the news on forums!" (i certainly hope so!)

the tension rises!

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

I am ultra excited about this! I wore the original years ago and my jaw dropped when I read that there was a new version!! I can't wait to try it!!

Endymion
Endymion

I hope this is the beginning of a trend! :)
I hope the other houses (well, the companies who own them) will follow this step and bring back their vintage jewels!

I really stand for this! Go Biagotti, go, go, go!!!! :)

maraika
maraika

I have a friend, who used to said she'd always have a bottle of this. I remember the sweet, feminine, rich and cosy scent. It's really worth it! Hope the new one will be adorable too!

sandrina_bambina
sandrina_bambina

It is changed a bit, and it will be available at the end of June... I will update news soon:))

Amarilia
Amarilia

Im a die hard Venezia fan, this is THE ONE for me! Thank God Laura Biagiotti has heard our prayers, to have this rare gem relaunched again. Can't wait to have it. But is it going to be very limited edition and hard to find? Hopefully not,so that everyone can have a chance to try it.I don't want another limited edition, and no more heart ache. It's been painfull 13 years without Venezia!
Thank you LAURA!

*sophi*
*sophi*

plum,jasmine,vanilla the notes are great; hope it smells as good as the old version :0
CAN'T WAIT TO TEST

delphine67
delphine67

I hope it smells the same as the vintage scent.
that one smells gorgeus, hope this one to im very curious

ilovekylie
ilovekylie

uraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Venezia 2011 by Laura Biagiotti 3.84 out of 5 based on 247 ratings and 93 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Laura Biagiotti Venezia 2011 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Laura Biagiotti Venezia 2011, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Venezia 2011 by Laura Biagiotti. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Venezia 2011 by Laura Biagiotti represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.