Designers » L » Oriental Woody « Groups

Venezia Laura Biagiotti for women
dislike

I have it: 293 I had it: 392 I want it: 293 My signature: 10

Venezia Laura Biagiotti for women Videos

Venezia is a recognizable perfume, extremely popular in 1990’s. Laura Biagotti got an inspiration for this perfume after her journey to Pechino. Bottle cap reminds of a Saint George’s bell tower in Venice. Warm, woody-spicy, oriental, very Italian. Top notes include succulent Italian fruit with some green accord; peach, plums and bergamot. At its heart; rose, spicy carnation, intense cinnamon and iris. Sandalwood, Tonka bean, vanilla and benzoin. It was created in 1992. The nose behind this fragrance is Michel Almairac.

Indian Mango Black Currant Green Notes Dried Plum Osmanthus Peach Bergamot Geranium

Carnation iris Amber Cinnamon Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Cedar Rose

Dalal

Venezia Fragrance Reviews

Constansa
Constansa

I got my first bottle back in 1996. I was intern student in small office and my boss had this gorgeous smell. so i bought it for me but I was probably too young for this smell. But this is one of the smells I remembered for long. I like combination of the notes here with little vanilla and bergamot what together give this oriental feeling but not too much. its still Venice (very right name) with its colors and smells. one of my favourite for ever...

jeannette_84
jeannette_84

I was so looking forward to test this fragrance since I really liked Venezia 2011.
I did like it but there's some note/a that I can't stand in this fragrance. I just can't figure out which one. I don't know if I should keep it or not. I already gave it a chance... My husband likes it though, but it makes me a little nauseous... it's just sad

kelleybelle
kelleybelle

Sweet, rich, golden, warm, lovely. Perfect for a sunny winter day to make you think of the colours and scents of Venice. Just so rich. Getting to the dry-down is a gorgeous, yummy, delicious vanilla and amber adventure. I was so fortunate to find a vintage bottle on eBay. Sadly discontinued. One of my great loves. Note to self: use very sparingly :)

Real treasure! Wonderful, sexy, flirty, elegant, superclassy, a scent for a superwoman. I love Venezia. Venezia and Venezia 2011 are like sister but this one is the adult one. A scent for a woman who knows what she wants...

Äkta skatt! Underbar, sexig, flörtig, elegant, superklassisk. En doft för superpuman. Jag älskar Venezia. Venezia och Venezia 2011 är som syskon, där denna är den mest vuxna av de två. En doft för kvinnan som vet vad hon vill...

kismetdaisy

Right, sounded funny to me too. If you look up reviews for In Control Curious on here and other places, a few people have mentioned their similarities. The note pyramid here is sort of a dead give away that these two can't possibly be similar. This is definitely way more complex at any rate, and I know there's some perfumistas reading this probably resenting the fact that they've been compared, lol. Time to blind buy now ... Must have this!

Amarilis60
Amarilis60

No, I can't see any similarities between Curious and Venezia ! It sounds even funny))))

kismetdaisy

I have heard this perfume being compared several times to Britney Spears In Control Curious... That can't possibly be true, is it? I love In Control, but this perfume seems far more sophisticated and a 90's classic, a woody oriental made before the syrupy sweet scents of today came to pass. I'm an Italian woman, so this would be perfect for me ;) I'm actually considering going for a blind buy on this one. I have been looking for a scent such as this with a prominent cinnamon note. Sounds delectable. Anyone here find this to be similar to In Control as well?

likes2paint
likes2paint

I bought a small bottle of this little jewel. I find it to be very uplifting, and difficult to describe! The jasmine is the strongest note for me, but thankfully, it is not a jasmine monster. There is a beautiful soft rose, hiding behind the jasmine. This is the first perfume where the civet does not smell like cat pee! It is very pretty, and too expensive to use every day. I will wear it in the Christmas holidays. I would enjoy wearing this more, but unfortunately, it is discontinued. Why are all the good ones just chucked in the bin, and the rubbish continues to swell the shelves!!!

Kimreu
Kimreu

I LOVE this fragrance...I can break it down for the 'simple nose' very easily...this is grandpa's tobacco pipe...mix in a bit of fruit and sweetness. Very 90's. I wore this on my first vacation with my (now) husband in the late 90's to an extremely swanky restaurant. I thought for sure he would propose...he didn't. My father thought I was sipping port when he smelled this perfume on me that day. This perfume brings back the ironic romanticness of that day as well as the heavy complexity of an amazing fragrance. Venezia smells of tobacco, vanilla, fruit and sweetness...it does smell like wine too. Spray yourself in the vintage 'Venezia' and watch the movie 'Letters to Juliet' and think of the 'one that got away' while sipping wine...that is the essence of this fragrance.

stormyla
stormyla

I tried really hard to like this fragrance but just couldn't. The vintage EDT is just too fruity, boozy and sweet on me. Sometimes it seems syrupy and other times, powdery. It straddles the fence tipping both ways over the cloying line.

The longevity is great and the bottle is charming.

MirageMirage
MirageMirage

My first perfume ever!It was given to me as a gift, when I was a child. It really made a strong impression; it's very unique, can't come up with anything that is similar to this one. Brings back flashbacks ;)

FairyDust

Michel Almairac did not create this masterpiece, master perfumer Maurice Roucel did. Why did this site suddenly change the name of its creator? Michel Almairac created the new 2011 version which is a poor rendition of the original, lacking in all its magic of richness, beauty, and depth. For years this site listed Maurice Roucel as the creator of the original. But now that the new version is out this site decided to change the designer's name on the original? Why?

blacktaffeta
blacktaffeta

This review is for the vintage edition with the pointy cap. It's still findable on ebay, but not cheap.

It's wonderful. I already have and adore Roma (vtg)which is close to signature-worthy for me, and Venezia Pastello which is charming. I can see that Venezia Pastello is indeed a pastel version of this, what a lovely idea.

Anyway, Venezia itself is a beautiful oriental, warm, seductive and complex. Both classy and a little naughty, which is a good trick for a fragrance to achieve in my book! Very well blended so that no particular note stands out for me. It develops over time, and longevity is very good - the drydown was still apparent the next morning.

As with so many of the great fragrances from the recent past, I can only suggest we all grab them while they are still around.

freddinos
freddinos

I was incredibly lucky to find a 5ml miniature and a 25 ml bottle of the original EDT on eBay. At first, without knowing that the original was available also in EDT strength, I thought I was buying the new reformulated EDT. Upon receiving the bottles though, there was no doubt these beauties came straight from the 90s, with their beautiful italian murano-shaped glass bottles and bell tower caps. As for the perfume... As a teenager in the 90s, I must admit Venezia wasn't one of the perfumes I owned. Nevertheless it was extremely popular back then, and I was flooded with memories from my youth upon first sniff. On my skin, Venezia EDT opens with a very spicy dried plum accord. It almost reminds me of dried plums stewed in spices-nutmeg, a bit of clove, allspice, mace- that my grandmother used to make as a dessert during Lent:) I also get a hint of an animalic, sort of 'dirty' undertone, but not unpleasant. This spicy opening lasts for a good hour on me, and after that the perfume indeed is that familiar smell from 20 years ago, with its warm ambery base wrapping me like a cozy blanket. I so love Venezia, its spicy opening isn't my favorite part in any way, but I still love it. Mostly because of everything it represents. Venezia and a couple more 90s scents (Tuscany Per Donna, Montana, Organza, Samsara) were hallmarks of an era -not very memorable or special fashion or lifestyle wize- that inherited us some gems of modern perfumery nonetheless

tterekhova
tterekhova

I bought it in Duty Free when travelling first time in Italy. I needed to take something with me from Venezia and this looked like a good idea. Never could understand the scent and never felt it on me. But the bottle was great.

opa

Oh, my Venezia! I am so so much in love with you!! I'm able to detect your presence among many many others collected together and became so addicted to your mesmerising, sensual and dazzling veil's presence.. I can't control it - I got addicted to you as a poor one once fallen in love where after he/she can't exist without his/her subject of love any more since.. Very physic feeling..

xabaras
xabaras

I have been wanting to try this vintage Venezia for years, and I finally managed to put my hands on a very expensive sample. I put it on, and what hit me was a very gourmand bourbon note... Very intense, a bit old fashioned, but pleasant. Then a hint of plum note came up making it slightly sweeter. It remained like this for a couple of hours. Now, in the drydown all I can smell is dry soap. Not very pleasant, as it makes me think of when you accidentally taste soap while in the shower. It can't be so disappointing, can it? I've been raving about this one! I want to like it...

opa

An update for the original version of this frag: the longevity is perfect - after two or three very modest applications with my finger on to areas of behind ears and jugular notch I had been enjoying this adorable aroma since 11.00 am and until next morning - it could be lasting even longer but I took a good shower over myself and this was a reason to that to stop. The composition had its development phase and then it was like constant vibration of soft, smooth and very much comforting delicate waves around me where intensity of coming aromatic waves depended on an intensity of body movement. To me it is a most comforting elegant but still very feminine perfection in a bottle!

opa

I have just received 50 ml bottle of an original version of this beauty I found online. Oh! That is it! Had previously bought a 2 ml decant of the 2011 reproduction - so now I can to compare them. The original one is a pure delight for me, enjoyable in every aspect of it. It has definitely more depth and density and is simply embracing me all in its adorable veil. It has some bitter notes in it which enrich the whole composition. Love, love it so much!! Can't say anything about longevity right now-too short time to conclude anything about that but, I believe it wouldn't be not decent because of even the 2011 reproduction stays on me for a whole day. They both are not screaming about their presence and stay close to skin. The later version is a bit sweeter and has a little lack of the compositional richness compare to its predecessor. However they both are beauties and I will buy a big bottle of a 2011 version as soon as I found it.

akats
akats

I thought I hadn't smell this before, untill I had my own vintage bottle. Then I said. What a familiar smell!!. I must have smell it hundreads of times back in 90's on several women. It was such a succes and never tested it in on my skin. To be honest, Venezia is not my type of fragrance. Yet, I confess that it has a unique quality and a sensual sillage that is so rare to find. It is such a beauty! The fragrance starts with black currants, mango and plums. Sweet sour and that stage reminds me a bit of Boucheron's Initial. This stage is modest, subtle and close to skin. As time goes by, the smell develops and starts screaming. It gets stronger and stronger and sillage is heavy. After 5 hours the perfume is really strong!This is crazy but marvelous....Fruits are still there, (you can smell the top notes) but flowers and the base notes have given it a warmer and animalic taste.
This perfume is an orchestra and plays the Ravel's Bollero as it starts smoothly, slow and the same acchords grow louder and louder together with bass and other musical instruments added.
What can I say? RESPECT....

RugosaAlba
RugosaAlba

For me Venezia is memorable and unique fragrance, nor before 1994 when I purchased it or after 1994 I have smelled something quite like Venezia. And if there are plenty of perfumes like this, than forgive me my ignorance.
I highly appreciate when the perfume designers try to express the historic or architectural vibe of the place. It seems, Laura Biagiotti put a lot of love in it.
Venezia and her status as a very important link between Orient and Occident, its opulence, its heavy gold, it's love-all of it is in this bottle.
The color and the density of the perfume, the design of the cap and even the box design work
futher to enhance the impression and convey the historic and romantic vibe.
I felt how designer tried to convey a metallic (golden) note through cinnamon with black current, other fruits and florals. This is complex soft, sweet(with slight bitterness) smell that is wearable and never left people neutral.
For better or worst but people always noticed it on me and some commented. So I learned to use it sparingly, not to overwealm people's senses.
I also felt at that time that most of people sarrounding me simply were not ready for this fragrance.
There were couple of the notes, that I had problem tolerating when I got pregnant(probably civet and iris) and so I had to say good-by to Venezia forever.
I would say then in 90s it seemed such an aberration from where perfume industry especially in US was heading towards.

I appreciate that they reissued it this year 2012, and removed civet note, I am sure I will go back and try it again.

Ponyfields
Ponyfields

Just got a sample of this today. Smelled lovely on the paper, notes of cinnamon, jasmine and something sharp and almost feral smelling. Spicy and grown up and a little bit dangerous. It lasts forever and envelops you in a little aura of scent.

However...

When I wear it seems like all the notes have ganged up to smell like tuberose, which is like the nasal equivalent of kryptonite to me. Absolutely awful; cloying and samey.

oona noir
oona noir

I thought I'd love this one but it turned into loads and loads of URINE on me. :(
Edit: I don't know what happened when I tried it the first time, but I'm giving it another go right now and I'm having a totally different experience. My husband smelled it and his comment was "Honey. Lavender honey."

Jellybean
Jellybean

Average.
floral notes, plum and civet. last part makes me cringe, the thought of smelling like it.... something here reminds me of combination of quelques fleurs and aftershave. once vanilla and benzoin begin to sparkle with their creaminess it becomes the loveliest part of the fragrance.
I could only hope Venice smelled anything close to this.
Hence the name, it does not fit within the context of Venice's past or present.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

I had high hopes - the description and reviews made me think it might be right up my alley. Unfortunately, on my skin, the opening fruity notes seemed almost non-existent; I got a soft, confused sweetness with a strange plastic undertone. As the development continued, all I was smelling was a strange almost tobacco-like note, with no other tones. A disappointment for me.

lisalgreer
lisalgreer

Adore this. It was my signature scent throughout some of jr. high and high school. Wish I could find it again for a reasonable price or something like it. I must look around on the site...

KimmiCakes
KimmiCakes

I received my first bottle when I was 15. It was a sample that my neighbor gave to me because I was so in love with it. Bought my first bottle when I was 23, had it on when I met my husband. He worked at the swankiest restaurant in our city and I received RAVES every time I wore it there. It made me feel hip and grown up. The chef would literally come bury his head in my neck every time he saw me and said it was the most delicious scent ever. I wore when I was married on a beach in Jamaica. I am now 34 and haven't worn it since I was 30. I have a big bottle stashed so I can remember the fun of my youth. And I am so glad I did. I can't wear it anymore, it comes of as too sweet of a scent for me., I lost my "passion" for it, but never will I lose the memory of my passionate twentys thanks to this magical gem. *sigh*

jasminmania
jasminmania

My first love perfume I cant buy I smelled in magazine page o lala very hot I was in 13

Ieva_st
Ieva_st

This perfume reminds me the indian summer - warm and sunny early autumn. Lovely!

Lotto.Lupus
Lotto.Lupus

My all-time favourite perfume. I bought 5 ml of it in the 90s, when I was about 13. Had to choose among no less than 50 scents. My first perfume ever. Ever since I would remember of it knowing only its name, Venezia, and would try to find it, but without much result.

It was not until last year when I finally discovered who produced it and bought a bottle. It's a great classic scent, men love it, women do too! Very exquisite and subtle. A real treat, a rare find. Adorable!

PS Oh, and my Dad loves this one. He still does. He first gave me the compliment when I was a teen, and I still remember it to this very day. Men generally find this scent very feminine and are quite attracted by its sweetness. I think Venezia encompasses everything that men love in a woman. For days when I want to make a statement I would prefer more modern perfumes, that would smell much more bold, synthetic, bright, but this one... It's is a bottle that contains the essence of the Feminine Spirit. To me, it unveils how it is to be a Woman, or, rather, The Woman.

This smells like what I imagine riding a scooter through an open air market in Italy would smell like: Ozone, new leather, fruit perfume.Lovely, evocative, modern perfume. It's very different from so many of the hundreds and hundreds of scents I've tried it stands out by a mile. Great scent.

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

hmmmm, Finally I got my big bottle of Venezia Original. All the juice is worth of its money, definitely. This brings huge much good feeling from memories *back then* when used this while being my 20´s. This is one of the worlds greatest scents. Eaven if I have not tested them all.... smiling, still I dare to say that ! ;D Just have that kinda feel. ;) Definitely thumbs up for this scent.

syracusa
syracusa

My very first perfume, bought with my very first earned money. All I remember is that I very much wanted to smell "high-end" and "lady-like" and seemed as if nothing lasted on me. I was also as unsophisticated as it gets. I bought this one because it came across as very strong to me and I wanted to make that statement or what!! I ended up being told by my father that I stunk to High Heavens - that I smelled horrible.
So much for memories from this perfume. I would certainly not go back.

passionata20

My second review for original version of "Venezia"

It is strange how "Venezia" reacts with my skin depending on the weather. I do like to wear it sometimes during early autumn days when it is not that chilly yet, but not that hot anymore, but yesterday (01.november) it was quite chilly already here where i live and it completly changed it´s smell on me. It was dry and bitter somehow. I couldn´t detect any warm notes that i have detected earlier. I couldn´t get rid of the possible smell of tobacco (must be geranium). I remeber when i wore it also on early spring days it was the same thing, but later when it became bit warmer the smell was more gorgeous than before. I do enjoy wearing it with leather jackets, it suits them best i guess. Yesterday it reminded me quite a lot how it smelled of a new release of "Venezia", so dry and cold it has turned on me... I guess i will save it now until warmer days next spring :)
P.S. But the staying power is very good. i wore it yesterday and i can still smell it today on my skin and hair. That´s what i really like! :)

Belil
Belil

I have a vintage mini of this gem and I'm using it very rarely and sparingly.
It was a gift from an older lady, that brought it from Italy in the nineties, she gave it to me when I was 19 or 20 and at that time I couldn't appretiate it at at all. It seemed chokingly sweet and too mature for me.
Only after geting into perfumes and being 26 years old I rediscovered this beauty and was glad I didn't give it up to anyone.
To me it's sensual spicy plums in rum and many other beautiful things. I'm also glad it works great with my skin chemistry, creamy sexy beauty. I've sniffed the new version on the paper blotter too, but I still have to test it on my skin to know if it's as good as the old one.

johngreenink
johngreenink

I got this for my mom on a whim back in the early '90's, and it became her most-worn fragrance. My mom was very pale with delicate skin, and I recall this smelled really great on her, and really complimented her in many ways. Such a great scent - she was all smiles when she was wearing it :-)

Aqua218
Aqua218

I finally know what all of the fuss is about! My mom's friend was giving away a bunch of her "old" perfumes to make room for her "new" babies and I managed to score 4 classics - one of them being a barely used 50ml bottle of LB Venezia.

At first sniff I detected a dusty fruit, which I'm guessing is the sandalwood and plum, but that dusty quality disappeared pretty fast and the sandalwood turned creamier and smoother. What remained was a creamy fruitiness, but not the sickly-sweet type. More adult and well-rounded. If this perfume were a dessert it would be the classic Bahamian delicacy - stewed coco plums with sweet cream. I can definitely smell the honeyed prune, vanilla, benzoin and sandalwood. The flowers are virtually undetectable though.

Overall a very pretty, feminine, fruity-sweet scent. I'm not in love, but definitely in strong like.

fayireton
fayireton

I've just read a damning reveiew of the new venezia....I really don't expect the new one to be exactly the same, but please!! It can't be as bad as the review on the profile of the new 2011 venezia. Fingers crossed its going to be good :/

FairyDust

My absolute favorite of all time! My sweet hubby's too! He always makes sure I have it. Been wearing it since it first launched. The bottle is exquisite and dreamy just like the contents. Lasts forever and is very memorable, haunting, addictive.

Scarlette
Scarlette

Fantastic stuff! Plummy, honeyed, heady, sunny richness! I adore it, and will be repurchasing!

Hyponse
Hyponse

Oh, another memory! I used to love this! I remember this to be both floral and have a hint of musk.

Letylda
Letylda

Venezia, I do really miss you! Plese come back to me again.

smellsliketeenspirit

Hey, I've just noticed a review on here by the exec editor about New Venezia! Bottle looks different. I wonder if the perfume contains synthetic musk????

Angel10

I'm getting scared & sad again....I sometimes wish I didn't love perfume as much as I do.....it shouldn't be a big deal right?

Sarah Bas Eleazar

Will I get it in Viena?? Where?

jazz444
jazz444

I wonder how many people are going to be swinging their purses around like Gladys Ormphby to get to the counter first to purchase what, in my world, is the most bewitching women's scent ever. I have worn it since 1993 when I smelled it as a scent strip in a magazine, and fell instantly in love. This is the fragrance that has won me more compliments than any other--from women, men, robots, giraffes...you get my point.

Can't wait for the autumn. In the meantime, perhaps I should consider practicing some purse-swinging skills. :)

Angel10

Thank you Malia for your lovely review! You are a sweetheart. I am getting excited.....let's pray it has not been reformulated!

Please save a bottle for me!

delphine67
delphine67

What A fantastic news that venezia will be released again in fall. That will make me so happy coz I always loved this scent and many others does to.
If It will be availlable here I will stock up some bottles

Oww happy day ;-)

miki1968
miki1968

i'm very curious too if will be the same fragrance...but i think they will use new ingredients and must see if it will have the same long lasting power

malia
malia

Oooh... What a news!!! It will be re-released again!!!! Dear Angel10, i hope you will forget your sad day, cause i wish that Venezia would finally come to you. And it will! It will be a happy dolce day! Venezia, we are waiting for you!! You won't regret, you are soooo loved.

Soutty123
Soutty123

Oooh I wore this in the 1990s and I would love to try it again. I really hope this is true. Can't wait to smell it again. I hope it's as lovely as I remember it.

****Re-Release of Venezia****

Venezia will be out again this fall in a Limited Edition bottle!

Thank you evah2003 for the info!!

Sarah Bas Eleazar

If you want this aroma, try: "Amber Romance" Victoria Secret (moisturizer). It is equal.

smellsliketeenspirit

Venezia was the first bottle of perfume that I bought! I remember it well.....first overseas holiday to Tenerife back in 1995. I must have spent ages in duty-free before we left, testing every perfume, until I finally was swept away by this one. I remember I had to borrow some money in order to pay for it :-)

After many years, I have just bought a bottle on eBay for a stupendous amount and I'm wishing I hadn't because if I had taken off the rose-tinted glasses for one moment, and checked the ingredients, I would have realised that two of the ingredients are musk and civet!!

Not good! (yes, I know a lot of perfumes contain them) Nostalgia got the better of me, AND I have squirted a whole bottle of the stuff on me back in the 90's (and it will always have a special place in my heart) but I will most probably be selling it back on eBay. Kicking myself as I type!
If anyone is interested, it's a 25ml EDT bottle.

@katleg7: if you try on such an old scent it can be that you reacted to it. That's like you would eat very old food. You really shouldn't use such very old scents that probably have gone bad.

katleg7

BTW- didn't break out where I put the EDT- just my forearms near it.- puzzling.

katleg7

This was my go to in college and it's been my unicorn since! I so love this fragrance. I purchased a bottle on e-bay a bit ago and tried it and it's a bit sweeter than I remember but the tobacco and musk that come up after it settles into my skin is magic and I can't stop smelling it- I'm with most of you when I say I wish and hope they bring this scent back to the market. One thing though- does anyone know if old perfume chemistry might be harmful? I put it on and later my arms broke out in hives. It could have been something else, but my husband is convinced I'm allergic- GASP! There were other things that night it could have been So I'm waiting to try it again. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue with perfumes- I don't really wear them anymore (other than this one).

I had it back then and liked it much. It was one of my first fragrances and I treated it very carefully :) Nowadays I would be curious to test it again and see how I find it. If I remember right it's a nice oriental with a romantic note. I think that Yves Rocher "Venise" comes close to this, but it's so long ago that I might be mistaken.

Jazzy76
Jazzy76

I have a bottle of this famous fragrance
(50 ml)...new, never used, is anyone interested ?

treenhe
treenhe

i wore this at college too and how i loved it! what a shame it is no longer around. i remember it's warmth, the iris, carnation and how 'italian' it was. just beautiful. it lasted ages on me. just thinking about it makes me wish i still had my bottle :(

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

When oh when will they bring this back? There truly isn't anything like Venezia. The flower notes and base sandalwood are ridiculously sultry. This multifaceted perfume unfurls throughout the day and literally lasts for hours and hours.

janmcm
janmcm

I'd love to get this again, I wore it when I was at college and absolutely loved it.

"She's Ma Cherry Pie!"
That's a great song....Tee hee!
It DOES smell like cherry pie, and so much more!!

This will always be one of my top 5 fragrances, even if I cannot seem to get it or win it!

Happyvalleygirl
Happyvalleygirl

This was my favorite go to scent in the '90s. I miss it. It's sweet and spicy. My mother always said that it smelled like cherry pie.

Angel10

Thank you sooo much passionata20 for approaching the source to try and bring back this beauty!! It is very expensive to buy online......MUCH more than it was when in production of course!
I think I should do the "Facebook" thing too! Maybe us squeaky wheels will get some grease!

I LOVE THIS STUFF.

Venezia is amazing....bodacious & very rich at the same time. I love this thick & velvety wonder!
Very Italian, which I love.
I think some people may think it too much today...but I love the BIG ones, and this is a biggy!

Does anyone know of a scent-twin???? Puleeez!

**************Sad Day****** May 15, 2011******************
I have officially moved this beauty from my LOVE list to my LIKE list, as I have been outbid for the 13th time on ebay,and I need to let her go. I am not meant to have her anymore. I need to pretend my darling Venezia has passed on, and no longer exists.

***Venezia, you were truly special, and you will be missed***

Inche
Inche

I have had Venezia and Roma for a long time.

LADIES!!!!
Laura Biagiotti has a Facebook page and yesterday i wote them following:
"Please Signora Biagiotti! Tell Procter&Gamble who distributes your perfume line now to start producing "Sotto Voce" and "Venezia" again!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! You can´t imagine how many people miss those fragrances, jst browse forums and you will find out! Those has been truly missed since they are also very unique fragrances that cannot be replaced by any others! If they would be relaunched you would make a LOT (and i really mean LOT) of people happy. I read all the time that people write to perfume divison asking (begging) to bring them back to the market, but so far no sucsess. Maybe You could influence them?"

And the answer was following:
"Thanks for loving our fragrances so much! We hope to get back to soon with good news! In the meantime don't forget that Roma is a unique and distinctive fragrance, try it! I wear it everyday!"

That gives me hope that if everyone who loves this perfume could write something similar to her FB page they would finally understand that this fragrance in a high demand and really could influence Procter&Gamble to relaunch it.
So all you Laura Biagiotti discontinued fragrances fans post a message on her facebook page and we might get lucky someday!

Aureliev
Aureliev

Ce parfum m'avait été offert dans les années 80 par mon père et il ressemblait beaucoup à Poison.

passionata20

I read a lot of fascinating reviews about this perfume here so i decided to try it since when it was available i didn´t care about it, my love was "sotto voce".
My general opinion about this one is: "plastic!!" . The bottle and the fragrance just get me the feeling of something plastic.
But i like it! It´s not in a bad way plastic, it is just an impression, association. What i like about this one is that this is not an ordinary fragrance and not very common, that´s the greatest value in fragrance for me.
When i try to detect the notes i feel plum note and rose note with a bit of carnation. I do not know why but i also want to say that there is cherry inside, though i see that there is no cherry here. I guess it´s just because of the bottle, when looking at it i think that it should be a cherry fragrance :)
So it is kind of "synthetic" scent for me but i really appreciate it, not sure about should i buy more or 1 bottle is enough. Have to test it in the spring, since it is not a winter time fragrance when it´s -10C outside.

UPDATE: It is funny but "Venezia" is quite cold fragrance. What i mean is that it is quite sweet and has honey note but unlike others sweet fragrances associates with soething cold in my mind, not warm like "Dolce vita" for example. It is hard to explain, but i think because of that i get the "plastic" association with this fragrance. I have tried it during summer time and colder time of the year and it doesn´t warm me up like others. It is interesting, but still leaves me feeling cold. I like it a lot but i don´t love it as i wanted to.

full_of_colours
full_of_colours

My memory of this scent is sweet, warm tobacco.
There is nothing quite like it.

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

I' ve been so happy I found it! But it is not what I expected...I thought it was somehow similar to Roma, but better, more vanillary-powdery... Instead, it is similar to Profumo di benessere by collistar O_o: a floral-green fragrance!!! Maybe another fragrance that doesn't work with my chemistry :/

I found a bottle EDT on swedish ebay(Tradera) and I love this scent. Deep, feminine, sexy, longlasting, A wonderful scent that makes me feel special. To sad its not availible to buy anymore.

En härlig djup, kvinnlig och sensuell doft. En doft som sitter länge på huden, därför väldigt dryg.

rosabell
rosabell

Laura Biagiotti is now owned by Procter & Gamble ... they should be asked about it ... But it's a shame and a very stupid idea to remove this perfect scent from the market. Lots of women would buy it, even a little changed if they have to... I own 2 bottles, one full and one almost finished and I treasure every litle spritz ... When it was fully available everywhere I was a very young student and couldn't afford it ! :) Now that the price wouldn't make any difference it is not available...What a shame and wrong sales decision!

SmokinBetty
SmokinBetty

I too loved this and wore it all the time and like many others I was angry when they stopped making it! Like others I have emailed Biagiotti and never once received a reply, how rude!
I always look for this when abroad and never ever find it either, I lived in Italy for 5 years and still did not have any luck.
They should seriously reconsider and put this back on the market in the original formulation, they could not lose, so what's stopping them?

guest_lljwagg
guest_lljwagg

Whoever - in their infinite wisdom - decided to stop producing this precious and beautiful perfume, needs to be sacked, post haste!!
I have sent email after email to the Laura Biagiotti fashion label asking WHEN it will be re-introduced EXACTLY as it was last produced.
I have not had one reply.
So sad, as the demand for this perfume, which is the best perfume I have ever owned and smelled, surely must exceed it's demand first time around.
If they bring it back, I am stockpiling it!
There is NOTHING out there to compete or compare with it, heaven knows - I have tried.
The fragrance is like a bowl of warm summer fruit, so delicious and deep. One squirt lasts all day (and longer even in washed clothes), the fragrance changing subtly all the time, one minute rich, the next sweet. Fabulous stuff, and unique. This was my essence, and it was cruelly ripped away from me.
DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT PEOPLE!
WE SHOULD BOMBARD THE COMPANY WITH EMAILS DEMANDING IT'S RETURN!!
Headquarters: mail@laurabiagiotti.it
Products: cristina@laurabiagiotti.it
Press: press@laurabiagiotti.it

Sheva
Sheva

I have just received the Long Lost Perfume version of this old favorite of mine. Needless to say that I am ecstatic to have found something that resembles Venezia so closely, however, this one came across as stronger and sharper than what I remember. Maybe in my 'make up for lost time haste', I overdid it a little, so I will come back and edit once the elation of finding it calms down to allow reasonable application :)

Edit: I have to say that I am a little disappointed because I thought the "original formula" remake would exactly be like Venezia. But the Long Lost version is very synthethic-like and sharp. The original Venezia developed beautifully to a warm, strong but soft heart and a divine dry down. This version somehow remains the same all the way until it fades without developing (or so it feels to me).

Endymion
Endymion

Venezia is a very, very good fragrance. Refine, captivating, feminine, timeless. It's was very popular, and still popular - reading the reviews everywhere - so it's a complete mistery why the company stopped producing it (and also Laura another popular fragrance of theirs)...

So instead of Venezia (Venezia Pastello, Laura, Sotto Voce, Emotion, Tempore) they rather release indifferent fragrances like Biagotti Donna, Due, Aqua di Roma, etc. I don't know who is the person behind these decisions but s/he should be punished!

guest_Veby
guest_Veby

Adoraba este perfume, no he encontrado otro como él, era el mio y ahora me falta algo :-( ¿alguien conoce alguno parecido?

purr_verse
purr_verse

This is the only perfume where complete strangers come up to me and ask what I'm wearing because they love it so much. It's been my favourite perfume for over a decade; I own two full-size bottles and three minis - hunted down and collected at painful expense - and am so dreading the day they run out.
I've never loved another perfume like it.

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

I have had Venezia for a long time.
I bought it years ago just to complete my Biagiotti collection (but without Roma which I thought was just too much of everything).
My Venezia is completey unused because I always felt I was not old enough to wear it, or let me say I felt way too young at heart and got stuck with he sweet and fresh scents that I still love the most.
But I feel that this fall/winter will be the perfect time to use it.
As the bottle I own is a 50ml one, there is plenty in it to give my colleagues a headache and make them wonder what happened to my clean office scents.
Venezia is the only heavy scent I own and I will probably not go for another heavy scent in many years to come but then... who knows... maybe I will become addicted to it and buy all the stock from Irma Shorell.

janudy
janudy

Thank the Lord--I don't love this enough to buy this. I don't think I could handle searching for another discontinued beauty. This opened strange on me--like a sharpie marker. After awhile, the sharpie marker dies down and a beautiful, plummy rose emerges. This strikes me as a holiday scent for some reason--something I would reserve for a fancy Christmas party.

Cereza
Cereza

Tested this today and this is very, very beautiful. It opens like something I've never experienced before. I feel rich fruits, must be from plums. Venezia is so seductive, sophisticated, rich and dark. At the heart I feel bulgarian rose I'm usually not fund off, but here it's so shy and well blended with all the other notes that it is impossible not to love this. Why do they stopped making this? I saw the price on ebay for the EDP and my heart brakes :(

Sarah Bas Eleazar

Venezia is like "Lou Lou splash" Cacharel ( not modern Lou Lou spray, cause the´re different)

Love it!

guest_billy mo
guest_billy mo

you can buy a very,very good inmetashen
venezia by parfuemeur@web.de.the perfumeis nice good also long wy perfumextre.

Carla
Carla

The bells in St. George's tower toll in this perfume! Laura Biagiotti created the ambiance of Venice when she produced Venezia in 1992. Although her previous creations are worth wearing, Venezia was her greatest work with it's fine aroma and scenic surrounding scent of Venice.

Upon applying this liquid luxury, the black current note stands out in full form. Neighboring the black current on either side is the fruity notes of peach and mango
sidelined by of course, Italian bergomot that is dusted with geranium. Sounds like this will be a fruity floral right? Not quite! There are more surprises to come! The spice from the carnation crawls into act two and meets up with the iris, rose and ylang ylang. Then the cedar creeps in and suddenly an aroma of a retro hope chest evolves adding a distinct woody essence with a spicy undertone. A touch of cinnamon a spray of jasmine and a splash of amber introduce themselves. OK, so now we have a floral fruity woody spicy scent right? No, were not done just yet. Appearing in the final act is the sandalwood, tonka bean and civet and as the amber and cedar from the heart steps down into the base and joins the creamy vanilla we now experiencing the oriental flavor. The end result, a floral fruity spicy woody oriental. Amazing! The 22 notes compiled in this fragrance are so well orchestrated that some notes are not even detected, superior blending by Biagiotti.

Talented Biagiotti, aka the "Cashmere Queen", was obviously born a scent-full master as opposed to a "scentless apprentice" as reflected in her perfume wizardry . Sadly, Venezia is a discontinued perfume which is scarce and difficult to attain here in the U.S. With an extensive search and a little luck it can be found. If this type fragrance is not of your preference, consider the bottle as it is a unique replica of the bell tower, a skillful piece of work simulating Venetian artistry. The box its contained in with its antique gold like and distressed texture is appealing as well. I'm over the top on this one as for me presentation adds to the appeal. This is a romantic evening fragrance to wear on a date with your mate and/or wear it alone for your own selfish pleasure. Longevity is 5-7 hours for the EDT and longer, 7-9 hours for the EDP. To date, I have not come across another scent of this kind. On a scale of 1-10 , this elegant, exotic sexy scent is a 10!

At any rate, Venezia is a real go-get-her. Run, don't walk and try to obtain this perfume. She's a twentieth century fox!

MsMaryO
MsMaryO

Thanks to a very kind and generous fragrantica member I finally have a sample of this fabulous fume! I am an oriental lover so I knew I would like this, but OMG, this is possibly the most beautiful fragrance I've ever experienced. A perfect blend of floral, fruit and spice, it's warm and very intimate. You will want to snuggle up to the love of your life when you wear this. I will treasure my sample and use it only for very special occasions...so so beautiful.

Bought on eBay a few days back and was eager to try on. To my great dismay, it smelled very masculine on my skin. I was lured into buying it based on the wonderful reviews here, but definitely not my cup of tea.

guest_maria luisa
guest_maria luisa

yo usaba ese perfume y no encuentro ninguno parecido,era el que mas me gustaba,ojala lo volvieran hacer.

guest_tamsue
guest_tamsue

Please someone tell me a parfume that smell like Venezia.
I have tried so many but none compare.
Any suggestions would help so very much.
Thanks,
Tamsue

Mirella
Mirella

Can someone please recommend one perfume that can match with Venezia's smell. Im a Venezia's lover and I would like to buy a perfum that reminds me that wonderful smell.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

I spoke with someone who claimed they used to work for this company. The Laura Biagiotti company that made Venizia. My cousin was looking high and low for this fragrance and it went from there. The woman was very kind. She said the reason that this fragrance was discontinued was because it didn't really catch on like Angel and the other fragrances of it's time did as far as sales go. One thing we have to understand is that we are the consumers and they make these products for us so if you really want this scent back we must DEMAND it back. I haven't ever smelled it before but I would like to. Here is the company info

Products:
Cristina Landi
Fax +39 0774 570633
email: Cristina@laurabiagiotti.it

If you guys want this fragrance back you must bombard them with e-mails. Good luck and happy smelling!

c3c
c3c

guest_pumuky ~ While I have no idea why they stopped it (gasp!) I can say you can purchase it decanted at theperfumedcourt.com, or in the bottle on ebay, but the perfumed court has size choices for cost options. Ebay you have to watch for deals. They are asking ridiculous prices for even a mini. I guard my Venezia jealously. ;)

guest_pumuky
guest_pumuky

does anyony know why they stopped it?I am a migrain person and I had a hard time to find a farfum that wouldn´t give me a headache but Venezia was the only one but now I don ´t know where to find it anymore:(

vertigo
vertigo

EDT:
I was very curious to try Venezia because it's classified here as a oriental woody, but, for me, it's more an oriental-fruity-spicy.

The moment it touched my skin I knew that I had smelled it already... Someone from my childhood wore it. I think it was my mum's friend - a beautiful, loud, sexy, red-haired woman. I admired her and loved when she hugged me. She would let me play with her eyeshadows.

I can detect fruits in the top notes: plum plus something else, juicy and a bit tart. Then some cinnamon and notes that add to the acridity of this fragrance: probably geranium ... Rose is also clear. The drydown is a bit dirty, animalistic.
So for me Venezia edt is a sour fruity-oriental. Makes my head spin a bit ...

Definitely a scent with a specific spirit, but not my cup of tea.

guest_lowly
guest_lowly

it's wonderfull

dianacreole

Dear So, I'm glad you feel as passionate as I do! I too have a bottle but there's only a very dark dried up spot left and try as I might, I can't smell it properly! Thank you for your description! And I agree with you, I just wish I was that lucky woman who bought the recipe!

And Amarilla, thank u for the glimmer of hope!

Amarilia,
You are just fantastic letting us know, us broken hearted!!!
Thank you so much!!

Amarilia
Amarilia

To all Venezia lovers, you can still purchase the SCENT (but not in the original and unique bottle though) from Irma Shorell /Long lost perfumes (US)I can tell you it is fantastic, as according to their site, it is original receipe version of LB. I have it, and love it. Venezia used to be my one and only signature scent back in 1992-95, and I was devistated to find it to be discontinued later. It took me so many years to find it again :) I'll never stop wearing it!

So
So

dear dianacreaole, you really impressed me. I am another great lover of this perfume, a pearson who cannot understand WHY is this perfume discontinued. I did not only "like" this perfume. I LOVED it !!! Happily - girls, don't hate me ;-) - I still have half of an old bottle. It expired a long time ago, I know, I am aware of it, but I love it so much, so I'm happy with the remains of it...
So, dianacreole, it smells like... cherry (must be the plum, really, but I perceive it like cherry)and vanilla, rich and sophisticated. Someone said it smells like (Platinum?) Egoiste Chanel and I agree, even if this is for men.
I sometimes believe that someone loved this perfume so much that it simply bought the receipt from Mrs. Biagiotti, in order to have it just for herself... Otherwise I cannot understand WHY...

dianacreole

This was my first signature scent from the time it first came out until it disappeared. I was so heartbroken that when I could no longer find it, i did an complete 180 and when to white florals as I knew I could never replace it. I'm finally back to wearing Orientals and have fallen in love with Thierry Mugler but, will always remember this fondly.

I was trying to think of what smells like this today and have no idea. Anyone?

Schnuffi
Schnuffi

This was my first perfum.
I've bought it when I was a teen about 12 years!
I loved it so much.

Anybody having any contacts with the Biagiotti company. Please explain to these people, that this perfume has to come back. It does not make any sense that they discontinued it in the first place..

swedeangel

I totally agree with you , WHY discontinue this? This has to be one of the most comforting orientals ever made. So rich,and creamy!

Tesla
Tesla

I faintly remember this rich beautiful smell from the 90's. It's long time discontinued and I'd love to smell it once again. Unfortunately it's impossible in my country to get Venezia. Even if it appears on auction sites it comes as insanely expensive. Besides I'm afraid that the remaining bottles could be just off.

naleiarenee
naleiarenee

OOOOH LA LA !! This AMAZING scent is one of a kind and is partly responsible for my perfume addiction !!!

swedeangel

So Italian, so wonderful ! A unique scent ,warm oriental-woody-musky - a very warm ,pleasing scent . Spicy but not overwhealming .

guest_lauravenezia
guest_lauravenezia

I am a huge fan of Venezia as well and was mortified when they discontinued it. But I found someone in Germany who produces a stunning imitation of the original! I have been using it for years now and am very satisfied with it. Just lately someone I haven't met for over a decade told me that I still smell the same way as back then.
You can order it via email under www.parfumeur@web.de

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Fantastic smell,i was very young when i had this because i got it from my older sister.I loved it so much,so she had no choice then to give it too me.You can really smell the cinnamon along with the fruits(I loove cinnamon).How can they discontinue all theese great frags?Is it too expensive to produse them or what?I am soo angry right now....

Why why why do they discontinue best scents?? I'm old enough to recall first time Venezia came out and I loved it! It's a complex, oriental-floral scent with great sillage and charme!

mags
mags

mmmmmmm.....love it....it's so sophisticated! it reminds me on venice, but at night! i found it a couple of weeks ago as a refill in a cosmetic store and didn't payed it much!. i couldn't believe it's this perfume, because i heard they stopped making it. i'm too young to remember this perfume in the 90s and this is the first time i really own it . my mum had it long time ago but i was just a little kid then...well, now i'm enyojing my refill in a plain bottle, though i would like to have original bottle. it has warm and gentle but spicy notes. it's not too heavy ,not too light...it's magical and i'm in love with it!

guest_k8tthy
guest_k8tthy

Hi has she really stopped making it? I sill love it the drop i bought off ebay wont last! LOVE LOVE.

guest_Frederica
guest_Frederica

You can still purchase it on ebay, a small EDT bottle runs about 25 dollars. I bought one and the scent in the bottle is the same as the one I purchased new 15 years ago.

Cris_Venesza
Cris_Venesza

I had it and wear it for a long time , i was in love with this scent , it's sweet but mysterious , magical ...not a unberable sweetnes ...a lovely one

kayka
kayka

it was unique one :)
fabulous fragrance!!
unfortunately, we can't find it anymore :(

this smell will be in my memories forever :)

minimalist
minimalist

Smells like Egoiste Chanel...maybe it's the cinnamon

essija
essija

Omg, I rec'd a sample of this and Now craving a large bottle. This could be my new signature scent. This is totally devine and classy. I put a dab on my wrist and immediately "got in the mood" if you know what I mean, I was reading a book at the time and realized this couple was on their first date so I don't know if it was that or the scent. but I was wanting to become very intimate immediately. This smells like spicey mixed w/ honey. Its a dream come true, now where can I find it w/out spending my life savings...

megi79
megi79

Venezia was my first real parfum and I love it. It was like second body, and everybody next to me were saying it was incredible me! I'm still looking something similar, please help me!!!

unfortunatly is discontinued :-(

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

Venezia definitely captures the heart of Venice - complicated, unique, classy, full of quality, and beautiful. It leaves a lasting impression. I have the 25 ml EDP and a mini of the EDT, and of course the EDP is stronger and longer lasting. I love both! I'm having a difficult time picking out the notes for this, but I know I can smell the cinnamon, jasmine and animalic notes. It's a great summer fragrance, but unfortunately is hard to find, and incredibly expensive for just the EDT.

Venezia by Laura Biagiotti 4.25 out of 5 based on 487 ratings and 118 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Laura Biagiotti Venezia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Laura Biagiotti Venezia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Venezia by Laura Biagiotti. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Venezia by Laura Biagiotti represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.