Designers » L » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

dislike

coconut
almond
tropical

Eau Gourmande Almond Coconut by Laura Mercier is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. Eau Gourmande Almond Coconut was launched in 2006. The fragrance features rosemary, tonka bean, almond, coconut, musk, vanilla, jasmine, heliotrope, ylang-ylang and brazilian rosewood.

Rosemary Tonka Bean Almond Coconut Musk Vanilla Jasmine Heliotrope Ylang-Ylang Brazilian Rosewood

Eau Gourmande Almond Coconut Fragrance Reviews

smellagent
smellagent

I like Almond /Coconut for a nice light sweet close to the skin fragrance. It starts out on me as mostly almond not much coconut. It has the vanilla and I smell some heliotrope. It almost reminds me of Pink Sugar without the harsh licorice opening. I don't see this lasting all day and I agree with others that it is almost a body mist. I do enjoy wearing it after a hot shower and jumping into clean sheets very comforting.

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

This is a lovely smell, if anyone remembers Paul Mitchell Shampoo in the early 90s, this is how it smells. Unfortunately it's too light for me.

fyrewoman
fyrewoman

I've had the perfume and body souffle. The body souffle lasts longer worn alone than the spray,on it's own. The spray is nice just not as long lasting. I have layered the two together and the outcome almost smelled like cooked bacon. I take it that too much toasted almond with tonka beans brought that out. Maybe the layering was too much for my skin.

I now have the Laura Mercier Sun Free Self Tanner and Body Bronzing Makeup which also smell identical to the Almond Coconut Body Souffle. It is so worth the price to have beauty products that serve more than one purpose. I get 2 in 1 with having beautifully bronzed skin while smelling like a dream.

LisaMari
LisaMari

the opening is nice cool coconut but it quickly becomes oddly mouldy like wet rotting almonds. I prefer the scent of the cream to the perfume, its sweeter and more coconutty.

Delicious_Scents
Delicious_Scents

I have been looking for a GENUINE true to coconut fragrance for a long time. I am so happy I found this perfume. If you love the smell of fresh coconut with swirls of vanilla, sprinkled with bits of almond, this is your type of perfume. It's very gourmande in the best way. This scent is amazing all year round, but I find it would be lovely for winter when your are thinking about spring and summer. ;)

I also own Vanille Gourmande by Laura Mercier, and it's amazing as well for those days I want to smell like a genuine vanilla bean. Often, I even mix the 2 fragrances and it's perfection on my skin. :) I can honestly say this particular fragrance is one of the best perfumes I own, and I can't get enough of it. So much so, after wearing it for an entire day, I put it on before I go to sleep. Yep, it's that delicious! I will be stocking up!

Side note: I don't understand the bad reviews. Maybe some people got a bad batch? I don't smell plastic, milk, or the other notes others are getting. I know that my bottle of Almond Coconut Gourmande smells heavenly!

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

This review is for the body butter, unfortunately I couldn't find the EDT tester as all of them were empty in multiple stores! The testers of the rest scents of the line were maximum half way through, so I guess this is the most popular one and my personal favourite.

On my skin I can smell honey and coconut, and a nutty drydown although I am not sure if it is almonds or something else. Also, a hint of patchouli is definitely there, even if it is not listed in the notes. I immediately purchased it. I am not sure about the EDT, but the body butter is long lasting for sure. I can detect it on my skin about 6 hours later and it still goes on! I hope at some point I will be able to test the EDT as well.

Bollen
Bollen

I am so surprised by seeing all the, more or less, negative reviews about this perfume! This was one of my first real gourmand experiences and it still holds up today, having smelled much more in that category now.

The three most dominant notes are coconut, vanilla and almond, in that order. And they are intense! This is SUPER HEAVY on me and I love it! Everything I wear smells like it after! Not to mention the pillows and covers. You are in other words committing to this scent for a couple of days unless you want to change covers in your bed very often.. It is one of few perfumes (including Angel, Pink sugar and Allure Sensuelle among others) that lasts F-O-R-E-V-E-R on me. So I'm maybe even more surprised to see that many of you think it has poor longevity/sillage.

If you like the three notes above, try it. Perhaps you´ll love it and get "the bomb experience" like I do! :D

mvd99
mvd99

This was a blind buy for me and this is my first review. Sadly, this frag did not work well on my skin. Instead of the condensed milk coconut, I got something else, almost nauseating on me. It was much better a couple of hours later but that's too much to work for a drydown.

schokolade
schokolade

If you are into gourmand fragrance, it's worth trying. Some say it's a bit synthetic, but this synthetic smell flow away when the temperature goes up. So I use a dryer when I put it on my clothes.
And it lasts really long, even after I took a shower, I could smell hint of it.
Was a fan of Laura Mercier's Creme Brulee, but it was renewed I had to find another one. After a long journey (Killian's Back to Black - Keiko Mecheri's Loukoum - Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanilla - Jill Stuart's Vanilla Lust - Diptyque's Eau Duelle - Serge Luten's Jeux de Peau) I finally met!
I can't believe I didn't even give it a chance... it's quite similar to the original version of creme brulee (less caramel more coconut milk.)
Very cozy, and its silliage is marvelous yet not overwhelming, quite often I bump into people who ask about this perfume.

(Many people say they smell coffee when I wear this. Especially men. Does it?)

june7rose
june7rose

This has been reforumated. If you're a patchouli fan, go for it. I'm not, so I'm trying their plain vanilla.

sparkybish
sparkybish

This smells so good in the bottle, like the best parts of summer, I was so excited to give this a go. Unfortunately, it went to the cheap plastic place, and I am most sad. It really reminds me of Coty Vanilla Fields, which is the classic plasticine perfume to me. I'm going to give this another try sprayed on my hair and/or clothes and see if it doesn't keep it from going to the plastic place.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

A lovely and straightforward blend of almond and coconut, exactly like the name indicated. I find the coconut prominent, but not aggressive as sometimes it can be headache-inducing. The almond has a nutty aspect which goes well with the woods and the tonka beans hiding behind, keeping the scent down to the ground. It does smell like almond coconut milk and it stays this way all along. The longevity is at least 8 hours on me and the sillage is moderate to soft. It's a cuddly, sweet gourmand scent. If you'd love an uncomplicated concoction of almond and coconut, without other notes to disturb, this worths a try. I myself wouldn't mind having a bottle if I come across one with a reasonable price.

addicttoperfume
addicttoperfume

I love this fragrance n I really don't get why some are saying it doesn't last. This smells very luxurious and delish!!! If your a sweet gourmand scent lover then i believe you'll like this. I think it doesn't smell too foody (for example you can't tell its a carrot cake or chocolate or another specific food..I don't wanna smell like a walking cookie.. I like scents to smell sweet n mix food scents to create something girly and unique which this scent is)it just sweet n rich. A winter scent for me and I am searching ebay to buy more bottles of this awesomeness. I work 12 hour shifts n after my whole day I can still smell it. I gave a coworker a hug goodbye and he said I smelled so good. As I washed my hand for the last time (work in a hospital and move a lot) I could smell this coming off my scrub top...N I only sprayed ONE SPRAY on to my chest/neck area (I didn't wear any other fragrance this morning just got ready and sprayed this in the locker rooms at work right when my shift started). So ya...I think it's got good lasting power. N to me, it smelled better than the first few mins upon initial spraying.

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

Almond Coconut is quite sweet, but I really like it. The strongest note here is the coconut, which is backed up by slight almond undertones. Maybe the perfume should have been titled Coconut Almond instead. It would be a little more awesome if the coconut was not the strongest notes and almond was the star of the show. The almond is slightly bitter and adds some more depth and tones down the coconut and vanilla. I can also smell the musk which helps with calming down the sweetness of this fragrance and a tiniest amount of powdery heliotrope.This scent is well balanced sweet with out being too sweet. Overall I really enjoy this fragrance its quite comforting. I like putting this one on right before I go to sleep or on days when I'm relaxing. ^_^

orchid_84
orchid_84

A very sweet and straightforward gourmand coconut blend. Sort of like shredded coconut lightly soaked in almond extract. I can smell the coconut, almond, a bit of musk, and perhaps a hint of the powdery heliotrope...the other notes I don’t pick up. Quite simple and linear, fairly minimal sillage and the lasting power is about an hour on me. Worth trying out if you're a gourmand lover. As far as coconut scents go, I prefer the thick richness of Lavanila Vanilla Coconut, but this is still a nice fragrance.

zant
zant

The notes sound great, so I was really excited to try this, but it was chemically, plastic-y milk on me, with a hint of coconut. Just awful. It sounds like this is one that can either smell great on you, or horrible and plastic, sadly I am one of the latter.

WendyMH
WendyMH

On my skin - sickly plastic chemical... and then nothing. I was all about the notes when I read them, but the notes were indiscernible on me and reeked of synthetic chemistry until it faded away. Not my best blind buy.

fullbottleworthy
fullbottleworthy

WOW, this is AMAZING. WHY oh WHY does the lasting power have to be so bad??!!??!! :( Sad face!!! I have a sample that I sprayed liberally and I smelled so good! Simple vanilla, almond, coconut- just delicious! My husbands aunt said, "You smell sooo good! What are you wearing??" And then I told her. I really did smell good. I felt so delicious. I wanted to eat myself up. But alas, that feeling was fleeting. After some time had passed (I can't remember how long- an hour, two hours?) I couldn't really smell much anymore. BOO!!! It smells so good though. Why???!??! I feel like I need to buy a bottle and then carry in my purse so I can spray every couple hours. But is that realistic? I just can't justify buying something with poor lasting power even if it smells this delightful.

myolderbrother
myolderbrother

his is surprisingly beautiful. It is a beautiful slightly intense coconut soaking in condensed milk, & as it dries down a delicate toasted almond makes a slow entrace until it pushes forward enough to become the alpha note while the coconut in condensed milk beautifully becomes the back-up music. I should note that I'm really not a fan of coconut, but this is gorgeous, & is especially perfect for the early days of fall when the sky is a beautiful blue & the air is a little crisper. The only reason I'm rating it a 3/5 is because I'm prone to migraines & there's something in this that is aggravating the tendency for 1 to develop..

jadejoann4
jadejoann4

Pretty decent scent. It's not suntan like on me at all. Very gourmand. Warm and homey like a concoction my mom would give me on a cool evening. Sweet. A couple of hours after the initial spray, completely different. Jasmine is there and it becomes a Hawaiian night, my fave. The sillage isn't very good. Stays close to the skin. I like a little louder.

Filigree
Filigree

This is straight up vile on me. A huge pity, since it smells so amazing on my mother! I love how all of these layering products smell...just not on me. It's as if the milk sours and everything else goes all plastic on me.

Aspendina
Aspendina

very sad about this, it just smells kinda fake and plasticity. it has similarities to Lavanila Vanilla Coconut but that one is much nicer then this.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

Personally, I like the intial top notes on my skin it really smells of coconut tanning oil. After about 15 minutes of drydown it does get an artificial rubber/dirt type of essense, but there's still that coconut note that I really like. It does remind me of the beach and of what dirty sand would smell like. Oh, how I wish that artificial smelling note wasn't in this, as I would love it. It's a very long lasting scent on the skin, well over 4-6 hours on my skin and still going strong. I do like this one, but, I don't like it enough to purchase a bottle. Overall, try before you buy as this is one that from the reviews seems to be so different on everyone

myplacebo
myplacebo

Warm, rich and comforting. Coconut is predominant, but in a cozy way. After a few hours, the white florals appear on me, and sit a little uneasily, like an late uninvited, unwelcome guest. At this point, I think the party is over. Just one spray is right for me, any more and the almond becomes very bitter and nutty.

Zuuus.p
Zuuus.p

Whooaa!! I am so glad that neither of LM samples disappointed me. They are all very sweet and I love them all. I was convinced that I would love this one. Because I am a huge coconut and almond lover, it couldnt be a fail. It is simple, but still very comforting and snuggly!!! I will definitely buy a bottle of this, too.

amber23
amber23

love this gourmande line, but the body souffle lotions have much longer lasting power.

Seraphic
Seraphic

I love almond coconut milk and this fragrance definitely smells like a warm glass of it. It's simple but it's such a comforting familiar fragrance that I can't help but love it. Warm, sweet, and just overall wonderful. Lasting power was about only about 3-4 hours though

Cherub573
Cherub573

This is a pretty sweet mixture of both almond and coconut, however, it doesn't smell quite edible. There is a little woodiness and musk for balance. It is a very snuggly, comforting, and casual fragrance. It lasts about 3-4 hours on my skin, but lingers even better in the hair.

chance25
chance25

One of the only fragrance compliments I ever recevied was when I wore Almond Coconut. Mixed w/ palmer's cocoa butter, it's the most almondy gourmand scent out there. Every note makes an appearance at some point of time. Sort of hard to wear every day, b/c the almond has a sharpness and the coconut can be a little cloying. Worth testing, it's one of the better one's from LM.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Laura Mercier Eau Gourmande Almond Coconut fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Laura Mercier Eau Gourmande Almond Coconut, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau Gourmande Almond Coconut by Laura Mercier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau Gourmande Almond Coconut by Laura Mercier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.