Designers » L » Citrus « Groups

Cologne of Love Le Couvent des Minimes for women and men

Cologne of Love Le Couvent des Minimes for women and men
dislike

I have it: 24 I want it: 33

Cologne of Love Le Couvent des Minimes for women and men Pictures Cologne of Love Le Couvent des Minimes for women and men Pictures

Cologne of Love by Le Couvent des Minimes is a Citrus fragrance for women and men. The fragrance features orange blossom, bergamot, mandarin orange, wild rose, nasturcia and petitgrain.

Orange Blossom Bergamot Mandarin Orange Wild Rose Nasturcia Petitgrain

Fleur d`Oranger
Seville a l'aube
Love by Kilian

Cologne of Love Fragrance Reviews

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

Oh, I haven´t seen the cologne yet, but I have the bar soap, which really smells devine for the summer. I will now go and search for the cologne. Usually I am not a big fan of citrussy perfumes. But there are exceptions and if the perfume smells like the soap, this might be one of them.

It´s not very complex, fruity citrusy notes mixed with orange blossom. But still it´s very pleasing. As it contains only very volatile notes, I´m glad that people here voted it´s a scent with lasting power.

The ingredients of the soap list tangarine leaf oil, which isn´t listed here on the perfumes pyramid. I hope this isn´t an evidence that they do smell different.

At first I didn´t find this here in the database because I was looking for Eau Aimable. This is a bit confusing.

I will edit after testing the actual fragrance. Till then I´d recommend everyone to try the lovely bar soap ;)

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

Hello smiley! This is real cologne. It's slightly sweet, tart and refreshing. Orange blossom scents can go soapy and this doesn't at all. It opens with a strong bergamot note on my skin and clothes, after a few minutes, the orange blossom and some fresh green notes appear. The longevity for this is amazing considering it's a cologne, I get at least eight hours wear and the sillage is pretty good even for my chronically stuffy nose. Considering the price and the good quality of this and of course the amazing way it smells, I would definitely recommend this for those looking for a bargain/cologne/orange blossom/fresh scent.

jasonita
jasonita

Very beautiful and good scent of orange blossom, long lasting, inexpensive, PERFECT!!

I didn't know it was marketed as "Cologne of Love" in English-speaking countries :-D
This is not a true translation from French "Eau Amaible", but there it goes.
It's very pleasant, carefree, happy cologne with orange blossom, not probably the truest thing around, but nice and wearable and I prefer this one to LCDM Fleurs d'oranger as that one really smell like sticky Naples' pastiera (yummy!) and I'm not a fan of foody fragrances.
Cologne of Love is more floral and feminine without smelling like a cake.

shesmovedon
shesmovedon

Sweet and creamy orange blossom, really beautiful for summer, and inexpensive.

Sweet, natural orange blossom is the story of Eau Aimable, a fairly new launch (2012) by the house of Le Couvent des Minimes, which has been specializing in botanical recipes since 1862. I love these kinds of colognes: they smell so clean and refreshing and serve the purpose for which the original historical colognes were intended. True, we bathe much more frequently in the modern world, but it's still nice to reach for this sort of olfactory pause on days such as today, which promises to push the 90F mark.

Eau Aimable is on the sweet side and is not at all soapy (à la Prada Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger), but it still smells clean somehow, and not in the house of Clean way. This is not an abstract chemical soup, it's a wonderful combination of natural essences. I bought a huge jug because I'm basically a cologne glutton. (Know thyself!) I pour it into a smaller atomizer bottle for spritzing.

Anyone who likes sweet orange blossom perfumes is bound to like this, and even if you find some of them too cloying (Elie Saab, the one from Kilian...), this one may work for you. But it is sweet, so no one who dislikes sweet perfumes will like this creation. In fact, given the sweetness level here, another group of people who might enjoy Eau des Minimes would be the celebrity scent crowd. The difference is that this one smells natural, unlike those. It also costs less, amazingly enough. I consider this to be a fantastic budget niche bargain, as are all of the salubrious botanical colognes from this house. Splash on!

Jieky
Jieky

I bought this one a year later than fleur d'oranger but they are quite similar.
Sweet, and long-lasting. On a hot day layer with crisp citrus ... I mixed it up in a bottle with 2/5 Marc Jacobs Grapefruit and 1/5 Happy in Bloom/Clinique.....

malia
malia

Thanks, Fragrantica, for adding this one!!!

if you are a cheerful and a happy loving person you will love this fragrance ;-))

Perfect quality and smell!!

Reminds me of our fabulous vacation in beautiful Provence!!!

love it!! ;-)

And this name!!! Cologne of LOVE!!

Cologne of Love by Le Couvent des Minimes 3.96 out of 5 based on 29 ratings and 8 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Le Couvent des Minimes Cologne of Love fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Le Couvent des Minimes Cologne of Love, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cologne of Love by Le Couvent des Minimes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cologne of Love by Le Couvent des Minimes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.