Designers » L » Citrus « Groups

Cologne of Love Le Couvent des Minimes for women and men

Cologne of Love Le Couvent des Minimes for women and men
dislike

Cologne of Love Le Couvent des Minimes for women and men Pictures Cologne of Love Le Couvent des Minimes for women and men Pictures

Cologne of Love by Le Couvent des Minimes is a Citrus fragrance for women and men. The fragrance features orange blossom, bergamot, mandarin orange, wild rose, nasturcia and petitgrain.

Orange Blossom Bergamot Mandarin Orange Wild Rose Nasturcia Petitgrain

Fleur d`Oranger

Cologne of Love Fragrance Reviews

Dodgy

You can certainly get this in "Boots" stores in the UK

there is also a website/online store for the US

kittybobmeowpants
kittybobmeowpants

I got a decant of this as a gift in a swap and i'm in LOVE! is this discontinued? i can't find it... it's gorgeous!

Dodgy

Like spraying yourself with a peaceful summer day. I spent last spring in southern Spain and, walking past orange groves, the air was filled with a scent like this.

Beautiful, very feminine,I suppose, but that ain't gonna stop me!

butterbean
butterbean

FRACKING AMAZING SCENT!

If this was available for more people to sniff -- it would be hard to keep on the shelf.

This scent is all about Orange Blossom.

It is a sweet, wet, fresh, orange blossom. While sweet, it has this delicate floral undertone to it that really balances the fragrance and makes it BEE-U-TIFUL! The seville orange (bergamot) and petigrain -- mmm lovely balance to the whole composition.

Excellent choice if you like orange blossom. If you like sweet perfumes you might really enjoy this one -- lightly floral yet still sweet. If you like the scent of an orange creamsicle, you will like this too - while no vanilla, it is a creamy sweet floral orange.

It is very similar to Nerola Blossom by Pacifica.

Longevity about 6.5 hours via splash bottle, sprayed on - lasts 4 hours unless you spray a LOT.

very affordable when on sale @ Lecouvent.com

dkny27
dkny27

Even though it is late summer here in the eastern US, this will prevail as the "go to" wake me up scent of spring/summer.... Thanks for the introduction, from a very generous F member!
The warm, linear, citrus scent just screams beautiful sunshine and it lasts so long...!!
So pleasantly surprised by such a slightly sweet, innocent good morning fragrance... Now this is pancakes w/ syrup, juice and coffee without the obnoxiousness....

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

This is very nice in summer. I keep a bottle in the fridge and spritz liberally when I get home. The opening is creamsicle + orange blossom. This faces quickly and it becomes more of a vanilla fragrance. The vanilla, like it's cousin Eau des Missiones, is somewhat akin to Spiritueuse Double Vanille. Here the orange blossom sticks around and complicates things nicely. Surprisingly for a natural cologne it lasts quite awhile (6-8 hours) even in really hot weather.

sirop de Liège
sirop de Liège

To me this one should be classified as 'gourmand'! I was looking for a fresh splash on summer cologne, but this one is definitely not it.
It is a long lasting sweet orange blossom delight, unfortunately it's odour reminds me only of those delicious Moroccan sweet pastries, scented with orange flower water. If I would wear this fragrance I would be craving for exotic pastries constantly! Any scent which reminds me of edibles is a gourmand scent in my opinion.
Lovely but not for me, my weight is already a problem and wearing this I would be hungry all the time!

Lily2911
Lily2911

Don't look further for the best cologne with the most refined orange flower : this can compete with niche, high-end colognes, who are charged double or triple.
I was searching for a good replacement of my vintage Hermes orange verte, wow, I found it with this one without any regret that it is just a weak copy !
No, Couvent's Cologne of Love is such a sparkling cologne but which is to me quite feminine and soft although it is a good unisex cologne but it is definitively not a boring simplistic mainstream cologne , much more refined than you would expect (due to the wild rose & nasturica) and with an amazing longevity : it lasts longer than average mainstream EDP perfumes on the market, a proof that Couvent is giving the high quality at really good price, no one can beat them in that category.
And try all the others, I love the whole range !!

halalula1234
halalula1234

HI Guys,

I live in Australia, is there any websites that I can find this on? Really want to buy it!!

osiris5
osiris5

I got this as present with the soap.
And when i tried it it was wow.
you have to get used to the scent. It is a bit creamy-citric-floral scent that is very long-lasting for this cologne.
It is very nice and relaxing espc. after a hard long day.
It belongs in the tradition of the scents typical for French monasteries who produces soap-tablets and eau de toilettes according to very old formulas and with natural ingredients.
This is a very great cologne for all day use with very good quality.

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

Oh, I haven´t seen the cologne yet, but I have the bar soap, which really smells devine for the summer. I will now go and search for the cologne. Usually I am not a big fan of citrussy perfumes. But there are exceptions and if the perfume smells like the soap, this might be one of them.

It´s not very complex, fruity citrusy notes mixed with orange blossom. But still it´s very pleasing. As it contains only very volatile notes, I´m glad that people here voted it´s a scent with lasting power.

The ingredients of the soap list tangarine leaf oil, which isn´t listed here on the perfumes pyramid. I hope this isn´t an evidence that they do smell different.

At first I didn´t find this here in the database because I was looking for Eau Aimable. This is a bit confusing.

I will edit after testing the actual fragrance. Till then I´d recommend everyone to try the lovely bar soap ;)

Edit:
So, I had the chance to test the cologne. It pretty much smells the same like the soap but stronger. It comes in a splash bottle with a seperate sprayer (like the Serge Lutens rectangular bottles) so you can chose yourself if you prefer the splash or the sprayer mechanism. You can spray this stuff all over your body and it is still so pleasing that it won´t be overwhelming. Very nice fragrance for summer. Although it´s very (white) floral this is still very much wearable for men. Got nothing of other in-your-face (white) florals!
This stuff is also very inexpensive (paid 28€/100ml). It´s more a cologne or body mist concentration, but still has a good and strong enough smell.

Longevity is weak on my skin, especially in hot weather. But it´s cheap enough to reapply constantly.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

Hello smiley! This is real cologne. It's slightly sweet, tart and refreshing. Orange blossom scents can go soapy and this doesn't at all. It opens with a strong bergamot note on my skin and clothes, after a few minutes, the orange blossom and some fresh green notes appear. The longevity for this is amazing considering it's a cologne, I get at least eight hours wear and the sillage is pretty good even for my chronically stuffy nose. Considering the price and the good quality of this and of course the amazing way it smells, I would definitely recommend this for those looking for a bargain/cologne/orange blossom/fresh scent.

jasonita
jasonita

Very beautiful and good scent of orange blossom, long lasting, inexpensive, PERFECT!!

I didn't know it was marketed as "Cologne of Love" in English-speaking countries :-D
This is not a true translation from French "Eau Amaible", but there it goes.
It's very pleasant, carefree, happy cologne with orange blossom, not probably the truest thing around, but nice and wearable and I prefer this one to LCDM Fleurs d'oranger as that one really smell like sticky Naples' pastiera (yummy!) and I'm not a fan of foody fragrances.
Cologne of Love is more floral and feminine without smelling like a cake.

Sweet, natural orange blossom is the story of Eau Aimable, a fairly new launch (2012) by the house of Le Couvent des Minimes, which has been specializing in botanical recipes since 1862. I love these kinds of colognes: they smell so clean and refreshing and serve the purpose for which the original historical colognes were intended. True, we bathe much more frequently in the modern world, but it's still nice to reach for this sort of olfactory pause on days such as today, which promises to push the 90F mark.

Eau Aimable is on the sweet side and is not at all soapy (à la Prada Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger), but it still smells clean somehow, and not in the house of Clean way. This is not an abstract chemical soup, it's a wonderful combination of natural essences. I bought a huge jug because I'm basically a cologne glutton. (Know thyself!) I pour it into a smaller atomizer bottle for spritzing.

Anyone who likes sweet orange blossom perfumes is bound to like this, and even if you find some of them too cloying (Elie Saab, the one from Kilian...), this one may work for you. But it is sweet, so no one who dislikes sweet perfumes will like this creation. In fact, given the sweetness level here, another group of people who might enjoy Eau des Minimes would be the celebrity scent crowd. The difference is that this one smells natural, unlike those. It also costs less, amazingly enough. I consider this to be a fantastic budget niche bargain, as are all of the salubrious botanical colognes from this house. Splash on!

Jieky
Jieky

I bought this one a year later than fleur d'oranger but they are quite similar.
Sweet, and long-lasting. On a hot day layer with crisp citrus ... I mixed it up in a bottle with 2/5 Marc Jacobs Grapefruit and 1/5 Happy in Bloom/Clinique.....

malia
malia

Thanks, Fragrantica, for adding this one!!!

if you are a cheerful and a happy loving person you will love this fragrance ;-))

Perfect quality and smell!!

Reminds me of our fabulous vacation in beautiful Provence!!!

love it!! ;-)

And this name!!! Cologne of LOVE!!

Cologne of Love by Le Couvent des Minimes 4.29 out of 5 based on 81 ratings and 17 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Le Couvent des Minimes Cologne of Love fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Le Couvent des Minimes Cologne of Love, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cologne of Love by Le Couvent des Minimes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cologne of Love by Le Couvent des Minimes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.