Designers » L » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Special for Gentlemen Le Galion for men
dislike

leather
Special for Gentlemen Le Galion for men Pictures

Special for Gentlemen by Le Galion is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. This is a new fragrance. Special for Gentlemen was launched in 2014. The nose behind this fragrance is David Maruitte. Top notes are bergamot and citron; middle notes are lavender, cinnamon, amber and labdanum; base notes are oakmoss, patchouli, vanilla, castoreum, birch and opoponax.

Bergamot Citron

Jicky

Special for Gentlemen Fragrance Reviews

KJS88
KJS88

Le Galion's Special for Gentlemen is a drier, more aromatic take on the Shamilar, Jicky, and Mouchoir de Monsieur concept, but rather more substantial than the latter.

If you're familiar with Mouchoir de Monsieur, try to replacing in your mind's eye (nose?) the bad breath-like civet with Shalimar's opoponax and Jicky's dry, green, aromatic lavender.

It's good stuff. But it left me wanting less of the lavender and more of the cinnamon, patchouli, amber, and opoponax.

I like it very much, but rarely find occasion to wear it. So it's effectively an expensive bed time treat for me.

likes2paint
likes2paint

Heavenly. I won a testers of the Galion fragrances, and I wish that they had put a full one of this in the packet! It is the most beautiful fragrance, and I believe is suitable for men and women.

It is refined, warm and inviting and somehow manages to sparkle amidst this beautifully balanced scent. For me, I think of English leather chairs and me wearing a beautiful couture evening dress and high heels. This bottle of loveliness could easily be my go to summer evening fragrance, or comfort on those warm and fading autumnal sunsets. I want this in my bag, in my coat pocket and in my dressing room at all times.

I wore this one evening and it was still there the next day on my skin. Warm, yes warm, and still inviting. I think I might just be addicted to sticking my nose to the bottle of lovely golden juice.

Oh... what a lovely way to spend the afternoon. Sweet and special moments whilst reading a favourite book.

Alex1984
Alex1984

Special for Gentlemen is what a classy man should wear. And a classy woman for that matter. Forget the gentleman, this is a special cologne/fragrance/perfume done in the old fougere style a la Jicky, and therefore reminiscent of Shalimar as well. As much as I love Jicky, and it's bracing lavender/vanilla combo, I'm lucky if I get 30 minutes out of it. So it's my go to instant pick me up before I wear something that I can actually smell when I finish getting dressed.
Enter Special for Gentlemen.
Unaware of the brand I blindly tested this, hoping to find a fresh fougere.
The immediate opening was Jicky on steroids, what I hope mr. Wasser will do with Jicky soon.
Lavender and vanilla galore, with a citrus touch to add freshness and sparkle.
Creamy, aloof, put together. A perfect dandy scent. A perfect lady coiffed and dressed to the 9s scent!
The opening goes for about an hour on my skin, I'm able to indulge in the goodness without feeling like I'm wearing a lavender ice cream.
The heart notes are mostly lost on me, a very hazy floral gives of a 50s feeling that goes well with the picture in my mind; black and white movie, set in the Italian Riviera. Or Paris. Or my bedroom!
The drydown is where Shalimar enters the picture. Whereas Jicky has a pronounced civet base, here I get the leather and castoreum of Shalimar, draped in oppoponax but very creamy courtesy of vanilla. And it lasts for a good 7 hours, with above moderate sillage, especially if applied freely.
Smelling it next to the 2 Guerlain's, it feels of the family. But it also has its own character, only taking the best of the 2 and giving it a unique touch.
If you love Jicky and lament it's poor staying power, or love Shalimar, give it a try.
And bonus points for being able to smell it at the end of the day. Or at least the creamy leather that clings on skin forever.
Excellent introduction to the brand. I hope the rest of the collection is as good!

kanashimiblue
kanashimiblue

This has a very similar opening to Shalimar (much bergamot, geranium) but then shortly, lavender pushes through, almost dominating the composition. About 15 minutes later, the sharp topnotes are almost completely evaporated, and Special for Gentlemen becomes softer, ambery creamy vanilla. V. Guerlain, v. Shalimar.

sortilege
sortilege

As lovely in its warm and comforting (in a very classic, quality manner) citrus-amber/vanilla dry down as those revered Guerlains.

Shibor
Shibor

A good scent for every day. Citric at the beginning, it becomes very warm-balsamic after a while. The base of the fragrance appears thus to be solid.
The silage is moderate on my skin.

Overall impression: a classical discreet fragrance with a modern touch.

meama
meama

the resurrection of this French brand is the best news of the year. All their perfumes are really beautiful creations, delightfully classic. They compete with Guerlain quality or Rochas or older formulations of Dior before the current disaster. This one is nothing less than a little brother of Jicky which the very musky animal base is replaced in part by opoponax. It's incredibly good, I can not believe my nostrils...Heaven!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Le Galion Special for Gentlemen fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Le Galion Special for Gentlemen, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Special for Gentlemen by Le Galion. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Special for Gentlemen by Le Galion represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.