Designers » L » Woody « Groups

Sandalwood Sacré Le Jardin Retrouve for women and men

Sandalwood Sacré Le Jardin Retrouve for women and men
dislike

I have it: 14 I want it: 31

Sandalwood Sacré Le Jardin Retrouve for women and men Pictures Sandalwood Sacré Le Jardin Retrouve for women and men Pictures

Sandalwood Sacré previously known as Eau de Sandalwood : When Le Jardin Retrouvé was formed in 1975, the first Eau de Parfum that was created by our Perfume Creator was the Sandalwood.

"Near Chandod, on the banks of the river Nerboudda, you walk towards a sacred grove that houses a small Hindu temple. You set up your easel, get out your drawing tools, and start sketching. Suddenly, the powdery notes of a perfume reach you. Sandalwood, patchouli, oakmoss and musk, and then, like a gift, coriander, petitgrain and orange blossom. Is it the spirit of the place that is speaking to you?" - a note from the brand.

Sandalwood, with its rich, warm and sensual notes, an ingredient used in numerous perfumes, will certainly seduce your senses. The nose behind this fragrance is Yuri Gutsatz.

Sandalwood Indonesian Patchouli Leaf Oakmoss Musk Peru Balsam Petitgrain Coriander Orange Blossom

Sandalwood Sacré Fragrance Reviews

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

Outstanding. One of the best sandalwood scents I have tried. I love the actual sandalwood notes, and the wonderful clean musk finish. The combination is addictive and very longlasting.

fillifelle
fillifelle

Disclaimer: I am a sandalwood snob. It's quite possibly my favourite note. My taste in this area has morphed considerably since I started this hobby. It is very difficult for a professed sandalwood scent to meet my expectations these days.

Sandalwood Sacre goes on with a good amount of the eponymous note, curried appropriately with a pinch of coriander. A geographical touch no doubt, nudging our senses towards an association with the famed and endangered South Asian holy wood. So far, I approve. The perfume quickly climaxes within a few minutes, then fades away into the shadows leaving behind a vague musky tinge of iso e super. Sigh. For a few minutes though, it was pretty good.

SuzanneS
SuzanneS

A thin ,watery transparancy with minimal silage is sandalwood sacre. The orange blossoms open up the fragrance making itself known followed by the oakmoss, petitgrain and coriander. Patchouli, musk and sandalwood give its base.

Its a beautiful light modern skin scent. Appropriate for most occasions, will never offend any sensibilities.

Ditta70
Ditta70

The perfumes of this house stir no emotion in me whatsoever, and this is no exception. I understand they are made with great quality raw materials in an honorably aritsanal way, yet the just do nothing whatsoever for me.

I would rather call this one Petitgrain Sacré, as this is the most prominent note in the perfume. I get a minimum of sandalwood, when I strongly tell myself to listen to it. Having lived in India for many years, I do not get the concept either. Orange blossom is not what I primarily associate with this part of the globe, but who knows, maybe in 1786 India was full of orange groves?

Performance, as with all of the perfumes I tried from this house is pretty weak. THe scents of LJD disappear from my skin within an hour. They all feel much more like Eau de Colognes to me. The performance does not justify the hefty price tag.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Sandalwood Sacré means "Sacred Sandalwood" and its name mixes terms of two languages: English and French. The concept behind this creation talks about a sacred grove, near Chandod, located on the banks of the river Nerboudda. The sacred groves are mentioned since ancient times and, usually, they are places of great religious importance to local populations. We have, as examples, the groves of cedar, in Lebanon, the Criptomerias Avenue, in Japan, and this Hindu temple, a source of inspiration for this fragrance.

But Sandalwood Sacré was not born randomly. In 1977, Yuri Gutsatz released Eau de Sandalwood, his first Eau de Parfum, whose bottle brought the image of the Palace of the Maharajah of Mysore, the place from where comes the most especial essential oil, extracted from sandalwood, until today.
In this retelling, the official composition enumerates essential oils of sandalwood from India, patchouli from Indonesia, oakmoss and musk, in addition to the petitgrain from Paraguay, coriander, orange blossom and Peruvian balsam.

When touches the skin, Sandalwood Sacré is different, weird and innovative. I felt a certain bitterness that comes from the petitgrain, embraced by the creaminess of sandalwood and the beauty of the orange blossom. The evolution is very subtle, but it is possible to feel the semi-gourmands nuances of patchouli with some facets that reminded me of chocolate.
Everything is very pleasant until the moment when the scent fades aways from the skin. Unfortunately, Sandalwood Sacré exuded just for a little while and disappeared from my skin, almost completely, in about 2 hours. For an Eau de Parfum filled with essential oils of high quality, I expected more durability.

To finish, I picked up a question that exists in the official page of the brand, which explains the concept of this perfume, when portrays the sacred grove and says the following: "Is the spirit of the place speaking to you? ". And my answer is: "Not speaking. Maybe he's just whispering".

Prince Barry
Prince Barry

I have been testing the 2nd of my samples from the newly re-launched perfume house of Le Jardin Retrouve. This time, it's been Michel Gutsatz's take on Sandalwood, which is called Sandalwood Sacre. It certainly lives up to it's name, The artwork on the packaging is another stunning piece by Clara Feder, Michel's very talented artist wife. The little story on the packaging, seems to be bang on, and reading that and smelling the magical perfume, took me back a few years when I attended a meeting at a Hindu temple in Bradford. The atmosphere was beautiful, flowers were scattered around, and Sai Baba Nagchampa incense was burning, people were very friendly and welcoming and encouraged us to join in with the bhajans. This scent evoked all those memories is one sniff of my hand. It is a beautiful rendition of the Sandalwood genre. Thank you Michel and Clara.

Notes for this scent are, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Oak Moss, Musk, Coriander, Petitgrain and Orange Blossom.

Rorshach1004
Rorshach1004

There are far more notes in this perfume than are listed here. I get a spicy patchouli opening and a lovely orange blossom dry down that lingers for a long time with a gorgeously creamy sandalwood and musky base. This house is relaunching in November 2016 and you can get free samples of their beautiful perfumes on their website right now. I was very impressed with the samples that i received. They are beautiful perfumes, classy, unique, and of superior quality. Jump on board early. This is the house that a lot of perumistas will be talking about in 2017.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Le Jardin Retrouve Sandalwood Sacré fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Le Jardin Retrouve Sandalwood Sacré, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sandalwood Sacré by Le Jardin Retrouve. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sandalwood Sacré by Le Jardin Retrouve represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.