Designers » L » Oriental Woody « Groups

Another 13 Le Labo for women and men

Another 13 Le Labo for women and men
dislike

Perfume Another 13 is a product of collaboration between AnOther Mag and Le Labo. Its middle note is ambrox which posesses animalistic quality. Another 12 ingredients create the composition. This limited fragrance is available in only 50 copies as 100 ml Eau de Parfum. Another 13 was launched in 2010.

Iso E Super Amyl Salicylate Musk Ambergris Ambrette (Musk Mallow) Pear

Paper Passion

Another 13 Fragrance Reviews

Parthenope
Parthenope

One of the sultriest smell I have ever encountered in my life. It wakes the animalistic side in you that you never thought you had it before. It's not a strong smell when you smell yourself but people around you can definitely smell it. It lingers in the air and it's so addictive.

My signature scent.

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.
ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

Magazine! Magazine! Magazine! Magazine! Magazine!

This is a high class, high-end magazine (ex: Vogue)..., I disagree with the comment earlier about "old & dusty"- this isn't it's a fresh new magazine, crisply opened with hints of that glue that they use to hold it together......... (Not sure how this glue comment will come across because many view is as cheap synthetic glue)!!!

But a really nice fragrance and one thing is for SURE: there are few "OTHERS" probably not even "AnOtHeR" like it!

Taskphorce

Clean to the core....What does it smell like? Yes, the resemblance is there...of a brand new magazine taken out of the plastic and opened for the first time(That fresh smell of the magazine paper)... But, it is so much more than that. I use this fragrance so much in the warm weather because I never get bored with it. In general, I prefer iso e super and ambroxan and in this fragrance, both notes are pushed to the max. The cleanliness can be described as "sterile", metallic, salty sweet, velvety and smooth....NOT clean like laundry....or fresh cotton. This fragrance is very hard to dislike. Another 13 is one of my favorite offerings from this house aside from Gaiac 10.

Javy_Medz
Javy_Medz

This is a true beauty. A coconut-y, buttery, salty, and musky top which is quite arid. Its sharp yet smooth. There's a smidgen of powder here too. As it dries down the animalic notes in this appear. It's crazy because the animalic notes and Iso E mix with your pheromones to give off a real sexy primal smell. The more you perspire the more animalic and alluring the scent becomes. It's woody, animalic, and metallic with fleeting sweetness and saltyness at the base.. This is one of those monsters that creates a bubble of hypnosis. It projects an arms length but this things LASTS! Just non-stop compliments throughout the day with people coming back to me trying to decipher the incredible scent they were sucked into once the entered the danger zone. The wearer will definitely go through the olfactory effect with this but it'll still be present as others detected it throughout the day.
Definitely signature scent worthy. Great longevity and incredibly versatile. The price is the only con here. I would definitely drop the cash for this but not sure a lot of average consumers would.

robg303
robg303

I was finally able to get a sample of this, after help from a gracious member.
"Thank You So Very Much missk, for your help!"

I can understand why "Another 13" would seem bland, or un-remarkable for some, like just another musk fragrance.
It smells medicinal, yet human body oder-ish, with an undertone of animal as well.

Initially it sniffs similar too "Ambrette 9," but a very grown up version, masculine and certainly not for Mom and Baby. That said, I rather like it!
Then again, I like rude, intense fragrances, the kind that reviewers refer to as..."Skanky," they all seem to work well with my chemistry.

Scents like: Byredo M/Mink, Mister Marvelous, YSL Kouros, ect. would usually cause people to reel back, but they smell really good on me.

But, there is a time and place for those types of fragrances.
Not for casual outings, school or the office, but rather for intimate moments and for night time rendezvous, that's where I believe those musky skin scents shine!

Another 13 is no exception, it does indeed have a sexual quality to it, and is probably best used for just that.

BillyC28
BillyC28

This smells kind of metallic to me. It definetely has the ambroxan (which is one of the sexiest notes IMO and very well done in their Baie Rose 26) and if any high-end niche fragrance has the infamous "drug-store, cheap, synthetic" feeling to it it is this. But it is well done (as are all Le Labos IMO) but not sure if I would spend moolah on this. It is VERY similar to White Musk for Men by Body Shop. Musc 25 (L.A) has a lot more going on in the white musky dept.

Taskphorce

This is what I crave in my fragrances, AMBROXAN, (and also Iso E Super.) I have to disagree with people who claim that Ambroxan based fragrances are weak in terms of longevity and sillage. When I wear Molecule 02, heads turn all day long and people almost always compliment me and ask me what I'm wearing, even when I'm anosmic and cannot smell the fragrance. I absolutely adore Ambroxan!

Léa25
Léa25

Strange... I tried L'Antimatière and Another 13. And it's like I've smelled the same fragrance. Very disapointed, I tought I was going to discvover wild animalistics musky fragrances (that i love so much) but discovered stranges fragrances smelling like old tobacco and light industrial glu. My man smells soapy woods mixing with shaving lotions for l'Antimatière and can't describe Another 13 but says that it smells good, light, a little rare but still like a plain perfume.
Well, I supposed then that I'am an unfortunate anosmic to that chemical componants...

Why does Le Labo ANOTHER 13 smell so familiar to me? Maybe because it is essentially a base in near ubiquity at this point in perfume history. Ambroxan plus some musk. And, for heaven's sake, don't forget the iso-E-super!

Okay, so I already sniffed both Escentric Molecules MOLECULE 02 and Juliette Has A Gun NOT A PERFUME. Been there, done that. Don't need a bottle, that's for sure, but I have a generous decant from a friend.

I'll keep it on hand, in case I "forget" what ambroxan smells like. In fact, that seems quite unlikely to happen, as I feel that through this three-part exercise I am now capable of recognizing ambroxan bases in more complex creations.

I do hope that Le Labo will now return to making perfumes.

Elevation
Elevation

I bought every sample from the le labo shop and this scent is just ridiculous. I could hardly smell anything and I doused my wrist with it. The power and longevity of their other perfumes are amazing, but this smells like......nothing! Thank god for samples. At 150 a bottle blind buying this would make a billionaire sick.

Such varying opinions on this fragrance. It seems "ambrox" is rather fleeting and has an uncanny ability to smell totally different to each and every person.

I got my sample from a salesperson at Le Labo who told me this fragrance is the ultimate musk with ambergris, hence its "animalic" quality, and she is correct. On me, this concoction smelled incredibly sweet, like white musk, coconut, and a very clean vanilla. It kind of reminds me of angel food cake. Projection and longevity are up to par with all of Le Labo's other offerings.

Le Labo's blending of ambrox with whatever "other 12" notes ends up smelling fluffy and heavenly.

Le Labo does Escentric Molecules. Or should I say Le Labo does L'Antimatiere? Whatever....

An "invisible" concoction with absolutely no animalic notes detected. This is the purest woody amber and that's it. What it smells like? Cedarwood, other woods, even more woods, metallic amber. Sometimes it's sharp, sometimes velvety, sort of clean and very minimalistic. Just like Escentric 01 or L'Antimatiere, the level of appreciation of Another 13 is strongly related to your personal grade of anosmia to the aromachemicals involved in the composition. Upon application it strikes as a sharp metallic amber to then quickly disappear from your body. You think it's gone but no way. There it goes again, on and on and on....and on with its unmistakeable woody amber aroma.

Do I Like it? Yes, well sort of. Let's say it's very pleasant and, because of that, it's not a case that woody amber became one of the most common bases in modern perfumery but be aware that Another 13 it's far from being artistically relevant or innovative. That being said, if you find it for cheap (almost impossible), get it...otherwise, seal you wallets as you'll get bored in no time.

Us usual with Le Labo, unappropriately labelled. I guess "Yet Another 13" could have been a better name.

sikhulinka1
sikhulinka1

It's fantastic. Tried in Barney's and loved it.

michelernst
michelernst

I will post my humble review about this Amazing fragrance.
I went yesterday to Barney's and I can only say that this is way beyond fresh and clean is something special that is like heaven like walking on clouds. The exotic darker woods makes this fragrance unique.
I am going to disagree with all the reviews because everybody is different and has different Ph. Saying that the sillage of this fragrance on my skin last almost 11h.

Another 13 by Le Labo, is as described, a synthetic take on musk and ambergris in the form of ambrox. This chemical component smells somewhat salty and sharp on the skin, but it's also surprisingly inoffensive in small doses.

This fragrance is not your typical crowd pleaser. Le Labo is a house I admire because they take risks and most often produce loud, hard-hitting fragrances that have the ability to turn heads. Another 13 is fascinating, but also a little disappointing for me.

The chemical aroma is apparent from the very beginning. Along with green, citrusy bergamot and damp woods, the overall blend is impressively unique but sadly difficult to wear. It has a rather masculine feel, even a tad metallic at times, and while I have given Another 13 a fair chance to grow on me, I do believe I'll be passing on my sample to someone who will do it justice.

Agreeing with the reviewer on the 'Perfume Shrine', this is indeed not a musk in the traditional sense. Do not expect another Narciso Rodriguez for Her is what I'm trying to say. It's also far from being an animalistic musk.

Unfortunately the longevity was extremely poor. Two hours after application, it was almost all but gone. I see now why this fragrance was so rare and limited, my conclusion being that the brand knew it would not appeal to many consumers, only those that appreciate their synthetic approach, which sadly does not include me.

Scentrist
Scentrist

I completely agree with Henri345que in that this is a relatively unremarkable fragrance from a line that's better known for remarkable scents. This is nothing special, unless you want a very sheer, light, underwhelming scent that vanishes soon after application. My SA at Barneys was trying her best to introduce this to me as an exclusive/limited-edition. I gave it a try. As Henri345que accurately depicted, it's nice, has some amber and wood notes, but it's far too sheer to really settle and warm to the skin, and it lacks durability or sillage. They were almost too anxious to push this, suggesting that it's not gaining much traction. There are some excellent Le Labo fragrances; sadly, I don't believe that Another 13 is one of them.

Another 13 by Le Labo 3.68 out of 5 based on 39 ratings and 16 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Le Labo Another 13 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Le Labo Another 13, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Another 13 by Le Labo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Another 13 by Le Labo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.