Designers » L » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Jasmin 17 Le Labo for women and men

Jasmin 17 Le Labo for women and men
dislike

Jasmin 17 by Le Labo is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women and men. Jasmin 17 was launched in 2006. The nose behind this fragrance is Maurice Roucel. The fragrance features sandalwood, musk, vanilla, jasmine, litsea cubeba, neroli, orange blossom, palmarosa, bitter orange and amber.

Sandalwood Musk Vanilla Jasmine litsea cubeba Neroli Orange Blossom Palmarosa Bitter Orange Amber

Neroli Eau de Parfum
Dilmun

Jasmin 17 Fragrance Reviews

This is a sweet, musky, jasmine/orange blossom perfume with very little projection. It lasts a good 6+ hours, but I can only smell it when I put my nose right up to my skin. It's clean and very natural, perfect for summer when jasmine and orange flowers are in full bloom. The muskiness reminds me a bit of Light Blue though, so I personally wouldn't pay the high price for this particular fragrance. I love Le Labo, but this is not my favorite.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Very true, lovely jasmine topnote, then the jasmine gets a bit overwhelmed by all the orange and neroli notes in the midphase. But in the drydown the jasmine peeks out again and the fragrance shows itself to be subtle, complete, balanced, and true to the jasmine flower. Very nice job, Le Labo.

michali
michali

It smells like orange blossom first
and the Jasmin follows.

I can tell it is very lovely
but I think on me Jasmin doesnt work.
To sharp and sweet.

leeyah87
leeyah87

Very lovely white floral, but it doesn't smell much of jasmine. It's more of an orange blossom and neroli scent, so the name is misleading. Sort of reminds me of a less sweet Hilde Soliani Conaffetto. Sometimes I find neroli too masculine and aftershave-like, but Jasmin 17 is more on the feminine side. Very beautiful :o)

UPDATE: After an hour, the orange blossom and neroli start to soften enough for me to detect the jasmine.

EDIT: I no longer wear this because of all the "what smells like kitchen cleaner?" comments I was getting at work. I don't like being told I smell like Chlorox orange scented wipes :o/ I love this scent, so it's unfortunate that it draws these types of comments.

ichigogirl
ichigogirl

On me this is the most elegant, expensive smelling, light, airy jasmine imaginable. Intoxicating.
I sense jasmin, aldehydes and after quite a while a soft wood/vanilla base.
Makes me feel like a true lady.

al.to
al.to

jasmine plus I feel something about lemon,citrus notes.
but i think is sandalwood(???)
A crispy jasmine near orange flower

not interesting for me

valarian
valarian

I've decided to change my original review done in December as it just wasn't the right time of year to try this. It's now the end of May on a hot summery day where there is just a slight breeze and it feels perfectly suited.

The opening white floral notes are quite sweet not as in gourmand but as another reviewer pointed out this may be as a result of the vanilla. I also detect a slight fizzy aspect just gently coming in adding to the lightness and overall modern feel. Orange Flower is definitely the more prominent with Jasmine tucked neatly in behind.

The picture painted is one of simplicity but beautifully done with a light and airy feel this is just perfect for summer days. I'm also picking up some delicate barely there citrus.

Upon dry down it becomes softer with a slightly powdery feel the musk just stays friendly very much in the background.

Overall this perfume is delightfully appealing as I suspected it might be not sure it has enough staying power though for a full bottle at Le Labo prices!

gailyn
gailyn

All I can smell is the Neroli and Vanilla. Maybe Jasmin 17 is the Invisible and the Anosmiac Jasmin.

pisces3774
pisces3774

Boring. Doesn't smell like Jasmine. Nice clean smell, but lasts about and hour if that. Bleh. Disappointed.

dead
dead

It's an interesting scent for me. The smell of jasmine is deep inside. On me it's kinda like "Yakult" plus green tea. Refreshing, gentle, and adorable.

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

Jasmin 17 has blown me away. The jasmin is initially strong and powerful but blends into the most gorgeous subtle fragrance that literally last all day. I don't pick up too much of the neroli but I do love the jasmin veiled over sandalwood and musk in the basenotes. When I smelled the perfume in the sample bottle I thought I would need to layer it over some musk to remove the jasmin sharpness, but I'm so glad I didn't, it's perfect by itself. This is the first really 'floral' perfume that I will invest in.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

What an incredibly beautiful fragrance! Fragrantica only lists 4 notes however there are 6 more according to the Le Labo website: Neroli, Orange Flower, Palma Rosa, Amber, Bigarde & Litsea Cubeba.

The orange flower/neroli, which is very apparent, adds a sparkling note which brings to mind lemonade admist the jasmine blooms in warm sunshine.

On my skin, the florals are predominent but there is a creamy sandalwood underneath.

Jasmin 17 is a fresh breath of springtime air. Just lovely.

Le Labo continues to amaze me with their beautiful simplicity and their workshop-based concepts. Jasmin 17, although not anything outstanding is polite, refined and smooth. Everything that a jasmine soliflore should be.

Sarrasins by Serge Lutens is still my favourite jasmine scent, however when Sarrasins is too dark and rich for Summer, that's where Jasmin 17 comes in. This fragrance is a pretty concoction of light, transparent jasmine, a hint of orange blossom and milky vanilla.

Subtle and fresh, and in some ways innocent, Jasmin 17 is nothing loud or irritating, just delicate jasmine blooms resting softly on the skin. This fragrance is fairly linear, the only development being the appearance of the musk in the drydown.

Like I mentioned before, simplicity is what I admire from this fragrance house. Jasmin 17 goes to show that extreme measures don't need to be taken in order to achieve something lovely and fresh.

The scent also feels rather natural on the skin. There's a definite sweetness in Jasmin 17 that is most likely the result of the jasmine and vanilla blending together rather than a saccharine additive.

This fragrance lasts considerably well and the sillage is moderate, not too strong nor too soft. I highly recommend this fragrance to floral lovers and jasmine fanatics alike.

Jasmin 17 by Le Labo 3.79 out of 5 based on 67 ratings and 13 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Le Labo Jasmin 17 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Le Labo Jasmin 17, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Jasmin 17 by Le Labo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Jasmin 17 by Le Labo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.