Designers » L » Oriental Floral « Groups

Neroli 36 Le Labo for women and men
dislike

aldehydic
soapy

Neroli 36 by Le Labo is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women and men. Neroli 36 was launched in 2006. The nose behind this fragrance is Daphne Bugey. Top notes are orange blossom, mandarin orange and aldehydes; middle notes are jasmine and rose; base notes are tonka bean, musk and vanilla.

Orange Blossom Mandarin Orange Aldehydes

Jasmine Rose

Tonka Bean Musk Vanilla

Aqua Motu Eau de Parfum

Neroli 36 Fragrance Reviews

pigletia
pigletia

I really like this perfume - it is very feminine and soft. With it on, I can imagine a day by a lake with flowering trees all around and a picnic basket of goodies with white wine.

I can tell where some reviewers get a soapy vibe - it is definitely there. But for me, this adds to the softness and femininity. It is very natural - not fake or harsh at all. I have a sample, but may have to invest in a whole bottle!

username101
username101

My first impression when I smelled this perfume was that it was too soft for neroli/orange flower. I like neroli for its whole - of course there is that bright uplifting side, but comes with it is also sharp and headiness. It's like there was someone who liked neroli, but couldn't stand the sharp and loudness of it , gave it a plastic surgery to make it likeable to them and perhaps acceptable to more. No I love neroli as it is. I would have loved it more if they tried to interpret neroli as it is and enhanced it rather than changed it like this.

Kelle
Kelle

This is lovely. However, not for me due to the soapy edge to it. Without it, it would have been right for me. I am sure it would suit others that don't mind that soapiness.

christianne1
christianne1

I have tried this 3 times and still have no idea what to say about it. I start to write a review then I can not think of a single thing to say about it. Which I decided is pretty much a review in itself. I can't even say that I like it.....or dislike it. It doesn't smell like what I am used to expecting from neroli...and without cheating I could not even tell you a single note I am smelling. Is it floral? Is it citrus? And what is that odd smell that I occasionally get a whiff of? I almost love this and I almost hate it....but can't commit to either side. But I am definitely not neutral about it. I just get an unusual feeling when I smell it and I have no idea why. I guess this review is about as helpful as a map that has "north" on all 4 sides. But I swear this is the best I can come up with.

CathyCooper
CathyCooper

This is right up there with my favorite summer scents. So refreshing and soothing.
I can taste the ocean.

Jwaks
Jwaks

Where is the neroli or orange blossom? There's no bitterness, no earthiness, just some tame white florals and hints of rose and vanilla. Even worse, this is a total calone bomb exactly like Montale Sandflowers minus the sand notes. Very strong yet smooth marine and algae notes with hints of melon drown out everything else in this scent. The name Neroli is misleading at best. According to an interview with Le Labo perfumers posted on fragrantica not so long ago, they name scents for the main ingredient and, sometimes, it can be overpowered by other ingredients. Damn guys, learn the relative strength of your perfume ingredients or properly set customers expectations by giving your scents appropriate names. This one should be called Montale Sandflowers Part Deux by Le Labo. If you want a neroli scent with actual neroli in it, then check out Thierry Mugler Cologne or Atelier Grand Neroli.

In love again
In love again

The creamiest orange blossom Fragrance I have yet encountered. It is a simple smelling compound, but it is very well done. It is so smooth, it kind of slides into your awareness almost with out you noticing at first, and when you do, it is a pleasant surprise. Try layering it with another quality simple fragrance, for example a jo malone. I am wearing it with her Wild Bluebell, it adds a little complexity, while neroli still has center stage.
Longevity is pretty good, much better at staying then the cheapy orange blossom perfumes, and nicer too.

kisnatek
kisnatek

There's something radiant yet powdery about this one. I loved it as a tester, but when my decant arrived, what happened? The cheapish marine note is very strong and now I just cannot ignore it any more. Sad.

Kake718
Kake718

I refill my bottle every year about this time, a few weeks before spring. Why go to the beach? , when you can smell like a day spent in the ocean. I love how this goes from citrus, to white florals, to a very subdued calone , tanning lotion smell, then back to citrus and white florals.......the boys at Le Labo,(and Daphne) created a day at the beach. Bravo.

BillyC28

Have a travel 15 ml Neroli 36.

Msg me for price and info.

Cereza
Cereza

I have a really weird experience with this one. Upon first spray it opened lovely - a natural and full bloom neroli mixed with a warm and inviting vanilla, very sensual, happiness inducing and likable.
After less than 10 minutes it changes and I get this oceanic, salty note, which smells a bit metallic, almost like blood and basically all I get is a neroli oil rubbed on a ELDOS "Secretions Maqnetifiques".

Sorry, but this is utterly disgusting on me, so better try before you buy, might turn up weird with ones skin chemistry.

Though I must say - this for me is a milder version of well known "secretions", so if someone though that they kinda secretly enjoy the bloody/body fluid scent they can try this out, maybe this works rather well.

joplinbaby
joplinbaby

neroli 36, screams summertime: best sea breeze, sea shells, sand...and so on!
very clean, like a bath after a day at the beach. Understand? :)

BillyC28

This is not my favorite Le Labo, because I am not a fan of calone in fragrances. My least favorite types of fragrances are aquatics or marine notes (for some reason, my nose DOES NOT get along with the aqauatics, so must be the calone). The only one I have ever enjoyed was Bulgari Aqua which did a good job at recreating a realistic sea breeze, and made it more peppery (?) or something. For whatever reason I do like that one.

Neroli 36 is well crafted (as all the le Labos) and though I can't stand the calone (which to my nose must be one of the main ingredients in this) still appreciate it's aesthetic which is supposed to evoke a sea breeze or Mediterranean summer feel. At times it's "soapy", "gauzey", "cottony". Don't get the feeling at all of ANY neroli or orange essence but get the florals and the ocean vibe.

Sometimes this is enjoyable to me, but then other times it's awful, and it really does smell like a rotting sea town with dead fish / sealife rotting by the pier. LOL. Go figure? I rarely wear this one (actually might give away my travel spray).

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I think Neroli 36 is very lovely and really beautifully crafted. I got no big citrus fruits and no pulpy smell. There is a bitterness in the topnotes, typical to neroli right after it goes on your skin. Then the fragrance develops and warms up with the musk, jasmine, tonka and the perfect soupcon of vanilla. These other notes create a soft frame for the neroli, accenting the neroli, but never overpowering it.

Stunning. This scent smells like a summer afternoon by the seaside in the Mediterranean when the neroli is blooming. The combination of elements suggests a soft, warm breeze wafting by, rustling the plants, arousing some children napping nearby. They sigh, roll over and go back to sleep, breathing in the beautiful neroli.

Like a pastoral poem, this is a pastoral scent.

L'amoureux
L'amoureux

smells just like Tom Ford: Neroli Portofino- I hated that stuff, but love Neroli 36; Yes, i'm very biased. But way before I smelled Neroli 36 I told myself I'd give Neroli Portofino another try: I like Neroli Portofino now, but would by Neroli 36 because it's cheaper. -_-

I think this fragrance is splendid. It's not a linear neroli scent by any means; it's multifaceted. I mostly detected a blend of neroli, jasmine, tonka, and musk. It's definitely on the sweet side, but remains lucid and maybe even sparkling. I really don't detect any sort of orange or mandarin fruit, only flowers of the fruit. I also can't understand the "metallic" description I've read by other reviewers. The scent kept drifting up to my nose, and there was nothing metallic about it on my skin.

Anyone expecting a neroli based composition or a revisitation of the classic EDC, be prepared for a big disappointment. Neroli 36 is a slightly weird, transparent and subtle floral/aldehydes concoction that shares more similarities with Secretions Magnifique than with an Eau De Cologne (the matallic/watery feel is quite similar indeed). Not as challenging or shocking as the ELDO, but way too far from matching my taste.

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

I get the marine aspect of this perfume in abundance, but can't pick up the musk note at all. This is pleasant, but I'm not generally a fan of 'oceanic' fragrances (the exception being CB I Hate Pefume's At The Beach 1966 which far more multifacteted).

Neroli 36 struck me straight away as being more mandarin orange based than neroli. There was also an obvious sweetness, which was very pleasant but far from the bitterness that this fragrance is supposed to convey.

As far removed from being a soliflore as possible, I did much prefer this fragrance over Annick Goutal's Neroli, which I found too herbaceous and citrusy.

The more the scent developed, the more it began to resemble a juicy, pulpy orange mixed with talcum powder. Not the nicest description I know, but far nicer when smelt.

On the Now Smell This blog, both reviewers mention an aquatic quality which I don't seem to get. The scent is certainly Summery and refreshing, but there aren't any oceanic notes in this composition, as far as I can smell anyway.

I really enjoyed wearing this fragrance while it lasted, which was relatively impressive. Perhaps the only aspect I didn't like was the drydown, which up close smelt like a pet-shop but from a distance smelt like orange-scented cleaning products with a touch of musk.

Every now and then, Neroli 36 gives off a soapy vibe, however I wouldn't go so far to say that it's particularly clean-smelling, the sweetness certainly prevents it from going that way.

Neroli 36 is nothing ground-breaking, but it's certainly, in my opinion, something that lives up to its expensive price tag. Lovely, just lovely.

Neroli 36 by Le Labo 3.62 out of 5 based on 72 ratings and 19 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Le Labo Neroli 36 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Le Labo Neroli 36, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Neroli 36 by Le Labo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Neroli 36 by Le Labo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.