Designers » L » Floral Green « Groups

Leonard de Leonard Leonard for women

Leonard de Leonard Leonard for women
dislike

Leonard de Leonard Leonard for women Pictures

Leonard de Leonard by Leonard is a Floral Green fragrance for women. Leonard de Leonard was launched in 1989. The nose behind this fragrance is Roger Pellegrino. Top notes are aldehydes, iris, galbanum, hiacynth, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are carnation, orris root, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are spices, sandalwood, amber, musk, oakmoss and cedar.

Aldehydes iris Galbanum Hiacynth Bergamot Lemon

Leonard de Leonard Fragrance Reviews

Tara8
Tara8

The perfume of my life is dicontinued!! Sad! :(
Please produce it again!!

grayspoole
grayspoole

I acquired my EDP splash bottle of LdeL (shaped like flowing drapery as in the main photo) several weeks ago, but today is the first day in which I am really wearing this beautiful scent. LdL is a remarkably balanced and well orchestrated perfume: there's something for everyone to enjoy and an interesting development throughout. It's floral, green, woody and very fresh. I don't get much rose, lemon, oakmoss, or leather from LdeL. Upon appllcation, there is a perfect and distinct iris note in the midst of galbanum and greenery. I wish this phase could go on longer, because I really love it. In the middle, LdL is defined by hyacinth and sweeter floral notes, with just the tiniest sharp reek of something animalic--a little civet?--making a brief appearance. The long drydown is perfect, lots of sandalwood and amber.

The complexity and quality of this perfume makes it well worth seeking out. The EDP lasts several hours on me, with moderate sillage. LdeL is an 80's scent that is opulent, but not overpowering.

Lumiere
Lumiere

It is such a complex perfume I feel ashamed to write a small review. I hope you will forgive me this. I will say that the vintage mini I have a a lush, full-bodies narcissus opening which has lost its sharpness and bitterness. There is only a nectar of the hot-yellow flower, it may attract bees and reminds of the summer coming...I can also sense the full-bodiness of the fruit (plum?) although there is none in the pyramid. It may be that the carnation and spices give this impression. This is not a soprano, like in Vent Vert Balmain which I have tested several hours ago. This is more of a deep velvet contralto, not as deep as, say, Van Cleef, but soft enough to allow relaxation after the high notes of the Green Wind (Vent Vert). It seems to me more suitable for the evening, on special occasion, as it has some respectfulness, substance, and tranquility. This is not a girl running around the meadows, this is a lady next to her man and a family, out for the ballet, or at a event dinner maybe...

m_mtz40
m_mtz40

AT LAST!!! A replacement for my beloved ARMANI ARMANI. L de L is almost the exact same thing to my nose the only thing it lacks is AA staying power. Precious precious scent! In the words of Carrie Bradshaw: "Real love!! Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love!!!" ~ AMEN!!!

paleface
paleface

Leonard opens on me green and bitter in an old fashioned and rather familiar way (reminds me of classics like Weil de Weil). Must be galbanum and hyacinth, I think. However, there is an intriguing, soft flowery note or notes underneath, which make you sniff your wrist in the spite of the fact, that the scent is squeezingly dry. Yes, dry and interesting - you get a feeling, that there is so much going on...

And that is of course true. After a while the "overgreen" blast is a mere memory, and you are in the middle of forest where you can smell mossy trees and all kind of vegetation: bushes, grass and flowers. Wow! I really like that turn: now there is a lovely balance between fresh and sweet.

Later on one gets even sweeter flavours with amber and musk, but luckily that stimulating greenness still lingers on background.

The ingredients must be top class, because the overall feeling is exquisitely serene and pleasant. I have never had a privilege to smell Parure, but can easily believe the claim of likeness. Leonard was once a highly respected perfume house with quality perfumes.

Sillage is very good and longevity (clearly detectable) 7-9 hours on me, so also very good.

Edit: 24 hours and a brisk shower later I still can smell the faintest trace of green notes... Now, THAT I call longevity! And we are talking about EDT.

jtd
jtd

This is another perfume I found on a Basenotes thread about underestimated fragrances current and past.

Leonard de Leonard is a fruity, green-floral chypre. And every time I think it’s a little too sweet for my taste, I get the purr of the leather and reconsider. This is an LOL chypre (light on leather.) Not usually my preference, but LdL uses its sweetness smartly. It’s not a counterpart to the admittedly light leather note. Rather, it matches the tone of the florals. Green plum-like notes gibe with the watery sweetness of the lily of the valley and hyacinth. The leather actually seems to fit with an unidentifiable spiciness that becomes, along with the leather, more noticeable yet oddly not any stronger in the drydown. This is the part that won me over. I feared LdL might be headed for a bad, sweet soapiness, but the leather and spice steer it away from soap and toward a lightly mossy chypre drydown.

passionata20
passionata20

This is such a beauty! Such an amazing floral with just a hint of a bitter note, just like i love it! If i am not mistaken it has some similarities with Azzaro´s "Azzaro 9". I have never smelled "Parure" from Guerlain but i am deeply in love with this perfectly balanced and extremly feminine (i guess also discontinued) perfume! When i wear it i feel like i am in a blooming garden full of flowers with a freshly cut green grass. Opening is more green (this is chypre after all), but the more it stays on your skin, the more beautiful it becomes. I like specially the drydown wich is more flowery than the opening.
Certanly a must have for spring!
Sadly doesn´t last long on my skin (about 4-5 hours), but since it is a EDT i guess it is ok. Not a sillage monster, but it don´t have to be. Also there is no such thing as domionant "soapy" note to my nose, which i am really grateful for.

For people wondering how this smells like, people with excellent noses have compared it to the discontinued Guerlain Parure.

imoore
imoore

I managed to get one via e-bay but it arrived in pieces grrrr, and I ended up with the money back, and no perfume. So next time I bought a mini, and it arrived safe and sound. Lucky me, since the dirty note (which is not listed here) is toooooo dirty for my liking. It is a beauty on paper, but not on my skin.

guest_Roro
guest_Roro

i use this perfume since years,, its my best friend ,, when i feel down or something bad happens nothing can make better rather than smilling it,, my days stats with a smill of it ,, i cant live without it .L'orchide'e- Leonard.

Leonard de Leonard by Leonard 4.35 out of 5 based on 35 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Leonard Leonard de Leonard fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Leonard Leonard de Leonard, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Leonard de Leonard by Leonard. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Leonard de Leonard by Leonard represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.