Designers » L » Oriental Woody « Groups

Patchouli Antique Les Nereides for women and men

Patchouli Antique Les Nereides for women and men
dislike

Patchouli Antique Les Nereides for women and men Pictures Patchouli Antique Les Nereides for women and men Pictures Patchouli Antique Les Nereides for women and men Pictures Patchouli Antique Les Nereides for women and men Pictures

Patchouli Antique is a rich and deep aroma of earthy and woody patchouli, intensive and power at the very beginning, calm, natural and warm in the final notes. A dark mystery scent of patchouli is softened by powdery vanilla and musk.

Musk Sandalwood Patchouli Virginia Cedar Vanille Orange

Inoubliable Elixir Patchouli
Pashmina Patchouly
Patchouli
Patchouli Premier

Patchouli Antique Fragrance Reviews

Angelica 000
Angelica 000

Delicious, hauntingly good Patchouli. Wisps rather than billows, but what fulsome wisps! I delight in it & have already bought a back up...essential to every Patchouli lover.

Angeldaisy
Angeldaisy

I can see exactly why this is called Patchouli Antique.

because it dries down to vintage powder. this smells vintage.

yes it's patchouli. but a well balanced, well behaved patchouli.
earthy, woody, slightly sweet and resinous.

and although perfectly lovely on its own, i think it might be a good one for layering.

lasts 12 hours on me.

Zetamamman
Zetamamman

Love this- green and smokey in the beginning, then fresh, dark and almost minty. And the drydown is exactly like Ambre Precieux (Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier!

Shwets
Shwets

Clean long lasting with silage patchouli.
I really like this patchouli.

girasolina
girasolina

A pleasant patchouli, not moist and earthy but not too gourmand ... well balanced. longevity is discreet and the sillage is weak but it's fine for me, suitable to wear every day in the office without attacking others. A mild and unisex fragrance that blends with the skin leaving a feeling of not being intrusive. So pass-partout which is perfect even to go to a funeral, where the excesses are unwelcome.

Q80
Q80

If you want to sniff the real Arabian type of patchouli then this one here is the one. Pure Patchouli to my nose and on a decent price. Quite enormous and superb quality. but i wonder does it last long!

jeffmars
jeffmars

ça fait des années que je connais Néréides Antique, les probleme c'est que j'ai l'impression qu'il est victime de son succes et que plus ça va plus il devient cher... Dommage, j'espère qu'on ne va pas le trouver dans des grandes surfaces car des copies circulent déjà et ce qui faisait son succès c'est qu'il fallait savoir ou le trouver pour l'avoir....

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Simple, austere, honest: in one word, good. Patchouli Antique is a totally good and respectable patchouli scent containing basically nothing more and nothing less than what a patchouli fan would want, with all its nuances: from earthy-rooty to balsamic, from stale-moldy to its dusty heart of cocoa-beans like notes. Pretty much nothing else except for a pleasant feel of warm, slightly sweet amber, mixed to a subtle and dusty musky note. Not too sweet, not too raw, just nice and cozy. Nothing really “antique” though, so don’t get fooled by the name: nothing decadent or nostalgic like in LM Parfums’ Patchouli Bohème or Parfumerie Générale’s Intrigant Patchouli. Still a totally good perfume, simple, rich, solid, probably not groundbreaking but an unpretentious, everyday gem for all patchouli lovers. It costs pennies, so grab one if you like this note. The longevity is a bit weak, though, but for the price and the concentration it’s fine.

7-7,5/10

framorena
framorena

THAT'S the way patchouli have to be, IMHO; not ambery, not too sweet enough to seem an other note (like amber) but neither sour and pungent , very very recognizable and pleasant! The right middle way between the real patchouli and its modern rendering, so that you can wear without seeming too hippie or too medicinal. Love.

Vehrkalia
Vehrkalia

This is Mother Earth's smell. :-)
I can detect a bitterness made of pure earth, patchouli, musk, some kind of sweet smoke like a vanilla cigar, and ancient dust.
It's very interesting but quite linear for my taste. It does not evolve much.
I can't say I donT like it, but I'd don't wear it all alone. I feel to improve its experience with something more, to love it.
But it's a really well made solinote for people who love patchouli. A good one.

desdal
desdal

This is a sexy earth mother --- starts out mossy and woodsy then evolves into a beautifully skanky sexy and soothing fragrance. This is a romantic autumn hike in a beautiful valley with its earthy patchouli turning to smooth vanilla musk. Love it!!!

Cacharro
Cacharro

Does someone know in which year this one was introduced? Thanx.

magnolia_xx
magnolia_xx

This was a blind buy (I was intrigued by the name and the very good price): I am so glad that my intuition worked so well!
It starts as a very strong, sharp, earthy and woody scent, and it could be a great masculine fragrance at this point; but then it turns into a delicious musk/patchouli/vanilla scent (but nothing like the dissonant "Angel" notes).
It smells so cozy and yummy! As another reviewer said, it is great when sprayed before going to bed, so you can fall asleep surrounded by this beautiful fragrance.
The staying power is more than 6 hours on my skin and even longer on clothes (be careful with spraying it on the clothes as the juice itself is dark brown and could stain the fabric).
Even though I was very happy of my blind purchase, I would recommend to test it before buying it because the top notes are very powerful so it surely is not everybody's cup of tea.

Plamka
Plamka

Sooo goooood :) i agree it smells like antique dust, the best description, smells like museums, as if i've put my head in a huge ancient amphora :) when it settles on your skin its very nice,a bit sweet, very powdery, lasts for hours! i want this

antfarm
antfarm

A bitter and sharp patchouli rounded out with vanillic powder and a touch of earthy, "antique" dust.

sparris
sparris

Received as a sample with a purchase of another perfume.

I detect no patchouli at all in this, at least not as I understand it.

It goes on minty, medicinal and slightly weird-smelling and reminds me of semi-fresh breath that someone's been trying to conceal by chewing gum. Camphorous.

There's also something reminiscent of pu-erh tea emerging after a while.

None of these notes are anything I associate with a personal fragrance applied for the pleasure of oneself or those around you. Terrible.

The Shelter
The Shelter

The best Patchouli ever!
I love this winter fragrance!
Patchouli, Tobacco & Chocolate mixed together...BOOM!

Conifer lover
Conifer lover

I welcome this loud powerhouse as it marks its territory. It jolts you into awareness with definitive presence. The Patchouli goes on strong but tame. Fresh earth and authentic wood tickle my cilia as I struggle to wait for the drydown.

My senses are heightened as this breath of clean, dirty air takes me back to a walk through the arboretum where I deeply inhaled the earthy smell of compost, soil, and mulch.

Imagine being at the summit of a roller coaster and swooping down into the serenity of safety. This is what you will experience when you cross paths with Patchouli Antique.

Although this fragrance is not complex, it stands out because it is aggressive and docile simultaneously. Patchouli Antique is a warm, feminine, beautiful representation of what fragrance lovers seek when they want the real deal. If you have the courage, take the plunge, just Be Prepared for a wild ride.

This is not simply a patchouli fragrance, this is patchoulissimo. No frils, pleasantly unrefined, simple and extremely earthy patch with powdery/ambery undertones. Honest, unpretentious yet attention worthy for any patch lover...I stick with more complex interpretations of the main theme, but if you're up for a classic no surprise patchouli, check this out, this is quality stuff.

Rating: 7.5/10

mariana1974
mariana1974

A lovely dark and earthy patchouli, with a yummy dark chocolate note. A bit masculine, but not in a harsh way, it's great to wear to bed and fall asleep sniffing my arm :)

Yamba1
Yamba1

Scorpiosheep gifted me a generous sample of this beauty. This is a thick, chewy patchouli, reminiscent of Coze in my opinion. Where Coze is heavy on the tobacco, this is heavy on the chocolate note (though none is officially listed) this is a great winter scent and if you like Coromandel, Borneo 1834 and Coze, this is most definitely a must have.

Thanks again Scorpiosheep !

loesje234

Update :-)
Of all the perfumes I use, this is the only one that always gets me compliments!
As mentioned before, close to your skin, it's a little bit bourbon. But the sillage...Wow!

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

Got this as a sample when I ordered Les Nereides Oppoponax.

I must say it`s horrific. Very strong tobacco and medicinal patchouli. So very much not up my alley.

Soutty123
Soutty123

It's an interesting scent - I think that's the kindest thing I can say about it. I received it by accident as I had ordered Imperial Opponax from a French company and they sent me this instead.

It makes me think of dusty attics and cobwebs and stale cigarette smoke. I imagine being a child and finding clothes from 80 years ago that still have the faint scent of perfume on them - that's the smell that I get. It's evocative in a way but if I want to smell like this and I could live in a damp house with a bunch of smokers, wear Opium to bed and get up without showering and go out. Not my thing really.

jtd
jtd

Vanilla and musk tell you exactly the tone Patchouli Antique means to strike. In its favor, it's lovely and smooth, emphasizing the rich, powdery-dusty side of patchouli. The downside for us perfume thrill-seekers is that from the first sniff I felt that I knew exactly where PA was headed. And I was right. Still, if you just want to relax into your patch, PA does the trick.

fpih
fpih

A very nice deep and powdery patchouli scent with good lasting power and very good sillage. Though when I put my nose to my wrist the scent is somewhat oldish and heady, the whiffs I get -and the others who were next to me in dinner last night- are so much better:-) Warm and comforting and just a little bit naughty. Fot its price tag, it more than delivers.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

From a batch of samples this one has stood out for me as a nice re-interpretation of my old favorite patchouli oil. It is interesting and layered, beginning with a cool mossy patchouli and warming up to a sweet amber in the drydown. Very nice, enjoyable to wear and I would definately buy this one, especially as it's marginally better value than other niche lines for a good sized bottle. Sillage is close to the skin, longevity 3-4 hours.

Galya
Galya

I CAN ALSO DETECT THERE A NOTE OF CHOCOLATE :)

mjb76
mjb76

The old bottle (the one still displayed here with the angels on the label) contained a perfume that was my favourite!
Unfortunately they redesigned the bottle (which isn't a problem) but they also CHANGED the quality of the fragrance, the concentration, a lot less patchouli and musk base tone. At first I thought I was crazy but I compared an old bottle with the new one (and sprinkled on left/right hand) and the 'new' patchouli antique lasts really short! The scent that remains isn't also as good as it used to be. Probably they wanted to save on the ingredients they use to make more money??
Really dissappointed Nereides is doing this to my favourite perfume!!! This used to be the best patchouli ever!!

If I order here, do I still get the bottle with the angels on it with the higher quality fragrance in it???

loesje234

My collegue wears a lot of patchoulis and this one I like best on her, maybe because of the musk and vanilla. Starts with a bourbonsmell to me, when that ambery smell disapears, lovely powdery patchouli remains.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

As many of the reviews on Luckyscent mention, this really does have a musty opening note. In fact, on me, it is bordering on downright mildewy! But strangely, it's mildewy in an endearing, nostalgic way...reminding me of memories made while playing with my cousins in the attic of their summer cabin.

Eventually, after not too long, the mustiness fades and I am left with a soft, powdery, sweet patchouly. The intensity of the base is similar to what I find in Imperial Opoponax.

I like this scent for the memories it evokes.

Suseken
Suseken

Patchouly and vanilla-a great combination.But you have to love patchouly.Its not for every day,very special.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Les Nereides Patchouli Antique fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Les Nereides Patchouli Antique, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Patchouli Antique by Les Nereides. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Patchouli Antique by Les Nereides represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.