Designers » L » Floral Green « Groups

The Unicorn Spell Les Nez for women

The Unicorn Spell Les Nez for women
dislike

The Unicorn Spell is a floral green fragrance of the violet flower in morning dew. The feeling it evokes is fairy – tale like; it’s like chasing a unicorn through a dense forest in early dawn. It was created by the nose Isabelle Doyen.

Available as 50 ml EDP.

Green Notes Violet Woodsy Notes

Pentachords White
Voile de Violette

The Unicorn Spell Fragrance Reviews

elseemoonz
elseemoonz

I love Violet and green notes. But when I wear Unicorn Spell, my body eats away all the green, and I'm left with a faint and powdery violet that fades in an hour. In contrast, Serge Lutens Bois de Violette also fades in an hour but it smells like divine sparkling violet heaven the whole time (worth it!). Try this on yourself- on my friend it smells exactly how it's supposed to.

spidola
spidola

I could not non-notice the perfume with such a wonderful name…It seemed to be created personally for me.
Besides the name, it’s the greenest perfume I’ve ever smelled. But the extremes often slip and I guess it’s the case. It opens with freshly cut grass, dry herbs and something sour, like a lime. And I smell the green tea, I know it’s not listed, but the smell is so real. It’s the green tea without any sugar, bitter a bit and woody… This enormous greenness is too much for my taste, but maybe it’s the scent that some forest-faun happily wears, I like to imagine it in this way… The violet appears only after half an hour and this is the best, really enjoyable part, of this spell…
I'm glad to have it tested.

Fizzy
Fizzy

Am I the only one, who can´t smell the violets at all? Where are the violets? The fragrance is bitter and woodsy green. I would say, very very green, a bit pine and spicy.
For me, as a lover of heavy and sweet gourmands, it smells so strange...

a.odessa
a.odessa

This perfume is really great for wearing while you're on a walk in the woods, drinking tea, or maybe watercoloring. In general, if you are alone or with other females. (this is clearly a feminine perfume, I have no idea how it would turn out on a man) Makes me feel ethereal, spritely and free. The woodsy notes provide the necessary depth that keep this from being a "teen" fragrance. I'm pretty happy that this sillage is low, because while I'm happy with the scent, it's not fully bodied/sexy enough for me to want to project it.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

there's a very sharp green opening to this and i didn't like it when i first tried my sample. but after a little while, the sharpness disappears and leaves this soft very distinct violet in the woods kind of smell. worth a try and a sample. but not a bottle for me.

babsyfish
babsyfish

The "fluorescent green" opening that SedNonSatiata decribes could not be more spot on! But, Unicorn Spell quickly settles into a quiet, moist, earthiness that totally defies the typical candied-soapiness that most violet scents carry and that I usually find a bit cloying. It really does smell like a small violet patch hidden beneath heaps of damp moss on the forest floor. The only problems I have with this fragrance are its sillage and longevity. I don't know if I got a weak sample, but I could barely smell it unless I put my nose right up to my arm, and within probably an hour, it was almost totally gone. What a shame. Such a subtle, lovely perfume.

On paper: bitter green notes and violet for an overall effect that is not very far from Gray Flannel or Fahrenheit (but not as good as).

On skin: mainly violet reminding of those violet candies wrapped in purple tinfoil. Very efemeral, kind of cloying. If you're into straight ahead violet fragrances, go ahead. Not for me, sorry.

Isabelle Doyen is surely a very talented perfumeur but this time she simply didn't hit the target.

guest_A. Rose
guest_A. Rose

Wet rocks surrounded by grasses and flute-shaped plants, with their natural basins filling and emptying with water; a burbling brook, rolling over stones and sending up a fresh, mineral mist in the early hours of morning. The evening dew is creating a vapor that rises-off fresh violet blooms and snowdrop flowers. It's the cusp of dawn and grass feels crisp and quick to crunch underfoot. As the sun rises, the violets warm and a slighty sugary steam begins to swirl and mix with the wetness of earth and trees, giving the impression of myth, ancient majesty, mystery and timelessness; "The Unicorn Spell".

chrysographes
chrysographes

I would echo some points from the first post below with one notable difference. True violet -- that lovely piercing note instead of the usual candy; and fresh grass. Dry down remains soft, yet clear and refreshing. Doesn't last forever, of course, but worth buying enough to wear often.

It is simple & graceful without being stupid AND the sillage is modest --- a great fragrance when you don't feel like screaming at the top of your lungs.

adele l
adele l

not crazy about this one- it certainly is interesting, green and vegetal...not very wearable though

Kterhark
Kterhark

This is an upfront violet that reminds me of similar takes from niche houses Sonoma Scent Studio (Wood violet), DSH perfumes (violet di Murano), and more recently Ava Luxe's Black Violet.

The spin here is green, and I like that; it keeps it fresh and energetic. This is an interesting scent to me; I'll wear it again a few times to see if my opinion changes, but my frist take is positive.

Edit: Tonight the Unicorn spell opened with that barky violet note that i'm used to, but the dry down is dipping into the sweet territory. Before I wore this during a work out, followed by running around in the hot sun. tonight it's cool outside and I'm relaxing.

I'm not enjoying it as much as the first time and would prefer something dryer with more contrast.

solocha
solocha

Green, fresh violet in a grass - simple and nice, but the sillage is poor.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Les Nez The Unicorn Spell fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Les Nez The Unicorn Spell, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The Unicorn Spell by Les Nez. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The Unicorn Spell by Les Nez represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.