Designers » L » Oriental Floral « Groups

Secrets de Rose Les Parfums de Rosine for women

Secrets de Rose Les Parfums de Rosine for women
dislike

Secrets de Rose is a feminine fragrance presented in 2009, created of floral notes and amber and inspired by rare flower - black rose. The perfume incorporates plum, orange, rose, saffron, liquorice, magnolia, ylang ylang, rose absolute. jasmine, cumin, sandalwood, amber, labdanum, musk and moss. This fragrance is available as 50 and 100ml edp.

Plum Licorice Rose Bitter Orange Saffron

Magnolia Ylang-Ylang Rose Jasmine Caraway

Sandalwood Oakmoss Amber Labdanum Musk

Secrets de Rose Fragrance Reviews

sfdla
sfdla

Blind buy, total sticker seduction

The bottle is beautiful. Yes, that's a little like saying someone is "nice" before describing how s/he looks. But, it is a beautiful bottle, and it has a nice heft to it. Cute tassle.

The fragrance is a full-blown, bawdy rose. Maybe you could extrapolate from the name to guess it's a bouquet of roses for a secret lover or a tryst in a rose garden. But really the name says rose, and there is no secret--it smells like roses.

The reason I'm calling it bawdy is that this rose isn't (secretly) peeking out from behind some other ingredients. It's as obvious as putting your face in a bouquet, dampened slightly by powder and maybe a little musc--guessing this is the labdanum. It wears more like someone trying to be ladylike than actually being a lady (ooh, maybe that's the secret).

Projection is not huge, but longevity is at least eight hours. It ends up being nice and unassuming for day wear. Fairly linear. Not unpleasant. Sort of like a classier deoderant.

I was hoping for more contrast/interplay between the rose, licorice, and saffron but I don't even get a hint of those, or the orange. Just rose and labdanum. Again, it's not bad. But I probably wouldn't buy again.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Secrets de Rosine is quite rosy. I think I underestimated how rosy it would be. And yet it is not as strident and soliflore as PW Tea Rose. Secrets starts with a fruity rosiness, like raspberries and roses; juicy, sweet, and very “pink” smelling. Then it seemed to become an indolic, full blown rose but as it develops more, I’m less sure. It seems to undulate from the fruity rose to a full blown rose to a more green and stalky rose. Secrets de Rosine develops and alternates between these rose personalities in a way PW does not; it has more character and depth. More secrets, if you will. I did find Secrets to be a tiny bit powdery, but just a tad; it’s like smelling the pollen-y center of a full blown rose.

If you have smelled Marshmallow MOR and thought “oh, if only this had more rose and less white musk”, I highly recommend Secrets—it is just that. It is light almost candied-rose sweetness, that is more rosy than in Marshmallow; and it is does not have the white muskiness of Marshmallow, being more intensely rose. Especially in the dry down, it does have a tiny hint of indoles, a richness that is rather organic but not overwhelmingly so. After 5 hours, it is quite faint but still present on my skin. Sillage was low. A lovely rose fragrance, interesting and multidimensional.

jbells
jbells

Secrets de Rose starts with a beautiful whiff of plums on sweetened roses. Even in the early stages, it is intensely powdery, and you can tell that there is a complex mix of notes going on in the background that lends a lot of depth to this.

Very quickly, it becomes sweet and resinous with a hint of spice. When I put my nose close to my skin, I pick up something bitter and aromatic, and something else that seems milky (the magnolia, perhaps?). It swings between this and the plumy state for quite a while; quite the shape-shifter here. There's also a mild nutty scent to this, but I can't pin it down.

As it progresses, ylang ylang definitely becomes more prominent on me, backed by a beautiful musky candied rose that lends some sensuality to this. A hint of spice amps things up, giving it a slight almost Middle-Eastern vibe.

SdR ends less powdery than it started out, with a sweet musky resin. I would even say that there is a something of a woody feel to it, too.

I love this. I see this as the perfume of a lady who wears her little black dress, instead of the LBD wearing her. She would walk into the room in appropriately high stilettos and a quiet charm and confidence, and yet be noticed for precisely that. She's not childish and mindlessly flirtatious, oh no, she knows exactly what to do at all times.

Definitely an impressive, highly addictive fume with excellent sillage and pretty good longevity (around 5 hours on me).

Clws
Clws

This is quite lovely. I was only able to sample it from a friends collection, but just from the limited amount of time I've spent with the fragrance I'm entranced. This one will probably be very hard for me to find, but I'm going hunting!

curlykitty8
curlykitty8

Another Rosine which defies all its ingredients!
Secrets de Rose is a soft, totally talcum powder fragrance, it clings closeby and discreetly.
No explosions, just lovely, classy and great when you want to smell like a lady without announcing your arrival.

Immediately upon applying Les Parfums de Rosine SECRETS DE ROSE, I thought of Maître Parfumeur et Gantier ROSE MUSKISSIME. Gazing over the notes, it's not exactly clear why, but both compositions do feature some animalia, notably musk, and also something like that je ne sais quoi scent which comes along with black currant, though black currant is not explicitly mentioned for SECRETS DE ROSE.

This is a complex and mercurial rose, with lots of undulating tiny waves of darkness in between the light and sweet qualities. As usual for this house, the rose in SECRETS DE ROSE smells splendid. I do not detect many of the listed notes individually, including licorice and cumin, both of which are usually quite salient to my nose. I love the former and dislike the latter but smell neither specifically in this creation. What is happening here, I think, is that all of the fruity and animalic notes are blending to produce a simulacrum of black currant. Since I love black currant in perfume, I find this blend most appealing.

I decided to compare the two perfumes side-by-side and discovered that the black currant is true in ROSE MUSKISSIME and more of an image in SECRETS DE ROSE, which also seems more green--at least in wafts. It changes a lot over the course of a wear, as the various components wax and wane...

I already own a bottle of ROSE MUSKISSIME, but honestly, I would not mind one bit having a bottle of SECRETS DE ROSE as well!

chirobi
chirobi

I love rose scents, but I'm used them being innocent and chaste; this one is not. One can only guess what kind of secrets this rose has. Judging from the amber, labdanum, musk base, this unabashedly libinous rose has left a trail of broken hearts in her wake.

I agree with those before that this is a winter/night rose scent. I appreciate its quality, but right now I feel like the perfume's wearing me instead. So until I grow an extra few inches in all requisite areas, I think I'll have to stick to lighter, fresher rose scents.

scentous
scentous

this one is a sweet rose (not cloying though), opening with orange and sugary plum, then I get jasmine, pepper (may be it is the cumin?), liquorice and amber..sweetness-creaminess never go away, this one has a bigger sillage than the other rosines, and it shoud be worn in fall-winter time, and can be a special night perfume..

Lilian
Lilian

The onset is I think dry plum, a little bit of orange rind and licorice. Depending on the weather and my mood, I sometimes perceive that as sticky sweet, other times it feels leathery.
I like to wear it in spring (late March to April). Then, it blooms into the most luscious dark rose with a slightly burnt edge. And the drydown: balmy, powdery, just the right amount of sweetness, makes me think of a warm furry animal.
This rose starts all dark and gloomy, but by the end of the night it's all smiles and a big warm soul. I suppose I really like the labdanum and amber in this.

talnyc
talnyc

Hi all! I just bought this scent today (12/13/11) and I think it is a wonderful rose blend for the fall/winter. The main top note is rose - black rose, and it dries down to a lovely plum/earthy with a touch of powder.

It is a very nice scent. You know what else is great by Rosine? Rosine makes wonderful body creams....wow! They are great and the cream is of a nice formulation. These make a very nice holiday gift. Barney's sells them as well as candles and Rosine soaps. Check it out if you can.

Enjoy!

suile
suile

A very interesting rich rose fragrance, with a multitude of notes as per its description, though the most prominent one to me as it develops is labdanum. Another high scorer on my list, 8/10. I really enjoyed wearing it on a cold evening.

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Perfume)

SECRETS DE ROSE is such a beautiful dark velvet rose. The rose is smooth, sultry and seductive in this fragrance. It reminds me of a boudoir of a seductress, a beautiful courtesan who is well-educated, smart, provocative and charming.

The opening is gorgeous and sultry rose mixed with the juicy plum and hot saffron note. The rose absolue is sweet and luscious in the heart notes surrounded by the noble magnolia and jasmine. The cumin in the heart notes is not vulgar but it is still spicy and a bit dirty, like a risky innuendo. The dry down is gorgeous oakmoss mixed with the labdanum and beautiful slightly powdery rose.

I admire many rose perfumes from Rosine’s house but SECRETS DE ROSE is done extremely well and remains one of my favorites. It is sultry, sweet, vibrant and full bodied rose that still smells like a natural rose. I definitely recommend this for rose perfume lovers.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Les Parfums de Rosine Secrets de Rose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Les Parfums de Rosine Secrets de Rose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Secrets de Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Secrets de Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.