Designers » L » Floral Aquatic « Groups

Beachy Lilly Pulitzer for women
dislike

ozonic
salty

The collection of three fragrances by this house will be on the market from November 2008 and include perfumes named Wink, Squeeze and Beachy.

Beachy a fresh, joyful and intoxicating perfume, which offers water melon, sunny citruses and sea breeze aromas in the very opening, while the heart is enriched with jasmine flowers, tiare and frangipani. The base includes salt crystals, golden amber and sweet vanilla. This perfume in a blue bottle was created by Karine Dubreuil.

Design director and motifs creator by the house of Lilly Pulitzer, Janie Schoenborn, created combinations of colours and motifs which will be visible on stripes on colour pencil boxes, as well as on perfume package. Wink got primary motifs in pink and green nuances, Squeeze is decorated with yellow and orange, while Beachy is coloured in blues and greens. Secondary motifs are found on outside packages, as well as on body lotions. Design of the bottles was inspired by architecture Via Mizner in Palm Beach.

Beachy is available in two amounts: 50ml (1.7oz) EDP and 100ml (3.4oz) EDP, with an accompanying line of body lotions and scented candles.

Watermelon Citruses

Beach

Beachy Fragrance Reviews

lavender sage
lavender sage

I really enjoy this scent - it's just fun. I don't detect any vanilla or amber in it - on me this scent dries down to a salty lime margarita. I found it to be very strong though. I'd suggest using a light hand with this one.
The bottle is very pretty, also. I love the blue color of the glass and the little tropical print "scarf" around the cap. Very "beachy" indeed. :)

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

I have not read any reviews as to taint my own opinion . I just received my bottle of Beachy and I am quite impressed. I am not familiar with this brand of perfume. I was hoping that Beachy would live up to it's name. A nice summer scent - and guess what? It did! It was love at first sniff for me with beachy. A gorgeous summery scent similar to suntan lotion. After a few hours I can still smell this beautiful scent on my arm. It transformed though into something even nicer. The initial suntan lotion smell has gone leaving a warmer more gorgeous scent. All in all I am in love with this. I hear it can be found for a song at Marshalls - if you find it stock up.

JenAtticus
JenAtticus

I love this collection. They are all so bright and clean. This one is super fresh almost like... air freshener fresh. But in a good way! Look around for these at TJ Maxx and Marshalls. I got mine for $14.99. I haven't worn it yet, but sprayed it smells salty and then I get some baby powder smell. Not really any fruit. I don't think this is just a summer scent, it's good for anytime you want to smell clean and bright.

amy1983
amy1983

Beachy is the perfect name for this.
This is aquatic,not tropical or fruity. This is a white floral and also smells like the ocean. It's clean,and blue. There is the saltiness of the ocean,but this could have been saltier.
This reminds me a bit of Jennifer Aniston's perfume.
The bottle is cute. It's a beautiful shade of blue,with a ribbon and a round cap.

sweaterfreak
sweaterfreak

I must agree with Alex193. This fragrance smells nothing of fruit on me at all. It is much more of a sandy Coppertone fragrance on me, which I believe is orange blossom/neroli, but I do not see that note listed. On my skin it is almost identical to Bobbi's Beach. Prices on ebay are a steal on this right now, so it is worth trying out for a nice summer scent.

ssherices
ssherices

I swapped for this blindly and I am glad I did. Its very fresh and does remind me of the beach...like a walk on the pier and the wind blowing kind of beachy...not suntan coconut beach. I love it!

alex193
alex193

Wow. I feel like I'm wearing a completely different perfume than all of you. I don't get fruit in this at all - no watermelon, no citrus. I get a very salty, somewhat musky (amber I presume) scent that actually dries to a faint patchouli on my skin, but not my clothes. The longevity and silliage are lacking, and I'd be quite upset if I'd paid department store prices for this. I'm an avid beach-scent sampler, and this is WAY different from your usual beach suspects. I'd probably describe this as a more of an English cliff side ocean lookout, cloudy and windy, with waves of salty sea air being tossed in the wind. Not a tropical or playful beach as the theme of the scent suggests. That being said, I do like it. I almost wonder if I'm anosmic to some component of it though, because I feel like I'm missing out on what most of you smell, and its gone from my skin and clothes within an hour.

sumrdream
sumrdream

This definitely is a breezy, beachy smelling perfume. Pure summer in a bottle. Watermelon and sea breeze.....good daytime perfume when the weather is hot and you just want a little something to make you smell good...not overly strong or cloying just breezy and sunny. The bottle is pretty too!

celebrity89
celebrity89

Pure carnation and island flowers which dries down to an oceany melon. Smells like a rich woman's perfume from the 1960's. Use sparingly.

ohwellok
ohwellok

At first spray I get a heady mix of juiciness and sea water. As it dries down the vanilla seems to warm the scent in a way that takes it from an almost juvenile yet fun perfume to something of more substance. There is a touch of sunscreen to the scent, but not how you would imagine it. All in all this is one of my go to fragrances for summer and it never fails to put a smile on my face.

acv43

i just discovered a that if you mix a few heavy sprays of beachy with light spray of a sweet fruity perfume(i used escada marine groove which i usually find too sweet) the effect is wonderful, perfect beach scent! :)
this one is good for layering

acv43

this has such a mild fragrance that even immediately after spraying the scent is light and has almost no projection (on me anyway). the scent itself is likable- a breath of saltiness to reference the sea air, light tropic flowers and a sweet amber base mixed with a touch of fruitiness- the combined effect is a sweet light sun tan lotion/sea salt smell which is pleasant.
my complaint is this- if i wanted the suntan lotion smell i could apply real suntan lotion which not only would have a more intense smell but also have greater longevity! however at $14.99 a bottle it is hard to complain.
I am hoping that as the weather warms this scent will impress me more.

on the bright side the bottle is very cute!i love the color and the chic little scarf,and the glass has a heavy well made feel that i would expect for a more expensive perfume.

FleurDefendue
FleurDefendue

The opening blast of salt is not my favorite but quickly faded. The scent is soft & sweet yet not at all cloying.

Sadly, it left an inescapable plastic smell on me I couldn't ignore. Perhaps bad chemistry?

Lilly Pulitzer BEACHY for some reason ends up smelling like allspice or maybe a light layer of clove on my skin. It's a different sort of perfume, and I do notice the ozonic similarity to Bond no 9 FIRE ISLAND, but I don't detect much in the way of florals here. Actually, to be honest, I do not detect any of the above listed notes in this composition: watermelon? salt? vanilla? frangipani? Okay, I do get a bit of jasmine... And, again, the "ozonic amber" of FIRE ISLAND.

I'm not much of an amateur of aquatic and ozonic perfumes to begin with, so it's not that surprising that I am not that enthusiastic about this creation. The good news is that BEACHY does not smell like suntan lotion (as does FIRE ISLAND). The bad news is that, in wafts, I get a sort of burnt hairspray vibe, albeit light, rather like the smell of someone's hair after she used a curling iron on top of yesterday's styling products.

I don't know that I'll wear this fragrance very often, but it's unique enough to keep now that I picked up a bottle from TJMaxx for $14.99. (-;

Cams
Cams

Very, very successful blind buy! The fragrance is absolutely delightful, playful and perfect for summer! I adore the frangipani, watermelon and pear notes and that sensational sweet vanilla was the icing on the cake. It lasted all day on me (7:30 am to 10:30 pm) and that cute as hell blue bottle is a stunner on my vanity. Guess its clear that I am in love with this one! A must- have!

mlpalazzo
mlpalazzo

Fresh, light, very summery. My only complaint is the strength. Almost smelled a little powdery to my nose. I liked it, but didn't love it.

lilypad
lilypad

Yummmm!!! I love the beach and all things aquatic so I've smelled a lot of frags with a self-proclaimed ocean connection and this is the most accurate one I've ever come across. It does have a sort of suntan lotion-y aroma to it, but it's mellowed out by the floral and salt notes so that the overall effect is just 100% beach. This frag embodies the power of aromatherapy for me b/c I can take one whiff and be instantly transported even in the dead of winter! Beachy indeed!

exciter76
exciter76

Lilly Pulitzer’s Beachy isn’t really beachy at all. It’s more of a ‘Summer by the Pool’ than ‘A July Afternoon in Huntington Beach’ fragrance, if I do say so. It successfully evokes the essence of summer in a bottle, probably better than most self-proclaimed summer fragrances. I want winter to be over already so I have been wearing this intermittently for the past few months. I have other Summer fragrances but this one has all the conventional elements that take me instantly to a lounge chair by the pool in 80⁰F weather.

The salted watermelon in this is not what you might think. It sounds fruity but it is used interestingly to create a scent of water. It is more of a chlorinated watery scent than an ocean or lake water scent. Strange, I know, but probably more accessible to the wearer since pool sides are more readily available than shorelines. It’s persistent, as it stays throughout the composition, but not overpowering. There is also the sweet, warmed scent of sun-baked skin (due to the salt, amber, and a faint touch of toasted vanilla) and faint suntan lotion (thanks to the tropical flower bouquet). The citrus is barely there but acts as a moderator that keeps the suntan lotion note in check and the water element believable.

Beachy has great projection, is long-lasting, and has wonderful sillage, inviting others to join you for drinks by the pool. I would say this is a perfect scent for year-round—perfect for cold weather months while wishing for warmer days and warmer months to welcome the summer sun. It’s well on its way to becoming my signature scent.

aelias
aelias

It smells like as bad version of cucumber melon scents from Bath and Body Works. I do not get the beach connection at all.

elixir
elixir

This perfume is an all emcompassing trip to the sunny shore. Marine accord, watermelon, vanilla warmth, sunscreen, yep..it's in there. Wonderful staying power as well which is impressive. I happen to love being near the water so i find this very appealing and as someone who lives in the midwest and welcomes Spring/Summer with opens arms, wearing Beachy gets me there a bit sooner.

justpeachy
justpeachy

It's fascinating to me how Lilly Pulitzer's Beachy can encompass both "fresh" and "intoxicating" at once.

At first breath I'm enveloped in a salty, heady burst of citrus and tiare - almost gingery. After a few minutes, it calms to the jasmine with an oceany undertone - I could swear I can smell a lingering "sunscreen" note. It's warm - airy and watery and yet comforting and inviting at the same time. As it dries down, it's soft and sweet on my skin, and the fresher scent hangs onto my clothes. And there's the faintest salty whisper, just as is always present in the coastal air.

It really is Beachy - reminds me of a warm, humid summer night at the beach, digging your toes in the damp sand while a soft, salty breeze plays with your hair. It is, without question, one of my favorite fragrances.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

It smells like incense in a hippy shop.
Not bad but not something I would wear everyday.

guest_Mushroom!
guest_Mushroom!

There's a strong floral presence that always lingers when I spray it on.
This does not remind me of the beach at all, but rather; a summer garden emitting scents of Jasmine and Frangipani in the late cool afternoon breeze.
Not a bad scent at all, I actually took a liking to this.

ilikethequiet
ilikethequiet

Beachy is indeed reminiscent of a day at the beach. It is little salty with clean aquatics, and the tiare flower is present in the background, bringing freshness to the notes. The jasmine could be a little quieter, but otherwise, it is a quiet, pleasant floral aquatic.

I find the salt and amber combination of the base notes soothing, as the seaside is my favorite get-away spot. It's not an exact approximation of a day at the beach, but it's close enough to lighten the mid-winter blahs.

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

I have a decant of this, and it has grown on me over time. Love the initial orange burst (almost reminds me of orange blossoms), and I also enjoy the lovely jasmine and creaminess that the vanilla brings. Another note here that I love in this scent is either the frangipani or the tiara flower which gives a wonderful floral spiciness. Perfect for days when I don't know what else to wear.

sofiii
sofiii

It's a OK scent but has nothing really to do with beach. As ca.comMiss_bin mention, it starts off like JPG Ma Dame. (I really don't like Ma Dame)However, this one is like Ma Dame with the milky aqua synthetic scent, but less headach-inducing(I still got a headach tho).

Later on, I detect a little hint of clean baby powder scent.(Maybe that's Jasmine + Salt?) and this echo-y feeling does reminds me the beach, but not a natural one, it's more like a artificial beach with heaps of party girls and drink.

This could be a cute and young scent for teenagers and early-twenty-somethings, but not my cup of tea.

Cherub573
Cherub573

I tried this on last night and thought it was very pleasant. I didn't get the fruity notes listed as the opening, it pretty much went right into the tiare and vanilla. It did remind me of beachy fragrances, but also smelled very familiar, though I can't think of what other perfume it reminds me of... I would have bought it if I felt it was more unique smelling.

melissa
melissa

I bought this a couple of months ago, and some days I like it but for the most part the dry down smells funny to me. I have alot of ocean/beach smells, but this I will probably give to my sister.

Pa.princess
Pa.princess

My favorite vacation is going to the beach, which my husband and I do every year. I am always on the look out for some type of aquatic, marine, beachy scent to make me feel like I'm on holiday.I couldn't wait to try Beachy. Thought it would be the perfect scent. Took me a while to find it and when I finally did I was SO disappointed!!! It smelled like an old cardigan sweater packed in moth balls...at the beach. I ended up buying Squeeze. You can check out my review for that.

ca.comMiss_Binky
ca.comMiss_Binky

Really AMAZING fragrance-this begins a little like JPG Ma Dame, reminding me of something synthetic from childhod-maybe before the tiare kicks in, I'm getting a little smidge of Coppertone old school. Fragrance keeps the tiare/Hawiian flower vibe for about 10 minutes, then becomes more oceany, remaining for quite some time with a breath of salt wind, sea greens and white florals. Really excellent for an island vacay or just in the middle of a winter deep freeze to remind you it won't last forever. Probably the best of the "seaside" scents ever.

Beachy by Lilly Pulitzer 3.76 out of 5 based on 97 ratings and 30 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lilly Pulitzer Beachy fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lilly Pulitzer Beachy, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Beachy by Lilly Pulitzer. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Beachy by Lilly Pulitzer represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.